[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 70

File: 5335663-3420209084-latest.png (121KB, 296x250px) Image search: [Google]
5335663-3420209084-latest.png
121KB, 296x250px
Make the Empire Great Again Edition

Alternatively I-Made-This-Thread-When-No-One-Else-Would Edition

Previous thread: >>54438241
Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Ideas for new Imperial ships/units in FFG?
>>
>>54500547

If shields correspond to bust size, that makes the B-Wing's name a little awkward. But not the TIE/DD
>>
File: Motsloaderdroid.jpg (28KB, 720x511px) Image search: [Google]
Motsloaderdroid.jpg
28KB, 720x511px
>Ideas for new Imperial ships/units in FFG?
For the RPG?
I'd love to see a statblock for the loader droid from shadows of the empire
how about as a PC?

>>54502422
>shield
>not armor plating
I don't know why but it makes more sense for me
>>
File: Alterlancer1.png (376KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
Alterlancer1.png
376KB, 512x724px
>>54502534

Well, naturally. Sloped frontal armor is very important.

And this image is actually tangentially related because it's from a gacha mobage
>>
Third for shilling for Armada
>>
File: 1497971395945.jpg (147KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
1497971395945.jpg
147KB, 1024x942px
>>54502608
>>54502615
>lost my third to anime of all things

Disgraceful
>>
>>54502636

I mean, we're basically talking about "What if Armada was waifus", there are many worse topics an /swg/ can start on.
>>
I can't wait to be disappointed with Thweek.
>>
>>54500558

Tel's ability on Thweek doesn't work- he'd die, deal 4 cards to himself, and then die again. It's Biggs and Lockdown that will cause problems.
>>
>>54502704

I think Thweek will do his job. He will make people think about list building and have to consider the other guy might turn your advantages against you. If nothing else, getting in your opponents head before you even show up is worth something, maybe even 25 points minimum.

Dalen is the one I'll be sad to be disappointed by. I love abilities like his which play with the maneuvers. Give him AS and he'll be doing some freak drift shit, but he's probably glued to VI and who knows what he'll actually be good for.
>>
>>54502725
>>54502757
Thweek is the kind of card made for people to do goofy things with, to create stories. He won't show up in high level play, but he can be fun if you get the soul read on what your opponent will bring
>>
>>54502725

See, this is the beautiful think about Thweek. He's only as annoying as your own list, in a sense. You got some crazy high PS shit? Boom, he gets it for free.

You bring a real cunty pilot like Biggs or Dengar? Boom, he stole your ability. You only have yourself to blame.

>>54502782

Naturally though, since he's scum, everybody assumes it's the end of the world. Again.
>>
>>54502694
>be anon
>walk into your flgs for an armada competition
>see a guy pulling squads of loli TIEs out of his pack
Convince me this isn't the future we chose.
>>
>>54502422
The K-wing on the other hand lives up to her name.
>>
>>54502809
Problem is that unless some one took a cheap ace like the z95 ones Thweek will always be a tier behind. Biggs will be strong to take but everyone else will not. Also since he can't deal conditions he's selection is even more limited.

Thweek is cute but making a list is hard with it
>>
>>54502809
>>54502782
>>54502757
Thweek is annoying because the auto-include nature of Biggs and OL in Empire and Rebel's best lists means that this is effectively a nerf for those 2 factions.

If thweek didn't turn into a horrible monster to fly against with either OL or Biggs' ability, I would have absolutely no problem with this.
>>
>>54503059

Yeah, but most of those top tier guys are more points than Thweek. You could just bring him in with the Mk2 title for 25 points and call it a day.

Although desu, I'd probably go AT, FCS and Glittles. FCS works well if you see a Dengar, Biggs ability has no complaints with Autothrusters and Fenn Rau's ability would make a Pinook good.

And if nobody has a skill you like the look of, well steal the highest PS there and arc dodge.

I'll be honest, Dalan probably isn't going to ever get used. He's Cowell or Lorrir of his box. He NEEDED to be PS9 for him to get used.
>>
>>54502888
>>54502608
>>54502534
Equality is important.

What're the beefcake spaceships?
>>
>It's another "how do I spend triumph" question

so I'm DMing EotE and we're all first timers. We're starting to settle into the rules and how advantage/triumph/threat/despair works and it's pretty great, but one specific circumstance threw me for a loop: a player rolled a check to pick a simple lock. Net result, zero successes, one triumph (the success portion of which was cancelled by a failure).

How are some ways to handle that?

Secondary question, would picking a simple lock be a skullduggery check or a mechanics check? or either?

stop reading my posts you gank son of a bith
>>
>>54503718
>any ship
>male

Lindemann please go.
>>
>>54503727

Skulduggery for a physical lock, Computers for an electronic lock. A player with some tools could probably swing a mechanics check at a higher difficulty - but it should take longer and unless you take even more time it'll be very obvious you literally disassembled the fucking lock mechanism.

As for the triumph, uh, if it's really not to big a deal, you can go cheesy and be like "you've utterly failed to pick the lock - because it was actually open the whole time", especially if they have no threat or anything. Or maybe you find the key under the fake rock by the door. If you want to treat it more seriously, easiest is to make it mechanical like in combat, give the player an upgrade to their next check to try it again. They did not pick it, but learned about the lock to make a second attempted after a few minutes of pondering. Remember, outside of certain passive or reflexive checks, most skill tests (especially technical ones) are burning time.
>>
>>54503727
As the other anon mentioned "you've figured this style of lock out, and get a boost on all similar locks from now on" or something is fun

Alternately, something incidental happens- they find a key to the whole base, or maybe they hear a guard coming earning a moment to hide and ambush him.
>>
>>54503922
I like the "not actually locked" idea. If I recall right, the same thing happened to Houdini.
>>
File: MCLiberty.jpg (94KB, 1020x666px) Image search: [Google]
MCLiberty.jpg
94KB, 1020x666px
>>54502694
Real shipfus have curves!
>>
>>54502534
>For the RPG
OP here
Yeah, I meant in any of their products, including the RPG

Personally I can see the Missile Boat in X-Wing as something like this:

Attack: 1
Agility: 3
Hull: 3
Shield: 2

Dial: Comparable to TIE Bomber

Action bar: Focus, Target Lock, SLAM

Upgrade Bar: 4 Missile Slots, System Upgrade

There'll be 4 pilots total: 2 Generics and two Aces

Included upgrade cards: Concussion Missiles, Unguided Rockets, Extra Munitions

New Modification: Torpedo Tubes (0 pts, Imperial Only) you may treat all your Missile icons as Torpedo icons)

New title: *Mu 1 (1 pt)

"You may equip the Tractor Beam or Ion Cannon for free
Whenever you perform a Cannon weapon attack, you may immediately perform another attack with an equipped Missile or Torpedo secondary weapon"
>>
>>54505022
*treat any, not all

So you can mix and match missiles and torpedoes
>>
>>54505022
>>54505022
*treat any, not all

So you can mix and match missiles and torpedoes
>>
>>54505132
Woops duplicate reply

Dammit, sorry
>>
So my I'm thinking about running the FFG rpg for my group. We've played star wars rpgs before but this will be the first time playing with EotE. In the past we avoided playing jedi so I'm also interested in Force and Destiny. Any tips /swg/?
>>
>>54505431
>Any tips /swg/?
Read the rules. Make extra sure you read the rules for NPC enemies. Minion groups can save you a lot of hassle tracking initiative and your group won't feel like combat is moving slowly like can happen in other systems.
>>
Since Rey is going to be a reincarnation of the Light Side of the Force in the next movie (and Snoke's her "brother," as the Light Side is feminine and Dark is masculine and came to them from a Force Tree) can we expect to see Avatars of the Force as units or even a background to be in these systems?
>>
>>54505431
don't let any PC get in anything smaller than a freighter for space combat lest they all be killed horribly in the first exchange of fire or by BVR torpedoes
>>
File: New Crack Swarm.png (31KB, 798x318px) Image search: [Google]
New Crack Swarm.png
31KB, 798x318px
>>54502323
What do you guys think of this list for the wave 11 Meta?

PS 11 is on Vader to not get fucked to death by Nym

The Crack Swarm is to try to be able to joust as well- Instead of going Howl+3 Black Cracks, I went with these guys since, once again, Scum Nym fucks 3 hp ships that joust and don't have shields, whereas 1-rounding these things is significantly harder. Then they could be used as a pretty good deterrent to stop Miranda from going on a bombing run against Vader. Also, I love crack swarms.

I'm not sure if I should make any changes, or if the list is a good idea to fly at all- I'd be bringing it to a pretty hardcore store champs (Pastimes in Niles IL- Home base for Gold Squadron, so Marcel Manzano-tier people will be there) on the 10th.

Any suggestions?

How should I paint this list?
>>
>>54505582
Reposting your shitty fan theory doesn't make it true.
>>
>>54505633
There is literally a Force Tree in the next movie.

The Force is feminine, just like the Future. Get over it, sweetie!
>>
>>54505646
There being a Force tree does not make the Force feminine. It also does not make Rey a reincarnation of the Light Side of the Force. The Light Side of the Force does not exist. There is the Force, and the Dark Side of the Force. The only ones who refer to the "Light Side of the Force" are dark siders.
>>
>>54505688
I think you're in for a rude awakening once the next movie comes out.
>>
File: nosebleed.png (232KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nosebleed.png
232KB, 640x480px
>>54505688
>He doesn't know
>>
>>54505773
There's literally nothing indicating anything beyond the Force tree stuff is true. None of the leakers, nothing, have said anything remotely close to Rey being some special "reincarnation of the Force," and TFA certainly doesn't set it up either.

Not to mention, how the fuck can the Force be "reincarnated" in the first place? It's not a being, it's a magical energy field. Anakin wasn't an incarnation of that magical energy field, and he was literally a prophesied Chosen One.
>>
File: 1435368876277.png (393KB, 696x717px) Image search: [Google]
1435368876277.png
393KB, 696x717px
>>54505819
Oh my god this is adorable, please tell me you'll be around these Generals when The Last Jedi hits theaters.
>>
>>54505630
>How should I paint this list?
Bold that you think that far ahead

But I'm not convinced on the survivability of vader
>>
>all these dumb niggers arguing about trees and all I'm waiting for is when the joker says "It's simple, we kill the jedi."
>>
>>54505932
Pablo has literally said it's garbage.
>>
>>54505646
As the proud father of my own Padawan, Hillary Dany Stormborn Wendig, it's great to be a part of making the Star Wars I grew up with into something she can, too.

CW
>>
>>54505916
It's a traditional ace with 5 health at PS 11, with a reason/ability to hang out at range 3.

What else would I do with the remaining 62 points? Or is Vader just a bad idea? That 5-dice cruise missile seems good.
>>
File: joker-btas2.jpg (174KB, 660x494px) Image search: [Google]
joker-btas2.jpg
174KB, 660x494px
>>54505932
>the Joker
>mfw Luke was the villain of the sequel trilogy the whole time
>>
File: confused screaming.jpg (9KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
confused screaming.jpg
9KB, 342x342px
>>54505646
>The Force is feminine

Its going to yell at me when I spend money on 'stupid shit'?
>>
>>54505646
>Trees
>Feminine
It's a giant wooden (((phallus))) growing out of the ground
>>
This is my current plan for a post Guns For Hire Scum Aces build:

Thweek — StarViper 28
Fire-Control System 2
Autothrusters 2
StarViper Mk. II -3
Virago 1
Ship Total: 30

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 28
Fearlessness 1
Ion Dischargers 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Pulsed Ray Shield 2
Hull Upgrade 3
Vaksai 0
Ship Total: 35

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Ship Total: 34

I know I should stop using Talonbane, or at least not that Janky Talonbane Cloaking Device build I've been trying to force through ever since Dengar came out, but goddamn it I'm going to make that fucking bastard work if it kills me.
>>
File: image.jpg (732KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
732KB, 1024x768px
>>54506226
Does this look like a penis to you, anon?
>>
>>54506238
Drop Hull from Talonbane, give him Tracers and Autothrusters- that makes him 34.

Give Thweek Glitterstimm.
>>
>>54505819
>and TFA certainly doesn't set it up either.
you mean apart from her being amazing at using the force and Snoke having a great interest in her?
>>
>>54502323

Michael Caine in star wars?

Job done.
>>
>>54506538
The only amazing thing about her (though it is annoying that she succeeds all the time) is that she's willing to believe. She's heard all these stories and legends about Luke and the Jedi, but when her ability to use the Force awakens, she finally has a chance to put those stories to the test.

Snoke having a great interest in her is the same reason he took a great interest in Ben while the kid was still in the womb. They both are ways to eliminate the Jedi if he works the right angles, and if not, she's a danger to Snoke's plans.
>>
>>54506396

Oh wait, that's my sensible Talonbane build.

THIS was my Ace List.

Thweek — StarViper 28
Fire-Control System 2
Glitterstim 2
Autothrusters 2
StarViper Mk. II -3
Virago 1
Ship Total: 32

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 28
Adrenaline Rush 1
Cloaking Device 2
Stygium Particle Accelerator 2
Stealth Device 3
Hull Upgrade 3
Vaksai 0

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!265:-1:55:15:T.16,U.36,U.128;135:42,-1,145:54:8:M.1,M.6;212:18,-1:43:15:&sn=Mock%20Thweek&obs=
>>
File: saved photo.jpg (31KB, 450x451px) Image search: [Google]
saved photo.jpg
31KB, 450x451px
>>54505582
The sad thing is, I'm more excited to see if this shit actually plays out than I am about the movie itself. Disney was already pretty spooked by the limited negative coverage Rogue One received, I'd imagine this shit would start outright witch hunts at the top. And where would they go from there? Sticking with their guns or rebooting it both seem like fatal ideas, so Disney would have to get creative. Maybe they would declare that individual film invalid? I don't know.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 900x1182px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 900x1182px
>>54506849
To be honest, I look at pic related and I see a !snowspeeder. I don't think they're going to get far away enough from the OT to do anything that drastic.
>>
>>54506963
It's not just that's that's a !snowspeeder, it's that the trailer's already shown us that it'll fight a bunch of !AT-ATs
>>
I like the Empire's big ships. Can I play them in Armada and just ignore little fighter squadrons, or am I fucked without Ties?
>>
>>54506963
>that turbine right behind the pilot
>>
>>54507039
>star wars artists in charge of engineering
>>
File: 1441606206595.jpg (370KB, 832x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1441606206595.jpg
370KB, 832x1280px
>>54506963
But then I wonder what the "I am your father" twist will be? It better not be evil Luke.
>>
>>54506677
Replace Hull upgrade with Pulsed Ray Shield, Replace Stealth Device with a Cruise Missile and Chips.
>>
>>54507081
They'll have some meme reveal of whoever dumped mary mcguffin sue on !tatooine. It could be Snoke, it could be Luke, hell, I could even see it being Leia during one of her "off" times with Han, and even though I know someone went on record saying they're changing the way the force works, I don't think they'll go as far as anon said.
>>
>>54507081
It's going to be Rey being the reincarnation of the Light Side Sister that was birthed from the Force Tree, and was killed by her Dark Side Brother.

REY, I AM YOUR BROTHER.

Rey will have to sacrifice herself killing Snoke to restore balance to the Force, in the process becoming the most powerful being in the whole universe!
>>
>>54507184
Then who's the baddie in the next movie? Just Ben?
>>
>>54507163
>I don't think they'll go as far as anon claims

Why? What makes you think these people either care about the franchise or actually have a creative bone in their bodies?
>>
>>54507204
They care about not alienating the consumer. While I may not be THE target audience, I don't think they'll shove their middle finger quite that far up my ass.
>>
File: Agentsofchaoshc.jpg (38KB, 320x479px) Image search: [Google]
Agentsofchaoshc.jpg
38KB, 320x479px
Ar these as good as Luceno's other books?
Because Vector Prime was good, but the Dark Tide duology is some shit so far.

Also, what happened to that guy here who was reviewing all the legends books as he went through them?
>>
>>54507203
Ben and Snoke? They're going to be fighting the First Order above Starkiller 2.0 in Snoke's throne room.
>>
>>54507307
But he said smoke was going to die in movie 2
>>
>>54507345
I assumed that would happen in Episode VI. The reveal is the climax of Episode V.
>>
>>54507400
Preach, senpai.
>>
>>54507238
but they already did and you continue to shell out money for it, why the fuck should they care what a few million male nerds think especially if they are going to continue paying for SW stuff anyway
>>
>>54507570
The problem there is a lot of normies go on youtube to find out what their opinion should be about movies, and a lot of those reviewers would be noticing the middle finger as well, and then mainstream reddit gets angry and sales fall.
>>
>>54507660
>and a lot of those reviewers would be noticing the middle finger as well
you are high or delusional if you believe that, most reviewers will be praising it for it's feminist story
>>
>>54507819
I expect Sabine levels of feminism, but I think you're too jaded if you expect too much more.
>>
File: 1489769542518.jpg (356KB, 1280x766px) Image search: [Google]
1489769542518.jpg
356KB, 1280x766px
I really want a dark side faction to be present in my campaign (haven't started one yet).

Are there any Inquisitor-like or Dark Jedi or Hands of Palpatine or any similar faction in the sourcebooks? I love the gritty feel I've gotten so far from this game, it's my favorite flavor of sci-fi and Star Wars, but I feel like the game just really isn't complete without a faction of dark siders to represent the philosophical counterpoint of the Jedi.

Even homebrew would be good, or tips on how you guys have handled this. I'm still in the preliminary phases of planning my FaD campaign so all tips are welcome. A good one-shot to open the campaign would be great too.

I was the guy in the last thread wanting to KotOR it up with this rpg, but since reading I feel like it might not be necessary to do that if I can figure out a good way to insert a Sith-ish faction without it feeling shoehorned in.

Thanks for all help.
>>
>>54508071
New to this thread, how do you find people to play with?
>>
>>54508096
I'm going to play with friends IRL actually, but roll20 is probably your best bet.
>>
>>54508071
Disciples of Harmony has alternative force user traditions, including some pretty dark side ones
>>
Is it possible to mix the different elements of EotE, AoR and FaD as far as mechanics and feels go?
>>
>>54508272
The only real differences in mechanics are related to the Obligation (EotE), Duty (AoR), and Morality (FaD) charts. Everything else works exactly the same.
>>
>>54508071
Nexus of Power has a Dark Side faction on Weik, IIRC, but their power level is probably laughably insufficient for fighting real Jedi. Definitely usable if your PCs are members of Weik's watered-down pseudo-Jedi, though. Outside of the source books, you could also look at the Reborn from Jedi Outcast. IIRC, a Reborn grunt still loses badly against a Jedi redshirt in 1v1, so you'd need to give them a numerical advantage to make them a real threat. Basically, make them the equivalent of KOTOR's generic Sith grunts.
>>
Star Wars d6 1st edition

Recomended Species; HUMANS, AQUALISH, BARABEL, BITH, BOTHANS, CAAMASI, CEREANS, CHADRA-FAN, CHISS (infiltrators), DEFEL, DEVARONIANS, DUGS, DUROS, GAND (complicated), GIVIN, GOTAL, GRAN, GAMORREAN (1st edition and seen as dumb muscle) GUNGANS, HERGLIC, HUTT (1st edition version), IKTOTCHI, ITHORIANS, KEL DOR, MON CALAMARI, NAUTOLANS, QUARREN, RODIANS, SULLUSTANS, TRANDOSHANS, TWI’LEKS, UMBARANS, VERPINE, WEEQUAY, WOOKIEES, ZABRAK
>>
>>54508071

Palpatine has a BUNCH of dark side groups, to the point where they're bizarre and have contradictory or overlapping duties and large numbers of them seem to just kind of stand around waiting for there to be shit to do. Shit, one of the biggest promotions you can get in the empire is to be promoted out of those groups and be given actual responsibility. You have the Inquisitors, the Prophets of the Dark Side, the Sith Accolytes and Saber Guard, the Dark Side Elite. Then there's whatever random experiments and cronies get attached to them.

And basically every named one of them who isn't treated as a scrub or apprentice gets their own star destroyer. The top guys get supers.
>>
>>54508096
Find new people
Bring them to game
Play game or it gets the hose again
>>
>>54507290
bump
>>
>>54502323
Why is /swg/ on /tg/ and not on /vg/? This confuses me so fucking much. Is this because /swg/ in the last couple years turned into a /tor/ general?
>>
>>54508907

I mean, vg can feel free to have a star wars general I'm sure, but, y'know the OP in this one starts with pastebins for all the stuff to play tabletop games.

Not sure why I'm bothering to say that, you clearly have a problem reading.
>>
>>54508956
>>54508907

Yeah, /tg/ isn't the only one who has Star Wars threads. /co/ has /swco/ but they have a totally different OP with a totally different list of shit. /vg/ would need the same and there'd be virtually no crossover unless someone had a random lore question.
>>
>>54508956
Not him but the /swgg/ keeps disappearing every few months then resurfacing on /vg/ so I can understand his confusion on it.
>>
>>54508631

I know those groups exist in canon, but are they included in sourcebooks and statted up?
>>
File: twilek flavourss.jpg (69KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
twilek flavourss.jpg
69KB, 500x375px
>>54508907
There's some crossover in terms of vehicles, character ideas, places etc which tg will quite happily steal for their games, even more so if its actually printed up in a book somewhere.

In terms of actual 'vid games'... most of the decent ones where last made in the early 2000's, the really good ones back in the late 90s and most everything post 2004-5 has been somewhere between 'it's not very good' to 'its fucking rubbish'. I mean there's a chance they'll accidentally make something good someday, but no ones really holding their breath with EA holding the licence.

But yeah, we do tabletop and RPG games here
>>
>>54509143
>accidentally make something good someday
To be fair, a couple of the mobile games are actually pretty okay when judged according to the standards of mobile games. Faint praise, sure, but still, you can tell some love and effort were put into them.
>>
>>54509185
Yeah they're a bit of a niche I've never really looked at, SW Battlefront II doesn't look too bad so far and I'm cautiously optimistic about it.
>>
>>54509185
Most of those borrow heavily from EU too.
>>
>>54509325

At the very least, it looks like DICE is trying with BFII, not just "well, we have a star wars license and we're DICE, so..." like the first one.
>>
>>54509143
We haven't had a good real Star Wars game since Empire at War/Forces of Corruption and Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike, and the Battlefront main and spin-off games. Fuck EA's versions.
>>
>>54503922
>>54504005
Thanks for the replies, I ended up doing something similar on the fly (the player noticed a vent that lead inside) but I wasn't real satisfied with that. I mean, the check failed, right? It was my impression that the triumph/advantage system was designed to be more like "you fail, but you do something else cool/helpful" instead of "you fail but you succeed anyway." You know what I mean?
>>
>>54509325
>>54509561
>>54509592
There was a file-rip of the game, apparently -the PC defects to the NR. Way to have every imperial character eventually defect besides Stele. W
>>
>>54510118
Goddammit, I knew thats how it was going to turn out, the moment they announced the writer. I bet shes force sensitive too.

Thank you for the bad news, Japanese person.
>>
>>54510332
>writer
Who?
>>
>>54510370
The guy who wrote Spec Ops: the Line, his name escapes me for the moment. That game was exactly what I expect this game to be; it starts out trying to show the world from the protagonists perspective, but can't stop itself from being a cheesy soapbox piece about the horrors of war.
>>
File: battlefield bad company.jpg (39KB, 656x368px) Image search: [Google]
battlefield bad company.jpg
39KB, 656x368px
>>54510429
Oh. Darn. What ever happened to the Bad Company series writers? They would have been perfect for Battlefront.
>>
File: 407070cbeccdf02c6bbc02b3aa1c8deb.jpg (228KB, 920x1400px) Image search: [Google]
407070cbeccdf02c6bbc02b3aa1c8deb.jpg
228KB, 920x1400px
>>54510446
Hell yeah, motherfucker.
>>
>>54506963
am i the only one who sees a bwing? pls explain how it's a snowspeeder at all?>>54506986
>>
File: 1488750196032.gif (2MB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1488750196032.gif
2MB, 209x213px
>>54505688
>The Light Side of the Force does not exist. There is the Force, and the Dark Side of the Force.
>>
>>54511778
He's right though. In the OT I don't think there's a single reference explicitly by name to the "Light Side", which first was canonized in EU well after it came out. In the OT films all they say is Dark Side/Dark Side of the Force and the Force
>>
>>54511803
>In the OT films all they say is Dark Side/Dark Side of the Force and the Force

They also call everyone Jedi, including Vader.

Vader and Palps also say "The Force", only adding Dark Side when talking to Luke to convince him to join their side.

That alone proves there are two sides, and it'd be awkward for a Light-side Jedi like Yoda to always say "The Light Side of the Force" or for a Dark-side Sith like Palpatine to always say "The Dark Side of the Force".

Then even before the nucanon memes there are neutral Force users who either used a mix of both or who forsook both., and then you have tons of in-universe theories on the Force, including ideas that it has no sides at all (Unifying) or the one you're presenting which is there's only Light, Dark is a twisted version (Living).

We've never been shown any theory to be solidly true in EU canon, but what is objectively fact is that the Force does have at least three possible aspects; Light, Dark, Neutral.

The Living Force theory is definitely plausible and is in-universe, but that's just a theory.

a GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
>>
>>54511939
>They also call everyone Jedi, including Vader.

And what I mean by this is also that the OT came at a time when Lucas didn't know if he would make a big mythology or long history of the universe. A lot of details, like Jedi and Sith, were extremely vague and later expanded upon in detail.

For things like that the OT honestly makes a pretty poor reference.
>>
>>54509592
>Empire at War/Forces of Corruption
>or any of that other shit
>good

There's been only one good star wars vidya in 40-odd years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoUF7h-EpzE
>>
>>54512329
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>54511939
>>54511803
Clone Wars (which is canon) did confirm the duality with the Ones (Light Side Daughter, Dark Side Son, Middle/Balance Father)

Rebels also has the Bendu who is explicitly referred to as "the Middle" ground between the Jedi and the Sith

The first TFA trailer also has Snoke directly stating "the Dark Side and the Light"

Light Side is canon bro
>>
>>54512349
That's not what's being argued.
>>
>>54512362
Ignore me then
>>
>>54502323
I really liked the line of the Father and its portrayal of the Force and how all things need to be balanced or everything goes to shit.

In general I like the idea that too much Light is just as bad as too much Dark, and how in the EU especially Jedi were often portrayed more as samurai than as fantasy knight-heroes.

Sure, samurai were often very strictly honorable and followed moral codes, but their arrogance, self-centered ideas, and extreme stubbornness, among other things, led them to be just as fucked up as the people they claimed to be superior to.
>>
>>54512530
I just wish we could have gotten to know the nuJO and seen how Luke tried to avoid the mistakes of the past in this continuity. Killing them off right at the start of the trilogy was a waste of potential.
>>
>>54508071
Krath cultists. Nexus of Power for Empress Teta and Wookieepedia for more detail. Just used them for a recent adventure and it went swimmingly, player loved it.
>>
>>54512572
Everything about this trilogy is a waste of potential, because Didney is too terrified of killing its multi-billion dollar sacred cow to make any non-safe moves with it.
>>
>>54512572
As much as I prefer EU over Nucanon I'm much more interested to see how NuLuke is, mainly because EU Luke became the town bicycle to any and every author wanting to twist him into a convenient Mary Sue or Twilight-esque emo heartthrob.
>>
File: swblueprints_tiedefender.jpg (172KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
swblueprints_tiedefender.jpg
172KB, 600x764px
Sup /tg/, looking for some critique on my x-wing list. I'm playing in a tournament on the weekend, the gimmick of which is that you cannot have any unique cards, and you cannot have any duplicate pilots or upgrades (you can have duplicate ships, as long as the pilots are different). I mostly own and play Imperials, and I've come up with the list below:

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Onyx Squadron Pilot (32)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Zeta Specialist (23)
Fire-Control System (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Total: 100

Initially the idea was 3 Defenders, since they're tanky, badass ships, and there are 3 non-unique pilots. However, I ended up swapping out the Delta Squadron pilot for the TIE/SF; he's got a higher pilot skill, and he's cheaper, so he can fit on upgrades that make him functionally a Defender anyway. Glaive is supposed to be a mini-Ryad, although the couple of practice games I managed to get in last night showed it's really not the same build without all those green K-turns. Considered Predator instead, but being able to focus + target lock with a very green dial is quite nice.

Thoughts? What would you fly if you were going to take Imperials under the same limitations? I have most of the Imperial ships to play with, although I'm a little light on some upgrades since I don't have that many ships outside Imperials, but any suggestions are welcome.
>>
>>54502323
Oh no... Star Wars Destiny sounds... fun. I might need to convince a friend to try it with me. How much does it cost to get into at a very casual level? Any recommendations on how to get into it?
>>
>>54512568
Of course the trick was that those incarnations of "balance" with the dark side amounted to "it can't be gotten rid of entirely, only controlled, so acknowledge that it exists but don't let it loose" which was the mainstream non-prequal Jedi take for literally as long as people have been writing about that shit
>>
>>54512597
>Nu
Stop that.
>>
>>54511129
It's not a visual 1:1 obviously, but it's clearly for the same purpose.
>>
>>54512593
Tarantino Star Wars movie when?
>>
>>54507021
Squadronless builds are usually on the weaker end, but it varies with the meta. Every now and then one finishes well at regionals.
>>
>>54512730
A PTL Glaive is terrible-put on Juke instead.
>>
File: 8-1458053644.jpg (37KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
8-1458053644.jpg
37KB, 640x396px
>>54513364
>Tarantino Star Wars movie when?
Robert Rodriguez could probably do it as well, there was also a time that David Lynch was going to direct Return of the Jedi. That could have been pretty trippy!
>>
>>54512732
Buy two copies each of the Kylo starter set and the Rey starter set. Build those decks more-or-less as you'd expect (add an extra Stormtrooper to Kylo's deck), and have a few games. That's the cheapest way to get into the thing while deciding whether or not you like it. eKylo/Trooper/Trooper can be competitive as well, albeit you might need to make a few additions to really get it to sing in the post-Spirit world.

If you do want to expand, just treat it a bit like Magic - look up a deck you like the sound of, and buy the singles off eBay. Destiny is pretty reasonable, with most Rares averaging only a few dollars each, and all but a couple of the big Legendaries clocking in at under $20.00.

It is a lot of fun. It has suffered a little from early teething issues with distribution, but they're being worked on. There'll be a soft re-launch early next year, but until then you can play winning decks with just the starter decks and a few extra cards.
>>
>>54508071
What era?
>>
>>54511939
I used to like game theory but now he's become a meme spewing sellout
>>
>>54514901
I want you to imagine Django Unchained and the only thing that's different is its star wars.
>>
File: say what again.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
say what again.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
>>54513364
WHAT DOES MACELLUS WINDU LOOK LIKE?
>>
File: machete_kills_in_space.jpg (28KB, 634x360px) Image search: [Google]
machete_kills_in_space.jpg
28KB, 634x360px
>>54516107
I was thinking laser sword Machete actually
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-25-08-41-29.png (256KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-25-08-41-29.png
256KB, 1080x1920px
>>54507021

You could deploy something like this. A single ISD and a trio of Raiders to be be AA vessels for you.
>>
>>54512732
Buy starters, buy blisters, enjoy
The game is really fun and easy to learn. I would recommend a Jango Fett/FN-2199 deck. It's easy to play, cheap and very strong
>>
>>54516521
>>54507021
Yeah, Raider-I with either title, Agent Kallus, Ordnance Experts, and Flechettes Torpedoes kills squadrons pretty dead, but it's also tricky to use and dies fast if you mess up the timing of sending it in

Not sure what kind of traitor doesn't love TIEs, though.
>>
>>54512730
A few threads ago I mentioned someone who flew this list that I believe meets the criteria:

TIE Interceptor: Saber Squadron Pilot (21)
TIE Fighter: Academy Pilot (12)
TIE Fighter: Obsidian Squadron Pilot (13)
TIE/fo Fighter: Epsilon Squadron Pilot (15)
TIE/fo Fighter: Zeta Squadron Pilot (16)
TIE/sf Fighter: Zeta Specialist (23)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

I suppose you could put on Special Ops training on the SF and call it a day
>>
>>54503727

Others have answered the question, but my answer to the question would be to have something narratively interesting occur.

For instance, if it is a door they were attempting to pick open, have them hear footsteps approaching from the other side. The players are then faced with a choice, do they hide, and then attempt to sneak in before the door closes, or do they attempt to subdue the person?

The happenstance doesn't even need to be related to the door itself; something could happen elsewhere which would assist the party in their goal, such as some guards getting distracted by something (conversation, food, whatever), which could make the party's task simpler.
>>
Spacebump
>>
>>54512808
That and the acceptance that emotions such as passion, anger, jealousy, and hate are very human emotions (or alien too in alien cases) and that trying to fight them and restrain them can fuck up your mind like it did with Anakin, who was chafing under the cold and unwavering Jedi code long before Palpy started working the mind games, and many other Jedi too. If you achieve peace by pretending all other emotions don't exist and aren't worth existing then all you have is an artificial and very fragile tranquility rather than something natural or true.

This is why the Light needs balanced with the Dark. A good example very similar is Michael Moorcock, who's been brought up plenty and who may've been inspiration on the design of the Force. If Law (Light) were to become completely dominant the world would become sterile and die. If Chaos (Dark) were to become completely dominant the world would go down in a violent blaze of destruction. The world's fucked without balance, and in-universe the Father arc supports this.
>>
>>54519775
Like the *entire point* of the prequel Jedi Order was that they were doing things *wrong* and were in fact very close to the dark side but didn't realize it
>>
>>54505646
There was an episode of Clone Wars where the light side was personified as Daughter, the dark side as Son, and the balance as Father. So perhaps there is some credibility to the force having a feminine side, but not to it being feminine in general.

At the end of the day, common mythological tropes have Life associated with the feminine because Birth is essential to Life. The light side defends and supports Life, so its makes sense that it would be feminine, but I suppose we will see as the rest of the movies plays out, however I expect them to focus more on the balance aspect of the force rather than the light or dark sides.
>>
>>54507039
I noticed the same thing. Maybe its not a turbine, but a fan to keep his booty cool
>>
>>54521530
It might help keep his cockpit from fogging up if it gets too hot in there.
>>
File: cdc.jpg (45KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
cdc.jpg
45KB, 546x366px
>>54506963
So who's buying and scanning this on release day for all us Armada players who don't care that much about the movie but want to know what spaceships to look forward to?
>>
>>54521588

The same person who supplies the high quality scans of the RPG books.

ie. You, once you've gotten bored of posting "Scan when" or similar for a few days.
>>
>>54511939
>ignoring the Insidious Force
The Force is an uncaring, insidious god.
T. Kreia
>>
File: AM-1s_armed.jpg (52KB, 509x467px) Image search: [Google]
AM-1s_armed.jpg
52KB, 509x467px
>>54521614
Homie, I could never get tired of whenposting. I love it so much I do it about multiple topics on multiple chans in multiple languages.
>>
>>54516107
Weird. Just saw Django yesterday and kept thinking how easy it would be to borrow characters and scenes for EotE game. I'm pretty sure you can make any story fit in the Star Wars universe.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1553x661px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1553x661px
>>54521768
>t. Qui-gon
>>
File: original jedi code.png (9KB, 219x145px) Image search: [Google]
original jedi code.png
9KB, 219x145px
>>54521121
This anon has it correct. I don't understand why so many anons keep forgetting that the prequel OJO was doing it wrong. Compare the "modern" Jedi Code with the original (pic related). Notice how the latter doesn't deny emotion. It acknowledges and accepts them as a natural part of life.
>>
File: 1441606067249.jpg (89KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
1441606067249.jpg
89KB, 640x456px
Alright, guys, I've finally decided to make my own sequel trilogy, in the form of a (probably) d6 campaign. The thing is, this is a big undertaking, and I'd like you guys help. I already have my own ideas about what the plot is going to be, but I'll withhold those for now.

So first lets start at the most basic question: what is the primary conflict? Who are the good guys, who are the bad guys, and why are they fighting? How would the protagonists get involved? Like I said, I already have some ideas, but I'd like to hear some from you guys. You can go as nuts as you'd like, but I do have a few guidelines:

1) It should be connected with the original star wars trilogy. Like, a part what made the YuVong suck is they came completely out of nowhere, and had nothing to do with the greater star wars universe. There should be some connection between the conflict in the OT and the ST.

2) It shouldn't be a repeat of the OT. While there should be a connection to it, it needs new characters and factions to make it feel unique and different. One of the biggest complaints about Episode VII is that its essentially "the empire returns with a new superweapon" and I'd like to avoid that.

3) The last one I can think of is no reusing plots or characters from the EU. As much as I love Thrawn and Katarn and all the others, I don't think you can recapture the magic of those stories in a Role-playing game.

Anyways, any ideas you guys have would be appreciated.
>>
What is everyone's opinion on the YuVong? I actually liked them conceptually, but they didn't feel very Star Warsy. Maybe it was just because I was young when I read the NJO books but I also kinda liked the grittiness that felt somewhat uncommon to Star Wars.
>>
>>54524725
Literally worst thing to happen to the franchise that didn't star Hayden Christiansen or Jake Lloyd.
>>
>>54524600
The interesting thing is, in nucanon, the Jedi actually teach both - the X, yet Y version is the first version taught, then as the students get older they learn the other.

>>54524600
>>54521121

It's not so much that they were "close to the dark side" (though they were corrupted by a dark side shrine), it was more that their arrogance lead to their downfall; their biggest enemy was considered long gone so they failed to be prepared for a galactic scale war made specifically to turn the galaxy against them.
>>
>>54524651
War on drugs, lad. New Republic takes it to the Hutts.
>>
File: 1441605895187.jpg (166KB, 521x540px) Image search: [Google]
1441605895187.jpg
166KB, 521x540px
>>54524811
>the deathstick wars: sleazebagganos revenge
>>
>>54524770

Why?
>>
>>54525065
Extragalactic S&M religious zealots who are immune to the Force and have weapons and armor that are immune to lightsabers. And they're made of genetically engineered species.

They killed off Chewie in the first book just to kick up the stakes.

And yes, like you said, they didn't feel very Star Wars-y. The books before that were kind of floundering with Imperial Remnant Warlord of the Week, but they went seriously overboard with the Vong.
>>
>>54502323
Sup /swg/ I have a question-

I want to try to develop an AI that plays X-wing well. It would only be feasible to design if it only 'learns' how to play with a single list.

My question is this- is there a list that stands the test of time?

My guess is CrackSwarm of some type.

Is there another type of list that works? I was also thinking Brobots for the theme, but they don't always seem meta viable.
>>
File: mickey.jpg (75KB, 1034x738px) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
75KB, 1034x738px
>>54525243
Y'know, I wouldn't really mind if it didn't feel like star wars, if it did something unique and interesting. But no, they just went for the ultra-cliche "organic bio-tech" aliens, and they did it in the most cliche way possible. And of course, they had to top it off with the "immune to the force" thing, like its some shonen battle anime. Fuck I'm still salty.
>>
File: 1337230934258.jpg (485KB, 500x784px) Image search: [Google]
1337230934258.jpg
485KB, 500x784px
>>54525771
Even as someone who likes bio-tech, including animu biotech like pic related, I couldn't stand the Vong. The whole sado-masochist thing felt too much like someone read the cliff's notes of Dark Eldar and wanted to that, but worse. And the whole "lol immune to Force!" thing was just dressing on the mary sue salad they became after the whole thing that they were the reason Palpatine formed the Empire: to guard the galaxy from the coming Vong threat. And the Vong secretly organized the Rebellion to disrupt Palpy's good intentions.
It also kicked off a spree of murdering named characters just to make the crisis du jour seem threatening. I'm not saying all the named characters need invincible plot armor, but the clunky way the Vong series went about killing Chewie set the precedent for clunky killing off other character that people like just to get a cheap emotional reaction.
>>
>>54524770
No, anon, that's everything Disney have done
>>
I didn't mind the Vong personally. I really don't think the concept of organic biotech aliens was cliche back in 1999 when Vector Prime came out and they were introduced. I can think of a few examples, but the whole reasonably fleshed out Vong religion and the explanation behind it felt better than the "Imperial remnants" that the EU had going for it before NJO.

The lack of Force presence was pretty shit, as was the cheesy way they killed off Chewbacca, but that was a directive from Lucas himself to get people to take the EU more seriously. (later clearly rescinded when he saw the $$$ again)

Jacen Solo as Darth Caedus is the singlehandedly most shit part of the EU in my opinion.
>>
File: Jabitha_negvv.png (178KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
Jabitha_negvv.png
178KB, 640x479px
>>54526108
Okay, I misspoke. I don't think bio-tech is cliche at all, in fact its pretty cool imo, I'm more annoyed that they treated bio-tech like something that had never been done before in sci-fi. Plus, like most poorly done examples of bio-tech, they just ripped off H.R. Giger for the aesthetic, without understanding what made his designs work. Pic related is a great example of star wars biotech done well.

Fuck yeah, another Guyverfag
>>
YuVong started for FFG when?
>>
>>54526330
It wasn't a directive from Lucas.

The only actual directive he had was that they couldn't kill off the big three, and that the enemy couldn't be dark side force users.

It definitely wasn't George saying to do it as a way for getting people to take the EU seriously.
>>
>>54526108
>after the whole thing that they were the reason Palpatine formed the Empire: to guard the galaxy from the coming Vong threat. And the Vong secretly organized the Rebellion to disrupt Palpy's good intentions.
this isn't true at all, especially the second part.

the first part is just from a Zahn book, and literally all that's said is that Palpatine found out about an extragalactic threat (through the Chiss) and was preparing for it, but this was already post-TPM, shortly pre-AotC. Palpatine was already on track to become Emperor, he just used the ambiguous threat of outsiders to convince some of his higher-ups that his plans were justified.

hate the Vong for reasons they deserve, don't perpetuate made up memes. it makes it look like you're just regurgitating what you've heard on the internet.
>>
>>54526525
>>54526330
the directive from Lucas was to kill off Anakin Solo because he thought people would be confused by AotC, originally Jacen was supposed to die in Star by Star
>>
>>54527108
That was a separate decree several years later.

What I posted was the original guidelines he had - no Force users, no killing one of the big three. Thats what he set up when they brought up their plans, before Vector Prime was written.

Anakin Solo wasn't killed off until Star By Star, twenty books in to the series and two years after Vector Prime was released.
>>
>>54526525

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Prime

I wasn't right that George Lucas gave the order to kill Chewie, only that he basically approved his death. It was also definitely to make people feel like the main characters weren't safe in the EU.
>>
>>54527195
Wait, not twenty. Sorry, was reading it wrong. Ten books.

>>54527206
Still not George there. He only acquiesced to them killing off Chewie in a "sure, whatever" sort of way. He didn't personally sign off on killing Chewie, he just didn't say no to it.
>>
I didn't state otherwise in my revised comment, but anyway, it was a gimmicky move. In general though I am ok with the Vong and I don't get the wild hatred they've received, they were at worst mediocre.

Caedus always seemed way worse, and the Traviss clusterfucks with the Fandalorians.
>>
>>54527195
that's... exactly what I said. I was correcting >>54526330
>>
>>54527334
You're misunderstanding what I said. Killing Anakin was a separate decree from the others. They approached him with a bunch of questions, and Anakin Solo was not among them initially until he saw that they were making him into what he saw as a mirror for Anakin Skywalker.
>>
>reroll three blank dice then double all positive results after canceling
Why is Gambler the best crafter?
>>
What do you guys think about the barash vow and how could you incorporate it into your games?
>>
>>54527418
Gambler is an OP piece of shit that no one knows about because shitters are too busy complaining about autofire.
>>
>>54527495
It seems like the best way to give F&D players a force guide without overshadowing them as the players because "can't help you, took an oath not to do jedi shit"

>>54527611
Probably because the class has no combat career skills, desu.
>>
>>54527644
>>54527611
Also it's 205 xp around the tree to grab every double or nothing and dedication instead of 75 straight down like other trees. Once you're balls deep in the tree it's memetic, but it takes a long time to get there.
>>
>>54527680
An average session gives anywhere between 30 to 50 exp so it's not that bad
>>
>>54527722
Maybe at your table, senpai, but not at mine.
>>
>>54527749
Well how much at your table
>>
>>54527770
With our group's previous GM not more than 25. We recently switched GMs to let the old one be a player and the new one has told us rewards will be be credit heavy but xp light.
>>
>>54527722
That's way, way beyond the recommended amount. FaD says the fastest advancement should be 25 point base, plus 5 point per milestone or story arc completed. Base level advancement is like 10-15. You guys are getting ridiculous amounts of XP, especially in those sessions you're getting close to 50.
>>
>>54527397
I know. That's what I said.
>>
I liked the Vong era comic where Han's mourning Chewie and Boba Fett forces him down on I think Raxus Prime or Ord Mantell or some other scrapheap, then houdns him for hours or days despite being "Killed" several times.

All to train new recruits and to give Han some motivation to fight the Vong by claiming to work for them and saying something about Chewie as a final insult before leaving him there.

All to motivate the guy, isn't that just a swell thing for a rival to do?

Also I like the idea that when Fenn tried to make Boba leader he just decided to throw rookies at Han to die.
>>
Was wiping out Rogue One and the Partisan a good or bad storytelling decision. Killing off every last member of the resistance forced to fight dirty is just wasted potential
>>
>>54528552
Killing off the Rogue One team was the only way to tie up that story line without leaving too much shit dangling as to why they aren't involved in any later events or movies.
>>
>>54528588
Just write a book about them being up to something else during the battle of yavin, desu.
>>
>>54528620
No, it's better to kill them now before people start wanting them in the sequel series.
It's perfectly fine as a self-contained side story. That it kills off the main cast just keeps it self-contained within the larger universe.
>>
>>54528659
Introducing them just to kill them felt cheap, especially since more time was allotted to their deaths than actually making me give a shit about them.
>>
>>54528683
If you wanted more of them, then the movie did its job of developing them.
It's better to leave the audience wanting more than wanting less.
>>
>>54525383
Maybe you could check this out? >>54483730

From what I can tell of how it works, you tell the ai what direction the closest ship is to you and if it's closing in or retreating from you. It'll then spit out a maneuver for you to move the ship and a list of actions to perferm where you perform the first one that is applicable. It seems to be like an interesting first thought but there are some things that could make it better.

>but they don't always seem meta viable.
While true, I'd say that trying to code less objects at first is easier so it may help to work on something besides a swarm
>>
>>54528707
You're misunderstanding me on a fundamental level. The movie didn't develop any of them. They tossed in a couple mega-tropes then tried to make me feel something when they died. If more time had been invested in evolving them past the most basic form of "blind monk," "heavy weapons guy," and "robot mcquips" then it wouldn't have felt so insincere.
>>
>>54528683
Plenty of movies introduce characters that die by the end, though.
>>
>>54528800
Star Wars has always been about tropey characters
>>
>>54528552
>>54528588
It was the only justification for them being Mary Sue action copies who could somehow survive against numerous Stormtroopers and other things. It was a good decision but overall the Empire should've been far more competent to begin with.
>>
>>54530032

I mean, I'm pretty sure one of the themes of R1 was that the Empire had quickly become arrogant and complacent and that it was gonna continue to bite them in the ass, as we had already seen.

>"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph?"
>>
>>54530128
Tarkin being a gloryhound doesn't mean individual Stormtroopers trained to be elite shocktroopers freeze up and act like mannequins when faced with even slight opposition, particularly from a group of insurgents with no real combat training.

At least ANH had the excuse of them being ordered to allow the group to escape (by none other than Tarkin of course) and that any sacrifices they made would benefit the entire Empire.

At the beginning of ANH they curbstomp Rebel marines (elite honor guards of Leia if you follow EU canon), they stomp throughout ESB, and they stomp in RotJ until the Emperor dies and after George got his teddy bear 'Nam allegory out of the way.
>>
>>54502323
OP here
How's this for an idea:
You heard of the TIE Defender?
What about the TIE Offender?
Post your ideas for the design of the ship and then how you would market it if you were Sienar.

Here's mine
>Design: TIE Bomber chassis with Interceptor wings; bomb bay modified for a larger engine so torpedos/missiles only

>Slogans: "New Triggering Mechansism!" And "Psychologically harass your enemy!"
>>
>>54524651
I'd start it ~16-20 years after endor, the imperial remnant has packed it in, the old heroes have ridden off into the sunset to raise their kids and/or teach, the old EU things that everyone likes have already happened
>Episode VII: Clear And Present Danger
>NR decides it's time to do what the empire and late OR both failed to do, and decides to hardcore blitz all the damn pirates and slavers and other assorted motherfuckers to death. Hutts get removed, gentleman imperials are all for it, and a wookiee jumps off the top rope and stone cold stunners a motherfucker to death
>a connection between slavers and some bad evil shit way out in the Unknown Regions is discovered

>Episode VIIII: Extreme Ways
>An expedition to Way The Hell Out There is organized
>discovers a crazed dark side warrior cult descended from the followers of a mad warlord who fled the Old Republic a long time ago, and are gathering (cloning/enslaving?) forces for their prophecied reinvasion of Known Space
>they can't outright stop the invasion, but with a little help from locals who aren't into that sort of thing, they can slow it down and return with a warning

>Episode IX: The Final Countdown
>the invaders arrive straight into the jaws of a NR and IR navy who'll fight them to the gates of hell
>many spaceships explode
>daring Jedi manages (with the help of enemy waifu who isn't so much for Dark Side shit) to kill the Supreme Leader of the invaders in a Space Who's The Boss Hell In A Cell match according to their traditional customs, therefore halting the invasion temporarily, before he resigns his position and leaves them scrambling for a new leader

After this, you have this failed splintered invasion with all kinds of bad voodoo leftovers, the last few warlords, pirates who escaped the crackdown and want revenge, just all sorts of possible foes in a dangerous but hopeful galaxy, just perfect for PCs
>>
>>54530316
>, particularly from a group of insurgents with no real combat training.
????
>>
>>54528827
Yes, but other movies made you give a shit for them
>>
>>54532383
Possibly, but it's also possible you were a kid and easier to be made to care about those characters. They also had three movies to do that instead of just one.
>>
>>54530316
>Rebels
>no real combat training
Did you miss all the Imperial defectors and Clone Wars veterans on the Rebellion's roster in the films?
>Crix Madine
>Han Solo
>Garven Dreis
>Biggs and Hobbie
>Davish Krail
>Dutch Vander
And outside of the films, you have guys like Tycho Celchu, Edor Crespin, Kyle Katarn, Kanan, Echuu Shen-Jon, and pretty much every Alderaanian in the Imperial military after Yavin.
>>
>>54532608
Don't forget about Wedge, lad.
>>
>>54534110
I haven't kept up with nucanon. Legends Wedge joined the Rebellion as a civilian. Is canon Wedge an actual defector or was he just in disguise in that Rebels episode?
>>
>>54534123
There's a whole arc where they try to get Wedge and his imperial cadet pals away from the empire.
>>
File: 1486839265839.jpg (969KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1486839265839.jpg
969KB, 2048x1365px
I'm still in the process of reading manuals, consolidating resources, etc, but I had an idea to kick off my campaign that I think I'll use. (I'm the guy that asked about KotOR)

My friends want to build different kinds of characters. At the moment it's looking like there will be one smuggler and two Jedi. My thought is that the Jedi will be learners taught well after Order 66 by a stray survivor who met some unfortunate end or was otherwise separated from them.

They'll now be searching for another Jedi to teach them and hopefully bring them into some greater Jedi fold so they can participate in the shadow war going on between what's left of the Jedi and Sith (/Palpatine's dark siders).

To that end, the smuggler player suggested he could have fallen in with them by offering his vessel as a kind of space uber to take them somewhere. This 'somewhere' will be a space station (haven't decided what part of the galaxy yet, probably Outer Rim) where rumor has it that a Jedi has been hiding.

I want the first session to lull the party into a sense of cozy space storytime on this peaceful-ish backwater, when suddenly the curtain will drop and after the first few games, an Imperial Inquisitor will drop in and quarantine the station. I've already decided that for lack of an organized Sith faction given the Rule of Two, I'll either be beefing up the Imperial Inquisition into an important faction, or saying that the Empire has ties with the secret One Sith group whose influence is beginning to fester in the Unknown Regions. For now though I have an Inquisitor in mind.

I figure he'll start using Sith magic to locate the Jedi on the station. I haven't thought much past here, but I foresee a situation where the Jedi in hiding will meet the party to help them avoid the Inquisitor's prying eyes, or else the Jedi will sacrifice him/herself to avoid betraying the party to the Empire but leaving them coordinates towards their next destination.

That's my rough outline so far.
>>
>>54505582
>as the Light Side is feminine and Dark is masculine and came to them from a Force Tree) can we expect to see Avatars of the Force as units or even a background

Porn when?
>>
>>54516242
You shot Yoda in the face?
>>
File: Desann_and_Jerec.jpg (353KB, 487x634px) Image search: [Google]
Desann_and_Jerec.jpg
353KB, 487x634px
>>54534272
Beefed up Inquisitorius seems more sensible than One Sith shenanigans. Legends Inquisitors were already pretty damn scary. Former OJO veterans like Jerec could definitely bitch-slap trained Jedi with ease. Plus, I get the feeling that even Inquisitors would consider the One Sith to be bitch-tier. Darth Krayt got laughed at by Darth Nihilus, of all people. The Dan Hibiki of Sith Lords thought Krayt was a bitch.
>>
Lateposting:

The problem with biotech is when it's not actually allowed to follow its own logic to its natural conclusions.

Too often, sci-fi biotech is "identical to regular tech but kinda gross looking". Same guns, same spaceships, same everything, just (usually red) and slimey.

If you have a major battle, and it's between the good guys and the bad guys, and the only differences between an ISD with Stormtroopers and a biotech ship with biotech soldiers are the props and CGI, you're just being lazy.

Biotech should represent an entirely alternate developmental path, with entirely different assumptions and outcomes, resulting in entirely different tactics and structures.

Not "it's a naval battleship in space, but like, also alive, or something."
>>
File: image.png (655KB, 768x1011px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
655KB, 768x1011px
>>54534272
Make sure you glance at Far Horizons if you want to get dangerously comfy.
>>
File: 1490373805085.jpg (864KB, 1080x1624px) Image search: [Google]
1490373805085.jpg
864KB, 1080x1624px
>>54534462
I lol'd at "Dan Hibiki" of Sith Lords, but why would that analogy work for Darth Nihilus?

Yeah, I think just the word "Inquisitor" makes them sound more formidable from the POV of my players, who are FRESH Star Wars newbies with no real knowledge of anything beyond the movies and [gasp] even the OT are a bit spotty (hence why I'm willing to play fast and loose with some subtler aspects). I have one of them playing through KotOR right now.

But yeah, I don't know if this thread typically examines campaign ideas and looks at what interesting logical progressions the story could follow, but that would be cool. I always am more creative in a think tank than solo.

>>54534488
I was in that conversation and I agree with you, but I wouldn't expect a pulpy fandom like Star Wars to follow a trope to its natural logical conclusion. That said, don't the Yuuzhan Vong hit most of the points you just mentioned?

What I like most of them is that, from what I've read about biotech in fiction, they're the most "complete" in the sense that their culture and technological analogues were explored quite a bit over the course of all the NJO books. If you want to look at other big fantasy biotech up until then, you've got... Zerg and Tyranids, fringe forerunner sci-fi books from way earlier, and smaller games like Star Control and System Shock?

None of those really go into depth on the social repercussions of the technological path (that I can think of off the top of my head). The Vong did that, even if it wasn't fantastically executed.

From a "literary" point of view, it probably would have been better to leave biotech as some mysterious alien technology a la the Vorlons in Babylon 5. It just got kinda squicky with the Vong.
>>
>>54534743
>but why would that analogy work for Darth Nihilus
In the unmodded release version of the game, Nihilus is comically weak. By the time you face him in the game, his damage output, power usage, and health pool are so poor that you'd have to actively gimp your build to actually face any real challenge. I'm talking unarmed consular slap fights here.
>>
>>54534743
>Yeah, I think just the word "Inquisitor" makes them sound more formidable from the POV of my players
Have the Inquisitor come initially to kill a force sensitive baby then stick around because he senses the jedi. Or they could try to save the baby, depending on how things go.
>>
Think Armada will get a First Order TIE with a different statline when it breaks into sequel era?

Considering painting my ties up in FO colors.
>>
>>54531191

I'd just add more gun and more engines in place of shields and armour.

Like, the Defender has 3 solar plates? Let's have 4! Also, fuck those Ion Cannons, we aint taking prisoners, let's just make them all blasters for 8 blasters.
Maybe add a couple more to the ball itself, maybe squeeze in a pair of missile racks just to make it extra explody.

>For whom? The pilot or the thing he's shooting at?

Yes.
>>
>>54508272
I use both Obligation and a modified form of Morality in my game. Three characters use EotE classes and the fourth uses FaD. It works great.
>>
>>54508215
Anyone have a PDF of this?
>>
>>54537082

Check the links up top, I think there is a DoH scan there.

Can't speak for it's quality, however.
>>
>>54537372
No, it's got most everything else besides DoH, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>54524725

I liked their concept, and the books were better then the older "A new super weapon in every book!" ones.
>>
>>54537416
Please post here if you find/decide to scan a copy, I would also be interested in seeing the book.
>>
File: at-dp.png (231KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
at-dp.png
231KB, 300x468px
FFG finally gave Imperial Assault players a new preview of Heart of the Empire. Campaign focused, but we got to see a few deployment cards for skirmish, too.

I find it really odd that the AT-DP is only speed 3. However, I do think it has a lot of potential, between Assault and Charge Generators. A double attack with the Charge Generators bonus will ruin a lot of figures' day. And it's pretty tough for a 9-point figure. I think this may be our first vehicle (real vehicle, not Jet Troopers) that is competitively viable.
>>
File: sentry droid.png (224KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
sentry droid.png
224KB, 300x468px
>>54542487
The regular Sentry Droid is interesting, but I'm not certain if it is good. Maybe it adds enough fill to make Droid lists viable. I want to see the elite version.
>>
File: clawdite shapeshifter.png (216KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
clawdite shapeshifter.png
216KB, 300x468px
>>54542562
The Clawdite Shapeshifter will depend so much on what the "form" cards do. Hunter - Spy is an interesting trait combo, but its stat line is just OK, and a red+green ranged attack with no inherent accuracy bonus is questionable.
>>
So my players are going to be trekking through forest on a primitive world for about a week, what are some good non-combat encounters to do while they travel/find their way through the wilds?
>>
File: k a magical place.jpg (106KB, 1210x1016px) Image search: [Google]
k a magical place.jpg
106KB, 1210x1016px
>>54543216
An idiot playing around with homemade incendiary ammunition accidentally sets the woods on fire.
>>
File: 1441606849962.jpg (486KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1441606849962.jpg
486KB, 2048x1536px
>>54531336
Shit, this whole time I've been trying to think of a good "early story" antagonist, I don't know why I never thought of Scum. A great pirate lord unifying the worst people of the galaxy to plunder and pillage a weak NR and IR. I'm thinking the guy would be a mixture of Blackbeard and Char; a daring, dashing, jovial masked man with a secret agenda. Plus, I have a wide array of canonical lieutenants (dengar, bossk, ect.) to choose from.

Also, I'm of two minds on the whole "menace from unexplored space" plot. I mean, I love it, but its done so often, it has to be the most common star wars story. Tales of the Jedi, Kotor I, NJO, Thrawn, hell, it even looks like the plot of the new trilogy is going to be this. At the same time, its so common because it works so well, its very star wars-y. Fuck, I don't know.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>54532383
To be completely serious with you, I'm not seeing the difference in character development between the R1 characters and the OT characters if they were limited to a single movie like Episode IV.
>>
>>54543216
A young prince on a noble quest to slay a princess and rescue a dragon.
>>
>>54531336
...is it just me or are 8 and 9 here basically just Battletech's Clan Invasion but slightly modified?
>>
>>54542562
I really want to see Elite sentry droids-

On the other half, i'm kind of disappointed with the way balance has shifted lately- it's as if post-jabba is a sudden spike upwards in power.
>>
>>54543492
I love that story
>>
>>54544934
I'm kind of torn. There is some power creep, but the game needed the bottom end of the power level to creep up for a long time.

There are figures up through around Hoth that will never be played competitively, but they never were in the first place, because they weren't competitive even when they were new. Mak doesn't hit hard enough. Loku, Gaarkhan, Fenn, and Biv all are too squishy. Saska doesn't come close to being worth her cost. Han and Chewie never had enough action economy. Snowtroopers aren't tanky enough to give up so much firepower compared to Stormtroopers.

There are figures that have fallen out of favor with rules changes. Royal Guards, Imperial Officers, and Rebel Saboteurs all got directly nerfed. Changes in scoring (and the introduction of Jabba) have really hurt low-cost troopers.

But there also are figures that have been edged out by the introduction of figures that are just plain better. For example, Diala had a part to play early on taking chunks out of tough figures like Vader and AT-STs. She was a roleplayer, but she was in the game. Now you never see her because of she has become too fragile even for that role, with things like Deadly and Tough Luck in the game. Before you could gamble on dodges and recovering health to keep her alive long enough to be worth her cost. You don't see much of Luke1 or Leia anymore, either, also because of durability issues.
>>
For X-Wing, what is the difference between a bomb and a mine?

Do bombs explode the turn they are dropped vs mines staying around til they're hit?

Does only the ship being hit by the bomb/mine take damage?

I've been trying to figure out how they work, since I've watched games where people have had all ships at range 1 of the bomb/mine roll for damage and not just the ship hitting it (no where in the rules can I find any mention of that), or dropping their bombs before moving instead of after as an action.

A link fully explaining bombs/mines would be great. Also one fully explaining huge ships would be good too, since I just got my first one.
>>
>>54531191
I always thought at some point Sienar would just go 'fuck it' and design a TIE bomber around a single, massive anti shipping torpedo/cruise missile

>>54543216
Nemodian brain worms
>>
>>54546343
There are two types of bomb upgrade cards-

Bomb-Bombs and Mine-bombs.

Bomb-Bombs are Seismic Charges, Ion Bombs Thermal Detonators, Proton Bombs, and Bomblet Generator. These bombs are dropped immediately before you reveal your dial.

These explode at the end of the activiation phase, and hit every ship at range 1 of them.

There is one way to drop them after you finish your move- 'Genius' the Salvaged Astromech lets you do this. Note, this means you will typically hit yourself if you do this.

Mine-Bombs are Proximity mines, Cluster mines and Conner nets,

They are dropped with an action, and they only detonate when a ship lands on them or has their movement template go through them.

There is a rebel card- Sabine. She says that before a bomb token is removed due to it exploding, you can choose a ship at range 1 of it and deal 1 damage to it. This means you can do reach damage with a Mine-Bomb.

Did I explain it well?
>>
File: CruiseMissleTrooper.jpg (152KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
CruiseMissleTrooper.jpg
152KB, 800x650px
>>54546500
They subcontracted to Kenner.
>>
>>54546512
Yes, much better than the rule book.
>>
So I'm looking at all the pdfs, and I see that the pdf collection has a "scrubbed" version of the Unofficial Species Menagerie? Where can I find writeups on Devaronians, Ithorians, Chiss etc?

I figured they were "scrubbed" because they later appeared in sourcebooks or something?
>>
>>54546777
Wookiepedia, for the most part its decently compiled
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>54531191
>Take Tie Advanced base
>Add mountings to hold turbolaser
>Replace missiles with Antimatter Torpedoes
>>
>>54546529
Holy fuck I had to totally forgotten this thing!
>>
Alright, /swg/ in my EotE campaign I'm playing a weaponsmith. Convince me to/not to start an enterprise where I build training lightsabers and sell them to hutts for super scary enforcers with glowing beat down sticks.

Obviously I'll have the whole inquisition crawling up my ass, but I think it would be worth it.
>>
Is the Thrawn trilogy a good place to start getting into the novels?
>>
>>54530316
>Stormtroopers trained to be elite shocktroopers
This is no longer canon. And in Rogue One we saw Stormtroopers as garrison soldiers, patrolmen, and prison guards, just to hammer that point home. There are elite Imperial troops, but they're not stormies.
>>
>>54548447
>This is no longer canon.

That's exactly the problem.
>>
>>54548580

Not him, but it was barely canon even in Legends. They treated stormtroopers like regular grunts most of the time, and essentially forgot that the Imperial Army was a thing that wasn't just stormtroopers.

Now it's canon that the stormtroopers are a branch of the Imperial Army.

And actually, that guy is wrong. The stormtroopers ARE the elite shocktroopers still.
>>
File: feels 501st.jpg (90KB, 1440x690px) Image search: [Google]
feels 501st.jpg
90KB, 1440x690px
>elite Imperial troops

Thing is if you get a cross section of troops anywhere you'll give them the same gear, training, indoctrination and everything else- however, you get some of them who are excellent soldiers, some who aren't quite that level of aptitude and a fair few that just crawl in on the bare minimum. Maybe its physical, mental or upbringing, but there are some parts of a person you can tune up as best you can. Some learn faster, adapt better or just wash out, end up somewhere else that suits them and then there the biggy- experience and training.
Experience and training make up a lot when it comes to troops, if you've got them hanging around like police officers on street corners, painting rocks or other acts of random fuckery, they just don't end up the same as the ones who spent a few weeks getting shot at by cranky, hairy rebels on some godforsaken bumhole of a planet.

Course, stick them side by side in a line up, there's no real obvious difference and given the uniformity of stormies, you never know who you're going to get- the guy who did a tour of Ryloth burning shit drums, drawing dicks on the hesco and being molested by Twilek strippers, or someone that came from a unit that was on some forest moon daily fending off unusually cunning, sentient carnivorous wombats... and survived! Stormtroopers and the Empire might consider them 'elite', but actual reality is that most are probably just highly motivated, bare minimum troops that you can rely on to do something without question.
Which is a good quality, but not elite.
>>
>>54549457
While I agree not every soldier would be on the same level of skill, even in the most professional and well-trained of armies, I do think the fact that Stormtroopers are shown as incompetent jackoffs in RO more than nearly anything before is just dumb.

The EU established very clearly that Stormtroopers could massacre Rebel troopers without much trouble, but the Rebels could hold their own against Army troops that were often poorly trained or often saw very little combat. Sure, they lost when plot armored heroes were involved, but overall Stormtroopers were superior to any rank and file the Rebellion had.

Rogue One's fucked that up almost as badly as Force Unleashed did.
>>
>>54514716
>>54517902

Cheers for the responses. I did decide that PTL was a waste on the Glaive in the end.

Current version of the list is below:

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Omega Specialist (25)
Predator (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Shadow Squadron Pilot (27)
Collision Detector (0)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 99

I'm not sure how necessary VI is on the Glaive when we'll all be flying generics. PS6 is probably enough unless someone else does the same thing. Also not sure how useful a PS5 Phantom is.

That said, it won last night against Manaroo/Old Teroch/Fen Rau. Being flown by an inexperienced player borrowing someone else's stuff, but still pleased that the list didn't just crumple.
>>
>>54549887

Oh, initially I had Intelligence Agent on the Phantom, but decided to leave it off for the initiative bid, which might be important when everyone's flying generics clustered around the same PS.
>>
File: 20170727_191205.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_191205.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Finally got a hobby saw, how's this look? Engines popped out of the wings fairly easily, everything's blutacked together while I fiddle.
>>
>>54549887
>>54549897

Usually you see Crackshot on a Glaive for what's that worth.
>>
>>54550035
Hm, I've never really looked at Crack Shot except on Tomax. I guess I just instinctively shy away from one-use cards. I'll consider it though.

What do you think about Juke, since I'm getting the free evade action from the x7 title? Obviously it's not as useful for anyone who isn't Omega Leader, but it's potentially as good as Crack Shot against a target that doesn't have a focus token.
>>
>>54550238

Juke should work fine, I've had resonable success with it on Vessery and he's the same PS isn't he?
>>
>>54547914
Yes
>>
>>54549591
They've always been the disposable faceless henchmen and nothing more. The idea that they're super elite badasses was only ever wanted about in sourcebooks, they're never treated like that in any of the films or novels.

Rogue One isn't even as offensive as RotJ was in that regard.
>>
>>54550471
To be fair, it's more like stormtroopers are disposable minions when fighting named heroes and elite badasses when fighting disposable Rebel minions. Stormtroopers are still clearly capable of kicking ass when they aren't caught in the incompetence-inducing aura that surrounds protagonists.
>>
>>54549887
On the Omega, ditch Predator-FCS gives you rerolls. Swap it with pretty much anything else (not PTL...)

Get that phantom FCS.
>>
>>54546838
>>54546777

I know about the species, I'm talking about the mechanical part for the FFG game, and why they seem to have been in the unofficial menagerie and then cut out of it.
>>
Armada wave 7 is approximately expected to be the MC-75 and Resurgent class. More consensus on the former than the latter.

After that, canon is going to start feeling pretty tapped for ships larger than cruisers.

If TLJ doesn't give the New Republic a decent, new fleet because muh nostalgia or muh underdogs I'm gonna be really salty
>>
>>54548620
>The stormtroopers ARE the elite shocktroopers still.
Contrast the first sentence of the entry for 'Stormtroopers' on Wookieepdia:

>Canon
Stormtroopers were the assault/policing troops of the Galactic Empire.

>Legends
Stormtroopers were the elite soldiers of the Galactic Empire.

Canonically, Stormtroopers are the regulars now. Your first hint that this change has occurred should have come about twenty minutes into Rogue One: they don't normally put elite soldiers in charge of prison duty.
>>
>>54547773
No feedback? This seems like a fun idea to me.
>>
It's a miracle
>>
>>54551129
Consider reading further than the first sentence of Wookieepedia.

Like the second sentence of the Imperial Army page.

>The stormtroopers, the Empire's elite shock troops were organized under the Stormtrooper Corps, which operated as part of the army.
>>
holy fuck inferno squad is such a fucking disappointment

expected a great mil sci fi novel about running around the galaxy hunting down rebel scum instead I got about a dozen retards sitting in a cave and they aren't even part of the rebel alliance

what a waste of a book
>>
>>54551871
Does it at least do any good worldbuilding?
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 286x176px
How's the balance in Armada compare to X-Wing?
>>
>>54547773
>>54551510
No one's talking because it's a ridiculously bad idea. I foresee getting beat down with training sabers by Hutt goons, then being sold to the inquisition.
>>
>>54552736
This. Besides, why would they bother with some Jedi trinket that'd get them in shit with the Empire when there's shit like the Stokhli spray-stick or sleeppacks for putting people who mouth off down?
>>
>>54552879
Because of the intimidation factor. People react when they see a lightsaber. Also, a Stokhli spray-stick costs 2500 credits, a training saber costs 200 credits for the parts and emitter and isn't even a restricted item.
>>
File: 2015-01-02-ROTJ-100.jpg (102KB, 950x320px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-02-ROTJ-100.jpg
102KB, 950x320px
>>54552649

Armada is in a state of flux at the moment - we just had a new wave drop, and immediately prior to that a bunch of meta staples were untenderly beaten with the nerf bat.

Personally I think it's in a better place than it was; Imperials are competitive again and the days of half the playing field being zombie lord Rieekan are banished, never to return.
>>
>>54552930
Crowbars, chairs, potted plants, and other improvised bludgeons are even cheaper, can be picked up on-site, and don't run the risk of alerting Inquisitors or Darth fucking Vader. Plus, lightsabers are only scary when they're real. Your idea is basically asking the Hutts to bonk someone with a toy, and one whose "blade" has zero/near-zero mass at that. The victim is more likely to lose his sides than his kneecaps.
>>
File: 4245234123.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4245234123.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
>>54509592
Modded Sins of a Solar Empire is actually quite fun. There's a whole smattering of star wars mods, but the best IMO are Interregnum and Ascendancy. Sins of a Galactic Empire is all right, but the balance is complete shit.
>>
File: orthos1.jpg (1MB, 2800x4200px) Image search: [Google]
orthos1.jpg
1MB, 2800x4200px
>>54550966
>Resurgent class

I would not mind that, but I think even with a sliding scale it would be difficult to pull off. I'd rather a more conservatively sized ship like a Tector/Allegiance/Secutor before getting the 3200m pancake destroyer, but the former are all more obscure than the latter and Ep.8 is just around the corner to drives sales too.
>>
>>54553051
Let's be fair, anon, an improvised weapon is much worse than a training saber, stat wise.
>>
File: pic3652156_md.jpg (25KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
pic3652156_md.jpg
25KB, 500x246px
>>54553103
>I would not mind that, but I think even with a sliding scale it would be difficult to pull off.

An 10-11" Resurgent would work fine.
>>
File: Voort_saBinring.jpg (699KB, 940x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Voort_saBinring.jpg
699KB, 940x1200px
>>54553111
Does that stat block still hold even when the Gamorrean picks up a table?
>>
File: image.png (619KB, 747x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
619KB, 747x418px
>>54553276
Yes. A Gamorrean thug is 4 brawn, so it would do 1 extra damage, but the inferior quality and the fragility of improvised weapons would make even a large object worse.
>>
>>54553338
Talk about blue-balling. Goddamn, that's one disappointing stat block.
>>
>>54552736
Plus you're not really dealing with complicated people, they don't need anything really complicated more than a baton, axe handle, rifle stock or various re-purposed sporting goods.
Course, has to be asked by the Inquisition 'who' is capable of making a light sabre and just where they got the knowledge to do so- or if they're going to sell something like that to potential force users. Inquisitors aren't the scariest things to be chased by, but if they're look for a possible force user they can bring down the full weight and cooperation of any/all Empire forces they can lay their hands on and may be bitterly disappointed to find some mad mechanic at the end of the trail... there might be a few months of torture to make sure you're not force sensitive. Just in case!

>>54553406
I've been hit with a shovel, it was very disappointing for them as well
>>
>>54550960

The unofficial menagerie compiler decided to remove their versions of the races as FFG published their own.

Off the top of my head, Chiss are in Enter the Unknown (EoTE), Ithorians are in the Age of Rebellion core book. Can't remember where Devaronians are.
>>
>>54553612
Devaronians are in Nexus of Power.

>>54553584
>Plus you're not really dealing with complicated people, they don't need anything really complicated
But on the flip side, they're not dealing with complicated people either. Is the smugger really going to weasel out of paying his debt because he can identify that the lightsabers the gammoreans are all holding are non-lethal?
>>
>>54553634
Yes he will when the less-than-lethal sabers fail to break his kneecaps.
>>
>>54553634

If the Hutt has sent in a gang of Gammoreans, I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter what they are carrying.
>>
>>54553650
Training sabers do just as much damage as lightsabers, stat wise, it's just stun damage vs lethal damage. They aren't tickle sticks like you're trying to make them out to be.
>>
>>54553665

Training sabers don't have Breach or Pierce, which makes them quite poor at getting the strain damage through.
>>
>>54553634
Teaching Gamorreans and Weequay how to press a button, change batteries and actually learn 'lightsabre' as a skill- might be a bit of a stretch. Your run of the mill Hutt-thugs have copious amounts of strength, a basic level of 'hit shit with hard object' skill and don't really need too much encouragement to do so. People know that they probably mean business anyway and if bashing the shit out of them doesn't work, they're just a step away from cracking out the fusion torch or pliers
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 1856x789px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1856x789px
>>54553692
Your average smuggler only has 2 soak, though.

>>54553723
They would obviously still have lethal weapons for gang wars or any serious threat, but tell me these guys wouldn't look more intimidating to the average backwater criminal with a lightsaber pike. Stun batons still need batteries, as far as I know, so they wouldn't really be any more maintenance heavy.
>>
>>54553827
>Stun batons
Or vibro-weapons, or whatever those are.
>>
>>54553080
Have you played the Thrawn Mod and Republic at War Mod on EaW/FoC?
>>
File: 1470299568303.webm (2MB, 1176x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470299568303.webm
2MB, 1176x500px
Dex > Str
>>
>>54553827
>intimidating
Not really, no. Everyone already knows the Jedi are extinct and that the Empire starts kicking down doors when real lightsabers get involved. Plus, toy lightsabers are a common thing in-universe. All you'd achieve is a sense of bathos from seeing a bunch of heavily armed thugs posing as LARPers. There's also the matter of practicality. Why is it necessary? Why would any common Hutt-employed goomba care when they're already packing firearms, blades, and bludgeons? Why would something so obviously nonlethal be more intimidating than a gun or vibroaxe? Why bother with the added risk of unwanted Imperial attention?
>>
>>54554076
But Palps used form V. That's Cunning, not Brawn or Agility.
>>
File: 1483672972751.webm (780KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1483672972751.webm
780KB, 900x506px
>>54554076
>arguably the greatest swordsmen for the Sith and possibly in the top three overall including Jedi
>only guy whose stalemated him was Windu
>only guy who surpassed him was Luke
>probably given his advanced precognitive and prescience based powers as well as general clairvoyance he was viewing the immediate future the entire travel time from Coruscant to Mandalore
>cackling the whole while in his ship seeing Savage's death play out and Maul's despair as he beats him down after going all out when he got serious and bored
I fucking love Sidious.
>>
>>54554158
Sidious uses Form VII: which is Juyo, which all about high speed dueling, blending combat arts from Makashi, Shii-Cho, and Ataru. I don't know where you heard Form V but that's Anakin's style, not Sidious.

Both Sidious and Maul are Juyo specialists in EU/Legends. So is Windu but he uses Vaapad, instead of Juyo.
>>
>>54554193
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Sidious#cite_ref-LOTS_61-16
Honestly, he could probably use any of the forms.
>>
>>54554148
Well, thanks for being a sounding board for me, anons. Maybe I'll just do missile launchers.
>>
File: 084.jpg (2MB, 2048x2927px) Image search: [Google]
084.jpg
2MB, 2048x2927px
>>54554218
Number 1, I said EU/Legends.
>Disney canon
Also his default style is still Juyo. Yes he could use "any" style because he's a Sith Swordmaster trained in all 7 combat forms. But again, his default and preferred specialty is Juyo just like Maul.

You even see this in the more recent pre-Disney canon guidebooks when it talks about Sidious combat style.
>>
>>54554218
To be fair no one said anything about Disney Sidious' style. There's a reason why in RoTS both Sidious and Windu use the same styles because Juyo and Vaapad are mirrors of each other. And I believe Nick Gillard also said you have to be Yoda or Windu to fight Sidious in the PT era.
>>
File: Wristrocket_egwt.png (249KB, 938x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wristrocket_egwt.png
249KB, 938x1200px
>>54554247
Cheaper, more concealable wrist missile launchers would actually be something Hutts would eagerly invest in. 2,500 credits for the launcher plus 400-600 per missile? That shit gets expensive quick. But a disposable, one-use wrist-panzerfaust? Now we're talking. Make it Gamorrean-proof and you're golden. And you can sell the design to the Empire, too.
>>
>>54554378
I did make sure my character is fluent in Mando'a, so that could get dangerous in more ways than one.
>>
Speaking of Papa Palpy, his stats are ludicrous .

http://imgur.com/jUZIYbp
>>
>>54554247
I think your first mistake is the fact that your whole idea right now for your character concept seems based on making weapons as opposed to... an actual concept for a character with a personality and backstory that might have led up to that.
>>
>>54554415
...why does he have dice in programming/droid programming? Doesn't he have people for that?
>>
>>54554564
Remember, anon, there's more than one way to skin a cat or build a character. Anyway, I was bouncing a money making scheme of you, not my whole character.
>>
>>54554614
Are you questioning the Emperor?
>>
>>54554614
Maybe he builds little murder-droids as a hobby and sets them loose around the Imperial palace and Coruscant. Palpatine's the sort of asshole who'd do that in his spare time when he isn't electrocuting Bothans or racing speeders with Tarkin, Vader, and Raith Sienar.
>>
>>54554914
He did keep cloning Bevil Lemelisk over and over again and killing him in new and unique ways for his failures with the first Death Star.
>>
>>54554914
>racing speeders with Raith Sienar.
What would a Sienar brand pod-racer look like?
>>
>>54554914
Kek

When Palpatine was a teenager right before Plagueis found him, he was actually a speed-freak who loved breaking speeding laws in in personal speeder, even had to have his dad bail him out of some crimes because he might've killed pedestrians in the past
>>
>>54555017
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bevel_Lemelisk
>Despite his best efforts, agents from Imperial Intelligence located him and took him back to Imperial Center. By the time of his arrival on Imperial Center, however, Lemelisk had no knowledge of the Death Star's failure, and began preparing himself for a commendation from Palpatine. As he stood before the Emperor, a cage dropped around him, while Palpatine informed him that the Death Star had in fact been destroyed.[3] To the architect's initial surprise, Palpatine did not want him executed, at least not permanently.
>The Emperor was greatly disappointed with the failure of the superweapon, and chose to use Lemelisk as an example to others who would fail him. Furthermore, the design flaw exploited by the Alliance had stemmed from the architect's own work.Lemelisk could do nothing as a swarm of flesh-eating piranha beetles came up through holes in the floor. As soon as one of them bit the architect, all of them began to eat him, slowly tearing away at his flesh. They entered his ears and slashed his eyes, blinding him and putting him in excruciating pain for an hour. As a result of his critical wounds, Bevel Lemelisk died.
>>
File: 1461280838737.png (92KB, 309x295px) Image search: [Google]
1461280838737.png
92KB, 309x295px
>>54555161
>Lemelisk awakened shortly afterward in a clone body, his consciousness transferred by Palpatine's dark alchemy. The Emperor realized that a man of Lemelisk's talents could not be wasted, but he had felt the need to teach the architect a lesson. While Lemelisk was recalling vivid memories of his own death, Palpatine made clear what he did want: a new Death Star, one that would not possess a single design flaw. Amazed at the fact that he was allowed to live, viewing the new project as an intellectual challenge, and motivated by fear, Lemelisk set about his task, making sure the new station fit Palpatine's requirements perfectly.
>During production, Lemelisk was executed by Palpatine a further six times[1] whenever the Emperor perceived any slowness or lack of enthusiasm from the architect. Using the dark side of the Force, Palpatine shuttled Lemelisk's consciousness through six new clones, testing the process to see if he himself would be able to survive it one day. Lemelisk's deaths took on a different form each time—he was thrown out of an airlock, lowered into a vat of molten copper, and trapped in a vault with clouds of acid mist, amongst a variety of other methods of execution.
>>
So, take with a grain of salt, but on reddit there has been posted an FAQ leak for X-Wing, which their mod is saying is verified.

The claim is that Attani Mindlink will go to double unique (so limit 2 copies), Advanced SLAM will become action bar only, and Jumpmasters will lose their Illicit, Salvaged Astro and 1 Torpedo Slot. Punishing One will return the illicit and the astro, but will remove the remaining torpedo slot.
>>
File: hammerhead eagle i-thrust.jpg (52KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
hammerhead eagle i-thrust.jpg
52KB, 612x408px
>>54555020
>>
>>54555420
No way. Where are the solar panels?
>>
>>54554165
>stalemated windu
>matched by luke

His duel with Windu and clone-duel with Luke were both obviously thrown to convert them to the Dark side. The only Force user who truly stalemated him was Yoda, but even then Palpatine won. Only one of them fled, and it wasn't Palps.
>>
>>54555521
Yoda held his own on Morraband vs palps, but that was sort of a dream duel, so who can really speak to the legitimacy there.
>>
>>54555561
>Yoda held his own
Barely.

>>54555521
>his duel with Windu
>thrown
Speculation at best.
>with clone-Luke
Not the second and final duel, it wasn't. First time Palpatine got in a clone body, he transferred his spirit, had the advantage on being on a planet stepped and fully corrupted to the dark side, and Luke had no idea Palpatine had this ability. Second time Luke and Palpatine have a very violent but short duel with Luke eventually beating him and cutting off his hand. At no point was Palpatine fucking around.
>>
>>54555635
>Barely
He had some trouble, but that's because he was also trying to save Anakin from falling to his death at the same time.
>>
>>54555668
He was always forecasted and destined to lose. Have you read the RoTS novelization? Even before the fight started, Yoda outright admits he could never beat Sidious. He also does worse against Sidious then Windu did.

Windu held his own barely and that was due to the nature of the Superconducting Loop, Shatterpoints, and Vaapad letting him reflect Palpatine's power in the dark side and use his energy to bolster his own strength. Yoda outright gets disarmed and runs away from Sidious after losing the TK duel in the Senate Chambers.

On his best day Yoda can't beat him. And even i the Force vision Sidious was taunting him to let Anakin die rather than try to kill Yoda off the bat.
>>
File: image.png (705KB, 1087x657px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
705KB, 1087x657px
>>54555699
And yet...
>>
>>54555521
I don't agree with the whole "throwing the fight" with Windu thing. I think Sidious was going to fully kill Windu but Windu was holding out until they both sensed Anakin approaching and I felt like THEN Sidious intentionally let Windu get the advantage. The novel makes it lot more ambiguous as if Sidious was struggling on both sides of it.

>>54555765
Mentally break him.
Not physically.
>>
>>54555778
Force projection Palps and Yoda were both falling to their deaths in the dream. It was a stalemate even with Yoda taking hits he didn't need to to save Anakin.
>>
>>54555810
>Force projection
The only one actively fighting the Sith spell was Yoda, Sidious and Dooku were hammering him with mental visions and illusions, not directly psychically fighting them.
>both falling to their deaths
There is nothing tangible to take from this. Yoda literally even had to resort to a mutually suicidal technique of trying to take Sidious down WITH him. Again, the actual events in the RoTS film and novel show when they did square off, Yoda was inferior in both the duel itself with lightsabers and going Force to Force against the Sith Lord.

Hence why Yoda has the major internal monologue at the start of the fight after realizing just how powerful Sidious was that he couldn't win.
>>
>>54555861
I didn't say Yoda could win. However, he could made sure they both lost.
>>
>>54555889
That kind of still proves my point. He has a difficult time fighting Sidious in the Force vision even when its two on one with the Chosen One backing him and in their actual fight, he is more or less performing worse than Windu did.

When the Grand Master of the Jedi Order tries to kamikaze his opponent, it tells you he's reeking of desperation
>>
>>54554165

The headspin for the second face never ceases to make me chuckle.
The lego games dont exactly have mind blowing gameplay but holy fuck do they do their style just right
>>
>>54555923
>The lego games
that was from a lego star wars cartoon. actually, those cartoons are surprisingly fun to watch.
>>
>>54556492

No shit?
I guess i'll have to watch them then, thanks for the tip off.
I didnt even realise they were a thing, just thought it was a cutscene from theg ames.
>>
>Pre-Disney we could've gotten a Tie-Fighter anime because Lucas Arts was cool like that
>Disney all we get is a watered down TCW with worse animation and cheaper CGI
Thanks Disney you soul-less fucks
>>
>>54556518
There have been some Marvel anime since Disney acquired that IP, there's a non-zero possibility that a star wars anime could be made.
>>
>>54556518
>>54556914
The artist who draws One Punch Man (the manga, not the webcomic) draws Marvel manga

Anything is possible if you believe in the power of anime
>>
If this FAQ leak is true then.. FUCK FFG... really. FFG seems to fanboying rebels too much.
>>
>>54555521
George actually stated that Mace won the fight with Palpatine legitimately, Palpatine was only feigning weakness after he already lost the lightsaber duel.
>>
>>54557716
They want to be relevant and release things that help people play in canon. They can't help that mouse won't OK someone to start writing old republic shit.
>>
>>54557716

I mean, the proposed Errata basically erases Advanced SLAM, it's not worth 2 points anymore compared to say, LRS. Meanwhile, Genius+AS+EU Scum Nym will still be a thing.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.