[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 30

File: 215083.jpg (179KB, 899x1164px) Image search: [Google]
215083.jpg
179KB, 899x1164px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where bears are pansies.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf

Previous Thread >>53892610

Heads up to everyone. Monthly stuff has been posted. No links yet.
>>
File: 215086.jpg (178KB, 899x1164px) Image search: [Google]
215086.jpg
178KB, 899x1164px
Also the Strix
>>
Has anyone added custom Evocations to existing artifacts?
>>
File: PerformanceDanceSupernalZenith.jpg (100KB, 540x355px) Image search: [Google]
PerformanceDanceSupernalZenith.jpg
100KB, 540x355px
So, /exg/, how have you / your players stunted their abilities to do things they're not normally supposed to today?
>>
So what's in the new monthlies? Birds and DBs?
>>
>>54062221
Looks like. Apparently some new DB charms in there. So I sort of want to see it as part of a preview for the actual book.
>>
File: 1446125372287.jpg (208KB, 728x518px) Image search: [Google]
1446125372287.jpg
208KB, 728x518px
>a Dawn with the ultimate goal of fucking all the notable Exalted women in the Realm
>including the Scarlet Empress
How do I do his noble mission justice, /exg/?

I'm going to need some help making a list of targets too, since it's my first time GMing Exalted and I'm not that familiar with the setting.
>>
>>54063399
>goal of fucking all the notable Exalted women in the Realm

Why qualify it? Just have him fuck ALL the Exalted women.
>>
>>54063747
He doesn't know about all of them, so until he does, the famous ones will do.
>>
>>54063399
>it's my first time GMing Exalted
Don't make GMPCs, anon.

More specifically, this guy will only matter to your story if one of the PCs is an Exalted woman of the Realm. If that character is played by your girlfriend and/or if your players are OK with ERP, good for you. If not, you're creating a superpowered sexpest or outright rapist. Do not do this.
>>
File: Wherever I am.jpg (28KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
Wherever I am.jpg
28KB, 577x435px
>>54063941
He doesn't need to. He just needs a magic ring that alerts him to when a Dragonblooded is close by. Both useful for sensing danger and when to rape.
>>
>>54064031
First there is nothing wrong with DMPCs. There can be something very wrong with the storyteller though. Which makes bad DMPCs.

Second I don't think he is running the character. I think he is asking on behalf of a player to make it so that player can shine. Mind you if the character is just a two dimensional rape machine that could be bad. Making Desus is good... wait.
>>
>>54063399
Depends if he wants willing, unwilling, or rape.

For willing, you'll need to heavily invest into the sex charms of Presence and/or Performance. Just put enough dices behind the seduction attempts.

For unwilling, there's always Hypnotic Tongue Technique, with some adders you can easily drain 4/5 wp a day until the DB has no choice but to suck your cock.

For rape, brawl charms are where you want to be.
>>
>>54064253
>For rape, brawl charms are where you want to be.

He would still want Celestial Bliss Trick. It just makes everything better.
>>
>>54064031
He's a PC.
>>
>>54063399
Why would you do that man? Exalted is one of the densest setting around. You should either get to reading all the Celestial/Terrestail Direction books, or be a player a few times before you go Storytelling.
>>
>>54064703
What would be a good way to condense it?
>>
>>54064785
I found it a good way to generally restrict the story to one area, and that would restrict the theme a tad bit as well.
Like a pirate game mostly played on the West, or an arabian nights game in the South. If the players wanna move somewhere else? Fine. But you would still just have to read another Terrestial Direction book, since they can't be everywhere at once.
>>
>>54064824
>since they can't be everywhere at once.

You underestimate the players.
>>
File: 4L_4eIBKTMx.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
4L_4eIBKTMx.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
I'm about to be the ST in my very first game of Exalted (third edition) and I nerd all the nel pane tips I can get...
>>
>>54064920
First don't phonepost.

Second you can't control the players. You just interpret the rules and come up with reactions to their actions. You can have your own NPCs doing their own thing but the players can and will fuck it up. So just let them take the lead. Don't fight against them. This is a rape. Sit back and you may enjoy it.
>>
>>54064920
Fucking spell check. I need all help and tips I can get.
>>
>>54064939
Luckily enough, my players seem like pretty heavy role players and I might have little issues with that though yes, my intention is not stopping them but every action will have consequences on loved ones or other vulnerabilities.
>>
>>54064920
How good you are with running games in general?
Do you want general running advice too, or only Exalted-specifics?
>>
>>54064971
Feedback tells me I'm pretty good at running games in general, but good advice is always loved. But I'm looking for exalted specific tips mostly.
>>
>>54064986
Location and party focus? Its hard to give general Exalted advice.
>>
>>54064920
I guess it really really depends of the type of exalts they will want to play, as >>54065011 have said.

North is sort of Viking stories and Lovecraftian Ice Horrors
West are sailing, pirates, treasures, navies etc
South is arabian nights and cowboys
East is mostly Jungles, but pretty fucking big, so great many things go
Blessed Isle is the core of civilization (and thus super dealdly for most Solaroids, and Lunars)
There is also Haven and Hell

But what I have consistently seen in every game, that they give free Ox-Body equal to the character's stamina, as starter exalts tend to be squishy. Maybe a few free excellencies above the char creation charm limit.
>>
>>54065104
>East is mostly Jungles, but pretty fucking big, so great many things go

Near East is also standard nation-building area and Rome/Greece.
>>
Anyone have the new antagonist books? One's just official versions of the cut corebook material, but the other has stats for Dragonblooded and some new Evocations in it.
>>
>>54066125
I don't think so. And Exalted General is pretty dead so I am not sure we will even get pastebins of this new stuff.
>>
File: help.jpg (10KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
10KB, 288x216px
>Your lunar mate of the opposite sex used to be your wife in your past life
>she is a dozen times more powerful than you

Where to run?
>>
>>54059321
Is it a coincidence or is this supposed to make think of vampire the requiem?
>>
File: Tachikoma.gif (908KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tachikoma.gif
908KB, 500x300px
So... Using Exalted 2.5 (Second Edition with Errata) can a Mortal Hero, spec'd for Savant/Thaumaturgy, build a Tachikoma?

The idea is that it would be an automation (Three dot maximum) driving a (relatively) small Moonsilver Warstrider scout (Three dot maximum). However the Crafting rules are thick as all get out and I can't seem to figure out if I could even manage it.
>>
>>54066858
Probably, but it would take a very good and expensive workshop, lots of assisstants, and time. Lot of time.
>>
File: BOLO.jpg (313KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
BOLO.jpg
313KB, 1280x640px
>>54066858
You know this makes me think of other things to take inspiration from. Building a Pic Related sounds like a fucking hell of an idea. Heck even a low tech version with Assault/Onslaught Crossbows and Lightning Batista or eight would be awesome for taking out anything in the general area.
>>
>>54066808

No love for Lilith, Swan? Don't want to find out what you were like in the First Age?
>>
>>54065104
I think they said 3e so don't forget that the dreaming sea is great for lodsa money games
>>
>>54067461
Luckily it is not Lilith. But I am still worried taking my chances.
>>
>>54067483

Do you know what she's like, or how she feels about you? Do you know any Siderals that could help?
>>
>>54067564
From what I've gathered she's been in hybernation. Most likely before the Usurpation. With a dozen of my previous incarnation's children Does taking care of them counts as cucking? However my char might have to wake her up because the Fae decided to attack, and we need the manpower.

She probably won't be happy to learn that we have been usurped, and her husband has a new face now.
>>
>>54067761
Well now that I think about it, she might not be an Elder Exalt, and have the same amount of insanity. I might be worried over nothing.
>>
>>54067761

>From what I've gathered she's been in hybernation

So she's done sweet fuck all the passed 1,500 years? She's not nearly as powerful as you imagine she is.

>With a dozen of my previous incarnation's children

Not your children, not your problem.

>She probably won't be happy to learn that we have been usurped, and her husband has a new face now.

Her husbands dead, the end. If she didn't sleep through the Usurpation, she might have been able to save him that's a lie, but still. You've woken her up so she can be useful for once in her life.
>>
>>54068170
What about the missing lunar tatoos? I guess because she didn't spend time in the Wyld it should be fine, but we are fighting fae most likely.
>>
Noone else did my job for me yet? Alright I'll buy them and pastebin them again.
>>
>>54068628

>What about the missing lunar tatoos?

Chimerism. If she's too far gone, other Lunars will put her down.
>>
>>54068682
Yes but isn't Chimerism affecting the exaltation itself because of the extended peroid Lunars had to spend outside of Creation to avoid Sidereals?
I think she would be spared of it, but would also be less resistant of shaping fuckery.
>>
Cynis Borok
https://pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
>>
>>54067761
>my previous incarnation

"past lives" is silly. it's no more your character than the previous owner of a lantern ring would be, but for some bizarre reason it's randomly and somewhat inconstantly treated as literally being you 'because devs said so'
>>
>>54065104
>East is
ruined by the existence of halta
>>
>>54068900
Yeah I guess so. After all the exaltation is a third component of soul's original two. It's old user isn't truly reborn once someone else gains it.
>>
>>54068981
that halta vs linowa shit was retarded as fuck, especially since halta was so marysue about everything because the writers liked it better. how was linoa even supposed to be holding its own as shitty tribals, let alone dominating about half a direction and crushing everything else between them in proxy wars
>>
>>54068900
That's just perspective of exalted, not an absolute truth.
>>
Ragara Feria
https://pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
>>
>>54068892
thanks.
>>
Strix
https://pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
>>
>>54068892
>>54069084

Man these charm trees are sad. Thank you for uploading them though.
>>
>>54068900

Yeah, it's weird. It's literally not you: You're just getting the memories of the previous Exalted to hold the shard.

If the previous holder of your Shard was a Deathlord, you can literally end up fighting yourself.
>>
>>54066808

Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to be an issue. From my reading, Solars are just so much THE BEST that they rapidly catch up to Lunars.

Otherwise, all the way back from 1E, the pairing would be Lunar-dominated.

I'm pretty sure that this is a plot hook so you can eventually fuck Rakashi or Lilith back to her senses. (But seriously, Rakashi is fucking creepy.)
>>
Zicnal of the Asmani
https://pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz
>>
>>54069196
I think Rakshi just needs some anti-shaping to cure her Wyld induced madness.
Lilith would need extended therapy, and couple counseling tough.
>>
>>54069261

She's already tattooed, though. There's no fixing that. But Lilith is the character who reads the most as a designated waifu, other than the slutty catgirl who needs a hero to save Thorns. (You know, the one drawn by the guy who did Empowered.)
>>
>>54069226
He's neat.
>>
>>54069128
The Charms seem about right for Dragon-Blooded Charms. Most of them seem pretty useful. Cynis Borok is one profoundly uninteresting character, though.
>>
>>54069288
I think it is sorta implyed that the catgirl's mate is an Abyssal in Thorns.
>>
>>54066858
>>54067152
Let's see my calculations:
Savant has 5 in Craft (Magitech), Lore, Occult, and Intelligence. 10 Dice
Merits Driving Passion (Help protect the nation) & Signature Style 'Peerless Skill' and three die Stunt. 16 Dice.
Flawless Workshop & Arms of Multiple Manipulation. 19 Dice + 3 Auto-Successes.
Deal with a local Goddess for 2 Spirit Aides. 19 Dice + 4 Auto-Successes
15 Mortal Aides. 19 Dice + 7 Auto-Successes
Charms: Divine (Craft) Subordination + Eye of Inspiration (Essence 3) + Benefactor. Perfect + 23 Dice + 7 Auto-Successes

To make an three dot Artifact I'll need 60 Successes. However I can lower it down to an Artifact 2 fairly easily by having a Drawback (The Automation and Warstrider are defended against by the color red, in this case both of them treat the person dressed in red as if they were invisible and inaudible) Which reduces it down to 30 Successes. On an average roll of 12 Succeses + 7 Auto it should take two seasons to finish up each of them. Nearly a year of crafting but I can have it done in four seasons.

Which is good because we've got a Forbidden God waking up and no Exalted support, it's pre-Jade Prision jailbreak Creation and the Realm Terrestrials are not acknowledging the kingdom after a slight from the king, currently we can't find any Lost Eggs locally, though our spymaster is still looking.

Does this all look right? I'm still trying to wrap my head around some stuff in the Warstrider section so I may have missed something.
>>
>>54069757
Looks alright to me. Seems like you are having a great mortal campaign over there. A rarity in 2.5 as far as I've seen.

Maybe you could summon some demons or elementals to help out?
>>
Why do people play as mortals when the real meat of the game lies in charms?
>>
File: Fun Things.gif (471KB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
Fun Things.gif
471KB, 307x230px
>>54070288
>Looks alright to me.
Awesome I thought I might have screwed up.

>Maybe you could summon some demons or elementals to help out?
I'm Oathbound to never summon Elementals. As for demons I think I could manage it but I'd have to find some good ones to summon to make it worth it.

>>54070300
>Why do people play as mortals when the real meat of the game lies in charms?
Pic Related?
>>
>>54070433
>As for demons I think I could manage it but I'd have to find some good ones to summon to make it worth it.
I've looked around, and I think the "Heranhal, the fervid smithts" could be something that could help you. They are in the Celestial Directions 5; Malefas, pg 146
>>
>>54070300
Without the meat the game's a skeleton, and skeletons are cool. More seriously, playing mortals is an easier way of getting to know the setting and the core rules. Charms are a big part of the charm, sure, but they're also a big part of what makes Exalted kind of heavy to play and run. A simpler and faster mortals game can be a nice bit of change even for old time Exalted players. It also gives bit of a different perspective on things.
>>
>>54068682
>>54068777
Chimerism was only an issue because of long, LONG term exposure to the Wyld. The lunars eventually couldn't maintain the expenditure of motes necessary to protect themselves from the Wyld's effects while simultaneously fighting off the fey and establishing new kingdoms. Is chimerism even an established issue for 3E? Because I control + f'd my pdf and there's no match.
>>
>>54069288
anybody got a picture, I'm drawing a blank here
>>
>>54071899
Picture of what?
>>
>>54069084
Neat, a Red Jade daiklave. Could be pretty easily refluffed as creating a cloud of smoke and embers, with an environmental restriction being that it needs something that it can burn present.
>>
>>54071028
There'll be a long wait till something of essence will be said about lunars.
>>
>>54069084
>She prioritizes her career above all else, and has not made any effort to settle down and marry a man or woman as a result.

This again. The DB/Realm books are going to be a shitshow.
>>
>>54073015
Yup, strong independant DB who don't need no man.
>>
>>54072024
ctgrl
>>
>>54073015
To be fair, the 2e book that talked about sexual relations in Exalted (the Exxxalted book) mentioned that polygamy and same-gendered relationships weren't unknown.

Presumably if two Dragonblooded women in the Realm get married, they're just supposed to pick a suitor to impregnate them both.
>>
>>54066858
In 2e you can build any artifact you met the req's for. There is no failure mechanic in crafting, it just takes longer
>>
File: AnjaSilverclaws.png (419KB, 514x623px) Image search: [Google]
AnjaSilverclaws.png
419KB, 514x623px
>>54073183
From her entry in Scroll of Exalts.
>>
>>54073190
The 2e DB books made it pretty clear that marriage and relationships were considered pretty much entirely separate things in the Realm. DB girls who like girls could have all the clam they liked, but they gotta make Dynastic babies still, and that means marriage. Same goes for boys who like boys.

The stupid thing is that this shit, done in the name of "diversity", succeeds only in turning the Realm into yet another cookie cutter version of 21st century morality rather than the genuinely interesting and distinct quasi-matriarchal honour culture it previously was.
>>
>>54073299
>The stupid thing is that this shit, done in the name of "diversity", succeeds only in turning the Realm into yet another cookie cutter version of 21st century morality rather than the genuinely interesting and distinct quasi-matriarchal honour culture it previously was.

Actually in some perverse way I like this. People were constantly bitching about Realm and how they are worse than Hitler. Every diversity douchebag will still bitch about it not realizing they are looking themselves in the mirror. That warms my heart.
>>
>>54073071
That is not the problem. That is not even a problem. The issue is the part about marrying "a man or a woman". Marriages in the Realm are primarily for the purpose of making more potential Dragon-Blooded. They are between a man and a woman, not because the Dynasty gives a shit about which gender people like to fuck, but because a man a woman are generally needed to procreate.
>>
ETA 4e?
>>
>>54073429

Not only that. DragonBlooded are seen as walking gods by general populace. They are a thing to aspire to for your next reincarnation.

Now even if you are coke-sniffing, cock-sucking sadist who loves to torture little animals you still need to have a presentable public image of a loving father who has a functioning marriage with wife and kids that adore him.

But what do you expect from the left. Of course they will write about strong, independent women who don't play nice with the establishment but for some reason they are still very successful, prominent and revered with no consequences. I really miss 1st ed Aspect Books. Most characters were interesting and had decent write up.
>>
Well I suppose sorcery could allow two married people of the same gender to have kids.

Wait that leads to assbabies never mind.
>>
>>54073190
Or adopt. Or summon a Neomah. Plenty of options available, really.
>>
>>54073479
Shut up.
>>
>>54073716
None of which was considered a genuinely acceptable alternative to Marrying And Making Dynastic Babies in 2E.

Getting a neomah to build you and your lover a sprog? Fine. But you better be making actual Dynast babies too, or you're not doing your duty to the Dragons.

I mean this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. We have IVF and adoption in the real world; providing ways to Make Gay Babies in the Realm just turns the Realm into 21st Century West Only With Elemental Superheroes. Which, I suppose that's probably what they want to play anyway.
>>
>>54073560
>Now even if you are coke-sniffing, cock-sucking sadist who loves to torture little animals you still need to have a presentable public image of a loving father who has a functioning marriage with wife and kids that adore him.
Nah, that's not it. Too close parent-child relationhsips are even frowned on among the Dybasty. Proper respect for older generations and demanding upbringing that doesn't involve coddling children are the way to go. Dynasts aren't supposed to present the image of the ideal western nuclear family from the 50s.

>But what do you expect from the left. Of course they will write about strong, independent women who don't play nice with the establishment but for some reason they are still very successful, prominent and revered with no consequences. I really miss 1st ed Aspect Books. Most characters were interesting and had decent write up.
Well, I expect the left to have a different view on the economy than the right, because that's where the actual differences between the right and the left begin and end. Aside from that, strong, independent *people* obviously exist, even in the Realm. People who don't play nice with the establishment can do pretty well, as long as they have either connections or truly notable achievements to make their quirks worth putting up with. That's how it has worked in the real world, as well. Those 1E Aspect Books had Tepet Elana - or was it Elena? anyways, the magistrate from HOuse Tepet - as a canon example of such a character. I seem to recall that the Roseblack, too, had failed to marry despite being over a century old, mostly due to feeling like she had more important things to do before she could find the time to marry. Or maybe that was Elana's attitude, I could remember wrong. Anyways, the point is that ignoring the fact that marriage in the Ream is for procretaion really is the entire problem with the bit of writing we're discussing.
>>
>>54073784
Especially adoption. That doesn't even make sense as an alternative, from the Dynastic perspective.
>>
>>54073838

While Aspect books had strong independent characters they weren't without flaws or setbacks in their lives. Even Roseblack backstory says she didn't win all the time but learned from failure. Nowdays they are mostly "I'm perfect and awesome in every way"

When it comes to Realm marriages they are for breeding and alliances. While adultery is part of Dynast's life public knowledge of affairs is frowned upon. Dynasts go a long way to hide the facts. Sure you can speculate who is sleeping around but you need evidence and facts to go public with them. Marriages that don't produce children will be made void. And many Dynasts will wreck hell if they find out their child isn't their own or if their spouse has bastard children.

In short you can sleep around but if others learn of it your social standing is fucked.
>>
>>54074279
The Aspect Book characters also had a lot more space to be fleshed out in. It's not really a fair comparison. The implied gay marriage thing is weird to me too, though.
>>
>>54069084
>>54073015
>>54073071
>>54073190
>>54073299
>>54073418
>>54073429
>>54073560
>>54073716
>>54073784
>>54073838
>>54074279
Having come into this whole conversation late and just having finished reading the pastebin and everyone's responses, isn't it more likely that Ragara Feria's story is minimal so they much more easily fit in an ongoing campaign and let the ST fill in the details they want the character to have? The five intimacies she has are hardly amount to a full fledged person.
>>
>>54073254
>butt bra
>>
>>54074527
What does that have to do with it? She is a she, so I think it's safe to assume she's woman. That's enough to tell that if she's to get married, it would be to a man. Her sexual orientation doesn't really have anything to do with it.
>>
>>54073750
Oh right we're worried White Wolf will get tired of the drama and just yank the license now.

My bad.
>>
>>54074527

I judge a writing by info it presented. I can make the Realm saviors of the Creation, them all being exemplars of virtue. I can say Sidereals did nothing wrong. That can be my interpretation. No matter what I do in my campaign it doesn't change the fact Realm was created to represent backstabbing Empire crumbling under itself. This is how it was written and how most people run it in their games.

>She prioritizes her career above all else, and has not made any effort to settle down and marry a man or woman as a result.

This is enough information to ask few stupid questions. Is she bisexual? Does Realm for some reason allow homosexual marriages all out of the sudden? What happens with basic idea on how Dynasty works? Marriage being a tool to create children in hope of them climbing up the ladder toward the top of the Great Houses and closer to Scarlet Empress. You know how marriage worked during almost entire human history (and still working in some societies even to this day)
>>
>>54075101
>Does Realm for some reason allow homosexual marriages all out of the sudden?
Pretty sure it always has. Check out the 2e Exxxalted book that was specifically about sexual relationships in Creation.

They're just required to have children afterwards, which is a bit awkward for them, but doable with the help of things like Neomah, or maybe certain artifacts (Green Jade/Moonsilver strap-ons, maybe?).
>>
>>54075172
No, it never has. Exxalted was an Apil Fools thing, not something that overrides canon written elsewhere. The Realm is cool with homosexual relationships, but marriages are continuing the family.
>>
>>54075172
There's nothing about homosexual marriages in Exxxalted IIRC. You're confusing the section on homosexual relationships; that's always been totally fine in Realm society (even largely expected, since sexy bisexual musclegirls is basically the Official Magical Realm).
>>
>>54059290
If that is the caliber of antagonists we can expect from the writing team, I dread to think what the splatbooks will be like.
>>
>>54075878
It's a different team.
>>
>>54075269
So, if an artifact was used to continue the family, is the homo marriage passable?
Neomahs are no-no, since Dynasts are spooked by sorcery and demon dealings.
>>
>>54076166

I would say no. Empress conceived every Great House founder traditional way. Just because someone doesn't like cock or clam they still wouldn't be allowed to wiggle their way out of that duty to the Realm.

I think it is personally reasonable for some married couples to have wife doing stuff with a woman and husband doing it with a man but still having wife and husband having to copulate near the climax.

As long court and your social circle doesn't know what is your sexual kinks you are in the clear.
>>
>>54076574
>I think it is personally reasonable for some married couples to have wife doing stuff with a woman and husband doing it with a man but still having wife and husband having to copulate near the climax.
There's even a canon example of this with Ledaal Kes and Ragara Szaya, a happily married couple of a lesbian and gay man. Happily married because they happen to be good friends with and understanding about who to go deal with their marital duties.
>>
>>54064920

I'll post this here for everyone to enjoy, especially someone like you. It's a Guide to running Exalted Third Edition.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit
>>
>>54074279
>While adultery is part of Dynast's life public knowledge of affairs is frowned upon. Dynasts go a long way to hide the facts.
I think you're exaggerating things. The 1E DB book statesthat "Dynasts often take public trips and vacations with their lovers", and says that adultery is "socially acceptable". Pretending to not have an affair, even though everyone actually knows, is expected, but Dynasts don't actually go to any great lengths to hide their extramarital fun. If adultery is made public, it will lead to a slight decrease in social standing, but it isn't a social suicide or anything. So, basically, Dynasts don't really even try to hide the facts, they just stay short of explicitly discussing those facts.
>>
>>54076997
>I think you're exaggerating things

Seen as the perfect answer to the fact that Dynasts cannot marry the ones they love, adultery is a tacitly accepted fact of life in the Realm. Provided one does nothing to damage the illusion of a happy marriage with one’s spouse, there are few drawbacks worth mentioning. As long as nothing is done to damage the political alliance embodied by the marriage, all is well.

As long as the participants in the tryst show proper discretion, most family scandals can be avoided.

The first law of discretion, then, is that bastards are not tolerated.

Whatever else they might be, the Terrestrial Exalted are warriors, and there is no room for those who assume effete mannerisms or deliberately portray themselves as “soft” in any way.
>>
>>54077338

2nd ed. DragonBlood splat.
>>
>>54077338
Yeah, and as 1E book tells us, doing nothing to damage the illusion of a happy marriage with one’s spouse basically just amounts to not being compltely explicit about cheating. Everybody knowing about it isn't a problem as long as there is some room for plausible deniability.
>>
>>54077930

>Everybody knowing about it isn't a problem as long as there is some room for plausible deniability.

You clearly don't know how gossip works and damage that even false gossip can do to a reputation.

Being seen on three social occasions in a short amount of time is not plausible deniability. That would be very suspicious for our standards. For a society where there is no room for weakness it would be a social suicide. If not for you then for your spouse because he is clearly a blind fool. Also you would be seen as a person who can't keep his urges in check and isn't discrete. So even you would be hit by that. And worse of all your House would be shamed by your indiscretion.
>>
>>54078079
I'm not talking in terms of assumptions, I'm just repeating what's said in the 1E DB book. Gossip about extramarital affairs isn't terribly damaging, because extramarital affairs aren't socially unnaceptable. The things said in >>54077338 are taken straight from Exalted: the Dragon-Blooded. People taking vacations with their lovers, or openly and frequently dining with them in restaurants, are canonically considered completely acceptable behavior. That failing to uphold the polite fiction of fidelity leads to a *slight* loss of status is also directly from the 1E book. Slight loss of status is obviously not the same as a social suicide. Whether there is room for weakness or not in the Dynastic society doesn't really matter, because extramarital affairs aren't considered a sign of weakness, not for the cheater, the cheated (who almost certainly also cheats) or the lover. It's just kind of like how we view sex in general - having it is all well and good, and you can even allude to it pretty obviously in many situations without being particularly crass, but discussing your sex life in explicit detail in public would lead to awkwardness and embarrassment.
>>
>>54078267
Sorry, I meant to link to >>54076997 as the post mentioning things straight from the 1E DB book.
>>
> Whatever else they might be, the Terrestrial Exalted are warriors, and there is no room for those who assume effete mannerisms or deliberately portray themselves as “soft” in any way.

That seemngly runs counter to things like Cynis being local Slaanesh cult or that dude deliberately portraying himself as a sybaritic cripple. Although rpg.net's reeing at what basically amounts to "no camp homos and delicate princesses here!" is dumb - Exalted societies are at their best when they are different, weird and have prejudice.
>>
>>54078861
Wasn't the reeing more about the writers feeling the need to state that "THESE gays aren't effeminate"? Out-of-setting asssociation between homosexuality and effeminacy, in other words. People raging about that passage is dumb either way, but I don't think that the Realm's attitude towards homosexuality was the reason.
>>
>>54078961
No, it was about the Realm being horrible to one specific kind of homos. Or, at least, that's how I understood the conversation, which was about bits of BD lore that were "problematic".
I can understand not wanting a splat's most ancient feat to be "they fucked like rabbits", but trying to make a matriarchial warrior society ultra-accepting is a bad idea.
>>
>>54079062
I always kind of portrayed the realm being fine with you being gay as long as you at least SOME kids.
You can have your nubile slave boys to do whatever you want to, but as long as your wife you were contractually forced to marry has a couple kids, it's fine.
>>
>not just doing a magical working to give your waifu a dick or your husbando a womb

Come on people its 3e
>>
>>54078861
Do the Cynis portray themselves as soft, really? They are famously hedonistic, but that's not really the same thing.
>>
>>54082344

Why not make everyone females who can grow a penis at will?
>>
>>54083077
Because some people like men. And outside the scope of most DB sorcerers. A Solar on the other hand. Go right ahead.
>>
>>54082344
B-but it's sorcery, anon!
>>54082362
Overindulgence is softness. The whole spartan way is a method to avoid that (among other things).
>>
>>54084290
>B-but it's sorcery, anon!

Which is totally fine for Dragonblooded to learn. Its those damn dirty peasant mortals who forget their station. If wielded by the Princes of the Earth and actively monitored that they don't fuck up its fine.
>>
>>54084290
>Overindulgence is softness. The whole spartan way is a method to avoid that (among other things).
Being enough of a wuss to be somehow spoiled or weakened by indulging in pleasures is softness. The Realm doesn't really do things the Spartan way, despite the Dynastic upbrinign being strict and demanding, and they don't necessarily subscribe o your view on things.
>>
File: Dynasts on sorcerers.jpg (348KB, 1528x416px) Image search: [Google]
Dynasts on sorcerers.jpg
348KB, 1528x416px
>>54084383
Dragonblooded really dislike sorcerors, but they have their own standart as to what constitutes one.
They also distrust sorcery, so I really doubt most will be okay with entrusting conception to it.

>>54084680
I meant the spartan way as a concept was to prevent softness which comes with indulgence. If you think that Dynastic upbringing being focused on discipline isn't a method to build up willpower to resist anything that may impede their duty, and that they are somehow naturally hardcore and cannot be spoiled by over-the-top orgies, then it's pointless to argue with you.
>>
>>54079203

What I don't understand is why they don't just go "Look, homosexuals who are in the closet are okay. But 99% of Dragonblooded are heterosexual, and hence that shit has to be kept on the down low. Nobody cares what you do in private, but you don't get to act like a faggot in public."
>>
>>54084838
>I meant the spartan way as a concept was to prevent softness which comes with indulgence. If you think that Dynastic upbringing being focused on discipline isn't a method to build up willpower to resist anything that may impede their duty, and that they are somehow naturally hardcore and cannot be spoiled by over-the-top orgies, then it's pointless to argue with you.
What I think is that the Dynasty has never been portrayed as considering indulgence anything other than a well-deserved privilege of the Dragon-Blooded.
>>
>>54084863
Why would they? That's not how it has worked in either of the past editions, and it's not like how things worked in, say, Rome, which is almost as big a part of the Realm's inspiration as imperial China.
>>
>>54084909

But the Realm's been against effeminacy. It's been stated multiple times.
>>
>>54084863
I don't think that "straight" homos displaying affection is not okay in Realm or it's inspirations. It's when one of them dresses like a trap, fusses over any little thing, speaks with lisp and have a limp wrist DBs start reeeing (and the same with women). True manly love between hero warriors that is purer and higher than the corrupting love of woman and all that.
>>54084867
Well, the part about softness is fuzzy. I just think that endless parties weaken spirit and that there would be enough old DBs parroting Plato and Aristotle on the issue.
>>
>>54084921
And?
>>
>>54084934

I think it's more that Dragonblooded are literally superhuman. Like, what we see as 'debauchery' is 'slow Friday night'. But superhuman levels of debauchery, like that crippled Wood Aspect, are bad.
>>
>>54084958
>But superhuman levels of debauchery
Weren't those a common Cynis party?
>>
>>54084948

If a substantial number of the Dragon-blooded were gay or bisexual, it'd change the dynamic of things. Hence we can assume that most are straight.
>>
>>54084934
>I just think that endless parties weaken spirit and that there would be enough old DBs parroting Plato and Aristotle on the issue.
There almost certainly are old DBs with such views, I just don't see those views as being in the majority.
>>
>>54084970

That's why Cynis is something of a black sheep amongst the Houses.

The funny part is, like 90% of the things in Exalted, the Solars are going to hit them like a nuclear bomb, so it's all irrelevant anyway.
>>
File: Dynasts on sex.jpg (240KB, 1103x419px) Image search: [Google]
Dynasts on sex.jpg
240KB, 1103x419px
>>54084976
You're unusually prudish by Realm standarts.
>>
>>54084993
>1000 dooms
No, we'll still discuss irrelevant things, thank you very much.
>>
>>54085049

I mean like, Realm society is not going to survive. Even assuming RotSE doesn't happen, there are plenty of Solars with a grudge against the realm. If anyone remembers the Usurpation, there we go.

The Blessed Island is basically going to be a toilet on fire after all this.
>>
>>54085075
Perhaps the Realm itself is not going to survive, but even among it's surivivors the social mores are not likely to just change overnight (unless they are caught by a Solar thrall-herder), so it's still useful to discuss. Especially if you want to contrast them against Lookshy, Lost egg societies, and Chedak (or whatever it's name).
>>
can you help me with a jrpg style "do all the sidequests" style limit break? you know like "I can see the meteor hanging over my house, it is scaring my children, and YOU go off to breed chickens!!! fuck you of course I'm charging you for the sword even though you're our only hope, in fact it's gonna cost you a small kingdom in gil"
>>
>>54086948

You'll need to unpack that metaphor there buddy, as I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
>>
Anyone has any experience with high essence (essence 4-5) campaigns? How did those work out for you?
>>
>>54086948
>jrpg
>sidequests
Ah, the good old days (thank god they're coming back... except Xenoblade X)

(Fuck Xenoblade X's ideas of sidequests)
>>
>>54088028
Extreme ADD basically.

I'd think it'd mean the PC goes off to chase something shiny or goes fishing and ignores the deathloard/2ndcrusade/reclamation about to succeed until the break ends or he has no more trivial tasks to distract him.

Make the next thing a person asks you to do your new motivation
>>
>>54088500
(accidentally brushed the touchpad and submitted while typing) until something else crosses your path and overwrites it yet again. But you're not rudderless, rather the opposite, pursuing that motivation with autistic focus for as long as it remains your motivation. And then it ends and you snap out of that insanity and get back to things that are actually important with your real motivation returning.

At least thats how I'd do it
>>
Also see http://oglaf.com/mighty-deeds/ for a more 'classical hero' version and possible psychological justification
>>
>>54088536
That sounds like an idea for a raksha.
>>
>>54088375
Massive death on all sides. For some reasons at higher essence players have a higher mortality rate because they think they can take on the world. And while they do A LOT of damage they usually succumb to their wounds.
>>
>>54088500
>>54088536
>>54088586
Okay I'll give it a try.
Virtue Flaw: World Walking Warrior
Virtue: Temperence
Duration: One Day.
Condition: Seeing individuals suffering beyond the normal day-to-day drudgery, either physically or emotionally, when the Exalt could help.
Limit Break: For the duration of the break any request explicitly directed towards the Exalt becomes his Motivation. Should the Exalt complete the request the Exalt will seek out another request. There is no limit to how many requests that the Exalt may fufill, though they do not count as if you have fulfilled your actual Motivation.
Partial Control: The Exalt can orginize the various requests he picks up by order of importance, developing intimacies towards those requests he doesn't immediately fulfill.

How does this look?
>>
>>54090980
I've found that high essence players actually can take on the world if they use their powers correctly. I have a dawn who could and did singlehandedly take down 8+ essence 2 dragon-blooded (who aren't optimized for combat).

That's at Essence 4.
>>
So I have read that Abyssals are essentially reverted Solars, and with all the good and bad that brings. However they can be redeemed.

What about Infernals tough? Their corruption is obviously more complicated. Are they and their exaltations permanently fucked?
>>
>>54091830
There's nothing preventing an Infernal from giving the finger to the Yozi's, but the taint can't be removed no matter what as far as I remember.
>>
>>54091830
define corruption and fucked. they can flip off the yozi and remove their urge, they can even eventually customize things enough to more or less become a pseudo exigent.... but they'll always have some version of the torment mechanic(which is iirc far more forgiving than limitbreak anyway) and they'll never not be infernal exalts... which unlike abyssals, honestly isn't actually any intrinsically worse than being a solar or lunar.
>>
>>54092000

IIRC, Lytek could possibly revert the exaltations themselves when they don't have a host, but they always return to Lilun.
>>
>>54075101
Nigga same-sex people can make babies with the help of one First Circle demon and pretty much all the Dynasts can afford to hire a sorcerer (or are a sorcerer).

Also stop getting mad about gay shit in tabletop games, the industry's pretty fucking LGBT friendly, it's not gonna go away because you get mad.
>>
>>54092565

Dynasts despises sorcerers. And stop showing LGBT shit everywhere.
>>
File: 1472490774681.jpg (294KB, 2048x1689px) Image search: [Google]
1472490774681.jpg
294KB, 2048x1689px
>>54092739
>Dynasts despises sorcerers.
Sounds like a retarded piece of lore that needs retconned. Why would these cosmopolitan people not want people who can greatly enhance their mercantile and martial power?

>And stop showing LGBT shit everywhere.
Too fucking bad, loser.
>>
>>54092788
>Too fucking bad, loser.

How would you like if someone started writing about forcefully converting gay, killing transexuals and alike? You are just on the opposite spectrum and you are trying to shove your agenda.

Have fun sjw with not accomplishing nothing only making yourself despised by over-saturating media. With the amount of shit you are putting in the media someone would think you represent 99% of population.
>>
>>54092788
Because dealing with demons is inauspicious, brings bad luck, and shouldn't be used unless there are no alternatives. Fucking with the laws of creation is the same.

It's like "cosmopolitan people" means "we have no strong beliefs whatsoever!" to you, or that someone cannot use people he despises.
>>
File: Almonds.jpg (337KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Almonds.jpg
337KB, 1200x1200px
Huh
>>
>>54092788
>Why would these cosmopolitan people not want people who can greatly enhance their mercantile and martial power?
Because Brigid was a huge Demon Summoning Anathema and you can't trust what she made? That's all I got.
>>
>>54092987

This
>>54076574
>>
>>54092739
>>54092881

I entirely agree. It's a weird double-standard.

Fortunately, my country's really conservative, and so is my gaming group, so all the LGBT stuff in our games is taken out. I think it actually makes the setting stronger, and it also emphasizes the importance of proper breeding in Dragon-Blooded society. (Also, it points out how exceptional the Scarlet Empress was.)
>>
>>54092788

>Why would these cosmopolitan people not want people who can greatly enhance their mercantile and martial power?

Because DEMONS.
>>
>>54092444
Even if Lilun were killed the infernal shards would just start independently seeking out first circle demons and forcing them to find hosts. And even if Lytek could get ahold of them, I don't think it's consistent with 2E's logic for him to be able to revert the shards, even with his special tools. Why can't the Incarnae back away from the Games of Divinity? The Games were made by titans. Why did the Great Curse successfully affect all of its targets and why has no one realized it's there? Made by titans.

>>54092417
>define corruption and fucked
Even with the Urge removed the infernals are still stuck with their version of the Great Curse, they'll go crazier and crazier as time passes just like all the other elder exalts.

Keep in mind, however, that all exalts were explicitly designed to do things even the Incarnae thought to be impossible.
>>
>>54092788
>People and societies always behave completely rationally and within the domain of logic, and spooky superstitions don't exist

Also, a sorcerer is that creepy weirdo who commands the very powers of Malfeas who never attends your family brunch because he's busy studying how to command more powers of Malfeas.

Basically you, but with any kind of power at all.
>>
File: Alex Jones.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Jones.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>54092881
>How would you like if someone started writing about forcefully converting gay, killing transexuals and alike? You are just on the opposite spectrum and you are trying to shove your agenda.
Not the person you responded to, but I wouldn't give a shit. At all. Unless you're talking about including that in such a way that it acts as propaganda encouraging people to do that stuff in real life. Incorporating horrific events in a setting is not by default a wrong thing to do and is sometimes necessary if you want to impart a particular kind of weight and life to it. So what is your point here? What are you trying to say and why are you trying to say it?
>>
>>54094255

Not that guy, but I think faggots will burn in hell.
>>
File: Smug anime girl.png (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Smug anime girl.png
65KB, 300x300px
>>54094324
And? I think serial rapists will burn in hell, but I'm not going to avoid incorporating them into my campaign settings.
>>
>>54094255

I'm saying there are too many rainbow people and too many strong independent women that don't need a man. You can't throw a rock without hitting one in the process. It is getting old, feels forced and loses its impact and meaning. I can bet soon we will get some landwhale exalts in near history. Nagezzer doesn't count. He became obese because of his gluttony when he left active military service. And he loathes himself. And being a landwhale is not his defining characteristic.

This is coming from a dude that was skinny for majority of his life. Only when I reached my 20s was I able to improve myself on that field. That being said I'm tired of this "acceptance for acceptance sake". Also self-inserts are fucking cancers. And that is what they want. People don't know hate gays, lesbians, fat people etc. They hate assholes. And people with self-inserts are like that. They expect you to accept them even when they are obnoxious and they entire character concept is based on "I'm a flaming faggot" instead of interesting character that is also gay (but maybe you won't even learn about this at the game start because it actually doesn't even matter what he does behind closed doors).

You don't get a trophy just because you want one. That would be like giving everyone a trophy for participation. There is nothing special about them, they are minority but liberals are trying to shove this at every opportunity. You can't demand respect. Respect and acceptance is earned. And right now their tactics are having opposite effect.
>>
men in the realm are buggering each other in the ass all the time and it's normal and cool. The question is why the fuck aren't you fucking all your bros? Real men kiss their homies.
>>
>>54093969

Also supported by the fact that the Exaltation of Gorol, the First Akuma, could never be purged fully of corruption. All of his successors became interested in Demonology, and were constantly monitored by Sidereals.

>>54094151

I'm so happy that Ex3 emphasizes just how fucking weird sorcerers can be. Still waiting for one that's gone full transhumanism.
>>
File: Kumagawa Misogi 001.jpg (50KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
Kumagawa Misogi 001.jpg
50KB, 500x461px
Quick question.... Just reading the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/Exalted and came down to the part in Misaimed Fandom.

So the Ebon Dragon is litterally this guy?
>>
File: viper sez kill urself.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
viper sez kill urself.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>54094935
>actually using TV Tropes
>actually admitting you use TV Tropes
>>
>>54094935

Might need something more specific. In 2e, the Ebon Dragon is the literal cosmic embodiment of treachery, deception, cheating, and being a petty asshole.

It's reflected in his charmset pretty well.
>>
>>54094860
>Still waiting for one that's gone full transhumanism.
I've made one that went full Adeptus Mechanicus.

He'd replaced his legs with robotic chicken walker legs with great big stompy feet and a couple rocket engines in the calves, a great big armored shell on his back that had a rocket engine at the bottom and a bunch of tentacles coming out of various ports on it, one or two of which were topped by skulls with integrated sensor devices, a servo-arm, a metal plate across his chest with a couple of robotic arms installed onto it, neural augmentations integrated into his skull, and electrical tattoos that allow him to shock things at close range like an electric eel.

Mechanically, he's just used a Terrestrial Ambition 2 Working to give himself the following merits: Ambidextrous 2, Danger Sense, Direction Sense, Eidetic Memory, Giant (extra height from chicken walker legs, extra bulk from shell), Natural Immunity, Claws/Fangs/Hooves/Horns 4, Enhanced Sense (Sight), Enhanced Sense (Hearing), Extra Limbs (extra arms, extra heads, robot tentacles), Quills w/ Subtlety (electrical shocks), Tail 2 (more robot tentacles), Unusual Hide 5 (metal plating), Wall Walking (antigrav + tentacles), Wings 5
>>
>>54094696
I can sort of agree with you, the implementation of LGBT characters irritates me because it's obvious pandering. But stop treating this situation like it's the LGBT community that's causing it. Developers are targeting a new demographic so they can increase sales and acquire social capital and the developers themselves aren't dominantly LGBT. Not even minorly LGBT, I'm pretty sure. Same applies to landwhales, though more of the developers are bound to be landwhales because this is America. You seem to be having a knee-jerk reaction and are bringing politics into what is ultimately a sales pitch.
>>
>>54092987
He looks like a little kid.
>>
>>54095172
>Developers are targeting a new demographic
No, White Wolf's been doing this for over two decades now.
>>
>>54095172
>targeting a new demographic
>what is ultimately a sales pitch.

LGBT is around 5% of population.
That means you will piss off or alienate 95% of your customers by pitching mostly to new demographic.
>>
>>54095249
>LGBT is around 5% of population.
I think that's an overestimation.
>>
>>54095256

I was feeling generous.
>>
File: 1494651653289.png (199KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
1494651653289.png
199KB, 1800x1578px
>bitching about LGBTQ representation
>in a White Wolf/Onyx Path thread
>>
>>54095247
>No, White Wolf's been doing this for over two decades now.
True.

>>54095249
>piss off or alienate
Dude, that's only happening to people like you. I feel distaste for the aforementioned pandering, that's it. What is it about them targeting a small demographic for sales that makes you angry? That's strong reaction for something so banal and unimportant. Do you feel like the hobby is somehow betraying you if it isn't catering to you? Because you could just move onto another hobby, or create your own content.
>>
>>54094696

Yeah, it's worth noting that the original Circle consisted of more-or-less relatable people.

The new canonical circle has everyone be gay, transgender, or attack helicopter (i.e. look at Visiting Flare's weird use of pronouns, and his backstory of Eternal Nova being killed by his gay yandere stalker).

I mean, look at those fucking freaks. Perfect Soul and Prince Diamond in particular.
>>
>>54095439
Wait, what's weird about Perfect Soul?
>>
>>54095493
>Prince Diamond

>When I was creating Prince Diamond, I knew that I wanted to drive home the diversity of the new Circle. I decided to make him a transgender character, drawing on the original lore of the Dereth of the Delzahn culture from Scavenger Sons. I felt that a transgender Solar would emphasize the diversity of the whole cast.
>>
File: Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai.jpg (389KB, 1109x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai.jpg
389KB, 1109x1599px
>>54095136

AdMech is great; one of my favourites, actually. But I don't really feel that it fits with what I want. I'm looking for something more organic.
>>
>>54095433
>What is it about them targeting a small demographic for sales that makes you angry?

For me, mostly that it's twisting the setting in ways that don't make a lot of sense in order to do so. I'd be a lot less annoyed if it was being handled better.
>>
>>54095536
>call Prince Diamond a woman and refuse to back down so that she challenges you a duel
>she refuses to make the stakes of the duel any less than your death, so you wager for her freedom
>you win and make her your personal sex slave >use your Performance sex charms to ahegao her into admitting that she's actually a woman
>yfw
>>
>>54095536
I didn't ask about Prince Diamond.

>>54095631
Assuming that I've been responding to the same person all this time and assuming you're that person, I would say you're lying. You did complain about the LGBT community being over-represented by characters in the setting, but you also complained about fatties and homosexuals demanding your respect and acceptance. You complained about acceptance for acceptance's sake. It really seems like you're angry that your preferred hobby isn't catering to your demographic anymore. Finding new group activities you truly enjoy doing isn't easy, but this new sales tactic will either work or it won't, and you have no control over that. If it works, and it seems like it is, you either need to move onto another hobby that does cater to you or start creating your own content for this one.

>>54095763
You didn't include a fucking face picture.
>>
>>54095493

Stronk womyn who gets her Exaltation by telling the Unconquered Sun to fuck off. Havesh the Vanisher makes more sense than her.
>>
>>54095834
That origin story made perfect sense to me. She was mad at Sol and the gods in general for letting her down and Sol had felt the same way about the Exalted. Empathy. I've been trying to contain my vitriol tonight, but I have to say this in all seriousness: I don't think you have a working theory of mind.
>>
>>54095815
>Assuming that I've been responding to the same person all this time and assuming you're that person

I'm not that person, no. I do think overrepresentation is a thing, but ultimately I care less about how many LGBTBBQ characters there are and more about whether or not a given character's gender identity or sexual orientation is the primary thing that pops into your head when you think about that character. It shouldn't be; the characters need to be better written than that. Like, with Ledaal Kes the first thing that always pops to mind isn't "he's gay", it's "he's an ace Gateway player and styled on Mnemon when she tried to subtly intimidate him".
>>
>>54095493

As a Zenith, Perfect Soul deviates from more recent conceptions of the Caste—she is not setting up temples to the Unconquered Sun or going on a deeply spiritual crusade against the world’s ills. Her righteous crusade is a very temporal, very personal one—to kick the invaders out of her land and free her people.

Once she was alone on the altar steps, she began to both pray to and curse. She said “You—most ancient and distant of gods, who has fallen in the eyes of man and spirit, fail me now as all the others.” Then she struck the image of the Unconquered Sun, cursing his impotence.

Such a fine example of Zenith Caste.
>>
>>54095938
Yeah, I read that backstory too, mang. She's concerned with rulership, which is the main function of a zenith. Seems legit to me.
>>
>>54096109

So it is with the Solars of the Zenith Caste, heroes chosen to exemplify the Sun’s divine authority.
priest-kings
Long ago, the Zenith Caste presided over the people of the Realm, handing down edicts inspired by their patron’s boundless virtue.
Before great decisions, the Zeniths sought guidance from their divine patron, praying to the Unconquered Sun for wisdom and insight.

Hey Sun; fuck you. - Congratulations. You are worthy.
>>
>>54096235
Sol Values bravery and honesty. Perfect Sol impressed him with her audacity.
>>
>>54096235
>Hey, Sun, if you're so virtuous and good, where's your bag of fucks to give?!
>Ah, shit, nigga, here's a bit o'dat swag, now you'll get to give fucks in my stead!
Meanwhile...
>Righty fa/tg/uy: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
>>
>>54096283

how many people curse the gods for misfortune that befell them?
>Perfect Sol impressed him with her audacity.

Come on now. That is like saying "Fuck the police" and getting accepted as "top of the class" for saying that.
>>
>>54096324
It's like hitting your dad with a punch and after that he shows respect for you as a man.
>>
>>54096324
How many of the geniuses and wunderkinds that are eligible for solar shard exalt?
>>
>>54096339
I guess what it boils down to is whether or not you find it more believable that Sol would be the kind of dad to do that, or the kind of dad to lay you out on your young punk ass for doing that.
>>
>>54096362
I suspect he'd do both, but getting exalted is kind of a symbolic sucker punch anyway.
>>
>>54096376
So...Sol is Abridged!Vegeta?
>>
File: benderlaughing.gif (972KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
benderlaughing.gif
972KB, 240x180px
>http://imgur.com/a/aDj92
>>
>>54096339

It is more about being a whiny bitch and dad giving you a free pass when you insult him because of your frustration for being a failure in life. He gives you scholarship and you still not giving a shit, and not being grateful about it because you are self-made man.
>>
>>54096405
The Unconquered Sun can't afford to buy a scholarship for his kids, he's a deadbeat who plays xbox all day.
>>
>>54096402
Five motherfucking years and a fucking shitload of sweet Kickstarted cash, yet they didn't pay anyone?
Sounds a bit like a hit piece by buttmad duo.
>>54096453
And gives them a fat roll of cash so they'll fuck off and solve their problems themselves.
>>
Or maybe you told off Dad for being a deadbeat and letting the house go to shit, so he hands you the keys to the car and dares you to do better.
>>
>>54096235
>>54096283
>>54096295

So what are your favourite stories of Exaltation, in the books or at the table?
>>
>>54096512
I had a player character in one of my games whose sifu dared her to punch the sun as a joke, who hallucinated the sun laughing at her and received an exaltation. Was that really the Unconquered Sun's laugher? Or was it just a desert mirage? I don't know either but it made me laugh to think about.
>>
File: The Sixth Time.gif (47KB, 408x410px) Image search: [Google]
The Sixth Time.gif
47KB, 408x410px
>>54096402
To this fucking day the only solid evidence of OPP failing to meet a contractual obligation with the devs is that fucking book thing, which is crappy, but the real concern is this talk about them not getting paid for work on 3E. I want to know whether Holden and Morke signed contracts that required pay for work that wasn't released in the core book. Because if they signed shitty contracts without that being stipulated it's all on them and I have neither pity nor sympathy for them.
>>
>>54096402

I'm with the Swedes on this one.

Holden is where this shit started, with his hanging out on RPG.net (which is a fucking cesspool, dear god, probably one of the worst forums I've ever been a part of).
>>
>>54096512
My favorite stories about Solar Exaltation are about second chance or great power landing inexplicably in the lap of someone yet to prove themself; what at first seems to be a bout of lunatic madness which drags a seriously ill old man out of his bed to do work while the inspiration lasts, or pushes a kid to attempt something that would give a master of craft a pause turns out to be their Exaltations.
>>
File: Fuck your shit, I'm the UCS.png (377KB, 1147x665px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your shit, I'm the UCS.png
377KB, 1147x665px
>>54096541

Just remember that this is a game where the sun can punch back.
>>
File: Ifrit King.jpg (161KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ifrit King.jpg
161KB, 600x900px
>>54096703

I seem to recall a story here about a character who was a young revolutionary, who led a rebellion against a corrupt tyrant and took power for himself, only to realize over the years that he was completely unable to fix the problems in the system that ruined the nation. With another rebellion lead by a man much like the PC was when young around the corner, he fled the nation, leaving his crown and a note for the young revolutionary to do better. The PC quietly Exalted leaving the city gates. Wish I could find that story again in the archives.
>>
>>54096696
Well, the more I read, the more it starts to resemble the kind of swindles that occur in game journalism and game dev in general (esp. towards artists).
>>
>>54092565
gay pandering is stupid, it's ok to complain about stupid
>>
>>54097043

Well... that's why you get contracts.

Personally I think Paradox knows that Holden and co's priority is SJW politics, not good rpg material. They got rid of them when they could.
>>
Hey, I'm new to Exalted and I've just been taking a look at the rules. Now, I'm not really feeling the whole gist of playing legendary, superhuman heroes who can basically blow away whole bands of enemies without much effort (I understand it isn't that clear-cut, maybe, but generally speaking), but after taking a look at just the system, it seems like a really snazzy thing. I've been looking for an rpg with a combat system that feels dynamic and all, and after reading the rules, I'm kinda intrested in this game. Heroic wuxia swordsmen and all that seems pretty cool.

How aberrant/pointless/retarded would it be to play Exalted without, well, the Exalted? I mean, there's advice about trying it out with just mortal characters, but is there actually "meat" for a longer game like that? Can I just use this game to play a campaign of heroic mortals and make it work well enough?
>>
>>54096235
zeniths have always been silly:
panther gets bored with his current life of gladitorial combat and orgies and has a minor midlife crisis inner monologue. so sol just randomly gives him a new job. "fuck it, why not?"
>>
>>54097273
Mortal Hero campaigns are fun, though there is a Scroll of Heroes which is splat for Mortal Heroes.
>>
>>54096387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnzMkJocw6Q
>>
File: jeffshrugs.gif (375KB, 500x218px) Image search: [Google]
jeffshrugs.gif
375KB, 500x218px
>>54096465
>yet they didn't pay anyone?
>Sounds a bit like a hit piece by buttmad duo.
It's better than that. Developers are responsible for making sure their writers are getting paid. So in actuality Holdorke fucked over their own team.

>>54096545
>is that fucking book thing
It's the weirdest part of the entire thing. RichT is assuredly a douchebag, but refusing to POD a book for a writer who is getting paid dogshit per word is weird. I suspect that after paying out a lot of refunds on the kickstarter the balance sheet was looking bloody.

>>54096696
Holden is a shitty person, no doubt. From where I'm sitting it looks like he's squarely to blame for all of the contract fuck ups. He throws shade on Rich for not explaining developer responsibilities to him (???) and not getting the "official" style guide (???) for almost two years.

Let me just say I'm not going to sit around idly for two fucking years waiting for my contract. I'll write the damn thing myself and send it over.

>>54097043
Right, but OPP's developers have always been responsible for composing the contracts and assuring their writers get paid. Most of the other developers have testified to this publicly. Even David Hill did, although I think he took that tweet down.

But yes, OPP is like most dying publishers running on fumes and barely able to afford to pay its writers.

>>54097157
Holden's not even really an SJW. He talks the talk but it's still not going to get him laid. Now, I'm all for women not being treated like second class citizens, but I'm also not going to fucking flip out at people who aren't. There's no point. Given the general basement-dweller mindset that is attracted to MRA stuff, the gene pool is taking care of itself.

But watching Holdorke try to slander RichT like there's a moral high ground to be found in the fucking swamp they built is funny as fuck.
>>
>>54095172
>But stop treating this situation like it's the LGBT community that's causing it.
There is most certainly a very loud faction of the LGBT+ community that is pushing for things like this.
>>
>>54097733

I think it's just crazies. It has more to do with political alignment than anything else.
>>
What combat skills combo best with stealth in 3e? Including MA's
>>
>>54097935
Thrown is kind of built for Stealth, Archery can also work well.

MAs, Ebon Shadow of course but I would also highly suggest Single Point. Join Battle into Stealth, Stalking Wolf to build up Initiative since Single Point is all about that one attack, kill a motherfucker, and if there are more use the branch of Stealth that lets you reroll Join Battle and wipe people's memories of you for a couple of turns, rinse, repeat.
>>
>>54096402

>hatewheel hyping up his own artifact

Holy fuck he has his head so far up his asshole I'm amazed he can see. This ain't math, so in order to decide if something is better other people will need to see it. Simply saying it's better when you're one of the only two-four people who'd ever see the fucking thing is beyond conceited.

I won't deny Rich is an asshole, but that Demon Dev guy was the voice of reason and smoked the fuck out of everyone in that piece.
>>
>>54097157

I don't think SJW stuff was remotely on the table. I think it was more of them taking three years to write a damn book.
>>
>>54097416

>Let me just say I'm not going to sit around idly for two fucking years waiting for my contract. I'll write the damn thing myself and send it over.

If Holdorke were smart, they would've put in a clause like Breeding Season where if they left the company it would allow them to take something damning to the company with them.
>>
>>54097792
The crazy shit in the LGBT world comes mostly from radfem lesbians (usually because they were raped as kids - it's a scary-common thing amongst radfems, which when you think about it explains why they exist at all) and trans women full of crazy-making hormones.

Gay guize and trans dudes are usually chill as fuck in my experience. And, like, most bi people just wanna bang everyone so we don't have time for politics and shit.
>>
>>54098386

Well there's also the people who surround them and advocate for them, who are cis/straight/whatever.

I used to run a Solars game where one of the players was a nerdy gay guy playing a flamboyant and seductive straight Zenith. That character was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>54095439
>The new canonical circle has everyone be gay, transgender, or attack helicopter
I don't know anything about the Dawn except that he's shirtless.
>>
>>54098523
he likes to insult the realm and wore the mons of the scarlet empress over his crotch to incite a brawl with a teahouse full of realm soldiers.

he and perfect soul apparently have a tense relationship.

I dunno where people get all this bullshit from. Prince Diamond is a trans guy in a tradition from the Delzahn which is cool.

Perfect Soul is just a Zenith trying to liberate her kingdom from House Mnemon. Where are people bringing all this baggage bullshit from?

Volfer is apparently a dick who fights people.

We don't know anything about Novia Claro.

Iselsi Shen is a sorcerer and a member of the All-Seeing Eye who Exalted.

where is all this butthurt coming from?
>>
>>54098386
I know a few actual trans people; they're pretty chill but they get really annoyed at "transtrender" types who somehow got it into their heads that literally feeling like your body is *wrong* is somehow a desirable or fun state of being.
>>
>>54098905

DESU every MtF trans person I know has basically ruined their life with this process.

The ones who seem to be the most stable are the "so gay I'm trans," the "want to be trans but still have sex with women" ones, or the transtrenders or nonbinaries, seem like they need psychological help more than anything else, and there's a culture based around shunning that.
>>
>>54097273
>>54097335
Playing as mortals can be fun, and if the group feels like it later, they can exalt and enter the big league.
>>
>>54092417
> they'll always have some version of the torment mechanic(which is iirc far more forgiving than limitbreak anyway)

Don't Torments infect Intimacies, and nearby people as well? How is that more forgiving than Limit Break?
>>
>>54099986
Misery loves company!
>>
>>54098561
>I dunno where people get all this bullshit from. Prince Diamond is a trans guy in a tradition from the Delzahn which is cool.
Dereth usually aren't transsexual. Their tradition exists as a loophole of sorts in the Delzhan's very strict gender roles, and usually people take the grey because their talents and interests point to a profession that's associated with the opposite sex. There's nothing particularly problematic about a trans Dereth, though, and what little we've heard of Prince Diamond doesn't make him/her/whatever seem like there's nothing more than trans stuff to the character. The things I've heard make it seem like the warrior culture of the Delzahn is a more defining feature.
>>
>Something linked to White Wolf is gay as fuck
>People are somehow surprised by this
>>
File: 1497037285787.jpg (149KB, 614x786px) Image search: [Google]
1497037285787.jpg
149KB, 614x786px
So, soon I will finally have an occasion to play (well, GM) Exalted. As for now I'm planning to run a one-shot, which will continue if players are willing.

My question is - which edition should I run? The big thing backing 2E is that I bought a (poorly translated) rulebook at a sale some time ago, and I'm a sucker for physical rulebooks. Does 3E manage to streamline basic mechanics enough to make it be worth using?
>>
>>54101121
Yes. 2e is a garbage fire, especially if you don't use the errata/update that's big enough to be its own book.
>>
>>54099472

Yeah, it's basically a mental illness. Also, it's impossible for a man to know what it's like to be a woman, and vice-versa. All they have is the idea of what it's like to be the opposite gender.

Obviously they'd be disappointed after all the horrific stuff done to their body.
>>
>>54098073
Yeah Morke is a terminal piece of shit.

>>54098152
They, apparently, never even furnished contracts for most of the work. For themselves or for the writers. So, uh...not smart doesn't even begin to cover it.
>>
>>54098073
>hatewheel hyping up his own artifact

don't want to search through 70+ images. Can you post it here?
>>
>>54101137

Okay, thanks.
>>
>>54101630

He isn't joking. Errata has 160 pages. Some exalted books have less pages.
>>
>>54099986
acts of villainy mean it's easy to reduce, while limit just builds up.
and since it was remade into something to reinforce the urge it doesn't seem to do the longterm madness solars get(on it's own anyway. ..infernals have plenty of charms that'd do the same thing or worse, especially once you start learning contradictory ones that don't just cancel out, but that's quite not the same).
>>
>>54098008

Tiger Style is another good option. It may not be able to deal as much damage in a single round as Single Point, but it's probably th best for getting consistently high damage every turn.
>>
>>54097273
Mortal Heroes can be a ton of fun. You just need to have all your players understand going to it that playing as mortals pretty much puts them at the bottom of the supernatural totem pole. Mortals have to struggle and sweat for every scrap of power they get.

You can also have it set up so they Exalt at some point during the game if you feel you want to step up the stakes or get them involved in big league stuff.
>>
>>54097733
Yeah, they're pushing for it and the people working for OPP are the only ones with the power to deliver what they want, retard. There is a demand, and they're trying to profit from it. Stop conflating the people who want things with the people who could actually give it to them.
>>
>>54102615
>There is a demand, and they're trying to profit from it.

Marvel and DC would disagree with you.
>>
>>54063399
Try a mortal warrior whose goal is to fuck an exalted.
>>
How do Half-Castes learning Charms in second edition work? Can they only learn the charms their parents knew or can they branch off a bit?
>>
>>54067761
>Managing to sleep through the Balorian Crusade

How?
>>
>>54102072
>You can also have it set up so they Exalt at some point during the game if you feel you want to step up the stakes or get them involved in big league stuff

That's basically actually how I started my last exalted campaign. Had all the players create heroic mortals and then exalted them during the second session. I timed their exaltation off of whatever their supernal ability was.

It was a big siege against a hub city in the near north where the entire city was surrounded by undead and the group was rallying the town.
- The captain of the guard character exalted as they shook off what was probably going to be a mortal blow from a huge undead wielding a scythe made of reinforced bone. (Resistance Supernal)
- The face/negotiator of the group, a local noble, did a rousing speech to a group of retreating soldiers that convinced them to go back into the fray and exalted on the spot at the climax of the speech (the speech was actually quite impressive IRL). (Persuasion Supernal)
- The sneak/thief/assassin and our air tribe (winged people?) archer exalted they managed to interrupt the BBEG's ritual by making a nearly impossible bow attack followed up by a quite impressive stealth roll to snatch and grab the ritual focus and bug out of there. (Stealth and Archery supernals).
>>
>>54100951
even better, because it isn't imposing modern values inherently but if someone wants to look at it and choose to feel represented even though it technically isn't a trans thing is great. Everybody wins. What's the issue?
>>
>>54063399

There is already a character, canonically, who does this. A Lunar Exalted, Ma-Ha-Suchi, has this as his Motivation all the way back in the First Age.

He's fairly successful, and then the Usurpation happens.
>>
>>54103119
Artifical, Solar-induced Hybernation.
>>
>>54067761

Quick, what are the best Lunar totem animals for a good waifu? Obviously, there's fox, rabbit, felines (tigers, cats and so on), canines, but I can't think of anything else.

Also, having her be in hibernation is probably the best-case scenario.

I mean, if you think about it, Exalting in the First Age would be pretty weird. Like, imagine you're the last survivor of your village, and you kneel amid the bloody ruins of the raiders you've single-handedly slain with a sword forged of raw iron that you made yourself.

Then a fucking starfighter flies down, and three living gods, the other members of your Circle, want to take you to Heaven. They address you familiarly, like you're an old friend, and they know everything about you.

After that, you're taken to a city where people are throwing a massive parade, and it's all for you. It's like you're the second coming of Christ. Then you meet the most beautiful woman you've ever seen - beautiful and terrifying - and she goes "I see you're a blonde this time, husband. Good. I prefer blondes."
>>
>>54103751

And after that, you meet an incredibly old man who looks like the Pope and who shuffles towards you to embrace you, and he's weeping. Obviously you're like "...Wait, are you my father?" and one of your Circle-members tells you "No, no. You're his father. This is your first-born son, and he wanted to say goodbye."

Then you're told that your life, from this point onwards, will be one of heroics, impossible wealth, and incredible ease. You will live for thousands of years, unless something kills you.

And there's this dinner in, oh, six months from now, where you can meet the rest of the Deliberative...

Half a year later, when warstriders blast you with Essence weaponry as you flee the banquet hall, and rebel Dragon-blooded hunt you through Meru, your last thought is "Maybe I should have died with my village. Maybe it'd have been easier that way."
>>
>>54103751
>>54103805
That's the coolest thing I've ever read on these threads, and sounds very accurate too.

>Quick, what are the best Lunar totem animals for a good waifu?
I have a thing for salamanders since Monster Girl Quest
>>
>>54103751

The worst part is, this guy won't be remembered. The Second Age Solar who gets his Exaltation will only have the memories of the centuries-old incarnation, not the guy who held it for less than a year.
>>
>>54103512
Nothing. I just wanted to clarify the way the Dereth usually work, that's all. I think they're a pretty neat part of setting, partially for the reasons you mentioned. Exalted has actually been suprisingly good at inclusion without (that much), I'd say.
>>
>>54103751

Crocodile. Crocodile is best waifu.
>>
>>54103750
lunars don't need that, iirc hybernation with specific waking conditions that may not have been met yet was a lunar charm
>>
>>54092881
forcibly converting and murdering them isn't really equivalent to including them.
>>
File: Lunar Strength Excellency.gif (724KB, 217x160px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Strength Excellency.gif
724KB, 217x160px
>>54103751

>Quick, what are the best Lunar totem animals for a good waifu?

Red Panda.
>>
>>54104221

You missed the point. It is about shoving one agenda and then asking what is wrong with it. He made example how would you feel if someone shoved agendas, over and over again, that you don't agree with.
>>
>>54104443
That example makes no sense unless you assume that killing or forcibly converting people is comparable to including and accepting them. I mean, there are agendas and then there are agendas. Some are more disturbing, disruptive and obnoxious than others. If the agenda amounts to including people of different sexual orientations and showing that they are actually people, there is no reason to object. Including an agenda about killing people for their sexual orientation, whatever that might be, or trying to forcibly convert them into another orientation, things would be quite different.
>>
>>54103751
>rabbit
iirc for some retarded reason lunar totems need to be predators. everybody ignores this though
>>
>>54104571

It makes sense. What is opposite of including and accepting?

Killing and forcibly converting is horrible and obnoxious but so is forcefully making every character a rainbow spectrum and thinking everyone will agree with it. It is an argument on the opposite side so you can see how it looks from the other side.

1st: What does your sexual orientation has to do with world conquest and liberation?
2nd: Previous editions had characters that were relatable to multiple people. Some of those characters were gay. But those weren't their defining characteristic. New characters are created around the concept of their sexual orientation. That character is relatable to individuals.
>>
>>54104837
>but so is forcefully making every character a rainbow spectrum
Yeah, but the devs aren't doing that. Heterosexual people comfortable with the bodies they were born with aren't going anywhere. There will be *some* NPCs on the "rainbow spectrum", but there is no particular reason that any character will just be a walking, talking sexual orientation and nothing else. From the new canon characters we know something about Prince Diamond is the only one who we know to be any kind of a LGBT person, and the backstory we got from him was more about being a Delzahn warrior in strange land than about being trans.
>>
>>54103751
selkie
>>
>>54104837
>New characters are created around the concept of their sexual orientation.

Citation needed.
>>
>>54105122
>>When I was creating Prince Diamond, I knew that I wanted to drive home the diversity of the new Circle. I decided to make him a transgender character, drawing on the original lore of the Dereth of the Delzahn culture from Scavenger Sons. I felt that a transgender Solar would emphasize the diversity of the whole cast.

www facebook com/notes/john-m%C3%B8rke/a-look-at-exalteds-new-solars-prince-diamond/10153738008345909/
>>
>>54105224
"I wanted a transgender character" is not "I made his entire character concept be that he's transgender"
That's clearly not the case for Prince Diamond anyway and it's a expansion of already known lore into a character.
>>
>>54105224

What do we know bout Prince Diamond beyond "Is transgender" and "Might kill you for using the wrong pronouns?"
>>
>>54104571
yeah if murder is part of your agenda sorry but you're the fucking bad guy
>>
>>54105303
At least the fact that he explains the whole Dereth thing when people use wrong pronouns and resorts to violence if they keep using them anyways. He/she/whatever seems like a pretty standard member of a warrior culture, who also happens to be trans.
>>
>>54105303
That they're an eclipse and if they want you to use chicken clucks to describe them, you're more than likely going to.
>>
>>54105224
I'm pretty sure that the guy who wrote Ledaal Kes also thought that adding a gay character would add some diversity. Then he went and wrote a pretty cool, fleshed-out character.
>>
>>54100951
Well, to be totally fair? Prince Diamond's main personality trait seems to be typical Delzhan hotbloodedness, but the main thing I can recall that being applied to relates to his status as a Dereth.
>>
>>54104837
I'm not him but you seem to be intentionally missing the point and just repeating yourself.
>Killing and forcibly converting is horrible and obnoxious but so is forcefully making every character a rainbow spectrum and thinking everyone will agree with it.
The point still stands that no, those two things aren't even remotely comparable.
>>
>>54101730
3e has 169 pages and counting, going by the thread on the OPP forums.
>>
>>54106198
What? You mean the ask the devs thread don't you. That isn't errata, there are maybe around 20-30 posts total answering mechanics questions, most of which are easily resolved and the people asking them are just touched in the head.
>>
>>54106198
>>54106213

Here's a link detailing only the answers that change the rules of the game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3ooTmopm3CBxW5jwPp1761xsaIccea-5XIhVM_PQEc/edit

And here's a link detailing every question answered.

http://nishkriya.com/Threads/Details/10319
>>
>>54105037
There's going to be at least two characters in DBs who will be like that, an MtF transsexual sorcerer and a gender-nonbinary satrap.

I'm holding my judgement until we see how fleshed out those characters turn out. My hopes aren't particularly great but Vance and Minton have pleasantly surprised me before.
>>
>>54106254
My point stands. So far I count around 3-4 of those that I couldn't have figured out using my own brain, which is kind of the point of playing a game like this.
>>
>an MtF transsexual sorcerer and a gender-nonbinary satrap

Why the fuck does every splat need to be at least 20% transsexual/attack helicopter? This is bullshit.
>>
>>54106481
Why the fuck does it matter if every splat is only 20% something not relevant to you? This is an absolute non-issue.
>>
>>54106481
>Why the fuck does every splat need to be at least 20% transsexual/attack helicopter? This is bullshit.

Because Onyx Path are the kind of ebin megacucks who think that David Hill should be paid for writing RPGs rather than dropped in the ocean.
>>
>>54106481

Because it is written by leftists. Few years ago it was about strong independent woman and fighting the corrupt system. Now it is about attack helicopters. Can't wait for xhe, xher non-binary exalt.
>>
>>54106531

Which is ironic as it was conceived by a libertarian.

>>54106515

Because it takes up space that could be used on characters with, well, characterization.

They're going politics>art with this, and I don't like it.
>>
The problem is not having LGBT characters, even if it feels forced.

The problem is not characters with non-standard gender identities, even if it feels forced.

The problem is not even making characters solely about whatever bit of attack helicopter shit the author wants to get ally cookies for this week.

The problem is when you take interesting setting elements which aren't just "Generic Middle-Ages Europe With Elves And Shit" or "Fantasy China lol" but actually have complex and interesting ideas about things like sexuality, gender, marriage and child-rearing...

And then gut anything interesting in favour of inserting early-21st-century Western SJ-inflected morality in its place. THAT is a problem. That's why a FtM Dereth stabbing your shit up if you call them "She" is completely fine, but Dynasts gay marrying is not.

The lack of gay marriage in the Realm and the lack of nonbinary roles in Delzhan culture are not a fucking diversity problem, they ARE DIVERSITY. Diversity of representative cultures, diverse from both Generic Fantasy Culture AND Generic 21st Century Western Culture.

I had hoped the summary ejection of Holden and Morke would have fixed this. Clearly I need to recalibrate my optimism, because the RPG industry is still filled with hipster hacks and Onyx Path is no exception.
>>
>>54106562
>Because it takes up space that could be used on characters with, well, characterization.

Wait until the book comes out before making these kinds of judgements. Like I said, I'm not overly hopeful myself, but the new devs have proven to be people I'm willing to give the initial benefit of the doubt to.
>>
>>54106562
>Which is ironic as it was conceived by a libertarian.
Isn't libertarianism about individual freedom, especially but not solely economic freedom? That's pretty readily compatible with tolerance and diversity. Aside from that, in my country at least the right-left division is mostly about the stance on economics. That doesn't really have anything to do with one's attitude towards LGBT people.
>>
>>54106866

when it comes to USA left is about all freedoms. Social and economical. Also left is currently full of batshit crazies. This is why currently you see them going around telling we should remove patriarchal capitalism and embrace marxism and communism.
>>
>>54107159
>left is about all freedoms. Social and economical.
Yeah, sure and I'm the Chejop Kejak.
>>
>>54106706

Do y'all have any plans to introduce more Exalts down the line with varying body shapes? The setting's surely already got enough guys with rock-hard abs and girls whose only body fat is on their chests, right? Can we see a soft belly that isn't Sesus Nagezzar's?

Vance - Yes, representing a diverse variety of body types is something that's important to us. You'll see this starting with the new signature Dragon-Blooded characters.
>>
>>54107296
THICC is love, THICC is life
>>
>>54107378

landwhales of death
>>
>>54103751
Snek
>>
Question, /exg/, if you're not in crashed, can you spend enough init on a Perilous Charm to put you into crash, or are you stopped from spending init once you hit zero?
>>
>>54107296
S U M O W R E S T L E R

Speaking of wrestling what charms would one take to run a Dawn Caste Luchador from the south?
>>
>>54107296
>You'll see this starting with the new signature Dragon-Blooded characters.

Case in point.

Interesting: A culture dominated by a caste of biologically-distinct living weapons bred for war, in which being visibly overweight or even soft-looking is seen as evidence of unforgiveable levels of decadence and lack of proper self-control.

Not Interesting: Overfed 21st century lardballs with elemental powers and t-shirts saying "NO FAT SHAMING".
>>
>>54094696
>I'm saying there are too many rainbow people and too many strong independent women that don't need a man.
Why. Why is having a cast of majority non straight people 'bad'?
>>54094696
>People don't know hate gays, lesbians, fat people etc. They hate assholes
Anon we have a whole board of people who hate those kinds of people for just those reasons on this very site.
>>
>>54108271
>Why is having a cast of majority non straight people 'bad'?

Because the vast majority doesn't give a fuck. You want things you can identify with, thats ok. So does the majority. And people making stuff want things to SELL. And that is the key word there.

You know why Marvel's sales are in the shitter for a long time? Too much pandering to people who don't buy comics, and those that do (ie: mostly straight men), don't want to see Iceman suddenly being turned gay or Arcade getting his ass kicked in by someone who is whining about fucking "gender issues" while they're doing it.

The same applies to the RPG playing crowd. Mostly straight males, who don't neccessarily dislike this LGBTWTFBBQ shit, but also don't want it shoved into every facet of everything because they don't give a flying fuck about it, but seeing it everywhere gives people the idea you're pandering and overrepresenting, which you are. Because the vast majority isn't trisexual otherkin.
>>
>>54108248
Tits are fat too, but I bet you wouldn't complain about all the women being titty monsters.
>>
>>54108335
And then the icing on the cake: they get accused, loudly, of being actual transphobes and homophobes when they complain about this, which prevents sensible discourse from forming and just stokes the fires of tribalism and extreme-end beliefs.
>>
>>54108335
>Because the vast majority doesn't give a fuck.
I'm sorry I'm still having trouble grasping what you mean here, if people don't care then why is this a bad thing?
Also thats another thing I've never understood. Why does a character liking dudes when you don't like dudes suddenly make them completely unrelateable? Why are you not allowed to empathize with these people because they fuck things you dont? I have never once in my life looked at some straight character from a tv show or whatever and went 'Oh boy he likes pussy just like me, what a cool guy!' I mean sure, you can get heavy handed and preachy with it such as marvel does (that one terrible comic bit with the villain turning on her partner because thor has a vagina now comes to mind) but in and of itself it's not a bad thing.
>but also don't want it shoved into every facet of everything because they don't give a flying fuck about it, but seeing it everywhere gives people the idea you're pandering and overrepresenting, which you are. Because the vast majority isn't trisexual otherkin.
This seems contradictory. If they don't care why would they stop liking it for being there? And again, we don't know how well OPP is actually going to pull it off. We have ONE FUCKING SENTENCE stating that a DB wasn't married "to a man or woman" yet, and if you call that shoving it in your face you're a thin skinned cry baby.
>>
>>54108443

Your problem is you're equating indifference with tolerance. Most people are pretty indifferent to, say, children starving in Africa. But if you shoved starving kids in their face, they'd probably do something about it. Theres also the tendancy to highlight the issue. It's not just "Look, X is gay" it's "LOOK, X IS GAY LOOK AT US WE'RE SO PROGRESSIVE HERE'S 15 PARAGRAPHS ABOUT HOW GAY THEY ARE", like being gay is their only fucking character trait.
>>
>>54108443
>Why does a character liking dudes when you don't like dudes suddenly make them completely unrelateable?

Because to most straight males the idea of liking a man in that way is alien. Turn the question around, why does a character being straight seem so much of a problem to all of these people wanting more gays in everything?

Because they don't identify with it. They're not the target audience for it, so to speak.
>>
>>54108470
>Your problem is you're equating indifference with tolerance. Most people are pretty indifferent to, say, children starving in Africa. But if you shoved starving kids in their face, they'd probably do something about it.
I...what? What the hell does this mean? How does this relate to having gay characters? Are you saying most people are indifferent to gay people normally but suddenly don't like them when they see them? Because dude, that's just called hating gay people.
>It's not just "Look, X is gay" it's "LOOK, X IS GAY LOOK AT US WE'RE SO PROGRESSIVE HERE'S 15 PARAGRAPHS ABOUT HOW GAY THEY ARE", like being gay is their only fucking character trait.
You're repeating yourself. Yes, I agree that if the DB book comes out and there's this huge four page spread talking about how its totally cool to be gay in the realm and if you don't do it like that you're evil, then you have every right to get mad. But the book isn't out yet. We have a fucking handful of words in a single antagonist write up mentioning that a girl is unmarried, and people are getting triggered like fuck over it.
>>
It's pretty annoying when a character's defining trait is "isn't straight."
>>
>>54108337

Depends on what you mean by "titty monster." For my part, I wouldn't complain about a dude looking like Mark Hunt or a chick looking like any of the attractive (or unattractive) female MMA fighters or athletes I know of.

There's a difference between "chunky but fit" and just "lardass" and I have a feeling that (female) characters in the new books will trend towards the latter to be more "inclusive."
>>
>>54108529

people are not getting triggered over it. This is like a ride with your kids and the back seat, When they say "are we there yet?" you don't take notice of it. It is harmless question. When they say "are we there yet?" for 50th time...

same is happening with this. pandering to minuscule percentage of fans at every step is getting obnoxious.
>>
>>54108521
>Because to most straight males the idea of liking a man in that way is alien.
Yeah, and? I get that, I don't like dick and find it generally unappealing. But unless some character is basing everything they are around their lust for cock, in which case there are much bigger issues at play, this fact isn't going to mystically make me unable to empathize or appreciate a character who does like dick.
>Turn the question around, why does a character being straight seem so much of a problem to all of these people wanting more gays in everything?
That doesn't help much because I think both ideas are ridiculous. Saying we need more representation because people base their self worth on how many cool fictional characters like to fuck the same sorts of people they do is just as bizarre as saying a straight person can never enjoy a non straight character.
>>
>>54108529
>I...what? What the hell does this mean?

It means exactly what it says: People tend to be indifferent to things in small doses, or when it's not shoved in their face. See: Starving African children, people eating dogs and cats, people whining on twitter, etc. It all passes by most people blissfully unaware, until it gets shoved in their face via someone bringing it to their attention, sometimes repeatedly.
>>
>>54108589
>Saying we need more representation because people base their self worth on how many cool fictional characters like to fuck the same sorts of people they do is just as bizarre

Yet this is what is happening in a lot of media today: Movies, TV shows, comics, games, etc. It's really tiring by this point.
>>
>>54108587
>people are not getting triggered over it.
Yes they are, read the thread.
>same is happening with this. pandering to minuscule percentage of fans at every step is getting obnoxious.
For the fifth fucking time, how is it being obnoxious here when its literally one sentence? I don't fucking get it.
>>54108591
Anon I don't really know how to explain this to you, but everyone is indifferent to just about everything when they aren't thinking about it. If you are okay with dogs whenever they're not around you but get scared of a dog whenever it shows up, you're just afraid of dogs. If you don't care about gay people as long as they aren't gay around you, and never bring up their gayness, and never talk about or mention it, you just don't like gay people.
>>
>>54108660
>Anon I don't really know how to explain this to you, but everyone is indifferent to just about everything when they aren't thinking about it. If you are okay with dogs whenever they're not around you but get scared of a dog whenever it shows up, you're just afraid of dogs. If you don't care about gay people as long as they aren't gay around you, and never bring up their gayness, and never talk about or mention it, you just don't like gay people.

And thats why people act out for things like this when it appears in various forms of media, including RPG's like Exalted. Good, you grasped what I said.
>>
>>54108677
So you're just saying we shouldn't put gay people in media because people don't like them? Oh, well that makes things easier
>>>/pol/
>>
>>54107851
I'd let a Charm get you into negative Initiative but not a Charm that gives you bonuses per X Initiative.

For example, a Charm that costs 5i I'd let you use it at 1 Initiative.

However Reed in the Wind that gives 1 Evasion per 2i I would only let you spend 2i to get 1 Evasion. I wouldn't let you spend 10i to get a full 5 Evasion from it. Heavenly Guardian Defense I wouldn't let you nullify 300 damage by going to -299 Initiative.
>>
>>54108686

No. What people are saying is "they don't have a problem with LGBT. Make a LGBT character"

problem happens when you start every diversity character in existence. They then start becoming a majority of content. And that content isn't something 90+% of people want.

People don't have a problem with these new characters. They represent the last straw and this is why there is so much backlash toward them.
>>
>>54108686

No, I'm saying that when things like that are added, you get people complaining because it brings it to their attention, whether because they actually dislike it, or because of what >>54108587 says.
>>
>>54108772
Christ dude we've been over all of this
A) This isn't the majority, like at all
B) Why do people suddenly not like this media because characters want to fuck things they don't want to fuck
>>54108781
If they don't like it when it's brought to their attention that means they just don't like it. How the hell are you not getting this. If you hate any gay character whenever they show up and are mentioned you just fucking don't like gay people. That link is saying exactly the same fucking thing.
I fully understand not liking them if they're heavy handed and terribly written and preachy and so on, yes that makes sense. But so far we have no indication that this will be the case, we have one sentence.
>>
>>54108820

Yes it is. Did you live under a rock for past 4 years? You can't throw a rock without hitting some non-binary character in entertainment media.

B) Because 90% of the time who is fucking who actually doesn't contribute to a story in any way. But it needs to be mentioned over and over again.
>>
>>54108851
>Because 90% of the time who is fucking who actually doesn't contribute to a story in any way. But it needs to be mentioned over and over again

Best way to write characters is to never mention sexuality in any way. Solves all of these issues right then and there. No one can go full retard if you don't give them something to go full retard over.
>>
>>54108851
You're going to need to point that out to me anon, because by my count nearly every major media character, fictional or real, is still either a dude that likes chicks or a chick that likes dudes.
>B) Because 90% of the time who is fucking who actually doesn't contribute to a story in any way. But it needs to be mentioned over and over again.
This goes back to them being present vs poorly written. I agree that if they're pointless and preachy then they're bad, I've already said this. The point I'm making here is I don't see why people are freaking out over this one particular NPC when it really isn't that.
>>
>>54108248
>Case in point.
>Interesting: A culture dominated by a caste of biologically-distinct living weapons bred for war, in which being visibly overweight or even soft-looking is seen as evidence of unforgiveable levels of decadence and lack of proper self-control.
>Not Interesting: Overfed 21st century lardballs with elemental powers and t-shirts saying "NO FAT SHAMING".
We don't know which one we'll get, though. I mean, we already know that the Dragon-Blooded *can* get fat. Despite the Dynasty's appreciation for physical fitness, there are enough Dynasts that it makes sense that, since they can get fat, some of them will. We haven't heard anything about the Realm's attitude towards these things changing, so it's a wee bit too early to be worrying.

>>54108470
>It's not just "Look, X is gay" it's "LOOK, X IS GAY LOOK AT US WE'RE SO PROGRESSIVE HERE'S 15 PARAGRAPHS ABOUT HOW GAY THEY ARE", like being gay is their only fucking character trait.
Exalted has gay NPCs already. None of them are what you're describing. Prince Diamond, from what we know about him, is not what you're describing.
>>
>>54108907

and I'm telling you they aren't freaking about that one character. This bitching is product of extended period of time given to producing the content they didn't ask for. It lies in the domain "Not this shit again". Even if wasn't this character next one in line will most probability be in same "diversity" shtick and it will get the same treatment.
>>
>>54108851
>Yes it is. Did you live under a rock for past 4 years? You can't throw a rock without hitting some non-binary character in entertainment media.
Anon, you are actually and literallly delusional if you think LBGT characters are in the majority. They are featured, sure. Most characters are still straight, most relationships are still straight relationships.

>>54108879
>Best way to write characters is to never mention sexuality in any way. Solves all of these issues right then and there. No one can go full retard if you don't give them something to go full retard over.
While I mostly agree with this, I'd like to point out to Ledaal Kes once again. His relationship with Ragara Szaya is pretty interesting, in my opinion.
>>
>>54108992
>and I'm telling you they aren't freaking about that one character
You only brought that up at all last reply. If thats what you've meant fucking say it.
>"Not this shit again"
And I ask once a fucking gain, if it's not poorly written why the hell are you getting your panties in a bunch over it?
>>
>>54108992
>This bitching is product of extended period of time given to producing the content they didn't ask for.
What content, exactly? Are we talking about Exalted in specific or entertainment media in general? If it's the former, I'd like some examples. It it's the latter, examples don't really cut it, because there's enough entertainment around to find plenty of examples about pretty much any type of character, so some kind of comparative data about the number of LBGT characters vs the number of straight characters would be needed to make a fact-based argumetn one way or another.
>>
>>54108936

Yes. There is a fat iconic DragonBlooded character. And guess what. They call him The Slug. They all loathe him. He loathes himself for his weakness.

Prince Diamond starting development was "We need diversity transsexual". If it was mentioned he was from Dereth nobody would say anything and would go with "oooh so prince is actually a ... hah. " But no. You get texts about father accepted his transitions, and general pandering to it.
>>
>>54109051

I wish I would work in OPP. I would dedicate my time to quality writing obnoxious shit. I would shit on everything established and then I would ask you "if it's not poorly written why the hell are you getting your panties in a bunch over it?"
>>
>>54109073
>Yes. There is a fat iconic DragonBlooded character. And guess what. They call him The Slug. They all loathe him. He loathes himself for his weakness.
Yes? What's the problem, then? We haven't heard anything about this changing in 3E.

>Prince Diamond starting development was "We need diversity transsexual"
Sure. Then he became a fleshed out character, at least fleshed out beyond being transsexual. Again, what's the problem? Characters generally don't start full of nuance and depth. They start with a simple idea. Writers then do their job and write a character based on this idea.
>>
>>54109121
Look if you've got nothing left to say just don't reply, don't make up bullshit to make yourself look retarded.
>writing obnoxious shit
Pssst. That means its poorly written. Kind of the whole point I was making
>>
>>54109121
>implying it wouldn't be poorly written
Really, though, give some specific examples of the things you feel are shitting on everything established, and give some reasons for why these things are incompatible with the stablished lore.
>>
>>54109125

Sure thing. I bet I'll see a female Sesus Nagezzer. Describing her as a sweaty obese creature. That everyone is thinking she is a disgrace and prime example what DragonBlood should never be.

But no. We will get a landwhale with Apperance 5 that is a deadly with a pen (because pen is mightier than a sword) and has sharpest tongue in Dynast social circles.
>>
>>54109149

I'm just using your logic.

this shit is getting trying. This is like Sean Bean getting killed in almost every movie he is in. Same with this diversity. - if it's not poorly written why the hell are you getting your panties in a bunch over it?

This is horrible. How can you systematic and organized slave camps that Realm uses in satrapies? You are writing too much about their suffering and inhumane treatment - if it's not poorly written why the hell are you getting your panties in a bunch over it?
>>
>>54109296
>I'm just using your logic.
No, no you aren't. You might be trying to, but you're failing.
I'm saying I don't care what sorts of characters they put in the game as long as those characters are written well and are fun to tell stories about
You respond by saying you'd shit all over the setting and write bad material
That's literally the exact opposite of what my logic is. You cannot be more wrong than you are.
And once again you're going to need to explain what the fuck that analogy you tried to make even meant, because it makes zero fucking sense.
>>
>>54109358

Because your argument is "it isn't poor writing". I'll make a good writing about really horrible things. And then I'll say "You are just offended and you don't like it. Writing is well researched, and written competently."
>>
>>54109407
It is certainly possible to write well about horrible things. Manacle and Coin is generally considered to be one of the better 1E books, for instance. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, though. Earlier you were talking about weiting "obnoxious shot"; which is, as I'm sure you're well aware, not synonymous with or even related to writing about horrible things.
>>
>>54109407
>I'll make a good writing about really horrible things.
Oh so we're back to the 'having gay people at all is bad' bit. Okay
>>>/pol/
Also you're analogy was shit. No actually, I'm totally fine with writing about bad things if it's done in an engaging way. That's just called having villains.
>>
>>54109467
Using a little girl to host Infernal essences was both obnoxious and horrible. I don't like that writing but then argument could be "This is hell. That was the point behind the idea."

And there was a uproar behind it.

Also there was an uproar about that Charm that lets you give others a best orgasm ever and uproar was this was actually a rape charm (while devs went with the idea about a bedroom whispers for information that seductress use in fiction to get information). You know in a game where you can torture, intimidate, mindbreak others or people close to them so they give you the information.
>>
>>54109474

Are you retarded or what? There is nothing wrong with gay people. Problem is when this becomes the norm. Diversity for diversity sake. And it is going in that direction. You can say I'm wrong, and I'm hoping I'm in the wrong, but we shall see in the future.
>>
>>54109647
That doesn't actually address anything in my post, you know? Yes, Lillun was both obnoxious and horrible. Both of those separate things. Her being horrible wasn't the problem. Everything related to her being obnoxious, shocking just to be shocking, evil in a way that doesn't really fit Exalted's Hell, was the problem.There was an uproar about Celestial Bliss Trick, but there was no unanimous, one-sided rejection of that Charm. Some people were vocally bothered by it, some other people thought the people being bothered by it were being kind of dumb. We're also moving further and further away from your original points. First it was about obnoxious things, then horrible things, now apparently just things some people don't like? What are you even trying to say at this point?
>>
>>54109707
>There is nothing wrong with gay people.
Thats not at all what you're last posts meant, if you were trying to say that you cocked it up. You compared writing about gay people, even if done well, to writing about things like slave camps. "good writing about really horrible things." Is literally exactly what you said
>Problem is when this becomes the norm.
Why? Justify this, why is that wrong. And it's not 'for diversity's sake' its there because these people exist in real fucking life and would still exist in creation.
>>
>>54109707
No point arguing with him, dude. He's dead set in the idea that anyone not venerating the worst elements of the gay/lesbian/trans 'population' (which is not even close to 10% of the human race) is a big bad nazi who must go back to /pol/.
>>
>>54109783
Wow, nice set of stuff I never said, you really got me there.
>>
>>54109783
Which is hilarious considering that SJW types are some of the most antisemitic people you will ever encounter.
>>
>>54109783
There is something truly bizarre going on here. I'm not sure if I want to know, but could you explain how you can read people syaing that it's okay to have some gay characters, that's nothing to be upset about, and interpret that as meaning that "anyone not venerating the worst elements of the gay/lesbian/trans 'population' is a big bad nazi who must go back to /pol/"?
>>
>>54109831
>people syaing that it's okay to have some gay characters, that's nothing to be upset about
I'm not even saying that much. Im questioning why people are up in arms over what amounts to a grand total of one half sentence in one NPC write up. I fully acknowledge that WW/OPP has a bit of a history with doing these things in terrible ways, I'm just saying that the core didn't seem to have anything bad in it so why all the talk about this?
>>
>>54109861
>I fully acknowledge that WW/OPP has a bit of a history with doing these things in terrible ways

Not the guy you're talking to, but I don't really know or care about the specific NPC writeup in question; I just want the MtF sorcerer and the non-binary satrap to not have a shitty writeup and am not a hundred percent convinced that they won't because of the previously mentioned history.
>>
>>54109886
I'd say there's actually a half decent chance, given that the only history most of the current ex3 devs have is with prince diamond who didn't get preachy or in your face in any of his write ups that I know of. They seem to be handling things alright, though I really don't like a lot of talk about the way the realm is behind the scenes from the what we know wiki or nishkira
>>
>>54109757

First of all you said there is nothing wrong with it because it is good writing. And there is no reason for be irritated by it. Then I gave you an opposite view ( where you would find some writing irritating) and if it is good writing there is no need to be offended. You are asking why are people angry. Look it from their point of view. They are explaining the reasons.

It is diversity for diversity sake. Diversity is a broad spectrum. That doesn't change they are in fact the minority. This gives them over-presentation in media. Also their concept is based around this. These characters are made from standpoint "we need some diversity character". You never get a interesting character that you later find out is actually gay, lesbian or whatever. And that part is a smallest part of his description. You get a character that goes "Hi. I'm a non-binary attack helicopter and I'm awesome". I'm aggregating a bit but they expect you to respect them for something that isn't worth the respect. They are like a vegetarian at a BBQ party and he has the need to tell everyone he is a vegetarian, and you eating meat is bad and you would be happier if you didn't do it. And God help you if you don't agree with him.
>>
>>54109994
>These characters are made from standpoint "we need some diversity character". You never get a interesting character that you later find out is actually gay, lesbian or whatever. And that part is a smallest part of his description. You get a character that goes "Hi. I'm a non-binary attack helicopter and I'm awesome"
I ahve asked you before, but what are some Exalted-related examples of this? Are ou ever going to actually explain what the fuck you're talking about instead of just making vague statements with nothing to back them up?
>>
>>54109861
>I'm not even saying that much. Im questioning why people are up in arms over what amounts to a grand total of one half sentence in one NPC write up.

>>54108587 This. Oh look. Another non heterosexual person. What are the odds of that?
>>
>>54110042
>What are the odds of that?
Very likely, because it is the norm and will remain this way because humans as a species obviously would not fucking work if everyone was gay. Most people aren't gay and you're being childish if this very fact angers you.
>>
>>54109994
Is English your first language? I'm really having trouble understanding how you're getting stuff like this from any of whats being said
>Then I gave you an opposite view ( where you would find some writing irritating) and if it is good writing there is no need to be offended.
Why would I get irritated by writing that is good? What sense does this make?
>This gives them over-presentation in media.
No it doesn't, we've been over this before the HUGE majority of people, both in general media and in exalted in specific, are still straight. You're trying to make a problem where none exists.
>You never get a interesting character that you later find out is actually gay, lesbian or whatever.
I'm done repeating myself about this being about well done representation instead of the preachy boring tripe we both agree is bad but you seem to keep forgetting
>I'm aggregating a bit but they expect you to respect them for something that isn't worth the respect.
Alright I'm trying to tone down the dismissive but I'm still REALLY getting /pol/ vibes for this. Why are gay people less respect worthy then literally anyone else? What is the issue with them?
>You never get a interesting character that you later find out is actually gay, lesbian or whatever. And that part is a smallest part of his description.
Thats....thats literally what this NPC is. They have a whole write up about the stuff they do and then one half sentence mentioning they're not straight. Am I getting baited right now?
>>54110042
That doesn't answer jack shit. I mean for one, you're wrong, hetro characters are still the majority in media, and for two why would you care even if there were alot of them?
>>
>>54110116
>Why are gay people less respect worthy then literally anyone else?
Because they don't like tits. Anybody who doesn't like tits should be shot.
>>
File: 1482372206296.png (477KB, 386x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482372206296.png
477KB, 386x720px
>>54110138
>He's a disgusting cow tits fan
Leave
>>
>>54110138
Quick, someone post the pastebin of that boobs based martial arts from 2e.
>>
>>54110186
Pardon, the what now?
>>
>>54110040

>transsexual Exalted
>Exalts by saying "Fuck you Sun".
>becomes zenith caste (priest-kings caste) still doesn't give a shit about Sun

>Incoming multiple body sizes dragonblooded portrayed in positive light because body shaming won't happen.

>dragonBlooded navy officer that doesn't want to get married - to either man or a woman (since when Realm had same-sex marriages? There is same sex relationships but marriages are for political alliance and breeding more dragonblooded)
Thinks she isn't better than any of her crew. Because everyone is equal. Even if you a walking demi-god.
>>
File: 1495248816384.jpg (37KB, 263x307px) Image search: [Google]
1495248816384.jpg
37KB, 263x307px
>>54110224
>>Exalts by saying "Fuck you Sun".
Just like how panther exalted by sitting on his ass and staring at the sunset right? Shitty exaltation methods are hardly new dude, they don't have anything to do with the diversity thing
>>
>>54110138
Lesbians both like and have tits, though.
>>
>>54109783

Actually it isn't even 5% in USA.
>>
>>54110253
But they're lesbians, not gays.
>>
>>54110244

While his exaltation is bad it isn't as bad as you make it. He had no purpose in life. He felt emptiness inside him. His exaltation gave him that.
>>
>>54110362
Yeah and perfect souls is also deeper. It's about her seeing the injustice in the world and lashing out, searching for any sort of answer and growing angry with herself over her own inability to do anything. Doesn't stop fandom people from devolving them into memes
>>
>>54110224
>>Exalts by saying "Fuck you Sun".
>>becomes zenith caste (priest-kings caste) still doesn't give a shit about Sun
Zeniths aren't chosen for being faithful worshipers of the Sun. There wouldn't be any Zeniths at all if that was a requirement. The Unconquered Sun also doesn't have any means whatsoever to force new Zeniths to start giving a fuck about him, and that isn't their primary purpose anyways. This also has nothing whatsoever to do with I asked, so I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up.

>>54110224
>Incoming multiple body sizes dragonblooded portrayed in positive light because body shaming won't happen.
Out-of-setting tone of the writeups of possible incoming overweight NPCs probably won't be "fat-shaming", sure. This has no implications for how the Realm sees such characters, though.

>>54110224
>>dragonBlooded navy officer that doesn't want to get married - to either man or a woman (since when Realm had same-sex marriages? There is same sex relationships but marriages are for political alliance and breeding more dragonblooded)
The same-sex marriages are dumb, which I willingly admit, and in fatc posted about earlier in the thread. That one sentence is the only problem with that NPC, though. Dragon-Blooded who haven't found the time to marry yet are nothing new. The Roseblack is an example of such.

>Thinks she isn't better than any of her crew. Because everyone is equal. Even if you a walking demi-god.
The writeup says that she "does not believe she is superior
to any members of her own fleet or her peers within the Imperial Navy." It's obviously talking about fellow officers, not the common crew. That said, Dragon-Blooded officers who feel like respect has to be atwo-way street, even respect between mortals and Exalted, are also nothing new in Exalted. This is, of course, another thing that doesn't actually have anything to do with what I was asking.
>>
>>54110375

It does. All of those are "look how open-minded and/or progressive we are".
>>
>>54110427
The funny thing is, Exalted is arguably the worst setting to be progressive if you think about it really. Oh sure, one could say the setting is LGBTQ-friendly and has racial diversity...

...except it is a world entirely shaped by individuals of immense, world-shaking powers who are, simply put, utterly better than you. Because some God said so and/or because out of bloodline. It is utterly antithetical to any form of equality on the basis mortals are simply less than Exalted.
>>
>>54110452
Except that those outlier people are perhaps even more likely to receive Exaltation than most, simply because they must be by necessity extraordinary people to thrive.
>>
>>54110375

Also that Navy officer is plain weird because of how Realm works. Love, affection and alike is seen as a weakness. Siblings are taught to compete and sabotage each other. Houses are competing against each other. It isn't a happy family. You are looking at a mega-corp where everyone wants to be top dog. That is their mentality. There is no room for weakness. Seeing your fellow officers as equals is a mistake they will use against you. There are a few DragonBlooded who are disgusted with how Realm works. And guess what; they went to isolation far away from social interaction. Now it would be better if she was from Lookshy or some other location. But Realm? Hell no.
>>
>>54110485
I don't think I'd say that. They need to be exceptional not unusual, and nothing about being gay makes you really any superior to anyone else.
>>
>>54110427
Like hell they are. A career officer who hasn't married yet - who is similar to characters already seen in 1E in this respect - and Perfect Soul really can't be seen as attempts at being particularly progressive.
>>
>>54110499
Thank you, someone gets it. Yes, some gay people in Creation may be exceptional but they are not exceptional because they like having their butts full of dick. They are exceptional because they are master swordsmen/martial artist/savant/sorcerer/you-name-it. Or, in other words: Alexander the Great is Solar material not because he like dicks but because he's motherfuckin' Alexander the Great!
>>
>>54110495
That isn't really how the Realm has been portrayed in the previous editions. It's a harsh, competitive society, but the Dragon-Blooded are still human, and they are allowed normal human emotions and relationships. Like, affection between spouses isn't required, but it is still considered desirable. Respect for your elders, loyalty to your House, friendship between members of the same Sworn Brotherhood, these things are all valued highly in the Realm. If you read the NPC writeups in 1E's Aspect Boks, the bets and most detailed sources on the menatilities of individuals in the Dynasty, you'll see that they are people with friends and loved ones.
>>
>>54110529
That is something everybody gets, anon. I mean, literally no one in this thread, or on the official forum, or in any dev commentary we have, has said anything contrary to that. It's obvious and not a source of any disagreement.
>>
>>54110566

I did. I also remember details about children subjects of removing everything childish by the time they are 10 I think. Also young teenage and young adult having a job of entertaining their uncles and aunts in baths and during the night.

I'm not saying there is no respect, understanding or even love in some cases. But they are rare and most of these creatures don't function on same emotional level as we do.
>>
>>54110646

almost forgot most important bit. They are taught from the start to behave as Exalts. And those who don't Exalt are shunned. They are treated as if they disappointed they family. Even if they are capable they are treated as second class because they didn't Exalt. Many go insane, commit suicide because they were trained and were taught entire life they were Princes of the Earth and that moment never arrived.
>>
>>54110646
>I'm not saying there is no respect, understanding or even love in some cases. But they are rare
Pretty much all the canon Dragon-Blooded NPCs have such emotions and relationships. They are never portrayed as rare, unusual or unacceptable. The Roseblack has friends, Tepet Arada appreciates and respects the soldiers serving under and with him, Ragara Moias still feels the pain of the deaths of the members of her yourh's Sworn Brotherhood, Ledaal Kes and Ragara Szaya are the best of friends, and so on and so on. NPCs like, say, Mnemon, who don't really show this kind of "weakness", are the rare outliers.
>>
>>54110452
but the wannabe sjw gets to play the solar, so the power imbalance favors them and that makes it ok
>>
>>54110768
Probably but this is why I always say "Play White Wolf games with people who aren't fans".
>>
>>54072936
It's not nearly so far off, since they want it out as soon as possible after Exigents. Also, we've heard plenty about how chimerism from prior editions won't be a thing anymore, and no one needs to worry about mutations, Wyld Taint, etc.

>>54084838
Dynastic Dragon-Blooded. Then again, the only regular access Lookshy Dragon-Blooded had was if they were sohei, so it doesn't shake out so favorably among the Seventh, either, and they actually did have gay marriage in 2e.

>>54085035
Ha that sidebar. That exceedingly stupid, poorly-written, garbage fire of a sidebar...

>>54092788
Because sorcerers are weird. Also, it's to contrast the Lookshy attitude, where sorcery is a tool to be mastered, even if people do get weird.
>>
>>54107159
>when it comes to USA left is about all freedoms.

"freedoms"

you forgot the sarcastic hand bunnies
>>
>>54107296
a sumo water or earth blood specialized in grappling wouldn't be retarded
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.