[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 26

File: 1498526658990.jpg (139KB, 928x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1498526658990.jpg
139KB, 928x1328px
Previous thread: >>54493339
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/pros-and-cons-and-kickstarters-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Just how retarded is Phil Brucato?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: technocracy.jpg (119KB, 719x367px) Image search: [Google]
technocracy.jpg
119KB, 719x367px
>>54508045
Oppressive, elitist, interested in making sure the trains run on time. Self-reported reason that trees no longer demand blood tribute. The idea that they serve the Exachs, is much the same premise as serving CONTROL or Friend Computer(both interesting ideas some times handled _very_ badly).

Yeah, that's the self-righteousness of the Technocracy. In the end the Technocracy of owod was more often used as the stick against players from doing completely silly things like mind controlling ambassadors in the United Nations. That's if you use them at the high end of their power, which in itself is also silly.

The Techies work much better in its decline and not the over arching Big Brother it can be played as. It suffered from the Global conspiracy bloat that alot of the owod splat factions had. In the end, the Techies are just as much mages as the PCs, and just as human as the PCs. They are better used as a mirror to the players to show how they are fucking up.

>>54508589
I like the OP art
>>
>>54508589
>Just how retarded is Phil Brucato?
Extremely. Also, here is your daily reminder that hes a goat fucker.
>>
>>54508632
Technocracy think what they're doing is right, and ostensibly want a future where all of mankind can be powerful, secure, and safe.

Seers want overt global slavery and subjugation of everyone who isn't them. They're unapologetic about that.
>>
>>54508589

While Phil is a weapons-grade douche, he's only part of the problem. The majority of fault lies with RichT. He's the one who hired Phil and allowed him to make M20 his personal pet project. As the owner, "creative director" and ultimate editorial authority at OPP, RIch had more than ample opportunity to put an end to, or at least mitigate, the abomination that is M20.

Phil is a fool and an ass for much of what was included or omitted in M20, but the buck stops at Rich.
>>
File: candy-magic-candy-dispenser.jpg (33KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
candy-magic-candy-dispenser.jpg
33KB, 300x360px
>>54508676
Arguable you could consider that the Monolith has distanced themselves from their original purpose of uplifting the entirety of mankind, or have simply failed to. Given the time and resources available to them we should all be riding fucking hoover-broads like their POGROM promised in their propaganda (Back to the Future etc etc). I'm certain that their are cracks in the Monolith that are still genuine about uplifting humanity, just as I'm certain that others view global superiority and tyranny as their primary objective.

Both organizations have "won" their respective global magical conflicts. Both of these organizations use Sleeper societies in an attempt to control their awareness of Cosmic truths such as fucking Cthulhu just outside the destroyed asteroid belt. The Techies are either the HumanityFuckYeah protecting the common man against dragons and werewolves, or they are TheMan oppressing and keeping the common man from reaching their potential. The Seers want to keep everything in complete statis because 1) the Exachs said to 2) they get prizes for being good lap dogs 3) the Fallen World is supposedly the best that the Sleepers can hope for.

The Seers believe that the Exachs brought about order from the chaos of the Old World(read the supernal realms/atlantis whateve). And that they are charged to keep the Prison/Jail/Lie/World in tact because the balance of the Fallen World is so delicate to begin with. Of course all is likely fucking Lie and the Seers are mostly just bowing down to the biggest power players in hopes to get candy.
>>
>>54508589
He's not, he's a god.
>>
>>54508925
What would you have to do to the setting to cast Seers as the good side?
>>
>>54508641
Okay this I have to hear, when did he fuck goats?
>>
>>54508996

Make them the only thing holding back the Abyss,if you really wanted. It's entirely possible that, in a universe where the gods of tyranny and control rule, the forces of free will and liberation pose a real risk of causing Armageddon.

The world may suck, but at least it's not as bad as it could be.
>>
File: city-on-fire-vladimir-spasov.jpg (157KB, 708x709px) Image search: [Google]
city-on-fire-vladimir-spasov.jpg
157KB, 708x709px
>>54508996
Pttfffff, the Seers, the good guys?

Nah, hell no. I could make them arguably relatable and run a Seer Chronicle by sending a group of them into a vampire infested city and telling them to clean up the place. A very strong instruction from on-high that this city is ripe for the taking with all manner of wealth and political power that drives those suckers.

You see the vampires are an example of the aberration that ought not belong in the Fallen World, but still persists. They are a chaotic element that brings suffering to the sleepers. And damnit if they aren't putting a strain on the healthcare industry.

I foresee plenty of opportunity from them to magically abuse this population, but in the end the residents of the city replace bloodsucking monsters for sorcerous kings. And then it becomes a question of whether you want more economic growth or better healthcare. You trade one evil for another. And in both cases some people are going to be more better off than others.
>>
>>54509215
The whole point is that it doesn't work that way in the setting as is, but what's the least you can change to make it so that it does.
>>
>>54508632
>They are better used as a mirror to the players to show how they are fucking up.

The problem is if you do that correctly, any sane PC will jump shit and join the Technocracy because, friendly reminder: everything you know and love about the modern age is because of the Technocracy. If the Traditions had their way, everyone who isn't a mage would be a dirt-farmer living a life of utter squalor and completely disenfranchised while mages jacked it to how awesome they are in literal ivory towers made to look like penises.
>>
>>54509262
Because the Technocracy are, by any sane standard, the right side.
>>
>>54509283
Unless you are a glue huffing goat fucker who believes in real magic.
>>
>>54509245

>>54509193
this Anon has an interesting idea.

Having said that Anon has an interesting idea, I'd rather avoid the metaphysical answer here. They're people, they're mages. Organizations can produce terrible results, but individuals in those organizations are doing what they believe to be best. In their best interests, or in the best interests of those they care about. Or the best they have justified for themselves.
>>
>>54509311
What would that have to do with it?
>>
File: Gate-chan.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gate-chan.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>>54509193
Isn't it sorta implied that best waifu is keeping the Abyss at bay?
>>
>>54509332
Brucato literally doesn't understand science or what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually thinks scientists IRL are evil and oppressing freedom.
>>
>>54509354
Except that wasn't M20 actually nicer to the Technocracy than previous books?
>>
>>54509388
He didn't write that section at all, that's why its actually readable.
>>
>>54509311
Wait, does Brucato believe in magic?
>>
>>54508589
More than can be understood by mortal minds.
>>
File: 3-0.png (849KB, 682x977px) Image search: [Google]
3-0.png
849KB, 682x977px
>>54509262
Jumping to the idea that the Technocracy literally invented sliced bread there. I reject the premise that the Technocracy is responsible for every advancement that humanity has been since the Order of Reason was founded. They didn't even give the Bomb to the Americans. Infact they freaked the fuck out that they tested the nuclear bomb in the islands. They honestly thought that the nations would use nuclear power as their new energy source to combat the upcoming energy crisis scheduled for the end of the century. Damn if didn't we fuck that up for them.

Putting that aside, have you considered the possibly of major reforms instead of defecation? I believe there's the New Horizon Council was created in the absence of the old Nine. With new governance could come new policy.
>>
>>54509466
>he literally thought people would cast spells.
But MtAs had been out for 20 years...? I fucking can't wrap my head around this level of stupidity.
>>
>>54509448
>TFW you fuck up a post 4 times.

Yes, its why paradigm was gutted in m20, he literally thought people would cast spells.

He also thought that playing a nephandi would make you IRL evil.

God knows what he thinks eating the wrong food during a game would do.
>>
>>54509495
>people will use the magic in the book to cast real magic
>playing evil makes you evil
He pulled a self-inflicted satanic panic. God damn.
>>
>>54509517
Meant for
>>54509512
>>
>>54509504
There's a section where it talks about 'putting energy into your life' where it talks about Nephandi. It's pretty direct in the implications with him being a 'real life spiritualist'. He's a fucking looney tune.
>>
>>54509448
Yes, he cut back Paradigms from M20 because he thought people would use it to cast real magic.
>>
>>54509495
>>54509504
The funny part being that this fucknugget doesn't even understand actual Occultism either. He has roughly the same knowhow on the 2spooky4me magic he has to censor as the science he attempts to shittalk.
>>
>>54509563
Its just another OPP dev ruining the best part of a game with their ideology. Par for the course with RichT at the helm sadly.
>>
>>54509563
What kind of idiot do you have to be to believe in that shit anyway?
>>
>>54509563

>he cut back Paradigms from M20 because he thought people would use it to cast real magic.

I really want to know how much of this is conjecture and how much of this is true. It would explain a lot. But some sources/references would convince me more.
>>
>>54509605
Not an idiot at all, Brucato's version of occultism is completely non-functional but some magic does work.
>>
>>54509627
As much as I'd love to get into a shitposting contest with you /x/fag, I was talking about thinking that magic published in a 20 year old RPG book would work, not magic in general.
>>
>>54509470
>Putting that aside, have you considered the possibly of major reforms instead of defecation?

I have never considered not shitting all over the Traditions because they have shit all over humanity for thousands of years and continue to do so to this day.
>>
>>54509643
So you concede that some magic does in fact work?
>>
>>54509653
No, but you still completely misread and/or deliberately misinterpreted what I was saying in order to have an excuse to shitpost your retarded beliefs.
>>
/x/fag please invoke some bleach into your stomach or a bullet into your tiny, tiny brain.
>>
>>54509673
Why would I even want to do that? And it's not retarded just because you've never personally seen the evidence of its truth.
>>
>>54509675
Why do you feel the need to immediately go there the second I start saying things? If anyone's being off-topic, it's not me, it's you.
>>
Since there's no gamefinder thread up and all the ones that do come up die almost instantly, this is probably my best shot:
I'm looking to run (Or rather, continue) a Cyberpunk VtM game, and need some players to beef up what I have already.

I say continue because it takes place in the same continuity as a game I ran to completion before, though with only one returning player and character that doesn't mean all too much.

Games are likely to happen on Saturdays after 6:30PM Pacific Standard Time, or at around 2PM PST on Thursdays. With luck, some Sundays could be open as well. This is just due to my sporadic as fuck work schedule.

For more info, or if you want to join, or whatever, just hit me up on Discord; KZh#6787 I'm going to sleep fairly soon, so if I don't respond right away, that's why.
>>
File: 1309481384274189927.jpg (79KB, 800x435px) Image search: [Google]
1309481384274189927.jpg
79KB, 800x435px
>>54509650
My response:
WHERES MY FUCKING HOVERBOARD???
>>
>>54509754
You just didn't want it hard enough.
>>
>>54509736
Oh shit. You using the World of Future Darkness / Cyberpunk 2020 stuff or is it homebrew, also, voice or text?
>>
HE'S BACK
>>
>>54509736
Forgot to note, the game is text-based and run over Roll20.
>>54509806
Using World of Future Darkness/Cyberpunk 2020, with a lot of modifications and such. I have a big design document for it.
>>
>>54509754
In a pile of broken dreams created by the Traditions undermining the Technocracy.

The Technocracy could've given us flying cars if the Traditions would stop being fuck-monglers.

Maybe through a Pentex subsidiary but there's always a price to progress.
>>
So I just read the previous thread.

I am of the opinion that Awakening does not deserve Arthurian Britain as a setting piece. Anyone else agree?
>>
>>54509831
Holy fuck sign me up.
>>
>>54509754
>kneepads
>cum collection bib
They start so young these days
>>
>>54509823
Who's back?
>>
>>54509853
No, because this is actually far more cannon for mage than even the paper thin 'pirates' era justification. Merlin (A cannon CofD mage) is far more important to Camelot than anything about the fae.
>>
>>54509853
Fuck off. You Changeling faggots are all the same. Mage barely touched Dark Eras as much as your gay ass splat did.
>>
>>54509853
>muh homebrew tier setting
no one cares
>>
>>54509689
You'd want to do it because you're a shitposter and you thrive on misery. And what is retarded is ignoring all of science in favor of your placebo/confirmation bias delusions.
>>
>>54509901
Bullshit

Camelot screams 'Fae'. Merlin could easily be remedied into a Wizened instead of a mage.

>>54509903
So? It has way more prevalence than Awakening.

>>54509911
I'm sorry the obviated truth hurts, crap anon.
>>
>>54509714
Your delicate flower act is getting old fast.
>>
>>54509926
>Camelot screams 'Fae'. Merlin could easily be remedied into a Wizened instead of a mage.
Except its already too late for that, given they already wrote Merlin in to the setting years ago.
>>
>>54509912
I am not a shitposter, and what possible joy would I take in the suffering of others. And as I've said before, placebos can't do the impossible and confirmation bias can't give me information I'd have no way of knowing.
>>
>>54509949
no it's pointless because the devs have already decided what they're doing regardless what we think

>>54509926
Just write it yourself fag
>>
>>54509926
Merlin is a fucking Archmage, you self righteous prick.

The entire Arthurian Legend was entirely an orchestration of his set up for the purpose of Ascension.
The Aeon of Fate itself is mirrored after the story, and doesn't have anything to do with the Wyrd.
>>
>>54509939
It's not that I take particular offense at it, it's just strange that you feel the need to post it whenever I say something. If it genuinely bothered me, I wouldn't post on 4chan.
>>
So yeah you guys remember that shitty RL wiztard that molests his hippy coworkers?
>>
>>54509926
Except no. Because changelings cannot do anything remotely as poweful as what merlin does in the arthurian legend.
>>
>>54509997
Living backwards in time stream.
>>
File: Merlin.png (91KB, 1170x507px) Image search: [Google]
Merlin.png
91KB, 1170x507px
Changeling whores can fuck right off
>>
>>54509997
What turning people into squirrels? That's not all that special
>>
CAMELOT BELONGS TO THE MAGES
>>
>>54509992
I don't molest anyone. Can you please stop making things up about me?
>>
>>54510126
It's telling that you couldn't object to any other part of that description.
>>
>>54510126
Yeah its not like he's Phil Brucato, who changed his name to that of a sexually predatory animal and tries to bang women in relationships.
>>
>>54510193
You can tell because he figured out how to post on the internet, ol' Phil couldn't even figure out how to post on reddit so he rage quit an ama.
>>
Ok /x/fag, i'm going to give ONE (1) chance to redeem yourself, stat what you think is ''real magic''.
>>
>>54510218
Not /x/fag but what do you mean by stat?
>>
>>54510258
>What is an E
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/yarr-there-be-a-pirates-dark-era/
>>
>>54510218
Rituals involving the contacting, summoning, and bargaining with of spirits.
>>
What would Brucato think if he saw this thread?
>>
>>54510352
That we all played too many Nephandi.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13526111
>>
>>54510289
Rip changeling fag if people choose arthurian legend.
>>
>>54510373
Your a cuck if you don't think you didn't vote for perfect mix.
>>
>>54510373
>>54510401
Mage deserves it more, but it would be interesting to see both lines together for once.

Especially considering the social stigma amongst its respective fans.
>>
>>54510413
That Mage players are the classic permavirgins, and Changeling players are the only people desperate enough to ever consider rectifying that?
>>
>>54510186
The other parts are misinterpretations of accurate information, that part was completely made up from top to bottom.
>>
>>54510464
>other parts
so you're not a wizard or a hippy. but you still flip your boss's skirt while role playing on the internet
>>
>>54509653
Are you this fucking desperate for validation, that you come shitpost on 4chan just to get someone to say they buy into your retarded worldview?
>>
>>54510537
Wizard is a really overblown term for what I do, and hippie depends on how you define it, but as I said before, I don't have a boss, and I definitely don't sexually assault anyone.
>>
>>54510373
Who the fuck would vote for Changeling?
>>
>>54510543
That's not what I was doing at all, I was just trying to clarify a statement the other poster made that I wasn't sure what it meant.
>>
>>54510563
why the fuck not?
>>
>>54510558
oh so you're just the homeless guy freaking out the librarian staff while jacking it to mlp
>>
>>54510580
Probably because Mage deserves it more, and has actual canon elements surrounding it.

In fact, the entire thing is Mage related.
>>
>>54510580
Because 2e is shaping up to be a disaster so Changeling Dark Eras are a waste of space.
>>
>>54510599
Hey, how he summons his... I don't know any of the character names, The pink one. How he summons her as a Tulpa is between him, his unholy creation and the security guard that has to chase him away and clean up his mess.
>>
>>54510599
No, as I've said before, I do have a job, I work in a cooperative, where we don't have bosses. I am also not homeless, and I would never masturbate in public.
>>
>>54510038
So what can Mages do with Arthurian Britain then if it's all something a big swinging dick NPC Mage is already booked to win at?
>>
>>54510625
Why are you all so drawn to making up foundless stories about me?
>>
>>54510633

Are you stupid?
>>
>>54510633
He's not booked to win at anything, he's booked to make sure the civilization doesn't survive to the modern day, and if you are running the era, you could prevent that by beating him to the punch of archmastery.
>>
>>54510625
Also, that's not how magic actually works anyway.
>>
>>54510645
Its like one, maybe two guys tops, I'm almost positive. And its because you react amusingly.
>>
>>54510663
How is me denying it over and over again amusing?
>>
>>54510625
>Tulpa
What flowers? Lame. Totally not worth the pig's blood
>>
>>54510690
Its more the not catching on to what the other anon's were doing that's amusing.
>>
Is the /x/fag actually retarded?
>>
>>54510700
But I know that they're just making stuff up, what am I missing?
>>
>>54510613
>and has actual canon elements surrounding it.

eh, I never really saw much weight in this argument. opp can get off their ass and *write* some canon surrounding it for changeling for all I care. or, rather, could have before, but it's already been decided.
>>
>>54510648
Just not a magefaggot and not someone who drank the mage-aid. I see that dev post and just see some big swinging dick NPC bullshit rather than somewhere and something regular PCs can do anything in. It's all about Merlin getting to be an arch-faggot and other arch-faggots deciding afterwards to just fucking DELETE everything so anything the PCs do gets wiped too.

>>54510651
That seems somewhat disappointing and, from having followed several of these generals, not unlike the regular goal of a mage game.
>>
>>54510774
Just because Merlin was a cuck and won doesn't mean you can't play normie PCs in Camelot.

It's entirely irrelevant as Archmasters always work behind the curtains.
>>
>>54510792
>Nothing I do as a player matters to the story.
>Why am I playing?
takes GMPC to a whole new level
>>
>>54510792
>>54510826
Given the time period if you stopped Merlin the Aeon of Fate would be completely different.

That said, literally any period game nothing you do really has any impact on anything unless your ST is an alternate history buff and you do a game years later. GMPCs have nothing to do with it. That's just the reality of historical settings.
>>
>>54510774
Wait, why does Merlin have to be a center point in the setting? This is the Dark Ages man. I'd rather go on an adventure into the lost woods to discover the old hag making trinkets out of men she turned into mice. Id rather be in fierce jousting competition against a champion representing my liege's rival. I'd rather message messages between ladies of the castle for intrigue and romance.
>>
>>54510855
>Giant dick swinging Merlin
>Best magician
>Literal king maker
>Not a GMPC
yeah no I don't play owod for a reason
>>
>>54510701
Why is this always your go-to? Why is it always that I'm retarded or stupid or something? You almost never actually address what I'm saying.
>>
>>54510883
>"Old man Merlin has a bigger dick than mine!"

Get over it
>>
>>54510883
So you just don't like mage at all then. That's fine, but don't pretend its about Merlin, a completely player level entity during the literal entirety of Camelot. You just don't like the fact that Imperial Mysteries exists at all.
>>
>>54510937
> so you just don't like mage then
Who would?
>>
>>54510937
>Full Rules for archmasters, including the Practices of the sixth to ninth Arcana dots.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Archmastery is a powerlevel so beyond what I would considering running at my table. Otherwise, the other ideas presented in the book could be interesting to explore, whatever the fuck the Threshold is, or the Supernal Realms.
>>
>>54510937
>player controlled by GM
ick if you want to play don't gm just get someone else to run a game for you
>>
>>54511207
Just like every other npc in the whole world is player level you dumb fucking retard. Not as a PC. Or do you prefer your games to just be empty worlds with no living beings?
>>
File: merlinyn14.jpg (189KB, 614x299px) Image search: [Google]
merlinyn14.jpg
189KB, 614x299px
>>54511259
>He's a nobody. Not important to the story
>He IS the story
Can't have it both ways. He screams GMPC metaplot. and no one likes that kind of crap.
>>
>>54509262
>>54509283
>>54509650
>>54509849
>Memeing this hard for imaginary 4chinz points.
This only really applies to the Verbena.
>>
>>54511432
You're a fucking moron

Kill yourself
>>
File: 1463937810497.png (95KB, 559x490px) Image search: [Google]
1463937810497.png
95KB, 559x490px
>changeling autist is still triggered about merlin and camelot being canon mage fluff
>>
>>54511476
He just doesn't understand Mage because hes never played and doesn't get that one of the primary antagonists in mage is other mages.
>>
DaveB has recently confirmed on rpg.net that Camelot is a Mage / Changeling crossover period, and he personally voted *against* it, and in favor of the Jazz Age (which reeks of the stench of Vampire).

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?806413-CofD-Dark-Eras-2-Kickstarter&p=21254846#post21254846

>Dave is lost to us
>Dave is dead; Long live Dave!
>>
>>54511547
Not surprising he voted against it given he said it shouldn't have a Dark Era in his post explaining Merlin.
>>
>>54511547

HE'S JUST BEING MODEST
>>
>>54511547

I could forgive Dave for voting against his own line if there was a relatively steady stream of Mage material being released by OPP. However, since the Signs of Sorcery, Mage's fist supplement, is yet again still in development, we're starved for substantive content. A promise of an era with some mage pired in DE2 (Arrrr!), a book nowhere near release, is of little comfort.
>>
>>54511603
>HE'S JUST BEING MODEST

The days where Dave got the benefit of the doubt and where we kissed his reptilian ass are long over.

>>54511547
>Dave is lost to us
>Dave is dead; Long live Dave!

>DaveB, The Once and Future Exarch ?
>>
>>54511547
I'm really not interested in an Athurian era.

A 20's game would be fun though.
Jazz and gangsters.
>>
>>54511547
>he Jazz Age (which reeks of the stench of Vampire)

A Vampire / Werewolf crossover would be interesting for the Jazz Age (after a Mage / Changeling Camelot). The Gilgamesh era holds little appeal to me, and I have no idea what splats would best serve the period.
>>
>>54511662
Looks like Gilgamesh is going to win without a vote swing. Which I'm okay with though I'd prefer jazz age whatevers. Wasn't Jazz Age Mage a Dark Eras 1 stretch? Maybe Vampire/Mage or something really weird like Werewolf/Demon.
>>
File: Seer Art.jpg (129KB, 690x461px) Image search: [Google]
Seer Art.jpg
129KB, 690x461px
>>54511662
>A 20's game would be fun though.
>Jazz and gangsters.

No doubt the Seers would be enforcing prohibition all while drinking booze of the tits of vampire strippers in speakeasy sanctums.
>>
>>54511721
Jazz age Mage doesn't interest me, and I say this as an avid Magefag.

20's Vampire/Changeling, or Vampire solo?
Now that's interesting.
>>
>>54511746
I think all DE2 is going to be mixed splat chapters. I wish we'd get more weird pairings. We seriously got another Geist/Werewolf chapter? Pair the wolves up with something totally absurd, like Changelings or Demons or something. Live a little you know?

I also feel like jazz age werewolf might not be a bad idea if you play up the gangsters and incipient organized crime. Maybe Vampire/Werewolf, since both of them could easily dip toes into that world. Have we actually had a vampire/werewolf chapter yet?
>>
>>54511721
I would hate a Babylonian Dark Eras
>>
>>54511728
>Seers would be enforcing prohibition

Elliot Ness, Prelate of The Unity ???
>>
>>54511795
Can you imagine how fucked up the Shadow would be in Roaring 20s New York?
I'd play that.
>>
>>54511904
>spirits of jazz and booze in speakeasy fortresses fighting against the spirits of law that follow the cops and incipient FBI around

I could get behind this.
>>
>>54512012
Both of which are predatory, and promote the kind of rash, highly emotive actions which are most likely to feed them essence.
>>
>>54512065
See, we don't even need OPP to write this shit. Can even make Packs fit into both sides of the law in their more mundane guises, smuggling booze as criminal cells or rag tag bands of federally appointed lawmen.
>>
I bet it was Pure who first started poisoning the booze
>>
File: Anarchs.jpg (111KB, 945x611px) Image search: [Google]
Anarchs.jpg
111KB, 945x611px
>>54496246
>What's the fundamental difference with the Camarilla ?

The Camarilla is, on the whole, a lot more orderly. Make no mistake, both factions make heavy use of metaphorical whips in order to keep their subjects in line.

But the Camarilla uses order and discipline (and blood hunts, of course) as tools to make sure that as few vampires as possible stray from their control. The Sabbat makes use of religious doctrines, blind faith, torture and literal whips.

The Camarilla also doesn't (officially) believe in the existence of the fantastical Antedeluvians. Oh, they certainly aknowledge that the 3rd Generation of vampires must have existed at SOME point (some vamps are 4th gen after all), but believe that none survive to the Modern day, and wave off concerns about the 3rd Generation being godlike, inhuman monsters that will end the world.

The Sabbat believes these Antedeluvians ARE real, and that the Camarilla is a tool of the 3rd Generation, meant to weaken vampirekind in order to make them an easier target when they all rise up during Gehenna.

And then there's the Anarchs, who are basically just regular vampires who either A: believe that all vampires should follow a different way of government than "the eldest rules", like human democracy, or B: are just regular vamps who got tired of taking orders and are instead staking their own small claims in a city or district. Most end up as the vampire equivalent of gangbangers, with a few "true believers" of the Anarch Cause here and there.
>>
File: twee goth waifu.png (1MB, 854x964px) Image search: [Google]
twee goth waifu.png
1MB, 854x964px
>>
>>54508589
But that's Harry Dresden.
>>
>>54512354
What if I told you that you are Harry Dresden
>>
>>54512369
I would say that
A: That would really suck for me and
B: You are a liar because I am not.
>>
>>54512410
Search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
Pitch a chronicle based entirely around the Circle of Life, /tg/. I'm tired but suffering from insomnia and struggling to entertain myself. Disney CofD is apparently what my brain has settled on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc
>>
>>54512571
Rafiki is a Thyrsus
>>
>>54512571
classic vampire betrayal
Lions are vampires prey on the herd of animals.
One betrays the last.
The new head vampire lion is a dick lord. everyone suffers from over feeding.
Old king's mortal grandson returns to over throw the evil vampire lord. (Alucard)
>>
>>54512771
Clearly the Hyenas are Nossies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCHmk9Nh6E
>>
>>54510563
I would. That era is ripe with faerie tales and fantastic beings that could fit changeling. Whereas for Mage all you really get is what, Merlin and Morgan Le Fey? Two individuals.
>>
>>54513493
>Whereas for Mage all you really get is what, Merlin and Morgan Le Fey? Two individuals.

Not a very good argument on your part.

>That era is ripe with faerie tales and fantastic beings that could fit changeling

The same could be said of Mage.
>>
I don't see what Mage gains from an Arthurian setting, it doesn't mesh well with eldritch horrors and fake reality prisons. If it was Ascension I'd understand but it seems like such a pointless time period.

Changeling however lives and breathes fairy tale epics and legends and benefits from juxtaposing it against the gritty terrible life of living in the dark ages. (Admitedly the groundwork for Changeling 2e looks pretty bad so I can understand that argument).
>>
>>54513493
>That era is ripe with faerie tales and fantastic beings that could fit changeling.
For example?
>>
>>54513534
Changelingfags are just mad they lost the pirate poll, and are now double mad that Mage is already canonically prominent in a setting they think they deserve.
>>
The Green Night, the Lady in the Lake, Avalon, plus a great deal of changeling's themes are from the fair folk stories of the British Isles.

I supported Mage and Geist in the Pirates poll, but Arthurian Britain is an era that just begs for Changeling.
>>
What the fuck is the Epic of Gilgamesh?
>>
>>54513564
Arthurian Britain is a prime example of the many 'never existed' magical cultures dotted around the earth.
A very small shard of a smaller mirror representing the analogy of the Time Before, be it a minor Atlantis if you will. The entire setting is ripe with the themes of lost magic.

You also forget that 1/5 of the perceived Supernal is dedicated to stories and the f(F)ate(s) they entail.
>>
File: laughing gil.gif (273KB, 368x288px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gil.gif
273KB, 368x288px
>>54513646
>>
>>54513640
>the Lady in the Lake
Look, strange wimmin lying about in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!
>>
>>54513646
Why don't you fucking google? It's one of the first epic myths recorded in written form, and a pretty fucking fun tale. You must be a fucking Mohammedan or Oriental.
>>
>>54513640
One(maybe two) of the biggest players in the Legend of Arthur are entirely Mages.

Changeling does not deserve it on its own. Merlin isn't a Wizened, he's a goddamn Archmage and the living wizard stereotype.

Perhaps there can be a mix, but Mage takes it.
>>
>>54513654

You can just use that argument to shoehorn mage anywhere and everywhere, and as such it doesn't really belong in any of these polls, you're basically arguing against what you want. Try harder.
>>
>>54513686

Well aren't you mature.
>>
>>54513564
>>54513640

See >>54510038
Now fuck off, please
>>
>>54513685
Merlin was a half demon, a cambion. Not a mage.
>>
>>54513685
He's speaking as a whole here. In which case it goes to neither, as Mage is whack enough to have just as much of a thematic theme as Changeling regarding it.
>>
>>54513701

DaveB is as active in game development now as Dave Hill. So you just fuck right off too, and stop dwelling in the past.
>>
>>54513706
Are you saying that Merlin wasn't a wizard?

The arcane arts aren't exclusively human centric, anon. Just look at Odin the god-wizard.
>>
>>54513717
How fucking DARE you compare Dave to Dave, you wretched pile of SHIT
>>
>>54513727
whatcha gonna do about it nerd
>>
>>54513685

We're talking about creating openings for player characters, not jerking off over Archmages you moron. I mean seriously, how does that shit in any way add to a game in a playable sense? It doesn't. It just feeds lorefags who jerk off over it in forum arguments endlessly like it's the new metaplot or something.

Fuck...

Archmages ARE the new metaplot.
>>
>>54513719
Freyja was as much a sorceress as a goddess too.
>>
>>54513717
oh shit... ooooooooh shit... here come the magefag and tranny tears.
>>
File: absolutlelyDisgusting.jpg (18KB, 367x380px) Image search: [Google]
absolutlelyDisgusting.jpg
18KB, 367x380px
>>54513719
>Crossing templates
>>
>>54513640
>The Green Night
You mean The Green Knight? Cursory google search says he was made by Morgan Le Fay, one of the 'Mages' of the setting, to test King Arthur's court. How is that a Changeling story?

>Lady in the Lake
A figure apparently closely entwined with Merlin the other 'Mage' of the setting. Are you saying she's a True Fae? How?

>Avalon
"Avalon was associated from an early date with mystical practices and people such as Morgan le Fay."
Says Wikipedia. It's a legendary island, where a powerful magical item came from, and is evidently associated with magic. Sounds almost like Atlantis.

>Arthurian Britain is an era that just begs for Changeling.
How? I also can't really find anything that specifically ties stories of fairies to the British Isles, just things from European folklore in general.
>>
>>54513727
Yeah, DaveB is more like Dave Lister...but with less curry.
>>
>>54513706
Who are you to define what a true magician is?

Be gone!
>>
>>54513719
Merlin was sired by an Incubus. Not a wizard in the WoD sense.
>>
>>54513750
>thinks race is a template

You're a racist ass motherfucker, that's what you are
>>
>>54513706
In CofD he's a Mage. In general his most famous trait is being a wizard. Shit, THE wizard, even.
>>
>>54513737
>Forget it, there's nothing we can do. It's magefagtown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWnubJ9CEw
>>
>>54513758
That means nothing. A wizard is a wizard. Magic is an art.
>>
>>54513758
You can still be a Stigmatic once you Awaken, right?
>>
>>54513762
>I like half demon wizards OCs
Go back to Tumbler
>>
File: 1442063544667.jpg (599KB, 648x881px) Image search: [Google]
1442063544667.jpg
599KB, 648x881px
>>54513717
>>
>>54513751
Arguably the only thing going for the Lady of the Lake is that her name is a title in itself, which is a gig of the True Fae.

Would be more interesting if she was a Supernal entity instead.
>>
>>54513751
So much desperation.

You want this so bad. You need this.

I'm gonna bot this one so hard just to watch your magely tears when Arthurian Britain is under the sway of its rightful Changeling overlords.

Just enough, at just the right times. I'm so glad they use such unsecure polling methods.
>>
>>54513758
People sired by werewolves can still Awaken. Also, I don't even think Incubus demons even exist in CofD. Certainly not in such a capacity that a child of theirs would be considered half-demon. That's if they keep that part in at all.
>>
>>54513774
yes, there is text somewhere about a stigmata mage who does something i cant remember.
>>
>>54513792
Haha, you're too late. Arthurian Britain was already confirmed as a joint Mage / Changeling setting.

You're both going to have to deal with each other. Watch as you kill yourselves over who's an Archmage and who's a True Fae.
>>
>>54513802
>what is inferno
>what is the lucifuge
>>
>>54513805
>who does something i cant remember.
As it should be.
>>
>>54513792
>rightful Changeling overlords
Rightful how?
>>
>>54513813
its something about the time splinters and how its fucked him cos he has time too.
>>
>>54513807
>You're both going to have to deal with each other.
Why can't they just fuck already?
>>
>>54513812
I don't know, I don't play Demon. I thought they were biomechanical reality spies in CofD.
>>
>>54513834
There's like 3-4 hells in CofD, two of which are at one another's throats.
>>
>>54513828
Who wants to fuck Changelingfags? Gross.
>>
All of the shit you guys are doing here reminds me of one thing...

WE DON'T NEED THESE FUCKING SETTING SPLATS AT ALL. WE CAN MAKE ALL THIS SHIT UP OURSELVES FOR OUR GAMES.

Flesh out the goddamn mechanics - SoS for Mage, for chrissake, Changeling 2.0, Hunters 2.0, Geist 2.0, Wraith 20th Anniversary. This is the stuff that you need to be working on. Not this writer welfare shit that floods us with pulp fiction but doesn't give us any solid playable gaming material. Just more to read.
>>
>>54513841
No, you don't understand.

I'm a Magefag. I HAVE to have this as a setting.
>>
>>54513838
So Hell will be enacting an armed invasion of Hell.

Good grief this is confusing.
>>
>>54513834
There are "Demons" made by the GM and then there are "demons" which are more like vice spirits that come from the inferno and have a hunter conspiracy that claim to be half bloods.

Alot of things can fall under the umbrella term of a "demon", technically a goatia of satan will be a "demon" for example.
>>
Why are the Changeling fags sperging out now?
>>
>>54513864
Upset about the pirate poll, upset that they aren't monopolizing a setting they think they're entitled to.
>>
>>54513864
They think Arthurian Britain would be better off with Changeling than Mage.

Magefags proceeded to cite their claims whilst being bombarded with the foulest of screeches.
>>
I wonder what the Changeling whores would turn Merlin into if they actually got their way.
>>
>>54513834
There's lucifuge (from Hunter) and Inferno (the nWoD core supplement, sort of a mortals addons for demons and hell spawned entities).

Then there are demons in the god machine sense, which are rogue angels, angels being "machines", beings of magitech.

It's complicated. I think of it this way. The God Machine is one extra-dimensional godlike horror (I actually view it as threat null come home, nWoD is oWoD post Threat Null's "arrival", and the God Machine sort of serves in my games as a new sort of technocracy, a much darker, more inhuman one, with completely inscrutable motives.

Also, beyond that, there are other dark places, where things lurk (hells) and.. well, lucifuge etc... it all fits together
>>
You're all honestly fucking revolting. Magefags always get everything be humble and let others have their share. How the FUCK o you even consider Mage beating Changeling over something so full of fairis and folklore?

>>54513889
Merlin would be a wizened Lady of the Lake would be a True fae and morgan lefay an elemental or fairiest.
>>
>>54513849
But we have it. We just hashed it out here.
>>
>>54513889
No idea.

I like both settings and I think the rest of you are fucking stupid.
>>
>>54513903
Merlin was more powerful than the Lady in the legends. She could only best him via trust and trickery in the end.

Merlin is a fucking Archmage. Get over it.
>>
Anyone got some experience with having assamites in your group?
Specifically the "Tihi I might attack the other players. You should fear me, tihi. Also I'm super edgy and emo, tihi."
>>
>>54513921
An archmage beat by a fae. Remember that.
>>
>>54513936
Ehhh, they were in love. Merlin was the greater of the two.
>>
>>54513935
Well, vampires all should be a little like that. But if the *players* are assholes, force a coke bottle up their urethra then break it with a ball peen hammer.
>>
>>54513921
Why can't we have both?

Like he's an Archmage, but to Changelings everything about him says "Wizened"

Having maxed Fate would certainly help.
>>
>>54513936
>True Fae scared of old wizard
>must become petty backstabber

Bahaha, yessss cement your inferiority more you pathetic little Changeling fag.
>>
>>54513950
No way he was an archmage. He was involved with reality in a way too visible/hands on manner, walking around, chumming with Arthur.

Wizened.
>>
>>54513968
I actually agree, he might have been a mage, though, but definitely not an archmage. Nothing about him really says Archmage, beyond that he's famous, and in fact I'd argue that is a huge strike against it.
>>
>>54513968
Archmages don't cause Paradox, I believe. Arthur could also be a Sleepwalker. Shit, all the people could be Sleepwalkers. The Exarchs deleted it from the timeline for a reason. Maybe the Silver Ladder actually made considerable headway into bringing magic back to that area, endangering the Lie.
>>
>>54513981
Merlin is canonically an Archmage. He Ascended after orchestrating the fall of Camelot.

Archmages can also be more direct when they please, which was necessary for his Ascension.
>>
>>54513997
"canon"

2.0 just came out, with no supplements. Ain't no canon.

You faggots are proving it though.

Archmages are the new Metaplot. The Metaplot faggots have finally found their new circlejerk! It's Archmages!
>>
>>54513981
>Merlin stated by 'word of god' to be an archmage
>"nuh uhh he's not an archmage guys"
>>
>>54514018
They're going by Dave's multitude of comments on the matter, I believe.
The entirety of the Arthurian Legend was the device of a Welsh Archmaster.

This does -not- mean Changelings didn't have a part in its story, just that Merlin was the one behind it all.
>>
>>54514018
Dave straight up says he achieved Archmastery. Please don't do what the werefags did and deny WoG to the point that you're basically screeching "WHERE IS IT IN THE BOOKS, HUH?!"
>>
>>54513997
>>54514025

Their "canon" is a fucking forum post of DaveB just shitting around. They're taking it all seriously. It's WORSE than the metaplot fags back on the old White Wolf forums.
>>
>>54514042

>"WHERE IS IT IN THE BOOKS, HUH?!"

Having it in the books is kinda important.
>>
>>54514050
>>54514061
And so it begins. The last, flimsy refuge of the desperate.
>>
>>54514042
When people ask "where is it in the books?" they are asking for the thing called the "reference" which makes it "canonical." DaveB forum posts are not published material, they are casual chatter with the fans.

So yeah,

"Where is it in the books, huh?"

It isn't fucking there, you morons.
>>
>>54514061
Yeah, that is what you know, makes it canon and all.
>>
CHANGELING FAGS ARE IN DENIAL
>>
File: 1490650814804.png (412KB, 468x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490650814804.png
412KB, 468x477px
>developer words on subject matter he is the developer of
>not canon
Out of actual arguments, are we?
>>
>>54513788
Or maybe one of the Legendary creatures that Dave was talking about in one of the SoS preview threads? That would be a perfect fit as the Lady is, well, legendary being.

Or maybe both Supernal Entity and a Legendary being, considering that we don't know the rules for Legendary creatures yet.
>>
File: Merlin Cucked the Exarchs.png (129KB, 401x831px) Image search: [Google]
Merlin Cucked the Exarchs.png
129KB, 401x831px
>>54514061
He's mentioned in the secion on the Aeons.
Not only did he achieve Archmastery, but the legendary Merlin Ascended.
Which is why he, his name, and the entire damn Athurian mythos is such a potent symbol of Fate.
>>
>>54514104

YES. KEK THE CHANGELING FAGS.
>>
>>54514104
I would love to see how they could deny this. They'll probably just go back to whining about how Mage is awful and privileged.
>>
>>54514104
>canon proof
If the Changeling assholes don't concede after this, then I will be in absolute awe.
>>
>>54514104
You know what? Go and fuck yourself, ok? Mage gets everything. Fuck you.
>>
... i'm a mage fan and I think you're all full of shit.

If it's not published, it's not canon.

That fact is driven home even harder given the fact that DaveB is no longer working on Mage or anything else at present.

So, when this Dark Ages II project happens, and this Arthurian Britain's Merlin is developed, DaveB won't be the one doing it. THAT Merlin, when written and published, will become canon.

Because THAT is what canon is.

Not a fucking forum post. Stop being such a desperate sycophant.
>>
>>54514155

Perhaps you should look at the most recent image? It's entirely published.
>>
>>54514149
Don't be mad at Mage because your own developers didn't get to your supposedly perfect-for-Changeling setting first. And hey, you are still getting the setting. If anything this is providing necessary and plausible set up for magic and creatures being out in the open in King Arthur's Brittania. The Exarchs could only be furious enough to wholesale delete it if the Lie was being fucked with and their claim to power threatened.
>>
>>54514155
>>54514104
Bwahahaha!
>>
>>54514155
>i'm a mage fan
Sure.

>If it's not published, it's not canon.
Except it is published, and if anything Dave's comment was expanding upon the published material.
>>
>>54514179

I wonder what will happen if it retcons merlin from being a Mage.

Merlin, while iconic, is also an odd choice for the ascending Mage in the story. He's not remotely the person who pulls out the most impressive stuff and he definitively loses in the end to his apprentice.
>>
>>54514104
See, now that would make it canonical. There you go. You'll get no argument from me against that. But that forum post shit, get the fuck out of here, good lord.
>>
So the big M was cucked by reality and got kick out.
>>
>>54514191
>he definitively loses in the end to his apprentice
The Lady of the Lake? Or Morgana le Fay? Both had to resort to backhandedness to deal with him.
They were never great enough to confront him.

This is also a re-imagining of the tale, and isn't word-for-word in-line with that was originally written.
Merlin was the mastermind behind it all, and it's canon that he was, in fact, an Archmaster of the Silver Ladder, perhaps the precursor of one of the earliest mentioned Legacies, the Walkers In Mists.
>>
>>54514169
I see, it had not loaded as I was typing. Took them long enough to cite it. I won't argue against a published citation - that's a canonical reference. Well an allusion, but clear enough.
>>
>>54514179
Exactly. I don't see why Changelingfags would be angry that a Magefag could see this setting as ideal for a *mixed* era. As far as I know, it would be the first Mage-Changeling crossover, so why they continuously screech at Magefags instead of celebrating it is beyond me.

Even if the era doesn't win, I can see one of the expanders choosing the era anyway and I think that given choice, they will go for mixed era as well, so just calm down.
>>
>>54514197
According the forum post he safely Ascended. Myrddin was the one who manipulated Destiny, apparently. Merlin was still down in the Fallen World trying for his own Ascension, meaning he would most likely be an Archmage himself, or at the very least close to being one.
>>
>>54514208

Nimue.
>>
>>54514196
Basically if magefags had just presented the information first, instead of Austically screeching, we would have had the past 4 hours and hundred posts back
>>
>>54514224
Or are Myrddin and Merlin the same person? I don't know things.
>>
>>54514225
Nimue is the Lady of the Lake.
>>
>>54514230
>trying to blame the autism on magefags
kek. Where is it?
>>
>>54514224
>>54514231
Myrddin and Merlin are both the same individual in CofD.

>>54514230
Nah, you were pathetic enough to demand citations when they weren't even needed due to just how obvious the answer was.
>>
>>54514216

>Exactly. I don't see why Changelingfags would be angry that a Magefag could see this setting as ideal for a *mixed* era. As far as I know, it would be the first Mage-Changeling crossover, so why they continuously screech at Magefags instead of celebrating it is beyond me.

Well, among other things 'Mage/X' crossover is almost universally 'The Mage is the guy who Really Matters'. Making Merlin a mage running Fate Magic rather takes a fair bit away from the other characters in the story and their own decisions.
>>
>>54514181
What's there to laugh at. They were the ones trying to prove the point. The burden was on their hands, and it took them long enough to actually *find* a proper reference instead of just circlejerking over OPP forum posts.

And my point stands true. If something isn't published, it cannot be taken for canon. What happens on the forums is casual, it comes straight from the mouth of a single writer, what gets published can end up getting changed significantly from their intentions, and hell, their intentions can change over time, so until it hits the printed page, it just ain't canon.
>>
>>54514246
>Making Merlin a mage running Fate Magic rather takes a fair bit away from the other characters in the story and their own decisions.
How? He would literally be in his archetype, the old and wise supporting wizard. And if I'm not mistaken, prophecies and destinies and shit is par for the course here.
>>
>>54514232

Wrong one. She's Merlin's apprentice and the Lady in the Lake was earlier in the story than that.
>>
>>54514208
By "resort to backhandedness" you mean they outsmarted him.
>>
>>54514260
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake

Read, you insufferable faglord.

>"Different writers and copyists give the Arthurian character the name Nimue, Viviane, Vivien, Elaine, Ninianne, Nivian, Nyneve, or Evienne, among other variations"
>>
>>54514256
>it comes straight from the mouth of a single writer
Dave is the developer of the line. As shown, his posts are pretty consistent and reliable.
>>
>>54514208

Backhandedness is kinda the mage modus operandi when they have to deal with each other. Walking in for a fair fight is stupid.
>>
>>54514266
Yeah, she did. They were in love, falsely. Doesn't change the fact that Merlin was the greater of the two.

Fae are all about tricks.
>>
>>54514266
That's typically all you can hope to do when punching out of your weight class. Being able to trick him doesn't make them better at magic than him.
>>
>>54514232
From what little I know, there are many reimaginings of the legend and there were more variants of Ladies of the Lake, with some stories even having several in one tale. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake

I think that these inconsticencies are, ironically, consistent with the idea of Camelot as Ruins of the Time Before and the era could be unique in that it would describe several variants of the tale with different players (and sometimes different splats thrown into the role as Keepers are notorious copycats). Merlin and the Exarchs really mixed things up, after all.
>>
>>54514243
Cept most of you resorted to screeching. Thankfully one of you actually read his books and bothered to get a citation like an adult, but the rest of you were so triggered you couldn't see straight. It was typical /tg/
>>
>>54514297
Yes, goooood. Keep hiding your shattered ego.
>>
>>54514268

Yes. They share a name and are often combined in stories. Go read Morte d'Arthur.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>54514297
Talk about being a sore loser.
>>
>>54514307
Do you realize how many different iterations there are of the Arthurian Legend. You're no more correct than he is on the matter.

The Lady of the Lake isn't even a non-human in some retellings.
>>
>>54514269
Dave *WAS* the developer. He has since flaked out, and let's be honest, once someone leaves the OPP environment, they don't come back.
>>
File: cavebob.png (224KB, 824x640px) Image search: [Google]
cavebob.png
224KB, 824x640px
I bet Dave is in this thread right now
>>
Dave was probably the one who dug up the citation. No one else read that book.
>>
I'm paranoid now
>>
>>54514319
When did Dave lose his position?
>>
>>54514361
Apparently when some anon smoked too much pot and believed it.

The "Dave quit" is a meme seen only in /wodg/
>>
>>54514361
He didn't. Anon got him confused with the other Dave.
>>
File: 1498603829958.jpg (43KB, 391x353px) Image search: [Google]
1498603829958.jpg
43KB, 391x353px
>>54514361
>Blindly believing anything you read on a venezuelan hopscotch soundboard
>>
>>54514388
I was making a point that Dave still has his job, and so is in fact that developer.
>>
>>54514436
whats he developed since 2e?
>>
File: DaveB 2.png (12KB, 391x117px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB 2.png
12KB, 391x117px
>>54514535
Deviant.
In fact, he popped back onto the Discord last Wednesday to say he's about to go back to Mage stuff.
>>
>>54510886
Because they're a bunch of fucking mouthbreathers who think the insults that saw them safely through junior high last year are going to "hurt our feelings" LOL

Also, I just wanted to say how happy I am that you cunts love me so much, you talk about me when I'm not here. "shit on the carpet because he's a cunt" - you fucking love it, kinky bitches ;D

t. tumblranon
>>
>>54513646
It's about Gilgamesh finally finding that, after a lifetime of rooting women dusk to dawn, the only person who ever really gets him is Enkidu, a dude.

That's right, you homophobic losers. It's the oldest gay slash fanfic in the history of civilization.
>>
>>54513701
>help, I can't handle folklore
>>
>>54513751
The Green Knight is cut down, then returns within a year to strike Galahad, making him a vegetable diety akin to Jack In The Green. Fae.

The Lady in the Lake had nothing to do with Merlin outside of Merlin knowing about her. She seems to be a spirit of water, tied to the lake itself.

The Isle of Avalon, where no-one ever ages? Where the army of Camelot sleeps mystically for the day their land needs them? The folklore of the region is full of stories involving faerie lands where a person did not age, only to return to our land after decades. The idea of sleep as a fae enchantment is echoed in Rip Van Winkle.

>I also can't really find anything that specifically ties stories of fairies to the British Isles
Jesus fucking Christ, are you serious? The legends of the "little folk" are more widely believed in Ireland than the fucking bible. Every rural inch of the UK has a mystic well, or a mountaintop, or a standing stone, or something associated with faeries. In Wales, the legend of Cader Idris is that whomever sleeps on the mountaintop will be dead, insane or a poet by morning due to - oh shit, what was it, hypertech? no, magic potions, no... oh yeah - FAERIE MAGIC

If you want to make a Mage version of the Arthurian legend, go ahead, it isn't inappropriate. Just for the love of all that is holy, don't pretend that the UK has a lack of fucking faerie legends!!
>>
>>54513783
It's "Tumblr". If you're going to insult someone, use the right terms, otherwise you're the one who looks like they were born with the umbilical cord wrapped around your neck.
>>
>>54514966
>Bad spelling triggers me
>>
>>54513839
>not beating meat to the faerie chick from that old Tom Cruise movie "Legend"
>not draining the main vein to David Bowie in "Labyrinth" and that crotch bulge that made me a deeply confused 12 year old
>not looking up Rule 34 for Tinkerbell

whatever, FAG
>>
>>54513967
I like how you try to spin it, but no, doesn't matter. Not only do Archmages sacrifice true Ascension for the trap of power, in itself no balm for personality flaws, but that particular Archmage got fucking teabagged by a True Fae. Oh well, so sad, too bad.

You need to move on.
>>
>>54514951
>The Green Knight is cut down, then returns within a year to strike Galahad, making him a vegetable diety akin to Jack In The Green. Fae.
Are you serious?

>The Lady in the Lake had nothing to do with Merlin outside of Merlin knowing about her. She seems to be a spirit of water, tied to the lake itself.
Are you serious?

>The Isle of Avalon, where no-one ever ages? Where the army of Camelot sleeps mystically for the day their land needs them? The folklore of the region is full of stories involving faerie lands where a person did not age, only to return to our land after decades. The idea of sleep as a fae enchantment is echoed in Rip Van Winkle.
Literally the only halfway decent point, if true and accurate. And it still doesn't mean that Avalon won't be a Mage locale, especially since it is associated with mystic practices and one of the setting's apparent Mages.

And I asked for fae stories tied specifically to the British Isles because I actually couldn't find any.
>>
>>54515012
In what way do Archmages sacrifice Ascension? They can still Ascend. In fact I'm pretty sure it's the norm for you to become an Archmaster, and then Ascend.
>>
>>54515026
Yeah, they may Ascend through being solipsistic jerks, but they can still Ascend. I believe it's called the Final Key Ascension and is detailed in the Imperial Mysteries.
>>
So when does this poll close?
>>
>>54510701
>Is the /x/fag actually retarded?

Is Is the /x/fag brucatto in disguise? Batshit insane belief, insistence on sharing in unapropiate places and sexual offender
>>
>>54514268
>Vivien
>"Strange individuals lyin' around in ponds distributin' howitzers is also not a basis for a system of governement!"

If you get this joke, good for you.
>>
Which Splat would let me play the Black Knight?
>>
>>54515277
Mage. Life 3 and Death 3 to cast Corpse Flesh, you can lose your limbs and still keep going.
>>
>>54515306
>Mage.
Huh, I would have said Vampire.
>>
>>54515342
Magefags as far as the eye can see
>>
>>54515342
Good luck guarding a bridge in the daytime.
>>
>>54515413
Would he burn even if he was wearing armour and a helmet?
>>
>>54515013
Different guy, but the Green Knight being a green man figure (dying/resurrecting crop god) is the widely accepted interpretation.

As for the Lady of the Lake, watch this and see what it does to your opinion. It may help in general, and the related video suggestions may help more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVGzK6aYWo

I recommend Brian Froud's Faeries book. It's primarily good art but secondarily an excellent folklore resource. As is wikipedia.
>>
>>54515464
I don't think extra layers protect a vampire from being in sunlight. Like how they aren't harmed by UV rays, it's more about the principle of the thing.
>>
>>54515476
>is the widely accepted interpretation.
What I read is that he was created by Morgan le Fay and later revealed to be a guy named Berclaik. Wikipedia says his identification as the Green Man is one of many. He was also believed to the devil, it says.

>As for the Lady of the Lake, watch this and see what it does to your opinion
It won't do anything. What I read on the wikipedia article is that "Though her identity may change, her role as a significant figure in the lives of both Arthur and Merlin remains consistent."

So either wikipedia is accurate or it isn't. You say the former.
>>
>>54515464
With low enough Blood Potency (1 or 2) and complete body coverage with only slit in helmet he wouldn't burn.
>>
>>54515704
Does raise the question of how he'd balance that against losing all of his limbs and throwing a sword with enough force to shishkebab someone.
>>
>>54515557
>wikipedia
Try doing some actual research
>>
>>54515557
Watch
the fucking
video.
It's about Irish faerie lore, which is what you asked for. Unless you somehow think Ireland isn't part of the British Isles.

My point on the Lady of the Lake is that she fits as a lake fairy. My point on wikipedia was that it's a good folklore resource. I hope you're just in an argumentative mood today, because otherwise your personality needs some work.
>>
>>54515812
>Try doing some actual research
Wikipedia is what he pointed me to.

>>54515962
I'm not watching the video, because it's just one take on the Lady of the Lake and what you specifically said it was related to, and asking about British Faerie lore wasn't a point of the argument but rather a general thing of curiosity that I don't feel like spending half an hour to satisfy.
>>
>>54514978
Deos it? Shit, taht suxx.
>>
>>54516571
Are you a grade schooler?
>>
>>54515013
You're a troll. Officially.
Jack in The Green, also known as a foliage mask, found carved into every remaining british chapel and cathedral from the Dark Ages. Remnant of pagan belief in what you would call fae.

Yes, serious about the Lady of the Lake, too. The symbolism of a person tied to a piece of land is part and parcel of the Arthurian legend. Arthur "marries" the land when he becomes King and acts like a avatar of it - his ascent to glory enriches the country, his death diminishes it. This is realised visually in the movie Excalibur - worth a watch.

Also, "if true and accurate"? These were the stories of my childhood. Do you have any evidence to prove me wrong? Anything at all?

Also, quote where I say it "didn't mean it won't be a Mage local". I literally said that a Mage interpretation was appropriate, only that your assertion that there are no legends about the Fae in the British Isles was patently ridiculous.

Now, you claim you "can't find anyway". This is literally the first result on fucking google:
>http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/britchange.html

Now just chill out, read about some folklore. You might learn something.
>>
>>54516682
>These were the stories of my childhood
Doesn't make them true and accurate.

>Do you have any evidence to prove me wrong? Anything at all?
I don't have to prove or disprove your assertions. I'm also not going to trawl through that link, either. I asked out of mild curiosity, not to make a point.
>>
>>54515026
For OWOD, it literally says that in the introduction of Masters of the Art. page 10.

For CHROD, it's a Lie. I mean, it's not "The Lie", it's a bigger Lie. Think about it, the whole shebang introduces itself with the metaphor of the shadows on the cave wall, right? A person sees just the shadows, and thinks that's all there is, then they see what casts the shadows, then they realize that they're in a cave and they finally venture out into the world beyond.... except, that doesn't happen. The Archmage is obliterated in almost every sense, all that is left are mere fragments of ego, fused utterly not with the world outside the cave, but the cave itself, forever. They sacrificed everything, for what? Ultimate power they can never exercise for fear of retribution?

"Ascension" doesn't mean leaving behind the cage, it means becoming one of the bars. It's just a lovely euphemism they apply because the people who don't have it, don't understand what it really means.

$10 says the writers were inspired in part by the Carousel scene from Logan's Run.
>>
>>54516682
>only that your assertion that there are no legends about the Fae in the British Isles was patently ridiculous.
I also literally never said this.
>>
>>54515238
>puts sign saying VIRGIN around neck
Alright Vivian, here's 50p for disagreeing with you, and I'll have the T-Shirt printed up next week.
>>
>>54516795
They can still do it, and honestly when you couch it that way you make it sound like being an Archmage is the better deal.
>>
File: take a seat.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
take a seat.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
>>54516585
>Are you a grade schooler?
>....... what are you wearing?
>>
>>54516850
I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
>>
>>54516768
>I lost an online argument
>Pretend I wasn't fighting at all
>Iwasonlypretendingtoberetarded.gif
>>
>>54517161
>>I lost an online argument
How did I lose?
>>
>>54517195

Dave just today indicated how ingrained the Mage connection is to Camelot.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1120287-de2-arthurian-discussion?p=1120359#post1120359

Nevertheless, he previously mentioned that he voted for the 1920's era over Camelot (and Gilgamesh is still slightly ahead).

He also teased that Signs of Sorcery contains more Camelot references.
>TFW SoS is still vaporware
>>
I think Gilgamesh times could be cool, but it's a guaranteed Beast era. That pushes me toward the 20s.
>>
>>54517341
How is this relevant to what we were arguing at all?
>>
>>54517384

The link to the the earlier post was accidental.
>>
>>54511445
and the Dreamspeakers and Cultists of Ecstasy and some hardcore Hermetics and Akashics.
>>
>>54517341
>Nevertheless, he previously mentioned that he voted for the 1920's era over Camelot (and Gilgamesh is still slightly ahead).
He voted for 20s mainly because the previous poll had Mage winning and one expander (I think it was the appropriately named Second Chances) said that several of the expanders might have interest in choosing the era anyway, including himself. So there is a high chance we will get Arthurian Mage.

And yes, the amount of references in (Mage) books to Arthurian legend and Merlin is considerable. Let's not waste the opportunity to finally expand upon them.
>>
>>54509388
M20? The section where Brucato says (in his preferred metaplot) that the Technocracy is a sockpuppet for Nephandi? Surely not
>>
>>54517195
You insisted that you couldn't find evidence of something, then refused to look at any links pertaining to the evidence you claimed you couldn't find.

You're an argumentative loser, with nothing better to do than troll 4chan, specifically, the shittiest thread on all of /tg/. You are pissing into an ocean of piss. You have no life.

I'm going now, I'm going to eat and play some vidya, with friends and casual drugs. Enjoy your misery and isolation, wherever you are.
>>
>>54517451

Dave also noted the references to Mage's connection to Camelot in Changeling gameline books.

>Citation Supremacy
>>
>>54517473
Even better. Let's celebrate a joint Changeling-Mage era.
>>
>>54517488
>>
>>54510047
That's Disney, not Arthurian myth
>>
>>54510352
we don't eat enough organic food
>>
>>54517430
"some" Hermetics? Do you mean the ones who try to summon and bind entities, or the ones whose Paradox backlashes are usually bad enough to level the building?

Also, if the Euthanatos had their way, there would be suicide booths and public executions.

If the Sons of Ether had their way, inspiration and insane theories would replace measurable scientific laws, plunging the universe into that episode of The Twilight Zone where everyone placates a small boy for fear he'll wish them out of existence.

If the Virtual Adepts won, refer to the Cyberpunk World of Darkness.

About the only one that wouldn't suck would be if the Hollow Ones were dominant. The nightclubs would rock, the booze would strip paint and the music would have you on air guitar.
>>
>>54517520
>we don't eat enough organic food

Locally sourced, sustainable, environmentally-friendly, fair trade organic food.

FIFY.

>Phil is a douche
>>
>>54517494
>Let's celebrate a joint Changeling-Mage era.

So, given the competence of OPP, I assume the Camelot era will be a Mummy / Promethean crossover.
>>
>>54510883
>waaahhh a fictional NPC has a bigger dick than me
get over it already
>>
>>54511691
Geist and Promethean?
>>
>>54517453
>M20? The section where Brucato says (in his preferred metaplot) that the Technocracy is a sockpuppet for Nephandi? Surely not

Not to mention when he claimed that the Technocracy as boring black hats were other writers fault messing with his "vision".
>>
>>54511547
>When you have to vote against your own gameline because it is so superior that it would dominate the whole book
Mages can't stop winning
>>
>>54517634
>Mages can't stop winning

Dave is Making the CofD Great Again.

>The Russians are obviously hacking the Kickstarter poll results
>Is Dave is a Putin stooge?
>>
>>54514887
being this deluded.
>>
File: 5bf.jpg (17KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
5bf.jpg
17KB, 480x318px
>>54514149
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.