[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 52

File: radha.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
radha.png
145KB, 223x311px
RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Can you aggro at your table, /edhg/? If so, how do you crush your enemies (and all that other good stuff)?
>>
>>54446479
>Can you aggro at your table, /edhg/? If so, how do you crush your enemies (and all that other good stuff)?
No
agro doesnt work though sticking zergo and following with MLD usually does the trick
>>
>>54446627
the hero we needed
not the hero we deserved
>>
>>54446321
I did say half dozen, man. There's not a lot but still more than lots of other creature types.
>>
>>54446479
>Can you aggro at your table, /edhg/? If so, how do you crush your enemies (and all that other good stuff)?
Aggro doesn't work in EDH as long as you have a strict "nuthin personal" rule. The whole point of aggro is to go under somebody's game plan and kill them or severely hurt them, and your rational for doing so is based on what player is going to end up being the biggest obstacle for you to win the game.

The problem is that in some tables, aggro either doesn't work, or people take it personally when they are focused hard. This leads to people playing WAY too mercifully, and that's where the belief that aggro doesn't work in edh comes from. If you play a bunch of dudes and swing without a goal, you end up dealing 10 or so damage three times to the other players, and then end up in the midgame with a bad creature deck. If you aren't going to go after threats like an attack dog, than what is the advantage of aggro?

In my group I've been pushing for a soft rule that we are not going to disproportionately scorn somebody for playing to their deck's strengths, and that we accept aggro without making grudges.
>>
redpill me on skullclamp. just how GOOD is it? i dont plan on having my mana dorks dying and when they do it's game finishing with craterrhoof behemoth and stampedes etc.
also, i dont really have much of token generators
currently i swapped it out for an extra land since my land count was pretty low
no i haven't played the deck before and yes im new
>>
>>54446479
Mostly I seem to do the crushing by playing a nonland card or two and opponent gets absolutely shafted because they're too dumb to run removal. Last time I had a Mayael player doing nothing but play lands, since I played T1 Phyrexian Reclamation and had Ayli and Preacher out pretty early. I sacced his plant token first he gave me, then Mayael in response of him using Polukranos' monstrosity trigger on Mayael and Preacher and then Polukranos.
He refused to play anything even after I stopped recurring Preacher after the 2nd killing of it.
After the game he left the table, refusing to play anymore, after he talked about having power 9 on a vault for some reason. No one was impressed by his statement and he went by other table to watch other people do trading.

I have never met anyone who played Mayael and wasn't a complete retard, what's with that?
>>
>>54446717
>redpill me on skullclamp. just how GOOD is it?
colorless 1 drop phyrexian arena good
granted thats not the best example but its that good turns dorks into cards
turns tokens into cards
eats hate
costs one so it can be sun titan'd and trinket mage'd
>>
File: IMG_6347.jpg (79KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6347.jpg
79KB, 540x540px
tfw turn one lotus petal dark ritual mana vault sire of insanity
>>
>>54446717

It's fucking stupidly broken but no you can't just stick it any random deck, you want tokens

As far as elves go, it should be very good in elves. I get that you don't want to be sacrificing mana sources, but if you have enough small elves in your deck you'll be happy to sac 1 and draw 2 more.
>>
>>54446717
It's broken enough that anyone not completely into and relatively new person has been dumbfounded by it and asked that "what the fuck, this shit isn't banned?"
>>
>>54446693
That's an interesting Gentelmen's agreement, I might consider adopting it as something to suggest for my own group.

Don't get mad at the combo player for comboing off.
Don't get mad at the aggro player for swinging out.
Don't get mad at the control player for wiping the board.
You might as well get mad at leaves falling -- it's just in their nature.

Subset of "Be excellent to each other and it's just a game you really should relax"

That siad, I don't see why, if aggro (or anyone else) is coming for my throat, I shouldn't protect said throat with all the force I can muster. In game retribution is fine.
>>
>>54446768
I know this feel
which is why yidris "hidden commander sire of insanity" was asked politely but firmly to be retired
>>
>>54446717
Depending on the deck, skullclamp ranges from "Good, lets you get a couple cards when your creatures die" to "Instant win".
>>
>>54446768
>tfw opponent still gets a land drop and StoPing sire
Anyway, there's nothing as satisfying as Missteping someone's T1 Sol Ring. Except maybe playing your own directly afterwards.
>>
>>54446787
I never liked combo being a pillar over midrange.

But I'm like the only one not running two card combos in my meta now. They all run it "as back up".
>>
>>54446787
I would personally discourage combo simply because combo invalidates every strategy that isn't storm or stax, and you can't live for very long in the goldilocks zone of the combo player just not having a tuned enough deck to just go off consistently. Aggro needs combo to be reined in to be a viable option.
>>
>>54446787
>Don't get mad at the combo player for comboing off
How about one for Combo player should not be surprised that nobody wants to play against his infinite combo deck he built after we specifically told him nobody would ever enjoy playing against it
>>
>>54446907
the majority of that thread is someone being bad at spoiling and an autist getting mad at him for it
>>
>>54446799
>>54446776
>>54446778
>>54446754
thanks anons. i know it's a good card but i wasn't sure if it's an auto include or not
i do plan on running sun titan, and the token generator i have is freyalise, so yeah it can do work for my deck

i plan on buying it either way, i'll have to test out how the deck runs with and without it and see if there's anything else i can cut if i do need the land
>>
>>54446842
>But I'm like the only one not running two card combos in my meta now. They all run it "as back up".

This shit annoys me. I want to play a game of magic where everybody is at least sort of trying, not a game of wait and see what turn you feel like doing the combo. At best, this means we all have to sit down for another hour after we are already basically dead because the combo player wants to pretend that the game isn't over whenever he feels like it, at worst it's a player acting like a toddler that's been grounded from his favorite toy and responds by hiding it somewhere instead of behaving.
>>
>>54446479
>no discord link

Come here guys, this is the official one.
>>
File: 1474567502218.gif (2MB, 504x279px) Image search: [Google]
1474567502218.gif
2MB, 504x279px
>>54446627
>>54447013
open your eyes anon
>>
>>54446988

There are some other Elf cards that are good with skullclamp, dwynen's elite, hunting triad, elvish promenade, and especially lys Alana huntmaster
>>
>>54447084

Also wirewood hivemaster and Rhys the redeemed
>>
>>54447084
for sure, those are good together. maybe it'll be more geared towards tokens at a later stage
>>
>>54446922
That goes for any deck that's radically higher tier/more tuned than the rest of the playgroup.

I've built fucking casual combo, It's janky, a little chaotic, and engages with the field in partial combo/misfire mode until the rube goldberg is finally assembled. Riku Great Snake Mistake is fun, and while it's not "LOL 2 card infinite" it's still arch-typically combo.
>>
>2 generals open because of a childish dispute about a fucking link
>>
>>54447313
This is how conflicts are resolved get used to it faggot
>>
>>54447313
2 generals open because OPs work fast and nearly simultaneous, I think.

They stay open because of a childish dispute about a fucking link.. The funniest part is both sides calling the other whiny little bitches about something that "doesn't matter" or is "Just a url". If you could bottle this lack of self-awareness you could make a fortune.
>>
I actually cant stand being the spike in my playgroup

>trying neheb out, pretty casual list
>playgroup holds grudges based on things from games prior, things that happened earlier in the week/day, etc.
>literally cant stick anything to the board without it being targeted or destroyed
>zombie player gets to set up yard and build huge board, atraxa player goes nuts with card draw, another player sets up an infinite
>this all goes unpunished

holy fuck
>>
>>54447430
Which Neheb, anon?

Keep a tally of game results. Then when someone decides you're the threat present the evidence that proves you're not. Unless they're right, of course.
>>
>>54447430
shit thats not even that spikey but yeah I know what you mean
a lot of us even in /CrawwurmGen/ have just learned to revel in being the archenemy
I mean my selvala stax list isnt even close to being competitive but it draws the ire of the entire table in the 3 playgroups I regularly play in
it actually really helps playing 3v1 in tuning your decks mine have certainly gotten better
>>
>>54447371
>>54447402
I just find it sad, but what can you do?
I just hope that the this doesn't become a trend.
>>
>>54447252
Casual combo is fine, but everyone gets upset if you call anything that doesn't immediately win you the game combo. In MtG.
>>
Friendly reminder to everyone upset that Demon tribal isn't a thing in C17: Demons already got a tribal deck in C14.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/card-set-archive/commander-2014/sworn-to-darkness
>>
File: 1464962160221.gif (234KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464962160221.gif
234KB, 500x500px
>>54447755
wait who is upset about this?
>>
>>54447755
Even Kalia is more demon tribal.
>>
>>54447755
bu-but that deck doesn't really have demon tribal elements anon. It's swamps-matter with morbid, tokens, and reanimation.

If you really wanted to argue that, you would say that kaalia was already 1/3 of a demon tribal deck, but kaalia out of the box was absolute ass and basically had no tribal synergies except the commander.
>>
>>54447556
I think you're been spared from a terrible fate. In both of my LGS's, I get targeted regardless of which deck I play, which usually pushes me to tune even the jank decks I play and discard all the fun pet cards I'd like to play.
I have only one consistent and somewhat powerful deck, but I seem to be archenemy, because I run removal among other things.

Worst of all, the retards never learn from their mistakes, but instead think that I have magic powers or I stack my deck, because they don't realize the power of tutors and they think it's good idea to take the bait every time from Tempt with Discovery.
I swear, I have never been angry at any card besides that one. It's the ultimate stamp that gives a perfect clarification of who's a retard and who has a semblance of sense.
>>
>>54447755
there are people who care when we get relevant demon cards printed constantly anyway?
>>
So I'm working on a Nicol Bolas Budget commander deck. The whole purpose of it is hand manipulation and creature control like the great Bolas would do.

Any cool cards I haven't heard of yet? I've been trying to get my hands on Liliana's Caress but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>54447843
>think that I have magic powers or I stack my deck
i play into this
>>
>>54447843
just start quoting yu gi oh if they are going to be that way
>>
>>54447860
You might want to consider Mindclaw Shaman to play to play with other people's hands.
>>
>>54447755
I'm more upset that we're getting meme tribal in the form of Clerics and Cats. I know the decks will make some people really excited and happy, but I just want abzan elves or humans, or even fucking soldiers.
I'm happy for the people who are going to enjoy the decks and make jank tribal work, but I was really hoping for much more standard and well loved tribes to get better commanders. But I get that doing that wouldn't be as exciting.
>>
>>54447869
>>54447893
I just find it somewhat amusing whenever I use Demonic Tutor to find a wincon, they always seem to assume that I topdecked it. It takes insane mental gymnastics, since they are aware of the fact that I tutored a card.
But afterall, this is same group where I foil plans of Mayael with a Pithing Needle and people try to Disenchant my Aura of Silence instead of my Necropotence, which I could kind of understand, if the dude was playing something else than creatures, but it had literally no effect on his play, aside from minor inconvenience of needing to pay 3 mana from your Sol Ring
>>
>>54447939
>meme tribal
>clerics
cease your faggotry, its a tribe with historical tribal synergy
>>
>>54448245
>Historical
Yeah, in the same set as fucking wizard tribal, and a set based entirely around creatures.
it was a meme then and it's a meme now. Just because there is the cat lord or minotaur lord doesn't mean that the tribes aren't memes.
>>
>>54447939
You know that Cleric is just one of the options people have thought of for the last deck, right? There are just as many, if not more, that think it's going to be Rogue, for example
>>
>>54448376
>meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme meme
>am I cool yet guys
>>
>>54448376
>Yeah, in the same set as fucking wizard tribal
ill take it as you agreeing with me
>>
>>54447939
Reminder that Clerics are still very unlikely.
>>
>>54447013
That's exactly how I chose this thread.
>>
>>54448406
That's even worse.
>>
>>54448728
what were you hoping for tfw no spirit tribal
>>
>people are mad about a thing they made up in their own heads
I'm furious that wizards decided to permanently remove basic lands from the game starting with Ixalan. They just want to force everybody to spend more money on non-basics because they are greedy.

how DARE they
>>
File: 1492990145591.jpg (14KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1492990145591.jpg
14KB, 300x301px
>>54449013
>wizards decided to permanently remove basic lands
what is this hysteria?
>>
>>54449013
Fuck wizards for putting full art basics in all sets from now on starting with Ixalan, now they're not special anymore.
>>
>>54447860

I played a control/hand-manip Crosis the Purger deck for a while that ran Shared Fate to get everybody drawing everyone from else's deck (if your playgroup has enough overlapping colors).

The cards don't go to people's hands, but it's a mindfuck and really fun in casual that fits the theme; you can still play cards but you have to play other deck's cards
>>
>>54449026
basic lands haven't been spoiled for Ixalan yet, there for they must have been removed
>>
File: memecenter_happy_pepe.jpg (25KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
memecenter_happy_pepe.jpg
25KB, 480x424px
>build a deck by avoiding expensive staples
>use spicy dollar rares and meme cards
>win games against goodstuff decks all the same

best feeling
>>
>>54449148
this is the best feel and the only reason I keep playing
>pull out 5c deck
>casts ruination on turn 5
>turns out your deck has all basics
heh and the deck is only worth like 70 bucks
>>
File: 185.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
185.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>54449148
post cheap sekrit techs that wreck expensive cards
>stealing planeswalkers with pic related to ult them
Best feeling
>>
>>54449308
i've recently just started playing tons of clone and steal cards. they're great since they are just as powerful as your group, and no one can complain that you're playing unfair cards
>>
What if the cleric/rogues/wizards/faggots are monoB instead of UB, WB, UWB, UBR or whatever everyone is sperging about?
>>
is there any particular way you keep track of the cards you're not using? i stuffed everything in a trade binder separate from standard, but my collection has expanded so much since i was starting out that i think i need a new binder specifically for edh. all commons and uncommons that don't look useful or interesting are kept in a box.
>>
>>54447939
Would you rather get another dull combat based Boros commander with some kind of soldier tribal sprinkled in just because there has to be a tribe?
>>
File: armageddon.png (107KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
armageddon.png
107KB, 223x310px
>>54449308
This is my favorite sekrit tech to wreck expensive decks. Don't tell anyone about it. ;)
>>
>>54449013
Sauce?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-22-00-36-51.jpg (353KB, 1440x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-22-00-36-51.jpg
353KB, 1440x1750px
God protean hulk is dumb.
Ive pulled umpteen wins out of my ass with that card fucking hell someone ban it.
Also ive spent a bit too much this week on coloured cardboard someone please stop me.
>>
>>54450444
> ive spent a bit too much this week on coloured cardboard
Haven't we all
>>
>>54450571
>orderstatus
>kassamyynti

What sorcery is this?
>>
File: j8m4eN1.jpg (776KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
j8m4eN1.jpg
776KB, 2448x3264px
>>54449085
Someone got Ixalan basics in an HOU box, so this isn't even true.
>>
File: Ow2BnzM.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Ow2BnzM.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54450781
>>
>>54450781
How the hell did wizard manage to fuck up so badly?
This is some shit on the level of "instructions unclear, got my dick stuck in the ceiling fan"
>>
>>54450781
>>54450810
Lol, what?
How did that happen?
>>
>>54450756
It roughly means "bought at the counter".
The rest i ordered online but that one i was at the store and bought a drink and a deckbox.
>>
File: bruce.jpg (13KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.jpg
13KB, 208x199px
>playing rashmi goofy instants on xmage
>uril guy complains the whole game about everything
>he finally gets out his 10/10 double striker uril
>put constant mists on isochron against him
>he calls me a dickhead blue player and that he's going to bring out his "passive aggressive deck" against me the next time he sees me
>ragequits

who knew a 2-mana artifact could be such an insurmountable barrier to a deck with access to 3 colors worth of removal
>>
>>54450756
my guess is that anon's a finn
>>
File: 1458833687152.jpg (552KB, 1625x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1458833687152.jpg
552KB, 1625x1117px
>>54451132
Correct : ^)
I bought some staples, and most of the shocklands and fetchlands i was missing.
Also finished my allies deck now, pls r8.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-07-17-Byl-general-tazri/
Also finished my jarad/mazirek. I feel it relies too much on birthing pod though finding it isnt too hard. Generally can get enough value and/or go infinite with 2-4 activations of pod.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jaradmazirek-casual-commander/
>>
>>54451109
Isochron + silence is a good way to make someone rage quit
>>
File: Mailtime.jpg (608KB, 1612x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Mailtime.jpg
608KB, 1612x1209px
What arrived in your mailbox today, /tg/?

It was a good day
>>
https://imgur.com/gallery/gOoRw

Vampires are in, unsurprisingly. So what's the 4th one? it's a little ambiguous but I'm guessing Clerics.
>>
>>54447755
>1/4th of the creatures are Demons
>Demon Tribal
>>
>>54451544
What are the forests from
>>
>>54451545
Rouges
Mercenaries
>>
Shocks, fetches, woodfall primus, damnation, allies, confluence, city of brass, cavern of souls, mana echoes, food chain, aura shards.
Ill post a picture later mostly because i want to see whether i can fit it all in one picture or not
>>
>>54449051
The sad part is they're probably going to do this at some point.
>>
>>54451544
selesnya guild best guild
>>
>>54451643
>>54451544
>>
What if everyone is overanalyzing the fourth 2017 tribe and it's just Humans?
>>
>>54451754
that would be very lame
>>
>>54450839
>fuck up so badly

Of course you are discounting the fact that these may be intentional. Yes thats what they are, intentionally seeding boosters with the wrong lands to build up hype.
>>
>>54452061
t. Maro on damage control
>>
File: eternaldominion.jpg (174KB, 463x663px) Image search: [Google]
eternaldominion.jpg
174KB, 463x663px
>rashmi deck
>32 instants
>the only counterspells steal the spell or do something similarly timmyesque
>the only wincon is casting Eternal Dominion and copying it
>usually just lose the game by casting it since i lose access to all my control shit

am i playing simic right
>>
>>54452080
Since the whole rare sheet was leaked I guess the basic lands is all they have left.
>>
>>54452093
yes
>>
>>54452093

seems lame
>>
>>54452061
Well, those are pretty basics, I'll give you that
>>
>>54446479>>54446627
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54452145
>be dude working at factory
>Wizards cuts your pay
>seeds booster packs with wrong basics
That'll teach them
>loses job
>>
>>54447013
yep, having discord link in the OP is how you spot fake generals.
>>
>>54452093
Why not play Izzet spellslinger since you rely on that finisher? You get access to stuff that makes spells cheaper, makes tokens to block with when you cast stuff and copies the shit out of spells.
>>
>>54446651
disregard that, I suck cocks
>>
>>54446768
Sire of Insanity is my favorite card.
>>
>>54452188
i'm mostly doing simic because it lets me play rashmi, which lets all my instants and flash spells cantrip, which in turn lets me maintain card advantage while i goof around on other people's turns

eternal dominion is more of an afterthought for the deck since i don't really care about winning, i just like to goof around casting spells and shit. i wouldn't mind having more wincons if they're as fun as eternal dominion, but in simic my options for "fun wincon" are limited
>>
>>54451545
Hopefully wizards or clerics. I've spent some time looking for either with a face tatoo like hers and I whiffed. Anyone seen anything like that in MTG?
>>
>>54451109
>have an elaborate post prepared about why that Uril player is shit, and how he could improve
>realize you're bragging about playing on xmage
Eh, buy the cardboard, and then I'll care.
>>
>>54449564
Mono B is kinda boring unless your general has an interesting gimmick.
>>
>>54452323
i own a lot of carboar, i just like to test new stuff out on xmage
>>
>>54452391
Sure, but xmage in and of itself strikes me as unlimited budget fantasy land, so it's inherently less cool. Part of the fun of playing commander is building on a budget, the second everyone gets ABUR Duals and goofy expensive cards like The Abyss or Gaia's Cradle, it just becomes an elaborate game of solitaire, particularly online, where you don't even have the joy of acquiring the cards.
>>
I don't get this discord meme. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>54452459
Yes and no. It's bad in the sense that it promotes bullshit, and that it's escalated to the point of actually mattering. If it was just ignored and never discussed, it'd be fine, relatively speaking. After today, and /dsg/-level bullshit, clearly it's a problem, regardless of how helpful it is, and discord fags need to fuck off before their attention whoring escalates further.
>>
>>54452450
i gimp the fuck out of my decks, even on xmage. the deck i'm currently testing costs about 70 euros on magic card market. i don't even bother testing most expensive cards because they're usually boring goodstuff anyway. i still win plenty on xmage, and it's very rewarding when you do so with a budget deck against ABUR duals and mana crypts
>>
File: clerics.png (1MB, 958x680px) Image search: [Google]
clerics.png
1MB, 958x680px
>>54452270
there aren't many white clerics that fit the theme of the spoiled art.

the first card here reminded me of the faceial markings, but it's pretty far fetched.
the second card looks like the dudes in the background, similar colours and roumd, big gold things on the shoulders

i'm gonna guess clerics too
>>
>>54452493
Nothing HAPPENS in the discord you retards. It's just a place where people from the thread go to chat and organize games.
>>
>>54452503
Yes yes, I'm aware you're a pub-stomping god who enforces online justice with his shitbrew skills and all, but if you just left that detail out, your story would have been fine.

The reason people play those cards is because certain decks that use them are genuinely unbeatable at a lower budget. It's the difference between being a professional fighter, and playing Mortal Kombat competitively. Sure, you can find success doing both, but they aren't analogous, and one is clearly better than the other.
>>
>>54452559
>this complete tard starting this stupid argument again
No, it fosters namefagging avatar whores who desperately plead for attention, and perpetual circlejerks of stupidity that bleed over into /tg/.

Have you actually BEEN on the discord? It's literally a bunch of gay furies arguing about politics and pretending to be cool. While that's their business, keep it separate from /tg/ so we all can enjoy discussing commander. If you want to discuss magic with your friends, go to other websites. If you want to discuss magic with a bunch of dickhead anonymous neckbeards, post here. Like I said, it wasn't an issue until it became an issue, and the main point of contention was that it would inevitably become one, which it actually did.
>>
>>54447755
>Eight (8) creatures out of 28 that are either Demons or care about demons
>9 if you count Ob Nix himself
>a demon tribal deck
>>
>>54452567
what the heck are you even talking about dude lmao
>>
File: 1382240574799.jpg (98KB, 380x243px) Image search: [Google]
1382240574799.jpg
98KB, 380x243px
>>54452631
It's still not an issue. If you don't want to post in the discord, don't.
>>
>>54452678
But the constant discussion about the goddamned discord and now the two threads and the months of bickering are the issue you dense twat. It's even escalating.
>>
>>54452762
If the people who don't want to post in the Discord didn't complain about it, there would be no issue.
>>
>>54452811
It all started with the dude sperging out every time the OP didn't include the discord link though
>>
>>54452927
this. im just going to start spamming discord every time somebody whines about it here
>>
>>54452927
All he did was post once with a link. That's it.
>>
>>54452953
no i remember a few weeks ago somebody reeeeeee'd about no discord info in an edhgeneral so hard it derailed the entire thread. Even now they have some smarmy copypasta about "dont forget next time!"

its the haughty attitude that gets me. like sure, post a link to the site, thats fine, but autistically screeching because you dont see it in a general thread is just sad
>>
>>54452953
The thing is he did that every goddamn thread and this mildly rustled some jimmies, when asked to stop he always sperged out that annoyed dome anons even more and than it escalated to what you see now
>>
>>54453071
>>54453053
>>54452953
>>54452947
>>54452927
>>54452811
>>54452762
>>54452678
>>54452631
isn't this derailing the thread?
>>
>>54453245
This thread deserves to be derailed, we literally have a thread up with more posts

>>54446448
>>
File: 1244586985.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
1244586985.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
>>54452093
>I cast eternal dominion and copy it
my nigga, thats the only way to do it. though I'd say to add red, you not only can get riku, red has a lot of copy spells
>>

Let the Prossh or Zur player take all the heat, and then double kill with Saskia
>>
>>54453333
that thread has some unpalatable self-promotion bullshit in it and should've been abandoned long ago.
>"b-b-but discord is not self-promotion"
fuck off, that namefagging shit is nothing but
>>
>>54453761
>m-muh NAMEFAGGING
As if basically everyone in this thread wasn't "Anonymous"
>>
>>54453685
>>54452093
Guyz you've opened my eyes on what I want my next deck to be.
How annoying is it to shuffle 1-2 libraries each mainphase tho? Do people hate you because of that?
>>
>>54453777
discord is namefagging, stop being obtuse you useless fuck
>>
>>54453777
What are you on, my dude?
>>
File: Image (13).png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (13).png
134KB, 223x311px
>>54453792
Yes
>>
>>54453792
it matters on your playgroup, be expected for people to limit on how much you take, or that you even take at all. depending on how you treat cards, some can get extremely pissed.

(blog) once procked it three times, attempting to steal an omnath's foil Gae's Cradle. guy refused to let me target it and ended up bouncing. guy was a dickhead, but it still sat with everyone. (/endblog) just be careful.
>>
>>54453812
That's like calling real life namefagging. Discord shit doesn't translate to posts in this thread.
>>
>>54453870
if a person does not want me to steal his permanent he can concede. I can't imagine people I'm playing with making any other decision
>>
>>54452270

My guess is Clerics, but I Clerics probably won't have U in them right? Vampires definitely won't have U, and we know cats are G/W. That means this last deck should have some element of blue.

I don't know if it's wizards, necessarily, but that seems like a decent guess. Rogues too, honestly. Based on the art alone this last tribe is going to be the real surprise.
>>
>>54452550
>>54452550
how does the second one work? you attack when it's a 2/2 then flip it after it wasnt blocked? does that bypass the first trigger?
>>
>>54446964
Saying you reported someone is a banable offense, enjoy your holiday
>>
>>54454039
>does that bypass the first trigger?
Yes.
>>
>2 human tribes
>/edh/ said it would be spirits and avatars

wew thanks for keeping expectations in check in wizards :^)
>>
>>54451631

I'd be pretty okay with this. Honestly, the idea is pretty cool. Wizards or esper clerics would be sick too, though.

I'm glad it's not something like soldier or human though. At least, I hope it's not Human.
>>
>>54451631
>>54454455
Hard to imagine rouges with no fairies
>>
>>54449051
All lands can be special, full art or not. Doesn't matter one bit, and I'm glad that the variety is going to be more than just "Zendikar or Un-sets"
>>
File: 1498961338452.png (913KB, 492x669px) Image search: [Google]
1498961338452.png
913KB, 492x669px
>>54451109

>play online
>wonder why people are retarded faggots
>>
>>54454566
If they make it UB Rogues, it'll be fine to just play Faerie Rogues in.

As it stands though, Rogues are spread though the colors as:
W - 7
U - 92
B - 88
R - 53
G - 19
So Grixis Rogues could even be arguable.
>>
File: LinSivvi_DefiantHero.jpg (26KB, 350x279px) Image search: [Google]
LinSivvi_DefiantHero.jpg
26KB, 350x279px
>>54451631
I know they're probably gone for good, but I'd love more Rebels and Mercenaries. I want more Lin Sivvi love, or a mercenary commander parallel to match her.
>>
anyone speculated cultists for the last art and there's a demon tribe?
>>
>>54455190
Last one is UR Artificer legendary who actually has synergy with artifacts

Pooinlooadesh had one fucking job, just one fucking UR artifact commander and they blew it
>>
What are the most mindlessly powerful EDH decks? I'm tired of my friends telling me to build stronger decks.

I'm talking tried and true, answers for everything, two card combos galore decks.
>>
File: wormfang manta.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
wormfang manta.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
tfw my obscure pet tribe didn't get a deck
>>
>>54454566
>>54454767

I just imagine it as "small evasive dude and stealing shit" tribal. Which sounds pretty fun. I already have a pretty terrible U/B small evasive guy tribal.
>>
>>54455453
Is it fish or nightmare?

Horse got a card recently. Maybe fish will be important in Ixalan.
>>
>>54455190
people have speculated that, sure, but I see very little to substantiate it. The other 3 arts feature exclusively the tribes the decks are based on. If they had a tribal demon deck why wouldn't they put a demon on the art?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 500x224px
>>54455540
Maybe its eldrazi tribal and the big reveal isnt till release
>>
>>54455453
Nightmare cards were sooo cool
>>
>>54455540
Perhaps they're going away from "all demons are horned abominations" thing,.
>>
What is the most "fun" deck you can build, assuming you have all the reanimator staples?

I'm playing magic with my brother tomorrow and I really want to tune one of my decks with victimize, animate dead, dread return, bathor, sepulchral primordial ect, but I know it'll turn my mono black deck into combo tutor bullshit without some guidance. I'm interested in something dimir, but I currently run Ghave, Feldon, Uril and Drana.
>>
>>54455582
maybe for the 5th deck with no art provided, but I see no reason that they would make promotional artwork that didn't accurately represent the deck. If they want a secret then just show nothing at all
>>54455599
So demon tribal that isn't based on the concept of demons established throughout the entire history of MTG. Sounds real fun...
>>
>>54455673
Meren

Free recurring spore frogs for fogs every turn, catapillars for artifact destruction every turn, fleshbags and shriekmaws for untargeted sacrifice etc etc

Dont forget the double sac effects like gravepact and dictate of erebos
>>
So Commander Zone uploaded a pic of their next podcast video which had the new commander products in the background, someone noticed and immediately deleted the pic, but naturally people were hasty.

If you zoom in you can see the 5C box for Ur-Dragon, there's a 3 color which appears to be RW or BRW and someone said the art looks like the Vampire deck

Finally theres there Arabho deck but also some Blue, Black Red deck which people are assuming is the last tribe...
If its Grixis...then its not clerics but Wizards.

https://imgur.com/aVBDAME
>>
>>54455769
actually the grixis box looks more esper with blue white and black so it might actually be esper clerics with wizards
>>
>>54455701
>maybe for the 5th deck with no art provided,
Only 4 decks this year because reasons.
>>
>>54455749
I do have a lord of extinction hanging out. How do I keep it from becoming generic meren goodstuff? Maybe Jarad would be a better option.
>>
>>54455961
lord of extinction isnt legendary
>>
>>54455961
Varolz infect, dump giant turds in the graveyard and kill him by turn 4 :^)
>>
>>54455769
I really hope the Vampire deck is Mardu
>>
>>54455453
I feel you man, nightmare horrors were the shit. I gotta slot in more nightmares in general, Mesmeric Fiend and Faceless Butcher were some of my favorites. I had Hypnox in a Rakdos deck too but I disassembled that so I ain't super sure where to place that big lad.
>>
So after tribes, what do you think we will get for C18?
all 5 colors?
planeswalkers again?
>>
>>54456181
a round of multi color Commandwalkers wouldn't hurt
>>
>>54456212
Aren't they apparently going to make Planeswalkers "Legendary" starting with Ixalan? Maybe that's so that all Planeswalkers are potential Commanders by default.
>>
>>54456041
As in its a half decent golgari card I'd like to incorporate.

>>54456102
Yes, because I couldn't just combo off with Ghave or smack him down with Uril.
>>
>>54456311
In b4 boros nahiri and eldrazi titans price spike
>>
>>54456357
At least we'd finally have a Boros commander that isn't HURR ATTACK HURR
>>
>>54456311
Planeswalkers won't be commanders. They aren't creatures and you can already only have one of each name. If they all became commanders, you'd have every planeswalker immediately double in price, doubling season would be $200 or banned, and it would be mandatory to print some sort of hate to defend against tezzert, the various bullshit jaces, or kiora and her krakens.
>>
>>54456443
When has "it's a bad idea" ever stopped WotC before?
>>
>>54456443

Over all I'm not a fan of the idea, but Venser would be an interesting commander to build around imo.
>>
>>54456311
so they would ban JTMS immediately unless its not retroactive
>>
File: images(2).jpg (20KB, 476x640px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
20KB, 476x640px
>>54456311
Vraska-doubling season-proliferating- assasin token-golgari goodstuff, my anus is ready
>>
>>54455415
Maelstrom Wanderer, Kikki-Jikki, and Pester Mite. Then 97 lands. If they don't have a counterspell or Instant Boardwipe up when Wanderer goes off, you win.
>>
>>54457438
>do nothing for 8 turns before getting counterspelled: the deck
>>
>>54451544
Nothing from the mail, but I did order a Cavern of Souls before the C17 hype train kicks into gear.

I also impulse bought a Hour of Devastation bundle and pulled a foil Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh, so I can't really complain.
>>
>>54457695
nice.
>that tfw when felt lucky and got a cavern from a mm17 pack
>>
>>54457438
You can also safely include Etherium-Horn Sorcerer.
>>
File: magus.png (140KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
magus.png
140KB, 223x311px
So is there a reason Magus of the wheel is like 10-20$ bucks now? I just picked one up for 3$ randomly on tcgplayer today.
>>
>>54453245
Tis the curse of discord faggotry my friend.
>>
File: 23462.png (227KB, 381x282px) Image search: [Google]
23462.png
227KB, 381x282px
Is it worth having both Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots in a non-voltron commander? I feel I could use that space for another card.
>>
For anyone who plays/played Yugioh, is there a commander who's deck has a similar feel to a Gladiator Beast deck?
>>
>>54457825
because mtg is about profit and making money, not having fun
>>
>>54458012
depends on the commander.
i run swiffoot boots in most of my voltron and slower decks,
I run greaves if the commander needs protection at all costs
>>
>>54458025
how do gladiator beasts play like?
>>
>>54455453
It isn't fair.
>>
>>54458025
nothing that really swaps creatures from deck to field, but brago bounces a lot and you can stack some fat ETB triggers like glads used to do
>>
>>54458012
I think that swiftfoots are way worse and unnecessary anyway
>>
>>54447430
>playgroup holds grudges based on things from games prior, things that happened earlier in the week/day, etc.

I don't go that far but everyone in my group knows I aggro. The first person to do anything to me will die even if it means I lose to. Creates a lot of politicking as I start building up. Its fun.
>>
>>54458159
Hey if somebody doesn't start swinging no one will right?
>>
>>54458012
Swift if you want to do stuff with your commander and greaves if you want your commander to sit there for its effect
>>
>>54458142
What if there was someone like this?

>Megacock, Beast-Speaker
>2BRG
>Legendary Creature - Ogre Shaman
>When Megacock, Beast Speaker enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library until you reveal a creature card. Put that creature onto the battlefield tapped and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
>BRG, Sacrifice a creature:Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to the sacrificed creature's mana cost, then put it onto the battlefield tapped.
>3/5
>>
>>54458233
Its not even that I will start swinging. I may just sit back and whittle them down and generally be a jackass. One guy wiped out all my mana rocks which left me with three lands so I just sat back and generally harassed him. Another guy got his combo going and he counter spelled it. I countered his counterspell and he just looked at me like I was an idiot. "Why would you do that? He will win!" I just smiled and flatly told him "Shouldn't of touched my board then."
>>
>>54458279
Megacock, eldrazi titans and 95 lands
Wew lad
>>
>>54458282
>Making the game go longer because you cant win instead of starting a new game
>complains about grudges
Boi
>>
File: 1462747772183.gif (182KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
1462747772183.gif
182KB, 226x224px
>>54458145
>>54458272
>>54458074
Thanks!
>>
>>54458374
Dont forget about whispersilk cloak if you absolutely need commander damage to get through shroud+unblockable
>>
Just built my first commander deck, what sleeves do people reccommend using? Its a janky fungus tribal/ +1 counter deck with Ghave as the commander
>>
>>54458580
Ultra pro neon green
>>
File: RAKDOS.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
RAKDOS.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54446479
>can you aggro at your table?

My commander is Rakdos, lord of shit's getting out of hand. My best option is almost always aggro.
>>
File: What If.jpg (36KB, 486x485px) Image search: [Google]
What If.jpg
36KB, 486x485px
>>
>>54458580
https://www.amazon.com/Legion-Mushroom-Matching-Sleeves-Pokemon/dp/B01MDMGZJ7
>>
>>54458580
Dragon Shield Mattes are pretty nice. Come in packs of 100 and are pretty tough. Kinda basic looking, but who gives a shit.
>>
File: evil-eye-of-urborg-cropped.jpg (119KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
evil-eye-of-urborg-cropped.jpg
119KB, 464x664px
Obscure creature types you wish had more support.
>>
>>54458774
Riggers
>>
>>54458774
Lammasu
>>
>>54458025
Jalira, Master Polymorphist. Yisan for the Tutor Toolbox.
>>
>want to buy new shit on MKM for current builds/preparing for C17
>remember that you sold few things on friends behalf
>it's still in the wallet
>he wants it to stay in case he'd be buying stuff too
>MKM did some retarded change that will use up wallet first instead of asking for salsa
>>
File: 1497276951598.png (228KB, 349x315px) Image search: [Google]
1497276951598.png
228KB, 349x315px
>>54458839
>Only one Rigger in existence
>Interacts with other riggers.
>Interacts with a type of artifact that doesn't exist.
M A R O
>>
File: moriok-rigger-cropped.jpg (157KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
moriok-rigger-cropped.jpg
157KB, 464x664px
>>54458949
If you check Oracle Moriok Rigger was updated to be a rigger. And there are ways to make tokens of a chosen creature type...

Still a shit strategy, but there ARE interactions.
>>
File: niggerrapist.jpg (18KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
niggerrapist.jpg
18KB, 512x288px
>>54458949
>Yfw there was an entire block based around curry dwarves who fucked about with artifacts
>yfw vehicles were not rigs
>yfw they were artificers not riggers
>yfw they were UG artificers
Fuck.....
>>
>>54456330
Lord of extinction is auto include in jarad, though killing the whole table for 4+3+5 mana does feel a bit underwhelming when i do it. Jarad is fun tho
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jaradmazirek-casual-commander/
>>
File: 1479695660614.png (2MB, 1209x1828px) Image search: [Google]
1479695660614.png
2MB, 1209x1828px
>>54459031
How did WoTC seriously go through two artifact based sets (Scars and Kaladesh) and not make at least a few token riggers?

Their Goblin Rigger card is a trash rare. And its not JUST a trash rare, its a slap in the face if you bought a pack and pulled a card that literally has no support. It even says so on the errata that the card is fucking meaningless.

Though it was fun to see investors get hosed buying up copies of Steamflogger Boss before Kaladesh launched.
>>
>>54459100
What errata?
>>
>>54456443
>mfw they print a colorless doubling season that only works with walkers
>>
File: rulings.jpg (116KB, 730x711px) Image search: [Google]
rulings.jpg
116KB, 730x711px
>>54459607
>>
>>54459735
That's not an errata, that's just a ruling
>>
>>54459805
Ok. It even says so in the 'rulings' section that the card is fucking meaningless. And no it doesn't literally say that.

But the fact that they have the say in the 'rulings' section that one of the keywords is meaningless and that there are no contraptions is irritating.
>>
>>54459827
Well, we can only wish that WOTC will print something relevant one day. It's not that likely, but possible
>>
>>54458580
Dragon shield matte or the old kmc sleeves
t. Mtg pro
>>
>>54459930
>tfw new KMC Hypermatte sleeves aren't even smooth on the backs
What were they thinking?
>>
>>54459942
I have no idea. My LGS still has a lot of the old ones though, bought 20 packs of sleeves today
>>
>>54459984
I bought a pack of the new ones recently because I didn't know of the change. Holy fuck they are not good.
>>
>>54458580
I only buy Dragon Shield because they come in packs of 100 (and a few bonus) and I put every deck I build in different sleeves. The mattes I own sometimes catch each other at their corners when shuffling, but other than that they're great.
>>
>>54450839
>How the hell did wizard manage to fuck up so badly?
Wizards have managed to package cards from future expansions in current ones for years now. It's almost as if it's an intentional marketing stunt.
>>
>>54459942
It's sad, kmc were my go-to sleeves. Guess dragon shields will do from now. I also tried ultra-pro eclipse, they are nice but the front not being glossy makes them a bit meh.
>>
File: the-scarab-god.png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
the-scarab-god.png
130KB, 223x311px
Can anyone suggest some spicy cards to go in my The Scarab God deck? Or just general cards I am overlooking (that aren't crazy expensive).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-scarab-god-yo/
>>
>>54460435
I've been messing with my own version of the deck that's more combo focused, but cards I've found that over preformed: Nimble Obstuctionist, Strategic Planning, Puppeteer Clique, Havengul Lich, and Looter il-Kor
>>
>>54460435
Processor Eldrazi, bruh. Exile value creatures from your opponent's graveyards, put it back, repeat, shit is cash.
Also where the fuck is Training Grounds
>>
R8 my shitbrew, m80s. Specifically made to fuck around at a table where everyone else is packing precons and beast tribal and shit.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mighty-morphin-gwur-rangers/
>>
>>54460521
Training Grounds is nuts, but just a little out of my budget atm. All of the money cards on my list (Mikaeus, Cabal, etc.) are cards that I already own. I am definitely going to get it at some point, though!
>>
File: riku.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
riku.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Am I wrong or should I expect Riku to be dead more often than alive in a Riku deck? I mean he's a 5 mana creature that requires additional investment do stuff. I feels like I'd rather drop more ramp than try to make him stick

Should I just focus on my 99? Do big ramps into big spells and copy them with normal copy spells?
>>
>>54460806
You should cast him when you can immediately get value from him
>>
File: d08.jpg (20KB, 424x448px) Image search: [Google]
d08.jpg
20KB, 424x448px
>>54452450
>Being this autistic
>>
>>54452450
>when people buy good cards it just becomes an elaborate game of solitaire

What a weird way of spelling fun
>>
>>54458360
But what he said was actually making the game shorter. He stopped someone from having their combo interrupted.
>>
>>54446479
my play group usually only has 3 people in i including myself so aggro is easy to pull off
>>
>>54460435
If you haven't played a mill deck, don't be surprised if it underwhelms you. Mill is difficult to manage in any multiplayer format, especially EDH. That said, here are some suggestions that have not already been mentioned.

Consider more immediate and/or dedicated draw effects. Stuff like Harvester of Souls is great when it works, but if you're getting tons of cards from Harvester, are you not already ahead of your foes? Blue and black has access to competent and well-known card-draw like Brainstorm and Read the Bones. Here's some lesser-known draw spells that I'm never without in UB:
Ancient Excavation
Lim-Dul's Vault (If you're UB, you need to run this. It's cheap IRL too.)
Diabolic Visions
Necrologia

You have a ton of tokens, so make them take a toll:
Corrosive Mentor
Death Baron
Tidal Flats (Complements Death Baron and playgroups who like amassing armies. You can activate T.F.'s ability any number of times to drain your enemies' mana and doom their creatures.)
Tombstone Stairwell (A fun, if double-edged, way to get even MORE zombies.)

Eater of the Dead usually goes infinite with Phenax.

Duskmantle Guildmage goes infinite with Mindcrank.

Mystic Speculation is pals with Consuming Abberation.

Soft counters are unreliable without proper support; try these instead:
Memory Lapse (Mill doesn't care if a card goes to the top of its owner's library.)
Abjure (One-mana hard-counters can and will win games.)

Urborg is a wonderful combo piece. Some cards you might pair with it include:
Bubbling Muck (Careful, this affects everyone's swamps.)
Filth
Mana Web
Kormus Bell + an entwined Wail of the Nim (Surprise mass land destruction! Remember, regenerate is a replacement effect which reads “The next time this creature would be destroyed this turn, it isn't. Instead tap it, remove all damage from it, and remove it from combat.”)

Finally, here are two miscellaneous zombies:
Grave Defiler
Lich Lord of Unx
>>
File: 1500496510555.jpg (1MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
1500496510555.jpg
1MB, 2736x3648px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lilianas-plans-within-plans/

Is this any fun to play? I'm planning on playing with my two mates. New to MTG.
>>
So who is the first target tonight?
>>
>>54458580
dragon shields are basically the best sleeve on the mark right now. personally i prefer the matte version but its up to you
>>
File: 1479281495531.png (351KB, 352x478px) Image search: [Google]
1479281495531.png
351KB, 352x478px
>>54461959
>New to MTG

First off don't drop $200 on a deck you're not sure you will like to play (unless you have most of those cards already since 1/5th of that deck is from Amonkhet).

Second, pick up one of the precon commander decks (AKA most of Commander 2015, and some of Commander 2013 and 2016) that you can still find online for under $40 that you like the sound of and start from there. If your friends have been playing for much longer than you have they'll have plenty of budget rares/janky commons and uncommons lying around they probably won't mind giving you so you can beef up your deck.

Kalemne is big fat giants/angels aggro, Mizzix is spellslinger, Daxos is Enchantments matter with a bit of lifegain here and there, Ezuri is Blue/Green weenies, Marath is Fatty creatures and some enchantments, Derevi is flickering shit, Gay Greeks is politically focused, Saskia is pure aggro strats, and Yidris if your LGS still has him in stock is anything you want to build him as
>>
>>54461959
i agree with this guy >>54462441 though if i were you i would for for the 2015 precons because they are so linar (though quite good still) and tend to get boring. I personally recommend the mind seize commander deck, its really fun and gives you a lot of good cards/commanders. you can sell the true name nemesis (legacy staple) out of the deck for half of what the sealed precon costs and bring the total price of the deck below 30 bucks. other than that if you can find it still the yidris precon is super fun
>>
File: 1500496025415.jpg (62KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500496025415.jpg
62KB, 600x800px
>>54462441
>>54462483
Avoid the 2015 Commanders? Gotcha. I'm looking for a Dick Enchantress or something that looks dope.
>>
>>54462441
Daxos player here. Don't pick daxos. Too complicated to build effectively.
>>
>>54462556
the c15 decks are not bad or anything but i find them very boring and linar. if you like doing the same thing every time or just like the decks then by all means go for it
>>
>>54462556

Actually, for a new player , i think the dual color ones(2015) are the best.

The manabase is cheap to improve and you have the freedom to use more jank and tech choices in the colors.

With 3 or 4 colors, upgrading the manabase becomes a chore,and the options are too much. It's kind of overwhelming.
>>
>>54462556
https://youtu.be/owQtmwiwLpQ
>>
>>54462578
i disagree, 2 color mana bases can be done pretty easily with pain/shock lands for relatively cheap
>>
>>54462578
>>54462606
3 color i mean, holy shit i cant type for fuck today
>>
File: 1489032199620.png (1MB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1489032199620.png
1MB, 750x1046px
>>54462556
They're perfectly fine, the one I didn't mention (Meren) from 2015 is one of the most popular commanders in general (But also like $60-$70)

Ezuri can do a lot of fun stuff with +1/+1 counters. The other commanders in Mizzix's deck are a bit more fun to play than just going Storm each game. Daxos has two pretty good Orzhov commanders (Teysa and Karlov) that have their own strategies (Teysa is building up a pillowfort, Karlov is lifegain triggers on all you dudes). Kalemne is pretty boring actually since it's mostly Giant tribal with some angels and a few dragons.

And like >>54462578 said 2-color manabases are cheaper to work with than 3-color
>>
>>54462556
>Magic the Gathering - Commander 2013 - Mind Seize Deck
NICE. FOUND ONE.
>>
>>54462620
can buy it right now on ebay for like 35 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-The-Gathering-Commander-Mind-Seize-Sealed-Deck-/253058293588?hash=item3aeb731f54:g:2pgAAOSwKTBZcVpv
>>
>>54462640
Buy it ASAP, man. Nemesis alone is worth almost that much.
>>
File: 1500496083503.jpg (111KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500496083503.jpg
111KB, 726x1024px
>>54462640
>>54462651
From the UK or I would!
>>
>That guy who constantly bitches about never winning, but refuses to build anything but bulk rare jank
>>
>>54462640
Not anymore, I just picked it up. At $35 that deck is practically free once you sell true name.
>>
>play strong commander with janky options
>get hated off the board immediately all the time despite them knowing that almost every single card in the deck is inefficient and most for stupid interactions instead of outright winning
Playing Atraxa is suffering.
>>
>>54462651
>>54462640
Is True Nemesis any good? I can get the entire deck for £40, or like all of it without it for £20.
>>
>>54462879
It's alright in multiplayer Commander, I think banned in 1v1 and is heavily used in Vintage, hence the price.
>>
>>54462879
It's great in any 1v1 format, but almost useless in multiplayer. Skip it.
>>
>>54462905
Ah neat. I'll be playing multiplayer with my friends, so I think I'll pick it up. Any other must have cards for that commander? Thanks!

>>54462916
Oop or not. Any other decent replacements?
>>
>>54462879
dont put it in commander, its only expensive cause its a vintage/legacy staple
>>
>>54462957
Not sure about must haves, but the BFZ Eldrazi work wonders with her, making her an excellent tribal option for those if you ever feel like playing that. A few of them are also genuinely decent cards if you can guarantee that there'll be exiled cards.

For a quick overview of staples, edhrec.com always helps.
>>
>>54462957
>OoP

Considering it's only been printed in Copmmander 2013, it's been out of print for a while.

As for Jeleva you want to be milling everyone and playing their graveyard. Eldrazi titans as mentioned are good, but if you want a general idea of what cads to pick up take a look here

https://edhrec.com/commanders/jeleva-nephalias-scourge
>>
>>54458925
You can add money to the wallet, you need to use your bank account tho.

The one thing that really bugs me about mkm is the shipping cost.
>>
File: 1497469133181.jpg (173KB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497469133181.jpg
173KB, 1436x1080px
>>54463055
Is a mill deck okay for someone new to MtG?
>>
>>54463079
Sure. Most EDH Mill decks tend to play like a regular control deck with randomly timed explosive mass-millings to take away resources before they even get them.

Just beware of the old Eldrazi titans. Those single-handedly kill the mill. Though Jevala won't care too much about those, I suppose.
>>
>>54463079
Milling is usually hard to do in Commander since you've got 100 cards to work with compared to the usual 60. The thing is Jeleva though is you want to use yourr foe's spells, so exiling stuff is good. Graveyard recursion is common in Commander, so Exiling is usually better.

I don't know why they're not on EDHRec for her, but Planer Void/Leyline of the Void/Relic of Progenitus is the kind of stuff you want.
>>
>>54462957
What I meant was, skip the True-Name Nemesis. The Mind Seize deck itself is fine, I started out with it too. Just put any other card you like into it for the Nemesis.
>>
>>54463167
if you want to play your opponents stuff sen triplets are my personal fav or memenarch
>>
http://www.mtgvault.com/tristansimpson/decks/jeleva-ns-commander/

>>54463167
This look any good? I'd just replace some of the expensive cards with some budget replacements.
>>
File: juice.jpg (31KB, 598x597px) Image search: [Google]
juice.jpg
31KB, 598x597px
>>54462722
All of my friends. Whats worse is that they just get mad at me for not doing that
>>
>>54463167
You can only play spells exiled BY Jeleva from exile anon.
>>
>>54462722

>Never win because new player with no good cards and terrible game sense
>Fuck it
>Build bulk rare fatties with Maelstrom Wanderer at the top
>Start winning

I swear all you need is ramp and big stuff to make Wanderer work. Even if the cards are bad or not worth it for the cost, when they're free they become good
>>
>>54463273
Oh, disregard what I said then. Run effects that shuffle you opponent's graveyards into their libraries, then some way to keep saccing Jeleva so her X cost goes up and you can exile more stuff
>>
File: flash.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
What are some good ways of dealing with lots of tiny threats in UG colors? I'm building a goofy Rashmi instant-speed tribal deck and I've noticed I tend to get mobbed by lots of tiny threats that don't warrant spot removal. Bouncing only gets rid of them for like a turn too.

This is the first time I'm building UG so I'm a retard about it
>>
>>54463344
Arachnogenesis is fun
>>
>>54457825
They had to give Wade Into Battle SOME good cards
>>
fuck brago players holy shit
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kawaii-vampire/

What cards should I add in from my Maybeboard?
Also is my main list looking okay?
>>
File: Image-160.png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-160.png
111KB, 223x311px
>>54463829
>kawaii vampires
>not running pic related
Full Pleb
>>
>>54463860
I am very pleb. Thank you for drawing this extra kawaii vampire. I will add it in now.
>>
File: 1475937612990.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1475937612990.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
I know that it wasn't likely and they already have enough support, but I wish Zombies were getting a precon so I don't have to pay rape prices for the older lords and Mikaeus.
>>
>>54463778
Did you just have a game against one?
What happened, anon?
>>
File: [flickers].jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
[flickers].jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>54463778
You seem upset.
>>
New Thread, I know this one's not quite at bump limit, Migrate when you feel like it

>>54463903
>>54463903
>>54463903
>>54463903
>>
>>54463940
>no edition
Come on sport, this is clown shoes. If you're going to pre-emptively make a thread, you make it perfect and leave it alone.
>>
>>54463884
If the last one is UB Rogue Clerics with their human members not focused on staying on board, there still is a chance for Mikky.
>>
>>54463952
Editions are a bit of a mixed bag, honestly I'd seen people screeching about them (that they shouldn't exist) but a thread or two ago.

Fuck I just didn't want us to be stuck with two /edhg/s again.
>>
>>54463884
The lords are usually the weakest bits of the deck. A steady steam of tokens is more important than the +2 or +3 that you'll likely get from thwir anthems. The unique abilities that some lords give can be mimicked by including other cards like archtype of finality, filth + urborg tomb of yawgamoth/zombie trailblazer. Eldrazi/Akroma's Monument are most likely going to be your haymakers anyways.
>>
>>54463907
i spent the whole game gearing up to cast eternal dominion 5 times, and he counterspelled 4 of them, one with mana drain

serves me right for playing on xmage i guess
>>
>>54463984
Hey, I appreciate that. As long as you keep trying, eventually you'll succeed. You have the heart of a champion, I just know it.
>>
>>54464004
Those seems issues unrelated to Brago, and more of a generic U/x deck problem
>>
>>54464037
it's pretty typical for brago players to go full retard with the blue goodstuff though. it's rare for someone playing ephara or daxos to drop a mana drain and be like "what? it's just a counterspell :^)"

brago players aren't having fun unless they're locking the board against 3 casual decks
>>
>>54464004
>eternal dominion
I wouldn't let you cast that either if Im playing W/U goodstuff.
>>
>>54464093
If I'm playing on Xmage against randos you fucking bet I'm playing Mana Drain. There's no social contract like you'd have with your friends. They're going to bring their most broken and I'll bring mine.
>>
>>54464093
I'm actually currently trying to build a Brago deck and all I want to do with it is having my cards blink every turn as much as possible but I'm a bit stuck because I can't really find good ETB creatures that cost little mana,
most of them are 4-5 or more
>>
>>54460806

You should expect good players to want to remove him, but any time you can untap with him you should generate some incredible value. With the right hand set up I only need about 2-3 turns with spell slinger riku out to flat out win the game. Usually my win con is to play a big epic expriment that gets copied once or twice into extra turn cards and spell retrieval so I can fling enough big burn spells at the table to take them all to 0.
>>
>>54451544
>>54451617
i love mps lands
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.