[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 31

>Unearthed Arcana: Greyhawk Initiative
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>54306352

What's your favorite DnD villain, region/kingdom/location, spell, and magical item?
>>
File: sharn.jpg (955KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sharn.jpg
955KB, 1920x1080px
>>54312481
>What's your favorite DnD villain,
Eberron rakshasas.

>region/kingdom/location,
Sharn in Breland, Eberron.

>spell,
Grease!

>and magical item?
I have a huge soft spot for the bag of tricks.
>>
What's your favorite homebrew?

Race, class, deity, spell, whatever.
>>
>>54312552
The Tarocchi, followed by the ones I make myself
>>
>>54312447
66%? That's just wrong. Sorlock can match the fighter's damage, and even exceed it.

Just for example, lets compare a level 5 V.Human fighter and a Sorlock.

Fighter has 16 dex if you use point buy. Attacks three times dealing 16.5 (3.5+3+10) damage, for a total of 49.5.

Sorlock can afford 18 Cha, and shoots 4 EB bolts dealing 13 (5.5 + 4 + 3.5hex) damage, for a total of 52.

The gap only grows as levels get higher, as fighter gets one extra attack at 11th/17th level whereas Sorlock gets two extra bolts each time.
>>
>>54312520
Does anyone have Eberron books? This seems pretty neat.
>>
File: Warduke.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Warduke.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>>54312481
>What's your favorite DnD villain
Warduke. 'Nuff said.
>>
>>54312609
https://dnd.rem.uz/3.5%20D%26D%20Books/Eberron%20Setting/

Start with Eberron Campaign Setting and branch out from there. Five Nations is really in-depth, as is Sharn, City of Towers. Secrets of Sarlona and Xen'drik cover the respective continents, Races of Eberron is great for players in terms of fluff, and Forge of War covers the Last War that the setting is set after.
>>
>>54312607
you forgot to add battle master damage dice
>>
>>54312607
Sorlock won't have 18 CHA, it's Warlock 2/Sorcerer 3 so no ASI.
Still, so far it's more damage because Fighter has -3 to hit compared to Sorlock.
But if we're taking quicken into account, we should be considering Precision Attack as well. I'm pretty sure fighter comes out on top, but we'd need to make a proper chart considering enemy AC, how much average damage precision attack adds and stuff
>>
>>54312663
Not sure it's relevant in this situation. Level 5 fighter would only have 4 dice, and three attacks would basically expend his pool. If that's the way we're gonna do this he might as well use action surge too
>>
>>54312698
i think it's only fair, seeing as how the Sorlock is spending resources.
>>
>>54312607
The sorcerer has 6 level 1 spell slots and 2 level 2 spell slots.
Hex is a bonus action, quickening is a bonus action and reapplying hex is a bonus action. It's easier to, instead of suggesting applying hex, just convert it all into points.
That gives you 13 sorcery points + 2 every short rest. Enough for 6 turns of quickening.

So, you get 6 turns of 2d10+8 + 2d10+8 for 38 damage average.
The fighter puts out 3d6+39 without resources at -4 to hit, 49.5.

Now, the disparity in damage is heavily dependent on target AC which may force the fighter to stop using +10 damage, but...

In an adventuring day, you may be expected to have perhaps 20 rounds of combat. With two short rests a day, the sorcerer is only making 8 rounds of quickened blasts, and that's assuming they have enough bonus actions to convert the spell points as they use them considering they can only fire ONE quickened blast at level 5 before they have to start using bonus actions to make more sorcery points.

And then the fighter has resources too. Action surge every short rest and four superiority dice every short rest. That's three rounds of two extra attacks (average 33 at -4 to hit each) for the fighter and 12 rounds where they can add.. They start with d6s, don't they? Or was it d8s? To their damage if they do it once per turn.

It all depends on adventuring day length and target AC, really. If you assume sorcerers have infinite bonus actions and limitless resources, then maybe.
>>
>>54312698
A fighter with GWM/SS spends his dice only when he misses by a small margin, using Precision Attack to practically guarantee a hit. This is a huge damage boost.
>>
>>54312663
>>54312675
Well regardless Sorlock only gets better as time goes on.
At level 11, Sharpshooter Fighter attacks 4 times dealing 18.5 damage (3.5+5+10) for a total of 74.

Sorlock fires 6 bolts dealing 14 damage (5.5 + 5 + 3.5hex) for a total of 84.

Fighter has 5 superiority dice at that level, and even if he cheated and got to use 1 die for free every turn, he still wouldn't do as much damage.
>>
>>54312729
>>54312607
Oh, and also the sorcerer is more prone to getting disadvantage considering they can't fire within 5ft of an enemy, whereas a fighter can walk right up to a prone enemy and get advantage if they want. But then it gets more confusing with 'well maybe the sorlock should get devil's sight and use darkness before combat' and things get even harder and harder to model.
>>
>>54312552
Old DM of mine before I moved made a homebrew conversion of the Sha'ir as a Bardic College. Good Shit. If I can find it I'll share it, but don't get your hopes up. Inb4 homebrew is all shit anyway.
>>
>>54312766
He would. Put this on a spreadsheet with to hit and enemy AC, consider Precision Attack is reliably turning a near miss into a hit, add action surge 2-3 times a day. I guarantee Fighter comes up on top.
>>
>>54312710
A sorcerer can have WAY more sorcerery points than fighter has superiority dice. It's not a fair comparison in any way.
>>
>>54312729
>making extra sorcerery points during combat
Never go full retard anon
>>
>>54312481
Trove is down.
>>
>>54312833
>Trying to outdamage a fighter
>End of the first round of combat
>Oh no can we stop the combat for a bit? I need to convert slots to make more sorcery points again
>>
>>54312819
Superiority dice recharges on a short rest so it's essentially 3x the value, while the sorlock only gets 2 lv1 slots from the warlock.
And when the sorcery points end, the fighter is still dealing absurd damage while the sorlock's dps is cut by half.
>>
>>54312819
it doesn't really matter how many they get, at the end of the day, if both have "enough" for the combat, fighter pulls ahead.
>>
>>54312481

>>Villain
Vecna. For flipping the table on the railroading Sanitized for your protection Ed Greenwood blowing shitshow that 2nd Edition became

>>Region
Zilargo. The only time Gnomes weren't made retarded comic relief

>>Kingdom
Rokugen. It made a terrible version of L5R but was the best version of Oriental Adventures. Sorry Greyhawk

>>Location
The entire plane of Acheron. A plane of endless war and every kind of weapon available. Its like a less Viking more Death Metal Valhalla

>>Spell
Otilukes resilient sphere. Save or suck if you need it or personal sphere of force. Its been good to me across multiple editions

>>Magical item
Wand of Wonder. I've always loved these things especially when I got ahold of the Encyclopedia Magica and was able to use all the variant tables ever printed
>>
>tfw have more character concepts than campaigns to play
Stupid overactive brain.
>>
>>54312867
I feel your pain.
>>
>>54312867

Give it time. After nearly three years of play at three tables, I've managed to get through my priority character concepts. Now I'm down to the less interesting character concepts to work with, and it doesn't feel that pressing any more.
>>
>>54312800
>Sha'ir
>Bard
But why?
>>
Why are Half-Orc Champions the coolest characters?
>>
>>54312867

I want to play in a good game but everyone in my circle that has tried their hand at DM'ing has proven to be god awful at it.
>>
>>54312867
I know this feeling.
currently in a campaign and already craving to play a fuckton of other settings, as well as just host my own.
>>
>>54312902

Because your standards are very low
>>
>>54312833
>>54312855
Nice doubles. Sorcerer cucked again.
I never even paid attention to that part of the rules. So a Sorlock 5 can only have 3 sorcery points at a time and has to quicken round one, convert slots round 2. Thank god.
I was almost making that spreadsheet to show that SS fighter would still outdamage sorlock.
>>
>>54312902
Add some levels of Bear Totem and you got quite the statement there, friendo.
>>
>>54312902
(Half-)Elf Barbarian 2/Champion 15 with Elven Accuracy feat has almost 40% crit chance. Sucks to be ya, Half-Nigger.
>>
>>54312855
I don't know where you're getting this whole "quicken spell once and you're spent". A level 3 sorcerer would have three sorcerery points, allowing him to throw out three EBs before he has to recharge. Obviously at only level 3 your max sorcery point cap is a little restricted, but once you get a few more levels it will be highly unlikely that you expend your entire sorcery point pool in a single encounter. Then inbetween encounters you sacrifice some spell slots to top yourself off for the next one.
>>
>>54312766
You cannot quicken EB once it splits into more than one beam.
>>
>>54312963
Nah m8, that's with twinned spell.
>>
>>54312957
Quick costs 2 sorcery points. I'm so sorry, anon.
>>
>>54312940
>>54312855
WAIT, hold on.

...I am a retard who can't read. I concede defeat. Sorcerer blows. Where is the nearest fighter so I can give him a blowjob
>>
>>54312957
>allowing him to throw out three EBs before he has to recharge.
Quickening a spell is 2 sorcery points, even for a cantrip.
The sorcerer can only quicken a spell once as a level 3 sorcerer.

>but once you get a few more levels it will be highly unlikely that you expend your entire sorcery point pool in a single encounter.
This isn't wrong. Sorlock does pick up later in levels, though by the later levels it starts to become 'why don't you just become a wizard? You'll be able to break the game soon.'

Sorlock is definitely better than sorcerer or warlock and definitely a match for a fighter, but they won't outdo the fighter in raw damage. They'll do better at the fact they have spells to use when they're not blasting and repel spam beyond what a battlemaster can repel.

>>54312989
Low level sorlocks blow.
>>
>>54312989
its only a bonus action to convert? /s?
>>
>>54312989
Fighter here. I'd accept a twinned haste instead.
>>
>>54312970
oops my bad! you're riug
>>
Dubs names my Rock Gnome BeastmasterRanger 3/EldritchKnightFighter x

He rides a pteradon and uses a lance.
>>
>>54312883
IIRC because IRL Sha'ir were poets/philosophers among the pre-islam arabs, and because getting spells from other classes is already a bard thing.

Also because everyone else making Sha'ir conversions at the time were making it a Genie patron for Warlocks, which is backwards. Sha'ir make genies work for them, not the other way around.
>>
>>54312940
You need Warlock 2 / Sorcerer 6 before Sorlock has the SP pool to last a whole fight.

But it keeps up with Fighter no problems at 11 which is when it counts. Pre-eleven Barbarians and even Rangers outdamage Fighter.
>>
>>54313021
Gaia the Dinosaur Champion
>>
>>54313016
Yes master
>>
>>54313021
Jimmy

no last name, just Jimmy
>>
>>54313026
>Rangers doing even a single point of damage
Prove it.
>>
>>54312914
Luckily I found a group that has 3-4 experienced GMs that have a character show up in someone else's campaign from time to time. We have the one campaign, as well as a couple of one-shots.
>>
>>54313021
Karl Brassnuts
>>
>>54313026
>at 11 which is when it counts
lol

>Barbarians
But they're melee though, taking loads of damage up the ass. A Paladin would do more damage as well, but I thought we were talking ranged.

>Rangers
I really doubt it. Care to show me what you're based on?
>>
>>54313075
Level 8. Same weapon, same feats, same number of attacks.

Fighters get +2 to their combat stat.
Rangers get either Colossus Slayer or Horde Breaker and optionally Favored Enemy.
>>
>>54313021
Billy-bob the Crimson Scourge
>>
>>54313021
Jacobus Skyfool
>>
>>54313136
Rangers don't get archery fighting style or precision attack so they really don't make better sharpshooter users...
And that extra +2 to dex is kinda a big deal when you have to deal with a constant -5 to hit
>>
>>54313021
Harold Richard Masterson III
>>
>>54312481
How would one go about making dual wielding as good an option as great weapon master?
>>
>>54313172
Wait hold on I'm a humongous retard, Rangers definitely do get a fighting style

Sorry I'm tired
>>
So, I only have enough cash right now to purchase either the Dungeon Masters Guide or the Monster Manual. I have the PHB and Curse of Strahd and begin playing this sunday, wich do I buy?
>>
>>54313021
Biggus
>>
>>54313188
Impossible outside of homebrew.

The entire shtick of dual wielding is the extra bonus action attack, but 2h users can just pick up PAM and get it too.

Kinda sad how a handful of feats are singlehandedly shaping the meta for all Martial characters.
>>
>>54313206
The Monster Manual. You'll need those stat blocks for CoS.
>>
>>54313209
Biggus Pingas
>>
>>54313021
Bilbo Baggins the Second
>>
>>54313233
Chicken Dinner.
>>
File: 1448514986247.jpg (33KB, 588x427px) Image search: [Google]
1448514986247.jpg
33KB, 588x427px
>>54313233
Well that's that
>>
>>54313233
Fuck.
>>
>>54313136
Fighter turns near misses into hits with Precision Attack, this is quite some damage. I didn't do the maths, but I think it's pretty much equivalent to an additional +2~3 to hit.
He can also Action Surge for more damage.
But Colossus Slayer and Horde Breaker are pretty good.
Yeah, I think Fighter has the upper hand in shorter fights because of action surge, but Ranger definitely edges out as turns passes.
>>
>>54313188
Dual wielding lances on a Warhorse is pretty fun. Not as high damage as GWM+PAM cheese festival but still fun.
>>
>>54313221
Thanks!

Also, I have a guy wanting to play a Ranger Beastmaster, but I've been hearing it's a literal shit-tier subclass.

Should I use the UA Revised Ranger Beast Conclave instead?
Should I use only the subclass and it's feats or should I use the whole revised class?
>>
>>54313218
Okay. Lets say I'm willing to homebrew.

Goal: Bring all the combat styles roughly in line (power wise) with Shield Master.

Nerf GWM/PAM/SS.
Buff Dual Wielder up to Shield Master.

What would I need to change to do so?

(Because frankly, if I can't balance this shit via homebrew in the next week before they start building characters, I am heavily leaning towards just banning the main combat feats, and I'm sure my players will whine about that.)

So, How do we go about bringing the combat styles more in-line with eachother, power-wise?

In a previous thread, it was suggested:

GWM is -5/+7
PAM is only OAs, and drop the extra attack.

How do we bring the others inline?
>>
>>54313332
Revised ranger, full class.
>>
>>54313333
>nerf martials
>instead of bringing shit options up to par with the holy trio
Caster detected. Wasted quads.
>>
>>54313303
Can someone explain to me what makes GWM and PAM good? 1d4 doesn't seem like a lot.
>>
>>54313333
Just ban GWM and SS and literally everything will work itself out

WIth just that change dual lances will be the most damaging option. So you'd succeed on making dual wield viable, and making the Dual Wielder feat important.
>>
>>54313374
The damage die itself is less relevant than the modifiers.
>>
File: Sane_Magical_Prices.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Sane_Magical_Prices.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
Has anyone used these magic item prices before?
>>
>>54313374
1d4, plus your strength mod, plus 10 damage from GWM. So in reality it only deals 3 less damage than your main attack.
>>
>>54312481
>DnD villain
Honestly I find premade villans hard for me to appreciate, I guess Strahd would have to take the cake even though I'm not huge on CoS.

>region/kingdom/location
Cormyr. By far. Something about the land of Knights and Wizards with a powerful milatary and common magic appeals to me.

>spell
Call Lightning. It may not be good but holy shit is it fun.

>magical item
That one's tough. I've always had a love for Cloaks of Elvenkind though.
>>
>>54313333
>>54313360
It's not about nerfing martials, it's about balancing feats.

I want the middle tier feats to actually be viable.

This is particularly relevant because the players will actually *GET* feats before level 16.

Players wanted to actually experience feats, so I'm making the ASI portion (up to 8) automatic, rather than buy in, and at 1/4/8/12/16/19 they will be choosing a feat.

Also, where feats are "optional" the power boost from the core fighting style feats is not meant to be a mandatory feat tax on martials.

If I'm not gonna nerf PAM/GWM/SS, then the other fighting styles need to be boosted up to that level, and they shouldn't be competing with the normal feats, because that's no choice at all.
>>
>>54313333
>GWM is -5/+7
Now it's only worth on naked enemies, and not worth at all if you have a magic sword! Bonus action attack would still be efficient, but not really worth it depending on your DM or campaign (single tough guy or lots of mooks)

>PAM is only OAs
Can easily be not worth it IMO, based on the same considerations as above.
>>
>>54313429
>it's not about nerfing martials, it's about weakening the feats they actually use - that's totally not a nerf!
>>
>>54313408
Isn't the minus 5 to hit substantial?
>>
>>54313021
Smolton the Expendable, the Pack Mule.
>>
>>54313384
I was strongly considering that. When I mentioned it 2 days ago here, I got a dozen replies telling me that banning them was a terrible idea, and fixing them was a much better idea than cutting them.

>>54313430
It should be worth it as often as shield master.

I'm open to suggestions.

I either need to bring them more in line with eachother, or ban the outliers

>>54313455
Given that feats are an optional mechanic, yeah, the options that stand head and shoulders above everything else in feats are too good to be feats.

Rather than greenposting, say something useful.

If you think GWM/PAM/SS are reasonable as is (the prevailing opinion I hear time and again seems to be that they're not, which is why I went towards nerfing them), give advice on how to bring the other combat style feats up to their level.
>>
>>54313496
You missed it
>>54313233
>>
>>54313482
Yes, you will miss more often but in exchange for essentially doubling your damage output. If you do the math it's statistically a good move.

Besides, there are ways to mitigate it - Advantage and Precision Attack, to name a few.
>>
>>54313505
Why is shield master the basis for all of your balance changes?

Also, bringing all the combat feats up to GWM+SS level will just break the damn game. You also have to careful that they can't do something like take SS on top of one your new feats and reach ridiculous power levels
>>
>>54313482
It's pretty much always worth it. It's better vs low AC enemies. It loses steam if your weapon has pluses.
If you have a really dope magical weapon which adds extra dice to damage, it's probably not worth at all unless it's against really low AC enemies.

>>54313505
>It should be worth it as often as shield master.
If you say so.

What about
GWM: (Once per turn, maybe) you can choose to have disadvantage on an attack roll. If you hit, your weapon damage (not extra dice, fuck pallys) is maximized.
Have a mathfag do the maths.
>>
>>54313655
Fuck, it would be really good on barbs.
If it's once per turn, IDK.
>>
>>54313455
If you think Pam and gwm and Ss are balanced feats, it should be hard to decide between them and all the other feats. They shouldn't be universally the right choice.

Then you should to buff every other feat until they're competitive.

Or then they shouldn't be feats, and make them something else, like universal class features.
>>
>>54313655
That sounds like hot fucking garbage
>>
>>54313655
That new GWM would be +4.5 average damage once every turn if you're using a glaive/halberd. Compare to +30 damage from three attacks... This kills the GWM
>>
>>54313567
I agree. That's why I think gwm and Ss need a nerf if they're going to stay feats.

Though if I buffed the other combat styles to match, I'd straight up make them non-feats, and just give the players one of them and only one of them.

>>54313567
>>54313655
>why shield master.
Because nobody complains about it being OP, and when people rate feats it gets rated well without being the tier 1 that Ss and gwm are.

Its either balance it against shield Master, or crossbow expert, or against dual wield, if they're gonna remain feats.
>>
>>54313754
Good?
Martials, without feats, beat out casters on damage for the most part. That's a good thing, but it also means that straight more damage feats aren't really solving anything.

I actually dislike that anon's "fix", but i absolutely would support making feats more versatile, martial oriented but not exclusive, but less raw damage.
>>
>>54313357
I should note though that I have said to the group that I won't be using Unearthed Arcana (except in special circumstances) since this is our first time playing DnD.

Is it still a good idea?
>>
>>54313781
If you want this player to not want to commit suicide over how shitty their class is in the phb, probably
>>
>>54313781
UA Ranger fixes core issues that are extremely apparent with the ranger class, particularly the beastmaster, which was essentially non-functional.

Unless you plan on editing it significantly yourself, 100% use the UA Revised.
>>
>>54313781
Yes. PHB ranger is already a substandard class, with the beastmaster subclass being assgarbage. The Revised ranger is a bit frontloaded on features, but fixes the core problems of the PHB ranger, and the Beast Conclave specifically eliminates the largest problems of the animal companion.
>>
Do you guys use any special character sheets or do you just use the default one?
>>
File: tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Print.pdf (161KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
tgCharacterSheet_v1.5_Print.pdf
161KB, 1x1px
>>54313817
We made this
>>
>>54313678
>If you think Pam and gwm and Ss are balanced feats
I don't. Never said that. It's quite the opposite, I don't know how you would think otherwise based on my post.

>>54313678
>>54313720
Yeah, it's really shitty. Scrap that.

>>54313780
Well, those feats are for damage. What would you do, specifically?

>>54313817
Default. There's the MPMB automated sheet if you are lazy/get lost during character creation.
>>
>>54313780
Yeah but if you're going to gut a feat so bad that it's worthless and would never get used, you might as well just ban the feat in the first place and save yourself some dignity
>>
>>54313655
That's worse than dual wield.
>>
I've read a lot on how action economy slants fights against single, large enemies in the PCs favor, and how CR in general assumes that the monster in question is one of several encounters without rest in between.

With this in mind, I feel the need to ask this question before I irrevocably ruin our campaign tomorrow - Is a lone CR 6 monster (specifically, a Wyvern) an appropriate encounter for a party of 4 level 4 player characters assuming they are all fully rested and healed?
>>
>>54313817
I use the class+archetype specific spell sheets for full list casters, so i don't have to jump through hoops examining my options every time we long rest. The extra spots for things like channel divinity are also very helpful.

I also prefer the 5eg sheet to the default one, but that's less of a big deal than the shitty default spell sheet.
>>
>>54313826
Is this form fillable? I'm on mobile so I can't check.
>>
>>54313827
>What would you do, specifically?
Let it add damage, but also have other things to do. The cleave is perfectly fine, but it doesn't add versatility at all, just, again, more damage. Look at Shield Master for a well designed, martial oriented, mechanically viable feat.
>>
>>54313784
>>54313797
>>54313812

Aight, thanks everyone!

This is why /tg/ is simply the best board on this god's forsaken site.
>>
>>54313817
>>54313826
Also available for casters.
>>
File: chikn.png (11KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
chikn.png
11KB, 100x100px
>when elves post about how great they are
>>
>>54313849
That's the printer-friendly version. A formfill version exists, but I don't have it, and our MEGA archive is down last I checked.
>>
File: 1499921418716.jpg (57KB, 736x870px) Image search: [Google]
1499921418716.jpg
57KB, 736x870px
What's your favorite/the most creative way to completely refluff/reflavor a class?
>>
>>54313857
>>
Sup lads. I've been playing a lot of 4x vidya recently and just found out /tg/ apparently started homebrewing the setting of Endless Legend for 5e. Does anyone have a link to that stuff because that games lore and setting was top notch and i'd like to incorporate it into a new campaign if it's any good.
>>
>>54313870
Works for me. I'll check again later. Thanks pal.
>>
File: 0kvmP6c[1].jpg (210KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
0kvmP6c[1].jpg
210KB, 1275x1650px
>>54313833
Here's an example of the spell sheets i was referring to.
>>
>>54313857
ur just mad cause I shagged ur mum and made some sweet half-elves
>>
>>54313887
Muscle Wizard
>>
>>54313850
I think it would be kinda hard to do an equivalent feat for weapons without stepping on maneuvers' toes.
>>
>>54313893
kill yourself you fucking cocksmoking faggot

god I hate you people
>>
>>54313924
They tried with the weapon specific feats, and while they were kinda shit overall, the concept was much better.
>>
>>54313893
Look on 1d4chan
Btw i need to finish or at least start some shit in it
>>
>>54313917
At this point can that still be called creative?
>>
>>54313929
Sup virt
>>
>>54313917
What class are you refluffing in order to make that happen?
>>
>>54313954
Fuck off
>>
>>54313887
Way of the Knife Asshole works so well that i once reworked the same thing into elemental beams instead.
>>
>>54313930
weapon feats would be alright as something to reward a player with like the DMs guide mentions doing with feats, but I just don't really like the idea of a player having to hope the best weapon he finds in his adventures is a warhammer or whatever feat he picked
>>
>>54313935
Thanks anon, it's a little barebones but there's enough of a base for me to flesh it out for my group.

>>54313929
Wow who pissed in your cereal?
>>
>>54313973
Right, and i wasn't saying that weapon specific feats were the way to go, just that the specific mechanics they tied to them were much better, in principle, than GWM/SS "power attack".
>>
>>54313987
I hear you. The difficulty is thinking of new mechanics to get out of a weapon that don't tread into the territory of a player without the feat just being creative that aren't all just "when you hit a creature a certain way it has to save or fall prone" or something like that.
>>
R8 my party:

Human Revised Ranger - going beast conclave
Half-elf Bard - no idea what he's planning
Elf Divination Wizard
Half-elf Paladin
Human Rogue - probably going thief

fucking elves

We're starting CoS this weekend, I'm the DM. I have disallowed multi-classing and most Unearthed Arcana. Are they going to get their shit kicked in?
>>
>>54314054
4/10 unless that Rogue is going Barbarian after a few levels
>>
File: image.jpg (229KB, 640x823px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229KB, 640x823px
So after a long boring discussion last session about needing to reload hand crossbow last session it turns out the GM was referring to errata rules set.

Does /tg/ think the errata rules are just common sense clarifications to be accepted or are the designers pulling a Lucas George on us?
>>
>One of the things that I dislike about a lot of high fantasy/isekai books is that they tend to really glorify the concept of living in another world. Specifically, I think that having characters easily get ahead in life doesn't really reflect the reality of living in a society with no modern science, modern technology or rule of law. I'm still working out the specifics, but the idea is that I want my character to be really pathetic in as many ways as he can be

>I think a bard works well for that.

First time player said this, how would /tg/ play this character?
>>
>>54314084
>I want my character to be really pathetic
>picks one the most powerfully versatile classes in the entire fucking game
>>
>>54314084
Are you a baitposter or are you asking this over and over genuinely
>>
>>54314084
Oh good, more pasta.
>>
>>54314054
>favored enemy undead
>countercharm
>portent
>+CHA to everyone's saves

Strahd is fucked.
>>
>>54314054
>CoS
>Paladin

They'll be fine.
>>
>>54314079
In this case, it's common sense. You really can't reload a crossbow with one hand.
>>
>>54314079
The unarmed strike stuff seems like pointless shit to me, since I think all that does is exclude it from benefiting from the fighting style. Overall I'd say they're mostly just common sense clarification stuff though
>>
File: DdBJo5L.jpg (118KB, 900x581px) Image search: [Google]
DdBJo5L.jpg
118KB, 900x581px
>>54312481
I really like the cantrips Booming Blade and Green Flame Blade. Mainly because they turn rogues into monsters.

I have grown to like the Sword of Wounding to add to the above statement.
>>
So where are we in the meantime?

Ss & gmw are unfixable, ban them, and look into bringing them back later?
>>
>>54314135
It also clarifies that unarmed strikes are, indeed, melee weapon attacks. Before the errata, it was more ambiguous, especially since it was printed and then redacted from the weapons table.
>>
>>54314148
They aren't ruining the game or anything. They're just a little too good to not take if you're using a weapon that benefits from them. I'd sooner do nothing than ban them, but overall I would just rather there be a good enough feat for one handed weapons to be on par with them
>>
>>54312552
The Blood Hunter, Gunslinger, and Pugilist classes are solid and usually allowed at my table.
>>
>>54314148
How would something like
>Whenever you would make an attack with advantage, you may forgo that advantage to deal an additional die of weapon damage.
replacing the power attack be? GWM might need a tad more to it, but i feel SS would probably be good enough.
>>
>>54314148
Honestly I personally don't have much of an issue with those two.

The fact there's encounters they're bad in (lots of low HP creatures and high AC creatures), they have a noticeable penalty and Shield Master's actually still have reason to be around. Giving the GWM guy advantage isn't glamorous but it's effective for Shield guys to do.

You can play enemies smart enough to deal with Sharpshooter by using full cover and can have them grapple, disarm and shove the GWM guy.

PAM and CE are much bigger issues imo, because not only do they completely make Dual-Wielding pointless, they stack with GWM and SS.
>>
>>54314189
>aren't ruining the game
You have to be an idiot to not choose a style that uses it and then take it early.
>>
>>54314191
>Trusting McCree homebrew
>SterlingVermin
Get the fuck outta here with that shit.
>>
>>54313817
I use Orcpub to make characters. While it lacks some UA material and homebrew stuff, it's really good and gets updates periodically.

https://www.orcpub2.com/
>>
>>54314217
What are your homebrews anon? Or do you not use them in your personal game?
>>
>>54314177
They still are are they not? A fist or a foot is a monks weapon for example.

If the problem was "left hook" being used an offhand attack... Well it really should be.
>>
>>54314112
>Strahd is fucked

Really? I mean, I'm entirely new to DnD so that might be the case but if that's so I'll have to look into making him more of a threat.
>>
>>54314246
They are, but the term "weapon" attack was, and remains, confusing for many.
>>
>>54314247
You have to be really mean to your players, ambush them when they are resting, pick off straddlers, charm people when given the chance, retreat to fully heal, etc. He has control of everything, and thus should use everything for his advantage.
If you give your players a straight fight, they'll demolish him.
>>
>>54314259
Well either the game considers them "natural weapons" or something different then.

If a fist is still considered a "weapon attack" why did they remove it from the weapon table? That implies they're not weapons any more.
>>
>>54314308
Which is exactly why the errata says they still are.
>>
>>54314239
The only homebrew material I use are magic items and spells which I and my group's other on/off DM create and tailor to the setting/campaign as needed.
>>
>>54314283
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. The module does a good job of describing him as a shady motherfucker that would never just put up a fair fight.

When they're ready to go to the castle I'll think I'll have a blast just messing with them every goddamn chance I get.

Shit like that is why I GM
>>
>>54312481
> villain
Don't think I have one, weirdly.

> region
Silver Marches from FR

> kingdom
Cormyr

> location
Eldeen Reaches

> spell
Rain of Fire

> magical item
Anything vorpal
>>
>>54314283

That's a bit sad. Considering Strahd made a full fledged lich (Who later became a Darklord in his own right) his bitch and sent another veteran vampire fleeing. He's supposed to be both a very skilled warrior and one of two contenders for 'Most powerful necromancer in the setting'.
>>
>>54314316
Ah, I do magic items as well in addition to the aforementioned classes. It's nice to see that there are some people who do use homebrew and don't just "REEEE" about it.
>>
>>54314239
I've homebrewed a sorcerer "fix" that we've used twice, both times seemed successful.

>Sorcery+Spell points
>Gain points as indicated in variant
>Learn spells as normal up to 5th level spells
>6,7,8,9, get one of each at appropriate level, castable once per long rest, no point cost
>Upcast spells up to the spell level you could normally cast via spellcasting, no limit on 6-9 like variant suggests

This lets sorcerers have their own niche, with high burst/nova potential, or the ability to fling low level spells all day as they get stronger. They lack the spell choice versatility often suggested, so they don't step on wizard toes, and gain a bit in common with the warlock, sort of splitting the difference.
>>
>>54314104
>>54314104
I'm genuinely looking for ideas, I really don't know how I would rp this, so i have some worries for the guy who said it
>>
>>54314334
Oh, wait. Daelkyr are the best.
>>
>>54314367
Bards are the only effective cheerleader class, buffs, inspiration, hiding.
>>
>>54314336
Well, maybe he fought dirty with them as well, but maybe he didn't had to. And he also held his own in a spell fight with mordenkainen and proceeded to buttfuck him with pure vampire savagery.
But it's one thing to be a skilled warrior and duel a contender, and it's another to survive five murderhobos wailing at you all at once, especially when they are decked with items and class features made to fuck your kind up.
>>
>>54314367
meant to reply to>>54314110 as well oops
>>
>>54312953
thats some gay ass min/max shit that would never exist though
>>
>>54314376
So just rp it as a person who's success mostly stems from riding on the coat-tails of others, that works I guess
>>
>>54314312
So why remove unarmed strike from weapon table? That's the part I don't get.
>>
>>54314139
>Sword of Wounding
What would the rarity be if there was a Sword of Wounding that activated the wounding effect every hit instead of once per turn? Über Sword Of Wounding anyone?
>>
>>54314336
Lvl10+ characters are in their own tier of power. Also "most powerful" mostly means "smarter than the others about his and others' powers"
>>
>>54314212
What if you rule that combat style feats are anterequisites?

You can take exactly one of them.
>>
File: 1371744896356.jpg (747KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1371744896356.jpg
747KB, 850x1202px
>>54314148
I'm not going to be opposed to anything that makes martialplebs even worse than casters
>>
>>54314825
Damage has nothing to do with why martials are worse than casters.

Nice bait though.
>>
>>54314336
Well, Strahd -is- powerful, but he also doesn't pick battles he'll lose. There's nothing "weak" about retreating from a fight against five protagonists. Not to mention the players are less rusty when it comes to combat since they're basically spending the entire campaign honing their skills, whereas Strahd probably hasn't had a good fight in ages because the entire land is his slave.

RPG combat isn't exactly fair, either, since DND is all about using multiple very strong characters to gang up on a single one.
>>
>>54314834
>a nerf that only effects martialcucks doesn't make them increasingly worse than casters

Nice low IQ though.
>>
>>54314850
It's a nerf to an *optional* subsystem that gave damage boosts, freeing up feat slots for actual choices, rather than the obligatory "this is by far your best option".

The martials don't even have access to the damage feats by default.

Their damage was already more than fine without feats.

Piling on extra damage on top of it does literally nothing to fix their problems.

Taking the feats away doesnt make them any worse in relation to casters, because they could already kill stuff with hp damage. The problem is how they suck in every other regard.

Welcome to D&D. Hope you enjoy your stay.
>>
>>54314893
Replace "more than fine" with "not as insultingly bad as in previous editions" and you're right.
>>
File: 1371744733450.jpg (197KB, 787x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1371744733450.jpg
197KB, 787x1000px
>>54314893
So what you're saying is, you're lowering the martialcuck's damage, making them worse at the only thing they can do, making them increasingly worse than casters. Gotcha. Regardless, welcome to 4chan. Hope you enjoy your stay, redditspacer.
>>
>be druid in a martial party
>can resolve 80% of problems by myself thank to magic and wildshape
I wish my party was able to do something different than "hit enemy harder"
>>
>>54314405
So I take it as a no for the Über Sword of Wounding?
>>
>>54313021
Thugmantus
>>
>>54315015
Sometimes you just need to deal with standing above the wave of plebs, anon.
>>
>>54315015
If they aren't going to be creative and try to do different things that's their fault
>>
>>54314996
Freeing them up to take other feats without being retarded.

As for them being shit because they can't do anything else, well, that's a separate issue to solve, and giving them extra damage does nothing to fix it.

I've been hearing redditspacer for a decade, and I've posted on Reddit maybe 10 times, ever. What is it with reactionary posters here and their fear of whitespace?
>>
how would you fix/expand warlocks spell slots /5eg?
>>
>>54315086
Most other feats are worthless. It's an objective nerf. As martials deserve.
>>
>>54315087
Spell Points.
>>
>>54315087
Make short rests anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour depending on your constitution score.
>>
>>54315087
More invocation spells, and all of them are 1x/short or long rest without taking up a spell slot.

Also more invocations. Maybe even two 'tiers' of invocations, like you get some weak ones that are simple things for flavor, and a handful of powerful ones.
>>
>>54315186
Also, Hex is no longer a spell but an 1x/short rest invocation that only affects Warlock spells/cantrips and pact weapons.
>>
File: 1488403032146.jpg (106KB, 599x586px) Image search: [Google]
1488403032146.jpg
106KB, 599x586px
Is it Score Top, Mod Bottom? Or Mod Top, Score Bottom?
>>
>>54315112
Well, my goal is to increase the number of viable feats at each slot.

So I can either nerf the OP combat style feats to a more reasonable level, or buff literally every other feat in the game until it can compete. And nerfing the handful of OP feats (or banning them) is easier than rewriting 80%+ of them.

As for martial's viability as a whole?
That's a separate issue to work on.

Right now I'm working on getting functional feats. And it's less of a nerf than playing the game the normal way, without any feats at all.

To paraphrase Tony Stark:
"If Martials are nothing without the feats, then they shouldn't have them."

If martials are broken and shitty, the answer is to fix the broken and shitty underpowered classes, not to try to patch it with sloppy feat taxes that just give them more murderpower. That approach was shit in 3.5, and it's still shit today.
>>
File: 1495417701740.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1495417701740.png
7KB, 112x112px
How important is Resilient-Con for frontline casters?

War Caster is a no-go since it's a Mystic.

I have to pick between Diplomat (modified to run off Deception, and as more of mind rape than "lets be friends") or Resilient- Con.
>>
File: ogres.jpg (14KB, 236x250px) Image search: [Google]
ogres.jpg
14KB, 236x250px
How would I properly simulate an invasion of a country for my players?

I really want them to feel motivated to stop it, and to feel how harsh it'd be. so obviously i'm gonna spend some time letting them love the country and the people, especially around the border towns. But after that. how can I make it really hit them hard how shitty this is for the country? They're being invaded by ogres with a single, highly intelligent and strong leader and the country is an elven/human country that's built partially into trees, sorta like stone treehouses.
>>
Post great background music for adventuring/exploring/boss fights/etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ
>>
>>54315498
I would have them own land that they had put time and money into and then have it be one the first things razed.
>>
>>54315498
Just go read up on your genocide of choice and work form there?
>>
>>54314360
So they essentially cast spells level 1-5 with 6-9 spell slots?
>>
>>54315628
They can upcast their spells into higher slots like normal, except, unlike the Spell Point variant, they aren't limited to once per long rest for that purpose.
>>
>>54312481
Druid gets a lot of hp through wildshape .

I haven't seen it in play yet. Is it fine as is? Is it stupid busted op? Should i be concerned about it?

Details would be appreciated.
>>
>>54314054
>Half-elf Paladin

Have I become so messed up due to some influence from /tg/ that I despise the idea a filthy half-elf is a Paladin?
>>
>>54315717
They definitely excel at staying alive, but I don't think it's game-breaking. Just keep it in mind when designing adventures.
>>
>Psychic Backlash- As a reaction, you can impose disadvantage on an attack roll against you if you can see the attacker. If the attack still hits you, the attacker takes 2d10 psychic damage.

So this is basically "I don't ever want to be hit by a crit- the skill", yeah?
>>
File: 3 INT druid.jpg (72KB, 599x601px) Image search: [Google]
3 INT druid.jpg
72KB, 599x601px
>>54315404
>Mystic
>Starting at 4th level, you can replace your proficiency in Wisdom saving throws whenever you finish a short or long rest. To do so, choose Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, or Charisma. You gain proficiency in saves using that ability, instead of Wisdom. This change lasts until you finish your next short or long rest.

why do you even need resilient.
>>
File: Azathoth.jpg (91KB, 407x550px) Image search: [Google]
Azathoth.jpg
91KB, 407x550px
I need some writing help.

So I have a weapon that I posted here a while back that when used to kill a person engulfs them in a thick black mist that quickly freezes the victim solid, as the mist coats around them the last thing they see is the cold reaches of space and the terrifying visage of Azathoth.

How would you explain Azathoth if you saw it? This is what I have so far...

>"As the mist courses over your flesh, the air grows frigid, and the world's light fades... In your final moments, all you see in the perilous void are stars... "

I'm trying to go for a creepy vibe with it but, I'm not sure what to say exactly after that, or if I should say less. The face of the killed creature is frozen in fear at the end if that can help in any way.
>>
I remember hearing that if you get double saving throw proficiency somehow, due to multiclass shenanigans or whatever, you can put the extra saving throw elsewhere. Is this true? If so can someone give me the PHB page for it?
>>
>>54315788
It's also the anti-rogue skill.
>>
>>54315860
Start talking gibbirish as you start describing it to emphasis how warped that it is that you can't talk in common.
>>
Does a 5th level spell paladin smite do the same damage as a 4th?
>>
>>54315860
How about Lovecrafting it up by adding ton of adjectives.

>As the foetid, indescribable mist courses obsequiously over your palsied now-nigriscent squamous flesh, the odorous air grows perfidiously frigid, and the world's light fades... In your final moments, all you see in the perilous untutterable void is the stygian effulgence of euclidically incongruous stars...
>>
>>54315912
Max you can go 5d8 as stated by the rule
>>
>>54315917
This is really good, I still need a way to describe Azathoth though.

>>54315904
I feel this would reign in laughter, not fear. I could be wrong?
>>
File: u74-zathoth.jpg (153KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
u74-zathoth.jpg
153KB, 750x740px
>>54315860
You're going to need a poet there, and one locked in a padded cell at that. Best you can do is probably to be very indirect about it. Think more about what it represents, rather than what it is.
>>
>>54315938
Let them laugh and then start adding leaks that horrifying events start happening over time to the wielder and then later to those around the sword. A joke that turns into a nightmare.
>>
File: 1498423624450.gif (335KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1498423624450.gif
335KB, 500x364px
>>54312520
This. I, too, am a greasy Sharn boy.
>>
I'm going to have an NPC who the party thinks is a member of an Elven Clan help them to go destroy a spirit. He barely escaped as it's possessed beasts attacked the clan and the party meets him wounded and bloody.

In actuality he's been possessed by the ghost, and his knowledge about the ritual to destroy it is actually an ancient rite to set it free where it will then go attack the town.

Because I don't want to make things too forced, how should I handle his lying to the party? Say he seems odd? Drop subtle hints that his wounds were actually from people he attacked? Make him act more angry and forceful the closer they get to the ruin the spirit's in?

I'm pretty new to DMing so I'm not sure how to run something like this.
>>
>>54315860
Say it's incomprehensible. If they ask for more information then simply say it's completely unfathomable to them.

>>54316002
Passive insight, drop small hints to party members who have a higher passive insight to say... DC15?
>>
>>54316002
Have him contradict himself sometimes when explaining things more than once. "You MUST do X..." is then "You MUST NOT do X..." if asked again.

Have an insight check say that his eyes never seem to quite focus on anything, or if a player approaches him to speak, have a perception check to see if they hear him talking/mumbling to himself
>>
File: Druids.png (485KB, 655x688px) Image search: [Google]
Druids.png
485KB, 655x688px
>>54316002
>read that as "possessed breasts"
I think it's time to go to bed.
>>
>>54316002
Have him be VERY impatient to get this done. ESPECIALLY if the players wana cast Detect Magic or examine him in any way. Frantically exclaiming that there's no time to worry about such things right now.
>>
>>54316002
>>54316048
Oh and I suppose as a serious answer, add odd little things that might not seem like much at first- for example, if a PC touches him (Such as to help heal him) they make a low DC medicine check to notice he's cold to the touch, his eyes don't dilate properly, his eyes are a bit off in some way or another (ie: looking distant "thousand yard stare", or slightly clouded over)

Have him ask the party things an Elf of his rank should already know, like how far to X town or whatever

Make him seem evasive when asked about certain details or whatever
>>
>>54316030
>>54316040
>>54316051
>>54316068
This kind of stuff's very helpful thanks. Another thing is I've accidentally written this in a way that makes a completely happy ending nearly impossible... I that a dick move?

Like no matter what someone innocent dies, is hung or possibly the entire nearby village gets leveled. Obviously I'm hoping the players find an interesting solution to this, but is giving them a shitty ending like that a bad thing? Should I tell them before hand my whole DMing style is kinda grimdark?
>>
>>54315938
Nigga you can't describe what can't be describben.
>>
Would you allow your players to play a Flumph?
>>
>>54316077
you can try though. and that's why they put cultists in the loony bin.
>>
>>54315938
you could always try a voice modulator if you're invested. that'd probably be taken a bit more seriously.
>>
>>54316077
You see a massive beyond reckoning crimson skeletal figure draped in nebulae appear from a doorway in space and time, several stars are obliterated by it's very presence as it begins approaching, passing millions of light years in each step. A sound like a thousand grinding wheels echoes through the vacuum of space, a mind-shattering voice resonates in your mind- "WHAT'S GOOD NYIGGUH".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8sjAlgYbUE

If my players insist I describe something indescribably indescribable I just make up the most retarded shit that comes to mind at the time, and that's what their character perceives it as.
>>
>>54315943
This any good?
>"As the mist courses over your flesh, the air grows frigid, and the world's light fades... In your final moments, all you see in the perilous void are incongruous stars and what can only be described as madness... It's complete form incomprehensible, hundreds maybe thousands of rotting thick viscera stretch for eternity, the endless sound of a madding horn shrieks through the void... as your mind breaks and you wail."
I have imagined this creature as madness and destruction so I feel like that should be what you see.
>>
I can't access the trove. Was it deleted?
>>
>>54316311
Yes
>>
>>54313398
Yes, but I usually just cross reference it with the actual costs and make a call for what to do.

It is right that a cloak of protection is super good, and needs to be more expensive. It seems oddly afraid if the decanter of endless water
>>
>>54312607
You suck at theorycraft.
>>54312766
Suck
>>54312957
At
>>54313026
Theorycraft

Also
>It counts after 11.
Better make sure it even happens after 11.
>>
>>54313218
TWF falls behind with no feats at all. It just gets a double whammy because Dual Wielder is also weak.
>>
>>54313832
>Is a lone CR 6 monster (specifically, a Wyvern) an appropriate encounter for a party of 4 level 4 player characters assuming they are all fully rested and healed?
No? It's over their level and able to fly. They can probably beat it, but it could also KO a soft target in one turn and fly away. Plus, there's a difference between a single encounter and an adventure.

It's not strong enough to be inappropriate, but there's more to encounters than this.
>>
File: 1464646142712.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1464646142712.png
483KB, 529x470px
>>54312481
>mega no longer working

but why!?
>>
>>54316681
Retards shared it once too many in the wrong places.
>>
>>54313924
>without stepping on maneuvers' toes.
So step on some toes. Feats cover similar ideas or action types already. They don't all have to combine together on one character like a perfect jigsaw puzzle.
>>
>>54315818
>replacing your proficiency in wisdom
That's not a very wise move
>>
>>54312626
This guy gets it.
>>
>>54314135
>exclude it from benefiting from the fighting style
Also excludes it from interfering with the style, since you can make unarmed strikes with no free hands.
>>54314177
It was redacted in the same errata. You were basically always carrying an Unarmed Strike with it on the table. Plus the proficiency with some classes not proficient in all simple weapons.
>>54314246
Yeah, but they weren't light anyway.
>>
(Just posted this in a "That Guy" thread by accident. Whoooops)

In my session yesterday, I was trying to goad some thugs out of the room they were closed up in, having closed themselves in there after our party killed the enemies before said room.

>Me: "Oh god, it sure would suck if someone came out and attacked us right now! We're so injured!"
>Roll Deception
>Nat 20
>DM: "You hear a few chuckles from inside the room."

Not mad about it. Thought it was handled pretty well, and it was probably a dumb move on my part anyway.
>>
Mega is dead because idiots that keep making the thread forget to add the new one that was posted two threads ago
https://mega.nz/#F!8lhwhRhY!QtPgmG-SJLu8CSBEjRutqA!k0Ah0Qzb
>>
File: 1427321542916.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1427321542916.gif
3MB, 390x357px
I get that people don't like Mystic, but why does it always default to HURR TE DURR SELF INSERT ANIME OC!!!!! when it's clearly based off of characters like Charles Xavier, Psylocke and even a bit of Jedi? Where is the fucking anime?
>>
>>54317110
Have you read the abilities they get?
>>
>>54317142

What abilities in particular do they get that as Psychic Mutant like Xavier or Psylocke couldn't do? The only ones I can think of that might be off limits to those kind of characters would be the body altering immortal disciplines I suppose, which again, growing wings or LITERALLY WOLVERINE CLAWS doesn't seem particularly anime to me.
>>
What do the War Wizards of Cormyr actually do? Do they use weapons and armor in addition to magic or is it just a fancy name for wizard soldiers?
>>
>>54314328
That's what I want to see in a Level 17 wizard vs. CoS. Strahd isn't alone, and even if you maneuver him that way, he doesn't fight fair.
>>
Has there been any attempt to salvage the Artificer, either official or Homebrew?

I love the theme of it but god its trash.
>>
>>54317110
Any supernatural abilities that aren't explicitly magical* are Anime (tm).
*for D&D's very narrow definition of magic, that is...
>>
So I'm playing a warlock for an upcoming Out of the Abyss adventure, anything I should get or know about?
>>
>>54317289
They're mostly Wizard Soldiers, very advanced and very powerful Wizard soldiers. If one of their signet rings are removed you have 5 teleport right near him ready to kill, in wars they destroy entire battlefields with mass Fireball artillery and so on.

Some do use armour and very rarely weapons. The ones who do normally started as Purple Dragon Knights before changing over to study with the War Wizards.

They also have a bunch of powerful kinda weird magic secrets going on. For instance all War Wizards are under a VERY powerful Geas which stops them betraying the King of Cormyr.
>>
>>54317089
So your DM made you roll and then invalidated the result of your roll when he didn't like it.

Smells like bullshit to me.
>>
>>54317110
Really? Mystic seems to be positive.
>>
What are races that get Natural Armor? I wanna be FUCKING INVINCIBLE.

Is it just Lizardfolk?
>>
>>54317401
Warforged gives +1AC
>>
>>54315343
For the feats that suck, and clearly, the problem is in the comparison to an ASI, not with the feats which don't suck.

> As for martial's viability as a whole?
That's a separate issue to work on.
Quite true.
>>
>>54315343
>If martials are broken and shitty, the answer is to fix the broken and shitty underpowered classes, not to try to patch it with sloppy feat taxes that just give them more murderpower

So do that first, and nerf feats second.
>>
>>54315867
Well multiclassing itself doesn't give saving throws.
>>
>>54317369
DM basically said that trying to goad them out like that in a life or death situation wouldn't realistically work.
>>
>>54317499
In real life you aren't in a fucking fantasy game where magic is prevalent. Honestly a cheap out especially when you rolled so well.
>>
>>54317454
No, but multiclassing certain things (off the top of my head rogue is the only one that I think of) does as class features.
>>
>>54312481
>What's your favorite DnD villain
Usually just a morally bankrupt dude with a lot of charisma, a magic sword and a goal that puts him at odds with most of the people he comes across.

>region/kingdom/location
I am particularly fond of misty, hilly conifer forests in the not-quite-arctic where civilization huddles together in pockets of safe and arable land on coastlines, crossroads, and the ancient bones of a forgotten civilization who'se ruins dot the otherwise wild landscape.

>spell
Tough choice. The X of Hadar and Black Tentacles spells seem to be on my list whenever possible, though.

>and magical item?
Sentient, cursed weapons that give you power but require some sort of cost to stave off some horrible side effect.

As much of a shitty edgelord as I am, I'm still a sucker for good guy heroes of light and justice making the world a happier place nomatter how hard my bullshit pushes against it. Part of the fun of making a depressing world full of dark magic and evil bullshit is watching players flip it all the bird and force it back a bit.
>>
>>54312481
>DnD villain,
Obviously Strahd. I have him drop chandeleers on an open sky for duck's sake
>region/
Barovia
>kingdom
Adbar
>location,
Amber Temple
> spell
Magic jar
>, and magical item?
Ring of Spell Storing
>>
>>54317680
>drop chandeleers on an open sky
that's a new level of being a dick
Strahd really is bored to undeath
>>
>>54317089
>Nat 20
>On anything but an attack roll
>>
>>54317775
Oh, I know. I'm not complaining, just sharing.
>>
>>54317110
I've had some pretty positive experiences with Mystic, honestly.
>>
>>54317110
I honestly have no idea. Maybe nomad abilities cause the whole teleport behind someone and nothing personnel kid. I'm playing an avatar mystic and I feel like I'm basically playing the warlord from 4e combined with a few psychic powers. I still hate the class though.
>>
How would you make a war feel like a serious situation that the PCs need to get involved in?
>>
>>54317901
Avatar Mystic is basically Warlord, yeah.

Except something about it just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>54317499

Why did he let you roll at all then?
>>
>>54317089
You're with your bandit friends, waiting to ambush some adventurers. You know the odds aren't exactly in your favor so you want to attack them when they are worn out. Suddenly, you hear them.

1. You hear the noise of reloading crossbow, obnoxious sound of sword being drawn by somebody really bad at drawing swords quietly. Then you hear a stuttering, fake-sounding shout "I SURE HOPE WE DON'T GET ATTACKED RIGHT NOW, WE ARE SO INJURED, COUGH COUGH" and then bunch of steps as if the party was regrouping. You can't help but laugh at their failed attempt.
2. You hear noise as if somebody fell onto the ground from exhaustion, and then somebody with awful shortness of breath moans "I hope we don't get attacked right now, if we are we're dead meat.". Then you hear noise as if somebody was vomiting and hushed whisper "Stay strong, you can make it". What an opportunity to strike!

Both were nat 20 on deception. 1) was a guy with -2 to roll, 2) was a guy with +6 and guidance spell. End result: 18 and 26 against DC which DM decided to be 20.
>>
Any fighter archetype that has scaling unarmed damage like a monk though perhaps weaker? Like maybe a d8 max. Basically so you can be a armored unarmed combatant.
>>
How does gambling work in game? I want to play a dragonborn paladin with a gambling addiction but don't know how it would really work. Also what backgrounds would work best for this character?
>>
>>54317110
AUTISM no seriously it been has been this way since psionics was first introduced.
>>
Are dex fighters any good? What if I'm into archery?
>>
>>54314404
The anon you quoted cannot read. Unarmed Strikes aren't weapons and they don't belong on the weapon table. The errata states that when the game prompts you for a Melee Weapon Attack you can make an Unarmed Strike /instead/. Any rules text that specifies a weapon will not work with Unarmed Strikes unless specifically noted that it does. For example, your wizard cannot touch your monk's feet and make them magical with the Magic Weapon spell because they aren't fucking weapons.
>>
Mounted Combat says that a creature can't attack while it's being mounted, referring to domesticated animals and stuff.

What about a creature you had direct, telepathic control over, something you summoned or even created if you're a mad enough cunt to play an artificer. Would it be able to attack while you mounted it?

Probably not, but just asking.
>>
>>54317920
Surely they're not all murderhobos with no family and friends in the realm, right?
>>
>>54318104
Just pick Tavern Brawler.

>>54317961
You, I like you.
>>
>>54318336
They are not.

One PC is a noble, and she will be expected to lead her house's forces in the war.

I'm just wondering how to make the other PCs contribute.
>>
>>54318252
If by archery you mean hand crossbow variant human with CBE and SS, it's superb.
It's still good otherwise.

>>54318367
Tell us the classes/backgrounds so we can give some specific advice.
>>
>>54318401
Sure!

We have a Swashbuckler Rogue that is from an organization that hunt down magical artifacts and return them to their base because they feel the world cannot be trusted with them. Prior to his actions in defending the empire, membership in this organizaiton was illegal. (Faction Agent)

The Arcane Cleric is out looking for answers about the dark star that marked his birth and looking to join up with other believers of his deity. (Haunted One)

Then there's the Sorcerer, a half-drow that is in the Empire as an ambassador trying to keep her people neutral in the war before its too late. (Courtier)

And finally, the Artificer... who I don't know much about because he's joining the campaign next week.
>>
>>54312481
How do you/your players keep track of mapping in dungeons?

So far I've described things as they've gone through, but they end up not knowing where they have or haven't been. That said, I don't want to force them into a system where they have to map things out like in old school editions.

Do you draw the map for them as they go? Do you just let them flounder and miss turnings?
>>
>>54318513
I prepare maps ahead of time and use them to describe the area for my players.
>>
>>54318513
It seems a little unfair to make the players do the mapping and not point out if it's wrong because you didn't describe it well enough. It also requires them to properly draw out battlemaps or it could mess with an encounter.

It does encourage player participation, however.

Personally, I just have the idea in my head or on paper and draw it out as everything moves along and populate the rooms ahead.

I like the idea of giving the players through some means the ability to see at least a room ahead so their decisions to choose a room are meaningful.
>>
>player keeps asking for dumb 'races' like harpy and efreeti
>tell him there are already enough things you can pick from (I'm fine with any book + UA)
>Keeps asking for more dumb shit because he wants to be 'different'
>>
>>54315343
Do not ban compulsory feats.
Just give the compulsory feats to martials for free.
>>
>>54318710

Why he doesn't he just play a genasi, deep gnome, or aarockra, if he wants to be different so badly?
>>
>>54318445
>swashbuckler
He gets news that the enemy nation is using a/some magical artifact to bolster it's armies/defenses/whatever. The generals on his side aren't aware of it, so he can choose to divulge the information or not. If he does, his side can better prepare to handle/work around it's devastating effects. If he doesn't, he doesn't get the risk of them wanting to keep it after the war, but it might cost lives on the field.

>cleric
It's rumored that someone on the enemy side has knowledge on this field. Is it a mysterious general, the enemy king's advisor and diviner, or an oppressed secret society?

>sorcerer
There's no such things as neutrality, or so they say. War is merciless, and his people might become collateral damage if they don't pick a side.
One or both armies could use the underdark for stealth travel, causing big trouble for drow settlements caught in the way.
There also would be some good money for the drow people if they agree to serve as scouts and guides for raiding parties that make use of the underground to bypass defenses.

>artificer
What's a better opportunity to spread his new toys than mass fabricating it for an army - juice royaltie$ included. He could easily coordinate an entire workshop!

For more general stuff, I found that having a past villain join up the player's side really showcases just how threatening the other side is.
>>
>>54318710

What about fire genasi, or one the three or so bird-people races?
>>
>>54318513
The way I've typically run it (and had it run by other DM's, w/o prompting by me) is that we use a dry-erase board and draw the map, one room at a time, as we explore. Caves without "rooms" per say get drawn as we go down them. If there's a corner in a hallway, that's drawn as we get closer to it. Etc.
Having tons of colors makes it fun and easy, I have a grid marked on mine by default, but chessex has some mats that you can buy on Amazon to use with wet-erase markers, if that's your thing.
>>
How do I accurately portray the rage of an ancient blue dragon that had been polymorphed into a frog and afflicted with Slimy Doom and Flesh Rot?
>>
>>54318763
Thanks a lot for this, man.

The Rogue's one is perfect and can be used to explain how the enemy army plans to counteract the fact that the players' side has /dragons/.
>>
>>54318769
>three
Aarakocra, Kenku and ?
>>
>>54318823
The one from the new Plane Shift.
>>
>>54318823

Aven. From Plane Shift: Amonkhet.
>>
>>54318784
Patience. Soon the diseases will kill his frog form, and then he'll be right back to being a dragon at his full normal HP.
>>
>>54318148
Gaming sets are tools that you can be proficient in, so that means that playing a game is an ability check. The DM decides what ability is most relevant (Dex for stuff like darts, Int for stuff like chess, probably Wis or Cha for bluffing games.) If you're proficient in the gaming set you add your proficiency bonus. It's usually an opposed check against whoever else is playing.

Your character probably has the Charlatan background if he cheats at games for a living, but if he's just addicted to them and can't actually cheat to make money, he could be of any background, probably Noble or Guild Artisan if he's blown through vast sums of money in his time.
>>
>>54317938
Psi points are a daily resource. You have no at-will or encounter warlord abilities.
>>
Give me a druid to play
>>
>>54318104
>scaling unarmed damage
Monks get a lot of attacks then gain damage by scaling unarmed damage. Fighters get damage by getting more attacks. The classes don't work the same way, so you don't make an unarmed strike using fighter the same way.
>Select the punching bags
Ok, Google. You can stop spying on me any time.
>>
>>54318884
But won't the diseases persist when he changes back into a dragon?
>>
>>54318777
>>54318688
>>54318661
I've usually got maps for each dungeon (with the exception of several "trial" dungeons where each room just proceeds into the next without much in the way of alternative directions) so I know where they're going and can track their progress. I describe the different locations, but they don't always realise they've looped back until I describe an area, and they can get confused. It's immersive, but not much fun.

I have wet erase boards but I use them for the battles that take place in most rooms, making it hard to also use it for combat unless I do a small map in the corner somewhere, which I might do.
>>
>>54318263
>The errata states that when the game prompts you for a Melee Weapon Attack you can make an Unarmed Strike /instead/
/instead/ of using a weapon. You still make a melee weapon attack. Before you confuse the poor anon further.
>>
>>54312481
Not sure if this is the place to ask but what are some good goals for a neutral party?
Using the alignment test on WotC website we have a Chaotic Neutral Warlock, True Neutral Ranger, and Lawful Neutral Druid (hoping to get a Fighter or Paladin, so probably another Lawful Neutral or a Lawful Good).

So some evil necromancer probably isnt going to be a concern unless he's directly affected the PCs.
Maybe some kind of treasure hunt? In a low level dungeon find a map or clues to some great treasure and spend the rest of the campaign just overcoming whatever is in their way?
>>
>>54319011
I usually tell my players theyve been in the room before ("You recognize this as the large cavern with the waterfall you fought the goblins in") if they can reasonably tell they've been in there. If the players have time to look around and inspect the room, I'll even tell them that specific doorways lead back to rooms they've previously visited ("You hear the sounds of a waterfall from the eastern door and from the looks of it, it leads back to the central room.")
>>
>>54318104
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkYF7N05E-
>>
>>54315260
Score top mod bottom for true patricians.
>>
Best party composition? Your personal preference, not strictly based on optimization.
>>
Running Skt. What's a good way of first introducing the pcs to iymrith and the kraken? It seems hard to introduce them before they just get deus ex machina-d into the plot.
>>
Is there any other way to play a warlock without taking Eldritch Blast, Hex, and Pact of the Tome?
>>
>>54319284
Yes
>>
>>54319284
Chain works well for permanent advantage and invisibility shenanigans. Eb is pretty necessary as a mainstay of the class though, unless you go blade.
>>
God damn, so many homebrew for gunslingers. Can't decide on what to use for my game.
>>
>>54319284
>Without taking Eldritch Blast, Hex...
No, they're mandatory.
>...and Pact of the Tome?
Yes, familiars are baller. Even without "free help action" shenanigans and "free spell resistance" cheating.

>>54319264
>Hunter Ranger
>Moon Druid
>Ancients Paladin
>Fey Warlock
>>
>>54319011
>>54319153
That actually sounds like a pretty neat idea, but I always get the issue of, in bigger dungeons, at least, which room is the "central" room.

On top of that, I barely pay attention to descriptions of places as a player. I just prefer a visual of the whole shebang. It would make it easier for me to run it that way, is all.
>>
>>54319308
But Tome gives Find Familiar anyway if you take the BoAS invocation, it can't attack or be invisible but other than that it's functionally the same.
And if you take blade youre going to have to take some levels in Fighter surely? Although I have heard some unearthed Arcana has buffed blade slightly with invocations
>>
>>54319314
>Fey Warlock
Why?
>>
>>54319310
Do you actually need a whole new class just for firearms? Can't you just give firearm proficiency to certain martial classes?
>>
>>54319270
Build up the dragons vs giants hype. For the kraken thingy I've had my party fight kraken priests and giant octopuses in secret secret socitey chambers a couple of times.
>>
File: 1455884457014.jpg (31KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
1455884457014.jpg
31KB, 600x462px
Lizardfolk Wizard who became enlightened by his own intellect and in this moment feels euphoric (he slept near a magic glowing rock and became Vandal Savage)

Dwarf Artificer (The Homebrew Version Mechanist) who owes a lot of people a lot of money and fights riding a Spider Tank Mech.

What should I play

none of them kys weeb
>>
>>54319399

Dwarf Artificer
>>
For fun I'm trying to make the best quickdraw-type build. I wanna know if everything I have so far is actually possible.

Assassin 3/Battlemaster 5/Revised Hunter 3 variant human with 20 dex, crossbow master and a hand crossbow.

>Combat starts and I get surprise because of my fast reactions
>First attack action: 1d6 + 5dex +2 favored enemy + 2d6 sneak attack + 1d8 maneuver x2 for critical = 60 avg damage
>Extra attack : 1d6 + 5dex +2 favored enemy + 1d8 maneuver + 1d8 colossus slayer x2 for critical = 36 avg damage
>CBM bonus attack: 1d6 + 5dex +2 favored enemy x2 for critical = 20 avg damage
Action surge attack action: 1d6 + 5dex +2 favored enemy + 1d8 maneuver x2 for critical = 28 avg damage
Extra attack: 1d6 + 5dex +2 favored enemy + 1d8 maneuver x2 for critical = 28 avg damage

Is this how assassinate works?
>>
>>54319359
You might have missed the theme of that party?
Either way, fey stories are cool and fey warlocks have great RP opportunities.
Also, why not?

>>54319361
Stop responding to bait.
(Also, the most famous homebrew is an archetype)
>>
>>54319396
But how should the players make the connection that those two are the bad guys without strictly stating it when they are revealed? I want my players to go into maelstrom, maybe even the eye of the all father, knowing that there is some treachery afoot in the giant court. When they see iymrith for the first time, they should know immediately.
>>
>>54319448
I'm just interested.
I posted >>54319091
Almost identical composition except the Warlock is pact of fiend, and there is no Paladin yet but there is expected to be one
>>
>>54319314
>>54319448
Playing ancients paladin fey lock multi right now as a trickster fairy knight/nature warden. Can confirm that fey interactions are amazing and fun rp opportunities
>>
If my players are rolling for an absurdly high DC (for example they are trying to physically intimidate the captain of the guard while his elite centurion stands nearby) should I have them roll at all? Like DC 30, they'll get a +2 to the roll so 0% chance of success. Rolling seems kinda pointless, yeah?
>>
>>54319429
That's not how criticals work, and you're having trouble with calculating average damage, too. But any hits on a surprised enemy are critical hits. The DM determines who's surprised. It's more than just rolling higher initiative.
>>
>>54319482
Interesting, didn't see that.
I'm in a neutral party right now, and honestly it's not as different from normal as you'd think. We're basically mercenaries/treasure hunters, which gives it a bit of an old-school feel. If some evil force threatened our city, we'd probably fight against it (we like our city, and even many of its inhabitants, thank you very much).
Being neutral basically means the sphere of things you care enough about to act for them is smaller than it would be if you were good. But it's not just limited to yourself. That's not even true for evil characters.
So while we're not going to travel to distant lands to protect peasants from warlords, we're probably going to oppose murderous warlords in our own land. If the warlords aren't particularly murderous, though, we might see if they're hiring.
>>
>>54319314
>Yes, familiars are baller. Even without "free help action" shenanigans and "free spell resistance" cheating
The free help action is RAI, as fucking stupid as that is.
The free spell resistance was barely ever even RAW, but it was re-stated to be RAI just to make sure.
>>
>>54319518
If an action is impossible you should not roll for it. You should only have the players roll if the declared action is possible, has a chance of failure, has a consequence for failure, and there is something preventing them from just repeating the action over and over.
>>
File: J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing[1].jpg (19KB, 619x320px) Image search: [Google]
J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing[1].jpg
19KB, 619x320px
>>54319518
>players say they want to intimidate
>say there is no point rolling because it won't work
>'But I might get a 20'
>>
>Can a rogue/monk use Sneak Attack with unarmed strikes?
>The Sneak Attack feature works with a weapon
that has the finesse or ranged property. An unarmed strike isn’t a weapon, so it doesn’t qualify. In contrast, a rogue/monk can use Sneak Attack with a monk weapon, such as a shortsword or a dagger, that has one of the required

Is there literally any reason for this ruling? The two do the same amount of damage
>>
>>54319536
Thanks for the ideas. I'm in a weird sort of position because I'm the one with the most D&D experience, but I've never DM'd and don't intend to DM here, but our only potential DM is leaving town for good in a couple months (while or expected Paladin player isnt returning to town until roughly the same time), so I'm having to organise things in vague terms until we know whats happening
>>
Is swashbuckler dpr still good without twf? I feel like I'd be leaving money on the table if I don't bonus action attack with fancy footwork but BB and GFB seem like they'd do more

Tldr swashbuckler, Twf or booming blade
>>
>>54319622
Why not just go AT and get GFB+BB + Charm person and get mobile and stuff for advantage such as familiars and basically be a faster swashbuckler with slightly less initiative and more versatility?
>>
File: Cc64N.jpg (57KB, 613x414px) Image search: [Google]
Cc64N.jpg
57KB, 613x414px
>>54319504
>Party works for faerie queen so long they all become MC warlocks
>Post-BBEG (he ded), monk PC's love interest gets attacked by faerie assassins
>Queen is shocked and outraged, and appoints monk to be love interest's bodyguard (love interest is an empress)
>Monk investigates with the assistance of cleric and eventually discovers assassins were sent by the queen
>"Oh shit, she was just manipulating me to make me think she's doing me a favor!"
>Weeks later, giant fey monster attacks court
>Monk, cleric, and bard defeat it
>Faerie queen shows up in the monk's room, smug as hell
>"Good job defending the empress. I didn't know who among the fey nobles was the traitor, nor when they'd strike, so I needed a bodyguard I trusted."
>B-but you tried to have her killed!
>Nah, I just wanted to convince you it was very important to protect her from faerie threats. Good job, you've earned my favor."
>The monk's FW
>>
>>54319644
Magic is for faggots
>>
Does anyone have Emirikol's Guide to Devils and if yes, can you upload it somewhere?
>>
>>54319566
The MR is RAI? Then why does the PHB version of the Pseudodragon not have it?
You got a source? (Not trying to be a dick, just genuinely confused)

>>54319611
The only reaction they deserved to be completely desu

>>54319614
Not everything is about damage/balance. Sometimes it's about making sense. Sometimes it's about having arbitrary rules.
>>
>>54319675
>Not everything is about damage/balance. Sometimes it's about making sense.
If I can punch someone in plate mail I can punch them in the throat or do some kung fu pressure point bullshit

>Sometimes it's about having arbitrary rules.
That's more like it
>>
>>54319618
Good luck! You might find out your destiny is to ForeverDM. If so, you have my sympathy.

>>54319644
Because that fits very few character concept with any coherence?
>>
>>54319653
A wizard could wish 'I wish everybody didn't believe magic was for faggots' and you'd be instantly wrong but they wouldn't do that.
If people continue to believe it's for faggots then there'll be less wizards and thus there'll be nobody to compete with the wizards and they can keep a monopoly on magic items, power and pretty much everything.

Have fun, martial sheep.
>>
>>54319675
It's not RAI.
>was barely ever even raw, but it was re-stated to be RAI just to make sure
What I should have said is 're-stated to not be RAI just to make sure'
>>
>>54319702
It's practically the same as swashbuckler, though? Except they now know a couple of spells?

And it's entirely plausible to know magic in a world where more than half the classes know magic.
>>
>>54319718
Oh, so you meant "not having MR" is RAI. Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

>>54319734
"Fighting entirely with magic" is not "practically the same as swashbuckler." If my character concept is a traditional swashbuckler, Booming Blade makes absolutely no sense and sorta ruins the power fantasy.
>>
>>54319702
>You might find out your destiny is to ForeverDM. If so, you have my sympathy.
I think I'm safe in that regard, my flat mate is the Ranger and he very specifically wants me to play as a PC rather than DM. He knows a couple groups who play D&D so we'll probably have one of them DM, I'm just trying to take some of the work load on creating the setting and goal so they'll be more likely to do the rest for us, rather than roping them in to creating it all from scratch or trying to work us in to their other campaigns some how
>>
>>54319622
I like TFW because higher chance of getting sneak attack, but BB is probably better as it does more damage, and is more defensive because it makes enemies less likely to move and gives you more movement to get away with
>>
>>54319756
>"Fighting entirely with magic"
It's attacks with supplements of magic.

Also, the original poster sounded like they wanted to be a swashbuckler with GFB and BB, which would likely be swashbuckler with the magic initiate feat when you could instead be an AT with the mobile feat.
>>
>>54319831
>>54319831
>>54319831
>>54319831

New thread
>>
>>54319794
Ha! You think I actually read the CONTEXT of the post I replied to?
It's much more important for me to sperg out at things that annoy me than to make sure my posts have any relevance to the conversation I'm butting in on. Apparently.
>>
File: james may smug.jpg (30KB, 576x320px) Image search: [Google]
james may smug.jpg
30KB, 576x320px
>>54319653
>martialcucks still mad
>>
>>54319284
When Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out, Pact of the Blade is gonna be OP
>>
>>54319649
>strange rifts are opening in the forest and fae are pouring out and kidnapping people
>group closes two of them and eventually receives a note from an unmarked animal courier
>invited to midnight banquet in the forest and escorted there by hyper intelligent animals
>join the court of speaking beasts of lurue as a champion in the material plane
>fight evil fae that are trying to break into the material plane, make friends with talking animals, get to play an awesome multiclass

Shits fun, and it's nice because it's as lighthearted or heavy as the dm wants it to be
>>
>>54319878
Is it that broken?
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.