[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5e D&D Race Conversions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 7

File: 2e tiefling.gif (66KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
2e tiefling.gif
66KB, 300x360px
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/List_of_D%26D_PC_Races

There's a ridiculously huge array of races that've come out in D&D over the past decades, and most of these have yet to appear in 5e. So, I'm offering you anons the chance to make requests for races and subraces you'd like to see get brought over for 5th edition.

This thread's specialty is... Subraces and Beastfolk! Variants of the Dwarf, Elf, Gnome and Halfling, and beastman races, are D&D's oldest and most widespread categories of racial diversity in D&D. Want a 5e Seacliff Dwarf? Gnoll? Golden Halfling? Ratfolk? Make the request and I'll get right on it with extra speed.
>>
Y'know what? Just for reference, in 3e alone, these are the variant strains that came out for the iconic quartet of demihumans:

Dwarf:
Glacier Dwarf
Badlands Dwarf
Seacliff Dwarf
Dragonlance Dark Dwarf
Faerun Arctic Dwarf
Urdunnir
Wild Dwarf
Stone Dwarf

Elf:
Snow Elf
Painted Elf
Aquatic Elf
Dragonlance Aquatic Elves (Dargonesti, Dimernesti)
Avariel

Gnome:
Ice Gnome
Wavecrest Gnome
Arcane Gnome
River Gnome

Halfling:
Tundra Halfling
Shoal Halfling
Athasian Halfling
Golden Halfling
>>
Bumping this because... well, really? Nobody's interested at all?
>>
What grinds my gears is that over half of the races in 5e have darkvision and it makes it very hard to run night time surprises or traps in the dark because of this and I can't keep using fog and mist as a dark proxy.
>>
>>54490971
You do realize 3/4 of the iconic races have had lowlight or dark vision for the bast 3 editions right?

Also dark vision is still dim light and so lightly obscured and in shades of gray in darkness, not full vision.
>>
>>54490929
Fuck it, I'll bite.

Give me all the gnomes.
>>
>>54491837
Sure thing - the Ice & Wavecrest Gnomes were rather gimmicky, so I'm game to discuss better crunch than what I gave them.

Gnome Subrace: River Gnome
Ability Score Increase: +1 Dexterity
Waterborn: You have a Swim speed of 30 feet.
Deep Diver: You can hold your breath for 4 + Constitution modifier minutes, instead of the normal 1 + Constitution modifier minutes.

Gnome Subrace: Arcane Gnome
Ability Score Increase: +1 Charisma
Mage-Trained: You have Proficiency in Intelligence (Arcana).
Magic in the Blood: You can cast the Prestidigitation cantrip and 1 other Wizard cantrip of your choice. Intelligence is your casting ability score when casting cantrips granted to you by this trait.

Gnome Subrace: Ice Gnome
Ability Score Increase: +1 Constitution
Arctic Dweller: You have Resistance to Cold damage and Advantage on Survival checks made in arctic climates.

Gnome Subrace: Wavecrest Gnome
Born to the Brine: You have Advantage on Survival checks made in oceanic and coastal environments. Additionally, you can drink salt water with no ill effects if you succeed on a DC 8 Constitution saving throw.
Seaman's Eyes: You have Advantage on Intelligence checks made relating to boatcraft or sailing, including predicting the weather.
>>
Can you do Aranea and Lupin, both from the Savage Coast Mystara setting?
>>
>>54487966
There are also the Jungle, Desert, and Shadow variants of these races. Shadow Elf =/ Drow.
>>
>>54492724
I've been trying to get those two races right for ages, they're two of my favorite classic races.

Aranea
Ability Score Increase: +2 Intelligence, +1 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Darkvision
Arcane Birthright: You know the Prestidigitation cantrip and 1 other cantrip of your choice from the Wizard spell list. Intelligence is your casting ability score when using these cantrips
Spider Climb: You have a Climb speed of 30 feet and do not need to make an ability check to climb difficult surfaces, including upside down underneath ledges or along a ceiling.
Venomous Bite: As an action you may make a melee attack against an adjacent target. On a hit, you deal 1d8 poison damage. This damage increases by 1d8 at levels 5 (2d8), 11 (3d8), and 17 (4d8). You have Advantage when delivering a Venomous Bite to a target that is grappled or restrained.
Fling Webbing: As an action you may make a ranged attack with a range of 30/60ft. On a hit, the target is Restrained until it passes a Strength check (DC 8 + your proficiency modifier + your Constitution modifier). Your webbing can be attacked as an object by someone seeking to cut through it, in which case it has AC 10, HP 5 + your level, vulnerability to fire, and immunity to bludgeoning, poison and psychic. This ability can be used once per short or long rest.
>>
>>54492724
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Wisdom
Vision: Darkvision
Lupine Senses: A lupin has Advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks where its keen sense of hearing and scent are relevant, but suffers Disadvantage on Constitution saves against attacks based on odor or sound, such as a banshee's cry or a ghast's stench.
Subrace: Choose between the Tribal, Nomadic or Renardie Lupin subraces.

Tribal Lupin
Ability Score Increase: +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
Plains Hunter: A Tribal Lupin's Movement increases to 35 feet. Additionally, a Tribal Lupin does not suffer movement penalties from difficult terrain in grassland environments.
Run With The Pack: A Tribal Lupin adds double its proficiency bonus to Wisdom (Animal Handling) checks made with wolves or wolf-like magical beasts, including giant wolves, dire wolves and worgs.

Nomadic Lupin
Ability Score Increase: +1 Constitution, +1 Dexterity
Hardy Scavenger: Nomadic Lupins have Advantage on saves against disease and the poisoned effect.
Cobble Together: A Nomadic Lupin has Proficiency with Tinker's Tools, and Advantage on any check made to use those tools to try and reassemble, repair or otherwise restore functionality to a degraded or damaged tool, weapon or suit of armor.

Renardie Lupin
Ability Score Increase: +1 Intelligence, +1 Charisma
A Civilised Weapon: A Renardie Lupin has proficiency with the Rapier.
Vintner's Palate: A Renardie Lupin adds double its proficiency bonus to Constitution checks made to avoid being affected by alcohol, and to Intelligence (History and Investigation) checks made in relation to alcohol and brewing.
>>
>>54492763
What sourcebooks do those come from? Badlands Dwarves and Painted Elves come from Sandstorm, and there was no Jungle Sourcebook for 3.5 that I'm aware of.
>>
>>54487817
Tanarukk
>>
>>54492822
I'm also interested in feyri and wild dwarves.

I could also go for some large creature races. Ogre, minotaur, dragon kingdoms, and half ogres in particular.
>>
>>54492822
Alright, this is based on the original version from 3.5, not the psycho demon-orc barbarian of 4e and 5e.

Tanarukk
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Dexterity
Speed: 25 Feet
Vision: Darkvision
Warrior Born and Bred: You have Proficiency with all Martial Melee Weapons.
Spawn of the Flames: You have Resistance to Fire and can cast the Control Flames and Fire Bolt cantrips, both using Strength as the casting ability score.
>>
>>54492865
Dwarven Subrace: Wild Dwarf
Ability Score Increase: +1 Strength
Swift-Footed: Your movement speed increases to 30 feet.
The Hunter's Arsenal: You have Proficiency with Blowguns, Longbows, the Herbalist's Kit and the Poisoner's Kit. This replaces Dwarven Combat Training and Tool Proficiency.
Stalk The Wild: You have Advantage on Stealth checks. This replaces Stonecunning.
>>
>>54492865
Fey'ri
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Charisma
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Elven Lineage: You are immune to Magical Sleep effects and have Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed effect. You trigger effects that key off of race as if you were an Elf, both positive and negative.
Trance: You only need to spend 4 hours in a meditative trance, in which you retain full awareness of your surroundings, to gain the benefits of 8 hours of sleep.
Fiendish Ancestry: Choose one of the following racial traits.
* Winged: You have a Fly speed of 30 feet, though you cannot fly if you are encumbered or wearing Medium armor or Heavy armor.
* Fiendish Resilience: You have Resistance to Fire and Advantage on saving throws against the Poisoned condition.
* Wicked Charms: You can cast the Friends cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Charm Person as a 1st level spell. At 5th level, you can cast Suggestion as a 2nd level spell. Once you cast Charm Person or Suggestion with this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability score for this trait.
>>
>>54493251
>>54493021
>>54493143

Wow, you work quick. Thanks!

How about dragonkin (monsters of faerun).

They seem to be what 4e dragonborn were mimicking and making crappy.

Large dragon people, complete with wings.

Would be useful for me to do cult of the dragon plots.

Id also be interested in half ogre (based on savage species) (I'd look at bugbear for that) and ogre (I dunno how I'd handle that)
>>
>>54493554
Well, in fairness, I had Tanarukks written before you asked. I'll take a shot at Dragonkin, but, I'm leery of doing them as truly Large, so let's see what they look like with Powerful Build.

As for Ogre... honestly, I'll give it a shot if you insist, but me personally, I'd just reskin or reflavor (is there a difference?) the Goliath statblock.
>>
>>54493607
The difference being that I don't think you can reasonably do them without them being large.

10 feet tall, 700 lbs, large sized reach, natural armor, dark vision.

Thats what makes them not Goliaths.
>>
File: 1494211967716.jpg (799KB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1494211967716.jpg
799KB, 4928x3264px
>>54492783
>>54492802
Thanks for the work! Have a smug dog.
>>
>>54493554

>They seem to be what 4e dragonborn were mimicking and making crappy.

4e Dragonborn were pretty good. They fit well into the setting and were a lot better than 3.5's Dragonborn.
>>
>>54493690
Well, this is my first draft; see for yourself.

Dragonkin
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Charisma
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your capacity to Push, Pull, Drag, Lift and Carry.
Winged: You have a Fly speed of 30 feet, though you cannot fly if wearing medium or heavy armor, or if you are encumbered.
Natural Armor: Your scaly hide gives you an unarmored AC of 13 + your Dexterity modifier. When wearing armor , you benefit from whichever AC value is higher. A shield's benefits apply as normal when using your natural armor.
Raking Claws: You have claws, which you can use as a natural weapon when making an unarmed strike. This allows you to inflict 1d6 + Str modifier Slashing damage instead of the normal bludgeoning damage for an unarmed strike. You have a Reach of 10 feet when making unarmed strikes.
Taste for Magic: You have the ability to tell if any visible creature or object is magical, which takes the form of seeing a visible aura around that creature or object.
>>
>>54493717
Appreciate it! I could really use a hand with reworking the Lupin, because it feels like all it has are ribbons. I'm worried they're underpowered.
>>
>>54493607
As for the dragonkin;

9 feet tall, claws, wings, dark vision, natural armor, natural armor.

Tricky to do, naturally.
>>
>>54493748
Im iffy on "reach 10, but only when unarmed". It doesn't make sense given that the claws in question are on their hands.

Can a 9 foot tall creature actually be medium?
>>
>>54493812
Claw Attack = Unarmed Strike, in case you were misunderstanding that, but maybe it is more sensible to give them a standard 10ft reach.

As for size... Firbolgs and Goliaths are both about 9ft tall, and they both get Powerful Build. The ability to upgrade the damage dice for weapons is something that 5e is never going to put into PC hands, so race traits to simulate largeness are the best we can really do.
>>
>>54493993
>upgrade weapon damage
Is sized weapon damage even a thing in 5e? I'd have thought an ogre with a greataxe did the same weapon damage dice as a human with a greataxe in this edition.
>>
>>54494133
Let's see... Ogre Greatclub (MM): 2d8, +4 due to being Str 19.

Greatclub damage in PHB: 1d8

So, yeah, size categories upping damage dies is a thing in 5e.

Add in the potential for hindering the party getting around - the old "so, what the hell use to me is the Paladin's Steed when I can't ride it in the dungeon?" query and that's basically why Large or bigger PCs aren't a thing in 5e.
>>
>>54493993
(looking stuff up)
Goliaths are 7-8 feet instead of 8-9. Dragonkin are bigger
>>
>>54494229
Then shrink the Dragonkin down. That's what they did to Firbolgs in Volo's Guide - they used to be 9ft to 10ft tall.

You can't have truly Large sized PCs in 5e. The game can't run it. You try asking about it in /5eg/, they'll laugh you right out the place.
>>
>>54494201
Not all campaigns take place in a dungeon, though.

Fair enough regarding weapon damage. It's really inconsistent that there's no weapon sizes for small and medium creatures though, isn't it.

I don't think I would have increased weapon damage if I allowed large pcs, I'd just call that part of "monsters use different rules". Because small creatures don't use a smaller damage die in 5e.

As far as Im concerned, large size = space + reach + push/pull/carry
>>
>>54494257
If you have large push/pull/carry, and large reach, all you're missing that matters is area coverage.

5e numbers don't scale like in 3.5e anyways.

But teacup giants arent giants at all.
>>
Is getting on for the evening in my part of the world; any last requests before I have to sign off in a few hours?
>>
>>54494903
Faerunian Human Subraces would be awesome, even if not for tonight.
>>
>>54494943
Here's the thing, though; aside from the Human Race in 5e not being based on a subrace setup, what would Faerunian subraces actually do? I'm literally looking through Races of Faerun as I write this, and all they really suggest are background flavors rather than anything with a mechanical difference.
>>
>>54494987
Racial feats, typically. But I was just thinking they did MtG human subraces.
>>
File: Copy+of+DnD+book.png (4MB, 1020x1556px) Image search: [Google]
Copy+of+DnD+book.png
4MB, 1020x1556px
>>54492819
Unearthed Arcana
>>
Okay, I have to turn in for the night. If you anons can keep this thread from dying, I'll hit up what races I think I can make a decent attempt at in the morning.
>>
File: Humans.jpg (19KB, 340x195px) Image search: [Google]
Humans.jpg
19KB, 340x195px
>>54496643
Human subraces bump.
>>
>>54487817
The following Elven subraces would be dope:

>Aquatic elves
This time being able to breathe both in and outside of water because it's retarded that they'd die by breathing air.

>Lycan elves
Because they were werewolf the PC race without being broken.
Just give them a shapechange into wolves of appropriate CR once per rest.

>Avian elves
In all their FREEDOM *eagle screeching* glory and with their dragon hating boners.

>Space elves
Just so players can dick each other over by banishing them selves to another plane. + a minor teleportation power would fit with them really well.

>Rock elves
Slenderman the race.
Also nice to play an elf that's almost 8ft tall and can grab enemies from a far with his lanky arms.
Oh and don't forget the horror of them dropping from the cieling thanks to being able to climb like lizards.

Other things that i'd like to see are human subraces divided into: lowland, seafaring, nomadic and hill-land.
>>
>>54487817
I'd like to see painted elves and badlands dwarfs, thank you very much.
>>
>>54497229
I really don't know how to pull human subraces off, though. Usually they just boil down to flavor text in D&D.

>>54497668
No idea about the Space/Rock elves, having never heard of them, but I'll get to work on the Lycari(?) and the Avariel when it's a decent time and not the middle of the night.

For the Aquatic Elf, does it hve to be the "pure" aquatic elf, or will the Dargonesti/Dimernesti from Dragonlance (aquatic elves + shapeshifters) do?

>>54498472
Painted Elves and Badlands Dwarves will be done once it's not midnight in the middle of winter, then, if the thread can last another couple of hours.
>>
>>54501365
Bump for great justice
>>
>>54498472
Dwarven Subrace: Badlands Dwarf
Ability Score Increase: +1 Wisdom
Desert Born: You are Acclimatized to Extreme Heat, which means you are immune to the Exhaustion loss caused by Extreme Heat (DMG pg 110). Additionally, you only need a half of a gallon of water per day, or one gallon in hot weather, and have Advantage on the Constitution save against Exhaustion caused by not drinking sufficient daily water.
Waterwise: When making a Wisdom (Survival) check relating to finding water, or an Intelligence (History) relating to the origin of architectural and natural features that involve water, you are considered Proficient in the relevant skill and apply double your Proficiency bonus, instead of your normal proficiency bonus. This trait replaces Stonecunning.

Elven Subrace: Painted Elf
Desert Born: You are Acclimatized to Extreme Heat, which means you are immune to the Exhaustion loss caused by Extreme Heat (DMG pg 110). Additionally, you only need a half of a gallon of water per day, or one gallon in hot weather, and have Advantage on the Constitution save against Exhaustion caused by not drinking sufficient daily water.
Master of the Dunes: You have Proficiency in Survival.
>>
>>54497668
Elven Subrace: Avariel
Winged Elf: You have a Fly speed of 30 feet. You cannot fly if you are wearing medium armor or heavy armor. You cannot fly if you are encumbered. When using flight to travel long distances, you must make a Constitution saving throw for every 2 hours of flight (DC 10 + 1 per 2 hours); on a failed save, you gain a level of exhaustion.
>>
>>54497668
Elven Subrace: Lythari
Run With The Pack: You have Advantage on Animal Handling checks made with wolves and wolf-like creatures, such as dire wolves.
Lupine Shifter: You are a therianthropic shapeshifter, capable of shifting between the form of an elf, a wolf, or a hybrid of the two. As an action, you can shift into any one of your three forms.
* Hybrid Form is your default form. It functions as normal for a character.
* In your Elven Form, you gain Advantage on all Charisma (Deception) checks made to pass yourself off as an elf. It otherwise functions as Hybrid Form.
* In your Wolf Form, your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of a wolf, but retaining your alignment, personality, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the wolf; if you and the wolf have the same proficiency and the wolf’s bonus is higher than yours, you use the wolf’s bonus.
* Changing shapes does not alter your current hit points, maximum hit points, or hit dice.
* You can remain in any of these three forms as long as you wish, but must consciously choose to change shapes.
* You can change shapes once at 1st level, twice at 5th level, and thrice at 11th level. You regain all expended uses of this trait when you complete a long rest.
* If you have exhausted your uses of shapeshifting, you can revert back to hybrid form, but you cannot then change again into beast or human form.
* At 11th level, you gain the ability to turn into a Dire Wolf instead of a Wolf. This follows all the normal rules for assuming wolf form.
>>
>>54497668
Elven Subrace: Rockseer Elf
Ability Score Increase: +1 Intelligence
Earth Glide: You have a Burrow speed of 20 feet. When you burrow, you meld into the earth, leaving no visible trace of your presence. Other creatures cannot follow you on the path you take whilst burrowing, nor can you take another creature with you.
Stone Shaper: You can cast the Mold Earth cantrip, using Intelligence as your spellcasting ability score.
>>
So, anons, just how massively overpowered are these latest bouts of critters? I start these threads because I want to hone my 5e racebuilding skills, but the nuances of balance, alas, continue to escape me.
>>
File: Thalassian.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Thalassian.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>54487817
aquatic people or merfolk. the different races have a functional purpose in alot of games: introduce the players to a area of the world. dwarfs live in mountains and underdark, and introduce the palyers to it. elfs live in the forest/feywild and introduce the players to it. orcs live in the mountains and tundra and swamps, and introduce toe players to it. who intorduces the players to the ocean? no one.
some anon on /tg/ made this a while back
>>
>>54503481
A question for 5eg I would imagine.

Im personally very comfortable with disproportionately "powerful" races so long as they don't have too many synergizing mathematical bonuses.

Generally if it's "separate options" instead of "stacking options" i dont see a problem.
>>
>>54503734
But the folks in 5eg seem far more concerned with balancing the variety of options races get, as well.
>>
>>54503706
Uh, do you want aquatic people (Atlantean-style water-breathing humanoids)?

Or merfolk specifically?

There's already a canon version of the former in the Tritons from Volo's Guide to Monsters, is all.
>>
So, question; with the list up the top for reference, are there any races that anons were honestly surprised to hear have had D&D statblocks in the past?
>>
Bumping for more requests, going to grab some eats, will attack any requests left here upon my return.
>>
Back and here all day, ready to answer what requests I can.
>>
>>54506920
Satyr or Faun?
>>
>>54505678
Poison dusk, blackscale, and troglodyte lizard folk. Maybe also lizard kings.

Other types of yuan-ti?

Playable sarrukh?

More lizard people
>>
File: Poison_Dusk.jpg (54KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
Poison_Dusk.jpg
54KB, 350x464px
>>54507042
>>
>>54506995
Satyr
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma
Vision: Normal
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed effect, and are immune to magical effects that induce Sleep.
Light of Heart: You have Advantage on saving throws against Fear.
Sweet Tongue: You have Proficiency in Deception.
Horned Headbutt: You have horns, which are a natural weapon you can use to make an unarmed strike. When making a headbutt attack, you inflict 1d6+Str modifier Bludgeoning damage instead of the normal unarmed strike damage.

Racial Feat: Panpiper
Prerequisite: Satyr race
Effect: You gain proficiency in Panpipes, which are a musical instrument. You can create a set of panpipes as part of a long rest. You can use a set of panpipes that you created to cast the following spells: Charm Person as a 1st level spell, Sleep as a 1st level spell, Calm Emotions as a 2nd level spell, or Fear as a 3rd level spell. You must be at least 5th level to use the Calm Emotions spell, and at least 7th level to use the Fear spell. You can only cast one spell from your panpipes each day, and then they are useless until you complete a long rest. These pipes have no magical effect for anyone other than you.
>>
>>54506920
GitH (githyanki , githzerai, gith pirate (2e spelljammer), gith (dark sun).

Preferable all based on pre-3e sources. 3e/4e gith are kindof bastardized.

For abilities that are too op for a player race, perhaps racial feats.
>>
>>54491803
Of the big 4, only 2/4 had it, and only dwarves could see in the dark.
>>
>>54507042
Got any sources on the Poison Dusk and Blackscales?

Not sure I can handle yuan-ti... playable Sarrukh might be doable, though.

Will Gurrash (gator-folk from Mystara) and/or Caymas (Small-sized caiman-folk from Mystara) be acceptable?

What about Wallaras (chameleon-men)?

Are Dray - a sort of proto-Dragonborn concept from Dark Sun - acceptable?

>>54507166
I'll need to double-check the AD&D Monstrous Index for Pirate & Degenerate Gith, but I'm uncertain if they can work.

As for the mainstream Gith...
>>
>>54507154
Hmm. What did you base this one on?

5e mm or something? Looks different than what I'm used to them having in the 3.5 mm.

I feel like it should also have proficiency on perception, darkvision, and a vulnerability to cold iron.

I'm unsure about elven resistance to charm and sleep being added.

Other than that i like it.
>>
>>54507209
Poison dusk is mm3.

I can't recall what source blackscale was in if not the same one.

I'm unfamiliar with the ones you've listed, but am interested in all forms of lizard people for a campaign themed around it.
>>
>>54507166
Githyanki
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Strength or +1 Constitution
Hate Breaks All Shackles: You have Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed and Stunned effects, and on saving throws to end those effects.
Mind Slicer: While you wield a weapon that inflicts Slashing damage, you can spend an action to “charge” that weapon with psionic energy. Whilst charged, that weapon inflicts an additional +1d6 Psychic damage on a successful strike. Maintaining this psionic charge is a Concentration effect. Once you have used this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Pain Becomes Strength: Once per turn, when you take damage from an enemy attack, you can spend your Reaction to make an immediate melee attack. Additionally, if you have exhausted your Mind Slicer ability, you can choose to spend one hit dice to reactivate it instead of waiting to take a short rest.
Hand of Will: You can cast the Mage Hand cantrip, using Intelligence as your spellcasting ability score. Your Mage Hand is invisible, unlike the normal version.

Githzerai
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Wisdom, +1 Intelligence or +1 Dexterity
Shield of Will: You can cast a variant of Mage Armor once per long rest. This variant grants an AC of 13 + your Wisdom modifier and does not require a material component.
Fortress of Discipline: You have Advantage on saving throws against Charm, Paralyzed and Stunned effects.
Fluid as Thought: Once per round, if an attack made against you misses, you can spend your Reaction to move 5 feet.
Hand of Will: You can cast the Mage Hand cantrip, using Wisdom as your spellcasting ability score. Your Mage Hand is invisible, unlike the normal version.
>>
>>54507239
Mostly the 5e monster manual version; it lacks Darkvision (I don't recall them having it in 4e either - Low-Light, yeh, but not Dark), and at passive Perception 12 I wouldn't say it warrants a free Perception proficiency.

Also, Cold Iron doesn't exist in 5e anymore, so there's no real point to give them that trait.

As for Fey Ancestry... well, it's literally the only "you're a fey creature" racial trait we have, and Satyrs are a fey creature.

>>54507269
I think they were both an MM3 critter. Not sure what they really have going for them to distinguish them from common lizardfolk, but I'll give them a try. And if you want Gurrash, Caymas, Wallaras and Dray, I'll see about cooking them up too.
>>
>>54507269
Cayma
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence
Size: Small
Riverspawn: You have a Swim Speed of 30 feet and can hold your breath for 15 minutes, instead of the normal 1 + Con modifier minutes.
Armored Scales: When not wearing armor, your AC is 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
Eager Student: You have Proficiency in one Wisdom or Intelligence skill of your choice.
Curse of the Failed Artisan: You suffer Disadvantage on any Intelligence check or Wisdom check made in relation to architecture or engineering.
>>
>>54507269
Gurrash
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Constitution
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Dragging and Carrying Capacities.
Terrible Rage: Once per long rest, as a bonus action, you can enter a berserk rage. This state lasts for 1 minute, during which time you have Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws, and a +1 damage bonus on melee weapon attacks using Strength, and Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing Damage. Your rage ends prematurely if your are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1 instead.
Aquatic Predator: You have a Swim Speed of 30 feet and you can hold your breath for 20 minutes, instead of the normal 1 + Constitution modifier minutes.
Bite: Your fang-filled maw is a natural weapon that you can use to make an Unarmed Strike. A bite attack inflicts 1d6 + Str modifier Piercing damage instead of the normal bludgeoning damage.
Armored Scales: When not wearing armor, your AC is 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
>>
>>54507269
Wallara
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Wisdom, +1 Dexterity
Chameleonic Scales: You have Proficiency in Stealth. At 5th level, you can cast Invisibility as a 2nd level spell on yourself. This Invisibility requires no material component, uses Wisdom as its spellcasting ability score, and cannot be cast if you are wearing medium or heavy armor. Once you have used this innate Invisibility, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Survivors of the Outback: You have Proficiency in the Survival and Nature skills.
>>
>>54507269
Dray
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Constitution
Sunlight Sensitivity: You suffer Disadvantage on Attack Rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks based on sight made whilst either you or the thing you are attacking/studying is in direct sunlight.
Born to Scorching Sands: You have Resistance to Fire Damage. Additionally, you only need a half of a gallon of water per day, or one gallon in hot weather, and have Advantage on the Constitution save against Exhaustion caused by not drinking sufficient daily water.
With Fang and Claw: You possess fangs and claws, which function as natural weapons. When making an unarmed strike, you can choose to use your claw attack (1d6 + Str modifier Slashing damage) or bite attack (1d4 + Str modifier Piercing damage) instead of your fist (normal Unarmed Strike). If you have the Martial Arts class feature, you can use your Martial Arts damage dice when making a claw or bite attack, although the damage remains Slashing or Piercing as appropriate.
Subrace: Choose between the First Generation Dray or Second Generation Dray to determine the rest of your racial abilities.

1st Generation Dray:
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Strength
Atavistic Fury: You have a +1 bonus to Attack rolls and Damage rolls when using your claw attack and bite attack.

2nd Generation Dray:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Strength, +1 Intelligence
Superior Darkvision: Your Darkvision has a range of 120 feet instead of 60 feet.
Trained to Inherit: You have Proficiency in one skill of your choice and in one martial weapon of your choice.
>>
>>54507379
Poisondusk camouflage, and are small size.

They all do different niches
>>
>>54507379
Cold iron doesn't exist in 5e? Huh.
What about just an iron vulnerability?
Just a thought.

And yeah, it was always lowlight vision.
But it was also lowlight vision for elves and cats. Lowlight is now darkvision 60.

They had alertness for free in 3.5, which was a +2 to perception skills.

I notice you don't include creature type, like mentioning that satyr are fey, not humanoid.
Is there a reason for that?
>>
>>54507742
Right. I'll see if I can track them down. In the meanwhile, do you have any comments on the lizardkin I just posted?
>>
>>54507288
I like them.

I notice they lack some of the the (admittedly powerful) iconic gith racial magics. Any chance of those being in added racial feats?
>>
>>54507724
>>54507697
>>54507680
Thanks for the lizard people! Still interested in any more you can come up with!
>>
>>54507820
Reading through them now.
>>
>>54507663
These seem neat.

>>54507680
How does this interact with monk unarmed damage? Otherwise I like it.

>>54507697
This one seems weak. Contrast with Duergar.
>>
>>54507724
I like these ones best of the bunch.
>>
>>54507839
Can you define what those magics are? I'm checking over my own copy of old stuff, but whilst I know 'yanki have always been relegated to the Monster Manuals, this is what my old Planescape stuff says 'zerai PCs should have:

+1 Int and Dex, -1 Str and Wis, Can't be Lawful, Can only be Fighter (9th level), Wizard (12th level), Thief (15th level) or Fighter/Wizard multiclass, Infravision 60 feet, Githzerai Fighters & Thieves have Magic Resistance 5% per level (max 95%), which can potentially render magic items useless to them.

Both "A Player's Guide to the Planes" and "The Planewalker's Handbook" agree on this, with the latter adding that 'zerai PCs are supposed to have lost their innate plane shift ability.

>>54507936
Gurrash bite damage works the same way as lizardfolk bite damage. Whatever the official ruling is on that, I don't know.

As for Wallaras being weak... well, I'm not exactly adept at the balance guide myself, but they get three free skill proficiencies; I'm pretty sure most of the anons in the /5eg/ would call it overpowered, if you want to present it to them.
>>
>>54507982
Oh I missed the stealth. I though it was just invis.
>>
>>54507982
Main gith magic (in 2e) is at-will planeshift as per the 2e spell (both githyanki and githzerai).

I don't know how the I would work that in for 5e, but it's (AFAICT) the primary common racial ability of the gith.
>>
>>54507697
Are they academically learned about nature? Why isn't it *just* survival?
>>
>>54508203
I see. Well, I really don't think that any edition of D&D is going to let you have a 5th level spell that you can use at-will from level one. Not even 5e will grant that via a feat, no matter how powerful the Svirfneblin are.

>>54508227
Wallara lore is that they're basically a race of chameleonic lizardmen - yes, MEN, they're an all-male one-gender race that reproduces by placing their shed skins in magical shrines and hoping that the skin-bundle will magically be turned into a new baby wallara - who are shameless rip-offs of Australian Aborigines.

Basically? They grow up knowing how to track, how animals behave, and all the other lore that you need in order to survive as a Stone Age hunter-gatherer. Hence, Nature and Survival.
>>
>>54508311
Oh. I agree, it's not suitable for level 1.

If i were to include it, it would have to be level-gated.

But setting-wise, they hatch and raise their children on different worlds, and then shift them home to the Astral once they're adults, because on the Astral nothing ages or grows.

In 3.x they had it as a limited use ability I believe.
>>
>>54508384
But the shifting can be handled as race-specific magical items produced by Vlaakith or other 'yanki magical guilds, whilst the 'zerai don't have that problem due to not living on the Astral.

So, it can actually be written out of the race, or at least given an explanation where PCs can't use that power to their own advantage.
>>
>>54508311
Like, they're born knowing that stuff, or they're raised to know it?

If the latter,
One approach you could Take (If it's truly universally learned) is to state that they get both skills but one counts as one of their L1 proficiencies.

Another approach could be to state that they are commonly learned and tack one or both of them onto the list of skills you can take at L1, regardless of class. That makes them very common, but not universal, and would make it a ribbon feature (imo).
>>
>>54508428
Hmm.

I suppose retconning it to bea racially keyed item-based ability could be a good approach. I hadn't considered that.
>>
>>54508453
Maybe... it was literally the best array of abilities I felt I could give them. For comparison, in AD&D, a Wallara PC had:

+1 Dex or Wis, -1 Strength
Vanish at will (treat as Dimension Door with range 120 feet instead of 360 feet)
Mimic Surroundings (Invisibility, self only) at will from 3rd level
Tracking proficiency for free and halve the normal penalty (other races: -6, Wallaras: -3)
Free proficiency in Ancient History and Local History
Restricted to "savage" kit versions of classes

>>54508502
Much more controllable that way. Just keep the PCs from getting their hands on it until you're ready, and it's fair.
>>
>>54508537
Something that I think would be really awesome but would take some doing:

Much like revenant, universal subraces for half dragon, the various genasi, and heritage-flexible Tieflings and Aasimar.
>>
>>54487817
Half-orc (grey, ondonti, orog, thayan red, thayan black)
Orc (Thayan red, Thayan black)

I don't think I've ever seen stats for Thayan orcs, just seen them talked about in the novels.
>>
>>54507166
Alright, this race was never intended for PC use, but let's take a whack at it...

Gith of Wildspace
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Strength
Innured to Violence: You have Advantage on saving throws against Fear.
Scavenger's Hardiness: You have Resistance to Poison damage, Advantage on saving throws against the Poisoned condition, and Advantage on saving throws against disease.
Pirate's Training: You have Proficiency in one weapon of your choice from the following list: Longsword, Rapier, Scimitar, Shortsword. Additionally, you have Proficiency in one skill of your choice from the following list: Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Deception.
>>
>>54509108
Full-blooded grey ondonti and orog orcs have already been converted in forgotten characters of the realms, which is a DMG product by a 3e era fr supplement writer, that covers a lot of faerun stuff 5e is missing(but not everything)
>>
>>54509108
Are Thayan Orcs even different to normal orcs? I know Ondoti are, but I've never herd of Thayan Orcs, unless you mean the Neo-Orogs.
>>
>>54509158
There's two breeds of orc created and used by the red wizards through cross breeding and magical experiments.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Thayan_orc

Apparently they have been statted once, in the unofficial bestiary of the realms for 3e.
>>
>>54509204
Not published by wotc, but published by 2 forgotten realms authors.

http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/realms_bestiary_v1.pdf.zip
>>
>>54509204
Yeah, from the sound of it, these are the monsters that TSR called the Neo-Orogs back in the days of AD&D.

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/orcneoor.php

If you want, I can try and do a Neo-Orog profile, but I have no access to Gray Orc, Ondonti or Orog stats you're talking about, so I can't try and come up with a Half-Orc derivative of either, I'm afraid.
>>
Thayan orcs 3.x

Racial Abilities: Thayan orcs all possess the following racial traits:
• Medium-size
• Resistances (Ex): Thayan orcs are somewhat inured to extremes of temperature. They gain a +4 racial bonus to
Fortitude saves against cold and heat subdual damage (see page 86 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide).
• Scent (Ex): Thayan orcs have the scent ability, as detailed on page 10 of the Monster Manual or page 81 of the
Dungeon Master’s Guide.
• Darkvision (Ex): Thayan orcs have darkvision up to 60 feet.
• Light Sensitivity (Ex): Thayan orcs suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls in bright sunlight or within the radius of a
daylight spell.
• Orc Blood: For all special abilities and effects, a Thayan orc is considered an orc. Thayan orcs, for example, can use
or create orc weapons and magic items with racially specific powers as if they were orcs.
In addition, Thayan black orcs possess the following racial traits:
• Base speed is 40 feet; a Thayan black orc’s gait is long and loping and they can cover great distances quickly.
• +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom. They are quicker and smarter than most orcs, though not quite as strong.
• Thayan black orcs gain a +4 racial bonus to Hide checks.
• Thayan black orcs are proficient with the longsword and shortbow. All black orcs train with these weapons at a very
young age.
... (cont)
>>
>>54509333
In addition, Thayan red orcs possess the following racial traits:
• Base speed 30 ft; a Thayan red orc’s gait is a bit shorter than their gray orc ancestors.
• Thayan red orcs have +2 natural armor.
• +4 Strength, -2 Wisdom. They are smarter than most orcs.
• Thayan black orcs are proficient with the greataxe and greatsword. All red orcs train with these weapons at a very
young age.
Automatic Languages: Mulhorandi and Orc. Bonus Languages: Damaran, Gnoll, Infernal, Rashemi, Tuigan,
Undercommon.
Favored Class: The Thayan black orc’s favored class is rogue and the Thayan red orc’s favored class is fighter.
Many Thayan black orcs gain levels as assassins and many Thayan red orcs gain levels as Thayan knights (see Lords of
Darkness). Thayan orc clerics worship Ilneval and can choose two of the following domains: Destruction, Evil, orc,
Planning, and War.
Level Adjustment: Thayan orcs are slightly more powerful and gain levels more slowly than most of the other
common races of Faerûn. A Thayan black or red orc PC’s effective character level (ECL) is its class level +1. For
example, a 5th-level Thayan black orc rogue has an ECL of 6 and is the equivalent of a 6th-level character. See the
Powerful Races sidebar on page 21 of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting for more information.
>>
>>54509247
The others are in races of faerun. Want a dump of the writeups or do you have it?
>>
>>54509410
Wait, I thought you said that there was already a 5e conversion of Gray Orcs, Orogs and Ondonti as PC races?

If somebody else has done those races as PCs in 5e, I can't really do anything for you. But, if they also need to be done from scratch for 5e, I can try and set you up there.
>>
>>54509472
Full-blooded versions have been written up, but those ones have no half orc subrace. Only half orc available is for the typical mountain orcs.

Thayan full blooded orcs would be handy, as would half orc of the other varieties.
>>
>>54509522
...I do not hve access to the 5e PC writeups of those fullblood races. I cannot base a half-orc off of them if I do not know the fullbloods' stats.

Hell, I don't really know if half-orcs *can* be made to more specifically resemble those races!

I can make you 5e Neo-Orogs, but half-breeds? I honestly don't think I can.
>>
>>54509657
Hmm. Well the neo-orogs, or Thayan red/black orcs would be of definite value to me.

Would sharing the other 5e orcs race stats help you do so?
>>
>>54509715
It might help. Like I said, there's no real clear correlations between the Half-Orc we have and the Pureblood Orc we got from Volo's Guide. It doesn't have the same inherent flexibility as the Half-Elf.

You give me the Ondonti and Gray Orc stats you're using, and I can try and cook up a half-orc version of them, but I am contractually obligated to warn you that it might not be possible to make a half-orc be anything more than a watered down version of them.
>>
Neo-Orog
Also known as "Thayan Orcs", Neo-Orogs are magically bred and augmented orcs whose ancestry contains ogre and other, less reputable creatures. Two distinct strains exist; Reds serve as loyal warrior-slaves, whilst Blacks are used for stealth missions.

Neo-Orog
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Constitution
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points, but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You cannot use this feature again until you complete a long rest.
Military Training: You have Proficiency with one Martial weapon of your choice.
Subrace: Choose either the Red Neo-Orog or the Black Neo-Orog subrace.

Red Neo-Orog
Ability Score Increase: +2 Strength
Powerful Build: You are considered to be one size category larger to determine your Pushing, Pulling, Dragging, Lifting and Carrying Capacity.
War Cry: As an action, you can scream a war cry that grants all allies within 30 feet that can hear it a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls until the end of your next turn. After using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a short rest or a long rest.

Black Neo-Orog
Ability Score Increase: +2 Dexterity
Stealthy: You have Proficiency in Stealth.
>>
>>54509809
Gray Orc Traits (5e)
Smaller, but faster than their mountain kin, gray orcs are also
more zealous in their faith with many becoming clerics, as
well as barbarians.
Ability Score Increases. Your Strength score increases by
2, your Wisdom score increases by 1, and your Intelligence
score is reduced by 2.
Age. Gray orcs live longer than mountain orcs. They reach
adulthood at age 14 and live up to 75 years.
Alignment. Like their mountain kin, gray orcs are brutal
raiders that believe they should conquer the world. They
respect strength and faith and little else. They are usually
chaotic evil.
Size. Somewhat smaller than the mountain orcs of the west,
gray orcs are closer in size to most half-orcs, averaging about
6 feet tall and 215 pounds. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet.
Darkvision. Accustomed to hunting in the darkness and
leery of the light, you have superior vision in dark and dim
conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as
if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light.
You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Aggressive. As a bonus action, you can move up to your
speed toward an enemy of your choice that you can see or
hear. You must end this move closer to the enemy than you
started.
>>
Keen Scent. You gain advantage on Wisdom (Perception)
checks involving smell and, if you are trained in Survival,
advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track another
creature.
In addition, you can smell the presence and general
direction—but not the exact location—of a hidden or invisible
creature within 30 feet of you with a passive Wisdom
(Perception) check contested by the creature’s Dexterity
(Stealth) check. The DM can grant one or the other of the
checks advantage or disadvantage based on the circumstances.
For example, the DM can grant you advantage on your
Wisdom (Perception) check if you are downwind from the
creature or disadvantage if you are upwind. Similarly, DM
can grant the creature disadvantage on its Dexterity (Stealth)
check if it emits a particularly strong odor—such as a skunk,
ghast, or troglodyte—or advantage if it is hidden amidst a
particularly strong odor—such as rotting garbage.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and
Orc.
>>
Ondonti Traits (5e)
Saved by Eldath, the Goddess of Singing Waters, ondonti
now share little in common with the gray orcs they once were.
They are blessed with divine power to protect themselves and
often join the druid Circle of the Fountain (available for free
through the DM's Guild) or serve as life clerics of Eldath.
Ability Score Increases. Your Constitution score increases
by 2 and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
Age. Ondonti have attained a longer lifespan than other orcs
as a result of their harmonious culture and curative divine
magic. They reach adulthood at age 14 and regularly live up
to 60 years with many others living to age 85 or a bit longer.
Alignment. As followers of Eldath, ondontis are nearly the
opposite of orcs: peaceful, kind, and dependable. They are
usually lawful good or neutral good.
Size. Like gray orcs, ondonti average 6 feet tall and 215
pounds. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet.
Benedictions of Eldath. You can cast purify food and drink
as a ritual. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast sanctuary
on yourself once with this trait. When you reach 5th level,
you can cast barkskin on yourself once with this trait. When
you reach 7th level, you can cast flow into plants on yourself
once with this trait. This spell work the same as meld into
stone (PH 259), except it allows you to step into a non-
sentient plant, such as a tree or shrub, large enough to fully
contain your body instead of stone, you retain the ability see
what occurs outside the plant, and you do not suffer
disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks to hear while
melded into the plant. You don’t need material components
for any of the spells. You regain the ability to cast the spells
when you finish a long rest. Wisdom is your spellcasting
ability for these spells.
>>
Keen Scent. You gain advantage on Wisdom (Perception)
checks involving smell and, if you are trained in Survival,
advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track another
creature.
In addition, you can smell the presence and general
direction—but not the exact location—of a hidden or invisible
creature within 30 feet of you with a passive Wisdom
(Perception) check contested by the creature’s Dexterity
(Stealth) check. The DM can grant one or the other of the
checks advantage or disadvantage based on the circumstances.
For example, the DM can grant you advantage on your
Wisdom (Perception) check if you are downwind from the
creature or disadvantage if you are upwind. Similarly, DM
can grant the creature disadvantage on its Dexterity (Stealth)
check if it emits a particularly strong odor—such as a skunk,
ghast, or troglodyte—or advantage if it is hidden amidst a
particularly strong odor—such as rotting garbage.
Serenity Blessing. You have advantage on saving throws
against being charmed or frightened.
Druidic (PH 66).
>>
Orog Traits (5e)
Blessed by Luthic the Cave Mother with greater intellect, as
well as might, orogs are native to the Underdark. While most
are barbarians, especially bear totem barbarians, they boast a
surprising number of bards whose teachings mimic those of
Not for resale. Permission granted to print or photocopy this document for personal use only . FORGOTTEN CHARACTERS 20
the College of Valor.
Ability Score Increases: Your Strength score increases by 2
your Charisma score increases by 1, and your Intelligence
score is reduced by 2.
Age. Orogs are longer lived then their mountain forebears.
They reach adulthood at age 12 and live up to 60 years.
Alignment. Most orogs, whether born to normal orcs or to
orog tribes of the Underdark, are steeped in the teachings of
Luthic. They are quick to rise to battle, but are just as
comfortable holding back to maintain the strength of the tribe
and revel in the spoils of war, including the taking of slaves
and brutalizing of those they subjugate. They are usually
neutral evil or chaotic evil.
Size. Orogs are larger than mountain orcs. They average
just over 7 feet tall and more than 350 pounds. Your size is
Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision. Accustomed to life in the Underdark, you have
superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in
dim light within 120 feet of you as if it were bright light, and
in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in
darkness, only shades of gray.
Sunlight Sensitivity. You have disadvantage on attack rolls
and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when
you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to
perceive is in direct sunlight.
>>
Aggressive. As a bonus action, you can move up to your
speed toward an enemy of your choice that you can see or
hear. You must end this move closer to the enemy than you
started.
Armor- and Weaponsmiths. Over the centuries, the orogs
have mastered the art of forging armor and weapons of the
deep metals found in the Underdark. An orog rarely goes
anywhere without being fully armed and armored. You gain
proficiency with smith’s tools.
Cave Mother’s Endurance. The Cave Mother has blessed
you with toughened muscles and sinew that allow you ignore
injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to
roll a d8. Add your Constitution modifier to the number
rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this
trait, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long
rest.
Menacing. You are trained in the Intimidation skill.
Mighty Build. You add your proficiency bonus to all
Strength checks to push, pull, drag, lift, or break things
(treated as proficiency in the Might skill [see below] in some
campaigns) and count as one size larger when determining
your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or
lift.
Orc.
>>
>>54510056
Perhaps the PHB orc should be watered down so that it can handle subraces better, and then it can be more like the Volo guide mountain orc?

Make it more like half elf?

Just an idea.
>>
>>54510295
My players haven't started building yet, I've got no issue replacing half orc if it can be done better.
>>
>>54510295
...I don't think I'm understanding what you're saying, but no, I would NOT mke the Volo's Guide Orc stats replace the Half-Orc stats, because I find the VG Orc stats atrocious.

You could have cut down those racial descriptions, but give me a minute or two, and I'll try a "sub-racial" half-orc...
>>
>>54510380
I'm not suggesting using vg orc stats instead of half orcs, simply using them as inspiration for a mountain orc subrace (or making a new mountain orc/mountain half orc based on older edition orc stats if the vg ones are too terrible.)

Sorry about the lengthy stats. It's a copy paste, I'm on a phone.

I figured the full stats might be more useful.
>>
Half-Orc, Subrace Style
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Strength
Menacing: You gain Proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
Orcish Heritage: Choose the Mountain Orc, Gray Orc, Orog, Red Neo-Orog, Black Neo-Orog, or Ondonti lineage. The subrace you choose determines your racial traits.

Mountain Orc Lineage
Relentless Endurance: As per PHB Half-Orc.
Savage Attack: As per PHB Half-Orc.

Gary Orc Lineage:
Aggressive. As a bonus action, you can move up to your speed toward an enemy of your choice that you can see or hear. You must end this move closer to the enemy than you started.
Keen Scent: As per Gray Orc.

Ondonti Lineage:
Benedictions of Eldath: As per Ondonti.

Orog Lineage
Superior Darkvision: Your Darkvision is 120 feet.
Sunlight Sensitivity: As per Orog.
Cave Mother's Endurance: As per Orog.

Red Neo-Orog
War Cry: As per Red Neo-Orog.

Black Neo-Orog
Ability Score Increase: +1 Dexterity
Stealthy: You have Proficiency in Stealth.
>>
>>54510526
I think I like it!

This is my favorite one you've done so far.
>>
>>54510526
>Gary Orc
>>
>>54510763
Smell ya later!
>>
File: Gary1.jpg (39KB, 445x333px) Image search: [Google]
Gary1.jpg
39KB, 445x333px
>>54510805
>>
>>54507042
I found this:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3hIKKBE0yCafkpodEhjMDVBLWVzQjVILVlDeEFKWHRfc2hzMTR2eWVvb0t6Tm9FWmU4a0U
>>
>>54511002
Shit. That's a great find. Thanks man!
>>
>>54507166
Wonder what happened to that anon...

Degenerate Gith
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Intelligence
Telekinetic Leap: You always count as making a running start when making a jump check. When making a long jump, you can leap a number of feet equal to twice your Strength score, even if this is in excess of 20 feet. When making a high jump, you can leap 5 + your Strength modifier feet.
Claws: You have a Climb speed of 15 feet and can use your claws as natural weapons when making an unarmed strike. A claw attack inflicts 1d4 + Str modifier Slashing damage instead of the normal Bludgeoning damage for an unarmed strike.
>>
>>54511267
>Wonder what happened to Githyanki Anon?
Was busy, afk. checking back in now.

I like it.

>>54511267
Do you have like, a google doc with all the races you've built so far?
>>
>>54512569
Yeah, I do, but I figure most anons never want to dare step foot in it. Still, since you asked...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XovWm65MSmIzQWSMDMXo0_aIpZgq9YSa2KkpO3kThS4/edit#
>>
>>54512622
I could always use a collection of new content to add to my games, anon. Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>54512823
No worries. I like expanding it - I dream of converting as much of the material from Basic, AD&D, 4th and PF as I can - but what I'm really desperate for is to try and get it all balanced.
>>
>>54512860
Yeah, I can see that. Good dream.

I want something similar, but in my case its about forgotten realms/planescape spells, classes, and "Prestige Classes" (which would not remain as such).
>>
>>54512892
Do you use 5etools?

I would suggest making a backup of them. Not only because it's likely to get C&D'ed eventually, but also because you can customize it and add all your homebrew in.
>>
>>54512933
Whoops, meant to tag OP (>>54512860).
>>
>>54512933
C&D'ed? I don't follow what you mean? Also, no, I've never heard of 5etools before.
>>
>>54512956
oh. well do I ever have a treat for you then.

>>54509175
At the top of the 5eg OP. 5etools link. Then if you (instead of opening 5eools when you go to the landing page) go to his github, and to his "the meat" astranauta repo, you can download a local copy, which you can easily reupload to github for yourself, or host elsewhere.

The data files are plaintext .json files. Very easy to edit.
>>
>>54512956
In my personal copy of 5etools (in addition to a straight backup I have just in case) I've been stripping out the options I'm not allowing, and adding the options I am allowing, including my personal houserules and any homebrew I'm going to make use of.

The idea being that the players in my game can just look at a single source and build their characters, without having to mentally keep track of what options they are or are not allowed to use, and what options have been changed.

Everything they see, will be as it works in my campaign.
>>
>>54512956
Re: Githzerai: Curious: Why doesn't Shield of Will just work as a wis-based natural armor?
>>
>>54513228
I wrote that draft of the Githzerai before Volo's Guide came out and we had a canonical example of natural armor as a racial trait to go off of.

It honestly never occured to me to rewrite it to be more like "your unarmored AC is 13 + Wis modifier", but now that you bring it up, that would work a LOT smoother.

Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>54513258
Sure, no problem!

"Inertial Armor: Your mind projects an invisible psychic shield to protect you from harm. When you aren't wearing armor, your AC is 13 + your Wisdom modifier. You can use your inertial armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your inertial armor."
>>
>>54513258
I was just looking at the wildspace gith and comparing it to the 2e writeup, and then realized: All gith have Darkvision - which makes sense given that they were underdark humans experimented on by Illithids.
>>
>>54503294
Could have been simpler

Lythari
+1 Con
Pack tactics
Shapechange 1 time per long rest (wolf at lvl 1, dire wolf at lvl 11 and frost wolf at lvl 18)

Simple.
I didn't know that they had a hybrid form tho...
>>
>>54503376
These should have been

Rockseer
+1 Int
20ft climb speed
once per rest hide in front of a rock surface and become invisible as long as you stand still
+5ft reach on melee weapon attacks
>>
>>54487966
>Seacliff Dwarf
BEACH DWARVES ARE REAAAAAAALLLLL
>>
>>54513258
Gith (With Subraces?)
+2 Int
Darkvision, Fortress of Discipline, Hand of Will.

Githzerai and Degenerates override the +2 Int.
Keep other Subrace Abilities as-is.

Would you consider any kind of racial magics for them, beyond mage hand? They all have their own flavorful list of psionics.

(MM3.5)
'Yanki
Daze, Mage Hand, Blur, Dimension Door, Telekinesis, Plane Shift.

'Zerai
Daze, Feather Fall, Shatter, Plane Shift

Wildspace
http://www.spelljammer.org/monsters/conversions/PirateOfGith.html (I dont have the original source)
True Strike, Detect Thoughts, Plane Shift.

I'm not familiar with the Dark Sun ones at all.

Just a thought.
>>
>>54513308
Uh, I don't know where you got that info from, because I'm literally looking at their AD&D statblocks right now, and NONE of them had Infravision - the AD&D precursor to Darkvision - back then. 3rd edition might have given it to them, but it's not one of their traditional abilities.

>>54513318
Their original stats are kind of blurry. As for shapechanging, I had to give them specific limitations, because just "wildshape into a wolf 1/day" was pretty much universally derided as overpowered in /5eg/. Also, I gave them the upgrade to Dire Wolf because their wolf-form is described as being "as big as a pony" in their AD&D writeup.

>>54513338
Only if you're referring to the rock elves that /tg/ apparently made on their own. I based these on the actual D&D rock elves from AD&D, which have no such climbing speed: http://www.lomion.de/cmm/elfrocse.php

>>54513444
Eh, I felt it was more appropriate to craft entirely seperate race blocks for them. Every Gith variety is incredibly unique; even the mainstream 'zerai and 'yanki have been reshaped by centuries of adaptation to different planes. There's probably less in common between them than there is between the different elf subraces.

Most of those spell-like abilities are too powerful to be given access to s a racial ability in 5e.

Remember, nothing we have in 5e so far has anything stronger than a single 2nd level spell 1/day. Telekinesis is a freaking 5th level spell; way too strong.

Don't forget, many "racial powers" amongst monsters in non-3e species derive from their running on different rules to PCs. That's why we had entirely seperate statblocks for vampires, elven vampires, dwarven vampires, gnomish vampires and halfling vampires.

You want Telekinesis as a githyanki PC? Be a wizard or a mystic and score it the hard way.

As for the original sources on the Degenerate and Pirate Gith:
http://www.lomion.de/cmm/gith.php
http://www.lomion.de/cmm/githpira.php
>>
>>54487817
Any chance we might see Slaadi?

I'd also be interested in playables of various other outsider types, both pathfinder varieties or D&D (1e, 2e, and 3e) varieties.

Angels, Agathions (Guardinals), Azata (Eladrin), Axiomites, Daemons (PF Variety), Yugoloths, Demons, Demodands, Devils, Denizen of Leng, Einherji/Valkyrie, Genies.

There's a lot to work with there that could be fun for an extraplanar campaign. Sure some of them wouldn't work as playables, but a lot of them are largely padded numbers on top of what *Could* be a playable race, perhaps with some abilities locked behind optional feats, or as ACFs.
>>
>>54513980
I was looking at 3e statblocks, yeah. Huh. how about that. Not in the 2e statblocks.

>>54513980
Drow Magic grants Dispel Magic (3) 1/day.
>>
>>54513999
I...hmm... you know, there were a bunch of monster classes for celestials and half-elementals in Dragon's 3e years. I'd need a ton of help with that because Outsiders have never really interested me that much, but it's certainly plausible.

>>54514054
...Drow Magic grants you Dancing Lights (Cantrip), Faerie Fire (1st level spell) and Darkness (2nd level spell).

I don't know what source you're looking at, because it can't be the 5e PHB.
>>
>>54487817
Running an Underdark Campaign. Any chance of Quaggoth stats?
>>
>>54514082
I'm looking at Unearthed arcana: feats for races.

Regarding your comment about monsters on different rules? Githyanki pcs got that stuff too. SLAs are not such a big deal when granted at or after the levels where classes can cast the spell. But yeah, i do agree that higher level spells don't come baked into any of the existing races without specializing into them.

Certainly helpful, but not game breaking.

One way you could do it without going off the rails so much is to add the spells to whatever spell list you have as free prepared spells. Then you're restricted by whatever spell slots you already have.
>>
>>54514099
I was about to crash for the night, but I can hold out long enough to give it a shot. See if you anons can keep this thread from getting booted before I wake up.

Quaggoth
Vision: Darkvision 120 feet
Clambering Beast: You have a Climb speed of 30 feet.
Great Claws: You have claws, which you can use as a natural weapon to make an Unarmed Strike with. Doing so allows you to inflict 1d6+Str modifier Slashing damage instead of the normal bludgeoning damage.
Toxic Proofed: You have Immunity to Poison damage and the Poisoned Condition.
Bloodied Fury: Once per long rest, as a Reaction to taking damage from a direct enemy attack, you can enter a berserk rage. This state lasts for 1 minute, during which time you have Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws, and a +1 damage bonus on melee weapon attacks using Strength, and Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing Damage. Your rage ends prematurely if your are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1 instead, and you can enter a Rage as a Reaction to taking damage from a direct enemy attack.
>>
>>54514177
Thanks dude! I'm about to sleep to, but I'll see what I can do. If it dies I will be keeping an eye out for the next one.
>>
>>54493021
If you're going to do player races for 5e, shouldn't you be basing them off the 5e versions if they are available?
>>
>>54514306
As the guy who requested it, I'm glad he didn't. I mean, if you want to use the new stuff as supplemental, fine, but if something in the new editions contradicts the older material, I would much prefer the retcon-free version, unless there's a game balance reason it needs to change.
>>
>>54514324
>Retcon free
That is a weird way of putting it, in terms of monster design I wouldn't really call it a retcon but you're not exactly wrong either. Personally I'd say that the new stuff is better and mroe interesting in terms of design but eh.

>>54514133
>Feats for Races

Emphasis on the feat part. In 5e, depending on your class, a Feat is a pretty big resource to spend
>>
How much money should a merc/adventurer be paid per job/day/week/other?
>>
>>54487817
I want to see Hagspawn and Changelings (the haggish kind, we already got the doppleganger).
>>
>>54516484
I'll need to write Hagspawn when I get up, but Changelings - or, rather, "Haglings", I can give you. These are very old efforts, and I'm certain they're unbalanced, so I'm really wanting to fix them up.
>>
>>54516484
Hagling Racial Core:
Ability Modifier: +2 Charisma
Claws: A hagling’s Unarmed Strikes do d4 slashing damage.
Haggish Ancestry: A hagling belongs to the lineage of a particular kind of hag. Choose one of the Hag Ancestry options to determine the rest of your racial modifiers and abilities. The options are Annis Hag, Green Hag, Sea Hag, Night Hag, Blood Hag, Mute Hag, Storm Hag, Mute Hag, and Winter Hag.

Annis Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Strength
Claws of Iron: An annis hagling does 1d6 slashing damage with her unarmed strikes instead of 1d4.
Hulking Witch: An annis hagling that reaches 3rd level may cast the Enlarge/Reduce spell once per long rest, targeting only herself, and only in its Enlarge format. Charisma is the spellcasting ability for this spell.
Unholy Hide: Once per short rest, an annis hagling may grant herself resistance to nonmagical, non-silvered slashing weapons for 1 minute.

Green Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Wisdom
Mimicry: A green hagling may attempt to mimic the voice of a humanoid or the call of an animal. Listeners can attempt to pierce this deception by making a Wisdom (Insight) check. The DC for this saving throw equals 8 + the hagling's Charisma modifier + the hagling's proficiency bonus.
Deceptive Charms: A green hagling knows the Dancing Lights, Minor Illusion and Vicious Mockery cantrips. Charisma is your spellcasting ability score for these cantrips when using this trait.
>>
>>54516484
>>54517812

Sea Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Constitution
Ocean Born: A sea hagling has a Swim speed of 30 feet and Advantage on Strength (Athletics) checks made to swim under difficult conditions.
Sea Lungs: A sea hagling can breath water and air.
Frightful Glare: The gaze of an angry sea hagling can horrify almost as much as the appearance of her hag mother. Once per short rest, a sea hagling may make a gaze attack against any creature that is within 30 feet; targets must pass a Wisdom check or be Frightened for 1 minute. The DC for this saving throw equals 8 + the hagling's Charisma modifier + the hagling's proficiency bonus.

Night Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Intelligence
Somnambulant Charms: A night hagling can cast Sleep as a 1st level spell once per short rest.
Fiendish Resilience: A night hagling has Resistance to Fire and Cold. Once per long rest, a night hagling may grant herself resistance to non-magical, non-silvered bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage for 1 minute.

Blood Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Intelligence
Fireproof: A blood hagling has Resistance to Fire.
Crawling Skin: A blood hagling has Advantage on checks made to physically disguise herself.
Burning Hexcraft: A blood hagling has the following spell-like abilities. A 1st level blood hagling has the Control Flames (Elemental Evil Player's Guide) and Fire Bolt cantrips. At 3rd level, she gains the ability to cast Burning Hands once per short rest as a 1st level spell. At 5th level, she gains the ability to cast Aganazzar's Scorcher (Elemental Evil Player's Guide) once per short rest as a 2nd level spell.
>>
>>54516484
>>54517812
Mute Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Wisdom
Blind: A mute hagling's eyes do not function, leaving them blind, though their mystical heritage enables them to adapt. A mute hagling automatically fails all checks based on sight. However, she has Blindsight 60 feet instead of Darkvision 60 feet. Additionally, she has Advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks made using any of her other senses.
Mute: A mute hagling does not have a voice, at least not one that can be heard with the ears. A mute hagling may communicate with a single creature within 30 feet by use of telepathy, but cannot make any verbal sounds.
Thief of Sight: A mute hagling gains two spell-like abilities, each of which that she may use once per short rest, upon reaching third level. She may use Invisibility (self only) and Blindness (as per Blindness/Deafness, but can only inflict the Blind condition), both as 2nd level spells.

Storm Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Dexterity
Stormborn: A storm hagling has Resistance to Lightning and Thunder damage.
Claws of the Storm: A storm hagling inflicts Slashing and Lightning damage with her unarmed strikes.
Windherder: A storm hagling knows the Gust and Thunderclap cantrips as spell-like abilities. Both are found in the Elemental Evil Player's Companion. When cast with this trait, Charisma is your spellcasting ability score.
>>
>>54516484
>>54517812
Winter Hag Ancestry:
Ability Modifier: +1 Constitution
Frostlaced Flesh: A winter hagling has Resistance to cold damage, leaves no tracks in snow, and has Advantage on any checks made to survive in a cold environment.
Breath of Winter: A winter hagling has a breath weapon that she may use once per short rest. This breath weapon is a 15ft cone that inflicts Cold damage and forces those caught within it to make a DC (8 + hagling's Con bonus + hagling's proficiency bonus) Constitution save. Targets that succeed in this save take only half damage. The winter hagling's breath weapon inflicts 2d6 Cold damage, increasing to 3D6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level.
>>
>>54490971
There's always magical darkness. Even regular darkness imposes disadvantage on perception checks.
>>
>>54516484
Alright, now, I want to do a Hagspawn race for you, but I have to ask how closely you want it to match up with the 3.5 version, because that one was really quite boring.

It's essentially a super-charged half-orc in 3.5: +2s in Str/Con, -2 Cha, Monstrous Humanoid type (which I think gave it protection against a lot of spells?), +2 natural armor, and Spell Resistance 11+Character Level.

I have some rudimentary ides for a Hagpawn, but it doesn't perfectly translate this profile at all.
>>
>>54514512
>That's why I suggested it. As a possibility for racial feats. I get that the higher level stuff doesn't fit into the limited race framework without being better than the existing options.

>it's not a retconning if it's monster design
It is if they're used in-setting and had abilities they no longer have, or have been given abilities that significantly change them from what they were in the source material. Particularly if you're using them on the player side, adapting them to races.

Im all for drawing from newer sources *as well as* older sources, but anything from the older sources of narrative significance should be worked in, somehow.
>>
>>54520923
I think they're looking to cover the pf race.
>>
>>54521431
They want both the all-male Hagspawn from Forgotten Realms: Unapproachable East and the all-female Hag Changeling from Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide.

I posted my Hag Changeling as the "Hagling" a little ways up-thread, but I need more info before I can give them a Hagspawn.
>>
Alright, folks, I'm going to be away from my comp most of the day. If it's still up when I get back, I'll respond to any race requests or rebalance suggestions made in my absence. If it's down...

Let's be honest, should I make a new edition of this thread? Seriously?

And on a more random query: should non-bipedal races have mechanical traits emphasizing that difference?

I created my original snake-lamia PC race ages ago figuring that there should be mechanical emphasis of its leglessness. Then Plane Shift Amonkhet comes along and IT has a Naga with no mechanical detriments for being a snake-taur at all, or really any reflection of its condition beyond the Constrict natural weapon.
>>
One final post before I go; since we have "tieflings as a subrace" rules courtesy of That Old Black Magic and the Abyssal Tiefling, could a tiefling subrace based on 4e's Blood-Crowned Courtier Tieflings work?

To quote 1d4chan:
"Dragon Magazine #381 featured the Blood-Crowned Courtiers, tieflings who bore direct blood-ties to devils and so had the ability to call upon more conventional diabolic powers. Most notably, they traded Infernal Wrath for Diabolic Transformation, letting them turn into a rampaging fiend once a day for a whole encounter. In this hulked-out state, they had better fire resistance, could regenerate, doubled their Bloodhunt bonus, got +2 to damage rolls, and could target a single foe with the Black Wrath of Hell. This fancy-named title basically let you boost the damage of a successful hit (it triggers on a free action on a hit) for +1d10 per tier damage, and afflict the victim (if they survived) with a save-ends penalty to attack rolls equal to the higher of your Int modifier or your Cha modifier."
>>
>>54523402
You know what? Let's give this a shot, just to spite you all.

Tiefling Subrace: Blood-Crowned Courtier
Ability Score Increase: +1 Strength
Kissed By Hell: You have Resistance to Fire damage.
Diabolic Transformation: As an action, you can shapeshift into the form of a rampaging fiend. For 1 minute, you have Fire Immunity, inflict bonus Fire damage with all of your weapon attacks equal to your Charisma modifier, and increase your Strength modifier by +1. Your transformation ends prematurely if you are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. Once you have used this transformation, you must complete a long rest before you can transform again.

How incredibly overpowered is this, anons?
>>
Requesting deep imaskari pls
>>
Have to lose my net access again now, but one other thing I wanted to ask: I'm trying to pull off hengeyokai as 5e races that DON'T boil down to "one generic race with different beast shape options".

Which means I could really use feedback on my efforts at statting them. Would it be preferable to just link them in the GDoc, or post them here?
>>
>>54497229
So, all we really need is Deep Folk and the Deep Imaskari
>>
>>54527809
Deep imaskari are in fcotr, as are shades.

But i was referring to the others.

Calishites
Chondathans
Damarans
Illuskans
Mulan
Rashemi
Tethyrians
Arkaiun
Bedine
Chultans
Durpari
Ffolk
Gurs
Halruaans
Imaskari
Itzas
Lantanna
Mazticans
Nars
Netherese
Nubari
Raumvirans
Shaarans
Shou
Sossrim
Talfir
Tashalans
Tuigan
Turami
Ulutiuns
Vaasans
Zakharans
>>
>>54527809
Wherearethedeep folk? I'm not familiar with them.
>>
>>54487817
Just noticed your races with natural weapons are not proficient in those natural weapons.
>>
>>54527809
Alright, firstly, I'm really not the man you want to ask for human subraces, because invariably there's no major difference from the core statblocks other than unique access to regional languages, feats or backgrounds. It's too fiddly for me to work because I usually know sod-all about the setting lore.

I can give you Deep Imaskari, though, because Forgotten Realms: Underdark for 3e gave them stats to plunder:

Human Variant: Deep Imaskari
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Dexterity
Vision: Darkvision 120 feet
Sunlight Sensitivity: You suffer Disadvantage on attack rolls and sight-based Perception checks when you, your target or the object of your scrutiny is in direct sunlight.
Magocratic Heritage: You know 1 cantrip of your choice from the Wizard or Warlock spell lists, which uses Intelligence as its spellcasting ability score.
Lurker in the Deep: You have Proficiency in Stealth, with Advantage on Stealth checks made in underground environments.
>>
>>54514306
>>54514324
Just idling along, I wanted to say that if I were to do the "Tolkienian Throwback Tanarukk" from 4e and 5e, I'd probably stat it up like so off the top of my head:

Berserker Tanarukk
Powerful Build: You count as one size category larger to determine your Pushing, Pulling, Dragging, Lifting and Carrying Capacity.
Aggressive: As per Orc (VGtM)
Relentless Endurance: As per Half-Orc (PHB)
Savage Attacks As per Half-Orc (PHB)
Made to Serve: You suffer Disadvantage on saving throws against the Charmed effect.
>>
>>54532279
>>54494347

I just eyeballed this, but it doesn't seem too crazy, and it covers all the bases.

Thoughts?

(I am not OP)

Ogre (Common)
Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, -2 Int
Size: Large
Speed: 35ft.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. Your ties to the Elemental Plane of Fire make your darkvision unusual: everything you see in darkness is in a shade of red.
Large Size. Large Build
• Your size counts as Large when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Long-Limbed

• When you make a melee attack on your turn, your reach for it is 5 feet greater than normal.

Large Footprint

• You take up a 10 foot area instead of a 5-foot area.

*Note: Your weapon damage dice does not change.

Natural Armor. You have a thick hide, like a rhino. When you aren't wearing armor, your AC is 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, and Giant.

Merrow and Ice Spire ogres incoming. Ice Spire may be a bit much.
>>
>>54532424
Ogre (Merrow) *WIP*
Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, -2 Int
Speed: 35ft.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. Your ties to the Elemental Plane of Fire make your darkvision unusual: everything you see in darkness is in a shade of red.
Large Size. Large Build
• Your size counts as Large when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Long-Limbed

• When you make a melee attack on your turn, your reach for it is 5 feet greater than normal.

Large Footprint

Natural Armor. You have a thick hide, like a rhino. When you aren't wearing armor, your AC is 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
Swim. You have a swimming speed of 30.
After being out of the water for 8 hours, you begin to suffocate, taking one level of exhaustion every hour, until you finish a long rest while submerged in water.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, and Giant.
>>
>>54532438
Ogre (Ice Spire) *WIP*
Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, -2 Cha
Speed: 30ft.
Large Size.
Large Build

Long-Limbed

Large Footprint

Ice Spire Born. You're acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 feet. You're also naturally adapted to cold climates, as described in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master's Guide. Additionally, you are immune to the effects of the toxic gas of the Ice Spire Mountain tunnels.
Blood Dance. As a bonus action, you can enter a rage. This state lasts for 1 minute, during which time you have Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws, and a +1 damage bonus on melee weapon attacks using Strength, and Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing Damage. Your rage ends prematurely if your are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1 instead.
>>
>>54532450
And Half-Ogre.

Half-Ogre (Common Ogre)
Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, Int -2
Speed: 30ft.
Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
Long-Limbed. When you make a melee attack on your turn, your reach for it is 5 feet greater than normal.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Giant.

Bugbear is where I looked most.
>>
Turning in for the night, anons. As always, if this thread survives till dawn, I'll tackle any requests made in the night.

Nobody answered my question on if I should make a new one when this one slides into the archives.
>>
>>54532644
Yes, you should.
>>
>>54532424
>>54532438
>>54532628
You might consider giving them proficiency when grappling, even if you're not giving them proficiency on athletics in general
>>
Long story short, I really want a "gain extra tails and thus more magic" feat for my 5e kitsune race, but I know I can't be as feat-draining as the PF version - a kitsune player won't necessarily HAVE 8 feats free over the course of their 20 levels.

Any suggestions on how to pull this off? This is what my writeup looks like so far:

Racial Feat: Fox Magic
Some kitsune are more magical than others. Through deliberate meditation or just the whims of fate, you are amongst those kitsune whose magical potency is naturally greater.

Prerequisite: Race - Kitsune

Effect: Choose one of the Tails listed below. At 3rd level, you gain the ability to cast a single spell determined by that tail. At 5th level, you gain a second spell also determined by that tail. Finally, at 9th level, you gain a third and final spell determined by that tail. Spells cast through this feat are cast at their minimum caster level and use Charisma as their spellcasting ability score. Spells cast through this feat can be used once, and then you must complete a long rest before you can cast them again.

Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you select it, you must select a new Tail to gain.

Special: When you first select a Tail through this feat, you gain an additional tail. You gain a second tail when you gain a spell at 9th level due to this feat. Extra tails are visible in fox and hybrid form and may, at the DM’s discretion, grant you Advantage on Charisma checks against other yokai, who recognize their numbers as a sign of power.

* Tail of Charm: Charm Person at 3rd level, Suggestion at 5th level, Hypnotic Pattern at 9th level.

* Tail of Wrath: Blindness/Deafness at 5th level, Bestow Curse at 9th level.

* Tail of Fire: Burning Hands at 3rd level, Aganazzar's Scorcher at 5th level, Fireball at 9th level.

* Tail of Malice: Crown of Madness at 5th level, Fear at 9th level.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.