[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Miniatures General /bmg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 319852.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
319852.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Same bat-time, same bat-general! Got a pretty good reception for the first thread, so I figured I'll make another one to continue

>Previous thread
>>54026647

>Link depository
https://pastebin.com/CA7T2D1b

Riddle me this- what Batmatch scenarios do you play often, and what do you not like to play? I think Chaos in the City is fucked, but as a TO I'm planning to pre-mark the zones before the tournament starts and run it as game 1
>>
>>54077115

Seems awfully quiet this time.

Any word on upcoming releases?
>>
File: Hero.jpg (22KB, 338x330px) Image search: [Google]
Hero.jpg
22KB, 338x330px
>>54077991
>Any word on upcoming releases?
Raven when?
>>
>>54077991
Unfortunately the month's releases were announced last week, but there's enough to expect that's already been shown, like:

Gorilla Grodd and crew
Raven
Hawk (of Hawk and Dove)
Scarecrow Militia henchmen pack
Militia Rattler Drone

There's also a shitload of stuff that's named in the team lists but don't have models yet, like King Shark and Supergirl
>>
>>54078369
I'm willing to bet they're holding Raven back for the rumoured magic book, which is supposedly due after the Harry Potter launch. Constantine is also a definite because he's in the back of the Flash/Arrow book as a tease
>>
>>54078371

More scarecrow militia? Gone sarnet I want more traditional scarecrow stuff...
>>
>>54078705
It's the last militia pack coming, it'll put the militia into around the same number of henchmen that most crews are at for their 'themed' sets like Harley's henchmen or the AC Penguins
>>
I wonder when Grodd will come out? Kinda curious what look they will go for with him.
>>
>>54081225
His model is shown in the Flash/Arrow book
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 366x138px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 366x138px
>>54084633
>>
>>54077115
Is there any starters except SS?
>>
>>54084996
There the crew starter but no there is no normal starter
>>
>>54084996
Pretty much all of the villain crews and police forces have at least one boss + 3 henchmen box.
>>
>>54085517
Okay is there anyway to build squad batfamily/titans?
>>
>>54078369
She's beautiful

More importantly when are we getting Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze
>>
>>54085801
You can do both. Bat family can be accomplished using a normal batman crew. There are special team rules for Teen titan lists (as well as birds of prey, suicide squad, and birds of prey)
>>
>>54087118
>birds of prey, suicide squad, and birds of prey
Second bird of prey was supposed to be secret six
>>
>>54087237
>was supposed to be secret six
But they don't have guys from secret six except of Bane, Deadshot and Catman
>>
>>54084652

Cool thanks. Only own the original rulebook so didn't see that.
>>
>>54087745
>But they don't have guys from secret six except of Bane, Deadshot and Catman
Yet
One of the playtesters/NA marketing guys was at adepticon and mentioned there a couple a hundred models in various stages of playtesting and sculpting/painting.
>>
>>54088829
If you go to the crew builder in the paatebin you can get a better feel for who can work with who.
>>
How's Mr. Freeze work and how well does he run when compared to others?
>>
>>54088974
I'm wondering, how up to date is it? When I was looking at it, it didn't have the Parliament of Owls models.
>>
>>54090833

They should be up within a week or two. There's a slight lag in updating it.
>>
I've been tempted by a few of the models, but fifteen gorillion dollars per model is not ok.

I know you maybe only need five, but the sculpts are hardly incredible, and I do not like working with metal - paying 50% over other model lines is just too far.

Having said that, does Pic Related run as a single crew/squad/gang?
>>
>>54091073
You will want to get more owls as well. Try picking up the O'Malleys and using the high court member as the leader.

I think the prices are justified as they are rather large at 35mm, the game requires very few figures, and the licensing fees don't come cheap. That said I think that they should at least discount older models. Compare the ones in your pic to the original Court of Owls starter for instance. The new ones just are better hewn, but both sets are priced the same. Some of the newer sculpts are just fantastic, but I can't say the same for some of the older ones.
>>
File: Knight-Models_The-Court-of-Owls.jpg (50KB, 960x320px) Image search: [Google]
Knight-Models_The-Court-of-Owls.jpg
50KB, 960x320px
>>54091394
>the O'Malleys
This lot?

How many figures per crew is the game balanced around?

Or, I guess more clearly and more relevantly, at the standard/default encounter points-level, how many Talons and evening-wear-wearers would I be bringing?

>I think the prices are justified

I get what you are saying re: licensing fees, but the other two - 'big' 35mm and few models - I don't really buy as valid.

At the end of the day, putting all that aside, you are paying a hell of a lot more for the same quality model.
>>
for any newer players I found this youtube channel. it has battle reports and character analysis too

>http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDknYWsmOOiWVXyPatFcYog/featured
>>
>>54092497
That's the right crew. The game usually plays at $1500 and 350 for reputation. The amount of models you run really depends, but with the owls you can use all eight of the aforementioned models, with some upgrades. Some setups use like 4 models, others may have a little more than 8.

Actually, after browsing through the Knight Models website, they have a nifty guide on how to play owls https://www.knightmodels.com/batman-miniature-game/how-to-start-a-court-of-owls-crew/
>>
>>54093357
>they have a nifty guide
Nice, cheers dude.
Still, a bigger force than I expected.

>>54092695
>battle reports and character analysis
The batreps seem between long and far too long, but the tactics mite b cool.
>>
>>54078369
Nice. Now we just need to see how stacked the Kori model is.
>>
>>54095047
Owls generally act like the inverse of most other factions. You have a really weak leader and sidekick, but hard hitting minions. Wheareas everyone else has weak henchmen, but stronger leaders and sidekicks. If you wanted to run a really elite crew you would probably want to look at another faction.
>>
File: 35DC125_STARFIRE.jpg (212KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
35DC125_STARFIRE.jpg
212KB, 391x500px
>>54097898
>>
>>54097952
I disagree as though compared to most crews it will be a lot more elite.
In such a crew owl you won't have chaff, the cheaper ones really want to stay alive.
The only ones who can get close in eliteness (except teams of course) are Bane and League.
>>
>>54101214
Great body, but WTF with her face?
>>
>>54102142
I think that's more shitting paint job as opposed to shirty sculpt
>>
So is this a dead game or what?
>>
>>54107619
Not a dead game, just a game with a very small player base.
>>
>>54107731
that's right but the small fan base is pretty committed to the game. I haven't played the DC Universe game but I absolutely love BMG. it has a really fucking steep learning curve though
>>
>>54107731
>>54107985
Perhaps this explains it - my FLGS has a bunch of models, but the owner says they don't sell a lot, and there are only four or five semi-regular players (and it's not a small store).

Just seems like it is hard to get into, between little IRL exposure, expensive models (yes, low model count yada yada) and a shortage of mentors/opponents.
>>
>>54108174
Keep in mind that the rules aren't free, nor easy to learn. I feel like if the rules were free (With the paid copies being there for pretty pictures fluff, some extra content) it would do a bit better. It's not a bad model either, as Infinity, Malifaux, Age of Sigmar, Guild Ball, among others do it. They can make money by focusing on selling the models.
>>
>>54108174
are you near philadelphia?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.