[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ Warhammer Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 75

File: aosg.png (4MB, 1536x974px) Image search: [Google]
aosg.png
4MB, 1536x974px
Stormcast are cool edition

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:
>>54567510
>>
First for Skull Knight Settra
>>
How is this for a Norsca themed Khorne Viking List?

Allegiance: Khorne
Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer (80)
- General
Slaughterpriest (100)
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (120)
50 x Chaos Marauders (300)
- Axes & Shields
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)
- Javelin & Shield
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
- Mark of Chaos: None
2 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (200)
- Greatblade
2 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (200)
- Greatblade
Dark Feast (100)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
File: zPnJ9l6.jpg (214KB, 1280x1076px) Image search: [Google]
zPnJ9l6.jpg
214KB, 1280x1076px
>>54611658
>Stormcast are cool edition
You know what, they are cool. And I am not afraid to admit it. I actually do like their fluff and aesthetic.

I actually find them more interesting than Space Marines, and way more interesting then Primaris Marines.
>>
>>54611970
Shame they make for shitty trading partners for REAL cultures, such as that you will find in a glorious Barak.
>>
>>54611970
Mind giving me a quick green text summary?

They seem like Warhammer AoS/Fantasy space marines from what little I know. Small in number but hyper elite.
>>
>>54612143
They're basically Norse Einherjar who if they die get their souls sent back to Sigmar for another go but the magic used to make them gradually turns them into Space-magic robots.

A big part of the issue here is Stormcast very much enjoy keeping their humanity and becoming an effectively mindless Magic-Golem is something they want to avoid, so they don't try to die.
>>
>>54612143
Adding to>>54612228, they are chosen "warriors" plucked from battles they were doomed to lose.
I put warriors in quotations because it has been shown that some of the chosen were chosen because of the exceptional courage they showed. They could have been bakers or just average joes, but because of the sheer chutzpah they had in their doomed battles, Sigmar "saved" them.
>>
>>54612143
To go into their exact history is to go into the entire history of the mortal realms and AoS, so I will just skip to the important stuff. Starting with the mortal realms already being a thing, and Chaos is invading them. This is long long long LONG after end times of the old world
>mortal realms are a thing and chaos is invading them en masse
>humans, and some other races, of order valiantly fight againt chaos to hold it at bay, but it is delaying the inevitable
>sigmar starts snatching the souls of men and women who are bravely fighting against chaos right before their deaths. Usually these souls cry for sigmar's help in time of need, or ask for a way to seek vengeance of their defeat
>sigmar just does this constantly althroughout what is known as the age of chaos.
>sigmar takes all these souls and 'reforges' them with help from Grungni
>they are magically shattered and rebuilt, infused with lightning and become an anathema to chaos
>from the core of the old world, all that remained of it, sigmar mines the metal and forges weapons and armor. this metal is special because even the old world itself seeks vengeance for its destruction against chaos. it in of itself is also an anathema to chaos
>Each and every sould, these Stormcast Eternals retain most of their memories and individuality from before they were taken up and remade into the ultimate chaos fighting dudes
>At the dawn of the Age of Sigmar, sigmar uses lightning to transport, or cast down, these eternals to the mortal realms and wages war on the chaos occupation of the mortal realms.
>their goal is to retrieve relics of the age of myth (before chaos invaded en masse), secure realmgates (for ease of travel between the realms and link the still loyal factions), save the survivors of the tyrannical rule of chaos, reforge alliances with old powers, just fuck off chaos in general, etc.

cont.
>>
so layer paints can be used as a base still, right?

I'm painting some tzaangors, but "the fang" seems too dark, so I was going to Fenrisian Grey, then drakenhof/guilliman, then layer with Fenrisian again
>>
>>54612228
>>54612308
Other things worth noting:

1. Stormcast don't get a choice in becoming reforged. Sigmar decides they are worthy and they have no way to object to it
2. They don't remember their past lives
3. They don't even remember their past reforgings
4. Each time they are reforged they begin to develop more irregularities based on their lord celestant. Some stormcast became zealously aggressive, others became demure and sulken.
5. Each time they are reforged Nagash steals a part of their soul. Nagash believes he is the rightful owner of all deceased and is pissed that Sigmar is taking souls of humans
6. Stormcast know nothing but war. They do not know how to live aside from seeking and fighting chaos. They do not form cities, or build communities... it is an endless life of death and battle, and rebirth into the cycle. If Order ever truly defeats Chaos then the Stormcast will have no purpose, and that kind of knowledge can really fuck with people.
7. Relictors know the secrets of the reforging process. Other Stormcast regard them with suspicion and don't trust them.

We are in Act 2 of the Stormcast story and there are a lot of plot hooks for them to explore. Really excited to see how they develop.
>>
>>54611970

I'm with you. Thought they'd be stupid until getting the starter box to split with a buddy a year ago. Then building and painting while listening to the Mortarch of Night audiodrama really showed they're more than just faceless robotmen. Plus a few headswaps with older Empire kits or certain others makes all the difference in bringing them to life.
>>
File: punchy_stormcasts.jpg (93KB, 576x376px) Image search: [Google]
punchy_stormcasts.jpg
93KB, 576x376px
>>54612445
>They are magically enhanced super soldiers, but they are still mortal and die like mortals. But when they die, their soul (including weapons and armor usually) are sent back up to Azyr (sigmar's home) in a bolt of lightning.
>there the soul gets reforged again just so it can be sent back down
>there is a drawback, however of the reforgings. They begin to lose their memories and personalities and eventually with enough reforgings they essentially become mindless anti-chaos automatons or golems. Sometimes this makes them more effective against chaos, but sometimes not. All fear this fate because it is essentially 'death' to a stormcast eternal.
>there is also some cases where chaos has some relic or weapon that can stop a sould from returning to azyr to get reforged. And the resources back in azyr are finite, so sigmar may not be able to keep this up forever.
>each defeat for a stormcast eternal brings them closer to true death and mindlessness, as well as each defeat means chaos victory, loss of innocent life, loss of realmgates, and vital territory etc.
So take space marines, but remove the corruptibility nature of them, and instead of being taken as children to become space marines, replace it with a full grown adult who wants nothing but vengeance on chaos and the means to achieve it before being 'enhanced'

I just think they are pretty awesome.
>>
>>54612445

you forgot the part where Sigmar said "I got mine, fuck ya'll" and closed off Azyr, dooming an unimaginable amount of souls
>>
>>54612547
Yeah there is that. However he did so because he needed to. He knew if he didn't close the doors to Azyr, then chaos would have invaded and it would have suffered the exact same fate as the remaining 7 realms. He didn't like doing it, but in order to build his new weapon, the stormcast eternals, and keep snatching souls for it, he had to shut off his realm, unfortunately dooming those left there. But the mortal races are resilient, and while a lot fell to chaos or turned away from his support, some remained loyal.

It was a tough decision, but made sense. Sigmar was damned if he didn't, and damned because he did.
>>
My favourite thing about Stormcast:

Their armor and weapons disappear together with them to Azyr

Ironjawz like to wear the armor and bones of their defeated enemies. They respect the strength of the stormcast but cant wear them as a trophy because their stuff disappears when they die, so they paint their armor yellow and pretend its stormcast armor. This is why the default colour scheme is yellow.
>>
>>54612445
>>54612532
>a prepubescent child taken from their family, given extreme genetic modifications and surgical implants, indoctrinated into dogmatic belief in an intensely xenophobic empire/morality/religion, and spends every waking moment working towards becoming one of the deadliest, most remorseless killers in the galaxy for their entire lives
>still more well adjusted human beings than the Stormcast Eternals

Huh.
>>
>>54612547
To be fair, sigmar tried to rally the remaining order forces but after gorkamorka fucked off and he couldnt get to Nagash in time to help he decided the best thing to do was save at least 1 realm from chaos.

It was all fine when the gods worked together to fight chaos. Everything is the fault of the elf gods because they abandoned the pantheon to get their petty revenge on Slaneesh, which started the whole series of events.
>>
How do nurgle rotbringers counter ranged? Ally in toads?
>>
>>54612495
2) is objectively wrong, it differs from individual to individual.
3) see above
6) untrue. They don't get a say in it, but many of them do hope to see the end of the war and wish they'd be able to live with the human again.
7) Not true. They're regarded as knowing more than other, being shaman equivalent, but there is no distrust between them and other stormcast (unless it's on individual level due to other reasons)
>>
>>54612658
Stormcast eternals are not brash uncaring anti-chaos berzerkers, they still excersize tactical thinking and battle acumen. While waiting to be cast down from azyr to the battlefield, they constantly drill and work on their disciplines of war. The leaders are accomplished generals and inspiring leaders even before their reforging. Their chamber organization is often compared to space marine chapter organization.

They are well adjusted dudes, but different from space marines they have memories and feelings of their past life, and aren't corruptible
>>
>>54612143

Something to add that i don't know if a) everyone else missed this, b)they just forget it or c) im overthinking things. but another thing about the stormcast is that a couple of them were taken away by sigmar in the worst of times, actually ruining the 'heroes' people. The best example is in the book Warbeast when they reveal the reason why the two featured celestants were taken away.

>one was about to lead his people into a fight against skaven which was hinted that they could have won if the guy want spirited away.
>the other was taken just before he was about to give a speech about how they managed to war chaos away from this super advanced kingdom.

In short, Sigmar is also a giant prick.
>>
>>54611970
>I actually find them more interesting than Space Marines, and way more interesting then Primaris Marines
could the bar get any lower?
>>
>>54614061
Skaven?
>>
File: 1501167692441.png (3MB, 1333x854px) Image search: [Google]
1501167692441.png
3MB, 1333x854px
>>54612143
Sigmar is a whiney baby who undermined the entire war against chaos and refused to fight while everyone else died. Then he used his lightning magic to eternally enslave to his will the souls of the mightiest warriors and encase them in magic armor. His lightning slaves are bound to his will and die at his bidding only to be reincarnated to suffer the same fate over and over forever.

SC aren't the good guys in the setting, they're the villains.
>>
>>54614142
Careful not to cut yourself on that edge
>>
>>54614142
>SC aren't the good guys in the setting, they're the villains.
Even following your own logic own logic that would SC make victims and only Sigmar himself the villain.

It's true though that it's not the best deal. I wouldn't want to be an immortal with that kind of fine print attached.
>>
>>54614279
Sigmar can be a prick, he is a barbarian warrior good afterall, but he didn't see the age of chaos as an excuse to make the stormcast Eternals, he saw it as a necessity. He would have likely preferred to not make them, but his back was against the wall and he had to choice in face of a crumbling alliance and an unstoppable horde of destruction
>>
With a this stormcast chat, are they as openly broken in fluff as space marines are in 40k?

I can understand them mowing down hordes of norse barbarians but can a chaos warrior in the fluff go toe to toe with one?
>>
>>54614384
>warrior god
Fixed it for myself
>>
>>54614409
depends what kind of chaos warrior you're talking about. The old kind, no. The new kind, yes.
>>
File: empire_halberdier.png (112KB, 620x512px) Image search: [Google]
empire_halberdier.png
112KB, 620x512px
>>54611658
I just kinda bitter that the Stormcast have replaced the Empire/Freeguild as the protagonist faction. The Freeguild doesn't have much going for it now, since there's nothing they can really do better than anyone else.

>>54614409
I feel bad for the Chaos Warriors. They use to be the scariest things the setting. Now they're just some guys.
>>
File: davidstill-chaos-warrior-port.jpg (79KB, 798x700px) Image search: [Google]
davidstill-chaos-warrior-port.jpg
79KB, 798x700px
>>54614498
I mean these kind/ Slaves to Darkness. Stats they seem similar to the Khorne ones but wondered how they fair in fluff now.
>>
File: 1495343730500.png (166KB, 890x661px) Image search: [Google]
1495343730500.png
166KB, 890x661px
One of the main things I lked in old fantasy is that there was no blatantly OP race in the fluff. Like a Black orc or a skilled enough empire soldier could down a Chaos Warrior. Do Stormcast throw that out now and get 100:1 kill/death ratios or are they just "strong"?
>>
>>54614908
AOS is high fantasy, everything is overpowered
>>
>>54614951
So was old warhammer.
>>
>>54614983
No warhammer fantasy was fairly well grounded in reality

AOS has 8 planes of existence with molten silver rivers and trees made of bone, it is much more fantastical
>>
>>54611970
I like them but not enough that I'd want to swap WFB for them.
>>
>>54614983
Nah, old warhammer is dark and gritty swords and sorcery. AoS is a high fantasy, or epic fantasy. Chaos in the old warhammer was overpowered in the fluff and an inevitable end to all things. Empire, Dwarfs, Elves, etc were all underdogs fighting a losing battle.

But really it all boils down to your perceptions of things.
>>
>>54615030
Fair enough. I just don't think it's fair to compare them with what they replaced. I like to judge them on their own merits within the context of their own setting, and in that regard I find them pretty damn cool.
>>
Has AoS produced any decent novels yet? Kinda interested in the fluff but I don't want to just trawl through rulebooks/wikis.
>>
>>54614908
Stormcast are basically Chaos Chosen from fantasy, but with Order branding.

So yeah, a regular Chaos mook might be able to take one out, but it'd be a fluke or via overwhelming numbers.
>>
>>54615015
Just because there is a peasant who is covered in poop does not mean one should instantly writes off the setting as low/middle fantasy. A large amount of very fantastical things happen and it has an epic scale. It's high fantasy. Bretonnia as an entity is an example of very textbook high fantasy stuff. It subverts and parodies many tropes by adding a layer of grittiness to them, sure but grittiness does not stop high fantasy from being high fantasy. It's only grounded in reality if you have the kind of GM that likes to jack off over parties of level 1 rat catchers. Old warhammer had a giant, fleshy mouth in the ground.

Saying AoS is high fantasy (and warhammer isn't) because it is on a cosmic scale makes something like the Avengers high fantasy, which is technically correct but I'm sure that we can both agree that when people talk about high fantasy they don't mean something like the avengers.

>>54615040
Is right though. These are nebulous definitions in the first place and it's ultimately pretty pedantic for me to get on your case about it. It's just relevant when comparing the two to register that they are both high fantasy.
>>
>>54615066
Warbeast got nominated for an award. Havent read it yet, but it gets recommended among the aos community just about as much as eisenhord does among the 40k community.

Also city of secrets is a book about a witch hunter rooting out chaos in a human city. It's a book where stormcast eternals are not the main protagonists.

Another book is coming soon which is like a ragtag group of heroes on a quest from Grungni. No stormcast heroes
>>
>>54615141
AOS isnt just on a cosmic scale, its far more whimsical and fantastical.

It was rare for the common person in WHFB to see magic or dragons. In AOS these are extremely common things. Hammerhal is a city that exists in TWO DIMENSIONS and literal gods like Alarielle and Nagash are walking around with mortals

Its like comparing Warcraft 1 to Legion. Even though both have orcs and magic, it is very clear that one of them is far more grounded in reality and the other takes far more liberties.
>>
>>54615154
>it gets recommended among the aos community just about as much as eisenhord does among the 40k community.

That's pretty high praise if true. I don't rate Thorpe at Abnett's level as an author but I'll definately give that a read, the witch hunter books sounds good too, I wasn't aware there were 'civilian' areas to AoS, I thought it was all heavenly hosts and daemonic hordes wall-to-wall.
>>
File: nice.png (204KB, 338x462px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
204KB, 338x462px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/30/two-new-codexes-coming-next-week/

how frequently are battle-tomes released for AOS?
>>
>>54615091
Thats all I really needed to know. Thanks anon. At least the best of the Warriors, the Chosen, can still duke it out with stormcast in fluff. Means sc still arent SM tier as such.
>>
>>54614811
they're more comparable to elite battleline units, and their weapon options are more balanced than they were in 8th

unfortunately WoC/Slaves are overlooked because Tzeentch and Khorne have sweet rules/allegiance abilities

they're comparable to liberators basically, but an 8th edition WoC army would probably get smashed by a stormcast army because there's way more rare/special units used in AoS
>>
>>54615267
We got 3 in the first 3 months of the year

Probably going to get at least a Nurgle, Deathrattle, and maybe an elf battletome by the end of the year
>>
>>54615357
Thanks but to clarify I meant solely from a fluff perspective. Like...standard stormcast and chaos warrior meet. Both charge into each other.

Is it a curb stomp ala Space marine tactical squad member vs a gaurdsmen or more close like a space marine vs a chaos space marine?
>>
>>54615393
Stormcast were created to combat Chaos warriors. They're hopped up on Sigmarjuice in the same way Chaos warriors are on Chaos. They're comparable.

Depends on the level of the Chaos warrior really, since in Fantasy that varied from 'Norscan who was important enough to get plate armour' to the "proper" Chaos warriors who were gifted hell-forged plate by the Gods themselves and were essentially sealed inside and fused to it for the rest of their lives. Stormcast are the Order counter to the latter and outclass the former.
>>
File: 20170626_195229.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_195229.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Rate my stormcast
>>
>>54615463
I meant the hell forged armour variant. You know, the tin cans.
>>
How do nurgle rotbringers counter ranged? Ally in toads?
>>
>>54615524
Yeah, that's essentially a Spehs Muhreen vs Spikey Spehs Muhreen battle, but without the 10k+ years of experience for the spikey. They're evenly matched.

I know it was mainly butthurt over WFB being squatted that generated the memes but they really are just Space Marines: Fantasy Edition. They're big, they're brave, they can get into fisticuffs with 7ft tall Chaos dudes with a 50/50 chance of success and they're easy to paint.
>>
>>54615592
Solid. Cheers. Ya I got that impression but they seem tragic from the above posts. Bare concept same of elite warrior but some poor normal person's spirit stuffed in golden suits of armour.
>>
>>54615267
the GW marketing gorilla is full steam ahead on 40k

Age of Sigmar was a chance to revitalize dying WHFB sales, if the experiment failed they would have just scrapped the molds and been happy with it. The fact that AoS was an overwhelming success was a pleasant surprise.

With 40k GW isn't making any such gambles. 40k is the money maker, 40k is the breadwinner. In AoS's prime it was making up almost as much sales as 40k. There's no doubt in my mind that this massive space marine release has shattered any sales goals for any tabletop game except maybe magic because there's no point to magic except to buy more.

POINT IS: GW isn't playing nice with this 40k release, 40k means money and new books means model sales. They don't care about books unless books sell models. So you can bet your sweet ass that 40k Codexes are being shit out like no tomorrow while a lot of AoS is still using grand alliance books after 2 years.

Also notice that the 40k books are REQUIRED, none of this "download the rules online" bullshit.
>>
>>54615517
looks good for a simple tabletop mini.

You've also put a lot of effort into the base! Keep going and work on getting those edge highlights even more crisp.

Overall I rate it a 10/10 gaming piece and a 9/10 progression piece. For competition painting it's a 4/10.

Can't wait to see more of your army/collection
>>
Been wanting to get started with age of sigmar, Dwarves mostly.

But I don't like the look of those Fire dorf guys, so how are the dispossed?
>>
>>54615623
The worst part is they're aware of the horror of their reality, they can sometimes remember fragments of who they were before reforging and they can see their fellow stormcast degrading with each reforging. Each lost stormcast returns to them different. Death takes its price even from the undying.
>>
>>54615782
They have some great warmachines, great shooting, and some insane heavy infantry including some stout mother fuckers who ignore rend.

They're gruesomely good. Probably the best faction without a book currently (imo) and assuming you're doing things like taking skaven and mixing in new tzeentch/khorne stuff or whatever.
>>
>>54615836

So I don't have a lot of cash right now so if I could start with any unit what would it be?

I'm looking at the Ironbreakers right now, they seem pretty boss and their stats look good.
>>
>>54615214
Nah there are still mortal villages and goblin tribes and shit. It's just that GeeDubs is heavily promoting the HEAVEN VERSUS H E L L FIGHT!!! stuff. Gets more kiddos with disposable income.
>>
>>54615895
Ironbreakers are a tarpit. They are difficult to take down by most stuff, unless it dishes out mortal wounds.

My favorite untis to play with are irondrakes (shorter range than thunderers, but are tough and hit really hard), hammerers (like irondrakes, but melee), and longbeards (you must have at least 1 for battleline, the rest can be warriors. But longbeards actually buff shit for a battleline, theyre good).

In GHB2 you will be getting allegiance abilities which is exciting, but that means to take a cannon or organ gun or cogsmith, you will need to spend ally points on that.
>>
>>54615895
If you're short on funds the best way to enjoy warhammer is to buy one box, build one box, paint one box.

You won't exactly be jumping to the gaming table (unless you pickup skirmish) but it's a start.

Another option is calling up gaming stores, some brick and mortar stores still have battalion boxes for MSRP which are a great starting point.
>>
>>54616125
This. It's a hobby, and a labor of love. You will be spending more time on the hobby than gaming, so be sure it's an army you want to build collect and paint. But don't expect to get a 2k pts list in one go without spending hundreds. Take your time on it
>>
File: 1497331008960.png (687KB, 811x648px) Image search: [Google]
1497331008960.png
687KB, 811x648px
Going mega budget for AoS and looking at the Grotmob for skirmish. How does this sound for 50 Renown?

- Skrabgut Shroomboom / Grot Shaman
- 1 Troggoth
- 2 Wolf Riders
- 14 Grots

Also while I am aware the book is Gitmob and not Moonclan, assuming I make it clear I am using the Gitmob rules, would many mind me proxying the shaman and grots to their night gobbo variant?
>>
>>54616886
Why not use the moonclan grots? At least utilize their nets and stabbas. Your shaman should be focusing on either armoring the troggoth or buffing the wolf riders anyways.
>>
>>54617146
The moonclan grots arent listed in skirmish only the normal ones as its under Gitmob grots. Which in hindsight makes sense as fluff wise they hate to leave their caves.

Ta I got that. Troll/Trog is meant to be my hero buster or stormcast/chaos warrior beater. Wolf rider to harrass from range with shaman either buffing troll or blowing up units with magic.
>>
>>54617181
Uh... moonclan are listed in skirmish my guy. They are right under Death. Death only has the top fourth of that page.
>>
>>54617213
The Pdf or my phone is buggered. It had Grots but no header on the panel above, was just blank. Oops, thanks a bunch for pointing that out. Well, in that case that makes my life a lot easier.

Guess proxying the gobbo shammy with night gobby is pretty inconsequential then.

Cheers again bud. Hope getting pick up skirmish games is a thing in my lgs.
>>
>>54615154
Warbeast is good and one of the best AoS novels, but it is absolutely not this setting's Eisenhorn. So far I'd said the best AoS novels have been Lord of Undeath, Warbeast, and the Pestilens book. City of Secrets has a really great setting and offers a deeper look into the average person's life in the Mortal Realms, but the actual story really isn't that great.
>>
>>54615548
Hellcannon is your best bet. Chaos doesn't really have too many ranges options unless you're Skaven or Tzeentch.
>>
File: IMG_1066.jpg (91KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1066.jpg
91KB, 873x627px
>>54617302
Best of luck to you mate. Moonclan grots are exactly same price as gitmob. Remember, you get three nets for every twenty grots. Keep them close to that troggoth to make that big lug almost untouchable. Consider a Leadbelcher after a few games for "good" ranged attacks.

Good luck. Have fun.
>>
>>54617654
Thanks man. So does that mean with 14 grots, less I get 6 more I get 0 nets? Dont have ghb on hand as i was told to wait.

But ya that sounds like a solid plan. Will feel cool having the troll barge through units and tank hits.

Shamam and wolf pair pelt from range. Just pray I dont run into a gunline.
>>
>>54614717
>nothing they can really do better than anyone else.
Actually being manly and having moustaches, tanks and guns instead of sissy lightning magic.
>>
>>54615517
Decent. If you want to improve take a small brush and clean up your highlights a bit (this also has the bonus of making them look crisper and thinner) with your original layer or base colour.
>>
>>54617683
You can get the three nets in your 14. You just can't have more unless you hit 21.
>>
File: 1501464307084.jpg (101KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
1501464307084.jpg
101KB, 1024x937px
So if im reading the rules right, in the combat phase, if its my turn, both my opponents unit and my unit attack at the same time?

Or is it exclusively my units for my turn?
>>
>>54617911
you alternate making attacks for any unit who hasn't activated yet
>>
>>54617905
Goddamn thats great! My only worry now is if I encounter a chaos lord hero. Looking at his stats he can even kill my troll in one combat phase. I assume I just bomb him with arcane spell, troll puke and my archers but not sure if that would be enough.
>>
>>54617939
Ok so say my Unit A charges his Unit B in my turn.

Unit A attacks and wounds, then Unit B does the same straight after?

Like if my varangaurd charge a unit, do I get to roll first? If so if I wipe out his unit does he still get to retaliate with his own unit even though its dead?

Or how does it work?
>>
>>54617940
Best bet is hit him with Arcane Bolt and hope you roll three MWs then hit him with troll vomit. Have the troll and the nets charge him. He will have to divide his attentions but his attacks will be -1 to hit the grots and -2 against the big guy.
>>
>>54617980
If the unit is wiped out before their chance to attack, they do not get to retaliate unless they have a rule that says otherwise
>>
>>54617980
For what you're talking about, yes.

But you need to be aware that it's "I go, you go, I go, you go", so if you charge two units (Unit A and Unit B) into two separate enemy units (Unit C and Unit D, respectively) you'll get to attack with Unit A or B, but the one you choose to attack with second will be taking hits before it gets to swing. I mean, if your opponent has any sense.
>>
>>54618032
Cheers for the advice man. Now I just need to brush some dust off old gobbos.
>>
>>54617306

>actual story really isn't that great
That's coz it was written to coincide with the tzeentch release; ergo, it was partly just to show off tzeentch in the fluff, not the freeguild or the order of azyr.
>>
>>54617980

lets say you have units ABC, and your opponent has units XYZ and they're all within combat range

If it's your turn during your combat phase, you'd attack A to X, after that unit attacks, he could choose to either attack X to A, or maybe he wants to attack Y to B instead, or maybe Z to C, then you go back and forth attacking with units until every unit has attacked once.

Deciding which units to activate and when can put you at a tactical advantage, so make sure you're attacking their high-damage units before they get a change to attack with it
>>
>>54614409
The more high-levelled ones, yes.
>>
>>54614142
I didn't know Carnac played AoS
>>
>>54615757
AoS current edition is about to die, next edition is coming hopefully with a more balanced rule set and new units to armies that aren't SC.

Settra returns to reclaim the Realm of the death
>>
>>54618957
How big will settra's new chariot be?
>>
Thinking of making a seraphon army where my regular troops are all painted up as ghostly spirits while only the leaders are physical beings.
Thoughts? I haven't read too much of the new lizardmen fluff, but that's what came to my mind first.
>>
>>54618958
As big as the vampires chariot, with eight horses all of them bathe in gold, a chariot with golden and resplendent ornaments, with wheels made of fire and a golden skinned Settra conqueror of Death itself!
>>
>>54618958
The last we heard from him, he was just a head being talked to by some strange voices right?
>>
>>54617822
They're also much more heroic than the Stormcast. They don't have magic anti-Chaos armour and weapons, they're not supermen, and they don't respawn. When the Freeguild march out all they've got is their grit, determination, and regular-ass steel to fight the unending hordes of gibbering monstrosities trying to enslave/kill/rape everyone. And when they die they stay dead, but they go out and fight anyway knowing all too well they may not be coming back.
>>
>>54615015
Yeah the setting where the polar regions are hellholes with oceans of blood, and mountains made out of fingernails, the magical islands that move places, where a race of ratfolk can make anything they want with magic technology and so forth was really grounded.

Parts of the WHFB as a setting was grounded. And parts were totally over the top. That was one of the things that made it great, but the people who keep insisiting that WHFB is this mud and blood setting just have tunnel vision for the things they like.
>>
>>54611658
That's actually a pretty good bit of SC art, which is few and far between for GW.
>>
>>54619164
>when they die they stay dead
Unless sigmar gives them a hammering or five.
>>
>>54619376
That's not how the reforging works.
>>
>>54619164
In other words...

SC = Space Marines
Freeguild = IG

I like
>>
>>54619092
Naw, he got rebuilt by said voices, went to kill nagesh, backflip beheaded a bloodthirster, called names a bitch, and went off to kill the chaos God's for having the audacity to offer him shut in return for servitude
>>
>>54619262
and all of aos is over the top

its MORE fantastical
>>
File: waterloo.jpg (245KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
waterloo.jpg
245KB, 500x421px
So I was thinking of making a Freeguild using Napoleonic British Infantry models, using arm bits from the Fireforge box sets to make Freeguild Guards and Crossbowmen.

Would this fit the setting and what Realm would a Napoleonic based Freeguild Army come from?
>>
>>54621096
not sure the bits would go together that well, the medieval sleeves would look pretty goofy attached to a napoleonic jacket
>>
Some people mentioned the new generals handbook will change the rules. Are we talking radical overhaul to core rulesor just a change to faction bonuses,points and such?
>>
>>54621197
Mostly just rebalancing hoe things work, nothing too gargantuan, the biggest thing so far is hordes get cheaper as you but more
>>
>>54617338
Hellcannon over plagueclaw?
>>
>>54621205
Guess thats not too bad. Hope it comes out soon.
>>
File: 1499656404220.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499656404220.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
When Chaos goes to war in the deamonic realms, does Nurgle's diseases still effect other gods deamons and armies?

Also under what circumstances can a mortal champion be summoned to fight in the realm of chaos on behalf of their god?
>>
>>54621407
>When Chaos goes to war in the deamonic realms, does Nurgle's diseases still effect other gods deamons and armies?

Normally, no. But when Nurgle's power waxes high, his diseases can affect even daemons.

>Also under what circumstances can a mortal champion be summoned to fight in the realm of chaos on behalf of their god?

A lot of cirsumstances such as being summoned by a god to just travelling there in pilgrimage.
>>
>>54621096
It wouldn't look warhammer-y at all really. If you want something better just go get boxes of handgunners and use pistolier/outrider helmets.
>>
File: 1501218574158.jpg (20KB, 328x312px) Image search: [Google]
1501218574158.jpg
20KB, 328x312px
MFW Settra becomes the Anathema to Chaos through sheer spite
>>
Looks like that 40k terrain can be used in AOS too
>>
>>
File: 1501387110882.jpg (45KB, 514x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501387110882.jpg
45KB, 514x800px
Are there any solid rumors on whats next for AOS after this round of 40K releases?

Lots of people are posting on this site about tomb kings but that seems pretty retarded since the entire line was discontinued.

Maybe some Aelves?
>>
>>54614142
>chaos fags actually take time to write this
>>
>>54622141

Probably Nurgle, then Aelves of some kind based on missing allegiance stuff in GHB17

People are talking about a Deathrattle release, but it's just hearsay. I hope there is though, death needs a battletome.
>>
How would I go about creating a goblin army?
>>
>>54622141
Aelves seem likely due to GHB/model teasers. They have to be coming eventually, my guess is an expansion of the shadow aelves we saw in silver tower.
I'm hoping that an aelf release will tie into new Slaanesh stuff in the story, which will lead to new models.
>>
>>54622198
Obviously check out the gitmob section of destruction. Make sure to use plenty of wolf riders! They are superior to moon gits after all.
>>
File: 1498273599907.jpg (96KB, 321x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498273599907.jpg
96KB, 321x400px
>>54622369
>gitmob
>better than moonclan

What are you? Some kind of git?
>>
>>54622141
there were whispers about skaven later the year
>>
>A full-sized regiment of Clanrats, for example, is 40 points cheaper than before, allowing you to take full advantage of Strength in Numbers
Oh boi, 120 more points to use for me. Here comes the extra warlock engineer
>>
"There are two new Rules of One for matched play games. Firstly, the roll for priority at the beginning of each battle round cannot be modified or re-rolled – if you’re fishing for a double turn, you’re going to have to rely on good old fashioned luck to get it. Secondly, no artefact of power can be taken more than once in the same army and so if you’re using multiple artefacts, you’ll now have to be creative and branch out. With tonnes of new allegiance-specific artefacts available, this shouldn’t be too hard.

Some of the existing Rules of One have had a few adjustments as well. For example, as well as a roll of 1 always failing to hit or wound, a roll of a 6 will now always succeed. This means that no matter how huge, scary and tough your opponent may be, you’ve always got at least a slim chance to hurt them.*
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/31/balanced-diverse-fun-matched-play-in-the-generals-handbook-2017-july31gw-homepage-post-3/

>come back on friday to learn more

Fuck that
>>
>>54621646
>>54621657
Thanks but no thanks.
>>
>>54623437
Not being able to deploy in a corner will really hurt shooting armies.
>>
>two new rules of 1
>no rule about ability stacking

Oh boy stardrake continues to be cancer
>>
>>54623437
>Daughters of Khaine can now fill out their Battleline slots with Doomfire Warlocks

even if they do fulfill the battleline tax its still suicide to take a unit of five for 200 points. Here's hoping they actually put some effort into adjusting points for units in GHB2.
>>
>>54623624
the same article says point costs have been adjusted, so
>>
>>54623492
yeah but you always hit on a 6 now so even if 3 mournguls are attacking you at least you still have a *chance* to do something /sarcasm
>>
>>54614811
The warriors of chaos literal models dudes are pretty much exactly chaos versions of the stormcast rank and file liberators... so yes
>>
>>54623939
I'm SURE FW will make sensible point adjustments to reflect the power of their units! They always do that right?
>>
>>54619011
>bathed in gold
Does anyone else ever think about the whole "TK will get resurrected with perfect bodies of gold" thing and how similar that is to SCE?

It'd never happen but it'd be hilarious if there were SC who were actually TK.
>>
>>54625109
Series would never stoop so low as to serve another, he has spat in the face of 5 Gods to prove this
>>
>>54625158
Any good source for TK fluff summary?
>>
>>54625251
Lexicanum has the best one ive read, not sure about youtube, arch has an okayish one, but it's more centric around total war
>>
>>54625158
>he has spat in the face of 5 Gods
literally every elf ever already did this, yawn.
>>
How does the treelord ancients awakening the wood spell work? Played against Sylvaneth yesterday and she said that it shouldn't trigger the woods roused by magic since it practically rouses itself via that spell. Imo the roused by magic should happen since it dictates that each spell can cause it if the caster is within 6". Anyway we rolled for it and he won the roll, so we played without extra rousal.
>>
>>54625251
Yeah right here brah:
S Q U A T E D
Q
U
A
T
E
D
>>
File: welp.png (192KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
192KB, 400x300px
>>54626784
>she said
>he won
Please tell me you just mistyped and it's not some kind of xe bullshit
>>
>>54626784
it says spell

abilities are not spells
>>
>>54626970
Awakening the Wood is the TLA's personal spell. If you cast it while within 6" of a Wyldwood then you need to roll to see if it get Roused by Magic.

Bear in mind that AtW hits all enemy units within 3" of the Wyldwood, while RbM hits any non-Sylvaneth units within 1".
>>
File: a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg (83KB, 800x787px) Image search: [Google]
a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg
83KB, 800x787px
Is there a point of taking a unit of 40 clanrats if they are armed with blades? I have no spears for them and we play WYSIWYG
>>
File: 1416755428038.gif (9KB, 241x311px) Image search: [Google]
1416755428038.gif
9KB, 241x311px
Which army should I play if I want to run a lot of waifu material?
>inb4 Slaanesh
Nope, don't even try this
>>
>>54628317
all female aelves
sisters of the thorn
sisters of slaughter
sisters of the watch
sisters of twilight
witch aelves
sorceress on black dragon
>>
File: Vampire countress cosplay.jpg (74KB, 721x960px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire countress cosplay.jpg
74KB, 721x960px
>>54628317

Imo this anon already said the best option >>54628390

If they only released some sexy Lahmia vampiress models you could run an Death army based on them, with Neferata on the head
>>
File: 20170731_172611.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170731_172611.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Posting more acolytes
>>
>>54628558
They look pretty good
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 246x205px
Is this game ded yet, like the other one?
I mean srsly, GW won't support anything else asides from 40k nuMarines soon.
>>
File: rebelious.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
rebelious.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>54628633
>Talking about ded game when the release season is coming in few days
It's a shitty bait but at least you are bumping the thread
>>
>>54628558

Very nice anon
>>
File: 60040299067_PathtoGloryENG01.jpg (115KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
60040299067_PathtoGloryENG01.jpg
115KB, 920x950px
Can someone post a pdf version? I can not find a single android reader that is not fucking up the epub version
>>
>>54628317
Sisters of sigmar
>>
>>54614498

Huh? A unit of plain old school Chaos Warriors does fine against an equivalent unit of Liberators.
>>
>>54615548

Chaos Dwarf allies. 2 x Magma Cannon + Daemonsmith = 380pts. Lots of mortal wounds @ 24". Deathshriekers are cheaper, with longer range and no LOS required, but no mortal wounds.
>>
File: images~01.jpg (25KB, 315x365px) Image search: [Google]
images~01.jpg
25KB, 315x365px
>>54623624

MFW Slaanesh dudes are Battleline for Daughters of Khaine...
>>
File: 1456065065056.jpg (99KB, 900x483px) Image search: [Google]
1456065065056.jpg
99KB, 900x483px
>>54611658
Soon
>>
File: IMG_1022.png (125KB, 341x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1022.png
125KB, 341x344px
>>54621646
>>54621657
>GW's piss ugly alien trees are selling so poorly they made rules for them in AoS in hopes to break even on them

We don't want these shitty ugly things either
>>
>>54630153
They look fine as seraphon terrains imo
>>
>>54629867
I would personally buy every new tomb kings model until they fucking needed to restock if this is how it plays out
>>
>>54628954
Seconded
>>
>>54630153
It makes sense businesswise and gameplaywise to maximise the number of options for both game players. I guess that's why might be adding Glottkin to 40K.
>>
File: State_Trooper.png (539KB, 603x387px) Image search: [Google]
State_Trooper.png
539KB, 603x387px
BRING BACK FANTASY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What's this I hear about Monster of Chaos being both destruction and chaos grand alliance?

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2288#comment-3445311682
>>
>>54631900
Maybe if we all mass email G.W demanding it
>>
Does anyone know where I can find the Call Of Archaon Audiobook?
>>
>>54631900
there's nothing to bring back. it was a) dead and b) can still be played with the old rules.
>>
>>54631950
Maybe it was dead,but now,with Total War Warhammer,I know a lot of people that want it back.Maybe a new Fantasy,with codex for Catai,Nippon,etc.(samurais vs dragons)

I.DONT.WANT.TO.BUY.A.FUCKING.STORMARINE.
>>
File: gw.jpg (263KB, 998x666px) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
263KB, 998x666px
>>54628633
see this
>>
>>54632008
I know you are parodying the shitposters, but what makes it hilarious is that I've seen those very same arguments used time and time again.
>>
>>54632089
Age of Sigmar is not Grimdark.
Fantasy was great because they were some peasants against giant daemons or hordes of brutal orks.But with the help of science and faith they won the battles.

Now you have some super-ultra-mega warriors against hordes of another powerful warriors in a space realm.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (21KB, 318x463px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
21KB, 318x463px
>>54631911

Barely related: Gee, it'd be nice if Chaos Dwarfs got our hobgoblins back. Currently divorced due to mismatched Grand Alliances.
>>
>>54632161
No one said it's grimdark. And I honestly think the change of tone is good
>>
File: FacePalmMarine.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
FacePalmMarine.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
>>54632184
>change of tone is good
>>
>>54632179
It would be possible if they added some sort of slavery rules.
>>
Being long time out of WHF and getting into at AOS. Looking at Skirmish Slaves to Darkness, why are my potential numbers so low?

At 50 Renown I get

>1 Lord of Chaos
>6 Chaos Warriors
>1 Chaos Knight

Is this a decent warband? I have been out of the scene quite some time. I know Chaos were normally expensive and tough but how does this stack up?
>>
>>54632424
I'm pretty sure the lord of chaos can still explode into a Daemon prince or a spawn so that might be factored into the cost
>>
>>54632470
>still can transform in skirmish

Seems like a pretty big oversight
>>
>>54632542
Well I'm not 100% sure, and the daemon prince one only happens when he manages to kill the enemy general
>>
>>54632622
It has 0 notes on it so I assume it still stands. The Chaos spawn thing seems technically worse as keeping the general behind the warband to stop dp seems pretty simple.
>>
>>54632542
GW is all about crazy shit happening during games. I am pretty sure one becoming a prince or spawn is entirely inentional. It does not make sense at all from a balance perspective, but GW does not make games where the focus is entirely balance (thank god), but with a narrative flair, which it does make sense. Because chaos.
>>
>>54628390
Also 3/4 of the Glade Guard kit and 1/2 the Eternal Guard kit are female.
>>
>>54632666
Ya I get that but poor sod who is in the receiving end of that. While I know blisterpacks are dead, think buying the warband here would be worth it?>>54632424

Actually seems fun after looking over the GA book
>>
File: Awesome.gif (2MB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
Awesome.gif
2MB, 389x292px
>>54615517
>>
File: 99070219001_MistweaverShiah01.jpg (37KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99070219001_MistweaverShiah01.jpg
37KB, 600x620px
>>54628390

>Forgot the best female Aelf
>>
>>54626853
Mistyped, should've been she all the time.
>>54627118
Thanks! This solves the problem!
>>
File: 1497136591613.png (151KB, 680x780px) Image search: [Google]
1497136591613.png
151KB, 680x780px
I dont have the General's Handbook but looking at the Chaos Warscrolls, a sorcerer has the spell to summon a daemon prince.

Is it possible to just spam summon Daemon Princes till you get 1-3 or do they need to be paid for first as part of your army?
>>
>>54635088
Gotta pay for them
>>
File: IMG_6869.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6869.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Is MORTAL KHORNE any good? I've got the funds to do one of two things right now:

1. I could start 40k (been tempted to for a while)

2. I could start a fantasy themed khorne mortal army. Would have like a Ghorgon and shit. I've got one dude at my shop who did it with Tzeentch mortals months before the Tzeentch release. Has a giant with a helmet and a mouth and tongue (well made might I add) in its stomach. Each major model is a beautiful conversation with flaming birds spiraling around sorcerers. Theres also an anon who did something similar with slaanesh. Big inspiration from these and https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/army-showcase-andrews-blades-of-khorne-july22gw-homepage-post-3/
>>
File: 1497748959362.jpg (155KB, 856x934px) Image search: [Google]
1497748959362.jpg
155KB, 856x934px
>>54635926
Regardless of good or not, though I assume good as Chaos got a lot of love this edition, your heart seems set in AOS anyway.

Join your tzeentchian and Slaaneshy counterparts and reign chaos on your local lgs.
>>
>>54632032
wow that's pretty crazy
>>
>>54635088

You don't pay for them in advance, you set aside a number of points as a "Summoning Pool" and summon whatever you want within those limits.
>>
I hate this. I would rather they just rule no buff stacking, rather than making the buffers more expensive. You could see a shift in meta to just not use buffers because of it, and go for more spamming.
>>
>>54627877
Well they'll be hitting and wounding on a 3+. Which is not too bad. But large units of clanrats are better with spears imo, although doing damage is not their job anyway. Being a big tarpit, which is remarkably resilient against small arms is their main job. And with their banner and musician they can also be quite quick and can block anything you want.
>>
So anyone making changes to their lists based on the info leaked so far?

I'm thinking about a 1000 pt Skryre list with a 40 rat strong blob of clanrat allies. Or a 2000 pt Skryre list with a clanrat blob + a Warlord.
>>
>>54638295
Something like this

>Allegiance: Skryre

>Heroes
Arch Warlock (140)
Warlock Engineer (100)

>Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Skryre Battleline
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
- Skryre Battleline

>Units
Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
Clanrats (40)
- Allies

>War Machines
Doomwheel (140)

Total: 1000/1000
>>
>>54638295
Unless they adjust some of the points for clan skryre stuff, I don't.

2000 Points

- Archwarlock

- Warlock
- Warplightning Cannon

- Warlock
- 5 Acolytes
- 5 Acolytes
- 3 Stormvermin
- 3 Mortars

- Warlock
- 3 Stormvermin
- 1 Warpgrinder
- 3 Warpfire Throwers

- Clan Skryre Formation
>>
>>54638990
How successful have you been with that list?
>>
>>54636898
Don't take my fucking buff stacking. Some armies revolve around it.
>>
>>54639132
Either total domination or complete failure.
Skaven style.

A friend's fyreslayers for example I used to decimate quite easily.
But his bonesplitterz ripped me a new one every time.
>>
>>54612696
Take the blightguard. Take the Harbingers of Decay. Take Bloat. Pretty much only way to play.

Make 2-3 groups with the harbingers as focus for each. Every leader is a beatstick....
>>
>>54639223
>Harbinger of Decay

About this guy... could I convert him into a cool mounted Wigh King for my Death army?

I see it quite easy to do, but I don't have much experience converting.
>>
File: gw-99800201026.jpg (87KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99800201026.jpg
87KB, 920x950px
>>54639507
forgot to upload pick related, fuck
>>
Been working on a Fyreslayer list for 1,000pts.

Allegiance: Fyreslayer
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (260)
- General
Battlesmith (80)
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runeson (80)
- Ancestral War-axe
10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (120)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
5 x Auric Hearthguard (80)
Warrior Kinband (40)

Total: 980/1000

Would this work well? 2,000pts for Fyreslayers is super expensive.
>>
>>54623492
I have been away a while. How is stardrake cancer? Last time I played they were considered overcosted shit.
>>
any word of Priest getting some generic spells in GH2?

Things like runesmiters have the priest keyword yet do nothing with it.
>>
>>54639507
>>54639520
>metal/resin model
>looks nothing like a skeleton
>easy to convert
Uh-huh.
>>
>>54635926
Convert technologically gifted mortals for AoS with mechanical scorpion claws and the odd daemonic handgun

use for both systems
>>
>>54639571
give a stardrake 4 +1 save buffs from 4 lord castellants

it now has +4 to save and every time it rolls a 7+ to save it heals 4 wounds
>>
>>54639829
Isn't that thing a 900 point investment alone that still die to mortal wounds?
>>
>>54639890
make it your general and give it the 5+ to ignore mortal wounds, then it takes ~24 mortal wounds to drop it. not an easy thing to do for most lists.

give it a mirrorshield to reduce shooting hit rolls by 2 (totally cripples skyfires, kunnin rukk, longstrikes, etc.)

also remember that stardrakes can reduce enemy casting rolls by 1

stardrake ties down an entire army while you capture objectives with libs and shoot with longstrikes/judicators

its effective and exactly zero fun to play against
>>
File: Krell.jpg (40KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Krell.jpg
40KB, 600x620px
>>54639652
>looks nothing like a skeleton
Don't need to make it to look like a skeleton 100%

With erasing the nurgle marks, and an adequate colour scheme should work

Krell pretty much only has skeleton face, and everyone know's he's a Wight King

Yeah I could go and remove the chainmail to put in there a sekelly face, but I might not do it
>>
So what do you think would have happened if GW decided to, instead of making AOS a skirmish game, kept it as a wargame (with rank and file) but still simplified it the same amount?
>>
File: IMG_20150826_191335414_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150826_191335414_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>54628548

The old metals are surprisingly good. These are mine.
>>
File: IMG_20150826_191408323_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150826_191408323_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>54640043
>>
>>54639982
i prefer it like this

round bases look cooler and regimented combat felt too static
>>
>>54639982
There certainly would have been less backlash from the community but it is hard to gauge now that people have come to grips with AOS.
>>
>>54640068
I liked them personally because it gave me a chance to make a piece of art, treating the unit as an extention of the model rather than just tens of the same normal dude over and over agan.
>>
>>54640043
>>54640064
They look good, but they are also out of the store :c
>>
>>54640096
thats a fair point, regiments look cool in their own way

i just prefer round bases and less static unit formations
>>
>>54640101

They've been unavailable for a long time. I got them at an auction at my LGS when I lived in Colorado Springs.
>>
Is the AOS turn system still fucked?, I hate taking turns moving one unit at a time.
>>
File: 150159418755623273291.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
150159418755623273291.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>54640106
Thought Id share.
>>
>>54640248
You what? Do you mean deployment because no that hasn't changed.
>>
>>54640275
>Austrlian gobbos

How horrible
>>
>>54640248
Yes...?

It's like complaining that MMOs use tab targetting

If you don't like the basic game mechanics of "move one unit at a time" then you'll never like warhammer
>>
File: woops i doo.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
woops i doo.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>54615782
They are getting a buff with the generals handbook in the form of Allegiance abilities.

Their models are mostly slightly overpriced, but it isn't so bad. If your melee units get into combat, they will likely do what you want them to.

There are Kharadron Overlords to remember. They are fairly powerful.
>>
>>54640318
Except that hardly every MMO uses tab-targeting.

>>54640248
How else do you want to move your units? All of them at the same time? Because unless you're an octopus, that's impossible.
>>
>>54640340
They look nice
>>
>>54639223
Bloat?
>>
>>54640568
>Except that hardly every MMO uses tab-targeting.
Youre right, only a VAST MAJORITY and ALL THE POPULAR ONES use it

Why are you even arguing this point, this doesnt matter at all
>>
>>54639576

Priests have special rules interaction with some types of terrain
>>
>>54640286
>>54640318
>>54640568
Sorry I didn't specify enough, When I did a demo game at my local GW like a year ago you had to actiate your units one at a time, I move one unit and he moves one unit, instead of one turn of moving all my units declaring attacks etc.
>>
>>54639829

Best part is, even in environments without buff stacking it's still broken.

I can't wait for allies rules to to take a Jade Battlemage and keep Stromcast allegiance.

+1 Castellant
+1 Staunch Defender
+1 Mystic Shield

+3 to save rerolling 1s and Healing on a 5+, 6+ Mortal wound save and healing D3 and a Mirrorshield on top.
>>
>>54640963

Healing on a 4+*
>>
>>54640934
Uh yeah, that's not how it works, I didn't really get I to it until after ghb, but I'm fairly certain it never worked that way.

The game still goes by turn, my hero phase, my movement, shooting, and combat, then yours. The only kinda acception to this is the fight phase, where you alternate turns attacking
>>
>>54640976
Remember that Rend reduces your save value
>>
>>54641488
Save roll*
>>
File: nice.png (194KB, 348x496px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
194KB, 348x496px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/01/age-of-sigmar-spotlight-sylvaneth-part-6-aug-1gw-homepage-post-3/

>Loremaster and Treelord sitting in a tree…

noooooo you're not supposed to draw attention to my secret weapon.
>>
>>54641531
loremaster in sylvaneth is not a secret, everyone has known about it for about a year now
>>
>>54641531
>sylvaneth spotlight
>recommends taking non-sylvaneth units

wft?
>>
What did they do to lizardmen in AoS? What are they like?
>>
>>54641823
theyre "Order demons" now.
They follow the slanns great plan rather than the old ones.
They are implied to be fighting not just on the mortal realms. But dont expect this to turn into 40k lizards.

On an individual level lizards seem to be pretty much identical, but when they they they vanish into light for some reason.

They dwell "in the stars" but nobody knows what this means.
Their armies are themed after star constellations, they are deepstriking down in meteorites now
>>
File: wayne-england-artwork-17.jpg (300KB, 450x608px) Image search: [Google]
wayne-england-artwork-17.jpg
300KB, 450x608px
After reading up on the AoS fluff they said the 9th realm is prsctically like the realm of Chaos.

Does this mean this is the primary source of the viking and mortal followers of Chaos or is it deamonland?
>>
>>54641651
gnarloot wargrove lets you bring any order wizard
>>
>>54642148
there are 8 mortal realms and the 9th realm is the realm of chaos
>>
>>54639162
Some armies are overpowered because of it. Like KO employing a half dozen aether khemists so a single unit of Thunderers can wipe out entire enemy forces alone.

I am talking removing buff stacking of the same name
>>
File: 1501110050932.jpg (121KB, 1024x824px) Image search: [Google]
1501110050932.jpg
121KB, 1024x824px
>>54642148
The primary source is normal mortals who get corrupted like anywhere else.

Chaos can start in any realm as long as the local population starts to worship or an individual makes a pact with one of the chaos entities
>>
File: Daemonettes-of-Slaanesh-PIP-2.jpg (90KB, 1095x300px) Image search: [Google]
Daemonettes-of-Slaanesh-PIP-2.jpg
90KB, 1095x300px
>>54641651
You can ally 200-600 points from another order sub-faction without losing allegiance abilities in the new generals handbook
>>
>>54639982
Pointless. Rank and file is boring.

2 blocks meet and shrink. wooooo
>>
File: lizy.jpg (303KB, 539x895px) Image search: [Google]
lizy.jpg
303KB, 539x895px
>>54641823
jawesome
>>
>>54640934
Your demo game was done by an idiot. That's not how it works. That part plays like regular old warhammer. You take an entire turn, going through all the phases, then it switches to your opponent
>>
>>54642213
>>54642178
I see so where are the Norse/viking equivelent from?
>>
File: zRlnKk2.jpg (44KB, 1200x582px) Image search: [Google]
zRlnKk2.jpg
44KB, 1200x582px
what does this mean?
>>
>>54642148
There 9th realm is essentially the warp, but in land form
>>
File: round.jpg (292KB, 805x800px) Image search: [Google]
round.jpg
292KB, 805x800px
>>54639982
They can EASILY do a AoS "Apocalypse" kind of game and bring it back to that.

EZ mode:
make TWO movement trays: one has round holes for 32 mm bases.
The other has round holes for 25mm.

You can ONLY rank in these amounts (10x per tray) so any army can use them, and you only need to add more of the 10slot trays per unit block (therefore youd group 3 to make one 30 man unit).

Cav and other oval bases don't rank up, just battle lines and other troops.

Movement is same as a warscroll but uses old wheeling rules.

On trays/"Formation" = +X to bravery or some shit to make them better than regular

Fuking Done.
>>
>>54642273
All-over. In all the realms there are several places where they could possibly come from. There is no official not-norsca yet in the fluff, but there are mentions of barbarian tribes from many different climates
>>
>>54642273
Anywhere that you want.
They are YOUR dudes so you decide.
It would just make sense for them NOT to be from the fire realm or death, but you can make them from pretty much any other realm.

My group has a guy who likes to think that the old world is still in one of the realms because the fluff says they are so vast.
>>
>>54642290
It means matched play profiles will be made at a later date I imagine, a la free
>>
>>54642273
Id say Ghur

http://ageofsigmar.wikia.com/wiki/Realm_of_Ghur
>>
>>54642301
Except with the way charging and piling in and weapon ranges won't be so easily adopted without major rules overhaul. If they did this, I wouldn't find myself ever playing it. To me rank and file was one of the worst aspects of fantasy. When aos first announced and they abandoned it, I knew I was on board.

40k doesn't use it nor does it need it, nether does AoS
>>
>>54642380
it just looks cool.
I like AoS gameplay but I love how fantasy looked.
>>
File: ayysuck.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ayysuck.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
>>54642409

fugg

now I want to make a gobbo army
>>
>>54642409
Because beastmen marching in a disciplined rank and file made so much sense.

Forget it. It's not coming back. You can still March your dudes on movement trays, a lot still do. But once combat happens they are going to start piling off of them. You know, like how real battle works. When 2 units meet they don't stay in bricks waiting patiently for the front row to die.
>>
My friends and I have been playing AoS and thoroughly enjoying it, when it released we were a little suspicious of the "simplification" and dumbing down but we quickly began to appreciate it. However, we have one friend who refuses to come over to AoS, he wont read the books, wont look at warscrolls, insists that they've ruined the game and his lizardmen and that the game is now "Completely retarded and aimed at pre-schoolers" thanks to the "extremely dumbed down and gutted rules".

Short of physically assaulting him how do we get him to see sense?
>>
>>54642554
You cant, people that still make the "AoS is retarded" argument by now are beyond redemption. Tell your friend to go back to 9th age while you enjoy your sigmar
>>
File: 20161229_115316.jpg (5MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161229_115316.jpg
5MB, 4160x2340px
>>54642409
AOS armies look cool too breh
>>
>>54642604
>>54642409
>all these fully painted armies
I feel like fielding painted stuff is more important to aosfags than 40kfags and that makes me happi
>>
>>54642554
Yeah we got one of those guys. Don't bother.
>>
>>54642622
I've got 3 armies. 2 fully painted. One I just got a couple heroes to do
>>
>>54642671
The only reason my sylvaneth ar ent painted yet is because I'm still trying to find a good link flock for the leaves. My tomb kings are slowly but surely coming to fully painted status too
>>
I like the Treasure Hunt battleplan, it is a lot of fun.
My ogres strode out hungrily across the table and supported with gnoblar wolfriders quickly secured two of the relics by turn two, much to my opponents upset.
Man I love my ogres.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-01-10-20-46.png (205KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-01-10-20-46.png
205KB, 1080x1920px
>>54639223
Thanks anon
>>
If I played flesheater courts or skeletons or skaven, etc, I'd definitely tray my guys up, at least for deployment and initial moves (taking them off for pile-ins or terrain). It would just cut down gametime by a worthwhile amount, and be less annoying than hand moving 40 guys one at a time for turns 1-2.
>>
>>54642929
Traying them wouldn't be bad for movement, but usually I like to run AoS games with lots of terrain. I never liked the spartan table scenery of old warhammer. Since things don't need trays anymore it's easy to get them in and around ruins and such. Remember a cover bonus comes when an entire unit is in terrain. So I suggest put them on trays, but like 5man trays so they can maneuver around better. But when combat and pile in happens, they will need to abandon the trays
>>
>>54640043
>>54640064
ayyy kitties
>>
File: cb20805d.jpg (111KB, 1078x556px) Image search: [Google]
cb20805d.jpg
111KB, 1078x556px
>>54642465
>When 2 units meet they don't stay in bricks waiting patiently for the front row to die.

t. unwashed barbarian
>>
>>54632008
So, are you actually bringing up something to the conversation or just a spergo that's either trolling or is so new he's missed two years entirely?
>>
>>54644260
I mean, unwashed barbarians seem to have a pretty good track record, the sacked Rome, China, the EU, most of asia, give them some credit
>>
>>54642554
EZ:
Tell him he's right, and he should sell his army to you cheaply because GW killed warhams and are gay.

BAM cheap seraphon army for you.
Once the deal is done, be sure to tell him how much fun you are having playing AoS with your buds and that he is in face a homosexual.
>>
File: 300px-Badass_Settra.png (297KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Badass_Settra.png
297KB, 300x457px
>>54611658
Soon
>>
File: ss.jpg (33KB, 600x306px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
33KB, 600x306px
>>54632008
Just play free peoples
>>
>>54644633
There are interviews saying they will never put TK back
The quote was literally "not for like 10 years... maybe in another game system"
>>
File: 1500054563447.jpg (27KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
1500054563447.jpg
27KB, 400x513px
>>54644633
It took far too long for the obligatory skelesoon
>>
>>54644662
Source? I'm not doubting you. I just want to be able to shove it in the face of every tombking spammer I find, here and on facebook and otherwise. I am so fucking sick of their bitching.
>>
>>54632008

why are you being such a tryhard? If you actually knew anything about the setting and lore, and not just parroting what some retard online told you, you wouldn't be screeching "muh sigmarines!" when we all know stormcast and marines have nothing in common really
>>
>>54636898
something something rule of one?
>>
>>54644937
Your anger only feeds the tomb kings shitposters, we know they aren't coming back
>>
>>54644975
Exactly. A rule of one stating abilities that provide bonuses cannot stack would be ideal.
>>
>>54644937
podcast or interview with gav Thorpe which was over an hour long, ill see if I can find it now but don't hold your breath
>>
>>54641137
Which is a pity, the game would be more fun if the turn sequence entered the 21st century.
>>
>>54645155
Its fine for skirmish games, but it doesnt work for mass battle wargames like this or 40k. Get over it.
>>
>>54645183
There's no reason it woudn't work. Skirmish game is no different to mass battle game except for how much space the models/units take on the table. 1 dude= one regiment when it comes to tactical importance.
>>
>>54640340
That's a marvelous banna
>>
>>54644662
i am sad
i should be asking for sources, but i believe you. i believe that GW would never undo their decisions to squat the tomb kings simply out of pride, because it would mean that they were wrong
people don't like being wrong
>>
File: 99120218001_CelestantPrime01.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120218001_CelestantPrime01.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>54645292
I mean, they already brought settra back, so who knows
>>
>>54645369
don't insult settra by implying he would become something as homosexual as a samecast eternal
>>
>>54645369
if thats what you want, settra being sigmars lapdog, sure. i have no problem with it
>>
>>54645369
>Settra
>serving
>>
File: Lords of Kharadron (8).jpg (102KB, 780x812px) Image search: [Google]
Lords of Kharadron (8).jpg
102KB, 780x812px
Anyone here Kharadron Overlords??

I'm really hoping to see a Start Collecting! box of them soon
>>
>>54645369
Excuse you Settra DOES NOT BOW

he's actually supposed to be Karl Franz right?
>>
>>54645574
Name's not reavealed (obviously) but is assumed is good ol' Karl

Funny enough, Settra kind of could fit in the description but as >>54645454 said, that would imply Settra serving someone, and even if that someone is Sigmar, I don't believe it.
>>
>>54645648
>>54645574
It's not. Karl died during end times. He did not exist in the mortal realms. The Celestant Prime was a great king in the age of myth, which was post-end times. Sigmar didn't start snatching up souls until the age of chaos, which was after the age of myth.
>>
>>54645648
Maybe settra works for Sigmar in order to get his trust only to backstab him later on a sieze two realms at once
>>
>>54640340
M O O N C L A N
>>
>>54645683
So Sigmar's number one top dude is actually just some literally who? What a disappointment.
>>
>>54645909
His lore may get developed later, like with a black library novel, but for right now we dont know much about him.
>>
>>54645551
It'll be along in a little while, probably when the next faction releases. Obviously they don't want to heavily discount the faction while it's still the new hotness.
>>
>>54645956
>>54645551
I wouldnt get too excited. If the fyreslayer one is any indication it will probably just be a frigate and an arkanaut company.
>>
File: Da_big_boss.jpg (54KB, 448x449px) Image search: [Google]
Da_big_boss.jpg
54KB, 448x449px
Am I the only one who miss him?What happened with the real boss?
>>
>>54645991
Gorkamorka'll spit him back out any day now, just you wait!
>>
>>54612495

They remember, that are Stormhost and Knight Quaestor that seek only revengeance.
>>
>>54612547

What you can do if your supposed team is composed by a dumb Gorkamorka and a Plotting Nagash?
>>
>>54614142

nice boring meme
>>
>>54642409
>>54642622
>all these fully painted armies
Anon you know that orc/goblin army is a studio picture for the old Orcs and Goblins book right? It's not like an anon on here painted that.
>>
>>54644260
Yet those unwashed barbarians were never conquered by Alexander the great despite their vast mineral wealth literally a couple of miles from Macedonia

Almost as if big spear formations don't work in hilly forests full of heavy skirmishers.
>>
New thread?
>>
Anyone know how they do the birds like this?

I saw the tip of the day video, but it doesn't go over the orange which I really like
>>
Who the heck said that Age of Sigmar was a success story ? It isn't, its being scrapped by GW already :)
>>
>>54648150
You got a source?
>>
>>54648295
Likely his "Proof" is that they're focusing on 40K right now
>>
File: unnamed-181.jpg (186KB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-181.jpg
186KB, 970x728px
>>54648150

see

>>54632032
>>
Mmmh how many 'Ardboys should I need for having a decent Ironjawz army?

I already have 20 of them, 30 counting the ones I would get with the Start Collecting! box, and up to 40 if I got the Skirmish one too

Should I buy even more?

Or start getting some brutes and Gore-gruntas?

I actually really like thie army's aesthetic, and they seem enjoyable to play
>>
>>54648664
Brutes are your bread and butter
>>
>>54647829

migrate

>>54648760
>>54648760
>>54648760
>>
>>54647521
>this whole post
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.