[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TCG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 39

File: Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg (52KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg
52KB, 300x416px
Welcome to TCG on /tg/

Last thread: >>53663957

incase you ever wanted to know what there is here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once?
Here: https://discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 3 people in it.)

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?
>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?

As for me:
Does any one else play Dice Masters on and off?
>>
>>53706161
>>What's your main TCGs
Magic The Gathering
Duel Links (Digital I know but its fun)
>>How many have you played?
>>What do you wish came back?
Old School Yu-gi-oh
>>What do you wish had a game?
The fuck does that mean
>>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?
No, what the hell since when do you get scholarship money for playing pokemons?
>>
>>53706207
>digital
Hey it's fun! I love hearthstone personally

>the fuck does that mean
what series or something else do you wish had a card game?

>playing pokemon
yeah you'd be surprised, google it, it'll pop right up. Nintendo wants to see the world learn. I wish I could
>>
>>53706254
>what series or something else do you wish had a card game?
I guess Star Trek would be interesting, or a Cult-Classic-Horror movie card game.
>>
>>53706289
see the wiki. I believe there was a star trek game a LONG time ago
>>
selfish bump
>>
>>53706300
At least one, if not more. Would be interesting to see one what was like L5R, managing resources, dealing with politics, and building your ships and crews. Original art (or at least not everything being a screenshot from the show) and some liberty to add more ship and item designs.

>>53706161
>What's your main TCGs
Magic
Wixoss
9ish, not counting games I've played once.
Magi-Nation would be cool is it were streamlined.
Nothing in particular, but a game that wasn't just !NotMagic or Waifucards would be nice in the West.
No
>>
>>53706161
>What's your main TCGs
Magic: the Gathering

Have I EVER played? probably about 6. 6 that I can really remember, anything else I never owned.

Hecatomb. Ok, those fucking cards were a bitch to store and annoying to shuffle but the game was fun and being more of a race than an elimination game played better in multiplayer than M:tG. I've still got all my old deck (and almost every unique card they ever printed) and have long considered getting crafty and assembling some individual boxes and a big box to treat the lot of them like a finite card game. But as nice as that project would be, a revival would be better

I only played pokemon many moons ago. Didn't know that was a thing, pretty cool of Nintendo.

Left this one to last because it's a weird question. I guess a lot of CCGs are based on existing properties. But IMO the key to having a CCG really work is that the theme needs to be able to be extended almost infinitley, so ones that make their own universes like Magic and L5R are on more solid ground, though having a diverse and/or long running franchise or broad theme could also work. and this one's getting long so I'll float a few ideas in a second post.
>>
>>53708980
>Doctor Who
Might actually exist, I don't know, it seems like a major property to have never had a shitty tie-in CCG. I love the show and it's got more than enough material to mine and is STILL GOING but the format doesn't exactly lend itself to a competitive head-to-head game. I'd be open to seeing where they go with the mechanics

>RWBY
The fighting in the show is both big and fast and if you could capture that in card play you'd be on a good track. It hasn't been around super-long but it lends itself really well, thematically, to playing out duels or multiplayer brawls. If the makers wanted to stay close to the core material rather than opening the universe for a more "Your deck, your dudes" approach it would probably work better as an LCG with nonrandom character packs, though (like Android). But I feel like it's an open setting where the player wouldn't have to pick and be a character for the game to work and be on theme.

>Fire Upon the Deep/Zones of Thought series
And heading up the "never going to happen" category, the works of Vernor Vinge. I feel like this one would have to expand the universe, putting the player not in control of any of the characters from the books, but rather their own civilization in the Beyond. The nature of the Slow Zone/Beyond/Transcend lends itself to potentially getting a sort of "push your luck" mechanic where you can strike out for miracles at the risk of self-destructing or put down roots below that are very difficult to go after. If I had to choose an epic space setting to make a CCG out of, this would be it.
>>
>>53708990
>RWBY duels/brawls
A few games do the fighting game/duel thing, but to my knowledge they rely on existing properties which causes problems. I like the idea of a TCG that acts like a fight (alla DBZ or UFS) but like you said, having your own world and lore is a benefit in the long run. Seen a few LCG/board games that do it right, but I wonder if an original IP would survive long enough to get off the ground.

I think whoever bought and rebooted UFS actually added in OCs, so maybe they're trying to go that route.
>>
>>53709278
Interesting... tell me more.
>>
>looking for an avacyn angel of hope playmat because I like angels.
>can't find one, decide to get a custom one made with the art from a 3rd party that doesn't give a shit
>find art
>notice she has no right hand visible
>can't not see that her right arm sleeve has nothing in it and buy a purifier mat instead.
>>
>>53706161

Sup dudes does Unearth count as a "cast" for a card such as Vengevine? It says you Unearth only as a sorcery and sorceries are cast but I'm not really sure because Vengevine specifies casting creatures so is it the Unearth ability being cast or is it the creature being cast through Unearth or whut...

I'm tryna make some important jank, judges pls help.
>>
>>53713283
Unearth is an activated ability. You do not cast anything when you unearth. It's easy to understand your confusion since Flashback and Aftermath both cast, but unfortunately that's not how Unearth works
>>
Aw thanks guys :) I was hoping for you guys to pop in!
>>
File: epic_box.jpg (89KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
epic_box.jpg
89KB, 250x333px
is Epic a good card game?
>>
>>53714015
I think so
i've heard of it
>>
>>53712061
So UFS was sold at some point, and it's been rebooted from what friends tell me. The powercurve is rescaled (I don't know if older cards are stronger or weaker), and the number of properties decreased. King of Fighters is still around (because SNK can't make money to save their lives), Soul Caliber, and Megaman of all things are the IPs available for current sets. In addition, the new owners have created a series of their own characters.

I kind of like this idea. If you know your own card game idea won't compete with branded board games and Magic, and you're going to mash a bunch of stuff together anyway, why not sneak your own IP in? Make it the core set and maybe if your game actually lasts more than a year people will like your designs and writing.

>>53712528
Now that you point that out, I can't unsee it either, and it would totally bug me.

I think the only playmat I ever saw that I considered buying is Pharaika, since I'm picky about Magic art and most animu art sucks hard.

Who would play a game about traversing dream worlds and gathering psychic energy from sleeping humans and your defeated enemies?
>>
>>53716536
UFS is still a thing I believe, I think it may've been turned into VS' if I remember right.
>>
on't forget, the discord is temp link, so if you close discord/tab you will get kicked (it's to help the ones who don't wish to actually come back. I want active members). Still looking for more people tho!

Hope to see you guys there
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 480x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 480x496px
>>53717587
It is yeah, but it's changed handsome recently. You can find the Megaman stuff in bookstores.
>>
>>53720003
OH SHIT I HAVE A REASON TO GET INTO THE GAME NOW SXIDJNFZS;JDHFGAUFDLDHFGL

Also I believe there's a DC pack too
>>
>>53706161
>MTG.
> 8 or 9?
>Paper WOWTCG.
>I can't think of a source material that would transition well.
>Implying the Pokemon TCG or VGC rules are worth playing.

>>53712528
Archangel Avacyn's art has her right arm visible.
>>
>>53720024
LET'S FUCKING PLAY BRO YYYEEEEAAAAHABNDFOFKDLWNWGAIDOSBDDKDNDLDLDHDB
But seriously, was shown the game and given a Hsien Ko deck to play. Neat idea, where you have attacks and you "mana" doubles as attack modifiers. The playgroup insists its cheap, but they're the same people who spend $200 a month on video games like it's nothing and then say Magic is expensive.
>>
>>53721172
Is this UFS or VS?
>>
>>53706161
>posting a discord link for a 4chan general
Does your subreddit have its own tumblr too?
>>
>>53721650
Why are you an asshole anon?
No I don't use reddit sorry.
If you don't want to join, that's fine.
Also, plenty of generals on 4chan have a discord. Get over it.
>>
File: IMG_0415.jpg (48KB, 333x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.jpg
48KB, 333x443px
>What's your main TCGs
I just came back after a 10 year complete shutdown on tcgs, but I'm learning Magic and Pokemon (used to be a YuGiOh fag
If HeathStone counts, four.
Yu-Gi-Oh is still around so I guess I wish they had multiple formats, like Magic. Not sure if it would work tho. I stopped playin YGO when I got tired of the way they were designing cards/sets while mishandling the ban list.
Not sure, but I wish we had more than just the Big 3 on paper TCGs. Nothing seems to get even closer to those 3 and only Magic and Pokemon truly seem to be actually BIG
Nope; Didn't even knew this was a thing.
>>
>>53722196
the biggest problem with Yugioh will always be their ridiculous cards that make no damn sense. They shouldn't have even made pendulum monsters and now they made LINK monsters which I know nothing about but it's stupid from what I've seen.
>>
>>53706161
>>What's your main TCGs
mtg
>>How many have you played?
pretty much every popular one available
>>What do you wish came back?
not necessarily come-back, but I wish yu-gi-oh was revamped (in respect to how its ocg/tcg split works)
>>What do you wish had a game?
more digital card games had a physical counterpart (similar to pokemon)
>>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?
hell no
>>
>What's your main TCGs
Pokémon & Buddyfight

Digimon. Played it when I didn't know jack shit about games, so I would like to relearn it properly

I wish Crusade or Gundam Wars was in English

No, I get satisfactory compensation as a judge though.
>>
>>53722698
What's Crusade?
>>
>>53722698
>judge
I'm workong on that on and off. I wanna be a Pokemon Judge.
>>
File: PA080002.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PA080002.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
Used to play Vanguard because they have a few race/archetype/clan that consists of kawaii uguu animu mermaid idols

Kinda stopped cold turkey 8 months ago. The game is really straight forward sometimes, and I think I'm kinda done with the game.
>>
>>53721431
UFS, the logo made to look like a fighting game's VS icon.

>>53722196
How are you liking Magic?

>>53722698
>Digimon
I always forget I played this too. I never found it to be more complex than rock-paper-scissors, but anyone else who mentions it says how broken it was.
>Buddyfight
Not to be a huge shill but have you tried Wixoss. I've heard they have similar mechanics and the online fansite works pretty damn well.
>>
>>53723785
I tried to get into Vanguard but it just wasn't my thing.

>>53723841
ok I guess that makes since. Is that still around?
>>
File: 1452846131615.jpg (95KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1452846131615.jpg
95KB, 447x444px
I mainly play MTG. I played Force of Will for a time but it was mostly a fad in my locals. I had to stop going because I had a night class on locals night, came back when it was done, and the store was empty. There was another area which I checked out, but everyone there were people I would not voluntarily spend my time with. None of my original friends who got me into it were there.

>>53723785
I would like to play Vanguard but nobody else near me plays it. On top of that, fuck those prices. There is zero reason this card game should cost that much. Spike Brothers would have been my main clan. Back when I actively did seek out ways to play, they were what I had. Dudley Emperor was no joke and neither was Bad End/Bloody Ogle.
Not to mention everyone there was a high tier fedoralord weeb.

I don't mean to be an elitist or a snob, but I simply don't want to spend my free time "socializing" with people who I really don't like. For example, there was a guy there completely decked out in SAO gear. Hat, playmat, sleeves, playmat tube, deck box, back pack, and water bottle. Probably cost more than his deck all together. I'm fine with sucking it up for a round, but not if the entire tournament is filled with people like that. Not to mention vapefags.
>>
File: pomf.jpg (84KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
pomf.jpg
84KB, 265x370px
>>53706161
>Main TCGs
Right now MTG I guess
6 competitively.
Not a TCG but Dungeon Dice Monsters
Not sure right now

So what is everyone's opinion on power creep in card games?
Is it unavoidable as you make multiple sets on sets or can it be stopped without a standard style rotation?
>>
File: P8050734.jpg (3MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
P8050734.jpg
3MB, 2000x1500px
>>53723891
>price issue
I guess I'm lucky then. The prices isn't too ridiculous here (I'm in an SEA country). Single prices are largely underpriced (English version) compared to online ebay/western shop prices.

The players sometimes even sell their old decks at lower than market value just to get rid of them.

I get what you mean. Card games attract the worst crowd most of the time for some reason.
>play MTG
>meet a dudebro type of guy who gets off from winning games
>he boasts how good he is at the game all the time
>gets mad and yell his luck was bad when he loses
>dude never won or made it to the top 8 of high level play tournaments

Funny how the best players who won big bucks in MTG are mostly humble and cool/sociable people.
>>
>>53723891
>Not voluntarily spend my time with
OH GOD I know what you mean exactly anon. I've seen those hairy creepy neckbeards who have no idea what hygiene is. One store I went to literally had to put a sign up that said "If you come in here, you must shower first." Even then, fedoras, animu waifu shirts, the whole 9 yards and so on. I've seen it pretty bad. But then you find the right people who look like they don't even play TCGs in there and they are good people.

>eletist
Nah anon, you're not being one, you're looking for a chill environment that doesn't make you wanna cringe. Likely these kids were that, kids/teenagers and didn't realize what they were. People like us are basically the nerds who look "normal" and just wanna do shit

>>53723935
>DDM
HELL YEAH
However, dicemasters.com check their sets. They have a yugioh set, it's likely the closet we will get for a long time.

>>53723944
Yeah, these dudes learn quick. But it's scary when you meet the kids with money and are complete assholes. I knew a few people who were like that. They would buy a deck every 6 months and be like "I just bought all my shit from troll n toad! Look at my cool as Naruto deck!" During my entire time I played, I technically won 1 tourny. I've never won a single one in any game other than Naruto
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1066x800px
>>
>>53722816
Crusade System is JP-only thing that's essentially the manly version of Weiss.

>>53723326
Keep at it! If you feel like the application is taking too long to be processed, send in a support ticket.

>>53723841
I enjoy Wixoss a lot. Native moon friend taught us the game with trial decks. Sucks there's no where cheap to buy singles to the US.
>>
>>53725041
i sure hope so, I enjoy Pokemon TCG a lot and would love to see where it takes me.
>>
Does Dice Masters counts as a tcg (like)?
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (132KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
132KB, 544x544px
>>53722288
Yu-Gi-Oh seems to be poorly designed. I mean, like don't care to play test new sets, they only go and make powerful cards, put them on the Secret/Ultra Rare slots and expect people to buy them.

The complete lack formats is also frustrating. We're forced to play Legacy with a shitty power creep that constantly requires heavy bans.

I recognize that I might be a nostalgia fag, but sometimes I think the last good was Invasion of Chaos, and even then when I look back at that set and the cards they made for it I realize that was already a poorly designed set
>>
File: IMG_0460.jpg (40KB, 238x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.jpg
40KB, 238x334px
>>53723841
>How are you liking Magic?
I'm in love with the format diversity and enjoying the gameplay depth.

Right now I'm experimenting with a simple, straightforward, Modo Red Aggro deck in Standard, but I might jump in Pauper Legacy eventually. I just signed for HOU's pre release and will play the League
>>
>>53727747
When you've gotten your gameplay sea-legs, come join the dark side with EDH.
>>
>>53727610
I def agree anon. But I guess cause I've been in the game for so long I can't see myself leaving.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 358x500px
>>53723855
Yeah. It's only been half a year since it was shown to me. Quick look on Amazon showed me that there's a mix of old new stuff that isn't outrageously priced, and their main website is probably a good place to start.

>>53723891
>those people
I've been fortunate to avoid those people playing Magic, but then again I mostly play casually, or do sealed every once in a while. I only jumped into standard like twice and again, seem to have gotten lucky.
I was in the nerd/anime/games//tg/ club in college, so I've had my fill of people like that.

>>53723935
Power creep shows either the limits of the system or the lack of imagination on the designer's part. That, and I do think it's a natural part of a game aging. Let's say you test a game for a year or two before releasing it, and it lasts longer than two years. At some point you've got 3-4 years of game and meta data, as well as the reaction of hundreds to thousands of players. Dumping your Time Walks and Lotuses to reduce power, and printing your Doom Blades and Incinerates to get the game where you want it is natural.

And formats help, even if it can lead to weird peaks (Zendikar-Mirroden) and lows (right now) powerwise.

>>53725041
Buying anything but the big three sucks in Burgertown. Sealed stuff can be finagled from amazon.jp, but singles run you a lot either way yeah. If some anons can deal with the animu, I might try to get some of them on webxoss to learn how to play.
>>
>>53730784
Yeah i wanted to get into FOW cause of alice in wonderland, but I never got the chance.
>>
>What's your main TCGs
Magic

2, just Magic and Yugioh.

Nothing in particular

Etrian Odyssey or Bravely Default/Second, fo sho

Nope, haven't touched the Pokemon TCG. I played VGC17 in Sumo for fun, was a great but short lived experience.

What spicy things have been released between the Khans of Tarkir block up to present? I stopped playing and paying attention to MtG because I have been a poorfag and also I moved to a different city with a much more serious and competitive community. But now I'm getting back into it and playing tons of Modern in a small and casual community.

I saw that silly enchantment with the 4 modes. One of them being lose the game. It's pretty funny and sneaky with Harmless Offering.
>>
>>53736970
My american descendant of ancient africans, the true Patrician gamestyle.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-dizzle-smizzles-presents/
>>
File: nut.jpg (72KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
nut.jpg
72KB, 750x750px
>>53737174
I'm Canadian Indian, don't believe there's any American blood in me, haha.

>Tormod's Crypt
>Immortal Coil
>pic is mfw
>>
>>53736970
Since Khans, the second Zendikar and Innistrad blocks, the Kaladesh block, and half of Amonhket.

>Zendikar 2
Eldrazi come back, and they introduce colorless mana costs on non-artifact cards, as well as the colorless symbol for mana (and associated costs).

>Innistrad 2
Innistrad+Lovecraft+Eldrazi... Flips are back as well.

>Kaladesh
Low-powered artifact theme. Vehicles that your creatures pilot, black-tribe called aetherborn that are sexless indulgent aether people, a banned uncommon card involved in an infinite combo.

>Amonhket
Plane controlled by Bolas, !notEgypt where everything can become a zombie, new cycle of gods, and /tg/ loves bitching about every little thing from the strength of the rares to Wizards' shit handling of racial representation.

I've not been super engaged in standard, but I made a shitty vehicle deck, a non-eldrazi colorless deck, and think the aetherborn and the mechanic for the mummies are pretty neat.
>>
>>53737548
I see I see. I've heard of vehicles. Are they a meme? Like, the next wave of Myrs? Myrs seemed like a newbie/casual meme.

>sees all 5 colour mana myrs and myr galvanizer
>sees exsanguinate, fireball, red sun's zenith, etc.
>"hey guys I've got this infinite mana deck I'm going to use next FNM and it's gonna be sweet ecksdee"

I've also heard of this crazy strong zombie in Standard now, I think I'm overdue for some research on the new cards. From what I've seen my favorite new mechanic is Surge. Twin-Headed Giant is the most popular game type here so I've been looking at making some fun decks with cards that hit all opponents, such as Taigam's Scheming or Pulse Tracker.
>>
would you play a Smash bros TCG?
>>
>>53738155
There's one good vehicle. Heart of Kiran.
>>
>>53706161
>Main TCG's
Yu-gi-oh, magic, and unfortunately Hearthstone
7 or so, most I tried for a week and quit.
>What do you wish came back.
a better hearthstone, I just want a casual experience again.
>what you wished had a game.
The Bravely series, there is some cool concepts that could be put to use.
>Pokemon
No.

On a side not, what plane would you like WotC to revisit? Personally, I think Kamigawa would bring some interesting things to the table.
>>
>>53706161
I play yughio. dark magician deck

I have played around 30-ish times

and I kind of wish there was a good card game for gwent. there is one coming out but I'm not sure it will do it justice
>>
>>53743339
Lowryn/shadowmoor for art reasons alone.
>>
>>53743403
for clarification 30-ish yughio games, not TCG's

how does magic the gathering work? I'm curious
>>
>>53743433
tldr; play one land per turn, tap lands to pay the cost for other cards. In combat, all attacking creatures attack a player, then that player decides which of his creatures block which of the attacking creatures. Some spells can be played during your opponents turn in response to stuff they do.
The rest is basically "what it says on the cards."
>>
File: 13658395964.jpg (193KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
13658395964.jpg
193KB, 1200x675px
>>53743433
Magic is one of the only TCG's where you can ask yourself "What do I want to accomplish?", and then you can build a deck out of it (though it may not be competitive tier.). it has a easy entry feel, mostly if you read the rules that come with a Precon. be careful because MTG has a somewhat steep learning curve, mostly when you start learning about what's good, the stack, passing priority, and more.

I'd recommend it, just don't lose yourself.
>>
>>53743499
thank you, very much anon.
so playing 1 monster I have on attack on your life.

if you have a monster you can stop it, if you have two and attack me I can stop one
>>
>>53743433
If you are curious to try it out, Magic Duels is free and does a decent jobb of teaching the basics. It does take a while before it lets you play with any interesting decks though.
>>
>>53743512
no I don't think will be doing that until I have "perfected" my own deck in yughio against as many decks as possible
ie almost impossible

>>53743547
I will take a look thanks
>>
>>53743530
Yep. you can also make several monsters block the same attacking one, letting smaller creatures gang up to kill big ones.
>>
well then gents what decks are there? any potential strategy's?
>>
>>53743339
>unfortunately
Why's that?

>>53743433
Magic is the seed to all TCGs
>>
>What's your main TCGs
Shadowverse, MtG
The above two as well as Elder Scrolls: Legends, Hearthstone (unfortunately), and Eternal. Kinda interested in L5R because I played the TTRPG, but nevr tried the card game.
I miss the pre-Tempest of Gods Shadowverse, where meme decks ran rampant.
Nothing in particular. I want more wurms in magic though.
>>
Hey/tcgg/, I have a magic deck I got as a gift from a friend that I'm never ever really going to use since it's out of date by years, and I don't know anyone who plays magic anyway

Is there any sort of wannabe-dungeon game I can make with it? I saw someone mention that you can set the cards face down like a path and flip one over when your "character" enters that area
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 1296x728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1296x728px
>>53741628
Depends. If it was just Magic with a Nintendo skin, no. If it was interesting to play and wasn't just Smash screenshots and existing art put on cards, I might give it a try if I could play as a squid, Sheik/Tetra, or Kirby.

>>53741633
Copter is good enough that they banned it.

>>53743409
As much as I would like a revamped set with Moonfolk, Kitsune, and Nezumi, I'd want more Lorwyn/Shadowmoor art first.
>>
>>53727610
IOC broke the game pretty good.
Legacy is pretty much over now because you have to play links thanks to them changing the games rules.
It's pretty telling there most popular game is the fucking mobile game with nothing faster than ritual cards.
>>
>>53748079
I had it all worked out a long ass time ago, I just lost all my work, however I have all the cards printed, but what I may do is recreate it. Different card design and everything. I was thinking closer to a hearthstone style with a bit of yugioh but directly from your hand when you get it.

Then I have a game called Banana and Hammers, this is more a group game. I tested this one out at my card shop and took some notes. Guys said it worked out awesomely but still needs some more cards in it. Works great with 4 to 5 people. I got the idea from Cards against Humanity.
>>
Don't you die on me
>>
>>53753996
Sorry. Maybe use something that gets threads back from the discard pile?
>>
File: file.png (114KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
114KB, 187x270px
How's this?
>>
>>53750208
>Hearthstone+Yugioh
So a limited field fueled by a growing resource system? Sorry, I've never played HS and haven't seen YGO mechanic in a decade so I may not have the knowledge to really get a grasp on your system.
What made you go for the HS energy system? That's something I'm always a bit wary about: non-card resources that need counters and tokens like Magic's Kaladesh energy or everything in Magi-Nation. Ideally I think you'd want a game where you have a deck, the other player has a deck, and at most you need paper and pencil to count life. (I say this despite loving +1/+1 counters in Magic.)

You ever think abut refining your game and trying to sell it?

>>53755785
Unlike Magic, can't you not use non-native cards in your region?
>>
>>53755878
In beta, the Smash game was simple enough. You drew of course and had various items like in the game version. each card would either help you or hinder your opponent.
>last sentence
Do you mean like attaching a card to another card to stop it?
I'm really confused
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 310x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 310x266px
>>53755913
>Smash game
Was it an avatar-type game, where say you start the game as Samus, or did you bring characters into play on-mass like most games?

>last sentence
I was making a joke, and on reflection fucked it up.
I insinuated that Japanese Yugioh cards couldn't be used outside Japan because sometimes they had different rulings for different languages, where in reality it's Pokemon cards that has that rule of not using Japanese cards outside Japan because of the different card back for the Japanese cards (despite the prevalence of sleeves).
>>
>>53706161
>What's your main TCGs
Magic The Gathering and technically Yugioh, but haven't played either in years(and probably won't return to Yugioh since I despise the way the game has evolved since I stopped playing it) and only intermittently buy anything for MtG

Duel Masters, and that half-assed Kaijudo version doesn't count(especially since they explicitly made that version incompatible with standard Duel Masters)

we'll probably see another attempt at a revival by WOTC within the next couple of years though, since it's an easy product for them to make since all they need to do is translate the Japanese originals

probably Gundam or SRW

>>53723935
>Not a TCG but Dungeon Dice Monsters
honestly DDM would be the perfect game to be turned into a primarily digital game, something in the style of Hearthstone, could make Konami a ton of money if they did it right
>>
>>53757917
When did you stop playing yugioh?
>>
I've played Mtg for years, old school YuGiOh (just getting back into that now a bit) but I'm actually developing my own tcg/ccg (in case of digital?) that will probably suck balls and I'll never finish but I'm hoping to draw upon my experience to make something new and interesting.
>>
>>53757917
>Gundam

You're in luck. There is Gundam Cross War on the android, which is in English and has English support for its physical TCG, which is Japanese.
>>
>>53757998
I'd have to double check, but around 2011 or so(most recent cards I own are from a Dragunity Structure Deck)

>>53758145
I'll have to look into that
>>
>>53757580
It was a once per turn idea. no no the magic part

>>53758094
if you're interested, come check out my discord, since I am on and off working on my own, you could potentially get some help there if ya like man.
>>
>>53758248
So like during Dragon Ruler format?
>>
File: Forget-Me-Not.png (451KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
Forget-Me-Not.png
451KB, 480x486px
>>53758094
I hate two player mats more than anything.
ALSO--
As another anon interested in custom card games I'd be interested to talk to you about ideas on certain core concepts.
>>53758834
not him but lemme hop on that discord 2mrw, going to bed right now.
>>
>>53759080
aight dude, see you there
>>
>>53723891
My dislike of fedoralord neckbeards infesting my main TCG (Vanguard) is also highly vindicated by the knowledge that the latest clan leader tournament in Japan had an 11 year old girl utterly sweeping the waifubait mermaid clan bracket.
>>
>>53759031
possibly, I never really paid much attention to the Meta after I graduated High School(in 2008), which feeds into my problems with the way the game is now, it's too damn fast paced, in my opinion the game shouldn't normally be winnable in under 5 turns minimum, not this "win in 1 or 2 turns through the usage of ridiculously convoluted combos" garbage the game consists of now
>>
>>53759200
The game has been like that for a long time. Konami would need to hit a lot of things to slow down the game. Also, Links don't slow down the game.
>>
>>53759286
>The game has been like that for a long time. Konami would need to hit a lot of things to slow down the game. Also, Links don't slow down the game.
hence why it's unlikely for me to return to the game, well that and having no one to play with
>>
>>53706161
>What's your main TCGs
vampire: the eternal struggle
mtg, vtes, rage, call of cthulhu
vtes is so dying atm, so I'll say vtes don't go
have not, am employed
>>
>>53759465
>am unemployed
keep looking dude! I JUST got a job this weekend. Took me at least 5 months
>>
>>53758834
>the magic part
The problem with reading your own writing is that it makes sense in your head...

I think I was saying that the fewer extra pieces you have (damage counters, energy counters, plus counters, charge counters, etc.) the better.
>>
>>53759143
>11 year old girl utterly sweeping the waifubait mermaid clan bracket
This sounds hilarious.
>>
>>53720003
>>53717587
>>53716536
I really really really really want a Skullgirls UFS set. even just a few decks without a booster set or something
>>
I'm trying to shore up some old-ass stuff. anyone have boxes of Rage, On the Edge, etc etc that they want to sell?
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 898x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 898x388px
>>53765756
I love KoF so fucking much and I haven't invested in UFS yet (no one to play and I don't like reused art). But if they made Skullgirls cards I'd jump right on that shit.

Squiggly VS Hsienko for Maximum Hoppage.
>>
File: IMG_0887.jpg (144KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0887.jpg
144KB, 1024x769px
Seeing all these posts about "old school yugioh" is making my blood boil. Old school yugioh to me was nothing but FTKs and unbeatable lock downs (like the Yata lock for instance)
New yugioh is fast, fair, combo heavy and more importantly fun. Old yugioh was a piece of trash and I'll never know how it took off with the ridiculous amount of flaws it had.
>>
>>53706161
I'd quite like a dark souls/bloodborne tcg, with gameplay as fast and unbalanced as the PvP from the games.
>>
>>53766616
When people refer to "old yugioh", they're talking about how they were shitters and their knowledge of the game extended to normal beatdowns and attacking into mirror forces.
That or they use it as some form of nostalgic anchor of a more simple time. The more I think about it the more I realize that's what I do for 5DS, because that's when I got into the game myself. The more we stray from that era the more I yearn for it to come back.

Also Duel Links revitalized nostalgiafags. A few of my friends almost got back into the game itself after playing DL and dug up their "old" decks (Dark World, Lightsworn, and Glad Beasts), while me and another guy with too much expendable money bought some of our own. I used to play gem knights but they were curled to shit. I bought into Lunalights because waifu decks reign supreme and the Dark World player got extremely assmad the second he saw the pendulum card and refused to play it against it after I got out a Leo Dancer and he found out that he can't just use grapha to kill it.
I had a backup deck, but I was still annoyed because he went on this whole rant about how pendulums ruined the game and meanwhile I have to sit there while he loops an absurd amount of draw and discards, popping my field, and removing everything of importance from my hand.
Recently I had enough and bought into two other decks, subterrors and my personal favorite deck earth psychics. By the time I bought them and the cards shipped the wave was gone and now I just have ~200 worth in yugioh cards that can't be used competitively because they suck sitting in a deck box on my shelf.
>>
>>53767566
You need better friends tbqhf
>>
>>53767566
>went on this whole rant about how pendulums ruined the game

Pendulums LITERALLY did nothing wrong. Hearing shitters complain about Pendulums makes me extremely angry.
>>
>>53766698
You start the game with a player and a weapon (hunter and scimitar, bandit and claymore, Lucatiel and Mirrah greatsword, or even Darkwraith and Darkwraith sword), which determine what spell, defense, and attack cards you can play. Play armor and rings for buffs, additional weapons for options.

>fast
Both players take their combat phases at the same time, putting two or three cards face/down, and each flipping one at a time simultaneously and applying both attack-defense cards at once. Repeat for all facedown cards.
Paired attacks both hit.
Attacks react differently to parries, blocks, and dodges.
Running out of stamina leaves you vulnerable.
>broken
Just pick a weapon or character to make OP in each expansion. Claymore, Santier's, Evelyn, etc.
>>
>>53767566
>they're talking about how they were shitters and their knowledge of the game extended to normal beatdowns and attacking into mirror forces
Hah, this is me.
>>
>>53766616
you can blame normies on this shit and I use that word non-ironically too. These people see something popular and play it on their phones and never actually play it IRL again.
Same thing with Pokemon Go.

>>53767566
I 1/2 agree with your friend because so far I've not met really anyone who like pendulums. Most everyone says they are trash and annoying as fuck to play with. One of my friends is a judge and said that it's really hard to judge what they do and how they work. I don't mind new summonings cause it's interesting in how they work. I want to see it. I want to get into it, but then it got so ridiculous that I just don't play them at all. I wanted to, but then I realized I should stick to fusions and XYZs.

They aren't horrible it's just, I don't need them I guess.

>>53768830
why?
BTW I still have a discord, an anon said he wanted to join, just seeing if he's around
>>
>>53771947
The thing is that the pendulums in Lunalights might as well just be continuous spells. You don't ever set the scales in that deck.
>>
>>53772171
I don't know anything about that deck. But I did try them out and just wasn't a fan of it.

I get what konami is doing, they are trying to find a way to balance the game without being overly ridiculous at least but now we gotta put up with links. I have a feeling that summons is going to piss people off
>>
https://wizkids.com/in-memory-of-adam-west-contest/

He may be gone, but he's not forgotten
>>
>>53708647
Wixoss
I demand to play with you sometime. You like the idea of a few skype games? The offer stands for any of you who wouldn't mind.
>>
Anyone here use ygopro or dueling book?
>>
For MTG, if I'm stuck playing EDH, which of the precon decks is most fun?

I sold out of MTG a while ago and have the urge to start back up, just not sure how I should start.
>>
>>53774283
You're best off asking the edh general.
>>
>>53713711
thx desu senpai
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480528979067.jpg (64KB, 405x568px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480528979067.jpg
64KB, 405x568px
>>53706161
>Main
MtG, Modern and Edh
>played
Duelmasters, Hecatomb, Yugioh, pokemon, too many box card games to count, Weiss, Force of Will, Vanguard, wixoss(online since no one plays paper in NA)
>wish came back
Hecatomb. Game was great.
Also fun flavor.
>wish you had a game
Yes. Im working on a box draft game now, plan on publishing it at small conventions for fun.
Currently looking at printing options/artists.
RIP wallet.

Wish Wixoss got a ENG release. Its designed amazing. Too bad the terrible dub and lewd art keeps it from happening.
>>
File: 1473882676260.jpg (274KB, 850x1235px) Image search: [Google]
1473882676260.jpg
274KB, 850x1235px
>>53777729
Should mention, yugioh was played 'competitively' with a team for years (back in chaos and yatta dsyd) quit around the time glad beast really hit stride and lightsworn were getting booted out thanks to sideboards. Realized most of the people playing, including myself, were not having any fun just nerd rage.

Duelmasters at a high level as well, that and Hectaomb dying (and inbetween Wizard's Dreamblade) made me swear off Wizards for half a decade till It became apparent MtG was the only card game allowed to exist (tired of starting games just for the playerbase to move on or the company to stop out of the blue.). How Wizards handled Duelmasters and Hecatomb were beyond ridiculous.
I pity those who bought into kaijudo, duelmasters shitty retarded cash in cousin.

>hating on fedoras and waifufags
From the outside looking in, anyone spending a friday looking at pictures of dragons and elves arguing over rules is about the same as a brony. Only good part of this is now I know in high level mtg that using weeb shit puts opponents on tilt, which is good.

The amouny of Wixoss players is surprising. Where my Wixoss b/a/ttoru posters at?
>>
>What's your main TCGs
MtG / CF Vanguard
Spellfire, MtG, Pokemon, YGO, CFV, Force of Will and tried a bit of Weiss Schwarz, but that was too weeb even for me.
Spellfire.
Star Wars. I know, I mean a proper one.
I wish, I played back on the Team Rocket set, didn't have internet at my disposal.
>>
>>53723891
>Spike Brothers would have been my main clan
The good news is that you can make a viable deck for this clan without shelling an unreasonable amount of money.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 736x958px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 736x958px
>>53773103
It's been a month or so since I last got on webxoss. I wonder if Ril and Mel finally have support.

>>53777729
Yeah, the game wouldn't work outside of Japan since card games are marketed as a children's toy, and westerners hate sex like they hate terrorists. Getting physical cards sucks, and worse of all teaching it to people who can't read hiragana and katakana is torturous.

Who's your main? Pic aside I rock Tawil, and am trying to get used to there being black in her deck.
>>
>>53779687
>westerners
Should have said Americans. Whoops.
>>
File: 1488014573849.jpg (746KB, 2000x1780px) Image search: [Google]
1488014573849.jpg
746KB, 2000x1780px
>>53779687
>Who's your main

I havnt played since around wx-10 or 8ish, but Tama forever. Red Tama is fun as well. Mostly got curb stomped by better players or couldnt get a game going so slowed down. Especially once monthly wixoss threads died on /a/ (I blame LOSTORAGE, the fuck were they thinking)

Still collect heavily as she is waifu
>>
>>53779687
Webxoss is up to WX15. I tried building the newer decks, but they tend to be awkward due to a somewhat limited cardpool. You want some sort of contact method?
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 273x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 273x384px
>>53779796
Always had a chip on my shoulder against Tama and Iona. Partially because Tama had some good angels Tawil couldn't play with, but mostly Mayu. I've lightened up about Tama, especially since the day I shut down a Tama player with Shubniggura the first day I pulled the card. Mayu still fucked me up though.

Most of my meta knowledge is pre WX-10 honestly, and I use the magazines with deck listings to kind of keep up. That fucking wiki is too janky to tolerate trying to read every new card. Most of my decks (digital and physical) are underpowered compared to what they should be. Coin creep and LRIGs with combat abilities, fuck.

>LOSTORAGE
I gave it two episodes and got bored. Then again, I didn't like the original that much either, and dropped season 2 pretty early on.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497102107422.jpg (28KB, 250x349px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497102107422.jpg
28KB, 250x349px
>>53780446
Yeah, Mayu is a pretty ridiculous finisher.

Play wise I do like Eldora, because switching around shit for the best burst and off color is fun.

I have no odea how coins work. I dropped LOSTORAGE after ep5 or 6, will finish eventually but loved Infected and Selector so I have bias.
>>
>>53706161
>What's your main TCGs
Magic
Played some L5R when that was a thing. Didn't have a real playgroup so nothing came from that.
I have a wiess deck, but I rarely play that, plus the entire thing is in moonrunes.
10 probably
Nothing, but it would be nice to see fire emblem cipher get published out here, or a bigger force of will presence at my lgs.
Stupid anime waifu card game made from the creators of maid rpg and golden sun stories because fuck good decisions.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 273x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 273x384px
>>53780300
That's what I remember I think. Ril and Mel only had their decks up, with no other support. We should have some way to coordinate a game.

>>53780700
>Yeah, Mayu is a pretty ridiculous finisher.
I hate playing around Mayu, at least somewhat because I always manage to make a mistake. At least she has Tama thighs.

>coins
Coins are just another resource, with each LRIG having a different upper limit, and ARTS using coin costs to justify being stronk. New LRIGs also have named abilities, like Honest or Berserk, and those cost coins. But in all honesty, coins are less powercreepy than ARTs made past WX-10. Fucking hell they're strong.

And Eldora was on my list of things to try. But I didn't have any physical cards, and her varied strategies make her hard to research, so I haven't gotten to her yet. I've been trying to get Ulith down. I played a bit of Sashe and Myuu (mai waifu), but I like Ulith's toolbox, despite being shit at it.

>>53780782
>a bigger force of will presence at my lgs
The meme is that this game is dead. Is it dead and no more is coming out, or is it just that /tg/ is bored with it?
>>
>>53781524
https://discord.gg/RW5wRFR
How about this? Discord wixoss server. I'd like to be able to get other Wixoss anons involved in games too.

>Force of will
It's still being printed, /tg/ is just bored of it and it's a miracle it hasn't imploded completely due to bad decisions in Alice Cluster.
>Rotation right before AGP
>Reflect/Refrain being printed
>Reflect/Refrain being banned so slowly
>Black Moonbeam
>Probably other stuff
>>
>>53781674
my discord us up dude, we just need more people involved. I can add in whatever you need.
>>
to let people know, we currently have 6 people in the discord!
>>
>>53781524
Ignore my discord link, I've gone blind. No need to bloat the discord server number. We should use the one up top
>>
2BH, seeing 40 people here, has made me happy to know so many people have played so many card games.
>>
Anyone play Rumbling Spell Orchestra?
>>
>>53781674
>tfw cant join discord because phone is too stupid to be able to use the app
>>
>>53781674
>Alice Cluster nonsense
Sounds like any Magic expansion, so familiar ground. If I find a playgroup who're willing to sink some money into it imitation give it a try. Can always use another waifu game that plays well, and wimps don't want to memorize every Wixoss card ruling.

>>53782326
What is that?
>>
>>53783017
>willing to sink some money into it
It's fairly cheap compared to magic. A single booster box can probably make 2 "duel" decks assuming they don't share SRs.

Rumbling spell orchestra is a touhou card game done in Dulst. It looks pretty interesting but I know nothing else about it.

>>53782580
Well that's why you have a computer, right?
>>
>>53783017
>What is that?
The touhou card game. It's pretty fun.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Rumbling_Spell_Orchestra
>>
>>53783150
>Rumbling spell orchestra is a touhou card game done in Dulst. It looks pretty interesting but I know nothing else about it.
It's an actual physical card game, Dulst is just a way to play it. Before Dulst people used Lackey.
>>
>>53783349
So it is. I want to learn how to play it now, deckbuilding seems really interesting.
>>
>>53783583
How many Touhou games have there been now? I can never know where to start.

>>53783150
So, box instead of two decks?
>>
>>53783583
I don't get to play it much, but it's pretty cool in my opinion.

When building a deck, you pick 4 character cards. You can pick the same one more than once, because that increase the "level" of the character - if you have one copy of a character it's level 1, two copies is level 2, and so on. These don't actually go in your deck, instead they determine what cards you can play. Most cards have some level of single character required (1-3, I don't believe there are any cards that require a single level 4 character though there are cards that can benefit from it). There are also neutral cards (no character requirement) and multi-character cards.

Character cards also have characteristics and abilities. At the beginning of each match you pick one of your characters to be your leader. That determines your starting/max HP plus some other relevant characteristics. You can also use your leader's ability. Generally, once you pick a character, you're stuck with that one for the game, but there are exceptions (usually a character specific gimmick). A lot of decks will heavily favor one character in particular as the leader.

Not including character cards, your deck is 40 cards with no more than 3 of any given card. Decks are made of spells (which in mtg terms would be both lands and sorta creatures), supports (enchantments and auras), and events (instants and sorceries).

>>53783849
A lot. I actually don't like SHMUPS so I only play the fighting games.[\spoiler]
>>
File: Nightmares_of_R'lyeh.jpg (891KB, 815x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmares_of_R'lyeh.jpg
891KB, 815x1110px
>>53783849
24 games with 2 demos released for future games.

You can just get 2 decks too, It might be better actually. I'm not sure how good the decks are, but they come with a pair of fancy dice and 3 boosters for around $25. They're all single color.
Rage of R'lyeh, Malefic Ice, Fairy tale Force, Vampiric Thirst and Swarming Elves. R'lyeh also has my favorite "Kill" spell in any game. Pic related.

>>53784301
We should play RSO tomorrow. How should I get ahold of you?
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53784500
Oh hey they printed Blood Lust but better. Nice.

Not that I'm up to date on the Shmups right now either, but I meant card games. I feel like there have been at least three or four by now, but I couldn't name any.

>>53784301
That actually sounds interesting. Is there a wiki for it? And not to pile on questions, but how's the character selection?
>>
>>53784500
>We should play RSO tomorrow. How should I get ahold of you?
I guess I can idle on the discord in the OP, if that works for you. Username is Frollo.

>>53785057
Wiki posted here >>53783302
You can see the characters at the bottom there (and click the names to see their cards).

Quick walkthrough of a turn:
1. Replenish: you gain SP equal to 1 + your number of inactive spells
2. Battle: you may choose an active spell to attack with. If you're the defending player, you may choose to intercept with an active spell. You compare the Hit Value of the attacking/intercepting spell to your opponent's Evasion Value. If the HV is higher you hit; if the EV is higher you miss; if they're equal, you hit unless your opponent pays SP equal to their Border Value. A successful hit deals damage to the player equal to the soell's Attack Value (if attacking) or Intercept Value (if defending) and deactivates the spell the hit player chose to battle with, if any. Yes, both players can be hit.
3. Preparation: you can put up to one spell into play, inactive, and activate any number of spells by paying their activation cost. Also this generally when supports are played.
>>
>>53785490
Will have to look at this not on my phone. Looks cool though.

>Prismriver sisters are each a separate card
That's cute.
>the solos require all three
What!?
>>
>>53786266
You could also run 3 copies of one of them. Even then, solos don't sound good without standing out. when you get not on your phone, we can have a 3 person meta.
>>
>>53786471
>solos don't sound good without standing out
This is where I backpedal, call you a faggot, and pretend to know absolutely anything about music aside from: I listen to it.
Fair point, just thought it was funny.

It's looking like a basic/normal character has 20 HP, 3EV, and 3BV?
>tfw no Lily to share my pollen allergy with
>>
>>53786679
Yeah about. 3 is definitely normal EV.
>>
>>53774154
I am, but this is a day late
>>
>>53786823
Misread that. Thought you said "would anyone be up for a game on ygopro/duelingbook"

You'd think card game should would teach me how to read.
>>
Force of Will has some ok anime art, but over all got bored of it in a few sets. It was almost like a slower magic.
>>
>Why am I getting kicked from the server?
It's a temp link. This means that if you are not made a member, you will get kicked. I wasn't on a moment ago, so if you wanna stay, you gotta stay on and I'll make you a member. I was asleep...

>why tho?
so dead members who don't wish to stay or come back will remain
>>
>>53786797
It's reminding me a bit of UFS, but less random chance during attacks.
>>
>>53786899
>It was almost like a slower magic.
Haven't played it, but I got the impression that that was the point: commander with a normal deck + anime.
>>
Anyone else have interest in Bushiroad's newest TCG that hits in August? Called Dragoborne.
>>
>>53788775
Didn't know they had a new game in the works. How's it look?
>>
>>53789711
I'm not the best at explaining but here a breakdown of the game by the game devs. You can skip the first video it's just an introduction of the game devs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZrdhN2rLY9f48LRFwQVspLKpBRvFu5FJ
>>
File: chips.jpg (157KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
chips.jpg
157KB, 1200x807px
I'm sure this isn't a new idea, but has anyone here tried adding betting to a TCG tournament / game night to determine the overall winner rather than the usual single elimination / swiss?
>>
>>53792233
Can't speak for all games, but that would be like adding a new mechanic to a game, a mechanic that doesn't fit. When would you bet? What about existing losing conditions? What about decks that aren't built to interact with the betting stipulations?
>>
>>53792340
Betting would be for determining overall standing, not determining the winner of an individual game. You would still win or lose by the rules of the game.
>>
>>53792233
>>53792340
He means like everyone has x chips, round 1 you bet, and people are paired based on remaining chips.
>>
>>53792717
That makes more sense to me.
>>
File: product_WX18_03.jpg (183KB, 530x550px) Image search: [Google]
product_WX18_03.jpg
183KB, 530x550px
>>
>>53781524
Mayu is a qt bug priestess.

>>53788775
>>53790304
At first I thought it was just a one for one Duelmastets rip, but the card placement and how the dice are used is amusing and might make games different.
At the same time, how much difference banner or card placement a player makes each game doesnt (at firdt glance) look like it will matter much if you can move character cards so much each turn. That alone seems to make banner placment seem pointless and cluttered, but bushi design is known for that.
The art looks pretty.
>>
>>53788775
>>53790304
I can appreciate trying something different, but I'm not sure how I feel about adding the variance of rolling dice to the variance of random card draw. It would be neat if you instead had "dice points" that you could spend to set dice each turn.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 620x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 620x497px
>>53790304

I was expecting the art to be more anime. But ten find I was expecting the game to be in moon. I'll have to watch more of the video and get a better opinion.

>>53796187
The prettiest princess. Sashe's deck and the resona were so fun and easy I jumped right in Myuu when she came out, nun-like bug princess that she was.

Since starting Wixoss I've wondered downs princess fashion TCG would be received. Each faction would be a different style, and instead of monsters and spells you'd play lackeys, designer and, and social tactics as you level you dress/princess up. You'd be the prettiest princess. The prettiest of all.

>>53783150
>dulst
So I had a chance to get into dulst before passing out last night and looking at RSO. Dulst kind of confuses me, because it looks like I have enough copies of every card, but it's also talking about credit and buying packs.

Also, I've been reading cards character by character, and I was curious if anyone other than Sakuya has mill effects?
>>
>>53799269
>You'd be the prettiest princess. The prettiest of all.
Imagining something like that at a pro tour type event made my morning.
>>
File: 1475990158244.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475990158244.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
>>53799269
Resona, especially that spider one, were OP for awhile.

>prettiest princess
Would play thr shit out of.
>>
>>53799269
>So I had a chance to get into dulst before passing out last night and looking at RSO. Dulst kind of confuses me, because it looks like I have enough copies of every card, but it's also talking about credit and buying packs.
The default model of Dulst is a grinding f2p thing but nobody wants that for RSO, they just want a rules enforced client. So they just set you up with all the cards. Ignore the buying packs stuff.

Also, turns out the Lackey plugin is more up to date than Dulst right now, so you probably want to use that.

>Also, I've been reading cards character by character, and I was curious if anyone other than Sakuya has mill effects?
I'm pretty sure Sakuya is the only one who has the game plan of "mill the opponent until they are dead." There's at least one nuetral card that does it as well. One of the newest characters, Seiga, has a mechanic called Doctrine, which feeds off mill, so she has some cards that cause mill. A few characters also self-mill but I imagine that's not what you're looking for.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 500x281px
>>53800371
Pider is love, Pider is life. Also, Sashe Luna+Saturn=Fuck You.

>that pic
I actually didn't like the anime. I wasn't impressed with the setup, I dropped season 2 for the pacing, and Yugioh has better visuals for their monster/card fights in that at least you feel suspense from the situation.
BUT, the concept of the monkey paw having a fail state, and the fallout of Hitoe's failed wish made for great scenes, and kept me into season 1.

>>53802036
That explains that. I'll have to dig for a Lackey link as well then. The wiki's link for the plugin is dead. Thanks.

>neutral mill goodness
Thanks for that too. And I'll eventually get to reading up on Seiga. It's nice that a character I like was paired with a mechanic I like.

>>53799412
>I bring my Ball Gown Suzie to level 5, and pass the turn.
>End of turn I play Faulty Stitches and remove your adornments. Until you replay them you're basically at level 3 with Suzie's playstyle.
>pic related
>>
>>53803280
Phoneposting fucks me again!
>>
For me, it's two cards, but they're basically from the same series. I put both of them into multiple decks, both irl and on mtgo, and even made an EDH deck based off of this one
>>
File: Arcanis01.jpg (376KB, 1207x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Arcanis01.jpg
376KB, 1207x1600px
I started playing when Onslaught was the current block. At the time I made a few wizard decks and this guy was the star
>>
>>53803280
The best part would be the tense coverage.
>Jon's in a hard spot Luis.
>He sure is Marshall, Duke's princess is far prettier than his. I don't think his jeweled comb is going to be enough.
>OH, he drew a teddy bear. This could be the game.
>>
>>53804306
I'm trying to keep it together at work. Fuck.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.