[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 55

File: peak glory.png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
peak glory.png
189KB, 265x370px
"Old News" Edition

Previous: >>54624198

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Which Commander 2017 deck are you excited for and why is it Grixis Wizards?
>>
>>54639206
>no discord

:^)
>>
What are some fun green black commanders who interact with the graveyard other than Meren?
>>
Hey, I'm really trying to get my vorel deck to not suck, you guys have any suggestions?
http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftappedout.net%2Fmtg-decks%2Fhypothetical-vorel-v2%2F
>>
>>54639367
Jarad, glissa, varolz.

Let me know if any work for you
>>
>>54639367
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
Ghave, Guru of Spores (if you add white)
>>
>>54639367
>>54639410
>>54639425
Different Golgariguy who came back to EDH after a 2 year hiatus.. any new token creating creatures I should know off for Savra stax?
>>
>>54639206
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54639483
Pls don't start shit
>>
Guys, should I build talrand or red omnath?

I don't want two token producing decks, but I'm not sure which is better
>>
>>54639381
fix land base

take out jank common creatures

don't play cards just because they synergize with Vorel; play card that are good on their own
>>
>>54639583
...what would the jank commons be? Sapphire drake?
>>
>>54639529
Depends on your playstyle, Omnath is very timmy but fun to play.
>>
>>54639610
Sorry that sounded ruder than I meant, I just wanted to ask for elaboration, like should I remove all commons?
>>
>>54639514
Nigga just don't acknowledge it.
>>
>>54639529
omnath is more fun
>>
>>54639367
glissa is super fun
>>
>>54639381

I run a Vorel deck, lots of fun. Huge ramp, draw lots of a cards, massive bombs.

Protean Hydra, Primordial hydra come to mind. Rashmi doesn't fit the deck but is just good. Sage of Hours can be fired off fast too for an extra turn.

Everflowing Chalice for ramp.

Why use Swan Song instead of Counterspell?

Bioshift has some great uses. You can shift a heap on counters from one creature to another to deal massive damage, or to exploit other effects. Put them all on Gyre Sage and drop a massive Genesis Wave. Move them onto Fathom Mage and draw a glut of cards. It has many exploits.

Doubling Season and maybe Parallel Lives, if token play a big part in the final deck. Bred for the Hunt is value too.

Your deck has good land search for ramp, but you need more card draw, either the blue staples or things like Triumph of Ferocity and Soul of the Harvest, Cream of the Crop.
>>
File: ramosdragonengine.jpg (27KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ramosdragonengine.jpg
27KB, 265x370px
Can this guy be good?
>>
>>54639206
>Thread Question:
None until I see what goes inside each and every one of them.
>>
File: door.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54639696
sure, why not
>>
For the guy looking for draw in Prossh.
S K U L L C L A M P
>>
>>54639449
I mean...there are plenty of creatures that create Eldrazi Scion tokens.
>>
>>54639693
Thanks, this is exactly the kind of freedback I was looking for. swan song is from when I ran a much more mana light version of this build, forgot to switch it over.

I was thinking of throwing in rhystic study, but I don't know what to cut for it?
>>
File: Image.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
139KB, 223x311px
Soooo... even the oracle text doesnt use the word target.

Can this pick up my phantasmal image?
>>
>>54639693
Also thoughts on magistrate's scepter?
>>
>>54639863
yep
>>
>>54639696
Ramos is going to be
B
R
O
K
E
N
>>
>>54639826
I've not had a great time with proliferate, other than Inexorable Tide which keeps going off. Most spells with proliferate (Fuel for the Cause) seem a bit over costed for an added on effect that's a bit small potatoes adding single counters compared to the various doubling effects you have.

Maybe Solidarity of Heroes would be ok. Also forgot Mycoloth earlier, he likes counters.
>>
how do i ramp in WU? am i just running normal rocks or is there something im not seeing?
>>
>>54639876
I've got one but not tried it yet. Might get a lot of hate from other players!
>>
>>54640022
Beyond the usual colourless ramp, there's Marble Diamond, Pearl Medallion and stuff like Land Tax to help. Blue has some equivalents.

Caged Sun and Gauntlet of Power.
>>
>>54640022
Rocks are mostly better, but there is some ramp in UW. Mainly Kor Cartographer e Dreamscape Artist.
>>
>>54639610
>>54639625
not that anon, but i think you should mostly look into cutting the high cmc stuff that doesn't do much

Sapphire Drake
Crowned Ceratok
Battlefront Krushok

You should also up the land count to like 36 at least

You've found a lot of spicy tech for Vorel, which is good, but a lot of times you're better off using an overall better card for the same purpose. For your deck, I'd consider running something like Pathbreaker Ibex as a trample enabler instead.

I also don't think profilerate is ever really worth it. Those cards do nothing unless you already have a bunch of creatures AND you have counters on them, at which point all profilerate does is make those creatures slightly stronger. So I'd cut

Fuel for the Cause
Inexorable Tide

and maybe Tezzeret's Gambit, although that card is a little better than the other profilerate cards.

You might also want to run stuff like Momentous Fall and Life's Legacy to take advantage of your massive creatures. And you could run Heroic Intervention to protect your board when people inevitably tries to wipe it
>>
File: 173829486749.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
173829486749.png
142KB, 415x367px
>yfw the commander set comes with snow basic lands
>>
>>54640022
Solemn Simulacrum, Knight of the White Orchid, Kor Cartographer, Burnished Hart, and even Sun Titan with fetches are all creatures that help you ramp. Also Tithe, Land Tax, and Eternal Dragon are good ways to make sure you hit your land drops.
>>
>>54640132
Actually Pathbreaker Ibex might not be that good, maybe run Rancor instead since you'll only really have one really huge fatty out
>>
>>54639826
Oh, and Murkfiend Liege, seeing as they banned Prophet of Kruphix. But it was busted to be fair.
>>
>>54640143
Why would it? Snow-covered is a shitty parasitic mechanic that WotC wants to ignore.
>>
>>54640143
I'd take full art basics before snow basics every day.
>>
>>54640085
im heavy on white so pearl would be good, already have caged sun but gauntlet would be a nice addition, just worried about getting to 5 mana at this point though

>>54640121
not a fan of creature ramp but dreamscape might work. my only problem is i have nothing that gets land back from the graveyard and no real graveyard synergizes

>>54640147
knight of the white orchid is going in i think, thats pretty decent plus it gives me a blocker early which is important in my meta
>>
>>54640205
Run artifact tutors. Fabricate, Trinket/Trophy Mage, Whir of Invention.
>>
>>54639819
While you're right, they don't interact with Savra at all, unless you're sporting Darkest Hour.
>>54639449
I don't think there's anything mindblowing come out in the recent years for the colours, but Ophiomancer and the flip vampire from innistrad are pretty good. Seems like most of the recent good token generators are white.
>>
What do you guys do when work is slow, you won't get to play in 2 weeks and have stuff to come in the mail?
Alternatively, does anyone else suffer heavily from anxiety and can't take many pills due to too many side effects?
>>
>>54640198
If you're talking about the zendikar/bfz and so lands, they're piss ugly. Un-lands are mostly nice.
Zedikar full arts were cute at first, but now that they're all over the place, even the bland white-border plains look pretty.
Worst of all, everyone wants to use those stupid cereal bowl islands
>>
>>54639285

It's gay now, no thanks.

>>54640314

If anxiety is stronger than side effects then willingness is really wanting to be a "good boy" to be fawned over.
>>
File: 11.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>54640355

Preech it.
>>
>>54640314
I usually get together with some schmucks on cockatrice and play a Voltron deck, and no, but I haven't gotten my prescription refilled even though I've been out for a week.
>>
>>54640314
I can't play with anyone due to being on the ends of the earth and not wanting to play competitive, so you at least get some gaming.

I don't take any pills, so I got that going for me.
>>
>>54640132
Not even when proliferating planeswaker counters or charge counters?
>>
>>54639206
>Which Commander 2017 deck are you excited for
grixis wizards
>and why is it grixis wizards
because dragons suck, cats are a meme and the vamp deck has already been claimed
that and the grixis wizards deck is going to the be the most powerful of the bunch all but guaranteed
>>
File: 1484839058250.jpg (64KB, 642x804px) Image search: [Google]
1484839058250.jpg
64KB, 642x804px
>>54639483
Not the hero we deserved
but the hero we needed right now
>>
I've built red ashling , mizzix, and shu yun so far. Wanna build something with a different playstyle, what do you guys recommend?
>>
>>54640471
It's at its absolutely most useful when used with planeswalkers, the problem with that is planeswalkers make up like 3 or 4 cards out of 100 at the most and aside from that it's not hugely impactful for the cost that usually comes attached to it
>>
>>54640509
Titania
>>
>>54640509
GAAIV, Teeg, or Hokori
>>
>>54640509
I'd try something with reanimate, Hepatra or Naya fatties.
>>
>>54640509
time to play ramp
green land ramp
black swamps matter
mono blue artifacts
>>
File: swamp-apac-blue-13204-medium.jpg (59KB, 281x401px) Image search: [Google]
swamp-apac-blue-13204-medium.jpg
59KB, 281x401px
>>54640397
One of my friends has a bunch of the "japanese graveyard" swamps in his toshiro and they're cool as hell. My favorite is the sunflower plains or the one with a windmill and tulips
>>
File: 21650_200w.jpg (18KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
21650_200w.jpg
18KB, 200x285px
>>54640642
me too anon, me too.
>>
>>54639206
>Which Commander 2017 deck are you excited for and why is it Grixis Wizards?

None of them. I am least disappointed in vampire but even still its only a meh deck in my eyes. Might end up skipping this years set based on what we know so far honestly. Hopefully the other legends in the decks will at least be interesting and I can buy those singles.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>>54639449
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
From Under the Floorboards if you can discard it.
Dread Summons
There's a few more zombie generating ones I can't remember off the top of my head.
Depending on how long you've been gone you might also need to grab fleshbag marauder 2.
>>
File: 1489610938764.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1489610938764.png
5KB, 225x225px
>>54640397
>>54640642
>>54640654
>really like the apac and euro lands
>one comes with text
>other with only a symbol

Why am I this autistic?
>>
>>54640509
Gitrog monster or brago
>>
>>54640314
Brew up deck ideas. Thinking of throwing together a Selvala death and staxes. I used to have bad anxiety and used to take pills.

Everyone's different, I kicked the pills and found outlets that work for me. Been feeling much healthier since, but that might not be as easy for you.
>>
>>54640730
You want to share the decklists for us?
>>
>>54639206
desu im pretty excited about all but wizards. Ive already got a banging Grixis deck.
Problem is though I was going to build a Xenagos deck but it seems like the Cat King might do what he does better.
>>
must haves for Mogis stax?
Things that punish for using lands (price of glory) but no MLD
Winter Orb, edict or choice punishment effects
Damage doublers, etc. Taking suggestions.
>>
>>54640775
>Cat King might do what he does better

Xenagos lets you play actually good creatures. Cat King's basically Lost Leonin memes at best.
>>
>>54640795
>must haves for Mogis stax?
a better commander
desu
hes just very impactful in edh
>>
>>54640815
ok thanks, but I still would like suggestions
>>
>>54640815
not*
>>
>>54640758
My problem with brewing is that if I test it enough I'll end up buying the deck later and I'm already sitting at 9 decks, the last one finished only last month.
But yeah, I have some outlets that work well enough, except I can't do them at work. This slow season here really bores me to death.
>>
>>54640795
I assume you play enchantments mostly? I used Leyline of Punishment and others that say that players can't gain life, and I think that Bloodchief ascension is good, as is Oppression or Painful Quandry. For lands, there's also Polluted Bonds, but it's usually too expensive and people have done ramping the time you get it out.
>>
File: Image (17).jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (17).jpg
38KB, 223x310px
Are they ever going to unban this fucking thing?
>>
>>54640795
>$T4KS
>no mld
>mogis
I think you might be thinking of punisher or group slug
this is not ever going to be a stax deck

maybe this will help you
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-of-edh-staxgroup-slug-cards/
>>
>>54640895
Well, Hulk came off the List so clearly anything's got a shot.
>>
>>54640895
>Zero Interaction Win: The Card
no
the problem with it is not that its effect is OP its that there is no window to respond once it starts
>>
>>54640924
ah yes, Punisher is probably more what I meant.
Thanks for the list, I'll check it out.

>>54640855
all added!
>>
>>54640944
Rise of the Dark Realms literally does the same thing but better unless you are only using Nightmare once per turn.
>>
>>54640895
I don't think it would be too much of an issue. If people see bombs in your gy and aren't scrambling to tutor up their Scoozes, RiP, Relics and Spellbombs something is already wrong. If anything it would encourage more players to play additional graveyard hate, I'm sick of always being the one who has to deal with it.
>>
>>54640957
>Rise of the Dark Realms literally does the same thing but better
>sun titanable enchantment
>can wait around until its time to go off
>costs 6 less mana
>cant loop like RN
yeah soooo much better
>>
>>54641000
>>sun titanable enchantment
Literally fucking irrelevant, why are you letting Nightmare hit your graveyard?
>>can wait around until its time to go off
Still costs 3 mana each time.
>>costs 6 less mana
Yeah for the FIRST TIME
>>cant loop like RN
It doesn't need to fucking loop because you reborn EVERYTHING you stupid pavement ape.
>>
>>54640944
>>Zero Interaction Win: The Card
Counterspell.
>>
>>54640953
If you are looking for any kind of discard, Waste Not is definitely great and Mindslicer is great as well, it's personal favorite. If you keep the creature count low, Aether Flash is magnificent
>>
>>54641057
>use Rise
>"okay, here's a wipe"
>>
>>54641089
>Moving the goalposts
>>
>>54641057
>>54641068
>lol Rise is better than Nightmare
>counter them both
>recur Nightmare
Wow Rise is so good.
>>
>>54641101
Learn the definition of terms before applying them.
>>
I can't commit myself to finishing a cardboard deck, so help me out guys, since my brain ain't work no more.

My LGS is Meren, Meren, Meren, Rashmi, Kambal, Prossh, Sidri, Brago, Phenax, Saffi, Ezuri 2.0, Atraxa, Saskia to name a few. Felt it was important, since people pretty much have a single deck that doesn't change often.

Over the course of a year I've tried a bunch of stuff, but the experiences differed quite a bit playing in person, rather than online. There were good times when I managed to close the game against combined forces and extremely frustrating non-games, when I couldn't make any noticeable plays in an hour or two. Though I managed to bring some untested durdly decks I've assembled the day before and be in last 3 people standing or even claiming a victory due to people forgetting I exist. My group tends to dislike complicated comboing, often going "yeah, whatever" and shuffling up when stormcount reaches 10 or permanents start pouring on the board. On the other hand, I don't care much for games when somebody drops his pieces t4-5. Winning with non-infinite combat or commander damage in a 6+ man pod seems unlikely, as well as complete reactive control of the game, so I don't even know where to start
>>
>>54641359
Anafenza bears can utterly hose 4 of those decks and ruin a few more no trouble.
>>
Currently I'm running a jeskai zombie deck with narset as my commander, also in the process of building a mono blue arcane deck with a few commanders to choose from, and tweaking a femur partner using ludvic and throsias
>>
>>54640355
>stupid cereal bowl islands
God I thought I was alone in hating that art hallelujah

I really like some of the full arts but the other half are pretty bleh all things considering.
>>
>>54640895
Why should they? So we can have even more gay Sultai infinite combos?
>>
>>54641401
ya it's going to piss off the meren players, which will then proceed to beast within your lands for the next 2 hours

i don't think a hatebear strategy ever actually wins multiplayer games, it just makes people take you out first

>>54641359
i'd honestly just pick a consistent, strong and goodstuffy archetype that can answer threats and win games, and that can be a lot of things. going full silver bullet against your meta isn't really a good idea. you mentioned that one of your opponents play rashmi, but rashmi is probably the deck i'd play against those guys. or something similar.

in my experience, the trick to winning in a table with multiple tryhard decks is using politics to pit the tryhard decks against one another other while shutting down insta win combos. then when the time is right, you can just cast reins of power, insurrection, rite of replication etc. and kill the remaining weakened players. people will usually not hate you out for winning as long as you let them play their decks and enjoy feeling powerful first, a fun situational non-combo blowout is one of the more reasonable ways to win
>>
File: syphonmind.png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
syphonmind.png
148KB, 223x311px
What are some other monoblack cards like pic related? "Opponent discards and I draw", or at least cards that keep card parity for me while making opponents discard? I mean things that are the full package, not enablers like Geth's Grimoire and Waste Not.
>>
>That one guy who puts almost no thought into his decks and plays common generals
>Also boring in character

I'm not the only one who knows this type, right?
>>
>>54641551
you might be looking at how monoblack discard works the wrong way

first you cast mindslicer and kill it

then you pop your necropotence/greed/erebos and draw 7 cards
>>
>>54641070
i'd like to work with discard but my meta has a lot of reanimator decks, so i think for now I will shy away from it.
>>54640924
>>54640855

This is my pre-emptive list. Any recommendations on what to replace?
The goal is to punish players a lot of their actions
>>
>>54641526
Hatebears (and Stax for that matter) usually win multiplayer if they take the initiative and slow people down early so they don't have time to catch up. If you're playing Hatebears, you pretty much need to go whole hog. Too many times I see people with Hatebear decks slow the game down and never win because they think pelting someone for 6 every turn will eventually win them the game, especially if they aren't packing win-cons involving working towards an Infinite or a hard-lock combo.
>>
>>54641592
>This is my pre-emptive list.
4got link?
>>
>>54641592
>>54641612
oops my bad
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mogis-punishment-stax/
>>
>>54641607
the fact that you need to be ahead 3 other players with hatebears kind of makes it a shitty archetype for EDH. i mean you can build it if you don't mind spending a couple grand, but it's not really healthy or interesting for the meta, and it might start an arms race since people need to get ahead of you before you can get ahead of them

stax is basically the "do you have a mana crypt? no? well you lost" archetype so i don't think anyone should really play it unless their meta is already absolutely t1 tryhard
>>
>>54641401
I tried Teeg bears, which wasn't completely finished as well, but that gets me all the hate I ever wanted and more, while I wasn't threatening anyone with damage or else

>>54641526
Do you mean something like Tasigur? I don't really want to counter the meta and win 80% games, I just want something I would enjoy in most scenarios. I tried running gimmicky things like Gonti and Sygg that played other people's deck and it went quite good, denying people their combo pieces and even using them, as long as you don't come across some aggro thing with no irreplaceable parts, while being vulnerable to combat step. I would just play "people with silly hats tribal" if it wasn't so frustrating to draw into useless cards for five turns in a row. I'm not really keen on what goodstuff cards do I need to close out games while not becoming a dedicated combo deck, since they are all weak to one mechanic or the other.

>>54641551
Most of those effects are UB, which is fair enough
>>
>>54641576
I'm not making "monoblack discard" though, I'm making "monoblack draw fuckloads" and I need a second token discard spell for those badder times.
>>
>>54641559
No, you're not. I know this guy with an average Breya deck that is like a chore to play with, every turn of his is long and boring, not even threatening, considering the general of choice.
The highlight of my nights playing when he's on the table is vandalblasting his whole field.
>>
>>54641639
Seconding this guy.
>>
>>54641559
According to people's reactions, overthinking my deck construction every time is what makes me boring
>>
>>54641639
Light stax is okay and can even be fun to play against. I don't even mind Gaddock Teeg. It's hard locks with Stasis and Tangle Wire that piss me (and everyone else) off. And ironically enough, those decks are the ones that abuse Mana Crypt the most of all.
>>
File: Richard Sardinha - Craw Wurm.jpg (96KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
Richard Sardinha - Craw Wurm.jpg
96KB, 640x470px
>>54641697
>Stasis and Tangle Wire that piss me (and everyone else) off
>>
>>54641715
>haha I mulled into mana crypt game is over
Choke on a dick Brago, you pushed rule screwing whore
>>
>>54641727
>Choke on a dick Brago, nobody will ever get me to run interaction
>>
File: 135.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>54641727
>brago
>pushed
WHY DO I KEEP LOSING?!
>>
>>54641715
>shilling your kids' college fund for old cards that are also unobtainable in your immediate area
>forcing opponents to do the same or tell you to get fucked and leave
>now you all have overpriced banworthy garbo and its impact on the game is diminished
>when you could have a glorious craw wurm instead
Well done
>>
File: One Happy Meal Worth.png (168KB, 618x629px) Image search: [Google]
One Happy Meal Worth.png
168KB, 618x629px
>>54641757
>shilling your kids' college fund for old cards that are also unobtainable
if $7 breaks your bank you got more problems than just sucking at magic
>in your immediate area
this hasnt been a constraint since the Internet was invented
>>
>>54641757
What do you mean by "shilling"?

It doesn't mean "spending".
>>
>>54641797
Silly anon, it's not the stax pieces, its what allows you to win with these on board

>>54641805
shelling, I guess?
>>
>>54641840
>its what allows you to win with these on board
moving the goalpost
you dont NEED a mana crypt
plenty of rocks are under 2 bucks
you dont like it because you cant cope, not only that but you assume everyone else cant cope as well.
you are bad
you could get better
but you decide to bitch instead
>>
>>54641857
Using stax suite without maximum quality cards doesn't work, you are shooting yourself in the foot. That's why pieces weren't banned in eternal, but mana sources and everything else were.
>but you decide to bitch instead
Indeed
>>
>>54641646
>Do you mean something like Tasigur

sure, why not. tasigur is really strong in a subtle way on top of being a great political commander. just shut down those combos and try to end up in a 1v1, which you should be able to dominate since you're playing BUG control in the lategame

>>54641740
>interact with me
>when you're 2 mana behind
>oh and you can't untap more than 1 land
>oh and remember to tap at least 4 permanents on your upkeep step

why do people who have the most uninteractive decks (like brago stax) demand tons of interaction to be played against them to counter them
>>
>>54641857
>you dont NEED a mana crypt

what the heck

if someone in your pod is playing mana crypt, there is absolutely no better way to modify your deck to catch up other than playing mana crypt yourself. it's most likely the absolute strongest card in EDH at the moment.
>>
>>54639206
I'm not a clever man, and I prefer straight forward overwhelming offense. What's a good general for me?
>>
>>54641990
This
>rocks that ramp you 1 free mana for nothing are banned because hurr power 9
>somehow a rock that ramps you 2 free mana for a drawback that might not even exist is fine and dandy
>>
>>54642012
Not Gruul? Then die!
>>
>>54641990
>the average /tg/ poster is so stupid that they dont even bother reading the conversation
the idea was that mana crypt was necessary to break parity with stax effects out
this is not the case
it no longer costs $4k to make $t4ks.
>>
>>54642012
Xenagos.
>>
>>54641932
>Using stax suite without maximum quality cards doesn't work
you are literally retarded if you think this
>>
>>54642070
>>54642085
Man, present me with budget stax list that actually works and sincere praise is assured
>>
>>54642070
>the idea was that mana crypt was necessary to break parity with stax effects out
This works both ways bruh, and gives your Teferi pal and his Tezzeret breh a free two extra mana card to untap while you're bound, helpless and getting fisted in the ass.
>>
>>54642012
Xenagos, Angrynath, Mayael.
>>
>>54640746
APAC were made before EURO so that's why.

Also Kudos to Scryfall for having the locations of the lands as Flavor text.

American Lands when?
>>
>>54642117
ok will post it after work
I can easily take my g/w stax deck and bring it down to a reasonable price
its only 600 bucks right now im sure i can get it down to 400 or less
>>
File: flash.png (272KB, 314x340px) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
272KB, 314x340px
>>54641646
>>54641966
oh and some other stuff to mention

if you're playing control in EDH then you have to sort of play like you're playing group hug, if that makes any sense. you're there to enable fun things to happen while stopping the unfun things like combos and stax. you shouldn't try to shut down people completely, because that will make them dislike you, and therefore focus you in this game or the next. there is absolutely nothing that will make me hate a player more in a pod than them countering my Read the Bones for no reason other than "idk nothing else to counter". it's honestly usually better to not use a counter on an opponent if they are not the current archenemy. by keeping weaker opponents relevant, you are giving your stronger opponents more things to worry about, which means less aggro on you.

control is honestly one of the more challenging and interesting ways to play EDH. i used to be real big into aggro or going for wincons, but nowadays i most enjoy playing table police.

you shouldn't worry too much about wincons. my only advice is not to use stuff that wins you the game out of nowhere because they tend to make your deck unpredictable and a threat on the board. i rarely get focused down because my opponents know that i don't really do much when left to reign freely, besides police the table, which usually isn't a bad thing for them unless they're the archenemy themselves. even something like avenger of zendikar is usually enough to close games when you're in the endgame as control, because your opponent will be too exhausted to deal with it if you played your cards right
>>
>>54641621
bumping
>>
>>54642204
>if you're playing control in EDH then you have to sort of play like you're playing group hug, if that makes any sense. you're there to enable fun things to happen while stopping the unfun things
I have no duty or obligation to do any of those things
>>
>>54642240
Neither does your playgroup have any duty or obligation to not hate you out of your table.
>>
>>54642204
>control is honestly one of the more challenging and interesting ways to play EDH
4U
>>
>>54642240
you don't but if you're smart then you will

countering shit out of spite or because you're an edgelord is a good way to make everyone on the table kill you first. treating everyone as a 1v1 opponent in EDH simply doesn't work because you're fighting against 3 times as many resources.
>>
>>54641966
Sharuum goodstuff felt really bland, I wonder if he would be better. I don't know if he is widely regarded as a tryhard commander, but my group lets even the stuff like Azami slip.

A complex thing for me is letting stuff through that was initially intended to use against an archenemy, but later turns against me, when I might not have enough gas to deal with it.

I personally am trying to build non-infinite mill at the moment, that wits the bill partially, but is still quite noticeable for the opponents

What do you usually do in the early game? Just ramp, chill and wait for somebody to make greedy plays?
>>
>>54642283
>out of spite or because you're an edgelord
You know it's possible to play the game in a way that is just playing a game with the ultimate goal of winning, right? I think there might be some middleground between asshole and carebear that you keep stepping around. I'm not a fan of stax but you sound like a massive wet blanket
>>
>>54640085
>>54640022
Oath of lieges is another one, group huggy but if you really need the land it's an option.
>>
Who is the best commander for feeling like a supervillain? We're giving Archenemy EDH a try, and I want to crush everyone
>>
>>54642288
>>I personally am trying to build non-infinite mill at the moment

don't do it lad, just don't

>A complex thing for me is letting stuff through that was initially intended to use against an archenemy, but later turns against me, when I might not have enough gas to deal with it.

that's what board wipes and board resets are for. devastation tide, evacuation, cyclonic rift. punish your opponents for hitting you by bouncing their shit, and then counter the stuff when it comes back down if you know it'll be used against you.

BUG has an absolute fuckton of ways to get cards. the trick is to activate your draw at instant speed on the end step prior to your turn, like that's when you pop your fact or fictions, greeds, jace's intellects, etc. that way you can always have mana open on other people's turns, and then if there's nothing to counter, you can use your mana on draw. plus you have all the other engines like rhystic study and mystic remora that shit out cards.

in early game i just ramp for the first 2 turns or so, then carefully build a board or hold up mana for responses, depending on how fast my opponents are going. kind of depends on the situation whether you want to risk it and go full ham on your own board or try to disrupt someone else.

>You know it's possible to play the game in a way that is just playing a game with the ultimate goal of winning, right?

yeah, and the best way to win with control is to be a nice guy for the first 80% of the game, then a ruthless scumbag for the last 20%. you simply can't trade resources 1 for 1 with everyone early on, you will simply lose. you should only do the bare minimum of disruption to keep people from winning, while protecting yourself with fogs and removal.
>>
>>54642374
Memnarch combo bullshit is pretty good for that. The moment you hit infinite mana you will always have a way to win instantly because you've always got a tool to take control of every permanent on the field available to you
>>
File: Image.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
127KB, 223x311px
>>54642374
What's a better supervillain than someone created based on supervillains and who did nothing wrong? Also UG is such a combination that would let you abuse a lot of cards, making it viable as an archenemy deck.
>>
i meant to quote >>54642330 in this post >>54642405
>>
File: t80y.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
t80y.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54642374
You even have your doomsday clock.
>>
>>54642415
not the same anon as >>54642374 but playing him does get boring after tutoring for the same shit every time. I hope you enjoy shuffling.
>>
File: 26 (2).jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
26 (2).jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54640654

I like this one better, but many are super neat and not too expensive when you only need one and two dice.

Edh is great, imagine spending $1,300-2500 to "pimp out" a deck, HAR!
>>
File: 4.jpg (47KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
47KB, 312x445px
>>54642485

Oops, this one.
>>
Do you think that aggressive artifact destruction could be seen as a form of land destruction given how many rocks people run in this format? I mean like really making sure that no mana rocks stay on the field whatsoever, except maybe a couple of mine
>>
>>54642481
There's plenty of options for Vig, I just think that flavorwise he'd be a great archenemy, and you'll have to exert yourself to make a shitty deck on those colors.
>>
>>54642405
There is a certain taste of violating your opponent in the head or removing the notion of opposing you. It clearly doesn't work for animals and constructs. I also like dimir flavor, horrors and stealth, though it's clearly more suited for 1 on 1 personal interaction. Blue is something that really adds to black spellslinger, although instant infinite mills feel just as boring as any other infinite win

There's got to be balance between acting and reacting as early as building the deck

>>54642514
Not in the least, since there are dorks and there is no limit on how many rocks you can drop in a turn (using already dropped ones, no less)
>>
>>54642204
I understand your post, Anon, and I agree to a certain extent. Sadly you always run into idiots who will rush you just because you play islands and counterspells.
>>
File: IMG_1556.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1556.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF NAYA CARD DRAW
>>
Dumb rules question incoming:

>Attack with Alesha
>Master of Cruelties and Phyrexian Towe both out
>Sac Master to Tower, get BB
>reanimate Master, paying BB from Tower for Alesha's ability

Can I do this?
>>
>>54642189
>g/w stax
aka casual stax
That shit doesn't fly in high level metas
Not a gesture of disapproval, but that's not what that guy wanted
>>
>>54642601
Someone can correct me, but I believe you need a legal target as Alesha's ability enters the stack.

Given you are responding to the trigger you would need to pick a target already in your graveyard, which Master of cruelties is not.
>>
>>54642577
>not playing monoblack control
I hope you draw 5 counterspells a turn because I'm shitting mana and card advantage left and right
>>
>>54642641
Post decklist.
>>
>>54642601
Yep
Alesha's trigger goes on the stack, sacrifice master in response, sacrifice resolves and master is in graveyard, you've got the mana floating and you get to use her attack trigger that asks you if you do or do not want to pay for her ability
>>
>>54642641
I played a lot of monoblack control against Geist of Saint Traft, and even with the sac effects going through hexproof there was hardly anything I could do. Your card advantage kills you and mana is pretty much useless when you have to leave a lot open for mana leaks etc
>>
>>54642620
>That shit doesn't fly in high level metas
well i play cEDH vs the best decks in the format with that list so I'm just going to assume you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>54640775
Haste is a big deal.
>>
>>54642637
>>54642669
gA where are you when we need you
>>
>>54642680
What was your problem with Geist? They often go for a voltronish build, even the bog standard Gravepact is really painful for that.
>>
>>54642715
Gravepact, I barely had time for Fleshbag Marauders. Plus Traft doesn't tend to kill you creatures, only exile and bounce, and he gets through with unblockability. Broken planeswalkers, which even with needles are a problem. Vedalken shackles, etc. And there is little you can do to beat blue's card advantage.
>>
>>54642641
Lol, sure. To each their own. I played MBC myself, but it's too easily played around by any skilled group.

Regardless, his post applies to any form of control deck.

>>54642666
Basically the regular Chainer list. Any other just is not up to par.
>>
>>54642682
One, no you don't, anon. Two, bragging about being in a degenerate meta is stupid. I don't think you're stupid so you shouldn't do it. And three, the famous last words of "I'll post this decklist that supposedly solves the format for the respective color identity at a later time."

Come on now.
>>
>>54642698
First response was correct.

Once Alesha attacks she triggers, and once you have priority you have to put the trigger on the stack before you can do anything else.

Part of putting a triggered ability on the stack is picking legal targets. Once her ability is on the stack, you can respond to it by sacrificing via the tower, but its too late to pick MoC with Alesha's ability.

You would have to sacrifice MoC before alesha attacks, otherwise it's not legal target for alesha's ability.
>>
File: kagemaro_first_to_suffer.jpg (28KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
kagemaro_first_to_suffer.jpg
28KB, 210x300px
>>54642789
>Chainer
Nah I play hipster commanders
>>
File: 20161222_215841.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_215841.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>54642848
>mfw I just realized the other day that the cycle of kamigawa legendaries with the maro ability all have maro in their name
>>
>>54642907
>yfw they are actually valid names in japanese
>>
>>54642601
No.

Alesha's ability targets, so whatever you want to reanimate needs to be in the yard when you declare attackers as a special action at the beginning of the declare attackers step. As this happens before either player receives priority during that step, you can't activate the Phyrexian Tower to sac the Master and float mana. You have to sack the demon before then, which means the mana will have emptied out of your pool when the steps/phase change.
>>
>>54642820
>One, no you don't
yeah I do, I play on trice.
>Two, bragging about being in a degenerate meta is stupid.
no u
>solves the format
I didnt claim that
I just claimed that I have a deck that functions against high tier decks that utilizes stax pieces using a gw commander

get your damn head out of your ass.

this is the list I use to tune my own deck,

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-combostax/

though I havent updated it yet so I dont have a card for card version of it
>>
I wish there was a way to use information you get from looking into people's hands and libraries for politics, that would be UB as fuck
>>
How come Cradle is so expensive but cabal and Serra's Sanctum are relatively cheap?
>>
>>54642600
If you're running lots of fatties, there's plenty of creatures and enchantments that let you draw when a creature of 3 or 4 power etb/is cast, stuff like elemental bond or garruks packleader. Not sure on the more competitive cards cards since I'm a Blue guy
>>
>>54643010
Count the amount of decks and color combinations Cradle is good in and compare to coffers and sanctum
>>
>>54643010
Sanctum isn't an autoinclude in every deck and cabal coffers was an uncommon with a few reprints.
>>
>>54643010
>How come Cradle is so expensive but cabal and Serra's Sanctum are relatively cheap?
legacy elves
also powerlevel
thats why sanctum is not insane
thats why cradle is super expensive
thats why tolarian academy is banned
>>
Would Voice of Resurgence be decent for a Marath deck if I'm running a punch of token doublers?
>>
>>54641715
I used to think that the yellow part was its open mouth and that it looked really dopey.
>>
>>54643044
Cabal is an autoinclude thou. Sucks that im poor.
>>
>>54643010
Cradle is a lot easier to get value from than Sanctum, and Coffers has multiple printings. It doesn't hurt that Cradle sees play in Legacy Elves.

Well boys, what's the verdict. Did I make the classic monstrosity of a Breya deck? I avoided fast mana and infinites so I could try to avoid being archenemy every game.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-06-17-breya-edh/
>>
>>54643009
You can always play lantern control with Circu.
>>
File: 1461801248757.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461801248757.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw things like Urborg, grave titan, tutors, and other black staples are slowly on the rise but too busy buying other things to pick them up
>>
>>54643098
I probably would, but the amount of hurdles compared to just playing the game is incredible
>>
>>54643072
>Voice of Resurgence

Yes, for 2 mana, any sort of token deck should be running it if possible. Either acts a deterrent making your turns easier to play or wincon if you can protect it.
>>
>>54642848
>>54642789
>Not playing Toshiro Umezawa
>>
File: zurs_weirding.jpg (28KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
zurs_weirding.jpg
28KB, 210x300px
>>54643126
You could always just spoil info on decks to other players in exchange for favors. Alo have the spiciest of politics cards
>>54643153
>folds to token decks
>>
>>54639863

This is my favorite combo card
>>
>>54643173
Still runs wraths. Bile Blight and Consume the Meek are good for tokens.
>>
>>54643219
Bile Blight kills your Toshi too.
>>
File: 23 (1).jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
23 (1).jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54642848

> not a blue control "I dictate the pace" deck

K.

>>54642907

Aha, I called him a pussy today for not bringing back supertype world.
>>
>>54643219
>>54643240
I meant the other one
>>
>>54643240
If he's on the board, sure. But I am confident he would gladly die to wipe a token army, for the greater good. I thought we were talking about hipster generals, anyways. Toshi is fun, and this is a casual format after all.
>>
>>54643259
I love this deck
its my tuned deck, inf mana is soooo easy to get and win with
>>
>>54643350
Post list?
>>
Does anyone have any good wincons for Zur astral slide? The ones I play at the moment are approach of the second sun and magister sphinx.
>>
Whats a commander that no two games are the same?
>>
File: deb1a470706aacaf9e1e3bb117bca60c.jpg (235KB, 756x1058px) Image search: [Google]
deb1a470706aacaf9e1e3bb117bca60c.jpg
235KB, 756x1058px
>>54643622
>Whats a commander that no two games are the same?
none
but your best luck is probably a lazzav deck or something to that effect
maybe pic related
he steals stuff too
>>
File: 1462127792456.png (111KB, 172x242px) Image search: [Google]
1462127792456.png
111KB, 172x242px
>>54643659
Why does that awful alter get posted here so much? Just to annoy me that much more every time I see it?
>>
>>54643659
Stop posting that
>>
>>54643622
Anything with stealing/spell snatching effects is good.
Or build something in colors with ass for tutors and heavily reliant on synergy, maybe something Boros.
>>
>>54643685
>>54643686
So jelly it should be illegal :)
>>
File: 25 (1).jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
25 (1).jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>54643350

I mono blue usually wasn't enough for me but lately I've found more interesting blue cards that given me pause.
>>
File: crash-through-61060-medium.jpg (33KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
crash-through-61060-medium.jpg
33KB, 243x348px
>>54642600
Cantrips!
>>
>>54643412
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ambassador-laquatus-2/
>>
>>54642600
Regal Force
>>
File: Black Fork .webm (996KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Black Fork .webm
996KB, 480x480px
>>54642600
>I NEED PICTURES
>PICTURES OF NAYA CARD DRAW
>>
>>54643851
I hate when people don't put explanations of decks because I'm a retard and can't figure out how shit works
>>
>>54642847
>>54642858
Not him, but seeing as I also have Alesha, I'm still confused with the responses. Both makes sense.
>>
>>54643851
The deck isnt even legal why did you post this
>>
How do I build le angry fish man?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sygg-nasty-3/
>>
>>54643878
Make infinite mana, kill people.
>>
how do I win the game with enchantments in naya colors? Using Gahiji
>>
Any tips for playing control in multiplayer? I wanna move away from creature smash face and play a bit different.
>>
>>54643918
Unblockable and Ninja tribal
>>
File: taigamojutaimaster (2).jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
taigamojutaimaster (2).jpg
43KB, 265x370px
due to him comboing with any deja vu effect and a extra turn card, is he the strongest Azorius commander
or even the second strongest?
>>
>>54643878
just wrote it up during break
sorry didnt have time
inf mana + commander = win
inf mana + bsz = draw deck into deck win with either many bsz off the top with future sight or with lab man
>>54643915
>not legal
what do you see thats not legal
all cards are edh legal and its a 99+1 card deck
>>
>>54644021
>is he the strongest Azorius commander
no brago and GAA are still leagues better
but I cant wait to brew him
>>
>>54644026
Theres a counterflux in there, I know its minor but still bugged me
>>
>>54644051
>counterflux
doh!
i must have clicked the wrong counter
>>
>>54644006
That's pretty much what i have, with some discard thrown in for good measure
>>
>>54643895
I will try to clear it up. Let me know if its still confusing.

When Alesha is declared an attacker, she triggers.

This trigger has to be put on the stack once you have priority, the first time you (the active player) has priority is right after you declare all your attackers.

Once you have priority, the very first thing you have to do is put alesha's trigger on the stack, this is after state based actions, but before you can do anything else. Part of putting her trigger on the stack is picking a legal target (a creature in your graveyard).

Once her trigger is on the stack, you (the active player) can now activate the tower to sacrifice MoC in response to the trigger entering the stack, BUT as you have already selected a target for Alesha, this won't let you bring back MoC

I can quote the rules if you need them, but that is about it.
>>
>>54643948
By playing Uril, making the enchantments auras, and smacking people in the face.
>>
File: 1501023631438.gif (3MB, 332x309px) Image search: [Google]
1501023631438.gif
3MB, 332x309px
>>54644050
i own brago but it was too strong, so im building him since i have alot of the cards and mana base
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/710487#paper
brago was way to strong for my groop, but none of my other decks come close to being able to win against there top decks
im hoping this fun spell slinger fills that gap

that being said my brew may need more mana rocks
>>
File: ancestral.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ancestral.png
132KB, 223x311px
>>54643948
>>
File: 234[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
234[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
I hope they print a new WB Legend in the Vampires, but I get the feeling they're just going to reprint Vish Kal.
>>
>>54644143
Theres only 56 new cards throughout the 4 commander decks, so you're probably right with the average of 14 new cards per deck (roughly)
>>
>>54644104
That's quite clearer. Thanks for taking your time, anon.
>>
>>54643948
Xenagos, Iroas, Karametra.
>>
File: 1343013298572.jpg (116KB, 819x630px) Image search: [Google]
1343013298572.jpg
116KB, 819x630px
>>54639483
fuck off faggot nobody wants your shitty faggot, reddit tier server on the general, go whore your diseased cock elsewhere
>>
File: 1492438293526.jpg (85KB, 1065x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492438293526.jpg
85KB, 1065x800px
>>54643659
>4UUB
The small things really add up to bad quality.
>>
>>54644247
stop replying to yourself
>>
>>54644169
>with the average of 14 new cards per deck

A few of those will be new cards that are shared between all the decks, like how Ash Barrens, Commander's Sphere, or Thought Vessel were.
>>
>>54644143
There's a WB Vamp Knight coming up in Ixalan. It's got life shenanigans too
>>
File: download.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 225x225px
Discovering my disdain for all colors of mana, what are some fun colorless commanders? I currently just have access to newlamog and new kozilek (and Bosh if you count him) but am willing to branch out.
>>
>>54644284
Speaking of Ash Barrens, can someone explain to a dumb anon why the fuck is that card the price it is?
>>
So here's a question. If the new Emrakul let's you take control of a player why can't you have that player say "I quit" if you're controlling them?
>>
>>54644307
The new Kozilek is by far the best one, since it solves the huge colorless issue of card draw on its own.
Also gives you a control element. Instand speed tutors are great in Kozilek (Like Inventor's Fair) since you can always tutor for a counterspell if needed.
>>
>>54644307
Bosh would be a red commander, though. Newzilek can be pretty fun.
>>
>>54644315
714.6. The controller of another player can’t make that player concede.
>>
>>54644315
You take control of a player's turn, not the player, you dunce. Mindslaver is 14 years old and you keep repeating the same trite questions.
>>
>>54644307
The Great Distortion is the best of the Eldrazi, so don't worry there. Hope of Ghirapur is the least similar to any of the others, but it's mostly just "What if Isamaru had Flying?". Karn is the one best poised for shenanigans.
>>
File: Image (5).png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (5).png
136KB, 223x311px
>>54644307
>what are some fun colorless commanders?
idk how easy it is to build around but I love this guy, I put him in a lot of decks as just a generically decent card
>>
>>54644301
sauce
>>
What are the Guilds that hit all the necessities of EDH
>Card Draw, Ramp, Every-type Permanent Removal

All I can think of is Golgari and Simic,
>>
>>54644397
Edh is U/G/x the format
>>
>>54644315
Conceding the game isn't a game action the same way casting a spell or attacking with a creature is.
>>
>>54644397
Azorius is the goat
literally nothing it cant do
>>
>>54644397
Selesnya
>>
>>54644397
Dimir, because it can't do anything back in their hand.
>>
>>54644314
It's printed as a common, sure, but functionally, it's much rarer than actual commons. It's part of a limited print run you can only get from buying an entire $35 deck.
>>
>>54644358
voltron?
>>
>>54644467
Whats the point of rarity in commander sets anyway?
>>
>>54643072
I've been saying that Voice should be a Marath staple for a while now but people always bring up that you should run it in decks that can bring it back but almost every EDH deck with white should be running Sun Titan so I think it's great for Marath if not a staple.
>>
>>54644477
cube?
they arent legal in pauper are they?
also because having gold cards in your deck makes people with bad card assessment feel better about their decks
>>
>>54644477
pauper maybe
>>
>>54644397
Orzhov is pretty far up too. It's got things like Crypt Ghast for ramp, all the best Black draw effects, and BW removal is second to none.
>>
File: pursgvgbnx3z.jpg (16KB, 59x77px) Image search: [Google]
pursgvgbnx3z.jpg
16KB, 59x77px
>>54644396
Not him, and I don't have CSI tier enhancement.
But you can see here that it's probably a Legendary Creature - Vampire Knight with Vigilance and Lifelink. Probably.
>>
>>54644477
iirc its also used to show distribution of new cards throughout the precons.

Common: will show up in all the precon decks
Uncommon: will show up in a few of the precon
Rare/Mythic will show up once
>>
>>54644477
That's easy. The ones that are Common are printed in every deck that series.

Just look
Command Tower
Opal Palace
Commander's Sphere
Thought Vessel
Ash Barren

All common.
>>
>>54641359
Marduchesa ,Alesha Hatebear, Anafenza Hatebears. My favorite strategy is to constantly reset the board and eek out advantage long term with cheap efficient creatures and tax effects.

As some one else said you could always do Zedruu/Edric/Gay Kings politics and steal some one else's win-con after they've mopped up the floor with everyone else.
>>
>>54644467
Makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>54644307
Hope of Ghirapur voltron, it's fun but pretty fragile to shit like Vandalblast
>>
Where do you guys buy your cards? TCG has some ridiculus prices compared to the european counterpart.
>>
File: pursgvgbnx3z.jpg (104KB, 345x450px) Image search: [Google]
pursgvgbnx3z.jpg
104KB, 345x450px
>>54644509
>>54644396
Sorry, I sent the tiny shit version, here's the big shit.
>>
>>54644596
I mean... that doesn't really help the quality but thanks
>>
File: 65273-commander2013naturebeast.jpg (171KB, 544x751px) Image search: [Google]
65273-commander2013naturebeast.jpg
171KB, 544x751px
Bought this for my friend's birthday as his first commander deck. It lacks card draw, but seems versatile and fun. Did I dun goofed?
>>
>>54644619
Yeah, it's just so you don't need to keep zooming into pixels the size of your thumb.
>>
>>54644596
Looks like it has something like "W, Pay 1 life:" for the cost of its ability.
>>
>>54644634

That year the decks were all trash but the commanders were broken as fuck
>>
>>54644593
I'm European, so lucky me. Nothing but Magiccardmarket.
>>
>>54644634
As someone with edh decks reaching the double digits, I'd love to receive it as a gift. So you're probably making your friend quite happy.
>>
>>54644634
Nope. Marath is okay but not quite degenerate, with a few lines of upgrades if you want to build into Anime and her fatties or Gahiji Pillow Fort or Marath Combo.
>>
How do I spellslinger? I'd use U/R creatures that grow from instant and sorceries, but that would dilate the deck considerably. What are the winning moves? Do I run Jeleva or something else?
>>
>>54644707
>Marath is okay but not quite degenerate

The deck or general?
>>
>>54644782

You make a lot of mana then cast card draw spells, extra turns, forks, and fireballs
>>
>>54644807
The general can easily go out of control, it depends on how you build him.

It's not the deck for a guy afraid of infinite combos.
>>
>>54644879
How much mana are we talking here? And how many cards I'd need in my hand to start going off? The only ones I've seen that actually work use fuckton of draw 7s and net positive manarocks, and then finish with storm. I can't really afford these
>>
>>54644927
Much easier now with Paradox Engine.
>>
>>54642204

I remember playing with new friends and a guy with an infinite combo Azami deck and one of the new friends just laughs obnoxiously while playing his vanilla beaters and countering the most harmless plays. Nobody tried to stop the azami from going off except me.

>>54642577

This is also the worst. Half the time I'm not even running a ton of counters because they're not good for my decks (Sydri, Riku).
>>
>>54645005
Even easier with Isochron/Dramatic Reversal, but that's besides the point
>>
>>54644927

And all you Really need is to add 5-6 colorless artifacts like basalt monolith, vault, thran, hedron, alters and the like, deck dependent. Maybe throw in some Phyrexian too boot.

It's the cube, dummy, the void is more powerful that you could ever imagine! ELDRAZI ARE SUPREMEFORALLTIMEFOREVER!!!
>>
File: 2017-08-01_14.44.06.jpg (111KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-01_14.44.06.jpg
111KB, 1080x1080px
>>54645108

Oops. I should get some sleep but can't because I need to 'score' a point in a game of 8-ball.
>>
File: 148.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Why is this commander so underwhelming
on paper it seems so good
>>
when is the best time to buy commander series products? When they announce spoilers/card lists or is it better to preorder?
>>
>>54645524
because it's a 5 mana permanent for ramping, which doesn't even immediately ramp like gilded lotus or something. at 5 mana other people are playing threats and you'll still be setting up your ramp shenanigans
>>
>>54645570
I think unless they print something like TNN again it should be fine to wait on preordering until after the lists are shown. You should even be fine if you don't preorder because IIRC it took people a few weeks to realize that Atraxa and Meren were broken as far as precons go.
>>
What the fuck is mtgo. Do they really want money for virtuell cards?
>>
>>54645778
>I do not understand the concept of currency
Do people really want goods and services for pieces of paper?
>>
File: angkor-wat-towers.jpg (201KB, 1470x980px) Image search: [Google]
angkor-wat-towers.jpg
201KB, 1470x980px
>>54645846

Or ROCKS, people literally buy weathered stones and shit, with dirt on it like it's normal. Hil-larious.
>>
>>54645882
people also buy pieces of cardboard with ink on it
>>
>>54645524
how is she underwhelming?

She isn't competetive, but she is disgusting in a battlecruiser meta, as she has every land in her deck in play turn 6-7.
>>
>>54645944
Armageddon and no preators for you : ^)
>>
>>54645524
It costs 5 mana so what are you going to do, fill the deck with cheap creatures so that you can cast a bunch of them? If you do then you already cast them before you cast her. She is good for Selesnya ramp but Saffi is a better general.
>>
>>54645778
What is worth spending money on?
>>
>>54645524

I've had a lot of good success with her, when your removal spells (rec Sage, acidic slime, banisher priest) and draw spells (Regal force, Regal Behemoth) and recursion (greenwarden, e witness) also ramp you, things get pretty nutty on turn 6-7. In some metas there are people comboing off on turns 4-5 so she's not on that level, no. However, I've played with her against those kind of decks and you can compete if you get some clutch disruption off
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ramos-dragon-engine-competitive-combo/

I feel like this could use epic experiment and demonic consultation, and a little more draw power, what do i cut?
>>
File: 78839_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
78839_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
>>54640775
>>54640814
Can confirm. Xenagos is the king of gruul flavored fun.
>>
>>54642012
Borbygymos and 99 lands.
>>
>>54646148
Well that soothes my spirits a little.
I'm looking forward to flinging 40/40s at people.
>>
>>54644782
You play Dralnu, draw like crazy and play every black board wipe and blue mass bounce spell, then hit a critical mass of draw spells and Storm into a lethal Tendrils
>>
Marchesa or Alesha?
>>
>>54646247
you kill with malignus the second highest and then fling at highest
>>
>>54645981
Most playgroups dont allow MLD though, even if they should.
>>
File: Guy_Shouting.png (3KB, 195x198px) Image search: [Google]
Guy_Shouting.png
3KB, 195x198px
SHARD AND WEDGE GODS WHEN?
>>
>>54646411
Return to Theros in 2019
>>
did wizards say anything about partner commanders on cmd17?
>>
>>54646455
>not a Mayan/Aztec block.
>>
>>54646471
Wizards has said essentially nothing on C17 other than it'd be tribal and 4 of them. Everything we've gotten has been from leaks.
>>
>>54646500
ixalan doenst have any gods I doubt they would suddenly include them in rivals
>>
what's a good "do random shit" deck? vial smasher?
>>
File: 82246_200w.jpg (29KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
82246_200w.jpg
29KB, 200x285px
>>54646247
I reccomend malignus and chandras ignition. You dont even need to swing with malignus, just enter combat to trigger Xenagos. It's an outright win if they have no response.

Also things like Tornado elemental and the world render atarka for big evasive swings out of nowhere.

Pic related is some pretty awesome anti boardwipe blackmail.
>>
>>54646455
The way theros works, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Xenagos did a bunch of work to make himself a god, and once a god he was barely able to hold himself together.

I cant imagine shard/wedge goes popping out of nowhere.
>>
>>54644634
So can Marath produce infinite tokens as well as mana with the right cards? I'm building a deck around him and wondering if Mentor of the Meek can be used with him to draw a fuck ton of cards.
>>
>>54646579
Introduce the Titans. Only problem is that things like >>54646576 exist.
>>
>>54646520
The Japanese advertisement wasn't a leak, that was from wotc. Same with the banners.
>>
File: StarCityGames.jpg (25KB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
StarCityGames.jpg
25KB, 343x400px
>>54646520
I hope everyone has preorderd all 4, you know the one with the $20 chase rares wont be available soon as its spoiled
>>
File: Retribution of the Ancients_KTK.jpg (257KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Retribution of the Ancients_KTK.jpg
257KB, 672x936px
Why aren't there any reanimator effects that are based off of counters to use as a resource?
>>
>>54646665
Probably because you could abuse the shit out of it regardless of how they printed the ability

There are tons of ways to abuse counters
>>
>>54644021
Been testing him on xmage,
make no mistake, this guy is Narset 2.0
which essentially means he swings once and can loop inf. turns. What he makes up for the lack of hexproof he makes your sorceries, instants and Dragons (hardly relevant, but hey) uncounterable. Which I didn't realise how powerful that is until you realise Blue based decks can barely touch this guy.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>54646766
>>54646766
>>54646766
>>54646766
>>
>>54646665
Broken as shit with any creatures that come into play with counters.
>>
>>54646583

With doubling season + earth craft you can pay 1 to remove a counter from him and make 2 tokens, tap those for 2 mana, use 1 of it to put 2 counters on himself, use that counter to make 2 more tokens. Rinse and repeating netting 1 mana each time. Then you can use that mana to put infinite counters on himself and then use the counters to fireball everybody to death

Mentor of the meek can be a decent draw engine before you have infinite stuff. Skullclamp also works
>>
>>54646665
I'd argue that Mikaeus already fits that description.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.