[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 52

File: totaldiscord.jpg (248KB, 933x445px) Image search: [Google]
totaldiscord.jpg
248KB, 933x445px
"Due to my strongly held convictions, I wish to stress that this OP in no way endorses a belief in Discord"

Previous: >>54523187

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your stance on Chaos? Play it, Love it, Hate it? Are there any conditions that make it more or less acceptable
>>
File: dire goose.png (1MB, 961x1360px) Image search: [Google]
dire goose.png
1MB, 961x1360px
REEE, ESPER SPIRITS FUCKING NEVER

>>54533999
>What's your stance on Chaos? Play it, Love it, Hate it? Are there any conditions that make it more or less acceptable
I have Norin chaos that I break out when things have gotten stale and an Edric deck completely focused on bringing about The Great Snake Mistake.
>>
File: primalsurge.hq.jpg (170KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
primalsurge.hq.jpg
170KB, 480x680px
>>54533999
>What's your stance on Chaos? Play it, Love it, Hate it? Are there any conditions that make it more or less acceptable

It's fun once in a while

Help me find permanents that can tutor for this sorcery in sultai (BGU)
>>
>>54534060
Runescarred Demon and Razaketh come to mind.
>>
>>54533961
Rhys never was the General. I just got him to stick in the 99. It is a Bant deck. Jenara at the helm because she's innocuous and lets me have something to do if I don't draw the right cards.

>>54533918
I'll admit, I deliberately didn't put this guy in because I hated how I can't populate the clues. I probably should though.

If I can get a creature to stick though, I usually don't have problems with cards. It is when they don't let me that is the problem. That's why I'm thinking Rev.
>>
>>54534060
>>54534079
you can also use creature tutors to find stuff like rune-scarred demon or sidisi, undead vizier, then use those to find primal surge

use pattern of rebirth and eldritch evolution etc
>>
>>54534060
Sidisi, Undead Vizier is the first thing that pops to mind.
>>
>>54534115
>eldritch evolution etc
oh right only permanents

well there's also fierce empath, birthing pod, woodland bellower (which you can use to find fierce empath)

assuming your deck is running tons of utility creatures, having lots of creature tutors wouldn't be bad anyway
>>
>>54534079
>>54534115

thanks!

>>54534128
I have Sidisi and ring of three wishes already, but these suggestions will make the deck more consistent and maybe people will finally save their counterspells
>>
>>54534060
OG Liliana tutors
>>
>>54534092
>playing blue
>doesn't have enough card draw
Anon, something has gone horribly wrong here.
>>
Who is this guy that makes new threads too early?
>>
File: IMG_1827.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1827.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>54534188
I know, I know. I get hellbent on a theme and don't include enough goodstuff.

The list has always been a WIP. I just thought of adding Panharnonicon which would allow me to refill my hand with just an Eternal Witness and one token copy effect in my yard.
>>
>>54534244
>I get hellbent on a theme and don't include enough goodstuff.
I know this feel. It's fucking agony.
>>
>>54534213
some loser who is literally lurking 4chans /tg/ board 24 to make a thread and force some shitty meme every day
>>
>>54534213
A better man than people who wait until after it's been 20 minutes since the last thread was archived.
>>
>>54533999
>Thieves' Auction
>chaos
There's literally no randomness involved.
>>
>>54533999
fucking stupid, i want to play magic not watch you jerk off to retarded cards that make the game last way too long with retarded effects
>>
>>54534287
They originally were gonna call the archetype "Thirty minutes of your life you'll never get back" but "Chaos" was more pithy.
>>
>>54534316
>boo fucking hoo, mean red player disrupted my boardstate throw him out of the playgroup mommy
>>
>>54534287
The trick is resolving it with the other two on the field.
>>
>>54534338
The other two are meme cards. Auction is very legit.
>>
>>54534330
I actually rather like Thieves' Auction, but you must admit it does take a while and frequently doesn't actually put the caster in a more advantageous position.

And I got a monored deck. I run Oblivion Stone and Disk to deal with enchantments, not this.
>>
>>54533999
Chaos spells are fine as long as you aren't just spamming copies of Thieve's Auction or Scrambleverse. If you do, I'm probably scooping and going to ask you to play a different deck next game.
>>
>>54533999
>What's your stance on Chaos?

Its fine if their deck is also tuned to use the chaos it causes to win. It's bad if it's just wrecking up the game for memery.
>>
>>54533999
I'm okay with chaos cards if your general interacts with them in some way to make them less symmetrical. If you're making shit random just to be random, then it's stupid.
>>
>>54534354
>frequently doesn't actually put the caster in a more advantageous position.
And then you play Brand with the 1 extra floated mana
>>
>>54534338
Possibility Storm is also really useful as anti-control tech in Gruul.
>>
>>54534383
That's pretty great. Not symmetrical effect. Though after you do it once, your playgroup will probably know to grab their shit instead.

Still, a Blatant Thievery in Red ain't bad. Even if it is two cards.

Anyone having any luck with a Frenzied Fugue? It can grab enchantments and Walkers. And with a Claws of Gix or Magmaw, it can pretend to be removal.
>>
>>54534426
I mean, it's not a terrible Grab the Reins but getting the second go is a little bit of an outside choice so I'd probably take a temp control with a different upside.
>>
>>54533999
>What's your stance on Chaos?
hate it, anyone who plays chaos doesnt get asked back to the group

also you ever notice how every single person who plays chaos is the same? they sit there giggling to themselves like a retard after they make the game take 3 times as long as if they are some epic troll but they dont realize everyone else at the table hates them. they are so delusional they actually think other people enjoy that shit too
>>
I want to build Allies. I know a bunch of cards that care about creature type in all five colors. I know Flicker works well with Allies, but that's only in UW.

What are some cards in BRG that work well with Allies without being about creature type (got all of them already)?
>>
>>54534448
Aren't the only other permanent temp steals only Word of Seizing and Zealous?
>>
>>54534426
Actually worst case scenario you can grab 1/4 of all permanents on the field, getting the first pick for the current best permanent and bypassing any protection, hexproof etc. If you manage to grab Amulet of Vigor, it almost doubles as an extra turn too.
>>
>>54534480
>permanent
Looks like I need to RTFC. Yeah, that's legit.
>>
Are 10 mana stones (while having 35 lands) out of 16 artifacts too many?
>>
>>54534458
You might want some red cloning and black reanimate to keep your Allies dropping.
Personally I'd make a mardu Allies deck, if not a full blown 5c for fun.
>>
>>54534510
No that's about right.
>>
>>54534510
A bit, imo. Unless your deck benefits from artifact dropping, I'd switch a few of them with other ramp.
>>
>>54534426
Frenzied Fugue can make party Jace party harder.
>>
>>54534385
zada gains advantage off of it. she copies the cantrips while you can storm into more tokens or draw while my opponet is stuck rolling the dice. oh yeah and i can pick which goes of first in case i want to maximize cantrips copies.
>>
>>54534510
Depends on how much creature/land ramp you include, how expensive is your commander and mana curve, etc. If you don't run green or rely on weenies and cheap cantrips, it seems about right.
>>
>>54534485
Right. Because if there are 40 permanents, even if your opponents always pick their own stuff, you still get 10 picks.

Undeniably a strong combination of two cards, but in monored getting both does require some effort.

I might try it, but my monored is Chandra, so...
>>
>>54534555
I play it in Borborygmos bigsorceries.dec. Much easier to get value when most of the time your board is just lands. The Brand is just cherry on top if I manage to draw it.
>>
>>54534512
I'm doing 5 color, but I like an even color split.

I guess a Living Death would almost always end up in my favor. I wonder if any of the red clones are worth.
>>
File: 1445694065928.jpg (99KB, 827x615px) Image search: [Google]
1445694065928.jpg
99KB, 827x615px
I've been making my own custom tokens and want to draw some elves. However there isn't a point in making an elf token if I don't play elves.

How do you play a semi competitive knife ear deck? Who should I look at for the commander? I don't think elfball is a good idea personally.

Will post custom tokens if you guys are interested.
>>
>>54534510
you want more other types of ramp. mana rocks are easy to blow up no one is going to look at a rock and think its bad form to do so. you want to have 2-3 different types of ramp in every deck but try to stay away from creature ramp if you can cause those die to board wipes and stuff
>>
>>54534585
If you can make enough mana, Twinflame is really good at pooping clones. It's usually a win on my Kiki-Jiki deck.
>>
>>54534665
I mean in a nongreen deck it's usually hard to manage good, permanent ramp other than rocks.
>>
>>54534658
Freyalise can be pretty powerful for an elf deck. The problem being, most people won't let her stick long enough.
>>
File: flash.png (272KB, 314x340px) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
272KB, 314x340px
>disgusted with counterspells and how multi-use they are in MTG
> finally decide to build a deck with counterspells for the first time anyway
>use the shittiest, goofiest and jankiest counterspells, stuff like aethersnatch and desertion
>it still feels broken as fuck to counter every board wipe or anything that could threaten me in general
>end up letting stuff pass through because counterspells just feel bad to use

feels bad man

fuck blue
>>
File: ritualofnocolor.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
ritualofnocolor.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54534658
Ezuri, Renegade Leader Elfball is fairly semi-competitive. At least you generally won't come in last.

Rhys the Redeemed is probably the big choice for Elf Tokens

Nath of the Gilt Leaf is likely the strongest commander to make elf tokens

Freyalise is my personal favorite but I play her hard to control/stax, in large part because she is really funny with pic related.
>>
How much fun in 1v1 titania v kalitas?
>>
>>54534739
>fun in 1v1
Anon, I don't know how to tell you this...
>>
>>54534702
Yeah, I think she serves better as a support strategy honestly. My mind is kind of drifting to OG Selvala because two colors enables more strategies.
>>
>>54534711
Just wait until you discover Patron Wizard and Glen Elendra Archm- whoops
>>
>>54534744
But i have no friends :(
>>
File: prepare to kill yourself.png (59KB, 907x266px) Image search: [Google]
prepare to kill yourself.png
59KB, 907x266px
>>54533999
its not a winning strategy
so knock yourself out

also threadly reminder pic related
>>
File: MG_Tallgeese_lower-1-02.jpg (107KB, 700x926px) Image search: [Google]
MG_Tallgeese_lower-1-02.jpg
107KB, 700x926px
>>54534055
>deep goose
>not tall goose
come on!
>>
>>54534279
>20 min after its been archived
this is superior it keeps conversations from being cut off prematurely
>oh no 20 whole min
yeah thats nothing
>>
>>54534354
>and frequently doesn't actually put the caster in a more advantageous position
Frequently red has the least nontoken permanents, it'll always give you more than you have and steal some sweet ETBs.
>>
>>54534682
Yeah, I'm thinking Twinflame and Flameshadow Conjuring. Most Allies ETB are redundant, but a fair share aren't.

Cool beans. This may end up being the explosive deck I've been trying to build to rival my friends. I just need enough recursion and card draw to not fold to wraths, but it is 5 color, I should be fine.
>>
>>54534805
>not using it in RGOmnath for free 8+ tokens, optional goodstuff from the table and a guaranteed blockerless swing
>>
Need to resleeve a couple of my decks and sleeve my new one. What sleeves do people recommend these days? Leaning towards Dragon shields since they come in packs of 100 and have always been durable.
>>
File: stupidest most convoluted combo.png (870KB, 1333x311px) Image search: [Google]
stupidest most convoluted combo.png
870KB, 1333x311px
everyone post their most ridiculous combos. the amount of setup required does not matter. in fact, the more set-up, the better. this combo gives infinite mana as well as the ability to infinitely cast every spell out of their grave repeatedly.
>>
>>54534799
Who cares? At least this thread had an OP and an edition with the previous thread linked, a question AND a title.

We live in desperate times anon.
>>
>>54534887
The one with sky swallower, mind slaver and Chaos Egg.
>>
Is UB draw-go control possible to do well in multiplayer EDH?
>>
>>54534907
i'm not familiar. explain?
>>
File: 253.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>54534913
Yes
its actually quite good
>>
>>54534863
dragon shield is the best sleeve on the market right now and you dont waste money because they come in 100 packs
>>
>>54534863
Dragonshield matte are amazing
I prefer the glossy but thats just me
Watch out for the black matte sleeves specifically they are significantly lower quality than other colors/materials
>>
>>54534887
Fine:

>Blood Moon
>Life and Limb
>Magical Hack naming Forests, swapping it with mountains, targeting life and limb
>March of the Machines
>Enchanted Evening
>Titiana's Boon
>Kraj
>>
>>54534992
I meant mycosynth lattice instead of march of the machines, but you can throw it in there too for extra fun.
>>
>>54534913
Traditional draw-go gets worse the more players you have since you have to get really picky about your counters but if you're willing to amend your plans to account for the fact that you can't stonewall everything, it can work at anything short of cEDH.
>>
>>54534952
Up eclipse is 80 for 8$ meaning 40$ gets you 400 sleeves and dragon sheild would be like 48-52$ for 400 sleeves

Eclipse sleeves are on par if not better than gloss dsheilds
>>
File: Cc-EFsMWIAApbyK.jpg (61KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cc-EFsMWIAApbyK.jpg
61KB, 375x523px
>>54534913
she's not UB, but Rashmi works ridiculously well for draw & go. all your counterspells replace themselves and you get ridiculous value out of stuff like Brainstorm and Ponder. Gitaxian Probe turns into a literal Pot of Greed with Rashmi out

your group will hate you though
>>
File: enchanted-evening.jpg (68KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
enchanted-evening.jpg
68KB, 480x680px
What are some silly things I can do with Enchanted Evening?
I need a janky deck and I wanted to make one that drops EE and bane of progress with indestructibility
what other things could I do?
>>
File: commander-b-gone.jpg (236KB, 1556x309px) Image search: [Google]
commander-b-gone.jpg
236KB, 1556x309px
>>54534887
6WUU: Target Creature Ceases to Exist. Forever. Even if it's a commander.

You can shortcut some of that (and the cost, say, if you use a better token generator than vat) but this version is perfectly repeatable
>>
>>54535078
>pot of greed

What does that card do?!
>>
>>54535075
eclipse sleeves are no where near as durable though, after testing with them for a while now i can 100% say dragon shields are better for the long term. also unless your sleeving all your cards in the same color which most people dont do that theory doesnt work because you have 60 sleeve left over after each deck which is wasteful
>>
File: IMG_7837.jpg (614KB, 2629x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7837.jpg
614KB, 2629x750px
>>54534887

Ashnod's Altar isn't required, just any sac outlet. I prefer it because I think infinite Combat steps is more fun than just infinite damage

After your first combat, before declaring attackers, sacrifice Saffi targeting Reveillark. Then sacrifice Aurelia and Karmic Guide, and lastly Reveillark. Reveillark comes back thanks to Saffi, then use Reveillark to bring back Karmic Guide and Saffi, and when Karmic Guide comes back user her ability to bring back Aurelia, with you are basically attacking with her for the first time again since she is a "new" creature.

Repeat until opponents are dead or the removal sticks.
>>
>>54535112
Opalesence to destroy all lands, there's a merfolk that steals all enchantments when he does combat damage, one sided board wipes with enchantment removal like calming verse
>>
>>54535133
How does that work exactly?
>>
>>54534992
>>54535026
i feel like i'm missing something. what is the end result of this combo?
>>
>>54535112
aura thief
>>
>>54535199
come on, that's not even that out there. karmic guide/reveillark/ashnods is pretty common as a win condition, and you just tacked on something to it. try harder next time.
>>
>>54535199
>you are basically attacking with her for the first time again since she is a "new" creature.
Is that really the case? I thought about that kind of combo before, but dismissed it, thinking it wouldn't be the case.
>>
>>54535320
it is the case, when a card changes zones it becomes a new object. this is why blink in response to removal keeps the creature.
>>
>>54535256
Soul Sculptor makes the victim not a creature
Liquimetal coating makes it an artifact
Bludgeon Brawl makes noncreature artifacts into equipment.
Mimic Vat makes a token
Magnetic Theft (on an isochron scepter) attaches the victim, who is a noncreature artifact and therefore equipment, to the token
Vodalian Illusionist phases the token out.

When an object phases out, anything attached to that object phases out "Indirectly" and will only phase back in with whatever it was attached to. This happens to the victim as an equipment attached to Illusionist's target

When a token Phases Out, it ceases to exist, so nothing phased out indirectly by a token will ever phase back in. See also: the Victim.

Since magnetic theft doesn't change control I do believe even killing the player who executed the combo doesn't bring back the victim (by exiling said victim). There is no command zone rescue clause from Phased Out. So do it to someone's commander and said commander is gone for the rest of the game.
>>
>>54535358
I love this jank
>>
>>54535028
That was my plan. Judicious use of counters and removal until I can like Storm out with Tendrils or something
>>
>>54535358
That's pretty cool, I thought phasing out would be considered zone changes, but that was changed.
>>
>>54535423
Aetherflux is a much better storm wincon in edh. How do you feel about ad nauseum?
>>
Is Rat Tribal fun? Looks like it can get pretty out of hand.
Any spicy tech or must adds?
>>
>>54535491
>>54535423
He's right about Aetherflux (though no reason you can't still use Tendrils and Mind's Desire) but as a warning, Ad Naus decks tend to be one-trick ponies that get old to play real fast because of their fairly harsh deckbuilding restrictions.
>>
>>54535529
It depends on what Rat you're intending to abuse: Relentless is boring as shit. Pack Rat is a little more engaging because discard synergy. Marrow-gnawer is fun as hell for Stax but ultimately is just a worse Krenko in a lot of ways.
>>
>>54533999
>What's your stance on Chaos? Play it, Love it, Hate it? Are there any conditions that make it more or less acceptable?
I know this is just a game but I like to approach it with mature attitude. A player that enters a game to "troll" does not strike me as aligning with my groups temperament. Lolsorandum types are welcome at our table but they never come back for a second round.
>>
>>54535564
>Marrow-gnawer is fun as hell for Stax but ultimately is just a worse Krenko in a lot of ways

i haven't built marrow-gnawer, but simply being in monoblack instead of monored seems like it would make it better than krenko.

krenko is only good if left unchecked. 1 spot removal on krenko is enough to basically ruin its entire gameplan. meanwhile marrow-gnawer will have monoblack goodstuff to fall back on, like the wealth of mana doublers, board resets and Big Black Mana spells
>>
>>54535304

It's the only one I've thought of by myself that isn't actually just a "nonbo". It's not original, but it's the best I can do
>>
File: 1407637223463.png (398KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407637223463.png
398KB, 640x480px
Ok so last thread I posted saying I was building like 6ish decks right now and a dude asked what decks they were so here I go

>Saskia Creatures/Equipment only (85% done, just need to grab a few more dudes like Combat Celebrant, Loxodon Gatekeeper, and both Anafenzas and some rocks)
>Gwafa Hazid I don't have a control-esque deck so I'm making this (50% done, usual W/U pillowfort stuff with lots of pacifism/arrest/counterspell effects)
>Mageta the Lion boardwipes/indestructible matters (50% done, already got most of the good white "Bring back X from the grave" cards, untaps, and wraths)
>Karrthus/Darigaaz/Wasitora Jund Dragons (30ish% done, on hold until C17's out)
>Locust God Spells/draw shit (20% done, basically just him/Niv Mizzet/some stuff from the Jhiora duel deck)
>Dakkon Blackblade (Barely started, so far it's just him, a Burnished Hart, and a Sword of the Animist)

I'll probably finish Saskia soonish for sure but I'm stumped on which of the others to do.
>>
>>54535257
All everything are artifact enchantment mountain forest creatures, that are also 1/1s and kraj has the abilities of everything.
>>
File: 1500935738665.jpg (192KB, 541x767px) Image search: [Google]
1500935738665.jpg
192KB, 541x767px
>>54534887
>>
>>54535614
He trades a lot of Krenko's explosive potential for that goodstuff, though. Rats don't have the ton of lords, the haste enablers, Brightstone Ritual, Goblin War Strike, or even good rat generators to get the count up before the big boss lands. Krenko has his problems, largely related to his color identity, but just by representing a less-supported tribe with no mass haste Marrow is worse at what Krenko does well than Krenko is, even ignoring the "sac rat to start chain for less profit" angle.

So, as I don't think you were contesting, where he shines is in the deck doing things Krenko can't do, rather than trying to compete on the "Tap to double my tokens" game.
>>
>>54535714
I'm at a loss for words
>>
>>54535714
what the fuck is this miscarriage of a combo
>>
>>54535491
Pretty OK with Aetherflux, I run one in Zada to great effect. Ad Naus might be a little too high risk, since the deck I plan on running this stuff in has like 32 lands

I'm really just spitballing at this point
>>
>>54535714
what am I looking at here?
>>
File: 16.jpg (275KB, 1247x445px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
275KB, 1247x445px
>>54534887
>>
>>54535257

Blood Moon turns all Non Basic Lands into Mountains
After Magical Hack, Life and Limb makes all Mountains become 1/1 Saporling Mountains
Mycosynth Lattice makes them all artifacts.
Enchanted Evening makes them all Enchantments.
Titania's Boon puts a +1/+1 on all of your 1/1 Mountain Artifact Enchanment Saporlings
Kraj get "Tap for R" a whole bunch of times that you only activate one of at a time.

I don't get it either.
>>
File: combo.png (631KB, 892x311px) Image search: [Google]
combo.png
631KB, 892x311px
>>54534887
>>
>>54535769
Let me see if I've got this right

>Have all this out
>Grace came out this turn
>Tap Pain land, 1 to the head
>Grace redirects it to the spitemare
>Mare does 1 to a target and repercussion does 1 to you.
>the 1 to you is redirected to spitemare.

Yeah that's a pretty nice infinite, kills every opponent who can get dead from "Damage to target player", and draw the game if anyone is left alive (Say, opponent with Hexproof from a noncreature source or a creature that is itself hexproof)
>>
>>54535804
Add Psychogenic Probe FTW. Make everyone shuffle to death.
>>
>>54535764
Memes.
>>
>>54535769
Time to quietly slot Spitemare into my Basandra deck that already runs Darksteel Plate, Repercussion, and Pariah's Shield.
>>
>>54535736
The issue with draw go is that in more traditional formats it wins off either beats some controlling the board or a combo. In edh if you want to combo out there's no point in playing control, you just need more gas to combo faster with coumterspells to back you up. It really just depends on which combo you want to use (paradox engine, resovoir, high tide, boon weaver, hulk, etc) and what colors you like. The closest thing to what you're looking for that I know of would be the tasigur control list featured on TheLabratoryManiacs. Due to being multi-player the most effective control is either political or symmetrical effects. Stax is basically the easiest option for multi-player control even though that's not quite what you're looking for. A dralnu doomtide list might work. It also depends on how high powered your meta is.
>>
File: GriffinTender.png (1MB, 1560x445px) Image search: [Google]
GriffinTender.png
1MB, 1560x445px
>>54534887
>>
Can someone explain to me why the secondary market is so different between America and Europe?
A friend of mine got a NM Top for 3 Euros on magiccardmarket and on Golfish it's 15$.
Same thing with shit spiking in prize: I just got an Angel of Invention for 1 Euro and on Goldfish it has spiked to 7$.
Is it because I buy cards in my mother language(Italian)?
I thought so, but I bought most of the cards for my Queen Marchesa deck in english and paid like half what sites like Goldfish said I would.
>>
>>54535804
>not adding magus of the future or futuresight
>>
>>54535994
Hype, demand and related shit.
Same happens with a lot of other cardgames.
>>
>>54535953
Don't forget Boros Reckoner, who does the same thing.
>>
>>54535994
>>54535994
three factors

non-english cards are cheaper in general

americans apparently play more kitchen table stuff and thus buy edh staples more aggressively

and finally, americans have a bunch of big card resellers who love to hoard cards and sell them at a profit, and only have other similar companies to compete with. in comparison, the people on magiccardmarket have a fuckton of competition, including people who are just trying to get rid of their cards without making a profit, so prices are naturally lower

tl;dr americans getting cucked with card prices
>>
>>54535797
Not poster but come on guys. Titania's Boon gives Kraj all activated abilities you control. Giving a counter to all creatures some other way would give him all actives.
>>
>>54535710
okay i got that. but it doesn't put +1/+1 counters on your opponents stuff, which is where I'd want them, and most of your things creatures are going to be creatures that just read "t: add R or G to your mana pool" i just wasn't really sure of the utility.

>>54535769
that's great

>>54535804
holy fuck i'm in love

>>54535984
pretty fun, and it'll become more viable during ixilan, there's a 3 cost xenograft coming out
>>
>>54534055
>the great snake mistake
What is that?

Also, RIP the esper spirit dream.
>>
>>54535980
I had planned for Dralnu as the general! What's Doomtide?
>>
>>54536227
The green epic spell copied a bunch of times preferably with hive mind out.
>>
>>54536227
Casting Endless Swarm with Hive Mind in play is the great snake mistake
>>
>>54535804
>it's another Mike infinite combo
Yawn
>>
>>54536260
but do you see what it does?
>>
>>54536260
>poorfag timmy shitter can't into mike combos

typical

i would annihilate you in 1v1 edh
>>
>>54534887
Mine is Eye of the Storm and Knowledge Exploitation. Finite. Doesn't win you the game. Easy to whiff and lose.
>>
File: 1407451800761.jpg (77KB, 720x523px) Image search: [Google]
1407451800761.jpg
77KB, 720x523px
>>54536305
>1v1 edh
>>
File: Infinite time loop then you die.png (610KB, 1115x310px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite time loop then you die.png
610KB, 1115x310px
>>54534887
you can use as forteold instead of omniscience, which makes it a bit more poetic, but then you gotta get 13 fucking counters on it.
>>
>>54536234
Doomsday hightide. The deck is cantrips, tutors, rituals, and counterspells with dralnu to give you redundancy. You win with a doomsday pile. This is a cEDH list that's pretty good http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dralnu-doomtide/ what's your meta like?
>>
>>54536150

Yes, okay. But what does the rest of the combo have to do with it?
>>
>>54536331
oo that's dirty way to deck someone.
>>
>>54535804
>701.16a To shuffle a library or a face-down pile of cards, randomize the cards within it so that no player knows their order.

Because of the definition of shuffling, DCI rulings basically allow for skipping the physical act of shuffling if nobody knows the order of the cards in the library already, so activating it multiple times doesn't do anything if your opponent knows their rights. You'll need something to reveal the top card of your opponent's library, or put a card onto the top or bottom of the library, if you want to actually force them to do it.
>>
>>54536392
>oo that's dirty way to deck everyone.
fixed
>>
>>54536392
I mean, it's basically a Slaver Lock and an infinite turn engine and if you don't manage to kill the rest of the table with your first victim's entire deck you can just move on to the next one in turn order on the upkeep before victim 1 draws from an empty library.
>>
My favorite colour is black. It is in all of my decks and I am happy with that. My playgroup however say that I have to branch out and not include black in my new decks if I want to keep playing. So I am making mono-green Kamahl. Anybody know some cards that will let me abuse making their lands 1/1 creatures? I want to show them I can hurt them with every colour, starting with green.
>>
>>54536421
what if everyone is someone? what if i'm playing duel? stop policing language, faggot. it was fine the way it was.
>>
>>54536331
so i pay the 3 life and emmy goes to the yard?
good try though
>>
>>54536477
they'll sac it when they are controlling the target opponent and make it go back to hand
>>
>>54536496
ohhhhhhhhhhh
i get it now
>>
File: 1499875396915.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1499875396915.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
Can someone tell me if I'm doing this right? I'm still getting stack interactions down

>Karametra, Lotus Cobra and Lifecrafters Bestiary are all on the field and I play a creature
>Karametra trigger, grab a land, cobra trigger get a free mana, bestiary trigger use that mana for a free card
>>
>>54533999
Chaos for chaos sake is idiotic. But if you use chaos cards as a legit win condition (Warp World decks, for instance) I don't mind.
>>
File: magic-ex-hatred-lp.jpg (132KB, 401x550px) Image search: [Google]
magic-ex-hatred-lp.jpg
132KB, 401x550px
>>54536452
I feel you anon, I also have black in all of my decks and it too pisses my friends off
>>
File: mercilesseviction.hq.jpg (188KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
mercilesseviction.hq.jpg
188KB, 480x680px
>>54535112
>tap all mana
>play enchanted evening
>play merciless eviction name enchantments
>play whatever creature with the floating mana
>>
>>54536605
Yup. Because you control all the triggers you get to choose the order they resolve in. Though to be exact, the creature is cast and you stack Kara trigger on top of bestiary, resolve Kara, lotus triggers and resolves, bestiary resolves, your creature resolves. Also priority is passed at each comma in that list.
>>
File: 20170724_095141.jpg (328KB, 776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_095141.jpg
328KB, 776x1000px
>>54533999
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/animar-more-like-animore-counters-1/
How does my casual Animar build look? Any glaring things I missed outside of infinite combo fuckery my playgroup forbids?
>>
>>54536605
Yeah.
You cast the creature spell, Karametra and Bestiary trigger.
You put the triggers on the stack with Bestiary resolving after Karametra.
Karametra resolves, putting a land onto the battlefield.
Lotus Cobra triggers, going onto the stack still above Bestiary. (Note that Cobra's ability is not a mana ability)
Cobra resolves, giving you a mana.
Bestiary resolves, allowing you to spend the mana.
>>
File: 1476903346841.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476903346841.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
sorry in advance for the blogpost
>try to create the strongest Boros deck I can imagine using the 2015 commander
>foil out nearly 100% of it over the course of a couple years
>friend even made me a "foil version" of the commander by cutting out the image from the oversized card and fitting it into the regular frame for my birthday
>is my pride and joy of my commander decks
>get hit by a jester cap effect one game by an anon
>jokingly ask if he's having trouble picking his three cards
>"that's what you get for just running goodstuff"
I was taken aback. I'm sure it's just me being overly sensitive, but I like to think I put in some amount of thought with my deck's construction and not just clump together the highest % cards on edhrec. Anyways, do yall have a deck that's your baby?
>>
>>54536806
>Protean Hulk exploding into 7 zero cost creatures, a dryad arbor, and wurmcoil engine
Why does this sound so funny to me?
>>
>>54536856
>protean hulk, dryad arbor and wurmcoil engine walks into a bar
>>
>>54536806
Get yourself a bane of progress ASAP. Ingot Chewer also isn't a bad idea. I think you could cut down a little on creatures and add some ramp or a mana dork
>>
>>54536905
Good tips, thanks anon. I appreciate it.
>>
>>54536344
It's pretty laid-back, but everyone has one cutthroat deck that they break out for hardcore games.
>>
>>54536784
>>54536829
Alright thanks a lot, that was how I thought it was; choose all your triggers, then have them go off, and other things that happen because of it resolve before the other things on the stack

I'm brewing a deck with a lot of triggers and don't want to slow the game down having people correct me.
>>
>>54536839
Some players really insist that you need to play EDH with garbage bulk cards and will often make comments like "why would anyone spend more than X dollars on cardboard?"
Just ignore them. Making good EDH decks will usually involve lots of "goodstuff". You'd have to have a damn good reason not to run stuff like Wheel of Fortune and Swords to Plowshares if you have them.
>>
>>54536839
i have a semi-competitive breya deck that is tutorless (besides ramp and colourfixing), filled with jank, cheap to build (some of the pieces have gone up since i bought them tho) and can go toe-to-toe with the rest of my playgroups decks, who all run decks between 600-800 dollars, and they are all highly competitive commanders too, like derevi and animar. it's very fun.
>>
>>54536839
boros gets a free pass on playing goodstuff because its fucking boros
>>
>>54533999
While I have never visited the discord the guy crying about it was a huge faggot. I support your non-support of the discord op.
>>
>>54534079
>razaketh
He probably wants legal edh cards
>>
>>54537107
Nice meme
>>
>>54536839
About half my decks are such that if you even imply they're unoriginal, I'll get upset.

I'm tremendously proud of the jank in them.
>>
>>54533999
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
File: IMG_1828.jpg (81KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1828.jpg
81KB, 312x445px
>>54534887
I don't do infinite combos, but this plus Eye of the Storm as close as it gets in my deck.

Mana intense, vulnerable to all instant speed spells, doesn't even win you the game on the spot, can easily lose you the game depending on opponents.

But it is still great fun in Jori En.
>>
>>54537291
>you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info
>"Due to my strongly held convictions, I wish to stress that this OP in no way endorses a belief in Discord"

Your pasta's stale.
>>
>>54534458
U: mass flicker and distant melody
W: flicker and return to the ranks (march from the tomb too)
B: living death + grave hate/ patriarchs bidding
R: shared animosity? Zada + cantrips?
G: not a lot that i know of, ramp and shamanic revelation
>>
>>54537311
Not that anon, but try to read that site adress
>>
y is fastbond banned
>>
>>54536839
Good is my pride and joy. It can be inconsistent, but that's just something I've come to accept as a mono-red player and the deck has snuck up on more people than you'd think. Taking out the entire table on a single turn with a 10/10 unlockable with a shitload of protection is a hell of a thing.

Especially when you use Magnetic Theft to surprise equip a Grafted Exoskeleton.
>>
File: 315.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
315.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Could this card work in a Brago deck? Most of the cards in my deck aren't particularly costly (without counting the lands half of them are <4cmc), and the abundance of flicking effects would usually allow me to use it multiple times per turn
>>
>>54537346
rly nigga?
>>
>>54534658
Selvala, Explorer Returned Dork Tribal. Use untappers like Emerald Charm, Vitaliza, and To Arms!, aggressively tutor for Umbral Mantle and Sword of the Paruns, equip it on a Priest of Titania or Elvish Archdruid.
>>
>>54536190
Well, if you want all the abilities of everything, throw in insurrection and boom, all the abilities of everything, including Maze of Ith, all Planeswalkers, you also control everyone's lands and can sac them to something like Ashnods for ultimate fuckery.

Really you just need mycosynth lattice and March of the Machines and Kraj, but how do you resist having forest mountain enchantment artifact saproling creatures?
>>
>>54537370
Most of the time you'd want the much more versatile Planar Portal or Ring of Three Wishes over Flute, particularly Ring when Brago can reset its counters.
>>
>>54534933
list?
>>
>>54536249
>>54536248
Heh, nice combo.
>>
File: 162[1].jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
162[1].jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>54537291
>>
>>54537291
Just as a point of reference, when I first fucked with the URL it was in a thread called "underrated subtlty edition" with a carnival of souls as the OP image. No one noticed for the first 5 or 6 threads so it made my sad little day multiple times.
>>
>>54537346
Why would it be unbanned?
>>
>>54537346
Crucible of Worlds+Fastbond+Fetch=Play All Lands
Crucible of Worlds+Fastbond+Strip Mine="MLD is so easy!"
>>
>>54536644
Aren't their tears tasty?
>>
>>54537409
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wydwen-dimir-control/
this is one I found on tapped out
I never put my version on tapped out before taking it apart
>>
>>54533999
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
File: 42.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Any way to make this gal work well?
>>
>>54537699
Mycosynth Lettuce
>>
File: no U.jpg (85KB, 521x364px) Image search: [Google]
no U.jpg
85KB, 521x364px
>>54534887
>>
>>54537699
Only way to use it is to have Mycosynth Lettuce. Even then this card is pretty terrible.
>>
>>54537677
And there's the real stale pasta, blithely ignoring the sound of it being unwanted.
>>
File: purchase order.jpg (17KB, 336x337px) Image search: [Google]
purchase order.jpg
17KB, 336x337px
>>54537826
>stale pasta
you sure told him!
>>
>>54537726
Damn, the art looks great though, a shame
>>
Going to be doing some casual edh, so i need a deck with MAXIMUM JANK preferably involving
LANDS
>>
>>54537996
>MAXIMUM JANK preferably involving
>LANDS
you already know theres only one answer and its guildgate tribal with special guest worm harvest
>>
>>54537442
you are a scholar and a gentleman.
Almost every thread I post this first someone tells me that the link is expired and would I please post a new one. Discordloving fags, what can you do.

>>54537441
This card looks fun, I should put it into my Riku.dec
>>
File: 149.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
149.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>54537996
>>
File: 1459337364628.png (104KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459337364628.png
104KB, 450x300px
>pseuds who don't use the Discord
I bet you don't even own a mana crypt.
>>
>>54537996
Child of Alara Maze's End.
>>
File: images (16).jpg (15KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
15KB, 223x311px
Whats the best deck i can make with this commander?
>>
File: file.png (338KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
338KB, 500x380px
>>54538073
>>
>>54538045
>>This card looks fun, I should put it into my Riku.dec

It's too unreliable.
>>
>>54534770
thank you for reminding anon
>>
>>54538154
high tier cEDH.
>>
>>54538208
Not unless you Deadeye Navigator him.
My playgroup plays slightly modified precons so I can get away with dumb shit like that
>>
>>54538154
>Whats the best deck i can make with this commander?
hope you have some spare cash
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/just-froggin-around-the-gitrog-monster-primer/
>>
File: NO WAY FAG.png (129KB, 288x367px) Image search: [Google]
NO WAY FAG.png
129KB, 288x367px
>See a posting for a flash-sale for Archenemy Nicol Bolas on some site
>$38 doesn't sound too bad
>Shipping is $10
>Can get it for $42 on amazon with free shipping
>tfw saw it at Target for $60 the other day

Do you guys think it'll shelfwarm and drop below $40 soon enough? $42 doesn't sound completely awful
>>
>>54537699
SHE DAB
>>
>>54538286
>My playgroup plays slightly modified precons so I can get away with dumb shit like that

This is what we call "Starting an arms race".
>>
>>54535133
Why not just exile it?

pic unrelated.
>>
Man i havent had this much fun in a long time.
Old rakdos a fun ! FUN !
Casting him t3 and then stacking demons n shit for the kill or possibilty storm to make removing him difficult. He folds to real decks but not without blowing lots of shit up first, most of the time anyway.
Also is great with kothoped.
Run 20 mana rocks for fast rakdos
>>
>>54538475
Exiled commanders can just go back to the Command Zone.
>>
>>54534060
Birthing Pod into creature tutors.
>>
>>54538475
If you exile a commander then the commander's controller gets the choice to send it back to the command zone. By phasing it out you give it no way to return since the commander rules have no clause relating to commander phasing out.
>>
>>54538502
>>54538520
It can go back regardless of how he goes out of the game, no? even if you would shuffle it in your deck.
>>
>>54538570
>If a Commander would be put into a library, hand, graveyard or exile from anywhere, its owner may choose to move it to the command zone instead.
Nope. Library, hand, graveyard, exile. Phasing out doesn't count.
>>
>>54538520
mindslaver + any exile is less convoluted and 99% as effective
>>
>>54538621
They can still recur that through arcane methods like that white spell or that artifact.
>>
>>54535431
Phasing was never a zone change. That was the entire idea of phasing.
>>
>>54538621
Riftsweeper and Pull from Eternity. But I agree.
>>
>>54538570
Phasing is really fucking weird in that it isn't actually another zone. Phased out permanents are basically still on the battlefield but get treated as if they don't exist.
>>
>>54538570
A permanent that phases out didn't actually go anywhere. It's still on the battlefield, but it's treated like it doesn't exist.
>>
>>54538621
>everyone post their most ridiculous combos.
>less convoluted
>the file name even says post most convoluted combos
>>
>>54537311
>>54537441
Stop responding.
>>
>>54538570
A commander can go to the command zone if it would be sent to a player's library, hand, graveyard, or exiled zone from anywhere. a phased out permanent has never left the battlefield, it's just locked in a shiny box where the game ignores it for as long as it's phased out -- eternity, if phased out indirectly by a token. Yeah mindslaver + exile is infinitely less convoluted, but the prompt WAS ridiculous combos and at least the phase-out rube goldberg machine does do something wholly unique and just a hair more spiteful than using instant speed exile (or the victim's own exile) while the victim is under player control.
>>
is kiora the carshing wave or the newer kiora viable in any simic edh? which is better?
>>
>>54538073
I actually do, but I want to sell it.
>>
>>54536331
>I'll talk a man into suicide.png
>>
>>54538656
Haha, just like me.
>>
>>54538475
The only way a exile would stick to a commander is if you control the player and keep it exiled.
>>
>>54537893
That it does. There's bunch of cards with cool art stapled on a shit card, unfortunately. Still, that goes both ways
>>
>>54538774
You were never on the battlefield to begin with, anon.
>>
>>54538641
>A status a permanent may have. Phased-in is the default status. Phased-out permanents are treated as though they do not exist. See rule 110.6 and rule 702.25, “Phasing.” (“Phased-out” was a zone in older versions of the rules.)
Actually it was, but that doesn't matter.
>>
How can I make a non janky savra deck? Help me team
>>
>>54538854
Mazirek
The green/black persist creature
>>
>>54538333
Below forty probably not. Check the expected monetary value of the set. It will likely never drop below that significantly
>>
>>54538826
Hey, soldiers play magic too.
>>
>>54538885
got it. I obviously got the grave pacts but what else
>>
>>54538333
why is it so expensive?
>>
>>54538854
>Include Bloodghast, Reassembling Skeleton, and friends
>Good sac outlets: Viscera Seer, Phyrexian Altar, and Phyrexian Plaguelord
>Extra death triggers: Gravepact, Blood Artist, Harvester of Souls
>GB removal cards: Pernicious Deed, Putrefy
Done. Then just add a few supplemental ramp and draw.
>>
>>54538908
And I doubt you're one.
>>
>>54538939
Because it's 4 decks instead of just one like the previous ones.
>>
>>54538946
You're just projecting.
>>
>>54538943
Jared bless you
>>
File: scorp.jpg (28KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
scorp.jpg
28KB, 223x311px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mog-pharau/

How do I make it not absolute dogshit?
>>
File: tfw.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>54538908
>tfw no qt muscly soldier bf to play EDH with
>>
>>54539058
>btw soldier you have a personal meeting with Mike "flay the gays away" Pence in a few minutes
>>
File: dgm-84-melek-izzet-paragon.jpg (288KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
dgm-84-melek-izzet-paragon.jpg
288KB, 672x936px
So I got back into Magic recently, along with a friend who plays Yugioh. He's using a stock Yidris precon and I'm using pic related with a bunch of spellslinger/storm stuff thrown together from my collection (we're playing 1v1 because the MTG community here is nonexistent). He's learning quickly and having fun for the most part, but most games are ending with me just taking a long-ass storm turn or just reiterate+reset+bolt out of nowhere. It's getting kind of old and I want to build something more interactive, ideally cheap and u/r/(x).

Wat do?
>>
File: 190.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
190.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>54539051
By focusing on your theme instead of just shoving random shit like Genesis Chamber in there.
>>
>>54539110
Drop storm and get token generators, keep Melek. That would probably shake things a bit and you can slot Dragonshift as a new wincon
>>
>>54539051
Archfiend of Infir and Tortured Existence.
>>
>>54534887
Drogskol Reaver+Celestial Mantle+Aetherflux Reservoir has killed a whole table for me before
>>
>>54539133
Genesis chamber isn't random shit. It generates tokens for you to kill with waves of -1/-1 counters. It's an objectively better card in this deck than a 5-mana 3/3 that might slow down creatures that you could just board wipe away anyway.
>>
>>54539110
>more interactive, ideally cheap and u/r/(x).
add green and play intet big timmy stuff
or if you actually care about winning animar
>>
>>54539166
>help my deck is shit!
Try not running shit?
>no! This is good shit!
>>
>>54539215
You recommended Kulrath Knight instead of Genesis Chamber. Neither are particularly "good," but at least the latter helps with my game plan.
>>
>>54538310
Hahahaha holy fucking shit 6000 dollars. Ok change of plans, whats a good commander thats not too expensive to build a deck for?
>>
>>54539228
Remember, Kulrath prevents blocking as well. He can sometimes be like Venser's -1 and people suddenly lose the game when they thought they were safe.
>>
>>54539228
I wasn't the same anon, just adding in my own snide comment.
But seriously, Genesis Chamber is bad here. You need too many things in play for it to give you the benefit you want.
Kulrath Knight on the other hand lets all those -1/-1 counters still have extra utility if Scorpion God isn't in play.
>>
>>54539356
You can still build meme frog for cheaper. That's just the cEDH version.
>>
>>54539389
Whats a good budget version of meme frog? On the same token, what are some other fun commanders to build decks around?
>>
>>54539389
>>54539356
not just that but it also has more expensive versions of particular cards
lm pretty sure thats an alpha demonic tutor
>>
>>54539402
http://rainofsalt.com/2017/02/27/no-cash-commander-the-gitrog-monster/
>>
>>54539356
Depends on what you want the commander to do. I mean if you want to do Gitrog on a budget you can get away with just a bit north of 300 and he's one of the most expensive commanders to get to work right since he practically demands crucible, loam, and some annoyingly expensive dredge staples while benefiting more than most from fetches (also expensive).

If you want GY play, Meren isn't too bad. You'll probably want to shell out for Mike but you can pull a lot of shenanigans with bulk-price cards.

Scarab God and Sultai Sidisi can also both have some fun in the 100-200 range.

If you just want dirt fucking cheap you want Krenko but he won't keep you entertained forever. Most of his cards can go into Zada or Gruul Wort, both of which are more strategically satisfying.
>>
File: mirri,catwarrior.hq.jpg (142KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
mirri,catwarrior.hq.jpg
142KB, 480x680px
How about them cats eh? Will their tribe be strong come c17?
>>
>>54539439
They'll be like minotaurs.
>>
>>54539358
Yeah, but this deck probably isn't going to win with combat.

>>54539365
It's also a mana-lite combo piece with phyrexian altar and nether traitor. Also, the entire deck fails if Scorpion God isn't out. So it's not exactly a niche interaction to make sure everyone has a bunch of 1/1s in play before dropping Soul Snuffers or Black Sun's for 1.
>>
>>54539450
minotaurs arent wrecking duel commander atm
so no they arent
the gw legendary cat is poised to be a common 1v1 deck
>>
>>54539133
That creature is so badass.
>>
>>54539423
Thats cheap and beautiful, i love it, thank you
>>
>>54539476
>Yeah, but this deck probably isn't going to win with combat.

I mean, Scorpio is not a small dude. Commander damage is potentially viable.
>>
>>54539431
Can't you get away with getting ramunap excavator instead of paying for crucible
>>
>>54539439
highly likely the strongest tribe spoiled so far.
Having a +3/+3 on turn 1 or 2 is super good
>>
>>54539439
Unless they include a bunch of new utility cats, it's going to be rough to build a commander deck around them.
>>
>>54539486
First I've heard of this. Wouldn't mind hearing more. How is a restrictive sorcery speed giant growth fucking the format? Is it 20 life?

Plus, doesn't really matter. My point is as a viable tribe in multiplayer EDH, they have the bare minimum.

Nice excuse to run Ajani's brother though. Always liked that useless card.
>>
>>54539501
It's a very solid core. People think that Gitrog needs to be a couple hundred dollars minimum, but if you start with that then you can toss in LftL and Crucible when you work up to them. It's a very cheap deck with clear line of upgrade if you like it.
>>
>>54539146
I'll look into it, sounds sweet. I think I have a dragonshift laying around somewhere.
>>54539181
Animar is probably a little too good but Intet seems about right.

Thanks bros.
>>
>>54539544
>Is it 20 life?
it is
>how is free spells in the command zone fucking the format
because they are free and cats are cheap (at least the ones you would play
>>
>>54539356
gitrog doesn't have to be that expensive. the pricing of that has a $600 imperial seal, a $690 version of
mana vault, a $180 version of sol ring, a $280 version of demonic tutor, a $130 version of city of brass, and a $1700 bayou, as well as multiple cards between $20-$60. you can go much cheaper and still have it be a stupid powerful deck.
>>
>>54539574
Yeah after looking through it, the price is definitely inflated cause special versions of some cards
>>
>>54539476
You're trying to go in too many different directions with the deck. The only combos you need should involve Mike or Blowfly Infestation.
>>
>>54539569
Yeah i think im gunna start with that and slowly buy more cards for it over time, thanks man
>>
Does Orzhov have ANY good wincons outside of Debt to the Deathless and Exsanguinate?
>>
>>54539630
Armageddon.
>>
>>54539642
That isn't a wincon on it's own.
>>
>>54539630

Karl lifegain voltron
>>
>>54539630
Anthem Token Beats. Aetherfux.
>>
File: Karona, False God.jpg (142KB, 463x664px) Image search: [Google]
Karona, False God.jpg
142KB, 463x664px
What the fuck do I do with Karona?

Here's where I'm at so far:
>My group is on Cockatrice, so I can go crazy with my $800 mana-base or whatever. That's pretty much handled already
>I want Karona to be a win-condition. Obviously the card is shit so she likely won't be my win-condition *all* of the time, but the deck needs to at least make an effort to not be 5-color goodstuff
>I think Enchantress is the way to go. If I want to actually be swinging with Karona, I'm going to need a bunch of enchantments anyway (all of the Vow cycle, most of the tax-to-attack pillow fort cards, etc), and they'll be important enough that I'll want to recur them, so I think it makes sense to go all the way

So I'm here with Enchantress Karona, but I've never actually built an Enchantress deck. What the fuck do I put in here? How do Enchantress decks even win? Does anyone else have an experience building this?

P.S. I know the deck will never be good. My dream is to see my playgroup using Karona to bludgeon each-other with, at least for a turn or two before they all chain-attack me with her.
>>
>>54539630
Darkest Hour + good teysa
>>
>>54539659
Why not pillowfort and assault suit her
>>
>>54539659
5c Changeling tribal so your guys always get a buff no matter what they pick
>>
>>54539650
Requires an entire new deck.
>>54539657
>Anthem Token Beats
Go on. You have my attention.
>>54539663
Too easily shut the fuck down.
>>
>>54539630
killing/reanimating blowout creatures (iona, avacyn, praetors) or drain creatures like Kokusho/Gray Merchant of Asphodel + the plethora of drain abilities that come with the evil soul sisters: blood artist/zulaport cutthrought. Living Death, Tendrils, repay in kind with - life or Arbitor of Knollridge + Tainted Remedy
>>
>>54539659
Pillowfort the fuck up, Sigil of the Empty Throne, Opalescence/Starfield of Nyx, some changelings or common types in your group like >>54539715 pointed out and Assault Suit.
>>
>>54539630
orzhov is not about big blowouts, it's about death, taxes, and extortion. it's a slow grind to the death. but if you really are in need of big spells, throw in rise of the dark realms. you can also have some combo, i like bw reanimator, and you can easily have a karmic guide/reveillark/gray merchant of asphodel/viscera seer (or any sac outlet)
>>
>>54538310
Is that a 1v1 list? Because I'm not seeing how that deck wins against 3 other players.
>>
>>54539659

Enduring Ideal into a Paradox Haze and Copy Enchantment. On your first upkeep of the next turn grab Divine Intervention. Second ukeep Enchanted Evening and remove a counter from DI. Third upkeep grab Opalesence, destroy all lands as a static effect, remove last encounter from DI, and game ends in draw.

Did it for 5c Cromat and worked.
>>
>>54539726
>ANY wincons
>Too easily shut the fuck down.
beggars are the fucking worst
>>
>>54539752
that deck is almost 100% dedicated to infinite combos, and that's the easiest way to win against 3 players since you beat them all at the same time
>>
File: 141.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>54539630
>>
>>54539752
>I'm not seeing how that deck wins against 3 other players
theres literally a step by step process right under the deck list
>>
>>54539794
one of the best reasons to play Blaxos right there
>>
>>54539726
>Too easily shut the fuck down.
And you consider x spells that basically need you to hit infinite mana in order to kill valid?

You could go with Mike-based combos. Mike/trike is the most recognizable. Also, you know, Karmic/Revillark though I'm not 100% that there's a non-saffi execution?
>>
>>54539794
i used to play this but it almost never made it around the table to my upkeep and it was almost always just a 7 mana waste
>>
>>54539726
It's pretty simple. Get out creatures that make tokens like Teysa, Geist-Honored Monk and an Eldrazi Monument if you're afeard of wipes. White has a ton of "creatures you control have +1/+1".
>>
>>54533999
Today one of my opponents played possibility storm while forgetting that he had on the battlefield that blue enchantment that stop anyone from playing more than one spell each turn.

What should have been a lot of chaos resulted in total lock for everyone except for the guy with luminarch ascension on the ground that won the game after everyone conceded.
>>
>Stance on chaos
Hive mind +eye of the storm + goblin game.

Let the fun begin. Especially if some chuckling asshat drops an instant that isn't a counter...
>>
>>54539630
C-cute!
>>
File: 1494187304483.jpg (23KB, 293x316px) Image search: [Google]
1494187304483.jpg
23KB, 293x316px
>>54540090
>Haha, look at all this epic chaos. Wait until my friends at Reddit hear about this!
Chaos has always been cancer.
>>
File: Spectral Grasp.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Spectral Grasp.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>54539712
>>54539715
>>54539736

Pillowfort's the plan for sure, and Assault Suit is in (along with Spectral Grasp and all of the Vows). Changeling tribal is interesting. I should go through some Changeling and Avatar cards and grab a few.
>>
New Thread

>>54540307
>>54540307
>>54540307
>>54540307
>>
>>54540316
>linking when the thread is on page 4
N-nani!?
>>
Some day we'll reach 350 posts before a new thread is made
But today is not that day
>>
>>54534887
Eon Hub + Infernal Darkness + Glacial Chasm on monoblack
>>
>>54539572
Well, he obviously wasn't designed with 20 life in mind. I'll admit, I forgot it didn't cost 3.
>>
>>54536839
He is the bad player, not you. Jester's Cap has ALWAYS been an anti-combo card. It's card disadvantage that becomes powerful only if your opponent is either a combo deck or serious hard control deck. Jester's Cap against The Deck back in the day could potentially remove all of its wincons and against combo EDH decks can do the same thing or at least cripple the deck but against an aggressive deck like Boros it will be ineffective. He should have targeted someone else probably.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.