[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Game General /bgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: bgg.jpg (228KB, 528x768px) Image search: [Google]
bgg.jpg
228KB, 528x768px
Previously: >>54293823

Pastebin:
>http://pastebin.com/NA2W929q

Let's mine some salt: what game have you played that you absolutley HATE? Bonus points if it's not Monopoly or Munchkin.
>>
>>54367307
You are looking at Chaosmos, a competitive deduction game where they decided they wanted their aliens to be REALLY alien
>>
>>54368315
Descent 2nd edition.
>>
>>54368315
Unpopular opinion incoming: I hate Ticket to Ride. Gameplay is stale and boring as most turns are "I draw two cards" while you wait until you get that one card you need to claim a route. Sure, you have a little player agency by deciding what destination tickets you want but TtR suffers from the same problem as Catan: you form a game plan and strategy and then hope you get lucky.

That said, I don't think TtR is a bad game. It's a solid intro game that's good for beginners and does a lot of things well. I would just rather stick my dick in a blender than play it again
>>
>>54368609
The different maps actually have very different gameplay experiences. (Not surprising as it's an area control game at the heart.) What player count did you play and what map?
>>
File: IMG_1037.jpg (232KB, 400x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1037.jpg
232KB, 400x607px
>>54368543
What why's anon? Are you a boring person?
>>
>>54368315

>Game you hate

Zombies!!! man, it's so fucking terrible. I cant believe they made that many expansions for such a terrible fucking game.

>>54368739

Unlike that anon, I wouldnt say I "hate" Descent 2.0, but I find it incredibly meh. Too much racing, not enough dungeon delving.
>>
>>54368729
I've played America and Europe with 5-6. I liked Europe more since the train stations gave you a little more flexibility to build but it still fell flat for me
>>
>>54366077
There's a thread up already
>>
>>54368315
I don't think I've ever played a game I hate. Most likely because I'm the only person in my group that actually buys games, and I don't buy anything I'm not reasonably sure I'll enjoy. That being said I'm toeing the line for hating Fury of Dracula. Like a 5/10. It's okay, it works, but I don't like it.

OPINIONS FOLLOW:

Despite each turn being a small choice of where to go there's a lot of downtime between phases as the hunters have to discuss, decide, and re-think every step they've made in order to corner Dracula, which can be extremely easy or difficult to depending on the assist cards you/BIG D draw. Dr. D can spend a LONG time just staring at the other players as they argue about where and when.

The combat in intriguing, but only happens two, maybe three times a game, and lasts for all of a hot minute each time as Double Ds is typically trying to escape ASAP.

Additionally the first four or five turns are practically wrote if you want a good chance of succeeding. Mina Jovavich and a tag-a-long have to spend their first hunk of the game just popping across borders to get that bat-dar to ping, while the others would patrol further out chokepoints until Mina-bo-bina calls for the Avengers to assemble. I would much rather have Smackula just set up four or so spots on his trail and then announce which section he's in and give the hunters a few cards each, just to skip that painfully boring, repetitious beginning.

And speaking of the hunter cards, I think there should be a progression as opposed to just the whole fat stack being randomized. The 'make durkadur reveal the (4th/5th I forget) spot in his trail' should come out early while the 'pick X city, Dubs has to reveal that card' should be a late game card, because A is useless in the late game and B is all but useless in the early game. (And guess what? NO SAVING THEM FOR LATER, GOTTA USE THEM NOW FUCKBOI) As well as some of the negative hunter cards are massively debilitating early game.

post limit
>>
>>54369224
I'd delete this one, but it's too old. In the future, if you make a new thread and the old one is still alive, post a forward link in it, okay other op? In exchange I'll be sure to at least make a perfunctory check of the Catalog. Saves us all some hassle/embarrassment.
>>
>>54368315
I hate dead of winter. I hate it. It takes hours to play, it's hideously slow, and some of the scenarios are fucking impossible even without a betrayer. Search an entire stack of cards and empty it out? Fine. Do it to three stacks? Fuck you game. Fuck you
>>
File: Sequence.jpg (213KB, 1578x558px) Image search: [Google]
Sequence.jpg
213KB, 1578x558px
Has anyone ever played board games in thematic sequence, stringing them together in a 'campaign' of sorts, even if the mechanics are disconnected?

I picked up Planetarium and Sol: Last Days of a Star on Kickstarter, and I thought playing the two together could be an interesting double feature, one game about the formation of a solar system, one about fleeing it's inevitable demise.

Have you paired any games like that, or created longer sequences? Any games you'd recommend as in theme with Planetarium and Sol, since there's a pretty large gap between them? Could you tell some sort of complete history of life on earth and the solar system as a whole in board game form, and if so what games would you use for each stage?
>>
>>54368739
Any game that's more about who has read most errata and finds the newest loophole is very bad to me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.