[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 75

File: Aven_Brigadier.png (1MB, 956x737px) Image search: [Google]
Aven_Brigadier.png
1MB, 956x737px
Better Edition

Last Thread: >53982229

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Does cartoony or otherwise non serious artwork have a place in present day magic?
>>
Fuck Sheldon.
>>
This version is only going to get more expensive, isn't it. Waiting for rotation isn't going to make this any better?
>>
>>53993928
>Thread Question
It should make up the majority of Unstable.
>>
>>53994149
Nobody cracked soi because it was the summer set and it wasnt standard viable, whatever its current price is the actual market price.
>>
>>53994196
Wasn't Eldritch moon the summer set?
>>
>>53993928
>Does cartoony or otherwise non serious artwork have a place in present day magic?

Every single goblin needs this.
>>
>>53994246
Yeah it was the spring set looking back.
>>
File: 1348521401785.jpg (26KB, 237x229px) Image search: [Google]
1348521401785.jpg
26KB, 237x229px
Reposting my post:
>>53993425
Also, would maybe brago work better with the deck? It WOULD be pretty funny to put my queen marchesa deck next to brago.
>>
File: Mana Curve Hard Mode.png (21KB, 305x372px) Image search: [Google]
Mana Curve Hard Mode.png
21KB, 305x372px
I didn't get the chance to post this in the last thread but I would love to see someone guess my deck.
>>
>>53994637
Tasigur.
>>
>>53994675
Yes, but can you guess the build?
>>
>>53994736
Tasigur Autism
>>
>>53994736
Tasigur.
>>
>>53994736
High Tide Ad Naus Tendrils "Please Don't Leave" Tasigur Storm.
>>
>>53994777
Close
>>53994786
It's been established
>>53994797
One of those cards is in there but it is not a storm deck. It's more cancerous and less efficient.
>>
File: 1349492811182.jpg (330KB, 711x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1349492811182.jpg
330KB, 711x1067px
>>53994736
>>
>>53995005
let me have my fun, anon. My deck is a circlejerk and so are my posts.
>>
>>53994736
Shaman Tribal
>>
Is it autistic of me to be extremely annoyed when someone else uses my commander in their decks even if it's not their commander? especially after the guy bought if after he saw the card for the first time as my commander.
>>
>>53995121
Yes it is a card that anyone can use as long as they have access to that color.
>>
>>53995099
That's spicy. What part of the color pie do shamans get?
>>
>>53995171
The good shamans are mostly Gruul colored, though there are a few decent ones in black. Sek'Kuar is your best bet for Shaman Tribal.
>>
File: Doesn't Get It.png (149KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
Doesn't Get It.png
149KB, 510x346px
I'm currently building a UBRG spell slinger deck, and I have a question.

I've never used counterspells in EDH, except in decks that nobody expects to encounter 'em, such as my mono-green and mono-black decks. How many counterspells should this new deck be running order to fortify my combos and/or win cons?
>>
>>53995331
If you're running tutors for em, I think that 5 is enough, if you're running good ones. There's really no reason to pack insane amount of them, really
>>
>>53994637
Am I reading this right that you're running 39/40 lands? That seems pretty high.

My guess is Doomsday Lab Man. The 5-cost black cards are Ad Nauseam and either Sidisi or Dark Petition, probably Sidisi. I can't decide what the 6-cost one is. I don't know if Tappedout includes the commander in the breakdown.
>>
>Selvala, Heart of the Wilds in play
>Player with Selvala casts Force of Savagery
>When the Force enters the battlefield, it'll get sent to the graveyard due to having 0 toughness

Can the Selvala player still pay G and tap it to produce 8 mana, assuming Force is the creature with the highest power that the Selvala player controls, before the Force gets sent to the graveyard?
>>
>>53995401
No. You need priority to activate activated abilities, even mana abilities.

Creatures that have 0 toughness are put into a graveyard whenever state-based actions are checked. State-based actions are checked whenever a player would gain priority.

There is no opportunity to ever act before the Force would be put into the graveyard.
>>
>>53995401
No. During state based actions no player has priority, and the Selvala player would need priority in order to tap.
>>
>>53993928
>Does cartoony or otherwise non serious artwork have a place in present day magic?

Cartoony? No, I think it hurts the cohesion of the worlds they're creating.

Non-serious? Yes, with a light touch. Don't overdo it. Pic related.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
139KB, 223x311px
http://deck(.)tk/00sU6tmQ
Help me with my Orzhov Commander-deck! Need to cut some cards
>>
>>53995670

Cut your wrists instead and used tappedout next time.
>>
>>53995692
Why?
>>
>>53995700
It's da bes and it uploads your shit to edhrec too.

Also I won't touch links that aren't tapped out, which at least makes 2 of us
>>
>>53995429
>>53995433

Nice, thanks! Another question:

>Derevi player has both Derevi and Cryptolith Rite on the battlefield
>Another player casts Lignify on Derevi

Can Derevi still be tapped to produce mana due to Cryptolith Rite while Lignify is attached to it?
>>
>>53995818
No. It's a timestamp thing.
>10/1/2007: Lignify causes the enchanted creature to lose all abilities it had at the time it became enchanted. Any abilities granted to the creature after Lignify entered the battlefield will work normally.
>>
>>53994149
this is a 2 dollar card
>>
>>53995670
Fuck off, Karlov is mine and YOU OWE HIM MONEY
>>
File: 1496459251962.jpg (26KB, 352x550px) Image search: [Google]
1496459251962.jpg
26KB, 352x550px
>>53996044

I guess I'll have to decide between buying one or fucking your mother twice.
>>
What deck would best fit this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxSCyy2vHH0
>>
>>53996078
If you're struggling to pay for a 2~3 dollar you should not be playing this game
>>
>>53995957
Thanks! Now my mind can rest in peace.
>>
>>53996141
Joven Artifact Destruction.
>>
>>53996044
The promo is 8, which is fine, but I'm not paying my country's shipping costs for a single card, so I'll have to wait until I have more to buy. At which time the price may spike. that's all.
>>
>>53995171
>>53995198
The only cards that actually care about other Shamans are:
>Bosk Banneret
>Lightning Crafter
>Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
>Thornbite Staff
>Wolf-Skull Shaman

Lightning Crafter is just Champion, so really the only ones worth bothering with are all Green, except Thornbite obviously.
>>
>>53993928
>Thread Question
They'll probably never do it, but if we get a return to Lorwyn/Shadowmoor it needs the neat storybook art style.
>>
>>53996727
>completely shit card
>being afraid that it will spike
Frankly, it will dive like Hindenburg after it rotates standard, if it's even played there
>>
>>53995462
>that goblin

he knows whats going on.
>>
My playgroup is have a "god challenge" where we all choose a god subtype card (so either Theros block or Amonkhet block) and build them as commander. I built Karametra and the deck's been super fun.

It's basically a combo-storm deck that uses Aluren with Whitemane Lion/Stonecloaker/Fleetfoot Panther to pull all the lands out of your deck (every land has a Forest/Plains subtype except for Emeria) and then kill people with Goblin Charbelcher or a variety of other combos. Strength of Cedars has killed enough people.
>>
>>53997508
>goblin charbelcher

holy shit anon, my karametra deck relied on ramping and throwing out big old fatty hydras and tapping them until I won.

Now I have a way more sensible win con.
>>
>>53994149
>caring about promos
>it doesnt even have alternate art
>>
File: MURICA FUCK YA.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MURICA FUCK YA.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
How can I build Shu Yun for a 3-4 Multiplayer group?

The only deck I've seen in person was a "Strictly 1v1" deck that stacked strong instant speed buffs to try and get a quick 21 with Shu Yun.

My only thoughts so far are an enchantment pillow fort with an extra combat phase OR artifacts, especially equipments.
>>
>>53997786
i've not played him but i feel like there are probably 2 approaches, pillowforting and goodstuffing until finishing people with shu yun, and then extra combatting and mega buffing shu yun in an effort to one shot the table
>>
>>53997800
Yeah I already have 2 pillowfort kind of decks so I think, maybe I can make this more aggressive.

Won't be more than a $200 deck so it should fall into the mid tier of my playgroup.
>>
>>53997786
i turned my bruna deck into a shu yun deck and basically changed nothing about it aside from adding sun forger and some extra combat stuff. bruna is still in there as an alternate win con
>>
>>53997823
list?
>>
>>53997834
i never put it on tapped out, your basic idea is to just build a generic bruna deck with red extra combats and sun forger
>>
>>53997897
Any good UW / UR spells for the sunforger pack?
>>
>>53997933
path, swords, boros charm, firestorm, etc you just use it to tutor up what you need for your specific situation and meta
>>
Does anyone have a link to the YouTube video of the kid throwing an autist shitfit because his friends won't let him separate his library into two piles in his Melek deck?
>>
File: 1457467476169.png (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1457467476169.png
1MB, 5000x5000px
somewhat of a blogpost coming through

>getting bored of dimir reanimator
>want to splash a color
>try splashing each color on xmage
>grixis seems kinda boring because red doesn't seem very versatile
>esper is fun and cute, but feels maybe a bit awkward to play, shit commanders for reanimator too
>only one color left to test
>try putting green into my deck
>navigate through the thousands of bought-out reanimator themed green cards on EDHREc and magiccards.info
>put the good ones that aren't 20+ bucks into my deck, my deck is now basically 50% green, 35% black and 15% blue
>almost throw up in the process of loading all the creature tutors into my deck
>join a casual game on xmage
>by turn 5, have cheated about 5 creatures into play, have twice the mana as everyone else
>acidic slime, woodfall primus and terastodon have run out of targets so just blowing up people's lands now
>xenagos hits me with a hasted kozilek, butcher of truth, instantly tutor and answer for it and blow up his lands, he just fucking leaves the game
>mfw end up reanimating more than 80% of my deck's creatures with a single living death
>apologize to my remaining opponent and kill myself with a gigantic ancient excavation

jesus fucking christ sultai is just disgusting

i almost want to build it just because it's like being an omnipotent deity that cannot be touched by mere mortals, but then again i felt dirty the entire time i played the deck so maybe not

boy i'd love it if they printed a good esper reanimator commander
>>
>>53996853
Kiki-Jiki.
>>
File: Karlov of the Ghost Council.png (230KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Karlov of the Ghost Council.png
230KB, 375x523px
>>53995670
Here's my Karlov super voltron, the deck is basically finished now bar a few money cards I'll get as a graduation present. Swords, Command Beacon, maybe an expensive tutor and Cabal Coffers.

A good amount of the cards have Berserk renders printed out on photopaper and stuck in the sleeve because I'm autistic
>>
>>53998043
UBx will always be a disgusting color combination.

It is a shame there aren't better Esper commanders for reanimator past Sharuum, but if you're set on playing reanimator Grixis does it well. Red has a lot of fun creatures to reanimate, and has good enablers like Faithless Looting.
>>
File: Obzedat Ghost Council.png (279KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Obzedat Ghost Council.png
279KB, 375x523px
>>53998104
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karlov-rae-jepsen/

The decklist would help
>>
>>53998078
I'm saying the only reason you have to run Shaman "tribal" is those cards, otherwise you might as well run goodstuff where a bunch of them happen to be Shamans but you don't really prioritize them. Mirror-Breaker doesn't care what is or is not a Shaman.
>>
>>53997933
It's currently a work in progress, and it's for a Boros soldier tribal deck with an equipment subtheme, but this is the package I'm going with.
Boros Charm
Comeuppance
Dispatch
Enlightened Tutor
Mercadia's Downfall
Return to Dust
Tithe
Wild Ricochet

Since you're in Jeskai you should consider Absorb, Counterflux, Double Negative, Mirrorweave, Ojutai's Command, Render Silent, Steam Augury and Suffocating Blast.
It'd probably be dumb to run all of those counters, but I just thought I'd list all of the counterspells that Sunforger can grab. There's also the charms of course if you think they'd be a good fit for you.
>>
>>53998145
UGx will also always be disgusting.
>>
>>53998203
That was actually what I meant to write
>>
>>53998043
>esper is fun and cute, but feels maybe a bit awkward to play, shit commanders for reanimator too

Sharuum's combos are all reanimation oriented.
>>
>>53998145
>UBx will always be a disgusting color combination

in terms of EDH i think GBx or GUx makes the most disgusting decks. my UB deck isn't *that* strong. i don't run combos, so i win with big value plays and reanimation blowouts, and UB alone can't really do that.

i did a quick search through grixis reanimation cards, but honestly i didn't think there were that many worth playing. this is mostly an ETB/LTB recurring deck and red doesn't really care much for that. plus, i need capable LD/exile in my deck thanks to a certain friend abusing a certain deep, dark fantasy too much
>>
>>53998170
I forgot to explain that Tithe is mainly to grab Mistveil Plains so that you can put your Sunforger targets on the bottom of your library to tutor out again.
>>
>>53998216
i really hate artifacts sadly and i want to be somewhat of a hipster. i ran Ertai, the Corrupted as my commander when I tested out my esper deck and he wasn't that bad, if a bit bothersome to protect in a deck where i really don't like to protect my board too much.

i'd probably run sen triplets if they weren't 20 bucks for some reason
>>
>>53998263
>i really hate artifacts sadly
Why? Why do you hate an entire card type?
>>
>>53998301
they just quickly turn retarded good in edh, and in a way where it's next to impossible to know it in advance. sometimes the artifact player durdles with nothing on his board, other times he'll just start comboing out and wins on the spot despite having fuck all on his board prior. i've lost too many games to paradox engine and that "sac 3 get blightsteel colossus" fucker so now i hate the entire archetype
>>
>>53998365
Lots of decks can pop off super hard out of no where when nobody at the table has an answer. It's not something unique to artifacts and you don't have to build or play the deck in that way if you don't want.
>>
>>53998436
i never said i was a rational man
>>
>>53997786
I just tappedout my Shu Yu:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-multiplayer/

It is about half your budget but I was thinking of cutting my sunforger because I didnt fit enough removal in there. Otherwise I need to find three or four spells so I can fit Swords, Path and probably Chaos Warp at least.
>>
>>53998239
Sorry I meant to write UGx, UBx is legit

>>53998365
Sounds like you need better threat analysis. Cards like Paradox Engine, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Rings of Brighthearth, Time Sieve, and Birthing Pod often have hidden "destroy this NOW or else" clauses in their text. And that's not limited to just artifacts.

Fortunately, there's a lot of artifact hate in Naya colors. Pack a couple sweepers like Vandalblasts or Fracturing Gust in addition to your normal spot removal and you'll enjoy the occasional blowout.
>>
>>53998602
Actually, blue has some decent artifact hate too. Energy Flux comes to mind. Only black suffers from lack of artifact hate

Which is still complete fucking bullshit in my opinion, that one color gets completely locked out of artifact/enchantment hate
>>
File: 192.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/samut-ft-grenzos-best-hits/
Should I cut something to add some of the Maybboard cards, like Path/Sword to Plowshares?
>>
File: 32[1].jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
32[1].jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>53998626
If you're really desperate, you can always turn to the Father of Machines for help.
>>
File: 46[1].jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46[1].jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>53998903
His door is always open.
>>
>>53998729
Cut amulet of vigor and horn of greed for swords and path, probably also want to include 2 or more wraths for additional protection since Samut allows you to rebuild your board for an alpha strike in a hurry. Also, you're playing Naya but you're not playing Godsire wtf.
>>
>>53998933
>Godsire
Simply don't have the card, thinking of adding him, Captain Sisay, Mom and krenko later when I've tested thedeck.

Why are wraths so easy to rebuild from?
>>
>>53998729
add that one red card that lets you search for a card not in your deck and keep the maybe board around
>>
>>53999003
Flash in Samut before your turn, play a big fatty or two and swing in. Seems like a fairly typical line.
>>
File: 152.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
152.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>53999021
This?
>>
>>53999021
The wish cycle technically doesn't work in commander unless you house rule it (see rule 13 of the official commander banlist).
>>
File: 50705659_p0.jpg (721KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
50705659_p0.jpg
721KB, 800x800px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-06-17-withering-heights/

Can I get a critique for this decklist? Im trying not to get overboard with this list but I really like the idea of a Rakdos EDH deck that has a reliable draw engine.
>>
>>53997508
>not posting a list
>>
>>53999082
ya but what play group is that autistic to where they wont allow it?
>>
File: gaddock.jpg (122KB, 602x839px) Image search: [Google]
gaddock.jpg
122KB, 602x839px
>tfw getting a gaddock as judge promo
>>
>>53999417
wow thats awesome
>>
>>53999417
That art is gorgeous.

Goddamn I hope we got a new Lorwyn set one day.
>>
>>53995360
There we go; you are very close. I was hoping that someone would notice the land count is pretty high because that's the giveaway. It's my take on a lands deck. The five drops are Ad Naus and Dark Petition but the six drop is misleading. I had to double check my list because I was sure that I topped out at five but tappedout includes the commander in CMC I guess.

Kudos to you, anon.
>>
>>53998602
>Sounds like you need better threat analysis. Cards like Paradox Engine, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Rings of Brighthearth, Time Sieve, and Birthing Pod often have hidden "destroy this NOW or else" clauses in their text. And that's not limited to just artifacts.

yeah the whole reason why i hate artifacts is the fact that paradox engine and kuldotha forgemaster turn a bunch of useless mana rocks and servos into a wincon on etb
>>
File: 1472006583484.png (250KB, 1200x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1472006583484.png
250KB, 1200x1100px
>>53999529
Ban Paradox Engine
>>
>>53999417
They're also issuing more Phyrexian Elesh Norn promos along with this so the supply is going to double. This is the chance to buy one I guess. If the price actually goes down significantly or halves then I'm going to commit.
>>
Whats a general theory for building "budget" three color land bases?

All my decks that are 3 colors have at least shocks if not checks and/or pains and fetche, most of my dual decks have a good array of dual lands.

I am being challenged to make a $100 3 color deck with no green and I just can't into land base.

Command tower, the cheap ass tri color tapped land and a ton of basics?
>>
Anyone know a good site for modified/painted cards?

B/W could be fine if the art is high enough quality.
>>
>>53999642
All 20 checks and temples would run you about $40. You can get 5 or 6 for $10.
>>
>>53999696
>temples
forgot all about em, thanks.
>>
>>53999529
Paradox Engine is legit ban worthy, been saying this for awhile now.

The amount of obnoxious bullshit that card enables is staggering.
>>
>>53999716
Yeah. There are also some utility lands that are worth including. Bojuka Bog, Halimar Depths, Kessig Wolf Run. It'd help if I knew what colors you were in.
>>
>>53999642
>People who play at stores have to buy the same overpriced lands again and again

Thank god we all just play at eachother's houses.

For lands only we allow a proxy if you own a single copy of the real thing.

One of our friends works with high end printers and makes us good ones (That have a red X in the corner of the art to show they are fake).
>>
just finished resleeving my gwafa deck in those new ultra pro eclipse sleeves and i gotta say i dont see what all the hype is about. they cost more than dragon shield, you waste almost half the sleeves since they dont come in a 100 pack, and the shuffle feel barely better than dragon shields. did i just get memed?
>>
>>53999758
>It'd help if I knew what colors you were in

Trying to decide between Grixis and Jeskai
>>
>>53999781

I saw a pack of power 9+dual lands and some others, made in China, were very high quality, about $50.

Wanted to get it but wanted something small to signify it's fake, I don't want any confusion. Prefery it be made with it, done my self if ok but won't looks clean.
>>
>>53999789
I know nothing of sleeves but you must use polished pennies as Gwafa's bribery counter (or a similarly low denomination of coin from your currency)
>>
>>53999800
Nivix, Aerie of the Firemind.
>>
>>53999823
Yeah he edits the red X into the image before printing so we think it isnt TOO shady but who cares since we know not to sell them.

We have a group of 7 reliable players and since allowing the proxy rule we all boast 6+ decks and it help diversify our playgroup a lot.
>>
>>53999829
i actually bought some of those fake gem things for bribery counters
>>
>>53999885
We can be friends, but only if you keep them in a draw-string pouch.
>>
>>53999868

For reasons I won't get into I know my card collection will be up for sale and don't want them getting mixed into it, found, then whole collection gets rejected because someone doesn't play magic is selling them.

I guess I'll get them. Maybe Monday.
>>
>>53999903
nah, i keep them in the satin tower lower compartment
>>
File: ManaCurveHardMode.jpg (16KB, 443x406px) Image search: [Google]
ManaCurveHardMode.jpg
16KB, 443x406px
Well, there's only so many Black/White decks, so I guess you have a decent chance of guessing the deck.
>>
File: 1439472158623.jpg (46KB, 595x403px) Image search: [Google]
1439472158623.jpg
46KB, 595x403px
>>53998043
You can't make a blog post like that without posting a decklist.
>>
File: 1492643334361.jpg (98KB, 418x434px) Image search: [Google]
1492643334361.jpg
98KB, 418x434px
is it unreasonable to get less enjoyment from making/playing a commander that someone in your play group already has?
>>
>>54000409
No, absolutely not. Both of you are going to be comparing your decks to each others, and one of them is going to be unfavorable.
>>
>>54000433
comparing decks can be interesting to see how different people build the commander. however, you are probably right that in the end there will be a determined favored/better deck within the play group.
>>
>>54000409
>>54000433
>>54000514
A guy in my play group recently built a Zur deck when I've had one forever now. He wanted to do more of a pillow fort build whereas mine is an all around tool box. I traded him pieces he needed from my spare cards, pulled some cards aside for him at the LGS while he was waiting on his paycheck and also set aside cards for him while I was going through a friends commons and uncommons looking for stuff for my decks.
I plan on us never playing them at the same time to avoid direct comparisons being made, but I don't know how much that will help things.
>>
>>53993928
ok guis, r8 my oloro lifegain deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-lifegaining-to-infinity/
>>
>>54000768
You are already so far up your own ass with lifegain you might as well run sun droplet.
>>
>>54000768
>Exquisite Blood, Sanguine Bond, Felidar Sovereign and Divinity of Pride
I'm glad I don't play with you.
I'd suggest finding room for Righteous Aura to not die to commander damage and dumb shit like Malignus + Gisela.
>>
>>54000592
that sounds like a good approach if someone does decide to make a similar deck. in my case, i have aversion to making one that someone already has. i feel making the same commander means making and playing it is no longer as fun because it is not as special.
>>
>>54000887
This is the most assholish deck I've brewed because my meta is filled with Zur and Jeleva decks so I want to win some games.. I do have some more fun with sultai zombies though.
>>
>>54000409
nah. my play group has a bunch of duplicate commanders but they are all done in a different way. for instance i have a voltron yidris deck and another guy has a storm yidris deck. commander has a huge list of card to choose from, you can easily make the same commanders unique
>>
>>53997304
Doubtful. Just look at the new Teeg judge promo. More photorealistic dogshit.
>>
>>53998626
Anon, that's called the Color Pie. It exists for a reason.
>>
>>54001605
This anon has no taste. That teeg is perfectly fine. It's whimsical, interesting, and it has personality without being bland. It's well balanced and you get a sense of the world he lives in. This is not pearl lake ancient or literally anything from theros, and if you don't understand the difference, you shouldn't be discussing it in the first place.
>>
>>54000768
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-lifegaining-to-infinity/
Why no ashes to ashes?
>>
File: teeg.jpg (53KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
teeg.jpg
53KB, 640x420px
>>54001707
It's none of those things. Definitely not on the level of PLA et. al., but still bad. The personailty in the old piece came from the face. Teeg looked old, weathered, experienced, and wise. You could tell he was a leader just from his expression. The new one has to show it in the background because Teeg himself has no personality to carry the piece. I could tolerate it if it at least had some imagination to it, but it feels exactly like every other generic leader-character illustration they've churned out recently.
>>
Why doesn't wizards print the tarrasque?
>>
How many lands in a Grixis spellslinger deck? How many rocks?
>>
>>53993928
Some friends and me are on the MtG Fence for a while now, been playing some kitchen table tier games but nothing serious so far. We were thinking about ordering the Commander Anthology to start out with, but I myself don't really like most of the decks and am inclined on making my own Deck either revolting around Oona, teysa or Enchantments, I don't want to spend too much money and want to keep it on the same powerlevel as the other decks, tho.

Any nice anon got some Insights?
>>
>>54002391
Which commander? Jeleva, Kraum/Vial Smasher? Sedris?
>>
>>54000887
If any of those cards are remotely a problem for you, then you play in the most Craw Wurm of metas.
>>
>>54002432
Jeleva, with fewer large spells than most lists I see. More Grixis-controllish than Jeleva-nut.

Currently running 35 lands, Sol Ring, 3 Signets, Feliwar Stone, and Gilded Lotus. I often find myself having to cantrip on early turns to not miss land drops.
>>
>>54001707
The new Teeg is shit, no I won't debate you because that's a fucking opinion.
>>
File: I'd tap that.jpg (170KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
I'd tap that.jpg
170KB, 500x714px
How do you guys feel about Stax players in group games? If you run stax, what's your reason? I recently took apart my Atraxa superfriends for Derevi because she was just too slow in the early game to keep up with the combo-centric players in my group (Gitrocked monster, Teferi, maelstrom/Yidris).
>>
>>54002524
standard 37 lands and about 5-7 rocks (adjust for your play group)
>>
>>54002574
stax is cool but i only bring out my stax deck when the group needs to be taught a lesson about something, usually something to do with combo decks. just be aware that playing stax will rightly so make you the enemy of the entire table
>>
>>54002574
I run Stax because you can't trade spell for counter in 1v3, but you can trade 1 of your lands per turn for 1 of your opponents lands per turn. It's simply the only viable way to slow down a multiplayer game, and when my friends are playing UGx combo decks then it's the only way to keep games from being five minutes long.
>>
>>54002611
>>54002652
I'm totally fine with being the archenemy if it means I can slow down self-centered combo players that refuse to interact with anybody outside of a Teferi mindlessly wheeling the table every other turn or gitrog dropping ballista for the win. Stax was the first thing that came to mind but I'm very open to any other ideas when it comes to dealing with these kinds of decks while still playing something that requires me to think, interact with the board and is relatively entertaining.
>>
>>54002729
There's a Samut hatebear deck in my meta that was made to fuck combo players in the arse. Tutor up Aven Mindcensor/Teeg/Harsh Mentor/Hushwing Gryff/Thalia/whatever is best, then put them on a hard timer with Samut. And it won't make you public enemy #1, since people REEEE much less when you're not denying resources.
>>
>>54002832
Hatebears seems like an alright idea as well, thanks.
>>
>>54000768
I'd suggest palace siege and subversion as an addition, seems like fun with paradox haze.
>>
>>54002883
>>54002832
Sisay and Anafenza can do Hatebear Tribal pretty well, Sisay because she tutors out Legendary 'bears, Anafenza because she's one herself.
>>
>>54002729
could always run infect or MLD. jhiroa MLD eldrazi time bomb will surely make your combo plays REEE
>>
File: goku and vegetable.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
goku and vegetable.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>54000409
>>54000592
i agree that it's lame to have the exact same commander/color+archetype going up against each other, but on the other hand, it's fucking great when you have 2 very similar decks, but with a few minute differences in flavor and design.

>build a maelstrom wanderer deck
>friend builds a mayael the anime deck soon after
>both our decks are ridiculously high avg cmc timmy decks with tons of ramp
>my maelstrom deck is all about value and gruul atties, drops tons of hasted 6-7 drops after ramping a few turns, just overwhelms opponents with a massive burst of cascades and value
>his mayael deck is about building an unbeatable board and more defensive creatures like angels and big green fatties, eventually just having so much meat on the board that it just can't be stopped
>tfw the timmyfest that ensues when we play against each other
>>
>>54001709
Don't know how it would fit into my overall strategy. Redpill me on it anon.
>>
>>54002922
Any suggestions on things to cut for those?
>>
>>54003274
it exile 2 thing
but cost life???
woah ur commander gain life!!!!!
>>
>>54003274
Spot removal that's also card advantage for 3 mana. What's to say? It's just a good card.

Also, Drew Tucker is a patrician-tier artist
>>
>>54003488
It is a sweet card with god-tier art. Oloro has white for generally better removal, and at instant speed, but there isn't much else that can exile multiple creatures.
>>
>>54002508
It's mostly about them being lame uninteractive wincons in the case Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond, and in the case of Divinity of Pride and Felidar Sovereign it's obvious to almost everyone that if they should have referenced your starting life total but that worrying about how they'd work in a format like commander just wasn't something they did back then.
>>
File: 1485979072918.jpg (82KB, 281x286px) Image search: [Google]
1485979072918.jpg
82KB, 281x286px
>Currently wasting 70$ every week on commander cards
>Seriously considering buying shit like Mana Crypt, Cradle and Karn, which I wouldn't have even thought of buying when I started

When does it stop
>>
File: you.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>54003782
Same here except I'm unemployed.

It never stops until you make it stop, anon. Do it while you're still in your right mind.
>>
Anyone here playing Saskia? Mainly wanted to know if people were playing stuff besides creature aggro/infect

Like I'm currently building an enchantress saskia that mostly plays good stuff enchantments along with Primal Surge
>>
>>53995462
>tfw no bf
hhnnnnnrgnggggnnngggg
>>
File: images.png (10KB, 182x276px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
10KB, 182x276px
>>53998914
>ywn have a foil of this
>>
>>54003996
It may be Judge promo... eventually.
>>
File: sidar kondo.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
sidar kondo.png
129KB, 223x311px
I've been playing this Tymna/Ravos list for a while, and have had decent success with it, but I've been noticing that Ravos kind of feels win-more. I'm thinking of swapping him out for Sidar for the extra evasion and being able to splash G.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/o-u-t-o-f-b-o-d-y/

If I do splash green, what's worth adding? So far my short list is:
>Eternal Witness
>Sakura
>Reclamation Sage
>Saffi
>Renegade Rallier
>Gaddock Teeg
>Cryptolith Rite
>Beast Within

What am I missing? Or should I just stick with BW?
>>
>>54003782
Learn to figure out real costs and rewards. How much do you value a win in Magic? How much would you pay for a game where you win at the end? $100, $50, $1? People who play casually usually value a win as low, maybe a few dollars, maybe nothing at all. Competitive people value a win as very expensive, to the point where people in tournaments value wins at 100s of dollars.

Which makes sense. With prizes on the line and money to be won, you come to value a win more, which means valuing a tuned deck which brings wins 5%, 10%, even 1% more often. But you're likely not playing for money. Which means you're overvaluing your win, thinking it's worth $100 when really it's worth $10. Karn might win you an extra 5% of games. If so you should spend 5% of your value of a win on Karn. And as your value of a win decreases, so too does the amount you'd spend on a card.

It stops when you realize that at the end of the day, you're playing for fun, not to win, and that sinking another thousand dollars into it won't increase your fun.
>>
>>54004040
Ramp and dorks are super important. They let you get to the mana you need as fast as you can. Birds and Deathrite at the very least are a must.

Also staples like Exploration, Song of the Dryads, Krosan Grip, Birthing Pod.

You can win a game if Tooth and Nail or Protean Hulk resolves. Chord of Calling can also put a wincon in instant speed in field and you should consider it.
>>
File: 1461006137887.png (277KB, 481x351px) Image search: [Google]
1461006137887.png
277KB, 481x351px
>>54002938
that sounds like epic fun, anon
>>
>>54004291
I'm trying to not push the deck too far into being a ramp into T+N or Hulk direction, since I already have decks that do those things, and they do those things. I'd like to keep the deck's style being a grindy, aristocrats deck.So far, the deck's low curve and solid amount of draw has made mana not a huge issue for the deck.
>>
>>54004444
>since I already have decks that do those things, and they do those things.
*I already have decks that do those things, and they do those things better than Tymna/Sidar would.
>>
>>54003782
>tfw bought a playset of karn before his price exploded

Feels good.
>>
>>54003782
Every paycheck I buy something nice from my store. I was literally throwing money at the thrill of opening packs, so I limit myself to $50-$100 for a couple of singles because I can afford it. It's better buying the occasional expensive single than splurging all at once. Crypt and Karn can literally go in any deck so they're generally fine, but getting a FOW and never playing blue is just dumb.
>>
File: domineeringwill.full.jpg (90KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
domineeringwill.full.jpg
90KB, 240x345px
>dude, attack the other guy
>>
File: thingken.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thingken.gif
458KB, 256x256px
What player archetype do I fall in?

I've finally figured out what I like, and it's value. Big creatures are fun for me, but only if they bring me great VALUE when reanimated or cheated in. Intricate synergies are also fun for me but only if they bring me VALUE. And I also like to win but only when I win with VALUE
>>
>>54004949
stax
>>
>>54003782
Good job
>>
>>54004949
>VALUE
literally Spike
>>
>>54003782
The hype dies down pretty fast, just keep yourself in check until then.
>>
>>54004099
Buying more cards can definitely increase your fun if you have fun playing cards that happen to cost money or if you use the money to build multiple decks and enjoy playing them all.
>>
>>54004099
>It stops when you realize that at the end of the day, you're playing for fun, not to win, and that sinking another thousand dollars into it won't increase your fun

I think you are equating spending more money with winning more, and that's just not true. If it was, I would win more just because I foil my decks out.

When I buy an underground sea, it isn't so I'll win more (seriously, it's a fucking land that makes 1 mana, it's worse than command towers, and the difference between it and a shock will literally never come up if you are rocking FCT, and it's almost always negligible in casual games) The reason I buy an underground sea is simply because I like playing with and owning one.

Equating how much you spend with your win percentage is a rookie mistake bad players make for themselves so they have an excuse when they don't improve. Don't try to hate on people that pimp decks because you're broke.
>>
>>54005068
ya but i hate playing combos or blowouts because they don't provide any value, they just win games. however i feel tickly inside when i play gift of immortality on a solemn simulacrum with a sac outlet out
>>
>>54005110
>so they have an excuse when they don't improve
Welcome to 90% of EDH players
>>
File: Image (88).jpg (23KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (88).jpg
23KB, 223x310px
Post underrated 1-drops
>>
>>54005126
Johnny is the combo player. Value is Spikey for sure. Being a Spike doesn't mean you are an autistic grinder scumbag Spike.
>>
Thread Question: Yes, absolutely. Half the fun of Enthralling Victor was Victor's enthralling looks and the awe on the goblins' faces. I'd love to see more of that amount of sillyness.

My Question: Holy fuck, I cannot find four more cards to cut. Just four (4) cards. Help me /tg/. Anything and everything is up for debate, but I have a good reason to be running pretty much everything on the list.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zada-ink-treader/
>>
>>54005306
Spike doesn't care about value, combo, big or small plays. Spike just wants to win and will utilize whatever avenues available within the game to achieve it.
>>
>>54005356
Except that value is that which brings you a greater chance of winning.
>>
>>54005110
>Equating how much you spend with your win percentage is a rookie mistake bad players make for themselves so they have an excuse when they don't improve.
I disagree, but only partly. If you are spending money on things like foils and dual lands then of course no one should be equating that to a better win precentage. However, when you can afford an austere command in every deck versus the player who can only afford wrath of god, well then you are clearly spending money on cards that do infact help you win more. Our format is so extremely varied that cards which grant you more options on what they do on a signel card, at any given point in the game, are easily better than their pauper counterparts. Granted I understand in a singleton format its harder to win just by virtue of having good cards because luck comes in to play for what you draw off your library, but there is still a correlation.
>>
File: 15581_200w.jpg (28KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
15581_200w.jpg
28KB, 200x285px
This thing seems to be pretty sweet with the scarab god. Evoke it, draw two then reanimate it later, draw two and get a 4/4 zombie with flying?
>>
>>54005407
Except Spike doesn't run Sad Robot
>>
>>54005407
>Except that value is that which brings you a greater chance of winning.

so does playing lands
>>
>>54005491
Scarab is basically a etb abuse engine.
>>
>>54005475
First of all the difference in price here is just five dollars, so it's hard to act like austere is a pricy card. Second off, austere command isn't better than wog. They are both good cards, but when one is better than the other is completely situational. There are decks and metas that fit one but not the other.

This is what I mean when I say the excuse is for bad players. You think wrath of God is worse than austere command just because it's less expensive.
>>
>>54005643
I was thinking of building sedris unearth with worldgorger + animate dead for infinite mana + keeping the creatures I unearth but I think I will just do scarab god etb instead. I mean the scarab god can also reanimate eldrazi titans which sedris can not.
>>
>>54005491
mulldrifter is excellent in any deck that loves to reanimate/recur/flicker

at worst it's a 3-mana draw 2

at best it's a card that brings you constant value throughout the whole game

it's very powerful in a subtle way. and it's a common too!!
>>
>>54005781
You can build UGX stuff and have it be really stupid for cheap, the biggest expenses are probably going to be the lands but thankfully there's things like checklands and painlands to build a manabase with who are also cheap.
>>54005764
Scarabman also doesn't incur general tax unless he gets exiled so that's fun too.
>>
so which of the new gods is the best commander? personally i think its the scarab one but locust is a close second
>>
>>54006116
they all look great but scarab is the best dimir commander so far
>>
File: Image.png (143KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
143KB, 223x310px
Why did rainbow commanders have to be so shitty? Literally none of them have any synergy that isn't explicitly tribal. Even then, the non-sliver tribals are still awful.
>>
File: Ramos-Dragon-Engine.jpg (23KB, 265x357px) Image search: [Google]
Ramos-Dragon-Engine.jpg
23KB, 265x357px
>>54006361
At least we'll get Ramos.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54006361
>>
>>54006361
Excuse you.
>>
is it possible to make a good zombie deck without all the $10 lords?
>>
>>53999291
>he wants to play againts combo decks with access to wish
>>
>>54006421
Holy shit I'm so excited. He can literally be any deck and be equally effective. I'm thinking Bant Bombs, and I plan on giving him a stupid amount of counters then shitting out game winners.
>>
>>54006456
the lords are usually the weakest part of a zombie deck actually. you're honestly better off just playing just the REALLY good zombie token generation spells, a few good anthems like eldrazi monument and so on, and then thinning your deck out with blue cantrips/draw, assuming you're in blue.

making a zombie deck with all the shitty zombies released over the years is a horribly boring and weak deck archetype

i have a zombie tokens deck prototype laying around if you want to take a look at it
>>
>>54006431
>hard to cast with hyperspeciffic cost
>can still be sacrificed
>10/10 makes it good for swinging and blocking, but it doesn't fly
>latter ability is useless in commander

Prog a shit.
>>
File: smug anime girl.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>54006493
>he wants to ban things he is too stupid to figure out how to beat
>>
A while ago, an ambitious anon dug through all magic cards and made a comprehensive list on tappedout of all waifus in Magic. Granted, the list was 500-600 cards long, and people had opinions about it, but I remember the endeavor. Does anyone have the link lying around?
>>
>>54006777
Google it jackpot.
>>
>>54006830
If I hadn't spent the last hour doing so, and turning things up dry, I wouldn't be here. I see you're in a contributing mood.
>>
>>54003996
>Liking foils

I'm quite happy with the fact it comes in old frame
>>
>>54000150
Well, for starters, it could only be Athreos, Daxos, Teysa, Kambal, or Tymna.

Tymna by herself wouldn't make much sense, except that you're very obviously sticking to this CMC 3 theme. I don't think there are enough good CMC 3 black enchantments to support Daxos. Teysa requires disposable creatures, which seems like it would be hard to get a lot of from just CMC 3 cards.

Between Kambal and Athreos, I'd guess Athreos.
>>
>>54006361
>Child of Alara
>Cromat
>Progenitus
>explicitly tribal
>>
>>54004021
It's on the reserve list.
It's from Antiquities, which I think might mean it's the first or tied for the first reference to Phyrexia on a card.
>>
File: Elves of Deep Shadow.full.jpg (171KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Elves of Deep Shadow.full.jpg
171KB, 480x680px
>>54006777
>>54006830
>>54006940
Mai waifu.
>>
File: grandmother-sengir-cropped.jpg (62KB, 298x429px) Image search: [Google]
grandmother-sengir-cropped.jpg
62KB, 298x429px
>>54006777
We all know who the best waifu is anyways.
>>
>>54006777
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/tappedout%20waifus/
>>
>>54006940
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/waifus-2/

This? I can't believe I googled mtg waifu list tappedout for someone.
>>
>tfw no loli commander
>>
>>54007182
>>54007201
How in the everloving fuck. I searched both with "tappedout waifus mtg" with no results. What is this shit
>>
>>53999417
>sheep in the back ground and not a goat
>>
>>54007119
most powerful waifu
>>
File: rashmi.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
rashmi.png
145KB, 223x311px
what kinda havoc can i make with this guy? always wanted a simic commander but honestly it seems like it would be better in the 99 of a 3 color deck or something
>>
>>54004949
Timmy. It's not limited to Thorn Elemental, y'know.
>>
>>54007201
no elesh norn 0/10
>>
File: 9.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Are you a bad enough dude to play this 1cmc tutor?

I ran it in a Shadowborn Apostles deck once as it could grab an apostle or swamp without any risk
>>
File: Emmara-Tandris-Art.jpg (266KB, 750x549px) Image search: [Google]
Emmara-Tandris-Art.jpg
266KB, 750x549px
>>54007783
No Emmara tandris either, which is a shame.
>>
>>54006116
Converting Melek to Locust now. Scarab may be better but coastal piracy+breath of fury is lulzy as shit.
>>
>>54007790
It's played in a tier 1 deck since you can go all-in with it.
>>
>>54007783
Elesh Norn is under "sideboard" actually
>>
>>54007006
>not wanting the foil bubble-frame
>>
>>54007790
pretty spicy budget tutor. smaller chance than gamble to flub, but a gambling mans sort of tutor.

first time i used it i went through most of my deck. but the other guy had happened to gank another card i needed to insta win with gonti. if i searched for another card i wouldve milled myself out. never again except with a ballsy or gimmick deck.
>>
>>54007843
I was going to say that this with Labman in a doomsday pile is nuts.
>>
>>54007666
>this guy
>>
>>54007790
I use it with Lab Man
>>
>>54007889
Hmm. Acceptable.
>>
i recently moved and i have joined my new local EDH group, but they play with fucking custom commanders. one of them in particular is screwing me over

wallace, the notorious
4UB
legendary creature - human bard

indestructible

all other black creatures you control have menace

on each opponent's upkeep, they must improvise a 4-line freestyle rap that rhymes. if they fail, that opponent may only cast one spell until their next upkeep

and i cannot ever manage to pull this supremely retarded bullshit off

what the fuck should i do aside from making a commander that negates this effect
>>
>>54008097
sorry, it's also a 3/4
>>
>>54008097
Stop playing with imbeciles.
>>
>>54008114
these imbeciles are the only edh players in an hour's radius. i live in a town of 3,000 for work.
>>
>>54007959
You can also name Food Chain in Taziri
>>
File: 3c7.gif (939KB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
3c7.gif
939KB, 255x164px
>>54007201
>no Nin, Titty Artist
>>
>>54008097
>custom commanders

kys yourself
>>
>>54008097
Nevermore with a commander that can tutor nevermore reliable?
>>
>>54008097
>>54008126
Just join an online community or something, only play a few games a week with your resident autists. That way you're not being dragged down by all your games revolving around custom commanders, but you still get your socializing.
>>
>>54008126
Shoot up a school. :)
>>
>>54008097
>When ~ enters the battlefield, choose an opponent.
>That opponent cannot cast his or her commander.
>At the beginning of that opponent's upkeep, that player must improvise an 8-line freestyle rap that rhymes. If that player can't, he or she loses the game.
>>
File: 1455163948768.jpg (95KB, 829x687px) Image search: [Google]
1455163948768.jpg
95KB, 829x687px
>>54008163
>tfw been playing a Nin Titty Tribal for a few weeks
>tfw Sphinx Ambassador exists
>tfw nobody in the playgroup has figured out the theme yet
Pure bliss
>>
>>54007974
>plis no bully ;_;
>>
File: enter-the-dungeon.jpg (84KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
enter-the-dungeon.jpg
84KB, 480x680px
>>54008097
I mean I'd be alright with the first and second part but that last part is just retarded.

That's like making a commander that's indestructible and has the enter the dungeon effect.
>>
>>54008097
Use Frankie Peanuts as your general or in you 99 with a good way to get him into play. He costs less than this rap legend so you can use him to force that opponent to not cast their general. Or just use Frankie Peanuts to ask him to kys himself.
>>
File: 78.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
78.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54007790
I run Spoils of the Vault in several decks. I have a 5-color deck built around Approach of the Second Sun. Basically you play control, drop a Mana Flare effect, then cast Approach, Spoils, Approach on the same turn.

Spoils is the most powerful tutor in the game. It costs one mana and instantly puts any card in your deck into your hand. It just has a slight drawback in that it occasionally exiles your deck and you die.
>>
File: 164.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
164.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>54008385
>Approach of the Second Sun
Not a bad idea. The problem with Spoils and Consultation is that if you have a 2-card combo, you can potentially exile one of the 2 cards when you tutor for the other. Obviously that's offset if you already have 1 of the pieces in hand or it's a 1-card combo.

I use Tainted Pact in my 5-color since it can be either a tutor or an Impulse depending on my needs. I only use 10 basics in that deck, half snow.
>>
File: 1413462044694.gif (532KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1413462044694.gif
532KB, 320x240px
>>54008097
>Fuk-Yu Wallie
>1RWU
>Legendary Creature - Bird Wizard
>Hexproof, Flying
>While ~ is in play, if any permanent your opponents control would make you rap, you may instead have that permanent's owner suck your dick. If they don't swallow they lose half their life, rounded up.
>4/4
>>
>>54005645
Austere is expensive for some people. Not everyone who plays magic is A. an adult, or B. employed. I chose a cheaper staple on purpose for my example. You're thinking of it as one card thats $5 more expensive than another. You have to think of it as one of 70 -80ish cards that can each be upgraded by as few as $5 and as much as $200 or more. I think austere command is a good example because it is wog if you play it that way, but it's also mass enchant removal or mass artifact removal. It has modes, which makes it better than wog almost completely. The only difference is the casting cost, and in edh we all know that mana is not usually difficult to come by. If its not clear yet, I don't think wog is worse because its less expensive. I think its worse because its limited in scope. A limit that can be removed for the price of a few extra dollars.
>>
>>54008097
Literally just play Eon Hub.
>>
>>54007201
>no original Braids
>no thraben valiant

shit taste
>>
>>54007012
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-01-17-threes-company/
>>
>>54008518
Except that mana is a huge deal. If you play austere instead of wog vs decks like Edric, elves, or goblins they will get huge value ot possibly kill you. Similarly if you play an enchantress deck that also has a fair number of dorks, austere command suddenly loses a lot of it's versatility.

Mana cost matters, it why people play swords more often than scour from existence.
>>
>>54008211
Got a list?
>>
>>54008518
WoG costs only 4 mana compared to 6. Austere Command costs more mana than cards that can do what it does but it has tons of options so you get something for your mana and can tailor it to fit your situation.

It's retarded to try and argue that Austere Command is "better" than WoG though. It costs more money primarily because it has been printed MANY fewer times than WoG and the prices of these two cards is not indicative that one is better than the other.
>>
>>54007119
Bitch is like straight from Junji Ito manga
>>
>>54008831
Not online, basically just grab every titty monster in Izzet colors and some choice artifacts like Bronze Bombshell and put em in a deck. It's not particularly good but I have my fun with it. Especially because Nin is my magic waifu
>>
>>54006562
>doesn't fly

did you read the card?
>>
>>54009219
he meant it can't block flyers
>>
>>54008097
i frequent fucking /ccg/ and even I can see the sheer level of fucking autism this is

custom commanders are only fun when t1 and most t2 commanders are generally more powerful

You should literally only allow custom commanders via entire group consensus and even then only to do things that make sense/people want to play, ala red-blue artificer, warrior or knight tribal, etc.

The most important part is group consensus and allowing edits- even then you open the door for autism but customs can be fun if they're done carefully and correctly
>>
File: Onward.gif (963KB, 364x272px) Image search: [Google]
Onward.gif
963KB, 364x272px
>Tfw you Sunforge a Deflecting Palm to kill the Breya player with their own Aetherflux
>>
File: 1365462678088.png (96KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
1365462678088.png
96KB, 800x540px
>Scion player engages in exclusively shotgun diplomacy and bitches when their commander gets countered.
>>
Why is Coalition Victory banned when cards like Tooth and Nail are fine?
How is one of every colour+3 mana and your 5 colour commander harder to have in play than casting a 9 cost in green?
>>
>>54008097
>a rap general
That's the gayest shit in the multiverse.

Here's what you do:
1WU
Flying, Shroud, Indestructible
Opponents play with their hands revealed.
0/2

See this? It's literally telepathy. A hard to kill Telepathy.

What does Telepathy have to do with anything?

It does two things: 1) You get to play the fun police. They are now your bitch. You pack ways to play politics and play smart with counters; and 2) You are passively enforcing them to be wary of board states and make better threat assessments.

Build it politics or build it fun police control. Either way: shake their games up and make them twist their panties in a "lol fun gaiz" envirionment they made.
>>
File: 156.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
156.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
So I got hit with Black Sun'z Zenith. Most of my creatures die that I lost devotion, but will my God still retains its negative counters once it loses its creature type?
>>
>>54011433
Yes. If it was reduced to 0 toughness at the same time as everything else, its toast (SBAs will catch all creatures simultaneously). If its left with 1 toughness but not enough Devotion, it'll hang around as an Enchantment with a bunch of -1/-1 counters on it.
>>
>>54011452
Nice to know. Thanks!
>>
>>53999123
What do you see as your endgame here? I'm missing how you win the game.
>>
File: raginggoblin.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
raginggoblin.png
133KB, 223x311px
>>54005280
>>
>>54010928
Because timmy
>>
>>54005327
Fiery Gambit
Kari Zev's Expertise
Shattering Spree
Word of Seizing
>>
File: booker.png (226KB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
booker.png
226KB, 420x314px
>>54008196
>>54008486
>>
File: big_1428024119_image[1].jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1428024119_image[1].jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Is it okay to ally with a friend to kill the most OP decks on the table?

Two of my friends play Prossh and Breya, the games are not very fun as a result.
>>
>>54013650
If they're not gonna be immature sore losers about it, go ahead. Politics is part of EDH. However, If the decks are just consistently way too good, talk to them out-of-game about it.
>>
>>54013650
Is it politics or secret two-headed giant? The former gives the table the ability to interact and doesn't skew your threat assessment while the latter is unspoken, hidden from the table except when it can be inferred, and causes you to overlook threats your ally is playing that you otherwise would keep in check.
>>
>>54013650
People in my last playgroup used to loudly whisper "SECRET ALLIANCE" to other people when someone was on their way to becoming Archenemy.
>>
>>53999123
Intro pack lili actually doesn't seem that bad for edh
>>
>>54013976
She is.
>>
File: 1417421103752.jpg (67KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417421103752.jpg
67KB, 852x480px
>There are people in this very thread who play EDH online
>>
File: 1493658442856.png (2MB, 986x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493658442856.png
2MB, 986x1500px
>>54011837
Its mainly keeping low profile until I draw my tutors or my main draw engine (Nest of Scarabs + Blowfly Infestation/Skullclamp), or Hidetsugu + Wound Reflection.

I do agree that I need more wincon enablers. Any suggestions that I should add or cut out? I don't want to spend more money on this deck, the expensive cards on this list are mainly leftover cards I have.
>>
File: 1462986750232.jpg (120KB, 674x672px) Image search: [Google]
1462986750232.jpg
120KB, 674x672px
>>54014140
>There are people in this very thread who play EDH
>>
>>54014160
Get a Murderous Redcap and Grim Poppet. Mikaeus and Redcap with a sac outlet is an infinite combo. Grim Poppet is good utility for turning "each creature gets a -1/-1 counter" effects into removal, and also lets you recur things infinitely with Mikaeus. You may also be able to abuse Geralf's Messenger.
>>
File: 819.jpg (29KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
819.jpg
29KB, 620x400px
>>54014186
>There are people in this very thread
>>
File: 1494452508012.jpg (24KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494452508012.jpg
24KB, 369x434px
>>54014140
>There are in people in this very thread who play EDH to win
>>
>>54006777
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/waifus-2/

Saved it. seems like the goal was to be entirely discerning? still, it's a half-decent reduction from the list of all cards
>>
File: 1401857894411.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1401857894411.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>54014291

>There are people
>>
>>54010928
It's because Sheldor says that Coalition Victory is a bad feels card since its only purpose is to win the game, but Tooth and Nail is perfectly fair because you can just use it to get a Craw Wurm and an Elvish Mystic.
>>
Can you build an angel tribal deck without it being shit?
>>
>>54008163
>>54007825
Fixed

>>54007783
Sideboard

>>54008784
>original Braids
Not commander legal, but Sideboard now.

>shit taste
The goal is no taste filter.
>>
>>54014508

No, angels just have zero synergy.
>>
>>54014508
Jenara, Flip Avacyn, Sigarda, Kaalia, or Bruna. Keep in mind it'll just be angel goodstuff.
>>
>>54014489
Well, that makes more logical sense than a number of his other calls.
>>
>>54005306
Johnny isn't necessarily a combo player, it's just that most Johnnys happen to be. Johnny is big on synergy, cool interactions, and making their own ideas work. Spike is all about winning. They don't care how they win, they just want to win (unless they're a Johnny Spike, in which case they value winning, but want to do it their way). I'd say anon here is a Johnny with Timmy leanings. He wants immediate and obvious value and likes to get it through card interactions.
>>
>>54014561
>Not waiting for C17 to give us 5 new Angel commanders
>Half of which are not even close to viable
>>
>>54014800
I hope we get the BW Angel that Avacyn killed.
>>
>build Karlov
>fill with card draw, removal, threats and lifegain
>after turn 4 it feels like every draw is total crap and I never see what I want
>even with phyrexian arena
I think my problem is that I spread the deck too thin
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/presents-from-your-uncle/
>>
>>54014140
>There are people in this very thread who play EDH online
Hi!
>tfw you have to re-buy your landbase online after finally getting a decent land base in paper
this is why I will never play in the competitive 1v1 rooms, causal crap for me, guildgates and vivids all day.
>>
>>54015228
>Dark Ritual when you aren't trying to Storm
>Ranger of Eos when you have only two targets
>No Archangel of Thune

Don't you think that's a bit silly?
>>
>>54015386
dark rit was because I ran out of rocks
at least it gets you turn 1 necro or arena!
I dont own an archangel and they are like 25 bucks now

yeah I could work on the ranger of eos package for sure, any suggestions?
>>
File: overwhelmingsplendor (1).jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
overwhelmingsplendor (1).jpg
36KB, 265x370px
I love everything about this, other then its mana cost.
>>
>>54015456
Holy fucking shit, that's amazing, and ironically, the top of my curve in Elesh Norn. That's going to make some people cry.
>>
File: 1496332719170.jpg (118KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496332719170.jpg
118KB, 571x800px
>>54015456
>>54015456
it made me blush!... :3
>>
>>54015456
Nice.
>>
>>54015412
My suggestion would be not having a Ranger of Eos. It's not what this kind of deck is trying to do.

Things I'm not seeing that I feel like I should be seeing:
>Anguished Unmaking
>Blood Artist
>Divinity of Pride
>Orzhov Signet
>Serra Ascendant
>Suture Priest
>Vampire Nighthawk
>Well of Lost Dreams

Unless you're playing 1v1, cut the discard crap. Even if you are, you don't have half as much as you'd need to ever rely on it, and in multiplayer you'll never have enough to rely on it if you're always going after "target player".
>>
>>54015456
I like it
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54015456
Very nice
>>
>>54015479
Elesh Norn is CUTE!
>>
>>54015470
That's not ironic. That's coincidental.
>>
>>54015279
MTGO?
>>
>>54015479
Yo I wanna FUCK that Praetor.
>>
>>54015456
excellent for stax variant edh decks
>>
>>54015646
yes
>>
>>54003943
Doublestrike and double damage work nice with aggro Saskia, adding Static Orb, Winter Orb, Hokori and other such effects can lock the board nicely while You bash enemies to death.
>>
>>54015456
Spicy
>>
File: refusetocooperate.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
refusetocooperate.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
Alright /tg/. How spicy can it be?
>>
>>54015877
FINALLY ONE THAT IS AN INSTANT

Fuck wotc and their trash sorceries for scrubs.
>>
>>54015877
Both are good ways to prevent infinite mana into an X cost spell.
>>
File: unravelingmummy.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
unravelingmummy.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
Is Orzhov Zombies even doable in Commander?
>>
>>54015877
This is a good card I will never use because it looks stupid
>>
>>54015926
Ravos/Tymna.
>>
File: championofwits.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
championofwits.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
Seems like a bad way to get cards to me.

Also, The Scarab God should like this: http://mythicspoiler.com/hou/cards/ammiteternal.html
>>
>>54015456
>or loyalty abilities
Fuck, why is WotC riding walkers' collective dicks so hard? It seeps into goddamn everything.
>>
>>54015926
You could try Esper zombies with Ertai the Corrupted. Sadly, there isn't a good BWx zombie commander besides Daxos and he hardly counts.
>>
>>54015503
I agree with all this anon's suggestions except for cutting Ranger of Eos. He can grab quite a few good cards for Karlov: both soul sisters, Serra Ascendant, Mother of Runes (for protecting Karlov), and Viscera Seer (for blood artist triggers, and a utility sac outlet).
>>
>>54015926
This meme of making a single gold uncommon for two-color combinations in every single set is so old. They're just phoning in sets with this checklist of things to include like "rare blue clone", cycle of gold uncommons, "copy target spell", etc.
>>
>>54015926
yeah take a standard mono black list
add land tax, Swords to plow, disenchant and return to dust
then make atheros your commander
bam
zombie list
>>
>>54016152
Imo Athreos is really bad for zombies since he shuts down any fun infinities like Nim Deathmantle.
>>
>>54016001
You mean Scorpion.
>>
>>54016182
Oh that would be true wouldnt it.
Partner commanders are pretty strong though, Ive been using them in bw good stuff after they released. (they dethroned obzedaddy) and its been a real treat to pilot
>>
>>54015456
If I cast clever impersonator while this is enchanting me, can I make a copy of this with the impersonator?
>>
>>54016244
Yes. You don't control it "as" it enters the battlefield, so it's ability is unaffected and it will still enter as a copy.
>>
>>54004949
Try Alesha Reanimator feat. Recruiter of the Guard, Sun Titan, Karmic Guide, and Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Try Mimeoplasm feat. Death's Shadow and Inkwell Leviathan (and Tainted Strike)
Try Assault Suit Ruhan.
>>
>>54015877
Parallectric Feedback with upside: spicy
>>
>>54016244
>>54016276
You're right, but for the wrong reasons. You control it the whole time, but it's a static ability, not an activated ability, so it's not affected.
>>
>>54016501
You're wrong. You do not control it until it enters the battlefield, otherwise it would be affected by the part where creatures you control "lose all abilities".

Humility has been a card for 20 years, check any of the countless rulings regarding Humility and clone effects.
>>
File: iona.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
iona.png
124KB, 223x311px
I've been getting annoyed with my group and their shitty antics, and beating them quickly isn't enough, I want the bad times to last at least an hour or two. I want to build a deck solely dedicated to getting Iona into play as quickly as possible, whether she's the commander or not.

What would you recommend for the deck?
>>
>>54016876
Pretty sure that's Kaalia. It contains all the necessary ingredients, white for Iona, black to tutor for Iona, red to give haste to Kaalia, and Kaalia to force her out.
>>
>>54016753
Whoops, sorry, I was thinking of the last ability. My bad.
>>
>>54016876
Captain Sisay. Green to ramp, Sisay to tutor for Iona, or whatever else to slow the game until you can grab Iona.
>>
>>54016956
that's a good point. i've already got a sisay enchantment deck, i could totally just slot iona into it.
>>
>>54015456
I think this is as close as we've got to "Destroy target player"
>>
File: open the door.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
open the door.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>54017066
i think you may be forgetting something
>>
>>54017066
Still dies to Krosan grip tho'. Also >>54017116
>>
>>54017116
>i think you may be forgetting something
Yup, so I was.
>>
>>54017116
>>54017422
i can't wait to build bad ramos decks later this year
>>
>>54014526
Maybe try making a thread if the criteria is "at least mildly appealing to somebody" and/or "cool design"

Sly Requisitioner
Scrapper Champion
Hanna's Custody
Aegis Angel
anime Chandra
Glissa the Traitor
Godhead of Awe
Overbeing of Myth
Quickmith Spy
Sly Requisitioner
Sigil Tracer
Elusive Tormentor promo

my contribution
>>
>>54016001
>7 mana for draw 4, discard 2
>>
File: god pharaoh.png (284KB, 329x451px) Image search: [Google]
god pharaoh.png
284KB, 329x451px
>>
>>54017537
thats it? fuck thats bad. I was thinking something else with that other tutor card for it
>>
>>54017578
it could be interesting with parallel lives, but exiling my reanimation targets and only bringing them back as 4/4s is the opposite of what i want to do most of the time.
>>
>>54017578
It seems like the tutor card for it was mostly for the sake of the story.
>>
>>54017537
I had no expectations and am still disappointed
>>
>>54017537
>dude that effect is pretty sweet much better than Séanc...
>7 mana
yuck
>>
File: gatetotheafterlife.full.jpg (85KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
gatetotheafterlife.full.jpg
85KB, 240x345px
>>54017537
do they expect me to pay all that mana?
>>
>>54014948
This x 999999
>>
>>54014508
As already said not really.

I just made one with Jenara. Its a big reason I am hoping angels are part of C17, out of all the tribes, they have almost zero-synergy, and I am hoping they can get some.

I was kinda miffed to see dragons get love, they already are decent in commander.
>>
>>54018062
Exactly my reaction. I read the rules text first and then my eyes wandered up to the mana cost.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.