[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone play? Also /swg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

>>
>>54432781
see
>>54346935

Not that hard anon.
>>
>>54433117
kys
>>
Armada is typical half-written FFG nonsense. X-Wing works because they were writing the third or fourth version of those rules (Wings of War, etc), but Armada was from scratch, and it shows.
>>
>>54432781
I have a few hundred dollars of Armada models. But no one to play with.
>>54435094
Most of the rules are fine if you're not a retard.
But the standard 3x6 game mat is way too small for the size of the models
And the points distribution needs work, especially in regards to fighters. Lists either have lots of fighters or no fighters.
>>
Capital ship duels are great. Shield arcs are fun. The issue is that the game is designed to be a little too board-gamey and the 6 turn limit stops all but confrontational tactics from mattering.

Fighters are the worst part of the game.
Ramming is the 2nd worst part of the game.
>>
>>54438498
>Fighters are the worst part of the game.
I was talking with someone and he suggested that the game should have a certain number of points that MUST go to fighters. So 400 points for you capital ships and upgrades and then 100 or so for fighters. You can go over that and tap into your primary points pool, but this insures that you actually do dedicate some part of their list to fighters.
>Ramming is the 2nd worst part of the game.
Yeah, the damage needs to scale between vessel sizes. A large ISD should not take the same damage as a dinky little CR90.
Maybe add some rule that a little ship can crank their speed up and kamikaze, but that should kill the little one and do X number of dice damage to the big ship. X being the speed of the smaller vessel.
>>
File: 20170721_005129.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_005129.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>54432781
Currently painting my fighters. The one in the middle was a test to see how dark grey panels would look, I was going for a smoother transition between colors, but I think the black is better.
>>
In my mind, fighters should have been 3d tokens without health statuses. You have a save or need to roll X hits to remove them, so some are tougher.

When they get through, bombing should be powerful. Like they get to choose the shield facing they damage or something.

Possibly even make fighters a choice as an upgrade to carrier ships, or rebels can start with them deployed due to being hyperspace capable. But not TIEs, etc.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.