[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 403
Thread images: 49

File: theherowedon'tdeserve.jpg (148KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
theherowedon'tdeserve.jpg
148KB, 1200x675px
Wizard's STILL managing to fuck up edition

Playing, Hating etc

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
File: 1487640362182.jpg (40KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1487640362182.jpg
40KB, 403x392px
>>54279765
Tron lands ban WHEN?
>>
>>54279765
Second for FUCK WIZARDS FUCK SHADOW FUCK TRON FUCK AFFINITY FUCK BURN FUCK SOUL SISTERS FUCK TITANSHIFT FUCK JANK "NIC FIT" SHITBREWS FUCK EVERYTHING UTRON META WHEN???
>>
STOP TREATING FATAL PUSH LIKE IT'S CATCH-ALL REMOVAL
>>
File: 1499398809502.jpg (28KB, 519x442px)
1499398809502.jpg
28KB, 519x442px
>>54279798
>fuck tron
>but not my tron
>>
How much is Ponza disrupted by targeting the mana dorks?

Same question for Elves.
>>
>>54279808
Yeah
>>
File: blasting station.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
blasting station.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
This card is infinite damage if you have solemnity and a persist/undying creature.
>>
>>54279889
Yes, as is Viscera Seer/Solemnity/Redcap and others. Solemnity's effect is nothing new.
>>
>>54279915
The sacrifice outlet dealing the damage is a more efficient way to do it, since you don't need specifically damage-dealing creature for it to work. Although Seer does tutor your win con anyway.
>>
>>54279765
What decks would you guys consider the most "interactive?" And why are they interactive?
>>
>>54280049
Grixis Death's Shadow

Thoughtseize away your hand then don't let you resolve anything, and if it does then they kill spell it.
>>
>>54280111

You're so fucking salty that it's dehydrating me through my screen.

>>54280049

Probably Abzan midrange because of their answer cards that can be played around, grindy playstyle, and value creatures that don't always have a 3 turn clock when they finally come down and can be reasonably dealt with. Not sure what interactive means to you though. Interactive as in sitting down across from a player who isn't going to employ bullshit like 7 mana turn three or 10 spells in one turn to win? Or interactive as in stack wars and removal spells until rev for 15?
>>
>>54279889
Why would you use that when you can run Gerafs Messengers or Redcap in a coco deck?
>>
>>54280304
What if you don't want to run messengers or redcaps?
>>
>>54279889
Teysa, Orzhov Scion and Darkest Hour/Painters Servant does it too
>>
>>54280315
Then you're fucking retarded and purposely shooting yourself in the knee because walking is too easy apparently for ya.
>>
>>54280270
I'm not salty I'm being legit. Grixis shadow is one of the most difficult to pilot tier 1 decks in recent history
>>
>>54280336
Colorless infinite sac+damage that works with any recurring minion, vs b/r and/or b that when recurred works with any infinite sac outlet. They are two completely different options with different requirements, why are you getting mad?
>>
>>54279814
>How much is Ponza disrupted by targeting the mana dorks?
you have to kill the lands they enchant

>Same question for Elves.
you have to shut down the heritage druid, then survive multiple collected company, chord of calling for silver bullets and eventually craterhoof behemoth or ezuri.
>>
>>54279807
But anon, if everybody does that, how will I cheese Shadow players with Baneslayer Angel?
>>
File: call the neighbors.jpg (56KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
call the neighbors.jpg
56KB, 500x376px
>>54280637
>baneslayer angel
>>
>>54280706
I run it off and on in the sideboard of Esper Control. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's a flop.

>at FNM
>playing against some guy's brew that's between burn and rackdos midrange
>lose game one to a triple guide draw, side as if he's on burn
>ready to slam Baneslayer on T5, but I have a Clique in hand so I decide to be safe and clear the path first
>end step cast Clique, target him
>reveal a hand of things that don't kill Baneslayer
>let him keep it all
>he bolts Clique
>next turn cast Baneslayer and pass
>he draws, looks at his hand, reads Baneslayer, and then points a Terminate at it
>next turn I draw a Logic Knot
I just about tilted into a fourth dimension.
>>
>>54280816
Last local Modern event I went to I had to mulligan in every single game I played and keep mediocre hands. Half the time I had to go down to 5 and had to pray for lands off the top because my only land was an Island in Esper.
>>
I wish there were a card that just let you cheat out 4 mana enchantments and/or artifacts for free. All the fun combo cards are 4 mana enchantments.
>>
>>54280816
>not cliqueing yourself to draw the logic knot
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54281161
>>
>>54279765
Is it wrong to find playing Turns fun? Seeing if I can squeak by and draw the next extra turn spell is pretty exciting.
>>
>>54280386
There is nothing difficult about playing GDS. The deck is such a well oiled and efficient machine it plays like fucking clockwork.
Playing AGAINST GDS on the other hand is probably one of the most skill intensive thing there is in the format right now.
>>
>>54281556
It's never wrong to find any deck fun. Play what you like and fuck all the haters.
>>
I've put some Mind Sculptors in my Esper deck to test tonight so I can show the cucks at my LGS that he isn't busted in Modern. He has some pretty sweet synergy with Bob too. and his -1 is excellent against delve creatures.
>>
>>54281619

I sort of agree with the guy your responding to, and to an extent with you. GDS being so interactive, you can, with smart play, stop your opponent from doing anything threatning. At the same time, if you make a bad play or mistake vs aggressive decks like Burn or Merfolk you will get run over before you have a chance to stabilize. Or vs other highly interactive decks you need to be really smart about what you thoughtsieze, what to save counters for, and be wary of removal/blockers for Shadow. I agree though that GDS is so well oiled that against many decks you can just auto pilot to victory.
>>
>>54281835

I don't think he is busted in a vacuum that much. Dies to bolt or a wide board, then again, you have access to board wipes and not every deck can bolt him, and if you can make him stick he can take over a game. I'd like to see an unban just to see what happens.
>>
I want to make a goblin tribal deck that isn't tier 3.5 budget trash like 8wack
Not sure how I should go about doing it though.
>>
>>54282065
>goblin tribal deck that isn't tier 3.5 budget trash like 8wack
So you want to make a worse deck?

Are you sure you're in the right thread? The "forcing tribal against all reason" Commander thread is over there.
>>
>>54282065
Pretty sure 8whack is the only way goblins are playable.
Maybe a zoo shell, cutting things that aren't SSG, BTE and GG, still splashing green for atarkas command?
>>
>>54282065
4 blood moons 4 vials some rabblemasters some lords some instigators and whatever playable 1-2s there are
Will still be far worse than actual tribal decks like fish and elves
>>
Playing UWR thing ascension. Does anyone have some spicy tech or other fun, predominantly red, decks?
>>
>>54279317
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-07-17-milling-merfolk/

I always wanted to make Drowner of Secrets/Merrow Commerce work as well, so if you do end up testing the deck and get some good results, let us know. The only advice I'd give is to focus more on the control aspect. Lord of Atlantis feels like you're splitting your deck's attention between being mill and being aggressive.
>>
>Mountain, swiftspear, attack 1
>Mountain, 2 more swiftspear attack 3
>Mountain, triple bolt attack 12
Gotta go fast
>>
>>54282444
what the hell is this pile
>>
>>54282928
The new meta buster to stomp GDS and E Tron.
>>
>>54282928
It's trash. That's what it is.
>>
>>54282444
Complaining about vials and caverns is dumb. Honestly caverns are mostly irrelevant in the current meta, it is instant and sorcery spells people seem to counter most these days. And quite frankly I've gone dozens of games without even drawing my vials. Fuck, go the blue moon route with fish and you can slow down your opponent enough that you don't even need vial and can run janky shit like coralhelm commander.
>>
>>54282065

come back when this guy is reprinted
>>
>>54282065
Honestly 8whack isn't as bad as people make it to be.

Maybe it's not SANIC fact like infect but it can regularly kill t3-4.
>>
>>54282444
what the fuck am I looking at
>>
has free win red changed in the last 6 months? does it now play chandra the mind sculptor?
>>
>>54279765
Anywhere I can download high quality cards to print so I can play with friends?
>>
>>54283572
Magiccards.info seems to have the highest resolution available.
>>
>>54283690
thank you very much, anon!
>>
>>54283572
Google. There are good high quality scans out there in torrents.
>>
>>54281064
yeah but sometimes that just 'happens' and there's nothing you can do about it because 'variance isn't a bug, it's a feature!'
>>
>>54281064
So? You are playing magic that is broken that way. Your hands are completely in hands of rng jesus for praying you get optimal amount of lands.
>>
>>54281172
this
though i highly doubt he had the mana to play the slayer and logic knot in the same turn
>>
>>54283547

If you mean skred, then yes Chandra TOD is played. What's changed? Not a whole lot, some lists have a Hazoret or two now, decent beater and can turn extra lands in hand to 2 damage to face. Some other lists run a very spicy plan of ramping out Koth+Chandra as fast as possible to cast a T4 Apocalypse to fuck with everyone. Other than that not much else. Red still not getting anyway to interact with the stack or any decent card advantage. Maybe one day... Red Elemental blast reprint when?
>>
>>54284360
Harsh mentor still not played in Skred? God I wish that card did damage to planeswalker activations.
>>
>>54284360
>If you mean skred
no I mean free win red
>legal rituals
>turn 2 bloodmoon
or
>turn 2 ensnaring bridge
free win!
>>
>T1 mana dork/Utopia Sprawl/whatever -> T2 Viridian Emissary/Primal Druid -> T3 Eldritch Evolution for Solemn Simulacrum -> Untap T4 with 7 mana possible
>T1 mana dork/Utopia Sprawl/whatever -> T2 Viridian Emissary/Primal Druid -> T3 Evolutionary Leap, praying for a ramp creature -> Untap T4 with 6-7 mana possible
>T1 mana dork/Utopia Sprawl/whatever -> T2 Grisley Salvage -> T3 Footsteps of the Goryo for Viridian Emissary/Primal Drud -> Untap T4 with 6 mana possible

Am I retarded for not just ramping with Sakura-Tribe Elder?
Evolutionary Leap is pretty bad, but EE gives me some acceptable toolboxing and the similar redundancy lets me open with one. Neither works with the Elder.
Footsteps/Salvage is some jank, but Eternal Witness is already worth running.

>attempting to play the long game against Eldrazi Tron
I know. This is FNM shitbrewing.
>>
What site has tix for the cheapest?
>>
>>54284378

There was a Skred/FWR hybrid that put up a couple 5-0s. Ran a core base of Skred with Ensnaring Bridges and Ratchet Bombs instead of mind stones and A few other cuts. Looked interesting, I might try it out.
>>
>>54285799
got a list? sounds spicy
>>
>>54284476
>T1 Arbor Elf
>T2 Utopia Sprawl, Garruk Wildspeaker, Utopia Sprawl, Blood Moon
I've done this multiple times now. 9 mana of spells on turn 2, you untap with access to 11 mana on turn 3, and you have a Blood Moon in play so your opponent can't do much.
>>
>>54286694
>not T1 Arbor Elf
>T2 Utopia Sprawl, Kiora Master of Waves, Garruk Wildspeaker, Genesis Hydra revealing Oath of Nissa
HEH, YOUR MOVE KIDD
>>
>>54284374
As an ~~~experienced~~~ skred pilot the problem with Harsh Mentor is that it eats removal and then they fetch anyway. It's hard to justify a straight 2/2 in the 75. Every threat needs to be impactful and hard to remove, and while Harsh Mentor can be the former it will never be the latter.

If it hit planeswalker abilities it might sneak into our sideboards in LotV heavy meta.
>>
>>54286974
If he hit planeswalkers he would be so fucking powerful. Played against someone and initially thought he did, and with the damage redirection in theory would have made playing planeswalkers practically useless.
>Garruk will never ult, becomes 4cmc 3/3 Beast Token
>Jace becomes a bad Fact or Fiction
>Gideon only gets two tokens before being cleaned up
>Chandra/Lilly minus is a clean 1for1
>Nahiri will never ult

The card is good enough, maybe not in this format currently, but in other playing fields he's great.
>>
File: IMG_3103.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3103.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>54284360
>Apocalypse
I think you mean Obliterate

>tfw this will never be printed in Standard
>you will never suspend Greater Gargodons, Pardic Dragons, Sand-Mages and Keldon Halberdiers in Apocalypse.dec
>>
File: Mana tithe1.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mana tithe1.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
How useful is Mana Tithe in Modern these days?
>>
>>54287343
It isn't to be quite honest. Its a great "gotcha" card if you are on the play, stopping a T1 Thoughtseize, but after turn 3 it gets progressively worse and worse.
>>
Right faggots give me your spiciest Ponza meatballs because standard lists aren't midrange enough for my tastes. I want your best 3-5 mana goodstuff.
>>
>>54287786
Once I used Primordial Hydra for fun, my opp was playing counters company, after the moon in the field and some LDs, the Hydra got in as a 4/4, hit next turn for 8/8 and he conceded as she would 16/16 trample him next turn. Inferno titan would be better in that situation though.
>>
Is GB the best version of Elves or is Abzan better for the white sideboard?
>>
>>54287343
Sees play in Bogles if that's your thing
>>
>>54288686
>best
Shit like this is why Wizards won't report meta percentages anymore. You have your preferred Elves, I have mind. As for the best way, the correct way, it doesn't exist.

I personally run GW because all I want is that sideboard and Selfless Spirit. Shaman of the Pack has its merits, but I dislike three-colors because I do.
>>
>>54288903
Bogles isn't even Tier 3 my dude. It's way too slow, and folds to discard like paper to a vice.
>>
>>54289174
I personally run mono red elves, it's just as good as any other elves build. They're all just equally good, exactly the same with no clear advantages.
>>
>>54289258
Stop for a second and ask yourself about why you're posting this. Why you're pretending to be retarded. Is this were you wanted the conversation to go?
Did you come here to post this, just for someone to ask why you're pretending to be retarded? That's what's happening right now.
>>
File: Valakut.jpg (249KB, 1400x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Valakut.jpg
249KB, 1400x1024px
>Playing
Titan Shift

>Hating
Myself for not knowing how to properly side board

anybody got any tips or guides to sideboarding better
>>
>>54289188
It's sin is losing to Liliana of the veil and deflceting palm. Both which are played a looooot.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=15717&d=296264&f=MO
top16
>>
>>54289302
What do you mean by sideboarding better? Knowing what to put in your sideboard or knowing what to bring in for certain matchups?
>>
>>54289174
>Shit like this is why Wizards won't report meta percentages anymore.
Nah, it's more due to them withholding winrate data in the first place and then getting mad when the average person can't see a metagame properly based on only metashares. Now we get even more info taken taken away because that's gonna somehow solve the problem. I for one, am glad WotC thought up such a brilliant solution to this problem that not only benefits them but the players as well.
>>
>>54289294
Yes, this is exactly where I wanted this conversation to go. Anyone who thinks that one build of a deck can't be the best is retarded. Anyone who thinks wizards stopped posting meta game percentages for any reason but to hide how absolutely awful their standard is is retarded. If you don't want the discussion to be steered towards people being told they're retards then please stop posting any time.
>>
>>54289332
pretty much, sometimes its hard to figure out what to take out in certain matchups
>>
>>54289395
It comes down to matchup experience really. When you play enough of a certain matchup, you figure out what cards are dead that you need to take out. You'll even start to get a feel for what your opponent's are going to take out so you can out-sideboard them by putting in cards tuned to their sideboard.

If you're ever at a loss, look to the weakest cards in your deck for a given matchup, and then look at your sideboard and see if there are any cards you'd rather have in your 60. Then swap. It's not an exact science, it's more about your gut.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
REPRINT ENCHANTRESS PLZ
>>
>>54287104
I see no problem with this
>>
>>54289174
Holy fuck anon. You're a real life retard
>>
>>54289373
I wish Modern was that diverse, unfortunately we only get to play GDS mirrors in this format until people start catching on. Hopefully that'll change once those 5-0 lists start getting pumped out. I can't wait to see all the wacky and cool brews that are ready to tear up the modern format!
>>
>>54287104
So, how's this an issue?
>>
>want to sit on karn and hope he hits $90
>mild paranoia that wizards will do something nutty like ban Karn and his price will tank
>>
>>54281172
>clique'ing yourself to maybe draw a counter for an answer your opponent might have
>not clique'ing the opponent to strip whatever answer they might have

Of course, wasting the resources is always the better play, it always works out!
>>
>>54289741
Remember Golgari Grave Troll?
Wizards is still in the mood to kill critical cards if they so please.
>>
>>54289654
Fuck anyone who actually thinks this way.
>>
>tfw opponent kills your emrakul with big game hunter
How do you even explain that flavor-wise? Motherfucker dives off a cliff screaming WITNESS ME and just goes HAM on big E?
>>
>>54289946
Is there a deck running Big Game Hunter?
>>
So I've bothered sitting down and thinking about Garruk Wildspeaker vs Chandra, Torch of Defiance in Ponza, and here's what I've come up with.

>Chandra
Pros:
- Card advantage
- Ramp
- Removal

Cons:
- The shock part of the card advantage +1 is basically dead because Ponza is NOT a grindy deck
- If there's nothing to Flame Slash when she lands, she can't do anything
- The best deck in the format's relevant creatures don't die to Flash Slash

>Garruk
Pros:
- His ramp is MUCH more relevant and potentially explosive, working crazily well with Utopia Sprawl
- A 3/3 token per turn is no joke
- Most creatures that die to Flash Slash trade with a 3/3 too, but the 3/3 is board presence

Cons:
- Very simple and one dimensional, supports your hand rather than sculpts it

In short, if your Ponza list is more tuned towards midrange play (less Bonfires, maybe drop a BoP), Garruk is WAY better. In my testing he's out-performed what Chandra would've done in the same situation by a metric mile. If any of you kids play Ponza, take your Chandras out.
>>
I'd like to try modern but start out with something affordable (I know). The Izzet Blitz archetype could possibly offer a super fast and combo-reliant deck, something, I'd like to give a try.

2 Apostle's Blessing
4 Artful Dodge
4 Assault Strobe
4 Delver of Secrets
2 Distortion Strike
2 Gut Shot
10 Island
4 Kiln Fiend
4 Lightning Bolt
7 Mountain
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Nivix Cyclops
4 Serum Visions
3 Slip Through Space
2 Swan Song
>>
>>54289972
what is your price range?

why aren't you running swiftspear?
>>
>>54289972
get monastery swiftspear and some Temur Battle Rage

spell pierce might be something to consider
>>
>>54289972
Isn't this a Pauper list?
Colors in Modern are roughly G = B > R > U > W, and UR is honestly not good. It has no way to actually beat damage in and win, because in Modern delver, delver is the worst card in the deck.
UBR/Grixis is valid, because you do have some good creature options (Death's Shadow, Tasigur, and Gurmag Angler come to mind). You also actually have hard removal and targeted discard, since Blue is awful in Modern and basically only provides library manipulation, except Green does it better if you're looking for creatures, lands, or enchantments.
>>
>>54289965
Nah it was a demigod of revenge shitbrew vs my own goryo's bullshit shitbrew
>>
>>54290045
One thing actually.
Grixis is relevant right now because of Death's Shadow. Grixis Delver is still not good, but is at least more playable than ever other delver build.

I would avoid anything that is blue.
White at least provides good sideboard options.
>>
>>54288686
Personally I essentially play Mono green elves with the only black and white cards being in my SB
8 fetchlands, an overgrown tomb, a temple garden and 6 forests and two caverns are what I use for my manabase, its pretty consistent and resiliant to hate. I'm a janklord though and I'm essentially running 9 lords in total, 10 if you consider Ezuri a lord. All in all its a really good deck, wins me lots of games on Xmage.
>>
Vapor Snag is the best blue spell in Modern.
>>
>>54289991
>>54290031
My price range definitely can handle monastery swiftspears, but not sulfur falls or steam vents. Hm. Somehow the swiftspear flew under my radar. So I should drop the delver completely?
>>
>>54289395

What I do is I look at my sideboard and then pretend I'm the opponent and ask myself: what card would I really hate to see?
>>
>>54290362
No Delver is likely going to be your second best creature. I'd drop Cyclops, he's really slow. You'd be playing him turn 3 and not playing something that will buff your creatures that are already in play.

Vapor Snag and Mana Leak are cards worth considering, as well as the aforementioned Spell Pierce. Vapor Snag will clear up the board of any creatures that can block your threats. Mana Leak and Spell Pierce are efficient counterspells.

You can also Vapor Snag your own dude and replay it if you want.
>>
>>54290475
Hmm. I see the point about Cyclops being slow.

Spell Pierce and Mana Leak I get, but will Vapor Snag be necessary when there's already the whole Artful Dodge + Distortion Strike + Slip Through Space plot going on? I was thinking of dropping Gut Shot to make room for a couple of Temur Battle Rages, but finding room for more blue removal stuff is bit of a headscratcher.
>>
>>54289972
play lightning bolt
>>
>>54290724
Play Faerie Conclave.
>>
>>54289848
If anything they ban chalice. Lands and planeswalkers are sacred except their name is jace and they ruined standard.
>>
>>54290045
Black is way better than green.
>>
>>54289965
It's sometimes in the board of Company decks.
>>
>>54289965
I run 1 in DSJ
>>
>>54291678
Black is faster than green, that is all.
Declaring one better than the other is highly questionable.

Mind you, I am thinking long term, in regards to the sum of all cards that exist. I'm not talking short-term current meta.
>>
>>54290724
Vapour Sausage will save your kiln fiend when they go to destroy it because it will be the only creature you draw in the first 7 turns and without it you will have a hand of gas and nothing to put it on
>>
>>54282444
That is a deck of flaming garbage anon. You can't out merfolk merfolk. If you want to build the deck, either build it the way it is or don't, because there is no better merfolk deck that COULD be built in modern.

t. merfolk fag
>>
>>54289972
Just a heads up, Izzet Blitz is trash in modern. For every game you pull off your turn 3 kill you have ten games you don't see half of your combo pieces.
>>
>>54289741
Honestly, I'd see temple banned before karn. Karn isn't broken, but turn 2 thought knot is pretty degenerate
>>
>>54292941
Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>54293050
I play mono U Tron.
>>
>>54293050
If your definition of "fun" revolves around Eldrazi and/or Tronlands, you don't deserve to have fun.
>>
>>54292941
>tfw the Eldrazi Funbus is going to get sacrificed for that avatar of sin, the Silver Golem.

I hate it.
>>
>>54292675

I hope they print at least a couple usable Merfolk in Ixalan, but knowthing the current design team, fat fucking chance. Wouldn't mind a real nice one drop and three drop. Don't get me wrong CD and Rejeery are great, but they aren't great in every occasion and it would be nice to have more meta call/side board hate. Maybe a sweet 4 drop could work too...
>>
>>54289608

I mean.... Would she even be that busted in modern? I could see some sort of G/W enchantment control or something going on but doesn't legacy enchantress have a second draw engine that makes it work?
>>
>>54293524
I heard olivia voldaren and huntmaster of the fells are pretty good 4 drops. They could work really well in a shell with tarmogoyf, dark confidant and lots of kill spells. Top it off with some liliana of the veils and I think you might just have a deck.
>>
>>54289972

No fling?
>>
>>54293177
What makes you think you can make that decision?
>>
>>54293563
Legacy also has Elephant Grass and other fucked up enchantments.
>>
>>54293579
Jund plz stop

You havent been relevant since chuck norris jokes were funny
>>
>>54286694
How are you putting out 2GG T2 with with that setup?
>>
>>54293872
T1. Forest>Elf
T2. 2nd Forest >Enchant first with utopia sprawl > Use Elf to generate 4 mana
>>
>>54293524
Ixalan Merfolk seem to be green slanted, with a mongreen having been spoiled already. Probably nothing worthy of Modern.
>>
>>54293563
RW pillowfort is already a T1 deck in modern, making it naya wouldn't be hard and giving it a pure card advantage engine like argothian enchantress would make it far and away the best deck in the format
>>
>>54293975
>RW pillowfort is already a T1 deck in modern
wot
>>
>>54293949
>>54293524
So far the only even interesting thing is kira light, and i don't see much of reason to play that instead. It's the artifacts they print to support tribal im more hopeful for
>>
File: 21.jpg (56KB, 312x445px)
21.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>54293991
name any deck in modern that can beat pic related

oh wait, you can't because they don't exist

runed halo by itself shuts down most of modern. combine that with ghostly prison, sphere of safety, and blood moon, and RW pillowfort becomes a 85%+ winrate deck.
>>
>>54293221
>>54293050
a 4/4 thoughtseize on turn 2 is not fun unless you're the one playing it
>>
File: 1498831285278.png (694KB, 862x724px) Image search: [Google]
1498831285278.png
694KB, 862x724px
>wanting to ban more cards instead of unbanning other cards so there can be more archetypes
unban SFM
unban Twin
unban Pod
unban BBE
unban GGT
>>
>>54294250
ggt and twin can stay go

give blue decks jace before giving them fucking twin again
>>
>>54280386
I play GDS, and no, it's not hard to pilot at all.
>>
>>54294060
>it's not fun when my opponent plays cards that negatively affect me
No shit
>>
>>54294299
>give blue decks jace before giving them fucking twin again
Twin was legal in standard and wasnt broken enough for a ban, hell we had good cantrips then even.
>>
>>54294316
>t. person who's meta is all combo decks and fair company decks
>>
>>54294393
But Twin was super consistent and strong in Modern. The Standard impact doesn't matter.
>>
>>54294390
I didn't say that. I said playing an incredibly strong card so early negatively affects me. I don't mind being thoughtseize'd on t1, i do mind it on t2 attached to a 4/4. It's not the effect of the card that bothers me, its how broken it can be with lands. At least if tron lands exist thoughtknot can only come out on t3, which is a whole different story
>>
>>54294403
There's nothing wrong with a deck being consistent and strong, you should only ban something when it consumes the whole format. Twin made up roughly the same percentage as Affinity does now when it was banned. Affinity is a really consistent and strong deck, but I don't see anyone trying to justify it being banned.
>>
Is there a modern deck based around land destruction that's decent?
>>
>>54294663
Ponza? That's literally it, and even that depends on what you mean by decent
>>
>>54294663
You can run a heavy land destruction Skred list too.
>>
>>54294663
Mono w Hatebears has a land hate sub theme to it. G/w may go all in on it if ramunap excavator performs well enough.
>>
>>54294058
Why hasn't it seen top tier play then?
>>
>>54294058
WB Eldrazi Taxes

flickerwisp your halo, process it with wasteland strangler.

E&T beats that deck given average draws and equal skill in piloting on both sides. Blows it out if the RW player is a chump, too.
>>
>>54294058
Anything that has Enchantment removal and Surgical Extraction.
>>
>>54294058
>name any deck in modern that can beat pic related
UW Control will just durdle along until they can cast Elspeth and then kill you with tokens. If any enchantments become a problem they can just bounce them with Cryptic.
>>
>card is printed after WofC stopped the Reserved List
>card never got reprinted in a new frame

Anyone else hate the "Frame" rule and wish it was just a "No Reserved List" rule? It's not like the format is some perfectly balanced metagame. Some fun, gimmiky cards in those older sets.
>>
>>54294058
If it was that popular or good people would just start running Back to Nature in the sideboard and the deck would die immediately
>>
File: weir.png (758KB, 1028x552px) Image search: [Google]
weir.png
758KB, 1028x552px
Why aren't you playing the best deck in modern anon?
>>
>>54295771
No, just play legacy if you want those cards
>but it's expensive
and it would be expensive if it was in modern. Those cards don't have enough supply for the amount of people playing modern, and wizards refuses to reprint non-reserved list value cards in any real numbers anyway.
>>
>>54296046
Are you unironically playing Tezzerator without Tezzeret the Seeker?
People like you ought to be shot in the street for your insolence.
>>
>>54296150
Blue Tezz hasn't been important in Modern or Legacy Tezzerator builds for a while, anon.
>>
>>54296304
Not that guy, but what does Legacy run now?
>>
>>54295771
It's not done for balancing reasons, it was done so that it's easy to identify if a card is legal in modern.
>>
>>54296047
Why is WotC such fucking jerks about reprinting good cards anyways? They could just jack the MSRP up on shit they put reprints in.
>>
>>54296315
They run UB Tezz because he's a better card. Sometimes they also run Dack, Daretti, or Jace.
>>
>>54296333
They did that once with chronicles or something and I think people, or speculators or whatever, did not like that.

Also, can't reprint good cards as it would ruin the standard and limited environment :^)
Honestly the fact that they only reprint shit as judge rewards promo or in super limited print run sets is fucking annoying.
>>
>Wurmcoil tokens have arrived
>Wurmcoil hasn't
>>
>>54297955
>not just making your own tokens
Casual
>>
>>54297997
>being this illiterate
>>
>>54297997
I had to peasant out and get the commander set tokens too. Original set ones are like 5 euros each.
>>
File: 10.jpg (57KB, 312x445px)
10.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
Would this card be useful against Living End and storm?
>>
>>54298224
yes
>>
>>54298224
Of by useful you mean "shuts off their combo" then yes
>>
>>54298021
>implying
Nigga I'm mocking you for buying tokens in the first place
>>
>>54292180

All the best cards in modern are black though. Thoughtseize inquisition death's shadow gurmag tasigur kolaghan's command fatal push Liliana

Green cards are good but mostly a tier below, coco, noble hierarch, goyf, etc
>>
>>54298224

Nice against storm because their sideboard removal is often lightning bolt
>>
>>54298224
Just play Rest in Peace.

Seriously, why play substandard crap like this when you got Rest in Peace.

I'm a Living End player. Most hate is not perfectly efficient but Rest in Peace is easily the must-answer card and Eidolon is hilariously so much weaker it's not even funny. Rest in Peace is also better against Gifts Storm.

This is why I feel there is something horribly wrong with Magic. Everyone's trying to find the latest tech but they don't even understand the basic benchmarks. It's telling how stupid card design is when one card blatantly wrecks entire strategies unconditionally and that's Wizards being a bit too heavy-handed with the no-fun hammer but regardless a crazy card like Rest in Peace exists so just use it.

I see that Rest in Peace is now a ~$10. That's just tragic.
>>
>>54299345
>tfw last time I played Ponza against Living End I forgot Primal Command shuffles yards
>>
>>54299345
When wizards doesn't use no fun hammer cards you get shit like current standard where they ban cards every new set.
>>
>>54299440
Emrakul WAS a fun no hammer card. Entire strategies were wiped out of existence by that card.
>>
>>54299455
Not in the same sense as RiP or stony silence.
>>
Does Censor have a chance of becoming a Modern sideboard staple or should I not bothering completing my set?
>>
>>54299555

Only a couple bucks for a playset so I don't see why this would affect your desire for a playset

It's not gonna be a modern played card unless enterprising players like you try it out

But no, I don't see it being a sideboard staple
>>
>>54299440
A card like Rest in Peace (or Relic of Progenitus or Tormod's Crypt) has no fucking place in a Standard format.

I understand why cards like Abrade cannot exist in Kaladesh so they don't disrupt the vehicle theme and I respect that design choice. However, in the meanwhile cards like Heart of Kiran and Marvel are just so fucking bananas in power level that they dominate above and beyond anything else in the set. If they just toned back the power so that a fucking Mythic symbol didn't denote a free +1/+1 in power and a pile of keywords then it would give other borderline cards a time to shine.

Banning the shit out of strong cards is the "best" thing to do; because it beats the hell out of seeing cards like Rest in Peace. But banning cards should be a rare thing; rare in the sense that there shouldn't be emergencies in the first place to bring out the bans. The problem is that players are just fucking baby shitters that they blame Wizards for fucking up for lack of testing - but they're focusing on the wrong fuck ups; they're not bitching loud enough that this stupid rarity problem (breaking the curve for free P/T and keywords) utterly negates the value of every other goddamn card in the format.
>>
>>54299555
Any 2-mana card in Modern has to slay unconditionally for at least opponent card parity or tempo advantage.

Censor unfortunately does neither reliably.
>>
>>54299620
>Banning the shit out of strong cards is the "best" thing to do; because it beats the hell out of seeing cards like Rest in Peace
Why? Why is it better that your strategy gets beaten by sideboard cards rather than by ban announcements?
Why can't cards like RiP be printed in standard when they're previously existed and saw play within fantastic standard environments? I'll tell you why, it's because overpowered decks that only lose to a handful of cards that can't be main decked are the problem, not the cards that answer them. Magic was not designed for decks like dredge to exist, so you better get used to cards like RiP because it's the only reason the decks you like are even allowed to be printed.
>>
>>54299833
Seeing cards like Rest in Peace take a steaming dump on Innistrad block alongside Deathrite and Ash Zealot just meant that all the graveyard interactions in the previous and current block meant nothing.

Not that it mattered because we were just flickering Thragtusk and casting Sphinx's Rev for 10.

See what I'm saying here? Neutering mechanics like Scavenge and Flashback preemptively and justifying it by saying "remember Dredge" or "remember Affinity" means that we can never ever return to a world where committing to a mechanic where weak cards can work together can be strong. But now the mechanics are never strong enough to begin with so you're just kicking them while they're already down.

And in the meanwhile you are getting nut cards like Resto and Sphinx's Rev and Deathrite that can't be hated out.
>>
>Maelstrom Pulse and Cryptic Command get Invocation reprint
>price goes up on other printings

I love it.
>>
>>54300089
I can't believe that actual reprints signal that the card will not get reprinted again (promo or in volume) for a long time, thus driving up the price.

It's unreal.

I don't even know why people want Maelstrom Pulse at this point. In all the formats there is zero need for it. Except EDH. I can't believe for an unsanctioned format they encourage people to play with real cards.
>>
>>54300040
>But now the mechanics are never strong enough to begin with
Oh, you mean super weak graveyard synergy cards like Emrakul, the Promised End? Good thing we didn't have any cards like Stony Silence in standard or those tier 3 Marvel decks would have been ever weaker.
Mechanics like undying still saw play in standard with RiP, as well as cards like Unburial Rites. Mechanics like scavenge would see as much play as mechanics like embalm do in current standard without RiP.
>complaining about DRS in standard
>>
>>54289946
Is there bigger game than Emrakul?
>>
>>54289946
well he does have madness
>>
>>54289965
Not that I know of, but he seems like he would be pretty spicy in dredge. Turn 3 Reunion, cast him for his madness cost and kill your opponent's goyf
>>
>>54289946
How do you explain a storm crow being able to fully block Emrakul's attack on you
>>
>>54287786
Ruric thar, i know he's 6 mana but theres npt a lot in this meta that kills him. Also essentialy locks deaths shadow out of noncreature spells if he sticks. Chameleon collossus aint bad either
>>
>>54296046
Because tezzerator with whir is better
>>
>>54296150
>>54301469

That's not even tezzerator is it? It's KCI trawler combo splash tezzeret
>>
>>54294058
Ad nauseam.
>>
>>54301331
Because Storm Crow is legend.
>>
>>54296046
>Gets hosed by the literal two most played varieties of sideboard hate in modern
>Best
>>
File: purest waifu.jpg (387KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387KB, 1728x972px
>>54289940
you should probably just git gud instead of metadecking for every pptq.
>statistically X is the best deck so i'll play Z to beat Y because Y is the best against X and i can tune my sideboard for X, but i might lose some percentage to W if i hit that matchup.

>i know how to play every meta matchup for A inside and out and have enough expertise to cover broad-sweep archetype matchups that fall into aggro/control/midrange/combo but aren't specific meta decks.

choose wisely, grasshopper.
>>
File: Armie Buff.png (890KB, 534x1054px)
Armie Buff.png
890KB, 534x1054px
>Want to get into Modern
>Theo only deck I can think off is B/W tokens because I have like 80 % of the cards for the mainboard

What kind of ride am going in for?
>>
File: 1499724853348.png (16KB, 506x519px)
1499724853348.png
16KB, 506x519px
>>54300173
>I can't believe for an unsactioned format they encourage people to play with real cards.

This guy gets it everyone. I'm not going dredge up the Chinaman debacle, but I wholeheartedly agree with this. Why should we pay rape prices to play in a format that's no longer supported by Wizards?

>Oh come on goy, just buy your singles at Star of David Gamesâ„¢ and support their Modern events!
>>
>>54302752
Jesus christ, neck yourself
>>
>>54302817
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>54294753
Leonin Arbiter:
(X) HATE LAND
(Y) SWING 2
(B) GET PUSHED
(A) SARCASTIC
>>
File: I caused that feel.png (152KB, 830x844px) Image search: [Google]
I caused that feel.png
152KB, 830x844px
>>54302859
>Asks what kind of ride he will get for playing an "okay" deck
>Neck yourself
>>
>>54302859
>>
>>54303246
>>54294753

Rule question regarding Leonin Arbiter : does his ability forces you to pay if you use CoCo ? I'm not sure since CoCo says "look at" and not "search". Same question for Aven Mindcensor
>>
>>54302752
Chump block eldrazis for days
>>
>>54303739
Reality Smasher.png
>>
File: big-game-hunter.jpg (33KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
big-game-hunter.jpg
33KB, 277x401px
Picking up a playset of thoughtseize but don't want to drop 100+ on the good lorwyn art. Should I get 4x theros for muh aesthetics or should I mix and match to trigger autists?

>>54303956
That's what this bad boy is for :^)

>>54294663
>>
>>54300491
Marit Lage, buffed Mossbridge Troll depending on how you interpret the buff, or Progenitus.
>>
Is Magic similar to fighting games in the way that I can enjoy watching tournaments even if I don't play?
>>
File: 500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg (35KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg
35KB, 500x389px
>>54304308
>>
>>54304308
Not really. A fun part of watching Magic is pausing the video, asking "what would I do here to win?" and then unpausing to check your answer.
At lot of Magic is knowing the cards each deck runs therefore, and the odds of drawing one at x point in the game. You can't figure this out if you don't follow the game.

>Magic commentators will never be good
I hate it.
>>
>>54304308
It's the complete opposite. It's boring as shit unless you know exactly what's going on.
>>
>>54304249
>Should I get 4x theros for muh aesthetics or should I mix and match to trigger autists?

Trigger the autists.

Also does Big Game Hunter even see play in tokens? The only way I can think off to trigger the madness is with Liliana and even then most tokens don't run her
>>
>>54304249
I play 2 and 2, pulled the two theros ones back in 2013. I feel like people know noone can stand the art of the theros one and intentionally charge almost twice as much for the lorwyn one.
>>
>>54304308
As someone who I plays both, it's really not. If you have a casual interest and know how to play then I think it is enjoyable to watch but if you don't have the context behind certain things happening it's a mess to follow and understand.

Fighting games are easy enough on the surface level that you can show it to your parents and as long as they know what the health bar is they know when a game is close or when there's a blowout and they can tell who is winning. Obviously someone who doesn't play won't know the intricacies, but in Magic everything in competitive play is the intricacies and in the margins.
>>
>>54289968

I was thinking about building ponza and I'll probably pick garruk instead of chandra or 2/2. Thanks for the adivce
>>
I wanna build Abzan CoCo, is the Vizir version that better than the traditional toolkit version ? Also, wouldn't it be better to run more than one sac outlet to combo off more easily ? I mean, if the sear gets seized or something the deck relies pretty much on beatdowns to win. Also, what about running one of Murderous Redcap as a neat Chorde target ?
>>
>>54302817
My store owner has told people that they're welcome to play with proxies in the store so long as they're playing unsanctioned formats and it's not a store event. He's happy to have anybody in the store, playing Magic because then, other people will show up knowing there's people to play with - and play Magic.

Because we're all just here to play fucking Magic.

He insists that if it's a sanctionable format like Standard that we play with real cards even if it's not an event, because you have to show other players that it's important to pay money to support the store's support of the format.

But nobody shows up and it's just bizarre. Saturday or Sunday in the middle of winter; obviously nobody has anything else better to do on their day off and it's just empty. Then I learned that the most prominent players are super vocal in the online FB page about playing with proxies even if it's a fucking format like EDH. They spent boatloads on their fucking EDH decks and it can't be legitimate unless the cards are legitimate. There hasn't been a Legacy tournament in over a decade within 50 miles of our location and yet they still insist whoever wants to throwdown for some casual Legacy that the cards are real.

As a "prominent" player myself I wondered why the fuck shit doesn't happen at the store and why Magic is dying locally all around. And it's because of old fucking grognards who got their Eternal duals for a fucking nickel and insist everyone "invest" full price for those same cards.
>>
>>54305367
>paper legacy

Just play it online
>>
>>54305428
>play online where some faggot will leave you waiting because they're double queuing or drafting while also playing constructed
No.
>>
>>54305367
>And it's because of old fucking grognards who got their Eternal duals for a fucking nickel
Let's be honest, the grognards are only part of the problem there. The other side of the coin are dickass investors who would (and have in the past) flip their shit because their purchase lost value due to a reprint.

Anyone who treats Magic as an investment instead of a game deserves to step on a lego every morning for the rest of their natural lives.
>>
>>54282065

The only format where goblins are allowed is legacy.

>Inb4 muh price

It costs about the same as a tier 1 modern deck and will perform much better than 8whack ever could.
>>
>>54293579
I personally prefer Kalitas to Huntmaster
Grave hate + not dying to bolt really does it for me
>>
>>54305595
Unless they unbanned goblin recruiter while I wasn't looking goblins is tier 3.5 in legacy too
>>
Someone just asked, the used-up whore, Gaby on her stream to comment on the rumors that she cheated on her spouse with LSV. kek
>>
>>54305561
I feel like there MUST be investment involved in the game. Investment in time and money to buy product, play with it, show up to events, and spend time on the Internet getting hyped about new product.

I don't know why the fuck Wizards encourages the stupid-investment you're talking about because it actively works against the good investment people devote to the game. All the stupid-investment and treating each stupid card as bouillon does so much fucking damage to players who just want to love the game. The people who want to win just to win prizes and squeeze more fucking money out of the game are just ruining events and driving away all the newer players with their goddamn rules lawyering.

I rules lawyer all the time but I let them take it back; because I want them to learn and not kick them in the balls for it. But these past pre-releases there are just dipshits sharking all over the place just angleshooting every advantage out of a kid and wanting all their good cards. The kid will eventually learn they traded away a good card for a pile of garbage in the future and it makes them feel bad; sometimes they'll feel bad enough knowing they got ripped off that they won't show back up. I can't believe that the event organizers have to tell everyone there will be no fucking trading because these assholes can't help themselves but try and rip off kids.

I can't believe Wizards has packed the packs full of such garbage; hearing everyone put down every card a new player opens as crap and the sad part about it is that it's true, it's all dogshit. Some 14/15 of all booster contents won't see play outside of Limited. The entire pack is just shit; Pauper doesn't want it nor Cube players.

I will laugh when this game dies. It makes me sick that those retards cosplaying and doing free marketing for Wizards making videos fail to realize how awful the game environment is right now. Reddit with their happy-feel-good circlejerking while the game eats shit.
>>
File: emrakulthetornanus.jpg (171KB, 1280x759px) Image search: [Google]
emrakulthetornanus.jpg
171KB, 1280x759px
Looks like I've decided. Time for the autismal tears to flow.

>>54304718
Kek probably not just memeing. But I'd imagine if you run lilly and/or collective brutality in your build and encounter eldrazi/eldrazitron/tron a lot it wouldn't be terrible. What good hate can you even run for eldrazi that punish/stop kill spells like emmy and r smasher? The only instant speed things that come to mind are stasis snare and discarding BGH but 1WW is pretty backbreaking. Instant speed discard is also pretty rare and BGH doesn't exile. Theres also that 1WW dude who taps to exile himself and another permanent but that's all I can think of. Ghost-quarter+surgical or GQ+crucible to attack their lands seem like the only mana efficient ways of dealing with that flavor of deck and even those aren't that good because they require you to run ghost quarter and to find a two-card combo within the first few turns.

>>54304800
You're definitely right on that one. Lorwyn is scarce but if the general consensus about Theros thoughtseize wasn't so terrible it still wouldn't be anywhere near its current price.
>>
>>54305707
The game is dying and your primary concern is talking about the possibility of a pro cheating on their wife by smashing another pro cheating on their boyfriend.

I'm responding to you to ensure that when the fucking Reddit/Twitch defense squad comes here to see what new poison we've been fermenting they see that we're above your fucking useless drama.
>>
>>54305927
Standard is what's dying. Since Kaladesh dropped it's been one giant clusterfuck after another. Nobody I know actually has enthusiasm for Standard. Meanwhile Modern is booming at my LGS, but that doesn't make too much money for the place.
>>
>>54305974
Even Modern's kind of in a dumb fucking place right now. There may be the illusion of variety, but it basically boils down to Eldrazi/Tron, linear aggro that can outrace Tron's clock, and combos that only care about going off hell or high water. Control in Modern is still a fucking joke, and before you meme on me there's a reason we divide a metagame into Aggro/Control/Combo: because when one of these things is gone a metagame goes straight to shit.

Legacy would be playable if anyone played it, which leaves EDH and limited... and Limited has started going downhill as they've fucked with the block structure. So unless you like EDH (I do, most reasonable people I know do) or you don't really care about game balance, there IS no realistic way to enjoy playing the game anymore.
>>
>>54305974

I WANT to be interested in standard
I WANT to play with garbage like The Scorpion God
I WANT to play a stupid baby Jund Deck with cards from the most recent sets
But I don't have the money to buy singles that will be valueless by the end of the year, and literally no one here in Toronto plays standard as far as I can tell.

I used to fucking love standard back when I started playing. RTR was such a great block for shitbrewing.
>>
>>54306099
>There may be the illusion of variety, but it basically boils down to Eldrazi/Tron, linear aggro that can outrace Tron's clock, and combos that only care about going off hell or high water
and you know, grixis deck shadow, the top deck? unless you think a deck filled with discard, counters and kill spells in linear aggro
>>
>>54306103
Do you also want to get run over by vehicles every other match?
>>
>control is dead
Which is why WU control is seeing more and more play, is thrashing MTGO (check bennyhills list) and was recently moved to tier 1 on tappedout. And while jeskai isn't seeing as much play anymore compared to WU, many jeskai lists are cleaning up at opens and online, including lists running 4 Geists.
>>
>>54306189
No I do not
>>
>>54306103
The difference is that back in RTR we had powerful commons and uncommons that you could throw together. Just look at pic related. Wizards wouldn't DREAM of printing something like this nowadays, and it wasn't even close to busted back then.
>>
>>54306189
Mardu Vehicles runs Heart of Kiran Aethersphere Harvester. That's it. Kiran was a mistake, but Harvester is honestly fine.

I'm more bothered by Ally of Zendikar and Scrapheap Scrounger
>>
>>54306217
control just has a hard time dealing with a changing meta, the longer the top decks settle for the better it gets. People just expect control to be like in legacy where your counters counter everything and your removal hits all types of permanents.
>>
>>54306262
I'm so fucking tempted to build oops all gideons just because I know gideon pisses people off.
>>
>>54305974
Standard dying means everything else is going to die.

It's the fucking keystone species of this entire game. Everybody needs to give a fuck that Standard is dying. You don't need to play it but you need the Standard to ensure that there is fresh blood entering your own pet format.

I understand that Wizards is pushing EDH as "the casual entry level product" but we all know what sort of garbage shitshow EDH has the potential to be. Telling someone to start with EDH is like telling someone that in order to start going to church you've got to read the bible. There are so many ways that starting on EDH is just going to result in players completely baffled that everyone around them is playing with shit they don't have in their own deck (because pre-cons are total shit and players can't self-regulate with power) and they can't seem to win a single game (again, pre-cons suck and players can't tone it down).

Standard or Sealed need to be the premier formats. And the first thing that needs to be done is to make Standard fucking affordable and pre-releases not a hellhole for new players. This past pre-release there was a guy at my store who placed 1st who loudly complained about receiving not enough packs for placing first. They thought they deserved at least half a box but the store owner had distributed the prizing such that the top 50% walked out with at least a pack and 100% of the room walked out with a couple extra promos.

Something has to goddamn change. It's not enough to tell players to voluntarily not be assholes. Something natural has to happen from Wizards to discourage fuckwads from staying in this game. Not every Magic player lives in a college city where people are generally plentiful and composed. In the sticks it's a goddamn mess and those people are online reading about how it's a carnival elsewhere and so they quit.

God there is so much cancer in my community. I left for two years and it just went to shit.
>>
File: Spartz4.png (2MB, 1909x943px) Image search: [Google]
Spartz4.png
2MB, 1909x943px
is Gaby the perfect woman?
>>
>>54306351

Maybe if she actually played competitive formats, yeah.
>>
File: Gabby Spartz.jpg (185KB, 1172x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gabby Spartz.jpg
185KB, 1172x1200px
>>54306351
"""perfect"""
>>
>>54306396
Fun-sized.
>>
>>54306131
DS is an aggro/midrange deck. The flavor of the month having blue doesn't change that.

>>54306351
No.
>>
>>54306396
found the lanklet
>>
>>54306351
Have you seen her in natural light? She has crashed into the wall and now she's forced to settle with an obese nu-male like Luis.
>>
File: pleb.png (151KB, 500x578px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
151KB, 500x578px
>>54306396
>Khaki colored suede shoes with a black suit
>>
>>54306396
Womanlets, when will they learn?
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54279889
Play this
Sac ornithopter
Orni goes back to hand, play it again
Blasting station untaps
Repeat :^)
The combo was from a deck called 'fruity pebbles'
>>
>>54306447
>expecting """professional"""""" card game players to have fashion sense
>>
>>54306262
Scrounger is a downright insane card. The reason all the cards in Kamigawa that had Soulshift sucked was because of how potentially busted the mechanic would have been. Now we have a guy who essentially says "all your dudes have soulshift" and unlike cards from Kamigawa he is actually reasonably costed. He makes Ironworks Eggs a legitimately tough deck to beat, and one that goes off very consistently.

>>54306284
>oops all gideons
I thought we all agreed the deck was called 9Chad

>>54306327
>They thought they deserved at least half a box but the store owner had distributed the prizing such that the top 50% walked out with at least a pack and 100% of the room walked out with a couple extra promos.
Your store owner is a good person. Last event I went to owner only gave out prizes to what essentially amounted to the top 16 players, and there was nearly 70 of us there all packed tightly into the store
>>
File: thot-be-gone.jpg (74KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
thot-be-gone.jpg
74KB, 640x632px
>>54306447
Glad someone else noticed this.

>>54306474
I'm alright with short stacks but that doesn't make her attractive.
>>
>>54302571
What the fuck does this have to do with what I said?

I was saying that anyone who thinks that the lack of Wizards reporting a meta is going to mean people start taking "wacky brews" to official tournaments is a god damn retard.
>>
File: 1b2.png (324KB, 414x459px) Image search: [Google]
1b2.png
324KB, 414x459px
>>54306494
>>
I WANT TO TRY AN ORACLE OF MUL DAYA IN PONZA BUT I'M NOT PAYING 20 FUCKING DOLLARS FUCKING EDH NORMIES STOP RUINING MY GAME RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54304361
>Magic commentators will never be good
>We'll never get a Yipes or a Mike Ross

It hurts
>>
File: 1499388209612.jpg (65KB, 558x419px) Image search: [Google]
1499388209612.jpg
65KB, 558x419px
>>54306564
are EDH players the "Nice Guys" of Magic?
>>
>>54306593
No, they're just the "nice guys," literally the exact same people.
>>
>>54306564
Please anon you're making me think of the good old days back before the secondary market caught on to edh.
>>
>>54306484
>not playing a soul sisters suite with ranger of eos, hangarback, ballista and endless one
>>
>>54306593
EDH players are whales, they're 20% of the population responsible for spending 80% of the money in this goddamn game.

They'll buy anything, build any garbage deck around any commander or theme, pimp their deck, sleeves, and deck box and brag about the most degenerate spending on EDH cubes and their 35+ deck EDH gauntlet.

Guess what, it's not regular players buying Masters product. It's EDH players looking to rip sweet never-before-printed foils. They're the ones buying the Commander decks by the set because against all reason they can find a use for the trash Wizards puts in those things.
>>
>>54305784
Sounds like you just play in a shitty environment.

My local store has none of those problems and it's booming. We've got a new guy every event and more often than not they'll have a great time with us and decide to make it their primary spot for play.

Of course the cards are still shit, that's not going to just change, but the veteran players don't go shitting on new players because of it.
>>
>>54306710
Maybe if Wizards stopped using the shitty booster model, we wouldn't have the problem of not wanting to buy product from Wizards.
>>
>>54306720
Don't discount my experience just because you happen to have it good; it's easy to disregard problems when you don't have to see it. It's like listening to people with their fingers in their ears five years ago ignore the fact that racism is still a big problem when they've never set foot in a place like Oakland. I've been around and Magic only has legs in large cities. For the most part most small or moderate communities are eating shit.
>>
>>54306710
>, they're 20% of the population responsible for spending 80% of the money in this goddamn game.
if you are talking about the secondary market maybe, but it is the Sealed/Limited players who are actually making WotC money.
>>
>>54306720
Not that guy but at my LGS we suffer from the problem of new players not having anyone to play against because a lot of the regulars don't play Standard right now and showing them Modern will instantly kill their interest.
>>
is standard any good these days?

i want to play nicky b in a constructed format
>>
File: elsa-jean_1095836.jpg (64KB, 700x932px) Image search: [Google]
elsa-jean_1095836.jpg
64KB, 700x932px
>>54306870
>regulars don't play Standard right now and showing them Modern will instantly kill their interest.
This happened to me at one of my local game stores. I am a relatively new player, and I went in with a semi-budget Standard deck looking to do some play testing, but everyone was playing either EDH or Modern. Nobody even showed any interest in Standard at all, and at least a few players scoffed at the idea of playing actual creatures.

So they invited me to play EDH and I tried to follow along during the game, but there was so much autistic screeching over keywords and interactions that I was overwhelmed and just left. I just wanted to play my simple Standard deck.

So not only is the financial barrier to entry high in Magic, but the community and social aspect is as well.
>>
>>54306959
You're better off playing him in EDH
>>
>>54306870
Standard has become exactly what Wizards wanted it to be: some variant of RDW slapping itself against another variant of RDW in another color or slamming 8+ power for 5-mana.

Game's just been fucking Zerg vs Dragons for who knows how long.

Tribes, a lazy mechanic but core newbie staple - zero support. You get one block of tribes and 9/10 tribes get zero support next block. Where are the fucking Aetherborn and Dwarves? Oh, it's Cats now. Before it was werewolves and vampires.

I'm just imagining this but I'm pretty sure nobody enjoys getting nailed by a card like Toolcraft Exemplar.

Every fucking DAY that passes Wizards ensures that Hearthstone will cement itself as the quintessential (online) card game - prettier and easier to startup than paper or online Magic. Can you play MTGO on your phone? Fuck no. Why leave home to play Magic when you can play Hearthstone on your phone - who cares if Magic is a better game.
>>
>>54307107
...None of the top decks are RDW so what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>54306959
...I just realized New Bolas lets you play the card you exile off the top FOR FREE
Shit I wanna find a way to play him in modern now. Maximum overjank must ensue.
>>
>>54307137
what he meant is that most top deck are basically colorshifted RDW
>>
>>54307137
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16182&d=299870&f=ST
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16182&d=299872&f=ST
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16182&d=299871&f=ST
Tell me those decks don't dump their hand ASAP so long as they got the mana. Just because it isn't red doesn't mean it can't play the same.

Except instead of being some cheap deck, you get to play with an even more expensive land base and more rares. Wonderful.

Tell me, what part of this deck doesn't just drop the highest CMC card in their hand at the earliest opportunity?
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16147&d=299587&f=ST

I know exactly what I'm talking about.
>>
>>54307107
the main problem IMHO is that Mythic introduced an environment where the difference between good and bad cards, and by extension, between tier 1 and 2 decks, is so great that you might as well not play rather than even try.

Now, good and bad cards are nothing new, but the diffrence between them is wider and wider each new block, most likely so that more boxes can be sold.

But at some point the game will reach a wall where people will simply not bother anymore.
>>
>>54307333
The problem isn't so much mythic rares as it is the powerful cards being pushed into higher rarities in general. And Wizards continues to print terrible cards in the full knowledge of how awful they are.
>>
>>54307400
Indeed, but the introduction of mythic allowed for even more powerfull cards: ex the free value engine that are planeswalker: with a good one, all deck of its color are suddenly better, no question asked.

Add to that how easy it is now to splash between colors with powerfull and costly duals and you have all decks that are crammed with powerfull shit without having to compromise.
>>
>>54307333
I think that's where we are now, with hour being the set with the lowest EV in recent history, and that is even COUNTING masterpieces in the EV.
>>
>>54307536
yep and I'm pretty sure that they wont stop and try to make thing better, but instead push even further and gouge the more hardcore gamers of their money.
>>
>>54307536
Well, the only interesting cards in HOU are some of the mythics and claim//fame. The rest is just eh.
>>
>>54305927
Game is not dying, sky is not falling. Get a fucking grip poorfag.
>>
>>54307696
>standard attendance is at an all time low

:thinking:
>>
>>54307649
that was the point, if the only worthwhile cards are a couple of mythics that will most likely skyrocket in price why even bother.
>>
>>54307733

I'm pretty new to magic groups online, and I hear stuff like this all the time without actually seeing it in my LCS.

Does anyone have any legit source backing this claim up or is it always bullshit? Because it gets tossed around constantly.
>>
>>54307822
hes not talking about LCS events but big events like the Grand Prix.
>>
>>54307822
>I can't see it so it doesn't exist
I didn't know dogs played MTG
>>
>>54307963
>I put words in people's mouths and fuck grapefruit
Anyone can do this.

>>54307931
Didn't Wizards talk about super low modern turnout at tournaments six months ago? Are tournaments doing poorly in general? I wouldn't know, I only see sites like mtgtop8.
>>
>>54308041
they do now, but not always. The last time it was this low was during Cawblade dominance I think
>>
>>54307733
Source fuckboy?
>>
>>54308110
How old are you?
>>
>Magic is dying because the specific way i like to play (autistic draw go control) is no loger viable despite UR control being good in Standard and UW control rising the ranks in Modern. Also M-M-Mythics! Yeah Mythics theyre killing the game despite being a decade old no no its mythics they are ruining everything. Also umm planeswalkers yeah planeswalkers theyre like pushed (despite very few seeing play) and i know what players like to play with and so i can just say that no one likes walkers because i dont like walkers!
>>
>>54308170
Nice bait
>>
>>54308170

lol walkers are suuuuper pushed in standard.
>>
How to make the argument that Magic is dying
>make a dumb argument about control not being good anymore despite evidence to the contrary
>autistically bitch about Mythics despite most Mythics being shit
>bitch about Walkers when again most Walkers are shit
>complain about prize system because you cant top 8 and want things to be communistic
>rambling about how cards have price and how they shouldnt because game store owners should work for free and I deserve everything because im entitled
>>
>>54307822
>>54308110
>>54308041
>>54308170
>>54308233
samefag spotted
Is it really you Maro?
>>
>>54308193
How many walkers see play? Oh thats right fucking 3. Gideon AoZ, Liliana Last Hope, and Chandra ToD are the only walkers seeing substanial play you impotent cunt
>>
>>54308244

I am literally two of those posts and all I did was ask a question. Someone is mad.
>>
>>54308233
>>rambling about how cards have price and how they shouldnt because game store owners should work for free and I deserve everything because im entitled

i really like this game, and i dont think it's "dying" whatsoever. but youre stupid if you think any format staple SHOULD be above 25 dollars. reprints should solve that.
>>
File: everyBRupdate.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
everyBRupdate.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>54308262
Good job then you're only 2/5ths of a retard
>>
>>54308244
No you are just an entitled piece of dicksnot
>>
File: 20000keks.png (533KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
20000keks.png
533KB, 459x612px
>>54308289
Ah and there's the other 3/5ths
>>
>>54308271
Reprints cause stores to lose money. No they should not reprint staples to the ground because fucktarded high school dropouts working at Wendys cant afford good cards.
>>
File: life-goes-on-61032-medium.jpg (29KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
life-goes-on-61032-medium.jpg
29KB, 243x348px
>fatal push goblin guide
>this
2 mana 8 life.
As a burn player I'm a little triggered. What do other people think?
>>
Cards having price is good for the game, it means people are interested and theres demand for the cards. When cards are pennies its because there is no demand, no one is interested. The games where cards are cheap they are cheap for a reason, because no one wants them, no one wants to play.
>>
Cards would be cheaper if booster packs were worth opening. Like seriously does nobody else here remember Courser of Kruphix? That card was expensive as fuck because the set simply wasn't worth opening. I mean seriously, 13/14 cards in a booster aren't worth it right now.
>>
>>54308341
Just play around it :^)
>>
>>54308341
Meh, I mean I dont know many decks that can afford to play this. GDS and JDS wont be, Affinity and Eldrazi Tron cant, The CoCo decks would rather play Finks, and UR Storm cant either, UW control has Timely. Thats like all the top decks right there and I dont see any of them moving to play this card.
>>
>>54308359
Make Commons Great Again.
>>
>>54308309
maybe if snapcaster mage was 20 bucks instead of whatever the fuck it is now id buy it from my local store instead of getting it for cheap from the sickdeals facebook page
>>
>>54308309
>the poor argument

anyone who is actually rich understand that paying such a high price for cardboards is retarded.

Only actual poorfags think that 25$ for a fucking card is in any shape or form something good, since they dont know how to manage wealth anyway
>>
>>54308416
$20 is too low. Whataburger chef here, I haven't spent over $50 on a single card.
Eternal Command for life.
>>
>>54308341
I'm triggered because green is the only color that gets good low cmc life-gain spells. Collective brutality is good against burn but gaining 8 life for 1 mana is cheese in that match up. How does this make you feel?
>>
>>54308341
Get over it, life goes on.
>>
>>54308259

Every constrictor deck plays at least three Nissa voice mainboard. Any deck that worries about longevity and is black sideboards Ob Nixilis Reignited. Chandra Flamecaller isn't played much at the moment but has been in several top8 decks since her printing. Nahiri was big until Emrakul banning. Soren was big in B/W control days.
>>
>>54308391
I guess what I'm worried about is that it makes the deck more vulnerable in general to anything that's not tier 1-2 decks
>>
>>54308443
Burn has consistently been Tier 1 for years. I wish Wizards would print sideboard cards that worked against other Tier 1 decks.
>>
File: 1499823873424.jpg (99KB, 1078x1009px)
1499823873424.jpg
99KB, 1078x1009px
Magic the Gathering is the Republican Party of card games.

Pay to play, only benefits the very wealthy, and populated by manchildren and easily frightened suburban white males.
>>
>>54308485
>Image isn't from BLACKED
This doesn't trip my guilt fetish at all. Delete it and try again.
>>
>>54308481
They don't need to print sideboard cards because they ban cards from other tier one decks every few months now anyways. :^)
>>
>>54308259
and they see play in all deck that can run them. That three universally good cards can see play in any decks is what pushes their prices, and these cards are usually mythics raises their price even more.
>>
>>54308359

Back in the Onslaught days, Goblin Piledriver, an uncommon, was $14.

Goblins wasn't even some super omnipresent deck you had to be afraid of.
>>
>>54308512
Consider yourself lucky that Bolt will never be banned then :^)
>>
>>54308526
famous last words :^)
>>
>>54308537
Lightning Helix will no longer be the worst card in the deck :^)
>>
willing to bet every poorfag in this thread is from commiefronia.

>tfw own 3 all hallows eve and a chains
>still running modern burn
>make 70k a year

get a good job before playing mtg you neets
>>
>>54308475
Shitbrews generally fold to Burn and Eldrazi Tron hard so i wouldnt worry.
>>
File: stillbetter.jpg (11KB, 232x172px) Image search: [Google]
stillbetter.jpg
11KB, 232x172px
>>54308481
Good point I don't play burn so I never really thought about it but we've gotten like 4 burn sideboard cards in the past few blocks and practically nothing (All I can think of is that 3R devoid spell that does what ghost quarter+surgical does for 2 life and a land) else. I would love some land destruction bellow 3 cmc (or god forbid a wasteland-like land that doesn't suck.) But apparently thats heresy now.

>>54308485
Tumblr is that way friendo.
>>
>>54308703
willing to bet your one of those fags participating in those stupid buy outs before wizards abolishes the reserve list.
>>
>>54308485
You lost get over it snowflake. Maybe Bernies still got a shot in 2020 if hes not dead or in a wheelchair.
>>
yo nigga who got dat kithkin tribal list
>>
>>54308703
what does that have to do with california
>>
>>54308703
Commies are the fucking worst. Entitled to everyone elses shit.
>>
File: baitzadusto.jpg (28KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
baitzadusto.jpg
28KB, 625x626px
>>54308703
>anime girl picture
>that entire post
kek'd heartily
>>
>>54308703
Wow anon, three all hallows eves and a chain? That is really impressive!
>>
>>54308732
yea, so what? also wizards probably won't get rid of it. If they do the orginal printing won't really lose value, just look at the p3k versions of certian cards vs the edh reprints on tcgplayer. your argument is invalid.
>>
>>54308760
>entitled
There's that word again...

Who gave you the authority to own anything? Oh, that's right, no one. You took everything you claimed, and you took it through force, exploiting and abusing others to get your way.
For shame.

And you think I'm wrong for dreaming of a better system.
>>
>>54308769
Wow is that a Jojo reference?!?!
>>
This thread is fucking cancer
>>
>>54308754
most little shits who bitch all the time are from the west coast.

I just hate california the most of all.
>>54308769
:^)
>>
>>54308811

What decks have you been playing recently, anon? I've been playing Elves and Taking Turns.
>>
>>54308811
We're getting raided by the EDH and Custom Card fags again.
>>
>>54308810
Good question. Still trying to figure it out myself to be honest.

>>54308811
When are they not cancer? If anything this is one of the more lulsy modern generals I've seen in a while.
>>
>>54308703
>Chains of Mephistopheles

never understood why the fuck that thing was so much.

it's not used in anything at all so why is it 400 dollars?
>>
Reminder that all SaffronOlive does is point out through example that there's a lot more ways to win games in Modern than copying the top 8 of GPs. His mono B budget deck was beating good decks and had plenty of room for improvement.
>>
>>54308873
>printed in legends
>as a rare

There is your answer. This fucking guy is not used in anything either and is 14$
>>
>>54308873

All reserved cards are inflated for no fucking reason.

None of the Fallen Empires cards on it matter at all.
>>
>>54308883
That budget mono B deck isn't going to be consistent enough to deal with all the high powered varied lists you'd see in the 15 rounds of a GP though.

If it was someone would be running it.
>>
>>54308873
Same as All Hallows Eve and most other rares from legends and old sets that are so high, merely collector's items.

unless they're used in vintage of course.

and since roughly 500-1000 real ones exist yes they will be expensive. mtg print runs in the 90's where short and mtg wasn't popular like it is today even by it's standards now.
>>
File: 1499786613133.jpg (64KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1499786613133.jpg
64KB, 1024x683px
>>54308703
>>54308723
>>54308740
get a load of these flyover fags buttmad because they continue to vote red even though their states are in shambles.

name ONE (1) positive thing that your state has contributed to the country.

Go ahead, I'm waiting.
>>
>>54308936
This.
>>
>>54308946

We invented the runza.
>>
File: 1499151079890.png (92KB, 565x456px) Image search: [Google]
1499151079890.png
92KB, 565x456px
>>54308946
>implying Florida is a flyover state
>mfw we voted red
>>
>>54308894
This p much. Any interesting or even slightly playable cards in are a ridiculous amount. I remember I ordered Adun Oakenshield for like 35 and got an italian Angus Mackenzie. Nutted.
>>
>>54309001
also we have the hottest bitches during the summer, miami is kick ass.
>>
>>54308946
>get a load of these flyover fags
You'll get some (you)'s with this but the picture mad it too obvious what you're trying to do. That coupled with the fact this is pretty common bait lowers the score quite a bit.

All in all I'm feeling a light 5 to a strong 4 on this.
>>
>>54308946
>implying I even live in the shithole that is america
I live in canada though so its actually worse
California is literal trash though
>>
>>54308909
>If it was someone would be running it.
This mindset right here is exactly the problem. I'm not saying everything is magically viable, but that the difference between top decks and well constructed decks isn't as big as you've led yourself to believe.

Remember when Bloom Titan was some fringe combo deck? Then people realised it was the best deck in Modern. The same happened with Grixis Death's Shadow. Hell, people were SURE that Jund with Tarmogoyf and Traverse was the perfect home for Death's Shadow. I mean if Gurmag Angler was better, SOMEONE would've already been running it right?

If a deck has a plan and the numbers seem to line up, then it's probably going to do alright. I've performed well against the tier 1 decks at my LGS with multiple brews. Mardu midrange, Molten Vortex control, Gravestorm, UW hatebears, Esper midrange. Plenty of thought went into the decks and they won games because of it.

It almost feels as if once you have certain cards checked off the list in your deck (Thoughtseize/Inquisition, Bolt, Path, Push, Serum Visions), you can get away with a LOT of shit.
>>
>>54308883
Reminder that Saffron Olive plays exclusively in casual heads up queues against tier 17 shitbrews and is also illiterate
>>
>>54309085
>He doesn't realise that people tryhard to fuck in casual games!
>>
>>54309085

>I'm mad that Saffron Olive is popular

Pretty pathetic desu
>>
>>54309069
If you think California is trash there's plenty of places in America you won't want to step foot in.

It's not the best but it's very decent. Too hot and fuck earthquakes but 6/10 wouldn't be against moving there for a job.
>>
>>54309074

This is true to a certain extent, but tiers are real and do matter.

If you're going to build a deck for a tournament then you should be building something you think will win the tournament. That's probably not a brew unless you're some kind of idiot savant and have unlocked the holy grail.

The only thing legitimizing your claim is that the holy grail does get unlocked once in a blue moon.
>>
>>54309140
I now California has loads of tech jobs but other than that and Starbucks Baristas, is there really lots of opportunities over there? Around where I am the economy has stagnated like fucking crazy and housing prices have gone up through the roof.
>>
>>54309154
It's not that I think someone could magically whip up a format breaking deck, it's that brews can compete on equal footing with the top decks. If you can average a 50% win rate against the field, then your deck is great.
>>
>>54309140
Don't forget the cost of living and tons of Mexicans depending on where you are in the state. Not to mention it can be overly liberal depending where you are.
>>
>>54309202

If you actually think your brew nets a 50% win rate against top decks in a tournament setting then only two things are possible:
-You are a great player who should be playing a T1 deck to win the whole tournament, not your brew
-Your brew that you stumbled onto with only your FNM playtesting to tweak it is actually an unlikely God's gold. Also you aren't likely to ever create such an important deck for the rest of your life.

For real, you're overrating yourself.
>>
>>54309197
California has an economy whose output is equivalent or greater than most western European countries.

Of course there are opportunities, provided you have the education and/or skills required.
>>
>>54309244

Ah yes, compared to the overly conservative entire south, which is also humid as fuck and people smell like shit as they waddle down the sidewalk.
>>
>>54308946
Ik it's bait but
>Muh flyover state
I live in a state that's far from a flyover and it's a fucking shithole. It's also full of shitbag neoliberals just like the character you've created.
Not a flyover =/= Nice place to live
>>
>>54308883
Credit to his efforts but all he does is perpetuate the myth that this shit is affordable. And it isn't.

>room for improvement
You mean it could use Liliana of the Veil?

See the problem there? We all know exactly what it needs without even looking at the list.

Sure, admittedly the majority of us aren't serious grinders or playing at the top level. At the same time, there is no fucking reason why a single piece of cardboard costs more than a video game; or a deck should cost more than a kayak.

I'm not saying SaffronOlive is an idiot. However, the vast majority of people like him at a store are fucking idiots. They're just not good at the game and they push their stupid homebrew garbage on unsuspecting new players telling them about all those one times it crushed at FNM. And that does new players to the format a disservice; it means they've learned wrong and have all the wrong expectations and benchmarks. Basically they realize later they've been fooled just like we've all been lied to that Intro Deck are good starter product.

This is fucking Modern and the people joining should be shown what to expect. And there's just no place to sugar coat the fact that the format is fucking irrationally expensive unless you're some asshole looking to unload garbage cards.
>>
>>54309140
All of my family is moving out of Ca for better job opportunities, you're fucked esse.
>>
File: 1098102346.png (510KB, 770x789px) Image search: [Google]
1098102346.png
510KB, 770x789px
>>54309244
Back to r/LeDonald
>>
>>54309244
Cost of living is higher sure but so is the standard of living. Would be perfectly fine paying more to live in California than in Montana.

Personally couldn't care less about the minority population, granted I've lived in cities all my life. I'm sure that could be a culture shock from someone coming from a different background than my own.

As for being overly liberal, if the worst thing I have to deal with is having transgenders in my bathroom that is by far preferable to the parts of the country that are trying to legislate to the Bible.

>>54309304
It probably depends on the field, I know plenty of people going west out of college to LA or Silicon Valley.
>>
>>54309277
South is shit too desu Yank for life
>>
>>54309336

Name one reason you wouldn't want to live in Montana.

Something substantive. "I want a city" isn't relative to standard of living.
>>
>>54309085
Not a massive fan but when I do watch him it's usually against on-meta decks.

>>54309202
There's some truth to that. A lot of good Brewers don't want to put their balls on the table. Hence why DS wasn't a thing until like last year.
>>
>>54309304
You have to go back Pedro
>>
>>54309382
On a basic level? It's cold in the winter. Standard of living might be the wrong terminology, but I would pay more to live in a more densely populated area with more things to do. A beach is also a plus. I am perfectly fine with paying more for these things, as are most people.
>>
>>54309382
>Name one reason you wouldn't want to live in Montana
Literally no jobs, have to drive for an hour to go to the store, shitty Marlboro Man culture perpetuated by salty old ranchers, absolutely nothing to do unless you enjoy living on a farm.

I'm sure that it's a nice place to visit, but I'll stick to living in a city.
>>
>>54309424
Im midwestern, theyre fleeing their dead hippie dreams after their kids became burnouts. My uncle realized spending 1/4th of your money commuting means you arent actually earning 60 dollars an hour so he moved to CO, where the future of american innovation is.
>>
File: rwdt.png (20KB, 1001x245px)
rwdt.png
20KB, 1001x245px
please stop posting about politics on /tg/, this is where i go to get away from all that shit.
also criticize my RW D&T shitbrew
>>
>>54309461

The first two of those isn't true (LOL Marlboro Man culture isn't even a real thing, just your fantasy) and the third is just you handwaving while not answering the question I asked.

Every state has college towns the give you the banal distractions you are obviously asking for.

>>54309434

Most people aren't, the 70s and 80s are over.

>>54309474

This. Silicon Prairie is a thing. My hometown has a whole entertainment district built around tech firms. It's Nebraska.
>>
>>54309591

>>54309591

>>54309591

New thread
>>
>>54309461
>shitty Marlboro Man culture perpetuated by salty old ranchers
Literally impossible to start in the farm business. Unless you have some ridiculously niche product that you can sell to restaurants but where the fuck are you going to get the horticultural experience for that without going to college?

All those salty old ranchers sold their farms to the big corporations or bought each other out to form mega-farms that make it impossible for anybody to compete against without million-dollar engines of dirt-fucking.

They tell stories of making it work through hard work except they won't tell you that they hire slave-labor thinking that because they made a nickle and hour back in the day then $8/hour is good enough for a kid or a wetback. There's nothing Marlboro Man about their lifestyle anymore; cowboys only exist to compete, cattle ranching is a science, and the only horse they ride is a big fucking truck that has an HD TV in the back of every seat. I went to a "farm" once and it was like the fucking Playboy mansion.
>>
>>54309566

>live in Nebraska (admitting Omaha, the only place in that god-forsaken state that's even heard of a computer)
>claims to know what it's like living in Montana

Really activates my almonds
>>
>>54309566
Here's the only answer you need: because I don't want to live in that environment and am happier living in a city.

If that is not a sufficient answer for you then I don't know what to tell you. You keep enjoying your isolation, I'll keep enjoying the diversity that large cities have to offer.
>>
>>54309697

One of the top recent tech firms in America started in Lincoln: Hudl.

Again, nice handwaving about computers and shit. Everyone in America has computers everywhere, that's why it's laughable when people think they have some special culture that no one else in America has access to.
>>
>>54306797
I live in Bumfuck, Mississippi you literal retard. It's not the fucking game's fault that the people you decide to regularly spend time with are a bunch of assholes.
>>
>>54309793

>Hudl
>""""""top"""""" tech firm

I'll always be amazed at how obsessed Nebraskans are with football when they aren't any good at it.
>>
>>54306962
I mean EDH is literally the containment format where we send all of the mouth breathers like >>54306797
>>
>>54308309
>either the worst bait or the most retarded individual

High prices HURT game stores. No one is going to go to their lgs and pay $160 for a play set when they could get it cheaper online. More reasonable prices mean more sales, better EV in packs means more sales, more sales mean more players, more players means higher event attendance.

Seriously this is basic shit.
>>
>>54308740
>or in a wheelchair
>arguably one of the greatest presidents the country has ever had was in a wheelchair

I mean, I guess you had to throw in that arbitrary jab for literally no reason other than to make yourself look more like an idiot
>>
>>54310170
>fdr
>gretatest presidents
Loving every laugh
>>
>>54309537
Take out the Mesas and max out on Inspiring Vantage, Sacred Foundry, etc. You don't want any Fetches in an Arbiter deck. Also, Bolt and Helix are pretty shitty as removal these days with so many Shadows and Eldrazi running around.
>>
>>54305367
Thanks for anecdotal evidence anon, I feel validated.

>inb4 getting self-worth from faggots on the internet

In the end it's a children's card game, and I find it silly that this crowd of 'speculators' and 'investors' are the most vocal (and butthurt) about anything having to do with reprints, or proxies.

>hurr durr muh investment

I've had friends who have been scared away by the cost of playing the game even though they really truly enjoyed playing it.

Standard is an entirely different situation, and it's where most shops make their money, so obviously proxies are a no-go there.
>>
>>54309044
I am fairly sure that Texas has a warmer climate and better hispanics.
>>
>>54303690
It does not. You aren't searching your library for a card simply looking at the top couple and then following the cards affects.
Thread posts: 403
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.