[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5e race conversions, continued.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2e_tiefling.gif (66KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
2e_tiefling.gif
66KB, 300x360px
After seeing the other guy converting his races, I've endow started doing a few of them as well. Hopefully this turns into a few of us building stuff, and giving feedback on each other's builds.

Last thread
>>54487817

>>54534345
If instead of granting uses of the spell you added them to spells known, and perhaps gave a handful of them (preselected or just a number from the list) as free to prepare, I think you could fit more magic inside a single feat.

It means relying on spell slots you already have though, so no being extra magical if you're a kitsune fighter.

What did you think of my ogres and half ogre?
>>
>>54539582
Ogre (Common)
>Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, -2 Int
>Size: Large
>Speed: 35ft.
>Darkvision
>Large Size. {
Large Build
• Your size counts as Large when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
Long-Limbed
• When you make a melee attack on your turn, your reach for it is 5 feet greater than normal.
Large Footprint
• You take up a 10 foot area instead of a 5-foot area.
*Note: Your weapon damage dice does not change.
}
>Natural Armor.
>Languages. Common, and Giant.

Ogre (Merrow)
>Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, -2 Int
>Speed: 30ft.
>Darkvision
>Large Size
>Natural Armor.
>Swim 35 ft.
>Partially Amphibious: You can breathe air and water. However, after being out of the water for 8 hours, you begin to suffocate, taking one level of exhaustion every hour. You only benefit from
a long rest taken while submerged under water.

Ogre (Ice Spire)
>Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, -2 Cha
>Speed: 30ft.
>Darkvision
>Large Size
>Natural Armor.
>Ice Spire Born: You're acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 feet. You're also naturally adapted to cold climates, as described in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master's Guide. Additionally, you are immune to the effects of the toxic gas of the Ice Spire Mountain tunnels.
>Blood Dance: As a bonus action, you can enter a rage. This state lasts for 1 minute, during which time you have Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws, and a +1 damage bonus on melee weapon attacks using Strength, and Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing Damage. Your rage ends prematurely if your are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1 instead.
>>
>>54520923
>>54521488
Sorry for not replying in the last thread. DESU, I wasn't sure what I was looking for, I just knew that I really liked hags and was curious what someone would come up with.
>>
>>54540439
Feels odd not being the guy starting the thread... anyway, I'll be honest, for a Hagspawn that feels like it'd be actually fun, my kneejerk writeup would be as follows:

Hagspawn
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Powerful Build: You count as one size larger for determining Carrying, Dragging, Lifting Pulling, and Pushing Capacity.
Hexweaver: You know one Warlock cantrip of your choice, which uses Charisma as its spellcasting ability score.
Witch's Kin: You have Advantage on Constitution and Intelligence saving throws against magic spells and magic effects.

>>54539582
Actually, the only reason I didn't have three spells per Tail was because I couldn't think of ones to fill the missing slots in Wrath and Malice. Maybe Bane for Wrath and Dissonant Whispers for Malice?

>>54540243
Firstly, I'll be honest, I really don't see what the point is to go to all that hassle to make a "large, but not really" racial trait. You lose access to the one trait that most appeals about Large characters, doubled damage dice, and in makes extra work for the DM to fit your character into different spaces.

Also? Personally, I DESPISE negative ability scores and I want to kick the head in of whoever thought to bring them back in Volo's Guide, so that's a big hit against them in my eyes.
>>
>>54539582
>>54541479
Dammit, forgot to finish. As for the current setup... really, I wouldn't call it that weird; don't forget, Svirfneblins get an official racial feat that grants Nondetection (a 3rd level spell) at will, and the ability to cast two 2nd level spells (Blindness/Deafness and Blur) and one 1st level spell (Disguise Self) 1/day,
>>
>>54541479
>More work for the DM to let you fit places.
I'm the DM. If they have to squeeze sometimes, they have to squeeze sometimes. Most of my corridors are 10 or 15 feet wide anyways, as those are the sizes of the tiles I use.

>Whats the point of redefining large size across the campaign?
So I can allow several races that are in the 9-16 foot height range, not just Ogres.

>Negative Ability Scores
Fair enough. I'm gonna be taking those out in the next revision.

>Extra Damage Dice
After some comments in 5eg (where they clearly hate homebrew) I'm going to come up with a "Damage Multiplier" alternative to Alternate attack, which they will be able to take. I'll have to do the math first to make sure I have the same damage output, but it doesn't look too tricky.
>>
>>54542969
You could always just homerule it that 9+ feet ca be covered by the Medium with Powerful Build status, but if it suits you as a DM, then go ahead.

And, yeah, I'm aware of 5eg's general hostility towards homebrewing. Why do you think I start these threads separately, and why do you think they always crash and burn?
>>
>>54544137
It's fucking bizarre.

Everything is all "RAW+Refluffing or GTFO"

They would not be happy in any campaign I've run in the past 15 years.

"What do you mean no PHB Races, no PHB Ranger, no Cleric, and no Warlock!?!"

"I mean just that, 5eg Steve. This setting has no gods. Warlock is an abortion of design, and so is PHB Ranger. You can play the remaining PHB classes, you can play these homebrew classes, and this is the list of available races, and feats."

>Why do you think I start these threads separately, and why do you think they always crash and burn?
Maybe they're too specific?

I don't intend to stop homebrewing for 5e, or to stop talking baout homebrew on the internet.

Maybe we should just make a 5e homebrew general, and state in the OP it's separate because 5eg shits themselves and throws a tantrum every time they see homebrew or houserules.
>>
>>54544589
Hmm. Might help if we did it like that, although personally my only real adeptness is with races.
>>
>>54544705
Whatever, contribute your energies where you like. I've been homebrewing all kinds of shit for 17 years, I do a bit of everything, and I will go outside the box.

I did playable CR 10 monsters for 3.5, in a variety of approaches, and quickly moved on from the shitty Savage Species progressions.

I've homebrewed and converted and houseruled feats.

I've made some classes.

I mean, the balance is different in 5e, but the principles are the same.

Make the threads more general, for anyone's 5e homebrew, and then you stick to making what you want to make.
>>
File: medusa-1.jpg (241KB, 900x1060px) Image search: [Google]
medusa-1.jpg
241KB, 900x1060px
Medusa
>ability scores +1 Cha
>speed 30ft
>darkvision
>innate attack: snake bite
> 1d4 dmg and the enemy must succeed on a constitution saving throw or be poisoned
>innate ability: petrifying gaze
>any creature that meets your gaze, including allies, must make a wisdom saving throw or be petrified for a number of rounds equal to your charisma modifier
>petrified creatures cannot take damage
>the DC for this save is equal to 8+proficiency+Cha

I'm trying to find a way to keep both of the innate abilities inside of the race without making it blatantly better than other races.

right now the only solution I have is to skimp on the ability bonuses
>>
>>54546473
Alrighty:

Homebrew & Houserules Discord:
https://discord.gg/xC2WV57
>>
>>54546565
Bump?
>>
>>54546473
I'd redo the petrify ability to be more like a gradually worsening disease, with multiple attempts to recover, eventually ending in death.

Alternately, you might have it stack exhaustion and if they "die" from the exhaustion they're petrified instead.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.