[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 55

Naked hobo voldemorts vs sigmarines edition

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread: >>54249345
>>
File: RumourEngine_July12.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngine_July12.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
Stormcast grenadiers are coming mates
>>
should I go pure SCE or SCE with a side of wanderers to add a little speed and range?
>>
File: SC speed and range.png (184KB, 681x274px) Image search: [Google]
SC speed and range.png
184KB, 681x274px
>>54284318
>should I go pure SCE or SCE with a side of wanderers to add a little speed and range?

literally everything Wanderers can do SC does better. Mono SC is the way to go.
>>
>>54284987
>Yet still some idiots plays with their generic humans, elves and dwarves
When will they learn?
>>
File: 1398896450249.gif (366KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
1398896450249.gif
366KB, 140x160px
New to AOS, I like Magic and Shooting down my opponent from afar. I also like the Dark Aelves aesthetics.
How good are they on the table ? What a typical army of them would look like ? What are their main tactics ?
>>
>>54285019
>Yet still some idiots plays with their generic humans, elves and dwarves

a lot of people do not like the aesthetic and lore for SCE and so choose armies they do like.
>>
>>54285081
>How good are they on the table ?
Bad
>What a typical army of them would look like
1-2 units spam, since they splited into small armies
>What are their main tactics ?
Surrender
>>
>>54285098
People with shit taste should suffer.
>>
File: EBC.png (137KB, 793x441px) Image search: [Google]
EBC.png
137KB, 793x441px
>>54285081
>New to AOS
welcome
>I like Magic and Shooting down my opponent from afar
neat
>I also like the Dark Aelves aesthetics
me too!
>How good are they on the table ?
terrible mostly
>What a typical army of them would look like?
your best hope is the formation from the compendium in the pic, take darkshards as battleline
>What are their main tactics?
sadly they are pretty terrible but the formation in the pic is pretty good. Add a Black dragon lord or two and you should be crushing most things that aren't the super good new releases. Unfortunately dark aelves have no good wizards so I wouldn't bother with them, also don't bother with anything shooty except darkshards for battleline.

or you know, do whatever you want because you need to like your army too.

you may want to consider waiting a couple months... the rumor is that "shadow aelves" are going to be released probably next.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-dark-elves-en.pdf
>>
>>54285196
>no shooting
>no magic
>formation in the pic is pretty good.
>>
>>54285196
Hey thanks, I'll wait for the next release to decide then.
>>
>>54285252
with two black dragons in your face turn one and turn 2 bringing you something like 15 mortal wounds per unit of with elves it is not uncommon to literally wipe your opponent off the table before turn 3. Granted it doesn't work as well against the new bullshit releases but whatever.
>>
>>54285081
Wait for new release, current DE dead, but they are going to be replaced by new army
>>54285283
>and turn 2
And your dragons killed by these guys >>54284987
>>
>>54284987
In relation to this, i'm thinking of making an army bases around Palladors and Gryph hounds. Anyone tried anything similar?
>>
File: shrug.png (75KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
75KB, 500x327px
>>54285341
I did say it doesn't work well against the new bullshit releases
>>
>>54285423
Then how the fuck it's a GOOD formation?
>>
File: kurnoth.png (368KB, 540x638px) Image search: [Google]
kurnoth.png
368KB, 540x638px
>>54285432
>Then how the fuck it's a GOOD formation?

you know what power creep is right?

everything will be not as good when compared to what is most recently released.
>>
>>54285459
Then, again, why call this garbage a GOOD formation if it sucks against actual armies?
>>
>>54285484
Because a clever player can make it work. It grants you additional tools to empower what you have
>>
>>54285600
>Because a clever player can make it work.
Nope, his dragons will be shooted down and so the rest of army
There is literally no ways in AoS to make full melee lists useful
>>
Does anyone have the PDFs for the shadows over hammerhal books?
>>
File: Cute-Cat.jpg (35KB, 480x532px) Image search: [Google]
Cute-Cat.jpg
35KB, 480x532px
>>54285687
>Nope, his dragons will be shooted down and so the rest of armyThere is literally no ways in AoS to make full melee lists useful

so you showed up here... last week right? What's your story? You seem super negative about a lot of things and I would love to understand where you're coming from.
>>
>>54286386
I wouldn't bother Anon. Sometimes assholes are just assholes.
>>
>>54286386
>You seem super negative about a lot of things
Because I am saying truth?
>>
>>54286386
He's been here longer, about 2 years now, but he's only reappeared recently.
>>
>>54286495
I would say there is some truth in the sorts of things you say. Like how the old armies are weaker, and the new armies are the future, etc. Nothing wrong with saying the truth.

Anyways, like I was asking, what's your story? How did you get into AOS? Did you ever play whfb?
>>
>>54286824
>How did you get into AOS?
I bought SCE half of starter
>? Did you ever play whfb?
nope
>>
File: 99120218024_VandusHammerhand01.jpg (48KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120218024_VandusHammerhand01.jpg
48KB, 600x620px
>>54286886
>I bought SCE half of starter
that's really cool, I bought the box set too and gave two of my good friends each half. The SCE half has some really nice models, I particularly like the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth, he is really good and one of the best looking models in the entire SC range IMO.

So you get a chance to play much?
>>
>>54286993
>So you get a chance to play much?
Yep, what's your point?
>>
>>54287012
>Yep
that's cool, have you had a chance to play against KO yet? I haven't, sadly, they look fun and interesting.
>>
>>54286495

nah what you're saying is a bunch of incoherent nonsense, brought on by your immense asshurt for a subject you dont understand.

Dont reply until you learn unbroken english and get the dick out of your ass
>>
>>54287091
>bunch of incoherent nonsense
>tellling anon that his formation is shit against actual meta
> bunch of incoherent nonsense,
>>
File: 1439709776730.png (38KB, 190x187px) Image search: [Google]
1439709776730.png
38KB, 190x187px
Anyone mind giving me a bit of a summary on the current state of the setting?

I know
>lots of different "realms"
>each realm accessible through gates
>Slaanesh is gone
>Chaos running rampant

Do castles still exist with medieval towns?
Has the general fluff of Chaos changed?
Has the Realm of Chaos itself changed?
Are most races bar the new Dwarfs still at a medieval tech level?
Is there such thing as haunted castles and Sylvanian type horror areas?
>>
>>54287127
>implying the meta means shit when a squig heavy moonclan list won heat 3
>>
>>54287370
yeah wtf was up with that anyways?
>>
>>54288817
The dude outplayed his opponents and dominated objectives. He was cunning, but brutal
>>
>>54285081
Do chaos dwarf from forge world, holy shit they are amazing
>>
File: 300px-Badass_Settra.png (297KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Badass_Settra.png
297KB, 300x457px
>>54283378
Soon
>>
File: Arkanaut1.png (1MB, 1306x735px) Image search: [Google]
Arkanaut1.png
1MB, 1306x735px
>People are still having the same argument 5 threads later

Change of topic. What are you working on Anons?

I finally got back to working on my Arkanauts for a Skirmish list after a break. I have 3 completed, so only 7 in the production line and I already remembered why I hate doing production lines.
>>
>>54287199
The realms are vast and varied, so honestly the answer to most of those questions is simply "there is no reason why not".

The city they made for the last Warhammer Quest game would have fit right into WHFB Empire without much issue.

Also Chaos is more or less unchanged, and Slaaesh is less "gone" more "missing". They still exist, its just nobody knows where they are now.
>>
>>54287199
>Slaanesh is gone.

He isn't.

>Chaos running rampant

It's been generations (and almost a year) since that time. Order is on the rise, we have pirates flying around in shiny ships too.

>Has the Realm of Chaos itself changed?

Nurgle got kicked in the balls by Sigmar via stormcast going full "Sigmar-ahu Ackbar!"

>Are most races bar the new Dwarfs still at a medieval tech level?

Not really, maybe.

>Is there such thing as haunted castles and Sylvanian type horror areas?

Deffo!
>>
>>54290529
I like that blue on the armor, anon
>>
>>54290529
I feel you my first arkanaut box I made some moulds and got 20 out of a box abd assembly lined them all. Now i am on to 20 g. Thunderers, 6 endrinriggers, ironclad and then 20 more arkanauts.. I only assembly line.
>>
>>54291506
I know it is faster than painting each one to completion, but it is so boring. I actually have a half finished production line on Longbeards on my desk still, so this time I am forcing myself to complete them before moving onto something else.

>>54291130
Thanks, it is piss easy to do. It is just Kantor Blue > Nuln Oil > edge highlight with Kantor Blue > Extreme edge highlight with Altdorf Guard Blue.

You can control how dark you want the end result to be by how much or little you highlight with Kantor blue
>>
>>54291690
Nice, thanks for the steps to it to.
>>
File: IMG_3509.png (2MB, 1023x1370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3509.png
2MB, 1023x1370px
Hey guys I come too in search of stormcast color schemes, If I'm correct there was this new colour schemes in the new book which I'm looking for, one has a blue-black armor with a purple-red plume on the helmet I believe, and sadly I don't remember the others.
>>
>>54285127

hahaha, all the taste of recycle WoW garbage.
>>
>>54290418
Go blow your horn elsewhere mr skeltal.
>>
File: Fimir Battletome.pdf (64KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Battletome.pdf
64KB, 1x1px
>>54280195
Again thanks for feedback. I based cast 7 off of Tzeentch spells of Tzaangor Shaman and Ogroid Thaumaturge that do the same thing with Tzaangors and Horrors, but admittedly Fimir are probably far better than either of those.
I also realised I never put the Half-Fiends in the BT from my rough concept stage. I probably would just go with Shearls or Chaducain at this point.
The issue was with as short as her cast range is, I have literally never actually used it in game. If you get her close enough to be doing that you're close enough she's usually already dead. Honestly I don't know that fimir really *need* to be able to spawn more units (despite liking the fluff of it), so I'd be fine with giving her a different spell if it came right down to it.

Also if anyone else wants to chime in, here's it re-uploaded.
>>
>>54287370
>when a squig heavy moonclan list won heat 3
He won through objectives, not in pitched battle
>Do castles still exist with medieval towns?
nope
>>
>>54290529
Finished 10 Arkanauts and an Admiral, working on an Ironclad, and have an Endrinmaster I'm excited to work on and 10 more Arkanauts that I'm not excited for.

All my dwarfs interrelate to each other and have the same/verrrry similar colour schemes (green and gold, sometimes silver). So I have a Dispossessed army of Clan Izorstokaz, a KO army of Barak-Gorlm, and a 40k Squat army. I like to imagine that each of the armies is the descendants of the next one.
>>
>>54292359
>2017
>doesn't like superior Warcraft aesthetic
Shut up, sissy groggy
>>
>>54292964

The competitive scenarios are all objective based. Pure pitched battle strength is irrelevant in the GT.
>>
>>54293125
>Pure pitched battle strength is irrelevant in the GT.
Yes, because everyone plays on tournaments every day.
Also, pitched strenght shows pure army power-level. If Moonclan opponent rolled 1-2 doubleturns he would won easily
>>
>>54293119
You gotta be 18 to be here kid.
>>
>>54293125
>Pure pitched battle strength is irrelevant in Age of Sigmar

The game has been objective based since launch. Every single book that has come out for the game contains battleplans that involve some form of objective other than "table your enemy by turn 6".

It is like watching a baseball game, and saying that the losing team was actually better because they threw the ball harder.
>>
>>54293196
>grognards still whinning about "muh WoW" as it valid argument
>>
>>54287199

Possibly.

>Has the general fluff of Chaos changed?
Chaos has been established as an force that has consumed alot of realities, many of them by Archaon's hands. The Chaos Gods think the Mortal Realms is just another of those realities they devoured. The slann know the Mortal Realms are more important and that could lead to their ultimate defeat.

>Has the Realm of Chaos itself changed?
There's two new places:
-Blight City a skaven city that was transported to the realm of chaos to escape the End Times, but due to the skavenanigans it sink half into reality, which means the skaven can make holes into the Mortal Realms and other realities.
-Varanspire is the fortress of Archaon situated in the Eightpoints and the Realm of Chaos.
There's also a piece of the crystal labyrinth that was stolen and put into an dimensional pocket called the Halosphere by a Slann. It's implied that if they can get the equation to open the gates at it's center they will be able to screw Tzeench in a major way.

Probably not.

Possibly.
>>
>>54293210
Except it's wargame, not sportgame
>>
>>54284987
but I like the aesthetic of mortals fighting along side SCE
>>
File: 1487759580513.jpg (565KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1487759580513.jpg
565KB, 1622x1058px
>>54293230
>>Do castles still exist with medieval towns?
>Possibly.
Wrong
>>
>>54293238
What you was supposed to take from that is that you are measuring who is better with a useless metric that doesn't actually apply.

If you are playing pitched battles often, you are not getting the most out of the game. It was designed to be played with battleplans, and a lot of them are really interesting.

>>54293266
I don't know why I am replying to the shit poster, but one city is not representative of every city.
>>
I like how for a brief moment anon tried to converse with the slav like a human being and how bewildered the slav was at the thought of actually TALKING about the game he claims to enjoy as opposed to only mindlessly bitching about everything constantly.
>>
>>54293289
>It was designed to be played with battleplans,
And my SCE wins always. Your point?
Moonclan won, not because army was good, but because of luck
>but one city is not representative of every city.
It's represents common technology level and it's far from medieval.
>>
>>54293300
>only mindlessly bitching about everything constantly.
Where exactly I was bitching about everything? When I said fantasycuck that his formation sucks and he should wait for new aelves army instead of keep pushing "legacy army are relevant!" meme?
>>
>>54287199

Chaos definitely has them. From what we know of the free cities, they are a mix of tall dome topped towers and a blend of renaissance and ancient greek architecture (see illustrations from shadows over hammerhal for more detail). The more azyr-inspired buildings have less and less of the traditional wfb style, but retain some elements in terms of their general iconography. See the Shadows over Hammerhal guidebook, read city of secrets and google pictures of azyrheim for examples of known building styles.

It's difficult to pin down the exact style for several reasons. First is that realms are inevitably varied and wild in places. Second is that the only non-chaotic building scenery GW has released are ruins from the age of myth and we don't know if that style is exactly representative of the free cities (though it seems to hold similarities). Third is that we have limited general info on the style. We have

The new settings' equivalent of the colleges of magic (now named collegiate arcane) often have access to powerful arcane machines and mechanisms (storm engines I think they were called?) which, in conjunction with traditional artillery (cannons, rocket batteries), help them to defend their cities.

Blackpowder weaponry is still in common use by ordinary human soldiery though, as are traditional melee weapons; swords, spears, halberds etc. Stormcast obviously have magical, storm-infused weaponry that's made from sigmarite, the magical metal found within the core of the old world which now rests in the realm of azyr. Basically on a more individual level, the weaponry is the same for ordinary soldiers. On a greater level, there's a lot more crazy arcane technology around which performs important functions for the cities. Please ignore the shitposter, he's the Matt Ward of stormcast eternals.
>>
>>54293558
>On a greater level, there's a lot more crazy arcane technology around which performs important functions for the cities
So the in the cities the quality of life would hopefully been improved.
>>
>>54293558
>he's the Matt Ward of stormcast eternals.
And I'am right.
>>
>>54293587
>So the in the cities the quality of life would hopefully been improved.
And it was improved, Azyrheim is basically very highly advanced civilization. see >>54293266
>>
Is there any way to represent a "good" barbarian faction? Like Conan-esque aesthetic (not implying Conan is "good"), aside from Chaos Marauders? Or is it pretty much Chaos and or Chaos for that?
>>
>>54293618
>Is there any way to represent a "good" barbarian faction?
SCE
>>
>>54293627
And Sylvaneths with Fireslayers
>>
>>54293627
How the fuck are Stormcast Eternals anywhere near Conan-esque barbarians?

>>54293618
Honestly the closest thing Order has to barbarians aesthetically is Fyreslayers. If you are open to heavily converting you could modify Marauders a touch to lose the Chaosy elements and run them using Freeguild or Fyreslayer rules.
>>
>>54293587

Cities in the realm of azyr have a good QoL. To give a 40k analogy, Azyr is the fantasy EQ of Ultramar, and it's cities are comparable to the planets in that system. Other realms have cities with both extremes of luxury and poverty. Excelsis has a great centre inspired by azyrite architectural styles, but also things you'd expect in a crowded city, big busy and disorderly markets and harbours, slums (excelsior's slums are called 'the veins', because it's a mess of cramped and crowded buildings built on top of each other with little forethought).

>>54293627
SCE aren't much like barbarians. They're literally the peak of heroism, sigmars chosen, reforged in his image to fight chaos, not petty raiders and scavengers.

Fyreslayers are a much better match. They're literally bare-chest, axe wielding, giant fire beast wrangling, magical gold hoarding dwarves.
>>
>>54293671
Is there any way to add some sort of 'nobility' into Chaos fluff? Like I remember someone talking on here about Khorne having honourable martial aspects or something. Could do a Chaos army and have them think they're on the side of honor or whatever.
>>
>>54293671
>How the fuck are Stormcast Eternals anywhere near Conan-esque barbarians?
How the fuck they aren't?
>>
>>54293704
>Could do a Chaos army and have them think they're on the side of honor or whatever.
Only in headcanon
>>
>>54293704
Unfortunately the more noble side of Khorne is lost to time. In Age of Sigmar he is straight BLOOD SKULLS KILL MAIM BURN.
>>
>>54293709
Oh you are literally retarded. Got it. Cheers faggot. Try not to choke on your paint water
>>
>>54293704

Play tzeentch. Tzeentch tricks and corrupts people into doing bad shit all the time. That or play flesh eater courts. They're literally mad cannibals who are under a delusion that they're noble knights and kings.
>>
>>54293618
>>54293671
Honestly I'm surprised there isn't a human faction like that for Destruction or Order. I guess Order already has more than enough considering all the aelves/duardin/SCE/freeguild and w/e fall into that, but it'd be interesting to see a Destruction faction that wasn't based off greenskins or ogres.
>>
>>54293762
I think that would be cool, fantasy digganobs'd be the shit. Sorry there isn't a readily available option in Order that is too your liking.
>>
>>54293817

Well, the most literal, but obviously aesthetically dissimilar match is freeguild, simply because many of their ranks are taken from the reclaimed; tribes of humans who fled from or hid from chaos before the gates of azyr closed. Read city of secrets for more info.
>>
>>54293862
I have read it but I forgot that bit, that's a good point actually! I think I might look in to either mixing marauders in with a freeguild army, or mix-matching bits from the kits. Thanks anon!
>>
>>54293910
Also see duncan's recently vid on his converted freeguild spearmen. You could make a more feral, less 300 version of that easily.
>>
>>54283378
Tempted to start a Sylvaneth force or wait to see if shadowkin come out this year.

I used to play woodelves by the way back in warhammer.
>>
>>54293862
The rules for freeguild are one of my suggestions from earlier. It's just getting the aesthetic right, that's the trick.
>>
>>54293997
Sylvaneth are in an okay place if you can't wait for the aelves release. Plus their models are really great.
>>
>>54294027
Okay I just have a bias towards things with a Nature vs. Evil aesthetic, but the models are okay.
>>
>>54293720
>>54293734
>>54293756
You guys are losers when it comes to the fluff.

>>54293704
Yes, there is.

Check out Order of the Fly from the "Plague Garden" novel. Even Stormcast admit these Nurglite are honourable and have a measure of nobility..
>>
>>54293671
>How the fuck are Stormcast Eternals anywhere near Conan-esque barbarians?

The Astral Templar are known for their savage and wild ways (think Space Wolves).
>>
>>54293366
Ah, so you were pushing the "legacy army are not relevant" meme. Gotchu.
>>
>>54294258
There is also the Chaos character from Silver Tower, who embraced the power of Chaos to protect his tribe.
>>
>>54294610
Hearing about random humans and why they chose Chaos for non-BWAHAHAHAEEEEEEEVILLLL reasons will always be the most interesting part of chaos to me
>>
>>54294662
It did end with him ascending to daemonhood, losing all his humanity, and returning to his tribe as a destroyer, not as a protector.
>>
>>54294594
>i-i-i-it's just a meme, my Empire is still relevant!
>>
>>54294896
Empire doesn't exist. Empire is a WFB faction.
>>
>>54295044
I've talked about models
>>
>>54293264
>but I like the aesthetic of mortals fighting along side SCE
>5' 11" vs 6' 0" dot jaypeg
>>
>>54295082
>but I still like the aesthetic of mortals fighting along side SCE
>>
>>54295214
Shit taste, desu
>>
>>54295214
Ignore the slav he is literally a child.
>>
ok I love models with shields, especially round shields, but the slow melee meme is killing me

are there fast models with shields?
>>
>>54295524
There are plenty of cavalry with shields. Prosecutors as well.
>>
File: Introspection.jpg (80KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
Introspection.jpg
80KB, 800x580px
>>54295254
>>
>>54295618
I was told marauder horsemen were really bad
>>
>>54295628
They seem pretty bad, yeah. No personal experience though.
>>
>>54295628
>>54295676

Really nice models though. Great viking helmets. If only the marauder box got a re-sculpt to match.
>>
>>54295627
>projecting so hard
>>
File: e6bf317.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
e6bf317.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Magmadroth + Vulkites confirmed. Up on Japanese GW briefly.
>>
>>54295772
Why would you ever buy the magmadroth alone lol? Free vulkites
>>
>>54295732
Literally your response to everything. Make sure to drink all your kompot or you wont grow up big and stronk.
>>
>>54295834

It's the same with some of the other sets. Just how they're doing it.
>>
>>54295772

Neat.

Hope they rebox the rest of fyreslayers too though, the dollar-to-points ratio is pretty out of line after the changes
>>
>>54295772
That's pretty good. Here in Aus Vulkite Berserkers + Magmadroth is twice the cost of a start collecting! set.
>>
>>54295855
>Literally your response to everything
Only to fantasycuck who acts as their legacyshit is still relevant and should have proper support
>>
how does this sound as some lore for a dudes?

Within the Realm of Shadows lies a canyon flooded with an eerie dense fog. A realmgate lies there, deep within a fortress built into the canyon wall.

The nameless fortress has had countless owners throughout the centuries, each leaving their own mark on it. Now Sigmar's favored have claimed it as their own. Clad in bronze armor with green velvet hoods, they call themselves the Sidereal Wardens.

Each day they patrol the length of the canyon. The lanterns they carry bring Sigmar's light to an otherwise dark land.

Darker still are the vast dungeons beneath the nameless fortress. The stormcast sealed off the passages. What could be down there that even Sigmar's mighty warriors fear?

Still, for a mortal in the Realm of Shadow, life in the fortress under the protection and guidance of the Sidereal Wardens is probably the best they could hope for.

>I really like the Knight-Azyros and Castellant models
>>
Hi guys, wanting to get into Age of Sigmar.

I had a brief look in the store on the books etc, it seems the setting has a somewhat moving plot? done in their campaign books?

Is there any order i should read these?
>>
>>54296130
Sounds pretty cool mate.
>>
File: Empire_1_.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_1_.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
Does the Freeguild have a real purpose are they just background elements?

Like is there anything the Freeguild can do better than anyone else?
>>
>>54296203
They act as guards and police in settlements and cities. They are baseline humans so they don't exactly excel at anything, but they aren't complete shit at the same time if greatswords and generals are anything to go by.
They are the normal humans in this fantasy world.
>>
>>54296130
Like a Space Marines chapter fluff?
>>
>>54296203
>Like is there anything the Freeguild can do better than anyone else?
Nothing
>>54296221
>but they aren't complete shit
Dude, they cannot even do police job
>>
File: 1499071571316.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499071571316.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>54296250
was it really that bad? I'll have to try again
>>
>>54296276
>was it really that bad?
It was average
I think SCE fluff always will be like another version of Space Marines
>>
>>54296138
I think somewhere on the official facebook group there is an image guide? I know I saw an image laying out the lore up to that point somewhere.
>>
File: Moonclan round bases.png (322KB, 502x375px) Image search: [Google]
Moonclan round bases.png
322KB, 502x375px
>>54283378
>Moonclan gets reboxed this saturday!
>>
File: Glade Guard round bases.png (536KB, 1344x662px) Image search: [Google]
Glade Guard round bases.png
536KB, 1344x662px
>>54296391
Also, Glade Guard got the same treatment and are actually cheaper now. (€25 instead of €31). I have slight hope for discount Grots.
>>
>>54296405
>no Wardancers, no Glade Riders
>>
>>54293169
Pitched battle is the most retarded forma ever, and it only plagues us because waacfags in previous editions insisted on it. It's amazing how people win by going after objctives in an objectie-based game.
>>
>>54296405
Grots are still 20 to a box, so unless they do a raw price drop I doubt it
Though maybe if we're lucky they'll get a SECOND reboxing later with more grots. I just hope when it's their turn for an update they either get new plastics of their old shit, or like, a slightly more heavy grot unit
>>
>>54296429
>itched battle is the most retarded forma ever
Why? It's not board game (like Talisman), it's not role playing game, it's a fucking WARgame
>>
File: BOSS A DEM NIGHT GOBLINS.jpg (289KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
BOSS A DEM NIGHT GOBLINS.jpg
289KB, 1024x640px
>>54296391
>>
>>54296460
You know wars usually have objectives right? Like the capturing of a city or the death of key leadership.
>>
File: Screenshot_6.jpg (105KB, 1057x591px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.jpg
105KB, 1057x591px
>>54296269

One city's guard is bad ergo they're all bad.

You're as smart as Katy Perry.
>>
>>54296541
>You know wars usually have objectives right?
And the main objective is defeat enemy army and force them to surrender.
>>
>>54296561
>One city's guard is bad ergo they're all bad.
Nope, but it's showing how incompitent free guild. They literally cannot do anything without SCE.
>>
>>54296203
I sense this is written by the slav, for the slav.
>>
>>54296203

Also yes, they actually have dank moustaches and hats. So they have 200% fashion bonus over Goldmask McPauldrons.
>>
>>54296577
Again, one lot of freeguild were incompetent ergo they're all incompetent?

Also, 'literally' has an actual meaning; it's not an adverb to be thrown around for emphasis.
>>
>>54296639
>one
The whole city
>>
>>54296657

And how many cities are in a realm? And how big IS a realm? You're making a generalisation and you don't even know what your sample size is.
>>
>>54296657
Much of which had already fallen to tzeentch because the leadership was corrupted. It's not like it was even close to a fair fight.
>>
>>54296662
Okay, yoou have any victories of FG in fluff to say they are compitent and relevant?
>>
>>54296631
>>54296553

Looky here guys. The Slav troll is shitposting in /WHFB/ as well. So can you for the love of god not reply to an obvious troll than won't listen to any arguement you make and just continue to shitpost.
>>
>>54296691
>. The Slav troll is shitposting in /WHFB/ as well.
BWAHAHAHA, Why would I even need to post in their dead thread?
>>
>>54296568
Eh, I'd argue that adding objectives and scenarios, even ones as simple as the pitched battle missions in the GHB, is an immeasurably important part of AoS. The game doesn't really work without them.
>>
>>54296709
>The game doesn't really work without them.
Because Stormcasts SIGMARED your geneeric elves?
>>
File: gxcFUj4[1].png (60KB, 983x819px) Image search: [Google]
gxcFUj4[1].png
60KB, 983x819px
How does this make you feel?
>>
Stop talking to this thing. Hopefully it'll get lonely after being ignored for awhile and kill itself.
>>
>>54296689

I'm not making a claim. You are. You're trying to flip the burden of proof the other way because your evidence is based on a single anecdote. I'm not arguing that freeguild, as a faction, are better than SCE. Hell, I'm not even arguing that freeguild are necessarily good at anything whatsoever. You're arguing that freeguild are irrelevant and incompetent. I'm arguing that your claim is unsubstantiated. It's like in a criminal trial. I don't have to prove that the accused is innocent, I just need to prove that your evidence is insubstantial to find the accused guilty.
>>
>>54296746
>I'm arguing that your claim is unsubstantiated.
City of Secrets+ any fluff about Free people saying that they are irrelevant, they didn't fighting, just following after Stormcasts conquers the lands
>>
>>54296568
Which is done by securing vital objectives, such as towns, mines, bridges and such. Pitched battle is a retarded concept, because two equal armies lining up to see which one is better in perfectly symmetrical situation is as far removed from WAR as possible. Fucking Bloodbowl is a better wargame than any battle using pitched battle rules.
>>
>>54296203
>Does the Freeguild have a real purpose are they just background elements?

Like the Stormcast they crusade across the realms and liberate realms from Chaos. The Warrior Priest in Silver Tower was a dude following a Freeguild regiment to the warlines when he was kidnapped.

Also the Freeguilds played a huge role in defending the Greywater Fatness city during the Seasons of War.

>inb4 slav trolling
>>
>>54296746
Fuck off Livan
>>
>>54296759
City of secrets is one city, where the leadership was already corrupted. Not a fair fight in the slightest.

>any fluff about Free people saying that they are irrelevant
Burden of proof is on you. Stating something to be a fact doesn't make it so.
>>
>>54296763
>Which is done by securing vital objectives, such as towns, mines, bridges and such.
And then killing enemy troops who trying to retake it, Moonclan army was doomed to lose, but won because of luck (1-2 doubleturns and squigs would die and grots weren't able to hold the objectives alone) and artificial rules, like in some RTS missions where you should hold 30-40 minutes
>>54296764
Except they didn;t crusading, they just guarding locations already retaken by Stormcasts.
>>
Who the fuck is Livan?
>>
>>54296791
>where the leadership was already corrupted.
And free guilds failed to fix it, actually 2/3 of them turned to Chaos.
>Burden of proof is on you
Okay
>cement the Stormcasts ' hold in the war-raveged realms
>These legions serve to supplement the Stormcasts Eternals
>Ranks of soldiers and noble sons of Azyrheim have sworn their allegiance to the lords of the Stormhosts
>Vast armies muster before the gates of Azyrheim and march out into the lands retaken by the Stormcasts Eternals
>>
>>54296792
Prove it. Also learn english you moron. No wonder you don't understand the lore, you can barely read it. Maybe that why you rely on pictures so much, because you're a pathetic illiterate disgrace to your ancestors.
>>
File: Azyrhiem Revenge.png (17KB, 629x197px) Image search: [Google]
Azyrhiem Revenge.png
17KB, 629x197px
Also the lore about the Armies of Azyrhiem says that the Freeguilds and other armies march to war for revenge. Sometimes with the Stormcast and sometimes on their own.
>>
>Debating with the shitty slav
>Again
>About freeguild
>AGAIN
Shut the fuck up. Better to let the thread die than go through this shit again. You all should know better.
>>
>>54296813
Any news about their victories?
Also, I'am hope they will get some victories in fluff when new FG army will be released.
>>
>>54296458
Yeah, grots are cheap as hell on ebay because battle for skull pass. We need new releases or at least cheaper squigs/trolls to make grots a nice army in aos.
>>
>>54296803
>free guilds failed to fix it
Implying that's actually their job. I'm sorry, didn't you say it was the stormcasts in charge? and did they fix the leadership? Oh, that's right, they did fuck all while their city's centralised city leadership was corrupted. You want to measure them up to SCE? well SCE were just as useless in that regard. And no, fixing it in the end doesn't count; they let it get that bad in the first place.

Stay on point; you have to prove BOTH that they're irrelevant and incompetent. You haven't proven the second, but lets address the first:

Lets first establish something. Subservience to, and/or the formation of alliances with SCE =/= irrelevance.

>Sigmar must use every loyal warrior he can muster
Sounds like the god king needs them, after all, he "must use EVERY loyal warrior"

Many perform useful functions. The devoted of sigmar

Azyrheim's Revenge:
> Many war hosts issued forth, fighting on their own or aiding the Stormcast Eternals
Fighting on their own?
I'm sorry, didn't you say they just follow the SCE? Didn't you explicitly say "they just guarding". "they didn;t crusading".

>These new bastions of order, founded since the opening of the gates of Azyr, welcome the aid of sigmar's chosen, but have staunch warriors of their own that march to their defence and that of their allies.

>Staunch warriors of their own that march to their defence and that of their allies.
What? what is this? they can actually protect themselves? No way! What a revolutionary notion!
>>
>>54296976
>Implying that's actually their job.
Yes it was theur jib as police-force
>didn't you say it was the stormcasts in charge?
In charge of war.
>well SCE were just as useless in that regard.
Except there is shitton of SCE victories across the Mortal Realms.
>Sounds like the god king needs them, after all, he "must use EVERY loyal warrior"
And only Stormcasts is loyal while Free guild regiments prefer switch to Chaos side.
>Didn't you explicitly say "they just guarding". "they didn;t crusading".
Yes, I said it, and provided the citation about that.
Meanwhile where is all glorious FG victories?
>they can actually protect themselves?
Yeah protecting themselves after SCE destroyed all large Chaos forces in the area.
>>
>>54297637
>Meanwhile where is all glorious FG victories?

There is no arguing with you. You ignored the specificity of all my points. You only see what you want to see, and fall back on past arguments when you have no present one.
>>
>>54297682
>You ignored the specificity of all my points.
Such as? Dude all your point looks like
>well IG fighting on planet Nonameus-V, they are still relevant!
>>
File: postoje-razliciti-tipovi-suza-6.jpg (33KB, 768x513px) Image search: [Google]
postoje-razliciti-tipovi-suza-6.jpg
33KB, 768x513px
Jesus Christ, GBH2 release fuckin when?
>>
>>54298198

Was it august or later?
>>
>>54298198
Never, 40k will drown out this game like it did with fantasy and people will claim, "If you loved it so much, why didn't you buy the models?"

pottery
>>
>>54298222
Not gonna lie, I really hoped for july
>>
What's everyone's favourite post-sigmar faction? By that I mean ranges that were created after age of sigmar released. Mine's probably Disciples of Tzeentch.
>>
File: CnPbFZsUkAAWHMt.jpg large.jpg (331KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
CnPbFZsUkAAWHMt.jpg large.jpg
331KB, 2048x1152px
>>54298530
I unironically like SCE. People might complain that their design in boring but I like this golem-like aesthetic and their flull
>>
File: 03eaa1cc1d27d7aaa98c010dab312982.jpg (651KB, 827x1184px) Image search: [Google]
03eaa1cc1d27d7aaa98c010dab312982.jpg
651KB, 827x1184px
>>54298558

I think in general their design is okay, but it would've been improved had the designers more closely followed John Blanche's concept sketches. Take a look at the attached pic. What we have is pretty decent, but a model just like the sketch would be fucking glorious.
>>
>>54298587
>John Blanche's concept sketches
Into the thrash it goes, current SCE literally perfect
>>
>>54298636
See this shit. See what you're doing? This is why no one likes you.
>>
>>54298682
>See what you're doing?
Saying my opinion?
>>
>>54296391

Time for me to make a Gobbo skirmish army then.
>>
>>54298697
Kill yourself.
>>
>>54298777
Only after you.
>>
>>54298798
>n-no u!
>>
>>54298697
The only reason you're here is to cause dissent. Hell, I shouldn't even be replying to you.
>>
File: 800px-Sigultramarine.jpg (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sigultramarine.jpg
38KB, 800x600px
How'd I do boys?
>>
File: shamecast.jpg (194KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
shamecast.jpg
194KB, 600x486px
>MFW people actually play
Snorecast
Borecast
Lamecast
Samecast
Stormcuck Eternals
>>
>>54299200
Pretty fine. I'd thin paints and make smoother blending of colours. Not the best scheme for SC models, but whatever floats your boat :)
>>
File: IMG_20170707_094559363_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170707_094559363_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>54298530
Sylvaneth by far. First I didn't quite like them but after I bought box of kurnoth hunters I fell in love. Now I have 2,5k of them and I've only painted 1k. Too bad that woods cost so much cash. Pic related is my TL ancient
>>
>>54299200
Looks bland as fuck mate. Whoever made this didn't put much effort into
>>
If you reply to the slav you're a raging autist with no impulse control.
>>
File: dodge.jpg (68KB, 565x479px) Image search: [Google]
dodge.jpg
68KB, 565x479px
>>54299236
>massive dong and balls

Not even close.

Thats a codpiece.
>>
>>54299236
>t.buttblasted fantasycuck
>>
File: Freeguild guardsmen.jpg (150KB, 1225x817px) Image search: [Google]
Freeguild guardsmen.jpg
150KB, 1225x817px
>>54287199

Yes castles and medieval towns still exist. The realms are a big place.

Chaos is chaos.

Realm of chaos is the realm of chaos.

The races are at whatever tech level their player wants them to be at. You want your dudes to live in poop huts? You got it. You want your dwarves to live out of a city of steel and crystal? You got it.

I'd imagine there would definitely be haunted castles and shit. The Skirmish rulebook states that the realm of death is a horrific place. The free people cities there have wards set up to keep the dead at bay. There are mountains of dead and other shit there. It's a scary place lol.
>>
>>54299419

Gobble gobble goes the stormcuck
>>
>>54299200

That's an abomination. Your freehanding isn't too bad though.
>>
>>54299490
Gimme sum of those slashes sleeves bby.
>>
>>54299490
>that the realm of death is a horrific place
Well yeah, maps shows it perfectly
>>
>>54299668

I cringed when I saw they'd made the landscape look like a 4 yr old's impression of a skull . .
>>
>>54290529
I've finished a large amount of my Spiderfang stuff not too long ago. Just a couple of Arachnaroks remaining, and to figure out how I'm going to transport them when they are done.
>>
Should I rebase my old dispossessed? I kinda like how the round ones look but the ranking up is kinda cool
>>
>>54300164
You should buy new army
>>
>>54300164

You should rebase them. It just looks better for age of sigmar, and says to your opponent that you're serious about age of sigmar and this isn't just a leftover army from WFB. Ignore >>54300232. Don't respond to him, he's the cancer we can't seem to get rid of.
>>
>>54300232
You should buy a rope and hang yourself.
>>
>>54300232
Already have me some Kharadron. So I'm good there.
>>54300336
Kinda what I figured. Gonna get to rebasing all those little bastards then. Hopefully they see some love in GHB2
>>
>>54299736
AoS is nothing but cringe.
>>
>>54300232
See this is why no one likes you. It's not enough that you have a personal preference, you have to shit on anything vaguely resembling a WFB faction.
>>
>>54285098
If someone honestly prefers generic humans, elves and dwarves over SCE, Seraphon, Sylvaneth, any flavor of Chaos, or Skaven, they need to be sterilized so their shit taste cannot be passed on.
>>
File: Freeguild militia.jpg (118KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Freeguild militia.jpg
118KB, 800x533px
>>54299664

muh guildie
>>
>>54300376
>Already have me some Kharadron.
So play them.
>>
File: havinaball.jpg (1MB, 2528x1998px) Image search: [Google]
havinaball.jpg
1MB, 2528x1998px
>>54300441

Dude shut up

I love the look of the Empire/freeguild. I also like the look and fluff of every other army.

It's almost as though people are allowed to like anything they want.

Bloody grow the hell up.
>>
File: river trogs.png (3MB, 1379x889px) Image search: [Google]
river trogs.png
3MB, 1379x889px
>>54300457

BLEEGGHH
>>
>>54300495
>I love the look of the Empire/freeguild.
Shit taste, desu.
>It's almost as though people are allowed to like anything they want.
It doesn;t mean they should spread their cancer across the thread.
It is our game, not yours
>>
File: Freeguild knights.jpg (422KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
Freeguild knights.jpg
422KB, 1200x810px
>>54300527
>>
>>54300546
>Freeguild
>knights
Let play a 'spot salty fantasycuck'-game.
>>
>>54300546

God damn I love Adrian Smith's art so much
>>
>>54300563

Oh I'm not salty. I don't miss Fantasy at all desu. The art and a few novels were good but the game itself by 8e was a mess to play. For me at least.
>>
>>54300605
>Oh I'm not salty. I don't miss Fantasy at all desu
>I love the look of the Empire/freeguild.
>>
>>54300616

I don't get how that makes me salty.
>>
>>54300631
So you are just fantasycuck, okay
>>
>>54300605
Stop.feeding.the,troll.

He doesn't give a fuck about AoS or the free guilds. He is doing it just to rile you up and get fed. The fact that it keeps working just proves the level of IQs in this thread.
>>
>>54300616
I know you hate empire/freeguild, but you're gonna have to munch a dick coz that look isn't going anywhere :).
>>
>>54300640
;)
>>
>>54293266
Looks like some Alan Moore illustration of how Ozymandias lived.

Pretty good but better suited for like a Discworld novel.
>>
>>54300657
>Accurate polished chest plate,
>giant golden fantasy steampunk megapolis
>XIX century rifle
>Cool Dark Eldar-like black full-plate armor
It's already better than current FG model-line
>>
>>54300495
Getting into a fantasy game and playing a normal human is like going to an ice cream parlor and ordering a slice of white bread.
>>
>>54300705
Well in some interview, AoS writters told they mostly took inspiration from New Gods and Tales of Asgard
At least some anon mentioned it in one of threads
>>54300719
Especially if those humans generic as fuck without anything interesting
>>
>>54300657

Woa I may have to snag this along with City of Secrets.
>>
>>54299296
pretty
>>
>>54300743
>New Gods and Tales of Asgard
That's awesome, now if only Seraphon could get a fucking black library book.
>>
>>54300707
19th century rifle? How can you tell?
>>
File: 5788069.jpg (290KB, 1375x978px) Image search: [Google]
5788069.jpg
290KB, 1375x978px
>>54300788
>How can you tell?
>>
>>54300799
That's just another picture. That doesn't help at all. I'm asking you to identify the precise features of the rifle in the original piece that define it as a 19th century rifle.
>>
>>54300821
>That doesn't help at all. I'm asking you to identify the precise features of the rifle in the original piece that define it as a 19th century rifle.
1) Size
2) Top part
>>
>>54300743
New Gods like Jack Kirby?
cool
>>
>>54300842
>>54300842
I don't think the size is different. The original oldschool handgunners had small guns sure, but the more modern ones have quite long rifles, almost as tall as themselves. Maybe that's just the way they're modelled. What does 'top part' mean. Are you talking about the ironsight? the lack of the flared end? Be specific.
>>
>>54300878
>but the more modern ones have quite long rifles, almost as tall as themselves
So edge of 18 and 19 th centuries
>>
>>54300878
>What does 'top part' mean. Are you talking about the ironsight? the lack of the flared end?
And accurate ramrad
>>
>>54300657
>totally iron pistol
Yep, it's steampunk
>>
>>54300925
I'm still not sure what you mean. The current models have ramrods. 'Accurate' doesn't tell me anything. Accurate to what exactly?
>>
>>54300974
>. 'Accurate' doesn't tell me anything. Accurate to what exactly?
Accurate to old models and IRL 16-17th centuries weapon
>>
>>54300957
I hardly think that's enough to call it steampunk. Steampunk needs steam, and that's a blackpowder pistol. The setting is already kinda steampunk, but for a different reason, which is because we have things like gyrobopters/bombers and steamtanks which use boilers and hence steam power, and the limits formerly imposed by WFB (i.e. that only 12 were ever made in the case of steam tanks, and that gyro flyers were experimental, rare tech) disappeared in AoS to our knowledge.
>>
>>54300992
But I thought you said it was a 19th century one in the pic? ??? Oh the confusion over a simple blackpowder device.
>>
>>54301078
>But I thought you said it was a 19th century one in the pic?
Yes, and I am still saying it. It looks accurate comparing with old models and 16-17th centuries weapon
>>
File: 1461380026787.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1461380026787.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
Can I run a battalion on its own in matched play if I have no/not enough battleline?
>>
>>54301124
But if it looks close to a 16-17th century weapon, how can it be 19th century?
>>
>>54301158
Short answer: No
Long answer: No
>>
>>54299200
>bright blue base
>yellow trim instead of gold
>red skirt/tassels/whatever
>bright green base

Classic/10
>>
>>54300957
If they're good enough at metalworking what's to stop some madman from making the furniture out of iron/steel? It's pointlessly expensive and impractical compared to making it out of wood, but certainly doubt it's impossible.
>>
>>54301166
>But if it looks close to a 16-17th century weapon
I said it looks accurate and modern and compared it with 16-17th cent. weapon and old legacy models
>>
>>54299236
>2017
>hating Stormcasts in AoS general
hang yourself
>>
File: deliciousyoghurt.gif (709KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
deliciousyoghurt.gif
709KB, 600x400px
mfw new starter collections soon
>>
File: 1499964889601-1107390514.jpg (3MB, 5312x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1499964889601-1107390514.jpg
3MB, 5312x2992px
>>54292219
>>
>>54301585
>Fists of Sigmarite
They didn;t even trying to make SCE more interesting
>>
>>54301585
One of the things I particularly dislike about the SCE is how half of their names sound like they could be pasted as-is onto a chapter of Space Marines and fit right in.
>>
File: 8406541227_1a0ee054a9_b.png (1MB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8406541227_1a0ee054a9_b.png
1MB, 681x1024px
Is there anyone with a screaming bell model? I want to build the grey seer as a separate model standing on the bell like pic related. How big is the bell piece? What is the smallest round base I can use? Will it fit on 32mm or I will have o use 40mm?
>>
>>54300657
Is it a good read?
>>
So aside from shitposting, did anyone catch the Warhammer stream with the new info about Path of Glory?
>>
>>54303149
There was any aos-related info? I thought they will talk only about new 40k codices
>>
Is there somewhere I can get a quick rundown of the lore?

The transition between Fantasy and Now is so confusing to me.
>>
File: 1xl.jpg (161KB, 700x620px) Image search: [Google]
1xl.jpg
161KB, 700x620px
>>54303367
Pic related is your friend and you can find it in OP mega links
>>
>>54303518
I've no idea what link that is though.
>>
>>54303602
You must be new here, aren't you? Open the pastebin link, pick one of the "novels and battletomes" megalinks and look for this book - it's easy and you have to learn this if you want to know what's going on here
>>
>>54303518
Don't bother - it's terrible. Just think of AoS as being a mythic realm that has a very tenuous connection to the Old World. The Battletomes are worth reading, but the main sourcebook is an awful, confusing mess of random myth stories and background that has no point of reference.
>>
>>54303646
No I just don't know what book that is so I don't know what to look for.
>>
>>54303955
Anon, the title of this book is literally on the bottom of the cover - it's the first mega link - campaign books folder
>>
>>54303993
That was the title? It just looked like a crappy blurb or something.
>>
>>54295772
Pretty sure you just edited the page didn't you? That looks so obviously Fucking fake.
>>
>>54298558
we have the same dice bruh
>>
>>54303300
they announced on facebook that they'd release some PtG info. Of course everyone is this thread was too busy shitposting about Freeguild and 'leagcy' for the 400th time.

Normally I watch during work but I had some other shit to do.
>>
>>54295627
you forgot
>"f-fantasycuck"
>>
Hmm where are the regular humans? I love that faction most from memories of Fantasy.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-BE/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Factions-Guide

Is it just Stormcast for humans now?
>>
>>54300441
>fyreslayers are generic dwarves
>dark elf corsairs are generic elves
>30 years war is so overly represented it seems generic
dingus
>>
>>54296203
they're like the imperial guard of fantasy
>>
>>54305319
Freeguild are "basic" humans that follow Sigmar.
>>
>>54306500
Why aren't they in the factions list?

Getting squatted?
>>
>>54306522
No the list is only those with battletomes thus far
>>
>>54306903
That makes sense.

Sorry for newfag questions, only thing I really know about Sigmar is limited osmosis at LGS

How balanced is the game? From what I hear there are tons of broken things. Some Ork units, some ogre stone bells I think, caster shenanigans. Tons of mortal wounds.

Sounded like there are tons of stuff to abuse.
>>
>>54298530
It would be Disciples of Tzeentch if they were more thematically coherent and had more tzaangor minis.

As it stands it's Kharadron Overlords.
>>
>>54294662
It's generally why I prefer Chaos in Fantasy/AoS over 40k. Chaos characters in 40k seem to be written as either being "ram your head into the wall" retarded or evil for the sake of being evil, with a few exceptions like Ahriman.

Fantasy/AoS Chaos tends to allow more room for Chaos worshippers. At the end of the day, they're evil, but they tend to have more reasons to explain why they chose Chaos beyond simply "just because" or "X was mean to me once."
>>
>>54302032
Bump this
>>
>>54306943
It isn't terribly unbalanced unless you are solely looking at it from a pitched battle perspective. It is a Games Workshop property, so there will be power creep. But if the U.K. grand tournament is anything to go by, legacy armies are still viable for clever players.
>>
alright, I need some help with this shit.

Somewhat seasoned 40k player trying to break into fantasy with a few questions.

What's with the absolute retarded state of the armies? Why, when I look at the online sigmar store, there are factions with one or two models and nothing else

It seems like there's only four or five fully fleshed out 'sigmar' armies, a bunch of 'old fantasy armies' and then just a cluster fuck of random models that dont fit in anywhere.

Secondly, I've been looking into the Sylvaneth and a unit of Dryads costs 120 points. Seems fair enough, but i can take 10 - 30 of them, and it says nothing about costing additional points for a higher number.
Am I to understand that a player bringing in two units of 10 Dryads would be paying twice as many points as a player bringing in one unit of 30 Dryads?

and why, if the minimum is 10, does it say on the Dryad warscroll, that a unit of them is made up of 5 or more models?

Did the developers of AoS change multiple times during development? Why is everything a cluster fuck? How to break into this hobby?
>>
>>54302032
>>54307480

Asked my Skaven friend, he said you'll definitely want to go with a 40mm. 32mm would be far too crowded, according to him.
>>
>>54308610
>What's with the absolute retarded state of the armies? Why, when I look at the online sigmar store, there are factions with one or two models and nothing else
That is just some dumb thing they done for some reason. They probably plan on expanding those factions eventually, but who even knows when. So far only one has been expanded. Either way, due to the way rules in AoS works, there is not to much of a downside of mixing a lot of these smaller factions together right now, as the only armies with proper allegiance abilities are either new releases, or have some form of cross-compatibility with subfactions in the same umbrella (think Tzeetch Arcanites for example).

>It seems like there's only four or five fully fleshed out 'sigmar' armies, a bunch of 'old fantasy armies' and then just a cluster fuck of random models that dont fit in anywhere.
Generals Handbook 2 will flesh out some armies a bit more, as it will include allegiance abilities for some armies. We have no idea which ones right now, but as we already touched on, the older factions are in a bit of a silly state.

>Secondly, I've been looking into the Sylvaneth and a unit of Dryads costs 120 points. Seems fair enough, but i can take 10 - 30 of them, and it says nothing about costing additional points for a higher number.
>Am I to understand that a player bringing in two units of 10 Dryads would be paying twice as many points as a player bringing in one unit of 30 Dryads?
No, the Generals Handbook CLEARLY SAYS that you can increase a unit by its minimum, paying the cost every time. Basically, you either 120 for 10, 240 for 20 or 360 for 30, with nothing inbetween. If you only have 16 models, you pay for 20.

>and why, if the minimum is 10, does it say on the Dryad warscroll, that a unit of them is made up of 5 or more models?
Warscroll applies to all game modes, Generals Handbook minimum model count only applies to Matched play. It obviously overrides the warscroll.
>>
>>54309105
thanks for the, I realise now I could have answered most of my own questions if I just read more of the rule books.

I'm getting the vibe so far that sigmar is geared more towards casual/friendly games and 40k is geared more heavily towards list building and competitive play, would you say that's fair?

Also, I'm breaking into sigmar with a friend, who has expressed interest in sylvaneth and has already bought a box of Dryads.

What current Sigmar armies (not looking for an old fantasy army out of fear of them getting squatted) have the most support? It seems to me like only the stormcast, sylvaneth, skydwarves, seraphon and khorne followers have any real support. Am I missing any?
>>
>>54309314
Tzeentch and Beastclaw Raiders
>>
>>54309314
>40k is geared more heavily towards list building and competitive play
Oh sweet summer child, you are so innocent.

Because of Battalions and Allegiance abilities, list building has it's own depth in Age of Sigmar. It is more than capable of being competitive. Right now, there are more possibilities for list building than 40k, but obviously that is because 40k has not had their first codex release yet.

No old armies are going to get squatted. The cuts already happened. Anything that survived is not going anywhere.
The Seraphon "support" is basically non-existent. Their book is pre-generals handbook, which means it has no information for allegiance abilities.

As I said, the Generals Handbook 2 will have more allegiance stuff for dozen or so existing factions, which will make more playable. If I had to guess, they would likely be for the larger, more "complete" factions, so things like Seraphon and Fyreslayers, who had a battletome before the GH, and larger old factions like the Dispossessed, Wanderers etc
>>
Ded thred
Ded gayme
>>
Top three armies you want to see either updated, re-released, or given new releases.
>>
>>54311724
Simple dispossessed, maybe some dark elves and I dunno. Freeguild I guess. Some regular dudes would be nice
>>
>>54311724
Slaves to Darkness
Free Peoples
Deathrattle
>>
File: 1481037034853.png (421KB, 596x595px) Image search: [Google]
1481037034853.png
421KB, 596x595px
>>54311724
High Elves
>>
>>54311724
Soulblight
Free Peoples (including Bretonnian analogues)
Tomb Kings
>>
>>54311724
Gitmob
Greenskinz
Devoted of Sigmar
>>
>>54311724
Moonclan grots
Dispossessed
Deathrattle
>>
>>54311724

Dispossessed, Wanderers and Gutbusters if I had to choose just three I guess. I'd really love to see deathrattle get a full release too though.
>>
>>54285113
Were they inspired by the French?
>>
>>54287063
YOU!
I like you
>>
>>54300441
arguing about taste is AoS is literally like debating who's shit smells the least
>>
>>54301306
I have a dream that we'll all return to the goblin green/static grass base golden age
>>
>>54300441

Lol, seraphon, chaos and skaven are legacy armies you fucking pleb. Enjoy your shitty old models.
>>
File: 1500018501993.jpg (305KB, 1111x833px) Image search: [Google]
1500018501993.jpg
305KB, 1111x833px
>>54290529
I finished my Blightkings about a week or so ago. Now I am working on some 40k stuff though
>>
>>54314361

Put some bright silver highlights on the edges. The metal should be worn away and fresh there if it's been used recently/in use currently. Highlight that pinkish flesh. Clean up your base rims. Otherwise pretty good job. Nice colour scheme.
>>
>>54314361
The flesh looks a little flat on the dude front left.

Rust looks good though
>>
>>54314389
>>54314399
Thanks for the input, and I will try and highlight the rust a bit more, and the skin is highlighted, it might just be the bad lighting that makes it look darker. Plus I was getting to the point were I mainly wanted them painted instead of looking at some grey dudes
>>
>>54314420
I would also use a technical to make those open sores and the tentacles coming from his gaping stomach maw/wound wet and pussy. You know, to make them extra gross.
Just me though. They are certainly gaming quality and a hell of a lot better than mine
>>
>>54314498
>technical
Do you mean Nurgles rot or are you thinking of another technical paint? Also thanks for giving me help and pointers
>>
>>54314531
Nurgle's rot is more like a dripping snot than a puss IMO but there used to be a clear version I used once that just made stuff glisten like it was wet. It wasn't a Citadel paint so I don't know the name of the equivalent if Citadel has one
>>
>>54314569
I have 'ard coat if that's what you are referring too?
>>
>>54314589
I think so.
>>
>>54311724
Kislev
Cathay
Chaos Dwarfs
>>
>>54311724
Brayherds/warheads
Freeguild
Spidergrots
>>
>>54314781
Literally Who?
Literally Who-er?
Literally Who-est?
>>
File: 1494154690287.jpg (183KB, 777x582px) Image search: [Google]
1494154690287.jpg
183KB, 777x582px
>>54314361
I also have some daemons of any of you were curious about what else I got
>>
>>54314815
>Literally Who?
The first line of defense against the forces of Chaos. Excellent riders and archers. Rough people with a cool ice witch as their head of state
>Literally Who-er?
A mighty Empire in the Far East. Led by the wise dragon emperor and a ruling cast of vampires.
>Literally Who-est?
Industrial and wicked slaver cousins of the dawi. Sold their heritage for magic and the worship of Haszut.
>>
File: 1494155084040.jpg (121KB, 777x582px) Image search: [Google]
1494155084040.jpg
121KB, 777x582px
>>54314900
And I almost forgot, my badass sorcerer cannot be left out either!
>>
>>54314939
That is a wicked conversion.That is really cool.
>>
>>54314939
Thanks, I appreciate your compliments, and I only added 3 part to it, the head came from the Blightkings box, as well his tip of the staff. The book in his side I think is from 40k, but I thought it fits either way
>>
File: IMG_2140.jpg (113KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2140.jpg
113KB, 720x707px
>>54314970
Meant for
>>54314994
Also how did I manage to reply to own post instead of the response
>>
File: Teclis2kewl4skewl.png (99KB, 651x481px) Image search: [Google]
Teclis2kewl4skewl.png
99KB, 651x481px
>>54314994
>>54315001
Well I think it looks good. A more withered rotten look than bloated corpse is refreshing for Nurgle.
>>
>>54311724
Freeguild, Devoted of Sigmar, Anything death.
>>
>>54315045
Thank you Anon for those kind words
>>
File: why live.jpg (38KB, 445x476px) Image search: [Google]
why live.jpg
38KB, 445x476px
>>54311724
High Elves, non-pestilens skaven and something for death actually
>>
I actually dig Sylvaneth since i love nature-themed armies.

Do wish it had some centaurs/Dryads though (not the tree kind), for some variety.
>>
File: IMG_20170713_215133.jpg (4MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_215133.jpg
4MB, 4048x3036px
>>54290529
Just got these and a sunblood. Just starting to paint em. Looking good in my opinion.
>>
File: IMG_2168.jpg (46KB, 596x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2168.jpg
46KB, 596x401px
>>54315857
I would first off recommend you in thinning down your paints, and maybe watch a few of Duncan's painting videos on YouTube. We all gotta start somewhere
>>
So I've got a bunch of juan diaz daemonettes and a metal lord of slaanesh on daemon mount (the snake thing)

Can't find a painting guide on youtube, they're all for the butt-ugly plastic daemonettes. Where might I find some painting tips?
>>
File: IMG_20170713_215557.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_215557.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
>>54316214
Teach me your ways oh Duncan, the pure.
>>
>>54316683
Ugh I can't find a painting guide for space marines, all the vids are for primaris marines.

Do you see why that's really silly? Techniques and colours are completely transferrable across minis.
>>
>>54316871
Yeah but I'm autistic about the way my models look and I want some kind of guidance to not fuck it up beyond repair.
>>
>>54316214
>>54315857
Way more diplomatic than me. I was going to say it looks like they raided a bowl of cheetos.
>>
>>54314361
>Guy on the left
>"Come on guys, this isn't funny. It's raining. Why do you always make me stand guard"

I do love rusty nurgle stuff though. I am going to make the metallic on my Death Guard for 40k rusty,
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.