[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 69

Rattle me bones! Edition

Previous thread: >>54346935

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Have skeletons or the undead ever played a part in any of your RPG campaigns?
>>
>>54438241
>the undead
Do Force ghosts count?
>>
what would be some good hijinks/NPC/Cargo my smuggler PCs could encounter?
>>
>>54438329
Wookiee opera singer.

A small, fat man who insists he's a droid even though you can clearly see his skin between the metal plates he wears as a costume.

Alternate universe versions of the party.

Grand Moff Tarkin's tea cozy. Utterly unremarkable aside from its famous previous owner. Smells faintly of lavender.

A large, unmarked crate of spice, freshly mined from Kessel.

A droid from the Clone Wars that has been trapped on a feral world ever since and only recently learned the war was over.

A personalized holo recording of young Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi to an adoring fan they rescued.

And Imperial-class Star Destroyer adrift in space. No power of any sort. No life nor droid signs detected yet they can year something is moving around inside(once they board to investigate of course).

A Duchess offering a 50,000,000 credit reward to whomever can retrieve her family's ring. It got lost on a trash barge and dumped on Ord Mantell. She will absolutely know if the ring she's presented is the real thing.

A creepy seller offering them Mara Jade's used underwear.
>>
File: sheev.jpg (41KB, 438x576px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
41KB, 438x576px
Force bump
>>
File: 16235823484_ccb5b59051_b.jpg (193KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
16235823484_ccb5b59051_b.jpg
193KB, 1024x576px
I'm basing my Imperial Assault figs and seek guidance.
Firstly, I'm drawing a blank on how to do the interior purple tiles you see on the grid maps.
Secondly, some of the dudes are pretty obvious as to what their base should be, but others, not so much. Figures in the same group will have the same base theme. Here's what I have, see if you can help fill the blanks. I have every expansion, so feel free to give suggestions for anything in the game.
Stormtrooper Group A: Grass
SGB: Mud/sand
SGC: Interior
SG 501st: Rocky wasteland
Royal Guard Group A: Glossy Black
RGGB: ?
AT-ST: Mud
Weiss: Snow, swap feet with AT-ST as needed
NexuA: Grass
NexuB: Mud
Trandos: Same deal with Nexu
IG-88: Junkyard
Darth Vader: Interior with saber scorch marks
Jyn: Blacktop, blue wash
Mak: Grass, blue wash
Other Heroes: ?
Rebel Trooper: Very light grey solid
R2 & C3PO: ?
Biv: Cracked earth sand
Saska: Sandstone
Heavy Storm A: Sand
Heavy Storm B: Grass?
Return to Hoth has a lot of "Snow" and "Cracked Ice"
Loku: Grass, wash?
Lando and Wing Guards: Glossy Cream Solid
ISB: Interior with shattered glass
Jabba: Cracked stone, like the slab he rolls around on
Jabba Goons: Sandstone
Rancor: Mud with bones & bits
Alliance Ranger: Grass, brown wash
>>
Review?

Assault Objective: Station Assault
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[flagship] MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 points)
- Commander: General Dodonna (20 points)
- Mon Karren (8 points)
- Gunnery Team (7 points)
- Nav Team (4 points)
- Spinal Armament (9 points)
- XX-9 Turbolasers (5 points)
- Leading Shots (4 points)

Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship (56 points)
- Raymus Antilles (7 points)
- External Racks (3 points)
- Shields to Maximum! (6 points)

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36 points)
- Garel's Honor (4 points)
- External Racks (3 points)

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
- Comms Net (2 points)

1x Rogue Squadron (14 points)
2x YT-2400s (32 points)
1x Shara Bey (17 points)
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1630x745px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1630x745px
>>54438329
A pod of purgills adopt the ship as one of their own. They're _very_ friendly.
>>
>>54441585
>a purgill will never attempt to mate with your ship while you watch in fascinated horror
>>
>>54438329
A doctor is looking for volunteers wanted for experimental medical cybernetics, paying 5000 Credits no questions asked, just sign the disclaimer
>You might get something cool!
>...and a 50% chance its something truly horrible...

There's a heavyset woman with a baby waiting by the ship, "this is yours" pointing to a random PC
>Maybe it is!
Depending on the PC and any stupid dud who took a shitty obligation- oh yeah its definitely theirs

Hoojibs are in the ventilation ducts, most of the time the ship is at about 25% of its system strain
>They're cuddly
they're also probably smarter than most PC's so diplomacy might be a better option than extermination
>>
>>54441607
>It will never insert its member into your cockpit
>>
>>54441760
>Hoojibs
Not him, but if I pulled that and my players didn't immediately purge the lot of them I'm finding new players
>>
>>54438241
No because the undead are a shit concept/plot hook and have zero place in Star Wars
>>
File: macho man force ghost.jpg (28KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
macho man force ghost.jpg
28KB, 500x241px
>>54443234
>zero place in Star Wars
>>
File: Plif.jpg (114KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
Plif.jpg
114KB, 800x512px
>>54441760
I feel like "Horton hears a hoojib" should be a canon story somehow
>>
>>54443305
>Horton hears a hoojib
>And responds to said hoojib with proton bombs
>>
>>54443266
Force ghosts aren't undead memelord
>>
File: ghost statler and waldorf.jpg (83KB, 853x461px) Image search: [Google]
ghost statler and waldorf.jpg
83KB, 853x461px
>>54443432
Since when are ghosts not categorized as undead?
>>
>>54440583
Those look sweet. Wish I had the talent to do that
>>
>>54438329
A Rakata mind prison, though don't tell them that it's that; let them decide if they want to open it or not.
It'll be a fun little side venture where you can tell some corny riddles
>>
From the old thread-

>>54434298
Here are my suggestions-

For the First list, you want to swap Hux for Intel Agent, Pattern Analyzer, and the Title- Hux eats action efficiency that you do not have on your already action-starved shuttle, and his condition is best on TIEs that have shit attack- Deltas and Swarm Leader Kylo are not those things.

For the Swarm Leader Whisper, that's a death sentence- PS 7, 8, and 9 is everywhere. Miranda can kill you in 2 rounds with her TLT.
Something like 2 Deltas and a VI+Rebel Captive whisper would work though

I don't understand the Kallus and the Tactician on Tomax- either keep him cheap, or go full missile. Also, Alphas are bad- Try a Striker if you want the aggressive blocker.
>>
Is the Houndstooth ship any good for x-wing? Miniature Market has it on clearance for $22 right now and I'm debating getting it
>>
File: when hoojibs attack.jpg (212KB, 533x311px) Image search: [Google]
when hoojibs attack.jpg
212KB, 533x311px
>>54443402
Oh shit man, what are you doing? Don't you know they go for the face when people wear silly hats!
>>
How do I into Mandalorian?
>>
File: 1500194210528.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1500194210528.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>54443814
>>54443844
Oh joy spreadsheet autist are back again
>>
>>54443844
It's not bad- if you want it, go for it.
>>
>>54444393
Think human Klingon
>>
>>54443844
It's a solid addition. The generic slaver can be built into a pretty efficient beefy brawler, Bossk is a monster with alpha strikes, Moralo is fun with IG-88, and Latts can be a fun surprise.
>>
>>54444393
Lurk /k/, then translate that to Star Wars.

There's a reason you can't spell /k/ommando without Mando
>>
>>54444535
What?
>>
File: mandalorian marital aid.png (168KB, 880x381px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian marital aid.png
168KB, 880x381px
>>54444672
This anon has the right idea.
>>
File: GeonosianUndead-LoT.jpg (42KB, 698x298px) Image search: [Google]
GeonosianUndead-LoT.jpg
42KB, 698x298px
>>54443234
>Still canon
>>
>>54444393
Jack off to Big Boss, get drunk enough or smoke enough opium and hashish that murdering your neighbor for sheep starts to sound like an excellent plan, mumble about muh armor muh honour and you're already there
>>
What're the odds all the FFG games breach sequel era in one giant release around December/January
>>
>>54445531
High, unfortunately.
>>
>tfw never going to get clones or battle droids in Destiny
>>
>>54447208
>card game

Nothing of value was lost

Not getting the miniatures via IA/X-Wing/Armada is the actual tragedy
>>
>>54447821
I normally don't give a shit about card games either, but it's actually really fun. The only reason you'll never get mini's is because no one would buy them. It's already a dying industry because of how expensive it all is.
>>
>>54440583
Bossk: Cracked earth with pools of blood.
>>
File: 1490603077172.jpg (301KB, 1280x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1490603077172.jpg
301KB, 1280x1116px
I just did 7 damage in one round with Rexlar Brath in a game last night. Was running /D with fleet officer support shooting a wookie ship. It had one damage from before, I stripped another with my ion cannon, then put four hits on it, and he decided to not spend his focus on defense. I then flipped three cards faceup, including a DH and major explosion which went off.

I have been having great success with /D defenders in the current meta. Rexlar and Maarek's abilities are actually useful against the current crop of ships, and having double control cannons is fearsome against low agility.
>>
>>54450005
I like the Rexpert- Expertise, /x7, Mk2 engines. 40 points, and it bullies small ships.

I really wish that ion defenders were slightly cheaper so that they could fit into a list- a Predator Ion Glaive is as cheap as i'm willing to go, and they cost 40.

2 of those and a support shuttle (fleet+systems officer) maybe?
>>
>>54450329
Don't need a systems officer if you have predator.

Maybe Epsilon Leader? Intel agent source?
>>
>>54450005
>>54450329
I tend to have a blast with IonRexpert. Sure he's expensive as fuck but the double-tap with expertise and his focus flip has turned the game in my favor several times.

IonRexpert - Expertise, /D, Ion Cannon, Mk2 engines. 45points of pure FUUUUUCK YOOOOOU

Support with RAC or 2x Target-Crack Blacks + Howl for Happy Happy Imperial Fun Time
>>
I am really liking Leia's Space-wheraboo senate buddy in Bloodlines.
>>
File: 1412070194360.gif (153KB, 606x423px) Image search: [Google]
1412070194360.gif
153KB, 606x423px
>>54450663
>bloodlines
You know, we really need a Leia version of pic related to go with it
>>
>>54441455

I would guess you have the extra flotillas to help protect the flanks of your Mon Karen? You may get more mileage bringing a scout hammerhead or CR90 A to play ablative shielding for you.
>>
>>54450650
I've been wanting to get a Decimator for some time now, can you give me any advice on how to fly one and what some good upgrades are?
>>
>>54451382
There are 4 ways to run a Decimator, and they are heavily bound to the pilots

1- Patrol Leaders- turret health sponges, usually coming with Vader crew, maybe Gunner.

2 Oicunn- Built to Ram. Ion Projectors/APL go great here, boshek for shenanigans, etc.

3 Kenkirk- usually with Ysanne to try to sponge as much damage as possible.

4- Rear Admiral Chirpy is the most common one- Take 2 crew to do damage, and 1 crew to discourage getting shot. Then Engine Upgrade and either VI/Adapt/Pred for EPT.

Offensive crew are Palp (counts as 2) and Gunner+(HSCP/Vader)

Crew that discourages getting shot are Rebel Captive (when your opponent decides to shoot your focus+evade ace instead of the deci because they can't take the stress) and Kylo Ren (blind them)

It's a pretty good ship. Just watch out, I have never seen one that costs less than 48 in practice.
>>
>>54451767
Awesome, thanks pal. I've been holding off on buying one because of how much money it costs to buy all of the upgrades to use with it.

Along the same lines, what are some good ships to fly alongside the Decimator?
>>
>>54438241
Sup /swg/, With Bomblet Generator out, I'd like to make use of it with Empire. While the Punisher seems like an obvious place to put it, the punisher sucks dick- As a result, I'm going to put it on a Firespray witn the Andrasta title, and they are all pretty bad.

So I'm going to have fun with Boba Fett+Navigator. As of now, this is what I have

(Boba Fett, VI, Bomblet Generator, Navigator, Engine Upgrade, Andrasta)-50

That leaves me 50 points of shit to put with that.

What can I put in there? Besides 2x TLT Aggressors of course.

2 Barons of the Empire with Juke?

2 Predator Strikers?

2 Black Cracks and Howl?

2 Accuracy Corrector Chips TIE Advanceds with Clusters, and swap VI to Adapt+Tractor?

Gamma Vets/TIE Advanced with Cruise Missiles?

3 TIE/FO's with Weapons Guidance, dropping VI to Adapt?

What do you guys think?
>>
>>54451905
Defender or Phantom are good choices for single ships to pair up with the Decimator.
For running more than two ships you can never really go wrong with CrackBlacks + Howlrunner
>>
>>54452006
Lockdown and an Advanced with FCS and Chips- roll up into the fight evading, and then K-tun ASAP. Without a Focus, the cruiser does 4.51 instead of 4.96 damage on average- that's not that bad.

Shame that the TIE/SF has no 4-K-turn. Pattern Analyzer+FCS would make Cruisers brutal.

>>54451905
That depends on which Deci- I've seen a Gunner+HSCP+Intel Patrol Leader with 2 Aggressors (TLT, LWF).

RAC usually runs alongside an Ace- Whisper, Soontir, Ryad, Quickdraw, etc.

Decis do better the less ships they have to face- If your opponents run efficiency swarms (4-7 ship lists) it tends to struggle.
>>
>>54450663
That guy is the best character in the nu-EU by far.
>>
Anyone have that image of the relative speeds of fighters from A New Hope?
>>
>>54448262
How about them spoilers FFG released today?
Hera shenanigans look fun. Hera special into Quadjumper into U-Wing/Falcon turn 1
>>
File: rotj_speed_chart.jpg (46KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
rotj_speed_chart.jpg
46KB, 600x412px
>>54452996

You mean the one from Jedi? IDK if there's one for Hope.
>>
Why didn't Luke bring his Lightsaber with him into Jabba's Palace? Why'd he keep with R2 the whole time?
>>
File: flashy entrances.png (675KB, 772x547px) Image search: [Google]
flashy entrances.png
675KB, 772x547px
>>54453589
Maybe the Force told him that putting the saber in R2 would allow him to join the sail barge fight in style.
>>
>>54453467
What spoilers?
>>
>>54453630
He already did the badass diving board maneuver, seems like he's trying too hard
>>
File: Moffship.png (92KB, 640x408px) Image search: [Google]
Moffship.png
92KB, 640x408px
>>54453633
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/21/man-your-battlestations/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/21/sw-a-galaxy-at-war/

Pretty sure he means these ones m8.

As someone who's building a TIE Pilot themed deck for Destiny, this is good news. Now we just need an OT-era TIE Fighter support.
>>
>>54453589
Back-up plan, so that he wouldn't be disarmed if he was taken prisoner
>>
>>54452841
Too bad he can't be used in anything else, if the end of the book is anything to go by.
>>
>>54453467
>>54453793
Love that Ciena has a card now. I bet Thane is in too on the hero side.
>>
>>54453663
He's young, still learning what he can do with the Force, and probably hoping that the cute redhead dancer who kept glaring at him in Jabba's Palace was aboard to be impressed by such pulpy heroics.
>>
>>54454278
I doubt we'll see Thane in this set; he doesn't have official art yet (that I know of at least) and there's only one red character left to be revealed

>K2-SO (legendary)
>Hera (rare)
>Rookie pilot (non-unique)
The last character will probably be Cassian Andor, if he's not yellow.
That said, Thane would be cool and Hera is great for shenanigans
>>
>>54453539
That's the one, thanks!
>>
>>54454123
The wheels of (in)justice turn slowly. And there's enough data-based evidence on both sides to drag out a trial or end things inconclusively.
>>
>>54454709
>>54453793
I'm debating getting into Destiny, I had some questions though. I got a bunch of promos and I'd like to try to use them

First up, is 3 Death Troopers a good idea for a deck?

Then, how often does the meta shift? I really don't like chase-rares in games. Would I be able to stick with my 3 Death Trooper deck with all of my promos for a while without it becoming unviable?
>>
>>54455467
>Getting into a collectable game with random boosters
Tread carefully anon...
>>
>>54455467
Can't help you there, m80. I'm the only player in my town and therefore only get to play a few times a year or with the missus.

Only advice I have is get the cards you want off Ebay. Boosters only have 5 cards each.
>>
>>54455467
The game is still young, but the meta is often in flux, especially when new sets are revealed/released. One constant deck is Vader/Raider, and that's probably gonna be a thing forever.
3 Death Troopers probably won't win you big tournaments, but it's fun as fuck to play.
I would recommend getting a bunch of different characters, just in case. Jango Fett and FN-2199 is a solid team, for example.

Overall, I really like the game but it is expensive. You need to have a second character die if you want to run him elite, which is a fucking pain if you want to run super rare guys.
Not that you need to run every character with 2 dice, or that the legendary ones are automatically the best ones, but still.
>>
File: evil canada.jpg (56KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
evil canada.jpg
56KB, 620x349px
>>54450663
Ransolm Casterfo the spesswashbuckler from Riosa
Yeah he's actually one of the better 'support cast' from the novel, kind of reminded me a bit of the crazy slav oligarchs in Russia that collect nazi memorabilia in spite of it being about as politically correct as owning a black man. Greer wasn't too bad either as the busted ex-racer and the Nikto crime lord Rinnvirin was kind of an interesting character as well, he's slick as snake shit.

The novel wasn't too bad, some people will either love/hate the political meanderings and I find it interesting overall about how the current 'new republic' doesn't function very well and how the new order comes into being
>>
>>54452440
>If your opponents run efficiency swarms
This is more of a general question but how to you run swarms effectively? I've been wanting to try out five A-wings because I love them so much
>>
>>54455467
My friend runs two Death Troopers and a TIE Pilot. It looks like fun and is a pain to play against sometimes, so it's probably quite viable to go 3 troopers. Personally though, I prefer force user decks. My current main one is Count Dooku and Kylo Ren and they are a strong pair indeed.
>>
Has anyone come up with decent house rules for fielding uglies in Xwing?
>>
>>54456524
>fielding uglies
What are those?
>>
File: BWingUgly-CTD140.jpg (24KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
BWingUgly-CTD140.jpg
24KB, 400x247px
>>54456639
Outlaw Tech magic
>>
File: nemisprettyugly_black.png (122KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
nemisprettyugly_black.png
122KB, 620x414px
>>54456639
>he doesn't know
Oh my...
>>
>>54453589
Getting caught was part of his plan.
>>
>>54440583
>501st

Speaking of which, is there any conversion for Imperial Assault that flips the sides? A team of Imperial commando players vs. a Rebel GM with many more dudes?
>>
File: 1430372344239.jpg (5MB, 2908x1918px) Image search: [Google]
1430372344239.jpg
5MB, 2908x1918px
>All Terrain Tactical Bump
>>
File: Uglies_zps7cca3d31.jpg (45KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Uglies_zps7cca3d31.jpg
45KB, 800x600px
>>54459659
Bumpin uglies.
>>
File: bmp suicide can.jpg (81KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
bmp suicide can.jpg
81KB, 640x427px
>>54459659
Looks like Rothana took a leaf out of the BMP blueprints to squish as many people as they could into it
>>
>>54459839
At least it looks like they didn't steal the idea for auxiliary fuel tanks in the doors too.
>>
>>54459873
Yeah, I guess the excuse there is that you should not being running away from people shooting at IFV comrade
Course the reality is that when they get anything of sufficient size going through the front, sides or arsehole of it, being on fire is probably the least of your problems, because being dead and all.
>>
File: reb_ca_985_copy_0197456d.jpg (921KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_985_copy_0197456d.jpg
921KB, 1920x1920px
>>54459659
AT-TEs are cozy
>>
>>54459659
Am I just missing it, or does this thing lack a commander despite having a ton of crew?
>>
>>54459902
There's an utterly massive gulf between "sufficient to punch through the ass as spray burning fuel throughout the passenger compartment" and "sufficient to punch through the ass and outright kill everyone inside".
>>
File: 1457679220982.gif (5MB, 400x713px) Image search: [Google]
1457679220982.gif
5MB, 400x713px
>>54459902
Come to think of it, how well does clone trooper/storm trooper armor protect against being on fire?

>>54459994
I think the spotter in the front cab is technically the commander since he orders the gunners around. They don't specify if he can tell the driver infront of him where to go though.
>>
>>54460041
We hit a couple in Iraq with Gustav rounds though the side, it basically turns the inside into a blender with finger sized lumps of metal whizzing around.
The only real 'upside' for the people inside is that they are usually unconscious from the impact, if they're lucky.

>>54460053
>protect against being on fire?
Probably not well, being covered in napalm and napalm related accessories usually fucks most things up. There is the possibility you could ditch a bit that's on fire I guess and maybe end up less roastie
>>
File: SWD-002-068.jpg (77KB, 386x550px) Image search: [Google]
SWD-002-068.jpg
77KB, 386x550px
>>54455467
Most people naysay the game based on its format, not on it merit. It's really fun, but like any game, not worth getting in to if you don't have a local player base and the cash to pay for it.

Deathtroopers are solid, but they struggle to equip weapons and equipment because they lack resource faces. You will probably always find a way to include one in your deck, maybe trading out the other two for a general and a standard trooper. Hux/DTrooper/Trooper looks like it might be strong in the next set, and the combination means you can play cards like pic related for free, creating massive surprise swings of damage against your opponent.

And as someone else said, if you're only going to play casually, then pick your deck in advance and buy the cards of eBay. All but a few rares/legendaries are cheap, and the boosters are cheap enough that you can buy them for fun at a later date.
>>
File: Arcona.jpg (88KB, 320x262px) Image search: [Google]
Arcona.jpg
88KB, 320x262px
What Star Wars guys have glowing eyes? The more glowing the better.

Arcona, Chiss, Jawas, Defels. Anything else?
>>
Space bump
>>
File: Vader-4.jpg (77KB, 850x517px) Image search: [Google]
Vader-4.jpg
77KB, 850x517px
What do you guys think about nu-canon lightsaber kyber crystals being semisentient and clear and don't choose a color until they bond with a jedi? Also Sith get their red lightsaber by killing Jedi and bleeding their lightsabers till they turn red.
>>
>>54466233
While part of me finds the edgy tryhardness of it funny, How the Sith get their red lightsabers doesn't actually matter and any attempt to give them a "formula" for why X Lightsaber is colored Y removes the Weird Space Magic mysticism of the Force.

In either canon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-22-14-37-13.png (186KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-22-14-37-13.png
186KB, 1080x1920px
Looking for opinions/criticism on my fleet.
>>
>>54466233
pretty dumb desu
>>
>>54467458

What App/website is that?
>>
>>54467636

https://plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094

Android only though, but its super slick.
>>
>>54466233
I don't like that they went full wand chooses the wizard and all crystals start as light-aligned at the same time.
>>
>>54468029
The Force IS the Light Side. So it makes perfect sense that any naturally created, Force-reactive material is "light-aligned."
>>
>>54468190
Sure, but if a crystal decides to choose a seriously bad dude, why should they have to go through the trouble of bleeding it?

From the wiki
>Kyber crystals were inherently attuned to the light side of the Force, and would attempt to resist any effort by dark side practitioners to use them in lightsabers. To this end, the only way a Sith, or other darksider could make use of a kyber crystal was to use the Force to dominate the crystal, bending it to their will. This process would cause the crystal to "bleed", as if it were a living organism, resulting in the distinctive crimson-bladed lightsabers synonymous with the Sith.
>>
>>54468239
That's the point. The crystals DON'T pick "seriously bad dudes." They can't. They don't work that way.

That's the whole goddamn point for them having to be bled, it's forcibly bonding them to the dark side user because no matter what crystal they find, it won't attune to them naturally.
>>
>>54468304
In the animated series when the padawans are going into the cave on Ilum to get their crystals they are literally unable to find a crystal that isn't "their" crystal. Are you going to tell me that every dark force user who wants to build something utilizing a kyber crystal has to go track down crystals that have already been "found" by someone else?
>>
>>54468455
They weren't unable to find crystals - they were literally surrounded by them. They were looking for THEIR crystals.

There's a significant difference.

In addition, we know that Ilum was not the only place that kyber crystals can be found.

A Sith would have to either seek out a crystal that has already been claimed (as Vader does in the currently-running comic), or find a place that is known to have kyber crystals and pull one out themselves.
>>
>>54468190
>The Force IS the Light Side.

Except it isn't. And if you go with some of the many Force theories in-universe, it may not even have any sides to begin with at all.

And if Nucanon establishes that the Force is just the Light side, I wouldn't know. I don't follow any of it, though I did watch TFA. Still, whether or not it's canon doesn't change whether or not it's dumb.

IMO, the idea of the Force only naturally being Light and Sith having to mind control/Stockholm syndrome crystals into working for them is quite dumb.
>>
>>54468574
Wrong. Go watch season 5 ep 6 again. ~8:30 in one padawan spots her crystal but her friend is completely unable to even see it.
>>
>>54466233
>>54468029
>>54468190
>>54468239
>>54468304
>>54468455
>>54468574
>>54468608
>>54468610
What grinds my gears more than the fact that nucanon is now saying the Force = Light Side is the fact that they've taken the neat scientific elements out of lightsabers and are going full YER A WIZARD ARRY with it, which to me feels like it's dumbing down the narrative and in-universe stuff.

I know Star Wars isn't and never was hard science but the E.U. did have a lot of nice logical things in it and science played a role in it.

>oldcanon: lightsabers are simple mechanical devices that project a self-contained beam of extremely powerful plasma-like energy that becomes a blade when designed properly, by using a crystal to project light through and use a bit of space wizardry to create a powerful weapon. many things can be used as focuses but most commonly used are force crystals, gems that emit a passive radiance of force energy that force-sensitive users can tap into to hone their strengths and increase the blade's abilities. what results is a powerful and deadly laser sword that requires vast and extensive training to use effectively as a weapon and one that users of the force can adapt to and enhance with their own abilities to create a wide range of fighting styles. they also come in many colors, most commonly blue or green. sith tradition is to use synthetic crystals as during the times of jedi galactic dominance they had no access to them. these artificial crystals were imbued with their power and dark side energy to form a force-imbued but otherwise manufactured focus. the process and sith tradition called for distinctive red lightsabers to strike fear in their enemies. natural minerals could be used as well, such as the pearls of krayt dragons.

>nucanon: lightsabers are magic swords that work with magic and have good living crystals in them and they're good but the evil sith bleed the crystals and make red magic swords that are evil!!!! :O :O :O
>>
>>54468608
That is literally how the Force has always been. There is the Force, and there is the dark side, which is a corruption of the Force, twisted by anger, pain, suffering. The dark side is predatory and bestial in nature, and even if not directly evil by itself, its very corruptive nature leads to the user becoming twisted and predatory and evil.

Luke asks Yoda how he's supposed to know the good from the bad, and Yoda says he'll know when he's calm and at peace.

The idea that the Force is light is literally as old as the films are. There's a reason why it's the Force, and not the "Light Side of the Force."
a
>>54468610
You're missing the point of the Gathering. They're looking for THEIR crystals. If they could see just any crystal, they'd take that - but it'd be the wrong crystal for them. So they only see the right crystal.
>>
>>54468190
No. And that notion is pure cancer. The Force is neutral. The balance is neutral, requiring both.
>>
>>54468767
Before TFA came out everyone was screaming and begging to take the scienceyness out of the Force and make it mystical

Well, wish granted!
>>
>>54468794
That's one interpretation of it in-universe, sure, and it's the one the Jedi go with. There are many others. If you're going to assert Yoda's words as factual canon, then you'd also have to consider Palpatine discussing the same things, where he believes the Force has no sides and that its powers shift to the will of the user.

Lucas himself has flip flopped all over the place about it, because fans have often argued over what the nature of the Force is. Sometimes he says that there are no true sides, sometimes he says it's Light and dark is unnatural, sometimes he says it's Light and Dark and they have to live in balance, sometimes he says Goongus and they rhyme like poetry.

All of it depends on how you go with viewing the Force, whether in or out of universe.
>>
>>54468839
There's basically nothing in the media that supports that idea. When Vader is redeemed and kill palps there are zero remaining dark force users. Even the night witches are dead. Only when there are no dark force users has the force been balanced.
>>
>>54468839
No, that's wrong. Balance is not equal parts light and dark and has never, at any point, meant that.

The dark side has been described by George as akin to cancer. Your body is not in balance when it's 50% cancerous cells.

>>54468848
It's actually the canonical one, as George stated that they had it right.

At no point has he ever said that there's no true sides.
>>
>>54468848
>if you take yoda, trustworthy scholar, as read then you also have to trust mindgames the mad manipulator
>>
>>54468863
>>54468891
That is not balance, in any sense of the word. Nor is that canon or correct in any way. Luke is the very last Force user standing, not a Jedi and not a Sith. He wears grey in TFA and TLJ. There is no light side or dark side anymore, only the balance between them because they equally both the Force as a whole.
>>
>>54468945
>implying luke is a gray jedi
Now this is shitposting!
>>
>>54468945
Luke is not at all the last Force user. Not even close.

And no, the light and dark are not equal parts, and are not intended to be.

He's not really wearing gray, either. He's wearing off-whites that are more in the brown and tan range.
>>
>>54468906
>yoda, the master of the jedi order
>sidious, the master of the sith order
>implying either of them would have a fair or balanced opinion

>>54468891
During the run of The Clone Wars cartoon long before the Disney sellout Lucas said that the Force would be balanced when there are equal parts Light and Dark.

Note that when Vader kills Palpatine there is still unrest and danger in the Force once Luke rebuilds the Jedi Order, because now there's an overabundance of Light side in the galaxy.

The Force is a neutral and unbiased entity. Light and Dark are its unruly children living in constant rivalry.
>>
>>54468986
>During the run of The Clone Wars cartoon long before the Disney sellout Lucas said that the Force would be balanced when there are equal parts Light and Dark.
Have you got a source, lad?

>Note that when Vader kills Palpatine there is still unrest and danger in the Force once Luke rebuilds the Jedi Order, because now there's an overabundance of Light side in the galaxy.
The unrest and danger is caused by an angsty teenage larper. All of it could've been avoided if Anakin had force ghosted to Kylo Ren and said "cut that shit out." Is that not happening the force giving him the all clear to fuck up the galaxy? Maybe but I don't think so.
>>
>>54469052
I'm talking about EU canon, not Disney.
>>
>>54468986
>implying either of them would have a fair or balanced opinion

Considering one of them uses a a side of the Force that actively twists and affects the minds of its wielders to the point where killing children seems like an okay thing to do, and the other goes out of his way to protect children, I would say that only one of them has a fair and balanced opinion.

>During the run of The Clone Wars cartoon long before the Disney sellout Lucas said that the Force would be balanced when there are equal parts Light and Dark.

No, he didn't. And if you're bringing up Mortis, you have to remember that the Daughter was content in her contained role, but the moment that the Son was set free from the restrictions he had placed on him, he started a path of destruction and corruption that didn't end until he, his sister, and his father were all dead.

>Note that when Vader kills Palpatine there is still unrest and danger in the Force once Luke rebuilds the Jedi Order, because now there's an overabundance of Light side in the galaxy.

That is not at all how it works. There isn't an "overabundance of the Light side" because the "light side" IS the Force. Saying there's an overabundance of the Light Side is like saying "my garden has an overabundance of vegetables."
>>
>>54469052
Not him, but the Mortis arc of TCW is all the hard proof you need. It literally spells it out that light and dark must either exist in equal measure or not exist at all. The father is the Force itself and the balance between the two sides. When the light is killed by the dark side, he is forced to kill the dark side as well. It was a very literal demonstration to Anakin of his destiny. There can be no question as to Lucas' intent.
>>
>>54469215
And here we go. You're misunderstanding the Mortis arc. The Son was not equal to the Daughter. The Son was kept contained and constrained, and the moment he was let free, he immediately turned to corrupting and destroying everything on that world and would have gladly moved on and done the same thing over the entire galaxy.

The Father was keeping him from doing so. The Daughter did not have those same restrictions that the Son did.
>>
>>54469250
Nope. You're dead wrong. The Force was out of balance without her. The Son literally regrets killing her and misses her because his life has no purpose without the push and pull between them. It makes the Father cold and distant, imbalancing their relationship as well and forcing extreme action to return the balance. The pendulum absolutely swings both ways and the Force is imbalanced without darkness. You are the one who did not understand those episodes.
>>
>>54469301
He misses her BECAUSE SHE IS FAMILY.

Not because they are integral equivalents that need to be equally balanced in order for things to matter.

And of fucking course the Father became distant and cold, the Son killed his Daughter. What Father wouldn't become that way if one of his children murdered the other?

Need I also remind you that all of the actions that he took he took because he was set free to be equal to his sister?

Not to mention that the story arc is an allegory, not a real story. The whole damn thing was a vision.
>>
>>54469167
Your first example is pretty biased, because Anakin was killing Jedi, not innocent noncombatants. It was a horrifying thing for sure given the circumstances, but don't twist it to make it sound like something it wasn't.

Secondly, the Father example isn't even what I'm referring to. I'm referring to the fact that Lucas himself said Light and Dark needs balanced. The Force, Jedi, and Sith are based on a blended amalgamation of European knightly history, Japanese samurai and shogunism, and general Eastern mythology, religion, and beliefs. The concept of good and evil balancing one another out, that one cannot exist without the other and having too much of either being self-destructive, is a very prevalent concept in many Eastern mythological teachings. We know it was the classic Yin and Yang, which, along with concepts drawn from Elric of Melnibone, forms the basis of the Force. There's one Force in reality, and its sides are Light and Dark, and they live in constant competition. Only through balancing both sides, the Yin and the Yang, the Order and the Entropy, the Light side and the Dark side, can one achieve peace and prosperity. Too much of either results in an imbalance with catastrophic results.
>>
>>54469370
If the light side and dark side are "family" as you say, then all you've done is acknowledge I'm right by saying they are both natural, necessary sides of one whole. There can be no balance at all with one of them gone. All or nothing. So congratulations to you for agreeing with me and proving me right in the most confrontational and asinine way possible I guess.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
217KB, 1280x720px
>>54469167
Actually, gardens can have an overabundance of vegetables that ruin the soil. Actually, here's a good example.

Forests need trees. That's why they're forests. Trees are a good thing, right? So we shouldn't chop them down. They do a lot of good stuff. But if a forest has too many trees, what happens? The soil is dehydrated, plant life suffers, animals lose their habitat to overgrowth, it becomes crowded, and it expands beyond the sustainable limits of the biome. What has occurred for tens of thousands of years in overgrown forests? Fires. Fire is seemingly bad and destructive, right? We don't want fire. But fire in an overgrown forest kills the overabundance of trees, allowing the soil to replenish, animals to inhabit it, and new plant life to flourish. Just the same, too much fire can eradicate a forest and remove all life from it in an uncontrolled spread, killing much of it even if a few things regrow.

This is why we use controlled burning methods to deal with oversized forests.

Think of the trees as the Light side and the fires as the Dark side. On a quick glance - with Light representing tranquility and harmony and the Dark representing wrath and unrestrained passion - it seems like there's a clear Good and a clear Evil. However, when you look at them more closely, especially on what happens when there is an abudnance or lack of either, the lines become much blurrier.

With this simple real-world example in the natural world, it makes sense then that the Force, a natural part of the physical world in Star Wars, an energy field when you get past all the space wizardry, follows some natural laws, and one natural law is that nature must be kept in balance.

Too much of the Light side and too much of the Dark side are both equally destructive and undesirable things.
>>
>>54469398
>Your first example is pretty biased, because Anakin was killing Jedi, not innocent noncombatants. It was a horrifying thing for sure given the circumstances, but don't twist it to
He literally turned a complete 180 on his morality after he stopped Mace from killing Palpatine. He went from being friendly and helpful to killing children that he had personally protected less than a year before.

>>54469453
They are only family in the sense that the Mortis arc was a thing. They are not, and never were considered equals. That has literally never at any point been a canonical idea.

>>54469460
Except its never hinted at at any point in any materials canon or Legends that too much of the "Light Side" is a bad thing (aside from the Jedaii stuff, but that's a bunch of bullshit that misses the point anyway).
>>
>>54469370
>>54469453
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think he just made a pretty damn hypocritical statement. Greentext summary:

>The Mortis example is wrong because the Son is crazy and the Daughter isn't. They're all the Force, therefor this means Dark is evil and Light is natural.
>But the Son feels empty after killing the Daughter, and the Father is cold and distant to both. They need to balance one another, because they can't live without one another.
>UM, NO, IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE FAMILY, HE KILLED HIS DAUGHTER, OF COURSE HE'S SAD. This ia a family, not Force beings and metaphors!

So by that logic, none of it has any point to the argument at all then, bevause it's just a family and not an allegory for the Force needing balance, and when the argument goes against you you move the goalposts.

am i going crazy, i can't be the only one who sees this in his post
>>
File: 1488396171235.jpg (59KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1488396171235.jpg
59KB, 634x634px
>>54469486
>it's only bullshit if i disagree with it

Plus you seem to forget the thousands of years of corruption, stagnation, unhappiness, and internal strife that occurred when the Jedi remained dominant in the Republic, long long long long long long before Plagueis or Palpatine were even inklings of sperm in some dude's jewels and even longer before they enacted their plans. The Jedi grew arrogant, self-serving and elitist, and they kept triyng to control the Republic from the inside, and with only Light dominating the galaxy it suffered. Then Palpatine comes in, makes it only Dark, and it goes into a civil war, then becomes only Light, then it gets almost destroyed by extraterrestrial monsters, then they balance it all out, but by then the stories got too stupid to follow.
>>
>>54469486
You're wrong, you've been proven wrong, and literally contradicted yourself multiple times. You should just stop. Or go back to the cancerous threads on /co/mblr where you clearly come from since that's the only place that believes the incorrect, non-canon bullshit you're spewing.
>>
>>54469488
We're being shown a family. The daughter has a few small rules, the Son has a lot. Some outsiders come, and shortly after they arrive, the Son conveniently is able to start breaking the rules his Father set in place.

So what happens when the Son starts breaking the rules? The planet turns to shit and literally starts falling apart in places. One of the outsiders gets corrupted and turns against the others. The Daughter is murdered by the Son in a fit of rage, and while the Son is upset that he killed his Sister, he ultimately decides that whatever, he's okay, he wants to go on and proceed to carry out his domination on the entire galaxy.

>>54469536
The idea that there's "corruption, stagnation, and unhappiness" really isn't present in canon, and even in Legends it's a very recent thing spanning no more than a century or two at best.

Also, the Jedi only grew that way specifically because their Temple was corrupted - by guess what? A dark side shrine buried under their Temple. A shrine that Palpatine and other Sith had actively been using to affect the Jedi.

>>54469544
>Anyone I disagree with is from /tumblr/

Yeah, no. Those guys are shits.
>>
>>54469588
Except you keep ignoring the fact that it's an allegory and they're depicted as a family only because they are an equal whole, not actual individuals or people. The irony of you knowing to call it an allegory yet it still apparently being too subtle for you to actually understand is honestly embarrassing. The light and dark are both natural parts of the Force and both are required for balance. There is no other interpretation of that story.
>>
>>54469647
They are not "both required." That's not even remotely hinted at.

They are also most definitely not required to be equal, as shown by how restricted the Son was and how free the Daughter was.
>>
>>54469673
Without both of them in equal balance, the dark side runs rampant and the light side becomes paranoid, obsessive, complacent, and corrupt. How the fuck are you this blind and stupid that a very clear allegory in a children's show flew over your head? It is plain as day and yet you keep clinging to an utterly incorrect assumption and misunderstanding about it.
>>
File: TLJ_Cross_Section.jpg (252KB, 900x1182px) Image search: [Google]
TLJ_Cross_Section.jpg
252KB, 900x1182px
>>
>>54469673
Have you ever considered it to be the fact that the Daughter represented the Light side being in dominance, therefore less restricted, and the Son represented the Dark side being all but gone? And then shit goes down to balance them out?

I think we're all looking too deep into a kids' show but the allegory has more than one interpretation.
>>
>>54469786
And again, the idea that periods of light side dominance MUST be balanced out by periods of dark side dominance is fanon only.

The idea that the dark side is almost gone is also fanon - as that's not an idea present in the prequels. There's plenty of dark side users out there, lots of little cults scattered around. The Son being set free is supposed to be everything leading up to Order 66, which is the death of the Daughter. The Son continues to tempt Anakin, and the Father even shows him his future as Darth Vader before wiping his memory.

But there's nothing indicating that after Anakin smacks down the Son and Daughter as they were fighting over that circle, and Anakin rejected taking over the role of the Father, that the two would be equally free.
>>
>>54469778
>Wow, I hope the next movie isn't literally ep 5 all over again like TFA was ep 4 all over again
>lmao have a !snowspeeder
>>
>>54469839
They can't be equally free, they have to be equally balanced and under control. Either there is light and dark in equal measure, or both must be destroyed. The balance cares not which, it is served in either circumstance. But the Force is out of balance and broken with only the light just as it is with only dark. Luke being the only one left standing as neither was balance just as it was balanced with only two Sith and two Jedi. When Luke started becoming a Jedi it was unbalanced until Obi-Wan died and then again was out of balance after Yoda died, ensuring that a conflict was necessary to take out Palpatine to end the Sith and Vader who was ultimately both.
>>
>>54469937
>Luke being the only one left standing as neither
Luke was trained by two jedi masters and went on to rebuild the Jedi Order. He refused the temptation of the dark side when fighting his father and again with Palps. No matter how you look at it he was a light aligned force user.

>inb4 but muh color of his clothes
>>
>>54469937
1. Balance is not equal parts light and dark, but it is also not the complete destruction of the dark side. The Prophecy of the Chosen One, which Anakin fulfilled when he cast off the persona of Darth Vader and threw Palpatine into the pit, was the destruction of the Sith. The Sith are not the only dark siders, but they were at the time the ones with the most influence.

2. Balance was also never about numbers of Force users. That idea is directly contradicted by the prequels, given that we know the Force is out of balance, the dark side overwhelming the abilities of the Jedi, disrupting their abilities to see the future (beginning of AotC) and even Mace says that their ability to use the Force has been diminished (before Geonosis, again in AotC). This is when there's ten thousand Jedi and just two Sith. If anything, the destruction of the Jedi should have made the imbalance WORSE, not better.
>>
>>54470079
>The Prophecy of the Chosen One, which Anakin fulfilled when he cast off the persona of Darth Vader and threw Palpatine into the pit, was the destruction of the Sith. The Sith are not the only dark siders, but they were at the time the ones with the most influence.
Which dark force users were left in canon?
>>
>>54470079
You absolute fucking moron, the imbalance in the prequels is on the light side with too many Jedi and only two Sith. The Sith balanced it by exterminating them.
>>
>>54470148
But that's fucking wrong, you retard. The very existence of the dark side is imbalabce. The whole numbers of Jedi vs Sith is just fanwank.
Any Sith is imbalance.
>>
>>54470148
Snoke, for one. The Acolytes of the Beyond are the only known actual "tradition" besides the Knights of Ren (which we don't even know if they're all Force users). Though honestly we don't have a lot of knowledge of Force traditions outside the Jedi and Sith beyond what we've seen from TCW and Rebels, both of which are obviously from before Palpatine has been killed. We don't have any knowledge of other surviving Force traditions at the time from canon to my knowledge.

>>54470140
No.

>Yoda: Impossible to see ... The Dark Side clouds everything. But this I am sure - do their duty, the Jedi will

>Implying light side is the problem
>>
>>54470247
As has been stated a dozen times now, that is not correct. The dark side and light side must be equal. That means Jedi and Sith must be equal or not at all. Now shut the fuck up already, you obviously haven't got a fucking clue.
>>
>>54470148
>Palps
>Maul
>Dooku
>two

>Ventress
>Night sisters

Not to mention, the Jedi don't up and fuck up the galaxy on their own, the sith made them.

>>54470296
>Snoke
His backstory is still yet to be revealed. He may not have come to the dark side by that point.
>>
>>54470316
Not by anything in canon, kiddo.
>>
>>54470316
Nope. That's directly disproven by the films. Numbers have never, ever been the balancing point.

>>54470329

Snoke's full backstory has yet to be revealed, but we know that Palpatine was searching for a massive dark side power somewhere in the Unknown Regions, which by all material has been heavily implied to be Snoke. We also know that he was working on influencing Ben Solo while he was still in the womb.
>>
>>54470329
Maul and Dooku are not Sith at the same time. Ventress is not a Sith. The Nightsisters are not Sith or even Force users for that matter, Mother Talzin is a literal magic using witch.
>>
>>54470373
Numbers ARE the balancing point. It's the whole fucking point. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>54470378
>Maul and Dooku are not Sith at the same time.
>even though Maul took his brother as a sith apprentice and even made a play against palps to be the big cheese
Maul was around before Dooku was a Sith and was still around well after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
>>
>>54470378
Actually, Nightsister Magick is in fact the Force, just used in a different way from the Jedi and Sith. Talzin isn't a natural Force user, however - she has pulled the Living Force from sacrifices to be able to use the Force.

>>54470394
Numbers are NOT the balancing point. I already made the argument why they're not above.

Again, the dark side was OVERWHELMING the abilities of the Jedi even before the war started, when there were ten thousand Jedi and two Sith. The dark side is directly and explicitly blamed for their issues.

The death of nearly ten thousand Jedi does not make the imbalance better. It should, in fact, make it worse.
>>
>>54470394
True canon does not match with your headcanon.
Show your homework and give a canonical example in support of your point. Or else go sperg out somewhere else.
>>
>>54466233
I still want to know how the hell that works. If the crystals are now living organisms, how the hell do they do the things that all living organisms do? What is crystalline homeostasis like? What sustenance do these crystals need to consume? How do they reproduce? What does the bond even do since lightsabers can still be canonically be used by people other than the original owners?
>>
>>54470547
>What sustenance do these crystals need to consume?
Whatever elements they need to grow larger, I imagine.

>How do they reproduce?
Budding?

>What does the bond even do since lightsabers can still be canonically be used by people other than the original owners?
This is the thing that really makes me :thinking:. Looking back up at >>54468239 how do crystals "resist any effort by dark side practitioners to use them in lightsabers" and why do they not seem to give a shit when a non-force user like Grievous uses them?
>>
>>54470547
I think saying they're "living" might be pushing it a bit too far. They don't actually seem to be truly "alive" in the sense that they eat/excrete/breathe/sleep/reproduce, only that they have some sort of semisentience.

That being said, in Legends there were the Shards, actually living beings made entirely of crystal.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shard

>>54470612
They actually do apparently give some sort of resistance to being used. Sabine, using the darksaber, noted that at first it seemed like it was remarkably heavy for what it was, but that it eventually seemed to grow lighter as she trained with it and essentially attuned with it.
>>
>>54470547
They are physical embodiments of the Force. Not alive in the traditional sense, but not impassive in their appearance or how they reveal themselves.
But they can be forcibly acquired. Rogue One shows Imperials harvesting huge quantities of them for use in the Death Star.
>>
>>54470640
>>54470649
Alright, now riddle me this. If kyber crystals that have been manhandled by baddies turn red, why was the deathstar laser green?
>>
>>54470731
Because it's not just "being manhandled by baddies" that turns lightsaber crystals red, they are being twisted and assaulted through the dark side of the Force.

The Force isn't involved in the creation of superweapons like the Death Star - at least, not in a direct aspect. Canonically pretty much all life actually is Force-sensitive, given that life and the Force are so closely intertwined. What we IRL would call talents or skills, in the GFFA can closer to being interpreted as being Force-related even if the person can't "use" the Force, it's still working through them.
>>
>>54470731
Because George hadn't come up woth that particular brand of fluff yet.
Though in the early drafts of The Star Wars, the item that Darth Vader is chasing was a kyber crystal needed to power the Death Star's laser. But it was too much of a useless maguffin, so it was changed to the Death Star plans, which actually for as the sort of thing military intelligence would fight over and not just magically give them the upper hand, just give them a very slight chance to win.
>>
>>54470247
Both theories are fanwank. You can't just call the other idea poopy shit dumb fanon when yours is just as headcanony as the other.

The only difference is the idea of light and dark needing balance makes more sense than the force being only light and any Sith being unbalanced. Maybe it's a Disney thing but that shit wasn't an EU concept.

This is a world made by a guy who can't even decide how to pronounce words he makes up and who changes his mind every other day. You have to go with fanon sometimes and in this case I'll go with the the one that makes more sense.

>>54470296
>Yoda said *thing* so it must be true

When did Yoda become the be all end all voice of fluff continuity in Star Wars and why do you keep bringing him up? Did he read the script?
>>
>>54470434
How about you give us a canon example, canon as in Expanded Universe which I think most of us are talking about, instead of saying "It's always been that way" or "Yoda said so" or "Your opinions are headcanon".
>>
>>54470783
The point of skubbery I think is that now Disney's throwing away ambiguity and just going full "light side always good, dark side always evil, light side natural, dark side unnatural" so they can water down a confusing but expansive previous narrative into a simplified but bland and uninteresting one.

Even Tolkien, who had very clear examples of good and evil in his stories, had some level of ambiguity.
>>
>>54470783
>What we IRL would call talents or skills, in the GFFA can closer to being interpreted as being Force-related even if the person can't "use" the Force, it's still working through them.
That's actually kind of lame. What was wrong with some regular people just being really good at stuff through hard work, experience, and natural aptitude without space magic voodoo? Does the Force now dictate how good someone is at shitposting on the holonet, too?
>>
>>54470887
>canon as in Expanded Universe which I think most of us are talking about
Why would we be, considering this is all out of talking about new kyber 'mechanics'?
>>
>>54470783
>implying forcing a crystal to annihilate planets doesn't count as assaulting it
>>
>>54470887
>EU
Oh. It's retarded.
>>
File: 1499528846661.png (6KB, 252x243px) Image search: [Google]
1499528846661.png
6KB, 252x243px
>>54471015
>>
>>54470947
Disney tossing out more realistic and soft science elements for pure MUH SPACE WIZARD magic shittery is really disappointing and one of the main reasons I stick to EU lore. It had stupid moments a plenty but it was better imo than what we have now. Star Wars to me is an action scifi space opera, not a magic fantasy marketing vehicle.
>>
>>54471053
Wrong EU, Brit/pol/
>>
>>54470913
The light side has always been good from the beginning, the dark side has always been bad from the beginning. It took them until they started doing the Dawn of the Jedi stuff for them to try and make it otherwise, and it honestly didn't work too well.

>>54470947
But that's the difference. Here, we're not all connected via a magical energy field that literally binds the galaxy together, an element as intrinsic to the universe as gravity is.

>>54471011
Two different things. One involves direct applications of the dark side of the Force binding it to your will. The other involves the application of energy into a system which somehow is magnified in the process.
>>
>>54471071
But it was magic fantasy to begin with, you autistic twat donkey.
The Force was a mystical element that was a religious force. A mystical power that relied on belief. Which is why midichlorians we're such a fucking mistake.
And you autistically clinging to non-canon bullshit is your own problem. Stop trying to pretend like it matters anymore.
>>
>>54471099
>The light side has always been good from the beginning, the dark side has always been bad from the beginning.

No, that's just what Jedi in-universe have claimed.

The Unifying Force theory, if it's legitimately correct, sums everything up pretty well. The Force is one entity with no sides, no true will on anyone, it just exists in everything, and the manifestations of "Light side" and "Dark side" are derived from individuals. Neither side is good nor evil, and neither side is natural to the Force. They are born from the people who practice them.
>>
>>54471071
Star Wars was always space fantasy right down to the lightning fingers.
>>
File: 1486763654835.jpg (72KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1486763654835.jpg
72KB, 323x323px
>>54471132

There's a LOT to unpack here.
>>
>>54471151
>even the father talks about light and dark sides and how he hoped the son would resist the dark side
>>
>>54471151
The Jedi work in harmony with the Force, which is how it stays in balance.

The bullshit that there is no such thing as the Dark Side of the Force; that it is jusy how people use it is complete bullshit, contradicted by the whole of the films.
That's why Anakin fell. That cave where Luke goes on Dagobah is infested woth the Dark Side. Luke almost falls to the Dark Side when he gives into his emotions. The Force has its own will, good and bad.
And the Dark Side is shown to be completely bad.
>>
>>54471151
>No, that's just what Jedi in-universe have claimed.

And until Dawn of the Jedi, was the official, authoritative stance (and Dawn is the only place that asserts the equal parts theory might be true because of the weird planet they were on).

The Unifying Force theory isn't correct. It's debunked all over the place.
>>
>>54471285
>The Unifying Force theory isn't correct. It's debunked all over the place.

Examples?

>>54471267
>And the Dark Side is shown to be completely bad.

Not objectively. The Sith see it as a means to an end, as Palpatine says, and that even its negative aspects can justify the outcome. It also plays into the Sith motif of personal liberation and chainbreaking. The Dark side is about raw passion and unleashing your emotions. That's not an evil thing, not objectively.

The Light side has flaws too. It can lead to arrogance, stagnation, decay, self-righteousness, paranoia, and nepotistic corruption, as we see in the Republic centuries and centuries before Palpatine came along when the Jedi were in unmatched power.

I'd say overall Light has more benevolent aspects and Dark has more malevolence (tranquility vs violence, for example), but neither is good or evil from an objective standpoint, and the Unifying Force theory supports that.
>>
>>54471334
The Dakr Side consumes the one who uses it. That's the entire point of Anakin's fall and the danger Luke faces. This who unifying force theory has no basis in fact.

The stagnation of the Old Republic has nothing to do with the Force. It's just an old government that a Dark Side users exploited to his own ends.
The whole point of the Dark Side was that it was objective evil and anything that says otherwise is fanwank and no basis in any canon.
>>
>>54471334
>Palpatine
Problem with Palps is that he's not a reliable source of info, either. He's a politician and a Sith, and thus, anything he says cannot be taken as unbiased, truthful fact. Same as with the OJO and the Light.

>Light side
I would argue that the flaws in the OJO were caused by doctrine rather than the Light itself. The classical Jedi code (X, yet Y) taught a very different view of the Force than Odan-Urr's newer code (There is no X, only Y). That second code can be construed as a misunderstanding of what it truly means to walk in the Light.
>>
>>54471334
>implying your listed flaws of the light side are truly symptoms of the path of light and not "human" limitations against impossible goals

>control your fear
>think you are fearless
>become arrogant
>fear not actually completely controlled

Even if you can't completely fall to the deepest pit of the dark side, you can also never completely reach the highest peak of the light.
>>
>>54471172
>unpack

Is unpack some new buzzword or something? A year ago I've never heard anyone use it in this manner, but nowadays I seem to hear it being used like this every week.
>>
>>54469647
Why do you keep saying it's an allegro when Abeloth had to be taken down by Luke? Or did Luke kill a literary tool of the galaxy?
>>
>>54471657
Because according to Dave Filoni on the episode commentary for the first Mortis episode, it's meant to be an allegory of I-VI and if the others on the team thought it was supposed to be weird, that he encouraged them to think of it as a similar circumstance to Luke's encounter in the cave under the tree on Dagobah in ESB. Luke had an encounter there, but he didn't actually fight Vader there - it was a vision.

The LotF writers either didn't know or didn't care about that, and decided to retcon Abeloth into being the missing Mother from the Mortis family.
>>
>>54471657
Abeloth wasn't really the Mother, since the other three don't actually exist, she was just an insane eldritch horror. And the EU authors didn't care about the real meaning of those episodes and just wrote themselves out of a corner of their own making since they obviously had no idea where they were even going with that to begin with.
>>
>>54471657
>>54471838
I think we can all agree Abeloth is an incredibly stupid character and character arc and should be ignored.

EU > Nucanon all the way but Abeloth is one of those EU parts to be told "fuck off" and ignored along with the Vong, Force Unleashed, Weyrwolves, and most of the Solo children arcs.
>>
>>54471863
Except the Vong, TFU, and the Solo kids were great. I agree Abeloth was dumb as hell though. The only good part of that series was Ben and Vestara's relationship. What happened to Kenth Hamner was unforgivably stupid, there is no defending the Jedi for killing him and the book pretending they were in the right.
>>
>>54471863
And the Suncrusher. I know we all want to forget, but we must remember it so we know to forget that ever happened.
>>
File: 1488149169339.jpg (18KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
1488149169339.jpg
18KB, 600x611px
>>54471958
>Except the Vong, TFU, and the Solo kids were great.
>>
>>54471863
>and most of the Solo children arcs
Nah mate, unless you mean the Vong-era-and-later Solo children arcs.

Aka "Shitting on any hope of actually passing the torch to these kids and their friends by fucking their character development or just plain killing them for shock value."
>>54471958
>>54471984
TFU has its good points, and the pre Vong solo kid arcs, even the teeny-tiny-baby arcs as D-plots to bigger books were great. Shit, as stupid as it was that they got kidnapped in such a Deus-Ex-Machina way their arc was the only good one in Crystal Star.
>>
File: mgr raiden vs sam.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgr raiden vs sam.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>54471958
>TFU
>Great
Do you come from an alternate universe where TFU was made by Platinum or something?
>>
>>54472079
I mean it had good outfit design, fun tech and level design, the TFU 2 space battle cutscene is cool with nods to lots of EU ships, and Sam Witwer is a legitimately cool dude.
>>
>>54471958
>>54472020
>Vong
I don't hate them as much as some but their arrival and development was incredibly contrived. Not all of the arc was bad, but the general idea was. The galactic disaster that causes the New Republic and Imperial Remnant to unite could've been so much better than aliens from Wh40k crossing over and fucking shit up out of nowhere then just kinda going away.

>TFU
The most absurd Mary Sue to end all Mary Sues, even more Sued than Abeloth, complete with a nonsensical and insultingly bad story, a massive degrading of Vader, and retconning and changing so much shit of Star Wars lore that it had no business touching. At least it was never strongly canonized, and outside of Wookieepedia almost everyone ignores it, but even still it was never hard canon.

>Solo children arcs
A mix of annoying and whiny shitters with edgelord Deviantartists with Mary Sues results in a shitty arc of annoying characters that you just want to go away.

all my opinions of course
>>
File: Waru.jpg (166KB, 448x768px) Image search: [Google]
Waru.jpg
166KB, 448x768px
Good day sirs, can I interest you in the word of our lord Waru?
>>
File: Bendu_and_the_blind_man.png (2MB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
Bendu_and_the_blind_man.png
2MB, 1560x878px
>yyyou can't have balance between light and dark side!
>mmmuh head canon says so!
>>
File: MOFFERENCE.jpg (478KB, 1120x736px) Image search: [Google]
MOFFERENCE.jpg
478KB, 1120x736px
>>54472127
I'm sorry, but /swg/ already has a lord.
>>
File: waru.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
waru.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>54472162
There will be jelly though!
>>
>>54472079
Platinum games are shovelware trash. TFU was fun as fuck.
>>
>>54472203
Even ignoring the terrible story and Shadow of Mordor levels of lore butchering it was really repetitive, way too easy, and all of the "unleashed" Force powers were gimmicky as fuck.
>>
>>54472162
Dark Greetings!
>>
File: 1474209904854.png (255KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474209904854.png
255KB, 800x1200px
>>54472186
Send out the Moffship, lord Trioculus wants some Waru jelly to go with his Whaladon meat by the next Mofference, or we'll all get a taste of his totally real Force Lightning.
>>
File: spess slam.jpg (441KB, 1400x1147px) Image search: [Google]
spess slam.jpg
441KB, 1400x1147px
>>54472262
Oh we're gunna have to get this on pay for holoview
>memelord vs block of sentient jelly
>>
>>54472161
He's not exactly a good example, because the moment he got pissed he started killing everyone indiscriminately, going full dark side.
>>
>>54472354
Random murder isn't an exclusive Dark side thing though.
>>
>>54472369
Yeah, it kind of is. Jedi do kill, but they don't murder indiscriminately.
>>
>>54472381
Being a tranquil person doesn't mean you're affiliated with the light side, just like being violent doesn't mean you're affiliated with the dark side.
>>
>>54472483
I never said that.

But the Bendu was more than simply being violent. He was raging. And rage is not light.

He's a terrible example of being "in the middle" or of balance. He's only "good" when it suits him to be.
>>
DoH when? Need my consular book.
>>
>>54472161
But he's literally just a dark sider with delusions of not being one
>>
>>54472515
>>54472549
Unifying force makes a pretty convincing argument that there are no sides. Nicem oral ambiguity and even adds more mysticism for those who want it. The Force isn't something people understand, it's a huge cosmic entity that is far beyond sides or interpretations.
>>
>>54472697
But the Unifying Force is wrong. There ARE sides. The "Light" and the Dark Side are very real things, not just "I impose my will upon this power that I have been given and this is what becomes of it."
>>
File: 1491627591850.jpg (101KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
1491627591850.jpg
101KB, 960x599px
>>54472772
>But the Unifying Force is wrong.

According to whom?

mfw "lucasfilm story group"
>>
>>54472830
It was wrong even before the Story Group was a thing.

There is the Force, and there is the Dark Side of the Force, which is explicitly a corruptive thing.

The Unifying Force tries to say that there is no Light or Dark, there is only the Force.

And that, right there, is what makes it incorrect. Because there absolutely is a "Light Side" and a Dark Side.
>>
>>54472937
>Because there absolutely is a "Light Side" and a Dark Side.

In your opinion.
>>
>>54473052
It's not my opinion, it's actual fact in both canons that there is an actual "light side" and an actual "dark side." They are not just "in people's heads and generated/perpetuated by their actions."
>>
>>54473052
It's been established in the movies since the beginning, most explicitly in Empire. If you refuse to accept that, then there's no helping you.
>>
File: Chewie is metal as fuck.jpg (139KB, 636x640px) Image search: [Google]
Chewie is metal as fuck.jpg
139KB, 636x640px
Fuck this Jedi shit.

Post Wookiees
>>
>>54473168
I wish Wookiee tech got more love by the writers. Galactic Battlegrounds made it look comfy as fuck.
>>
>>54473214

Talking about Wookiee tech right now is likely to make some XWM players butthurt
>>
>>54473214
We nearly got a Wookiee arc for TCW. Would have been fucking weird and really interesting by all accounts. But, the show was canceled and the Wookiee arc never got anywhere beyond preproduction and a few sketches.
>>
>>54473260
Are the Auzituck and its accompanying cards capable of screwing with the meta or something?
>>
>>54473168
I really want chewie to be the one to do in kylo in this or the next movie
>>
File: 537751_1404970247611_331_225.jpg (19KB, 331x225px) Image search: [Google]
537751_1404970247611_331_225.jpg
19KB, 331x225px
>love Empire since I was little
>play X-Wing
>learn Rebels suit my play style more

Should I keep trying with Empire? Or should I lock down on Rebels? I have substantially less success as Empire in play settings.

Though I've been playing for a few months, anyone got any nub tips for the Empire? Obviously I'm not TIE'ing well
>>
>>54473279
It makes Biggs-Ball a thing. A list built around Biggs (forces opponents to shoot at him if-able) and making biggs near-invincible and with control elements.

It's also a really powerful ship, and it looks silly as shit.
>>
File: xwa_ties_all.jpg (328KB, 1600x1096px) Image search: [Google]
xwa_ties_all.jpg
328KB, 1600x1096px
>>54474037
>looks silly as shit
The closer we get to X-Wing Alliance levels of goofy, the better.
>>
>>54473719
How do you like to fly? What ships do you want to fly?
>>
I need some advice /swg/. I really want to run an Age of Rebellion Imperial campaign, but I've only ever ran EotE and FaD campaigns before, never a military one. While AoR is indeed easy to convert for an Imperial party, coming up with adventure and scenario ideas is not. At least for me. I'm just not experienced with Star Wars military campaigns.

Two big things I've found while planning for this is people say to:
1. Find ways to keep the PCs from feeling overpowered due to the Empire's superior conventional military abilities, AKA explaining why they can't just call in TIE Bombers to solve any problem. Possibly set the game around or after Endor.
2. Don't make the players Stormtroopers off the bat but let them progress, because it's more fun that way and more in line with AoR's vanilla setup.

The problem is most of AoR's adventures seem tailored to a specialized or unconventional group of elite dudes right off the bat, and many of its modules are for guerrilla-style operations with pitched battles only being the climaxes or dramatic intros. If I want to start them out as the rank-and-file, this wouldn't work since I know the Empire's special missions are handled by Stormtrooper Commandos and other elites of the elites.

I'm totally stumped then how to convert any of the adventures published to an Imperial stance without making the PCs stronger than people say they need to be at the start, and I have no real adventure ideas for this type of campaign to homebrew yet. I'd like to do a published one then broaden to custom missions when I get experienced.

So I'm at GM's block or some shit. I have ideas and an urge to make this game but I have no idea how to begin. Anyone who's done a lot of AoR or military campaigns who can give me some advice?
>>
File: 1471668935090.jpg (242KB, 968x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1471668935090.jpg
242KB, 968x1089px
>>54474223
>Find ways to keep the PCs from feeling overpowered
Incompetence, stupidity, and over-stretched supply lines are always good, timeless excuses for keeping the players' arsenals limited. Maybe the PCs' CO sent them the wrong comm frequencies so they can't hail CAS or artillery. Maybe the logistics guys sent the wrong model of blaster power cells. Maybe some glory hound in a rival unit is actively withholding support because he has a grudge against the PCs or their leaders. Maybe pirates blew up the convoy carrying the bacta supply your base badly needed. Imps in the Outer Rim are also naturally stretched thin because it's just such a huge area of space to defend, even with the Tarkin Doctrine in play.

>how to begin
Only War, Generation Kill, and IRL historical campaigns are always good sources of inspiration. Maybe star the players out as a second-rate Imperial Army garrison in a backwater system currently besieged by a CIS remnant splinter. All the fun of big pitched battles without having to worry about the Imperial Navy trivializing every challenge.
>>
>>54474223
Watch generation kill, for a first thing

Another thing to consider is that the empire is 100% the sort of place that would simply not allocate support to an operation if some bean-counting general in an office somewhere thinks they don't need it or it isn't worth sending, not even to mention corruption or legitimate reasons why there wouldn't be any handy
>>
>>54474223
>a published one
Shit, didn't see that when I wrote >>54474550

The AoR core book (or at least the beta version) had a quick, bite-sized starting mission about infiltrating a space station, IIRC. Flip that around and you'd have Imp PCs working security aboard the station. Investigate suspicious activity, find the Rebel infiltrators, then assist in the defense of the space station and its precious cargo when the Rebels inevitably go hot. After that, Imperial command decides that the station is compromised, shuts the operation down, and transfers the PCs and their fellow security grunts to a nearby Imperial Army unit.
>>
>>54474550
>>54474603
Some Vietnam War movies are already coming to me as inspiration. I'll definitely check out Generation Kill too, thanks for the advice.

>>54474630
That... would actually work pretty damn well. It's just concerning to me that I've never seen an AoR campaign, Rebel or otherwise, survive online.

I don't know anyone near me who plays it and nothing for SWRPG goes on at my LGS, so online is about my only option, and when players have a million other games to pick and AoR has poor retention (apparently), it's nervous for me as a first-time AoR runner, even if I've run the other systems plenty.

I feel like if I don't wow my players right away I won't have a game left post the first session.
>>
>>54474223
>>54474223
Watch Generation Kill and read Terminal Lance for inspiration. Just because the imperial military is massive and powerful doesn't mean it's invulnerable to retardation and various clusterfucks.
In fact the nature of the establishment virtually assures that kind of shit is going to happen

Incidentally, with some (well, a good amount of) adaptation, the old DarkStryder campaign could be adapted well into an imperial game
>a year or three after endor
>local moff out in fuck nowhere sector is a decent guy
>unfortunately a year ago some "Admiral" came along and pressed almost the entire sector fleet and army into service
>an alien warlord from extra nowhere has been causing major trouble, and recent reports from what's left of Intel services suggests he's got weird tech and bad shit is going down
>unfortunately, the only resources left to chase him down are an old corvette that was too busy being refitted to be grabbed, a few old TIEs and CW leftovers, and a mess of ex-military, paramilitary and civilian specialists (the PCs and friends)
>they've gotta chase this fucker way out into unexplored regions and eliminate him before he fucks everyone to death with whatever evil tech shit he's dug up

You'd have to replace all the imperial enemies with alien stuff but it actually works really well
>>
File: Compforce.jpg (114KB, 780x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Compforce.jpg
114KB, 780x1170px
>>54474223
>Possibly set the game around or after Endor.

And don't tell the PC's that, everything is just great
>(Compnor Happy Face)
Think the fall of Britannia after the Roman Empire pulls out, its not an overnight collapse but after most of the command bugs out, pay stops coming in and supply ceases. Most of them went native or found their way back to 'civilisation' and the PC's are off in the boonies in their troop transport doing long range routine patrols, being shot at by the odd irate local and probably bored shitless 90% of the time.
>Why is there no power yet Mr Imperial?
>Water isn't working Mr Imperial!
>Sewer's backed up, shitter's clogged Mr Imperial!
Course if you're really mean you could IED their transport with a proton mine and make the cunts walk back :)

Meanwhile back in the real world
Someone rocks up in their fleet to suck up all the remaining resources, personnel because 'some shit went down'
You're a Star Destroyer commander-
>do you wait for one (possibly dead) section to come back from their patrol, wasting time, fuel and possibility of having an MC80 + Xwings tear you a new arsehole?
>nope!
So they get back to home base and find it completely empty, or ransacked, or full of homeless transients using it as a cheap hotel/latrine and that ties back to how well you're treating the locals. Who might still consider the PC's part of the scenery, or targets.

How you run it from there, up to you.
Maybe they go full retard and end up running around in loin cloths like the locals, have a planet based adventure.
Or
They might have to slog it out to an outpost that still has a working long range radio to 'get us the fuck out of here', stick it somewhere terrible, like the north pole or on top of a mountain.
>>
File: 1499431109796.png (165KB, 1220x786px) Image search: [Google]
1499431109796.png
165KB, 1220x786px
>>54475752
>IED
For shits and giggles, break up the string of IED-infested roads with the occasional fake-out.
>>
>>54475803
Having a minimission of trying to outprank or get pranked by Rebels would be a great way to lighten up the otherwise Generation Kill/We're In Spacenam Boys atmosphere.
>>
File: wraith squadron cover with text.jpg (769KB, 1250x2000px) Image search: [Google]
wraith squadron cover with text.jpg
769KB, 1250x2000px
>>54475872
>trying to outprank or get pranked by Rebels
Yub yub, Commander.
>>
File: look up stay alive.jpg (264KB, 984x1500px) Image search: [Google]
look up stay alive.jpg
264KB, 984x1500px
>>54475803
My last job before I was blown up and sent home was running some IRR guys around Iraq. We do bombs, biologicals, radioactives and chemical weapons, 90% of the time we do bombs though until someone's camel kicks an old mortar shell full of mustard gas or something horrible and round being buried in someone's backyard.
I've literally sat in my fucking truck for hours arguing with some US captain about a 'rock sitting on her MSR', my (overworked/overly busy) boys are on the way, she's bitching about how her supply will be late and someone's life will be in dire need of energy drinks, bad food, mail from home and worse porn.
"So just mark it, drive around the fucking thing"
"No we wont!"
She won't budge, I won't budge either as she's becoming more obnoxious and tell my guys to take their time.

Took them about 4 hours to drive out there confirm, yes it is a rock, a very large rock captain, but unlikely to murder anyone by itself. A whole company of supply muppets sitting in 40C heat, 80% humidity for half a day because their CO wouldn't drive around a rock... hilarious :)
>>
>>54472529

It's on shelves now. Support your FLGS and buy a copy.
>>
>>54438241
>Have skeletons or the undead ever played a part in any of your RPG campaigns?

Yes, they tended to move rather herkily-jerkily
>>
File: 1496434385761.png (168KB, 414x433px) Image search: [Google]
1496434385761.png
168KB, 414x433px
>>54476052
Does any scifi author sicken the soul as much as Wendig?
>>
>>54476063
L. Ron Hubbard, maybe?
>>
>>54476063
>CS Goto
>KJA when Dune is involved
>Mass Effect Andromeda's writers
>Post-Reach Halo writers
>Troy Denning
>Christopher Paolini
>>
>>54476171
>Paolini
Wait, shit, he's not sci-fi. Scratch him off the list. He technically doesn't count.
>>
>>54476052
Swigglety swoopity
>>
>>54476096

What about Karen Traviss? The woman so fucking bad that even George Lucas looked at her body of work and went "Christ, at least I'm not that bad." followed by "Also, better not let her work on Star Wars again."
>>
File: hs10.jpg (95KB, 715x350px) Image search: [Google]
hs10.jpg
95KB, 715x350px
>>54460103
>>54475899
You're spoiling the kids, that's the most I've ever heard about what you did in Iraq. He disappears for the better part of 10 years and randomly pops up like a scary rash
>Where you been?
>Just driving around and stuff
You are also overdue for visit and another beating in Armada
>>
>>54477517
Traviss has bad ideas but she is capable of stringing together coherent sentences that don't sound like a teenage girl's Twitter. So she rates slightly higher than Wendig. Plus, the first RepCom book as actually decent.
>>
>>54474116
Really across the board. In particular I've been trying Defenders, Phantoms, Strikers, and /fo's mostly. I'll also use TIE Advanced if I can get x1 titles and I also have an /sf but I haven't tried it.
>>
>>54478176
Oh and I also use TIE Punishers and TIE Bombers but I've done okay with those. I really like the Punisher
>>
>>54478176
> I also have an /sf but I haven't tried it.

Quickdraw with Adaptability + FCS + Title + LWF is amazing for what he costs. I went up against a 200pt list with him in on Friday and definitely made himself felt by taking out Zuckuss.
>>
>>54476183
>>54476171
To be fair, he was literally a teenager when he was doing most of his world gen.
>>
>>54478176
Defenders are stupid easy to fly compared to other ships. I got 3rd last week at my first store championship with Ryad and vessery doing 4 k-turns over and over with the x7 title or whatever the one that gives you evades for going fast is called
>>
>>54478234
>I really like the Punisher
You and me both anon
>>
>>54478176
The SF definitely feels more "Rebel" than your standard imperial fare. Give them fire control, lightweight frame, and your choice of ept/tech and you're good to go.
>>
>>54478176
TIE/SF is the most rebel-like Empire ship.

TIE Defenders are also statline-efficient jousters.
>>
>>54477969

Traviss writes military sci-fi great. If you could get her to only write those parts, it would be perfect. But since war involves politics usually, people (and by people I mean editors) can't keep her personal politics and values out of the rest of it, which is where it tends to go pear-shaped.
>>
File: Wendig's Paradise.jpg (53KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
Wendig's Paradise.jpg
53KB, 700x450px
>>54477969
>>54481012
I don't think I've ever read any of her books. What makes her so bad?

As far as politics go I definitely agree with a lot of her political stances, though I still don't know entirely everything about her.

Even still personal politics have no place in Star Wars whether you agree or disagree with them. A conservative author injecting conservative politics into a fictional space universe story is no better than Wendig, Jason Fry, or the safety pin RO dude.

Leave your politics at the door no matter where you fall.
>>
>>54481943
But how can I write my self-insert if they're not as preachy as I am?
>>
>>54481943

Best as I can describe briefly,

>Soldiers and military cultures are the coolest and thus, always right
>Nerds and politicians are wrong, unless they learn to be like badass soldiermanz
>Family is fucking amazing, you should grow your family all the time and everybody wants to be part of a cool, badass soldiermanz family
>Anybody who "steals" children harms family and is thus mega-satan
>Superhumans who stand above regular dudes are bad news and will destroy us, unless they become part of badass soldiermanz family then superhuman abilities don't matter

Nothing really inherently wrong, it's just seems like as her writing goes on chronologically she gets worse at warping her narratives and characters to suit her view points and fuck any other nuance or prior continuity.
>>
>>54481943
Basically she turned the Mandalorians into super special space warriors who could do no wrong and were the equal third party to the Jedi/Sith conflict. All Jedi were evil or deadbeats at best unless they happened to agree with the Mandalorians.

In addition, to compare her to Wendig (solely because you used that picture with that title), while he argued with fans about some things, she actually compared Jedi fans with people supporting the Taliban and that she'd like to rip out some tracheas.

Conveniently, a short while later she deleted her site's forum and blog containing the information.

And when The Clone Wars was about to do a Mandalorian arc, she threw a hissy fit and quit writing Star Wars because they didn't want to write the Mandos like she was writing them.
>>
>>54482258
>>54482289
>*threatening screeching from traviss*

While I like her portrayal of Mandos I never knew she was literally threatening physical harm on those who didn't enjoy her books.

Though Wendig's response was still definitely the more batshit retarded one, what with him telling fans that their franchise was dead and would now be replaced by a rainbow nyan cat meteor of diversity and that if they didn't like it they were white supremacist nazis.
>>
>>54482336
She's also well-known as having derailed a lot of character development all to push her own agenda.

Like, Jaina Solo? Sword of the Jedi who earned that title for a reason, and that's because she was a certified badass? Apparently had to go to the Mandalorians to learn how to fight to beat her brother when he turned evil.

And Luke literally has a scene where he has to think in Mando'a.

You should read YodaKenobi's infamous review of Legacy of the Force: Revelation.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100115082418/http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/28128642/p5

It's Traviss at her worst.

Her early stuff is passable (arguably her best book is her first one), but as time went on she went more and more off the deep end.

Oh, and she was proud to admit that she had never watched a Star Wars movie or read a Star Wars book before she was approached by Del Rey to write for them.

And she steadfastly refused to actually pay attention to anything besides her own work and the basic metaplot of the Legacy of the Force series that she was contracted to write for.
>>
>>54482561
All of this just reminds me of how muddled, confused, and messy parts of the EU were, full of author-insert Sues like the Solo kids and inane plots that went nowhere.

I'm fine with her take on Mandalorians and I like that she writes Jedi as not hypercompetent heroic indisputably good guys, but it does seem she really doesn't follow through with her plots, and the characters become a messy blur when none of them seem written in a unique or interesting way, none of them "have a voice" as one guy there pointed out.

I'd take it all over Disney's stuff but there were bad parts to the EU, and among my most disliked are anything involving those damn Solo kids. They made a fucking mockery out of things.
>>
>>54474550

Also make themseleves theor worst enemy. Have a Moff who in his youth have read a book called Vibroblade 4000 and have him emulate the officers who would decimate his own men for the pettiest of reasons
>>
File: rGjLva6i.jpg (24KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
rGjLva6i.jpg
24KB, 512x511px
>>54482871
Just make the PC's boss or overall leader an Imperial Zapp Brannigan, then when they win ImpZapp takes all the credit and everyone believes him, or the party is losing and ImpZapp has one of the rare Brannigan strokes of tactical genius and saves them and redeems himself as not a total asshole.

Either way he wears very short shorts and has an obsession with Corellian velour.
>>
>>54482960
>tfw no imperial soldiers with rhodie shorts
>>
>>54482666
Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo were the best part of the EU from NJO and beyond. Karen Traviss' hate boner for all Jedi except her self insert who wished she was a Mando was pure fucking cancer.
>>
So, my tastes are orbiting back towards SW:Armada and I've just bought a Raider and Arquitens to add to my coreset and Gladiator, oh and an Imperial Fighter 1 box.

What sort of list can I make with that?
>>
File: IMG_0087.jpg (122KB, 1920x830px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.jpg
122KB, 1920x830px
Has anyone tried this app out? Apparently it's an ai you can fly against for practice but I've been too busy to test it out
>>
So I want to start a Star Wars game for my friends. We're migrating from Runequest 6, a BRP d100 game. I will probably be retooling whatever we choose for KotOR era.

What are your recommendations for which tabletop ruleset is best? I had d6 recommended to me, but is FFG the more refined ruleset?
>>
>>54483730
Is this the one that is HotAC AI?

Or is it an actual AI?

I'd be interested in making a markov-chain based AI for X-wing, but I don't really have the time for it- Maybe as a part-time project.
>>
>>54483730
I didn't even know this was a thing.

I've got a Pixel and there's an android app called Mark 13: X-wing Solo AI. Downloaded it, and will try it out later tonight.
>>
>>54485058
I think it's the HotAC AI?
>>
>>54484009
Once you're used to the funky dice, FFG is very smooth, but it really only has resources for its default setting, ABY 0.
>>
>>54485210
I take it back, it also has a good amount of stuff for the clone wars and they're working on a splat for the time in between, but you'll be mostly on your own for kotor era
>>
>>54438241

How much effort would it be to create a campaign for an Imperial Remnant ABE group? When the empire goes silent they have to decide what they want to do -- keep fighting, seize power for themselves, start a new govt etc.... The hope would be it would be all Imperial Navy and Army tech they'd be dealing with though.

Anyone try anything like this?
>>
>>54485210
Are they easily applicable to other eras? I have a wealth of information about the universe itself (and the d6 KotOR sourcebook), I'm just interested in the mechanics. Can it be modeled reasonably well for a greater Sith vs Jedi conflict?
>>
>>54485551
Well, it's not really designed for a character being mace or Yoda-tier, but if you start them as padawans then you shouldn't have any trouble.
>>
>>54474223
Honestly, in the outer rim, unless you are actually patrolling with death squadron or some other elite outfit, you are almost always going to lack the resources you need. An average sector doesn't have nearly the resources it needs to patrol its space, so choices need to be made. There's liable to be all kinds of threats. Internally, you probably have gung ho officers hungry for medals, eager to send their mooks on sucide missions. Lets not forget that there's the question of corruption and bribes, and if you don't play ball with the hutt cartels, things can go really wrong, really fast. Think about your normal rebel campaign. Probably a squad in a freighter who have orders to liberate a sector, or based out of a hidden planet, sometimes a CR-90 if it's meant to be a mobile base. Well, now you are a squad, in place of reacting to all those damned rebels events you would normally be perpetrating. Just put them in a CR-90 and gives them orders to keep a sector safe, and see what happens.
>>
>>54485870
>putting your empire lads in a CR90
Why not a raider class corvette?
>>
>>54486028
Ah, back in my day we had guardian class light cruisers and we liked it. I went with CR-90 because they are modifiable and at heart not a dedicated combat ship within the Imperial Order, which further emphasizes them being poorly equipped for the situation. Remember the rebels when using CR-90s is an indicator of them not having anything better, or rather being strapped for resources.

I mean, ideally i'd go with something sexy like the Gladiator class star destroyer, but even a pocket cruiser like that is probably too much power to start off with.
>>
>>54486133
Gladiator class is admiral's flagship tier. Raider class is perfect for a headstrong asshole who thinks he's getting fast tracked. A CR 90 is JUST tier.
>>
>>54485607

Hmm. Is there a means for progression that far or does it break the combat? It probably wouldn't be a problem anyway, but I hate it when campaigns that go late start to break everything. That happened to me in our last campaign that I mentioned (RQ6) because the percentiles started to get funky.

Are there any particularly good scenarios that I could reskin for a oneshot to kick the campaign off?

I haven't finished the corebook but it seems like retooling the setting shouldn't be more than a night or two of headscratching.
>>
>>54486402
If a force user really commits he can toss around space ships, but nothing bigger than the falcon, and by that point everyone else will be doing epic level shit as well.

I've heard good things about several of the pre-made adventures, but I haven't played them.
>>
>>54482960

That is very Star Wars like. As much as I love the whole Darth Vader lite of killing incompetent lower class members the Zapp analogue make more sense.
>>
File: staff sergeants house.png (40KB, 258x406px) Image search: [Google]
staff sergeants house.png
40KB, 258x406px
>>54482289
Then when she left Star Wars, she tried to ruin Halo.
>>
Do you think FFG will ever include a crafting ruleset for ships? Maybe in the Engineer splat?
>>
>>54482561
>And she steadfastly refused to actually pay attention to anything besides her own work and the basic metaplot of the Legacy of the Force series that she was contracted to write for.
I'm not going to spend a lot of energy defending Traviss, but this is definitely false. Her Mando history was full of reintegrating old material that had since been rendered obsolete by the prequels.
>>
>>54488440

Think? No.

Know? Yes.
>>
>>54483289
Gladiator flies at things and kills them at short range; the Demolisher title is arguably the most must-take upgrade in the entire game

Arquitens orbits at a distance and broadsides at long range, the included DTTs are good for it

Raiders hunt squadrons and/or flotillas, or ships too with external racks (which you don't have); so give it Kallus and flachettes, or whatever other anti-squadron upgrades it comes with

Take VSD as your flagship and use it to command some squadrons, composition of your choice but keep it under at most 70 points and no bombers (you don't have enough carriers nor bombers, to run a proper bomber list)

Take the cheaper version of all the above ships except the VSD, which can be either, your preference; commander is largely your preference as well

Armada isn't like X-Wing; you can basically throw any composition of ships together and be fine, so long as you have the right upgrades (tough for you, obviously, working off a limited collection), and most (but not all) commanders are pretty broad rather than super niche in terms of preferred fleet composition
>>
>>54488664

I've been watching some videos, and one of the takeaways is that VSD's want Jerry as the Admiral due to the vastly increased mobility.
So, something like this:

1 • Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer - Gladiator-class Star Destroyer (56) - Ordnance Experts (4) - Rapid Reload (8) - Demolisher (10)
• Total : 78 • Code : e5w5n3f12
2 • Arquitens-class Light Cruiser - Imperial Light Cruiser (54) - Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5) - Hand of Justice (4)
• Total : 63 • Code : e37t10f33
3 • Victory II-class Star Destroyer - Victory-class Star Destroyer (85) - Moff Jerjerrod (23) - Minister Tua (2) - Expanded Hangar Bay (5) - Reinforced Blast Doors (5) - Dominator (12)
• Total : 132 • Code : e2c16o31g1d5f2
4 • Raider I-class corvette - Raider class corvette (44) - Admiral Montferrat (5) - Point-Defense Reroute (5) - Impetuous (4)
• Total : 58 • Code : e25o19g2f22
5 • ''Mauler'' Mithel TIE Fighter Squadron - TIE Fighter (15)
• Total : 15 • Code : e10
6 • TIE Fighter Squadron - TIE Fighter (8)
• Total : 8 • Code : e4
7 • TIE Fighter Squadron - TIE Fighter (8)
8 • TIE Fighter Squadron - TIE Fighter (8)
9 • Soontir Fel TIE Interceptor Squadron - TIE Interceptor (18)
• Total : 18 • Code : e13
10 • TIE Interceptor Squadron - TIE Interceptor (11)
• Total : 11 • Code : e7
11 • Objectives - Objectives (0) - Advanced Gunnery (0) - Fire Lanes (0) - Intel Sweep (0)
• Total : 0 • Code : e0a1a6a9

http://armada.fabpsb.net/permalink.php?sq=e5w5n3f12e37t10f33e2c16o31g1d5f2e25o19g2f22e10e4e4e4e13e7e0a1a6a9
>>
>>54489092
Sure, something like that

You might want to change Fire Lanes to Hyperspace Assault. An enemy with strategic or an ISD/Liberty is gonna be able to contest them pretty hard, and if you try to score with your VSD you'll risk running them over, which gives them to the opponent.

Conversely, dropping Demolisher directly behind the enemy fleet is their worst nightmare.
>>
>>54488440
>>54488549
I'm not sure. Starships aren't something you can really "craft." Even Moncal cruisers that receive a lot of hands-on construction work still require large teams of builders and factory aid to be constructed.

At most I think they'll make rules for designing starship blueprints and a calculated cost then let you handwave away the construction of it.
>>
>>54489892

No literally the Engineer book has previewed it has crafting time tables and charts for spaceships, and has an entire spec devoted to that process - shipwright.
>>
>>54488440
Believe its coming out in the engineer splat, was announced a couple of months ago
>>
File: KILL MEEEEEEE.png (654KB, 963x770px) Image search: [Google]
KILL MEEEEEEE.png
654KB, 963x770px
>>54489892
>Starships aren't something you can really "craft."
Uglies and Legends' Mk I A-wings say otherwise.
>>
>>54490132
>>54489892
Hell, even in canon we have precedent for the B-Wings being designed by literally a single dude in the ass end of nowhere.
>>
>>54480346
>>54478876
>>54478690
>>54478303

Thanks all; you're the best
>>
File: star_wars_ship2_2.jpg (449KB, 1920x1047px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_ship2_2.jpg
449KB, 1920x1047px
>>54477842
Yeah, at some point I have to pop in soon

>>54489892
For the smaller stuff up to Sil3, you can make that in a cave or garage somewhere with enough bits and pieces. Even Sil4 you might get away with a small warehouse and a lot of equipment, preferably at least a crane and heavy duty welder, cutting tools etc.
Really big stuff over Sil5 is still doable, most of the backwater shitholes can make some kind of corvette, bulk freighter or customs ship if they're past the point of at least post-industrial with some kind of factories.
Anything bigger you really need a slipyard, maybe even an orbital, zero G environment to stick it all together, huge amounts of resources and 100's of little welder minions crawling all over it.
>>
Final spacebump
>>
File: NebulaClassSD-EGTW.jpg (244KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
NebulaClassSD-EGTW.jpg
244KB, 1920x816px
>>54438241
I just learned about the Nebula Class Star Destroyer...

My, god, this thing is beautiful.

So many wonderful ships lost with Disney's new canon.

Admittedly, this same night I also learned about the Defender Starfighter and see some of the less pretty Legends ship designs.
>>
>>54490180
>literally a single dude in the ass end of nowhere.
Astromechs are people too!
>>
>>54494024

>No one knew what the Nebula looked like for the first year it was around.
>then Cracken's guide made it out as part of a conga line of retard mobiles...
>takes ~15 years to get that unfucked image of it.
>in the meantime no author would even think of touching it for a story... so cool Star Destroyers like Mon Mothma or Bail Organa from the YVW end up being NR modded ISDIIs.

Am salty because it and the Endurance ended up looking pretty fantastic. Still don't have a good image for the Majestic Heavy Cruiser either... or the Chiss SD or Turbulent and it would have cost very little to get them drawn.
>>
>>54496929
Are there even NR capital ships in newcanon?

I thought the NR basically demilitarized and then had the remaining fleet destroyed by the Death Earth, because "muh underdogs"

I would pay large sums of fiat currency for a Nebula class in Armada.
>>
>>54497416
IIRC, TFA showed a few capitals in orbit over Hosnian Prime before it got blown up. And presumably, those Xs, As, and bombers in TLJ's trailer had to deploy from some sort of carrier. The latter don't exactly look like they'd be able to park on the ground, seeing as they resemble assless Nebs.
>>
>>54497416

Yeah, TFAs VD says by the movie NR has the biggest dick in the galaxy. Secret First Order military still doesn't compare. But all the cool stuff is apparently around Hosnian Prime.

This NR fleet is not comparable numbers wise to the Empire or Republic fleets at their height. That's mentioned. But it suggests they have enough capital ships, next gen A-wings, X-wings, and bombers to waste anybody around. They just don't use it because muh effete politics.

Last Jedi will have some capital ships, we'll get an idea of whether they try to BSG vibe it (and give Ackbar and Leia and Laura Dern something cool to have shot out from under them) or are still largely avoiding showing the NR will cool capships.

Upcoming book Bomber Command, and maybe Cobalt Squadron, might be our best chance for NR navy info outside the direct TLJ stuff.
>>
>>54497563
>Yeah, TFAs VD says by the movie NR has the biggest dick in the galaxy. Secret First Order military still doesn't compare. But all the cool stuff is apparently around Hosnian Prime.
>This NR fleet is not comparable numbers wise to the Empire or Republic fleets at their height. That's mentioned. But it suggests they have enough capital ships, next gen A-wings, X-wings, and bombers to waste anybody around. They just don't use it because muh effete politics.

Oh, good and neat.

So TFA was like a Pearl Harbor metaphor. Powerful fleet heavily wounded, but still a significant power and presumably a massive industrial base now spooling up.

As a lover of large space ships this pleases me.

NuCanon's WW2 references are really getting out of hand.
>>
>>54497579
>NuCanon's WW2 references are really getting out of hand.
Space kancolle when, Lucasfilm?
>>
>>54497579
Star Wars has always been WWII in space. Only thing is, TFA isn't at all like Pearl because it's not dragging the last major power into a war that's already been going on for years. Shit metaphor until I get my space Khalkhin Gol and space 1st AVG.
>>
File: swx73-ion-dischargers.png (128KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
swx73-ion-dischargers.png
128KB, 196x300px
https://youtu.be/vOBKxUT9Da4?t=27
>>
>>54499267

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/24/starviper-mk-ii/

One Starviper pilot is PS6 and can turn any bank or turn into a T-Roll, the other is a PS4 who can either copy a pilots PS at game start or their pilot ability.

The new Generic is a PS5 EPT holder who clocks in at a highly affordable 28pts, which goes down to 25 with the new title.
>>
>>54499363
>FFG had to canibalize their own source books for pilots
I don't know why I find this so funny
>>
>>54498218
>Star Wars has always been WWII in space.

Yes but it's gotten less subtle.

In the 70s, both American and Japanese filmmakers (which heavily inspired Star Wars) had WW2 well within their collective memories. Lucas himself was born while the war was still going on. That caused heavy influences in the works, as any geopolitical event of such magnitude would. Lucas grew up surrounded by and watching the films of people who may well have personally fought in the war themselves.

But WW2 was a long time ago. It's faces from living memory. They're no longer just being culturally influenced by its recency, they're making a conscious decision to retell portions of it on screen.
>>
>>54499425

For the StarViper, it makes a degree of sense. The ship didn't really feature in anything other than Shadows of the Empire and Empire at War: Force of Corruption, so short of lobbing Tyber Zahn into one their options were a little limited.
>>
>>54499363
As an Armada player, X-Wing's ship/upgrade system seems so much more complicated.
>>
>>54497730

When somebody in Japan tells disney how to make infinite otakubux.
>>
>>54499627

That's because you are on wave 6, without any REAL gamebreaking mistakes made by the developers yet, X-Wing is on Wave 11+ with AT LEAST two major gamebreaking missteps on it's roster in the form of the TIE Phantom which has since been nerfed and the Jumpmaster 5000. As a result FFG keep trying to nerf it by attacking it's common upgrade builds, but that in turn results in them nerfing everything else that uses those cards and as a result they go back to the Jumpmaster in some minor modified form because it's TOO cheap for what it brings to the table.
>>
>>54499363

Looking at both I'm not sure if they're gonna get picked up. Dalen a bad fit for a Mindlink due to his ability, at PS6 you want VI on him, so you can't play about with Stay on Target shenannigans, and maneouver abilities tend not to get picked up the meta at any period.
The only exception to that being Ryad who was simply TOO good not to pick up.

Thweek might get picked up with just the title, he clocks in at 25 points which is not unreasonable, and him stealing the right ability might just be the thing you need to take the game. Lack of EPT means you can't put him in a Mindlink though, which REALLY hurts him.

I think the real star of the preview is going to be the Ion Dischargers, so now I can pair them up with Pulse Ray shields for the same price as just shields on a Vraksai.

I can't think of any other use for them really, there are MUCH better 2pt Illicits in the game currently if you can't take them in conjunction with Pulse Ray Shields. Hell, even WITH they are twice as expensive as they would be on a Vraksai Kithrax.
Then again, 4pts for repeatable Shield Regen is in keeping with Rebel prices so whatever.
>>
File: 1493493456056.jpg (45KB, 480x578px) Image search: [Google]
1493493456056.jpg
45KB, 480x578px
>>54499701
>how to make infinite otakubux.
What if we took XWM and Armada and replaced all the actual starship miniatures with boatslut minis?
>>
>>54499706
Armada's pretty well balanced, yeah.

But you've got pilot abilities (half a dozen or more pilots per ship), ship titles, upgrade cards adding upgrade slots, upgrades that are zero or negative points, upgrades that reduce the cost of other upgrades, etc

Armada has two ship cards per ship, with no abilities attached; 1-3 titles per ship which are always unique (sole exception: Hammerhead Task Forces, which work by exhausting the same title on a nearby ship); the only upgrade that adds slots is Tua, who's unique, Imperial only, and can't add to a ship which already has the slot; and no zero cost, negative cost, or cost reducing upgrades.

A quick search says X-Wing already had some (if not all?) of that stuff as of its sixth wave.
>>
>>54499627
It's literally the same system. >>54499363
Thweek-biggs is going to be brutal, as will Thweek-omega leader.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 662x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 662x877px
>>54500045
More importantly, should TIE-chan be nopan to match her noshields?
>>
>>54500407

I like the ability a lot. I'd like it a whole lot more if he didn't have to choose between PS or Ability steal, but for his price tag it's fine.
Basically he semi counters what's popular in the meta and promotes generics.
The only problem here is he's basically useless against a triple Jumpmaster build.

Him with Fenn Rau, Dengar or Quickdraws ability would be pretty interesting though. Or Manaroos and or Tel Tavuras. All of which are popular right now.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.