[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critical Role Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 396
Thread images: 20

File: -CR.jpg (216KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
-CR.jpg
216KB, 970x545px
Last thread went so well, lets have another.

Episode 105 is now up on the Geek and Sundry website
>inb4 shill
Just a discussion about a /tg/ related show. We're mostly here to shit on Keyleth anyway.

Suggested topics:
>how bullshit Vax coming back as a revenant is
>how stupid Keyleth is (will she learn her spells before the end of the campaign?)
>thoughts and expectations for the next campaign (believed to take place 30 years later in the same setting, so children of the party are likely)
>>
File: 3351278630_9bdda14be7.jpg (129KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
3351278630_9bdda14be7.jpg
129KB, 500x386px
>>
>>54372920
Bump appreciated, but wtf?
>>
>>54372861
the PDF for the campaign guide should be online now?
anyone gonna buy it?
>>
>>54373285
Buy it, no.
I don't like campaign guides in general and definitely don't think I'm that interested in Matt's world. Neat cover art though. And if a pirated PDF is floating around at some point I'll browse it
>>
>>54373285

I love Critical Role but Matt's world is generic and boring in all the wrong ways. Everybody gets along, everybody's a homosexual, there's always some "non-standard" race like a dragonborn or something as a high-ranking official or "everyday man" barkeep.

Way too video game-y in that respect.
>>
>>54372861
how about you use spoilers you piece of shit
>>
>>54373427
>everybody's a homosexual

a) you say that like its a bad thing
2) its also impossible since there are children running around various cities.
>>
>>54373427
True. It would make things more interesting if there was more of an unfair political system in every town, he gives it so little thought basically everywhere seems like a paradise

>>54373448
I've not spoiled anything from the most recent episode, if you're complaining about spoilers from an episode aired a week and a half ago you have only yourself to blame for not having seen it
>>
I really enjoy it I don't even mind the more SJW points because they really don't seem to beat you over the head with it, My favorites are Travis and Talisin, but the main draw back for me is Marisha, shes the perfect example of the DMs Girlfriend trope.
>>
>>54373455
>a) you say that like its a bad thing

It's not a bad thing, just not my cup of tea. I know some people really like his setting and that's good for them.

>2) its also impossible since there are children running around various cities.

Fair enough. Not EVERYONE in Exandria is a homosexual.

>>54373493
>True. It would make things more interesting if there was more of an unfair political system in every town, he gives it so little thought basically everywhere seems like a paradise

Yeah, not to mention that Tal'dorei and Wildmount (both presumably European-inspired by the way Matt describes them) has random brown-skinned humans everywhere living among the white-skinned ones like it's just normal but when he describes Marquet even the halflings are brown.

Comes off as extreme pandering.
>>
>>54373562
Geek and Sundry is pretty cucked out of their mind so naturally he has to make appeals to a more PC orientated crowd. I can't imagine myself enjoying playing with them at all to be honest.

I will say though Matt is a fantastic GM and gives me a lot of inspiration in that regard but I just despise his following.

The other day I was in a tea house with my girlfriend (yeah fuck off it was her idea), anyways, there were these two fatass blue haired lesbian left cucked out bozo faggots with Critical Role hoodies so there's your demographic.
>>
>>54373562
I invite you to look at the history of France and all the famous black French there are.
>>
What would you guys give for advice for starting an RPG podcast?
What makes a podcast fun to listen to, and what turns you away?
How long should episodes be?
>>
>>54372920
that looks so profoundly uncomfortable.
>>
>>54373626
>I will say though Matt is a fantastic GM and gives me a lot of inspiration in that regard but I just despise his following.

Agreed on this much, at least.

I don't care for the cast's politics, or the fanbase, or Matt's world of Exandria, but I fully admit that Critical Role is a fine program and provides quality entertainment.

Like you, Matt has also given me countless ideas for my own games and inspired me to be an even better DM. Regardless of my opinions on his setting, I have great respect for the man.
>>
So, I've been DMing for a little over a decade, and for the past year or so practically every single person under the age of 20 cannot shut the fuck up about Critical Role. There's always something that the under-twenties latch on to, but this is the first time that I have had no idea what the fuck it was.

Could someone give me a rundown of general themes? I don't have the patience to watch 4 hour twitch shows, but I'm getting annoyed at being out of the loop at the table.

No hate on the show, by the way.
>>
>>54373917
>Could someone give me a rundown of general themes?

I mean, it's a game of 5e. It's not particularly unique in that regard. There's lots of adventuring, running around, fighting dragons and undead, all your standard fare.

I think, and this is just my opinion as someone who considers themselves a fan and has watched all 105 episodes of the show, that what really "hooks" people in is the "drama." There's a lot of roleplay, a lot of good voice acting (since the players are all voice actors), and a lot of cool story moments.

I think that's the ultimate appeal. If there was no roleplay, no funny/unique voices, no story-driven moments of suspense, then I think CR wouldn't be even a quarter as popular as it is.
>>
I can understand (but not enjoy) the thought of having one of these threads when a game's being streamed, but there's really no need to have perpetual threads for e-celeb shit like this.
>>
>>54374146

god forbid there's one less 40k thread on the board

just filter it and piss off like everyone else
>>
>>54374146
strokes for folks, right?
or do you prefer telling people their fun is wrong?
>>
>>54374249
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>54374146
Better than Quest threads.
>>
>>54373314
same here, can't seem to find one tho
>>
Show is good but the people for the most part suck. Not as much as the kiss ass loser crittards though holy fuck they're the worst. Bring on the free pdf already
>>
>>54374521
>shill
>an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

interesting choice of words considering I simply wondered which option you preferred.
>>
>>54373285
It's online? Hopefully someone posts it here or the PDF share thread.
>>
>>54376452
according to the announcements last week, it was supposed to be available today.
>>
>leaving the second best character off the campaign guide cover 'because they couldn't fit him in without it being a mess'
>he's a fucking gnome
>>
>>54376492
What it's the first best character?
>>
>>54376622
Grog, if only for Travis and his godly roleplaying skills.

Pike comes in a close third and best girl.
>>
>>54376492
I thought the cover art was based upon Scanlan's POV, which is why everyone else seems super large and has those dynamic angles on top of their "dramatic" poses.
>>
File: capture.png (15KB, 839x171px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
15KB, 839x171px
>>54376958
Yeah, that's what Matt said. But then one of the Green Ronin Directors posts this.

And Frankly, I'd be fine with it being Scanlan's POV awkwardly hovering 3 feet above his height if there were ANY hint. Even just a wisp of purple magic, but nothing.

It's not like the guide has anything else to do with Scanlan, he's only mentioned once throughout the entire thing.
>>
>>54373626
if thats the demographic they want to go for, they can shoot for it.

Me personally, I'm putting a tabletop stream together, right now I just do general vidiya whilst I get some production shit sorted for it, I doubt it'd ever get noticed as I don't have the inherent head start G&S has nor am I a famous voice actor.
>>
>>54373285
>>54376468
>>54376492
>>54376622
>>54376958

Could someone please post the pdf if they buy it, thanks.
>>
>>54374066
>it's a game of 5e

Err they're playing Pathfinder
>>
>>54374066
I enjoy the OOC fun they have. My players laugh a bit but they play a bit seriously. I've never had a situation where my players made such a funny joke that we had to stop playing to laugh.
>>
>>54378046
They were playing PF _before_ the stream. All 2.5 years since the stream started they've been playing 5e.
>>
how many people agree that matt mercer is a solid
5/10 hes not great hes not bad hes pretty ok
aside from the fact he is a actual voice actor
>>
>>54378805
Mercer is great as an entertainer and shepherd - despite his unfortunate choice of flock - but not that great at world building imo. Perhaps he's just been going too long at this point without a break.
>>
>>54374146
this guy's right

>>54374249
fuck off

>>54374575
so are guro threads, that's hardly an argument
>>
Watching old videos of this. The guy who plays Tiberius keeps blatantly rerolling his dice. Why doesn't anyone call him on this?
>>
>>54379091
He left the show after because of this
>>
>>54378805
I don't mind him as a person, I love his roles as a voice actor.

But god damn, His DM skills (as a guy creating and maintaining an adventure) are pretty ehh. As a voice of the game he's great, but I wouldn't say I'd want him as DM.
>>
>>54378913
>>54379226
I think he tries to focus more on the story than the world they're in. The generic DnD world holds pretty much all you could want/need to use in a campaign, so I guess he's never really bothered to develop anything beyond that. I personally don't see him as someone who makes worlds in his free time.

I'd say his stories/plots/arcs are generic but I've only ever watched through one so I can't really say.
>>
>>54379140
Left the show for lots of reasons, including hitting on Marisha when drunk I think.
>>
>>54379286
did this happen on the show?
>>
>>54379286
He has fucked up, or something similar because of drugs. He explain in this video. https://youtu.be/Hj_16l_7wm0
>>
I am a river to my people.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkijcm0mhd2y29o/Critical%20Role%20Tal%27Dorei%20Campaign%20Setting.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>54379426
Absolute legend m8.
Post address so I can suck your dick.
>>
>>54379426
and the map

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyinsoz5cj2jriz/Critical%20Role%20Tal%27Dorei%20Campaign%20Setting%20Map.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>54379352
I'm pretty sure it did, yeah
>>
>>54379352
No. There is a noticeable release of tension in the group between 27 and 28, and Travis gives Orion the stinkeye a couple of times, but it doesn't really show on stream if you aren't looking for it.
>>
>>54379426
>>54379458

too lazy to put on mega or somewhere better than dropbox, make sure to make backup copies, etc. etc.
>>
>>54379426
Indeed you are. Kord's Strenght to you.
>>
>>54379458
pretty nice map desu
>>
>>54379426
Those off-brand Greyhawk and Dawn War gods. I mean, come on, The Matron of Ravens? The Platinum Dragon? I guess Matt had to keep what's going on stream at least in contact with the book, but still.
>>
>>54379426
than you based anon
>>
>>54379426
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkijcm0mhd2y29o/Critical%20Role%20Tal%27Dorei%20Campaign%20Setting.pdf?dl=0

>Still no mention of Tiberius.
Is Matt still mad?
>>
>Watching avengers
>part with best gril Ashley Johnson
Must be a sign
>>
Who should they add as an 8th member, and why should it be Steve Blum?
>>
>>54373780

A little cold on the face, but you get used to it.
>>
much love to the nigga that posted the campaign guide and the map.

#fuckthecrittards
>>
>>54376304
Fuck off shill!
>>
>>54373500
What SJW aspects are there?
>>
he got booted after ep 27 because he kept trying to make it the tiberius stormwind show and the rest of the players especially travis got sick of it. there was also something that happened during the weekend post 27 involving a fan that broke the camel's back and he got the boot. not to mention the drugs aids and cancer and shit. hope matt lets him come back during the next campaign for a guest spot and see how that goes but i'm not holdin my breath.
>>
>>54379748

matt has said on that god awful reddit page (almost as bad as twitter) that he's happy for orion but as of now there are no plans for orion to ever return to critical role. hope that changes during the next campaign though not gonna lie. bring him in as a guest and see how that goes.
>>
>>54380706
And then he made the Tiberius Stormwind show
>>
>>54380693
Anyone?
>>
>>54380857

What?
>>
>>54380943
He made a serialized audioplay called Draconian Knights. MC is Tiberius Stormwind.
I'd thought that Orion was a control freak who wanted his precious OC to be safe, but wow, this confirmed it.
>>
File: Evolving Magic Items.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Evolving Magic Items.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>54379426
Thanks, anon! Now I have some blueprints to balance my evolving set of magic items with.
>>
>>54380983
Where can I find this masterpiece?
>>
>>54380983
To be fair, the guy was looking for any form of control in his life at that point. Cancer sucks and it takes a toll on a person mentally.
>>
>>54381032
http://www.draconianknights.com/
>>
>>54381064
Honestly I would rather have a munchkin dragonborn than a Mary Sue avatar rip-off.
>>
>>54380693
Someone answer this for fuck's sake
>>
>>54380877

Maybe read the first 10 posts in the thread, dude.
>>
File: 1269909188792.jpg (29KB, 208x338px) Image search: [Google]
1269909188792.jpg
29KB, 208x338px
>>54379426
You have my thanks, friend anon.
>>
>>54380983

they're all control freaks (especially the girls) but ya
>>
File: 1500132767300.png (23KB, 592x161px) Image search: [Google]
1500132767300.png
23KB, 592x161px
>>54373917
I've been in the same spot as you and I think I have an answer.

It's probably the fact that all of the players are actors as their main profession. Being in- character to them is second nature and they are all generally well-developed in improv, leading to scenes where the GM doesn't have to do anything as the players steal the show, bouncing off of each other and creating entertaining scenes without assistance.

Your players can't shut up about it because they see that and don't realize that not everyone is an actor, not everyone is comfortable putting on an accent and opening themselves up to mocking from people they consider friends, even if such a fear is totally unfounded, and mostly not everybody wants a narratively charged game.

Even those that do enjoy critical role, since they are often not actors or excessively well-read in theater or fictional literature, go about playing their characters in the wrong way, leading to a game that is in the uncanny valley of half the players wanting to hex/dungeon crawl and half wanting a dramatically charged epic fantasy story.
>>
>>54379426

appreciate it my nigga but get over yourself thanks lol
>>
>>54380693
The game itself lacks any major SJW aspects. Sure they have more than a couple gay couples but who cares about that. And Sam wore a Hillary Clinton shirt to a session once.

It's geek and sundry that's SJW. The breaks that hold the shit. Signal boost is a good example.
>>
>>54379455

====D>>54379469
>79469â–¶
>>>54379352
>>
>>54381103
It's actually much better than I was expecting
>>
>>54380151

steve has already said that he has no interest in coming on the show until he gets a better hang of it which he's working on now in his and mary's and brian's and logic's and a few others private home game. i'd like to see him and patrick seitz come on the show desu
>>
>>54376651
I like Travis/Grog, but lets face it, his RP is basically "Lets go hit shit" and "I don't understand."
Agree with the rest, though.
>>
>>54380693

feminazism abounds -__-
>>
File: 637.png (131KB, 315x263px) Image search: [Google]
637.png
131KB, 315x263px
>>54380151
>Next campaign, Percival has invented guns and six-shooters become semi -popular weapons for those able to afford them.
>Steve puts on his flawless, croaky badass voice and plays a Clint Eastwood Gunslinger
>Liam plays something less edgy
>Travis plays a smart character
>Sam still steals the show
>Marisha gets the boot
>Becomes known as the best TTRPG stream in all of history for the rest of time.
>>
>Episode 4
>Fighting a sandshark.
>Grog deals sixty something damage.
>Scanlan save or sucks a dude and banishes him. Is also giving out inspiration like crazy.
>Percy blasting it's insides with his gun.
>Keyleth takes twice as long as everyone else. Turns into a rhino. Does 14 damage.
>five minutes later
>"Wait I did 15 damage instead."

How do you make a druid this bad.
>>
>>54381249
are you being sarcastic
>>
>>54379606
He couldn't afford the (Apparently ridiculous) prices the owners of those gods' copyrights to use them in his book.
>>
>>54381253
>Steve puts on his flawless, croaky badass voice
That's literally just his voice.
>>
>>54381171

indeed. as soon as i heard it was gonna be a bunch of voice actors sitting around playing dnd i knew the show was gonna be a hit. just wish all the pathetic kiss ass losers that make up the fan base would disappear and/or quit worshipping and falling all over themselves just to constantly kiss their asses. it's fuckin disgusting and sad.
>>
>>54378913
I'm pretty sure he let the players build their origins section of the game world, which contributes to the "all in" feeling.
Hell, there was this giant, powerful country of dragonborne and the only time it came up was when one player decided to nick over there to pick stuff up.
>>
>>54378046
>being this retarded
>>
What do you guys think of Talks Machina?
It started out pretty shaky but I think it's really found it's footing over the past few months.
>>
File: 1496446420709.jpg (70KB, 520x718px) Image search: [Google]
1496446420709.jpg
70KB, 520x718px
>>54381276
Shit you're right.
>>
>>54381268

keep watching. you'll see what i mean.
>>
>>54381300

if the mercer wanna be host didn't make it so much about the lame ass fans and shit and was actually funny and entertaining....it'd still suck ass lol
>>
>>54381303
just explain to me please
>>
Darin De Paul was the best guest they've had on in a while.
That back and forth banter he had going with Matt as that imp was great
>>
>>54376651
Nah, Pike is great for other character to bouncing off during downtime but put her in a tense situation or where she has to make an important decision and she just fucking freezes, I do not know if it is the character or the player but she is unable to make a decision, it even reaches the point where Matt has to make decisions for her.

Little elf girl come third, she don't have many memorable scenes but she's not fucking cringe at the fucking time.
>>
>>54381358
>Darin De Paul was the best guest they've had on in a while.
You mean period.
The only one to even come close is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, but she's straight up cringeworthy in comparison to De Paul.
>>
honestly if you guys don't realize the entire cast is feminist af your in denial.
>>
File: 1500243856355.jpg (32KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
1500243856355.jpg
32KB, 600x435px
>>54381391
/pol/ go home

The political beliefs of the cast members does not matter.

If you think a webshow having homosexual characters and racial tolerance is a bad thing you are more thin -skinned than the lefradical left-wingers you seem to harp on so much.
>>
>>54381391
The cast can have whatever political views they want, its the translation of that, and how prevalent it is, to the show that matters.

G&S as a whole is just cancerous, but CR is relatively unobtrusive. Yes, a noticeably larger portion of important+strong characters are women, and yes, it's overly culturally diverse with no negative connotations anywhere, but it has relatively little impact on the game directly.

It's a negative, but is far from damning.
>>
>>54381364
Ashley is very much the most "average" out of anyone else at the table.
Maybe she's not as versed in improv as her other cast mates or maybe she's just more comfortable with scripted acting, but nine times out of ten you'll see her just default to passively observing when shit is going down rather than actively participating with everyone else.

I'm sure she's having just as much fun as anyone else at that table, but she's considerably less entertaining to watch.
>>
>>54381364
I feel like it's 70% Ashley freezing up with indecision, 30% Pike's personality of, "wanting to get all the information before making a decision," which is something we've seen her have trouble with before (the box of ashes, for example).
>>
>>54380688
no?
>>
>>54381391
They're performing arts professionals in LA. Swing a cat in a room at a SAG meeting and you'd be hard pressed to hit one who's not a feminist.
>>
>>54379426
Wait, where is the gunslinger?
>>
>>54381515
i think everyone famous is liberal or at the very least anti-trump.

I don't blame them for the second one desu
>>
>>54381523
From my understanding, Matt could not put that class in the book due to it being on DMSguild and it breaking some TOS thing. I will say I do wish he put some guns in there though.
>>
>>54381549
Donald Trump is famous, is he an anti-trump liberal?
>>
>>54381523
Yeah, I noticed that too. That and the College of the Maestro are missing. I guess they didn't want to add stuff that's already on DMs Guild.
>>
>>54381585
i don't even think donald knows what he is
>>
>>54381263
some people just aren't good at TTRPGs, and I guess Marisha is one of them (though one would really think that she'd get the hang of it after however many years they've been doing the show). That or it's an extreme case of staying IC and playing as dumb as her character apparently is.
>>
>>54381585
It would explain some things.
>>
>>54381391
>letting the political beliefs of someone influence how you enjoy their content
Back to tumblr you go
>>
>>54379426
You are da realest nigga
>>
>>54381358
>>54381387
Darin De Paul is certainly the best. Rothfuss was rad though, I really like his letter to Keyleth, and the ring felt really impactful.
Jon Heder was a fucking smirch on their 100th episode. >haha duck farts bro
Kashaw is fine, I like his sass, but that is effectively all of his character. Zahra is an old ass woman. Chris Perkins was really damn boring, which is the opposite of how I thought he'd play out his appearance. Everyone else is incredibly insignificant and didn't make enough of an impression on me to be remembered.
>>
>>54381358

eh he was pretty awkward for most his session but he seemed to ease in more toward the end. hopefully that continues next week since there's no ep this week. jon heder and will friedle are still my fav guests thus far.
>>
>>54381387

no friedle and heder are the best get it right
>>
>>54381433

lol dumb ass XD
>>
>>54379426

Thanks heaps mate. Been hoping someone would post this.
>>
>>54381697

she's easily the most annoying and distracting to the point where i just mute/ff when she opens her mouth cuz she's as oblivious and obnoxious as they come.
>>
>>54381391

especially the girls and mercer. we get it you're insecure tough get over it and stfu already.
>>
>>54381449

she's way more fun to watch when she's actually there and not skyping in. and how the fuck did blindspot get renewed again? that show sucks ass even with her in it -__-
>>
>>54380693
I just happened to pop into the stream late last Thursday in the middle of some segment I had never seen before called "Signal Boost". It was about a 10-minute segment with Ashley on how big of a feminist Taliesin is, feminist art, writing and poetry, a comic I believe called "Bitch Planet" about a prison planet for women who dared oppose the dystopian white-cis-heteronormative-capitalist-patriarchy, and of course several mentions of the "77 cents to the dollar" figure.

Of course, that wasn't during the game itself, it's during the break, but it just informs you as to what the sensibilities are of the people who run the show, and the audience they try to garner, and they're not afraid to take their entertainment platform and use it ideologically. And it hasn't always worked out for them.

Sam and Matt got some backlash just because Sam decided that Taryon was gay, and the backlash wasn't from homophobes, but from people who thought Taryon wasn't an adequately flattering depiction of a homosexual man. Matt later addressed it in a live Q&A in which he apologized, clarified that Exandria is a progressive world, and was moved to tears as he discussed the difficult life of his gay uncle. All because some vocal people in his audience took offense that Taryon wasn't the kind of gay character they wanted, and thought he might somehow be a harmful depiction.
>>
>>54380725
>hope matt lets him come back during the next campaign for a guest spot and see how that goes but i'm not holdin my breath.

He won't.

In that video where he tried to explain his whole situation and why he got the boot (drugs, attitude problems, etc), he still places a lot of the blame on G&S and the Critical Role cast by slipping in passive-aggressive digs, like claiming he was lampshaded. And he made it very clear in the video that Marisha still refuses to speak to him.

He won't be back. It's very clear that the cast is supportive of him in public, but he burned those bridges beyond repair.
>>
>>54382259
>>54380725
Thank god. The guy's an awful shitter and although I've never personally seen a that guy before, I would show him as an example if I needed to explain it to somebody.

>>54382245
If you only watch the gameplay segments there's very little SJW stuff as people have said. It's in their attitudes, yes, but as other people have also said you'll only see it occaisionally like in Matt's DMing like a higher rate of homosexuality than normal or lots of strong female characters.
>>
>>54382259
>And he made it very clear in the video that Marisha still refuses to speak to him.

At which point in the video? It's like 10 minutes long.
>>
>>54382288
He was a terrible player as far as fudging rolls, constantly metagaming, constantly stealing focus and going off on his own, trying to be The Coolest Bad Ass Awesome Guy, all that shit.

But let's be honest, a lot of the cast have similar problems. Liam and Taliesin are powergamers too, but everyone laughs and teases them about it, it's no big deal. They would have ignored Orion's gameplay That Guy stuff if he wasn't being such a massive chode off camera as well.

>>54382325
If you watch far enough into the video, there's a whole section where he gets into how much he misses his friends, outright says Marisha doesn't talk to him, and then goes into a really long-winded and frankly creepy apology to her. To be honest, the apology sounds like an ex with a restraining order begging for a second change, it's awkward to watch.
>>
>>54382343
I suppose you're right about the gameplay stuff. Personally I think Taliesin is a bit of a shitter as well since he doesn't contribute a whole lot minus 'I shoot the orc' (At least in the part I watched), but Liam seemed okay. You know, for a minmaxy rogue.

Man, these threads are making me actually wanna watch them.
>>
File: hoa.jpg (275KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hoa.jpg
275KB, 1280x720px
>>2017 not Enjoying the heroe's of awsome
Comfy ? Check
No Drama ? Check
Funny ? Check
Simple people having fun ? Check
>>
>>54382375
If you're early in the show, keep watching! Percy as a character was very bland and in the background up until his personal arc started around episode 28, at which point I think he sort of came out of his shell and started going ham. He became a lot more interesting from then on IMO.
>>
>>54382375
Liam comes of as a good player for most people, at first. The problem is he's one note, and that note is insufferable angst.
I assumed it was a character choice, until he ran his one shots the same way.
>>
>>54382245

actually what set the homos off was that he vomited after his encounter and their overly sensitive ridiculous asses took that as insulting -__-
>>
>>54382259

in show business you never say never but ya i hear you
>>
>>54382462
It wasn't that, they took offense at the fact that he had a tragic backstory with an abusive father and a dead lover. They got mad about how every gay character in media has an angsty backstory, and Sam and Matt played into an overplayed trope. LGBT characters aren't allowed to have anything tragic happen to them ever now, apparently. Even though they eat it up with Vax, rofl.
>>
liam needs to get the fuck over whatever the fuck he's hung up taliesin needs to move away from marisha or vice versa laura needs to quit trying to control everyone's game (she's gotten better as of late but still) and they all need to quit encouraging/rewarding all the ass kissing from the loser fans
>>
I wonder if Orion wants to return to CR solely because he misses gaming with his friends or if he regrets missing out on all that sweet, sweet free publicity that he could leverage into his voice acting career.
>>
>>54382495

yes it was that and to a lesser degree it was your reasons too
>>
>>54382506

prolly more column b than column a which is sad lol

in this gay ass captcha i just did there was a sign that said whitestone br
>>
If I wanted to watch this would it be best to start at beginning or is there another point where it really picks up.
>>
fuck feminazis

fuck the crittards
>>
>>54382544
it really picks up around episode 28 when orion leaves and they go into the best arc, but you might want to try from the beginning
there are a lot of growing pains for the stream, and it took them quite a while to get the hang of it
>>
File: Matt Mercer is ruining D&D.png (160KB, 653x674px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Mercer is ruining D&D.png
160KB, 653x674px
>>
File: Matt Mercer is ruining D&D pt 2.png (89KB, 1032x382px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Mercer is ruining D&D pt 2.png
89KB, 1032x382px
>>
>>54382544
Depends on what you mean by "picks up". There's a few good starting points.

Episode 24 is when the show stops shitting around with filler arcs and actually begins to get serious and delve into the intense storytelling and acting the show's known for. It begins a character's personal arc, which is very gothic horror, if you enjoy Ravenloft you'll like that arc. It also sets the stage for the current arc happening in the show right now. Watch episodes 24-25, then skip to episode 28 and watch from there.

Episode 39 is the beginning of the dragon-centered arc that spans like 40 episodes of the show and has a significant impact on the world setting of the show. Since it's the start of a substantial arc, it's a decent place to jump in, although you'll miss some context on who various side characters are.

Episode 95 begins after a year long time skip, and is also where the campaign guide begins. Again, you'll miss a whole lot of context, but given it's a time skip, IMO this is a good place to jump in if you want to be current on the show, then go back and watch the rest later.
>>
Grog
Pike
Scanlin
Male edgelord
gunslinger
female edgelord
elementalist

best to worst

the guest barbarian was pretty good.
>>
>campaign guide has a glider that can be turned into a quarterstaff
they couldn't be more blatantly ripping off avatar if they tried
>>
>>54382581
>>54382604
Is this anon blind and deaf or just incredibly retarded?
>>
>>54382581
>>54382604
>Look at them all, laughing together. See their oblivious smiles, the twinkle of childlike glee in their eyes? Slobs! Simpletons! This was once a serious hobby, meant only for people with a real passion for the craft. Now it is nothing more than a cheap novelty for the masses. A momentary distraction from the gnawing emptiness of their lives! How dare they! They will never know the real, true joy of role playing games, nor will I know that joy ever again, for they have tread upon my hobby and stolen what I loved!
>>
>>54382661
So? It's cool and fun, who gives a shit
>>
>>54382651
How is Vex a edgelord?
>>
>>54382691
the brother and sister(?) pair. Theyre not super edgelords but it's the easiest way to refer to the people who wear all black and try too hard sometimes. Only know the names of about half of them, only seen a few episodes, or rather, only payed real attention to a few episodes while doing other things.
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-18_03-22-05.png (116KB, 470x204px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-18_03-22-05.png
116KB, 470x204px
>Though a bit shy and awkward at times, she has grown to embrace the wisdom she's acquired through her travels and exhibit her quality as a leader.

Someone tell Marisha please
>>
>>54382754
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>54382754

>Wisdom
>Jumps off cliffs all the time

you wot m8
>>
>>54382767
Oh god imagine if they had failed to bring her back.

>"Welcome back to Zephrah, Vox Machina! Where's our esteemed leader?"
>"Fishing accident. Sorry."
>>
>>54375788
it's okay for people to like things. You should try it some time.
>>
>>54382778

if only -__-
>>
>>54382754

wouldn't do any good she's as hard headed and stubborn as they come
>>
>>54382609

ah the percy arc still my fav arc to date even more than the conclave but this final one is getting up there
>>
>>54382609

episode 11 is their first main boss fight that is pretty intense and enthralling too
>>
>>54382863

like yes fall all over themselves just to kiss ass is sad and pathetic get a clue
>>
gonna throw this out in the ether and say that i really hope someone like telltale does a critical role game this year or next.
>>
>>54382883
I just really hate how whenever she responds to criticism about her character, she ALWAYS defends herself by saying she's role playing how her character would actually act given the circumstances, but she's too fucking stupid to realize that she's not. Then all the fans come out defending her "character development" when the only differences between her character now and in episode 1 is that she's more angsty and can cast better spells
>>
>>54374575
It's less bad than quest threads. But is something better than something else if it's just less bad and not more good?
>>
>>54382651
>>54382728
Vex starts out fucking awful, and becomes middle of the road. Vax starts out interesting, stays the same the entire time, and it gets less interesting and more annoying every episode.
>>
File: tumblr_o23hf9qPwq1tkrkt2o1_1280.png (40KB, 599x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o23hf9qPwq1tkrkt2o1_1280.png
40KB, 599x270px
>>54382916
This is from ages ago, but I still want it to happen.

https://twitter.com/obsidian/status/695688557348794368
>>
>>54382963

agreed. i've disliked marisha since her first fight with kima when she was being a raging cunt for no goddamn reason way back in single digit episodes. it's been all downhill from there so i just yell at her to stfu and then mute/ff whenever she opens her smart ass arrogant insufferable mouth.
>>
>>54383023

wouldn't mind that either but i'd like a telltale game first desu
>>
>>54382963

hate bitchcunts like her that have no problem dishing the shit out but as soon as it even starts to roll back their way they have a hissy fit and go into petulant child mode it's fuckin annoying as shit
>>
>>54383065
This is really petty, but I also fucking hate how whenever it's her turn to do something in combat she does that stupid fucking pose where she holds her arms up in front of her and then just freezes like that while her little brain tries to remember how the spell she only half-read even works
>>
>>54373562
>>54373427

It would probably be cool if there were more distinctive conflicts in his world that were past the germination state. However it's pretty obvious that Mercer wants to minimise the amount of OOC for his characters. Putting stuff in that he knows his players are obligated to react negatively towards opens up a can of worms, and in the interest of the game it's a reasonable sacrifice.

Ironically, his world is very racist - towards gnomes. No-one takes them seriously, our two proxies to the gnomish race are Scanlan and Pike who were treated like jewels rather than people for the majority of the story. Imagine if there was a human race that were treated like puppies and kittens by everyone else - it's pretty damn degrading.

>>54378913
Mercer seems more interested in getting the basics done well than to create anything overly exotic.

>>54381230
Weird statement. Obviously then has an interest, he just believes he needs training (which is reasonable). Looking forward to the possibility of him and McGlynn coming on the show again.

Maybe she'll sing a duet with Scanlan??
>>
>>54382153
Not cool to wish for people to lose their jobs, dude. Ashley's just trying to get out of the Strongopoly/Haleiarchy while she can.
>>
>>54373917

I think it's basically because of the continuity (100+ sessions) and the fact they are all voice actors, plus Matt is an amazing GM. Not to hate on other GM's, but I've watched multiple streams or listened to podcasts and rarely have I been so sucked up into a world as when Matt's the GM.
>>
>>54382916
Oh good god no.
They did well with Batman but the video-gamey "everyone takes their turn talking and waits a minute for a response" would remove almost all of the charm of a DnD campaign.
>>
>>54383558
This.

Honestly, I even tried watching Dice Camera Action because Chris Perkins is also an incredible DM. But if you think the cast of Critical Role is bad at playing the game, you haven't seen how absolutely fucking incompetent the DCA cast is. Not even Perkins' DMing can save that hot mess.
>>
>>54383767
it's unfortunate, because critical role was such great background noise for me, and now that i've finished it, instead of finding some other show i've just resigned myself to rewatching it since there's nothing else remotely close to as good
i find myself skipping a lot of scenes though, mostly marisha waxing philosophically in her low voice
>>
>>54372920
I don't care about this dumb show because 'geek chic' is a turn off for me, but what's her name?
>>
>>54381449
Ashley always looks like she's having fun for the simple fact that she just seems to really appreciate being with her friends. She really is that player that just plays to hang out, and it plays very well into Pike's character.
>>
>>54383826
No idea on name, but here's the source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/arieschainmail/
>>
>>54383533
she can do way better than that steaming pile of shit or maybe she can't either way fuck off
>>
>>54383579
first 2 seasons of walking dead are still my fav telltale games but i'm not looking for a dnd telltale game i'm looking for a critical role game like they did with game of thrones
>>
>>54383767
perkins is way too monotonous as a dm he puts me to sleep unlike mercer who keeps me engaged for the most part from start to finish
>>
>>54383807
check out their free podcasts too
>>
>>54381697
Funny, since her character has 22 wisdom. Even if she had no education, she would have the wherewithal to realize "hey wait, people kill themselves by throwing themselves off cliffs into water, this might be really dangerous"
>>
>>54381239
Eh. Emotional or mischievious Grog is pretty damn hilarious. Though that only happens when he's around Scanman or Pike
>>
>Steve Blum is dating mcglynn
Knew I could find a reason to dislike him. That woman's voice is pure sex, I bet Travis had a blast watching her verbally spar with Laura
>>
>>54382259
Lampshaded?
>>
>>54382375
>>54382343
Taliesin and Liam may be powergamey munchkins, but they're not cheating.
>>
>>54382495
Which is ironic - that's one half of the LGBTBBQROFLMAO community.
The other half would take offense if Taryon didn't suffer, because they did.
>>
>>54382496
What is Liam hung up on?
>>
>>54383444
In the words of Best Friends Play Liam:
>we can make fun of people that don't exist, it's fine. What, you gonna be a fucking jiggysnipe about this too, you fucking spag?
>>
>>54383533
What the fuck are those
>>
>>54379426
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkijcm0mhd2y29o/Critical%20Role%20Tal%27Dorei%20Campaign%20Setting.pdf?dl=0

can someone repost this or upload it again? this link is temp disabled
>>
>>54383070
>telltale
>D&d game
But I want my choices to matter Anon.
>>
>>54372920
Girl here. That looks like it would pinch.
>Inb4 post nids or gtfo
>>
By the way, what would happen if their Vecna found BOTH horns of Orcus? Would it increase his power signicantly or be just a drop in the sea?

>>54386623
Post guardsmen or gtfo
>>
>>54378113
No wonder it's got so shit.
>>
>>54382536
>a sign that said whitestone br

Yes. It's a real bridge in New York that connects Long Island to the Bronx.

I always wondered if the proposed bridge that was mentioned several times during the lead-up to the Briarwood story arc was a nod to the real Whitestone Bridge.
>>
>>54387011

Orcus is tiny baby man compared to Vecna
>>
>>54386099
This, the link is dead.
>>
>>54384608
You will quickly learn that there is no way to ever satisfy that community.

Everything is offensive to them.

Tragic past? Offensive!

Unskilled, unprepared, and in over his head? Offensive!

Jokes about being impressed with Grog's "size"? Offensive!

And yet, if he was some hyper-competent character with zero flaws, he'd be called offensive because he didn't go through any of the hardship and tragedy that so many in that community cling to like a badge of honor.

There is no way to ever please them. They will always find something to be upset about.
>>
>>54387576
What if Vecna made a gun out of the Horns of Orcus powered by dragon essence ofThordak and Raishan and guided by the eyes of K'Varn and Kevdak, would that improve his kill power?

What if it was a BIG gun?
>>
>>54387778
depends, how many gunslinger PC levels did Vecna take?
>>
>>54388181
He's Vecna, the master of secrets, so I'm gonna have to say all of them. Especially since Percy and Ripley both got their guns from dark and evil contracts, and Vecna is the dark and evil contract the gods made with man - one they are paying for dearly to this day.
>>
>>54388233
well, I guess that would give Vecna prof in Tinker's Tools then. I'll allow it, but the gun still breaks on a 1
>>
>>54379426

Mate, the link's dead.

Anybody got a reupload?
>>
>>54388340
>Final encounter.
>Near TPK, only Scanlan left.
>Cutting Words
>Vecna misfires the End Cannon
>It's his last phylactery
>World is saved by Scanlan but everyone else is dead, permanently
>He retires, and is the lone minstrel left to sing the tale of Vox Machina's sacrifice.

Good end?
>>
>>54382428
Percy really does become a lot more interesting after the Whitestone arc is finished and puts his mechanical aptitude to great use during the Westruun arc. He does a lot more as far as active contributions are concerned and starts actually interacting in meaningful ways with the rest of the party.
>>
>>54382245
ugh, that was masturbatory self indulgent bullshit. And I hate that they're perpetuating the pay gap myth to impressionable young people still.

I don't give a shit about how feminist the voice actor I hire is....

and I'm not even anti-feminist, I am an equalist, I just hate this masturbatory value signalling stuff. It would be cringe if they were doing the same sort of thing with half a dozen other topics.

It doesn't help that I already didn't particularly like that individual because he was always trying too hard to be suave or smart all the time and it just came off as insecure and trying too hard.
>>
>>54388663
100% accept this, however Grog has a ring of mind shielding and puts his consciousness into it. Scanlon finds this ring and uses it as a slide while playing the slide guitar/lute.
>>
>>54372920
>You'll never suck the milky duds of a fair chainmail covered maiden.
>>
>>54388778
>It would be cringe if they were doing the same sort of thing with half a dozen other topics.

Fair point. That they're feminists isn't a surprise in the least; they live in California and work in the entertainment industry, it's practically compulsory. It was the fact that they were using their entertainment platform for ideological purposes that rubbed me the wrong way.

As far as I can tell though, it doesn't bleed into the game itself all that much, other than that Exandria is purposefully a progressive world. That's fine, unless you're looking for a setting with a little more social strife.
>>
>>54391529
>Wanting men and women to be treated equally
>Controversial, ideological opinion.
>>
>>54381825
interesting as I find that almost completely backwards.

Zahra is probably the most useful character they've met with Kashaw a close second.
Rothfuss is next, hell of a lot of impact in the story of one character.
De Paul was alright. hope he comes back to make his character more interesting.
Perkins could've been more impactful but it was kind of a waste.
Wheaton gave a few chuckles for his inframous bad rolling but even that was more entertaining than Lyra, but her character was meant to be annoying so its alright I guess.

Heder was a mistake. he shouldn't have been invited.
>>
>>54391698
Nothing there says controversial, and it's not about equality, it's about tumblr feminism AKA gynocentricism.
>>
>>54391797
Hardwick as Gern Blanston was hilarious too
>>
>>54382671
>>54382674
these guys get it.
>>
>>54384682
he means the fact that Jennifer Hale and Tara Strong voices appear to be in -every game under the sun- when they have less than 1/5th the amount of roles as Steve Blum.
>>
>>54391830
i forgot about him and yes he was hilarious.
>>
>>54391797
>Heder was a mistake. he shouldn't have been invited.
What was wrong with his character?
>>
>>54391988
where to begin?

let's see- you put a man with a severe mental illness caused by repeated magical manipulation in a position of almost docile servitude? if Scanlan had been on the road to some kind of redemption/self-discovery, he should have put the poor man in some kind of mental institution instead.

then Heder proceeds to be Heder and everyone thinks its funny to laugh at someone who can no longer live a normal life because the actor displays the coping mechanisms of a child when they don't know how to process social cues anymore.

but that's all right, right? because it was -funny-. because Heder making a joke out of mental trauma wasn't problematic in the slightest.
>>
>>54392167
Ah, just normal SJW bullshit, alright
>>
>>54391698
You misunderstand. I do believe everyone should be treated equally.

If "Signal Boost" features someone coming on screen and talking about how women are objects and that when they say "no" to sex they're just being coy, I would feel the exact same way about it as I do now. It's masturbatory virtue signaling that I just, literally, and actually could not care less about and I resent them wasting my time.

I happen to disagree with only one thing they said, the pay gap jokes, and so it isn't even the content that I dislike. It's that it exists in the first place.

But I suppose they feel the need to spread what they believe is good values, since they are in a position where young people are listening to them, which people have done throughout history for good and ill. So it's nothing new, and I suppose some of the things they were saying were better than the alternatives, so I'm not too worked up about it I guess. If there was a fast forward option I would have clicked on it, but it's not such a big deal I suppose. They're just young people taking advantage of the platform they have. w/e.
>>
File: 1500223258064.jpg (42KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1500223258064.jpg
42KB, 501x445px
>>54392167
>Problematic
>>
>>54392271
>>54392313
mental trauma is SJW?
are you the types of folks who think PTSD isn't real?
>>
>>54391797
For someone so opposite, you sure agree with me a lot. Also Chris Hardwick was pretty funny, but I could see that accent getting a bit grating after a while, so its good that he was a one-off.
>>54391988
The guy hardly knew what the hell D&D was. It sounds like he talked to Matt for about thirty minutes with Matt doing a lot of the heavy lifting: "yeah hes a duck guy haha". Compared to Darin De Paul, he's fucking shit.
The best thing he did was punch Keyleth.
>>
>>54392326
Nothing is exempt from comedy.

>Ever try ethiopian food? Neither have they.
>My grandpa still has scars from his time in the camps, burned his hand on an oven.
>Best thing about trannies is the suicide rate.
>Why are Muslim women so snappy? Because they've never had an orgasm in their lives.

Making fun of something is never problematic.
>>
>>54383070
>wanting a telltale game over an Obsidian RPG in the world of Tal'dorei
Spotted the casual.
>>
>>54392920
Note how I said "character"? I don't give a shit about the player, what is wrong with duck boy or his roleplay?
>>
>>54392288
>Signal Boost

Signal Boost contains things the host thinks they need or want to share, so really the content depends on host to host.

The incredibly feminist Signal Boost was hosted by Ashley Johnson, who i'm also guessing is a big feminist herself despite not coming off as obnoxious about it.
>>
>>54391885
Yeah sure but there's a bigger market for male voice actors, so it's not like Steve Blum has cornered the market.
Case and point in DoW2 he voices 3 characters (at least), but hardly has the most voices in the game. Then he goes off to voice something else, and voices another 3 characters while someone else gets top billing.

Tara Strong and Jennifer Hale take the MAIN character jobs. Their male equivalent is Troy Baker, but fortunately he hasn't reached near their status yet. Any woman who can act on screen would be foolish to not hedge her bets outside of the VA scene.
>>
>>54391797
>Zahra is probably the most useful character they've met with Kashaw a close second.

They completely misused all her abilities in the sessions she played, making her 'valuable' since she was OP as shit.

>Witch Bolt dealing the full 4th or 5th level spell casting on every subsequent casting
>able to Hex multiple targets
No wonder she shit out that much damage.

I did like her RPing though. The banz with Vex were fucking great.
>>
>>54393050
A player has a lot to do with the character in Critical Role, they define a lot of what the character does or how they react to situations.
Jon Heder has a very minimal amount of awareness when he was playing Chod. So in turn, Chod was distant in a way that didn't make any amount of sense. Chod was being played the way you would play a character in the middle of a Game of Thrones RPG, without knowing anything about the source material.
He was slow, and didn't take anything seriously.
I mean, sure, heaven forbid you take anything "seriously", but compare Chod's character to Sprigg's character, whose character was infinitely more defined by the player in one episode than Chod got in two.
Darin De Paul gave a shit about the environment he was in. Jon Heder hardly realized what he was doing. As such, their characters are very much influenced by these factors.
>>
>>54392326

You need to take a fucking chill pill if you think a guy 'should not have been invited' because he made jokes. Stop being such a fucking triggered cunt, you're indeed acting exactly like an SJW would.

>problematic

Fuck's sake m8.
>>
>>54393171
>He was slow, and didn't take anything seriously.
That was his character, not how Jon Heder play, I don't remember his turns taking too much time or him doing stupid shit.
And what is wrong with having a no serious character? The whole point of his character was that he was happy to be alive and to find someone that appreciate him, and of course his character didn't give a shit about what was happened, he was only following his boss.
>>
>>54393364
Henchmen are the most boring characters imaginable. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Garthok is a good character.
Also Jon needed help all over the place, I don't know what timeline you're in.
>>
>>54392167
Anon, Heder is a comedic actor, and his particular brand of comedic skill lends towards those sorts of characters and scenarios.

They're not exploring some mental illness or manipulation into docile servitude. He was a fucking silly Bard-barian with the Totem of the Duck from the desert. He was a silly stupid character from inception.

Quit searching for problems.
>>
>>54393503
Not him, but I'll put it simply: LolRandumb characters stick out in the absolute worse way compared to the rest of the cast. Even Keyleth doing stupid shit seems reasonable compared to Chod.
>>
>>54393586

Considering it's a guest and that the guest is a comedian, it's expected that there will be a great deal of humor in the episodes that feature him.

The cast was having a blast with him, those episodes were hilarious and fun for the players, and that is ultimately all that matters.

Moments of seriousness have no purpose without moments of brevity.
>>
>>54391797

kash won the first battle royal against keyleth (who is 0-4 lol) grog (0-3 wtf) and zahra so i put him above zahra

karek is meh rothfuss is eh

heder was along with friedle one of the funniest ever on the show
>>
>>54391830

was expecting a lot more from hardwick desu at least laura got the broom from him
>>
>>54393014

fuck off
>>
>>54393073

they're all feminists but laura and marisha and even mercer can be raging cunts about it
>>
>>54393738
>>54393503
>>54393364

Guys let's be real, the most likely reason people would react this way to his character is because he showed up in an episode where not one but two of Sam's characters were in some serious business roleplay. For anyone REALLY set on taking the plot seriously, his presence would've been unbearable.

I on the other hand felt the drama was overly soapish (Scanlan apologises for flirting with Pike retroactively weakens some of the best moments in the Briarwoods arc) and having him there to offset the situation made it very bearable. He also was an important foil for Grog.
>>
>>54393962
How the fuck do you flirt retroactively
>>
oh look mercer is at it again on twitter enabling pandering and rewarding the kiss ass loser fans and the circle jerk of disgusting love and admiration continues. god fuck off with this pathetic bullshit already you wastes of air.
>>
>>54393915
I've found from the content i've seen of them they're all moderate feminists, which is totally fine.
My issue is when people call themselves feminists but are actually sexists.

But this isn't /pol/ so that's enough about that.
>>
>>54394006
>Being this mad others are happy
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>54394006
Quit trying to stigmatize generosity.
>>
>>54387576
Man, that is just not true at all.
>>
>>54394002
Not that anon, but your reading comprehension is shit.
>>
>>54394236
>>54394002

No-no, it's alright. I didn't check my verbs.
>Scanlan apologises for flirting with Pike retroactively weakens
should be
>Scanlan apologising for flirting with Pike retroactively weakens
You can't rell which verb retroactively is attached to and even if you could, two verbs in one main statement is poor grammar.

>>54394011
Key litmus test: sex. If a feminist perpetuates a narrative (regardless of charge) around sex they're most likely sexist in some way. If not it's just a civic position.

Remember, /tg/, anyone who assigns politics to love CANNOT be trusted under any circumstances.
>>
>>54377030
Do you think maybe they don't actually like him? I know at least one time Sam was about to make a joke and then stopped himself saying it was the wrong crowd to be making that kind of joke around. And at least on the show he seems less "fuck Trump" than the rest of the group.
>>
>>54394049
quit tellin me what to do and fuck off
>>
>>54394024

not mad at all nigga lol
>>
>>54394096

exactly. orcus is a god vecna is a demi god
>>
>>54373493
>>everybody's a homosexual
>True. It would make things more interesting if there was more of an unfair political system in every town
How the fuck did you go from one to the other? Homosexuality is incredibly rare, even when the people around you don't bludgeon you to death for it.
>>
>>54380693
I love Critical Role but they say about 1 radical liberal postmodernist horseshit thing an episode. Never Travis, obviously; usually Marisha. For example, in the episode where they meet Pelor she said something along the lines of, "It's good to see he understands the dangers of monoculturalism." That might just be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard and I come here every day.

They're not like the worst liberals in the world or anything, and Laura and Travis are conservative, but every now and then they say something offensively stupid. Generally, though, they try not to bring politics into it.

Actually, if Marisha wasn't there I don't think anyone would even realize what libcucks they are, but she really highlights everything, probably because she's a socially awkward millennial.
>>
>>54394762
There was one time he made a comment along the lines of "What are you, a girl!?"
And proceeded to get shit on for a while, but I dont think they actually hate him.
>>
So does anyone have a new link since >54379426 is dead?
>>
*So does anyone have a new link since >>54379426 is dead?
>>
>>54394854
Gilmore's gay, Kima and her girlfriend were gay. Didn't Matt say one of the angel kids has a crush on the other or some shit?
I'm just saying that Matt puts very little effort into the social politics of his world. Everywhere they go seems to be a paradise. It's not a world where unfair governments are the norm, or where races tend to stick to themselves (Kraghammer being the exception), or where people have to keep their sexuality to themselves.
I think he may have cleaned it up for the show, because they mention they fought the Dread Emperor, from the Book of Vile Darkness, who literally uses 4 children as human shields (and possibly sex toys)
>>
>>54394943
>It's good to see he understands the dangers of monoculturalism
It was an agricultural thing. If you only have one genus in an orchard it's more vulnerable to pests and disease
>>
>>54394762
You're aware he wore a Hillary t-shirt after they had all clearly agreed not to say who they were voting for, right? And he wore a "Science Is Not A Liberal Conspiracy" t-shirt, right? And he sidelined his character so he could play as a satire of Donald Trump, Jr., right? And half his tweets are making fun of the Trump administration, right? And he's Jewish, right?

On the political spectrum, I'd put them all into four categories. Laura and Travis seem pretty moderate, they lean right more than left; Liam and Sam are bleeding heart liberals; Matt and Taliesin are pretty far left, but they're capable of at least acting reasonable; Marisha and Ashley are batshit insane radicals.

Sam is like Liam's best friend and it's obvious that Laura, Travis and Matt think he's hilarious. Taliesin and Marisha maybe less so, but I've never seen this, for lack of a better word, animosity in the group. If Sam has any barriers, it might be that he's the oldest, so saying something like equating femininity with weakness could just be a sign of that. Or rationality, because girls are weaker than men; this isn't shouldn't be controversial.
>>
>>54373427

Not everyone, but some significant NPCs and PCs have been.

Gilmore is pretty much *the* stereotypical flamboyant homosexual, but pours on the charm for pretty much everyone.

Kima is a butch lesbian adrenaline adict who loves combat and macho shows of strength.

Allura is the somewhat stereotypical femme lesbian and seems to be traditionally lady-like.

Taryon was probably a virgin until he met up with Vox Machina, and even then quickly figured out that ladies weren't for him.

Vax at the very least had a mutual flirtation going on with Gilmore, although nothing ever came of it, and he began a relationship with Keyleth instead.

Scanlan has mostly been a shameless womanizer, but Sam keeps referencing that it isn't always women, although we've never seen any solid hints of that.

There was some mutual fangirling between Vex and Zahra, but I think it was more mutual admiration than anything else.

So there has been some significant playing around with same-sex relationships, or at the very least same-sex attraction, among the PCs and important NPCs.

>there's always some "non-standard" race like a dragonborn or something as a high-ranking official or "everyday man" barkeep.

The dragonborn on the Emon council was quite literally Matt trying to throw Orion a bone, but Orion never seemed to pick up on it.

Tofor Biterus is only a few letters off from being an anagram of "to/for Tiberius".
>>
>>54395300
Oh, hey, you're right! I learned something new today. Well, in my defense, I wasn't the person who called them SJWs. That was just a recent example of Marisha saying something that pissed me off, so I thought I'd throw it in the discussion; but it looks like it was completely unwarranted. I had no idea that was a thing.
>>
>>54395452
Laura literally began a rant comparing Raishan to Trump
>>
>>54395260
Didn't they also say that Keyleth accidentally killed one of the kids in the dumbest way possible? And she's never shown remorse for the fact that she murdered an innocent kid?

Goddammit, I hate her.
>>
>>54395452
>so he could play as a satire of Donald Trump, Jr., right?

How was it a satire of him?
>>
Pastebin'd to help make them last longer.
https://pastebin.com/SEwqAYm0
>>
>>54395497
No worries
>>
>>54395452
>spoilers
Could just say you're being sarcastic, dude.
If you're not, you seem pretty shit at reading people.
>>
>>54395533
Did she was the first to attack him and then transfer the damage to the kid? Without knowing more it is difficult to blame her because they did not know how that works
>>
>>54392167
Did you seriously notice just now that Scanlan is a possible sociopath?
>>
>>54394011
If you're a feminist in 2017, you're really just an ideologue. There's nothing to be a feminist FOR, except propaganda.

>>54395533
She used to cry about it all the time. They used to make fun of her for it and she'd get hysterical.

>>54395499
I don't remember this, but she's a female actor in California, so what do you expect?

>>54395260
Right. I'm saying, "How are faggots being everywhere a paradise?"
>>
>>54395452
>marisha and ashley are batshit insane radicals
not trying to rain on your /pol/rade or whatever but they're... really fucking tame all things considered. hell I doubt the views of anyone on the show fall outside the US' Overton window, in terms of either social or economic policy.
>>
>>54395452
Taryon was a based on Tony Stark, his parents have the same name as Tony's parents, man.
>>
>>54395452
>play as a satire of Donald Trump, Jr

That could have possibly been the initial inspiration to do so, but it very quickly developed into a real character instead of just a spiteful attempt at political satire.

Even Taryon's father who Sam seemed to want to push into being a Cartoon Villainy version of Trump, was actually a somewhat relatable character and more of a tragic character, and not the blatant villain that Sam perhaps originally wanted him to be.
>>
File: 1499273547903.png (196KB, 416x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499273547903.png
196KB, 416x400px
>>54395539
Taryon looks like Donald Trump and his father is a land baron. Maybe calling him a satire of Donald Trump, Jr. isn't accurate, but the character was made to make jokes at the Trump family's expense, at least initially. They're an amalgamation of the Trumps, Tony Stark's family and the Lannisters.

Did you miss the extremely awkward scene where Taryon talked about how his father has a dude named "the Dog" who tortures people for information?

>>54395585
>thinks Sam's friends hate him
>calls me bad at reading people

>>54395618
She tried to yank the kid from the armor with a grasping vine. It snapped his neck.
>>
>>54395491
>Tofor Biterus is only a few letters off from being an anagram of "to/for Tiberius".

This is too obvious for anyone to not notice. Anyone as obsessed with playing a mary sue-like race like dragonborn or elves will immediately react to another player - the questions is the nature of the reaction. Orion had Tiberius immediately dismiss this NPC as a "peasant", a move I've seen elven players do when they feel the special part of their snowflake status is threatened.
Notice how the group, especially Marisha, tried to get a reaction out of him for this. I think Mercer and her had it planned and she was being petulant about it not working - she doesn't really conceal very well.
>>
>>54395636
>Right. I'm saying, "How are faggots being everywhere a paradise?"
They are just related. Everyone is gay, which is one thing. But then all those gay important characters are super open about it and somehow recieve backlash for that, no shaming, no persecution, nothing like would happen at any point in time IRL in many societies, particularly around the middle ages and currentyear, the two most relevant ones that we draw expectations from. This makes it seem like they are living in a paradise without hate and corruption and bad rulers, and instead with gay people ruling fairly and justly, inclusive and fair to all who tread upon their land. It being paradise-like isn't necessarily bad, but it's not really acknowledged as such and seems inconsistent with other stuff, and because it's pretty obvious the reasons behind this being the case (inclusivity, political correctness, pandering to SJWs, it is G&S running it after all), some may dislike it just because of that.
>>
>>54395712
You already posted this, Anon.
>>
>>54395705
You're confused, I'm not the anon who thinks Sam's friends hate him. I really doubt they do, especially for political reasons.
Reminder for those too young to remember that the cast of Firefly were almost entirely what /pol/ calls leftist Whedon cucks and yet they ALWAYS got along well with Adam Baldwin.

Also you're wrong about the Trump thing and should just drop it, you're being silly.
>>
>>54395676
>Orion had Tiberius immediately dismiss this NPC as a "peasant"
It I remember right, she did not have a tail, so she was indeed a peasant.
Orion reaction was correct, of course assuming that the whole thing with the slaves was planned at that point
>>
>>54395737
I deleted the last post because I wrote unless after "to not notice".
>>
File: amon_by_desneaky-d54iy4g.jpg (224KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
amon_by_desneaky-d54iy4g.jpg
224KB, 1600x900px
>>54388778
>I am an equalist
>>
>>54395705
>Thinking someone made an entire character and played it for 20 episodes to make fun of a political figure

How detached from reality are you that anyone playing a blonde spoiled brat is MAKING FUN OF MUH PRESIDENT.

Just admit you're reaching and save yourself some face.
>>
>>54395789
They aren't reaching, Anon.
>>
>>54395781
If it was planned, it never came up until Chris Hardwick pretty much just blurted out this guest character's backstory that never came up in-game.

And even then we didn't see it fully until the cast met the Ravinites who they freed from the ancient white dragon.
>>
>>54395789
To play devil's advocate, if it feels jarring as hell, then I guess Anon has SOME reason to complain.
>>
>>54395260
There certainly are things cleaned up for the show

For example, in Episode 1 Vax was mocking his sister for sleeping with every man she sees. Nothing even remotely similar happened since
>>
>>54395705
>She tried to yank the kid from the armor with a grasping vine. It snapped his neck
And I bet she fucking complained to Matt about it, probably tried to see if she'd be allowed to make her spell do something it couldn't do
>>
>>54395736
This
>>
>>54395639
That's just the thing. The US' Overton window seems to differ from one community to the next.
>>
>>54395781
"Correct" is relative. Someone can write a character who considers himself the ambassador of a land of super-beings with a super-army and always flaunting how awesome his race is, but if you know a priori that player is a metagamer who wants to be the center of attention the claim to IC/OOC separation is moot. Orion was obviously trying to protect his uniqueness and rejected any NPC that would detract from his character out of hand, even if they were meant specifically for him to interract with.
>>
>>54395789
Sam played it that way for the first two or 3 episodes.

A rich boy with no experience of the real world. Who felt he could buy his way to fame, fortune, and glory. With a father who is a ruthless and amoral land baron.

There were some significant hints that it was meant as obvious satire of the Trumps.

But it quickly became more than that. Less of a joke character, and more of a real character.

Some obvious Iron Man references were added to the character. His sexuality and tragic previous love was added in.

It went from a spoof of Trump to just kinda being a rich pretty boy who never really had a loving family or any real friends.
>>
>>54395664
>>54395675
Yes, that's true, because Matt was probably trying to veer Sam away from it. Do you think Sam knows anything about Tony Stark? Matt actually made his dad look like Tywin Lannister from ASOIAF. You're looking at a blue blimp and saying, "It's not a blimp, it's blue."

The point was Sam wanted to go that angle. This chain of posts is about Sam's political views, remember?

>>54395639
Did you miss Ashley in one of those celebrity videos CRYING for people to vote for Hillary? On the Talks Machina after Trump won, her boyfriend ended the episode telling everyone he understands how miserable everyone feels but to not lose hope.

Also, if Marisha is tame, I'd like to see what not tame looks like. She's the exact kind of person I'd expect to see take gender studies and go waving picket signs around about things her Marxist professor brainwashed her into believing.

>>54395736
Okay, that's fair. I don't think that's really surprising, though. If you watch the show, you know Matt's a cuck.

>>54395765
I'm right, though. Laura laughed when he heard what his mother's name was and said, "Because I know what HIS mother's name was..." And he made that Mad Dog reference. You'd have to be retarded not to realize this. Are you retarded? Can I not that say word anymore? Are you intellectually special?

>>54395789
I don't give a shit about Trump, but that is exactly what that was. It evolved over time into its own gay character, but that was obviously not the original intention.

I do also think Sam was incentivized to make the character not due to any problems Scanlan was facing in-universe, but due to feeling as if he had a lack of magic items and room to attune to them, due to various comments he's made.
>>
>>54395781
Mercer obsessively over-prepares, so it probably was planned before.
Orion, I'm pretty sure, didn't think of Ravinites as slaves.
>>
>>54395894
It was part of their home game from before Geek and Sundry asked them to do Critical Role.

So we can only speculate.

That being said, I suspect that she probably did try to do something showy and creative that would be epic and look cool, but completely backfired on her.
>>
>>54395887
Remember when in episode 1 Grog and Scanlan went to a brothel? You know, like the ones that have existed throughout almost all civilization and which the idea of removing them from society Thomas Aquinas likened to attempting to clean up society by removing it's sewers? Remember how they stopped going to brothels when the show started to get popular? God, the desire for santization of media that my fellow Americans regardless of political belief share makes me sick.
>>
>>54395978
>Yes, that's true, because Matt was probably trying to veer Sam away from it. Do you think Sam knows anything about Tony Stark?
Must've at least picked it up due to his job. Also, wikipedia exists.
And I'm fairly certain during the session Matt asked Sam what the names of his parents and his sister were.
>>
>>54372920
>this is Kayleth
>>
>>54396076
That would be two of them
>>
>>54395978
That's nice, anon, but I think I speak for a number of people that we're really kinda bored by this chain of posts. Ousting people's dark jewish ((agendas)) is /pol/ territory, I'm sure there's a G&S general there or something.
>>
>>54395894
Probably. She does that all the time. I don't think it's even necessarily a bad thing. I think creativity at the table is welcomed, it just so happens that Marisha is an idiot so she's creative in all of the wrong ways. You can see this whenever she tries to bend something her way and Matt allows it, and the look on everyone else's faces is surprise or confusion. Pretty much immediately after she does anything, Sam, Laura or Travis sigh or snap a look at everyone.

>>54395887
I think he was just talking about her winking at and flirting with guys to get stuff.

>>54396100
No need to be such a baby. Someone asked if they thought the others disliked Sam for not being as much of a liberal as them, so I pointed out how he's been the most outspoken liberal of the whole group. That's all. Don't like it, don't respond -- I can't respond to no one.
>>
>>54396038
They still talk about "houses of lady favors", but it tends to happen off screen more and more. The last time I remember it specifically being mentioned was when they all hired some prostitutes to help cheer up Grog after his loss in the gladiator fight in Vasselheim. He had a "poor performance" there as well if I remember correctly.

Other than that, recently Pike jokingly implied that she goes to brothels whenever she gets left behind.
>>
>>54395926
fair, but insofar as a unified national one exists I think they all fall within it

>>54395978
>did you miss ashley in one of those celebrity videos crying for people to vote for hillary?
didn't know about that, but it doesn't change the point I was trying to make (which I admittedly didn't spell out clearly). As far as what I've seen from them on the show is concerned, they've done remarkably well at not inserting real-world politics into their role-playing or OOC comments (sporadic instances such as Sam w/ the Hillary shirt notwithstanding).
>>
>>54394813
What's Vecna's endgame normally? Just becoming a god? Campaign seems to have run out of personal enemies and it's suffering for it, would be a shame if it went out with a BBEG whose motivations are completely perpendicular to our party.
>>
>>54396262
Become a god, possibly destroy other gods, possibly remake the way the universe works (aka, change editions)
>>
>>54396262
It's kind of bullshit, from what I've read Vecna is a god. Guess Matt just wanted to do it differently for his campaign
>>
>>54396215
Half of America also voted for globalism. Just because (((((someone))))) thinks your political views are "reasonable" doesn't mean they actually are.

>As far as what I've seen from them on the show is concerned, they've done remarkably well at not inserting real-world politics into their role-playing or OOC comments
No, no, that's absolutely true. I was just saying what they are. I wouldn't still watch them if they did that.

>>54396262
He's going to build a wall.
>>
>>54396291
Depends on the edition. I think he's a full-blown god since 3E, before that he was a lich and a god-in-making
>>
>>54396286
They've already changed editions twice though, if that's all he's threatening them with it's not a lot. I guess Vax and Pike would be troubled if their deties died, though.
>>
>>54396262
As I understand it Vecna's life-(and undeath-) long obsession was with building a great empire and becoming immortal.

Becoming a lich was a pretty major step on the road to immortality, but after the betrayal of his right hand man (get it?) he saw the imperfections in that and began the work of ascending to godhood, which we can infer by the way he appeared in the list of gods in third edition that he succeeded sometime between second and third edition D&D.
>>
>>54396318
ah alright, I misinterpreted what you were getting at, then, my bad.
>>
>>54396262
I think at the very least the Briarwood connection is enough of a connection point for the characters to care about Vecna.

Becoming a god of undeath and laying waste to all of creation with the actual gods of the setting powerless to directly intervene, that should be a relying cry for all the heroes in the land, not just our intrepid party.

What they need is an allied force to combat Vecna. But most of the world is still recovering from the Dragon attacks from the year before.
>>
>>54396377
>relying cry

*rallying cry
>>
>>54396419
Existential threats the the Gods themselves ought to be a reliable rallying cry, don't you think?
>>
>>54396377
>>54396332
Alright, he's a god and he's been building Ziggurats with some form of Spheres of Annihilation where he conducts some kind of rituals.
How would Vecna, the master of secrets and undeath, go about laying waste to the realms and what preparations should he make to face Vox Machina again, ensuring his plan doesn't fail?
Could it potentially involve Orcus?
>>
>>54396434
Yes. It should be.

But with all of the main continent, plus Draconia, still recovering from the Chroma Conclave, I'd imagine that it might be a bit difficult to rally the Allied Forces once again to combat yet another threat roughly a year after most of civilization collapsed from multiple dragon attacks.
>>
>>54396484
>How would Vecna, the master of secrets and undeath, go about laying waste to the realms and what preparations should he make to face Vox Machina again, ensuring his plan doesn't fail?
Honestly he should scry on them and teleport to their location with a group of cultists when they've already expended their highest level (and thus travel) spells and kill them all stone dead.

That won't happen, though, because there's no brakes on Mercer's Monty Haul.

He doesn't want to destroy the world, he just wants to become a God not constrained by the Divine Gate and then use his newfound unchecked divine power to rule it as an immortal sorcerous god king.
>>
>>54396484
I'm not entirely caught up but aren't those ziggurats actually ancient temples of Ioun?
>>
>>54396582
Alright, alright, alright, be honest, when was the last time you played a DnD campaign and the DM had the BBEG teleport behind your party when they were unprepared, gore them, and go "nothin personell kid"?
>>
>>54396589
Yes, and the impression is that they were Ioun's focal points for creating the Divine Gate to protect the prime material from any more devastatingly unchecked godly wars like the ones referenced often in the setting's past.

I'd imagine he intends to piggyback on the lingering energies of her holy sites to catapult himself to divinity in some manner.

>>54396629
Only once a year or two ago.
>>
>>54396668
Stan, didn't we establish he's already a god?
>>
>>54372861
Already asked this in /5eg/ with no response

Have any of you tried the gunslinger Homebrew that Mercer made in your game? A friend wants to run it and idk if it's balanced or not. I've heard it's OP.
>>
>>54396819
Not in the Critical Role canon you dork.
>>
>>54396854
depends on the level
>>
>>54396911
Campaign starts at 3, will probably run to ~12.
>>
>>54396907
Don't be mean to me ou meanie, mean boys go to hell when they die and a red mad man cuts them with a fork so that they cry.
>>
>>54396984
Sorry Ralph.
>>
>>54396854
Change Grit so you can't get it during combat, only in a short or long rest, and consider reworking Trick Shot
>>
>>54372861
Does any one else wish Vax would hold his action more? Those boots are perfect for a rogue like him.
>>
>>54397654
I wish his player would hold his fucking head underwater. Keyleth's too.
>>
>>54397740
I would not wish death upon random people for a game, but I do wish Keyleth would use her spells a lot better.
Also, Percy could stand to violent shot more often.
>>
>>54395491
I love how the only real difference, stereotype-wise, between Taryon and GLORIOUS GILMORE is that Gilmore can already hold his own and Taryon is inexperienced, and somehow that makes himself a harmful stereotype
>>
>>54397789
I think he just gets scared of the reduction to his attack rolls
>>
>>54397839
Didn't Matt cry in a Q&A because SJW fans flipped out over Taryon being gay?
>>
>>54397872
Yeah. It was gay as shit.
>>
>>54397871
https://www.critrolestats.com/blog/2017/6/12/maximum-damage-update

It's not a reduction to attack rolls is an increase on his misfire score.

His main gun Animus has a misfire score of 2 it becomes 4 if he violent shots.
He could be doing some pretty crazy damage if he was not nerfing himself.
>>
>>54397931
ah fuck you're right, I knew it was one of the two and guessed wrong. point still stands, tho.
>>
>>54397872
I fucking need to see this, link me up. It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so thin skinned while being adults.
>>
>>54397951
I guess... He just rolls really well and has only used this feature 2 times in the entire 100+ episodes.
>>
>>54397970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCBfJBf-t2Y#t=1h20m07s
>>
>>54398024
Begins around an hour 20 in. But for the full effect watch the whole thing, I wonder if the guy can't handle his alcohol cos he finishes one glass and progressively starts telling more and more personal stories until he ends up crying over the Taryon thing
>>
>>54398132
It should jump to the time if you copy the link, doesn't seem to work in embed.
>>
>>54398024
>I'm sorry if that's not the representation of your story that you wanted seen
Fucking grow a pair Matt. No one is entitled to "representation". It's such a petty 1st world problem in which idiots who have been told all their lives that they're important and special have childish tantrums because the people they see in the entertainment they consume don't resemble them well enough. No one is entitled to representation. And particularly in a fucking web show where you're just playing D&D with your friends, you shouldn't give a flying fuck about whether or not you're doing the right thing with character backstory and development.
>>
>>54398024
>gay uncle
>got AIDs
And if you created a character like this in your story the left would accuse you of stereotyping
>>
>>54398024
That's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be. He's still a fucking limp-wristed idiot for thinking he and his players need to have the right "representation" and all that shit, but the part he actually gets weepy about is his uncle getting HIV, which is a much more reasonable thing to get emotional about than a character in your campaign.
>>
>>54397654
Percy: Takes Shots
Vax: Move + Hasted Attack (Sneak Attack) + Bonus Action Attack. Holds Action to attack when ally gets close to X creature.
Vex: Trinket gets close to creature takes a shot + Bite
Vax: Attacks (Sneak Attack)
>>
>>54398252
This isn't the comments section, he doesn't know you're addressing him.
>>
Finally watching 105, this guest is fucking incredible, he's so good with his character but at the same time seems to know about the game and the setting all without breaking character how badly does Keyleth ruin it?
>>
>>54398569
she spergs out pretty badly but the guest is so amazing he salvages it
also he's a big fan and has watched every episode so he knows what's going on
>>
>>54398569
He's so amazing that even when Keyleth fucks things up he turns it into a character development moment.
The days when Marisha plays a beatstick that doesn't waste everyone's time by fiddling with her spells she doesn't understand or trying to do something bullshit and failing can't come soon enough.
>>
>>54398588
Is there a name for the type of player Keyleth is? I feel like "DM's girlfriend" isn't good enough, because she's also prone to huge fucking rants about morality and responsibility in between killing kids, jumping off 1000ft cliffs, and abandoning her people for a year to get tattoos and open a bakery
>>
>>54398637
And don't forget being an open enemy of pragmatism.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop from when she completely fucked up Percy's negotiations with The Clasp but because of the aforementioned DM's Girlfriend thing I expect Matt will probably just let it slide that Vox Machina had the opportunity to save thousands more people from the Chroma Conclave but fucked it up because some druid from outside civilisation didn't want to owe a thieves' guild a favour.
>>
>>54398690
And almost causing a TPK by instigating the Raishan fight immediately after the Thordak fight
>>
>>54398690
you're making me think of all the times she would push a succeeding negotiation or persuasion attempt with a druidcraft or gust cantrip or some other deception
>>
>>54398785
>gust cantrip
fucking CHRIST i've gotten sick of her trying to overuse that thing. like Matt should really just rename it "breeze"
>>
>>54398805
>"alright we're gonna give him this box with a magical shard in it"
>"AND I DO A GUST CANTRIP TO MAKE IT GO ALL WOOSH WHEN HE OPENS IT
does she think everything magical has a breeze around it
dumb tranny looking fuck
>>
>>54398805
But don't you see, due to her entirely original idea of tribes that specialise in controlling 1 of 4 elements, she must use her favoured element whenever humanly possible
>>
>>54398785
Matt is far too lenient with druidcraft
When they were at that ziggurat in Market she literally said
>I druidcraft a pebble!
Where the fuck did she get that from? Druidcraft doesn't even make flowers or anything it just causes them to blossom, yet she's been allowed to create flowers and shit. Oh and even more recently
>can I druidcraft some spiderwebs into hammocks?
>>
>>54398870
>specialise in controlling 1 of 4 elements
Number of times turned into fire elemental: Lost count
Number of times turned into earth elemental: Lost count
Number of times turned into water elemental: You know, a few. She likes using it to completely wreck fire creatures.
Number of times turned into air elemental: There was that one time ages ago on the airship when they fought those wyvern riders? I think?
>>
>>54398921
>lmao let me turn fire elemental in this wooden building
>wtf why is everything on fire?
>>
>>54398942
But don't you GET IT anon, she was ANGERY because her BEST FRIEND is in love!
>>
>>54398960
We can't exclusively shit on Keyleth though, I've lost track of the times Percy has decided there must be something more to what they've been told or can see and just flat out tells guests or Matt that he doesn't believe them, asks them more questions and they just have to fucking repeat themselves because there's nothing more to say
Watching him do it with this guest, saying he doesn't believe it was just him and the imp that devised all the traps and asks what more there is to tell when there blatantly isn't anything else to fucking say
>>
>>54398997
Sure, the others have flaws but i'm an insecure manchild misogynist so i'm more comfortable heaping criticism on the "Differently Intelligent" Marisha.
>>
>>54399053
>differently intelligent
Ya know she's er... she can... she's capable of... um... well have you seen her druidcraft? A wonder to behold!
>>
>>54398997
it's funny to see them become to jaded to every single npc after being betrayed so many times
>>
>>54399076
>>54399053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0aljC1MjI
It seems like she used this as her basis for Keyleth
Right on down to qualifying a one night stand as "not counting"
>>
>>54399095
>Not a Working Girl
>Working Girl
Do they mean whore?
>>
>>54399136
Yes.
>>
>>54399136
Obviously.
>>
>>54398435
This, he's crying because he's expressing his loss for his uncle and how much it's impacted his life. Does it suck when you try to be respectful but are still given shit for it? Absolutely, but you can't please everyone,
>>
>>54399167
Sure but on some level o feel like he thinks he's somehow dosrespecting the memory of his uncle by not creating a character some random faggots on the Internet approve of
>>
>>54399208
Really it's he feels he disrespected a clade of people that he has nothing but support for, which he developed from his experiences with his uncle.
>>
>>54399208
Probably. Seems like one of those terminally-nice folk who do want to please everyone, including the emerging class of people who draw sustenance from having people pander to them by being unable to please.
>>
>>54398960
Omg guys Keyleth really understands this mad little gnome, not like you mere peasants, I Keyleth have decoded meaning that mortals could not dream of, and it has had a profound effect on me, KEYLETH. IM DATING THE DM, THIS IS MY SHOW
>>
you're welcome ya cheap ass bastards lol

in all seriousness though i wouldn't pay for this guide either it's not that great and certainly not worth as much as it's going for

https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/Third%20party/Critical%20Role/Tal%27Dorei%20Campaign%20Setting.pdf
>>
>>54399358
Geek and Sundry police kick in your door, roll initiative
>>
>>54394943

laura....conservative....can....not....compute....

that bitch is always on about something lol
>>
>>54395260

allura is bi as evidenced by her attraction to the late tiberius you ignorant fuck
>>
>>54399402
I'll fuck your ignorance
>>
>>54395452

sigh. liam is the oldest then sam. marisha's dumb ass is the youngest.
>>
>>54399402
Not to mention that she and Drake totally boned
>>
>>54395533

she has in her own raging cunt woe is me ways
>>
>>54399402
>her attraction to the late tiberius
You mean the mono-directional flirting that she never reciprocated, and then blatantly made clear she was with Kima to get him off her tits?
>>
>>54395491

it's tofor brotorus you dumb ass lol
>>
>>54399358
>has to change all the gods names because copyrighht
>can still somehow name Graz'zt
Thread posts: 396
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.