[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 39

File: Goyfdaddy.jpg (156KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
Goyfdaddy.jpg
156KB, 640x436px
I miss Jund edition

Playing, Haitng etc

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
First for Esper.
>>
Second for Gruul
>>
First for just bought into modern with merfolk. how dumb am i
>>
File: Image-19.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-19.png
136KB, 223x311px
Any revolt zoo players here? Buying into the deck and wanted some some insight and advice for it
>>
Unban twin plox.
>>
>>54256505
>>54256787
Black based decks,colorless decks and burn are the only viable options.
>>
Goldfishing Ponza with 2x Garruk Wildspeaker and 1x Garruk Primal Hunter and holy FUCK this is so much smoother than with Bonfires and Torch of Defiances. T2 you can drop Garruk and a Blood Moon, and pumping out 3/3 beasts is pretty fucking strong. Chandra suffers from the huge problems of 1) Flame Slash doesn't kill any creatures in GDS, 2) RR isn't the most useful mana for curving out in Ponza, Garruk's untapping 2 land is so much better because of Utopia Sprawl, and 3) a 3/3 beast every turn is probably better than a random card or Shock. And nigger don't even get me started on Primal Hunter's -3 to draw cards in a deck with a 6/6 with firebreathing.
>>
PRICE OF PROGRESS REPRINT WHEN
>>
UNBAN STONEFORGE MYSTIC AND BIRTHING POD
>>
>>54257554
It's built into the lands burn fag
>>
>>54257554

1RRR - Fuck Your Shit Up

As an additional cost to ~ sacrifice a mountain.
Destroy all non basic lands.
>>
File: 1496864110727.gif (831KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
1496864110727.gif
831KB, 142x142px
>>54257808
>mfw modern abzan decks with SFM
>>
>>54256505

Well, hope you don't run into much Affinity and Ad Naus, in general combo decks wreck your shit unless you draw nut hand with counter spells. Good match up vs Burn, GDS, Tron, and pretty much any other "fair" deck, there aren't many decks where I don't feel like I couldn't win with Merfolk. You will have to grind out matches though. Merfolk requires smart play to win with it, but if you manage its a blast.
>>
>tfw salty blue faggots get upset and ragequit a match the second they find out that your playing burn
It gives me the most wicked of boners.
>>
>>54258465
I've never had a problem with burn in any blue deck.

Well legacy maybe, but not after chills come in.
>>
>>54257808
Unban twin
>>
>>54257888
What are you cutting for sfm and the equip package?
>>
>>54258767
>>54258767
Cut 4 creatures that aren't goyf, cut 1 Lingering souls and whatever else possibly depending on how much of an equip package you want. Equip package is batterskull and whatever swords of x&y you want for the meta.
>>
Should I play oketras monument in monow soul sisters?
>>
>>54256465
Jund is dead? Haven't played Modern for 2 years...
>>
>>54256465

Fuck Jund. Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>54259121
I feel that Genesis Chamber is better, simply because it comes down faster.
Ramp in nice, but you have a really low curve already and no way to do any kind of hand replenishing.
>>
>>54259151
All the Jund Players decided to jump on the death's shadow meme wagon and are probably gonna stay there until Shadow gets b&
>>
>>54259196
Thanks for the upgrade
>>
>>54259214
Wow, so suicide zoo actually became a thing? Kek
>>
>>54259250
So with Runamap Excavator is GW hatebears going to be more legit?
>>
Whats your favorite shitbrew?

R/G Nyx Wave
>>
>>54259290
its pretty damn annoying to say the least. Starts to get downright unfair if they also run Azuza.
>>
>>54259250
No, the suicide zoo that was a deck died with the probe ban but people then figured out you could jam DS, Street wraith and Thoughtseize into decks and play a really efficient and disruptive midrangey deck with undercosted beaters. It started with Death's shadow jund which uses a deliruim package but right now it's Grixis shadow which is kinda like delver but instead of counterspells it's discard and 1 mana negate.
>>
>>54259357
Taking a look at the Grixis lists right now. They look pretty disgusting desu. I should probably sell my old Naya burn while I can still get $500+ for it.
>>
>>54259455
no, don't because Shadow is getting banned, and whenever something gets banned the safest place to be is burn.
>>
>>54259501
Wow, so it has reached Splinter Twin levels of power? That's pretty insane. I should sell my old DS foils then.
>>
>>54259501
>Shadow is getting banned
Repeating it isn't going to make it true.
>>
>>54259592
Wait for the next B&R
>>
>>54259643
>famous last words
>>
>>54259164
Jund is literally Value Town.dec though.
>>
Is limited the most cucked format?
>>
Went 3-0 at my LGS playing Dredge. They never saw it coming. How'd everyone else do tonight?
>>
>>54259567
DS is incredibly popular, but it has also failed to do much of anything at GPs. Birmingham comes a week before the next B&R, so we'll see if anything changes.
Personally I'm more worried by Eldrazi Tron. T2 TKS is way too good, but hitting E Tron would just mean more DS popularity, and that's not a good thing.

Watching Humans and Elves rise has me hoping the format will slow down in the coming months. Heavy removal and quick games don't work as well against wide decks, but this is wishful thinking admittedly.
>>
>>54259567

No, it hasn't, but faggot memers on /tg/ love to complain about whatever deck is the most popular at any given time unless it's burn. Nobody here complains about burn because everyone here plays it because they're poor and dumb. Imagine that.
>>
>>54260060
>but hitting E Tron would just mean more DS popularity
It would also let the grindier decks that prey on DS get a little breathing room depending on what they hit. Honestly DS wouldn't be as much of a problem if Trpn wasn't putting a cap on the format.

>>54260088
t. DS player
>>
>>54260008
Slow night tonight
Went 3-0 with burn beating eldrazi tron, little kid g/w, and valakut.
>>
>>54260156
>everyone who doesn't hate DS is a DS player
Two can play this game.

If you hate Tron, it means you're a bluefag control player.
>>
>>54259228
While you're playing Genesis Chamber, have you considered our lord and savior "splashing red for Norin"? It's pretty amazing.
>>
>>54260008
Mind sharing your list friendo?
Wanna get into Modern and was really wanting to do dredge.
>>
>>54260176
Nice. I played Jund, Affinity, and G/W Company. The affinity player was so salty.

>>54260266
It's pretty stock desu, but I run a collected brutality in the main. Any specific questions?
>>
>>54256465

OP, please don't use jank cards for the general, this is for competitive decks only.
>>
>>54259214
you can still play jund. Just because it's listed as tier 3 doesn't mean you can't win with it. People forget that the tier lists change all the time, and tier rankings are severely delayed behind the actual movement of the meta

tl;dr play to beat the tier decks, don't just bandwagon on what's popular
(I'm also a huge hypocrite who plays eldratron)
>>
>>54261101
just to give an example, the roanoke invitational was won by monowhite death and taxes sporting 4 leonin arbiter and 2 mirran crusaders main. You know who leonin arbiter fucks up? Fetchlands and expedition maps.
You know who can't really remove mirran crusader (except liliana) and can't swing through it?
Death's shadows.

Point being, people ahead of the curve play something of a commentary on the meta. You look at the big dogs, eldratron grixis shadow and titanshift, and you know what they all love to do? Search the library for lands
>>
File: 182.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
182.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54261101

>Telling Jund players not to bandwagon onto what's popular
>>
Vapor Snag is the best blue spell in Modern.
>>
>>54260008
Also took 3-0 as dredge.

No one had graveyard hate for some dumb reason even though there's a GDS and two UWx decks in our meta.
>>
File: 8678.jpg (21KB, 450x326px) Image search: [Google]
8678.jpg
21KB, 450x326px
>>54260008
>went 3-0 playing Abzan

Mainboarding Nihil Spellbomb is the funniest shit. Everyone always does has to read and then say "well fuck.."
>>
>>54256505

Go to bed Mikey, you still need Aether Vials.
>>
>>54261506
Same. Honestly, that's why I brought Dredge in the first place. I don't think I could pull the same trick twice tho.
>>
>>54261641
i'm surprised it's not seeing more play desu. card is really strong.
>>
>>54261641
1 or 2?
>>
>>54261803

When it's good it's backbreaking for the opponent
>>
>Playing:
Mardu Control, G/B Elves, Eldrazi Tron

>Hating:
Anything combo

>Brewing:
Either gonna buy Burn, Jund Deaths Shadow, or just focus on my commander decks for a bit
>>
>>54261865
when it's bad it still cantrips lol
>>
File: 1495242701719.jpg (15KB, 255x244px) Image search: [Google]
1495242701719.jpg
15KB, 255x244px
I got all the Eldrazis and cavernof souls. What Eldrazi flavor shouldI build? Obvious answer is E-tron but I'm too poor for Chalice. Also, is there an Eldrazi deck that ddoesn't fold to blood moon?
>>
>>54262163
Bant Eldrazi can cast Skyspawner, Displacer, and Drowner of Hope through Moon with basics or mana dorks. You gotta buy Hierarchs, though. Or just be a poorfag and play Birds.
>>
>>54262163
you can play etron without chalices, and it doesn't scoop to blood moon
You play wastes and mind stone, and people often forget that just because a blood moon is in play the game doesn't end. If they don't put you on a fast clock immediately after the blood moon you still can get to 4,5, even 7 mana before the game ends. That's TK seer, reality smasher and karn

Not to mention you can expedition map for wastes, and in a pinch you can ghost quarter your own land in response to blood moon to get a wastes
>>
>>54262349
I can personally attest to having won games with a blood moon on the table (samefag but still)
It's bad, but you just play a fair game of magic at that point, and they just burnt a card in hand or even better aggressively mulled to see the blood moon. I've seen it all and I have definitely beaten those players
>>
Why do people hate Burn so much. Its like the fairest top tier deck in Modern.
>doesnt use fast mana, will never play an Eidolon turn 1 or something
>completely interactable with, kill the creatures, discard their spells, get a fast clock out and kill them
>the best card in the deck is either Lightning Bolt, Goblin Guide, or Eidolon, which in comparison to one mana 5/5s that dodge Push, turn 2 4/4s that exile a card from your hand and 5/5s with Trample, Haste and require a 2 for 1 to remove it doesnt seem that busted.
>your sideboard cards actually do something in the matchup, if you can gain life you are in a good spot, not like playing against Eldrazi Tron and having sideboard cards that do nothing or are way too slow
>>
>>54262443
People think it's braindead and plays itself and doesn't reward skill. There's a million reasons people will say they hate burn that boils down to "I don't like it".

These people are bad and should just admit that they don't like a deck instead of making up reasons why it's not fun or unfair.
>>
>>54261474
>opponent takes lethal next turn
>casts worship with creatures on board
>topdeck vapor snag to win

I agree anon
>>
>>54262443
>hate it
There's several things you may mean by this
>It's disliked, noone wants to play it
I think it's great, it's just that there are some very good sideboard cards against it
>People run dedicated sideboard slots against it
Well if they ever forget, even for a moment, burn can rise again until they remember at the next tournament
>It's generally trash talked
Well yeah, it's a relatively inexpensive modern deck many players use to get a feel for the meta until they decide to play something else
>people think it's ban worthy
I don't think anyone calls burn "unfair," or "overpowered," although turn 2 on the draw staring down 3 goblin guides can feel a bit oppressive
>>
>>54262496
I mean its not the most skill intensive deck, but that doesnt even matter. I go to events to compete and win, not to show off my intellect. I play it every Friday and do well with it and to me thats all that matters. I enjoy the deck, enjoy the cards, and have pimped it out quite a bit so it'll always be my first pick for Modern events.
>>
>>54262443
I don't hate Burn, and I play Esper Control without Spell Snare and meme maindeck Leylines so I lose to it all the time.

The only decks in Modern I really "hate" are the Eldrazi ones. They're not unbeatable, but TKS and Smasher are dumb pushed cards that should never have been printed.
>>
>>54262556
I have been playing it for a year and a half usually every Friday, occasionally ill play something else but 98% of FNMs I play Burn. I feel comfortable playing it and generally always knowing what the play is. And yeah the best draw is the triple Guide, triple Spear, or Guide/Spear into Eidolon, it can feel hard to beat those.
>>
>>54262570
Thats the nice thing about it, its so fair, literally any kill spell kills the creatures in the deck. Unlike Gurmag, Reality Smasher, Endbringer and Tasigur which can leave decks floundering looking for the right removal spell.
>>
>>54262570
Also why no Spell Snare? Just less targets nowadays?
>>
>>54262676
There's fewer targets, less need for a cheap counter with Fatal Push in the deck, and there's a lot of things you need to answer that need a Logic Knot or Negate. Planeswalkers, Blood Moon, lots of combos, Ensnaring Bridge, CoCo/Chord, etc.

I do miss them in certain MUs, but in general the deck is way more consistent without them and with 4-5 CMC two counters instead.
>>
>>54262608
do you win a lot? What % would you give?
Do you take many 1st places?

To me the problem with burn, which I have played quite a bit though it has fallen from my #1 favorite deck spot, is that it's a bit of a roulette wheel deck. I definitely think there's skill involved, but with no top end if you get mana flooded well, that's just it for you.
People can play some pretty awesome sideboard cards that are hard to beat, namely timely reinforcements, wurmcoil engine, leyline of sanctity, and basically any lifegain. And while it's totally possible to deflecting palm or path through a wurmcoil, to destructive revelry a leyline or a chalice on 1...
Sometimes you just don't get there. I think you see sometimes wildly successful burn players reach the top 8 of big tournaments, not because it's the best deck ever but because 1 they caught a lot of good players off guard and 2 the law of averages meant that of all the people who brought burn, at least one of them would have good, consistent hands or at least decent mulligans all day.

That's my take on it
>>
>>54262648
>floundering looking for the right removal spell
I'm going to be fair for one second. If Push hadn't been printed, folks would still be running 2-3 Dismembers. They're locked into the "Push the endgame" mindset instead of thinking about what creatures are being played.

It's not unlike the scenario in anon's post at >>54261180
Mirran Crusader is over performing right now because DS is widespread, while Gurmag/Tasigur/etc. are over performing because Push is widespread.
>>
>>54262727
>>54262727
I top 8 probably 3 out of every 5 FNMs. Id rank myself as a C+ player because I dont like to be cocky, but with A+ players being LSV, Travis Woo, Yuuya Watanabe and so on I dont think being a C+ is bad and its a good thing because theres more room for improvement. I should start keeping track of my percentages every night and analyze more data so unfortunately I dont have a % of wins. I should mention my store is very competitive, I am always seeing the best decks like GDS right now, Eldrazi Tron, Titanshift, Affinity, and so on, and id say I do favorably against these players who I would also consider to be good, some worse then I am, but also some players I would say are better then me which is nice because it pushes me to get better. My best achievment outside of winning a lot of FNMs, is top 32ing an SCG event, I think it was an open iirc. Anyways im excited for this seasons Modern events, some PPTQs coming up which I will definitely be participating in and trying my hardest to win.
>>
>>54262878
>tips fedora
>>
>>54262900
Sounds like you're not autistic enough for Magic my man.
>>
File: Mindslaver.jpg (293KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
Mindslaver.jpg
293KB, 600x476px
who /utron/ here

>>54262900
>guy likes to play magic and wants to improve
>respond with a shitty meme
>>
>>54262916
Good point. I only played it in middle school and occasionally drop by mtg generals to shitpost.
>>54262932
I agree, it was shitty.
>>
>>54262900
What about this post was tips fedora? Im just answering the guys question in his post. Like I said I dont like to come off cocky, I dont think im amazing or some god tier player who never makes mistakes. I enjoy practicing, I enjoy playing, and I take responsibility for my mistakes in game and try to avoid repeating them. My favorite form of practice is to watch the pros stream Burn on Channel Fireball, I watch the video and at the beginning of the turn I pause the vid and write down what I would do in the situation and then compare it to what they end up doing, we are usually on the same page and when we arent I look at and analyze the pros of the decision they made. Its a great way to pick up some advice.
>>
File: Imag31e.ashx.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Imag31e.ashx.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54262878
top 8 in 3 of 5 fnms is nothing to shake a stick at anon.
Burn is definitely alive and well it seems. I just like to feel in control of my destiny, something that I don't feel with burn as much as playing other strategies (winning or losing with burn feels like it's in the hands of whether my opponent draws hate in time, or dependent on my not topdecking land.)
It might not be for me, but that doesn't mean I can stop respecting burn as an archetype or sleep on sideboarding against it

And anyone saying it's a dumb, no-skill deck is an idiot. There are lots of optimization decisions, mulligan decisions, lines of play. It's far from linear. It's just a more intuitive, -have-to-guess-from-the-gut, play to your outs kind of experience that more control oriented players hate.

Carry on, noble FNM burn warrior
>>
>>54262956
>tips fedora
>>
>>54262965
Yeah, im hoping to top 8 the upcoming PPTQs and see if my practice has paid off. And yeah Burn can kinda feel like you arent in control, I dont mind this though.
Ill continue playing the deck come Friday night
>>
>>54262993
I dont know whats fedora about wanting to improve but ok. I mean isnt that why we play any game or sport? Its to get better and have fun doing that.
>>
Why are Humans and Elves seeing increases in play? Is it because they're so wide and specific removal packages like Fatal Push can't deal with them well?
>>
>>54263034
It's just bad shitposting, anon. Godspeed on your magic journey.
>>
>>54260358
How many Loams, neonates, and Thugs do you run?
How often does the mainboard brutality help? I have two in the sideboard and often find I just dredge them or never see them when I side them in.
>>
>>54262932
we /mindslaverlock/ now
>>
I'm building a budget burn deck, what other deck should I build alongside it that can compete relatively evenly with it?
I was thinking W/B aristocrats just because that's another budget deck on goldfish that looks fun to play.
>>
>>54263438
Grixis death's shadow or death's shadow jund should keep up nicely, maybe try esper shadow.
>>
>>54263438
I saw a guy with about 400 rating (the lowest I'd ever seen) playing WB Aristocrats on Xmage the other day.

I lost to him 2-1 with the mono-white humans brew I join casual tables with.
>>
>>54263677
Do you have a good starting budget decklist for those archetypes? It seems hard to pick apart the finished ones because so many of the pieces are expensive.
>>
>>54263698
Whats a reasonable rating on xmage? I just hit 1400 with merfolk but I have no idea how rating scales
>>
>>54263914
If you have anything less that the starting 800 you're a total scrub and should probably KYS. 1100-1300 is average, 1400-1500 is bretty good, 1600+ is like top 15 on the server. You gain/lose more rating per game based on the difference in rating with your opponent. Losing to a noob can really fuck you up if your rating is high.

I have ~1580 on woogerworks and ~1350 on xmage.de
>>
>>54263743
I wouldn't try for a budget grixis shadow m8, it can't really be picked apart in a traditional sense.
>>
>>54264079
That's what I thought, any decent decks that can be picked apart like burn?
>>
>>54264099
Monogreen stompy maybe? There's not a lot of budget decks that are super effective.
>>
>>54264166
>>54264099
Stompy is always a solid option.

Aspect of the hydra is an underrated payoff card and you have numerous options that all cost less than a set of Pushes

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/556919-stompy

Go through the casual lists for decent options, you can mix and match a lot in that deck so long as the card is aggressive.
>>
>>54264288
I have a stompy list here, as a decent example. The sideboard still needs a good chunk of work, and is kinda just a stand-in for now.

// 60 Maindeck
// 26 Creature
4 Experiment One
4 Strangleroot Geist
4 Avatar of the Resolute
4 Leatherback Baloth
4 Dryad Militant
4 Narnam Renegade
2 Scavenging Ooze

// 4 Enchantment
4 Rancor

// 9 Instant
2 Aspect of Hydra
4 Vines of Vastwood
3 Blossoming Defense

// 21 Land
2 Treetop Village
19 Forest

// 15 Sideboard
// 1 Creature
SB: 1 Thrun, the Last Troll

// 4 Enchantment
SB: 2 Choke
SB: 2 Root Maze

// 8 Instant
SB: 3 Dismember
SB: 2 Feed the Clan
SB: 3 Natural State

// 2 Sorcery
SB: 2 Creeping Corrosion

Hydra is nice, but the potential for your opponent to simply pop the creature it's on is pretty high. The value from hexproof on Vines and Blossoming Defense is huge in a deck like this.
>>
File: AspectofHydra.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
AspectofHydra.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54264383
>>54264288
>>54264166
>>54264099

got really high and decided to shitbrew a budget stompy list for u, here it is (the meme name is hydra scales, shoutouts to desolator)

1 Bow of Nylea
4 Experiment One
4 Avatar of the Resolute
4 Strangleroot Geist
4 Predator Ooze
2 Simic Initiate
2 Servant of the Scale
4 Narnam Renegade

4 Hardened Scales
4 Aspect of Hydra
2 Vines of Vastwood
2 Rancor
1 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar

20 Forest
2 Treetop Village

Llanowar Reborn or Oran-Rief the Vastwood could be sweet options as well. With Narnams you really want fetches, but the card is still insane without them. Something like Bond Beetle could fill a slot or two if you need more budget stuff.
>>
hey newfag here

gonna start playing magic

I went through duels. Played some online stuff.

Went with mono black control. Seemed fun, haven't really tried other shit.

Now if I were to go play at my LGS, what kinda deck should I build so I can both learn and not bore the other players.

Basically pricewise, something too expensive would made me a poser retard (or even beat people with an OP deck), but I don't want to intentionally make a pile of garbage.

How much is a reasonable amount to spend on a deck for learning the game and having some fun? Mono black control. >100$ i'm guessing?
>>
>>54264788
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/decks/budget/modern#paper
Heres a good list of budget modern decks. Most are around $90. Take a look at a few and if you fancy any watch someone play it online, or go ahead and build it yourself.
>>
>>54264788
Two things. The first is that most "cheap" decks end up being fairly weak. You can grab some wins, and some are decently consistent, but for the most part the old adage "you get what you pay for" rings true. That being said, something like >>54264383 or monored burn is fairly cheap and can perform pretty well in the right hands.

The second is that if you're going to play modern, forget about playing control. As an archtype it is extremely weak in the format, and you're better off looking at more tempo based strategies if you like high levels of interaction.

Overall, do your research and remember that there's no shame in netdecking. By understanding what's good and why it's good, it'll help you when/if you eventually take the leap into brewing your own stuff, or modifying what's out there already.
>>
>>54257011
And Titanshift. Also ALL OF THOSE NONBLACK, COLORED T2 DECKS
>>
>54256505
Not dumb at all. I've been playing Mono U fish for a couple years and I've never failed to place top 8 at events I've been to.
>>
>>54264827

Yeah that's where i've been poking around

>>54264846

Yeah i'm thinking I might just go with standard for now. At least to begin with, seems like a lower cost to enter. Even if the cards end up being worthless later on. Guess I can transition to modern if I end up really enjoying the game.
>>
>>54262932
I abandoned all pretenses of finishing my Utron build a while back. Now to sell it for scrap and turn a hueg profit.
>>
File: monoredstorm.png (637KB, 685x529px) Image search: [Google]
monoredstorm.png
637KB, 685x529px
hot meme decks incoming

>inb4 bluefags
>>
>>54265072
Holy shit that is some serious jank.
>>
>>54265072
So how the fuck do you pilot this? I'm trying to solitaire in Cockatrice but I'm at a loss.
>>
>>54262956
tips fedora
>>
>>54265169
plan A is to get ascension online. plan B is to accrue a large past in flames, preferably with locket out, then cast a big grapeshot/empty. plan C is rush out empty the warrens or blood moon and hope it's enough. plan D is simian spirit beatz.
>>
>>54265217
Well, it's "something." I sort of like it but don't really see it doing well. I wish Modern had better rituals.
>>
>>54265072
Curious, does locket make faithless looting's flashback cost 1R if it is the only one in your yard?
>>
>>54265336
No. I looked that up and you need another in your yard. This deck is full of weird lines of play that are sort of fucked up to think about, like Pyromancer Acsension Flashback interactions and costing things off of various numerical combinations of lockets and copies in graveyards.
>>
Ban Gurmag Angler desu senpai. A 1 mana 5/5 with very little downside laughs in the face of formerly banned cards.
>>
>>54265072
I don't see how this deck wins. Your draw power is piss weak compared to regular Storm.
>>
>>54265389
They'll just run 4 tasigurs
>>
>>54265441
That not only means they're running less delve creatures than they currently are, but now they have to deal with never having more than one down at any one time because of the legendary rule. No more staring down 2 Anglers and a Tasigur.
>>
>>54256465
>playing
Mono white and G/W hatebears.
>hating
This polarizing meta. We really need better ways to interact with discard spells and lands.
>>
>>54265462
If you're referring to GDS they only run 4 delve creatures currently. 2 angler 2 tasigur is standard across pretty much every deck that's placed competitively. Could you at least look up the deck you're advocating for banning?
>>
File: thepowerofdraw3.png (199KB, 785x824px) Image search: [Google]
thepowerofdraw3.png
199KB, 785x824px
>>54265411
>>
>>54265652
for context, on turn 2 the hand was ritual, manamorph, empty, and pyromancer. cast manamorphose and drew another ritual, then made eight 1/1s (v i n t a g e l e v e l)
>>
>>54265693
You need a Goblin King to lead your army of Jank
>>
Can I get help on building a SB with affinity for my lgs.

Most played against:
abzan company and counter company
Gifts storm
Others:
Grixis death shadow
UW control
Eldrazi tron
Ad nausem
Abzan
>>
>>54263941

Speaking of Xmage, I just tried it for the first time, is there any way to make the UI less garbage? I mean. . . People shit on MTGO but it's leauges better than xmage. I just want to recreate as close to MTGO UI as possible.
>>
>>54265389
Ban tarmogoyf, ban tasigur, ban thoughtknot seer, ban reality smasher.

Just ban everything except shadowborn apostel and swamps.
>>
>>54264788
If you're going to play modern, then remember that no decks are "OP" and that fun is a zero sum game in magic.
>>
File: succ.png (2MB, 1417x594px) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
2MB, 1417x594px
>>54265072
You are like baby.
watch this
>>
>>54265072
How do you even play a Storm deck without Storm Crow?
>>
So how do you guys feel about wizards hiding meta game results?
>>
>>54267372
I think people are slightly over reacting over the loss of data, for modern at least. Unless a deck is over 20% meta game, you should be able to work meta game percentages if you look at the data over a significant period.
I think the bigger issue is that this is a sign that instead of recognizing that their standard design has been dogshit and they need to improve, they're just trying to obscure the fact instead.
>>
>>54267372
Feels like a cop out for a shitty standard.

Any Counters Company pilots here? Can you give me a quick rundown on siding, particularly vs Grixis Shadow and Eldrazi Tron?
>>
guys Do you know legacy community?
>>
>>54263074
I run 3 loams. I think 4 is optimal, but you'll always see one with 3. Nenonate 4 and thug 3 (I think). I haven't played much of the deck, but collected brutality was useful against affinity. It just a card that's always useful and can get your engine going. Personally I can see why some decks run 3 main board.
>>
>>54256787
I have revolt zoo sleeved up and ready, what kind of advice do you need?
>>
>>54257469
What's your list? Fellow Ponzafag here.
>>
>>54268566
When to mull, what I'm looking for in an opening hand, general lines of play, etc.
Would also like to know the most damage you've done in a turn, if you don't mind
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-11-13-01-50.png (300KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-11-13-01-50.png
300KB, 1080x1920px
>see chalice of the void's price

So glad I brought them when I was shit player. If only I still had my veldalken shackles.
>>
>>54268699
As always mulls depend on the matchup, but the idea is to vomit most or all of your hand by the end of turn 2 or 3. Good hands generally hold 1-3 one mana creatures and at least 1-2 of your Herbalists/BTEs which could also be Atarka's. God hand territory involves being able to drop t1 creature t2 Herb/BTE into 2 creatures t3 something bushwacker or something like t1 creature t2 various Herb/BTEs into finally surged bushwacker.

I didn't get to play a lot with the deck yet, but the fastest high damage turn I did was 11 on turn 2 then reaching 19 turn 3 with an empty hand, which led my GW tron playing opponent to concede the game.

Normally you need to keep your creatures free from unprofitable blockers and use bolts and atarka's +1/+1s to maximize a free path to your beaters. Remind important interactions such as Atarka's +1+1 and REACH which many people forget, I once won a game because I purposely left my white mana tapped so my opp wouldn't suspect a Deflecting Palm and then atarka'd into nolife and +1+1 reach, blocking his Griselbrand with my deathtouched Narnan Renegade.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-06-17-bluered-delver/

Critique my deck please. I don´t know how I can make it better without going jeskai/esper.
>>
>>54269051
By playing grixis deaths shadow. :^)

Isn't harvest pyre kind of a non-bo with snapcasters and the drake? You should use some lightning bolts instead, atleast one or two.
>>
>>54269103
It´s a bit of a non-bo for sure but its been quite good in testing, usually I exile non-spells like cracked fetches etc with it.

I might switch it for another cryptic or something like Glimmer of genius.
>>
>>54269051
Cryptic is way too expensive for this deck, cut them for more electrolyzes or remand.
>>
File: Phyrexian-Crusader-MtG-Art.jpg (111KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian-Crusader-MtG-Art.jpg
111KB, 1000x647px
I'm doing BG infect, any suggestions?
Currently I'm looking at:

Lands (22)
4x BG shock
4x BG fetch
4x some other BG land (maybe hand lands or something)
4x Inkmoth Nexus (missing 3 atm)
4x Swamp
2x Forest

Creatures (16)
4x Phyrexian Crusader (this guy is the reason I'm doing infect so he stays)
4x Glistener Elf
4x Plague Stinger*
3x Hand of the Praetors
1x Skittles

instants/enchantments (20)
2x Rancor
4x Might of Old Korosa
4x Blossoming Defense
4x Vines of Vastwood*
4x Fatal Push*
4x Mutagenic Growth

2x Open spots

*<- cards I've yet to aquire

>do I keep hand of the Praetors as a 3 of or go down to 2?
>should I put more direct removal in the last few slots?
>plague myr spicy tech y/n?
Suggestions?
>>
>>54264753
Still hate what passes for "Stompy" in Modern. Running Stompy in Legacy means you're running a deck that gets you ahead of the curve while putting your opponent behind the curve, ideally with T1 Chalice on 1 or a T2 Trinisphere into a T3/T4 evasive beatstick.

T1 Chalice isn't possible without SSG which hurts, but I don't think the principle is unsound. It's just I never see it built that way because received wisdom is that Modern Stompy is and must be mono-G budget builds.
>>
>>54269325
Become immense and thoughtseize. I like that you use skittles because I love that card but he and hand of the praetors seem a bit slow.

Also you might want to consider apostels blessing.
>>
File: IMG_0527.jpg (124KB, 608x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.jpg
124KB, 608x765px
>>54256465
Someone explain to me why Finks is bad mainboard in Jund.

Also help.
>upgrading to new Chandra
>don't know what to cut for 4x Push
>probably changing Kozilek to Thoughtsieze ratio
>probably going back up to 4x Lili
>>
File: roe-92-unified-will.jpg (167KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
roe-92-unified-will.jpg
167KB, 672x936px
>>54269051

Add remand, remove cryptic, consider forked bolt

drop some mana leak for pic related, with young pyro you're often going to have more creatures on the field
>>
>>54269445
yeah I agree on hand and skittles, they want to play a different game than the rest of the deck. I can't give up skittles though, I always want my decks to have a "big finish" option in there if the time comes.

maybe I should remove hand of the praetors entirely and run 3x thoughtsieze and 2x become immense?

apostles' blessing has the problem of not working with the crusader since he's pro-white.
>>
>>54269325

Get handrape, 3 hand of the praetors might be slow as >>54269445 said

consider sideboarding heroic intervention against boardwipes
>>
>>54269051
I've been messing around with a similar list. You're never going to cast Cryptic. Consider V Clique. I don't like Harvest Pyre at all, if you want scaling creature removal use Snow basics and run Skred. It works against trying to Snapcaster things back or trying to buff Drake.

Remand is a good card.
>>
>>54268839

I certainly miss magic being affordable enough to brew.
>>
File: 131.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
Why was this card banned? It doesn't seem that powerful honestly, did it have a degenerate interaction with some other card?
>>
>>54269926

check grove of the burnwillows
>>
>>54269038
Damn anon that's exactly what I needed, thanks so much.
>>
>>54269926
Alongside grove of the burnwillows, it creates a situation where you can essentially lock someone out from playing creatures with a low P/T for the rest of the game, and not being able to play creatures is badwrongfun. Only Blue and black are allowed to shit all over you and prevent you from playing cards.

Personally I wish they would unban it and ban Grove instead, but I'm only saying that because I'm a salty burnfag who got pounded by soulsisters the other day.
>>
>>54269503
>>54269709
I own a playset of Remand but I dont really think it´s that good.

If I use it should I do something like 2x leak and 2x remand?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 183x275px
>>54269051
What do you do against a resolved reality smashed or tasigur with no hard removal?
>>
>>54270412
Why don't you like Remand? Young Peezy loves a tempo spell that replaces itself. Enigma Drake loves when you get spells in your graveyard. Snappy loves snapping back remand for awesome tempo swings. What's not to love?
>>
>>54270598
bitch at your opponent for net decking.
>>
>>54270412

It's really good. Tempo spell + cantrip for 1B.

>>54270598

I don't know about reality smasher, but vapor snag fucks with delve creatures a lot. Maybe he should add a couple more
>>
>>54270611
>>54270632
Sure but wouldnt Mana-leak or Cryptic be better since it hardcounters the threat?

Is the cantrip effect really that good?
>>
>>54270699
Cryptic is too slow for your deck.
>>
File: 13.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Think this will have any applications in Modern?
>>
>>54270699

mana leak is going to be useless lategame if they have disposable mana. Remand at least draws you a card if they end up recasting whatever it is you countered
>>
>>54270772
Against the mythical tier 1 white creature?
>>
>>54270772
There are far less limited 1cmc removal spells in the format, so no. This card will absolutely not see play.
>>
File: 68.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>54270772
That one is shit. They're all varying degrees of awful.

This one is the best one but it's fringe playable at best.
>>
File: 512345437.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
512345437.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>54270699
This idiot is adamant about playing cryptic command in a fucking delver deck
>>
File: IMG_7754.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7754.png
132KB, 223x311px
This thing gonna see any play in modern?
>>
>>54271115
No, not tier 1 at least. Extremely overhyped
>>
>>54271115

Probably. It gets back snapcaster, it gets back DS. At least fringe play, I expect more
>>
>>54270400
Doesnt seem very salty. Any time youre playing burn and you lose against lifegain you feel the need for your answers, its just that lands and planeswalkers are divine untouchables and wotc would rather see a format die than ban a planeswalker or land.
>>
>>54271115
Playable in both DSJ and GDS. BB get back snapcaster and DS or 1BR get a hasty DS out of nowhere is pretty good. I agree with LSV's assumption that this will really put GDS over the top.
>>
>>54271182
>wotc would rather see a format die than ban a planeswalker
he posts in the general of the only format that has a planeswalker banned
>>
>>54270598
I keep throwing Bolts at my opponent until I win
>>
File: Tombstalker.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tombstalker.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>54265389
You are like little babby.
Watch this.

>pays BB for a 5/5 with flying
>>
>>54271242
The only format without tournamnet coverage thats being played and with a land banned. Theres a reason wotc wants to remove this format.
>>
>>54270598
>resolved
Not happening when I'm countering everything and bolt snap bolting for 20.
>>
File: 1345694411301.jpg (213KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
1345694411301.jpg
213KB, 510x755px
>>54265501
>Could you at least look up the deck you're advocating for banning?

Anon, he is advocating for a ban. Of course he is shitposting.
>>
>>54271115
I will test two in grixis deaths shadow, seems sweet.
>>
>>54270772
Well if gideon tribal becomes popular..
>>
File: 1489274371188.gif (136KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489274371188.gif
136KB, 533x300px
>>54270400
Great, now I am imagining Soul Sisters lewdly abusing Swiftspear and Eidolon

I wish I was a drawfag
>>
>>54269437
How do you feel about Modern """Nic Fit"""

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/deck-creation-modern/597532-nic-fit
>>
File: 1499579501482.gif (220KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499579501482.gif
220KB, 250x250px
>>54271712

>Modern nic fit

I'm going to open that link but I expect dissapointment
>>
>>54271712
>run Gaze of Granite because it's like Pernicious Deed and that's what nic fit runs
>>
>>54271835
The funny thing is that he never touched the card at a GPT for Atlantic City.

It feels like a very undertested list.
>>
>>54271712
this overlaps greatly with Ponza, especially the g-heavy version from anon's >>54257469

I wonder if a RGB mix is possible.
>>
>>54262932
I play utron it's my tier 3.5 baby.
I played it in a tournament recently and i feel like it's missing some critical component to really make it sing
>>
>>54272368
The thing is that it's seriously slow in this environment and is a bit too fragile in general. I want it to work as well, but it seems like a pipe dream.
>>
Ok /tg/ I need something fun to play at SCG Syracuse.

Used to play twin, but nothing gives me the joy that deck once did.
>>
>>54271712
Not totally sold. It feels like bigger GBx sacrificing some interaction for mid-game ramp, rather than ramping early into better/more powerful interaction if you follow me. Which isn't an invalid concept, it just doesn't feel good against a field of decks that are all trying to outpace Tron.

>>54272291
Going BGr seems iffy to me. I don't like "improving" a deck by splitting your focus AND making it more vulnerable to Moon in the process.
>>
File: Mimics.jpg (368KB, 1548x440px) Image search: [Google]
Mimics.jpg
368KB, 1548x440px
I stumbled across these, didnt realize they were a cycle
are any of these modern playable?
has anyone tried brewing around them?
>>
File: 1485046585271.jpg (28KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485046585271.jpg
28KB, 480x640px
>>54271712
>Nic Fit without GSZ or Veteran Explorer + Cabal Therapy
>>
>>54272884
yeah people brew around nightsky mimic in pauper. They're not even close to modern playable though
>>
Next ban announcement is crucial for this format to be even playable anymore. If they fuck it up, me as a long time Modern player might not even play anymore. And no I dont play Deaths Shadow.
What needs to be banned is something from Shadow and please for the love of fucking god something banned from Eldrazi Tron. I will sacrifice Shadow but something has to be done to Eldrazi Tron.
>>
>>54272930
>They're not even close to modern playable though
the g/b one I thought would be good for blocking goyfs and tasigur on account of the wither
idk how many g/b instant spells are good enough though
>>
>BWu Blink with Tidehollow Sculler, Wasteland Strangler, and Spell Queller
Thoughts? Exile all things, eat them with Strangler, then blink for value.
>>
>>54272965
Decay, I guess.
>>
>>54272613
Knightfall is really fun, not too difficult to pilot, tools against DS and accidently winning is great.

>>54272884
>>54272930
Nightsky Mimic is awesome in pauper.
>>
Deaths Shadow is banned
Eldrazi Temple is banned
Expedition Map is banned
>>
>>54273013
>blink for value
Except you're not blinking for value; you're blinking for parity. You're using a blink card (presumably more than just Resto Angel) to steal a card in a highly conditional best-case-scenario manner that is not the most efficient thing you could be doing at that level of mana.

This is a format where the 1-for-1s are unconditional and most other playable cards generate 2-for-1s regularly.
>>
File: 1494834533563.jpg (48KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
1494834533563.jpg
48KB, 600x593px
>>54273079
>Thus the perfect format is born
>>
>>54273079
>Expedition Map
Ok?? In any case, when's the next banlist update?
>>
What if just Stubborn Denial was banned? Could that be the bare minimum to get by?
>>
>>54273125
August 28 iirc.
>>54273108
Fair. I just want Blink shenanigans to be good again, as it stands there aren't enough worthwhile targets that aren't Snapcaster.
>>
>>54273155
What if nothing was banned?
>>
>>54273117
>>54273125
If you ask most Tron players what a great hand is its two pieces of Tron and Expedition Map. Stirrings is ok but it requires a Star or Sphere and even then might not find the piece and Sylvan Scrying is again a little less efficient, as it requires a Star/Sphere or a turn 4 Tron because you play a Forest.
>>
>>54273169
Then nothing happens. The format remains Tron, decks that can race against Tron, and the best single combo deck that doesn't care about Tron. Any deck that's not one of those remains T2 or worse, because to be a "good" deck these days you HAVE to deal with the elephant in the room somehow.
>>
>>54273155
DS isn't really the problem, the problem is the grindier decks that prey on it are kept out by Etron and to a lesser extent Gx tron although Gx tron is pretty dead at the moment. Most of the problems in the format can be traced back to Tron desu
>>
ban stirrings instead of map imo

let U tron players live
>>
>>54273218
BAN EVERY TRON LAND
>>
>>54273162
>I just want Blink shenanigans to be good again
Well that's going to be a problem because if you could grant Magic players one wish they would ask for foils that don't bend or pimpin' deck boxes instead of something that would improve the state of the game like reprints or an Astral Slide reprint for Modern/Standard
>>
>>54273234
heaps of people wanted an Astral Slide reprint when cycling was announced for amonkhet. Wizards just hates fun.
>>
>>54273218
>tfw if the format was slowed down significantly UTron might be slightly viable
>>
>>54273204
This. The format is extremely unhealthy atm. My favorite time to be playing Modern was when Ancestral Visions and Sword were unbanned and Eye of Ugin was banned. Format slowed down, lots of fair decks, lots of turn 1 Ancestral Visions.>inb4 bluefag
I have never played an Island in Modern ever
>>
>>54273234
>Astral Slide
y u do dis. So much fun WotC decided I can't be allowed to have.
>>
>>54270929
>her controller
Was that necessary? What's wrong with its?
>>
>>54273229
Its come down to this. Wizards has to do something or this format will be up in flames. Its either ban a significant card from Tron like the Eldrazi Temple, Expedition Map, or they outright kill it with the three Urza lands being banned.
>>
>>54273229
I'm gonna mindslaver lock you whether you like it or not

>>54273256
It's always been on the outside fringe of viability and that just hurts my soul
>>
>>54273274
the her specifically refers to a liliana planeswalker, not a player who controls the card
>>
Any GS bros hoping the deck does shitty so nothing gets banned? I played delver for years and when the colors finally get good everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Is this how tier 1 players feel like all the time? Do affinity players have nightmares mox opal being banned every night?
>>
>>54273215
>Most of the problems in the format can be traced back to Tron desu
I think we can narrow it down to just the Eldrazi. Back when Tron only had 4 Karn, 4 Wurmcoil and a single Emrakul it wasn't as oppressive, but they got all kinds of tools from BFZ and Oath.
>>
>>54273274
Flavor consistency. With neowalkers you're calling in a favor from another Planeswalker, so rather than a manifestation of a creature that you've summoned it's an actual *character*.

Supposedly.
>>
>>54273346
Don't try to escape your fate tronfag. You're the cancer.
>>
Finally got my second Cavern of Souls for my Merfolk deck. Even if it's tier 3 I really enjoy playing it.
>>
>4 Sylvan Caryatid
>4 Geist of Saint Traft
>1 Thrun, the Last Troll
>1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
>3 Commune with the Gods
>3 Worship
Core of a deck I've basically cobbled together. Caryatid is in there instead of a 1cmc dork because I'd rather have T3 Worship online with just a dork than a T3 Geist swing, and I'd rather blank removal entirely than ramp T2.

Thoughts for where to go to make this viable at least at FNM?
>>
>>54272426
Repeal has been overperforming i feel like if i had another version of it (especially over the woefully underperforming condescend) it would do a lot better.
It also needs a more consistent plan. Hoping you draw correctly isnt the best control plan when the whole control archetype is about inevitability.
>>
>>54273335
I know. But the card doesn't have a fucking gender its a piece of cardboard. They could have put "its controller"
>>
>>54273574
When I play I usually refer to creature or planeswalker cards as he or she depending on what's depicted in the art. A lot of people do the same. With creature cards they usually write "it", but >>54273350 has a good argument for why they'd be more specific when referring to walkers.
>>
>>54273475
The hexproof worship plan doesn't really work Because pretty much every deck has a way to deal with it.
>>
>>54273574
Planeswalkers are "special" in that all text refers to them by gender. They're the sole exception to the rule. In contrast, legendary creatures are neuter, even when obviously male or female, except for the Origins flipwalkers, who are gendered even on their creature side.

If you want to bitch about Wizard's style choices, bitch about "his or her" and not the singular "they", despite the fact that singular they would save a shitton of text space on several cards.
>>
Unban Cloudpost and the red rituals.
>>
>>54273843
>unbanning cloudpost
>wanting UberTron
>>
>>54273889
Unban cloudpost and reprint Candelabra of Tawnos.
>>
>>54273943
>xPost in Modern
FUND IT
>>
>>54273346
Tron's existence warps the format. You go faster than tron or more unfair than tron. No other deck changes how other decks need to be constructed like tron.
>>
>>54273996
Tron does place a speed limit on the format, but Jund, Junk, and UWR Midrange were very successful for years before the new Eldrazi were printed. Now those decks are mostly dead and only Death's Shadow or UW Control with 4 Spreading Seas and 4 Ghost Quarter can compete.
>>
>>54259592
they printed Claim // Fame specifically to ban something out of it. it's hard to believe it wouldn't be shadow.
>>
>>54274037
And all of those decks lost 9/1 to tron. A deck countering a strategy is fine, it's clearly what Wizards likes to see in a format, but when the list of decks that simply cannot compete is: everything slower, there is a problem.

Soul Sisters countering all-in aggro decks with a damage ceiling? That's fine. Soul Sisters countering any deck that can't outgrind it is not.

Do you see what I mean?
>>
The biggest issue with DS is that it's fun to play
>>
I want to hit things with Angel tokens and Sigil of the Empty Throne is a 5 mana enchantment that does nothing on ETB. So what is currently the best alternative?
>>
>>54274467
Geist of Saint Traft.
>>
>>54274467
Stick a copy of Entreat the Angels in UWx Control for shits and giggles.
>>
>>54274467
Bant turbofog with Luminarch Ascension as a wincon
>>
>>54274467

white prison with luminarch's ascension, enduring ideal and the new humilty just for fun
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (367KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
367KB, 1600x1200px
>mfw had a dream that GB delirium elves was a modern deck
>Grim Flayer as an elf
>GB elf legendary 3 drop with "Delirium - 1GB: return an elf from your graveyard to the battlefield"

I think I'm having DRS-based fever dreams
>>
Tell me why this deck wouldnt work in modern (and waht I could do to make it work besides making it regular Amalgam dredge).
>Stinkweed Imp x4
>Life from the Loam x4
>Golgari Thug x1
>Faithless Looting x4
>Cathartic Reunion x4
>Street Wraith x4
>Bloodghast x4 (or Gravecrawler x4)
>Rally the Peasants x1
>Extractor Demon x4
>Sedraxis Specter x4
>Rotting Rats x4
>Dregscape Zombie x4 (or Fatestitcher)
Land (18)
>Crypt of Agadeem x4
>Dakmor Salvage x2
>Gemstone Mine x2
>Stomping Ground x2
>Blood Crypt x2
>Bloodstained Mire x2
>Wooded Foothills x2
>Mountain x2
>>
>>54275520
Quick rundown:
With 29 black creatures the Crypts will be tapping for a lot of black mana that you can Unearth a lot of Flyers or cheap attackers with.
Ideally turn 1 Faithless Looting discarding two Dredgers (11 in deck), then use any street wraiths to immediately dredge. Turn 2 you dredge more and play a crypt and another faithless or pass. Turn 3 dredge for draw, land and tap 2 to tap the crypt for a black mana for each black creature in your bin (which on turn 3 tends to be around 9), you can unearth for lethal with as low as 12 black mana, 10 if theyre are 17. Turn 4 and 5 are usually when it wins. It dies to graveyard hate and fog like effects as the unearthed creatures are exiled after use, but it can swing for lethal quiet a few times.
>>
>>54274596
>enduring ideal
My favourite petdeck. One day it'll win something, I swear.
>>
>>54274980
I want your illness anon. Fill me with it's perfection.
>>
>>54275543
>>54275520

The issue is that it's just doing what Amalgam Dredge does, only slower because Amalgam Dredge doesn't need to spend mana to bring creatures out of the graveyard, so it can spend that mana instead to cast its faithless lootings/cathartic Reunions/life from the loams/etc. With your deck, you're having to split your mana between your creatures you want to attack with that turn and any other spells you'd want to play from your hand.
>>
How could this be updated?
>>
>>54276457
Forgot link

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-12-14-5-color-humans/
>>
Why does WotC insist on doing retarded bullshit like this?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/magic-online-posted-decklist-changes-2017-07-05
>>
>>54276499
Play standard again goy, its totally fun and diverse now, look at all these different decks
>>
>>54276499

Because they are trying to curb people's retarded sheep-like nature.

Think back to the Aetherworks Marvel fiasco. The deck didn't even have a high win rate, it had some very poor matchups. However, because a lot of people played it, a lot of people netdecked it and played it, which caused an even greater number of people to start complaining about how the format was "overrun" by an "oppressive" deck that wasn't actually oppressive. People are too stupid to adapt and aim for the decks that are popular, so this is an attempt to force people out of blindly netdecking.
>>
>>54276499
I don't know why wizards think this will change anything, people will see a deck at 20% of the meta (the cap for one deck in this new system) and know it's dominant
>>
>>54276578
>The deck didn't even have a high win rate, it had some very poor matchups
This wouldn't even be a problem if they didn't ask websites to stop publishing winrate data but because they felt "it solved a meta too fast" now we get even more data removed so they can sweep their bullshit under the rug instead of actually letting people solve the problem and see for themselves.
>>
File: Moe King Tripfag.jpg (71KB, 360x403px) Image search: [Google]
Moe King Tripfag.jpg
71KB, 360x403px
>>54276822

The number of people willing to solve the problem is incredibly tiny. The majority of Magic players just want to type out "top deck" into a search, then click "buy now" on a TCG Player list and take it to their local FNM. This is aimed at stifling those impulses for those stupid players. People who use top deck information to inform card choices in their own builds will be less affected.
>>
>>54276499
jesus fucking christ just kill me now before desolator makes a video about how he was right and wotc hates netdeckers
>>
>>54273774
Singular "they" is grammatically disgusting.
>>
>>54276957
>players are getting an incorrect picture of the metagame
>marvel had bad matchups but nobody saw them because we refuse to publish the data or let anyone else do it lmao
>Instead of giving more data to players let's restrict it and cloud the metagame even further that'll solve the problem!
There is no reason for this and I think the fact that you're trying to excuse this retarded decision with "muh netdeckers" is fucking laughable. You want people to have a better view of the meta and not have another marvel fiasco? Then don't fucking intentionally cloud the metagame. This solves literally nothing and actively seeks to make the game worse and if anything this could lead to another marvel fiasco due to them obscuring the metagame even more than before. I really underestimate just how fucking stupid WotC is.
>>
>>54269325
I've been slowly perfecting BG infect myself. Get 2x Pendelhaven and go up to 8 green fetches so you have become immense fodder. Bring basics down to only 1 each. No hand of praetors or Skittles instead 4 Noble Hierarchs are a must. Make sure you have 4x rancor as it's a nice power boost and being chump blocked sucks since your 2 drop isn't actually unblockable like in UG. Drop 2 push for two abrupt Decay as having a main board answer to chalice, blood moon, and ensaring bridge as well as any other troubling things is a God send. And as everyone else said some hand rape at least 2 thought seize main board. You can go down two mutagenic growths for those they sent that great most of the time but do keep some as they fuel the two become immense. You don't need more than twenty lands. Run a single dryad arbor to help with edict effects. That's my advice but do your spicy thing BG infect bro. Also no don't put in plague myr.
>>
>>54277114

Magic was more enjoyable before the internet.
>>
>>54269597
Listen dude I know you like Skittles but you only need to count to ten. Crusader Is your big finisher especially when you load him up with rancors. Most of the time you want to win between turns 2 and 4 and even though you can grind out and get up there in turns winning faster is better
>>
>>54277183
Ban all Magic data desu, we really need to stick it to those netdecking scum
>>
>>54277028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HH6U6B87w4

You're about an hour too late senpai
>>
>>54277227
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54277227

ahahahahahaha "Super intelligent, one hundred percent correct decision"

It sounds like I'm listening to a Trump rant.
>>
>>54277064
So is the singular you.
>>
>>54277028
To be fair Netdeckers and Netdecking are two different things. (or at least that is how I have come to understand it)

Netdecking is where you look up lists online and build a deck based on established strategies and tune it to your meta. It is a perfectly acceptable practice for anyone who isn't a genius and quite frankly if you were one, you would probably end up with a list pretty similar to what the pros are playing anyways so who fucking cares.

Netdeckers are the mongoloids who wholesale buy decks from Star of David Games without even thinking twice or adjusting the sideboard, just because it won an event on MTGO or a ptq. Being a netdecker is essentially admitting you are a shameless scrub who can't identify what a good card is and need someone else to brew it for you.

Hating netdeckers is socially acceptable, because they contribute to the staleness of the format and don't innovate. Hating netdecking is fucking stupid because you have to know what people are playing if you want to win.
>>
>>54277227
well rogue deck builder kevin is a complete fucking idiot, so at least he got that part right
>>
File: hesrightyouknow.jpg (321KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hesrightyouknow.jpg
321KB, 2048x1024px
>>54277314
>>
File: 1490062272154.png (636KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1490062272154.png
636KB, 680x510px
>>54277426
There has never been a good edit of that image.

This is fact.
>>
>>54277452

"If you disagree, I'd love to hear why, because you're wrong and I'll tell you why"

what a nice open-minded individual. Plus that rant about "blue-haired SJWs ruining Wizards" in the middle there really made me feel like he browses /tg/. I'm surprised I haven't seen threads declaring him /our guy/ or whatever dumb shit.
>>
>>54277573
Unlikely, given the highly competitive, no-shitbrews allowed nature of the /tg/ Magic generals.
It's not just 4chan that finds issue with SocJusters, anon.
>>
>>54266358
Respectfully, I disagree.
Whenever I play EDH and my buddy plays some cool control stuff I have a fun time seeing what weird blue shit he'll whip out next.
>>
>>54276499
This is so stupid
>With all that said, the way we've been presenting decklists from Magic Online is particularly prone to pushing metagames toward becoming homogenous or "solved" extremely quickly.
This new system doesn't prevent this, as people are still going to judge each "unique" deck archetype and shift the meta in doing so.
>Under this system, new and unique decks are far more likely to appear, and it's our goal to foster that creativity and innovation rather than stifle it.
This part is good and true.
>Over the past six months, we've had extensive conversations about what we can do to improve the experience of playing Magic, examining everything from our process to our design philosophies to the way we communicate and remain engaged with our players. There's no one answer to making Magic the most fun it can be, but this is one of many steps we're taking under the belief that it makes for a more fun game overall.
So when are they going to update the UI for MGO so it isn't a fucking abomination?
Is that what the "Next" thing is? Any word on what the fuck that is or when it's going to be showing up?
>>
How is Ponza supposed to win when against Bxx decks that just strip all the land destruction away with discard?
>>
>>54276499
Does this mean people will stop running x4 Push, then complain about being unable to kill Gurmag/Tasigur?
>>
>>54278033
>stop running x4 Push, then complain about being unable to kill Gurmag/Tasigur?
push wasn't killing gurmag/tasigur though
>>
>>54277969
>Under this system, new and unique decks are far more likely to appear, and it's our goal to foster that creativity and innovation rather than stifle it.
>This part is good and true.
Lmao , poor information on a metagame will lead to exactly the opposite of what they want. That couldn't be farther from "good and true"
>>
>>54278054
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Push can't kill creatures with Delve costs. Did I go wrong somewhere in my English?
>>
>>54278070
People who look at decklists and see the same 3 decks winning everything are not going to experiment, they're going to play one of those decks.
If they show more unique decks, people might have their interest piqued.
>>
>>54278076
Yes, you said that people were going to stop running Push then complain about being unable to kill those creatures, though they should be complaining while they are running 4 Pushes.
>>
>>54256787
I play Bushwhacker Zoo, which is kind of like Revolt Zoo? (If not the same thing?)

I stopped playing the deck because it kind of has a horrible matchup against all the Death's Shadow and Abzan decks in my area
>>
>>54278076
You used "then" wrong. You're linking two clauses ("stop running x4 Push" and "complain about Gurmag"), but your use of "then" implies causation. As in, if people stopped running x4 Push, it would cause them to complain about Gurmag.

"while" would have been more correct, but I'm no expert.
>>54278113
Your English isn't that great either, pal. You're on the right track, but you've explained poorly.
I think we're on the same page as far as why the use of "then" was wrong, however.
>>
Why is T2 TKS, T3 Reality Smasher considered so much worse to face than T3 Karn?

We don't have any Eldrazi Tron at my FNM.
>>
>>54278188
I never said my English was perfect.
"While" isn't better, if you aren't running Pushes, you should have different removal, things that have a better chance of killing those creatures.
>>
>>54278327
Why are you saying this?
Who even plays Limited? It's full of the dirtiest kind of cheaters.
>>
>>54278265
Big bodies swinging perhaps, TKS lets you select the card you exile to shit on combo.
>>
>>54278265
>facing regular tron
"Drats, an Urza's land! My removal spells just got worse, though still might hit a Wurmcoil... so long as I can survive a Pyroclasm, Brutality or Blessed Alliance, I should be able to race under them, especially with a timely Ghost Quarter! Game two I'll bring in my Surgicals, Blood Moons, Crumble to Dust and maybe even some more efficient countermagic, so long as they don't find their Worldbreaker/Ulamog too early on."

>facing eldrazi tron
"Fucker doesn't even have Tron, and yet is aggroing me with bullshit spaghetti. Blanked my Moon with Mindstone/Wastes/Map(for Wastes)/Quarter(for Wastes). I cast Surgical+Quarter on their Urza's Tower but they went for Eldrazi Temples instead."
>>
>>54278434
Temples are fueling another route of play and making the deck more resilient to hate, essentially?
>>
>>54278468
Essentially, yeah. They themselves are afforded the luxury of jamming a ton of ghost quarters too.

There's a lot of nutty bullshit too going on too with double Temple starts, flipping crazy shit off Matter Reshapers, one sided cost-reduced boardwipes that hit enchantments and walkers.

The deck was a bit of a meme before ballista and is probably a bit overrated due to meta stuff. I preferred the Infect meta.
>>
>>54278584
for example hitting a Matter Reshaper off a Matter Reshaper, probably the grimmiest shit I ever seen.
>>
>>54278373
I just like shitposting. Does limited have more cheaters then constructed? How so?
>>
>>54278865
More potential for cheating because you can slip good cards into your packs in addition to the other cheating that can also occur in regular constructed.
>>
So how long until fetches get reprinted again?
You guys reckon we'll see them in Iconic Masters? Or will we have to wait until Masters 25?
>>
>>54278949
We won't see fetches for a while. Iconic Masters is going to be mostly trash that people will nostalgiafag over.
>>
>>54278964
Well that's just the creature slots, the set's going to have lands in it too!
>>
>>54278973
I repeat: trash that people will nostalgiafag over. This set will have a lower EV than MM15 since they have an excuse to not print anything good.
>>
>>54278973
>noncreature cards in 2017
Won't someone please think of the (((Timmies)))
>>
>>54278973
Can't wait for those pain land reprints we haven't got since the last core set in 2015.
>>
>>54278005
It isn't lmao
>>
>>54278033
I understand what you mean. Those other guys are just brainlets
>>
>>54278984
What lands do you think people will nostalgia over?

Also, they're 10 fucking dollar packs, they gotta have something of value in them or no one is going to order them, store owners and distributors are still pissed about the second print run of Eternal Masters, MM3 is still selling below MSRP (below EV!).
>>
>>54279064
No clue, but it sure ain't fetches. What's this about the Eternal Masters?
>>
File: 1499835572866275.png (236KB, 375x524px) Image search: [Google]
1499835572866275.png
236KB, 375x524px
Any chance of this card in the new set being any good in modern?
>>
>>54279086
WotC "reprinted" Eternal Masters (released a bunch of boxes into the market), tanking the value of the boxes, screwing over everyone who had boxes (either for investing or selling), making distributors and store owners lose confidence.

A side effect of this was that they didn't want MM3 boxes, so even though MM3 contains very high value cards, it's still not selling for even MSRP.
Unless they want no one buying Iconic Masters (distributors, store owners), they better put stuff of value in the expensive packs.
>>
>>54279180
The problem is that, even if they put value cards in, we know they don't print all rares/mythics in equal quantities.

There is a certain lack of trust in the whole cracking packs model.
>>
>>54279261
Hell, they even skew uncommons. Wizards is trying way too hard to be uberjews when they're merely low level shekelgrubbers. This kind of really weird dishonesty is going to make them suffer at some point.
>>
>>54279261
Well, while there's a difference between variance within each rarity (and has been since forever), if there aren't any cards of good value in the set your chance of getting them is 0.
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>54256465
newfag here. looking to get into modern. decided to build this shit, would like some feedback
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-07-17-milling-merfolk/
>>
What are some good sac outlets for a Solemnity/Persist deck? Evolutionary Leap is very nice but Green is probably the shittiest color in terms of overall synergy with the archetype.
>>
File: UNA VELA.jpg (97KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
UNA VELA.jpg
97KB, 592x592px
>>54279317
>looking to get into modern
>millfolk
>>
>>54279317
>milling
consider just making an honest merfolk tribal
>>
>>54279324
Viscera Priest.
>>
>>54279317
Mill is an awful wincon. Awful to the point that no one prepares for it anymore, because it's irrelevant.

You could probably get FNM wins with it, but don't expect much. A single deck that can shuffle the yard back into library will ruin you.
>>
>>54279324
>>54279337
Oh fuck I'm retarded.

Viscera Seer. B for free sacs and Scry. It's what Junk/Abzan uses for their combo.
>>
>>54279317
>>54279353
>A single deck that can shuffle the yard back into library will ruin you.

This. You'll be too slow for aggro and you can't beat anything that runs an Eldrazi titan. Ensnaring Bridge is a good tech tool but at that point there's no reason to be running Merfolk, who are on the whole a tribe that wins by attacking. Just play regular UB Mill with bridges and Hedron Crabs or play Lantern Control and don't bother with creatures at all.
>>
>>54279317
>not a single copy of Traumatize
At least you've got Fraying Sanity from the new set to add to it, might make it at least fringe.

>>54279377
>>54279353
Let's be real, no one plays those cards.
And if someone did, he could include some graveyard exile cards to prevent them from doing so.
>>
>>54279377
>>54279324
There's also the spicy Fraying Sanity + Traumatize package.
>>
>>54279382
>no one plays those cards
You don't think people play Emrakul to be used with Nahiri?
You're wrong.
>>
>>54279382
>And if someone did, he could include some graveyard exile cards to prevent them from doing so.
Even if you catch them with a maindeck Relic or Surgical Extraction (probably not a bad idea to snag problem spells like those that can blow up a bridge), the shuffle trigger will still resolve so you have to start all over at 50-some cards.

>>54279382
>>54279383
Hadn't remembered about Fraying Sanity. That's pretty spicy. Still probably not super playable, but spicy.
>>
>>54279425
That shit is pretty fringe.
But can't you exile the graveyard with a relic or something in response to that trigger?
>>
>>54279117
My favorite blue effect is "send up"
>>
>>54278106
>If we misconstrue the metagame and cherrypick what we want to show people they'll play different decks and experiment more
You can't innovate or in a meta if you have no idea what's going on in said meta. Restricting the flow of information does nothing to help this problem and in fact hurts it since the average person won't have access to a somewhat reliable metagame so they can innovate and brew accordingly. For example, let's pretend Temur energy is the top deck and I'm brewing a deck to beat it. If it's say 40% of the metagame I can reasonably expect to take my brew to large events and do well with it. Now instead of having an accurate meta report, I have to go by wizard's cherrypicked lists and I occasionally see a Marvel deck posted and the metagame sites use this data to at least try to represent a metagame (even though it results with skewed data) and I come to the conclusions that my brew isn't worth it since I can't accurately judge the metagame due to lack of information. The icing on the cake of all this is that they complained about marvel and how it created a feedback loop and posted data that showed it actually wasn't dominant and if they had just published that winrate data themselves or allow other websites to do it instead of bullying them to stop, we wouldn't have had this entire debacle. This also doesn't stop the "people who just play the top decks" from using paper events to do the same exact thing despite wotc's attempt to portray the online meta how they want. Restricting what people are able to see in metagames isn't going to lead people to playing whatever wacky shit 5-0's on mtgo because it won the matchup lottery and it also hurts growing brews that people might see something in because their results won't be accurately reported and it will essentially be buried in a pile of inaccurate shit.
>>
>>54279317
Mill is garbage even if you're running an actual mill deck with glimpse, mind funeral and archive trap and I can't see how trying to attach that to a slower and more disruptable creature strategy is going to work. You're better off just playing a budget merfolk and slowly build into the real thing or work towards mill, but I honestly can't recommend playing mill since it is objectively just a worse version of burn.
>>
>>54277391
>I made up a distinction so I can justify hating people while doing exactly what they do

Points for trying I guess
>>
>>54279765
>>54279765
Head over whenever
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.