[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 384
Thread images: 30

File: 1498820878809.jpg (98KB, 680x999px) Image search: [Google]
1498820878809.jpg
98KB, 680x999px
Paizo Games General /pgg/

Wander edition. When was the last time you bought something strange from a wanderer? How did it work out?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54290514
>>
Is the stranger in a strange land type of character overdone? I haven't actually seen one in quite a while.
>>
File: asmat-human-skull-papua.jpg (146KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
asmat-human-skull-papua.jpg
146KB, 600x430px
I played a strange barbaric negro from far away lands one time who spoke in broken common and was also a natural lycanthrope. He couldn't really understand why people used silver for money.
>>
>>54297229
They're kind of a staple in PF, because the lands are so varied while the adventurers are so wildly different than anything in any of those lands they're automatically part of that trope.

I mean, have you ever seen anyone post an actual Varisian in any game in Varisia?
>>
>>54297232
>He couldn't really understand why people used silver for money.
That's pretty funny actually, might steal it for an NPC.
>>
>>54297241
Do you want to play scarni rogue or some shitty harrower archetype? No?
This is why no one plays varisians.
>>
>>54297289
I think his point was more like

>Everyone automatically makes special snowflakes, so no matter where the story is set they are already fish out of water
>>
>>54297241
Nobody plays Varisians because they're the wrong kind of brown and don't have anything particularly notable going for them.

What would compel me to play a Varisian over a "native" Taldan, Chelaxian, or even Shoanti?
>>
File: 1498820628926.jpg (480KB, 780x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1498820628926.jpg
480KB, 780x1165px
Is there a way to get INT as the casting stat for clerics?
>>
>>54297735
>Class based around belief in """gods"""
>Int-based
Heh...
>>
>>54297721
Shoanti are musclegirls
>>
>>54297754
That joke only works if there are not whole pantheons full of phenomenal cosmic powers
>>
>>54297754
>being an atheist when gods can physically come down to kick your ass
>>
>>54297241
Didn't RotJR have two half varisian dudes?
>>
>>54297774
Doesn't stop Rahadoum.
>>
>>54297769
>>54297774
I've only read enough about the cosmology of Golarion to understand as much as my character would. Is Golarion another secret nightmare like Forgotten Realms is?

>>54297735
There aren't any Paizo archetypes that will do that. You might be able to find a 3rd party archetype, but that shit is so hit or miss I'm not going to waste time on it.

>>54297232
Plebeian taste. Werejaguars are so much cooler.
>>
>>54297762
Kind of, they range from huge and bulky to just huge. I really don't like their Native American angle, would've been so much more interesting if they preserved their supersoldier heritage through oral tradition and their "feel" in regards to clothing and items.

You know, like the Vaulters from Endless Legends being medieval folk who came from the Stars.
>>
>>54297820
Rhadoum is only atheist because golarion redifines what Atheism is. They believe in gods, but deny them worship

>>54297823
I mean the character could have been a were-jaguar. I don't think he actually existed, and this guy is just forcing a meme.
>>
>>54297823
>I've only read enough about the cosmology of Golarion to understand as much as my character would. Is Golarion another secret nightmare like Forgotten Realms is?

Basically any single god could, atat moment, totally trash Golarion on a whim.
The only thing that stops them is the other gods who'd trash them in return.

Spoilers for Iron Gods: Case in point, LESSER gods killed all life on Androffa before their betters could stop that shit, and those gods got killed in return.
>>
>>54297918
>atat moment
at any moment*

I need to stop posting before I'm awake.
>>
>>54297918
And to add a little addition scribbled in this post's margins, Androffa is JJ's OC Setting and the foundation for Golarion's core concepts. If the divine NAP wasn't in place you might see the latter become the former.
>>
>>54297897
Believe whatever you want. This was a number of years ago when I liked playing primitive/wild rager types whenever given the opportunity.
>>
>>54297918
That's kind of terrifying but it makes sense. Toril is horrifying because it's just a big power generator for Lord Ao. Neither good, evil, law, nor chaos can ever triumph because Ao won't let it happen. And when you die you're brainwashed no matter what you do and lose all of your memories. Nothing you do will ever matter. Is Golarion anything like that?
>>
File: Groetus_holy_symbol.jpg (45KB, 969x962px) Image search: [Google]
Groetus_holy_symbol.jpg
45KB, 969x962px
>>54297984
If you manage to get through life without worshipping anything or damning yourself, Pharasma feeds your soul to a sentient moon.
I think what happens if you do worship depends on how the god in question feels about you at the time.
>>
>>54298032
you'd think that an enterprising diefic entity would cash in on the non believers by being the god of atheists or including nonbelievers as an area of concern.
>>
Ok, my Cha is high and I have power attack, is cornugon smash and hurtful the next logical step?
>>
File: Crushing Darkness.png (87KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
Crushing Darkness.png
87KB, 500x355px
>want to play around with Pact Magic because its fun as fuck
>nobody allows it because of the degeneracy
>>
So I'm playing a ninja 5 / bard (dervish dancer) 1, with VMC scaled fist monk. I intend to pump dance as high as I can, and I'm also looking at taking dastardly finish eventually. What Element should I take for the scaled fist, and what weapon should I go with. (Thinking whip cause Calistria)?
>>
>>54298056
How many non-believers can there possibly be if direct divine intervention is real, and proxied divine intervention is available through clerics in every major city?

It would be like being the god of flat earthers.
>>
>>54298218
You can't VMC into an archetyped class.
>>
>>54298275
I asked the DM who approved it, but I'll double check with her.
>>
>>54298166
Voluptuous anthropomorphic panther
>>
>>54297984
Souls are processed by Pharasma and sent to their Final Reward, losing all their memories and personality in the process - simply put, your Soul is not "you," but an echo of you. Over time, the Petitioner will melt into the celestial or fiendish landscape they are in and eventually seep back into the River of Souls, recycled and ready to be put into a new body.

Particularly special souls are converted into that plane's outsider, the Abyss are particularly fond of the grubs that eventually molt into demons. Daemons and Demodands are different, but Devils are much like Demons in their processing of souls.

HOWEVER, there exists in one of the APs a device that, when used, allows one to retain all memory, experience, and personality upon death so "you" can truly enjoy or suffer your Final Reward. Your soul will not be recycled in this instance, and you will remain immortal in that plane until something either consumes you, or you become a native outsider (while still retaining your memory and personality.)
>>
>>54298228
You'd be surprised. Golarion has things called Empyreal Lords, who are minor gods that hover just above mortal demigod status - they even have stats if you want to kill them. Most of them are devoted to VERY specific things, like prostitution or dragonslaying, so something like Atheism would work for one of them... Or for the Demon Lords, who might be more keen on consuming nonbelievers.
>>
I'm making a melee oriented Dwarf Cave Druid for Kingmaker. Any good domain I should take? Unfortunately, only core, APG, UC and UM are allowed.
>>
>>54298275
So... Any advice, even if I can't VMC into it?
>>
>>54298228
Refusing to worship a god doesn't have to be about an absence of deities. Some people are just so fucking angry at the gods or the world or everything that they won't do it. I'm sure there are other reasons too.
>>
>>54298471
>>54298228
The most common reason for atheism in Golarion is the belief that the gods are simply very powerful beings and unworthy of worship.

Which is funny because the opposite happens to the Kellid, who see gods fucking everywhere,
>>
>>54298228
I mean, look at it this way, the President of the United States has the ability to basically pull off this by pressing a button:
>And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
>And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
>And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
That doesn't really make him God unless you're one of those USAUSAUSA guys, he's just a person with a lot of power and influence.
>>
>>54298505
>The most common reason for atheism in Golarion is the belief that the gods are simply very powerful beings and unworthy of worship.
From what I understand, atheism on golarion is straight up not believing in gods. Like they don't exist period. That gets you fed to Groteus.

Simply believing they ain't worth shit will still get your soul sent off to it's most closely aligned plane.
>>
>>54298446

Earth Domain seems like the most obvious choice.
>>
File: Eunuch.png (2KB, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
Eunuch.png
2KB, 24x24px
Was there any slavery in the Eastern Roman Empire by the time it entered into the late middle ages and the fall of Constantinople? Did they still blind and castrate political enemies?
>>
>>54298725
Slavery was widespread in the ERE up until it's collapse, yes. The Ottomans in many ways simply adopted the customs common to the Empire as they practiced widespread enslavement and castration as a means of economic, political and societal power.
>>
>>54298725
>Fall of Constantinople
>Eastern Roman """"Empire""""
Does a city count as an empire? What is this, 5000 BC?
>>
>>54298725
>>54298760
Also yes, blinding was common, as was "nose-slitting" (cutting off the nose barred you from inheritance.) Castration was reserved for special slaves, and was not practiced on political enemies unless you were particularly cruel.
>>
>>54298783
>""""""Holy""""""
>""""""Roman""""""
>""""""Empire""""""
>>
>>54298130
Hurtful is a shitty feat so is Cornugon Smash
>>
>>54298374
That's mostly the same treatment souls get in Forgotten Realms. Jesus. Okay, so can good win over evil and vice versa, or is the balance of power kept stagnant by something completely overpowering?
>>
>>54298833
The balance of power is kept stagnant because Demon Lords don't adhere to the non-intervention policy the major gods and goddesses do, so while there is arguably more good divinity than evil, there are more evil petty gods.
>>
>>54298957
Why don't other beings stop the demon lords from intervening? Also, that's not stagnation, that's the opposite.
>>
>>54298991
Most of the gods and goddesses just aren't interested in entering the Abyss to kill some schmucks, Ragathiel made a living on that and he's a weirdo while Desna's Senpai got eaten by Lamashtu in the Abyss.

Demon Lords aren't so much gods as they are tyrannical warlords that give out divine spells, you don't become a proper god while having a stat block after all. This makes them vulnerable to getting killed by troublesome adventurers (like at the end of WotR) but it also means they're not bound by the rules a god is.

Also, see Zon-Kuthon. He's one of the most active gods in the setting and yet he performs his works entirely through missionaries.
>>
>>54299073
What ARE the terms for the non-intervention policy? Aroden was a God when he BTFOed Tar-Baphon and goddesses send their followers down to Golarion all the time.

Also, the entire nation of Cheliax.
>>
>>54299108
Not the other anon...but you bring up a good point about Aroden, he does seem to completely ignore the intervention policy which is itself "DIRECT INTERVENTION" so that's why you'll see outsiders being sent down to do things in the name of a god or goddess.
>>
>>54299108
>>54299158
Aroden was not a god when he banished Tar-Baphon, he was only "kind of" a god.
>>
>>54299178
>>54299158
Touching the Starstone does not give you divinity unless the existing divines deem you worthy of both a portfolio and a place above the celestial salt. Instead, touching the Starstone gives you two Mythic tiers and a free "Divine Source" Mythic ability, which means you can now be worshiped and give out spells like a deity. As Aroden was already a legendary hero by this point, the distinction between him being a god and him being a mortal sorta got muddied up.

It is worth noting, however, that the closer Aroden came to true divinity the more he isolated himself from mortal affairs. The last major thing the Azlanti ever did in Golarion was... Huh, Aroden wasn't the one who BTFOed Tar-Baphon, that was Iomedae. Tar-Baphon WANTED Aroden to deal with him, but it was his herald instead.

What's with Aroden's heralds and dead things? Iomedae's claim to fame was a mega-lich, and Arazni was LICHED.
>>
How did Aroden even die?
>>
>>54299486
we don't know its a mysteryyyyyy
>>
>>54299486
Pharasma sealed him into her chair and reduced him to a penis that sticks out of it
>>
I would've thought Pharasma would have been a little relieved to see what Iomedae was doing up north, I thought she hates the undead.
>>
>>54299486
Auto-erotic asphyxiation while wearing a Batman outfit in the closet.
>>
File: Zarus.jpg (15KB, 231x264px) Image search: [Google]
Zarus.jpg
15KB, 231x264px
>>54299486
Humans only need one deity.
>>
Current game listings

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-adventure (Closing in 1 Week)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown (Closing in 3 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days (Closing in 2 Weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (Closing in 1 month)

What games are you applying to anon? Tell us!
>>
>>54299731
Iron Gods and Carnal Crown! ^-^
>>
>>54299731
I already apped to iron gawds
probably won't app to carnal crown
>>
I want another Godlings campaign, playing the seed of a divine being as you grow into your own power is tickling my fancy.

Doesn't even gotta be Golarion!
>>
>>54299731
Fiends and intrigues. I have narrowed it down to 4 classes. I was really excited skimming over the Cardinal Cleric but then once I really read it was disappointing
>>
>>54299798
Mhm cleric archetypes are unfortunately rather terrible, both 1st party and 3rd. I've yet to really find anything that's usable without giving up something huge. The cleric just has no class features.
>>
>>54299731
Dominions of Vice current applicants:

>Guy
>Guy
>Trap
>Guy
>Tuvarkz
>Guy
>Guy
>Edgy guy that isn't Tuvarkz
>Lewd girl
>Fairy

Seems... balanced?
>>
>>54299876
Granted, the lewd girl's enough woman to satisfy an entire party of men.
>>
>>54299865
It was even in the Intrigue book! I was like, neat 6 skill points. But you give up all this other stuff and you cannot even get into as a primary casting stat. Maybe I can try out Mesmerist. Become a thrallherd.
>>
>>54299876
It'd be in poor taste to make an alchemist that's basically Mad Hassan, right?
>>
>>54299731
Iron Gods, and contemplating Dominions of Vice!
>>
>>54299731
Power Word.
>>
>>54299906
>stress reliever
>>
>>54299906
What about the trap
>>
>>54299731
None because they all look like shit.
>>
>>54300000
Quints of truth.
>>
>>54299936
Please don't do mesmerist, please no. It's so bad and nonfunctional in games that aren't 100% intrigue, and even then a bard is better. Mesmerist also isn't psionic, it's psychic, it doesn't qualify for thrallherd.
>>
>>54300082
Mesmerist is actually pretty cool, and not chained to intrigue games as much as you think
>>
>>54300082
Didn't it get a Psionic Archetype in the Psionics Occult book?
>>
>>54300003
Does the trap have 20 Charisma and 18 Con?
>>
>>54299876
If I were to apply, would making another lewd girl be a good idea?
>>
>>54300178
No, but the trap has 23 Charisma and 14 Con.
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>54300231
Applications are, by their nature, a competition for spots. Go for it!
>>
>>54300082
>mesmerist
>chained to intrigue
lolwat?
>>
>>54300231
But there's only one lewd girl, anon!
>>
>>54300335
I know, I'd be making another!
>>
>>54300390
That means there'd only be one other! So there'd be 2.5 lewd girls assuming a trap is 0.5 of a girl!
>>
>>54300421
No, a trap is 0.0 of a girl
>>
>>54300439
But they have the looks and X chromosome down...
>>
>>54300269
>Performs weaker buffs and status effects than bards
>Does out of combat bard things worse than bard and nothing else really.
Yes it's tied to intrigue and is literally just a worse option than Bard.
>>
Can you sell your soul to a good or neutral god?
>>
>>54300690
It's called pledging yourself to their cause
>>
>>54300741
This is why evil is better at sales.
>>
>>54299486
Paizo said they never thought about the answer and they don't have one anywhere.
>>
>>54299708
Now, now, don't be racist.

That's a god for filthy fucking cishet white male scum.
>>
File: tmp_4524-1496727892634297656282.jpg (209KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4524-1496727892634297656282.jpg
209KB, 425x567px
What do you guys think about the Exo-Guardian faction in Starfinder?

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljy9?Faction-Overview-ExoGuardians

I like that the alien invader defense guild is led by the setting's Humans. I'm sure Zigvigiz is a cool guy and probably a family person
>>
>>54300110
The book you're thinking of is Mind and Soul. It got the Mindrender and Ringleader archetypes, which lets it poach Dread Terrors and a Collective, respectively (the two don't stack, last I checked), but no, it does not have a proper Manifesting archetype. The only manifesting archetypes I am familiar with for the Occult classes are the Empath Medium, Shattered Mind Occultist, Gambler Kineticist, and the Athanatic Channeler Spiritualist.
>>
File: DEdZ17vUQAghka7.jpg-large.jpg (141KB, 1133x800px) Image search: [Google]
DEdZ17vUQAghka7.jpg-large.jpg
141KB, 1133x800px
Is there any way to change the element on a dragon's breath weapon?
>>
>>54300785
Setting up a mystery without knowing the answer to it is the biggest sign of hack writing ever.
>>
>>54300933
admixture school wizard
>>
File: 1439794173403.png (925KB, 2200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1439794173403.png
925KB, 2200x1500px
>>54300933
Those tits look like they were bolted on.
>>
File: tumblr_o9d9hiEtGd1r8ououo1_1280.jpg (197KB, 692x746px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9d9hiEtGd1r8ououo1_1280.jpg
197KB, 692x746px
>>54301046

Holy shit that elf.
>>
>>54301092
Truly the master race.
>>
Welp, I've finished all my apps, time to sit around and do nothing until work. What an exciting life.
>>
>>54301128

How about some aerobic exercise?
>>
>>54301128

NEET detected.
>>
>>54301203
Fiiiiine, gawd mom.
>>
File: Skinwalker Alchemist.png (2MB, 1441x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Skinwalker Alchemist.png
2MB, 1441x2112px
Alchemistfags! Tell me your woes! Tell me the discoveries you wish existed, the archetypes you long for, the archetypes you wish were good, and the houserules you pray GMs would use! Investigatorfags are free to join in as well!
I unironically want a crossbow-focused alchemist archetype.
>>
>>54301222
I wish construct rider wasn't as janky as it is
i wish it traded out persistent mutagen. Or didn't trade out mutagen but allowed you to use it on your mount instead.

I wish precise bombs and infusion weren't discoveries at all but rather default class features, hell that can probably be made true of fast bombs too.
>>
>>54301313
Hello broodie! :)
>>
>>54301373
HAHAHA KILL ME WHY AM I LIKE THIS
>>
File: ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>54301313
>>54301389
I know that feel bro
>>
File: Skinwalker.jpg (153KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Skinwalker.jpg
153KB, 600x800px
So /tg/, where do you prefer skinwalkers to be in beast-form? Like mini-werewolves (or were-whatevers), or like pic related?
>>
>>54301455
I like mini-werewolves, that pic is a bit too hunk for my junk.
>>
>>54301222
>crossbow-focused alchemist archetype
Would this suit your needs?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bzEv2XaMJRZp1cpDg8mUqWe7PmZoYrm7JC6NeP6AjIs/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: twolf6.jpg (53KB, 620x332px) Image search: [Google]
twolf6.jpg
53KB, 620x332px
>>54301455
>>
That latest application to Carnal Crown...I...it's so bad. Send help please, I can't survive any longer, I'm dying.
>>
>>54301455
That pic is delicious.

This is what skinwalkers should look like. Perhaps with more "beast"-y limbs. Like paws up to the knee or elbow. But still mostly human
>>
>>54301582
Quite honestly: Still no, the main feature is clunky as fuck, the Mutagenic thing should at best be an archetype discovery, and the firearm/martial ranged proficiency is nonsensically tacked on with no trade still.
>>
>>54301659
>gestalt?
What is that, a question?
>>
>>54301722
I have NO IDEA. Let's not even touch upon that Thief isn't a class.
>>
>>54301661
I like the pic too. Posted it and the question cause I'm planning to drop a skinwalker app for Carnal Crown, actually. I'll admit, I'm partial to more beastly skinwalkers in normal games, at least while they're in their beastial form, but stuff like the pic I posted is good for lewd games. Though I suppose some might like the beastly side of things there too.

On the topic of skinwalkers, are there any feats or maybe bloodline powers I could take with Eldritch Heritage that would fit a pseudo-werewolf theme? Maybe some magic items?
>>
>>54301687
Could you go into more detail about that? Specifically, what feels clunky, and why the mutagen thing should be a discovery?
>>
>>54301789
Shapechanger bloodline just came out
>>
>>54300933
Curse it.
>>
>>54301817
Oh, did it? I didn't see that on the SRD, I'll see if I can find it on Archive of Nethys then.
>>
>>54298130
Bump?
>>
What are the psychological consequences of a child killing his brother for wathever reason?
>>
>>54301878
If the child was already broken? CE. If the child wasn't broken? Gloomy edge. If the child wasn't already broken, but not prone to becoming edgy gloomerton? Soul searching, projected guilt or repressed memories.
>>
>>54301878
The reason, relationship between them, and the child in question all play a part in how the child would be affected. There isn't one simple answer to that question.
>>
Remember to PM your crush!
>>
>>54301878
Demon King of the 6th Heaven.
>>
>>54301795
I feel like I did this once before but
>the cyan bar you use in your formatting is atrocious, but this is more of a personal nitpick
>the weapon proficiencies do not say what they trade out, and if you intended it to replace base weapon proficiency it's a laughably imbalanced trade
>it keeps Poison Use despite trading away all other poison features
>you replace poison resistance with, effectively, 2 abilities (infusion and then the "medishot") which is far too good a trade yes I know alchemist should've gotten infusion for free
>the text refers to things as spells, when it should refer to the alchemist's extracts/infusions
>the inability to actually use useful extracts/infusions on allies until 10th, then limiting it to being 3 levels lower than your max, is questionable
>the archetype can stack with things that lose, and sometimes can never get, mutagen, meaning the mutagen boost becomes worthless on them
>>
Anyone got that STR-to-AC feat chain?
>>
>>54301904
I've been PMing them for months, I really like them!
>>
>>54301795
>>54301970
and I guess since I'm here

>it does not actually improve your ability to use crossbows
>>
>>54301988
Be a Custodian from Eros Unleashed! Become the Bara, or the Musclegirl if you prefer!
>>
>>54301988
It's in here senpai: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14a3bZPwqqj4Zclwk08vdjKENz0jHbl4yjZ_OFNXex8k/edit

I hope the anon who made all this comes back soon,
he was fun.
>>
>>54301988
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/stalker/stalker-archetypes/brutal-slayer/#TOC-Muscle-Memory-Ex-
There you go, just turn that into two feats and bob's your uncle.
>>
Now here's a question; what would you lads want to see in a campaign that starts at level 7, with Mythic and Gestalt?
>>
>>54302206
Godslaying.
>>
>>54302206
I'm tired of Gestalt and Mythic is a terrible idea.
>>
>>54302206
Starstone
>>
>>54302224
As mortals, or as the scion of gods?
>>
>>54302206
>Mythic
Fuck no
>Gestalt
Only if it's not a PoW game, and it's only 2-3 PCs
>>
>>54302206
Taking on some of the big players in golarion, like Razmir.
>>
>>54302206
fuck off
>>
>>54302244
As mortals, probably.
I mean, even true gods are explicitly killable. Heck, a mortal Azlanti champion decapitated Ydersius 15000 years ago and there's an explicitly described way how to kill him entirely dead for good.
The whole point of Mythic is IMO interacting with gods, maybe becoming ones in the process. Killing gods is a much-neglected part of this.
>>
>>54302234
>>54302251
>>54302263
Woop woop! Fun police out in force today!
>>
>>54301970
>cyan bar
I actually just do that to copy the SRD's style of formatting since it's what I assumed people are used to
>weapon proficiencies
Perhaps, though I never really felt like being able to use a specific type of weapon is a major unbalancing ability.
>not trading out poison use
If the archetype is designed around shooting ammunition infused with extracts, why would I remove the ability to shoot ammunition infused with poison?
>infusion for free
Yeah, probably trading out the discovery at 2nd level would be a good idea, though the reason is kind of explained below.
>calling things spells
Actually, that's accurate in some situations. I did change a few just now to be only infusions, but referring to something as a "cure spell" is standard operating procedure, even for Alchemists.
>level -3 extracts
The infusions still work normally if they're applied in melee range or if the ally uses them, but this just lets you use them at range. And since it's limited to a single range increment, this means personal and touch-range spells can be applied at 100 or so feet away. Limiting the spell level seems like a reasonable tradeoff.
>not improving the ability to use crossbows
I guess not, although I do mention in all the abilities that loading the crossbow is included in the action to fire, so it at least doesn't take feats to function at all.

>stacking with mutagen-less archetypes
That one's actually an unintended side effect of the genesis of the archetype. It was based on this post (>>53752933) which had a "hardmode" of only replacing poison and persistent mutagen. As for those archetypes though, Mutagen is a discovery for that exact purpose, and (I think) this doesn't stack with any of the "you can never gain a mutagen" archetypes.

Feedback's always good though, it gives me more perspective on things that could be changed.
>>
>>54302288
Every game boiling down to Gestalting PoW and some caster class or other random broken combination isn't fun, it's old and dead.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru.
>>
>>54302288
>ask question
>get answers
>WAAAAH FUN POLICE

see >>54302325 with the added bonus of "fuck mythic outside of solo campaign memes"
>>
>>54302317
>I actually just do that to copy the SRD's style of formatting since it's what I assumed people are used to
I'm not the anon you're replying to, but the exact colour you used looks atrocious. Make it less neon.
>>
>>54302337
I didn't even reference mythic, try to shitpost better my nerd.
>>
>>54302337
>What would you want to see in a campaign with these rules?
>REEE NOT THOSE RULES

>Not fun police
:thinking:
>>
>>54302403
The answer is that people wouldn't want to see a campaign with those rules
>>
>>54302267
>>54302244
Though scions of the gods would also work.
After all, the way to kill Ydersius explicitly requires involvement of Pharasma (though mortals do most of the legwork - Pharasma only judges the soul once it is brought to her on a silver plate), so working for gods to kill other gods in some sort of divine war would work well.
>>
>>54302224
>>54302234
>>54302241
>>54302251
>>54302259
>>54302263
Okay, I guess that idea's out the window.
>>
>>54302346
Huh, never thought it was that bad. Is the new color better?
>>
>>54302491
Much better. This one doesn't eat away at my eyes.
>>54302489
Anon pls. ;_;
I lust for a godslaying campaign.
>>
>>54302489
Anon, it's just one or two party poopers, most of us would love a game like that.
>>
>>54302489
Less than half of the games that recruit from /pfg/ are gestalt, it's just that the gestalt ones tend to be far more discussed (because surprise, surprise that's the kind of chargen that people like). The thread police only see what they want to see when they screech REEEEEE GESTALT, don't listen to them. The majority want more interesting chargen options like gestalt and mythic.
>>
File: Overwatch Ana Sit.jpg (70KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch Ana Sit.jpg
70KB, 800x750px
>>54302317
>(I think) this doesn't stack with any of the "you can never gain a mutagen" archetypes.
As the person who actually made the original request, this is false, as that hardmode condition was explicitly added because it would mean stacking with both Construct Rider and Promethean Alchemist. Posting Ana with that request was probably a mistake.

>weapon proficiencies
It's more consistency with other archetypes, as the archetype would function just fine with the normal proficiencies, meaning the extra stuff feels tacked on and a mark against it in the "perceptions of power" department.

I also feel kind of bad, because the other homebrew anon's Infusion Launcher Veil, while still noticeably flawed and needing an alternative bind option,
looks much more appealing design-wise.
>>
>>54302567
The only thing about gestalt that I'm sick of is all these parties of 4+ players, because every god damn gestalt game has ended up with too many fucking players.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82KB, 336x347px) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82KB, 336x347px
>>54302267
>The whole point of Mythic is IMO interacting with gods, maybe becoming ones in the process. Killing gods is a much-neglected part of this.

>mfw campaign that starts you in Mythic
>mfw I write my character as having gained mythic power by feasting on the rotten flesh of a long-dead god, like some vile sapient maggot

I am become Aldrich, Devourer of Gods.
>>
>>54302489
M8, have you actually looked at any /pfg/ games?
Gestalt is pretty much guaranteed_attention.jpg - gestalt games always get a ton of apps and discussion, regardless of who is the DM and what is the premise, simply because /pfg/ is thirsty as fuck for those games.
Naysayers are shitters.
>>
>>54302583
Ahhh, I see now. So the reason it should have been a discovery option is because it was intended (when requested) to work with the mutagen-less archetypes. Oh well, I guess it'll have to be a different stroke for a different folk in that case, since it didn't really meet what was asked of it.

Although, since it's homebrew, nothing prevents one from removing the mutagenic boost's reliance on a mutagen, and making it just a standalone feature I suppose...
>>
>>54302622
It's bad attention and actually limits character variety and flavor, especially if PoW is involved, because then every martial has to be PoW even if it doesn't fit their concept at all because they fall behind otherwise. Then conversely because PoW exists and eliminates the usefulness of 3/4 bab classes substantially because of the added power and utility, all you're ever going to get are Fullcasters and PoW period, anything else is playing second fiddle.
>>
>>54302679
The actual picks made for /pfg/ games don't agree with you, anon.
>>
>>54302679
Not conversely, words man. I'm too tired for this.
>>
>>54302679
Speaking of PoW, how accurate is this?
Intent of PoW:
>martials get their damage boosted, which lets them diversify and do other things!
Real result of PoW:
>martials double down hard on damage, completely invalidating combat encounters, and are still useless outside of combat.
>>
>>54302679
>literally a shitter
Look at all the recent gestalt games. They had pretty varied builds.
>>
>>54302489
As long as you ban PoW (or at least ban initiator classes/archetypes) you should be good fampai
>>
>>54302720
*Throws avowed in two character builds*
Yes very varied.
>>
>>54302714
That's not WHOLLY true, as there ARE still boosts to out-of-combat stuff... The issue is people see the damage and sperg the fuck out because "OH MY GOD ALL THIS DAMAGE!!!!1!!". There's also just the eternal fucking wait for the Discipline Errata that probably got delayed a full year due to Taveena daring to try to discuss it and subsequently getting put into the Gulag.
>>
>>54302669
>Although, since it's homebrew, nothing prevents one from removing the mutagenic boost's reliance on a mutagen, and making it just a standalone feature I suppose...
If you do it that way, you could just add in a few clauses to make it work (like being able to take greater iterations of Mutagen), then have it replace the 14th level discovery regardless of whether you have an actual mutagen or not.
>>
Time for some Soulforger stuff again. How does this ability look?

>TEN-SOUL REACTOR - Whenever you add souls to your Reservoir using Steal Soul, you can choose to redirect part of the absorbed power into the Reactor. This reduces the souls gained by 1, and instead supercharges your magical power giving you a +2 bonus to your casting stat for 5 rounds. This bonus can be stacked up to 3 times (from separate instances of Steal Soul). During this time, you can discharge this power to apply any metamagic feat you know to a spell without increasing the spell slot needed to cast it; applying a metamagic feat requires a number of stacks in the reactor equal to the level adjustment of the metamagic feat you're applying (2 stacks for the +2 of Empowered, for example), and reduces the number of stacks in the reactor by the same amount upon cast. You can use the Ten-Soul Reactor with a maximum of ten souls per day. You must be at least level 10 to use this Forged Soul, and it cannot be equipped at the same time as a Ten-Soul Inverter or other Ten-Soul Reactors. To forge the Reactor you need the complete souls of ten creatures: one soul of each alignment, and one additional soul of your own alignment.
>>
>>54302809
Too late, it's already been replaced (and toned down, because a +16 bonus to a stat might have been a bit much)
>>
Someone please just make a higher level campaign with a broad, heroic scope like godslaying or even apotheosis!
>>
Someone please make a game where we all play as Drow, I love Drow.
>>
>>54298460
Well if you're going Dervish Dancer, you lose whip proficiency. Take a scimitar instead and the Dervish Dance feat for Dex to hit and damage. If you want to go Cha, pick up a Starknife and Shooting Star DCT instead.

Drop the Monk VMC, it doesn't work. If you really want to run Monk, swap out the Ninja levels for Unchained Scaled Fist.
>>
>want ghostly dwarf fighters guarding an ancient tomb they died defending
>have 6 charisma because that's standard for a dwarf fighter
>ghost raises it to 10
>dwarves are tougher than average so you'd figure they'd have more hp
>but since they are ugly they end up far weaker than the average ghost
>because rotted undead get up based on how pretty they are

I'm done with this bullshit system. 5e had undead with actual con scores which makes far more sense. Hell even 3.5 at leat gave them a d13 hit due. I don't know what the devs were smoking but this is the last straw. Goodbye pathfinder. Hopefully I can sell my books on eBay for a decent price.
>>
>>54303138
See ya in an hour.
>>
>>54302622
Why in the name of God would you want /pfg/ attention?
>>
>>54303138
>books
>>
>>54303138
You could always just
Cheat
And make their HP based on their Wis scores or something because they're dwarf defenders.
>>
>>54303138
Charisma is treated as the force of energy animating them, like a spiritual presence kinda thing. I know you're just shitposting, but just buff up their stats if you have to, nobody cares.
>>
>>54303155
To have more players to select the best out of.
>>
>>54303155
Apps
>>
>>54303177
>>54303178
>Meme apps from attention whores
>Ungodly thread thirst
>Shills, celebrityposting, and harassment

All this to sift through 40 apps when maybe five are worth a damn and two of those can't or won't play.
>>
>>54303241
woooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>54303241
The ones that are worth a damn are always from celebs, though, and they don't app unless there's heat on the campaign.
>>
Awoo
>>
>>54303272
Its almost like 'celebs' are just people who try harder
>>
Which VMC are actually worth it with what classes? I've been playing bard with oracle VMC and the curse and revelation just aren't worth since your 7th level feat is replaced with a fucking cantrip and here methinks that it maybe time to retrain this shit.
>>
>>54303313
It's almost like putting more effort in produces notably improved results
>>
>>54303339
Oracle is a shit VMC.
Sorcerer on the other hand is brety gud.
>>
File: Nom.gif (788KB, 344x207px) Image search: [Google]
Nom.gif
788KB, 344x207px
If I'm making a Tiefling Ungermaw with Maw or Claw, would it be better to boost my bite or get the claws?
>>
>>54297182
Does the mega have a gm screen?
>>
>>54303138
Charisma isn't attractiveness you fucking retard.
>>
>>54303358
goddamn guys
>>
>>54303421
[autistic screeching argument about whether sorc VMC grants arcana or not ensues]
>>
>>54303313
>>54303358
No they aren't. I know plenty of people that try really hard to get into these games and pretty much never do.
>>
>>54303495
Please no. I will unironically puke if I see that level of autism again.
>>
>>54303313
>it's almost like celebs are people that make "lewd" and "cute" fetish bait and get picked because the thread slobbers all over them
>>
>>54303463
I'll settle for a link to a good one.
>>
It's almost like shut the fuck up with the "celeb" posting you high school drama queens.
>>
>>54303434
Jesus fucking Christ goblin sharks are horrifying
>>
>>54299486
He went back to his home planet
>>
>>54303434
It depends, really. If you want your eventual iteratives and aren't dipping monk, the bite is better.
>>
>>54303339
VMC Wizard never hurts, thanks to familiars being good, as well as Foresight and Teleportation being ridiculous. VMC Magus is easy Sneak Attack on any class that requires it, thanks to Prescient Strike. VMC Sorcerer is the Eldritch Heritage line of feats with funky wording. VMC Barbarian helps with near any fighting man. VMC Cleric is late payoff, but great if you pick a quality Domain. VMC Cavalier can be good for a team player fighting man.

VMC Rogue or Battle Oracle allow a pure Arcane caster to qualify for Arcane Trickster/Eldritch Knight without dips. VMC Barbarian on an Oracle does likewise for Rage Prophet. Underground Chemist VMC Alchemist lets you be a flask monkey Rogue like it was 3.5.
>>
>>54303528
>reee why don't people like my shitty boring nodachi knight

>>54303504
>i tried really hard clearly i didn't get in because of evil cabal
>>
>>54300841
Yo I wanna fuck a Sangheili!
>>
>>54303667
>Underground Chemist VMC
You can't VMC archetypes. Stop this shit.
>>
>>54303667
>VMC
>archetype

are you retarded
>>
>>54303699
>>54303710
It's almost like he's an Underground Chemist Rogue VMC'd with Alchemist
>>
>>54303671
>being this ass pained at people calling out GM's for picking with their cocks
>>
Was Linnorm Kings a bamboozle?
>>
>>54303724
Who got into Wrath of the Righteous, again?
>>
>>54303724
>being so booty blasted that other people write better characters than you that you have to accuse GMs of picking with their cocks
>>
>>54303753
Well yeah but everyone literally called out tuvarkz on this from the start
>>
>>54303699
>>54303710
see
>>54303720

Class: Rogue
Rogue Archetype: Underground Chemist
VMC: Alchemist
>>
>>54303753
Pretty much no one he actually wanted.
>>
>>54303165
>Cheat
Translation: make up bull shit to cover for the systems garbage nonsensical rules. Why not just use better rules? 5e is better.
>>
>>54303764
>being so booty blasted that people call you out for being pretty much ERP bait.
>>
>>54303801
Then go use 5e. What, do you want a cookie?
>>
>>54303801
ok then go play 5e, bye
>>
>>54303166
Except there's no reason why they'd have higher stats. Because pathfinder is arbitrary bullshit. I'm not "shitposting" either, paizocuck, stop thinking anyone who points out a flaw in your dinosaur of a system is a shitposter. Get over it.
>>
>>54303753
The top four all turned him down. Only two of his favorites made it in and they're both major thirstlords who pandered and self shilled like mad to get in.
>>
>>54303841
>The top four turned him down
Explain? I'm confused, did they not want to play, or...?
>>
>>54303822
>>54303822
>Except there's no reason why they'd have higher stats
What the fuck are you even talking about at this point? You're the Gm. You don't have to RIP shit 100% from the book. You wanting to challenge the party more is reason enough to say these dwarves are stronger

Fuck man. If you need a shitty fluff justification just say their lust for revenge is so fucking strong their ghostly forms are empowered.
>>
>>54303801
5e also has some bullshit though, overall I agree, is a less egregious system. But I guess you are in PF due the sheer amount of options which 5e lacks.
>>
>>54303867
No time. Too many games.
>>
>>54303801
Why would you lie on the internet, anon?
>>
File: Starfinder.jpg (51KB, 734x228px) Image search: [Google]
Starfinder.jpg
51KB, 734x228px
>>
>>54303923

Here's hoping you get some good stuff out of it, anon.
>>
>>54303969
Here's hoping WE get some good stuff out if it you mean.
>>
>>54303923
>>54303974
We don't deserve you, Leakanon.
>>
>>54303990
Maybe, maybe not.
>>
>>54303923
I've already given up hope on Starfinder honestly.
>>
>>54304015
Anything in particular that's bothering you about the product? I only ask because I was skeptical at first, but have only gotten more excited as information has come out.
>>
File: 48913579135.png (144KB, 334x435px) Image search: [Google]
48913579135.png
144KB, 334x435px
>>54304015
>No magic item enhancement bonuses? That's amazing! 10/10!
>"by the way, we're adding a new concept called item levels, so the same old gear treadmill exists with a different name"
>>
>>54303974
>TFW Leakanon is too pure for this gay earth
>>
>>54303138
Charisma is not always attractiveness. Attractiveness CAN be a portion of charisma. Charisma is not always all it's part it varies.
>>
>>54304064
The more stuff that's coming out the more obvious it's becoming that you probably won't have a way to back port the tech stuff to pathfinder, which is pretty much the only reason I was interested.
>>
>>54304064
Where are all the WHITE MEN.
>>
>>54304115
Yeah, just dump your charisma and be physically attractive but be a huge sociopath or something. :D
>>
>>54303883
Then why app?

And so is WOTR running?

>>54303923
Ooh! Does this mean Starfinder leaks are gonna come!?
>>
>>54304117
You don't want fighters with jetpacks and 3d10 lascannons?
>>
File: Aiki.jpg (59KB, 329x375px) Image search: [Google]
Aiki.jpg
59KB, 329x375px
>>54304090
>leakanon
>pure
>>
>>54304180
I honestly don't.
>>
File: you bet your sweet bippy.gif (2MB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
you bet your sweet bippy.gif
2MB, 480x362px
>>54304176
>>
So what's the reason Paladin has 2+Int ranks but Magus and Inquisitor have more?
>>
>>54304180

The fact that jumpjets and jetpacks are apparently low-level armor augments makes me think that combat is going to have a lot of mobility, which would be nice.
>>
I wanna play a game where some Exoguardians and Hellknights team up to fight a Dominion Invasion!
I wanna have a bro moment where a Hellknight and Guardian are back to back fighting off a Dominion Shoggoth Swarm
>>
>>54304220
The same reason fighter is described as being "highly skilled" in its official description I'm sure.
>>
>>54304220

Because Lawful Good types definitely aren't as smart and skilled as intelligent, nihilistic people with a wicked sense of humor, anon.
>>
>>54304248

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.
>>
File: Death_Discworld.png (180KB, 250x508px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Discworld.png
180KB, 250x508px
>>54304267
>nihilist
>somehow mutually exclusive to Lawful Good
You tried. Have a picture of best LG Nihilist
>>
>>54304220
You spent all your time learning how to knight.
>>
>>54304171
Attractive but meek is still low charisma. Saying you have to be attractive to have high charisma or that all attractive people have high charisma or that ugly people can't have charisma is just a bold face lie.
>>
>>54304219
Thank you based Leakanon.

I'll pour one out for you when the book drops.
>>
>>54304327
Also you get more charisma as you age.
>>
>>54304301

Oh, there are absolutely some good examples of LG nihilists, I'm just answering a valid question with a meme.
>>
>>54304115
>stats have no meaning except for vague philosophical bullshit

Another reason to drop pathfinder.
>>
>>54304176
>Then why app?
Because they had the good sense to see the train wreck that was coming and to get out of the way.

>And so is WOTR running?
Yes, but its cast is the dregs of the top 10.
>>
>>54304353
Please don't that's a waste of alcohol.
>>
>>54303818
>>54303816
You should stop playing pathfinder as well. You have literally no good reason to continue playing it.
>>
>>54304409
That's pretty much always been the case for mental stats and D&D in general. Regardless of edition. It's not unique to PF at all.
>>
>>54303923
Oh yes.
>>
>>54304428
Here's your (you)
>>
>>54304428
I have several. You're not going to listen to any of them because you're hell bent on shilling your bland ass system here. 5e is doing fine. WotC doesn't need your help to gather more players.
>>
>>54304220
Because you have heavy armor and full BaB? I dunno, there's no logic behind that shit, you're a worse spellcaster and that should be enough, but nope
>>
>>54304220
Is this bait?
Magus also has 2+Int
>>
>>54304428
Oh. Okay. I never thought to just stop. I'll be sure to do just that.
>>
>>54304531
>Full Int caster
Magus ends easily with 8 ranks per level, Paladin 3 at best
>>
>>54304565
Eldritch Scion a pain, though.
>>
So, im thinking of making a character based on a certain white haired, feminine, rapier wielding, mercenary leader from a certain manga.
Im thinking a Cha heavy Warlord from Path of War works well, maybe with a Dex build, and the Leadership feat down the line.
Do you guys have any suggestions?
>>
>Newest Dominions of Vice app
>LEWD shortstack snek

Eeep.
>>
>>54304595
Griffith pls.
>>
>>54304531
>>54304565
>>54304220
Apparently learning how to swing a sword effectively takes up too much brainspace for proper learning according to Paizuri
>>
>>54304616
He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>54304622
Magus and Inquisitor swing their swords pretty fucking fine if you ask me, arguably better than Paladin
>>
>>54304598
Hasn't that user applied to several /pfg/ games with weird anthro characters?
>>
>>54304653

Have they?
>>
>>54304598
If you're asking for opinions on an app, just say so. Otherwise, please stop shilling.
>>
>>54304490
You drink the same kool-aid as the PF team or something?
All armour does is make you worse at skills; anything that doesn't kill you outright (ie, not a spell) is fixed by a quick wave of the cure wand.
>>
>>54304598
Doesn't seem too lewd to me, though what is Nightingale Tea?
>>
>>54304745
Contraceptive
>>
>>54304743
I think he just acknowledged that the "reasoning" behind it is nonsense.
>>
>>54304653
It's Rory's sockpuppet
>>
>>54304755
Why would a snek need contraceptives when they probably aren't compatible with humans?

Also isn't it just called Night Tea?
>>
>>54304743
>that doesn't kill you outright (ie, not a spell)
Most spells don't kill you outright. Most just cripple you to the point of being able to die from the one thing a wand can't save you from -Con HP.
>>54304743
>ignoring paladins get detect evil, lay on hands, and a boat load of immmunities.
>>
>>54304792
>sockpuppet
Thanks for reminding me I'm old.
>>
File: Armor check penalty.gif (3MB, 280x157px) Image search: [Google]
Armor check penalty.gif
3MB, 280x157px
>>54304743
>>
>>54304725
I want your opinion on ALL the apps!
>>
>>54304819
>ignoring paladins get "please railroad me" the class feature, a way to waste out-of-combat channels, and a boat load of immmunities to things that never come up, doubly so when someone is immune
>>
>>54304858
>>54304858
>ignoring paladins get "please railroad me" the class feature,
It's almost like some classes aren't perfect for every single campaign and party composition.
>>
>>54304858
Paladin is shit mechanically wise
>>
>>54304858
Disease and Fear come up a fucking lot. What are you talking about? If they don't come up at all because you're immune your DM is a dick. It's not even a sanguine medic situation with the paladin.
>>
>>54304817
First, it's fantasy and everyone is compatible with everything unless otherwise noted.

Second, yes it is.
>>
>>54304858
>>54304892
>lay on hands is shit
>paladin is shit mechanically

Have I entered the twilight zone?
>>
>>54304819
So you're good at combat, at causing ingame RP problems for preemptive smiting. You will stck suck a fat load at anything non-combat related, which is why Paladins are only low T4 at best. Heck, nowadays even the Fighter is better at out of combat than you thanks to Advanced Armor/Weapon Training and a few decent archetypes.

Meanwhile all a Paladin can do is hit things, and only if they're evil or Dragons. Add the fact that LoH is marginalized at higher levels due t the Rocket-Tag nature, and that shit only becomes useful through a feat allowing you to res an ally with it.

Add in the fact that you have shit for skillpoints, meaning you can't even properly build for a character who's an actual chivalrous knight with theological training since you won't have enough points to spread into Face skills, Knowledges, Perception, Ride, and Physical skills properly.

Honestly, for the need for both damage and utility, a Barbarian far outstrips the Paladin for overall usefulness for both various in and out of combat situations. Plus Barbs get Spell Sunder, which automatically makes them leagues better that most martials.
>>
>>54304951
Nah, it's just Summer. All the edgy evilfags have more free time.
>>
>>54304951
Yes, paladin is shit, ubershit if you ask me, just because it has lay of hands doesn't mean is not shit.

PHB Monk has immunity to disease and poisons, it's still shit even though those features are ok.
>>
>>54304858
Disease, fear, and charm are great immunities, the fuck are you talking about? Of those disease is the weakest.

And they get Divine Grace.

Mercies & Lay on Hands is one of the best support features in the game.

Is this opposite day?
>>
>>54304951
Well, lets do something, you know will play with commoner only, but you'll have lay on hands, trully that makes the class worthwile, right?
>>
>>54304946
I'm really sure a Human boning a Halfling won't produce anything, no matter how many times he squirts inside her.
>>
>>54304975
>Divine Grace
>shit

>immunity to Fear & Charm
>shit

>Mercies
>shit

>Divine Bond
>shit

Ok, what IS shit about paladins because I'm not seeing it. All the features I listed are pretty darn good.
>>
>>54304985
>Mercies
What, and waste my whole turn curing someone else?
Because you know the DM isn't going to blind the guy that can unblind themselves with a swift action.
>>
>>54304823
THE MIGHTY DUCKS MOVIE PREMIERED 25 YEARS AGO
>>
File: Its Joke.jpg (35KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
Its Joke.jpg
35KB, 600x675px
>>54305008
>Alignment: Lawful Good
>>
>>54305019
Ah yes, the "Other party should only be there to make me look good" type of player I see.
>>
>>54305008
>No skills
>Shitty spells and spell progression
Yeah, Paladin is shit. What's even your point?
>>
>>54304991
And the Paladin is a lot more than just Lay on Hands. The fuck is the point you're trying to make?
>>
>>54305024
That's shit too but that's for purely subjective reasons.
>>
>>54304856
I actually have posted my opinion on all the apps save this latest and Sango's second app, I believe. I haven't looked over Aethia's second draft either. I should probably leave it to review anon, since they seem more thorough and experienced in reviewing apps. My opinion is Amon, Aethia, Kiri and Jarith are the strongest apps, though Amon is the weakest.
>>
>>54305024
>>54305065

What's wrong with being a good guy?
>>
>>54305024
I love playing Lawful Good!
>>
>>54305019
I mean if your enemies know you're a paladin, even then the enemies don't know what mercies you have. Literally that just means the GM is shit because he metagames.

>>54305042
Yeah I agree, two skills per level hurt, but "hurr durr 4th level caster is unplayable" is a fucking retarded opinion unless you also hold up 'no one should ever play a martial' alongside it.
>>
Give me Inquisitor or Warpriest over Paladin any day of the week.
>>
>>54305040
Why do a shitty version of curing things by expending your actual good channels and taking an OA or two when you could instead be a full caster and spend one spell slot on it and still have 7 channels and much greater versatility?
>>
>>54304962
Fuck off, Kawase
>>
>>54305104
>if you're not playing a 9 level caster then why even play

Hey 2hu.
>>
>>54305085
Nothing. Alignment restrictions are cancer and the paladin class should have just been a generic "templar" thing.
>>54305092
This. Those classes honestly shouldn't exist.
>>
>>54305090
Me too
>>
The lowest ranks per level should be 4+Int imo, 2+Int if you're an INT class.
>>
>>54305105
Kawase was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>54305130
Man, I can't count the times I ended with a dude who could barely do shit.
>Oh look, shitty rolls, 2 ranks per level even though I'm human...sure this game is going to be fun
>>
>>54305120
>trading skill ranks, versatility, and buffing potential for +2 ac from armour proficiency

I'm just saying, it's a bad deal. The only reason to play a Paladin is you wanted to write Paladin on your sheet.
>>
>>54305177
Fucking this. Turns me off communism completely, and I used to be a card-carrying Bolshevik
>>
>>54305186
>rolling for stats
>>
>>54305186
This, play inquisitor instead, you'll be better at everything.
>>
>>54305206
Well, make it elite array, or even 20 point buy. You can't afford more than a 11 on Int
>>
>>54305186
You know relying on your teammates is kinda part of the game?
>>
kawase is a confirmed shitter who doesn't use quotation marks when RPing their character saying something
>>
>>54305085
Nothing, but you don't have to be Lawful Good to be a good guy.

Paladin's alignment restriction really should be "any good", with examples of paladin behavior when they aren't lawful. It boggles my mind that Cayden and Sarenrae's paladins MUST be Lawful Good.
>>
>>54305255
Sarenrae is Lawful Good last I checked and you can't have paladins of Cayden at all.
>>
>>54305255
Generally speaking, Chaotic gods don't have Paladins. Which is why, Jacobs, we need an archetype for Paladin of Freedom. You fuck.
>>
>>54305242
>Better classes, aka real caster, do everything, even out of combat skills
>"Thanks for relying on me, Paladin-kun, you can play with this ball now"
I can't even roleplay because my Paladin don't know jack shit
>>
File: Autistic Screeching.png (1MB, 1009x2482px) Image search: [Google]
Autistic Screeching.png
1MB, 1009x2482px
>>54305211
TOO BAD I CAN'T BE CHARISMA BASED, OR GET CHARISMA TO WILL SAVES
>>
>>54305255
Chaotic Good is just as divergent from Lawful Good as Lawful Evil is. Either allow any Good OR any Lawful, or stick to LG.
>>
>>54305295
Well you can if you can convince your OG DM to give you divine grace.
>>
>>54305290
Is this it? Have we reached a reverse stormwind fallacy?
>>
>>54305105
fucking who? I don't keep u with your shitty ecelebs and discords
>>
>>54305322
LG characters should receive Divine Grace, and paladins should get it doubled.
>>
>>54305286
Inner Sea Gods list Sarenrae as Neutral Good. You are right about Cayden though.
>>
>>54305252
>Not using quotation marks

I can't believe people would do this.
>>
>>54305338
Nice try, Kawase
>>
>>54305340
that's fucking stupid and half the reason is because really strict alignment-locks on things like that are retarded
>>
>>54305340
Now that's retarded for several reasons.
>>
>>54305363
Seriously, who the fuck are you talking about? What fucking game are you even talking about? I just sit around here and come to make homebrews and shit, I have no clue who the fuck you're talking about
>>
File: 1497642098927.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
1497642098927.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
Speaking of bad locks and gating.
>>
>>54305305
>Chaotic Good is just as divergent from Lawful Good as Lawful Evil is.

On a strict alignment scale, you are correct.

In every other way, that's so fucking wrong. When it comes down to it, the Good vs. Evil axis, especially when it comes to religion, should heavily outweigh law vs. chaos. I could at least imagine a joint coalition of CG and LG followers crusading against a common foe, you need some world ending threat like the Worldwound before you see LG and LE team up.
>>
Paladin is a 2 level Dip, no need to dive more in that pile of shit
>>
>>54305322
Fuck I mean protection.
>>
>>54305397
That's actually a decent excuse for empyreal lords and good outsiders getting less support than evil ones in the fluff and crunch.

Good ends up working together, so they have less conflict going on, and they're all together as part of one big coalition of Empyreal Lords.

Evil is constantly fighting amongst themselves and betraying each other, so they form innumerable factions that all have their own mechanics and plot hooks.
>>
>>54305295
Judgement gives you +1 to all saves per 5 levels (up to +5), and at 10th level the bonus is doubled against curses, poisons and diseases.
>>
She was probably a true mother and mother I would be a nice person and she was a very cool app but it would probably be the best thing ever app app ever had to it all of a great game and I could have it for you to be a great game and a great app though so I can get a better game than I would like it for the game though it would probably not even make sense if I was the only person who had the game on my phone app though it would be great to have the game play and play with the app and play the app for the gods and lord knows I love you too
>>
>>54305488
It's a joke you egg

>>54305322
>>54305444
Is there literally any DM who would ever let you use the old Divine Protection
>>
>>54305396
God, I wish I was a woman.
>>
File: Laughing Puppets.gif (3MB, 400x180px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Puppets.gif
3MB, 400x180px
>>54305396
>3 feat tax, 2 feat, alignment and gender tax
>just to get Strength-to-Attack with longbows

holy fuck an I thought needing the two feat tax on Wis-to-Attack with longbows via Erastil's Blessing was obnoxious.
>>
>You will never get dominated by a Gray Maiden
>>
Would tech weapon attack count as a Missile? for the consideration of Missile shield?
>>
>>54305672
That's fine. I'd rather dominate a gray maiden. Of course, she wouldn't be much of a maiden afterwards.
>>
>>54305751
Ask your GM. Lasers and beam weapons probably shouldn't by logic, but by game mechanics you should be allowed to let the shield take the hit for you instead of being punished unfairly.
>>
>>54305497
Oi, shut your mouf and look at my waaad
>>
>>54305751
As far as I know, no. All the guns are rays, grenade launchers and rocket launchers are splash weapons and so are grenades.
>>
New thread:

>>54305805
>>54305805
>>54305805
>>54305805
>>54305805
>>
>>54305751
Yes, which goes to show how silly the thing is.

>>54305759
Maiden doesn't mean virgin, at least as far as Paizo is concerned. Many Gray Maidens had lovers or even husbands before they became what they are... Besides, they call Shelyn "The Eternal Maiden" yet she's canonically been in sexual relationships before.

All "Maiden" means is a young woman.
>>
>>54305759
My main man.
Stuff like that is why almost every character needs a pair of masterwork manacles.
>>
>>54305497
I love you too.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5270261/chargen-rules-and-applications/?pageforid=5285601#post-5285601

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKING FURFAGS gET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54305019
Yeah, cause what's the point of unblinding or otherwise taking rebuffs off your teammates? Fuck that, I'd rather continue to fight with only three effective party members than give up a single standard action to continue with four. -My- actions are far more important!

I think there's other reasons why you probably don't play paladins, anon.
>>
>>54305807
>early post
>shit thread
>shit image
>>
>>54305879
not as shit of a post as yours, t b q h
>>
>>54305672
Good. I'd rather be dominated by a Kellid barbarian chick
>>
>>54305975
I thought the meme was a shoanti barbarian chick.
>>
>>54305998
Eh, not too keen on memes, and I'm not a fan of the bald hair and tattoos
>>
>>54306024
>Not too keen on memes
>Absalom Reckoning 4717
what did he mean by this?
>>
New thread

>>54306066
>>54306066
>>54306066
>>
>>54299731
Planning to overhaul my Iron Gods app today and possibly apply to Carnal Crown.
>>
>>54305869
Is she getting cha to hp? Is that some new feat?
Thread posts: 384
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.