[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 45

File: highimpactexaltedviolence.png (234KB, 476x493px) Image search: [Google]
highimpactexaltedviolence.png
234KB, 476x493px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where bears are pansies.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf

Previous Thread
>>53776899
>>
Peleps Deled did nothing wrong :^)
>>
What will be of Team Hamsterwheel now that they're out of a job? Have they moved to greener pastures yet?
>>
How do you ease the newbie of the group to the setting?
>>
>>53895341
depends on their fantasy background
i.e. if they're used to Lord of the Rings they don't need a primer on epic fantasy but an explanation that Creation for the most part has "races" in the sense that it has humans in different shapes and sizes might be necessary.
>>
>>53895341
Run an impossible mission and kill all their characters. Then tell them this shit is real and have them make real characters.
>>
>>53894046
Holden is still working at the gas station.
>>
Anybody here got any good art that could be used for infernals?
>>
>>53899210
>>
File: Infernal, Slayer.jpg (392KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
Infernal, Slayer.jpg
392KB, 1280x1810px
>>53900308

Slow thread. Have we run out of things to talk about?
>>
Still getting art for Arms. So we are for sure in July territory now.

At least we may get a Dragonblooded Charm preview this week.
>>
How do you have sex with a Primordial?
>>
>>53901480
Anyplace you can find a hole anon. Anyplace you can find a hole.
>>
>>53895341
Point them at the setting part of the core and shout "Read".

>>53901480
With that thing I can't remember the name of, but is called something like 'the many-stalked flower of delight'.
>>
>>53901480
Carefully, and with the utmost fawning respect.
>>
File: CcKMb5hUkAAX3um.jpg (561KB, 1200x956px) Image search: [Google]
CcKMb5hUkAAX3um.jpg
561KB, 1200x956px
>>53900382
What is the optimal spatial configuration for a DB breeding farm? How can you safely manage a DB breeding farm? How would you categorize the breeding stock? How would you keep them contained? What about low breeding/high breeding disparity?
>>
>>53901480
Are you watching American Gods?

Because Quilbis might have some advice for you.
>>
File: Wood Aspect Social.jpg (100KB, 655x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wood Aspect Social.jpg
100KB, 655x900px
>>53903444

>What is the optimal spatial configuration for a DB breeding farm?

I think I've heard this joke, is it a perfectly spherical vacuum?

How can you safely manage a DB breeding farm?

Socialize Charms.

How would you categorize the breeding stock?

Likely by their aspect.

How would you keep them contained?

Didn't 2e have a set of manacles that drained motes constantly? Otherwise, build your farm in a shadow-land or any other place where they can't respire motes.

What about low breeding/high breeding disparity?

Sell off the low ones, keep the high for selective breeding.
>>
File: waka.jpg (901KB, 800x934px) Image search: [Google]
waka.jpg
901KB, 800x934px
What are some examples of characters in other media that can serve as inspiration for sidereals?
>>
>>53904273

On a related subject, what exactly are the consequences of incest in Exalted?

Like, one assumes for mortals it's the same as in real life, but is it different for magical beings? Like, for DBs, maybe the results of inbreeding show higher degrees of elemental madness? Maybe even elemental-related mutations? And what about gods, if a god keeps having children with his own god-blooded offspring, will the children become more powerful with each generation? What negative consequences are there to that?

It's not like gods have chromosomes, and the kinds of mythology Exalted is based on are full of divine sibling/child/father/motherfuckers. Did the primordials decide that shit wasn't ok and built punishment for it into reality?

Anyway, as for DB breeding farms, I think they'd have limited effectiveness. DBs need a heroic soul and a demonstration of its qualities to catalyze their Exaltation as much as others do, the soul squad in yu-shan bump a good supply of heroic souls towards the Realm (probably with sid encouragement) and the Realm's culture takes a lot of trouble to put its potential DBs through hell so that they get the opportunities for the activation of their blood that they need. If you keep your kids in cages they won't get the moments of high-passion drama that make their Exaltation go off, even if you've cut a deal with heaven to get the good souls you need.
>>
File: Skullbro.jpg (335KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Skullbro.jpg
335KB, 720x1000px
>>53906723
Don't ask about the skull motif.
>>
>>53906877
>Did the primordials decide that shit wasn't ok and built punishment for it into reality?
It's not a very good punishment, is it? Don't the effects of inbreeding start to only show gradually over the course of generations?
>>
>>53907132
And chances for birth defects only really increase with repeated relations happen with direct offspring. Going for 1st and 2nd cousins has a nearly negligible risk of increased birth defects. However, there is still the issue of a shallow gene pool and lack of diversity.
>>
>>53906723
The devils of the New Hell in TWGOK desu
>>
>>53906877

I'm sure that DBs will be more resistant to it. Correct me if I' wrong, but in 2e, Autochthon made10,000 DBs only 100 of which were male, and told them to make more DBs. All 11 great houses are all descended from Her Redness as well.
>>
>>53909322
Th founders of the Houses are her descendants, though in 1E so of them where her 'descendants' by virtue of adoption. All of the members of the Houses aren't descended from her, though. I mean, it is pretty clear that Houses don't actually start with one Dragon-Blooded who then gives birth to the rest of the House. V'Neef, for isntance, wouldn't be even as large as it is if that was the case. Also, the custom of adopting Lost Eggs who Exalt young enough into the Houses goes to show that blood ties to the founder aren't necessary for membership in a House.
>>
>>53909452
And I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same in 3e.
>>
>>53906877

There isn't much of a con to Dragonblooded incest in the setting.
>>
>>53906723
Those guys from Leverage.
>>
>>53906723
The Agents from the Matrix.
>>
File: Artorias.jpg (128KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Artorias.jpg
128KB, 600x849px
>>53899210
>>
File: ANudeMAist.jpg (796KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ANudeMAist.jpg
796KB, 1000x1500px
>>53907051
>Don't ask about the skull motif.

Chosen of Endings, obviously.
>>
>>53916045

>OrichalcumHeavyPlateArmor.jpg
>>
File: FemaleSuperHeavyPlate7.jpg (306KB, 1280x1253px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperHeavyPlate7.jpg
306KB, 1280x1253px
>>53917639

Superheavy plate is my favorite kind.
>>
>>53918180
Is the joke here that heavy armor protects you more by covering you less?
>>
>>53919252
Only on women.
>>
File: SonGokuFemale.jpg (451KB, 788x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SonGokuFemale.jpg
451KB, 788x1200px
>>53919252

The joke is that females in fantasy are often depicted as wearing basically nothing and calling it armor. This combines excellently with Exalted's "armor looks like damn near anything, and helmets are optional at best", ie: fashion armor, more or less.
>>
So, be honest with me, is 3rd good? I never got into second due to a combination of bad press and the fact the system looked too clunky to warrant the effort.
>>
File: Zenith caste.jpg (358KB, 626x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Zenith caste.jpg
358KB, 626x1100px
>>53919815

Especially consider Resistance gives you viable means of going unarmored.
>>
File: AJinougaGirl.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
AJinougaGirl.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>53919815
>>
>>53919848
Pretty much good. The biggest issues with Exalted 2E was stuff like Paranoia Combat, Mote Attrition, way too easy to kill people on accident, and a terrible social system. All of those issues have been addressed pretty well by 3E.

It's not perfect, there's still stuff like wonky chargen and a bad crafting system, but otherwise I'm really happy.
>>
File: AsianWithSword.jpg (218KB, 690x1015px) Image search: [Google]
AsianWithSword.jpg
218KB, 690x1015px
>>53919848

Mechanics on the whole got worlds better. Exceptions: Craft, Martial Arts, BP character gen still being a thing on purpose because the dev's were functionally retarded, and arguably Sorcery, if you want to stick to the purest Exalted representation of Sorcery as "Not something to be done in combat" like was originally intended.

Fluff got better in some areas (bigger world, less in your face threats, more places), worse in others (West is STILL basically water and fucking nothing else, addition of entirely shit new Exalt types that rob design spaces from existing types and will of course eat up dev time whenever they decide to shit their books out).

>>53919852

Yeah, thats always nice.
>>
>>53919917
What new Exalt types are there?
>>
>>53919917
While I'm mostly on the same page, I'm going to disagree with you about Martial Arts (Single Blade effectively gives you two attacks per turn, you progress twice as fast because you can pump Solar xp into it), and Sorcery (arguably the best new system in the game)

Also Exigents are an extremely good idea and should have been made sooner.
>>
>>53919976

Exigents, aka "Exalted of being a special fucking snowflake". They're going to be the make-your-own Exalted that are obviously going to end up as Solars+++ because they'll be full of shitters trying to design the most mind numbling dumb OC Donut Steeles you've ever seen.

Liminals, aka "What if Promethean was Exalted?", while forgetting that Promethean was kind of a shit game. Steals design space directly from Abyssals by including another "Undead Exalted" type when Abyssals already had pretty piss poor themes and flavor already.

And Getimen, also known as "The Dev's forgot Sidereals already had Fae, Abyssals, Infernals, and Lunars as a counter", and are designed to be, uh...Sidereals counter. Because they totally needed another. For shits and giggles they were also made BY a Sidereal, to further hammer home the point that Sidereals are the most incompetent motherfuckers to ever exist.
>>
>>53919976
The Liminals, who are basically Terrestrial level Abyssals who can steal organs from other beings and gain new abilities based on that. For example, they can take a skilled liar's silver tongue and get a whole bunch of talking magic as a result. Ressurection is still impossible in Exalted, but people try anyways and the end result is a Liminal.

Getimians we don't know much about beyond that they're opposed to the Sidereals, their Chosen have a bone to pick with the Loom of Fate and Heaven in general, and they get two essence pools, Yin and Yang.

Then there are the Exigents. When a god is desperate enough, they can petition Unconquered Sun for a blank shard, which they fill with their own essence. This is not done lightly, the god either outright dies or is permanently diminished depending on how strong they are, but the end result is an Exalt with the themes of that god and a fuckload more power. They can range from barely above Terrestrials to just below Solars in power, depending on the god and how much mojo goes into their creation.
>>
>>53919917

It's possible to go back and forth on Martial Arts though. Somepeople will go on about the Merit and XP tax, while others will reply with Solar XP and the sheer effectiveness of the MA charms.

Craft and BP chargen are shit. The fact that the former has been solved arguably makes it worse.
>>
>>53920113
>For shits and giggles they were also made BY a Sidereal, to further hammer home the point that Sidereals are the most incompetent motherfuckers to ever exist.

They were not MADE by a Sidereal; stop spreading this untrue meme. He just *found out they existed* and decided to recruit them for his rabid hateorgy against Yu-Shan. Which is itself kind of a boring idea, but at least tell an honest tale.
>>
>>53920113
>Exigents, aka "Exalted of being a special fucking snowflake". They're going to be the make-your-own Exalted that are obviously going to end up as Solars+++ because they'll be full of shitters trying to design the most mind numbling dumb OC Donut Steeles you've ever seen.
It's pretty much a given that there won't be the option to make your Exigent Solar++.
>>
>>53920113
>Steals design space directly from Abyssals
And from Alchemicals, who are already the Promethean Exalted.
>>
>>53920446

Given they're also the splat of "How to make your own Charms", chances are thats gonna happen. We'll probably all have some laughs about it here on /tg/, but the sad reality is this shit is going to happen, be used, and be encouraged.
>>
>>53920514
Not encouraged anon.

Not unless you let it be!
>>
>>53920121
So Exigents are generic exalts? That's a neat idea that absolutely should have been in the setting earlier. I remember hearing the elevator pitch of this game "you play as Gods in a non-Tolkien world" and thinking it neat, only to be slightly disappointed that you only get to play a very narrow variety of gods.
>>
>>53920861
Exalts aren't really gods (though they can be worshipped as if they were); they're more like demigods and similar tier culture heroes. Think Hercules, Gilgamesh, Enkidu, Achilles, Rama, Arjuna, Hou Yi, Sun Wukong, Vartan, Beowulf, et al.
>>
>>53920941
Regardless, they were still stuck to really limited concepts.
>>
How many versions of the exalted of five days darkness do you think we're going to get
>>
>>53921519

As many as we get for the possibly missing Maiden, but not nearly as many as "It's Solar tier power but it uses BENDING JUST LIKE AVATAR".
>>
>>53921198
>really limited concepts
>guy who's good at a thing
story checks out
>>
File: Less and more.jpg (791KB, 800x1154px) Image search: [Google]
Less and more.jpg
791KB, 800x1154px
>>53918180
>dat filename

So what the the other 6 examples of superheavy plate?
>>
>>53921678
Guy who's good at thing and stuck with a very specific place in the world.

This is less limited.
>>
File: FemaleSuperHeavyPlate.jpg (79KB, 650x1032px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperHeavyPlate.jpg
79KB, 650x1032px
>>53921878
>>
File: FemaleSuperHeavyPlate2.jpg (133KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperHeavyPlate2.jpg
133KB, 850x850px
>>53921973
>>
File: FemaleSuperHeavyPlate3.jpg (168KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperHeavyPlate3.jpg
168KB, 600x450px
>>53921983
>>
File: FemaleSuperHeavyPlate4.jpg (2MB, 2480x2896px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperHeavyPlate4.jpg
2MB, 2480x2896px
>>53921997
>>
File: FemaleSuperHeavyPlate5.jpg (325KB, 719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperHeavyPlate5.jpg
325KB, 719x1000px
>>53922012
>>
File: FemaleSuperheavyPlate6.jpg (74KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSuperheavyPlate6.jpg
74KB, 600x900px
>>53922024
>>
File: Pino.jpg (391KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Pino.jpg
391KB, 500x750px
And since I'm apparently dumping some art, have my favorite pirate pic and DB grandma of one of my players.
>>
File: WarriorWoman2.png (5MB, 1414x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WarriorWoman2.png
5MB, 1414x2000px
>>53922072
>>
File: NobleLady4.jpg (127KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
NobleLady4.jpg
127KB, 730x1095px
>>53922086
>>
File: DaiklaiveHolder3.jpg (352KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DaiklaiveHolder3.jpg
352KB, 1920x1200px
>>53922151
>>
File: Solar12.jpg (280KB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
Solar12.jpg
280KB, 1280x830px
>>53922184
>>
File: ColorfulSamurai.png (1MB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
ColorfulSamurai.png
1MB, 850x1203px
>>53922196
>>
File: Exalted.png (1MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted.png
1MB, 853x1024px
>>53922225
>>
>>53919917

>MA being functionally retarded

You bring this up every thread don't you?
>>
>>53922593
Yes. He is the same faggot who hates on Exigents.
>>
>>53920113
There is only two types of Exalted who need to exist, anyway - DBs and Solars. All the rest are garbage and there to just limit those two.
>>
>>53922593
>>53922642
These people are artistically just incensed that a new dev team would dare fucking try anything they didn't personally approve.
>>53920113
If they put limited rules on Exigents then at least speshul snowfleks will have a guideline to not being pants on head retarded. (Like I'll take middleground ones, instead of the worthless/broken charmsets) Let's be honest, someone was gonna bring back something like Devil Tigers eventually. Some rules on making them will help.
>>
Yo hold up, I've been gone for like a year and they STILL haven't released a splat?
>>
>>53922999
>These people are artistically just incensed that a new dev team would dare fucking try anything they didn't personally approve.

Personally, I see it as needless line clutter. The game already has to flop out a core book, and then what is essentially a "core book" for every other Exalt type. This takes a LONG time to do. It consumes a lot of resources and dev time to shart out an entire Exalt type. You get people waiting for ages just to play whatever they like, if it isn't Solars. All of this is in addition to whatever other sourcebooks they need to put out, and on top of that, Exalt type books ALSO serve as what is basically the antagonist guide books-Most of your foes are gonna be things of a different Exalt type in my experience, usually DB's.

Now they want to add 3 more Exalt types to a game already flooded with them, and is struggling to make the existing ones unique and different enough already in some cases, on top of a completely fucked release schedule thanks to the dev's themselves.
>>
>>53923051
Okay but, honestly, they're hardly the only gameline to try something like this. I can see complaining specifically that you'd have liked "x" before they came out. But people are running that idea and shooting past it to "These are all shit ideas". And realistically, for new content to have a chance at thriving it needs to come out somewhere in the middle.

Like, people have thrown hissy fits at editions of DnD and Pathfinder for putting different classes in core. And in some cases their new shit has been good or often even better than recycled stuff.

I get it, Lunar fans are mad, but that's not new. They were mad in 1e as shitty barbarians who had their powers held hostage. They were mad in 2e as their splat was silver solars with smaller numbers and less design focus (now with bonus shit we copypastad from 1e because we're fucking lazy and WAY WORSE THAN THE FUTURE 3e DEVS at getting a book out) and they'll be mad about 3e until they get their book. Then they'll read the book and it won't have enough rules for fucking.a donkey to make a Donkeytaur.
>>
>>53923147
>They were mad in 1e as shitty barbarians who had their powers held hostage. They were mad in 2e as their splat was silver solars with smaller numbers and less design focus

1E Lunars was terrible, but 2E wasn't too bad. The biggest problem was their Charms were just flat.
>>
>>53923167
They were pretty much agreed to be the least inspired charms in the edition by anyone I ever talked to.

Like even the mechanical bits they were good at were more oversight and weird interactions than really strong mechanics.

Can I reiterate on the unedited 1e callover? I mean that happened to Sids and DBs too, but at least those two had deep thematic charms that were fun to imagine and use.

Lunars in 2e just had shapeshifting. And that's dope, but it probably shouldn't be the only leg for an entire Exalt type to stand on. (Weirdly, I'd make an exception for an Exigent, as I definitely see them as very narrow power sets).

And hell even if I give you that they weren't that bad, Lunar fans were still mad. Clamoring for a rework before 3e became the design focus. They've not lost anything by letting Lunar fans stay mad until they can come up with a good enough book to MAYBE get half of them on their side.
>>
>>53923227
yeah that's always going to be the problem with lunarfags

there's a massive amount of variation in what each individual fan of lunars wants the splat to be and what they think is good design. no matter what is done with them, officially or unofficially, there will be some folks who are pleased as hell and a lot of folks who will bitch venomously.
>>
Question about Exalted.

How many Essence 5, warrior-oriented , competent Dragon-Blooded is needed to take down Essence 5, warrior-oriented, competent Dawn Solar?

1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50? Also by competent I'm not thinking about min-maxer (that uses every loophole in system).
>>
>>53923549
>there will be some folks who are pleased as hell and a lot of folks who will bitch venomously
That's the story of fandom since time immemorial. What makes Lunar fans so unique in that regard according to you?
>>
>>53925293

Hate to say it, but it depends. A Dawn specced for Brawl will be great at fighting single targets, and will likely only need 5 or so, but one based in parrying and counter attacks would fare better against more.

We also don't really know just how powerful an E5 DB is.
>>
If I wanted to be a sword trainer type in the Anthony Hopkins' Mask of Zorro sense, what training skills should I look at with an eye toward future charm purchases?
>>
File: Aerial Battle.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Aerial Battle.webm
3MB, 800x450px
How is the Swallows of the South podcast? Most Actual Plays are garbage for the first few episodes, I want to know if you think it's worth sticking it out.
>>
File: 1251733623578.jpg (513KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1251733623578.jpg
513KB, 800x1000px
>>53919252
I take it more to mean that a slutty choker and some leather straps can count as full plate in this setting because the choker can be an artifact that extends a super strong force-field around its wearer. Or the bejeweled oricalcum pasties can be etched with 10 Billion microscopic mantras to the gods of protection, consequence, and causality so that any sword, bolt, or fireball that hits the wearer causes localized reality to be rewritten so that the blow always hit the few metal bits all along. Or that the silk fishnet stockings and gold-chain mesh tubetop are just that and the person wearing them is a Resistance Supernal Solar with the charms to make their bare skin more invulnerable to damage than any mundane, magical, or artifact armor could ever be.

Its a game about God-Kings and the wonders they wrought. Go fucking wild
>>
>>53920113
TRIGGERED!
>>
New charm preview

http://theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/
>>
>>53927726
They don't seem to get the message that no matter how many gimmicks you slap on them Dragon-Blooded will always be mediocre.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Luna just this weird fucking thing that wandered in from the Wyld in first edition? Like nobody even new if he/she/it had more in common with a god or fey, but Luna could go toe to toe with Sol and the Primordials decided to offer Luna a job? Because that would help explain why nobody can decide what Lunars should be. They're the Chosen of Luna, but Luna is undefined.
>>
>>53927930
what the fuck is wrong with your brain you stupid motherfucker
>>
>>53927930
But that's the point. They're the weakest but most numerous Exalts.
>>
>>53927930

Well you got to give the players something when they start popping out DB kids from their rape farms.
>>
>>53927972
>Rape
Dude it's an honor to receive dragon bones. Everyone is happy to be there.
>>
>>53927726
Let's see...

>Distraction of the Babbling Brook
Useful, but I don't see why it should be Signature-keyed.

>Sleeping Dragon's Lair
Same as above.

>Tempest-Ruling Commander
OK, this one is legit good.

>Terrifying Forest-Devil Mask
Discount Resplendent destinies? Pass.

>Wildfire-Taming Technique
Potentially powerful, but painfully situational.

Overall a weak update. Meh.
>>
>>53927972
t. SomethingAwful
>>
>>53919862
>Jinouga
That's clearly actually the blind virus one. I can't remember the name, but Jinouga are the lightning brute wyverns.
I rip monsters from Mohan for behemoths when I run low on ideas.
>>
>>53925319
The number of splinter factions. Seriously. Try and ask a group of fanatic Lunar fans what the core of them is. You'll get a solid 5-6 incompatible answers.

They've been basically mad about the position of Lunars since 1e lol
>>
>>53927933
Welcome to one of sixteen holy cows the Lunar fanbase offers the devs. We can put it over here with Animal Themes, Super Attributes, Solar Bromance, and for the TAW fans Mercer style body horror sludge monster powers.

Like you're not wrong, but the funny thing is that is ANOTHER thing that if they devs don't design towards a faction of Lunar fans will go rabid.
>>
>>53927933
Luna's pretty consistent, actually. It was just a little hard rationalizing her Chosen as being faithful to her themes and being some of the God-Kings of a prosperous, well-ordered age.
>>
File: abyssal 3.jpg (191KB, 850x1230px) Image search: [Google]
abyssal 3.jpg
191KB, 850x1230px
Where would you say the idea power level for an evocation should be, assuming relatively comparable charms exist? Just below a solar charm of the same level? The same power as a solar charm? At the level of an individual martial arts charm? Somewhere else?
>>
>>53927972
>rape farms

Rude. I prefer to call it a welcoming home for the natural urges of an inferior exalted. Not like they have anything better to do then some directed forceful breeding.
>>
>>53925293

How I want it to be, and how it should be fluff-wise: Dynasty Warriors scenario. Total massacre, hundreds to thousands dead.

How it will likely be: 2 or 3 because "muh power curve" and the actual reality that the action economy in this edition is so severely limited and the way the system is set up, that it takes very little to drag someone down.
>>
File: SSJ Rajang.jpg (182KB, 510x727px) Image search: [Google]
SSJ Rajang.jpg
182KB, 510x727px
>>53928464

Yeah, I fucked up naming on that one. I should fix it.

I rip monsters from MH stuff for Lunar ideas, fae beasts, and just general Creation weird monsters. The setting would certainly benefit for having more fantastical beasts that aren't always Wyld shit.
>>
File: SwordWoman.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SwordWoman.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>53929125

That is a good question. I don't think they should be Solar tier, thats for sure. Probably somewhere between DB and Celestial would be best. Then again I honestly don't like Evocations much-I'd rather weapons just have abilities that don't require a fucking Charm tree, and more shit to keep track of.
>>
>>53925293
>Essence 5, warrior-oriented , competent Dragon-Blooded

Going by what the dev team has said Essence 5 is stupidly rare even for the exalted. Limited to only like the very top percentage of elder dragon blooded. So I would think five should be enough if they got a jump on him.
>>
>>53929125

I say it tends to vary depending on the level of the artifact and how deep you are in the tree. If it's the capstone of a 5th level artifact then easily solar sorcery tier. If it's like the first charm of a 3rd level artifact then likely between terrestrial and celestial tier depending.
>>
>>53929299
So would each weapon have a single ability that's free? Or how would the abilities be bundled if not trees just list em? Because I can get behind that
>>
>>53926795
Looks like Sperg Rage to me
>>
>>53906723
The goddesses in Oh! My Goddess.
>>
>>53929300
Won't know until the DB charmset is out, but E5 combat focused Solars are terrifyingly powerful.
>>
>>53920173
post craft solution?
>>
>>53925293
Depends on the Dragon-Blooded, and depends on the Solar. I mean, that's a copout, but it does. Mostly it comes down to how scalable the Dawn's defenses are (does he have essence gathering temper and iron kettle body? does he have victorious wreath and fivefold bulwark?) and whether he has ways to multiply his action economy (aoe attacks like heaven sword flash, burning sky apocalypse strike, or any of the massive area archery attacks). If he does, I bet the number of DBs of equal essence he can take on is sickeningly high. More than 5, more than even 10 in the right conditions, I'd wager.
>>
>>53930871
I'm mostly thinking that from a fluff perspective essence 5 is supposedly in this edition utterly balls to the wall insane. So it would basically be a fight between one of the top 10 solars in modern day creation vs the most legendary and powerful elder dragon blooded alive like Mnemon or one of other family heads.
>>
>>53931741
Lorewise, I'm not sure, but I'd go with however you think the usurpation went down - I think it'd take quite a few DBs kill an elder Solar who went all-in on combat. Like, how many DBs do you think you'd need to beat the Mask of Winters in direct combat?

Mechanically, we only know half the equation.
>>
>>53931343
This is before you start adding artifacts to the mix even, which may get crazy for both sides.
>>
>>53925293
A lot to beat a Melee Dawn armed with Stormcaller and its full suite of evocations.
>>
>>53929590

I'd go with a list of selectable abilities based on the artifact weapon level. Maybe 1 per 1 dot of the weapon (of course with the option to just buy all weapons at a higher dot rating for more abilities), and then tier the list of ability selections based on the final dot rating. ie: Level 5 artifact gets to choose 1 ability each from the level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lists, that sort of thing.

This would have easily accomplished the "All artifacts are unique" thing they wanted, without all of the mindless clutter and busywork of having to shit out a Charm tree for EVERY artifact while STILL having basic, "generic" artifacts in the book that still aren't unique.
>>
>>53931741
>I'm mostly thinking that from a fluff perspective essence 5 is supposedly in this edition utterly balls to the wall insane

I'm still new and I can't gauge how powerful is powerful. can you give an example what essence 5 combat solar looks like? Not names of charms but what he is capable and how that differs from Essence 3 for example
>>
>>53932439
It's a matter of ironclad defense, extreme efficiency when the situation calls for it, the ability to multiply your power more effectively with AOE attacks, multi-attacks and round or scene-length defenses, and having the high mote pools and willpower required to keep the murder engine running.
>>
>>53932439
Thing is the increased mote pool and having the cross-disciplines necessary to not die. An Essence 1 Melee Supernal is a terrifying beast, they can kill just about anything if they set their mind to it but they have a variety of weakness. Some of which can be overcome within Melee but others not so much.

An Essence 5 Solars has Essence 5 Melee Charms, and Resistance Charms and Integrity Charms and Athletics Charms and Awareness Charms. At that level they have covered up much of their weaknesses which means it's much harder to engage them in a specialty that lets you bypass their power. They have many more failsafes that prevent you from cheesing a way to beat them.
>>
>>53931338

The Craft Solution is to put all of your points into creating Artefacts as quickly as possible. This grants you large amounts of Craft XP, which means that you don't need to spend time on basic projects to farm XP, you can start immediately. If you don't have any slots to create artefacts, you can spend Craft XP on new slots instead of buying charms that give you slots. You'll also need that charm change lets you turn one kind of Craft XP ointo another.
>>
>>53927726
>Aura and now this
Well, at least its good to see that they're doing something to spruce up all the charmsets instead of just having them all be pretty much the same.
>>
>>53931338.
Stolen from a basic advice guide someone posted in these threads a while ago:

Charms (8): Sublime Transference, Thousand Forge Hands, Supreme Masterwork Focus x2, Experiential Conjuring of the True Void, First Movement of the Demiurge, Flawless Handiwork Methods x2 (OPTIONAL), Supreme Celestial Focus (OPTIONAL)
Requirements: Craft 5, Essence 2
If this bothers you as much as it bothers me, there's a better crafting system available here:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/797631-why-craft-sucks-how-i-fixed-it

I haven't had the chance to try this out in game, though, so I can't really say anything about its effectiveness.
>>
>>53919917
>>53920173
I like the new craft system. Fight me.
>>
>>53925293
I would say 5 if they all specifically built to counter to solar. If not completely optimal more dragonblooded attacking the solar would make him stronger feeding him willpower from 2 point defensive stunts and imitative from melee defensive charms
>>
>>53928113
I think you're dramatically underestimating the potency of these charms, anon.

>Distraction of the Babbling Brook
This lets you walk into the throne room of a king and get them to literally hand you the right to rule their kingdom for a pile of glass beads, or to convince the queen to become your willing sex slave.

>Sleeping Dragon's Lair
The floor is now ninjas.

>Terrifying Forest-Devil Mask
Not just Resplendent Destinies; they're not just identities that you wear. Put on a devil-mask, and watch as all the mortal soldiers break ranks and flee at a single glance at you. Put on a courtesan-mask, and give everyone around you a Minor Tie of lust that you can exploit to seduce them. And so on, and so forth.

>Wildfire-Taming Technique
This works for fires that the Dragonblooded has themselves lit. The PCs are in the wilderness? The Dragonblood Wyld Hunt starts a forest fire and sets it after the PCs; the only way for them to escape is to flee into a city. A city where the Wyld Hunt is likely to be waiting for them...
>>
>>53934052

or run across the river, or climb a cliff. Fire can't follow if there is nothing it can burn. Now if it can find a way around an obstacle that is different story.
>>
>>53934173
I wouldn't rely on rivers or cliffs to protect you. All it'd take is a couple of embers being blown across for the fire to follow you.
>>
>>53933902

Theres nothing to gain from fighting madmen, better to let them rot in their insanity.
>>
>>53934326
Wow, what YA novel you pull that from?
>>
>>53932038
Yeah. I kind of feel the big thing is more the essence 5 part of the equation. That's meant to be the savants and greatest exalted of that type of the age or the elders. Which at which point I would say 5-10 of the very peak dragon blooded in history could likely beat an elder solar if it was one on one with similar artifacts.

An average dragon blooded would require far more and a full circle of essence five solars would take a stupid amount.
>>
>>53932428
Reminds me too much of +x DnD swords with wounding / freezing / retrieving tags stacked onto it though.

As for the complexity of an additional charm tree, just treat it as a 26th+ ability, it's not like you are supposed to have 5+ of these things on the go.

I guess it's more of a style thing? Exalted has always had the Collectable card game rpg style of powers, whereas DnD has it restricted to spells, and FATE is more abstract.
>>
>>53927930

Does anyone honestly think the DragonBlooded are mediocre? That isn't trying to troll?

I mean sure if you put them in a white room 1v1 combat scenario against the other splats they might be the worse off.

Ideally they work best in groups - PCs or NPCs - you can tell a lot of stories with DBs you can't with any other type of Exalted - respect is taken for granted, every other Exalt is an unknown threat, you will be competing against a large plausible cast of other Exalts at the same level.

Teamwork is absolutely key for survivability, like a DnD party or a bunch of shadowrunners.

Sure they might be bad for mixed play, but that's only one aspect.

Speaking of which, should Onyx Path release material detailing how to create and balanced mixed splat parties in each new splat book?
>>
File: AreYouFuckingKiddingMe.jpg (336KB, 934x892px) Image search: [Google]
AreYouFuckingKiddingMe.jpg
336KB, 934x892px
>>53935836
>Does anyone honestly think the DragonBlooded are mediocre?

I think they're dreadfully boring, taking the worst aspects of the VtM Clan system and spreading it to an entire empire, the most mundane power sets that pop up in damn near everything (other than Wood I guess), and on top of that, attract a lot of the worst aspects of the player base. The worst players I've ever had in my games always end up being the guys who want to play DB's. And I do think they frequently end up a much higher power level than they should be based on the original vision for Exalted, but mediocre? Nah. If anything they end up a bit too strong more often than not, and on top of that, theres always players whining that DB's should be stronger, or (insert non-DB Exalt type) should be weaker.

>Speaking of which, should Onyx Path release material detailing how to create and balanced mixed splat parties in each new splat book?

Definitely not. A big component of GMing mixed parties, and one I'm frankly tired of as a Forever GM, is hearing players bitch about power gaps. I think if anything, they should actively dissuade mixed groups, if only because if the books themselves tell players to fuck off and it's a terrible idea, maybe every game I GM won't come down to incessant whining over "But X can do better than me!".
>>
>>53933902

It's alright, but it's a cookie clicker. It gets rid of the Downtime Wizard problem, which is what it was supposed to do. It's just a shame that you only need ten or twelve charms in total from the fifty or so.

I'm going to be interested in non-Solar craft trees in the future.
>>
>>53936667
Thats kind of what has me with holding judgement as well. Sure solars can buy up craft charms and then pump out artifacts, but they're supposed to be able to. Being really really good at things that take others huge effort is their stick. It'll be more clear how good the system is when we see the DB craft tree.

I mean, that and at least there are actual craft charms now. In all of 2e I think I counted like...three or four charms that actually helped you get better at crafting things. The rest were unrelated stuff like breaking things, or snapping your fingers and repairing them, or making them immune to the wyld.
>>
>>53936604
Just do what I do and preface your game with "I'm sick and tired of hearing people complaining about balance. I know some types of Exalts are better at certain or many things than other Exalts and [that's how the setting is / I don't give a fuck / whatever reason you want]. Every time you bitch about balance you lose an XP."

Let the people who really just want to whine leave your game.
>>
>>53936667
It also allows people to build 4, 5, or N/A artifacts without waiting 250 years or buying the arbitrary 'you must be this good charms'. And also makes failing at making an artifact a thing that is possible to do, to prevent some random DB from getting old enough and building their very own five metal shirk.
>>
>>53937334

I've done similar. Some people bitch no matter what.
>>
>>53936604
>theres always players whining that DB's should be stronger, or (insert non-DB Exalt type) should be weaker.
Just like with the fans of literally every other kind of Exalt.
>>
>>53939971
as long as people don't change who has access to which level of sorcery or make blatantly ridiculous changes to charms, it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>53936604
Strength is relative, last edition the biggest Dragon-Blooded weakness was a lack of a true native perfect defenses which means some effects other Exalts had could kill your PC outright without contest.

I've seen this happen by accident.
>>
>>53940460
>I've seen this happen by accident.

"Woops sorry bro. I forgot to turn off my awesome long enough to get my farm working. Haha Think you could make a new dragon blooded for me?"
>>
Accident in the sense that an inexperienced ST gave an NPC Cascade of Cutting Terror. At the time there really wasn't much they could do about it besides be a Water Immaculate.
>>
>>53940478
"Sorry about your husband, bro. Guess I should have been looking where I was flexing."
>>
>>53940623

That was the fault of 2E being built off the fucking awful optional rules known as Power Combat from the 1E Players Guide. That would happen to any Exalt who didn't have perfects right from char-gen.
>>
>>53940478
What is the cost of a DB stock with regard to breeding?
>>
>>53942164
Depends on how many mote draining shackles you can find and how long you can stay in the imperial capital. Not really sure who wouldn't just capture a worthless inferior exalt like them.
>>
>>53941235
Oh the system sucked.
Still, dying because you lack a perfect defense is more palatable to me than dying because you couldn't actually obtain a perfect defense.

That's the thing, this character wasn't an Immaculate so there was never going to be a point where they could've avoided this fate.
>>
>>53940460
CAN YOU NOT SEE?! THEY WERE MAKING A PROFOUND ARTISTIC STATEMENT! THE DRAGON-BLOODED LACKS A PERFECT BECAUSE DRAGON-BLOODED HAVE SUPERIOR NUMBERS.
>>
>>53944354

In some way I agree with it.

1st it goes with the idea that dragon-blood used numbers. With this you can go with sworn brotherhood, loyalty to death. Classic wuxia elements

2nd it shows how powerful Solars are and to what lengths and sacrifices Dragon-Blooded went to stop them during the usurpation.
>>
>>53906877
>If you keep your kids in cages they won't get the moments of high-passion drama that make their Exaltation go off,

Unless they smash your cage open and run riot through your farm.
>>
>>53906877
>DBs need a heroic soul and a demonstration of its qualities to catalyze their Exaltation as much as others do

Actually they don't. From fluff and from system there is no need for Dragon-Blooded greatness to achieve exaltation (the way Solars exalt for example). It only depends on blood purity and strength. Think of eugenics.

If you had Dragon Blooded parents with Breeding 4 & 5 respectively 9 out of 10 children would exalt. And with the long life expectancy there is nothing to stop them from producing 100 children with strong bloodline.

If the blood of both parents is strong and pure enough, child will probably exalt. What the child does after he exalts is a different story.
>>
>>53927726
I like the dev direction for those DB charms.

Old DB charms were Solar charms but worse.

New DB charms are situational as fuck, which hopefully will force an interesting play. You don't become invisible, you slip into sand. You don't mind-control someone, you make them forget a clause of a contract. You don't vanish your weapon into elsewhere, you store it inside a big stone. You don't force a spirit to materialize, you trap it with bindings. Etc. Situational. I like it very, very much.
>>
>>53946792

Are you kidding they're garbage compared to 1e and even 2e
>>
>>53948247
Why do you say that?
>>
File: w4tarfgu8.png (6KB, 1132x108px) Image search: [Google]
w4tarfgu8.png
6KB, 1132x108px
>>53920113
The new exalts aren't stealing any attention from anyone, calm down
>>
Playing in a small Heaven's Reach game right now. I'm a space pirate, player 2 is my ship, and the GM has a non-combat GMPC because he rolls that way.

Problem is, me and P2 had pretty different ideas about how we want the game to go. I was thinking bloodthirsty Sidereal space pirate shenanigans (secretly privateering for the Celestial Mountain), and they want to become a living god-planet, eventually - converting people to worshippers instead of throwing them into space and taking their stuff.

Any advice?
>>
What am I supposed to expect from Exalted if I never played it before and only played D&D instead before I get into a game of Exalted?

Is it going to be painful?
>>
>>53950015
>What am I supposed to expect from Exalted
Pain and disappointment.

>Is it going to be painful?
Extremely so. For you.
>>
>>53950015
Conveniently, there's this book that describes the setting and rules so that you can find the differences between Exalted and D&D.
>>
>>53950120
Fuck off.
>>
File: this is you right now.gif (2MB, 352x195px) Image search: [Google]
this is you right now.gif
2MB, 352x195px
>>53950510
>>
>>53950015
The system is very different. There are more viable ways of problem solving than direct combat. Sorcery is strong and useful, but not a must have by any means. Right out of character creation your character will be very powerful; this will feel strange to you if D&D is your only experience, but embrace it.
>>
>>53950015
>Is it going to be painful?
Depends entirely on your tastes.

>What am I supposed to expect from Exalted if I never played it before and only played D&D instead before I get into a game of Exalted?
Well, compared to DnD, it's a lot crunchier while being somewhat abstract. For example, attacking in exalted 3e isn't simply hitting with a sword to cause wounds. There is an attack that let's you gain initiative in a fight and then there is an attack that allows you to use said inititiative for a killing blow. Or there is stunting, that basically improves your rolls as long as you describe your actions in a cool way. Also, social combat system!
>>
>>53919252
You're quick on the uptake, aren't you?
>>
>>53937739
>starts conversations by angrily threatening the players to keep them from having opinions
>"why are people so bitchy to me all the time, it must be because they're mindless retards who complain for no reason all the time"
It's not that big of a mystery.
>>
>>53943584
Don't the DB's get a damn-near perfect defense in the form of Unassailable Body of <Element> in 2e? I forget whether that actually works against undodgables, but anything but wood caste should be able to use that against COCT assuming typical thrown weapons.
>>
>>53946792

Seems to be much more group based too, but still mainly grounded in elemental themes and not straying into "like a sidereal/infernal but shittier"

People might call the new powers like auras or signatures gimmicks, but ultimately everything, even supernals are gimmicks if you don't like them.

If every new book must be more over the top then the previous one then you get 2E Dreams Of the First Age breaking perfects, and the Sun mecha.

>>53948247
>>53948277
Don't go for the bait.

>>53933902
I really wish Craft had something like Kitbashing from Genius the Transgression, where you could make something really quickly and without craft XP but it would only last the scene
>>
>>53953679
For artifacts or for normal stuff? For artifacts that would be busted as fuck, for regular stuff I see no reason you can't. If you have craft 5 you're some super genius workman, I don't see why a ST would say no if you want to stunt banging a few things together for a quick tool.
>>
>>53949658
Isn't that the plot

>>53950015
Exalted gives tons of power straight off. There is no such thing as alignment, and nothing is pure good or evil. But, with great power comes great responsibility

Main rule in Exalted is "Actions have consequences" and so you can't bring people back from the dead, can't time travel, and can't break the creators of the world out from their world prison.

There's humorous summary here:https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Exalted
>>
>>53953767
Oh definitely not artifacts, unless you were right in your workship and could lash together an artifact 1 that'd work for one scene - but stuff like lashing together barrels.

I wonder at high solar end levels you could do things like ram a damaged ship into another and over the course of a scene with skilled demon workers rip out sails and masts carrying them over.

Or fix a bridge by causing a landslide on the nearby hillside, channelling the rocks via predug trenches so they jam together in a arch.

Then ignite flamedust over the top to melt it into a smooth travelling surface.
>>
>>53954180
For solars specifically? You can do all that with CNNT. Any basic or major project takes only a few minutes at most, you could whip together a whole ship assuming you have the right materials on hand. Those all just sound like very very cool stunts you do with the charm
>>
>>53954180
>workship
I know that was a typo, but now I'm imagining a badass flying forge-galleon and I want one.
>>
Anyone recall which book details that shadowlands can go away naturally if lots of marriages and births happen in them?
>>
>>53950510

He's one of the thread shitposters. Ignore him.
>>
>>53949658

Player 2 sounds like an Infernal pretty much.

...In fact what framework is he using to play as the ship?
>>
So I know there are some gods who spend most of their time on creation and some who spend most of it in Yu Shan, but how often is a god like Ahlat in one or the other?
>>
>>53956794
Anyone?
>>
>>53959351
Ahlat probably splits his time pretty evenly between Heaven and Creation, but most gods of his station, and most Celestial gods in general, are mostly based in Yu-Shan.
>>
>>53961312

Did you play only 2nd edition or did you play 1st edition as well? Answer will limit or expand the number of books we need to look through for the answer
>>
>>53961312

By mingling the soil on the borders with that from fertile places, by holding festivals celebratory of life on the bordermarches and by replacing local vegetation with wholesome growth, the living can nibble at the edges of a shadowland. This normally causes the shadowland to recede slowly, about 10 yards per year. However, these efforts can push it back as far as a mile per year if the mortals are massively industrious or if sorcerers employ demons or elementals to do huge works. - Abyssals 1st ed
>>
>>53961536
Would this work to prevent the formation of a shadowland? Like, would celebrating life on the scene of some great, recent tragedy help in this respect?
>>
>>53963224

A battlefield or plague-town does not normally instantly change into a shadowland. In most cases, the process is a gradual one that can, with effort, be stopped by employing much the same methods one would use to destroy an already existing one
>>
Do you think we'll see the return of Overdrives, at least for Dragon-Blooded?
>>
>>53954035
The plot of what? Thinking I should just roll with it?

Really just concerned about player stress, with me wanting to fight and then wanting to recruit.

>>53957505
I THINK he's some kind of Raksha?

Haven't seen his sheet, though. All I know is he's a living asteroid/ship, and can build homunculi to serve as crew (and has built a big dragon thing as a living dropship. I rode on its back into battle, which was pretty awesome).
>>
>>53964152

Didn't Overdrives only exist so people would have motes to spend on something other than paranoia combos?
>>
>>53950015

Here's one thing I'll point out.

Exalted has a bestiary. You, a starting character, can and will be expected to fuck up nearly anything in that bestiary that doesn't have an Essence pool. (And most of the things that do.)

You know how there are all these elaborate things in Creation that people have to deal with? A Circle of starting Solars will blow through them like a fucking nuclear bomb.

Your party is inherently one of the most dangerous things in the entire setting, because you're actively working together. This isn't the standard D&D team, it's more like what happens when Sherlock Holmes teams up with the Shadow, the Terminator, Jesus and Kamen Rider.
>>
As a new GM, how do I go about making decently balanced charms and evocations?
>>
>>53964734

Don't worry too much about it. The PCs will blow through most things anyway. Exalted isn't really about how much power you have (since the players have a lot and get more) it's about the consequences of that power.

You can give the PCs crazy stuff to use, but they won't necessarily fuck up people any harder than they already do normally.
>>
>>53964755
Well I also mean for Gods and such as well. I don't want to accidentally make a charm that is more powerful than I intended against the party.
>>
>>53964734
>>53964780

Don't make them combat charms. Make them more flashy than actually practical.

Really, this is besides the point. I have never seen anyone survive an assault by the Circle. I mean, you have four Solar-level Exalts fucking up one or two Essence-wielders and a handful of mooks. The mooks last a few turns, then everyone is beating the shit out of the leader.

Seriously, if you go by the book, it's quite hard to hold off a Dawn Caste Solar's assault no matter who you are. Get two of his friends to join in, and yep, you won't last long.
>>
>>53964434

Basically
>>
Anyone know the source for this pic?
>>
>>53964734

Do something cool and for something which has no mechcaical basis, like all new charms. I made a small guide in my ST manual of at least how I do it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit?usp=drivesdk

For evocations, do something you want to do and seems cool. I made Sakuya's stopwatch from Touhou and the Symphogear power armours because I like both the source material and I enjoyed making them.
>>
>>53964996

nicolasrgiacondino.deviantart.com/gallery/112476/U-T-O-P-I-A
>>
>>53965062
Thanks.
>>
File: image-search.jpg (70KB, 1076x486px) Image search: [Google]
image-search.jpg
70KB, 1076x486px
>>53965091 Np it isn't hard. just use google reverse image search. it is even easier in Chrome. Right click - search Google for this image.
>>
Hey guys, what's the best NOT-Exalted game to play Exalted? My players and I don't like too much crunch in our games...
>>
>>53967435
There's only one right answer to that question, and it's G U R P S
>>
>>53967435
Fate
>>
>>53967435

Godbound seemed pretty okay when I browsed through it. It tries to do almost exactly the same thing as Exalted, using simplified d20 rules.

Otherwise, if you want even less crunch, then >>53967786
>>
File: use your head.png (907KB, 978x674px) Image search: [Google]
use your head.png
907KB, 978x674px
>>53967871
>>53967435

Oh, one more thing - once I've been fooling around with an idea of running a game in KSBD-verse using Exalted system. I do believe that with some modifications, you could use KSBD RPG (it's PotA, although it manages to pull it off rather gracefully) to emulate Exalted.
>>
What breaks if I multiply the distance of Travel Without Distance by a factor of 10 in 3e (so Essence 3 => 300 miles)?

I really want my sorcerers (both NPCs and PCs) to be able to make the jump between Lookshy and Nexus with one step inbetween.

Alternatively, I would like to make long-range teleports possible by use of Ley Lines or something like that. Is this still cool? Is there some fluff about something like that?
>>
>>53967435
Probably Legend of the Wulin, but while a bit less crunchy, it has its own problems with book layout, entrenchment in its own setting, and some balance problems.
>>
>>53950015
Okay, most answers were useless and wankery, so here's mine.

D&D is a system built around the concept of combat, with very strong (but extremely warped) roots in old wargames. It is a very weird RPG, as its system is frequently esoteric, hermetic, or just plain historically bizarro. By instance, there's a very strong, very explicit wall between fights (95% of a character) and non combat stuff. Characters gain power by fighting and they can certainly be seen as a big list of combat abilities.

Exalted does not consider a character only by its fighting ability and actually has extensive systems, powers and abilities for, say, sweet talking people, leading armies, pickpocketing, or being the damnedest best merchant ever. A perfectly valid, fun and balanced Exalted character is a peaceful diplomat. Never try to shoehorn D&D 'classes' into your Exalted characters. Never try to put old D&D roles into Exalted characters. The concepts will be diluted and weird at best.
>>
>>53968896
Fast travel has generally been quite limited in Exalted as a whole. Even in the First Sage the Gates of Auspicious Passage only went between 2 specific points and were crazy, crazy expensive to use.

I'd err on the side of caution whenever boosting anything that speeds up travel times. Travel Without Distance isn't really meant to travel great distances but allow you to get there without going the intervening space. Allowing you to sneak into a fortress, escape danger, or access meeting locations that would be impossible to get to like a cavern with no entrances in the middle of a mountain.

It might be better to use Sorcerous Workings to set up gateways between specific destination if you use them frequently. Making them inflexible and and require quite an investment to get off the ground.
>>
File: 1443781615011.jpg (133KB, 610x665px) Image search: [Google]
1443781615011.jpg
133KB, 610x665px
>>53904273
>Sell off the low ones

Seems like a good way to produce a horde of DBs that are out for your blood. Besides, what could you expect to receive as payment that's worth an exalt?

No. You just kill them and use a charm or sorcery to ensure they pass on completely with no chance of ghost. You can probably get some worthwhile crafting ingredients from the corpses.
>>
>>53967996
PotA?
>>
File: IMG_2836.jpg (37KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2836.jpg
37KB, 443x332px
>>53892610
>>
File: carlos.jpg (19KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
19KB, 500x367px