[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1591: Astolfo Positivity Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 66

File: jumpchain intro pdf.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain intro pdf.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>54116208
>>
>>54128372
Reminder that Astolfo is best waifu, hands down.
>>
File: Rider_of_Black.png (3MB, 1598x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Rider_of_Black.png
3MB, 1598x2400px
>>54128372
I know Val and I have companioned Astolfo, has anyone else? If so, why?
>>
>>54128385
who that is a funny way of saying jibril
>>
>>54128411
I have not, because I have a standing policy to never take as a companion anyone from Earth's mythology or history. But he does tempt me to break my rules.
>>
>>54128411
I got THIS close to companioning him. Astolfo is a nice ray of sunshine.
>>
>>54128414
That's a funny way of spelling Samus.
>>
File: Serenity.png (1MB, 994x1406px) Image search: [Google]
Serenity.png
1MB, 994x1406px
Rolled 414 (1d816)

Jump topic, yadda yadda, etcetera etcetera

>>54128411

Right now, no. Main chain's mostly gonna be importing companions.

Wren's chain however, he might. First Servant however's going to be pic related. If there's no other Companion by the time a fourth Fate/ comes along, maybe.
>>
>>54128450
good choice sir but one is for genocide and absolute crazy the other is for explosion
>>
>>54128460
I recommend poison immunity. That and giving poor Serenity the ability to turn her poison off.
>>
>>54128522
>I recommend poison immunity.

Got it handled.

>ability to turn her poison off.

That... is actually a concern, huh? Do you think Toggle from Young Justice might be able to work on it?
>>
>>54128450
Samus is for being your little sister.
>>
>>54128549
ONEESAMA!

>>54128411
Speaking of him, any eta on FGO?
>>
>>54128487
But anon, explosions are awesome. A waifu who brings explosions everywhere she goes is double awesome.
>>
>>54128549
>not both
>>
>>54128557
>Wanting to give Ridley something else he can hurt Samus over.
>>
>>54128568
Even if you waifu your little sister, you have to remember that she's your little sister first and foremost.
>>
>>54128570
>not violently butchering Ridley at the first possible moment for hurting your sister like that.
>NOTHING LEFT TO CLONE, SPACE PIRATES.
>>
>>54128561
true but can she bring crazy in to the special dungeon i think not
>>
What methods are there to grant a person your perks that don't involve long periods of adaptation to them like with Sacrificial Bestowment? Emphasis on "a person", this would be for a single person at a time. I want to be able to create a protagonist out of a nobody, the whole zero to hero thing, and the narrative logic that many perks offer would help with that. I admittedly could do that through fate-warping magic, too, but I'd prefer to be able to grant access to fiat so that's just what their life is like, now.
>>
>>54128570
In my defense, we were somewhat estranged due to me being a crime lord.
>>
>>54128570
>Not teaming up to get revenge for your murdered family together, bonding as siblings along the way.
>>
>>54128411
I thought about it since I don't have a trap in my harem.
>>
File: war_by_zombpunk.jpg (380KB, 666x663px) Image search: [Google]
war_by_zombpunk.jpg
380KB, 666x663px
Travelers,
what kind of wars have you propagated single handedly?

No I care not for the whelps you recruit, nor the feeble kingdoms you have allied with...

When have you forged great armies of megalithic constructs to sunder nations? When have you birthed armies of brothers or sisters to fight in your stead? And when have you thrown your hat into a major war unexpected by the powers that be?

Tell me about the ashes.
>>
>>54128662
there's no ashes, all we leave behind when we get violent are hydrogen and oxygen, a ball of gas that may or may not form a new star.
>>
>>54128603
Just give them the power your perk is based on senpai.
>>
File: dVltJS2.png (168KB, 704x763px) Image search: [Google]
dVltJS2.png
168KB, 704x763px
>>54117478
>I'm not sure how to feel about the implication there that being Jumper makes you like God...

Well by its more like being a Drop-In would make you the only living thing that wasn't created by God. That and the whole Drop-In tree is based on him.

>Exactly how much in your likeness are we talking here? And do you just mold them out of dirt or have to make them out of your rib?

The first one, the perk's fluff is not complete so I did not add that part.

>Since you are not, in fact, the will of God it should probably be able to be able to be put out by things other than your will. Just very tricky to.
Point taken.

>Also, double damage is very hard to define when you're not talking about a video game, does it cut people twice?
I meant it as your attack does as much damage as if you had attacked twice. Using your example cutting someone evil would do as much damage as if you had cut him twice in the same spot. Maybe I should change it to something more specific.

>>54117559
>The stuff about Jumper being from outside of creation makes me feel like Drop-in should get a perk based around not having original sin, but I have no idea what that would even do.

Maybe it makes you resistant to corrupting forces since you are born without sin? The concept and consequences of the original sin differ too much from people to people and it is rather vague.
>>
>>54128740
But I'm not trying to give them powers, I'm trying to give them fiat changes to their narrative. Like that perk from Kamen Rider Kabuto that turns you into the main character and makes everything interesting going on happen to you.
>>
>>54128758
Why not give him the confidence, skill, and charisma to make that a reality?
>>
>>54128790
I can do that. I suppose it was a bad example. Okay, more like the Magnetic Destiny perk in Her BBS that means you keep meeting interesting and powerful people through sheer chance. I could set that up behind the scenes, but I'd prefer that this was an emergent process I could watch and be entertained by. Playing Jump-chan, so to speak.
>>
>>54128825
Sounds like a job for Fate magic. Sidereals and Mage: the Awakening have some of the best.
>>
In the Warhammer Fantasy Orks and Goblins jump do the Orks that you buy through the army option continue to create the spores that spawn more Orks? Can we just fanwank and say that it's turned off?

I'd rather not leave a plague of Warhammer Orks on a world whenever I need to bust out an army.
>>
>>54128991
Yes, I'm aware. I already said, I don't want it to be me using fate magic. I want something fiat-powered, so no one can look at the threads of fate or whatever and go "oh, you've clearly been blessed by something". And don't start on perks that make it easier to conceal your magic. Those are nice but not what I'm looking for.
>>
>>54128557
Hopefully not longer then next month. Writing pretty fast so I should start getting through everything but that and Dies Irae by the end of this month and while I do plan to claim one more thing next month, Go and DI come first.

So basically next month, provided everything goes well.
>>
>>54129034
> I want something fiat-powered, so no one can look at the threads of fate or whatever and go "oh, you've clearly been blessed by something"
whats the difference
>>
>>54129040
Oh, hey Valeria, I hope that the whole inheritance thing worked out alright for you.
>>
>>54129054
I believe it did, just need to finalise some stuff. Thanks for the well wishes anon.
>>
>>54128603
If you just want them in the spotlight while you're around to see it happen, Golden Chains from SMITE or Lip Service from Medaka Box can probably do it.
>>
Is there any perks that increase creativity?
>>
>>54129018
I don't think WHFB orcs even make spores.
>>
>>54129089
"ARE there any perks that increase creativity?"
or
"Is there any PERK that INCREASES creativity?"
>>
>>54129107
They do. Used to be they reproduced like regular organics, but after 40k they turned Fantasy orks and goblins into fungal creatures.
>>
File: 294px-Reinhard_8.jpg (53KB, 294x220px) Image search: [Google]
294px-Reinhard_8.jpg
53KB, 294x220px
>>54129061
>need to finalise some stuff
What gauge knife are you going to use?
>>
File: IMG_1113.png (174KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1113.png
174KB, 500x458px
>>54128758
I don't recall anything abstract enough to do that with actual perks, but the closest that come to mind are:

1. Stacking Talecrafting from Changeling the Lost with something like Sage of the Forest from Hero BBS, to give the new hero some extra narrative momentum

2. Spirited and Deal With The Devil form Ghost Rider to exchange some of your own heroic provenance to the beneficiery, and make it seem like he always had it. Reminder: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CONTRACTS lest he walk off with your power. Like the ghost riders did to poor old Mephisto.

Twice.

3. The Flask Plan from Medaka Box, since certain Skills include manipulating something like the force of shounen protagonism

>>54128662
That sums up the Glorft's invasion campaign. Coop was out of town and needed to borrow the Megas, so I used my elemental monarch powers to sculpt flame atronach-like bodies so my Cosmic Fire could watch my back.

We hit the mothership first, since everything being on fire provided more fire for me to sculpt flame-artillery and flame-bombs out of. While she engulfed the engines, I went through the databanks to make their artillery fire on each other. After that, I fell back to maintain the dimension anchors and watching the army burn and suffocate trying to fight fire with lasers.

The ash was a 3:2 ratio between alien alloys and carbon, I guess? Lots of impurities. We found that out after me trying to shower off the stuff clogged the plumbing for a month.
>>
File: blu.jpg (151KB, 850x862px) Image search: [Google]
blu.jpg
151KB, 850x862px
>>54129161
>Thinking I'd still need a knife when I just need to finalise things
All I need is a shovel and some deep dirt plots.
>>
>>54129089
I think the lego jump has one.
>>
File: gilgamesh smile.jpg (35KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh smile.jpg
35KB, 225x350px
>>54129227
Val, I have a drawback idea.

Three words: Frequent Chaldea Maintenance.
>>
>>54129265

You devil !!!
>>
File: crying charizard.gif (649KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
crying charizard.gif
649KB, 500x317px
>>54129230
>tfw it'll never get split into Lego Movieverse and Lego Themes
>>
>>54129227
Man I need this smug old bastard in my chain. There's not enough smug levels in my party.
>>
>>54129227
Does Bretonnia’s Raised by the Faeries get disrupted by any form of habitation, or would having a house in the woods not affect it?
Also, what can the magic in Warhammer Fantasy do in terms of non-combat uses?
>>
>>54129345
>It will never allow you to summon infinite foot-seeking legos.
>>
>>54129345
Who made the Lego jump anyway?
>>
>>54129408
Wakfu Anon.
>>
>>54129382
>the "stepped on a lego" meme

It's not even that good a drawback.

>>54129412
Didn't he do all the lego stuff we have except Bionicle?
>>
>>54129265
How could I not.

>>54129374
A house in the woods, if it's just you and your students, is fine. A small number of houses probably isn't.

Not all that sure, didn't pay much attention to that side of the lore.
>>
>>54129382
Sounds like a Post-Spark reward.
>>
>>54129422
It's not a meme, it happened to me once.
>>
Has anybody had a chance to customize their Digimon forms from jumps like Cyber Sleuth and Tamers?

Having some trouble with mine, have it down to at least the Names for the different forms, but unsure how the hell thematics work.

>>54129422
Yes, he did.
>>
>>54129422
I thought someone else did Ninjago?
>>
>>54129422
We have more than one lego jump?
>>
>>54129443
Nope. Before he left, Wakfu had been griping about Ninjago's recent developments.
>>
>>54129438
My advice is to think like your twelve year-old self. Think of something that you think is good/badass and just fucking do it, don't wring your hands and try and make it sensible. Hell, don't even bother if it changes your body. Go from biped to quadraped, from male to female, furry to waifu, robot to organic and back again, all of this happens in digimon regularly.
>>
>>54129482
>My advice is to think like your twelve year-old self.

God damn it but my 12-year-old self had the shittiest taste tho.
>>
>>54129498
You don't have to regress in taste, just apply the same thought process you did to stuff you thought up when you were twelve. You know, the whole "KATANAS ARE BADASS AND SO ARE GUNS SO I'M GOING TO MAKE A BADASS GUNKATANA WIELDING GRIM REAPER WHO PLAYS SICK GUITAR!" line of thinking.
>>
>>54129457
>something something genies
>something something ghosts
>something something speed is an element

At least I think that's what he said? This was while he was working on an update, right?
>>
>>54129515
There was shit like genies before that. I think his griping was more "HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SPIN TIME."
>>
>>54128662
> No I care not for the whelps you recruit
Well then, you don't care. And neither do I. Because the thing about it is, when I create an army wholesale, under my own power, by the very nature of "I created them", they are disposable. I don't care if they die. They exist only to act as a wad of matter to act as a shield or a hammer, and there is nothing else.
There's no grand strategy. Orders are "sit here and defend" or "go here and smash". And I might as well be an Ork's warboss for all the tactical acumen I'm applying.
It is a game. I am doing this because it is fun.

But, while we're on the subject, you wanna know what's really annoying? When they actually try anyway.
You have no idea how tedious it is when some Beastmen actually thinks to study tactics and try advising me. Or when a goat starts asking me to justify my tactics.
It's like... I made you in a lab! You are beyond replaceable! Just be quiet and try not to screw up too badly!
If I ACTUALLY wanted to do something, I'd do it myself, instead of asking some no-name catboy I cobbled together for eyecandy. You think I need this? I'm like, 77% MADE of magic. I can fart a better attack than your whole area of serial numbers could ever dream of.

If I'm actually trying, I'll work with the populations and guide them. I try to make the world better as it currently exists!
As it is, you were never meant to exist in this world at all, Teddy. I could really care less about what you do in it.
>>
>>54128662
Militarized Nanoha-Earth, launched a coup to puppet the TSAB with a core of Earthers and loyalists, went full Committee of Public Safety to rip out the corruption and weakness, then turned it loose on the neo-Belkans.

The Belkan language is spoken only in hell.
>>
>>54129511
...Cannons.

My chest is a cannon. My arms and legs are cannons. My fingers and toes and face and mouth are cannons.

My name shall be Cannonmon, and my signature attack is 'Everywhere' because thats what I end up hitting.

Is this 12 enough, or am I also an angel type digimon with cannon wings?

...Actually, no, I'm definitely an angel type with cannon wings.
>>
>>54129548
There's already a very similar Digimon funny enough. His body is guns.
>>
File: delet this for him.png (374KB, 934x672px) Image search: [Google]
delet this for him.png
374KB, 934x672px
>>54129553
Pic related?
>>
>>54129265
Is FGO supposed to have a lot of maintenance issues? I haven't noticed any.
>>
>>54129548
Do your cannon wings have cannon feathers?
>>
>>54129559
Exactly
>>
>>54129553
>>54129559
No, his body is /a/ gun. My body is /all the cannons/.
>>
>>54129520
It's right in the theme song, you just jump up, kick back, whip around, then spin. Then you jump back and do it again.
>>
File: building fury.gif (3MB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
building fury.gif
3MB, 250x243px
>>54129560
Soon. You will realize.
>>
>>54129572
That's fine. Now decide what you digivolve to.
>>
>>54128662
A galaxy far, far away was not expecting Brutally Efficient Self-Replicating Mechanisms of War.

Neither were the Reapers, or the Covenant, or Kane or the Scrin, or the Go'auld, or... actually, ever since jumping Supreme Commander, a LOT of places have not been expecting their new Von Neumann Overlord.
>>
>>54129586
>reapers weren't expecting not!reapers
wot?
>>
File: dancing ditto.gif (391KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
dancing ditto.gif
391KB, 500x388px
>>54129608
NO ONE EXPECTS THE MIRROR MATCH
>>
>>54129563
In the same sense that I have cannon arms and fingers, yes.

>>54129584
I wanna say that that's my... Ultimate? Second from the top.

My mega is probably Lasercannonmon, which as you can guess, stops shooting actual cannonballs(and grapeshot and other stuff) and starts shooting lasers.

My burst mode is Lasercannonmon Double Mode, where I clone myself, one of me turns into a fuckhuge gun, and I shoot the other me for explosions everywhere.
>>
>>54129633
You never decided what you look like, silly.
>>
>>54129617
hide your kids hide you waifus cause ____________.
>>
>>54129650
being married is illegal
>>
>>54129265
Yes, let your inner Gilgamesh out young moth!
~satisfied dragon sigh
>>
>>54129646
I look like cannons? Lots of them.
>>
>>54129663
I mean Lasercannonmon. You're going to look different. Digimon is almost never so lazy as to make a digivolution look very similar to the form before it.
>>
>>54129653
not if your priest is jumpchain your best man is (the king in yellow) and you bring a giant inflatable turducken.
>>
>>54129674
Oh. Lasercannonmon is similar to Cannonmon, except she trades out piratey looking cannons for more scifi looking ones. So, the primary difference is that she went from circular to triangles and squares with tron lines.
>>
For jumpers doing writefagging for their chains, how much have you written in total?
Trying to work up the motivation to start is hard when early chain is so boring.
>>
>>54129740
I have written up every single jump for my current chain. It's an interesting experiment in terms of creative writing, although there have been occasional jumps where I've written only a couple of sentences for each build, and others... I've wanted to write far, far more than would be reasonable in less than a half dozen posts, with more that WANTS to be written but no real room for it.

I encourage you to try it, if you have any doubts. Look at drawbacks as obstacles to be overcome, give it a shot with a couple of jumps. Once you get in the swing of things it ends up being easier than you'd think.

Or at least it is for me, since I'm writing up #373 right now.
>>
>>54128590

I know there are perks that let you kill things normally unkillable, but is there any perk that prevents any kind of resurrection?
>>
>>54129740
About 200 pages so far.

At least 30 of those are actual plot.
The rest are smut.
BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY GOD DAMN SHIT I HAVE THE INSPIRATION TO WRITE.
IS GODDAMN _SMUT_.
>>
>>54129775
Don't worry, my hobby is writing and editing smut. You're among friends.
>>
File: 1466269187307.png (51KB, 457x425px) Image search: [Google]
1466269187307.png
51KB, 457x425px
>>54129740
My current chain and the first 100 jumps officially clocked in at about 100k and 365 pages, though note that is including builds. I have been writing it nonstop since...May? April? I don't even remember when I started. Some were short. Some were long and took up 5-10 pages.

My biggest advice is to have a central theme in mind, or some sort of gimmick your chain can roll with. A vanilla Jumpchain works too, but generally do jumps in an order you feel makes sense and fits whatever narrative your building.

For me, this is focusing in the micro-scale and the personalities and actions of individual characters, and leading up to the end results of that. I have a very 'human' personality and mindset for most of my characters, and while that makes them easy to empathize with, the characters themselves regularly encounter challenges caused by the scale of Jumpchain. Not to mention the unending 'adapt or die' circumstances.

Oh, and because this advice worked for me - don't default to a cruel or sociopathic (or at least unstoppable) benefactor, unless you have a way to keep it from being emotionally draining to write.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (853KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
853KB, 2560x1440px
>>54128372

I think Factorio is pretty much done.

https://pastebin.com/0nxQcrZ0
>>
>>54129740
About 40K words of various abandoned chains.
Working making a sort of GURPS-like adaptation right now, so I can autism properly.
>>
>>54129771
Most of the perks that let you kill the unkillable?
>>
>>54129775
If it's any consolation that's the only thing i can focus on long enough to write much of either
>>
>>54129794
Such arrogance won't get you far here. It's done when the thread says it's done.
>>
>>54129740
>Trying to work up the motivation to start is hard when early chain is so boring
I hear you. The biggest obstacle for me in writefagging my chain is that I can't be bothered to go back and write something for the early parts or the jumps for settings I don't know much about. I'm half tempted to do an in media res thing and just skip the first 10 or so jumps, or leave them as flashback fodder.
>>
File: jc1.jpg (30KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
jc1.jpg
30KB, 250x353px
>>54129740
I honestly have no idea. I have a couple of stories from way back on my pastebin, but the more recent writings are just builds that got too big. There's a fair bit of writing I just dump with my build and forget about.

I don't really set out to write in an organised way, sometimes inspiration just hits and I start typing and typing until I get something I feel vaguely satisfied with. And some days, I just can't write. Or I'll write, and kick myself because I could've written better in hindsight.

It's like taking a shit, really. I never know what's going to come out until it does.

>>54129794
>drop-in

Um, doesn't it defeat the point of drop-in when you straight up become something you probably weren't before the jump? That sounds like it could be a different origin instead of the origin that's supposed to keep you relatively the same. Heck, the Researcher background sounds more drop-inesque than the current one.

Otherwise, it looks pretty alright, though.
>>
>>54129775
How much of it was CATastrophe, or Ranma 1/2.
>>
>>54129617
Exactly, well kinda.

>"We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the-"
OH HAI, I'M STEALING YOUR SHTICK!
>"...-hurk"
HEEEY SHEPARD, SO I'VE TOTALLY LOOTED THEIR TECH ALREADY AND THE CITADEL WAS A TRAP AND THE COUNCIL'S INDOCTRINATED AND SO IS TIMMY AND THE RACHNI WERE FRAMED AND THE GETH HAVE SOULS AND I MADE THAT VOLUS AN ACTUAL BIOTIC GOD SO HAVE FUN KTHXBAI!
>several seconds of total silence...
>Shepard: "The fuck?"
>>
...I have just commissioned art for Cannonmon.

What the hell is wrong with me?
>>
>>54129947
Everything and nothing.

Right on, buddy.
>>
>>54129876
about 45 pages.

Seras / Sora (goddamn pool of the drowned boy) turned the tables multiple times that jump.

>>54129947
You have given in to the same autism the rest of us art-owning fags have.

Also, you're now obligated to post it.

MAKE THE BEST OF IT.
>>
>>54129947
Too much money. Give me some.
>>
I have a question about the Symbiote jump after having read most of the web novel.

Why is "merging" banned when it is:
A) the natural progression of a symbiote pair.
B) a part of a perk offered in the jump
C) no where near as powerful as the jumpmaker seems to imply*
?

*Reality warping that stretches to Mars? No God A is on Mars and it is only matter manipulation not reality warping, you can tell by all the limitations and resource requirements.
>>
>>54129975
Because fuck off, you aren't allowed to criticisms or question jumpmakers decisions, no jumpmaker has to capitulate to demands of shitposters like you for change for any reason.
>>
>>54129975
The same reason worthwhile Spiral Power is still banned. It's too OP, and it invalidates a lot of other jumps.
>>
Doing GATE as Blazing Saddles with races changed, best idea or best idea?

>nobody move or the gaijin gets it
>where the jap women at?
>>
>>54130034
>literally inter-jump balance
>>
>>54129975
>A) the natural progression of a symbiote pair.
It's natural in the sense that it's not unnatural, it's not something going awry. But it's not a given for symbiote-host pairs, the majority don't attain it.

>B) a part of a perk offered in the jump
The perk grants you the level of matter editing that Bob II and Frank II have after God B spits out copies of its original form out of nostalgia. They specifically can't get to the same level as God B, they've been designed not to, so it being part of the perk doesn't meant anything.

>C) no where near as powerful as the jumpmaker seems to imply*
You got me there. I think the jumpmaker called it that for the sake of shorthand. It's not really reality warping. It's just a very well-synchronized combo of teleportation, clairvoyance, matter manipulation, and energy conversion. Good enough to look like reality warping, but there are lots of things it can't do.
>>
>>54130045
Only the shitposter still thinks "inter-jump balance" is a valid argument. And inter-jump balance doesn't apply to restrictions. Restrictions can be whatever the fuck you want, no justification needed.
>>
>>54130045
Tough break. People have been using "it would trivialize the chain" as justification to nerf things since the dawn of /jc/. Inter-jump balance doesn't matter when you're re-balancing things.
>>
>>54129826
Get the stick out your ass anon, he means it's feature complete.
>>
>>54129826
Piss off.
>>
File: ew no thanks.png (511KB, 754x770px) Image search: [Google]
ew no thanks.png
511KB, 754x770px
>>54129657
>spoiler

Gross, man.
>>
What's the best Exalted jump on the drive, and why is it Infernals?
>>
>>54130210
Because Infernals are best Exalts.

Lunars is also pretty cool too, though.
>>
>>54130034
But it doesn't for several reasons

First is that merging has nothing to do with the powers of Gods A&B, their abilities are just the result of massive amounts of processing power which can be achieved by turning yourself into a massive pile of flesh full of bones containing lots of symbiote nodes running on an efficient OS. Berserker OS is enough on it's own to pull off a weaker small scale version of it.

Second is that it is nowhere near as powerful as you or the jumpmaker seem to think, it is on the level that given enough resources and energy one of them could terraform a planet over the course of several years. None of their actual powers would warrant banning merging even if it was a core part of how they achieved their powers.

Third is that nobody would ever want to do it, jumpers can achieve better feats than the Gods without turning into massive piles of meat. Merging seems cool, being a massive pile of meat with weak albeit widespread matter manipulation? Not so much.

>>54130050
It's natural in the sense that it's not unnatural, it's not something going awry. But it's not a given for symbiote-host pairs, the majority don't attain it.
Nope, even the original parent symbiote was shown to be merged. She undid the MC's faulty merge and even gave them instructions for how to do it properly. Also in regards to that individual I have to say, what a bitch! That is a really fucked up way to teach "children" not to take candy from strangers.
>>
>>54130239
>nobody would ever want to do it, jumpers can achieve better feats than the Gods without turning into massive piles of mea

I wasn't going to pay attention, but you can't post >>54130045 and then literally use interjump balance to justify something you want.

That's not how logic works.
>>
>>54129947
You channeled your inner twelve year old as he would be if he had money.
>>
>>54130262
Two different anons bub.
>>
>>54130262
Uh, it kind of is, dude? He's replying to a post that claims it "invalidates a lot of other jumps" and is "too OP". It'd be pretty fucking hard to address that without going into inter-jump balance.
>>
>>54130274
>>54130291
Well that explains a lot

Slow /jc/ is the worst
>>
>>54130239
>Nope, even the original parent symbiote was shown to be merged. She undid the MC's faulty merge and even gave them instructions for how to do it properly.
Yeah, and she also went "wow, how impressive, I really wasn't expecting you to become so advanced". It's a possibility, not a certainty. Not all symbiote pairs merge. That's kind of the whole point of what Argoen does, to find those races that pull it off.
>>
>>54130262
>That's not how logic works.
Fucking dumbasses like you trying to parade around "logic" like it's some kind of zinger. Yes, you can in fact write two seemingly contradictory statements and not be a hypocrite. It's all about context, bitch-nigga, which you seem not to grasp.
>>
>>54130328
She was impressed they did it so fast, she was expecting to wait a few centuries before someone passed her "test". And yes there are other options as she herself stated but it sounded more like degree of merging rather than a completely different thing.

Read "test" as "reason for jumper to bash her head in", alien is Rachel tier.
>>
Would Practice Makes Perfect from Secret of Evermore allow you to improve your mastery of magic while your ability to cast is sealed?
>>
>>54130375
>And yes there are other options as she herself stated but it sounded more like degree of merging rather than a completely different thing.
Eh, I suppose. I guess we're just interpreting the text differently, nothing really worth arguing over. I still don't think that the level that God A and God B exhibit is necessarily inevitable, given how many pitfalls it apparently has along the way, but I suppose you could argue that none of those pitfalls are insurmountable.

>Read "test" as "reason for jumper to bash her head in", alien is Rachel tier.
Which Rachel would this be? Agreed on the need to punish Argoen for her calloussness (no, being an R-strategist repoducer does not excuse what you've done), but I don't know this character you're speaking of.
>>
>>54130403
Rachel is a particularly hated character from Tower of God, chronic backstabbing syndrome given human form. She usually found throwing her devoted best friend into a pit to be enslaved and crippling likable side characters.

A while back we had a thread mostly devoted to what horrible things jumpers did/plan on doing to her.
>>
>>54130434
>Rachel is a particularly hated character from Tower of God, chronic backstabbing syndrome given human form. She usually found throwing her devoted best friend into a pit to be enslaved and crippling likable side characters.
Oh, that Rachel. Sorry, I got confused because you were talking about her like she needed punishment. No, Rachel's great. I love her character. She decided "fuck you, protagonist, you don't get to be the special one and leave me as some minor side character" and then worked to take what was being denied her for no reason other than that she wasn't the main character. I respect that.
>>
Jump #373: Zendikar
>Seven of Swords (Futility): A desperate attempt to resolve a matter without conflict. The use of cleverness or outright deception to turn the tide in your favor.
>Age: 30
>Location: Seagate
>Identity: Drop-In
>Race: Human
>Faction: Scholar
>Scenario: (+200) To Appease The World
If it ain't broke, fix it so it's better than new, because it's gonna break and we all know it.
>Drawbacks: (+700) Hedron Bound, Point Man, A Demon's Interest
Hey, I don't see what's so wrong with being put in front when it comes to dealing with the Eldrazi, as long as sufficient care is taken. It's rare that you see a higher-dimensional creature manifest in this way - if I use Flip! from Paper Mario I can get a better look at them, even! --oh shit they noticed me. Probably because I have a hedron attached to my forehead and I'm trying to figure out some way to re-cage them so they stop breaking the damned world. If this works on them, it might work on any destroyer of worlds!
>Chill of the Void (Free, Drop-In)
It's a good thing that I can toggle the feeling of unnaturalness about myself, but there are times where that will be handy.
>Manavore (1800, Drop-In)
So I can tap the land and use it to survive off of, if I need to. That's awfully useful. I do wonder how much I can tap before it starts hurting the land itself, though.
>A Direction Without A Name (1600, Drop-In)
Studying the Eldrazi while keeping in mind all I've learned from Zelretch leads to productive results. I'd argue that I could probably do this with sufficient learning, but let's not be remiss, I don't really have the time to do that over again for each new set of physics I encounter.
>A Good Eye (Free, Drop-In)
Surety is a must, as they say.
>Lithomancy 1000)
Lithomancy is something I could not possibly go without. Sensing what's in the ground is useful, forging raw magic into stone far moreso, and deeper studies continually unlock greater secrets.
>>
>>54130474
>Dreamstone Hedron (900, Drop-In)
A useful bauble, sure, but more than that it's got the ability to hold a formidable amount of mana and replenish it.
>The Unreal Crown (700, Drop-In)
...frankly, this just looks cool. The fact that it lets me play with space and step in strange directions more easily is just a bonus.
>Hedron Staff (500)
In the hands of a lithomancer, this staff can ward off things that don't play nice with the local universe, and I'm a lithomancer. Studying this staff will help me understand the hedrons better as well.
>Network Notes (300, Scholar)
Oh, now this... this is the grand prize. With the Kaleidoscope, I could walk the multiverse. With this, I can seal parts of it off, turning planes into prisons if I had to. And considering the chains that bind the Eldrazi are weakening by the day... someone has to forge new ones.
>Old Friends (0)
I would be remiss if I didn't bring my companions to this place and give them a share of the power. They were a bit irate that they didn't get such during Kamigawa, if only a bit.

So... looks like we have a completely nomadic society because higher-dimensional Things From Beyond are chained here, but imperfectly, and in addition to that, some sort of contingency that chained a planeswalker has also chained me. Moment by moment, I can feel it draining my energy, and attempts to recharge that energy with various sources work only briefly before the drain slightly but notably quickens.

Delightful.

The Avatar link serves to mitigate that in part, though it seems that it simply means that the hedron on my brow has more to drain, intensifying the rate at which it operates. My initial estimates were that I had three years to work with, but with this... I have twelve months before I am rendered as a mortal, if I am lucky.

So without hesitation, I get started on trying to figure out quite literally everything I have access to. I've certainly got the incentive, no?
>>
>>54130486
Before I can fix anything else, I have to fix myself, but to get enough power to fix myself, I need to find a way to overload it - if I starve it, it will still be there chaining me. I'm not going to try to open the gate of the Microverse Battery with the mana converter active - it'll give me infinite mana, what with it being a microverse overrun by Minecraft devices pumping out EMC that I can convert to whatever I need on demand, but I'm limited on its throughput. Tapping the lands that I have for mana can put that in a holding pattern without it being directly accessible by the hedron until I use it, but that has a finite lifespan. Indeed, nearly every time I use any sort of ability that I had taken for granted, I have to roll the dice or sacrifice another of my abilities to stave off the hedron's chains.

No, what I need to do is the most foolhardy thing that I could possibly do. Tap into the hedron network of Zendikar directly. I don't want to risk killing myself in the act - who knows the consequences of exposing my soul as it transitions to a new body? - so I will have to be very careful indeed. Fortunately... I can see the hedrons with mana-perceiving vision, so I can see how they work. I have notes and a knowledge of lithomancy that gives me sufficient insight into how they work.

I came across a planeswalker, one Nissa Revane, while I was mapping out the hedron network. She and I travelled together, fought and bled together (for I'd already sacrificed my regeneration in order to keep my magic), and eventually came across the spirit of the world together in the form of the Khalni heart. Though I could not speak to the world as she did, I could see the leyline network, and that gave me the last hint I needed in terms of figuring out the network, where the hedrons were, and where they could best be placed within the network itself.
>>
>>54130466
Not him but from what other people have told me she has basically no discernable personality traits other than being basically Girl Starscream, if Starscream just wanted to climb a big tower.

I can't say I terribly like Griffith either, so I can't bring myself to like her.
>>
>>54130496
Dealing with Ob Nixilis with her help was... still rather more difficult than I thought. And make no mistake, it was absolutely necessary to deal with him, because it was a matter of minutes after her discovery of the Heart that he came for us. By then, I no longer had telekinesis, nor my speed. But I still had my sword, and while it didn't kill him, it did cripple him by removing one of his wings, not to mention the blade's intrinsic magic harming him immensely. It was a sign of my increasing weakness spreading to all I owned that the blade didn't cripple or kill him, though. Nissa and I fled, and I filled her in on everything. My inadvertent trigger of a trap on coming to this plane, my intention to supplant the failing hedron network with a new one.

It took a great deal of talking, with both her and the other planeswalkers who had come to help her (unnecessarily) against Nixilis, but eventually they agreed and helped me over the course of the following half-year. And at the moment that everything came together at last and I was on the cusp of being rendered mortal... when the stone hedrons were being replaced by hedrons carved of obsidian and gold... Nixilis attacked once again. I worked to get the hedron network up with the last embers of borrowed power from my companions, from the land itself. He had prepared his attack, gathered allies, and tore through the planeswalkers, wounding them, causing Nissa to flee beyond.
>>
>>54130497
Nope, she's cool. She's a traumatized young girl who just wants to get away from all the awful things in her life and make it better. And then the magical fairy tale spirits looked at her and said "fuck you kid". She was told that she had to be this Protagonistic to ride this ride, so she hooked her wagon to someone who didn't deserve their status at main character and then did everything she could to supplant them. And it didn't work, because the world is an uncaring and awful place, and it's only the special people who matter. But she's still trying, still taking all she can and burning what remains. She's who I wish I had the courage to be.
>>
>>54129740
For every jump, even if I don't write story for it, I outline all the challenges involved (plot, drawback, etc.) and figure out what I would do to overcome each - as well as how long it would take, what resources it would take and so on. And then break it down to see how successful what I came up with would have been.

I've technically "failed" most of my chains because of flaws in my planning or preparation.

I do the whole thing in a desktop wiki, makes organizing things easier.
>>
>>54130497
That anon is being an apologist. Life isn't a fucking webtoon, in setting she's just a jealous girl who fucked over her best friend (and she was his only friend) by keeping him in a pit then leaving him to die when she went to the tower. Then when they were in the tower she betrays him multiple times. She repeatedly tries to kill him, steals away his friends with lies, kills or cripples those that don't believe her, and actively tries to convince other people in the Tower to go and kill him. Her only reasoning for this is "FUCK OFF REEEEEE!" more or less.
>>
>>54130508
We grappled as the network finally became active and poured power into me. Into the both of us.

The pain was overwhelming. In ninety thousand years I've never felt pain like that. Raw power coursing through me - through us both, in quantities and ways that were never meant to happen. For a heart-stopping moment we were flung beyond Zendikar into something that felt like nothing so much as the Kaleidoscope viewing everything simultaneously, stretching my brain almost to the breaking point, before being sent back to the sound of glass shattering.

I felt the familiar hum of my abilities, that I seem to continually take for granted until they disappear - and Ob Nixilis stood, looking at his hands, his form human. Then we looked up at each other. Neither of us had hedrons intact any longer, unchained by any outside force.

We did not bother to exchange words, simply laying into each other with our magics at once - lashing out with everything we had, no finesse, no regard for strategy, simply all-or-nothing. It was humbling to find how far I had to go to match a planeswalker on his level, let alone a higher level... and worrying. But Nissa returned in a matter of minutes, having rallied others to aid us, for the consequences of our failure would have been dire.

Eventually, Nixilis fled, swearing that he would one day return and his wrath would be felt. And he was addressing me, in particular.

In the end, Zendikar's roilstorms calmed, though they didn't disappear completely - bits of the planet's wrath focused upon the bits of Eldrazi that still kept sneaking out of their fifth-dimensional cage, far more limited in reach than they once were. But even at the end of the jump, Nixilis' threat worries me... then again, it's not like he can follow me, even though he's an Oldwalker and reignited his spark... right?
>>
How many Axioms can a single person have in Genius?
>>
Is there a way to use the powers of forms given by transformation items like the omnitrix or kamen rider belts without having to transform?
>>
>>54130555
>>54130555
Lotta mixed messages these days. Must be the summer heat.

>magical fairy tale spirits

I'm 90% sure those don't exist in canon

>She's who I wish I had the courage to be

Aaaaand I'm just going to go ahead and believe the other anon because you're straight up admitting she's your self-insert

Rachel a shit, and deserves to be rewarded like the traitor she is. I'll be over here, heating up the molten orichalcum crown for her to wear.
>>
>>54130555
But have you thought about FUCK OFF REEEEEE? Valid reasoning imho
>>
>>54130525
>>54130582

whoop

>>54130565
In theory all of them, I think? They just tend to die before learning that much; it's not easy, you need to have a revelation about yourself to progress
>>
>>54130582
He probably means those guardian guys. Literally her first action in the tower is to sell Baam's life to the first one to earn Regular status.

It seems like it was probably a test, and one that she in actuality failed. Nevermind that she keeps trying to kill him when he survives.
>>
>>54130586
t. The Ebon Dragon
>>
>>54130525
I want to climb the tower, should I
A) do horrible things to the puppy that devotedly follows me even after abandoning it in a cave so that the mass murderers will help me out?

or

B) take advantage of the fact that the puppy is both willing and able to carry me through pretty much anything, happy to be used as a tool for my own advancement just so it can be around me?

?
>>
>>54129839
>or the jumps for settings I don't know much about

I operate under a simple rule: If I don't know enough about the setting, I don't jump it. It's why none of my chains include pokemon.

>>54130565
All of them.
But you have two favored: Those can be mastered no matter what, the rest require at least as much Inspiration as the dots in them (thus Inspiration 5 minimum to Master all of the Axioms.)
>>
>>54130586
It's never a good reason to plot and connive to kill someone instead of just telling him to go away and do his own thing instead of trying to earn back your friendship.
>>
>>54130595
>dumb bitch fails the karmic test of moral rectitude
>no matter how many people she betrays, she's doomed because now the Tower will set her up to fail

I can dig it
>>
>>54130611
Her plot armor is thicker than the umbrella shield of the man whose soul she fed to the Antichrist anon, she has yet to face any kind of consequences for her actions. Current events may change that but odds are Baam will save her just in time for her to betray him, again.

God damn it Khun stab the bitch already!
>>
>>54130611
Trying to kill Baam pretty much made him more powerful than she could ever imagine, so there's no way she's shaking him off now.

>>54130676
If she isn't dead by the end of the series I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
File: 5a42d05cbc5df60525308ba206fa4d08.jpg (207KB, 1523x1048px) Image search: [Google]
5a42d05cbc5df60525308ba206fa4d08.jpg
207KB, 1523x1048px
Is there any jump that lets you import a building/structure that you own as a spaceship?
>>
File: 63570-decade2.jpg (31KB, 577x545px) Image search: [Google]
63570-decade2.jpg
31KB, 577x545px
>>54130569
If you get the Decade driver in the Kamen Rider Decade gauntlet/endjump and give it the Deep Breath and Kamen Rider Strongest upgrades, it can eat all your henshin devices, and makes your transformations altforms.
Then use your favourite altform combiner perks (eg: Final Form from SAO) to combine your normal appearance with the altforms' benefits.
>>
>>54130569
I should say there is one perk I know of that might help, but I don't know if it only applies to that jumps mechanics. Generic Magical Girl has this perk:

Always On Duty - you don't need to transform to use your powers, you've always got them. you can't be ambushed in non-powered form, but you'll have to figure out some kind of disguise to prevent people from knowing who you really are, since you don't actually have a transformation. Discount: Reincarnation 300CP.

Given that jump is based around the transformation into a magical girl (or boy) I don't know if it applies to other transformations.

>>54130894
That sounds good. Thanks.
>>
Doing [PROTOTYPE] right now, do you think if I convinced Cross to become an Evolved he could kill Mercer in a 1v1?

and now I remember one of my favorite dead fanfictions. RIP Maybe I'm A Lion
>>
>>54130894
>Endjumping
What are you suggesting, anon?
>>
File: 1483646470407.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483646470407.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>54130921
N-nothing! I didn't suggest anything!
>>
Would perks that make you outside of/resistant to Fate allow you to mitigate the "prices" (NOT magical energy requirements) of magic like that in Once Upon a Time or DC Occult?
>>
>>54131013
I think the prices for DC Occult in that regard seem to be just to have magic at all, rather than being on a per spell basis. Individual spells seem pretty clear on their costs, assuming you don't miss the fine print on a spell you got from a demon or something stupid like that anyway.
>>
>>54130963
What's next, suggesting people use SB jumps?
>>
>>54131042
Speaking of DC Occult, it was a little vague so-how do magic users there actually fight? What does a duel to the death between two of them look like?

Is there a "standard" type of attack spell?
>>
>>54131372
Like typical magic duels, with the occasional save-or-die reality warping effect thrown in. With warding and counter-spelling and all that jazz. So nothing special really, except for the general comics bullshit power-levels.
>>
>>54131394
>typical magic duels

...negima? D&D? Harry Potter? C'mon, magic is anything but typical.
>>
>>54131372
Depends on their levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2fWuBeg6g

It can range from throwing offensive spells at each other and dogging/raising shields to trying to outwit each other and slowly erode each other's defenses until you can end the battle with a single spell.
>>
>>54131372
There tends to be a fair amount of fire/lighting thrown about in what I've seen, along with turning things into other things or making the things around you attack you. The floor might grab at you or kitchen implements are flung through the air in your general direction. So telekinesis and energy blasts, with lots of forcefields and stuff. Beyond that it depends on the caster.
>>
>>54131402
Oh, come on anon. You have something of a point, but elemental blasts and shields - and occasionally using the environment - are pretty common even in your examples. I mean, there tends not to be much divergence in magical effects, despite the variety of mechanics.
>>
>>54131414
That was a LOT more anime then I expected. Also,

>Constantine throwing fireballs

this kills the old school DC reader
>>
>>54130915
>Blackwatch isn't a bunch of idiot psychopaths
Yes. Yes yes yes.
holy shit that GAMEKEEPER though. 10/10 weapon system would use
>>
File: 1496999734186.png (761KB, 960x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1496999734186.png
761KB, 960x1358px
>>54129740
Anywhere between ten and twenty pages for each Jump, with a few outliers being longer or shorter. It does slow my Jumping down though. I'm only at Jump 30 so far.
>>
>>54129740
Oh gods, it varies so freaking much. Some I'll only do a couple pages cause not much needs to be said like in Harvest Moon, its pretty much I slept, ate, farmed and partied.

Sometimes I get to a setting where I enjoy it and I produce several pages of narrative and explain my adventures.

And then I get to monsters like EVO where I'm something like 30 pages in and I can't stop writing cause I hate myself.
>>
>>54129794
You still need to fix drop-in origin or a a human origin with no new memories.
>>
>>54130210
Most diverse content.

Helps that the sections individually are strong and each of the Yozi get a couple of perks.
>>
Okay so I finished up the rolling for stealing is exalted

>So I've got the abyssals after me , the combat should not be a problem, the problem is they are just going to come back as new ones at about the same rate I kill them unless I can get those of monstrances of celestial portion as Unfortunately Roll(1d100)-60:16,-60 Total:1 success
Roll(1d100)-60:85,-60 Total:25 squeaking success
Roll(1d100)-60:30,-60 Total:1 success
Roll(1d100)-60:28,-60 Total:1 success
Roll(1d100)-60:52,-60 Total:1 success
Roll(1d100)-60:58,-60 Total:1 success
>>
What was your Aspect in Lord of Light, and what did you do with it?
>>
>>54130774
Not that I know of, but... yoink. It makes perfect sense as an import option for a setting whose main set piece / maguffin is a city that is actually a spaceship.
>adds note to Stargate Atlantis jump doc
>>
File: jc3.png (157KB, 322x504px) Image search: [Google]
jc3.png
157KB, 322x504px
>>54132065
Stasis. And-what didn't I do with it?

I helped the OTHER man who would later be known as Vishnu (there was a mixup in the roll call, we just rolled with it as different aspects; he took Matsya and I took Kalki) stress test the forcefield biomes everyone moved into. The Aspect tech was poorly understood at the time, and it took a couple decades to figure out we were tapping into technically different forces.

I also joined Sam on the front lines when the Raksha and Mothers invaded. Again, subtle differences in powers-he was better at actually killing the energy demons. Mine just made them sleepy and confused. But, I COULD quantum lock bits of the air to make places they couldn't throw rocks at, or shoot lightning from afar. Or freeze the sea, and stall the Mothers' armies from coming near the base. Didn't have much time for smallchat-but our friendly rivalry kept us going through the endless waves. He kept ribbing me 'cos he could kill the things before they came in range for my Aspect to affect.

And of course-when one snuck in to blow up our generators, I used my powers for food preservation. Much, much later Yama would help me pioneer the Self-Roasting Chicken of Eternity. Which we had to call the Phoenix for PR reasons.

Oh, and it gave me an alibi for why I never seemed to age throughout the years.
>>
>>54132246
Well, you certainly got a lot of utility out of that. Any idea what Infinity or Eternity would get me? I have no clue what specific abilities those aspects would grant me.
>>
File: jc6.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jc6.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>54132406
It's pretty neat, yeah! I figured compared to Agni, Kali and Yama it would be more of a sword than a shield, hence the versatility.

I think Vishnu canonically has something like that actually-the City of Heaven mentioned in the jump is attributed to him, so creating VERY durable, long lasting structures and objects. He's barely present in the book, though. An affinity for reinforcing forcefields to be stronger than usual too. Other than that-the Aspects tend to be fairly subtle before tech gets involved.

For Infinity, possibly some sort of perpetual energyish thing you could apply to stuff you make or just hold? Or being able to do multiple physically possible things at once.

For Eternity, constructs that provide spatial warping? There was a guy who built rooms that induced emotions into people. Themed personal spatial distortion too, probably-stretching out the distance between yourself and an attacker, for example. Would be much more obvious once you use an artifact also attuned with your Aspect to do stuff with.
>>
File: jc22.gif (1MB, 412x600px) Image search: [Google]
jc22.gif
1MB, 412x600px
>>54132475
*more of a shield than a sword

Oops
>>
>>54128411

Astolfo a shit, so no.
>>
>>54129794
Location roll is "1d6", should be 1d8.

Game literally drops the player onto the planet in a crashing spaceship with no indication of history or personality; jump's drop-in option is the indigenous lifeforms that evolved on the planet.

Notes then say it's up to you if you want to have the memories associated with your origin. Why not just rename "Drop In" to "Indigenous" or the like and have drop-in be optional instead of this surreal inversion?

I'm now imagining a jumper going as human, getting off the planet, some generic spacefuture rescue ship turns up, and the following conversation: "Hey, it's Alex, you're alive, you made it, wow, your family will be overjoyed!" "Uh, who's Alex?" Awkwardness ensues...

Rest of the jump... looks very good. Kudos.
>>
>>54132508
This is what I wake up too? Lies to get my goat? Well you did it anon, you have stolen my gluttonous farm animal.
>>
File: Nero_Claudius_sprite1.png (214KB, 774x495px) Image search: [Google]
Nero_Claudius_sprite1.png
214KB, 774x495px
>>54133075
Not him but I have spent over 100 crystals trying to roll nero but nothing. Fucking glad I was using mostly free quartz from quests.

Why is the gacha so evil?
>>
>>54133158
After a week of F/GO, I have to conclude that it's pretty shit.

The gacha is a transparent money grab, Levels don't seems to mean much since my lvl 50 servant is still getting one shot by a lvl 20 boss NP, oh, and the AP system means that unless you pay more money, you have to stop playing the game for SEVERAL FUCKING HOURS at a time.
>>
>>54133158
I don't know anon, I was told to save my quartz like it was my life blood and have been succeeding despite the temptations. As a result I don't have a good berserker, saber, archer or assassin.

I keep thanking the heavens that my first free roll gave me Medusa and Lancer Cu, because those two have been holding it down since the start. Mash is super helpful, and Caster Cu just being given to me means I have some semblance of a team.

Kojirou slayed the shit out of dragons but his stats are really starting to lag behind now.

I dont even know when this saving is going to pay off, or if it's gonna pay off. Apparently the first event is like a month away? Maybe I'll have the last laugh among free players? That seems unlikely though. . .
>>
File: a special feeling.png (347KB, 705x500px) Image search: [Google]
a special feeling.png
347KB, 705x500px
>>54133194
> not paying to win
Look at this poorfag.
>>
>>54133227
>implying my bank account isn't 130$ lower already
>>
What jumps have reverse engineering perks? Just making a list of them:

Fallout
Symbiote
Hive Queen Quest
Ben 10
Stellaris
Worm
Metroid
MCU
Sekirei
Cyber Knight
>>
>>54133158
Don't know. It's treated me nicely so far, got Atilla, Elisabeth, Saber Lily, and Stheno. Although I only use the first two
>>
>>54133269
Mother: CogDis and Viscera Cleanup Duty also have them.
>>
>>54130034
There's way better shit than that offered in other jumps.
>>
>>54133194
>you have to stop playing the game for SEVERAL FUCKING HOURS at a time
This is phone game standard
>>
>>54133445
Is it? Well, it's a wonder the genre is viable with that kind of decision-making.
>>
>>54133194
If yoi use 1 crystal you are pretty much sure to get it back at the end of a mission set, which you should be able to do easy enough with a full charge.
>>
>>54133460
Yes, but then you're not getting a net increase, which you need to use the fucking gacha.
>>
Jumpers! what song best describes how you engage in conflict?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILc0cYkKqFs
>>
>>54133494

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGlBwW7f5HA
>>
>>54133494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I2zxjFEGuo&feature=youtu.be&t=8
I like it done quick.
>>
>>54133451
If you don't take breaks from the game, the problem is on your side.
>>
>>54133269
XCOM.
>>
So what jumps let you be related to a MC?
>>
Hey, guys, can someone tell me, in InFamous do your conduit powers grow? Just watched a LP of Infamous.

Prisoner origin Electrokinesis Conduit with Regen, Analytics, Strength, Durability, Stamina, Extra Powers (Invisibility Shroud and Light Speed)

Would you be able to learn the gliding thing and other moves from the game?
>>
>>54133158
Did you clear Septem? She only shows up if you clear Septem.
>>54133194
You haven't played other gatcha games, have you?
>>
>>54133891
>She only shows up if you clear Septem.
Shhhh, don't break him.
>>
>>54133158
Nero has a really cute voice. I don't like her character/life style, but she is the cutest sounding Saber so far.
>>
>>54133891
Not him but I've played other gacha before and they were better than GO. That is, a whole hell of a lot more free currency, paid currency was a lot cheaper, cards were more available in general, and they gave even free players very good chances at getting all the event characters.

All that said, this game was a no-name affair that needed to attract people by being fair. GO's pricing and behaviors are more consistent with other big name, super popular gacha games.
>>
>>54133929
NERO A CUTE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KgVG45LfI&t=149s
>>
>>54130603
The first one, because that was the deal I made with the creepy spirit monster and if I don't do that I'll have even less of a chance than my already low odds. It's sad, it would have been nice to be able to manipulate that piece of shit throughout my journey, but oh well.
>>
So what's the in-universe reason for all these Arturia clones, exactly?
>>
>>54133891
I have cleared septem, but not done any missions in oceanus because I dont want to crowd the pool and make getting her even less likely.
>>
>>54133877
Guys, do you think it would be too immersion breaking if my explanation for my JUMPER F/SN drawback is that as an Electric Conduit they pulled a Kessler and are now out for blood to prevent a catastrophe?
>>
>>54133929
>character/life style

Please elaborate.
>>
>>54133929
I've been finding everything about her fairly cute. Her voice, her great self-importance, her ability to do stunts and drift in an ancient roman sailboat, addressing herself as Rome itself, being so comfortable in the role of Emperor that she just does random powerful rich person shit like "Hey, thanks for the help in that battle. You want Britain as a reward? I'll give you Britain, it's pretty nice."
>>
>>54134012
Well, Mordred has the excuse of being her kid but the others don't have one.
>>
File: IMPRESSIVE.png (540KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMPRESSIVE.png
540KB, 848x480px
Who was your first proper antagonist, Jumpers?
>>
>>54134023
Sure, why not?
Things will still happen.
RIGHT THRU THE KNICKERS.
>>
>>54134012
No in-universe reason and the guy responsible for it (Takeuchi) gets offended if you bring it up to him, he's like "OH WOW WHEN YOU SAY THAT IT MAKES ME SOUND LIKE A GROSS PERVERT :( :( :("
>>
>>54134029
Nero is a slut and a sociopath (though she tries to compensate for it), and also arrogant and self-absorbed to the extreme. She also has every bit the capacity to display the cruelty of the real Nero, though they've always avoided explaining how exactly she fell that far.
>>
>>54134015
Oh, you're playing on the JP server?
>>
>>54134012
Some of them are coincidence, some of them are direct ancestors/descendants of one another, some of them are the same person and some of them are purely shenanigans. They're all 100% because one of the artists waifued Arturia and likes her design.
>>
>>54134057
My crippling self-doubt
>>
>>54134067
>Slut
Not a valid reason.

>arrogant and self-absorbed to the extreme

She actually very rarely puts down others, preferring to praise herself instead. Yes she's self-absorbed but she barely shits on others in the process, so I doubt this is a bad thing.

>though they've always avoided explaining how exactly she fell that far.

Because then she won't be waifubait. I wish she was written with flaws in this regard instead of instantly liking you in Extra, but we gotta keep the sensitive otaku sensibilities untouched.
>>
>>54134067
I'm like 70% sure it's the poison and lack of antidote.
>>
>>54134078
No I was just going by the wiki on how it works. Is it different for the us server?
>>
File: 1365724082012.png (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1365724082012.png
85KB, 500x500px
>>54134140
>Not a valid reason.
We're talking about personal dislike. Thinking someone is a slut is a perfectly valid reason to have a personal dislike for them. Nobody ever said they think she's an objectively terrible person or anything.

>>54134152
I always figured she gets triggered at the idea of people not worshiping/praising her like she thinks she deserves. Christians won't worship or praise her, so they get suppressed. The Senate tries to undermine and second guess her instead of treating her as glorious and magnificent. So they get suppressed. Stuff like that.
>>
>>54134176
Yes, Okeanus is not released yet in the west.
>>
>>54134176
Oekanos isn't available yet on the US Server.
>>
>>54134057
Antonin Dolohov
Fucker wasn't as easy to embarrass as he was in the Deathly Hallows part 1. We fought several times during the war, he usually came out on top.
>>
>>54134188
>>54134190
Just shows how hard I have been avoiding clicking that button then.
>>
>>54134178
Damn, you don't know shit about Nasuverse Nero, huh? Now I regret wasting my time talking to you.

Or maybe you're trolling, which I'm not surprised considering how harshly you're speaking right now
>>
>>54134214
Do you really have to resort to personal insults and shit just because I don't like your waifu? Clearly expressed as a personal opinion and not a fact at that. Goddamn, I even said she has a cute voice. What more do you want? Adulation?
>>
>>54134178
Maybe it's a combination of the two? She gets offended now by people not showing her proper respect as Emperor Nero, personification of Rome, greatest of all god blessed nations in the world, but kinda shrugs it off just as easily because she's amazing and has better things to do than be upset. Later years maybe the migraines and shit get so bad that her tolerance for every little thing that upsets her goes out the window.
>>
>>54134280
I figure it being an entire growing class of people and not just some isolated individual makes it worse for her too, since a lot of her self-worth is tied up in how much people adore her.
>>
>>54134289
Mmm, could be, but I thought her lore mentioned acceptance over the fact that she might have never understood exactly how to show her love for her people or their lack of love for her or something.
>>
>>54134214
Okay, then, if you know so much about Saber Nero tell me this: Does she have a skill to be great at playing the fiddle? Her fiddling skill is very important to me in determining her value.
>>
>>54134343
Acceptance would come after the events, I'm talking about what her mindset must've been at the time when she does bloody torture and executions are the way to handle the problem.
>>
File: makashi.webm (2MB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
makashi.webm
2MB, 848x480px
What are the best Jumps for getting gud with swords?
>>
>>54134345
Her EX Rank Imperial Privilege makes it so that she can play the fiddle, easily.
>>
>>54134057
The first, and also the longest running as he's still around, is the other Jumper.
He's not exactly evil, per se, but he doesn't seem to care that his Benefactor is using him to fuck over all of existence. We butt heads all the time due to the nature of our existences and our Benefactors being so diametrically opposed to each other.
>>
>>54134386
Exalted solars, Commoragh, Overlord, and Majikoi come to mind.
>>
>>54134386
Princess Bride.
>>
>>54134360
S'tough then a lot of her lore went into how much she loved the people and gave the people stuff, which is why the senate apparently didn't like her. Maybe when it came down to persecution she used her simple line of logic and construed Christians as not her people or taking away the love her people had for her and tried to purge them like some sort of foreign invaders?
>>
>>54134392
Excellent. That's a top-class Nero, then.
>>
What's a good way to inject Fate!medusa into PJO!medusa?
>>
>>54134489
Syringes.
>>
>>54134489
PJO?
>>
>>54134489
Crossovers. Not even once.
>>
>>54134559
Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
>>
>>54133976
Franchise mobile games aren't meant to do well or be fair, they're meant to make a profit very quickly. You're basically buying for the brand.
>>
File: hyderef2.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hyderef2.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>54134057
Smile.

Think The Thing meets The Joker. Later consumed the biomass and personality of an egotistical mad scientist to become the equally monstrous Hyde. Remains the hardest of my rogues to put down in a physical confrontation and the most persistent.

I don't think he even has a real motivation or justification for what he does. It's just...fun, to him. I'm waiting for the chance to finally put him down for good, but I haven't seen him since Worm.
>>
>>54134772
I've been having good fun with F/GO actually. It's a lot better than most of the mobile games I've played and I actually like the battle system with the cards and skills and the strategy building around them. Doesn't hurt that the NP Animations are really well done, particularly with higher tier servants like Nero.
>>
>>54134057
My ambition.
>>
File: 180px-Archie_Adventures.png (19KB, 180x299px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Archie_Adventures.png
19KB, 180x299px
>>54134057
Archie, he kind of had a breakdown once I explained the water cycle to him.
>>
>>54134834
If you're having fun that's great, but going around pretending that it's something other than a cashgrab is pointless.This isn't the first game with its basic turn based strategy, the only difference is that the character labels are from Nasuverse. There are hundreds of Japanese mobile games out there that do the same thing of taking old concepts and rehashing them with a new brand. If you like it, go support them, if you don't, don't play it. It doesn't even cashgrab well, but that's because the company behind it is inexperienced.
>>
>>54134880
Bancho, his plan may have actually had a solid foundation considering Pokemon can create stuff out of energy, like how Squirtles can use hydropumps to output dozens of times more water than their body can contain.
>>
File: jumper's true form.jpg (85KB, 334x750px) Image search: [Google]
jumper's true form.jpg
85KB, 334x750px
>>54134057
Fook Yu from Generic Xanxia. I could say 'Gilgamesh' because he came first even if his defeat didn't, but I talk too much about Zephie's beef with him so I'm going to talk about Fook Yu

Guy kept trespassing on the nature preserve I was protecting and wanted to harvest parts from a HEAVILY endangered species we were protecting. Fucker grabbed some babies so I had to beat his ass up, which was pretty fucking difficult. But the dude just would not stop. Time passed, and me messing up a move ended up with him in a temporary coma with me running around inside in mind.

Before you ask 'what the hell kinda move were you doing where fucking up meant that you'd get shoved inside their brain', I was using mental ki for xanxia for the move as I had run out of physical ki, hence why it acted funny when I screwed up using it. It's not a normal application of mental ki

Guy was determined not to become an asshole Xanxia Protagnist because that's what his shitty father was, but he got so obsessed with exceeding him that he ended up becoming exactly like him. I told him that when I cleaned it and he freaked out and ran off. I never saw him again, so maybe I got through to him? He did know that, but was ignoring it.
>>
So the fanfic drawback in Naruto, is there any that would let me start when Naruto himself is still a baby or atleast several years before graduation?
>>
>>54135089
I know that and you know that, but He is an idiot. http://beanseller.tumblr.com/post/92406217883/team-aqua-is-still-better-than-team-magma
>>
On the TvTropes page of Lord of Light it says that the gods exiled Sam because they couldn't kill him. But the Rakasha perk says that strong enough energy can kill them, and the gods have more than enough weapons that qualify. So why couldn't they kill Sam?
>>
>>54135255
Politics, basically. They had the ability, but it would have fucked up their society even more than Sam already had.
>>
>>54135255

Sam was using Buddhism as a religious weight to support his rebellion. Killing him would have made him a martyr - both to the younger Gods and to the mortal population.

By instead beaming his mind into "paradise", they removed him from play (he didn't *want* to return), and gave themselves a route to assimilating Buddhism by making it turn in on itself in the pursuit of Nirvana rather than social reform.
>>
>>54135243
Yeah in non-canon webcomics he's great and if you're going to use shit like that as the basis of things that happen in jumps I'm not going to argue with you

I'm just going to call you an idiot.

You're an idiot.
>>
https://pastebin.com/CKU6b3Ek
>>
File: abBnSrM.jpg (42KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
abBnSrM.jpg
42KB, 605x605px
>>
>>54135861
Out of all the things I thought I'd read today, this was not on the list.

Good intro, I'm still reading it.
>>
>>54135861
Any ideas for Drop-In items. So far I'm thinking the 600 would be a law firm.
>>
>>54135952

That sounds great
>>
File: Regret But Also Regret.png (32KB, 170x167px) Image search: [Google]
Regret But Also Regret.png
32KB, 170x167px
>>54133158
>>54133194
If only you knew how bad things really are.
>>
How do I create a time freezing device with practical use?
>>
Where can I become a possessed suit of armor?

No body, no skeleton, none of that shit. Just a walking suit of armor.
>>
>>54136264
Undertale.
>>
>>54135861
I think at least some of them are late 20s at the start of the show.

Small thing but it's spelled Ongo Gablogian in the script.

Haven't read the whole thing but love the bits that I have. Really hope this gets finished.
>>
>>54136264
Endless Legend, I think.
>>
>>54136264
You can go to Fullmetal Alchemist.
I hear it costs an arm and a leg, though.
>>
File: 458478447320.jpg (86KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
458478447320.jpg
86KB, 300x427px
I'm not too familiar with nWoD mechanics, how does one increase their Inspiration in Genius: The Transgressions?
>>
>>54136387
That requires one to undertake a Thesis - a deeply personal analysis of one's personality and a personal mission related to such.
>>
Which of these would be best for gathering a bunch of Noble Phantasms?

Item Creation EX
The First Magic
A NP that allows you to permanently steal other servant's NPs
A NP that lets you turn existing treasures into NPs based on themselves.
>>
>>54136463
>Item Creation EX

long-term, it's this one since you can make a new one roughly Every 10 years

>A NP that allows you to permanently steal other servant's NPs

I asked Val the first time I was doing fate if that was an okay thing and she said no, you can't get those

>A NP that lets you turn existing treasures into NPs based on themselves.

Knight of honor is A temporary and B the ones that It makes suck, maxing out at around C rank for EX.
>>
>>54136463
Depends on time scale. First Magic would be best in the long run, but would take by far the longest and isn't optimal for anything under a few thousand years at least. Next would be Item Creation, but it's only good for up to A (or maybe up to A+++, I don't remember). The two NP options would suffer similar limitations to Item Creation in that they wouldn't get very high ranks, and might not even be allowed. I'm not sure what Val's most recent ruling is.
>>
>>54136463
Well, if you're willing to wait, with the First Magic you'll eventually get to the point where you can literally make it rain NPs. It'll take awhile, though.
>>
>>54134057
The Volturi from Twilight. Joined up with the Cullens, stuck with the story until the potential fight, and, with the assistance of two recently turned sharpshooters, the Volturi leadership's heads were penetrated by an overloaded .50 caliber round (i did the math, one of those would be very effective on a twilight vamp)
>>
>>54136463
Use the Third magic to summon servants with the NPs you want into yourself so that you become a demi servant of them. Also use the third to make your "you" is spiritually strong enough to do this multiple times without exploding.
>>
>>54136285
>>54136344
>>54136358
Danke danke.

why would you do this
>>
File: page01.jpg (2MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
page01.jpg
2MB, 1920x2160px
>>54135861
I'd be up for imaging this once it's finished if you're interested.

Here's a proof of concept intro page.

Also you could use a speaker with a replenishing stock of cocaine in it as an item of you're stuck.
>>
>>54136803
if you're stuck*
>>
>>54136463
First Magic is better in the long term.
Item Creation EX caps at Rank A Noble Phantasms, and I think it can only make Noble Phantasms that are physical objects.
>>
>>54136524
>I asked Val the first time I was doing fate if that was an okay thing and she said no, you can't get those
She okayed one like two days ago.
>>
>>54137061
well then around A year ago She gave me a different ruling just to spite me.
>>
>>54137082
Lots of people would do things just to spite you Bancho-kun. It wouldn't be anything new.
>>
>>54137166
I know,doesn't change the fact that it's bad form on her part.
>>
>>54137082
>>54137180
She didn't do it just to spite you, man. She changed her mind and it was limited in what it could do.

Do you have to take everything personally? Val may be an abrasive bitch sometimes, but she doesn't seem to personally spite people.
>>
>>54137180
When has bad form ever stopped anyone here?
>>
>>54137207
no she Hates me in particular,the woman has never typed a single sentence to me that did not involve A direct insult.
>>54137214
true,doesn't mean we should strive for better
>>
File: Anna28.png (518KB, 1475x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Anna28.png
518KB, 1475x1070px
>>54137180
>>54137241

Just let it go man
>>
>>54137241
>no she Hates me in particular,the woman has never typed a single sentence to me that did not involve A direct insult.
I'm going to avoid the obvious joke, here.
>>
>>54137241
Should probably drop it now, you're going into more drama again. Don't you have a jump to work on.
>>
>>54137241
I'm pretty sure Val has made less personal attacks on people than you have.
>>
>>54137241
shouldn't not should stupid dictation
>>
>>54137270

I dun get it senpai.
>>
File: 1492078961488.jpg (145KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1492078961488.jpg
145KB, 623x414px
>>54137303
the punchline is these are things She has said to banchô-Anon
>>
>>54137303
The joke is that he does the same thing.
>>
>>54137359
Oh, kind of a disappointing "joke" senpai. Also not wholly true (only mostly).
>>
>>54137359
Actually, it was that someone only communicating to bancho with insults is not at all unique, we all do that.
>>
>>54134386
Ruroni Kenshin, Samurai Deeper Kyo...

Mind you, I'd actually suggest abusing learning speed perks and actually spend the time training the skill, so you've actually got skill of your own (In case of perk cancellation, gauntlets, etc.)

For that, pretty much any fantasy or medieval type jump would serve.
>>
>>54134386
Holy shit, that's better than the movie choro. Is this show actually...good?
>>
>>54134386
>>54137393
Man I want a jump to live in 13th-16th century europe now and be a mercenary. Get some hema in here, be a monk drawing stuff about how to kill other monks while shittalking your fellow brother monks in some of the oldest sword texts in existance.
>>
File: e9c.jpg (67KB, 594x960px) Image search: [Google]
e9c.jpg
67KB, 594x960px
>>54137241
>doesn't mean we should strive for better

Sempai, you sicken me.
>>
File: Star Wars-Doom Company.jpg (116KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars-Doom Company.jpg
116KB, 1200x674px
>>54137421
>Is this show actually...good?

Yes it is anon, And it got better with each season
>>
>>54137421
It was pretty decent actually. I miss the clone troopers. Star wars clone trooper deserved a part 2 but will never get it.
>>
>>54137281
I already correct that >>54137452
>>
>>54137452
Technically old shiroe is correct in all of those.
>>
>>54136614
>one of those would be very effective on a twilight vamp
Would it? I recall them being virtually indestructible. And really goddamn fast. I wouldn't count on being able to get in more than a couple shots before they realized what was up and started dodging.
>>
>>54137452
Are the writers doing it on purpose at this point?
>>
>>54137452
>People die if they are killed...
Basically, people should stay dead once they die. Don't cheat death when it happens. Or something.
>Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right!
You could be factually correct in something, but that doesn't make it right in a moral sense.
>When you have a birthday, you celebrate being born.
Okay, this one's just really, really stupidly obvious. Dammit, Shirou...
>>
File: 1499098660637.jpg (597KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499098660637.jpg
597KB, 790x1200px
Did you know of Marvel's new event?

>“Marvel Legacy #1 isn’t simply a history lesson,” describes SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “Rather, it’s the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries, secrets, and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come! No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages. Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock, and adventure as possible!”

>In addition to showing readers how Marvel history and continuity is “all connected,” the publisher promises the special will provide "shocks, twists, clues, and Easter eggs," set up the next year of Marvel storytelling and 53 MU series, and will feature a series of character returns, including "the most talked about return in comics."
>Oh ... and the debut of the 1,000,000 BC Avengers - Odin, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther - who come together for the origin of the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>54137617
At least one of the lolis Shirou's talking to wasn't actually born like a person, so I can agressively ignore how stupid that statement is.
>>
>>54137647
>Odin, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther
>Starbrand
I keep forgetting that he's canon to the main Marvel universe, now.
>>
File: 1476044741472.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476044741472.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>54137647
>>
>>54137647
I'm both scared and intrigued.
>>
>>54137421
Yes. They fleshed out Anakin way more than the movies ever did. He wasn't a spoiled cry baby like in Part 2. Neither was he an edgy teen like in Part 3. What he was, was a reckless Jedi that dove head first into situations & barely come out by skin his teeth. He was a good guy but he did have anger issue later on, when you could see the dark side slipping up.

I recommend watching the show, also Rebels is pretty good too. Its full of OC characters so they're allowed to have their own story arcs. Without being tied down to movie canon. Other than y'know Rebels eventually do win.
>>
>>54137421
To be fair about Dooku in particular, the actor was an old, old man. He couldn't manage a lot of fancy foot work.
>>
>>54137587
The writers were always doing it on purpose. Shiro has strong opinions but he's never been the most eloquent with stating them. You can generally tell what he means with a bit of context but cut out by themselves the lines just make him seem really dumb.
>>
>>54137727
I don't believe that. We're talking about Christopher Lee, I'm entirely confident that he could have beat the crap out of Hayden Christensen, any day of the week. The man was awesome.
>>
>>54137765
You are correct sir!
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/christopherlee.html
>>
>>54137727
>>54137765
He was 80 at the time of Attack filming.

And yeah, I love Sir Lee, but that's what stunt doubles are for.
>>
>>54137647
This could be interesting. Now it begs to question, WHICH Odin is this? Odin has been through several reincarnations. If I remember right the current Odin, is barely a few thousand years old.
>>
File: comesthedawn.jpg (369KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comesthedawn.jpg
369KB, 1280x720px
>>54133494
https://youtu.be/6-2jNiVK86A

>A new manipulation, over-saturation; take advantage of what you deny!
>So step right up and see: the /possibilities/!
>We are everything you want and... more.
>You want it all right now?!

>VIOLATING, so DEGRADING; The show has just begun!
>DOM-IN-ATED by all you HAT-ED, this will make you ultra-numb!
>>
>>54133494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao
>>
>>54137647
Wait what? Half of those are humans. And humans have only existed for about 200,000 years, not millions. Hell, even Neanderthals didn't exist yet.

Is there seriously going to be a pre-Neanderthal Iron Fist?
>>
>>54137460
>gatlings and riot shields
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>54137886
Well, Kun-Lun has a weird interaction with time, so I can see there being an Iron Fist back then. And Starbrand, Ghost Rider, and Phoenix could find hosts in proto-hominids, or just manifest directly. But yeah, Black Panther shouldn't be around. The vibranium meteor hasn't even impacted yet, how is he growing the Heart-Shaped Herb that gives him his powers?
>>
File: 1331431151567.jpg (40KB, 400x195px) Image search: [Google]
1331431151567.jpg
40KB, 400x195px
Does anyone else have trouble envisioning their jumper being happy? Or in a healthy relationship?
Do you really think going on a multiversal adventure would fix what's wrong with you?
>>
>>54137950
I think it would've been better if they had the actual dragon that has to be killed to be an Iron Fist.
>>
>>54133494
It depends on if I'm engaging in personal combat or something of a larger scale.

Personal Combat tends to go something like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9chF9gYZqI
>Don't look astonished cause you knew that it was coming.

But for larger scale conflicts... I tend to go a bit overboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzMD065HEk
Though not literally. Just a whole lot of stops I normally keep in place get pulled out.
The whole universe rarely deserves being lit on fire. Or, if it does, it usually already is in one way or another.
>>
>>54138047
No, I remember what it was like to be happy from a long time ago so I can imagine myself being happy again.
>>
>>54138047
The adventure itself? No, of course not. But there are mind-altering perks to improve positivity and optimism, I'd just take those. Of course, that makes it impossible for me to imagine what the day-to-day life of Jumper-me would be like, so I'm stuck thinking about the schemes and plans which a more well-adjusted person probably wouldn't actually do, if I'm being honest.
>>
>>54136803
Oh my god this is amazing and motivates me. I should finish the jump by tonight.
>>
>>54138047
I find actually writefagging helps with this a little. Beating the shit out of myself mentally 24/7 is normal, but writing it trips a different neurological circuit or something, and that grade of negativity feels fake. Things still go wrong on a regular basis, but they're plausibly wrong instead of maximally wrong.
>>
File: IMG_1427.jpg (368KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
368KB, 1638x2048px
>>54138047
From a normal modern standpoint, a healthy happy relationship is between two loving and equal partners. However as a Jumper you'll never have an equal.

Seeing how its a single player game, there's not a lot of Jumpers out there. Instead there's you and then there's everyone else. Even those who're more powerful than you, will eventually fall to the wayside.

Now you can have your own version of a happy healthy relationship. Just you know you'll be holding most the powers, and you're the MC. Everyone else is a side character. So, as long you can get over that, you'll be golden.
>>
>>54138047
I used too. I used to have crippling feelings of self-loathing and would reflect that in my chains by putting my Jumper through things that I'd perceived of as deserved or expected for someone of my low worth and competence. Things changed, and I realized I was being too hard on myself. I feel like I'm capable of being competent and deserving of affection since I've given myself proof of such things. So I stopped writing out my chains as some sort of psychological downer fest and made the goals of them "make Jumper happy."

That being said, no, I don't feel like a multiversal adventure could fix what's wrong with me. That's mostly because I don't think there's something wrong with me now though. I think I and a lot of other people are okay just the way they are.
>>
>>54138047
I was. But now I have a maid who is adamant I am a god and always right. Now Im happy
>>
File: 1492531774344.jpg (467KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1492531774344.jpg
467KB, 1680x1050px
>>54138047
I imagine having issues that stem from going beyond human, but when you get right down to it think of all the simple things that have make you happy.

Now imagine being able to fly. Or blow things up with your mind. You might think 'oh well if that was normal for you you'd get bored of it' but look at how people obsess over relatively stupid shit like fidget spinners or video games.

I think it entirely depends on your jump order and perks taken, but I'd wager it would vary from Normal to Bipolar. RELATIONSHIPS, however are a whole nother' ballgame because everything is out the window. You literally leave the universe after a while so it's sort of like anonymity here; sure there are lots of good anons but it also naturally encourages people to be giant douchecunts so there's a chance you might turn into one too. On the other hand, imagine the stress you would be under being responsible for dragging people along for your adventures for potentially Forever. A lot of people just aren't wired for that naturally. Probably all of them. And many more aren't wired for re-adapting to a completely new town over and over and over again, let alone a new universe. Or body.

So basically, it's doable but you gotta vet your waifus - very - carefully. Or just make them.
>>
>>54137950
I thought Black Panther's powers actually came from a panther god that boasted about preying on primeval humans?
>>
File: Zt4qTfb.png (302KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Zt4qTfb.png
302KB, 640x360px
A year ago I said this was the new teen titans show.

I was right the entire time.

Coming in august teen titans is going night begins to shine mode for 4 episodes, more if the run does well. Booya.
>>
>>54138313
What. Pls explain. Also wtf is with those designs.
>>
>>54133494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3glxLWVkbSs

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1eBuuJqc44
>>
>>54138337
The night begins to shine is a song played throughout the teen titans episode 40% 40% 20% an episode that takes place completely in artwork similar to a hair band cover.
>>
>>54138337
It was from an episode where everything was an 80s rock ballad music video, because Cyborg was addicted to a song and got in way too deep.
>>
>>54138294
Maybe? I think it's one of those things that keeps getting retconned.
>>
>>54138047
I do, and not in the slightest, respectively.
Unless you count destroying themselves fighting for something they don't believe in. That might fix something.
>>
>>54129794
>>54129867
>>54132032
>>54132615

I had originally chosen the bugs as the drop-in option simply because they didn't have much in the way of history, but I suppose dropping into a setting as you are and immediately turning into something else does kind of defeat the purpose.

Unless there are any last points to go over, I'll make a pdf and upload it to the drive.

https://pastebin.com/0nxQcrZ0
>>
>>54138047
I am not so arrogant as to believe my problems can't be fixed by ten years of Pokemon.
>>
>>54138470
What sort of payload can the rocket facility lift? How big are the rockets, how much weight can they carry, can they accommodate passengers or just do freight, that sort of stuff.
>>
>>54138047
Of course it'll fix what's wrong with me. By the time it's done, I won't be "me" anymore. Whoever comes out the other side will be so much better.
>>
>>54138047
>Have trouble envisioning their jumper being happy?
Not really, but that's because I don't need much to be happy. I'll admit it is harder when I'm trying to write for other characters though. Keeping track of motivations and stresses is always harder than it seems.

>In a healthy relationship?
This one I always seem to find easier, at least in the short term.

>Do you really think...?
Maybe, in the long term. But I don't really consider there to be a lot "wrong with me" that time, effort, and some laser eye surgery could fix.
>>
Alien*
rolling for aliens Roll(2d8)+0:7,1,+0 Total:8 one for each my companions, plus myself, one of which is a queen, this is trouble for most people. But we are not people.
drop in
navigation, free for drop in
intuitive direction -200 discount for drop in for drop in
fabrication -400
stocked kitchen -200
spare parts -200
once I realize what's happening to make a plan. I mean these things are clearly crawling around the ship
*note slotted in before seven deadly sins
1. bioscan everyone, power and mass for food aren't a problem, given the kinds of generators I use
1b. Everyone who passes the bioscan is evacuated into the warehouse . This place is dangerous!
2.everybody henshin up anyone new gets a beltroid, we need to cover our faces and the armor and weapons won't hurt.
3. Send in robots, acid proof puncture resistant Robots with automatic slug throwers in a constant stream down every Jeffries tube, hallway, etc. having them stand guard in strategic locations at every junction
4. Take corpses back for analysis, but have mother box, scan them to make sure they are corpses!
5. When the queen is found induce an implosion to make sure she and all the eggs are gone
6. Repair ship
7. Wait three years for pickup
>>
File: jeanne sit.png (159KB, 256x298px) Image search: [Google]
jeanne sit.png
159KB, 256x298px
>>54138047
No, but it makes me feel more fulfilled and happier, even if my difficult brain stuff probably won't ever leave me no matter what I do. As long as I have ways of dealing with it, I'll be okay.

Zephie TRIES to live a normal life with Diarmuid once but every time they try, it's just boring as shit when you're not training or fighting shit. Combat power doesn't really do much for power dynamics in a relationship, though. Diarmuid isn't afraid to call Zephie out and likewise, so I think they have an equal footing.

Writer is a lazy person who just wants to sit around, eat, sleep, piss, and fuck. Also work on magical girl stuff. CasCu and them are really chill about that with their family. They're content with their life. If they want someone to save the world, they just send off a friendly little animal buddy to recruit someone or send one of the powerful magical girls in their army to fight it. For social problems, they have enough perks to cause subtle changes in the world to fix them.

Aria...I'm sure she could have a relationship. Right now though, there are more important things to worry about. Like fighting evil. Just because you have problems doesn't mean you can't be happy. As for relationships, the only person her can think of who's eligible is probably Kiritsugu. But...eh. They have a long way to go to have a 'normal' relationship outside of a shag or two if they do reach that point.
>>
>>54138047
>Does anyone else have trouble envisioning their jumper being happy?
Nope. Hit Narnia early on for those zen, willpower, and 'you're always you' perks.
So I know what I want to be, have the willpower to achieve it, and have a way to maintain my identity through the whole process.
>Or in a healthy relationship?
Nope. Never was big on relationships to begin with, and with the way I move through worlds every ten years or so it makes it difficult to plant roots. Especially if you can't take anyone with you.
>Do you really think going on a multiversal adventure would fix what's wrong with you?
Of course not, I'm not silly. That's what the perks do. I go for mental health, anti-insanity, 'you're always you', willpower, and intellect perks every chance I get.
By the end of the chain I should be a nigh-omniscient zen being who is also down to earth and the sanest 'person' ever.
I'm going to become an Ancient Good.
>>
File: 1461105531878.jpg (161KB, 910x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461105531878.jpg
161KB, 910x1024px
>>54138047
I was about to type an entire post summarizing Decade's mindset and my thoughts on happiness, but really, it boils down to this:

If he was completely happy where he was, there wouldn't be a story. Conversely, things being depressing or failure-prone ALL THE TIME invalidates its own worth. Having to struggle for happiness and that struggle having meaning, to me, is fulfilling.

And a story needs conflict, so...yeah.
>>
>>54138047
Perks. I'm a living amalgamation of perks. So no, I can't imagine jumper me being anything but happy. There literally isn't another option
>>
>>54138686
Does Hard Mode in Cog Dis scale all enemies to your level?
>>
>>54138826
Not to your exact level, but they graduate from speedbumps to anywhere between 'oh my god this is annoying' to 'did this mook just stonewall us'.

It's not a 1:1 scale, but it is harder and will require a lot more effort.
>>
>>54135861
>>54136803

Nevermind. I got too excited and powered through it. Thoughts? Balance issues?

https://pastebin.com/9dWn3GGw
>>
>>54138850
Hmm... Okay. I'll adjust my build, then.
>>
>>54138686
Did Decade blow up the moon in Naruto?
>>
Hey, I've got a question; how does one go about creating daemonweapons?
>>
>>54139105
Bayonetta and Dark Souls.
>>
In Young Justice would kryptonite affect you if you have Drain No?
>>
>>54139204
It would probably still harm you but not take away your powers.
>>
>>54139238
Unless the drain is from a drawback. I don't remember how the half kryptonian weakness is formatted though.
>>
>>54138470
Did you replace one of the trees or did you just change the names around?
>>
>>54139105
Soul Eater
>>
>>54139417

just changed the names and placement.
>>
File: I Am Here!.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I Am Here!.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>54128662
Geneforge was the first time I did it. I spent....however the fuck many years, the games are never really clear, it is between 1 and 5 prepping, and learning, and mastering the art of Shaping.
Then, when the War was at it's biggest, most brutal, with the most insane and outright evil bastards at the head of the various factions. I enter the fray. A god damn TIDE of Creations, connected via a Neural Link to help prevent them going Rogue swept over the continent, to end the war and their insanity.

I've only pulled out all the stops a couple of times, but when I do it I over do it. I raised armies of Flesh and Steel to raze Commoragh, I unleashed legions of horrors on the Johj, and when the time came I unleashed my full might on the Yozi and the Neverborn, every form of monster, robot, or demon at my disposal.

I usually try to play to "the rules" of the universe I'm in, or at least use powers that can pass off as working by "the rules". But when I go all out, I END things.

>>54129572
Like that dude from One Piece?'

>>54130210
Infernals are best and most fun Exalts, bar none. Even without Devil-tiger they are fun as hell.

>>54133158
Because they want your money, endless money.
I can't get the one servant I really want, because she isn't out yet in the US version, and I haven't rolled my 2nd place(Jeanne) yet.
Hell I can't even get "Original Team". I have most of them, I'm still missing Artoria and EMIYA

On the other hand I got Hercules straight away, and that son of a bitch does WORK. If the enemy doesn't target him to death he will wreck EVERYTHING.

>>54133194
>getting one shot by a lvl 20 boss NP
>NP
No shit, NPs are battlefield changers. put Evade, or some other Invulnerability power, on the person you want to stay alive.

>>54133226
I would offer you my ID so you have a Hercules available whenever you need one.

Also Cockroach(Cu) is god damn amazing at what he does.
>>
>>54139961
S'alright, already ended up getting friends with Heracles and Vlad by chance from the support tab before missions. Level 60s and everything. Been a real help in some of the tougher missions. (You're also absolutely right with Cu in all his incarnations being fucking tanky as shit.)
>>
File: Alice.jpg (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
33KB, 512x512px
>>54133227
>Only had 8 bucks to spend this week
>Spent it on Steam Summer Sales
>Friends immediately buy me three multiplayer games to play with them.
My time is being eaten. Help.

>>54134057
Myself. The first Arc of my chain was about Justice overcoming certain personal issues. It took a while to conclude, and even then it wasn't 100% finished.

>>54137452
I hate those first two quotes, I really fucking do.
Shirou is dense as hell, he isn't very bright, this is true.
Both of those quotes make perfect sense in context. Hell the second quote makes sense out of context if you think for a second.

The third one i'm not sure on. It could be Shirou being legitimately stupid, which he is, or it could be another "out of context" like the other two.

>>54138047
The adventure itself? No not really. The fact I start out with people who care about me, and push me to confront my issues and overcome them? Yeah, that'll help.
>>
>>54140115
>Both of those quotes make perfect sense in context. Hell the second quote makes sense out of context if you think for a second.
Yeah. "People die when they're killed" isn't Shirou having some stunning epiphany about mortality, it's him pointing out that he's not normal. "Yeah, I know, people are supposed to die when they're killed. I don't. Weird, right?" It's just him phrasing something awkwardly, not him not understanding what death is. Quite the opposite, in fact.
>>
>>54140115
>The third one i'm not sure on. It could be Shirou being legitimately stupid, which he is, or it could be another "out of context" like the other two.
Shirou is literally explaining why people have birthdays to an emotionally stunted loli iirc.
>>
>>54138857

The House from UP is a weird thing to have but I can't think of what to replace it with.

Import is confusing with the whole 50-300 thing.
The Gang is overly expensive as most people wouldn't take it for free.

The jew drawback is a bit memey and doesn't really reflect the material all that much.It feels like you could have come up with more drawbacks given the source material.

Here are some drawback ideas: one where you're as amoral as the gang, one where registered sex offenders keep moving into your neighborhood and they look exactly like you but slightly fatter, alcoholism, one where people keep calling you a bird, one where your dad is a meth addict and you crave his approval but he never gives it, alimony to a cat woman, one where you have to get Paddy's to pass all health inspections as Charlie isn't doing it or fail, etc.
>>
I have significantly revised my Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch jump. Please let me know what you think.

In general, my changes are as follows:

I added in a new capstone perk for Local Humans only; my first attempt way back was a bust, but I think I found a way to avoid the whole problem the last one had.

I added in some new items, particularly for the Panthalassa and Air Spirit backgrounds to even out the number with the other options.

I edited some of the drawbacks and added some new ones.

I included pictures for visual effect.

Finally, I finally found a way to get in a background without it going all screwy as a PDF.
>>
>>54140387
Fair enough. I haven't seen Prisma Illya. I keep on intending to, because it's Fate and I like Fate, but I keep on doing other stuff instead.
>>
File: laser pointer.gif (35KB, 540x389px) Image search: [Google]
laser pointer.gif
35KB, 540x389px
To jump Morrowind and Skyrim early for gains, or later to wreck Dagoth and Thalmor faces?
>>
>>54137442
Well, you could jump Mount & Blade for some similarities.

>>54140115
>legitimately stupid, which he is,
Shirou isn't stupid at all. His problem is that, despite being physically human, he is mentally Inhuman. He has more in common with Nrvnqsr than with Taiga.

Incidentally, referencing the 10th is not simply an example, I actually believe that they have a lot in common.
>>
>>54140432
Read Prisma. It has way less filler fanservice then the anime and gets to the cool bits faster.
>>
>>54140440
Do one early and one later like I did.
>>
What would happen if the jumper assumed a dragon alt form while on the blessed isle?
>>
>>54140451
>It has way less filler fanservice then the anime
It's Justice, he'll want the fanservice.
>>
File: Shirou_vs_hetrosexuality.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shirou_vs_hetrosexuality.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>54140524
The fanservice is usually of the loli variety. Usually.
>>
>>54140552
>Implying he cares
>Implying he isn't a filthy harem loving deviant who mind-rapes people
>>
>>54140552
>not sure if the red hair is a guy or not
not sure if want...
>>
>>54140619
Pretty sure that's Shirou.
>>
>>54140619
That's Shirou, dude.
>>
File: I put on my robe and wizard hat.jpg (108KB, 810x656px) Image search: [Google]
I put on my robe and wizard hat.jpg
108KB, 810x656px
>>54140619
You want him.
>>
>>54140661
I would ask, but really I'm pretty sure I don't want to know
>>
>>54140661
The fuck.?!
>>
File: 1476560056165.jpg (119KB, 1232x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1476560056165.jpg
119KB, 1232x1197px
>>54140661

... I don't remember the VN being this awesome.
>>
>>54140681
>>54140709
You guys don't member much, huh?
>>
>>54140752
>RIC
>Shitposts a lot
>is a dick to evryone
R. I. C.
I. R. C.

ILLUMINATI!
>>
>>54140777
>Not realizing it's really I.C.R
>Irish Communist Revolution
>>
Jump # 160 World of Darkness Mortals
Staring location: Boston Massachusetts
Background: Innocent
Occult Path: Low thaumaturgy (100)
Perks
*Dream (0)
*See Auras (0)
*Luck Magic (0)
*Favorable Fortune (200)
*Striking Looks (100)
*Heart of a child (0)
*I’m an adult now (100, Discount)
*The world’s Greatest Superpower (200, Discount)
*The young prodigy –Singing, Dancing, Music (300, Discount)

As one who had lost those that they held most dear in this life to monsters I couldn’t help but devote myself to hunting and exterminating those that I could find.

My first order of business was taking care of the vampires that had killed my family. This was a bit harder because I was a kid and even if I was given leaway being a kid meant no one listened to me especially about stuff like this.

However being a masterful detective and having magical resources it was very easy to track them down as well as getting a feel for the supernatural underworld.

My wives just wanted to go slaughter to vamps. A part of me wanted to as well but that just felt wrong somehow. Still it was hard keeping them (It was really hard in the case of Arcueid and Akitsu) and my companions from taking vengeance for me. This version of me needed to avenge herself and avenge her family with her own powers.

One elaborate plan involving sneaking in to their base and with a super soaker filled with holy water later. I had succeeded in killing the vampires while they slept but I didn’t feel any better for it in fact I felt worse.

(to be continued)
>>
>>54140754
I don't member at all, to be honest
>>
>>54140795
I then turned to uniting survivors of attacks by other supernatural beings. At first was more of a support group than anything else. I knew we were being watched and that fact led to us being left alone.

However it didn’t really take much to start training people and building our little motley crew in to an organization.

Backed by a mysterious backer (It was me Barry) who funded and equipped us and with the training and skills I passed on we became our own little organization that stalked the night and hunted the hunters.

We generally stuck to those most problematic, thankfully we didn’t really tangle with the mages who ran the city as they generally didn’t bother normal humans. We pretty much cleared out the vampires of Boston and our organization soon spread beyond the boundaries of the city and soon the state.
>>
>>54140515
Nothing really special.

They'd be kinda confused about what kinda lizard you're supposed to be if it's a western-style dragon, and then attempt to murder you for probably being a Lunar Anathema if they saw you change shape.

If it's an eastern-style dragon, they'd just think you're a standard lesser elemental dragon. A powerful elemental, but only that.

The Immaculate Dragons are worshipped as an ideal, not as the actual dragons.
>>
>>54140777

Well, I won't discuss the shitposting,
But am I THAT much of a dick to people?
>>
>>54140902
>RICC
>A sub group of RIC
>As we all know RIC is really ICR, Irish Communist Revolution
>RICC must be ICCR, Irish Catholic Communist Revolution
>>
>>54140902
You're an attention whore, but I don't think you're a dick.
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.