[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 415
Thread images: 49

File: Maro Strikes Again.png (104KB, 1440x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Maro Strikes Again.png
104KB, 1440x1079px
"Can Garfield Save Us From Maro's Autism" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53891107

COMMANDAN NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Weekly Recap
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/announcement-week-and-weekend-recap-2017-06-19

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Why does Maro have a compulsion to tell everyone that they're wrong for liking things from Magic's past?
>>
Repostin

I want to get more competitive and play higher level decks. My playgroup will never be ready, as it is mostly comprised of college students who are mostly constrained by budgets.

What do I run to not shit on them unfairly? I just want to feel like I'm beating a challenge every time. Do I just swallow the pill and become archenemy, or what are some commanders I can scale down for the lower-tier games?
>>
Why do you put loaded questions in the OP?
>>
File: 1497243515633.gif (33KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497243515633.gif
33KB, 125x125px
>>53899722
your lgs probably has comp decks
play comp with them and jank with buds
>>
File: IMG_6472.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6472.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>>53899658
>>
File: SamutMakeover.jpg (201KB, 740x912px) Image search: [Google]
SamutMakeover.jpg
201KB, 740x912px
What's some other art featuring females I can use as alternate art to Samut?
>>
>>53899802
>being this much of a faggot
>>
File: IMG_7382.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7382.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>53899802

There you go you filthy animal.
>>
>>53899802
Speedway Fanatic to keep the speedster theme
>>
>>53899802
JayaBallard. Lovisa.
>>
>>53899802
Google uss iowa
>>
>trex commander is leaked
>want to build around it
>it only has synergies with dinosaurs
>there wont be enough dinosaurs to make iit worthwhile

Honestly, dinos shouldve been lizard beasts
>>
>>53899802
I'm not normally a fan of these sorts of alters, but how about Swanland BBE?

>>53899850
Samut has some really REALLY bad art tho
>>
>>53899869
L-lewd
>>
>>53899850
>liking kangz
>>
>>53899880

There's no way older stuff isn't errata'd back into Dinos, and stuff that should have been a Dino in the first place will be errata'd too. Plus it'll probably become a more supported tribe, with one or two dinos per set.
>>
>>53899658
>complaining about potential tribal erratas when it cleans up older cards, makes reprints easier and give commander players even more option

Piss off.
>>
>turning Zada into mono-r Grenzo
Good idea or terrible one? Grenzo just looks so fucking baller
>>
All the art in the pic (>>53899802) are ones I have already tried.

>>53899870
Not terrible, I do like it fitting the haste theme.

>>53899874
I try and avoid legendary

>>53899878
If it was an artifact creature maybe

>>53899888
BBE isn't a bad choice either.
>>
>>53899985

I think OP is pointing out the fact Dominaria had a ton of different cultures and places, little bit of Africa, Europe, even Japan. But most modern planes have mostly a mono-culture. It's an Indian Plane, a Japanese Plane, an Egyptian Plane.

So Dominaria is going to pared down to a single theme, rather than the huge world it once was.
>>
>>53900100
>So Dominaria is going to pared down to a single theme, rather than the huge world it once was.
Man that fucking sucks. Part of what makes Dominaria so rad is how wildly diverse it is. It's also a fucking huge world so making it all one culture is stupid
>>
>>53900100
>huge world it once was
It literally had almost 30 goddamned fucking sets

There is literally nothing that a single set can do to please the asspained buttbeards screaming for Urza and Yawgmoth to crawl screaming out of their Jr. High memories and literally vomit out ten thousand cards all worth more than a Black Lotus while jerking them off
>>
>>53900100
It could also be a matter of having a mechanical identity. Afterall, it was the mechanical keyword soup that was the most often cited problem with Time Spiral.
>>
>>53900194
Because braindead retards suckling up maro's NWO filth whined that they couldn't understand sophisticated mechanics, only simple Pokemon style "YOU GET BONUS" mechanics
>>
>>53899775
Dear god that kid already looks like a sjw tumblrina trendy hip-to-be-a-nerd, I can't imagine how obnoxious she'll be once she uses her daddy's internet fame to get a "job" in the industry
>>
>>53900170
Yes there is you silly tard. Call it return to dominaria and then describe where we are at like they used to. I dont care if we are in shiv or ontaria but getting rid of one part for another is retarded.
>>
>>53900228
You're retarded. NWO came after the one-two punch of Time Spiral and Lorwyn.
>>
>>53900228
NWo didn't come about because people were complaining. This was before WotC had any social media presence to communicate on. People stopped buying packs. When Tourney attendance is high and sales are low, the bean counters start making decisions and shit has to change.
>>
>>53900290
>after the one-two punch of Time Spiral and Lorwyn
The one-two punch of killer sets with fun and powerful cards.
>>
>>53900233
>getting this pissed off about a child
You need to go outside anon.
>>
>>53900314
>social media didn't exist circa 2008
That's not true, kid.
>>
>>53900317
The one-two punch of cards that are confusing in the hand and cards that are confusing on the battlefield.
>>
>>53900336
Even still, blaming it on people "whining" is inaccurate. People didn't "complain" about it on social media, they complained with their wallets.
>>
>>53900327
Fuck off back to tumblr, or reddit, or wherever you white knighting fuckshits pollute. She's a whore who'll just ride Daddy's coattails to whatever grubby paycheck she can, or she'll sell her body like any other "feminist" in a thousand miles of a game.

>>53900314
Uh-huh, sure, thats why MTG has been in a slow decline for years, because of how much cashflow being pandering SJWs gets them.

MTG peaked in Mirrodin, and then they decided to fuck up the entire game
>>
>>53900413
Even /pol/ wouldn't want you. Kys
>>
>>53900413
>MTG peaked in Mirrodin

Based on sales figures, it peaked most recently in Battle for Zendikar.
>>
>>53900413
>muh SJWs
>insults kids
Just fitting more and more stereotypes anon. Wanna start bitching about how females won't fuck you too?
>>
>>53900413
>I don't like women. My feelings determine a multimillion dollar company's profit.
Please don't reproduce.
>>
>>53900413
Good bait anon. Not incoherent enough to be obvious, not bland enough to be easily ignored. I give it an 8/10.
>>
>>53900413
She's a child, let her choose her destiny THEN bitch about it. Nature vs Nurture, repressive hypothesis and all that.
>>
>>53900413
>MTG has been in a slow decline for years

Return to Ravnica outsold any block in Magic history, then was outsold itself by Theros. Then Theros was outsold by Battle for Zendikar.

The slow decline you're talking about was from Mirrodin onwards, as a result of those oh-so-fun sets like Time Spiral and Lorwyn.
>>
I just realized for monoblack tokens: Throne of the God-Pharoah into Army of the Damned. Any other jank I can do with Throne?
>>
>>53900590
>oh-so fun
>talking shit on TS and Lorwyn
I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU NIGGER
>>
>>53900600
Throne just slots well into any deck that likes to tap a lot, or don't mind tokens not being able to block. I put it into Newzuri alongside Awakening Zone and Rise from the Tides and managed to deal almost 30 damage on turn 5. Didn't even need to cast the elf that game.
>>
>>53900600
Dread Cacodemon works well with Throne. Stepping out of black, Convoke is great. Angel's Trumpet is colorless.
>>
>>53900675
The point is they weren't fun for the average player, which made them bad for business.
>>
>>53900565
She's gonna have one hell of a nature to get nurtured through
>weak pushover dad
>already dyeing her hair
>shitty tumblrina glasses
>obese
>seattle
>>
>>53900681
>>53900703
Very spizy. Thanks.
>>
>>53899802
The former local tumblrite got kicked out of the LGS for trying to kick me out because I said Samut is inhumanly horrid and doesn't look like an egyptian of any heritage ancient or modern.
I am from Suez.
>>
>>53899850
I know right? He forgot to change the stupid name too.
>>
Is it just me, or is mono superfriends a really boring and obnoxious deck to play against?
>>
>>53901025
How do you know what ancient Egyptians looked like anon?
>>
>>53901166
They all looked like spooky mummies. Trust me, I'm an archeologist. I dig them up all the time. They looked exactly like mummies.
>>
>>53901145
It's just you. The rest of us are all in agreement that Planeswalkers are the best and most innovative way to play Magic and also to focus on the rich story of Magic, and none of our families are even being threatened by WotC's marketing team.
>>
>>53901206
Oh sorry anon. I didn't mean to insult an expert.
>>
File: IMG_1763.jpg (133KB, 450x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1763.jpg
133KB, 450x615px
>>53899802
>>
>>53901286
>no human headed Amonkhet god to use Isis as alternate art for
>>
File: What if Shantae was purple.gif (683KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
What if Shantae was purple.gif
683KB, 800x1100px
>>53899802
>>
>>53901382
Just use The Pervert.
>>
What should an Azami deck run to get combo pieces back from the graveyard. The most notable being Mind Over Matter. We have nekusar players and some wheel decks in the meta, and I'm not sure I can keep my hand safe against early wheels.

Is there anything? Run an Eldrazi titan maybe to keep the gas going?
>>
>>53899802
this general is ruined, lets delete and try again
>>
>>53902024
Recall is good for small things. If you've got enough mana you can use it for 2U, discard 1, grab Mind Over Matter and cast it. Codex Shredder is 6 mana, but does grab anything. Other then that, the shuffle in wheels work, though more against wheel decks than Nekusar. Time Spiral, Timetwister, Memory from Commit//Memory, Day's Undoing, especially if you have something like a Leyline of Anticipation out.
>>
>>53901990
But that's fem Anubis
>>
>>53902100
Thanks for the suggestions! The Timetwister effects totally slipped my mind for that purpose!
>>
>>53902037
My bad, I shouldve known.
>>
>>53901166
>DNA studies say all but the very last pharaos had mediterranean/protoaryan DNA and the black pharaos were from Sudan and Libya, not sub-saharans.
>Death masks don't look like sub-saharan africans. They all look like north africans.
>Egyptians who don't have arab blood look mediterranean, northwest-african or nubian, not sub-saharan.
>Jewish art directors make the main character in Egypt-world look like a particularily ugly sub-saharan because their local Bantu-descendant porch monkeys are "oh so ethnic and opressed and need role models".

Gee, I guess western white woman fee fees supersede reality.
>>
>>53902761
>western white woman fee fees supersede reality
>implying this hasn't always been the case
lol
>>
>>53899802
Good job, Anon. That's what I'm going to do if I ever have to pick Samut.
>>
>>53900340
Only if you are confused in the brain.
>>
>>53902980
I'm not speaking from my perspective, I'm speaking from the common consensus of the time. If you are genuinely incapable of understanding that not everyone operates at the same level of competency as yourself and incapable of sympathizing with others, you may have a social development disorder.
>>
>>53899802
wow, after trying to find some pics for this makeover, I've realized that Wizards could've created a new generation of Egyptian Fantasy-themed female art that isn't just snakes on titties (not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's enough of those already).

Imagine: you're Magic AD for the set, you start with picrelated. Give her a bit more sensible clothes, some period-related weapons/armor or an Egyptian-themed staff, what have you -- voila, you got yourself a perfect piece. Get some good artists to produce 50 variations on the theme, add same amount of male counterparts -- you have a set that's in everyone's binders. Then you can pat yourself on the back, knowing that if everyone Ctrl+F 'egyptian' on deviantart in the future, they will see the work you've curated.

But oh well, I am sure they sleep well at night knowing that they've had kangz instead.
>>
>>53903066
Not every game has to be simplified for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>53903210
Not even a pretty quain either, but the niggest of the nig. Dreads, ugly manface, screaming, etc. Look man, I've lived in the ghetto for a while and if I see a screaming sheboon running at me, I'm expecting a fight, especially if the bitch has a knife. I see Samut, and just get uncomfortable, because I've been in the shit and seeing a screaming sheboon reminds me of that time.
Of course, I don't expect seattle suburbanites to actually give a shit about people that have lived in rough areas and had to actually fight to survive. Gotta get that representation in for the social justice points.
>>
>>53903217
Businesses do.
>>
>>53903217
It wasn't the lowest common denominator, it was the average. You vastly overestimate the player base if you think only the least competent or least experienced players had trouble with the two blocks.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
>>53903341
>>53903317
>we could have had 4th dimension magic half storm triggers into parallel tokens by now if it wasn't for brainlets like these
>we could have had a game that based more around your math skills rather than who could spend the most money
>using a brand new form of math exclusively developed for mtg
>Just as Richard Garfield intended
>>
>>53903341
>>53903317
The playerbase is fine. The real transgressor was the Time Spiral block, Lorwyn is perfectly accessible for an average player.

Look, I *was* the kid who was staring at Scornful Egotist trying to figuring out why a 1/1 costs 8 mana. I was sitting on the board full of Organ Grinders and Posessed Avens and whatnot, going 'hmmm' for a minute before passing. But I also remember that Magic was a live game during those times, so don't go trying to tell me that it needed to be simplified to the point where we can't handle +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters at the same time to survive, that's just not true.

I also not denying that simplifying it to the point where IQ90 population can play it (and then giving them representative art) was #worthit from a corporate viewpoint. But I don't share that viewpoint and neither should you unless you are a Wizards stockholder or a IQ90 snowflake. So no, fuck off, Lorwyn was fine and so was Odyssey and Torment did fuck up Limited but it was an enjoyable fuckup and every set should fucking try to be Modern Masters level of draft complexity -- if you are a player and think like a player, those are trivially true statements.
If you want to suck Maros large NWO cock and regurgitate his propaganda as truth, I can't stop you but I can call you a dumb fuck on these blessed boards and not be banned for it so that is what I shall do.
>>
>>53903402
We could have had a dead game that businesses stopped ordering product from because it was rotting on the shelf.
>>
File: samut alternate art.jpg (347KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
samut alternate art.jpg
347KB, 1280x720px
>>53903472
I really wish this was Samut instead of the "speedster" we got
>>
>>53903472
>I also not denying that simplifying it to the point where IQ90 population can play it (and then giving them representative art)
Blacks have an average iq of 80 bruh.
>>
>>53903472
>Lorwyn is perfectly accessible for an average player.

Except history shows that it wasn't. You're holding up your anecdotal experience as a counterargument for recorded sales figures and tournament attendance, and it doesn't discredit those figures to call them "propaganda".

From the prospective of a player, you need other players to play a game.
>>
>>53903546
Wow thats such good art. I don't like living in the alternate universe mcuh anymore. We're definitely universe B.
>>
>>53903585
Outside of the skin color and dreads, she's white
>>
>>53903585
In the other timeline that art was probably never even made
>>
>>53903472
>NWO

You're aware NWO as a policy only affects Commons, right? If you have any complaints about the power level of Rates or anything, you've already stepped outside the purview of NWO.
>>
There are two dinos above jace in the leaked sheet. anyone knows what they say?
>>
>>53903702
Not only does it only affect commons, it only targets complexity in commons. Power level of commons under NWO is solely up to Development costing them appropriately.

Need I remind everyone that Delver of Secrets was printed under NWO? More than that, Innistrad, considered one of the best limited formats in Magic history, was printed under NWO, with MaRo as the Lead Developer. Most people who keep blaming MaRo, who is Design, for the power level of recent sets are actually upset with Development and don't know it, because Development doesn't have a face as public as MaRo.

Think of it this way: Design is the team who put Damnation in M15. Development is the team that took it out.
>>
>>53903813
>MaRo as the Lead Developer

My bad, should say Lead Designer.
>>
File: Tristboogie.png (76KB, 417x309px) Image search: [Google]
Tristboogie.png
76KB, 417x309px
Wtf happened to /edhg/? I was only gone for six hours and a new thread is up and full of spergs arguing over- get this, not magic but a kid. I thought we were here to talk about magic folks.

That aside, need some spicy R-Artifact techs.
>>
Who's the iconic undead/vampire/demon/witch hunter? I'm interested in the closest thing to Bloodborne protagonist, and he fits in Innistrad nicely, but aside from saint Traft, who's only a ghost, I don't recount any of those.
>>
>>53904015
Isn't Olivia the "iconic" vampire?
>>
>>53903988
The part about Maro's kid honestly didn't last very long.
>>
>>53904015
Well, Thalia would be next in line, I suppose.
>>
>>53904025
She isn't the most iconic, but still one of them. The question was about people hunting vampires though, not the vampires
>>
>>53904025
Probably on 4chan because of futa vampire.
>>
>>53903472
>Lorwyn is my favorite block
>Force of Savagery is my favorite card
Feels pretty fucking bad man.

Like, damn I get why it's good for business for them to not make another Time Spiral, but I love those complicated card interactions being part of normal play, instead of just the realm of janky combos.
>>
>>53904015
There's Rem Karolus, who only gets more badass each trip we take to Innistrad, but keep in mind the last time WotC felt so gracious as to "deliver" on a Flavor Text character.

http://magiccards.info/query?q=ft%3ARem+ft%3AKarolus&v=card&s=cname
>>
File: 8a4.png (278KB, 680x473px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.png
278KB, 680x473px
>>53904159
>slayer of undead
>slayer of vampries
>slayer of angels
>slayer of eldrazee
>slayer of whatever the fuck needs to be slain
>doesn't have a card still, when emo twins have multiple cards now
WotC literally why
>>
>>53904327
better for him to be cardless than to end up like ludevic
>>
>>53904159
Holy shit why isn't he a legendary card yet?!?
>>
>>53904377
Wotc would just make him into a tapped destroy target creature
>>
>>53904327
>>53904408
If Humans end up being one of the C17 tribes, Rem would be a viable option for one of the new Legendaries.

I imagine he'd have some protection from non-humans, and/or the ability to destroy non-human creatures.
>>
File: IMG_6405.jpg (43KB, 240x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6405.jpg
43KB, 240x317px
Kneel.
>>
lets pray to the Value gods to ensure that slivers are one of the C17 decks. if they are, im picking one up and using to help build my Sliver overlord deck which is still in construction
>Currently have Nekusar just about built, missing molten psyche, smoke, wheel and deal+minds aglow so using proxies until i get the money to go buy them
>>
>>53904898
are you playing reverberate and company?
>>
>>53903066
>common consensus of the time

You mean the market research Maro cites all time that the public doesn't see? Ravnica,l/Coldsnap/Time Spiral was considered one of the better standard rotations by many based on record tournament attendance. Coldsnap/Time Spiral/Lorwyn had even higher attendance IIRC.
>>
>>53904909
nah i don't play reverberate. do you mean company as in Coco?
>>
is Piracy good edh tech for a format like archenemy? Hmm...
>>
>>53904929
no i meant like twincast and the like
they function as cheap wheels if you have another wheel to play with it

i can't imagine playing nekusar without them
>>
>>53904838
>legendary creature - zombie minotaur warrior

damn, is that the longest title ever?
>>
>>53903571
Sales doesn't translate directly into what's accessible and wasn't.
>>
>>53904838
Fits my Rakdos deck, I like this.
So we will get a B Hapatra and a U Temmet too?
>>
>>53904986
i may consider it. also, things that nekusar can't go without in my opinion are Phyresis and Waste not. these two enchantments are hillarious.
>>
File: IMG_0815.jpg (141KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0815.jpg
141KB, 600x547px
>>53899722
Jank is about what you include in your deck, not playstyle. Jank makes me appreciate my comp deck(s). Shoot for for card draw, recursion, or redundancy over tutors. (Some color combinations need all the help they can get, so take this with a grain of salt. I just hate wasting time shuffling.) If your winrate is still too high (or you play with salty idiots who can't stand inconsistent blowouts) consider swapping out wincons or combo packages with higher cmc versions or more pieces.
>>
>>53901286
Good old AoM
>>
>>53904838
>"This is the ideal red zombie. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like."
> - Nicol Bolas
That type line! Nagas/snakes and jackals/hounds nonwithstanding, I like where wizards is going in terms of creature types.
>>
>>53904838
Good general for an Earthquakes + Fireballs deck.
>>
>>53904838
If Neheb wasn't pitch black that art would have made a sick foil.
>>
>>53905297
The art looks a lot like that blue zombie token they spoiled the other day. Like the spindowns we got too. I bet in foil its gonna looks pretty shiny.
>>
>>53905514
Too dark to make an attractive foil.
>>
File: IMG_6207.png (151KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6207.png
151KB, 300x300px
>>53905033
wotc agents are on their way to your location
>>
>>53905565
>>53905514
Have you ever seen lorwyn era foil like Bloom Tender? In that style he would look glorious but Watzie turned down the foiliness and we'll be lucky if at least his spear will be shiny maybe with the sun.
>>
>>53900413
This. Also, fuck the nu-male white knights in this thread.
>>
Does the new Neheb + Aggravated assault work the way I think it does?
>>
>>53905682
It does, you only need to connect with anything for 5 if already on field or 8 if from hand and with each combat you get more and more mana.
>>
>players didn't like Time Spiral
I started around that time, what were the main complaints? I found it extremely educational because it taught me the corner cases and how Magic actually played, not how new players thought it did. It did not fuck around, everything I know about Magic I learned from Time Spiral, and the main reason I stopped playing for a couple years was the growing realization nothing so beautiful would be made again.
>>
>>53905721
I just ordered my aggravated assault cause that's pretty cool
>>
>>53905751
Time Spiral is usually cited as a favorite block among established players.

It was unpopular among new players due to its mechanical complexity.
>>
>>53899658
>Why does (((Maro))) have a compulsion to tell everyone that they're wrong for liking things from Magic's past?
idk
>>
>>53905751
Time spiral was great, the problem is the brand spanking new players. You know the ones that put every card they own into a pile and that's their "deck". The ones that don't have enough lands because there's only one for every 15 cards in a booster pack?

Despite what you would like, those tards that buy what they can from places like Walmart actually make up a huge portion of wizards market.

When that portion of the market slams down a force of savagery on turn 3 like a retard and their opponent stares at it for 3 minutes straight and says "it's dead" those two kids have to have a big rule argument, and the one proven wrong will likely stop playing and call everything stupid. The opponent with no one to play against stops playing too.

Everyone that knows how to play loved those sets. The people that don't know how to play stopped playing magic.

The people that don't know how to play make up a very large percentage of magics marketshare.
>>
>>53900327
>getting this pissed off about a child
children are our future, anon.
>>
>>53899802
I like that art on samut a lot better
>>
>>53900502
>criticism isnt acceptable
fuck off
>>
Friendly reminder that if you don't have your general in a different colored sleeve, you have no way to resolve corner case rules disputes.
>>
>>53902871
>implying this hasn't always been the case
i mean they didnt always vote
at one point we had the good sense to not just listen to the squeakiest or cutest wheel
>>
>>53904838
>first main phase cast a bunch of crap and ignite memories
>move to combat
>dont attack
>gain a shitload of mana
>past in flames for the win
its a storm deck guys
>>
>>53904838
Can a judge confirm that if I cast Seize the Day on this guy I get another trigger of his ability?
>>
>>53906193
>post combat main phase
no
but you do get multiple attacks that let the damage add up
>>
File: Image (10).jpg (33KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (10).jpg
33KB, 226x311px
Hey /edhg/, I'm working on a Selenia deck featuring pic related. Got a few questions that I'm unsure on:

1. If I have Worship, lich, city of brass, and a creature on the board and I'm at -5 life, if I tap city of brass can I apply the worship effect and have my life 'reduced' from -5 to 1 without lich triggering? Or is it treated as gaining 6 life and then I draw 6 cards off of lich and stay at -5?

2. I can hold priority and respond to my own lethal vapors ability with as many copies as I want allowing me to skip an arbitrary number of turns right?

3. If I have transcendence out with 5 life, cast spoils of the vault naming angel's grace go 60 deep to find it, get dealt 60 damage, transcendence triggers to gain 120, respond with AG, I gain the life and I don't lose and then go on with life right?
>>
>>53906243
>2. I can hold priority and respond to my own lethal vapors ability with as many copies as I want allowing me to skip an arbitrary number of turns right?
yes
idk about the others but this deck seems amazing
>>
>>53904838
DICTATE OF THE TWIN GODS!
FURNACE OF RATH
>>
>>53899722
>I want to get more competitive and play higher level decks
the majority of fast decks, aside from storm, rely mostly on fast rocks to do what they do otherwise they play pretty similar to regular edh decks imo
I play a lot of competitive edh the thing is I always end up going back to casual because its less restrictive and competitive games follow a very predictable turn progression
>>
>>53906193
>>53906211
>505.1a Only the first main phase of the turn is a precombat main phase. All other main phases are postcombat main phases. This includes the second main phase of a turn in which the combat phase has been skipped. It is also true of a turn in which an effect has caused an additional combat phase and an additional main phase to be created.

He'll trigger each additional main phase, because every additional main phase is a postcombat main phase.
>>
>>53906243
If you have Transcendence, over 20 life and an effect that states that you can't lose the game, Transcendence will keep triggering an infinite times, leading to a draw if you can't break the loop.
>>
>>53906486
>>53906243
This, plus it's checked and triggers continuously, so you couldn't do it anyway. There would be another trigger for transcedence on top of the stack when you cast angels grace.
>>
>>53899658
>"Can Garfield Save Us From Maro's Autism" Edition
doubt it

>Why does Maro have a compulsion to tell everyone that they're wrong for liking things from Magic's past?
because then he would have to admit that everyone likes the version of magic he had nothing to do with and that what he has created will never be as good as old magic
>>
>>53906103
I love when you fucking permavirgins try to pretend like you're just providing logical criticism. Dude, you're insulting kids for having colored hair. Go outside.
>>
>>53906486
>>53906548
So how I see it is spoils resolves which deals 60 damage, I go down 60, transcendence's 3rd ability triggers in response to the trigger angel's grace, I can gain the life without dying because (as I currently understand it) the state based action of game loss is prevented by the effect of angel's grace, if there is a case of infinite continuous triggers I'd have to destroy transcendence at instant speed right?
>>
File: c3.png (376KB, 692x477px) Image search: [Google]
c3.png
376KB, 692x477px
>>
>>53906072
This is why I really hope we keep getting sets like Conspiracy even though the last one sold like shit. They need a good place to print weird cards without shooting themselves in the foot by scaring off the casual players.
>>
>>53906752
Huh, it's not rare worthy in a broader sense, but I suppose in this set it is.
>>
>>53906752
Instant non-black EDH staple. Hell I can even see some people playing this over Bojuka Bog.
>>
File: Yidris.png (204KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Yidris.png
204KB, 265x370px
How do build Yidris?
>>
>>53906803
Storm
>>
>>53906792
i wouldnt go so far.
a lot of non-black decks still try to abuse the yard in some way.
that being said, if you are not using your GY in the slightest there is power here.
>>
File: Wheels on wheels.png (148KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Wheels on wheels.png
148KB, 250x250px
>>53906803
Wheels on Wheels
>>
>>53906752
Not great in EDH. You have Bojuka Bog, Tormod's Crypt, Relic of Progenitus, and Nihil Spellbomb, though some of those hate on a specific player's GY. Still, none of them require losing a land. It's not even good in Titania or Gitrog since you'll lose your GY and all those lands.
>>
>>53906752
You get a Bojuka Bog, you get a Bojuka Bog, everyone gets a Bojuka Bog!

>>53906803
Storm, Graveyards and Wheels, Various value spells that cascade onto each other. CYOA.
>>
>>53906828
but there is only like 12 storm cards
>>
>>53906658
yeah because purple haired feminists is a meme with no backing right?
shit, i mean at that age you know the parents encourage it.
>>53906852
you only really need tendrils and mind's desire
oh
and aetherflux
>>
>>53906742
No, you aren't getting it. Transcedence keeps triggering. If you were to cast naturalize targeting transcendence while above 20 life, there would simply be another trigger created on top of the stack that would resolve before your naturalize. If you had a platinum angel out when this started, it would still keep checking.
Over and over again, forever. Nothing else will ever resolve and the game ends in a tie because you can't change steps or phases, either.
>>
>>53906752
>land with activated ability
>oh boy oh boy
>repeatable
>ohboyohboyohboy
>exile graveyards
>oh
>>
>>53906898
it would be amazing if it didnt exile your own shit lol
>>
>>53906658
>permavirgins
nobody ever dreams of being tied up by a liberal lol
>>
>>53906835
Or you play a deck that doesn't use its graveyard and doesn't want to waste a spot for a relic of progenitus
>>
Gonna be gradually upgrading more colors into the initially monored Grenzo piracy theme deck.
Grenzo ->
Tana, the Bloodsower ->
Tana + Ikra Shidi, the Usurper ->
Tana + Silas Renn (just here for the colors and situational utility)

>>53904838
Cool buildaround guy and also perfect in red Grenzo. Translating damaging opponents into mana is a rare luxury and Grenzo doesn't care about having only red mana.
>>
>>53906865
So how does it work, like what is the typical storm turn? Seems like all the storm cards have a stupidly high mana cost.
>>
>>53906961
If you're worried about wasting spots you should ditch Tormod's Crypt, not Relic of Progenitus, which can also draw you a card.
>>
Anyone have experience running Awakening in their decks? I'm thinking of putting it into my Marath with a bunch of Buyback spells.

Also What are some cool Alesha lists to look at? I want to avoid super combo heavy lists, and focus on strong recursion and beaters.
>>
>>53906972
>also perfect in red Grenzo
SHIT THAT'S TRUE you can play monored Steal.dek without worrying about not having mana to cast stuff you exile.

Also I wonder why it took so far to translate damage into rituals, since those are two of the things red does the most anyway.
>>
>>53906835
Excluding bog, those are all dead draws if no graveyards need to be hated out. Sure, a crypt or relic is superior graveyard hate, but this is more general. If you don't need the hate that game (or you don't need it for another 6 turns) this still comes into play untapped and taps for mana. That's why it's good. If you aren't playing nonstop against graveyard.decs this is superior to probably all other graveyard hate. I might like it more than bog, as someone who has bogged empty graveyards to hit land drops, or having instant speed hate.
>>
>>53907005
turning your lands into creatures so they can be blown up easier is fucking retarded
>>
File: 51.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>53907021
I think he's talking about pic related
>>
>>53906874
The only way out is something that can sacrifice Transcendence at a cost, like Faith Healer.
>>
>>53906874
As far as I know, it only creates new truggers on the stack if the conditions are met and there is not already another identical trigger from the same source on the stack. This means you can trigger.
>>
>>53907021
see
>>53907039

I'm thinking of putting it into Marath artifact hate deck.
>>
>>53907064
>and there is not already another identical trigger from the same source on the stack

Incorrecto.
>>
>>53906944
>obvious neckbeard fantasy
I'm sure your waifu loves it when you tie her up anon. She's not like all these 3D whores who refuse to date you.
>>
>>53907005
>>53907039
>>53907068
i thought you were talking about the mechanic, ignore me am retarded apperently
>>
>had to tone down my breya eggs list because it literally became archenemy

what the fuck
>>
>>53907087
>implying I ever talk to women let alone leave the house
>implying you do
>implying posting on 4chan isn't already admitting your loser status
So what decks do you play?
>>
>>53907127
>what the fuck
Please be joking
>>
File: 36.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>53907013
>Steal.dek without worrying about not having mana to cast stuff you exile.
I build my Grenzo by overloading the deck on mana and cutting from my own top-end and it's been working pretty great.

>Also I wonder why it took so far to translate damage into rituals
In green there's Sakiko, Mother of Summer which is one of the reasons I'm going to try RG next.

Tangentially related to life -> mana conversion, there's this guy but he has a hefty price for his services.
>>
File: 1465497864751.gif (806KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1465497864751.gif
806KB, 320x180px
>>53907087
>women like being manhandled
>obvious neckbeard fantasy
>>
>>53907082
JUDGE!

he's right btw.
>>
>>53907127
Don't let WEAK planeswalkers drag you down to their level.
>>
>>53906989
Yes, but that costs 2 mana to "cycle" and it doesn't help you at all if you find out you DO need the graveyard hate 4 turns after that. You just slam this down as your land drop and if trouble arises you can stop it.

It's colorless mana though, so if you are in 3+ colors I can see how it could be a more difficult include.
>>
Looking for card advice for things that untap my lands for my Yidris deck so that I can constantly chain cascade effects.
Also looking for things that make me cast things for free.
Already have: Bear Umbra, Peregrine Drake, Omniscience.

Thanks! (current list is: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yidris-super-duper-cascade/)
>>
>>53907190
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=transcendence

>If your life total is 20 or more and you control an effect that states “you can’t lose the game”, then an infinite loop is formed. If neither player wants to end the loop by removing one of these two cards from the battlefield, the game ends in a draw.

You guys are morons.
>>
>>53907207
Turnabout.
>>
>>53907190
I thought that was "on top of the stack"
Not just "on the stack"
>>
>>53907169
Treasonous was one of my fav CNS cards and is very underrated. The first drafts of a monoGrenzo deck I had were loaded with sneaky little critters to get multiple triggers and lots of artifact mana. But it always felt it lacked much more mana to cast the stolen stuff and my own stuff.

>>53907207
Expertise cycle, untap lands cards like Snap, Turnabout, Early Harvest or Rude Awakening depending on your manabase, Nature's Will
>>
>>53907215
>If neither player wants to end the loop by removing one of these two cards from the battlefield, the game ends in a draw.

yes, you are.
>>
>>53907183
Jesus...bad trips come right back sometimes, don do that, man.
>>
>>53905886
I started playing during Time Spiral and loved it. It's still my favorite set and since I'm not retarded it wasn't too complicated.
>>
>>53904838
relentlessness assault!!!!!!!!
>>
>>53900413
Not even bait. You are 100% correct. Fuck these other triggered anons.
>>
>>53904838
>>53907310
you shithead its inf mana with Aggravated Assault
>>
These brutish and violent red mages need to be put down.
>>
File: thelocustgod.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
thelocustgod.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
>>
>>53907440
Yawn
>>
>>53907440
3/10 you tried
>>
File: 47.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>53907372
the Azorius have too long held us down!
>>
>>53907191
That's right, either enjoy the incredibly specific hate in every deck or risk not getting invited

>>53907372
Found a blue cuck
>>
>>53907440
Expensive mana cost but very good with Arjun. Probably a massive upgrade to any Arjun deck by replacing him as the general.

It's a boring design though.
>>
Original asker here,
>>53907237 brings up the point that it refers to cards on the battle field, what we are dealing with are effects.
>603.8. Some triggered abilities trigger when a game state (such as a player controlling no permanents of a particular card type) is true, rather than triggering when an event occurs. These abilities trigger as soon as the game state matches the condition. They’ll go onto the stack at the next available opportunity. These are called state triggers. (Note that state triggers aren’t the same as state-based actions.) A state-triggered ability doesn’t trigger again until the ability has resolved, has been countered, or has otherwise left the stack. Then, if the object with the ability is still in the same zone and the game state still matches its trigger condition, the ability will trigger again.
If the game loss is a triggered ability then it would continually trigger on stack resolution but if I could get below 20 life or get rid of transcendence at instant speed it would be fine.
614.1. Some continuous effects are replacement effects. Like prevention effects (see rule 615), replacement effects apply continuously as events happen—they aren’t locked in ahead of time. Such effects watch for a particular event that would happen and completely or partially replace that event with a different event. They act like “shields” around whatever they’re affecting.
This would be the Angel's Grace continuous effect shutting down the continuous effect (or triggered ability) of Transcendence (replacing the effect of the game lose with not losing?)
followed up with:
>101.2. When a rule or effect allows or directs something to happen, and another effect states that it can’t happen, the “can’t” effect takes precedence.
From what I can tell, there are two continuous effects that are at conflict and one says that I can't lose the game, this is the best justification I can see for it.
>>
>>53907440
Arjun and Niv-Mizzet's new best friend.
>>
>>53907440
There's something very aesthetically off about this being UR.
>>
>>53907440
>that feel when you can just tell it was incredibly OP at one point and they had to tone it down to this
>>
>>53907440
Why couldn't it be identical, but dimir? Fucking wheels.dek would actually be viable. I know I'd shit out 20-30 tokens with ease.
>>
>>53907440
really strong but fuck thats too expensive for a blue red deck. useless
>>
>>53907440
Looting is overcosted but the triggered ability is build-aroundable.
Strong synergy with Coastal Piracy effects. Obvious synergy with wheels. Decent in Nekusar 99.
>>
>>53907496
>There's something very aesthetically off about this being UR.
SHUT UP!!!!!!
t.wotc
>>
>>53907515
>Fucking wheels.dek would actually be viable
Wheels.dek is UR though, there's a lot more R wheels than B wheels.
>>
>>53906288
My favorite win with it is the time machine win, I zoom off to turn 200 and see if anyone is still around when its my turn again.
>>
>>53907469
Or level up, you small minded fool.
>>
>>53907372
PERHAPS WE COULD DETAIN THEM IN A SPECIFIC ZONE. A RESERVATION IF YOU WILL.
>>
>>53907528
Yes, but Dimir has BETTER wheels, and also necropotence, reanimator and discard to offset mass card draw.
>>
>>53907626
>black wheels
What? There is Whispering Madness and what else?

Red and blue comprise like 99% of all draw-7s.
>>
>>53907626
>Whenever you discard a card, exile that card from your graveyard.
Ye it's GREAT for a Wheels.dek right... You're probably thinking of a Draw.dek, which yeah would be better on UB. But wheeling is done best on UR.

Anyway going Grixis is better than both so you have all the wheels plus reanimation and cards that care about grave contents that are mostly Bx
>>
>>53907440
Why do I feel like Kefnet is just strictly better? I think 3U draw one or 1UR would be better. 2UR is just garbage for looting (yes I know you get a 1/1 flying haste out of it too)
>>
Is Gitrog seen as a unfun commander? I wanted to make a deck with him but I'm afraid he's seen as being not fun and competitive
>>
File: 1487790575511821.png (304KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1487790575511821.png
304KB, 375x523px
>>53907488

Layers, like onions!
>>
>>53907440
Skull clamp + Ashnods altar = infinite haste tokens
>>
>>53907515
I mean you can play it in nekusar wheels?
>>
>>53907671
He suffers from his popularity and being 'solved' like most BG commanders associated with mentality of 'seen one, seen them all'
>>
>>53907676
that's not infinite anon
>>
>>53907657
Maybe because Kefnet doesn't give you tokens everytime you draw a card? Kefnet's activated ability is better but overall Locust is much better.
>>
>>53907671
You'll be fine. Maybe skimp on the strip mine if you're worried.
>>
>>53907710
I know i'm in the EDH thread, but Im looking at this kinda thru that Standard prism. In EDH the Locust God seems much better as a commander. Shit, if it was 2UR draw get token, it'd be a lot better. Looting just seems shit.
>>
>>53907701
>clamp a token, get 2 colorless, draw 2
>2 more tokens
>repeat
Fine, not infinite, it's limited to your deck size until you run out.
>>
>>53907731
When you clamp the token it dies because it's a 2/0, you don't get to answer with Ashnod's
>>
>>53907626
>necropotence and reanimation in a deck that Timetwisters
You're bad at deckbuilding
>>
>>53907676
Not really, you won't even get 80 1/1's before you deck out.
>>
>>53907673
This isn't even talking about layers yet. My Zedruu deck is the real onion. That one has had many times were the playgroup sees a board state, shrugs, and shuffles up for a new game because fuck layers, humility, opalesence, and mirrorweave.
>>
>>53907701
>>53907731
with timetwister or elixir of immortality it is
>>53907738
>necropotence and reanimation in a deck that Timetwisters
>bad
holy shit anon pot calling the kettle black ahaah
>>
File: cranialarchive.full.jpg (92KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
cranialarchive.full.jpg
92KB, 240x345px
>>53907737
what does skullclamp say when equipped creature dies?

what does >>53907440
this say when you draw a card?

also: MORE TOKENS, MORE CARDDRAWS
>>
>>53907737
you clamp the first token, draw 2, create 2 tokens, sac one token, clamp the other. rinse repeat.
>>
Idiot tripfag doesn't realize how much mana Ashnod's makes and how much equipping Skullclamp costs.
>>
File: 1484970168802.jpg (111KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484970168802.jpg
111KB, 674x960px
>>53907737
Oh right, I'm dumb.
>>
File: actually.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
actually.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>53907701
>>53907743

Sorry let me rephrase that, draw your deck get mass amounts of tokens and <> mana.
>>
>>53907657
If it isn't from tribal, either build it as strong as possible, or you won't have much fun. There are many things that hose the deck incredibly well, so you need to make the most out of your plays
>>
>>53907765
it still works to draw your whole deck
which is pretty much a one way ticket to wintown
>>
>>53907723
Looting is great if you have a plan for it. Don't forget, past in flames and cards like it exist. Simply seeing more than one card a turn is immensely powerful, even if you don't get to keep them, you still get to keep the best one. This is constantly underappreciated by a large amount of magic players. Like, they can't understand why anyone would pay 10 off necropotence without a reliquary tower in the deck, let alone on the field. Fixing your hand is incredibly good even without the card advantage, something Brainstorm has been illustrating for years.
>>
>>53907768
That would actually be pretty fun with windfall and an eldrazi titan if you have mana open.
>>
>>53907762
Oh right when you clamp you get two tokens. Yeah that's infinite indeed.

>>53907760
Gemstone Array and a titan work too.
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53907829
or just have Phrexian Altar in your deck.

Do the skullclamp ashnod combo, draw your deck, play phrexian altar, sac tokens to cast your deck
>>
>>53907737
Are you retarded? You get 2 tokens because you draw 2 cards. Sac one for 2 colorless, clamp the other. You net 1 colorless mana every time, which you could use to pay for your next clamp activation, etc.

It would be infinite cards, colorless mana, and tokens if you somehow had infinite cards in your deck (maybe with a discard outlet and wheel of sun and moon or oldrazi, for instance.)

He already said it's just limited by the number of cards in deck, so you are just being a dumb as hell tripfag as usual.
>>
So what I'm seeing is use Skullclamp+Ashnod's and Purph or Goblin Bombardment to win.
>>
>>53907892
or phyrexian altar
>>
File: 1497971741264.png (164KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497971741264.png
164KB, 265x370px
>>
>>53907962
Nice gonna pick up a few of these

>Atraxa
rip
>>
>>53907962
>This
>Decree of Silence
>Force Bubble

Ordering now
>>
ruling question:
Does As Foretold change the CMC of a spell to 0? Meaning if I use it on a spell that costs 7, will I be able to cascade for 6 or for 0?
>>
>>53907976
Doesn't say anything about Walkers. Ezuri, Meren, and Mizxix tho... Also Saskia infect.
>>
>>53908011
It's "cast without paying mana cost" so I'd assume the CMC is the same, you just dont pay it.
>>
>>53903472
Except +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters can be in the same block. It's just that when you mix them up it gets confusing, especially in limited unless you can get different dice.
>>
>>53907962
>Second dark depths combo piece in the set.

Jesus, it's being pushed a bit much, right?
>>
>>53907962
>doesn't hit walkers
How convenient :^)
>>
File: frayingsanity.jpg (53KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
frayingsanity.jpg
53KB, 265x370px
A curse, but that is all I could figure out.
>>
>>53908046
At each end step, cursed player mill X where X is the number of cards that went to his grave from anywhere during this turn.
>>
>>53908046
Fraying Sanity
2U
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant Player

At the beginning of each end step, enchanted player puts X cards from the top of his or her library into their graveyard, where X is the number of cards that went to their graveyard from anywhere this turn.
>>
>>53908011
It does not change the cmc of the spell.
>>
>>53907962
Weird one. Definitely constructed sideboard material although I can't really think of anything specific that it's amazing against other than infect.
>>
>>53908046
Perfect for my glimpse deck
>>
>>53908044
Dark depths enters with the counters already on it.
>>
>>53908093
you play this card first, then DD
>>
>>53908083
Energy decks on standard but they banned Marvel already.
>>
>>53908046
The bottom half of the deck after Traumatize.
>>
>>53907976
>Atraxa
>rip
Doesn't stop superfriends any more than Melira did.
>>
>>53908096
And Dark Depths still comes into play with the counters already on it.
>>
>>53908147
The counters are put on it when it enters. This causes a 0 counters DD to come in the same way Melira makes Grief Tyrant or Etched Monstrosity come in at full strength.
>>
>>53908167
WRONG

If the card said what you claim then people would just run Stifle with Dark Depths. RTFC
>>
>>53908167
As it enters. Not when it enters. There is a difference
>>
>>53904838
He actually might be cool to run in Mizzix for some mana generation.
>>
>>53908194
If the card worked that way, you'd get marit lage immediately and wouldn't have to run anything.
>>
>>53908194
Retard you can't stifle dark depths getting counters because it's a replacement effect not a triggered ability you retard.
>>
>>53908196
There is, but not for the purposes of this card.

It also goes infinite with persist and undying, which both put counters on as a replacement effect.
>>
>>53908285
This is good bait. 8/10.
>>
>>53908323
>Doesn't know the rules, calls people out saying it's bait.

Stay retarded.
You goon.
>>
>>53907962
does it mean creatures with undying can be sac repeatedly?
>>
>>53908311
Yes, for the purposes of this card, the difference is relevant. Dark Deapths enters WITH the counters. The counters are not placed WHEN it enters the battlefield.
>>
>>53908377
yes, persist ones too
>>
>>53908377
It basically combos with everything that these type cards combo with except for Devoted Druid.
>>
>>53908389
Do you think that Melira doesn't combo out with persist creatures too?

You are dumb as hell.
>>
File: crookofcondemnation.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
crookofcondemnation.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
>>
>>53908520
sorry wrong name

>Swarm Intelligence
>>
>>53908520
Should have been the Locust God's static ability.
>>
>>53908520
It's okay, but honestly I'd kinda want more game-ending wack for 7 mana blue enchantment.
>>
>>53908559
That would be my wet dream. Sorry Riku you've been replaced.
>>
>>53908389
Then why does Corpsejack Menace work?
>If a creature you control would enter the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it, it enters with twice that many instead.
>>
Safe to assume an UB God? Bolas Boi in every dual color.
>>
>>53908639
It was confirmed yesterday.
>>
>>53908639
It's not just safe to assume, we were told that already. You're two days behind.
>>
>>53908639
yes it was already revealed by maro. BR, UB and UR
>>
>>53908639
They said there would be Bolas colored gods only.

So yes UB god, then thats it for gods.
>>
>>53904327
He's also the bad dude to give avacyn's spear to thalia so she could kill brisela.
>>
>>53908619
I've already been corrected but thanks anyway.
>>
File: 1482121631033.jpg (407KB, 869x873px) Image search: [Google]
1482121631033.jpg
407KB, 869x873px
>>53908656
>>53908662
>>53908668
>>53908677
I don't read GAME-related news, nerds! Thanks anyways.
>>
>>53908389
This is wrong. By your logic doubling season wouldn't work with Planeswalker loyalty counters. Just because it's a replacement effect doesn't mean counters aren't being put on the card which Solemnity stops. It combos with Dark Depths.
>>
>>53907962
Welcome to hosetown nigga
>>
>>53908194
Yes. Thank you. I was thinking a little too hard about clones and torpor orb while forgetting torpor orbs wording. I would have seen my error if I'd remembered melira.
>>
>>53907962
GHAVE= FUCKING DEAD
>>
File: KrosanGrip.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
KrosanGrip.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53908858
If only there were ways to remove enchantments in g/w/b...
>>
>>53909019
If only people wouldn't be going all in on combos...
>>
File: Ulrich, Uncontested Alpha_EMN.jpg (230KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Ulrich, Uncontested Alpha_EMN.jpg
230KB, 672x936px
How does one make a decent werewolf deck?
>>
>>53908194
OBJECTION!

Stifle only fails because Dark Depths' counters aren't coming from an activated or triggered ability, but rather a replacement effect that modifies how Dark Depths enters the battlefield. Solemnity's ability will still modify that, there's no relation between it and stifle.
>>
>>53909159
By using Xenagos as the commander.

Rely on green for the card draw and hope you can recover faster then people can wipe you.
>>
>>53909159
make it with xenagod at the helm
>>
>>53908520
Seems good, autoinclude for Narset or any infinite turns combo that's worried about fizzling seeing as it's not that much more than an extra turn spell. Might put it in my Riku Epic Spells.dec, seems like it would go fucking ape.
>>
>>53909159
you play legacy because its not going to work in edh
>>
>>53907962
Ezuri players on suicide watch.
>>
>>53909159
ruric thar
>>
>>53909241
I am definitely putting it in my Riku deck. 7 mana is easy to reach when copying ramp spells.

I have been desperately wanting an enchantment like this for EDH as pyromancers ascension doesnt work.
>>
File: IMG_20170609_182046.jpg (35KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170609_182046.jpg
35KB, 600x768px
>>53909159

Add wolves and warrior/soldier/humans and pretend that's where the werewolves come from?
>>
>>53900590
This. I'm betting the new leaks will make Ixalan outsell BFZ.
>>
>>53899880
I mean we'll have ixalan and rivals of ixalan at least. so there's 2 places of dinosaurs.
For a commander deck let's say 1 slot for commander , 37 for lands, 8 mana rocks, 5 removal , 5 card draw, 2 tutors, and that leaves 42 open slots. We should get at least 22 dinosaurs so you could fill the other 29 with good stuff and tribal support so you should be able to make a functioning deck. might not be great but it functions
>>
>>53908858
really? with all the undying/persist creature ghave have. with that card all he needs are blasting station or blood artist
>>
>>53909040
>best removal colours in the game
>gigantic mana base
>able to deal with literally anything, at any time
>can even nuke the board when worst comes to worst
Only complete tards run the "competitive" ghave list. Anyone with half a brain at least has nevrinyal's disk, if not merciless eviction, abrupt decay, mortify, puterify, vindicate, and bane of progress, depending on what you like to run. I'm personally partial to that Tragic Arrogance thing, but seriously, no one runs glass cannon ghave, nor will they ever.

>t. high tier ghave player
>>
>>53909393
Oh it will. The leaks seemed... intentional. I know I'm going balls deep into the next few sets for no real reason.
>>
>>53909159
Ruric Thar to keep people from casting spells for fear of smash.
>>
>>53909277
Because green has zero enchantment hate.
>>
>>53909159
Third for Ruric, we play fairly casual multiplayer so with Ruric and some group slug people are more wary of casting, as long as you ramp up hard enough you can have a fine time of things.
>>
>>53909673
Whats good enchantment removal for red, I am asking for a Mizzix playing friend.
>>
File: 122[1].jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
122[1].jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53909780
>>
File: 246[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
246[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53909780
If you can't smash it, cover it in metal and then smash the metal.
>>
>>53909780
Specifically in red is a bit hard.
You can tuck enchantments with Chaos Warp or random destruction like Capricious Efreet and Tyrant of Discord (specially helpful if you can clone him with Kiki or Feldon), other than that, I'd suggest you to look for answers in artifacts like Spine of Ish Sah, Lux Cannon and Steel Hellkite.
Also, seeing as it's a Mizzix deck, use counters too.
>>
File: Fuck your enchantments.jpg (11KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your enchantments.jpg
11KB, 223x310px
>>53909780
>>
My playgroup was really bad at the game so I made a skeleton tribal deck. As they improve I have been upgrading it. It has become my pet deck and I want to keep it going. Anybody here better at jank than I am have some advice for me? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/athreos-skelly-tribal/
>>
>>53899802
>not realizing the bottom half of Samut's card is the greater eyesore
>>
>>53909872
That's a bit of overkill.
>>
>>53909847
Get in here
>>
>>53906982
Most common ways to play storm is through cheap spells, cantrips and rituals into storm anyway. Good storm decks absolutely need some of the fast mana, though. If not through the mana, but through the mana rock casts anyway.
Some decks just try to generate infinite mana and infinite storm count through like Turnabout + Reiterate or High Tide + Palinchron or something like that, but they tend to be much slower than the ones that require actual thinking.

Yidris is good for Hermit Druid and Doomsday as well, though.
>>
>>53909942
No.
>>
Will the last god be Blue/Black
>>
>>53910009
yeah that was asked and confirmed multiple times in this thread alone.
>>
>>53909502
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing with grixis marchesa. At first I thought "Oh no, another card to hose me"

Then I remembered my shitton of persist and undying creatures. If that card gets played against me I probably win when it resolves, or on my turn.

I think it's going to be played as more of a combo piece than some kind of hosing tech.
>>
>>53909159
By including Dosan the Falling Leaf.
>>
I recently moved to the middle of bumfuck nowhere, and I don't know anybody who plays magic/EDH here. All the local game stores are practically barren. How the fuck do I find an EDH playground?
>>
>>53910748
*playgroup
>>
>>53910748
locator.wizards.com
>>
>>53910840
You're basically redirecting him to local retailers, which as posted provided no answer.
>>
>>53910748
post on craigslist, make sure you post a picture of your boi pussy to attract more potential players
>>
File: PrepareForTheCardYouDontSee.jpg (239KB, 1559x913px) Image search: [Google]
PrepareForTheCardYouDontSee.jpg
239KB, 1559x913px
>>53910748

Ask the stores if you can leave info at register to start one?

> Be proactive, B-E proctive!

Also, I got new cards, I'm happy!
>>
>>53909502
Yeah, but Ghave HIMSELF is 100% dead. Without an Anthem, he enters as a 0/0 and instantly dies. Plus, even if it enables Persist/Undying combos it still hoses your own combos with Doubling Season et. al and Ashnod's.

What I'm really scared of is UWx, with Glen Elendra Archmage becoming a very sticky repeatable U counterspell.
>>
>>53910880

Couldn't you attach an equipment to him just like a germ?
>>
>>53910903
Equipment attach at sorcery speed for the most part. You'd need Sigarda's Aid.
>>
>>53910870
>j.o moxes - gotta inprint those moxes with your mana, best done in group
>>
>>53910970
I cant breath anon, thank you.
>>
>>53910970

I've seen them glow before, no fake!
>>
>>53900492
I can't help but feel that the Expeditions have something to do with that.
>>
File: le laughing frog meme.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
le laughing frog meme.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>53910970
holy fuck
>>
File: IMG_3842.jpg (557KB, 2078x1386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3842.jpg
557KB, 2078x1386px
>>53911202
Hmm.
>>
>>53909935
>Red
Did you expect anything else?
>>
>>53911259
you'd still have to pay the 2 life per turn though, right?
>>
>>53911300
Nah, the cost is per age counter.
>>
>>53911300
Nope. Cumulative Upkeep is "Add an age counter, do it once per age counter." If there are no age counters there's no cost.
>>
>>53908858
>Implying this card says "remove all counters from all non-planeswalker permanents"
>Implying every Ghave player doesn't auto-include Aura Shards for shit like this
>Implying I won't pay 1 colorless mana to make that card disappear forever
>>
File: solemnity.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
solemnity.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
does this just shut down infect altogether?
>>
>>53911403
yes, it wont remove counters though, but it will prevent them from being placed at all.
>>
>>53911403
Infect, Energy, and Cumulative upkeep are off.
Persist and Undying are on 100%

This card is poised to do stupid, stupid things. any commander who can tutor it?
>>
File: .1.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
.1.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53907962
>it costs three
mistakes were made
>>
>>53911448
Zur.
>>
>>53911403
you know what else shuts down infect? having a creature on the board before turn 4
>>
>>53911569
>you know what else shuts down infect? having a creature on the board before turn 4
peoplewouldntjustlieontheinternet.png
>>
>>53911569
this. if you lose to infect in edh its either because you have no creatures/control
>>
>>53911569
>Blighted Agent
>>
Okay... But how does it interact with Suspend? Is the suspended card still a creature/artifact/enchantment while suspended? Would everything stop being suspended after 1 turn? Immediately? Never?
>>
>>53911805
It's not on the battlefield.

Does that answer all of your questions?
>>
>>53911805
Suspend is outside the battlefield, Solemnity wouldn't affect it.
>>
>>53911601
>Skithiryx
>contagion cards
>that infect dude that lets you ignore blockers
>blighted agent
>spells that just give you poison counters
>proliferate
>>
>>53911569
Right, I'm just salivating at the thought of playing undercosted shit or leaving my manadorks untapped
>>
>>53911873
Good examples of things creatures and control both stop.
>>
I-Is it bad that I've already proxied this and made it my new commander? He's replacing Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind as my commander.
>>
Oracle's vault in a yidris deck, y/n? too slow?
>>
File: nekusar.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
nekusar.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>53906803
It's like Nekusar, but with Green. Coincidentally, Nekusar should probably be in your 99!
>>
>>53912107
he's definitely going in my nin deck
>>
>>53911992
>creatures are going to stop unblockable creatures
yeah ok nice windborn muse you got there
oh
paid the 2
now you are dead its good talking to ya
>>
>>53911925
>using mana dorks instead of rocs and land ramp

found the shitter
>>
>>53911866
>>53911865
No, because Solemnity doesn't say anything about being on the battlefield.
>>
>>53912107
>tokens have haste
bretty interesting
>>
>>53912287
Boros pls
>>
>>53907440
I could have swore a Locust would be more Dimir than Izzet, but Curious Niv should have fun with his brand new army of bugs.
>>
>>53907671
Power it down without making it unplayably bad and you should be fine. Plus, by removing the degenerately powerful stuff, you'll save money for other ventures. Win-win.
>>
>>53912107
the main thing that gets me interested in this fucker is how strong he is with skullclamp
>>
>>53912454
ashnod would be pretty great as well
>>
>>53911805
OK... But how does it interact with Lightning Storm?
>>
>>53912560
>>53912454
As said in this thread before
Skull clamp + ashnod's to draw your entire deck. Play phyrexian arena, then sac tokens to cast your deck.

Boom
>>
>>53900413
how much for a tinfoil hat? asking for a friend
>>
>>53912582
is lightning storm any of the card types it mentions?
>>
>>53912585
>izzet
>phyrexian arena
>>
>>53912585
still, i think i like the scorpion god a lot better. it gives red/black repeatable removal and card draw, which is always welcome. this one just seems like another niv-mizzet. it's not bad, but it's nothing new and i'd rather just be playing the big dragon boy.
>>
>>53912297
Suspended cards aren't in play, they are in a exile zone. Suspended cards are not any of the types listed by solemnity.
>>
>>53911259
>Cumulative upkeep (cost) (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this permanent is on the battlefield, put an age counter on this permanent. Then you may pay (cost) for each age counter on it. If you don’t, sacrifice it.)
Hmm
>>
>>53912640
he's thinking of it in terms of being in a nekusar deck i'm pretty sure
>>
I need big dudes who are not eldrazi in W/G/U
>>
>>53912698
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?sort=cmc-&type=%20[creature]||subtype=%20[creature]&color=%20@([W]|[U]|[G])
>>
>>53912594
Well what about Mishra's Toy Workshop?
>>
>>53912107
>generate infinite mana
>skull clamp
>keep skull clamping
>swing for lethal with a billion hasted tokens
>pssh.... nothing personnel... kid
>>
>>53912791
you'd have to play elixir of immortality somewhere in your deck to not overdraw if you wanted to make a BILLION tokens

why not just win with labman at that point?
>>
>>53912640
>>53912684

sorry
Phreyxian altar**** to sac your tokens for colored mana
>>
>>53899802
Wow pathetic
>>
>>53912107
No man I love this guy. I was thinking he was just like Niv but I love tokens. I'm very pleased with Buglug.
>>
>>53912698
inkwell leviathan
>>
>>53912698
Terastodon.
>>
Im about to get several hundred dollars to spend of "fun" and want to get a complete block instead of some massive list of singles.

I'm thinking of Mirrodin, but have seen a couple other sets that looked pretty neat, any suggestions? (I'm posting sets but the blocks their from is what I'll get).

> Mirrodin
> Ravinca
> Innistrad
> Lorwyn

This is whats up for consideration so far.
>>
>>53913001
Complete block = four of each card from the block? Or just one of each?

Anyway I would probably get Ravnica or Lorwin/Shadowmoor. If your aim is later use them for EDH, obviously.
>>
>>53912585
>>53912883
I understand where the draw and colorless mana is coming from, but where do the tokens come from?
Correct me if I'm wrong:
>have ashnod and skullclamp and 2 tokens
>sac one of them to ashnod, get 2 mana
>equip skullclamp to the other token
>token dies, you draw two cards
>Locust gives you 2 tokens
>still have 1 colorless mana from ashnod
>repeat

What tokens will you have left to use phyrexian altar? Unless midway through the process you stop using ashnod and switch to altar. That I can understand.
>>
>>53913021

One of each, EDH4LYFE son!
>>
>>53913029
Instead of Phyrexian Altar you'd probably better off with Gemstone Array to filter the colorless.

>>53913033
Then definitely Ravnica followed by Lorwin.
>>
>>53913001
get ravnica
lots of cool jank and a bunch of cards that are actually good
like signets
>>
New Thread

>>53913039
>>53913039
>>53913039
>>53913039
>>
>>53912698
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Blazing Archon
Vengeful Archon
Engulfing Slagwurm
Gaea's Revenge
Liege of the Tangle
Lorthos, the Tidemaker
Tromokratis
Inkwell Leviathan
Archon of the Triumvirate
Drogskol Reaver
Medomai the Ageless
Autochthon Wurm
Dragolord Dromoka
Novablast Wurm
Progenitor Mimic
Sagu Mauler
Simic Sky Swallower
>>
>>53913001
Ravnica. Has staples for just about any deck you'll ever make.
>>
>>53913029
When you have that 1 <> left from ashnod altar is where the loop grows.

You now can equip one of the tokens.
Now you have 3 tokens, sac a token for <><>, you now have 2 tokens and <><>. Equip a token.

Now you have 3 tokens and <> left
Thread posts: 415
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.