[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 31

Paizo Games General /pgg/ /pfg/ /sfg/

Size and Scale Edition:
Exactly how "Epic" in scope have you gone in a game? Creatures you cant hope to damage without a fleet of ships? Something you must enter the creature and kill it from within? Racing through a fire the size of an entire nation?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54297182
>>
File: 2b_thinking_with_coffee.png (137KB, 540x460px) Image search: [Google]
2b_thinking_with_coffee.png
137KB, 540x460px
Anyone got some homebrew to share with the class? Something you've been working on?
>>
File: 001111.png (291KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
001111.png
291KB, 540x540px
>get invited by a friend to my first pathfinder session tomorrow
>find out that the GM is a girl
>>
File: 1457405948455.png (26KB, 523x412px) Image search: [Google]
1457405948455.png
26KB, 523x412px
>>54306513
No need to sperg out, brah. It's just a girl.
>>
>>54306513

Really not something to panic about, anon.
>>
File: 1459390835746.jpg (110KB, 700x673px) Image search: [Google]
1459390835746.jpg
110KB, 700x673px
I have some real problems with making adventures and plots matching the real levels of my players.
For example, they're liv. 6 and already having a little trip into "space" to defeat an enemy hidden it "time".
How can i get better? Are there some guidelines or so? I don't have enough intelligence to make 7-8 levels of plot through a city, i want some spice myself to keep awake and to not bore my players to death.
>>
>>54306633
Better than the reverse.
>Be level 12 and still fighting bandits scaled up
>>
>>54306513
I've had female GMs before, they're okay. Just imagine them as a transsexual and you're good
>>
Are celeb players or celeb DMs preferable?
>>
>>54306694
It depends on the celeb in question.
>>
>>54306705
Well, shitposting and attention whoring in the thread aside, who's actually a good player? And who should be avoided?
>>
>>54306762
Why is this a concern? Are you trying to avoid joining their games? Are you trying to avoid picking them for games? Are you just trying to stir up shit? You're going to get opposing opinions no matter what, so if it concerns you, just avoid them.
>>
>>54306678
that's kind of how
>>
>>54306935
*hot
>>
>>54306815
Mostly just so that if I end up in a /pfg/ game I know what I'm getting into.
>>
>>54306513
Why panic?

So long as it's not a DMPC-driven fujoshi-class landwhale, it's gonna be normal.
>>
Reviewanons for Iron Waifus when?
>>
>>54307259
Hopefully fucking never because glorifying that fetish laden shit just makes me want to commit suicide since humanity apparently can't produce normal people who can't do things without first giving them a layer of pointless fetishism first.
>>
File: KE3pbaL.png (68KB, 195x443px) Image search: [Google]
KE3pbaL.png
68KB, 195x443px
>>54307121
>>
>>54307387
If it gets them popular and gets them into games, it's not pointless anon.
>>
>>54307387
Hey, not ALL of the apps there are fetish laden. Not unless you're reading too deep into them and projecting, at least.
>>
>>54307623

Most of the apps seem pretty normal
>>
>>54307788
I don't think anybody is blatantly aiming for fetishbait at all to be honest. I don't see where the anger is coming from. I mean, hell, compare it to Carnal Crown and shouldn't he be hoping that Iron Gods can drown it out?
>>
Current game listings

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-adventure (Closing in 1 Week)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown (Closing in 3 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (Closing in 1 month)
>>
What do you do if the master decides to attack your group with a lance cavalry charge?
>>
>>54308403
Fly/teleport away?
>>
Quick question I think I already know the answer to.

Constructs such as Wax Golems function correctly in a plane of null magic... right?
>>
>>54308734
Yes, golems and other constructs/creatures like them that are created by magic but not summoned still function in null magic and anti-magic zones.
>>
File: Golemancy.jpg (31KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Golemancy.jpg
31KB, 533x800px
>>54308734
Yes. Null magic, dead magic, and antimagic areas only affect active spell effects; the only time these areas affect the living states of creatures is if they're summons.
>>
>>54308819
>>54308823
Perfect, thanks.
>>
>>54308819
>>54308823
Follow up question: This means that you couldn't create a Golem from within a null magic area, but rather would have to leave the area, create the Golem, and then return with it, correct?
>>
>>54308924
This is correct, I think
>>
File: tumblr_nfgr85vjd91st9asto9_1280.png (609KB, 1280x1216px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfgr85vjd91st9asto9_1280.png
609KB, 1280x1216px
>>54306066

When Starfinder drops I want to try my hand at GMing so the first thing I intend to do is make a meta setting to test out different stuff and act as a teaching scenario for both myself and potential future pcs in the form of a massive VR game world.

One of the boss characters I intend to come up with is essentially a smart Deviljho that can talk and have him be in charge of a giant jurassic part style island with such games as "Can you outrun me before I find you and eat you?" or "I'm feeling lazy today, find me prey worthy to eat and I won't eat you, you have X amount of time to do it in."
>>
>>54308924
>>54308956
Mostly correct; you can't cast the spells you need to make the golem in an antimagic zone. However, if you have a high enough spellcraft check (Or another skill, if you can replace the spellcraft check, such as through the Promethean Disciple discovery), you can bypass the spellcasting components of golem crafting.

Of course, that'd be super fucking hard.
>>
>>54309216
poppets would be simple enought to make
>>
>>54309497
P O P P E T S
>>
How do you balance your enemies against a group that uses Path of War and Spheres?

I want to keep things challenging enough that they don't steamroll everything and start getting bored, so should I just boost enemies' hit points or what?
>>
>>54309578
give enemies PoW and spheres.
>>
>>54309578
"whats good for the goose is good for the gander"

Also known as any resources your players use NPC's also have access too
>>
>>54309578
By and large, have the world involved with that in some way.

The petty thugs, brawlers, and general combat-ready riff-raff are Warriors. Properly trained soldiers and the like are fighters. But when you get into champion level characters, the commanders and the leaders, those are your initiators. A charismatic Warlord leading a warband of savage orc barbarians; the kingsguard is made up of Sworn Protector Warders; the traveling mystic is literally a mystic; The assassin of kings is a Stalker. Initiation is reserved for the exceptional combatants, of whom there should be only a few, but enough that they're much more common than mages in most settings.

As for Spheres... well, if you're getting rid of Vancian casting anyhow, may as well get rid of it for the NPCs too.
>>
>>54309578
Spheres is meh at damage, and often the players will have less tools available to them than as normal casters. Meanwhile while PoW may be a tad overtuned for damage, its mostly focused on fighting singular enemies.

So really, having enemies come in groups that require the players to cooperate should be what you focus on, especailly if said groups of enemies are diverse like the party. Plus, if the enemy team has a caster, then chances are the Casters might start getting into Counterspell Fights considering how easy it is to counterspell in SoP. Plus, by forcing the PoW guys to fighter multiple dude, even if they aren't PoW in can be a hassle for them since they are limited mostly due to needing to spend an Immediate for counters

Even Lan al'Mandragora had a rough time fighting against multiple foes
>>
Ded thread is ded
>>
>>54310777
We deserve death, and should embrace it like a long-lost lover.
>>
File: prince.jpg (560KB, 1000x1129px) Image search: [Google]
prince.jpg
560KB, 1000x1129px
>>54306190
Other thread nuked from orbit, so reposting and crossing fingers for a bit of feedback.

https://pastebin.com/ECqfFHHE

TL;DR: It's a feat to duct-tape certain familiar features (scaling Int modifier, Speak With Master, etc) onto your Animal Companion, at the cost of not being able to take a familiar.
>>
>>54310777
Other thread tanked as I was typing my post, but can an inquisitor get their powers from an ideal or alignment instead of a god, like how a cleric can or most paladins do?
>>
>>54310777
I'm pretty sure tonight is a game night for a lot of people
>>
>>54306190
Reposting this from the deleted thread.

An attempt to fix the Ragechemist.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H8JTDT-ZAcmg2CDD7h7DqKXuNuGcrJwIlML3ble0Vvk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>54310811
"With the GM’s approval, an inquisitor can be devoted to an ideal instead of a deity, selecting one domain to represent her personal inclination and abilities. The restriction on alignment domains still applies."

So, was your mom killed by a book, or is there some other reason you refuse to read?
>>
>>54310902
I took some levels in Barbarian back in the days of 3.5 because I wanted to channel my anger into a productive skill like caving skulls in.
>>
>>54310902
That was unnecessarily aggressive of me, I apologize.
>>
>>54310946
It's fine, I actually meant to say thank you in >>54310942 but sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain and send a post before I double-check it.
>>
>>54311014
Fuck off Rory.
>>
>>54310808

Getting more feats and skillpoints on animal companions could be handy, and having an extra pair of eyes and ears that you can converse with never hurts in a narrative sense.
>>
Do animal companions have any archetypes like familiars?
>>
>>54311101
Yes. They're all pretty ass.
>>
>>54311101
they do but they're kind of all shit.
>>
File: 1362547452456.jpg (40KB, 240x220px) Image search: [Google]
1362547452456.jpg
40KB, 240x220px
>>54308221
Anons, can you help me decide on a character concept for Carnal Crown? I'm feeling torn between two ideas.

The first is a CN witch doctor of a tribal society who struggles to understand many common expectations of civilized society, such as money and basic public decency, and is fished out of the backwater sticks she called home because she had at one point saved Professor Lorrimor with her warding charms and healing. She venerates ancient spirits and ancestors to draw strength and wisdom from, so considers undead and those that create or control them to not only be abominations put also personal threats to her extended "family".

The second is a LG dhampir who once faithfully served a vampire as a maid until she was betrayed, but went on to become a paladin (with a particular grudge against vampires) after a long period of soul-searching and lessons from priests. Now her only masters are the virtues of LAW and GOODNESS, except for when she needs to make some money in which case she still works as a maid on the side. Such an occasion led to her working for Professor Lorrimor for an extended period.

On a related note, do you think Profession: Maid should cover cooking food?
>>
>>54311111
No?
>>
>>54309970
His name is al'Lan Mandragoran you piece of ignorant cotton
>>
>>54311111
First, since fuck dhampirs. Up to the GM.
>>
>>54311143
Yeah, a maid might clean house, cook food, do chores, run errands, and other miscellaneous stuff, but stuffing all of that under one skill feels like a bit much, especially when some things (cooking, in particular) are common craft or profession skills in their own right.

>>54311166
Well, I'm not completely tied to the idea of her being a dhampir, even though I think it would be pretty neat... Though admittedly, the idea of a vampire-slaying dhampir is a little played out by now, isn't it? Anyway, supposing that she were human instead of dhampir, would your answer change? Or do you see other problems with that concept too?
>>
>>54311111
The first one is great - fuck, I'd want to see her played in a non-lewd campaign, actually. The whole backwoods bog witch with a collection of healing herbs is a trope I want to see more of, and her probably being some busty topless bitch makes it even better.

The second one's got a good thing going with the maid concept... But then you tore it into pretty little lacy pieces with a generic Paladin story. Don't do that, please.
>>
>>54311108
>>54311110
I've never heard of any, got a link?
>>
>>54311244
For the second one, I'm solidly attached to the core of "used to be a vampire's maid, things turned sour, now vampire-hunting maid". The rest of the idea is still pretty pliable, and I admit I just went to Paladin as class because it seemed fitting and sensible for the AP. I could pretty easily do something else like a Slayer, but do you think there's enough to build a good backstory out of with just the core concept I described? There's an easy justification for WHY she became a vampire hunter, but I'll still need to supply one for HOW she did it, if it wasn't "trained by priests". Would it be less generic if, instead of vague priests, it was some old sage or monk that taught her the techniques needed to turn the tables on her old master?
>>
>>54311298
check the animal companions page on the SRD
>>
>>54311108
Honestly, Racer isn't a bad one if you don't mind losing Share Spells, and Charger is good for mounted melee types, as long as you get your GM to agree that it should really give the mount proficiency with the armors it affects.
>>
File: 1437711566769.jpg (46KB, 388x263px) Image search: [Google]
1437711566769.jpg
46KB, 388x263px
>>54311324
You... Really didn't care about the first idea, did you? That was just a prepper to get us ready for the second idea bull? I get it, but it still stings.

If you want a good reason to be a vampire-slaying badass, you really need to go full camp with it. Seriously, being some maid-turned-Paladin is corny as hell, you need to OWN it. Maybe she meets a Battle Butler that likes her gumption, and encourages her to join him and his secret society of Vampire-hunting domestic workers.

Maybe their organization is called, "The Help."
>>
How bad would it be if I apped D for Carnal Crown?
>>
>>54311402
I'd give you a D
>>
>>54311339
I can't believe I've never noticed those. You're right, they're all a little underwhelming.
>>
>>54311499
They have to be; there's not a lot they can change about a given animal companion, since it has to modify the table, rather than the beast itself.

I have it on good authority, however, that we'll get some actually interesting stuff for Animal companions out of Ultimate Wilderness in November.
>>
File: 1453257079540.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453257079540.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>54311364
No, I do like the first idea! But you didn't give me anything to work with about it. You told me it's good and described what you like about it, but didn't tell me anything wrong with it. You told me something you think is wrong with the second idea, so I tried to come up with ways to fix that because it seems like the first idea doesn't need fixing.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm asking for advice just to ignore it!

For the witch, I was originally looking into making her a less friendly sort, going for a scary voodoo witch doctor kind of vibe, but the idea metamorphosed into a more benevolent figure. I agree with you, it's a trope that doesn't get explored often enough and I really like the idea of being able to play up her unfamiliarity with social constructs of civilized society most people take for granted everybody understands. If I had to my finger on a single concern about the concept, it would be that I don't think the natives of Ustalav would be so comfortable with her strange, foreign ways and that make social situations really hard to deal with. Also, I saw her more like the shaman of a tribe than the midwife of a rural village, and although Ustalav probably has lots of the latter I don't think it's got much of the former? Though, maaaaybe something like that could exist in Virlych? That feels like a stretch, but its wastelands are the first place in Ustalav that springs to my mind when trying to figure out where you could find a tribal clan of primitives.
>>
>>54311548
I really hope so.
>>
>>54311552
You should use Anna for your cute socially inept witch!
>>
>>54311552
What if she's got a Varisian mother and is the village recluse? You know, that weird woman who lives out in the forest, accumulating all sorts of nasty rumors related to her... Well, everything. Won't be a painted up hussy, but she'll certainly be lascivious, socially dim and ill-tempered!
>>
File: 1476485182998.jpg (279KB, 619x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476485182998.jpg
279KB, 619x720px
>>54311244
>The whole backwoods bog witch with a collection of healing herbs is a trope I want to see more of, and her probably being some busty topless bitch makes it even better.
UNF
>>
What's a good build for a Fighter who wants to ambush his enemies like the Rogue?
>>
>>54311814
Slayer
>>
Something odd I just noticed while inputting the Psionic races from Bloodforge (Rana, Thrallspawn, Lasher, Lurker).

None of them have the "Psionic Aptitude" racial trait that allows them to select a power point as a favored class bonus, despite ostensibly being "psionic" races, with Rana and Thrallspawn even getting Wild Talent as a bonus feat.

Is this just an inconsistency on DSP's part or am I crazy? The Zealot FCB for the Rana and Thrallspawn DOES say "+1 Power Point" but it's only for the ZEALOT and not any other psionic class? I feel like I should have an editor's note saying that those races, with the Psionic subtype and the Naturally Psionic racial trait, ought to also have Psionic Aptitude, but I don't wanna overstep my bounds as an SRD-fag. What's your take on it, /pgg/?
>>
>>54311752
I have to imagine that even then she'd be at least passingly familiar with some of the social norms that I'm hoping to play her up as clueless about. But if she were raised by a mother like that, one who wants to keep her daughter isolated from the outside world... That could frame a decent background for her being so socially inept. And if, perhaps, her mother isn't very nice at all, that'd give a good reason for her to leave that life behind!

I wasn't planning on making her a changeling, but when I consider that idea, she could easily be a changeling... and it's not like changelings don't make great witches.

>>54311792
Oh, that's a lovely picture. I was planning on delving into my character art folder after deciding which concept I want to pursue, but I'm just going to not-so-discreetly save that image. I could see myself using this for the witch character, if I go that route. Thanks, Anon!
>>
>>54311918
>Oh, that's a lovely picture. I was planning on delving into my character art folder after deciding which concept I want to pursue, but I'm just going to not-so-discreetly save that image. I could see myself using this for the witch character, if I go that route. Thanks, Anon!
A pleasure to be of assistance. As I was reading the idea I couldn't help but think "I've got some great art for that one."
>>
>>54311918
Changelings make great witches, are uncomfortably common in Ustalav, and would fit perfectly with the idea of her being strange, socially aloof and awkward - maybe she even lived with her hag mother, which would mean utter separation from a "proper" upbringing, her only connections to the real world being the occasional man her mother brings in for a mate or meal.
>>
>>54311939
I have to be honest, that landscape and the crow and the rain make me like the picture at least as much as the actual character in the picture does. She seems a bit of an odd sort for a full caster, wandering around with a blood-splattered sword in hand. Are there any archetypes or builds for a witch that would wander around with a sword like that?

>>54311988
Yeah that's pretty much how I was thinking about it. It all fits together so nicely that I'm honestly kind of surprised I didn't think of it myself before! I guess I was tunnel visioning towards the idea of her being the shaman/witch doctor of some human tribe out in the wilderness somewhere.
>>
Are there any traits or archetypes that could give let a barbarian be Lawful? I'm trying to play a paladin with one level in barbarian, but I'm not finding anything about Lawful barbarians.
>>
>>54312194
Be a Bloodrager
>>
>>54312194
Bloodrager, VMC barbarian can both be lawful
>>
>>54312213
>>54312228
...Oh shit, that's right! I completely forgot about bloodrager somehow, thanks /tg/!
>>
>>54308221
So for my Iron Gods character I am thinking for a reason the technic league abducted my character's daughter.

I'm thinking possibly she was exposed to numerian fluids my character took care of her, she was snatched up by the technic league as a sample.
>>
>>54312349

Don't feel bad. Paizo did the same thing.
>>
File: THIS NO PICKLE PEE.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
THIS NO PICKLE PEE.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>54312400
YAMETE
IT HURTS
>>
>>54312400
Poor, poor hybrid classes.
>>
File: Shapeshifter Bloodline.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
Shapeshifter Bloodline.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>54312451
Nah, they're still getting stuff. For instance, Bloodragers recently got access to this awesome shit at the same time as sorcerers.

Plus, most of them can outright steal shit from their parent classes.
>>
>>54312559
Yea, Bloodrager isn't Slayer after all :^U
>>
I reached the point in the home brew where all the main ideas are on paper and the only thing left is to start crunching the numbers.

any tips or encouragement.
>>
File: 44260730_p2.png (235KB, 466x663px) Image search: [Google]
44260730_p2.png
235KB, 466x663px
>>54312701
Here's some encouragement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

Remember! Connie and I are cheering for you!
>>
>>54312701
I have reached the point in the homebrew where the only thing left is turning my 5 "bloodline" concepts into actual full-fledged ability sets, and adding FCBs.

And, of course, playtesting and theorycrafting and being told how stupidly broken it all is by a bunch of people. But such is life.
>>
>>54312701
i'VE REACHED THE POINT IN THE HOMEBREW WHERE I'M QUESTIONING EVERYTHING I'VE DONE AND REALIZING ONE OF MY SPELLS IS GARBAGE
>>
>>54313518
berry punny
>>
>>54313518
Why are 5efags always shitting up this thread

Just go enjoy your game, why do you have to try to force others to like it
>>
Do you guys ever create rival parties for your group to fight throughout the campaign?
>>
>>54313565
requires too much gm fiat
>>
>>54313576
Yeah if you're a gay baby maybe
>>
>>54313582
Nah, players tend to murder everything they come across, wisely, leaving a party of hostile characters with PC levels alive is just trouble.
>>
>in a time travelling campaign
>Bbeg says "it's not where I'm from, it's when I'm from"
>>
>>54313605
>in a random /tg/ thread
>someone tries to start a chain of cliche statements as if they're a think that happens.
>>
So what has come out for Starfinder? New stuff about classes or leaks?
>>
>>54313612
I know it's gonna happen because I just thought to use it in my campaign you retard
>>
File: YZTcTuV.jpg (353KB, 980x1428px) Image search: [Google]
YZTcTuV.jpg
353KB, 980x1428px
Does anyone have a pdf of Everyman Unchained: Fighter, and Unchained Fighter options by Rogue Genius games?
>>
>>54313646
nice meme dude
>>
>>54313621

We learned recently about a sort of galactic defense organization known as the Exo-Guardians. They seem pretty cool, although they've apparently been screwing up lately.
>>
>>54313653
Suck my fucking cock you faggot I exclusively play wizards
>>
File: PM Them.jpg (296KB, 700x2356px) Image search: [Google]
PM Them.jpg
296KB, 700x2356px
Have you mustered the courage to do it yet?
>>
>>54313688
Whoa dude, really bringing out the funny shit tonight.

I'm buckled over here, these memes are gold!
>>
>>54313692
Yes.
Have YOU though? You come back all the time implying we haven't, but haven't you someone you want to PM?
>>
Help me, please
http://www.strawpoll.me/13431338
>>
>>54313783
Boy/Girl Scout who went into Archeology but uses those skills to pull off small-time heists and jobs, telling him/herself that they'll get out when they score big.
>>
>>54313783
Why did you add the "feck off" option, now we're all going to just choose that one.
>>
>>54313783
Narcoleptic voodoo witch
>>
>>54313837
Because I know what I deserve.
>>
>>54313660
Screw up organizations are more likely to hire less capable candidates, where can I apply?
>>
File: PZOSFS0101E-Zigvigix.jpg (54KB, 472x500px) Image search: [Google]
PZOSFS0101E-Zigvigix.jpg
54KB, 472x500px
>>54313969

With faction leader Zigvigix, presumably. They're the one working on turning the 'guardians back around.
>>
When was the last time one of your characters was a fat bastard?

It's one of the things I don't usually see mentioned because not very many mechanical benefits.
>>
>>54314082
I've considered it just to fuck with y'all about NTRguy meta.

But nah, I've never played an obese character. Figure I wouldn't have much excuse to, considering how much exercise they get running, fighting, and generally being adventurous and active.

I think the closest I ever got was a past barbarian PC developing a gut and going to seed a little as he got older, but still never got any worse than strongfat.
>>
File: tmp_11922-swGum4p_d1146155583.jpg (39KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11922-swGum4p_d1146155583.jpg
39KB, 610x343px
>>54314065
I wonder what concepts would make for good BugFolk characters? Psychic Beetle comes to mind, but not much else.
>>
>>54314117
Would the general NTRguy be a vigilante with their alter ego having the sexual prowess?
>>
>>54314184
You could do that, but I'd probably just use Disguise Self or something to hide the eyes and play a Bloatmage. That at least gives me an excuse to play a fat old dude.
>>
>>54314184
RAPEMAN
>>
>>54314184
>Man NTRs his wife
>From himself

This is the only situation where I'd sanction such a thing.
>>
File: 6fa.gif (1MB, 441x350px) Image search: [Google]
6fa.gif
1MB, 441x350px
>>54306066

Remember to have a good day today!
>>
>>54314271
I'm now imagining a vigilante couple that are married in their social identities, and are having a torrid affair in their vigilante identities, unaware that they're having an affair with their spouse.
>>
>>54314271
In that instance, does it really matter that they didn't technically cheat when they acted believing that they were cheating?
>>
>>54314351
Either they're having an affair with each other in vig identities, OR each is having an affair with the other's civ identity.
>>
>>54314362
I guess what really matters is what they do afterwards. Do they acknowledge it as just the thrill of the forbidden and play it off as a fantasy they indulge in to keep up a healthy sex life?
>>
>>54314380
Both of them are wonderfully awkward.

>>54314382
I probably would go for that. They're clearly interested in each other despite the strangeness surrounding it. If they could get past it, it might even strengthen their bonds!
>>
Thoughts on the Tinkerer, /pfg/?

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Alchemist%20Tinkerer
>>
>>54314417
its shit
>>
So /tg/, how can I get scent as a bloodrager skinwalker? There's the Scent rage power, but that's only while raging, are there any more permanent options?
>>
>>54314455
Have you actually read up on skinwalkers? There's like a half-dozen variants that get scent. Werebat, wereboar, whatever, take your pick.
>>
>>54314117
If an NTRguy is about skill rolls (diplomacy to gather info and persuade, intimidate for blackmailing) then wouldn't investigators make the best NTRdudes? They even have alchemy for making their powerful aphrodisiacs and sedatives.
>>
>>54314519
You're probably right. They can even do it with absolutely abysmal charisma, since there's a shitload of ways they can get away with doing it through intelligence.
>>
>>54314082
In Black Crusade, not PF, because it's hard to mechanically represent in PF and without it you're really just gimping yourself in a way that's hard to excuse, or just makes it absurd.
>>
>>54314454
Y tho? Gets familiar and doesn't afraid or anything.
>>
>>54314168
Are you kidding? Bombardier Beetle star pilot, The Gold Bug merchant, Stag Beetle envoy hittin' on all the ladybugs, Dung Beetle scvavenger, Scarab Beetle mystic....I mean come on, this stuff writes itself!
>>
>>54314570
Clockwork familiars aren't very good and losing mutagen fucking sucks for it

Just take tumor familiar if you want a familiar, its about 10x better than that entire archetype.
>>
>>54314517
I know, but I'm playing a witch-wolf, which doesn't get that option.
>>
I got kind of a stupid question. What is the pattern for pricing on belts/headbands that grant a bonus to two ability scores? What about all three ability scores? I'm trying to determine odd-numbered bonuses or bonuses above +6.
>>
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1268740
>Someone actually applied to a game with this.
I want to scream.
>>
>>54314983
The formula is in the magic item crafting section the the PFSRD
>>
>>54314455
Spheres of power? You can trade in the Change Shape racial trait for a permanent transformation with Scent as a spell point option.
Or get that magic items that give scent.
>>
>>54314993
Why are you even surprised?
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1xywEW58IoLX1JjblZSSWJ0NmM/view
Check this shit out, guys.
This is the coolest Gunslinger variant I've seen so far.
It removes all shit like "you get +X to attack/damage" or DEX to damage, instead giving you very cool shit to do with deeds which is pretty much point-based initiating - some deeds recover grit, some other deeds expend grit and have effects proportional to how much grit you spent (e.g. one deed gives 2d6 damage per point of grit spent).
>>
So how bad of an idea is letting a player combine a familiar with an animal companion? He has full progression on both.

Basically the physical side like BAB, saves, skills, feats... are from the companion while the special abilities like Share Spells come from the familiar. This is how it works in 3.5 with Arcane Hierophant PrC.

I don't know if losing the action economy is a decent trade-off for a beefier pet.
>>
>>54315158
Animal Companions are already one of the most powerful class features in the game - they're as strong as another PC, sometimes stronger, and they're stapled to a PC who can heal, buff, and be a decent martial if they want to. Adding anything at all to an animal companion is just piling more frosting onto your massive diabetes-inducing cake.
>>
>>54315158
So you want something more powerful than an eidolon?
>>
>>54315310
Familiar doesn't give that much you goon.

It's Evolutions that give Eidolons their stupid power.
>>
>>54315358
Familiar+animal companion is horrifyingly potent. Familiars gain intelligence, which animal companions do not have. Eidolons have intelligence and a lot of the familiar qualities. Everything a familiar can do, an eidolon can do better, \

Now bypass the eidolon's evolution points, by giving all the familiar abilities to an animal companion, making it intelligent (skill monkey now), the druid/hunter's saves and BAB, access to natural attacks and special abilities they don't have to pay points for, and half the HP of the master, who can still use buff spells on it, share spells on it, AND have it attack with touch spells.

Familiar+animal companion>eidolon.

Idiot.
>>
>>54315400
>Natural attacks

So what, like 2-3 of them? As opposed to like, 6-7?

Eidolons are also far more durable, with no penalty for them biting the dirt, and have easily accessible sizeups.
>>
>>54315422
Except 6-7 attacks happens at 10th level for an eidolon. You have to buy anything past 1 or 2 for an eidolon. Tigers start with 3+pounce+rake at 1st level. Now give it touch spell delivery as well as shared spells also at 1st level. Are you getting the picture yet?
>>
>>54315151
It looks kind of like Mystic, in a way, since your Grit pool starts the day at 2 and you have to fill it up to use it well.
>>
>>54315593
So 'not be able to buy more natural attacks or other abilities at all' is better than having to spend something on them that's spent on nothing else?

Have you heard of this archetype called Overwhelming Soul, I think you'd like it.
>>
>>54306190
Started working on a spell-less Hard archetype that I had put on the backburner for a year or so. Give up spells for songs that have a stacking benefit the longer you perform them. With a songbird familiar which has its own set of songs, which can increase the benefit of yours or you can increase it's songs benefits.
>>
>>54315677
>Hard archetype
Based phoneposter.
>>
>>54314576
I'm taking it as an Android, so it fits better than Tumor, which costs feats to boot. A Clockwork Familiar seems pretty solid, though, usually requires Improved Familiar, and I wasn't too sold on mutagens, so I was already looking for something to replace it.
>>
>>54315815
>so it fits better than Tumor, which costs feats to boot.
Literally doesn't: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo-alchemist-discoveries/tumor-familiar-ex/
>>
>>54315656
....try, "automatically gaining bonuses at higher levels for no cost whatsoever due to the combination of abilities allowed to Animal companions and Familiars"?

At 11th level you can have a huge eidolon with 6 extra attacks and a few skills by spending all your evolutions.

At 11th level if you combine an animal companion and a familiar you get for free, NA +12 (because natural armor bonuses stack), Int 11 that icnreases with level without cost, 4 extra tricks (free skills and abilities without spending feats), spell resistance, improved evasion from 1st level, speak with animals of it's kind, touch spell delivery, and the special attacks and all the attacks of an animal of it's type which you would pay for for using an eidolon. don't forget that the base save bonuses of the familiar is taken from it's own or it's master, whichever is better, and it can use all the master's skills as well, unlike the eidolon. That is above and beyond the devotion, share spells, ability score increases, and multiattack, with eidolons and animal companions get for free, and eidolons and animal companions share the same attack table.

Eidolons are more versistile, but the cost mitigates a lot of that. Since you can add on Familiar archetypes, animal companion/familiar only feats, and can even give them some evolution points though feats, combining an animal companion with a familiar easily overwhelms the eidolon. So, yes, combining animal companion and familiar into one is fucking atrociously overpowered.
>>
WWW Recap: The Stopover Episode
>Arrive in a massive city run by ratfolk
>Arthur the Scholar, who lived in a little tent by the Maw in Rosewater, happens to have enough money to buy everyone train tickets to his place.
>Mary decides this is a perfect time to go on a scroll shopping spree, with Jenny following as the exasperated chaperone
>Magwau meets a nice magician girl and spills spaghetti
>He decides to show Mary, thinking she'd be interested in magic shows. This ends up causing more spaghetti
>Find a back-alley confrontation between some drunk men and a con artist rat
>Mary glitterdusts her way out of a confrontation with Jenny scaring off any retribution
>Ratperson isn't really thankful. This gets on Mary's nerves enough to force her to intimidate him with her gun.
>She decides to let him go just because she still wants to be a nice person
>Session ends with everyone getting on the train, including magician girl and some orchestra. Surely that orchestra won't try something stupid, right...?
>>
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rcwz?Silverdisks#21
According to JJ, Tech Batteries are the same shape and size as gold coins, but have 50 times higher density.
This puts their density at about 966g/m^3.
For comparison, the core of the sun is estimated at 150g/m^3.
These batteries are over 6 times denser than the core of the motherfucking sun.
Yet Numerians are so masochistic they use those monstrosities as currency.
>Paizuri-tier writing
>>
>>54316126

How close is that to the Schwarzschild point?
>>
>>54316155
Very far.
A black hole of that mass would have to have a radius on the order of 10^-28m.
>>
>>54316126
I mean cm^3, not m^3.
A typo there in both places.
>>
>>54315953
I seriously don't understand your viewpoint.

Isn't getting evolution points at all still 'free' compared to an animal companion?

Is this like those people saying Betrothed is a nerf because it needs double feats to do the same thing when they GET twice as many feats in the first place?
>>
>>54316126
>They're relatively heavy due to the fact that they've got super-science in them.
LMAO
>>
>>54316194

Jacobs really is a piece of shit. Whenever questioned about why what he writes is such trash he always just hides behind "DUDE HOUSERULE IT LMAO"
>>
>>54308823
But a golem isn't a living creature
>>
>>54316126
Why are the Paizo forums such a delightful source of thread material?
>>
>>54316455
It's fun to laugh at the mentally retarded.
>>
Does a homunculus have a soul in pathfinder?
>>
>>54316231
How canon can we regard forum posts from the developers answering questions about the setting? They've said some wild stuff...
>>
>>54316486
They should be considered canon unless they're a contradiction then you flyer to make a judgement call

Or just make your own setting you know. People here love that shit.
>>
>>54315158
I see nothing wrong in it, it's powerful as hell, but it's a net tradeoff.
>>
>>54316192
Sure, if you compare it to JUST animal companion, but that's not what the anon was asking. He was asking if it was feasible to combine Animal Companion with Familiar, getting all the abilities of both. Animal Companion is less versatile than Eidolon, but an animal companion gaining all the abilities of a familiar as well is stronger than an Eidolon could ever be.

If that makes no sense to you still, then you're holeplessly retarded and should never play anything more complex than a fighter with no 3PP access.
>>
>>54316475
No, constructs never have souls unless they're added seperately (c.f. soulbound dolls)
>>
>>54316615
What about emotions?
>>
>>54316645
None.
>>
>>54316645
Only if they are not mindless. If they are mindless they have no emotions.

But that does not mean they are not self aware or without motivation, as self-awareness is a function of charisma and motivation is a function of charisma. Note that golems have a caveat that states they do nothing without commands, unlike mindless undead.
>>
>>54316126
>These batteries are over 6 times denser than the core of the motherfucking sun.
That's probably pretty close to where fusion ignition would happen.
Imagine handling those carelessly and getting a fusion explosion on your hands lel
>>
>>54316674
>That's probably pretty close to where fusion ignition would happen.
Not even close
>>
>>54316645
Depends. Mindless construct have no emotions, but some creatures that have minds have no emotions (androids for instance). this is listed as a special quality. Since golems that are not mindless have no such special quality listed they may have emotions. At that point it's GM's call.
>>
>>54316674
Density=/=pressure, moron.

>>54316126
So 1 pound per square centimeter.

You know why?

SO YOU CAN'T CARRY 30 OF THEM WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE.
>>
>>54316714
>SO YOU CAN'T CARRY 30 OF THEM WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE.
>no nice things for martials allowed
>>
>>54316714
>SO YOU CAN'T CARRY 30 OF THEM WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE.
>dubious balance takes precendent over all common sense
So this is the mind of a Paizodrone
>>
>>54316733
>>54316727
So houserule it. Let your players have 10000 batteries. That won't impact your game at all.
>>
>>54316751
It won't. Do Handy Haversacks not exist anymore?
>>
>>54316751
It really won't, though.
As is, tech is garbage and inferior to non-tech alternatives in pretty much every imaginable comparison.
Removing the weight tax would at least make it less silly.
>>
>>54316765
They have a weight limit as well as a space limit.
>>
>>54316798
Are you the type who makes players keep track of arrows down to the singular
>>
>>54316798
>space limit
Each battery is the size of a coin, thus it's irrelevant.
And the weight limit still lets you carry 120 of them in a single bag.
>>
Did we ever get Ensoulmeme greentexts
>>
>>54316808
No, but it's pretty significant when you have players who like to steal libraries.
>>
>>54308221
Fuck off
>>
>>54316817
>primal magic and null magic areas won't impact the number of batteries held in a handy haversack at all
Cool.
>>
>>54312559
>literally 0 synergy with Skinwalker
Everytime
>>
>>54316881
I miss stuff like Warshaper and Weretouched master too.
>>
>>54315126
You would just think when the DM asks you to not to break shit you wouldn't dump 3 stats, boost 2 over 20 and stack bonuses so you could have a +20 to diplo.
>>
>>54316881
I wish fewer skinwalkers took Wis penalties. Just.. why?
>>
>>54317036
I wish as a shapechanger race you get something from shapechanger focused classes, JUST SOMETHING! but nope, trap option if you do literally get nothing from your race and racial feats.
>>
>>54316808
I'm the type of player who keeps track of his arrows down to the singular.
>>
>>54316834
They had some ceremony. They went out to do something joined by this old man ranger who predicted a mudslide. There was a boat in the mudslide so the vitalist used a spell to walk over to it and there was some Fae creature that dances people to death and he asked for a shawl so they went off and found it then when they asked him why he needed it someone rolled a sense motive and he was lying through his teeth.
The session ended with this tense scene where it looks like they're about to fight this guy.
>>
>>54317032
Welcome to 2hu. "It's not breaking anything, it's only optimal!"
>>
>>54317050
It's pretty bs all around. Then again paizo has been fairly open about their dislike of "monstrous" races so intentionally hurting attempts at such things isn't surprising.
>>
>>54314993
Dunno shit about that class, I assume it uses Cha for Attack, damage and Hps.

Seen worse stuff, with rolling stats, I seen a dude start with two 20s and rest above 12 while my highest stat was a 13.
>>
>>54317108
I think he's freaking out at the character more or less being a short, busty cock-sock snake-woman.
>>
>>54317050
only skinwalker worth a damn is ragebred, gore and hooves don't get in the way and actually give you something because shapechanger classes give you bite and claw attacks so it synergizes. Rest of subraces are trash.
>>
>>54317112
I'd be more concerned with the functionally retarded seduction witch, personally. int 7, wis 7, Cha 20, con 18, patron....deception.

That makes perfect sense.
>>
>>54317172
It's a TRAP
>>
>>54317112
You forgot narcissistic self worshiping made up furfag race.
>>
>>54314993
>mixed blood trait to gain the fey subtype
>altered life for cha to HP because she has the fey subtype
Good ideas all around, DSP was never a mistake.
>>
>>54317199
I mean, it would be one thing if they were in two separate books, but this is THE SAME BOOK. BOTH WERE IN BLOODFORGE.
>>
>>54317199
Nope, DSP is PERFECTLY BALANCED.
>>
>>54317212
>>54317199
I can see why Jade was so sorely disappointed in himself.
>>
ok, my group needs a secondary damage dealer and debuffer. I was thinking Magus with enforcer and rimespell.
25 Point buy, 5th level
I want to go Tiefling, but if I go Tiefling Dex magus is pretty much it and that means 2 feat tax (wfinesse, dervish dancer) then the other two feats are going to be rimespell and enforcer. Traits are probably magical lineagex2 (not actually pick it twice, but I don't remember the name of the other, wajang something?) for Frostbite and Shocking grasp if I live enough to get intensify spell

Ideas? stat array?
>>
>>54317251
15,14,12,16,9,12 before racial bonuses
15,16,12,18,9,12 after
Increase str to 16 at 4th level

Seems like the best option, go Str route you'll save two feats. Increase Str at 8th, 12th, 16th etc
>>
>>54317172
My favorite part is the x50 Night Tea.
I mean, its not like the rest of the character was subtle but bitch please.
>>
File: Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>Wakizashi is exotic
>Nodachi isn't
>>
>>54317172
>7 int
>on a 2+INT class

but
why
>>
>>54317470
Because the only reason that app exists is to get in through hoping that the GM is a massive thirstlord.
>>
>>54317445
Isn't night tea bothersome to make? Why doesn't she just have an emergency stash of Night Tea for flushing out her system every couple of weeks, or maybe just have a box of Bachelor's Snuff to give the guy?
>>
>>54317467
>Paizo supremely overestimates the value of the deadly quality
News at 11
>>
>>54317480
>hoping that the GM is a massive thirstlord.

Well, I mean she DOES worship the Demon Lord of thirst.
>>
Okay I'm running a rogue/alchemist with the feat Eclectic and I'm wondering i'm level 6 would I get the extra rogue talent from being human if the majority of my levels are inside alchemist?
>>
>>54317375
>16 str on a Str build
>12 con on a d8 melee class
kek
>>
>>54315847
Sorry, I was confusing my shit. Still, costs Discoveries, then.
>>
Gestalt CotCT game when?
>>
>>54317929
When you run one, anon.
>>
I want to lewd an elf!
>>
>>54317067
>It's not breaking anything, it's only optimal
No, 2hu would admit it is degenerate but go "if GM didn't want broken stuff they should just explicitly ban it".
>>
>>54317929
I'd rather see a high-level Mythic adventure akin to DTG's Godling campaign.
>>
File: smorg.alf.png (195KB, 437x396px) Image search: [Google]
smorg.alf.png
195KB, 437x396px
>>54317990
Elves are not for lewd, they're for smug.
>>
>>54315815
it costs a lot -more- than it takes to take tumor familiar, the amount of alch stuff you lose out on really doesn't make up for it.
>>
>>54318004
What about smug lewd?
>>
File: 1412995467718.jpg (21KB, 339x187px) Image search: [Google]
1412995467718.jpg
21KB, 339x187px
>>54318004
>implying
>>
>>54318071
>>54318039
No, smug and breeding only. And always separate. Never together.
>>
File: 1471332991572.png (197KB, 581x679px) Image search: [Google]
1471332991572.png
197KB, 581x679px
>>54318081
Come now anon. You surely don't believe that elves, smuggest of races, aren't power bottoms?
>>
>>54318116
Not at all, Elves as we have seen are devoted lovers and lifelong friends. This could mean anything from power bottoms to hard sub to dominant.

And I don't see why this conversation is important?
>>
>>54317646
INT 7, WIS 7

The better question is why should would have night tea at all.
>>
>>54316645
So a Promethean Alchemist could quest to give his homunculus daughter a soul so she can become a complete person.
>>
>>54318187
Somebody once told her it keeps vampires away.
>>
>>54318187
That IS a good question, if she came from a tiny little wandering tribe than how does she have such a large cache of Night Tea? Was she the village bicycle before leaving? I doubt that, in fact the way her backstory's written makes me think she's still a maid, unused to the wandering eyes and liberal sensibilities of the wider world.

Couldn't have bought the stuff from the Company either, I could see her getting some from concerned female colleagues who notice their male partners beginning to check her out, but that's on a dose-by-dose basis.
>>
>>54318003
Godling Game wasn't mythic and I honestly shudder at what those characters could have done if they were.

It wasn't high level either. it started at level 5.
>>
And there goes the thread steering off to discussions only a thirstlord would fucking be part of unironically with the usual fucking "elf wat do"s and shitty throwaway meme characters.
>>
>>54318384
I want Mythic!
>>
>>54313692
There's not a damn soul I want to PM. There's not a damn soul that wants to PM me.
>>
>>54318004
Kawase is a shitter who doesn't use quotation marks
>>
>>54318398
Mythic is anything but balanced, full casters are even more OP as fuck
>>
>>54318403
I want to PM you. What's your handle, partner?
>>
>>54314082
I played a fat old man in a wheelchair. Fluffed his ability to fly as a magitek wheelchair that could carry him about. It was a mostly city-bound game, so it worked, as we weren't dealing with dungeon shit and trekking through the woods.
>>
>>54314082
I played one in Kingmaker. He was an alchemist.

He got killed by a PiscoDaemon in a certain dungeon RIP. My first PF character death.
>>
So, what do people think of Tuvarkz's app for Dominions of Vice?
>>
>>54318004
I never noticed this before, but some of the highlighting on that picture makes it look like there's cum dripping from the corner of her mouth.
>>
>>54318533
100% original DONUT STEEL
>>
>>54315158
I'm supremely late to the party, but see >>54310808 for an idea. I wouldn't combine them 100% though, as that gets silly.
>>
>>54318548
Reminder that C3 was a hyperslut for several decades before she got her shit together
>>
>>54317108
>Make a trap
>Give it pretty decent CON and high CHA
>Bard fits the character even though oracle is more fitting for optimization
>Someone else does the whole 'CHA-FOCUS' thing better than me
>:(
>>
>>54318592
She still is, anon. She still is.
>>
>>54318410
But I wouldn't play a caster?
>>
>>54316587
But anon, 1 Companion + 1 Animal Companion is already more powerful because of course they are. Combining that into a single entity is a downgrade. Slight, but still, and quite reasonable.
>>
>>54318533
>Expecting Tuvarkz to do anything but minmax
Its in his nature, you must come to accept this.
>>
>>54318613
Just like a real trap, faggot.
>>
>>54316486
Officially we'd have to accept all of it as canon, as they're the setting writers.

So, in practice, they and their setting just keeps getting more and more retarded.

>>54316733
Yes, we wouldn't want someone to carry 300 shots (or less) of a weapon without consequence.

Why, if that were alright, people might craft and carry thousands of arrows for a small fraction of the cost of even one of these batteries! WOULDN'T THAT BE SILLY!
>>
>>54316834
I could type one up when I get home, didnt do so earlier because I thought it might be better to wait for another session so it didn't end on a cliffhanger just as it was getting exciting.
>>
>>54316751
Being able to houserule it does NOT solve the initial problem. It is a bandaid. A stim-pack. It lets you keep going, but the underlying issue in the system is still there.

Here's a more important question:
Shouldn't these things be THE premier ammo material? Shouldn't whatever makes those batteries have pretty much the best ballistic qualities ever?
>>
>>54318766
Yes. Wait.
>>
>>54318418
I'm a literally who from the internet. Unless you think I'm dumb enough to buy your timeshare, I'm not sure what you think you'll gain.
>>
>>54318895
I'm always on the lookout for new friends.
>>
aaaaaaaaa i want iron gods to close already
>>
>>54318955
Who do you want to get in?
>>
>>54318972
Me, obviously.
>>
>>54318972
nobody i just want it to die
>>
File: 07.jpg (101KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
101KB, 500x333px
I'm looking for ideas for a character concept. Can you help me, please?

Short, low level game. Character is a pretty standard two-handed fighter, half-orc. I have spare skills, trait, even feat if necessary, to support fluff part of the character. I have no problem with the mechanical part. Only with the overall concept.

I'd like to make him somehow more interesting, than "yet another meat with two-handed stick". But it's harder than I thought. Some overused ideas I already rejected includes "big stupid fighter", "big smart fighter aka genius bruiser", "noble savage", "grizzled mercenary", "strong silent type", "strong friendly type" etc. You know - standard stuff.

Still, I hope you can help me with ideas. Any suitable ideas, please?
>>
>>54318613
Traps will always be inferior to the real thing.
>>
A friendly advice or those who are pining for Iron Gods: Ref based spells are your friends, armored coat and scatterlight suits are life savers when fighting robots and find a way to deal with incorporeal enemies early on and you will live through it.
>>
>>54319009
He's a cultured and quite dandy individual that wants to use his breadth of experience on adventures to write incredibly lurid trashy romance novels.
>>
>>54319009
He's a fucking Half-orc, the "struggling with insecurities stemming from childhood feelings of not belonging." writes itself.
So basically "big sensitive fighter."
>>
>>54319009
Where was this person born? Who were his parents? Did he serve in the military? Is he formally educated? Where did he learn to fight? Make a character not tied to a simple archetype.
>>
>>54319009
Mishap the Character. Everything that has happened in the character's life, including his adventuring experience and fighting prowess, come from a series of increasingly impossible events occurring in rapid succession. Of course without going into the whol "I am not a very smart man" levels of accidentally visiting elemental planes.
>>
>>54319009
Make them a girl(male)
>>
So, if someone were to run a game where you get to pick ONE template and apply it on top of your character for free, what template would you pick?
>>
>>54317900
What would you recommed?
>>
>>54319092
Anon, everyone knows the best is male (girl.)
>>
File: adnd003.gif (250KB, 1342x1157px) Image search: [Google]
adnd003.gif
250KB, 1342x1157px
>>54319041
Interesting

>>54319085
Can you elaborate further? It's sounds very interesting

>>54319065
Sadly it's pretty standard concept for many "half-X" characters and even not "half-x" too

>>54319080
That's how I'll come up with something boring, sadly. Ideas isn't bad - my execution will be.

>>54319092
Nah
>>
>>54319132
Ghost or lich
>>
>>54319132
Graveknight, I've got the art ready and everything.
>>
>>54319132
Advanced.
>>
>>54319134
18, 16, 14, 18, 8, 8
With your spare feats grab intimidating prowess and improved initiative or intensify spell
>>
>>54318613
What exactly is the cha-focus thing? Are you talking about skills?
>>
>>54306513
>Already assuming girls = bad dm

We're going to get a That Guy story about you soon I bet.
>>
>>54317866
No. That's an alternate favoured class bonus for Rogue, not for Alchemist, and thus can only be progressed when you take a level in Rogue. If you're Rogue 2/Alchemist 4, then you are (at best) +2/6 of the way to an extra talent.
>>
>>54319199
Starknife, bard, pumping a lot of points into CHA skills...

I should have gone Lore oracle, but that wouldn't have fit the character, to be honest.
>>
>>54319196
That's more than 25 point buy.
>>
File: 1403537549995.png (150KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1403537549995.png
150KB, 300x310px
>>54319172
>>54319163
>>54319183

>mfw Undead campaign

Someone needs to do this, a campaign as ambitious intelligent Undead raised by Tar-Baphon (or living men/women who answer his charnel call) to spread death across the North of Avistan before eventually freeing (or usurping) the Whispering Tyrant would be COOL.
>>
>>54319158
>Can you elaborate further? It's sounds very interesting
You never got anything formally, but because of lucky happenstance. Good with a sword? You lived next to an old veteran who trained and you copied his moves as a kid, now you do them by reaction, but can't do them on command. Known for taking out bandits that you followed for days before catching them tired and sleeping? You were out for a hike and they thought you a bounty hunter which went on for days. Discovered ancient ruins that hold innumerable treasures because of your keen understanding of history thus revealing the answer to a riddle? Lucky guess, toss of a coin and a faulty dowsing rod. Something along those lines.
>>
>>54319132
Angelic Vessel, Solar, just to show the GM how stupid that idea is and how easily it breaks the game.
>>
>>54319158
I mean, he is a relatively standard character. One thing I do like though is the idea of writing a religious character in a setting where Gods exist and their influence is demonstrated basically on a daily basis but then have them not be a divine caster.
They're a monk or a priest or something similar but they've no way to demonstrate their God's existence or influence in their immediate life.

So y'know, religion for them can actually be about belief rather than certainty.
>>
>>54319223
I mean, the snake is a meme. I wouldn't be concerned at all.
>>
>>54306066
Stat us /pgg/!!
>>
>>54319383
-50 HP
>>
>>54319402
Good thin the lot of them have 51 con.
>>
>>54319383
Skinwalkers with a template for shitty fetish.
>>
>>54319383
Three variations of Agathian Aasimar, two variations of Tiefling, and one Catfolk
>>
>>54319383
Dog, Horse, and Cow are clearly Bloatmages.
>>
>>54319383
> bunny = best
> all others= worst
>>
>>54319383
thighs = thicc
>>
>>54319414
That's okay. I have quicken spell or I can just finish them off next round. Also if they have 50 con they must have a pretty high CR. I bet they have some good loot on them
>>
File: crotchcrushingtree.jpg (79KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
crotchcrushingtree.jpg
79KB, 422x600px
>>54319288
I like it, and I'll think about it.

>>54319302
This too sounds like a good idea. Going with Golarion deities, what choices can be interesting? Something like Gorum or Iomedae, aka "warrior deities" seems to obvious. And as such less alluring.
>>
>>54319452
> Hoers anything other than best.
ya dun goofed
>>
>>54319383
Dog > Cat > Rabbit = Horse > Cow > Goat
>>
>>54319466
When I made my rogue I used Sarenrae as it seemed to be the closest I could get to a general christian "Mercy and forgiveness." god and the character was suppose to be from a cloistered monastery and were forced by the campaign into a world full of violence and the general idea for the RP would be them struggling to retain their faith in that environment.
However, if your character isn't being forced into that life and is instead choosing it then maybe some sorta warrior god would make more sense. He could always be like a wannabe Paladin who doesn't belong to any order but follows the tenants all the same because he romanticizes the idea.
>>
>>54319383
-4STR
>>
>>54319242
Dread Wraith Sovereign is actually pretty solid for this. Touch people to death, then laugh your way to the bank with your army of fuck off ghosts. Even better if you can magic some casters into submission, then touch them, so you have a host of casting monsters. Go into the woods, touch some natural attackers to death. Now you have Dread Wraith bears and shit.
>>
>>54319541
>goat at the bottom
Wow, guess I know who the fucking subhuman in the thread is. Get some better taste, cuck.
>>
>>54319897
>Wanting the lewd party-girl when grumpy puppy and smug piece of shit are available
>>
>>54320035
The lewd party girl with legs that won't pop your head, delicious dark skin, and handlebars.
Cat is good though.
>>
>>54319897
But I'm not a Muslim, so I can't shag her.
>>
>>54320223
You can fuck your dog where you live?
>>
New Thread

>>54320306
>>54320306
>>54320306
>>54320306
>>54320306
>>
New thread:

>>54320335
>>54320335
>>54320335
>>
>>54320315
>anime kitsune OP
FUCK HE'S BACK
>>
>>54321218
Martials aren't allowed to have nice things, anon.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.