[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 59

File: twomonkeysfuckin.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
twomonkeysfuckin.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Two Monkeys Fuckin' Edition

Tell me about your bad beets /tg/

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/
>>
What, no thread question?
>>
>BUG Sidisi Zombie/Dredge
>Marath Counters, Tokens, and Combo
>Trostani
>Hapatra
>Ravos/Tymna Token Aristocrats
>Locust God

Who else is addicted to going wide here? Shit, even my Breya has a Thopter token subtheme. Send help
>>
File: Shattergang.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Shattergang.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54420008
I want to run something... Dickish.

Shattergang Brothers running MLD, Dredge, Mana Rocks, Dredge, and Energy. Basically playing the "Rich Miser's Famine" style of game.

Would it work, or is it too inefficient?
>>
File: Image (1).png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
130KB, 223x311px
>>54420126
How do you feel about this card?
>>
>>54419512
>>54419562
>>54419463
Only issue besides the mad expensive and clunky shit this is, is the fact that it's a fucking triggered ability, yet it has the "activate this ability once per turn" clause, which is dumb in many ways, biggest of which being the fact that it's exclusive for activated abilities.
I think you could get by with cheaper ability cost, or just having a trigger for each spell cast and not having the upkeep cost.
>>
>>54420137
I have literally never had the card played against me in EDH. And when that was around in standard I was playing GW Megamorph which also went super wide but mostly played around that card.
>>
>>54420128
Yeah its called stax
>>
>>54420145
Especially when you consider the powerlevel of most EDH generals.
>>
>>54420145
I didn't quite know how to word it so that the creature would gain the activated ability. I think 1RW would ultimately be fine if the upkeep cost was dropped, considering how many big spells EDH players like to play. Reverberate-esque effects are usually priced at around 4 mana on other creatures, so I forced myself to push the cost up.
>>
>>54420183
How dickish can I make a Shattergang Stax? Seems good on the surface for alternative energy sources/manaless, and Jund seems to have all the right colors. This will be my second deck, apologies for noobishness.
>>
File: mm_wk12_292_heliod60.jpg (77KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
mm_wk12_292_heliod60.jpg
77KB, 620x400px
are there any other enchantments like Heliod or Mobilization where I can dump mana into them to make tokens the same turn it comes down?
>>
>>54420229
You can be a dick against one person once then the playgroup will target you from turn 1 every time you get shattergangbang brothers out again
>>
>>54420229
You're in good colors. Your main role players will be black and red, green will probably end up just keeping yourself ahead of all your stax effects rather than contributing to staxing your enemies.
Effectiveness depends on how much you're willing to spend. The big stax cards (Chains of Mephistopheles, the Abyss, etc.) are expensive AF. Even some of the more conservative options like Blood Moon might be out of your price range.
>>
>>54420229
When someone plays mld or stax at my lgs we just say ok good game then keep playing on without them
>>
>>54420242
Sacred Mesa comes to mind immediately.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+[:]+[create]+[token]&color=+@([W])&type=+[Enchantment]
>>
>>54420251
$15 a week, and that's all I've budgeted for entertainment and games purposes, though I do get a %10 discount from my FLGS. How am I looking?
>>
>>54420270
Dicksword is for gay firemen and pucatrade, get your jewish buttfuckery out of here
>>
File: 1397425384828.jpg (134KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1397425384828.jpg
134KB, 333x500px
>>54420276
>$15 a week
Oh boy. It'll take a WHILE for any kind of decent stax build on that small of a budget.
I say just get staples for the colors and build outward from there. Better to have a deck that you can play right now but isn't exactly your desired strategy, than waiting and saving for something later.
>>
>>54420276
18 weeks you can buy 1 abyss and 25 weeks you can buy 1 chains I hope you have the landbase already
>>
>>54420229
Use LOTS of mana rocks. They let you play without lands and feed shatter gang when you no longer need them. Also shatergang is SUPER mana hungery. So run pleanty of ramp.

>>54420243
>>54420265
Dont listen to these booty blasted peasants. They just want to jerk off all their lands onto the table and high five eachother.
>>
>>54420276
Since you dont have a big budget focus on getting a hold of spells and permanents thet make or leave behind other permanents. Your commander can do the rest with his ability and you can win the (very) long game
>>
>>54420229
https://edhrec.com/commanders/shattergang-brothers

Staples for the commander/colors. Got some good budget options.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-10-16-super-smash-bros/
It's not really close to what you're going for but that's my Shattergang list. Less stax, more creature value, but might be helpful.
>>
>>54420280
Wait, pucatrade still fucking exists?
>>
>>54420223
It still makes the card unplayable garbage.
>>
>>54420300
Oh, I've got a fully functional, and quite "brutal but fun to play against" Ghave deck, that I'd personally be happy with, I just have this guy who runs a ridiculous mono-green Ramp/Infinite Fuck You I'm FAST-HUGE game that's beyond what everyone else is able to handle... and that's his WEAKEST deck... I figured it's time I start an arms race with him... he makes some ridiculous trades because he wants to boost everyone's deck so he actually has a challenge.

Also everyone at the table has a "mean" deck. I figure it's time to create mine.

>>54420340
>>54420337
Thanks, will do.
>>
File: 251.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
251.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>54420242
>>
>>54420280
you really need to read the link anon
>>
>>54420145
>>54420223
Why is this RW to begin with?
>>
>>54420242
Man, he's holding that spear really weird. He looks like he's getting in a position to throw it, but he's also holding it against his back.
>>
why is crested sunmare taking off?
>>
>>54420468
People always complain that boros only has "turn right" commanders, and I was trying to figure out another venue you could take the colors. The only thing boros does well other then aggro is removal, and as reverberate and the like is common and popular, I figured it could work. Izzet is probably better suited for that ability but fuck the police.
>>
How much point removal is too much? I run 6 point removals and 5 mass removal cards in my Obzedat and wonder if maybe this is an overkill
>>
>>54420964
Do you run Blood Artist, Falkenrath Noble and Zulaport Cutthroat? You should be. Orzhov works best when you run a lot of Board Wipe, and make Board Wipe a threat.
>>
>>54420593
Horse tribal
>>
>>54421009
I run Blood artist and Athreos(this is a different effect but still something I like having when I board wipe)

I was asking about point removal thou. Right now I run
1x Anguished Unmaking
1x Renounce the Guilds
1x Return to Dust
1x Unmake
1x Utter End
1x Council's Judgment

Should I drop any of this?
>>
File: Baral-Chief-of-Compliance.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Baral-Chief-of-Compliance.png
125KB, 223x311px
My weekends start Thursday so Wednesday night I get to drinking with mates and playing EDH. Good shit right.

Mates work at liquor joints meaning cheap piss and I end up downing a box of this stuff called,

Double Brown

Tastes just like how it sounds.
On waking I have a vague memories doing the age old act of, buying cards while wasted. "Well fuck lets go see what the fuck i bought".
Next to desk is a Baral chief of compliance and a note saying 'ASSEMBLE HIM'.
And upon looking at receipt seeing I had brought one of every counter spell available under $20.

So this is happening now. Is this a thing that actually works? It will have absolutely no win conditions if i put in every counter spell I got.
>>
what's some spicy tech for neheb besides agravated assault. I might go colorless/eldrazi bombs.
>>
>>54420137
Raging boner, if anyone plays tokens I'm pulling this. Fuck that gay shit.
>>
>>54421159
Hmm... Drunk You should've chosen an Izzet for this, but... yeah, maybe. Probably shore up your Offenses with... Mono-blue Wizard Tribal probably, but my gut says try to make Mono-blue Artifact work. Also, since you're exchanging cards instead of getting them, probably do some fun stuff with the new HOU/Amonkhet creatures with Embalm, Eternalize, Cycling, etc... make that discard effect work for you.
>>
>start planning bug sidisi
>end up going like 50 cards over
I just wanna take advantage of milling myself. Also I feel like doomsday would be fun with her
>>
File: Wallpaper_JOU_05_Barger_1280x960.jpg (639KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_JOU_05_Barger_1280x960.jpg
639KB, 1280x960px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/athreos-god-of-pissing-my-play-group-off-1/

Should I run more or less apostles? Most standard builds I see use ~30, can I get by with 24?
>>
>>54421861
you can but you shouldn't
>>
>>54421900
Alright thanks. What would you recommend?
>>
>>54420626
Okay, let me rephrase that.
How is that RW? Nothing about the card is White.
>>
>>54420626
Anon, Captain of Boros
2RW
Doublestrike, Vigilance
Whenever a source you control deals damage to an opponent or whenever you gain life create a 1/1 red and white Boros Soldier token with Haste and Vigilance.
RR: Anon, Captain of Boros deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
WW: You gain 1 life.
"I'll never turn."
-Anon, Captain of Boros
2/5
>>
>>54420626
Anon, Boris Archmage
RW
Flying
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may pay RR, if you do, copy that spell, you may select new targets for the copy.
Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay 1WW, if you do, exile target permanent until Anon, Boros Archmage leaves the Battlefield.
2/2
>>
>>54422207
>Anon, Boris Archmage
Glorious slav
>>
File: b39441.jpg (53KB, 301x476px) Image search: [Google]
b39441.jpg
53KB, 301x476px
>>54422207
>Boris Archmage
>>
>>54422102
>>54422207
I'd tell you to go to the custom card thread, but I doubt they want you.
>>
>>54422270
A i loved reading Yuri Piotr as a kid
>>
>>54422207
>Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may pay RR, if you do, copy that spell, you may select new targets for the copy.
Broken. Change spell to sorcery or instant.
>>
>>54422270
Holy kek that picture
>>
>>54422207
Boris Archmage sounds like a card from Legends.
>>
>>54420008
>no thread question

Can you just stop making threads? You fuck up every time.
>>
>>54422454
You mean Boris Devilboon?
>>
Rate them.
>>54422471
>>54422583
>>
>>54422662
i like it, would probably make her a 3/3 though
>>
>>54422662
just noticed the second one, too powerful for a 2 drop
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>54420008
>>
>>54422742
Which would be more appropriate instead, in your opinion:
>~ deals 1 damage to target creature (or player?) and you gain 1 life.
>~ deals 2 damage to target creature (or player?).
>>
>>54422782
honestly just changing it to 1 damage to each creature or player would probably be alright. though id probably change it to 3 or 4 mana and keep it the same
>>
I'm looking to build a sunforger deck. The problem is I see value in each other color I can splash - blue for draw, more artifact tutors and a few UW counters, green for big mana and a whole slew of WG removal, and black for just raw tutoring.

My question is, what's the best colors to splash for the forger, what's a good commander to use it, and should I just shoot for 5 color?
>>
>>54422846
blue with shu yun, alternatively ruhan
>>
>>54422846
Blue for counter and draw.
>>
>>54422846
>Mardu
Anguished Unmaking
Cauldron Haze
Hide/Seek
Kolaghan's Command
Mortify
Rakdos Charm
Terminate
Unmake
Utter End
Wrecking Ball
Zealous Persecution

>Jeskai
Absorb
Brutal Expulsion
Cerebral Vortex
Counterflux
Double Negative
Mirrorweave
Ojutai's Command
Render Silent
Steam Augury
Suffocating Blast
Swerve

>Naya
Advent of the Wurm
Artifact Mutation
Atarka's Command
Aura Mutation
Destructive Revelry
Eladamri's Call
Guttural Response
Manamorphose
Reknit
Rith's Charm
Sundering Growth
>>
Is gA around? I have a judge question and don't see a thread up.

Basically, I want to confidently be able to say what happens in different circumstances when an opponent dies or scoops when it comes to cards and permanents you own. When do they get exiled instead of just changing control back?

Mind Control, Blatant Thievery, Reanimate, etc. Also, in the case of O-Ring vs. Banishing Light owned by leaving player.

I'd think an O-Ring's second triggered ability won't resolve when the opponent leaves, leaving shit in exile.

I "kind of" know the rules, but not well enough that I ever want to contest anyone and people here just put shit in exile.
>>
File: 1459342355905.jpg (769KB, 2444x1631px) Image search: [Google]
1459342355905.jpg
769KB, 2444x1631px
Where's your allegiance, /tg/?
>>
>>54423046
Orzhov but I want to fug Boros, Selesnya, or Simic
>>
>>54423046
I like Rakdos and Orzhov the most when it comes to the two colors together.

Which is funny since black is my second least favorite color and white is my least favorite color. But they work well in combination.

Gruul and Izzet are fine, but seem to function not particularly different than each color on its own.
>>
>>54423046
Black is mai waifu.
But if i had to choose a guild, it would Jewzhov
>>
>>54420276
>>54420300
>>54420304
consider buying chinaman in anticipation for the abyss reprint at rare rarity in standard
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Guess the deck, its janky and stupid, but i love it.
>>
>>54423046
this image is so cringy, why the fuck is gruul some fucking dumb looking furry instead of a raging beast? why is simic not covered in scales? why is izzet not on fire or shooting lightning?
>>
>>54423115
Reki, History of Kamigawa. Cantrips and is repeatable creature kill in Monogreen. That's what I run it in at least.

But based on your post, I'm guessing Tibor and Lumia.
>>
>>54423115
Tibor&Lumia
>>
>>54423039
>800.4a When a player leaves the game, all objects (see rule 109) owned by that player leave the game and any effects which give that player control of any objects or players end. Then, if that player controlled any objects on the stack not represented by cards, those objects cease to exist. Then, if there are any objects still controlled by that player, those objects are exiled. This is not a state-based action. It happens as soon as the player leaves the game. If the player who left the game had priority at the time he or she left, priority passes to the next player in turn order who’s still in the game.

>800.4c If an effect that gives a player still in the game control of an object ends, there is no other effect giving control of that object to another player in the game, and the object entered the battlefield under the control of a player who has left the game, the object is exiled. This is not a state-based action. It happens as soon as the control-changing effect ends.

>800.4d If an object that would be owned by a player who has left the game would be created in any zone, it isn’t created. If a triggered ability that would be controlled by a player who has left the game would be put onto the stack, it isn’t put on the stack.

If someone dies and they had taken control of one of your creatures, it returns to you. When they leave, O-Ring's trigger will not be put on the stack. If they Reanimated one of your creatures, it will be exiled.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>54423134
>>54423142
Nope
Another one, if i post any of the creatures it would be too obvious.
>>
>>54423113
Just what variety of idiot are you?
>>
>>54423195
idk, the one that thinks that unique 300 dollar cards should either be reprinted or banned, because they might as well not exist in the context of 99,9% of playgroups
>>
>>54423172
So, anything that causes a card you own to enter the battlefield under an opponent's control is NOT an effect causing them to control it?

So, like Gather Specimens would work like Rise from the Grave, not like Blatant Thievery?

So, rule of thumb is exile shit they got out of other zones, take back shit they got from the battlefield?
>>
>>54423211
stfu and play a variant format if you want budget restrctions. The Abyss isn't even a particularly powerful or played card. It does not come close to needing a ban.
>>
>>54423191
I ran Bullwhip in Queen Marchesa. It got cut super fucking quickly.

I'm still thinking some flavor of green. Is it Ishkanah?
>>
>>54423120
>Anime, on my image board!?
>It's more likely than you think!
>>
>>54423226
no, but it is unique and can't really be replaced with a budget variant. i think a single card shouldn't cost 300 dollars, because that's a lot of money to bind to a piece of carboar that might get stolen by the LGS' resident sociopath autist

i will allow you to disagree with me but i will not change my opinion that they should do something about the archetype-defining 300 dollar cards
>>
>>54421159
Funnily enough, this is currently one of the strongest 1v1 commanders, it's at least dominating MTGO.
It's just counterspells and lab maniac.
>>
>>54423115
>>54423191
Horobi, Death's Wail
>>
>>54423191
Sydri or Horobi
>>
>>54423221
Correct. One of the examples given in the rules is:
>Alex casts Bribery, which reads, “Search target opponent’s library for a creature card and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Then that player shuffles his or her library,” targeting Bianca. Alex puts Serra Angel onto the battlefield from Bianca’s library. If Bianca leaves the game, Serra Angel also leaves the game. If, instead, Alex leaves the game, Serra Angel is exiled.

>So, rule of thumb is exile shit they got out of other zones, take back shit they got from the battlefield?

The exception being if another player is controlling something that entered the battlefield under the control of the player leaving the game. Say Player A Reanimated your creature and Player B cast Mind Control on it. As long as that creature is still affected by Mind Control, Player B gets to keep it. If it would return to Player A's control, it's exiled instead, but if it would die and be put in your graveyard, it is.
>>
>>54423260
A banlist should not function off of price alone, because it punishes players as prices spike. The current system, which bans cards that are both ubiquitous and expensive makes sense in theory, even if in practice it may fall apart. The Abyss is expensive but is not a barrier to entry in the format, since it does not provide a massive advantage to decks with it as opposed to decks without it.
>>
>>54423365
>A banlist should not function off of price alone, because it punishes players as prices spike.

elaborate
>>
>>54423242
it can be anime and accurate. just because its anime doesnt mean it has to be faggy as fuck
>>
File: awakening.jpg (29KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
awakening.jpg
29KB, 210x300px
>>54423231
Is right, theres some green, 50% of it actually, but its not Ishkanah
>>54423272
>>54423288
I like those commanders, but you need to think even more idiotic, 1 more hint.
>>
>>54423386
Lets say a banlist revolves around banning cards that cost over $50.

It is December 2015 and you run Ancestral Vision in a deck (cascade target or some kind of silly clock spinning combo). 6 Months later the card spikes due to the unbanning in Modern over $50 and your fringe playable card is now banned. Ancestral Vision is not a strong card in EDH but the banlist says you cannot play it because you bought it when it was $8.
>>
>>54423450
The difference here is $50 is still fairly reasonable. 100+, or even hundreds for one fucking card is not.
>>
>>54423450
why are you moving the goalposts, abyss is a 300 dollar card or something

and yes if a card goes up beyond a certain price point, then it's probably best to either reprint it or ban it, because at that point it's only meant for the fringe mega autists to buy (or own)
>>
>>54423407
Vhati? He'd have synergy with bullwhip.
>>
>>54423480
Part of the problem with that is that both the cutoff point and recorded price will be somewhat arbitrary.

Why $100 and not $50? Why not $200? If you can find a card for $95 on TCGPlayer, but SCG is pricing it at $105, do you ban it?
>>
>>54423543
Don't split hairs, certain cards are obscenely expensive and basically staples. These should be banned and most are.

To this end, please ban Gaea's Cradle. This shit has no business being legal.
>>
>>54423515
>why are you moving the goalposts

Goalposts? I had to think up an example and Ancestral Vision was the only card I could remember I owned that spiked at all.

>if a card goes up beyond a certain price point, then it's probably best to either reprint it or ban it

Wizards do not recognize the secondary market officially.

>fringe mega autists

So owning an Ancestral Vision December 2015 is that?
>>
File: Tribal.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Tribal.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54423524
This is my commander, she will be arriving here next week.
>>
>>54423515
>reprint
Not an option because it is on the reserve list. Get over it and run the Magus or some similar creature-killing enchantments.
>>
>>54423578
>obscenely expensive

Is there a objective definition to obscenely expensive?

If you are a bunch of players in a developing country then yes $300 for The Abyss is probably obscene, but a group of Software Developers in SF earning 300k+ probably can afford it.
>>
>>54423594
reprint it in a gold border then
>>
>>54423578
>The Abyss is basically a staple
You're ignorant. Give me a list of which other staples cost that much.

Gaea's Cradle is good but not banworthy. It is not as strong as Tolarian Academy, which is rightly banned. Play Strip Mine and have a way to answer creatures.
>>
>>54423578
Assuming you're >>54423211, why is it splitting hairs to examine the minutiae of a proposed sweeping ban but not when you're worrying about what 00.1% of playgroups are doing?
>>
>>54423603
Gold border not tournament legal and I think that also is prohibited by the Reserve List. Since Commander is an official format, if Wizards want to print cards for it they have to be Black or White bordered or Masterpiece series.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54423603
That is just as legal as a proxy so how about you proxy it instead? Or just run this guy that costs 25 cents.
>>
>>54423592
I would have never gotten that.
>>
>>54423612
>"just answer the 0 cmc fast mana card that generates 2-6 mana before you even get priority with another broken banworthy card, ez"

lmao

>>54423627
because people throw shitfits at proxies if they don't look real. i don't like proxying either, i want my cards to look like the real thing just for the sake of playability and the atmosphere. also magus of the abyss is nothing like the abyss, don't even try to pass it off as a replacement
>>
>>54423652
>another broken banworthy card
>Strip Mine

Strip Mine is like $8, so it should be fine.
>>
>>54423706
>0 cmc ld that can be recurred incredibly easily
>restricted in vintage
>banned in legacy
>"""""fine"""""

rofl
>>
>>54423736
Yeah, but it's not it's $300 or something.
>>
>>54423652
>Magus of the Abyss is nothing like the Abyss
You're retarded. Go get a job and buy an Abyss instead of getting upset about a game online. If you don't include Strip Mine in your decks then it's your own fault. The card is not broken at all as a singleton in 99 cards. Are creature removal spells banworthy too in your autistic vision of the game?
>>
>>54423736
Do you even play EDH? Strip Mining an opponent in a multiplayer game sets you both back behind the other players. It plays out completely differently than in a 1v1 where you truly buy time with these effects. If you Strip Mine/Wasteland a land in EDH then it better be a special strong land. You really come off as someone that doesn't even play with or against these cards you are complaining about. I play with a group where people play powerful lands like Gaea's Cradle and people also put Strip Mines and answers in their decks. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>54423046
gw and uw for playing
rakdos for rough playing :3
>>
>>54423592
I want to play in your meta lol
>>
File: memecenter_smug_pepe.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
memecenter_smug_pepe.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
>>54423755
>implying magus of the abyss is the same as the abyss when it blows itself up on your next upkeep, assuming no other creatures
>implying strip mine isn't broken considering the plethora of land-tutors and land-recursion in EDH
>going full retard and implying there's an equivalence between 0 cmc LD and generic "creature removal spells"
>dropping a quick "get a job lmao" even though he himself just drops all the money he earns as a wendys chef on a childrens card game

holy shit lmao
>>
>>54423789
>run a "grouphug" deck
>just strip mine the fuck out of one dude
>table is fine with it since I'm drawing them cards and getting rid of the competition
Some games I like to play Ruhan.
Some games I like to play Meren.
Some games I enjoy dicking around with a jank ass Vorosh.
Some games I just want to make your life a living hell.
>>
File: brion.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
brion.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Can I just win through commander damage by saccing big monsters with this guy?
>>
>>54423918
Commander damage is only combat damage.
>>
>>54423918
commander damage? no. throwing a serra avatar or an ignition team at a guy? yes
>>
Any secret spicy tech for 8.5 Tails? I grabbed Story Circle and Glare of Heresy.

Also I opened a Bontu, is there anything to do with him in EDH? Or should I just stick him in the collection to gather dust.
>>
>>54423975
>Bontu
>him
Read a book, faggot.
>>
>>54423975
Bontu is a decent beater for any deck with a sacrifice theme, and the activated ability isn't awful.

Though couldn't tell you a reason to actually bring Bontu.
>>
File: 188[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
188[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>54423975
Put it under Isochron Scepter and it could end up pretty funny.
>>
>>54423975
>Bontu
Magus of the Abyss is super secret tech with him. Curve out perfectly from Bontu to the Magus.
>>
File: 4[1].jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
4[1].jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>54423975
>>
File: 231[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
231[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54423975
I feel like it eventually becomes worthwhile.
>>
>>54424136
NEED
>>
File: 201.jpg (154KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
201.jpg
154KB, 624x445px
If I just pick up one of these for a lands deck, which one should I choose?
>>
>>54424311
without other information

Exploration. Turn 1 play, and as an enchantment less likely to be board wiped then a creature.
>>
>>54424311
Is budget an issue?
>>
>>54424333
Kinda. But an Italian Azusa costs the same as Exploration and I figure she's less likely to be reprinted any time soon.
>>
>>54424356
There's a real chance Azusa could be reprinted in Iconic Masters.
>>
File: 1497305096332.jpg (5KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
1497305096332.jpg
5KB, 250x224px
>tfw got a promo prerelease Ramunap Excavator at the same price of a normal one
>>
>>54424356
do your group a favor and just buy english cards

unless your group is italian of course
>>
>>54424311
oh shit didnt realize the 10 explorations I have from conspiracy are worth something now
>>
>>54424374
I forgot that these Master sets are happening.
Yeah, I guess I'll wait on Azusa and get Exploration first.
>>
>>54424375
So you saved like $2?
>>
>>54424402
Hey it's always a nice thing to get premium cards for the price of a normal one
>>
File: 07e.png (194KB, 200x247px) Image search: [Google]
07e.png
194KB, 200x247px
>>54424402
>saved 2 bucks
>>
>>54424120
OK, I'd been thinking of 8.5tails, and I'm always looking for an opportunity to use crazy jank like that, yet I somehow didn't think of putting them together.
>>
File: IMG_1851.jpg (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1851.jpg
55KB, 300x300px
Never have built a commander deck before and wanna repurpose my black modern rat deck, how viable is this card as a commander?
>>
File: Edgewalker.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Edgewalker.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
Are there any good deck boxes that can hold two EDH decks?
>>
>>54424453
Thornbite.dek.
>>
>>54423975
Tip: Purelace's effect is permanent.
>>
File: s-l500[1].jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500[1].jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>54424457
You can fit a second deck in the lower half, if you put it in face-up.
>>
>>54424479
>TFW I own this
I'm not sure how true this is. Hold on a fucking second.
>>
>>54420126
>w/g/b saprolings and insects
>u/w spirits
>r/w humans
>u/w/b artifacts

Yeah. I love tokens.
>>
>>54424311
They're both extremely impactful in a land deck but I think Exploration is slightly better.
>>
>>54424457
>>54424479
>>54424532
Can confirm. I had to put the separate deck into the lower half in like three chunks, but it seats two comfortably. You need to stuff like twenty tokens into the top half though to keep that deck from moving around.
>>
>>54423975
Bontu is a dust collector. She is probably the worst God yet printed for EDH (competing with Hazoret, but the Pervert at least leads to a kind of interesting YOLO playstyle rather than the same shit you could do so many elsewheres. There's barely any reason to run her because most of the time if you want a sac outlet you want it to cost no mana or have a board impact. In the command zone she's even worse, run Shattergang if you want sac.dec with an outlet commander, or if you insist on monoblack there's Anown, Gisa, Cabal Patriarch, or Razaketh
>>
File: 154.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
154.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>54424593
>She is probably the worst God yet printed
wew
every time you look at this card it gets worse and worse
the fact they had the gall to print this at mythic says a lot about wizards
name a single mythic thats worse than this card
go on
I dare you
>>
File: 20170720_103838[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_103838[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>54424572
The trick is, hold the deck flat in one hand, lower the box down onto it with your other hand, then turn it over and slide it back into the main box.
>>
File: 1[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54424627
>>
>>54424648
o dam
nvm
literally worse than doing nothing
>>
>>54424627
Archangels light

>tfw you pulled seven on those fucking things.
>>
>>54424453
Oh shit, I forgot I have him.

Guess I'm building a b rat token deck.
>>
>>54424702
Heads up!!!
the deck is frustratingly mediocre
>>
>>54424636
Shit son that's good. Will do.
>>
>>54424636
>Casually sneaking that Workshop into the picture
>>
>>54424720
I'll come up with something.
>>
>>54424648
>buddy uses this in Avacyn tribal vs Muzzio
>Shimmer Myr and Tormod's Crypt
>>
File: hey hey hey.png (498KB, 678x480px) Image search: [Google]
hey hey hey.png
498KB, 678x480px
/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
>>
>>54424746
I play with a proxy in my library, and keep the actual Workshop protected. My playgroup's in agreement that it shouldn't be shuffled.
>>
File: Snapcaster-Mage-MM3.jpg (1KB, 63x63px) Image search: [Google]
Snapcaster-Mage-MM3.jpg
1KB, 63x63px
Is there anything fun I can do with Snappy in EDH? Trying to figure out if I should hold onto the one I opened. Don't play Modern or Legacy.
>>
>>54424848
Snap's as "fun" as Eternal Witness, There aren't really any fancy tricks, just straightforward value.

It's about $40, so, consider selling it if you have $40 worth of other things you'd want more than a value card.
>>
>>54424848
probably some spell slinger deck? cant really think of anything. Snappy isnt that good in edh
>>
>>54424848
Flash back your mana drain and turn it from $150 in value to $300
>>
>>54424943
Snap's still good in EDH.
He can turn reanimate effects into instant/sorcery recursion, and take advantage of virtual card advantage generated by self-mill.
>>
>>54424972
>>54424943
>>54424930
Alright yeah, I that's about the same I was coming up with too. Just listed it, time to put these decklists together!
>>
>>54424943
>Snappy isnt that good in edh
Snappy is only bad if you play bad cards
stop playing bad cards
>>
File: IMG_1815.jpg (630KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1815.jpg
630KB, 1600x1200px
>>54424457
I use these.
>>
>>54424848
You can use him in a flash.dec like God of the Polis. Or "cast two spells a turn" tribal like Jori En.

That's the "fun" stuff you can do with him.
>>
>>54424752
>Discord link in the garbage, where it belongs
If you're gonna post it, I guess...
>>
File: 1500548768213.jpg (12KB, 317x357px) Image search: [Google]
1500548768213.jpg
12KB, 317x357px
>>54424750
>Avacyn tribal
>>
File: 1093327.jpg (45KB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
1093327.jpg
45KB, 450x315px
Where the hell can Archangel/Purifier be played?
She has to have a home somewhere right? If not as a commander than one in the 99.
>>
>>54425297
Are you retarded? She has incredible utility as a commander. Just think about what she does for one second. Use her as a combat trick or a "combo" against your own jokulhaups effects.
>>
>>54422846
I love marduchesa for sunforger antics.

Here's my sunforger package. I made it so evey instant was sunforgerable.

1x Anguished Unmaking
1x Boros Charm
1x Crackling Doom
1x Kolaghan's Command
1x Lapse of Certainty
1x Mana Tithe
1x Mortify
1x Path to Exile
1x Rakdos Charm
1x Return to Dust
1x Reverberate
1x Terminate
1x Utter End
1x Wear / Tear

Nothing like sunforgering for lapse of certainity to fuck some one's day

Get yourself a Mistviel plains as well so you can keep reusing the same spell over and over again for maximum anal devastation.
>>
Is Apostle spam the only way to build an effective Athreos deck?
>>
>>54425331
There are two problems with that card:
>boros colour identity
>flash effect

It's only really good if you can surprise people, which you can't in the command zone. It can build a janky voltron deck, but that's the best you can hope for. In a tricolour it's particularly underwhelming because your stuck in mardu, naya, or jeskai, all of which want to do something else. It's a good reanimator target but your still stuck in mardu, for example.
>>
>>54423242
But it's been this as the main representation for years. At least since RTR. I think the ship on changing it has sailed.

>>54423046
If I gotta pick one I'm going with Boros Legion. That was my starter deck and I still love everything about the Boros legion. I really love mardu though so I'd love to spend time with either Rakdos or Orzohv
>>
>>54425550
>It's only really good if you can surprise people, which you can't in the command zone.

No, Avacyn having flash is raw utility. It means you can hold open mana for other spells and bring her in when it's most convenient. If your board's in a position where you'd suffer heavily from a wrath, she's a deterrent from it being cast. The fact that everyone knows you have access to her doesn't spoil it.
>>
>>54425297
I use her in Kalemne. She gives XP, protects on etb, can lend her Flying w/ Odric 2.0, holds the board hostage with a Basalisk Collar, and is fun to blink with Eldrazi Displacer. Even without deathtouch her transformation helps Kalemne get through token swarms.
>>
>>54423046
Rakdos, I'll probably die of an OD or suffocate from having dicks in every orifice at some point, but god damn I'll have the time of my life.
>>
>>54425526
Pretty much. Athreos is really hindered by being giving your opponents a choice, and he tends to shut down your own combos and recursion chains.
>>
>>54423046
Is guildless an option? Because I like Boros, Orzhav, and Selesnyia all too much.
>>
>>54425670
I think you might Gruul, based on your spelling.
>>
File: ridgescale.jpg (31KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ridgescale.jpg
31KB, 223x311px
how do people feel about pic related? am i dumb for considering it instead of the green gearhulk?
the deck has a lot of small dorks, but worst case scenario the tusker is just a 5/5 while the hulk is an 8/8 trampler.
However the tusker has the potential to buff a lot more than four +1/+1
>>
>>54425710
I think you may be Gruul, based on your grammar.
>>
>>54425721
I prefer Gearhulk.

Then again, I'm playing Animar.
>>
>>54425297
today I learned that If Archangel Avacyn is my commander I'm Boros not Mono-White
>>
>>54425771
Welcome to the Legion brother!
>>
>>54425721
Gearhulk is definitely better since its more flexible and therefore has a higher floor. So if you can only have one, its Gearhulk.
>>
>>54425744
There's nothing grammatically incorrect about that sentence.
>>
>>54425721
It's kind of hard to know with out seeing the rest of the deck. But we can skip that step for now.

Answer these questions.
>Which is better for my budget
>which is better for my game plan
>Which of the previous two questions is more important?

I think you've already made up your mind though. You wouldn't ask about that card unless you wanted to hear a yes from the community. So go ahead and run it if you already own one. May work better than you hoped. If it doesn't you can always pick up a gearhulk later I'd recomend after rotation
>>
>>54425838
>I think you might Gruul
>>
File: IMG_0009[1].png (253KB, 730x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0009[1].png
253KB, 730x280px
>>54425744
How about I hit you in the face with an entire Mountain then?
>>
>>54425918
Holy shit I never realized. If thats the flavor, thats incredible. Hes literally throwing mountains and trees at you.
>>
>>54425842
I own both cards but haven't put them to any use since I'm new to commander (draft player) and building my first deck.

I'll probably start with the gearhulk since it's better on it's own and has flexibility, and maybe swap it out with the tusker after a couple of games and see how it turns out. Just wanted to hear some thoughts and ideas from more experienced players.

So thanks for the answers!
>>
File: Obzedat-Ghost-Council-Art.jpg (209KB, 1004x734px) Image search: [Google]
Obzedat-Ghost-Council-Art.jpg
209KB, 1004x734px
>>54425918
Good luck hitting a fucking ghost.
>Teleports behind you
>Unsheathes Mortify
Pssshh... Nothin' personnel... Kid...
>>
>>54425526
Play him as value and bears.
>Hey, that other guy sure likes drawing and he just killed my Spirit of the Labyrinth. I'm not saying you should let it give me back, but that's just gonna be bad for you.
>>
Mannichi lives
>>
>>54426411
Still really wanna see a decklist.
>>
How many lands go in and edh?
>>
>>54426503
>How many lands go in and edh?
Start with 35 go up to 37 if you really must most times you will cut down to 34/33
make sure you supplement your lands with 10ish ramp spells
>>
File: EDHTypes.png (1MB, 1429x575px) Image search: [Google]
EDHTypes.png
1MB, 1429x575px
Post some of your decks.
>>
>>54426503
For typical decks, 34-38. Competitive decks can run less and have a lower curve.
>>
>>54424457
Ultra pro satin towers my dude. Also fat pack boxes hold 2 double sleeved decks with space for tokens and dice .
>>
>>54426503
no clue, i have 34 lands for my deck i've yet to play. 2 tap for colourless and 2 evolving wilds. other 28 produce mana im pretty sure. it's a two colour deck

proffesor's baisc commander video say 38+ lands but he had 6 utility lands
>>
File: EDHTypesTemplate.png (15KB, 1429x575px) Image search: [Google]
EDHTypesTemplate.png
15KB, 1429x575px
>>54426583
>>
File: 20170514_101852.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_101852.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>54426583
>>
File: Dragons EDH.png (3MB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons EDH.png
3MB, 1538x872px
>>54426583
>100% smiles at cock list
what stax pieces are you using and are you going for kiki or are you going for redcap?
>>
>>54426608
>proffesor's
this guy is a hack
dont listen to him.
spend damn near a year figuring out why I was doing so poorly in my games then I decided to throw all his advice out the window and bam! started winning
>>
>>54426583
I've been really interested in Mishra as of late. How does he play?
>>
does anyone buy on cardmarket eu?
I like the fact that I can pick which edition i want.. but you only seem to be able to pick one preferred edition?
I just want the cheapest card with the art i like, would be sweet if you could pick just the art, no matter what set symbol
>>
>>54426503
36 to 39 depending on average converted mana cost, number of ramp spells/manarocks, and even if lands figure into your strategy. 37 lands and 10 ramp spells/mana rocks will do you well for most decks.
>>
>>54426663
I buy all my cards on there. I need to filter out certain countries due to postage issues, but otherwise the price is very competitive and I only get a few idiots who list cards and then immediately message me to say they don't have in stock.
>>
>>54426694
thanks but that doesn't really answer my question.

but while we're on the topic how do you filter out countries? I don't want switzerland sellers because they're not in the EU
>>
>>54426503
36 lands 10 ramp is my basic build for everything then i adjust based on average cmc
>>
>>54426737
Sorry missed that out, no way to filter on art, only either a particular edition or every edition when adding a card.

I use magiccardwantlist.wente.dk/ as an optimiser for wantlists, it costs to use, but I find it saves much more and I just filter out individuals from countries that have crap postage until none are in the order.
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (50KB, 1038x687px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
50KB, 1038x687px
>>54426737
The shopping wizard helps with that.
As for editions, if you don't pick a preference, it's going to get the cheapest one.
>>
>>54426619
Mana Web is pretty neat. You can bait people into trying to stop one of your combos, then just do another variation of the combo once they're tapped out.

>are you going for kiki or are you going for redcap?

Both. I've basically got like 12 different ways the combos can come online.

>>54426653
It's a silly artifact shenanigan deck. I didn't build it around a specific endgame plan, so it's sort of just open to improvisation figuring out how you plan to win each game.
>>
>>54424627
i made a deck around here and topped a few tournaments with it. nobody expects a deck that can turn out 10 1/1 with deathtouch a turn. red red/white decks get crushed buy her. but that was also in standard.
>>
>>54426795
>magiccardwantlist.wente.dk

Interesting, I'm going to take a look at this.
>>
>"Hey guys, let's do an 8 players 2-headed giant with commander decks!"
>Oloro-Grenzo / Red Grenzo-Obzedat / Oloro-Teferi PW / Queen Marchesa-Jenara
Well that sure as fuck took 3 hours of my life. Jesus Christ. They will longer want to play against my Grenzo.
>>
>>54425721
i have both him and gearhulk in my rishkar deck
>>
>>54426893
Which Grenzo?
>>
>>54426893
>could have had two solid 4-man pods
>instead decide to be retards
S-sounds fun, anon
>>
File: Stupidity Overload.png (1MB, 1271x889px) Image search: [Google]
Stupidity Overload.png
1MB, 1271x889px
>>54426807
>topped a few tournaments
I know this is /tg/ but you dont have to constantly LARP
>>
>>54426917
Red black Grenzo. I got an ashnod's altar but I got my combos cockblocked three times in a row. Ended up outvaluing them anyway.
>>
>>54426893
>>"Hey guys, let's do an 8 players 2-headed giant with commander decks!"
>3 hour game
more like combo early and invalidate the whole idea of THG
>>
>>54426503
It really depends on your deck. A lot of people love running fewer lands so that they can include more "fun" cards, but missing land drops and being mana screwed isn't much fun.
37 lands and 10 ramp like >>54426682
suggested is a good rule of thumb. If you run blue with lots of cantrips, you can decrease it, but only if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>54426942
>being butthurt because youve never built your own deck.
i forgot this is /tg/, sorry.
>>
>>54426963
Too many control decks to reliably combo early.
>>
>>54426583
Wouldn't Scarab God be better as one of the 99 instead of the commander for zombies? Gisa and Geralf seem much better in command than Scarab God.
>>
>>54427008
I'm about to try Sidisi Brood Tyrant with Scarab God in the 99. As soon as I get my hands on the like 200$ worth of cards I'm missing.
>>
>>54427008
My brother and a friend were building Locust and Scorpion, so I'm playing Scarab at least until the novelty wears off.
>>
>>54426982
>nah seriously guys, my spicy homebrew is totally tournament winning!
>no I won't share my decklist, don't want any filthy netdeckers stealing it :^)
>>
File: 20170720_142358.jpg (6MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_142358.jpg
6MB, 4160x3120px
Trying to fit in gemstone array, paradox engine, planar bridge, and mana echoes
The commander is krenko and there are 33 lands.
>>
>>54426583
What does it mean for a deck to be labeled 100% or 75%?
>>
>>54427104
Why Obliterate?
>>
>>54426982
>butthurt
the idea that paying 20 mana over the course of a few turns to exile 10 of your own creatures and make 10 1/1s somehow is a threat to a table, let alone a tournament table, is beyond laughable
>>
>>54427079
>still butthurt because he only netdecks.
>never makes own deck
>0 creativity
>mocks others for not being like him.

wew, forgot this was /tg/.
>>
>>54427132
lets see this deck
I'd love to be proven wrong
>>
>>54427124
a 3 cost indestructible 5/5 at turn 3 to 4 is laughable?
>ok?
>>
>>54427104
I always love to see a good old price of progress in commander.
>>
>>54427120
That's a good question. Originally replaced decree of annihilation with it but haven't used it since
>>
>>54427153
A supposedly strong deck that you won't share so people can see if it's jank or the real deal is laughable. Because 90% of the time it's jank and you just won a few FNMs then got full of yourself.
>>
>>54427109
75% means you're playing the deck less than optimal, so you can play it against weaker decks and/or more casual players.
>>
>>54426795
>magiccardwantlist.wente.dk/
Doesn't that do the same thing of the shopping wizard mcm already has? I always use the shopping wizard and has never let me down
>>
>>54420008
/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
>>
>>54427124
Playing Autist's Advocate here but Pharika can exile from any graveyard.
>>
File: Letting the Baits Go By.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Letting the Baits Go By.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
>>54427153
>indestructible 5/5
>needing to attack 5 times to kill with commander damage
>needing to attack 20 times to kill the table
please dont tell me this is your plan a
also
>having 7 devotion on turn 4
wait
this is bait isnt it
fuck
>>
>>54427209
>Playing Autist's Advocate here but Pharika can exile from any graveyard.
and the owner of the exiled card get the token
so in order for him to have 10 1/1s from his commander he either needs to double his tokens or exile 10 of his own creatures
>>
>>54427109
100% is tryhard, hold back nothing, no social contract. 75% is when you're too much of a pussy to risk losing so you bring pubstomp decks to casual tables.
>>
>>54427182
75% means you're building the deck less optimal
>>
>>54427209
Ah yes, the classic strategy of giving your opponent deathtouch blockers for the low low price of 2 mana
>>
>>54427104
>>54427104
>33 lands
>mono-red with almost no acceleration
>any spell costing more than 4
Nah dude. Krenko should go breakneck fast
>>
>>54427195
You can filter out certain users and it has other options that the shopping wizard does not have.
>>
>>54427209
It gives the graveyard's owner the snek though which is why the card isn't great.
>>
>>54427229
>>54427241
I told you it was autistic.
>>
>>54427230
>I supplant my own definitions onto things
>>
>>54427256
Ah ok, i get it, it's more useful if you have problems getting cards from certain countries due to postage
>>
File: 1493670928590.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1493670928590.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>54427153
>somehow getting 7 devotion turn 3 reliably
>not knowing how greentexting works
>>
>>54426583
Post your Alesha tech
>>
>>54426807
>red/white decks get crushed by her
Red/white player here, you do know you're bragging about crushing literally the weakest color combination in the format, right? Like, red/white players play that because they're idiots who like to lose.
>>
>>54427268
>I'm not using Gaea's Cradle so this is my 75% Yisan deck :^)
>>
>>54427104
First off, decide if you're playing aggro goblins or combo and commit to one.
Second R A M P. Run more 2 cmc mana rocks and up your land count a bit. Also consider effects like Faithless Looting and Carhartic Reuinion to smooth out your early game and get rid of lands late game.
>>
>>54427242
That's why the majority of my deck is below 4 mana. I can vomit out my hand and benefit from g orrery more than my opponents. The additions are to help fuel antics like flashing in an outpost siege right before some smug fuck boardwipes my critical mass of gobbos
>>
File: 196[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
196[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54427308
A whole lot of sac outlets.
>>
>>54425616
But it does. As soon as you have 3WW you know exactly what they're going to do from the command zone. If it's in your hand, no one knows you drew it, and while they may know it's in your deck, it's much more difficult to prepare for.

Really, people just hold onto a counter or a bounce spell, and the second you cast it, they laugh and tell you to fuck off. There's no way someone's going to counter something non-game winning when nu-avacyn is hanging out in the command zone. Now, if there were sneaky ways to generate a lot of mana and cast it out of nowhere, like Ramos, then it'd be a different story.
>>
>>54427369
Low land count only works if you have reliable early game draw. Mono-R EDH isn't 60 card burn. Games usually go longer and have a lot of variance, so you want to mitigate how often you'll be mana screwed. Casting Krenko on turn 6 because you couldn't find your 4th mountain isn't fun.
>>
>>54427456
Grand Abolisher
>>
>>54427456
Cavern of Souls
>>
>>54427456
War's Toll
>>
>>54427456
You realize bounce spells don't do anything to stop that Avacyn, right?
>>
>>54424848
Put him in a flicker deck and you can repeatedly get his etb?
>>
>>54426806
Sounds like my kinda deck. I've been trying to decide what artifact commander I want to build lately. I just did Zur with silly enchantments and now I want to play with rocks. I'm torn between Mishra and Karn. I enjoy shenanigans and making combos from scratch, but I'm worried that mono-brown might be too expensive.
>>
File: 158.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
158.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>54420242
Not quite what you're looking for but it's my favorite piece of yard hate.
>>
>>54427591
I'd rather use this as a commander than Pharika.
>>
>>54425297
She's actually, along with Brion, one of the best Boros commanders. Her front side allows some nice stupid combos (mostly with abusing the everloving shit out of one turn of indestructible) and her flip is... honestly, her flip isn't something you want to rely on but you can fire it off to mop up utility critters or tokens, maybe to control the field after MLD? Or you can slap a Basilisk Collar on her and watch the fireworks. With one more point of power she hits probably the most important commander damage break point (7 power/3 hits to kill is the last really achievable break since the next one doesn't come in till 11) so she can finish players personally if you desolate the board real good, which is probably the one thing Boros is actually competent at.
>>
>>54424311
>tfw got Azusa for 2$ way, way back
If you told me she'd be worth 30$ one day I wouldn't have believed you.
>>
i wanna make a mono b stax deck. kuon for early supression and hard to remove once he flips, or mikaeus for recursion and whombo combos?
>>
>>54427645
id play the shit out of a mono green elf for 2 with that ability
>>
>>54427153
Turn 3-5 and you've already lost to combo, or the stax player already has a lock. You didn't win any tournaments with your janky casual goodstuff. You don't need to lie to us anon, we're all friends here.
>>
>>54425890
Gross.
>>
>>54426500
The commander is Nin
>>
File: DGM Ruric Thar the Unbowed.jpg (111KB, 265x374px) Image search: [Google]
DGM Ruric Thar the Unbowed.jpg
111KB, 265x374px
>>54428106
>gross
>ew who wants to cast creature spells
heh nothing personal pal
>>
Which would you say is the most annoying commander of them all?
The one that if you see the opponent taking it out you at least think about the possibility of conceding the game immediately just to not play against it, even if you think you could win?
Not necessarily because the commander itself is annoying (which is still a possibility), maybe it's because all the decks with that commander look the same, maybe it's because they have an annoying combo...
>>
>>54428574
Narset. The hexproof makes it a pain in the ass and I've got to counter or boardwipe to keep her from attacking.

I've never played against the competitive ones like Tazri or Food Chain Prossh but they seem like cancer too.
>>
>>54428574
>Which would you say is the most annoying commander of them all?
Leovold is the only commander I legit thought was annoying I'm very glad they banned him
I do sometimes get annoyed at roon value decks when playing casual games just so much value all the time
Plus it has counters ramp and wraths
>>
>>54428444
>tfw you stick Grafted Exoskeleton on the guy while Possibility Storm is out
Let's get dangerous, niggas.
>>
>>54428781
eh, possibility storm doesn't force you to cast the new spell
>>
>>54428841
>turning ruric thar into "opponents cant cast non-creature spells"
sign me up
>>
>>54421081
I would cut unmake for a vindicate
>>
>>54428841
the first spell that person tried to cast hits them for 6 and never actually resolves, if they want to cast the new spell they get bopped for another 6, and if they don't then they just hit themselves in the face for nothing

They either cast 1 spell and take 12 damage, cast no spells and take 6 damage, or never cast any non creature spells ever
>>
>>54428574
Hokori.
>>
Do you guys usually get a sol ring for each deck or switch it out between?
>>
>>54429006
in the past i just bought duplicates because it's like 1 euro, who cares.

but nowadays it's housebanned in my group so i don't have to keep buying extra copies, woo hoo
>>
>>54429006
I have 6 of them from all the pre-con's ive bought over the years and retire a few decks at once, so I always have a slew of rings
>>
>>54429034
Same as this Anon, I inevitably buy all the precons for less than MSRP, so I have a bunch of rings sitting around.
>>
>>54428975
>getting annoyed at mono white
>getting annoyed at winter orb
theres waaay worse out there
>>
>>54420242

Not an enchantment, but Oketra is similar.
>>
>>54429118
Yes, but the worse stuff wants to play the game, even if it's one sided. Hokori wants no one to play, not even himself.
>>
>>54429272
>Yes, but the worse stuff wants to play the game
heh do you even stax bro?
>>
>>54429289
Augustin and Derevi want to play the game, they just don't want you to play the game. Hokori wants no one to play the game.
>>
>>54429006
i'm gonna buy an old art sol ring for my new commander next week
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
rec me a matching plains
>>
File: plains.jpg (227KB, 1251x445px) Image search: [Google]
plains.jpg
227KB, 1251x445px
>>54429475
Urza's plains best plains, doesn't matter if they match.
>>
>>54429554
you're right, those are good
>>
File: 21650_200w.jpg (18KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
21650_200w.jpg
18KB, 200x285px
>>54429554
these were featured in a duel deck i think
thats how i ended up with a lot of them
still not as good the Holland plains though...
>>
What are some cheap yet fun decks that can pull of wins?
>>
File: plains1.jpg (24KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
plains1.jpg
24KB, 210x300px
>>54429615
shame they're expensive. i like that one and pic related
>>
>>54429554
how come none of the other lands got this style of set in Urza. Fuck you Wizards
>>
>>54429626
My cheapest deck is red-black Grenzo, I tuned it around a 5-powered Grenzo and filled it with bargain bin rare dragons and demons. The combo pieces like Mikaeus and Kiki-jiki were the most expensive cards, aside from that it's pretty inexpensive.
>>
>>54429626
edric spy master of trest
literally just 1/1s and finishers
>>
>>54429731
Yeah, cheap as fuck. Wouldn't be surprised if Cyclonic Rift ended up being the cheapest card in your deck. My group now plays with 1v1 modo rules though, where he's banned, so I had to dismantle my deck. Not a huge loss, he was boring to lpay imo.
>>
>>54429626
the easiest way to make a cheap deck is to try and run mono color. Something like Red goblins with Krenko or mono green with some absurd ramp to shit out huge creatures
>>
>>54429765
>ended up being the cheapest card
most expensive card*
>>
File: 232.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
232.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>54429475
In foil
>>
>>54429626
Monocolor and Gx are the cheapest because you can skip pricey lands and use mostly basics. You can always use cheap alternate threats.
>>
File: images (96).jpg (29KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
images (96).jpg
29KB, 324x450px
So you're at the store gathering for a game and some bloke asks if he could join.
Fuck yeah you reply, what you playing you ask.
He slaps down this while the word
V O L T R O N
echo around the store.
Would you be cool with that?
>>
>>54429797
that's.. actually the one I have on my want list right now, i like it a lot but im not sure how well the two pair side by side

but i guess it's settled then. Love the art of Nils Hamm
>>
>>54429907
well considering you can't do shit with half mana and half stats outside of unsets the dude's basically playing a bad version of isamaru. so yeah i'd be cool with that.
>>
>>54428574
Teferi, Temporal Archmage stax
>>
>>54429907
>voltron
>monowhite (quasiwhite?)
>1/2 dmg
Why would one choose to suffer in this way? Would one need to despise winning?
>>
>>54429907
I would direct him to the nearest medical facility
>>
Hey dudes, quick question for anyone that has bought a precon before. Are all the cards in the box kept together in the same cellophane wrapping? I only ask because my NEET buddy really wants Mizzix, and you can buy a "loose" version on eBay where they took it out of the box to cut shipping costs but left it in the cellophane. They've sold like 30 of the things and feedback is 100% positive, but I want to be sure every card that deck should have will be in that wrapping. Like are the commanders kept with the other cards?
>>
NEW THREAD
>>54430307
>>54430307
>>54430307
>>54430307
>>
>>54430269
Look up an unboxing video of the precon on youtube. That will answer your question.
>>
>>54430328
Gotcha, did so and bought. Thanks anon.
>>
>>54423262
I shouldn't be laughing at this. That sounds excrutiating to play against.
>>
File: 1500573710784.jpg (248KB, 1420x570px) Image search: [Google]
1500573710784.jpg
248KB, 1420x570px
>>54426583
>>
>>54427954
He was talking about standard. Reread his original post.
>>
>>54420137
I run it
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.