[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 73

File: 546.jpg (671KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
546.jpg
671KB, 811x542px
Shitposters galore edition

Thread died and like a phoenix from the ashes is reborn in the image of Fulgrim, Primarch of rEEE. This and more in >>54048886

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 ()

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
1st for custodes look shit no matter what
>>
File: Stern Judges.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Stern Judges.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>54075438
B'aw.

Working on a NL/TOTES BL SUCCESSOR captain/praetor with chainglaive/thunder hammer. I'm going to tidy up the armour and actually finish the model, but what do you guys think of the concept?
>>
>>54075518
What concept?
>>
File: Age of Darkness Army List.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
Here's the 8th edition army list, don't know if the link worked last bread.
>>
>>54075518
What's BL? Are your NL successors loyalist? What's their story? Not getting a sense of the concept here...

The scheme looks good though. Very Crimson Fisty, with formalized lightning strikes that look like one of the Emperor's favorite motifs.
>>
>>54075812
Thanks man, will check it out.
>>
File: donald erect.gif (565KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
donald erect.gif
565KB, 367x265px
>>54075812
I'm speechless, anon.
Who's responsible for this? It's better than what FW will do, I guarantee you that.
Especially the Breachers
>>
>>54075921

I was bored at work and made it. Working my way through every unit that's not covered by the FW indexes.
>>
>>54075518
Like the base model but the chain sword big needs to be changed, too obviously chaos chainsword, maybe mix two chain bits together
Serious case of thickness there, but yeah nice to see T4 blackshields
>>
>>54075812
>jetbikes go 14"
GOTTA
>>
>>54075812
Damn that's good. Costing it will be tricky, especially combi-weapons. And I wish I could think of ways to differentiate Tartaros and Indomitus armor. But still, very cool stuff.
>>
>>54075947
>TFW 8E makes Destroyers actually useful because of TWO bolt pistols, Chainsword, Counter attack and rad grenades
You're a good anon, anon. Better than that,e even.
>>
>>54075993
Yes, costing it is very difficult, my idea was to have both bolters and chainswords be 2pts so that combat blades still have a use as the cheapest choice.
>>54075967
Stolen from Sammael's profile.
>>
>>54075993
>I wish I could think of ways to differentiate Tartaros and Indomitus armor.

Aren't Indomitus suppose to have great targeting systems built in? That's why they have those cameras on them the other suits don't. Maybe add +1 to their BS rolls if they don't move or something?
>>
>>54075812
I honestly hope HH switches to 8th after a while having played it I immensely prefer it over 7th if only for the new ap system
>>
Alright so, let's make a Cost-Benefir analysis

>7E
Has vehicle facings
Has Initiative

>8E
AP system makes power swords and lightning claws suddenly not become useless against 2+ saves, which are more common in 30k
This would also mean Terminators aren't safe from Earthshakers anymore.
Movement isn't either 6" or 12"
>>
>>54075812
Is that the one from Bolter and Chainsword?
>>
>>54076262

Nope, haven't checked that one out yet. This is just something I made when I was bored.
>>
File: Leg-rec-p1.jpg (31KB, 764x285px) Image search: [Google]
Leg-rec-p1.jpg
31KB, 764x285px
>>54076253
>7E
Blast and template weapons are a thing. Maybe with 8E it is faster, but those things got CUKED.
>8E
Scout marines would be taken
>>
>>54076253
>7E
The psychic system isn't a dumbed-down piece of shit
>8E
The psychic system isn't an over complicated piece of shit
>>
>>54076253
>Has vehicle facings

On some vehicles. Bikes can still fire behind them with their forward mounted bolters, etc.
>>
>>54075812
>legion support squad
>The whole squad may exchange their bolter for one of the following weapons (every
model must choose the same): A rotor cannon, a volkite charger, a volkite caliver, a
plasma gun or a meltagun
>may exchange their bolter
>bolter
This should be flamer.
>>
File: 20170630_084847.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_084847.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Changed the hazard stripes on the launchers pls rate. Again loyalists as pert is a homo
>>
>>54076619
ohgodthebeesnotthebees/10
>>
>>54076619
Bee those stinger missiles?
>>
Back into painting after a five year hiatus. Need to get a whole new set of paints. Any tips on ready sets to cover HH needs?
>>
>>54076579
n00b here, haven't played since 4th ed. Don't infantry and infantry sub-types have a forward arc they can shoot in?
>>
>>54076619
Much better.

The helmets are still funny, but that also looks difficult to do.
>>
>>54076301
>Scout marines would be taken
If they gave Sniper Rifles back pinning they'd probably be taken more often.
>>
File: IMG_2342.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2342.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>54075518
That faggot is marked for death by Space-Batman McMeltyface.
>>
>>54076609
Thanks, corrected it. I will be back another day with an updated version. Adding Centurions and their variants is a pain with the new style of datasheets.
>>
>>54076579
Bikes aren't vehicles anymore than cavalry and Crisis Suits are vehicles.
>>
>>54076709
What scheme do you want?
>>
>>54076790
Then why do I need a license to ride one?

But I guess it's the same logic under which a massive walker with fixed guns and a crew can ignore all the rules a walker has: Because of reasons. It just makes people complaining about a tank being able to fire 360 and measure from any point of the hull that much ridiculous.
>>
Fulgrim is best Primarch and did nothing wrong.
>>
>>54075812
Anon, did you make this? Can we as a bread add to it? HEY GUYS I THINK WE FOUND THE THING TO KEEP US BUSY AND NOT SHITPOSTING FOR AWHILE!
>>
File: warp travel.gif (3MB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
warp travel.gif
3MB, 400x270px
>>54078266
>tfw not even fanmade 8E rules can revive this general
HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND
>>
>>54078266
I'd rather keep shitposting

btw, my space dad > your space dad
>>
>>54078785
if my space dad was a girl he would have bigger tits than your space dad (female)
>>
File: Space Father.png (602KB, 900x468px) Image search: [Google]
Space Father.png
602KB, 900x468px
>>54078785
>space dad
Emprah best spess dad. JK, he was a shitty dad but he's still your Emperor.
>>
>>54078853
>he's still your Emperor
I never voted for him.
>>
>>54078883
If you had to vote for him he wouldn't be the Emperor of Mankind. He'd be the President of Mankind, and the Imperium would be the United Planets of Man.
>tfw the right to bear lasguns
>>
>>54078818
what if his space dad is fulgrim?
>>
A few questions.

If the Emperor banned religionm why did he allow Woofs and Fenris to keep worshipping The Fenrisian wolf gods?

If the Emperor banned magic, then why did he allow the Rune Priests?
>>
>>54079412
fulgrim is a stereotypical flat jealous bitch
>>
>>54079442
>If the Emperor banned religionm why did he allow Woofs and Fenris to keep worshipping The Fenrisian wolf gods?
They kept to themselves and didn't proselytize or cause much fuss. Lorgar only got in trouble because he was converting every world he came across.

>If the Emperor banned magic, then why did he allow the Rune Priests?
It was a ban of all psychic powers within the Legiones Astartes. He didn't allow Rune Priests, they just ignored the Edict. They didn't get special permission as evidenced by a Wolf Priest having to lie about his powers to an agent of Malcador.
>>
>>54079577
>They didn't get special permission as evidenced by a Wolf Priest having to lie about his powers to an agent of Malcador.

What did he say exactly?
>>
>>54079763
Howl of the Hearthworld. The agent causes a big fuss about a Space Wolf still wearing a psychic hood after Nikea. The Rune Priest tells him he only kept it out of sentimentality and doesn't use his powers anymore but it's clear from the internal narration that he's lying. The other Wolves threaten to kill the agent for being rude so he grudgingly accepts the excuse.
>>
>>54079974
Thanks.
>>
Are there any legions where you're screwing yourself over by not taking a Primarch? Do loyalist armies from traitor legions face a big disadvantage?
>>
>>54079974

I'm now imagining the woofies loudly protesting about hurting his feelings.
>>
>>54079442
>If the Emperor banned religionm why did he allow Woofs and Fenris to keep worshipping The Fenrisian wolf gods?

Because they gave special status to his enforcers and their thing was exclusive to 1 planet so couldnt spread

>If the Emperor banned magic, then why did he allow the Rune Priests?

Rune Priests said they drew their power from the core of Fenris not from Terra. Though again it was the Emperor giving them special privileges
>>
>>54079442
As oddly out of character as it seems I sense the Wolves were just smart enough not to bring it up and just play it cool.

As opposed to Lorgar and Magnus who couldn't help shoving their rulebreaking in everyone's face.
>>
>>54080101
Not really, few people take primarchs all the time. If you face them often you might need a knight, like a lancer. Good matchup against a lot of them.

Alpharius is one of the better ones in terms of buffing your army, but loyalists can use Omegon using the same uh, model.
>>
>>54080400

Generally speaking, it seems the basic GC-era woofie (after finding Russ) was a street-smart dog and the higher up the ladder you go, the more likely you are to encounter a complete fucking jarhead of a moron. This also makes more sense after Russ leaves the Space Wolves, as they have gone on since to generally be far more heroic, courageous, and worthy of legend than the old lore which they revere.
>>
File: Witchmind.jpg (136KB, 1230x304px) Image search: [Google]
Witchmind.jpg
136KB, 1230x304px
>>54080400
>I sense the Wolves were just smart enough not to bring it up and just play it coo
The only thing cool about them is Russ' fridge armour. The wolves are fucking hypocrites who believe rules don't apply to them and that they can do whatever they want.
I wish Azkaellon had thrown them out of the airlock.
>>
>>54080606

Someone hasn't read the Wolf King novella.

The whole entire point of it was Russ learning the SW needed to change from how'd they'd been portrayed to their 40k version. And his resolve to do so.
>>
>>54080319
>Rune Priests said they drew their power from the core of Fenris not from Terra.
The unique nature of where the Rune Priests draw their power was not only never discussed, but it's irrelevant to the ruling. Wherever they get their psychic power it's still psychic power (the books confirm Rune Priests are psykers). The Emperor banned ALL psykers within the Legiones Astartes not just sorcery.

>Though again it was the Emperor giving them special privileges
No. Neither the Emperor nor Regent Malcador ever gave the Wolves special privileges to ignore Nikea. This is a blatant lie.
>>
>>54080885
>(the books confirm Rune Priests are psykers).

Rules =/= lore. Avatars of Khaine for examples are not daemons.

Psykers tap into the Warp to get their powers, Rune Priests tap into Fenris to gain their powers. Unlike Warp usage, there is no threat of corruption because the power of Fenris is inherently pure.
>>
>>54080952
>I'm talking about the lore. In Inferno they are referred to as "undoubtedly psykers" and in Prospero Burns the Rune Priest talks being a psyker. They wear psychic hoods. In the codexes they are referred to as pyskers and psychic powers. Isn't the Spirit of Fenris a Warp entity anyway just a benign one?

A high ranking agent of Malcador was taken aback so it clearly wasn't official. If they were innocent why would they lie?
>>
>>54080952
>Avatars of Khaine for examples are not daemons.
>Fragment of a warp deity's power
No, they are pretty explicitly daemons. They're just not aligned with the Chaos Gods. Kind of a square rectangle thing, if non-similar rectangles were trying to kill you.
>>
>>54081022
>If they were innocent why would they lie?

Because non-Fenrisians wouldn't understand the distinction.
>>
>>54081085
Non-Fenrisians like the Emperor and Malcador apparently.
>>
>>54081112
Hey, Russ wanted to relocate the Space Wolves away from Fenris since he rationalised that planet wasn't suited to raise a legion. The Emperor made him to stick to the planet and continue to with the persona that he hated.
>>
>>54081146
>Hey, Russ wanted to relocate the Space Wolves away from Fenris since he rationalised that planet wasn't suited to raise a legion.
That's kind of weird. It's a really harsh and deadly world so it seems suitable for raising marines. Quite a few Primarchs deliberately keep their home worlds barbaric and savage to cull the weak from their recruiting population.

I don't really hold anything against the Space Wolves but it's a pet peeve of mine when their players deny the blatant hypocrisy. It makes the Rout more interesting. At least you didn't doom humanity forever so you'll never be as bad as Magnus.
>>
>>54081146
That kind of But What About This drifting rationalisation is part of the reason people don't like SW. Shifting and scrabbling around to find inferences and reasons why the Space Wolves weren't breaking a ruling from the Allfather that said 'Don't employ psykers as psykers, they must become ordinary line warriors and refrain from using their powers'.
Their powers could be generated from the world spirit of Cuddleytron the Handholder and all they'd ever used them for was making friends and it'd still be in violation.
It's part of their entire theme and legion character that the SW are the dickead arrogant Whaddya Got rebels and trying to find some way out of it for them that isn't bullshit is a misunderstanding or ignoring of this because one fell for their memes.

At least Yesugei understands the ruling applies to Stormseers, tries to live by it, realises he can't as Chogorian culture isn't compatible with it, and makes the choice to break with it.
>>
File: 1496729604632.jpg (18KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
1496729604632.jpg
18KB, 250x364px
>>54078211
>Fulgrim is best Primarch and did nothing wrong.

Imagine being Perturabo in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Fulgrim, you fuckin' fine, all perfect with your snake body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally give my lifeforce to you, both my persona and the real me." when all he really wants to do is design another aesthically flawless city. Like seriously imagine having to be Perturabo and not only sit in that chair while Fulgrim flaunts xher's disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing xher's scales and feminine face, and just sit there, minute after minute, hour after hour, while xhe ascended to Daemonhood. Not only having to tolerate xher's monstrous fucking visage but xher's haughty attitude as everyone on Iydris tells xhim xhe's THE PARAGON OF PERFECTION and DAMN, FULGRIM LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch xher's tranny fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been conquering nothing but a healthy diet of non-compliant worlds and later Loyalist strongholds for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Olympia. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on xher's dimpled stomach as xhe sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in xher's "perfect (for that is what xhe calls xherself)" beauty, the beauty xhe worked so hard for by being Slaanesh' bitch in the previous months. And then Fulgrim praises xherself again, and you know you could kill every single Astartes on Iydris before Slaaneshi daemons could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Perturabo. You're not going to lose your future daemonhood over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>54075812
>No Mechanicum list
>No Solar Auxilia list

*Sight....

Well, you're still awesome anon, keep it up.
>>
File: tumblr_o5sulzyVVO1qgd40oo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1641px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5sulzyVVO1qgd40oo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1641px
>>54081328
>xhe
Fulgrim was a man, anon. He's now a daemon, so you can call it "it" if you want to.
>>
>>54076619
Replace the noes stripes with a bronze color and put stripes on a greave or a smaller area and you'll be fine. Seriously stripes on the face like that is retarded af.
>>
So what're the guesses on what's up for preorder from FW tomorrow?
>>
>>54078664
Fuck, can I float through the warp with you buddy? I'll bring a 12 pack and we can watch the demons and gay elf sex/rape together. 20 space bucks says you can nail the powerbottom elf in the head with an empty can!

>>54078785
Yeah? well my space dad ended up fucking the imperium harder than a asian chick in an interracial gangbang! :)

But for fuckin reals lets do this shit
>>
>>54081241
>It's a really harsh and deadly world so it seems suitable for raising marines.
A chapter's worth, sure. A legion? Seems like it'd put too much pressure on the population. It'd be losing its best males before procreation, and it takes quite a few per successful marine.
>>
>>54082449
I can't recall if Russ was as autistic as Jaghatai/Mortarian about (almost) exclusively recruiting from his home, surely there'd be a minority of recruits from other possibly also ice-ridden feral worlds?

Also IIRC I think Inferno states/implies that "suitable candidates" from other feral worlds get shipped to Fenris to ensure its population isn't exhausted by SW recruitment
>>
>>54082527
It wasn't up to Russ, the Emperor told him to recruit exclusively from Fenris because he wanted a legion of killers; Leman himself hated Fenris
>>
>>54082449
Don't make me run the numbers again, anon. Terra isn't even a Hive planet and it can support two legions already. Not chapters, legions.
>>54082527
IIRC there was something special about Fenrisians that made them accept SW geneseed easier than populations of other planets. Don't ask me how the Terran pre-Russ pre-Cup_of_the_Wulfen SWs were made.
Furthermore, it depends on how much population can a death world support.
Barbarus was a death world but had villages (unlike Nocturne's only 6-7 cities), and the legion supposedly had huge attrition rates yet it still was 90000+ marines. That's ~80% of other legions' numbers from a single death world
>>
>>54082873
>Terra isn't even a Hive planet
Since when?
>>
EC-anon here, likin' how that 8th edition ruleset is looking so far. I haven't been in the thread much lately, been busy looking for work, playing some new games, and cleaning up my new Mad Cat and resin Phobos LR. In the interest of keeping the LR a bit more HH styled, I've kept the TL HBolter armor plating off, as well as removing the upper tread guards to mimic the Spartan and Phobos. If anyone is interested I can take a shot of it in the morning.
>>
>>54082873
>Don't make me run the numbers again, anon. Terra isn't even a Hive planet and it can support two legions already. Not chapters, legions.
How does that prove anything? Fenris would have a tiny fraction of the population of Terra. Far less than 1/2. The surface is scattered with primitive tribes clinging to life, not country sized cities.
>>
>>54082890
I meant 2017 Earth. It's not a Hive Planet YET.
And it can support two legions and without having to give up all your children, using only kids from India and China. China noted to have a single-child policy, meaning infant production could be increased fucking easily. Fucking.
>>54082914
>Fenris would have a tiny fraction of the population of Terra
I meant 2017 Earth. With city-sized cities
>>
>>54082754
>Leman himself hated Fenris

This keeps getting brought up, but where in the fluff does it mention this?
>>
>>54082950
Wolf King.

It's also where the "merely pretending to be retarded" thing comes from.
>>
>>54082934
Fenris has an official M41 population of 3,400,000. Its population would probably have been smaller during the Great Crusade but let's be generous and assume it was the same. That's far too small to sustain a legion by your calculations.
>>
>>54082988
Wtf I retract what I said
Holy shit not only there are no wolves on Fenris
>THERE ARE NO FENRISIANS ON FENRIS
>>
Anyone have a link to the Path of Heaven audiobook? I drive all day for a living.
>>
>>54082527

Was the Kahn really all that autistic about it? I mean Scars opens up with a terran getting recruited into the legion.
>>
>>54075518

>T H I C C
>>
>>54083201
To be fair it was more of a sliding scale, even Mortarian accepted non-Barbarus recruits out of necessity, but I'm pretty sure the Kahn preferred to recruit from Chogoris
>>
>>54083191
Audiobookbay nigga. It has the Horus Heresy audiobooks 1-42.
>>
>>54083254

Oh shit son. You just changed my life. Thank you
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legio-Custodes-Telemon-Heavy-Dreadnought-2017

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Legio%20Custodes%20Telemon%20Dreadnought.pdf
>>
>>54078266
Please feel free to contribute. I check the breads regularly.
>>
>>54083629
I hate that thing. Will FW ever stop making le bigger dreadnoughts xDDDD
>>
>>54083809
Only when we get a Titan-sized Dreadnought.
>>
File: 1416873158034.jpg (32KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
1416873158034.jpg
32KB, 400x268px
>>54083629
Same money cost as a leviathan in Leaf and Aus bucks, kicks the leviathans ass all day erry day.

Cheaper in points as well. The fuck is this?
>>
File: IMG_1760.jpg (190KB, 1000x1157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1760.jpg
190KB, 1000x1157px
>>54083629
God I love it I'm so glad I preordered two.
>>
>>54083629
> Isn't a LoW
> My perfect army symmetry is ruined

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54076579
They could always do that anon.
>>
>>54084238
How's painting your ninety-plus Custodians coming along?
>>
>>54080631
Don't worry the Flesh Tearer kills them all.
>>
>>54084841
Yeah. That's the point.
>>
>>54080631
>The wolves are fucking hypocrites who believe rules don't apply to them and that they can do whatever they want.
Well, the are the Emperor's chosen executioners, they obviously should have the edge over legions who incur big E's wrath.
>>
>>54084884
Based Amit enforcing the Emperor's law.
>>
>>54084933
Enforcing the Emperors Law, almost completely consumed by the Red Thirst on Signus Prime... sure.
>>
>>54084931
>they obviously should have the edge over legions who incur big E's wrath
Maybe you think that, maybe they thought that, but there's no indication that the Emperor thought so or gave them a pass on Nikea. Howl of the Hearthworld, in fact, showed explicitly that they did not have the Throne's approval.

>>54084962
He also had a thirst for justice.
>>
>>54084931
>Russ turns traitor
>everybody's fucked now

Well done anon
>>
>>54085029
>Russ turns traitor
>Russ gets tag-teamed by Angron and the Lion
>SWs get rekt by the Thousand Sons
>everything went better than expected
>>
>>54085116
Im okay with this; honestly it would have been cooler to have a zen-berserker version of Angron or he decides to mutual kill Fulgrim or Curze or something; his legion stops and Kharne finally says, "hey maybe we should learn from Super-dad's heroic sacrifice chopping up our dick super uncle, we need to become better than murder machines"

Dunno, I think they could have done so much more to flesh out the World Eaters beyond, AXE TO THE FACE

If not the WE then a sizable loyal chunk of the SoH that didnt get blown up?
>>
>>54085298
I'm fine with the World Eaters and Angron as they are. I think Betrayer did a great job of characterizing them.
>>
>>54083629
That possibly sounds like a little much. It's either a Leviathan with a Paragon Blade, two AP2 Heavy Flamers, better defences and a couple other bits, or it's a shooty dread with four Laser Destroyers or two Storm Cannon, at once and still tougher. So it's just a better Leviathan, then? At least it can't deepstrike IIRC, since the only way I'm managing to kill that is a Droplite squad.
>>
>>54081532
Waiting for IA14, Mechanicum is my primary army, but I am giving FW the benefit of doubt.
I will come around to Solar Auxilia later.
>>
>>54084873
>all custodes players are the same guy
Just stop already, it's fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>54085554
>So it's just a better Leviathan, then?
Yeah but what did you expect from Custodes, all their units are +1 on the equivalent marine unit. The only thing that bugs me about this is the points, 350 base sounds fair. Even without DS it can shoot the whole board.
>>
>>54085671
>getting mad at memes
>>
>>54085350
Hmm, suppose your right; should give that book a read through
>>
>>54085692
2 of the Custodes players in here absolutely cannot handle any bants whatsoever, it's hilarious.
>>
File: Upgrading_enemy_encounters.jpg (215KB, 480x623px) Image search: [Google]
Upgrading_enemy_encounters.jpg
215KB, 480x623px
>>54078928
MAY NOT BE INFRINGED!
>>
>>54085692
>not getting mad at memes
>>
>>54085684
It's not that I didn't expect it to be strong, it's just that it's not priced like it's stronger. Like all Custodes vehicles, honestly. I would expect around 375.
>>
>>54085884
Just like in the books.

>Xaphen seemed to take a kind of wicked delight in baiting them at every turn. Philosophical arguments almost always ended with Vendatha or Aquillon needing to leave the chamber before they struck the Chaplain
>>
>>54085884
What did they expect? There's not really any army that doesn't get poked at.

Dark Angels are forgettable treelovers, Emperor's Children are foppish dandies, Iron Warriors are bitter dicks, White Scars are speed-obsessed nikea-flouters, Space Wolves are yiffs, idiots and worst Legion, Imperial Fists are too dour to enjoy their wall masochism, Night Lords are incompetent psychopaths, Blood Angels are overly embellished and overly wangsty, Iron Hands have weak necks and are going against dad's will, World Eaters are insane idiots jamming archaotech into their heads, Ultras are traitorous breakaways, Death Guard are poison huffing dicks with even MORE daddy issues than normal, Thousand Sons are witches and overly obsessed with their innocence, Sons of Horus are boring as sin, Word Bearers are nutcases and Lorgar is crazy, Salamanders have a Vulkan Lives obsession as well as the fire fetish, Raven Guard are even MORE wangsty and also useless and the Alpha Legion is constructed solely of purest meme.
Thunder Warriors are snowflake bullshit, other Blackshields don't exist, Knights Errant are useless and Shattered Legion likewise.
Solar Auxilia magically disbanded, Imperial Militia is irrelevant and Knights are cheesy bastard mode in army form. Custodes are all somehow identical special snowflakes with schizophrenic art style.
Cybernetica are literally all hereteks, Ordo Reductor worship the Crater and the Mechanicum as a whole are superstitious incompetent autists with a StormWhale fetish.

Did I miss anyone? Istvaan Legions got taken out too quickly to meme them much, I'll admit.
>>
>>54083629
Costs too much. I know, I know, elite army, but 300+ for a single model is absurd, especially for what it brings for that cost.
>>
>>54086380
>Dark Angels are... treelovers
You take that back! I will drop Phophex all over your forests and then engage the survivors with my chainsaw sword.
>>
>>54075586
"BA" successors who are, in fact, NL.

>>54075887
I meant BA. Extremely half-baked lore (to justify the DC/Assault Squad I built for my aborted Lamenters and then expanded on by stuffing models I wasn't using elsewhere in there.

The red hands are a NL thing where people who commit crimes far beyond what they could ever repay are marked for death at Curze's leisure. i figured; NL who after Thramas reacted the way you might after a night of bingedrinking and wanted to redeem themselves might mark themselves that way. Not 100% if it's just officers/1st company (who are the only ones to be 100% in the know).

Basically pale, cowardly "BA" clad in midnight with chainblades on sticks.

>>54075959
I wanted the chain blade to be curved, to really scream "glaive" you know?
>>
File: Konrad Curze.jpg (23KB, 236x323px) Image search: [Google]
Konrad Curze.jpg
23KB, 236x323px
This is Konrad, say something nice about him!
>>
>>54086715
There isn't much about them that indicates that they are pretending to be Blood Angels. You've just painted Night Lords, consider red shoulder pads or something.
>>
>>54086876
It's more obvious on the Assault Marines, but thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to take that into consideration. Maybe I can add some teardrops or wings or something...
>>
>>54086380
>Blood Angels are overly embellished and overly wangsty
This is a negative how?
I guess in that they aren't EVEN MORE wanked is probably a downside.
Point taken, clever Anon.
>>
>>54086727
Watching Johnson smashfuck him was pretty entertaining to read.
>>
>>54086945
Aye, there wasn't much I could really say about them, since we don't have much on them in 30k yet that isn't Sangy smashing various beasties and bad guys in the face and generally being cool. Had to get a little creative ;)
>>
File: Telemon Paldronius.png (140KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
Telemon Paldronius.png
140KB, 800x512px
>>54086397
>>54083629
Fourteen S7 AP3 shots.
Would be S18 and punch through a fucking Titan if it was 8E
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but don't you think it's TOO MUCH?
>>
>>54087412
Nope. The very highest elite of the Custodes get interred, and there are less than half a dozen of them.

They're literally rarer than Traitor/Loyalist Primarchs.

Imagine taking one down. Imagine taking three down.
>>
Typically braindead editing from forgeworld as usual.
30pts for each cannon? 30 pts for two cannons? 30 pts to swap both fists for one cannon? Let the rEEEEE commence.
>>
>>54087602
Remember back in the day when killed Custodians were interred in Dreadnoughts? And when someone asked "What kind of Dreadnought" there were only TWO answers.
Gold Boxman and Contemptberg
>>54087672
If you want to swap both fists for a cannon instead of a fist per cannon, that's up to you
>>
>>54087740
To be fair, they do have Contemptors. Theirs are just a bit more tricked out.
>>
File: Proper Dreadnought Terror.jpg (361KB, 1920x1310px) Image search: [Google]
Proper Dreadnought Terror.jpg
361KB, 1920x1310px
>>54087602
Oh, I am so smashing them up with Droplite squads as they slog their non-Deepstrikeable asses forward.
Killing Custodes with volleys of artillery, expendable Levy swarms and picking away at them with Thallax is already the most satisfying thing, when my saboteur squad and their ride is done I'm going to enjoy burning the finest of the Emperor's Guard with dime-a-hundred Secutarii.

What's the most snowflake fluff you've ever encountered, anons? There was a guy at my store who wanted his Night Lords to all have psyker powers to make them basically Marine Mandrakes, but when we explained how idiotic that was he actually cooked up some rather nice Iron Hands fluff and went for that instead. Think the NL were his first go at Your Dudes, and everyone's made one or two fuckups there. Now he has a cool Iron Hands company who focus heavily on sensor tech to Know Thine Enemy, so cyber-eyes, nuncio-voxes on every squad, Damocles Rhino guiding drop Dreads despite them not needing it THAT much, lots of cool stuff.

Paints damn fast, too. Can't wait to play him.
>>
>>54087938
>Killing Custodes with volleys of artillery
What about their Arae Shrike scramblers? Even non-scattering Ironfire would struggle a bit.
Also, what's a marine mandrake?
>>
>>54086397
I've just noticed that it technically doesn't get that Unyielding/Undying Sentinel rule because they wrote down the wrong name on the datasheet rules section. Obvious what RAI is, but come ON, Forge World.

>>54087981

Mandrakes as in Dark Eldar Mandrakes, who are like Shadow Daemons, phasing though shadows to stab people out of walls and such.

And as for Arae-shrikes, I just fire three Medusae, with PotMS to avoid multiple barrage, and hope one of them rolls well. Not too hard, especially since the 3" coherency actually sometimes nabs me one hit with an otherwise missed shot 'cause they're sprawled over the board. And I have Ursarax waiting for cleanup duty, so I can afford to let a couple stragglers though while I shoot other full squads.
>>
File: WP_20170630_005.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170630_005.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>54087938
The most snowflake fluff I've encountered was actually of my own creation (I'm sure this comes as a great surprise to you).

Basically, a 3rd Founding Chapter made with Black Templar geneseed, except the missing organs were replaced with DA. They ruled a cluster of worlds Ultramarine-style and were made out of 6 Brotherhoods consisting of 600-ish Astartes each, further divided into 5 Fellowships of ca 125 Astartes that deployed Company-style. Each Brotherhood specialized in something, but as a whole each guy did his own thing. I think an early version had them being Blanks or something.

they were my first real effort of making an army, so I kept a few of the models. be in awe of my mastery.

Grey Templars ho!
>>
>>54086397

Should really have enhanced movement.
>>
>>54088066
>Black templars, alright
>...with DA missing organs
>Black templars not crusading, but actually settling down and ruling a cluster
>With Fellowships
Anon, don't fool yourself: those are Dark Angels.
>>
>>54087740
>Outta my way, traitor fucking shits
>>
>>54088099
O-only slightly...
>>
For a point value just below a fucking knight? Yes, actually. It's by no means a bad unit, but I'd rather have something else for the points.
Also, it's not 8th (unfortunately), and even then S18 is basically only relevant in that it wounds on 2+ vs T9, which is exceedingly rare.
>>
File: Legio-Custodes-Orion-Gunship.jpg (67KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
Legio-Custodes-Orion-Gunship.jpg
67KB, 1000x573px
This Custodes flyer thing looks like a Tau plane. Why must their vehicles look like xenos stuff?
>>
>>54088370
I wonder if FW or GW make Overlord gunship.
>>
So, one and half months until the next open day. What do you guys expect to see?

I'm expecting either a soft release date for Angelus or a delay.
>>
>>54088370
it really does, fuck that thing.
>>
>>54086727
He understood what the Emperor and Imperium were all about.
>>
>>54088420
The things about its size is pretty much a clear FW badge.. but maybe GW will throw a left fielder?
>>
File: gargoyle_by_karanak-d8n2ymc.jpg (216KB, 1500x734px) Image search: [Google]
gargoyle_by_karanak-d8n2ymc.jpg
216KB, 1500x734px
>>54088828
could have had this
>>
>>54088610
Knight heads.

But seriously, I think/hope they may preview some of the SW unique units. I don't even play them, but it's a bit weird they've got rules for all this stuff and not a single glimpse of a model.
>>
>>54089132
I always see that kind of tilt-engine VTOL in service of mortals, Anon. Never marines.
Except Halo.
>>
>>54088370
I like it. Should I kill myself?
>>
>>54088370
>Why must their vehicles look like xenos stuff?
The Eldar were probably a strong influence on humanity as it started creeping up to their level of technological advancement.

Though personally, I think that flyer looks perfectly human. Not Martian, not Tau, just future-Terran. And kind of ugly.
>>
>>54089545
No, pain glove should suffice.
>>
>>54088370
>the custodes have a flyer rather than teleport everywhere
YOU FUCKED IT UP BLIGH YOU FUCKED IT TO HELL
>>
>>54089664
can't teleport through void shields
>>
>>54089664
>>54089664
*teleports behind you*
Pssh nothin personnel marine
*unsheaths spear*
>>
>>54088054
>I've just noticed that it technically doesn't get that Unyielding/Undying Sentinel rule because

They've updated the PDF.
>>
>>54088370
You think they'd photoshop out that fuckhuge moldline.
>>
File: Tiny pic for manlets.png (176KB, 738x293px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny pic for manlets.png
176KB, 738x293px
>>54089545
Shitty taste is no grounds for self-termination.
You don't get off this ride that easy.
>>54089595
You, on the other hand, make me angery.
>>
>>54089741
Except Sanguinius did
>>54089753
fuck off Fulgrim we known my sword is longer than yours and less curvy
>>
>>54089741
>siege of terra campaign book
>have to roll for random battlefields
>one is void-shielded
>all DS troops are immediately killed
>>
File: Page29.jpg (2MB, 2538x3647px) Image search: [Google]
Page29.jpg
2MB, 2538x3647px
>>54089807
Someone doesn't remember Horus specifically lowered the shields to bait the Emperor to teleport shipside.
Boarding ships exist specifically because void shields block teleporting.
>>
>>54089834
Stop posting that shitty comic

[Spoiler] t. Word Bearer [/spoiler]
>>
File: Page30.jpg (1MB, 2538x3659px) Image search: [Google]
Page30.jpg
1MB, 2538x3659px
>>54089864
:^)
>>
>>54089894
>hold the line
>when charging
Really made me think anon
>>
>>54089834
>enemy 2 metres away
>I SEE THEM
Well done that smurf, top work.
>>
File: Combat Losses.jpg (117KB, 746x768px) Image search: [Google]
Combat Losses.jpg
117KB, 746x768px
>>54089962
>>54089963
If you don't know wtf you're doing, the enemy cannot predict your actions ;^)
>>
>>54081669
Sexist. I bet you don't think Space Marines should be women too.
/s
>>
>>54089999
Lord of Iron speaks digits.
>>
>>54089999
These numbers...
>>
>>54082978
He's not retarded, just an uncomprising, incapable of empathy or understanding any other point of view except his own because he is right, plus a dick and massive hypocrite in denial. I'm really starting to get annoyed with this retconning.
>>
>>54089834
>I see them!
At that distance I'd be more worried if you didn't.
>>
>>54090030
I think SoS should have a male non-marine T3 3+ save equivalent. And they do, as Survivors of a Dark Age
>>
>>54090170
Culexus.
>>
>>54083017
"We're shipping you to Fenris; a cold, uncompromising world that makes 18th century Australia look easy because the natives can't fuck fast enough to replace all the Space Wolves that get shot to shit or fall to Chaos. No, you don't get a choice. The Emperor Protects. "
>"Obviously He doesn't, otherwise you wouldn't be sending me there."
"Do you want to be shot for heresy?"
>"Given the options, yeah."
>>
>>54090185
I should have written SoB instead of SoS. My bad
>>
File: Leman R Kennedy.png (220KB, 546x482px) Image search: [Google]
Leman R Kennedy.png
220KB, 546x482px
>>54082754
>Leman himself hated Fenris
>>
>>54089894
Buddha strikes again
>>
>>54089834
>assaulting through gun ports

What's stopping the WB from just... Y'know... firing through those ports?
>>
>>54090211
this is 30k country, get out of here with your loser 40k stuff
>>
>>54085884
It's not banter if you literally just mock them each time. There's no real playfulness in mockery with the same joke no one but a few people find funny.
>>
>>54090577
The chaos gods dock them sportsmanship points if they do that.
>>
>>54090107
He's only like that because he's the loser primarch, none of his brothers like him because of what he's done and avoid him, thus he plays the bad boy rebel so they don't think it gets to him, but it does.

In private he has a more Magnus like personality
>>
>>54090624
Tell us more about how your feelings get hurt when someone references a thing about a guy making fun of another guy for that guy thinking that repeatedly mentioning the amount of models he had would make other people jealous.
>>
File: Execution Hour.jpg (138KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
Execution Hour.jpg
138KB, 600x661px
>>54089834
>>54089894
Somewhere in the world Gordon Rennie read this and despaired.
>>
>>54090874
Man there are a lot of assumptions in that run-on statement alone.

Do me a favor and reread all of that. Then tell me exactly why it sounds ridiculous.
>>
Why is the Ordo Sinister PsiTan locked to Loyalists? I know only they actually had the things, but it would seem like an excellent way to represent various horrific traitor abominations and such. I could see a Titanicus group working with some Genetors to make a regenerating Titan with a gigantic poison cannon or something.

Also, why no PsiHounds or PsiReavers?
>>
>>54090874
Why do you assume stating model count would make people jealous? No one actually does that.
>>
>>54091050
Because they're based on Terra.

Same reason we can't play loyalist WB
>>
>>54091050
>but it would seem like an excellent way to represent various horrific traitor abominations and such
Maybe wait for the dark mechanicum book before complaining about the lack of dark mechanicum stuff? mubles about dark mechanicum already having more stuff that loyalists
>>
>>54091132
Fair point, I'm kinda hoping they won't screw my Word Bearers in that book by giving all the other Traitors Daemons too but nothing to make the WB better at it at all. Or screw my Mech by forcing Traitor Mech to trade out a bunch of normal options for the Darkmech stuff, although that's unlikely.
Still, more gargantuan war machines to Counts-As for cool shit is always nice, and that Tenebrae Cannon is too damn sexy. I wonder what it'll look like.

>>54091116

Did you actually read the second half of the post?
>>
>>54087782
Personally I find the tricking out to be terrible. Like they went "how do we make this a 'custodes' thing?" and only thing they could come up with was to make it a big custodian. Lazy.

I'm planning on getting a FW relic contemptor with a twin-HB and a power fist arm, and using it as a custodes dread with 2 fists and storm bolters.
>>
>>54091386
Well I don't get your question then.

The Dark Mechanicum had creepy titans of their own, which I assume will be featured in either the shadow crusade book, or failing that, definitely in the Mars book
>>
>>54083201
>Was the Kahn really all that autistic about it?
The Khan was a stickler for the Chogorian culture permeating his legion, and given the choice, preferred recruits from his homeworld. That being said, he wasn't a jackass about it. If you took in the culture, and did the noble savage thing, Terrans could rise to whatever rank they had the capacity for.

It also helps that Chogoris wasn't a fucking death world, it was a pretty nice place, so it COULD actually support a legion. He wasn't trying to claw 100k recruits from a world where the air kills you. It was just rolling steppes, pretty mountains, and cool alien falcons.
>>
>>54089962
>what is a counter charge
>>
>>54089775
They know the fanbois will buy three anyway.
I'm surprised they even show a picture at this point. Instead of just saying "give us money for this new thing. Trust us, you'll love it."
>>
>>54090607
>Says get out of here
>When 30k is the game that does have power armoured mortals that don't lose their power armour privileges if they happen to have a Y chromosome
Reminder a Survivors Of The Dark Age planet was holding its own against the EC so the BA and UM had to be called in as well.
:^)
>>
>>54091660
Reminder that IW were called in to deal with problems other, lesser Legions couldn't handle all the time only to get cucked out of glory
>>
>>54091693
>IW
Who?
>>
File: 1494766727200.jpg (18KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494766727200.jpg
18KB, 292x300px
>>54091718
>>
File: comrade in arms.png (224KB, 338x444px) Image search: [Google]
comrade in arms.png
224KB, 338x444px
>>54091718
Those comrades in arms :^)
>>54091693
:^(
>>
>>54091446
He also believed in allowing people to assume anything about him and didn't care because assumptions breed complacency and gave him an advantage because he didn't assume anything about you.
>>
>>54091767
Yet that can easily backfire, as seen in the case of Russ and his Wolves when he was abandoned by the Khan because he wasn't sure of his loyalty
>>
>>54091748
:,^(
>>
File: 1467542118454.png (131KB, 315x263px) Image search: [Google]
1467542118454.png
131KB, 315x263px
>>54091718
>Rogal Dorn approves
>>
>>54091810
>>
>>54091825
>brother, it appears there's some muck on your hel- AH WHAT THE FUCK DUDE
>>
>>54091856
>STAB A FIST
ONCE A DAY TO KEEP
THE SELF-HATE AWAY
REEEEEEE

Attributed to winner of the Galactic Popularity Contest, Jago Kek
>>
>>54091795
As I said earlier, Russ really wasn't into the whole "Maybe I should see if my brothers are loyal in deed, just not easy or very keen on being understood by others." instead of jumping right to "Dad said that he thinks you're untrustworthy. Yeah, Horus said that Magnus was a shit too, according to what Dad told him, turned out that Dad was kind of right and Horus used it gaslight me into fucking my brother up. Yes, maybe I should have thought that through. But no, I'm totally right this time!" If I was Khan I wouldn't exactly be opening my heart and soul to Russ either in case Russ hears another astropath tell him it's time to start getting stabby again.
>>
>>54091952
It is not the job of an executioner to analyze his victims, it is simply to swing a blade.
>>
>>54091992
A Primarch is far more than an executioner though. He is a warlord, a king, a general, a demagogue, an engineer and an artist. He is a politician. He is a leader of men. He is a saviour of the species and a genocidal monster. They are philosophers and fathers and sons and near-gods.

Don't dumb them down by reducing them to a single tired characteristic.
>>
>>54092050
Most of them are. But there are still those like Russ, Curze and Angron who were bred only for war, and were no better than weapons.
>>
>>54091919
I *did* vote for him :^)
>>
>>54090928
I thought he was wielding that ship for a second, and was going to ask why he used such a blunt instrument
>>
>>54091825
the fuck is wrong with his arm 'adioioioijiuiowow'
>>
File: DG41.jpg (551KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
DG41.jpg
551KB, 1306x980px
Post DG
>>
File: 7.8 out of10 too many missiles.jpg (201KB, 1143x842px) Image search: [Google]
7.8 out of10 too many missiles.jpg
201KB, 1143x842px
>>54092192
>>
File: DG33.jpg (303KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
DG33.jpg
303KB, 735x980px
>>54092201
>>
>>54092094
That's not true though:
Angron was literally lobotomised. MoM reveals that the Nails aren't just burrowing into his brain, they've replaced large parts of it and are connected to his spine and nervous system as well. Everything is always agony, except for when he gives in to his murderous rage. He tried a few times to go for camaraderie with his warriors, but they were never his old gladiator friends and as time went by his humanity became increasingly eroded by 24/7 agony.

Curze was plagued by horrific visions of what appears to have been one of or the worst possible futures frequently, and had a rougher time growing up than most Primarchs. Not a single one of them went through those traumas unaltered, and Curze became, well Curze. He has extremely flawed ideals that are fairly easy to debunk, and I think the reason he clings to them is because he's terrified of truly owning up to what he is and what he's done, for nothing. That so much of the blame can be laid on him. He's one of my favourite Primarchs precisely because he's so despicably, agonisingly flawed. He thinks he means well but he doesn't really understand what that is by the time of the Heresy.

Russ is a dogfucking mongrel who should have been drowned by the bitch that whelped him. Eugh.

>>54092125
What a strange coincidence, so did I.
>>
File: 1481543621455.jpg (278KB, 1205x827px) Image search: [Google]
1481543621455.jpg
278KB, 1205x827px
>>54092192
dead guard :DDD

fugg gass D:
>>
File: iron father.jpg (520KB, 979x734px) Image search: [Google]
iron father.jpg
520KB, 979x734px
>>54092192
a
>>
>>54092201
Da-yum. Those might be the best DG I've ever seen.
>>
File: meiin bruder.png (2MB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
meiin bruder.png
2MB, 1306x980px
>>54092192

>>54092218
>peopel think turco-mongols were just mongols
>>
File: oiled.png (2MB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
oiled.png
2MB, 1306x980px
>>54092192

>>54092236
>he doesn't have a cliud drive of /hhg/ models for inspiration
They're not mine btw I'm a shiitty IW with a dread and three tacs half painted
>>
File: wake me up.gif (831KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.gif
831KB, 295x400px
>>54092192
How can you see into my toxic cloud like open doors that defies the whole point
>>
File: go there my brother.jpg (633KB, 1206x1606px) Image search: [Google]
go there my brother.jpg
633KB, 1206x1606px
>>54092192
>>
File: 1473023658351.jpg (264KB, 800x897px) Image search: [Google]
1473023658351.jpg
264KB, 800x897px
>>54092192
>>
File: dg.jpg (652KB, 1299x2046px) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
652KB, 1299x2046px
>>54092192
>>
File: mega traitor lyalist.jpg (291KB, 1448x818px) Image search: [Google]
mega traitor lyalist.jpg
291KB, 1448x818px
>>54092192
asa
>>
File: 1482453827245.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1482453827245.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>54092192
This is a nice look. Like ceramic.
>>
File: now this, is a sycthe.jpg (195KB, 1080x402px) Image search: [Google]
now this, is a sycthe.jpg
195KB, 1080x402px
>>54092192
Never bring a scythe to a duel, very messy
>>
File: more mrines.jpg (203KB, 1080x336px) Image search: [Google]
more mrines.jpg
203KB, 1080x336px
>>54092192
COMMITATENSES
>>
File: 3 RODS 9up your phoenican ass0.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
3 RODS 9up your phoenican ass0.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>54092192
They might be DG not sure :^)
>>
File: DG28.jpg (487KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
DG28.jpg
487KB, 980x1306px
>>
File: DG29.jpg (523KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
DG29.jpg
523KB, 980x1306px
>>54092398
>>
>>54092353
Those are some good DG
>>
File: Death Guard 1.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard 1.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
Painted by a guy on Facebook.
>>
File: Death Guard 2.jpg (68KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard 2.jpg
68KB, 720x960px
>>54092968
>>
File: Death Guard 3.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard 3.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
>>54092981
>>
File: IMG_2692.jpg (600KB, 1024x1458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2692.jpg
600KB, 1024x1458px
Anyone else get a boner for flamer heavy armies? Like even if they're not that effective there's something so cool about them
>>
File: Death Guard 4.jpg (108KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard 4.jpg
108KB, 960x720px
>>54093009
I'm personally very fond of this cockpit redesign.
>>
File: Death Guard 5.jpg (86KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard 5.jpg
86KB, 960x720px
>>54093052
And last but not least, stronk tank.
>>54093028
I wouldn't have a Predator Infernus and 10 Flamer Support Tacs otherwise, anon.
>>
>>54092981
what helmet is that from? ive seen it around but i cant ever place it
>>
File: sweat.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.gif
2MB, 375x375px
>>54093028
What makes women in gas masks so hot?
>>
>>54093090
Probably Deathshroud Terminators, if I were to hazard a guess.
>>
>>54093146
It's like a paper bag.
>>
File: Makes me think.gif (617KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
Makes me think.gif
617KB, 498x498px
>>54093183
>>
>>54091795
Ironic considering Big E told Macador to not worry about Russ as he was true of heart then tells him to keep an eye on the Khan
>>
File: top kek normies.png (895KB, 600x871px) Image search: [Google]
top kek normies.png
895KB, 600x871px
>>54092192
>>
>>54092164
thats always how i see it too.

I've had that book for years, i know what it supposed to be, and I still think he has the most grimdark rocket launcher arm replacement thing.

every time
>>
>>54093498
The Khan had been off on his own conquering planets the whole Crusade and was bros with Horus. Nobody knew what was up with him.

If the Emperor had betrayed Horus in some way, Khan would have sided with the Warmaster. He wanted to know who was in the right. Russ would have remained on the loyalist team no matter what.
>>
>>54093498
True of heart did not mean
>"Go get Magnus and bring him to me."
"Ok."
Horus: Dad said "You know what, Dad said to fuck him up. It's Thunderdome time."
Russ: "Get me an astropath. I need to check with Dad that's it's time to run the gears on Magnus."
Astropath: "The warp is not allow communication."
Random bag of asshole: "I'm a super seekret telepath and Magnus says 'Get fucked, furry bitch.'
Russ:" We'll since I can't talk to Dad and you insulted me you're going to die! Given, you're my brother, I've heard worse from backalley Fenrisian ladyboys and you've never struck me as a traitor I'm going to kill you anyway!"
That's blind obedience. And if Russ hadn't been so bloody single minded about it, Magnus might have still been a loyalist and Emps probably would have let Magnus power the Throne until Horus was safely dead.
>>
>>54093886
It gets even sillier when Prospero Burns confirmed Magnus actually got his
>Horus is going to betray the Emperor
warning out and Russ knew it. So then Horus walks up and says
>uhmmm new plan just kill him
You'd think that would come off as a little suspicious. Russ technically did nothing wrong as Horus had the authority but Prospero was still handled terribly.
>>
>>54093995
Yeah but this is like a known junkie driving a car through his dad's door screaming that the kid everybody likes is actually a serial killer; it was probably dismissed as Magnus' madness
>>
>>54093886
>Magnus might have still been a loyalist
I love this meme, like tzeentch wasn't going to get Magnus in the end no matter what.
>>
>>54094335
This
>guy who made a deal with chaos 2 times already
>trusting him with powering the throne and not making a third one and fucking everything up
>>
>>54094335
Magnus was so loyal to the Emperor that he was prepared to sacrifice his life, legion, and homeworld as penance. He was just an arrogant prick. I think if he had been informed about the true nature of Chaos he would have behaved. Especially after Magnus had been humbled by breaking the Webway and finally understood the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>54094450
>sacrifice his life, legion, and homeworld as penance
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I'd remind you it was his loyalty to the Emperor that first landed him in this mess.

Truth is, Magnus is far too stupid to be left alone; he'd fuck up the war effort somehow if he'd been peacefully taken in, and it wouldn't surprise me if he fucks up again on Terra
>>
>>54094489
>Magnus is far too stupid to be left alone; he'd fuck up the war effort somehow if he'd been peacefully taken in
Magnus isn't stupid he just has a massive ego. That ego was shattered after the events in the throne room. I think Magnus would have submitted to whatever security and supervision that was deemed necessary.

He was the one who broke the Imperial Palace's psychic wards during the siege so the traitors would have been greatly slowed without his aid. Plus if he was sitting on the Throne it would have freed up the Emperor to aid the defenders.

>tfw Magnus will never redeem himself by sitting on the Golden Throne throughout the entire 55 day Siege and crumbling to dust when it's over
>>
>>54094607
>Magnus isn't stupid he just has a massive ego
>a psychic barrier of some sort which I can't cross
>durr some random warp entity is offering me power to break it what can go wrong
>whoops

Literally mongoloid tier.
>>
>Dorn is responsible for two Primarchs turning traitor
>Pert because he as resentful of Dorn and wanted to prove himself superior
>Alpha because he wanted to prove himself and methods to Dorn

Worst Primarch ever?
>>
>>54076786
Just want to say you're doing the Emperor's work Anon.
>>
>>54095006
Dorn was entirely incidental to both of those examples.
>>
>>54095006
Alpharius didn't get along with anyone but - wait for it - Horus.
He hated, and was hated, by the vast majority of his brothers, Roboute and Dorn openly criticised him, but their open censure was hardly a product of their dislike being the greatest, if anyone he wanted to prove his mettle to the likes of Pert, Mort and Fulgrim, who not only considered him a cowardly weakling.
>>
I want to start and paint a bunch Carcharodons, who are known for using older shit. Do their colors match closely enough to do a counts as for anything in HH?
>>
>>54095511
They'd work fine as Blackshields.
>>
>>54095656
>Blackshields
is this a /hhg/ meme?
>>
>>54095674
Only S5 T5 Blackshields are a meme.
>>
>>54081243
Are the White Scars just a better version of the Space Wolves? Other than GW/FW pretty much ignoring them.

Khan is a big badass "rebel" Primarch like Russ, but just better at it.

Both are from more "primative" cultures that heavily influence their look and fighting style, wear furs and shit, but the Scars aren't over doing it like the Wolves.

Too bad the White Scars will probably never get a Khan model or rules/units until like 2037.
>>
How the heck do I paint dark angels? I am starting by priming black and doing red/silver off colors but how do I make the black look less like just lazy priming?
>>
>>54092241
Are those plastic or resin Mk III's?
>>
>>54095776
I think the Scars have definitely been written better. They previously had nothing established so based Wraight had free range to make them cool. The Space Wolves have had to deal with decades of retcons and conflicting interpretations.

>>54095835
Don't paint them pure black so you have somewhere dark to go for recesses.
>>
>>54095511
Pre-Corax raven guard, maybe.
>>
>>54095776
Basically yes. Wolves are brought down further by their Wolfy McWolferson elements too.
>>
I think the consensus is the Fagnus is THE worst Primarch simply because he was a massive fuck up in everything that he did, but having said that.

I sure wish Horus would have Purged Fulgrim, I don't know why he kept him and his shit legion around. They never followed the plan, were never where they were supposed to be and just made this worse for the traitors.

I could understand why Curze and Angron were not reliable, and I'm sure Horus knew what he was getting when they signed on, but Fulgrim was just useless.

Seems like the only only Horus could count on were the iron Warriors and Death Guard.
>>
>>54096062

To be fair, Curze didn't go completely insane until later.
>>
>>54096062
The Emperor's Children were extremely unreliable but were they really a liability worth the effort of purging? They fucked off during the Siege but they didn't hinder the traitors.
>>
Isn't the going rumor that FW is working on Dorn's model next? If so, I need to work on getting an IF army up finally.
>>
>8th drops
>its huge hit
>much more fun than 7th
>FW decides to keep HH 7th
>everyone in my area is no longer interested in playing HH after playing 8th
I agree. I can't bring myself to play 7th anymore. It's just so shitty by comparison. Even HH
>>
>>54096292
There was talk of Dorn, there was also talk of Sanguinius, but they've been working on sangy for the last years, it seems.

It's not like they're too complex to make now that they're also using CAD to sculpt anyway, they might just be delaying them to build hype and compensate for the fact that they're a few years behind schedule, even more now that Bligh's gone stiff.
>>
>>54096382
>Be avid HH player
>Only guy with a 30k army in miles
>8e drops
>people immediately stop playing 7e
>Start playing my army oin 8e
>Actually have more fun than ever
>Feels like Warhammer 40k should feel, but it's also more dynamic and brutal
>Every time I look back at 7e I miss it less and less
>lament every night that HH 8e didn't make the transition
>My primarch model will remain unpainted until the next time I can play HH
>Know in my heart that blight would have transitioned the Heresy into 8th brilliantly

The transition has been bittersweet, I love 8e, but I really miss playing my legion in all its fluffy goodness.
>>
>>54096382
and you know what? you'll still buy the minis so FW couldn't give less of a rats ass about what some whiny bitches with the attention span of a hamster have to say.
>>
>>54097177
>you'll still buy the minis
He'd buy more if he could actually use them. Sticking with 7E will alienate interested 8E players who might have otherwise bought in. Whether or not you prefer the 7E rules to 8E it was a terrible business decision made out of desperation after the lead designer died.
>>
>>54097177
>Buying FW.
>Not getting your shit from based gooks whilst actively damaging the hobby, the community and game stores alike.
>Caring about your hobby.
>Giving FW anything when they give you broken rules and half assed books.

Huh, you sure seem like a full fledged cuck.

Better stop posting here, your faggotry might be contagious.
>>
>>54097164
>another retard who thinks HH will stay in 7th indefinitely

jesus you must be americans. They said on numerous occasions that they won't switch from 7th until all the rules for that edition are finished and make the port afterwards. HH is a 7th edition game, and they won't update it to 8th before the 7th ed version isn't complete you mouthbreathong troglodytes. Is anyone actually dumb enough to think FW couldn't tell 8th will drop before HH is finished when 1/3rd of the legions are still missing material?

>abloobloo bligh
he had to die before people actually cared about him, and suddenly faggots make it sound like he ran FW singlehandedly.
>>
>>54097233

Lets not pretend that FW's rapid downward spiral over the past 18-24 months is not tied to Alan Bligh's passing. His loss has clearly taken the air out of FW's energy. We saw it in Book V, we saw it in the Gabriel Angelos model, and we are seeing it now in the half assed Index books.
>>
>>54097177
>buying minis from FW
If they wanted my money, they'd let me order through my shop supporting both them and my lgs at the same time.

>>54097290
>HH finishing it's rules
>in this lifetime

Out great grandchildren's grandchildren will be waiting in line for book 14 at the manufactorum on Mars
>>
>>54097344
>Gabriel Angelos model
they don't really try hard when GW orders them to fulfill some contract obligations for a video game publisher.
>>
>>54096062
>I think the consensus is the Fagnus is THE worst Primarch
I believe their was a poll done and the overwhelming majority said Russ. Shows how amazingly mishandled the SW have been by GW and BL.
>>
>>54097290
HH is a 6th edition game, and they won't update it to 7th before the 6th ed version isn't complete you mouthbreathong troglodytes.
>>
File: Ramz'Ka.jpg (131KB, 688x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ramz'Ka.jpg
131KB, 688x700px
>>54097290
>They said on numerous occasions that they won't switch from 7th until all the rules for that edition are finished and make the port afterwards.
Why do this? Transition ASAP. They will complete the rules in 7E only for completion's sake. I believe that's a mistake.
>he had to die before people actually cared about him, and suddenly faggots make it sound like he ran FW singlehandedly.
FW does look like it has dropped its spaghetti as of late. I'd like to know why, and Bligh not being healthy to lash them into compliance sounds like an explanation. One of many.
He was the top dog and that means he was one of the main reasons behind FW's creativity.
I truly hope he's not the utterly irreplaceable and vital chess piece everyone thinks him to be, otherwise FW will suffer more than a personal loss.
I would like to know who comes up with what, in FW.
I really enjoyed the Krieg vs Necrons IA. Hell, turns out they Mayrnakh dynasty is actually based up on mesoamericans, and I almost didn't notice.
>>
>>54097290
I think the point with Bligh is the same as with so many things: when things are working well there's no thanks given to the ones who keep it going. For all those years that Bligh was helming FW everything ran smoothly enough that no-one ever noticed. Now he's gone we can see clearly how important he was given that things are swiftly falling off the rails.
>>
File: IMG_2714.jpg (2MB, 2578x2927px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.jpg
2MB, 2578x2927px
Working on more House Hawkshroud stuff. Very WIP because the Atrapos is awful to paint.
>>
>>54097941
>the Atrapos is awful to paint
Why is that?

Are the brown lines oil paint?
>>
>>54098204
The lines are the beginning of shading.

And the Atrapos has bizarre nooks and crannies to paint that are obnoxious at times
>>
File: PertArtNew.jpg (235KB, 705x992px) Image search: [Google]
PertArtNew.jpg
235KB, 705x992px
Has the Perturabo audio book been shared yet?
>>
>>54075412
>Thread died and like a phoenix from the ashes is reborn in the image of Fulgrim, Primarch of
Sex incarnate.
>>
>>54095696
Are they any good?
>>
>>54080631

Literally you can't be a hypocrite if you genuinely believe that what you're doing isn't the same thing as what you preach.

The edict banned treating with the warp and dismantled the librarius. Space Wolves don't believe Rune Priests harness the warp when using their abilities and Tune Priests aren't librarians.
>>
Would placing a Master of the Signal in a Rapier Weapons Battery give the unit Intercept?
>>
>>54095006

>Two Primarchs are man-children and have an unhealthy obsession with "sticking it to Dorn
>because of this they both go traitor
>this is somehow "Dorns responsibility"

Sure and I guess Jodie Foster was responsible for that dude trying to kill Ronald Raegan and impress her
>>
>>54099090
You can absolutely be a hypocrite without realizing it. The Space Wolves, however knew full well that they were violating Nikea.

>The edict banned treating with the warp and dismantled the librarius
Not only that. The edict decreed that the Legiones Astartes, beyond the use of Navigators and Astropaths, would no longer employ psykers. The Space Wolves themselves acknowledge that Rune Priests are psykers in Prospero Burns. (they are also referred to as psykers in their codex and other sources)
>>
>>54099172
You know she is m8
>>
>>54095006
Worst primarch, best first captain tho.
>>
File: Leman Russ.jpg (78KB, 675x396px) Image search: [Google]
Leman Russ.jpg
78KB, 675x396px
>>54099090
>MFW I'm to dumb to be a hypocrite
>>
File: consul3.jpg (461KB, 1011x796px) Image search: [Google]
consul3.jpg
461KB, 1011x796px
>>54092192
>>
File: IMG-20170628-WA0025.jpg (881KB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170628-WA0025.jpg
881KB, 4032x2268px
Still needs a lot of tidying up. But you get the idea behinf the Warsmith.
>>
>>54099552
>narik dreygur
>actually painted in iron warriors colors

what the fuck
>>
any other looser wannacry becouse his toy soldier dont get 8th edition?

buch of looser

7 is soo fucking better
>>
>>54099535
>cloak decal applied parallel to the ground not aligned with the cape
I'll take "how to ruin an otherwise good miniature" for 500, Alex.
>>
File: IMG-20170628-WA0027.jpg (927KB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170628-WA0027.jpg
927KB, 4032x2268px
>>54099610
Gave him a backpack that befits him
>>
>>A lot of novels
https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

link down
>>
>>54095998
That's only post-heresy.

Pre-heresy they've got a viking thing going on.
>>
>>54099973
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Q5pzWKiI
>>
>>54100010
It's still present in 30k. Their contemptor is wolfwoofwolf.
>>
>mfw the way they've written the Lion there is literally no reason for him not to go traitor

Like seriously, in the BL books he's a conniving, manipulative and deceitful bastard who is constantly pulling off some secret plan. He would've joined Horus just to stab him in the back.
>>
>>54100206
Why would he join Horus when he could kill Horus and then become warmaster himself
third century crisis is far more interesting than Mordred IMHO but people would complain about that retcon
>>
>>54100415
Because
>stay true to emperor
>kill horus
>become warmaster
vs
>join horus
>help him win the throne
>assassinate him
>become emperor
>>
>>54100206
ITS OWN REWARD
>>
>>54095835
Drybrush them grey then either wash them black or paint over the "chalk-y" look they get. Unless you like the colour kind of worn?
>>
>>54100456
>MUH LOYALTY
>goes to join maximus autismus and angel boy's junta
>>
>>54099777
The backpack is from the old metal Warsmith yeah?
>>
>>54100489
Of course, can't write and sell more HH novels without pointless plotlines that don't go anywhere!
>>
>>54100519
Spot on.
>>
File: All Jago.jpg (514KB, 1249x1302px) Image search: [Google]
All Jago.jpg
514KB, 1249x1302px
>>54100527
>>54100527
>>54100527
>>54100527

New thread
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.