[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 63

File: 380476-hr.jpg (162KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
380476-hr.jpg
162KB, 745x1040px
Utility creatures or spell alternatives Edition

Previous Thread >>53899658

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question(s):
Do you play, or play against, secret commander decks, and if so how do they tend to run without the safe haven of the command zone?
>>
>>53913039
>secret commander decks

The fuck?
>>
What's a secret commander?
>>
>>53913039
I'm now building my Crouching Tazri, Hidden Zada deck. There's two backups for her (Mirrorwing and the Nephilim) but I'll still pack cards to retrieve her from grave and exile zone if needed.
>>
File: 1495247213437.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1495247213437.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
>>53913039
>Do you play, or play against, secret commander decks, and if so how do they tend to run without the safe haven of the command zone?
Unironically what did he mean by this?
>>
>Do you play, or play against, secret commander decks, and if so how do they tend to run without the safe haven of the command zone?
used to play marath with secret commander Rith.
nobody expects you to either haste her out or chord her out at the end step before your turn.
makes soooo many tokens.
imho shes much better in the 99
>>
>>53913103
you play one commander with a different commander in the 99 that you tutor for every game to trick people with bad threat assessment into not targeting the narset player because hurr durr it's actually ruhan
>>
File: sneeky.jpg (84KB, 777x554px) Image search: [Google]
sneeky.jpg
84KB, 777x554px
>>53913147

I do, but when only one? I run all of them but just got Ghirapur to replace Korn.
>>
>Do you play, or play against, secret commander decks

I have a Hazezon Tamar deck that essentially uses Thromok and Brion Stoutarm as partner commanders in the 99.

I like to get a fuckload of tokens then sac them to devour dudes, then fling them with brion. It's certainly not my strongest deck, but it's pretty fun.
>>
>>53913147
sounds like the kind of dumb shit pretentious johnny players do to show off their 1337 deck building skills.
>>
>>53913091
>>53913219
Got a decklist?
>>
File: darkdepths.hq.jpg (164KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
darkdepths.hq.jpg
164KB, 480x680px
How high will it go?
>>
>>53913039
Yasova with Xenagod.
>>
>>53913223
a lot of the time it's like... "hmm i want to play nekusar but i want to have green in the deck" so they build a nekusar deck with the green stuff they want, put nekky in the 98, and make thrasios/vial smasher the commander
>>
>>53913241
Probably not much higher than it already is. Doesn't matter to me though, I have my FTV copy and token already. Purely for jank purposes, of course.
>>
>>53913065
>>53913074
Secret Commander decks are decks where your actual Commander is a decoy, or you're just playing them for the colors. You build the deck as though a certain card in the 99 is the "real" Commander.

I've heard people jokingly refer to Cabal Coffers as their Secret Commander in Mono-B.
>>
>>53913308
so it's like building Ashling but your actual commander is Mountain?
>>
>>53913308
Or Josh Lee Quwai's 5 color nekuzar commander deck?
>>
File: Image (87).jpg (41KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (87).jpg
41KB, 223x310px
>>53913039
>Thread Question
Every Boros deck
>>
A friend of mine told me Wizards finally took control of the format from the RC. Is that true?
>>
>>53913396
Only on Online.
>>
>>53913039
>>53913029

Just incase anon from last thread didnt see.

When you have that <> left from ashnod altar is where the loop grows.

You now can equip one of the tokens to draw 2 and spawn 2

Now you have 3 tokens, sac a token for <><>, you now have 2 tokens and <><>. Equip a token.

Now you have 3 tokens and <> left
>>
>>53913411
Excellent.

>sol ring finally banned
>painter's servant still banned

Well, okay. It's mostly an improvement, and where it hasn't been improved it stayed the same. Hopefully this forces the RC to stop being retarded and adjust their banlist to match.
>>
File: 1494114396286.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
1494114396286.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>53913440
Oh ok, now I get it. Thanks for clearing it up.
>>
>>53913445
sol ring is fine in 4-player, it's only really a problem in 1v1
>>
>>53913520
>sol ring is fine in 4-player
>implying combo cares how many opponents there are
fast rocks shift the meta toward fast combo and away from fun interactive games of magic.
>>
>>53913547
maybe in your group, but in mine most of the time sol ring leads to a turn 4 knowledge pool.

we're talking about a format that was created by bored judges who wanted to see weird interactions that don't usually happen
>>
>>53913520
Incorrect, sheldon. Now go write an article about how Mardu Woe Reaper makes you think you should unban Recurring Nightmare.
>>
>>53913588
>we're talking about a format that was created by bored judges who wanted to see weird interactions that don't usually happen
And you can still see those interactions without sol ring. Your point is what exactly?
>>
Any tech for Azami?
I'm mainly looking to win through Mind over Matter and Azami or Arcanis, but having wizard tribal synergies seems like a fun way to survive until I draw into the combo pieces.

Any fun wizards that may not be well known?
>>
>>53913608
this
>>
>Can we get a green and white legendary Cat at some point in the near future? We keep getting good Cats with green color identities and the only multicolored legendary cat is Jedit Ojanen.

>It’s on the short list of legendary creature requests.

rev up those kitties
>>
>>53913608
sol ring gets them out faster. if there's no dick going for quick kills and treating the format like singleton legacy it can quickly lead to funny chaos scenarios and other shenanigans.

if you've got a problem with sol ring, talk to your group about houseruling a ban on it, i'm not going to stop you.
>>
File: gisharksunsavatar.jpg (28KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gisharksunsavatar.jpg
28KB, 265x370px
Constructed player here. I've decided to join your world specifically for this card, and I don't care how bad it is. I feel like I've finally found my spirit legendary

What cards should I absolutely have and what cards do you think will 100% be changed to Dinosaur?
>>
File: thelocustgod.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
thelocustgod.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
Why's nobody mentioning this shit? Just how many decks fit around this guy?

Card draw.dec? UR stax? Ashnod's Altar/Skullclamp combo? All of the above?
>>
>>53913674
>>53913674
>sol ring gets them out faster.
at the unacceptable cost of making EDH not suitable for play among randoms, because of the much more significant risk of sol ring leading to a broken board.
>>
>>53913771
these new gods seem pretty good at never costing more than their casting cost because they rarely go to the command zone too
>>
>>53913771
>Why's nobody mentioning this shit?
Probably because everyone was already talking about him last thread.

Looks fun for wheels.dec and combos.
>>
>>53913805
i'd rather play niv mizzet though. easier combos.
>>
>>53913799
>StP
>>
>>53913773
like i said, you can houserule ban it if you want to. i don't know what your group is like, but mine has never had a problem with it.
>>
File: imperiosaur.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
imperiosaur.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>53913749
Staple removal like Chaos Warp, Beast Within, Grasp of Fate, Blasphemous Act, Wave of Vitriol and Cataclysm.

Ramp spells like Rampant Growth, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, etc.

Tribal tech such as Shared Animosity, Descendants' Path and Urza's Incubator.

As far as old cards being ret-conned into Dinos, the only ones I know for sure will be Pygmy Allosaurus and Imperiosaur.
>>
>>53913839
One card in the middle of many. Sure, it'll happen, but more often than not it'll go to your hand.
>>
>>53913854
You can't houserule pickup games at tournaments, or other settings where you meet random players, you moron.
>>
>>53913822
If I held that mentality I would only play tier 1 commanders.
>>
>>53913868
I'd place a good amount of money on Deathmist Raptor being changed into Dinosaur

Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
>>53913771
>Rofllos asked:

>Is The Locus God a color pie break? UR shouldn't be making tokens on card draw. It seems more of a UG thing.

>We tried to make the tokens have more of a red flavor by giving them haste. I was pretty unsatisfied with the outcome. If I could go back, The Locus God would have been Blue and Green and created tokens with deathtouch instead of haste.
>>
>>53913903
playing EDH with randoms will always be shit though.
>>
>>53913947
Rest assured, I too am building a Gishark deck as soon as I can. I just wanna see more of the dinos in the actual set at this point. Carnage Tyrant and Goring Ceratops look hurty AF.
>>
>>53913974
Yes, because it has a shit banlist. I'll never understand the logic behind the RC:

>let's not make our banlist suitable for groups of players meeting each other for the first time. They need it most.
>instead, let's make our banlist not suitable for them, because fuck them, and instead insist everyone who can't modify the banlist play exactly like we do.

I'm glad wizards took over online, and I hope they kick sheldon and his sycophants out entirely.
>>
>>53913974
Can attest. I havnt played with a random yet who wasnt some form of shitty.
>>
>>53913868
>Chaos warp, Beast within, Blasphemous Act
Nigga you are in Naya, not mono green or red. Path, Swords, Krosan Grip, Wraths, Return to Dust and Decimate.
>>
>>53914020
christ, chill the fuck out. edh is a format to play with friends for fun
>>
>>53914077
I'm personally not huge on Path or Swords in Commander, but those are all fair choices as well.
>>
>>53914124
And I like meeting new people. So when I go to a tournament, or a new store, I bring the EDH deck collection. And about half of my EDH games with new people aren't fun anymore, because of Sheldon's inability to care about games outside of a circlejerk.
>>
>>53914135
I*'d say at least Swords is a staple in Wx, one mana instant "fuck this little nigga here he's bothering me" for basically free is always great.
>>
>>53914155
then build a consistent competitive deck that can compete with those decks. you've got access to sol ring too.
>>
>>53914295
>EDH with randoms sucks because cards like sol ring throw off all balance in the game
>lol just play sol ring

... You actually are sheldon aren't you? Nobody else is this moronic.
>>
>>53914336
you've got tutors and other fast mana too.
>>
>>53914135
>I'm personally not huge on Path or Swords in Commander
>i enjoy paying more than 3x as much for removal because craw wurm meta
if you are playing white and you dont put a swords to plowshares in you are doing it wrong
>>
>>53913771
Because mirror and the white no-counter enchant are 100x more interesting
>>
>>53914336
Dude, why the fuck are you NOT running sol ring, and then bitching about sol ring? That's like the dude complaining about his Camery not having enough horsepower when you're racing against a Corvette. If you are going to purposely cripple yourself, you have no right to bitch about it, especially since Sol Ring is dirt fucking cheap now.
>>
>>53914418
So be it.
>>
>>53914336
>lol just play sol ring
i really fucking hate this, you ever hear his explanation of why pro hulk was unbanned its plain double speak.
then he goes off on this tangent about removal and hinges his whole argument basically on the fact that nobody plays graveyard removal in their meta despite saying at the beginning that graveyard decks are becoming pretty much ubiquitous
>>
>>53914442
he does play sol ring i guarantee it
it would just be better if nobody did like if it were banned or something
>>
>>53914442
I never said I wasn't running sol ring you moron. I was just commenting on the idiocy of responding to a complaint about how sol ring ruins games, with "well run sol ring".

The entire RC can't be shitposting in the same thread can they? But i'm not sure there's any other explanation for 2 people this moronic responding.
>>
>>53914442
Interestingly you don't have a 92/99 chance of your stick not existing for the first six seconds of a race.
>>
>>53914442
>complaining about a card means you don't run it.
Interesting. Considering that modern had Eldrazi Winter, Standard has had Felidar, Marvel, and Emrakul in massive percentages of the meta and still people running those decks thought they were to strong, I don't think you have an argument.

Don't be stupid.
>>
>>53914502
as someone who's dabbled in competitive, sol ring is one of dozens of cards that leads to an easy turn 3.5 win. singling it out is a mistake. if you're gonna ban sol ring you might as well ban dark ritual which helps the one-turn combo decks just as much.
>>
>>53914596
Dark Ritual is a good card, but it isn't "the best card in magic". Consider that with sol ring and mana crypt (another card that should be banned), I can lay out a huge mana advantage, and then cast a wheel effect on turn 1. This is the sort of backbreaking play that fast artifact mana enables, but Dark Ritual doesn't.
>>
Fucking it, I'm turning Zada into mono-R Grenzo. He just looks like too much fun, and is actually perfect for the variant my group is currently into.

What're some good includes in Red Grenzo?
>>
>>53913963
Shoulda put x into play whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, where x is the cmc, the activated ability could been retrieving an instant or sorcery at random from the graveyard
>>
>>53914646
Well I know its not out yet, but I think the new Neheb will be a worthy addition.
>>
>>53914681
Metal Neheb will be worthy addition to any Rx and even mono.
>>
>>53913771
He'll go in my Niv-Mizzet deck.
>>
>>53914779
i'm so looking forward to playing neheb with sword of feast and famine.
>tap out for a fireball effect
>swing for 6, untap all lands
>tap out and use extra mana for second fireball effect
>>
>>53914646
Grenzo's fun, but my group quickly learned to smite-on-sight when he hits the table. I just have him in the 99 of my Zada deck.
>>
Judge my Kaalia deck. It's my first one and I want to make sure it's decent before spending ~250 dollars on it.
>>
>>53914841
>second fireball effect
>not Fanning the Flames both times since you'll have a truckload of mana
>or the true red mage's Fireball of choice, Titan's Revenge
>>
>>53914883
you are aware that you could just as well give us a direct link?
>>
>>53914883
Also, those land ratios are swapped, it should be 5 swamp, 3 mountain. I'll adjust that.
>>
>>53914893
i count both of those as "fireball effects"

x mana deal x damage
>>
>>53914940
Yes they are, you missed the point but anyway. TRUCKLOADS OF MANA.
>>
>>53914965
Filtered.
>>
File: Basandra-Battle-Seraph-MtG-Art.jpg (522KB, 755x576px) Image search: [Google]
Basandra-Battle-Seraph-MtG-Art.jpg
522KB, 755x576px
>>53914907
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-06-17-kaalia-prototype/
>>
>>53914965
if you've got sword on neheb, you could also earthquake for 7 and he'd survive, be able to attack an open board somewhere, and assuming you've got 8 mana in lands, you'd have 35 mana to play with second main
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-06-17-jhoira-edh/

how do I make this more consistent? first edh deck
>>
>>53914883
I think you need more Dragons, because duh. A few useful ones I can think of include Dragon Mage, Hellkite Charger, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Scourge of the Throne and Thundermaw Hellkite.
>>
File: old fogey.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
old fogey.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53913749
Are you going to run this card in your deck?
>>
>>53915194
If my playgroup lets me
>>
File: eternal.jpg (191KB, 1248x585px) Image search: [Google]
eternal.jpg
191KB, 1248x585px
Yikes
>>
File: rollins3.jpg (41KB, 702x432px) Image search: [Google]
rollins3.jpg
41KB, 702x432px
>>53915383
>>
>>53914985

Do you know how I can filter on mobile? I don't see it.
>>
>>53915434
>newfag
>mobilefag
>trying to filter one of the better posters in this general, to no avail
I bet you use 4chan nude, just haphazardly killing your phone with advertisements through your browser.
>>
File: chickchackBOOM.jpg (68KB, 864x1292px) Image search: [Google]
chickchackBOOM.jpg
68KB, 864x1292px
>>53915583

I asked how, not specified who.

> being this fucking new
> strawmanning this much

I bet you /pol/ is the enemy, huh, they just need to hear "Her" out, huh?
>>
is athreos worth it in ayli?
>>
File: 1447954733931.png (42KB, 411x418px) Image search: [Google]
1447954733931.png
42KB, 411x418px
>>53913771
>this fucker in Arjun Wheels
Oh BABY
>>
Wacky predictions for the last God?
It's U/B so I'm thinking maybe something to do with discard?
>>
>>53915974
>implying it won't just be mill like every other U/B card they print
>>
>>53915974
If they wanted to make it interesting, have it be primarily discard, but if they have no cards in hand, make 'em mill instead. Either way, it plays into Frayed Sanity.
>>
>>53915974
So far both of the gods have had something to do with drawing. Scorpion draws on deaths, Locust spawns on draws. I want the third to kill on spawns (put a -1/-1 token on target creature whenever a creature ETBs).
>>
>>53913771
>locust god
>ashnods altar
>skullclamp
>blasting station

Hello janky combo shit

Alternatively, draw entire deck + lots of colourless mana, cast phyrexian altar, sac some locusts, cast omniscience to cast entire deck for free?
>>
>>53916063
basically.

Even without Omniscience you should have enough locusts + phreyxian altar to win the game.
>>
>>53916032
Recent U/B. Dralnu is a champ and is fun as fuck to play
>>
>>53915974
Whenever a creature dies target opponent puts the top 3 cards of his library into a graveyard.

1(U/B) sacrifice a creature, scry two. :^)
>>
>>53915974
Probably reanimator, which means the general will probably reanimate itself and another target creature in your graveyard. It would be fun if it had a activated ability which allowed you to put it directly into the graveyard from anywhere but the hand whenever you shuffle your library.

Which would be kind of awesome for it to just keep rising from the grave as the sands shift.
>>
>>53916240
that sounds fun and spicy so i'm convinced it's not going to be anyhting like that
>>
>1-3
Turn Slobad Toybox into Daretti Stax
>4-6
Turn Zada into Grenzo
>7-9
Rebuild Godo
>0
Wait for Ixalan legendary Dinosaur
>>
>>53916383
Oh God, pray for my wallet
>>
>>53916383
>1-5
Wait for Ixalan to come out
>6-10
Hold MaRo at gunpoint until Hour of Devastation is cancelled and skipped
>0
Stop playing magic
>>
>>53916535
Lol eat shit
>>
File: pepe3.jpg (84KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
pepe3.jpg
84KB, 500x421px
>>53916535
>>53916539
fuck
>>
File: 1440981012808.png (620KB, 615x519px) Image search: [Google]
1440981012808.png
620KB, 615x519px
>multiplayer on modo
>Silas Renn/Bruse Tarl player with all with foil fetches, the more expensive duals, some other goodstuff cards
>he casts Soul Conduit
>Baral player counters it
>4c guy scoops suddenly
>"I don't play against counterspells"
>stays in the game room and aspergers loudly about counterspells while the rest of us continue as usual
Are you 'that guy'?
>>
>>53916552
What was he expecting to happen when he saw Baral on the other side of the table?
>>
>>53915583
Put your trip back on so I can filter you.
>>
>>53916670
this
>>
>>53913974
Literally the point of the social contract. EDH needs a better banlist because the format is Hobbesian when you play anywhere beyond your home group. Play the most broken shit because the other guy might be and you can't lose to him.
>>
>>53916670
>>53916670
>>53916670
>>
>>53914646
My buddy ran a grenzo deck for a bit. Not sure if the build was just bad, but he never won and always looked like he was doing nothing.
>>
>>53916552
>"I don't play against counterspells"
stupid autists

It's a shame but EDH really isn't a game that usually works with random people.
>>
File: Pride-Sovereign.jpg (55KB, 365x513px) Image search: [Google]
Pride-Sovereign.jpg
55KB, 365x513px
>>53913653
I just bought a bunch of cats and squirrels for kitchentable purposes, fuck yeah. Also going to buy pic related + pouncer.
>>
File: 1418616694032.png (301KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1418616694032.png
301KB, 500x377px
>>53916810
>sit down with randos
>the combo player tries to partial
>>
>>53916742
He just looks fun. My group is Slam Fatties Central so a deck full of cheap fuckers headed by a legend that promotes mass carnage would make things interesting
>>
>>53916896
Partial mulligans are pretty great though. If everyone is friendly and on the same page and there isn't an autist that will win on turn 3.
>>
>>53916866
Am I the only one whose noticed there's been a real push for cat tribal but there's been jack shit for jackal tribal?
>>
Threw this together with some things I had laying around. Thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-8th/
>>
something about chandras smirk in this art makes me feel funny inside
>>
>>53916932
Cats are even less likely to happen now with Guardian banned
>>
File: grenzocurrent.jpg (265KB, 1627x639px) Image search: [Google]
grenzocurrent.jpg
265KB, 1627x639px
>>53914646
Here's my unpolished turd for reference and humble opinion on some of the choices I've made.
Cards that I don't like/don't perform:
>Generator Servant
>Thawing Glaciers
>Crimson Mage
>Mimic Vat
>Pyreheart Wolf
>Purphoros
>Beetleback Chief
>Eldrazi Monument
>Hellkite Charger
Absolute allstars:
>Bedlam
>Goblin Heelcutter
>Urabrask
>Chancellor of the Forge
>Berserker's Onslaught
Cards to add/consider:
>Kiki-Jiki
>Jitte
>Gauntlet of Might
>>
File: rsFfmMW.jpg (319KB, 632x753px) Image search: [Google]
rsFfmMW.jpg
319KB, 632x753px
>>53916938
This fits better
>>
>>53916938
It's always looked off to me. Like Lili just spat in her ear.
>>
>>53916670
>>53916695
>>53916706

Hehhe, so...I (>>53915611) never got an answer how to add filter on mobile, shits changed a lot since I started to primarily use mobile?
>>
>>53916949
I don't see how Felindar Guardian would be necessary for cat tribal.
>>
>>53916978
That bottom one is hilarious
>>
>>53917023
You could bounce the Lord and there are hardly enough cats WITH Guardian

I'm speaking of standard of course. EDH? Absolutely no way there are enough playable cats
>>
>>53917052
Well, there are 125 cats, if they are playable is another question.
>>
>>53917052
Step 1: add Door of Destinies
Step 2: hope to draw it
Every bad tribe ever becomes kinda okay. Maybe not Serf tribal.
>>
>>53913308
I play Kraj and the secret Commander is Kruphix because lolhuge mana
>>
>>53916997
Yeah, Chandra looks annoyed to me more than she looks intrigued or tempted.
>>
What should I run as a win con in Budget Brago? I can lock down the game, but I want to end it and move on to the next one, not have my playgroup sit there getting more frustrated as I hit all their permanents with Reality Acid/Spine of Ish Sah.
>>
>>53916938
makes me wanna sex her
>>
>>53917482
You're in the wrong deck if you're trying to finish things quickly.

Otherwise, I'd just say to throw in an Alter of the Brood along with a Trinket Mage so you can grab it, your Ring, or your Top.
>>
>>53917575
I'm not trying to really combo out ASAP so much as prevent the game from dragging out since my friends refuse to scoop. Which is fair sometimes, they do play a lot of GY decks, they might be able to get out of a lock.
>>
>>53917004
Do you browse through Chrome or any app or something? I think in the browser you just need to open the standard 4chan plugin in the site, it has a filter option iirc.

>>53915383
E T E R N A L
T
E
R
N
A
L
>>
File: 1360385119596.gif (3MB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1360385119596.gif
3MB, 340x340px
>>53915383
Fuck
>>
anyone got that image with a short summary of what each color combo does?
>>
>>53916552
Counterfaggots and Anticounterfaggots are literally the /pol/ and /leftypol/ of Magic.
>>
>>53913653
I named my first cat Saffi by coincidence, been thinking about running her just to get the green I need for the handful of green cats I'm never allowed to run. Cats had better be one of the C17 tribes, I'm not playing I'll fuck something up
>>
>>53915974
>7UB
>whenever an opponent mills 1 or more cards, they mill that many +1
>3UB target opponent mill 1
>when it dies back to your hand blah blah
>>
>>53918404
Wow no.
>>
>>53915974
>Scorpion God: whenever a creature with a -1/-1 counter dies, draw a card
>Locust God: whenever you draw a card, make a token
For them to come full circle, UB God should have something do to with creatures and place -1/-1 counters.
My prediction:
Whenever a creature you control deals damage to an opponent, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
1UB: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.

Of course, this is implying they do close a circle in the first place.
>>
File: download (14).jpg (12KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
12KB, 190x265px
anyone else excited and also buying
the new wheel casual commander
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/679374#paper/spoiler]
I already have my deck built
>>
>>53913749
just build mayahel of the anime and then swap the creatures out for dinos
same thing but dinos are more fun
>>
>>53916913
I'm assuming by what Anon said that the player was said autist
>>
>>53918651
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/679374#paper
uuuh, Psychosis Crawler?
>>
>>53918651
I kind of hate its dumb but powerful design but I will either use it as a general or use it in the 99 of an Arjun deck.

It should be a reasonably powerful casual general when combined with Skullclamp, Fabricate, Trinket Mage, and maybe even Artificer's Intuition.
>>
>>53918719
dont own it and wanted to keep it more casual and budget
i own all the 5$+ cards and i want to keep it less spike
purphoros and WOF are both good as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 639x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 639x950px
>>53918748
This isn't budget enough? It's been in at least 2 precons.
>>
>>53918811
oh i thought it was like 5$ mb
>>
>>53918651
I like it but I think I like it more as a wincon in Arjun's 99 than as a commander on his own, TLG has some top end native resilience while Arjun needs the shelter of the command zone to live.
>>
File: 1497905525932.gif (2MB, 389x413px) Image search: [Google]
1497905525932.gif
2MB, 389x413px
>>53918861
i needed a casual izzet comander. i use to play jihoria of the ghetto but its too spike and i just want fun.
>>
>>53918914
jORI eN
>>
EDH, I'm planning on building an Uril deck and I'm deciding between these two.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/under-10-edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uril-budget-edh-1/

I'll upgrade eventually but I like that they are really budget (especially the first one).
Is it viable? Is it shit?
Give me your opinions pls
>>
>>53913445
Only until HoD then it goes back to the paper list.
>>
>>53913903
>plays pickup games of a social format and calls someone else the moron

Loving every laugh.
>>
>>53919727
I think the second one is more playable. Go with that one as your base.
>>
>>53913608
Because the majority of people can use Sol Ring without being autistic about it just like the majority of people can play this format with the knowledge that it's their job not to break the format rather than the rules job to keep them in-line.
>>
>>53916956
Post MTGO name? I've been trying to play some games with /edh/ anons.
>>
>>53914050
>>53913974
Ya'll are probably just shitty people.
>>
File: Image.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>53919693
Not the anon you're replying to, but I was just thinking about building her a deck earlier today.

I think she'd work great with a bunch of cheap instants, but it'll be difficult to kill people with nothing but bolts and counter spells. It's probably worth running at least 1 alternate win con?

Is it possible to win with Hedron Alignment in EDH? The only wish cards in UR colors can't hit enchantments. I might consider Battle of Wits + Spawnsire, but I'm not sure the flavor works unless Jori is Eldrazi-conscripted. Maybe just go merfolk tribal for the evasion and commander damage?
>>
>>53920081
She's casual but fun. Don't forget the Blazing Shoal blowout
>>
>>53920081
>Is it possible to win with Hedron Alignment in EDH?
Can you have more than a single copy of a card in edh?
Thought so...
>>
>>53920081
>Is it possible to win with Hedron Alignment in EDH?
Only with playgroup agreement to let Wish spells work; by default they do nothing and they're the only way to get the multiple Hedrons you need (You require at least three: the one on the battlefield can be a copy).
>>
>>53914883
kaalia sucks and you'll probably have a bad time playing her without a whole lot more ramp than you have
>>
File: 58.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
58.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>53920115
I wasn't planning to run a whole lot of high-cmc spells, but I'll consider it.
>>53920120
Wishes! And with a copy spell I'm already 50% of the way there!
>>53920138
Casual rules for a casual commander. I don't think anyone I know would have a problem fetching a few hedron alignments from outside the game.

Anyway, I think I found the easiest win con for Jori. There's got to be a hundred ways to tap/untap her infinitely.
>>
>>53914940
>not surging falloff the titans.
>>
>>53913771

>extra combat + bident of thassa
>>
>>53920490
That's not how a wish works.
>>
File: Spirit Avatars.png (3MB, 1115x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit Avatars.png
3MB, 1115x1240px
If you're building a 2+ color deck and not using at least one of these cards then I don't know what's wrong with you.
>>
>>53921339
These are awesome but Demigod of Revenge?
>>
>>53921346
The only card you can be justified not using, and Fists of the Demigod is incredibly good, so Rakdos doesn't have an excuse.
>>
>>53921378
Well, true. Edge of the Divinty is pretty lackluster too though.
>>
>>53921431
And Divinity of Pride is an easy 8/8 flying lifelink for 5.
>>
>>53921451
Of course.
>>
>>53921378
Fun thing about Demigod is that if it gets countered, it's on-cast ability will just put it back onto the battlefield.
>>
>>53921339
>Godhead of Awe
Holy shit, Elesh Norn and Brago just made a new friend.

Also, representing my boys Deus of Calamity and Nobilis of War.
>>
>>53921702
but anon u cant run w/u in a w deck
>>
>>53913839
Just run sac outlets. High Market that bitch.
>>
>>53918723
Yeah I am 80% sure I will be seeing at least one of my friends build Locust God for our low or mid tier games and I am sure it will work find against other sub$200 decks.

I can't belive they gave the damn tokens Flying and Haste.

I would have taken him as a golgari commander that triggered on death and had flying deathtouch tokens
>>
>>53921742
Elesh Norn's in Brago, along with dampening matrix, linvala, all the spicy exile you can handle, a boatload of counters, and, my personal favorite Jin Gitaxias.
>>
File: bJqOzIl.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
bJqOzIl.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>53921339
On this topic, a few questions for EDH general:
Do you have a favorite cycle, or cycles?

How often do you use cards from that cycle, and in what decks?

Any cards you wish were part of a cycle, but aren't?
For me, it's definitely the Sieges. I've got at least two copies of each one, and while they aren't all in decks, I generally throw them in so long as there's even a tiny reason to do so. Palace Siege is probably my favorite of the cycle and I use it in just about everything I have in black.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>53922192
I don't use any of those cards.
>>
>>53916552
Goddamn, he counterspelled so hard that he countered an entire player right out of the game.
>>
>>53921681
Only if they're retarded enough to counter it before letting the trigger resolve.
>>
>>53914841
>not making tokens with Purphoros en masse and then fireballing afterwards after saccing all of them to Ashnod's Altar

You need to think bigger
>>
File: 72[3].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
72[3].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53914893
Keep things simple. Do the most damage you can with your precombat mana so you can get even more postcombat mana.
>>
>>53921339
>tfw got Steel of the Godhead in the mail today for Taigam
>I'm just waiting for the Kaldra trio to arrive and the deck will be done

Do you think it'd be reasonable if I asked to do some games with the deck early, using a placeholder for Taigam?
>>
>>53923017
I've been running viashino slaughtermaster as a proxy karrthus for months.

follow ur heart anon.
>>
>>53923166
We'll, my heart currently says to use Taigam's rebounds to set up an infinite turn lock, so eh.
>>
File: drivendespair.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
drivendespair.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
Finally a decently costed doubles card
>>
>>53923017
I've done that multiple times, doubt people will care.
>>
Does anyone have a good Wort conspire list?
>>
File: 1466487905505.jpg (59KB, 510x489px) Image search: [Google]
1466487905505.jpg
59KB, 510x489px
>>53915383
>>
>>53914418
Unkess he's one of those people who have the "lol spot removal in EDH? You do realize this is EDH, right?"-attitude
>>
>>53915383
jesus fucking christ
>>
File: 1429274715459.jpg (35KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1429274715459.jpg
35KB, 1024x576px
>tfw want to play The Locust God now and EDH night isn't until Thursday
>>
File: 1476301854966.gif (2MB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
1476301854966.gif
2MB, 626x348px
BW is my favorite colour combo, and I already have an athreos deck. What should I build next? Lower power please to preserve me metta, but high fun if possible.
>>
>>53923485
But anon the god won't be out for another month.

You are going to have to wait longer
>>
File: 1423211100257.jpg (50KB, 377x368px) Image search: [Google]
1423211100257.jpg
50KB, 377x368px
>>53923528

Nah, my friends aren't shitters. I already asked if I could proxy him until he releases.
>>
>>53923510
You can play Pillowfort Daxos and hide behind your Sphere of Safety until it's time to start vomiting 3 mana 6/6s.
You can play the Partners, which lend to B/W Token strats.
You can play Triad of Fates if you lowkey hate yourself.
You can play Selenia and abuse life total manipulation.
>>
>>53913771
this is going to be my artifact UR commander. feels shitty building it though, considering i just built breya.
>>
>>53923541
I think it is between kambal, Daxos, and Obzedat. What would be fun ways to build those? Thanks for the help anon.
>>
File: 1457468416282.gif (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457468416282.gif
3MB, 800x450px
>>53923611

>Kambal

Soup tribal can be pretty spicy
>>
>>53923510
go Obzedat, Ghost Council control deck. evades all sorcery speed removal, which is highly prevalent due to board wipes. the targeted life loss is a fun political tool, especially because a shock isn't the most egregious breach of an agreement or something like that. plus you have things now like panharmonicon. also having the last person at 1 life with obzedat in exile seeing them sweat as they try and get out of it is fucking amazing.
>>
>>53923611
Kambal ends up being life tax pillowfort. Make your opponents pay for anything they do.
Obzedat can work well by playing a wealth of highimpact threats like Divinity of Pride, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Sun and Grave Titan, Noxious Gearhulk, etc. alongside powerful recursion like Phyrexian Reclamation.
Daxos pillowfort chokes your opponent's options while building up to swarming the board with cheap, beefy tokens, and can lead into silly combos with Grim Guardian you can execute from behind the safety of your enchantments.
>>
>>53923714
All of those sound fun. I am thinking Daxos if just to be totally different. Thanks for the help.
>>53923701
But I own obzedat, so I will be making that too. So much fun, so little time.
>>
File: Laughing Whores.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whores.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>53916938
every time I see this art I think it was magic's attempt at old memes.
>>
>>53924123
It is 2 whores laughing
>>
>have been wanting to make a thraximundar zombie themed deck for a while
>all these cards from hod
>the new neheb
>some cards from ixalan
My dick is so hard, I cant wait to attack with infinite free zombies forever.
>>
File: CrocodileSmile.png (471KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CrocodileSmile.png
471KB, 600x600px
So how is the gatewatch in the new set on a scale of "beaten" to "totally fucked"
>>
File: 1428302623413.png (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428302623413.png
49KB, 500x500px
>>53924265

I hope Bolas lets his minions break all of Chandra's bones and gang rape her in front of Nissa.
>>
>>53913903
If you're going through the hassle to play with randoms, just be glad a broken game is over quick so you can jump up to the next. If someone's going to be degenerate in the format, it's not the lack of a sol ring that will stop them, it'll just make them go off earlier.
>>
I hope at least one gatewatch gets captured and maybe one dies. Im fine with ajani as the green planeswalker.
>>
>>53924265
considering they're making jace transition into a girl in ixalan i'd say extremely fucked
>>
File: 1453423944894.jpg (77KB, 350x428px) Image search: [Google]
1453423944894.jpg
77KB, 350x428px
>>53924319

>mindbroken femboi Jace
>>
How many utility lands should I run in Xenagod to justify running Newzilek?
>>
>>53914418
>you must run all the staples or you're doing it wrong
Might as well just play Pokemon TCG at this point.
>>
>>53924754
>Strawmanning this hard
There a very few 'staples' that I'd argue need to be in every deck, Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares are certainly two of them. It's a one mana catch-all removal spell against any targetable creature, and with Arcane Lighthouse existing in the format you can get around Shroud/Hexproof too. Literally a staple, there is no reasonable suggestion as to why not to other than aruging for the sake of it.
>>
>>53924360
Is that Mogami?
>>
>>53924805
>Path to Exile
Swords is absolutely a staple, but this one is up to personal preference I'd say. I'm not a fan of the drawback. I'd recommend Unexpectedly Absent over it.
>>
File: unesh_criosphinx_sovereign.jpg (34KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
unesh_criosphinx_sovereign.jpg
34KB, 251x356px
Sphinx Commander :)
>>
>>53925174
Neat. Sadly it feels worse than consecrated Sphinx and Mulldrifter. I would probably play this at CMC 5
>>
>>53925174
I'd rather run Isperia.
>>
>>53924319
they're doing what?
>>
>>53925174
sphinxes are obviously one of the c17 tribes, that's meant to be an upgrade
>>
>>53925174
>can't even play Sphinx's Revelation in your Sphinx deck
>>
>>53925300
Huh, on the one hand that means Consecrated Sphinx reprint. On the other it means the rest of the deck will be garbage.

Sad.
>>
>>53925174
>tfw still no wurm commander :(
>>
>>53925174
This is going straight into my Isperia deck.
>>
>>53913623
Just get Patreon Wizard or whatever his name is and you'll be fine. Also, get Labratory Maniac and psychosis crawler.
>>
>>53922696
I'd play them all because FIREBALLS and TRUCKLOADS OF MANA also Devil's Play reminds me of my first standard deck.

>>53925174
Now that's a tribal support, doing something different than getting +1/+1 or combat abilities.

>>53923229
Would play/10
>>
>>53913039
>Do you play, or play against, secret commander decks
literally what?
>>
>>53925690
Read the beginning of the thread, anon.
It was explained multiple times. And honestly isn't even that hard to understand.
>>
File: 1497559633188.jpg (231KB, 869x943px) Image search: [Google]
1497559633188.jpg
231KB, 869x943px
>tfw my group only has fun playing anymore if we either combo out(gitgud, breya, yidris) or make everyone else miserable(kaervek, daggson, oloro)

Is it time we take a break or for us all to find a new group?
>>
>>53925324
>Consecrated Sphinx reprint
wizards does reprint good cards anymore
>>
>>53925760
I wonder what you consider to be a good card.
>>
File: SolRing.jpg (31KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
SolRing.jpg
31KB, 226x311px
How mad were people that owned original Sol Rings when Wizards started reprinting the card in every single commander set? It used to be a expensive, highly sought after card and now you can buy them for 30 cents.
>>
>>53925862
They don't get the luxury at getting mad.
If you have something as valuable as this that isn't on the reserved list there's a high chance of it being reprinted and made into something cheap again.
That being said, you can still sell the original one for a lot to collectors and those retarded "bling players".
>>
>>53925862
The original ones are still extremely expensive so only an autist would be mad about the reprints.

If anything, EDH has driven up the cost of Sol Ring because there is so much more demand for it now and some people want to play cooler ones than precon printings.
>>
I'm happy for the 93/94 format that ensures old cards stay overpriced. Having such elitist formats and collectors of old cards makes reprinting more viable.
>>
>>53926035
Enjoy your scraps like Sol Ring and judge promo P3K cards while those players use power, Library, Workshop, etc.
>>
>>53926059
All the power except time twister(which is worse than wheel because of recursion) is banned in EDH, so why would I care about power?

The only thing that's really expensive are lands and P3K, they have been reprinting P3K and just making straight up better lands. Command tower is better than the OG duals, and they are free to print a few more lands like it.
>>
>>53913065
To illustrate what others have said, I've heard of people using Guile(the avatar that steals anything you counter) as a secret commander by making a Jalira deck loaded with counterspells with Guile as the only nonlegendary creature in the deck.
>>
>>53926150
Seems like baral would be far superior for that strategy
>>
>>53926173
Jalira helps because you can polymorph a token into Guile safely always I guess.
>>
>>53926173
OH wait nvm, thought you said Jhoira. Polymorph chick works well.
>>
File: zurtheenchanter.full.jpg (57KB, 252x355px) Image search: [Google]
zurtheenchanter.full.jpg
57KB, 252x355px
>>53926150
>tfw having a zur enchants deck with oloro as commander, tutor up for zur, and search for gift of immortality asap
>>
>>53916552
Oh ive seen you have met youtube star Gare_Bear
what a nigger
>>
File: Angel-of-Condemnation.png (162KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Angel-of-Condemnation.png
162KB, 265x370px
>>
>>53925862
>30cents
they are still 3-5$ each everywhere around me
>>
>>53926332
Ooh, this is spicy as another blinker AND removal, and in standard it's going to rek embalm
>>
>>53926332
If only it wasn't 2W,T to blink it would be so good.
>>
>>53926362
I can order them from MCM in English and near mint quality for 0,70€.
>>
>>53926368
And the best part?
It has flying and vigilance, so you can hit opponents regularly and still fuck shit up.
If you manage to get a consistent untap engine going, you can have even more fun.

It's most certainly going in my Isperia Flying tribal.
>>
>>53926368
I have a feeling that with two cheap "nuke all graveyards" options and plenty of token and grave hate in general, embalm and eternalize are going nowhere fast in standard: if they try, the meta has more than enough tools to destroy them.
>>
>>53926332
this is good.
also why hasnt Always watching exert aggro been a thing yet?
>>
>>53926332
It's not like I want to build a Derevi.
>>
>>53926507
Fuck your shit.
>>
>>53926565
;_;
>>
>>53926332
That's probably going in my Brago deck.
>>
File: hourofglory.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
hourofglory.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
BAD TOUCH! BAD TOUCH!
>>
>>53926999
More like Hour of Bara, lmao.
>>
>>53926999
>*unzips stinger*
>>
>>53926999
It's so meeeeeeeeeh.
If it was cheaper it would see EDH play, but right now it's just a junk rare.
>>
File: dcf.png (169KB, 448x316px) Image search: [Google]
dcf.png
169KB, 448x316px
>>53926999
>>
>>53926999
>4 mana instant exile creature

seems pretty good
>>
File: 92.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>53927132
>>53926999
>>
File: 破滅の刻プレビュー.jpg (45KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
破滅の刻プレビュー.jpg
45KB, 344x480px
For those of you who don't read moonrunes,
Scry 3
//
Look at the top card of your library. If it’s a creature card, you may reveal it and put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.

BLUE GREEN GOOD STUFF!
BLUE GREEN GOOD STUFF!
>>
Thoughts on this build? not meant to be serious or competitive but its pretty fun.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sram-artifactenchantos/
>>
>>53925924
>those retarded "bling players"
I don't even understand people who seek out old sol rings. Unless you are making a deck that is all old border, which in EDH is shooting yourself in the foot, I think the new printings are much better looking.
>>
>>53927197
instant or sorcery?
>>
>>53927274
They're both sorcery.
>>
File: 82.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>53927132
This one is better IMO
>>
>>53926999
>>53927132

There are some better options but as a borderline removal choice I respect that it's instant, multicolor-friendly exile and less than a million mana.
>>
>>53927288

Depends if you are playing Mono-black or not. Hour of Glory is much easier to splash for.
>>
>>53927377
Unless you're playing some tri-color or more not focused around black it's not really hard to reach the BB to cast it. Or BBB if you want to strive and exile two at once.
>>
>>53916063
Actually people are thinking that with all three gods you'll get tons of draw as they'll all play off each other, as the first two do.
>>
>>53926999
>>53927152
Does it bother anyone else that they print a card that is strictly better than the other only one set apart?
>>
>>53927426
Rarities, they've done that before. Theros block had Hero's Downfall and a 6 mana killspell in a similar fashion.
>>
>>53927488
I'm pretty sure the 6 mana kill spell had some sort of rider.
>>
File: 1465058361343.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1465058361343.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>53927396
>playing less than three colours
>>
File: mummyhorror.jpg (30KB, 383x550px) Image search: [Google]
mummyhorror.jpg
30KB, 383x550px
>>53927528
>Limiting yourself to a tiny subset of all possible commanders

Anon, while monocolor is often (but not always) a trap, some of the best and/or most fun commanders are stuck on two.
>>
>>53923357
Here's a few that I've looked at while building my own.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/angry-aunties-nuclear-holocaust/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-the-scientist/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-17-wort-the-raidmother-edh/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-the-raidmother-75/
>>
File: 1462986750232.jpg (120KB, 674x672px) Image search: [Google]
1462986750232.jpg
120KB, 674x672px
>>53927564
>Limiting yourself to a tiny subset of all possible cards

Anon, while there are fewer (but not necessarily worse) commanders in 3+ colours, some of the best cards and/or most fun cards will be outside of your colours identity if you stick with two colours.
>>
>>53927620
>playing 3-5c goodstuff when you could be doing things with far more powerful 2c commanders

Get out
>>
>>53927635
>muh build-around commanders
If your deck doesn't function without your commander, your deck is shit.
>>
>>53927648
>edh
>playing not because a commander is fun, but because it's good

lol
>>
>>53927648
>Muh independence
If your deck doesn't utilize your commander, you're playing the wrong format. Or stuck in pre death-of-tuck mentalities like a fly in amber, but probably playing the wrong format.
>>
>>53927648
If your deck doesn't take full advantage of having a power piece on standby in a format with literally hundreds of creatures running around that can do so, you're a shit deckbuilder.
>>
>>53927648
Objectively wrong. A goodstuff deck is inherently weaker than a deck built around their commander, or that utilizes their commander in an efficient way.

>>53927620
>implying more cards is better
Also wrong. While access to a bigger, and often better, cardpool seems good, you only have so many slots in your deck. You can't possibly include everything you want, particularly in 3 or 4 colours when you're trying to build at a high level.

>>53927635
>implying people can't build whatever they want and that either concept is inherently more powerful
Come on anon, a 2C deck is "better" by virtue of easier manafixing. You can run triple devotion cards effectively in 2c, but in 3+, you really need to think carefully about big splashy cards like that if you don't want to get constantly manafucked.
>>
>>53927648
yeah, tell that to Prossh, Tazri...
>>
>>53927648
>If your deck doesn't function without your commander, your deck is shit.
Go play singleton Legacy, why build an EDH deck if your deck doesn't at least have 20% of cards that take advantage of an accessible card at all times? EDH should have at least some sort of interaction between the 99 and the Commander.
>>
>>53927648
Literally all the best decks in the format except for grixis storm rely on their commander.

Go back to 2009.
>>
File: 1488992670357.jpg (48KB, 516x493px) Image search: [Google]
1488992670357.jpg
48KB, 516x493px
>>53927720
>You can't possibly include everything you want, particularly in 3 or 4 colours when you're trying to build at a high level.
Sounds like you need to git gud at deckbuilding.

>A goodstuff deck is inherently weaker than a deck built around their commander, or that utilizes their commander in an efficient way.
>Gets commander removed five times then scoops.
Nice.

>>53927693
>not playing fun AND good

>>53927698
It's the only singleton format with a playerbase, so I'll take it.

>>53927707
>>53927760
>>53927763
>>53927784
So this is the power of shitposting... so many (you)s...
>>
>>53927784
And even Grixis Storm runs Jeleva instead of Nicol Bolas. There's an acknowledgement that your commander is there for something other than its color combo.
>>
>>53927809
Aaaand we've got this thread's candidate for resident shitposter. Thanks man, I was started to get concerned we wouldn't get one.
>>
>>53927809
>gets utterly btfo by the thread
>I-I was just pretending

Pathetic.
>>
>>53927917
You're welcome, fampaitachi.

>>53927966
Shitposting is my raison d'être. I play decks of all colours and powerlevels.
>>
>>53927809
>lol dies to removal
>not having various countermeasures depending on your color in a single creature focused deck
>ig dig shiggy twentyseven teens

heres your (you).
>>
>>53927987
>bragging about shitting up a thread

You need to go back
>>
>>53927996
>fill deck with protection for commander and synergy cards
>no slots left for removal or card draw
Nice.
>>
File: 1488035476276.png (523KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
1488035476276.png
523KB, 722x525px
>>53927987
>Shitposting is my raison d'être
Well, at least you're honest.

Doesn't change the fact that you got kicked in the teeth and are trying to pretend to be cool.
>>
>>53928019
Replying to shitposting is as bad as shitposting. Don't perpetuate the fecal flow.
>>
>>53928054
>posts anime
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>53928023
>no slots left for removal or card draw
Removal comes before Synergy and after WinCons
>>
File: great job.gif (503KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
great job.gif
503KB, 500x315px
>>53928076
>>
File: 1492858692435.gif (3MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
1492858692435.gif
3MB, 740x416px
>>53928076
>>
>>53928023
bitch please, my commander is a draw engine. zada 4 lyfe.
>>
Mystic Remora+Solemnity.
>>
>>53928253
or...Rhystic Study
>>
>>53928263
The Remora's upkeep cost wont rise I believe he is pointing out.
>>
>>53928263
Except Rhystic Study costs 1 to avoid the draw. It's basically a Sphere of Resistance. Mystic Remora is a lot harder to get around unless you're running a shitton of ramp.
>>
>>53928253
Tornado so you can Vindicate every turn.
Decree of Silence so your opponents can't cast anything.
Ritual of Subdual for a colorless Blood Moon.
>>
So, with the new Sphinx legendary, my flying tribal just got a smidgen more viable, I think, given that all Sphinx fly, and most of them are good.

Any suggestions?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-incongruable-the-untouchable/
>>
>>53928510
Sharuum Sphinx Tribal or go home.
>>
Which are the funniest commanders to play/play against?
>>
>>53928545
No.
I'm making one deck of each color combination, and Flying tribal Azorious seems more interesting than Stax or Flicker.
>>
>>53928565
go make your daily thread on reddit
>>
>>53928580
>He doesn't play UW Superfriends
Have fun Crazy Bird Man
>>
>>53928565
Phage. It's the perfect playstyle; killing yourself.
>>
>>53928565
Turbojank and 100% vorthos are the two best ways to play.
>>
>>53928651
I have a rasputin dreamweaver russian-tribal deck
>>
>>53927528
playing exactly 3 colors is just about the most pleb thing you can do
holy shit
>>
>>53928681
I play five.
>>
>>53928696
Tell me how good your stuff is.
>>
>>53928717
Exceptionally.
>>
>>53928681
>not playing Thrasios+X
>>
>>53919918
felttipmarker
>>
>>53928668
>russian-tribal
Post list pls
>>
Are there any alternative sac mana sources that aren't ashnod's and phyrexian altar?
>>
>>53928752
>implying 3 color thrasios is good
get on that 4c train maine
as with everything else
2c thrasios is good and 4c is good
3c bitches gtfo
>>
>>53928818
Not exactly, but Carnival of Souls works with another sac outlet. Phyrexian tower too, but without a way to untap it that's just a one time thing.
>>
>>53928818
There's Thermopod in red.
Also, not really the same thing, but Perilous Forays gives you lands.
>>
File: Sliver overlord.jpg (82KB, 337x482px) Image search: [Google]
Sliver overlord.jpg
82KB, 337x482px
>>53928696
>there are people who don't
Disgusting.
>>
>>53929420
>unironically playing slivers
>>
>>53928818
Krark-clan ironworks
>>
>>53929891
>implying hes not just 5c good stuff that tutors for vindicate on a stick and naturalize on a stick
poor poor pleb cant think outside the box
>>
>>53928076
where do you think you are, gayboi?
>>
Are there any white storm cards? trying to do a sram aetherflux build but I want other win cons aside from voltron or storming out with aetherflux/panharmonicon/paradox engine
>>
File: 2.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>53930347
>>
>>53930067
>arguement to being a 5c goodstuffs idiot is playing even more goodstuffs

hows that nonbasic landhate treating ya? :^)
>>
>>53930404
thats hilarious
>>
>>53930347
Astral Steel and a Wing Shards. Only Astral Steel helps and it's not very good.
>>
>>53930437
Yeah. I might add Astral Steel in the 99. Aside from those, any thing else I can use that can benefit from casting a ton of cards in one turn in mono white?
>>
Can I stack my Tangle Wire effects to remove a counter then tap three?
>>
>>53930494
That's the whole point of tanglewire hombre.

>>53930482
Idk, maybe Leonin Shikari? Altar of the Brood could be a dickass finisher if you're slick about it.
>>
File: 39.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>53930482
And that's about it, really.
>>
>>53930630
And Monastery Mentor, forgot that.
>>
>>53930482
There's Retether and another card I've forgotten; it returns all permanent sent to the graveyard that turn to the field. Should help in Sram.
>>
>>53930246
*grabs you by the dick*
b-back the fuck off?
>>
>>53930423
pretty good!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-08-16-mana-mastery/
>>
>>53930665
>>53930653
>>53930630
>>53930621
already in but thanks!
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.