[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/: Headhunting Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 74

File: 1421112162888.jpg (461KB, 1008x722px) Image search: [Google]
1421112162888.jpg
461KB, 1008x722px
Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
I like big ships. Maybe someone can recommend a different ship or two besides Stridan though?

Captain Oicunn
>snap shot, hull upgrade, Vader, bo'shek, Intel agent, doubtless
Major Stridan
>fcs, op spec, systems officer, pattern analyzer, engine upgrade

Both at ps4 with a big base bumper that can possibly manipulate its target into snapshot/Vader range.
>>
File: slavsquat1.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
slavsquat1.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
Asked last thread about STALKER: Shadow of Malachor as a campaign concept, looking to make the breeki a bit cheekier. Aside from the existing STALKER ones, what sorts of weird environmental anomalies might show up to make a Malachor V explorer's day miserable? And aside from Rebs, Imps, bandits, and crazy Dark Side cultists, would additional major factions be good to throw in?
>>
>>53681075
Dagobah tier caves that try to make people kill themselves/people around them.
Crystals that resonate when force is used nearby and cause the environment to fall apart into caverns.
Sith Ghosts that whisper the perfect lies in your ear without you even knowing to lead you astray.

A blue holocron with the voice of an old woman.

An old Academy with malfunctioning systems that activate and seek to destroy intruders.
>>
>>53681365
The Academy and old lady are definitely in. They're probably going to stand in for CNPP with the Dark Side squatters as the Monolith equivalent. Not sure whether to make the holocron itself an anomaly/source of anomalies, a stat-boosting paperweight, or just a source of endless nagging.
>>
>>53681422
I'd say it can fill multiple of those roles. I'd kill for it in my own campaign but my GM doesn't have a kotor 2 hardon like me. Would love for a holocron of the old hag that somehow manages to manipulate those around me into causing problems for me under the goal of making me stronger. The mechanical benefits alongside the story paths. That said I guess that just depends on what your group would want out of that kind of thing. Not everyone was a big fan of that character.
>>
Tips for new EotE DM?
>>
>>53671853
>>53672572

Not yet but now I'm interested in the Defenders which you speak of. What is it? What's it made of/How do you run it?

Anyway I was looking at it for additional Interceptors and PTL + Targeting Computer
>>
What fighter parts are most common to find if you want to build uglies?

Figure Ys and TIEs would be most common, probably head hunters too, then stuff like X-wings, TIE bombers, maybe clone wars surplus, I'd expect there to be a shit ton of vulture droids around.
>>
>>53681595
Makes sense. Do you think it would also be appropriate to make the Trayus Academy itself an anomaly/mental hazard in the vein of Metro 2033's Kremlin? If you haven't read Metro 2033, IIRC, looking at the Kremlin results in being mind-controlled by the abomination that lives inside it.
>>
>>53681956

X-Wings should probably actually be kinda rare, since theyre only really Rebel fare after the Incom devs defected to the alliance.

All common TIE variants are easy of course, Y-Wings, anything else from the Clone Wars would probably be common enough anywhere near the major Clone War battlegrounds.
There's a whole mess of other fighters outside the Imps and Rebs though - Cloakshapes, all the assorted Scum ships in X-wing.
You could have other stuff too - Lambda shuttle hull with no wings, which shits missiles.
>>
>>53682374
How common are intercepters? Been thinking TIE fighters and bombers would be the only truly common TIEs, with intetcepters being at least X-wing tier in terms of rarity. For that matter, how common are A or B-wings?
>>
>>53681693
The first guy was likely confusing Imperial Aces and Imperial Veterans-

Imperial Aces is the one with 2 Interceptors

Imperial Veterans comes with a Defender and a Bomber, along with the Defender fix.

Epic is 200-400 point games with smaller capital ships like the Raider, CR-90, GR-75, Gozanti, etc.

What expansions do you have currently?
>>
>>53682241
Could be yeah. Would be cool to have odd "not completely un-star wars but also not overtly explainable situations" getting that balance right would be a little difficult.
>>
>>53682776

Thing is, even if the Interceptor is the equivalent of the X-Wing in terms of rarity for its faction, the Empire is massive compared to the Rebellion.

If only 10% of Imperial squadrons employ Interceptors, that's still a ridiculous number of them across the galaxy - so yeah, pretty much any of the basic three TIEs should be usable.
A-Wings should also be usable - they're rare, but the way the Rebellion made them (in the old days) was they basically made the schematics open source - rebel sympathisers made them in their garages. There was a nice thing once about how A-Wings in the early days had all sorts of different internals, cos they were hand made - one had full blown wood finishings inside, which sounds comfy as fuck.

So yes, pirates should happily be able to get their hands on the schematic / parts of an A-Wing.

B-Wing should be fucking rare unless youre way post Endor.
They were designed and built in secret and are the heavy bomber not in particularly common use by the Rebels.

So I guess Y-Wing is super common, A-Wing is quite common, X-Wing is semi rare, B-Wing is incredibly rare.
>>
>>53680929

it likely works, but I think Stridan is a support ship and isn't going to be the most useful supporting Oicunn.

It's a synergy piece and... Whatever the fuck that Oicunn is. Why Vader? I'd put on something like Captive.

You made a support stridan with nothing to support.
>>
>>53680746
I have a question about making a choice for the current X-wing meta-

I currently run 5 Omega Squadron TIE/FO's with Crack Shot and Weapons Guidance, but I'm going to be switching 2 of them out for an Ace for a tournament on the 24th.

I want an ace that can both token tank (to discourage shooting them before my TIE/FO) and preposition to get inside HLC/TLT doughnuts. Autothrusters would be nice, but so would not being super stress vulnerable.

I have 40 points to spend, what's a good option here?

I need PS 8+ to avoid Old Telroch and Dash, so I'm looking at

Rexler
Vader with missile
Quickdraw
Whisper.

What would work best in the current Mindlink+Miranda meta? These guys will be supported by 3 pretty effective Crack-Shot-Toting Jousters.

So, Phantom, Defender, Advanced, or TIE/SF? What's best at dealing with common meta threats?
>>
File: 1489916263826.jpg (394KB, 1800x754px) Image search: [Google]
1489916263826.jpg
394KB, 1800x754px
>>
File: 8UvcZJj.jpg (716KB, 2279x1019px) Image search: [Google]
8UvcZJj.jpg
716KB, 2279x1019px
>>53684701
>>
File: deleted-0000.jpg (214KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
deleted-0000.jpg
214KB, 1600x1200px
>>53684803
>>
File: villainstarfighterdeluxe_web.jpg (83KB, 700x489px) Image search: [Google]
villainstarfighterdeluxe_web.jpg
83KB, 700x489px
>>53684701
That blue planet with rings in the background is quite beautiful.

>>53683302
Quickdraw with Expertise, FCS, Sensor Jammer, Lightweight, and title is very good and comes in at 39 points for a one point bid. She'll actually draw quite a bit of fire from your FOs, so they'll be free to put tons of hits in.

Alternatively Vader with Predator, Protons, ATC, and Engine comes in at 40 and can hit like a truck while being quite tanky.

The outside case is Rexlar with VI, TB, /D, and Mk. IIs. PS10 tractors are always hilarious, will buff the attacks of your other TIEs, but the ship is very, very dicey.
>>
>>53686331
Sensor cluster, not jammer. Dammit similar naming.
>>
File: 91hR3T5FNSL.jpg (821KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
91hR3T5FNSL.jpg
821KB, 2560x1529px
>>
Anyone know any place to get a Z-95 Mk.I in XWM scale? I want to differentiate my S&V Z-95s from my Rebel ones and i thought having older model Z-95s would be right up S&Vs alley
>>
File: 960.jpg (173KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
173KB, 720x960px
Your weekly reminder that the Empire were, are, and always will be the true heroes of the Star Wars galaxy.
>>
File: 1420451923881.jpg (57KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420451923881.jpg
57KB, 600x800px
>>53688901
>>
What sorts of jobs do you hand out during space battles, /swg/? Is there a supplement (fly casual?) with specifically expanded rules for tasks on ship?

One thing I feel the system lacks is a real representation of how much of on-screen space battles consist of "shit I have to go fix some thing" and then "shit lemme hide behind this... rock I guess" and lots of yelling at each other.
>>
File: this guy.jpg (118KB, 1070x800px) Image search: [Google]
this guy.jpg
118KB, 1070x800px
>>53689016
Page 237 in EotE core has the additional actions.
Generally though, Piloting, Astrogation, Mechanics, Computers and Gunnery are the things which will solve nearly most mundane tasks. You might scrape in every now and then with Athletics to do manual repairs, Perception to analyse sensors, but can look at stuff like Knowledge-
>Core Worlds: which ones have high security, difficult customs
>Outer Rim: As above, maybe areas that have pirates
>Lore: Ye olde battles and space fights in some areas
>Underworld: don't go there, its full of Black Sun/Hutt syndicate hijackers
>Xenology: The space spleples in this region hate everyone
>Warfare: Admiral thrawn is a cunt, lets run!

Stealth can be used to be sneaky in space as well, but it requires the person piloting to do the roll.
Leadership is useful to give bonuses to minion groups- important with crews

In saying that, don't give the people who don't spend any XP into ship based stuff too much to do unless its just being charitable or they've come up with some neat idea like Skulduggery + Deception to make some sensor spoofing drones chucked out an airlock or something inventive
>>
File: darth kermit.jpg (57KB, 853x720px) Image search: [Google]
darth kermit.jpg
57KB, 853x720px
>>53689201
Oh- and social characters on the comm's who are doing real time shit posting to annoy the enemy with bad memes and jokes about their poor career choices can also cause strain. Plus any friendlies in a squadron situation, helping them rally, get back some strain and other stuff is often useful.
>>
>>53689016

Generally I go for using sensors, trying to fix shit in the ship, or using knowledge checks to recognise enemy ships and perhaps know where a weakness of their design is.

And of course theres the usual gunnery.
>>
>>53682844
Uh a lot. Even more since my local store just had a huge sale ($10 small ship expansions) and the May 4/40th anniversary sales

I have:
1x TFA core
1x Original Core
1x t-70 X-Wing expansion
1X X-wing expansion
1x TIE Interceptor expansion
2x TIE Bomber expansion
2X ARC-170 Expansion
1x TIE Punisher expansion
1x TIE Phantom expansion
1x HWK-290 expansion
1x A-Wing expansion
1x Z-95 Expansion
1x Y-Wing expansion
1x E-Wing expansion
2x Sabine's TIE Expansion
1X TIE Defender Expansion
1x StarViper expansion
3x TIE advanced expansion (my favorite TIE)
2X TIE Striker expansion
1X Inquisitor's TIE expansion
1X Millennium Falcon expansion
1X Slave 1 expansion
1X YT-2400
1X U-Wing
1X HotR
1X Rebel Aces
1X Imperial Aces
1X Imperial Vets
1X Most Wanted Expansion

I also have the C-3PO and R2-D6 upgrades from a tournament and eBay
>>
File: e1c5438.png (869KB, 960x738px) Image search: [Google]
e1c5438.png
869KB, 960x738px
My first ever tournament is coming up. What objectives should I take with this? Right now I've got Most Wanted, Hyperspace Assault, and Navigational Hazards.

MC80 (Liberty) Battle Cruiser
General Madine
Intel Officer, Gunnery Team, Engine Techs, Leading Shots, XX-9 Turbolasers

MC30c Torpedo Frigate
Admonition, Ordnance Experts, Assault Proton Torpedoes

Nebulon-B Support Refit
Salvation, Slaved Turrets

GR-75 Medium Transports

GR-75 Medium Transports

Shara Bey
3x A-Wings
>>
>>53686346
>>53686331
If I brought Rexler, I'd be bringing the Rexpert- TIE/x7, Mk2 engines, and expertise.

I'm not sure what would work best in the current meta, expecting a lot of miranda and Old Fennaroo. I don't want to be bomb vulnerable, nor do I want to be not maneuverable enough.

Is a phantom just not an option?
>>
>>53689533
Normally people asking if they should buy stuff only have ~5 or 6 expansions already.

I wouldn't get a second Imperial Aces unless you have one of everything for empire already or play Epic a lot- you probably don't need a 4th and 5th interceptor before you need a TIE/SF as an example.
>>
I vaguely reading in one of the PDFs that you can reduce the price of a blaster in half by taking a drawback. Can someone point me to it?
>>
>>53690321

I think a stun-only blaster costs half as much
>>
>>53690345
Do you happen to know what book it's in, or maybe just which of the three systems? I've just been skimming all the PDFs I have and I don't recall where I saw it.
>>
>>53690282
Phantom is the hardest for miranda to bomb because of decloak. It's just highly susceptible to green dice. You could run a decent phantom at 40, though I'd really prefer captive on them with expertise running amok.
>>
>>53690365
I definitely remember reading that in the EotE core book. Dunno if it's also anywhere else.
>>
>>53690376
Thanks.
>>
>>53690304
I'm sorry I went head first with this game - I've only been playing since December
>>
Rate lightsaber styles from FaD.Best? Worst?
>>
>>53692136
They're all pretty solid, especially if you you build your style to match your stats and other specializations. Strongest would probably Ataru for raw damage output or Soresu for max bulk.
>>
>>53690611
No need to apologize- I just assumed that sine you were asking for help in buying advice that you didn't have much.

A 4th and 5th interceptor is only really useful in Epic- Even PTL/Autothtruster/Targeting Comp generics are 29 each, so running more than 3 is impossible in standard 100 point games.

If you don't play Epic, I'd just grab expansions you don't yet have.
>>
>>53690366
While the Phantom is hardest to bomb, it's also the most vulnerable if it does get hit,

I'm probably going to practice with all four in the future, and see what has good matchups against what.

Do any of those aces have a good response to Fenn or Miranda? Old Telroch was the reason I realized I couldn't take an ace of PS 7 or lower.
>>
>>53689533
You definitely want a Tie/sf, maybe two. If you're looking for large ships the Decimator is fun.

And of course I see a lack of Scum ships so there's a lot of options there if you want to play Scum
>>
>>53689668

Reasonably solid. Just keep the enemy from Salvation and it'll jack dudes up.
>>
File: IMG_0971.png (2MB, 1102x1688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0971.png
2MB, 1102x1688px
>>53688901
Truth.

Never give up the fight, anon.
>>
>>53692757
The best answer to Fenn is PS10+ Vader. He folds to TLT and Miranda so be aware. Having low PS blockers can help keep miranda from bombing you out, though.
>>
>>53688881

Shapeways gives me some hits. Just search Z-95 270, see if anything strikes your fancy.
>>
>>53693945
I wish that Vader had Autothrusters so bad..

Hopefully the First order TIE Advanced/Interceptor fills that role.
>>
>>53690376
This is why every character who can shoot a pistol needs at least one, maybe several holdout stunners. For 100 Credits, it makes a great emergency weapon, can be stashed in your toolbox or survival kit or whatnot, it does decent-ish damage, and it's generally rather more legal than your overclocked heavy blaster pistol with a triple-concentrated Tibanna gas chamber, in case you're checked by the cops.
>>
My biggest issue with Star Wars was the lack of scale that they pushed for the setting. In a galaxy wide setting, the cloning labs would have had to spit out millions of clone troopers during the Clone Wars and would have needed thousands of cruisers to fight that war. The choices of producing that many clones to me is ridiculous to where they would have recruited various individuals and they would have needed to recruit more then just humans as well.

Same goes for the separatists and their droid armies. From what has been stated about the CIS, they had loyal planets that hated the Republic and I have no doubt that many would have raised armies to help go fight.

As for the Empire... I understand the no aliens bit for the Empire. Costumes cost a lot money and CGI was barely around in the 70's and 80's and they just went the easy route. From there the emperor would need at least 20% of the Galaxy to be loyal and eager to support him to keep his empire going but the books (like the up coming game), treat such planets as super rare. Not only that, for a galaxy wide empire, does bother me how they use the 'they couldn't afford a small research project of a few hundred people' way to often. If that many portions of the Empire was hostile to Imperial rule, they would need large garrison/policing forces to maintain order and at a galaxy level that is in the trillions of soldiers so a few research projects costing too much is BS.

Always those things that bothered
>>
>>53695937
>My biggest issue with Star Wars was the lack of scale that they pushed for the setting. In a galaxy wide setting, the cloning labs would have had to spit out millions of clone troopers during the Clone Wars and would have needed thousands of cruisers to fight that war. The choices of producing that many clones to me is ridiculous to where they would have recruited various individuals and they would have needed to recruit more then just humans as well.
Mind you, they did.

There were systems armies and navies that helped in their local regions, and after Traviss left the 3 million "Official" clones was thrown out. (Even she allowed for more off-the-books secret clones.)
>>
>>53695937

Anon, sci-fi writers on the whole have no fucking clue how big a galatic society would be.
They just do not understand scale at all.

It's a frustrating but common issue.
>>
>>53695937
I mean, I'm a firm believer in the lower end of scale minimalism and even I personally retcon the "three million units" to be the number ready to go at that immediate second, with about several hundred million clones total
>>
>>53697235
The funny thing about the numbers argument - the movie says nothing about actual numbers.

"There are two hundred thousand units ready with a million more on the way."

At no point are we told what a "unit" is comprised of, whether it's a single clone, a fireteam, a squad, a platoon, or a battalion.

So we're left to arguing what it means. Some writers tried to pin it down - Traviss being the worst offender, as someone who was supposedly in the military she should have known that three million was an awfully small number, considering that's about the same size as the US military, but she was by no means the only one - Stover tried to pull it about the same as Traviss in Shatterpoint, and the writers for the WotC Saga Edition books used Traviss' numbers. Even TCW tried to make the numbers remarkably smaller than you'd think for a galactic scale conflict, from the very beginning of the show the clones were stated to be outnumbered 100 to 1.
>>
>>53695937
This is just my understanding, which is probably mostly headcanon as I'm pretty unfamiliar with the EU.

The Republic was less like the Empire and more like the UN. The standing army that the entirety of the Republic could muster would be absolutely gigantic, but massive swathes of the Republic would be resistant to sending such a force, and even if they did would retain command.
>>
>>53697480
I think if you're running small galaxy, those 'units' being company or so strength would be about right, or call them divisions if you're playing the "muh gigatons and trillions" way
>>
>>53697660
That's another problem. For most of the run for Legends, writers wobbled back and forth between big galaxy and small galaxy. We've got some sources that say Tatooine only has 200,000 people living on it (with multiple cities and the giant race track, that's... kind of impossible), and the city-planet of Coruscant was stated to be officially at one trillion, but unofficially with transients, homeless, and people just passing through it's more like four trillion, yet if it had the same population density as say... New York City and all of its boroughs, should be closer to 20-30 trillion.

The population scales are just generally way low.
>>
>>53697480
>>53697660
>>53697749
Traviss wanted to use "People as Units" to underline the callous cruelty of Kamino's Clonemasters. It's fuckin stupid but that's what her narrative motive was. "They don;'t see their creations as people despite their own race mainly reproducing via cloning."

Though in her later books she sorta wrote in that hole conspiracy with secret backup Kaminoan tech and Spaarti cylinders augmenting the official numbers off-the-books. A sort of half-walkback that made the 3 million a propaganda lie.
>>
>>53697543
That's about right, it's standard army was nonexistent and it's standing navy a Argentinian-tier joke, but most member systems had standing armies and navies of their own, some of which the republic more or less drafted into the 'federal' navy, mostly, but most of which were left behind for defense while the clones did offensive actions and shored up local forces in trouble
>>
>>53697749
Well to be fair, Coruscant also originally had oceans and icecaps and mountains and was generally not 100% city
Hell, the original population number from WEG was only 650 billion

I prefer it that way, because I am a low-pop small galaxy small navy guy
>>
What's the worst shit-ship you've ever inflicted on your players? The most dangerous, unreliable, frustrating, or broken piece of shit you've ever given them the keys to.

Even better if they grew attached to it and kept it rather than trading up as soon as they could find a spaceport with lax security.

Bonus question: do you play with the strict BoSS registration and transponder status from Fly Casual?
>>
File: flying death trap.jpg (18KB, 372x244px) Image search: [Google]
flying death trap.jpg
18KB, 372x244px
>>53699243
Selonian Coneship. The party decided to ditch it after a mission to blow up a suspiciously well-guarded Imperial freighter caused a Sith holocron to be lodged in its hull. They couldn't find a way to get the holocron's ghostly inhabitant to shut up or stop shitposting on the ship's instrument panel readouts so they loaded the ship with explosives, set a course for Bothawui, and activated the autopilot after pooling together enough cash for a used YT-2000.
>Bonus
No because nobody in the group has a copy yet.
>>
File: CnjHffHVYAAqayF.jpg (169KB, 1190x793px) Image search: [Google]
CnjHffHVYAAqayF.jpg
169KB, 1190x793px
>>53699464
>a mission to blow up a suspiciously well-guarded Imperial freighter caused a Sith holocron to be lodged in its hull. They couldn't find a way to get the holocron's ghostly inhabitant to shut up or stop shitposting on the ship's instrument panel readout

I'm copying this
>>
File: MIKE 2.png (273KB, 400x463px) Image search: [Google]
MIKE 2.png
273KB, 400x463px
>The Force Awakens was good because it felt like the OT
>Rogue One was bad because it felt like the OT

What a joke.
>>
>>53699464
Is that a catcher's mitt?
>>
>>53699781
Rogue One was bad because it didn't have a single likable character for the audience to care about and was boring as holy fuck because of it.
>>
>>53700143
>it didn't have a single likable character for the audience to care about
I liked both Jyn and Cassian.
Jyn was MUCH more likable than Rey, if only because the actress playing her actually had some talent.
>>
Any xwing people out there, i just got done with starwars night at my local game store and for fun i played against thos real freindly dude and had a blast. He brought kylo shuttle kitted to the max, 2 tie ints one was turr phenir, and a rogue 1 tie stalker? Something cool that is allowed to eat all damage and reduce it to 1 damage for a stress.

Anyway i love the aesthetic of t65s so i ran all 4 and did alright, but i feel like there is a lot of potential here beyondd how everyone complains about them.

I ran this list:
T65 - Luke Skywalker
-vet instincts
-r5-k6
-proton torps
T65 - Wedge Antilles
-determination
-r5 astro
-proton torps
T65 - Garven Dreis
-r5 astro
T65 - Biggs Darklighter
-r2d2

Luke and wedge managed to kill shot everything and killed all the ties with the stalker being last. Keeping dreis near wedge and feeding him focus tokens that he then uses to dodge while he green manuvers to regain sheilds and keep eating shots.

I only lost because the kylo shuttle wrecked face and wedge and luke were very hit from the ties since they had to leave the biggs bubble to chase down ties. Biggs bubble is strong with garven feeding him, but not invincible.

Still though, bad rolls killed me and i felt it was competitive enough, if a lot points heavy. A 150 pt game was just about right.
>>
File: gincre34.jpg (267KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
gincre34.jpg
267KB, 736x552px
>>53700211
>Jyn was MUCH more likable than Rey, if only because the actress playing her actually had some talent.

I swear I'm in bizarro /tg/ right now
>>
>>53700305
Daisy Ridley can't act though. Even she knows it. She had a breakdown her first day of shooting because she knew she was in over her head.
>>
>>53699781
>>53700143
>>53700211
>>53700305

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/tv/POSTERS GET OUT

RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53700143

>i didnt like the cahracters therefore none of them were likable

I liked all of them my dude, but opinions.jpg
>>
File: matt-radar-technician.gif (937KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
matt-radar-technician.gif
937KB, 480x270px
>>53699243
>What's the worst shit-ship you've ever inflicted on your players?
It was an ND-47 Stalwart Bulk Freighter, they got their main shipfu blown up by assassins and had this huge piece of shit bulk freighter with some hangers on it, upgraded sensors and full of really retarded repair droids.
>They tried to trade it in to Rebels- nope, we dont want it!
>They stole other ships, which they broke- well fuck back on the freighter
>They deliberately put it into risky situations it had no chance of surviving... and it survived

It was literally this albatross around their neck, fucking thing wouldn't die, everything around them turned to shit, they lost all their nice things, except this awful cursed freighter that would probably be still trolling the hyperspess lanes on its x3 hypedrive and irritating people long after their demise.

>>53699464
>They couldn't find a way to get the holocron's ghostly inhabitant to shut up or stop shitposting on the ship's instrument panel readouts
That's fucking hilarious, another thing to squirrel away for ideas one day
>>
So, do twi'leks or zeltrons make the better traps?

Gayposting usually drives them off
>>
>>53700628

Twileks probably make cuter ones, but Zeltrons have those pheremones so they can make you not care that they're the less cute one.

In the end its a tie.
>>
>>53700660
>>53700628
What would a Twi'lek sex slave ring run by a Zeltron look like?
>>
>>53700679

An orgy.
>>
>>53700628
Twi'leks don't have the weird noncon element that zeltrons do, so railheads it is
>>
>>53700628
>Implying Hutts don't make the best traps

Prove me fucking wrong.
>>
>>53700679
They'd be the happiest damn sex slaves in the galaxy. If they aren't, then they will me made happy by force.

Constant orgasmic stimulation reinforced by Zeltron pheromones and psychic conditioning leaves them a gibbering wreck, knowing only the pleasure of being owned.
>>
>>53700989
What about a Zeltron sex slave ring run by a Twi'lek former sex slave?
>>
>>53700878
I mean, because of the whole hermaphrotide thing, all Hutts are traps. So you're technically correct.
>>
>>53701029
Exactly my point.

The ULTIMATE trap.

>tfw no qt 3.14 hutt gf/bf
>>
>>53701023

Literally any harem anime. A whole bunch of visually distinct, attractive women, hopelessly devoted to an indifferent bore who inexplicably doesn't get with any of them.

[spoilers]Being experienced in the industry, the owner knows never to touch her own product. This causes the sexual frustration and need-to-please to build up among the slaves until finally they jump her and proceed to fuck her until she can't remember her own name.[/spoiler]
>>
>>53700660
Probably at least a bit like Black Sun brothels, where the girls (and boys) are basically brainless bimbos with any willpower or independence washed away by the constant bombardment of pheromones, drugs, and dick.
>>
>>53701142
welp, fucked up the spoiler tag. there goes my attempt at staying even mildly SFW.
>>
File: ds2 x-wing and falcon.jpg (46KB, 573x372px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 x-wing and falcon.jpg
46KB, 573x372px
>>53700878
>Hutts
Hutts didn't nearly destroy the entire Rebel fleet over Endor. Clearly, the best traps are Imperial battle stations.
>>
>>53701308
Arguably it was a pretty bad trap, considering what happened when it went off
>>
>>53701342
True, but then again, it failed by a narrower margin than the most iconic Hutt in the franchise.
>>
File: Decraniated-SWCT.png (691KB, 721x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Decraniated-SWCT.png
691KB, 721x1037px
>>53701152
Hand me zee saw
>>
>>53680929
Big ship guy again, taking >>53683196 's suggestion on Stridan into account.

How bout I just trim down the fat and put another big damaging ship in there instead?

Oiccunn
>Intel Agent, Vader, Bo'shek, Snapshot
Chiraneau
>Adaptability, Engine Upgrade

I could drop Intel for VI on Chiraneau. But I like the interaction between it, oicunn, and bo'shek too much for that. I could drop engine upgrade and add in VI and op spec or another 3 point or less crew on Chiraneau. Then I could bring all debris fields and never worry about stress or actions.

Suggestions?
>>
>>53700275
Was it a 150 point game?

Do you want game advice, list building advice, just want to chat, or what?
>>
>>53702181
Empire with double big ships doesn't really work. If I take RAC, he is going to cost at least 61 points.

That Oicunn is fun, but the wingmen should either be effective jousters, or a ship capable of soloing a list.
>>
I've posted before with a couple of defender lists, and need some assurance that I've made the right choice.

I have 1 point left over for either a bid, or to move TIE mk.ii to lightweight frame. The engine helps keep the shuttle in range of the x7's, and more options to move are always better. But at the same time that extra green die works wonders with wired.

>Gamma Sq. Veteran
- Tie shuttle
- Fleet Officer
- TIE mk.ii
- Wired
>Maarek Steele
-X7 Ttitle
-Marksmanship
>Rexler Brath
-X7 Title
-Expertise

With the bomber, my x7's get either 3 green tokens to use, or defensive mods to go alongside their offensive EPT's.

Rexler can grab an offensive target lock or focus, have expertise for offensive focus, a focus to push his ability, and an evade token.

Maarek gets focus evade defensively while still using marksmanship offensively.

Bomber makes full use of dishing out focus tokens to the defenders while maintaining some level of offendive/defensive focus modification itself.
>>
>>53702517
Ill chat, but my question was why is there hate for t65s in the meta? Snubs with 2 shield and 3 hull is decent and they are fast and good attackers, yet no one takes them, even for filler. I see on here thqt nobody like them and i just dont understand why.

I also think it would be nice to see more named pilots or whatever, blue squadron people from rogue 1 or whatever.
>>
>>53703026
Not exactly hate, but T-65's dont have a lot of durability or an amazing dial. With Integrated Astromech being so good and free, they effectively no way to reposition.

They are definitely underrated, and they are good in mission play when you need flexibility, but that's also mostly the named pilots. You see Biggs everywhere, Wes and Wedge make appearances, Luke shows up sometimes, maybe a PS 2 rookie. No one else sees play.

In terms of effeciency, the T-70 outclasses it.

Biggs closes up design space for their fix as his existence means that the fix cannot make them more durable, since Biggs is already so good.

Honestly, once the Inevitable Scarif Veterans pack comes out, I'm sure the X-wing will be fine.

I just want generic interceptors to be good, so i'm hoping that Kylo's Interceptor has some sort of fix for them.
>>
>>53703351
>scarif veterans

Wasn't everyone involved massacred? Everyone but Leia's ship? I seem to remember the entire rebel fleet being decimated onve vader and his star destroyers entered the picture, along with the inevitable superlaser fire on scarif itself.
>>
>>53703423
I think some of the X-wings survived.

Make those people 24 points, PS 5, EPT, and you're good for the pack's generic.

Also, while FFG is at it, it's not too late to give an EPT to the Onyx Squadron Escort. As it stands, Double-Edge is strictly better. It's akin to if Glaives had no EPT but Ryad did. Wonky as shit.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
Did anyone get around to scanning Disciples of Harmony? It's been out for almost a week, it feels like someone must have by now.
>>
>>53703351
>>53703026

I don't think anybody "hates" classic X-Wings, more that they definitely are not an optimal pick for your points.

You can definitely fly them and win, but there are some consistent complaints I hear from people - namely that it lacks quite enough greens to shed stress well, and if you're using a big named ace then you want Regen instead of R2 Astromech, it lacks a default repositioning option and the only way to get it involves missing both Chips and IA (or drop your Regen for BB8) which is why people like T-70s better for the points.

Basically, they're a hair too expensive for what you get, and while you can make them better with upgrades, a lot of these upgrades are mutually exclusive so it's hard to cover all your bases of weakness and you still pay points for all of it.

Since fluff-wise I don't think X-Wings are well suited for multiple modifications, I presume the X-Wing "fix" will probably involve adjusting their cost down a couple points.
>>
I'm just getting into X-Wing. Can someone tell me if FFG are going to restock K-Wings and Y-Wings any time soon??
>>
>>53703423
Considering they literally re-used old footage of some of the fighter pilots, no, they didn't all die.
>>
>>53704999
hahaha
no
>>
>>53704999
Check the upcoming section of the website.
>>
>>53705774
They did. The story group retconned the pilots from ANH whose footage they used as twins and/or clones or their respective ANH counterparts.

It's on Pablo's twitter from sometime last year.
>>
I just got done reading Fly Casual.

As a DM, the astrogation stuff was really neat, I'll definitely be using it in the future. What's the next book I should crack? I've not read anything else but the core book, we only started playing recently.
>>
>>53707173
Strongholds of Resistance has a lot of meat to it, all sorts of GM stuff in there worth looking at
>>
Is there a naming scheme/pattern to separatist ships?

I need a name for a Munificent class.
>>
>>53707963
The Monopolizer. Think economics for names.
>>
File: 1496973810332m.jpg (38KB, 1024x694px) Image search: [Google]
1496973810332m.jpg
38KB, 1024x694px
How do i make a forest planet interesting?
>>
>>53707963

Fiscal Solvencey
Bank Deregulation
Adverse Action
Credit Limit
Forecloser
>>
File: ancap ball.jpg (23KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap ball.jpg
23KB, 547x402px
>>53707963
Business and economics jargon is usually pretty good for that.
Prime Mover
Anarcho-Capital
Non-Aggression Principle
Normative Statement
Gravitas for Sale
Absolute Advantage
Comparative Advantage
Chapter 11
Hostile Takeover
Corporate Raider
Unethical Investment
Glass Planets Act
>>
>>53708533
>Anarcho-Capital
It's an Anarcho-Capital Ship
>>
>>53703479
I believe they didn't give the escort an ept so that you couldn't run multiple TLTs with ruthlessness.

I want an ept on them regardless, I believe its a terrible choice to leave it out.
>>
>>53708707
Ruthlessness triggers a maximum of 1 time per TLT shot anyways. It's not that good.

I was going to buy 3 Aggressors to run 3 Generics with Predator, but I guess I'm just buying 2 instead.

If they make a Y-wing EPT generic I will be 200% mad
>>
File: R1 block.webm (3MB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
R1 block.webm
3MB, 720x304px
>>53703423
most of the fleet got away. Only a few capships seem to have been caught and only a fraction of those are destroyed on screen (so presumably some of those escaped)
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/9/defenders-of-kashyyyk/

Auzituck preview is up. Upgrade cards do about what you think they do. Pilots are kind of opposites. Lowhhrick is a bit of a protector like Kanan pilot, Wullffwarro is the reverse Pure Sabacc. He goes to 4 dice when he is out of shields and has a damage card.
>>
>>53709233
Triggers once yes, but also triggers reliably. Saying its a bad combo is like saying TLT itself is bad because it only does 1 damage at a time.

Though for the points you're probably onto a better route through predator.
>>
>>53710073

Also, as expected - no K-Turns, sloops or t-rolls confirmed on the dial though it is said to have minimal red maneuvers.

So watch out if somebody slots in behind you this flying tree can't turn around for shit.
>>
>>53708280
ewoks
>>
I hate rolling initiative.

Would me choosing initiative order based on the narrative of the situation be too much? In which case, what about a static initiative based on [presence + ranks in cool] instead?
>>
>>53710073
I want to say it's super underwhelming, but I honestly expected to be this disappointed with it.
>>
>>53710073
Those Hard turns really should have been red...

Who is ready for 24 point small base YV-666 but with a better dial? My TIE swarm sure isn't.

Is this a sign that a Biggs nerf is coming?

>>53710156
Dial is pictured in the article- T-70 but without the red moves, and a red 5 straight.
>>
File: swx64_dial.png (139KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
swx64_dial.png
139KB, 300x300px
>>53710156
>>
>>53710825

I mean, if the turns were red this ship would be deader than disco. You'd slot in behind it and chip, or pincer it to get around reinforce. The YV can stop also, and try and make you bump or overshoot. White turns are good, but they're not that good, it's still two rounds for a full u-turn and with a flank exposed your opponent has better chance to try and work around reinforce.
>>
>>53710895
The 2 hard should have been red.

It can turn much more sharply than the YV due to the small base, the white 2 hard is going to be annoying as shit.
>>
>>53711110

Just wait until people realize that for 1 point you can remove the only red maneuver on this thing's dial.
>>
>>53711176
In exchange for 50% of your upgrade slots, I really don't think it's worth it. It's not like 5 straights are such vital and common maneuvers that them being red will be relevant over something like tactician+gunner or even just wookie commandos.
>>
>>53711269
>>53711176
Tac gunners or Commandos on this thing en masse is going to be annoying as shit.

Who is ready for 3 of these with predator, tactician, and Gunner?
>>
>>53711431
You could only have two with predator since I guarantee the PS3 generic won't have an EPT.
>>
>>53711431
>>53711269

Well, historically, armchair listbuilding before an expansion drops doesn't have a great track record. Usually the best shit is the weird stuff that nobody thinks will work that somebody is like "I can do this" after it comes out. The "assumption" of quality of the XWM zeitgeist is it's own worst enemy.

Personally, while I think it's probably got some good tank against power joust lists (Fenn Rau can't erase this boat in one hit), it's vulnerable to turrets and arc dodgers/flankers. And smart piloting of something like a Protectorate can still get you. "Oh, you put reinforce to the rear, well I have title and fearlessness, I'll just bumrush into R1 and give you all I've got".

It's gonna take smart, quality flying and some luck to really make the Gunship. It lacks dice mods most of the time, the dial isn't great to PTL. The stress is annoying, but there are several ways to shed stress in this world. Higher PS opponents with re-positioning who can predict where you put that token are gonna eat at you.
>>
Any decent, free apps for rolling dice for playing eote? Specifically iphone/ipad?
>>
>>53711985
http://game2.ca/eote/#
>>
>>53712553
Can someone dump more stat blocks like these
>>
File: deathtrooper stat block.jpg (215KB, 743x1598px) Image search: [Google]
deathtrooper stat block.jpg
215KB, 743x1598px
>>53712592
my take on a deathtrooper
>>
File: Deputy stat block.jpg (111KB, 743x935px) Image search: [Google]
Deputy stat block.jpg
111KB, 743x935px
>>
>>53700305
are you retarded?
Daisy Ridley can't act for shit, she just constantly made stupid facial expressions
>>
What's the best published adventure?

Beyond the Rim and Jewel of Yavin both seem kinda shit.
>>
>>53711605
Really, i'm just waiting for empire to be good again. Scum and to a lesser extent rebels getting the clearly powerful stuff is annoying.

The tie defender nerf would have been more fair if they didn't make it an action- the whole point was that the x7 was supposed to be resillient to stress.
>>
>>53713469

Yeah, FFG don't seem to know what to do with Imperials right now. Their big idea for wave 11 was to give them TLT access with the agressor.

Okay?

People were too reliant on Palpatine though, and Imperial players need to look more at options that have appeared since then and try to get more use out of them.
I still insist that Swarm Leader has yet to have it's day for instance. But aside from that it's pretty slim pickings. People do seem to be making more use of the SF (although why Backdraft being paired up with Accuracy Corrector isn't more of a thing baffles me.) and cheap firepower of Pure Sabbacc is getting some traction.
But is it enough to fill the Palpatine shaped hole his nerfing left? Is it enough to stand up to the variant Mindlink teams of Scum or the Bombing Runs of Rebels?
>>
>>53713469
Defender nerf needed to happen. Palp nerf may have been a bridge too far, but I'd rather see some scum and rebel nerfs to even things out. Concord Dawn, jumpmasters, Latts, Biggs, etc.

Empire has good stuff, they're winning plenty of store champs, but at the highest level they don't have the efficiency others do. That said, I'm playing a lot of empire now and really liking it.

>>53713731
Swarm Leader is best in Rebels paired with snap/juke As. Accuracy Corrector doesn't work with Backdraft.
>>
Is the A-wing spam any good and how do I do it?
>>
>>53714697
It's decent/good, but hard to pull off. Green Squadrons spamming Snap Shot is probably the way to go.
>>
>>53713731
Backdraft doesn't see use with Accuracy corrector because their abilities are mutually exclusive- AC prevents modding.
>>
>>53714228
I get the bumping portion of the nerf, but I disagree with the stress change.

Palp being so good was a symptom of the MoV scoring system combined with actually being super strong.

Mindlink, Rebel Bombs, Jumpmasters, Biggs, and TLT need nerfs.

Also, what's your opinion on Kylo crew?
Before he was released people were wining about him being satan incarnate, but I haven't seen much from him.

Also, TIE Interceptor generic fix when? Give PTL to all of them for free regardless of slots?
>>
How much are these rpg dice supposed to cost? I feel like every store around me is trying to rip me off.
>>
>>53715939
9 wupiupi each
>>
>>53715939
MSRP is $15 US.
>>
>>53715939
Two portions
>>
>>53700211
Every single character from The Force Awakens (except those returning from previous films) was horrible.

Every single character in Rogue One (except Vader) was horrible.

Both movies were absolutely horrid.

It's really that simple.
>>
>>53716102

I didnt like the characters*
I didnt like the films*
I think my opinion is law*

There, fixed that for you.
Now fuck off to /tv/
>>
>>53716125
I'd actually like to know why you liked either of the "films".
>>
>>53716065
HALF
>>
>>53716125
Hes a shitposter dont bother shitting up the thread by replying. Dont wanna turn into /co/.
>>
utterly brand new, limited budget. want something competitive as local meta is all about tourni play .
what recommendations anon?
>>
>>53716155

I liked the characters in Rogue One, as well as the story. The artstyle was fan-fucking-tastic, they nailed the look of the originals to the letter.
It very nicely added into the story without being overbearing.

TFA was a rerun of A New Hope, and the new trio arent as good as the old trio.
That said, Poe was good fun, Finn was good fun, I actually like Rey (though I think they handled her force ability completely fucking badly, shouldve had hints throughout that she was using the force day-to-day and didnt even realise).
The superweapon was fucking retarded, the entire scene where it can be seen across the whole galaxy was retarded, Snoke was retarded.
But on balance it was a fun film and I didnt hate it.
Better than Phantom Menace by far, and Im hype for 8 and 9 to be better.

>>53716373
You make a fair point.
I shant beyond this point.
>>
>>53716421
>the characters

You mean Mary Sue, Capeshit Jedi-but-not-Jedi Quipster, and several other nobodies who die? Or do you mean the amazing villain, Manchild Whinesalot?

>as well as the story

You mean the Empire acts like retards, they take some plans, they escape with some plans, the end? Good story.

>poe was good fun

Gary Stu the gay pilot. So fun.

Finn the incompetent shitter, cool.

Marey Sue? Ok.

The superweapon was indeed retarded, but it's also not that smart to say it was better than TPM. TPM was pretty subpar, but it is miles above TFA.

>>53716373
>duhhr hes a shitposter cuz he has diffrnt opinions
>>
>>53716463

>o p i n i o n s
>>
>>53716400
xwing i mean... sorry didn't specify
>>
File: sun_crusher-02675.jpg (28KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
sun_crusher-02675.jpg
28KB, 500x419px
*pew*
>>
>>53716495

Man, I've always had a love-hat relationship with this thing.
On the one hand its so goddamn dumb, but on the other its hilarious
>>
>>53716476
>implying that makes me wrong

E;R covers very well why both movies blow whale dick. Plinkett's RO commentary is good too, even I disagree with Mike on TFA.

If you really can't fathom how anyone could dislike two bad movies, then try looking around for other opinions and analyses on why they sucked.
>>
>>53716517

O P I N I O N S
>>
File: Look sir, salt!.jpg (434KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
Look sir, salt!.jpg
434KB, 1000x675px
>>53716517
>>
Looks like it's time to get the gayposting out again
>>
Does anyone know if there's the TFA FFG rule book in the pastebin/mega?
>>
>>53716539
>>53716566
It's cool. When you're right, the natural first reaction of those who wrongly disagree is either anger or denial.
>>
>>53710531
Choosing initiative would definitely be too much as it vastly diminishes the value of cool/vigilance ranks, as well as any talents that would add to them. Static initiative is fine as long as your players are okay with it, though I would still use whatever applies to the situation (presence+cool if waiting to initiate a fight, willpower+vigilance for most other situations), and use +/-.33 or +/-.5 when accounting for boosts/setbacks.

>>53713216
Jewel of Yavin. Solid open area, requires players to work together and actually think things through, and the adventure gets progressively harder and the rewards will progressively shrink the worse they do. If you re-work the players being bait-and-switched two times with false Queens, Mask of the Pirate Queen is decent. Rescue at Glare Peak is pretty good too, gives the players a somewhat similar feeling to rescuing Leia from the Death Star.

>>53716599
There was only ever the Beginner Game, and yes, it's in the OP.
>>
>>53716495
Sun Crusher
3 attack turret, 1 agility, ten hull, zero shields

1 crew slot

Title: Sun Crusher: You may equip a tractor beam at normal points cost.

When you execute a maneuver that causes you to overlap a ship, destroy that ship.

Modification: Quantum-crystalline armor:
All damage cards are dealt to you face down.
At the start of the end phase, discard all damage cards assigned to you.

Rebel PS6 Pilot Kyp Durron: EPT: When attacking with a primary weapon, if you are attacking an Imperial ship, all dice are set to [crits].

98 points.

Imperial PS3 Maw Facility Test Pilot: 94 points
>>
File: Suncrusher-smash.jpg (397KB, 904x575px) Image search: [Google]
Suncrusher-smash.jpg
397KB, 904x575px
>>53716944
Forgot the image.
>>
>>53716400
What faction? What ships seem cool to you? Budget? Can you proxy or borrow upgrade cards?
>>
>>53708533
>Gravitas For Sale

I understood that reference.
>>
>>53716400
Get three Jumpmasters and two Protectorate Fighters, any mixing and matching of them will be top tier and you'll win every game.
Everyone might hate you though.
>>
How much would it fuck with the XWM meta if huge ships were allowed in 100 point games?
>>
>>53717195
Probably not too much? The Raider and CR-90 wouldn't see any play at all since they'd basically just be bare bodies and I don't think either of the Gozantis or the GR-75 would be significantly better than like a pimped out Ghost, YV or Decimator. Maybe you'd see like a C-ROC + Dengar or something?
>>
File: swoop_squadron.png (444KB, 1000x1070px) Image search: [Google]
swoop_squadron.png
444KB, 1000x1070px
>>53680746

Two questions regarding the FFG systems:

>1. During character creation, what should you invest XP in after you don't have enough to raise your characteristics any higher?
>2. How soon should you start buying into new specializations?
>>
I'm a little out of place here, but does anyone happen to have links to Age of Rebellion's Game Master's Kit and Force and Destiny's core rulebook?
>>
>>53719676

Never mind I completely ignored the fact that the link was right there.
>>
>>53718464
>1
Skills, talents, force powers. It's your choice. Get one or two essential skills at rank 2 and you're set.
>2
Whenever you want, really. Pro tip: have a couple of neat talents in your first spec, and then cross spec to interesting stuff
>>
>>53708280
Beastmaster park rangers in an eternal war with ship-fuel-moonshine redneck aliens
>>
File: k meetups.gif (3MB, 381x308px) Image search: [Google]
k meetups.gif
3MB, 381x308px
>>53708280
Skinwalkers, radiation, and /k/ommandos.
>>
File: hood bunnies 2.jpg (82KB, 599x590px) Image search: [Google]
hood bunnies 2.jpg
82KB, 599x590px
>>53708280
>Carnivorous Hoojibs
>Hallucinogenic fungus spores
>Venomous stinging trees
>Large spiders that hunt in packs
>Small spiders that live in packs and boots
>Rain and humidity
>>
>>53720455
This is amazing.
>>
>>53716517
You're right, it doesn't make you wrong. It doesn't make you right either.

My personal opinion was that Rogue One was a fun movie with an acceptable cast and excellent visuals, while TFA was a remastered ANH which should be shunned.

Everyone can fathom why some people like them and why some people hate them, we (you) should learn and accept that everyone can have an opinion.
>>
>>53708280
It's a hilly cold forest, filled with cliffs, uneven ground, space meece, wolverines, and bogs that seem iced over but are still too thin to walk on
>>
>>53721214
>O P I N I O N S
>P
>I
>N
>I
>O
>N
>S
>>
>>53721600
What, are you talking about the part where I stated "My personal opinion", or are you reacting to where I said we should learn and accept that everyone can have an opinion?

Cause the latter is a fact.
>>
>>53721749
I think he was referring to earlier in the thread, when /tv/posters were driven off by spamming "OPINIONS".
>>
>>53708256
>>53708323
>>53708533
These are all fine and well, but I was hoping for something a bit spookier.

The plan is to use it as a derelict hulk adrift in deep space that suddenly powered back on and appeared on sensors. Party goes to explore it, and the lights/gravity are (initially) off and it's full of angry malfunctioning robutts that attack them in the darkness. Wanted to try my hand at some horror elements.
>>
i like imperial assault
>>
>>53717135
happy to play any faction. they all seem cool. id look to spend 300us $ max maybe.
no access to proxy or other cards a
>>
>>53716102
Too bad you're wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_110832.jpg (75KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_110832.jpg
75KB, 1136x640px
>>53716102
>except those returning from previous films

Leia was alright, sure, but Luke, Chewbacca, and the droids were barely in the movie. Han was alright too I guess, except that he played a really different role than he did in the OT - he seemed completely incompetent and in over his head the entire time, while also absorbing Obi-Wan's serious mentor role - and the movie was sorely lacking someone else playing the "Han Solo" role, and so its absence was really apparent.

Thanks to JJ's writing style, instead of one cocky/sarcastic guy who seems to know what he's doing but really doesn't; that was *everyone*, and therefore nobody. Poe Dameron is the strongest candidate, but he, too, is barely in the movie.

I thought Rey was fine, and I liked Kylo Ren quite a bit (he was basically the only "new" character), but overall it was a fairly bland movie. I'm continually suprised by people who have strong opinions on it in either direction. By contrast, I thought R1 was awful, but understand what others may have found appealing about it. (And it did a better job of both having a sarcastic character, and being a Western...)

/Opinions

>>53723942
Are you the only one? I've never seen anybody playing it, and there's some pretty niche games being played in my area. It does seem fun, if not something I'd personally get that into.

>>53721974
Short of pedophilia, is there really any trait that absolutely outs a /tv/poster?

It seems more likely it's just passerby posters from the front page and/or lurkers.
>>
>>53724731
>Short of pedophilia, is there really any trait that absolutely outs a /tv/poster?

Probably the biggest red flag is that they exclusively discuss the movies. Very rarely do they talk about EU stuff (both old and new) or anything /tg/-related. Moreover, they often, though not always, discuss these films in the context of being films exclusively, instead of being only one type of content within a larger franchise. On /tg/, there isn't much of an appreciable difference in value between the main series and something like Heir to the Empire, or even KOTOR, because they all serve as sources and inspiration for storytelling. /tv/, however, doesn't give a shit that the nucanon novels go in depth about the structure and political climate of the Hosnian system and the New Republic, they just bitch that its significance hadn't been built up in the film before they all blew up.

The second major trait is that they never allow an opposing statement to go unchallenged. Someone (either a /tv/poster or a hapless anon) posts an opinion, and then someone else has to challenge it. Because that statement goes against someone else, they have to challenge that. And so on and so forth, until the entire thread is the same few anons bitching at each other. In short, /tv/posting is pure, 100% skub.

As seen earlier in the thread, we would rather have gayposting than that. When we talk about qt femme trap Twi'Leks, at least people are enjoying the thread. Because, much like how /v/ hates video games, /lit/ hates books, and /a/ hates anime, /tv/posters are incapable of enjoying their chosen medium.

The most important thing to remember: responding to /tv/posting with anything other than mockery is still /tv/posting. By arguing with them, you accept the premise that this is the appropriate place to have the argument.
>>
Going to my first store champs today.
Hoping to get a win. not win the tournament, just win a game.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (15KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
15KB, 298x169px
>>53726072
Same here, except fuck you, I'm gonna win the tournament.
>>
>>53724329
You need to make some decisions. Do you have a character or ship you want to include because you think they are cool? How many ships do you want to fly?

You have to give me something to work with.
>>
>>53726138
>>53726072
Good luck and have fun!

What are you guys flying?
>>
>>53724731
i could very well be the only one, since i got no one to play that game with.

Skirmish seems really cool, it looks like a western shootout, like the ok corral between rival gangs.

everyone plays x wing, wich is great, but i dont have the money to keep up with that (in my group im the only one buying the miniatures, aside for a friend that bought the millennium) and fuck turret weapons i wanted to play dog fights in space. Have still to try autothrusters tho.
>>
>>53726023
>Because, much like how /v/ hates video games, /lit/ hates books, and /a/ hates anime, /tv/posters are incapable of enjoying their chosen medium.
Why is it that /tg/ is one of the few 4chan boards where you can actually talk about the board's primary topic?
>>
>>53726455
Niche topic.
>>
Hey /tg/ how's my list?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!10::-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:;239:27:48:31:;28:18:5:1:M.15&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=
>>
File: sith doggo.jpg (159KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sith doggo.jpg
159KB, 640x360px
>>53726455
Possibly because we're hobbyists and not just 'blind consumers'. sure we buy books, minis, movies and so forth. But we also get to pick-chose what we like from those and sometimes add a bit in for our games, maybe that means throwing in a handful of the EU timeline into your RPG or painting your mini's in a colour scheme you thought would be cool. So there is that aspect of creativity and contribution, even at a really micro-scale that doesn't necessarily extend past your gaming group, but its "yours" and who really gives a fuck if no one else likes it as long as you do.

Important thing is you enjoy it, dwelling in negativity and misery is ultimately pointless. Sure some things suck in the media, but you can either embrace the suck and laugh at it or just ignore it and focus on what you do like.
>>
>>53726176
imps
marak defender omega leader fo and the inquistor
>>
>>53726455

Probably because /tg/ is so broad and there's a creative or interactive element there. Especially with RPGs you kind of construct your own enjoyment - people can take a shite system and have fun with it, some people can hate a system which has demonstrably relevant mechanics because it doesn't do what they want or it hit the genre they want.

/tg/ hates the shit out of games, it just tends to be on a case by case basis.
>>
File: 43ghy.jpg (41KB, 479x540px) Image search: [Google]
43ghy.jpg
41KB, 479x540px
>>53721974
>>53726023
>Hurr everyone who doesn't like the movies is a tvposter

>Hurr everyone on this thread was a tvposter

>Hurr its better when we discuss gay erotic fanfiction than when we discuss star wars

>Hurr 4chn board wars still exist like it's 2006

>Hurr were all so much better than those tvposting swine

>Hurr our opinions are better than your opinions
>>
>>53721214
Not all opinions are correct, and I'll admit my own bias, but I will never truly think that those who enjoyed Farce Engorges and Rogue Wan are at all in good taste and anything more than nostalgia-baited. Films are a very subjective medium, and my opinion on it happens to be strong. To that end I accept that some people like those two movies, and I won't ever tell them they can't. I'll just tell them they're wrong.
>>
>>53728728
>Farce Engorges and Rogue Wan

Those names are really not witty, anon.
At all.
>>
Don't take it lads

Anyways, what's everyone's favorite WEG adventure? Which do y'all think would be the most suitable for conversion to FFG?
>>
>>53726176
Flying a Liberty list in Armada.

Lost 3-8 first round.
>>
>>53726752

Are 4pt Initiative bids a thing in your meta?
>>
>>53729730
Yeah, that's a bit of a weakness I've notice is that giant point gap but that IS why I'm asking how's the list.
>>
Alright, well let's get a little more /tg/ on topic. So with the Auzituck preview out, there's a lot of talk of the game balance in general - many people think it'll be the resurgence of more annoying rebel tactics though I'm not so sure. It has serious limits in it's utility.

But in general, this has me thinking about a lot of X-Wing's boogeymen, how I feel about them based on experience and listening to people, and what maybe FFG can do about them.

FFG does just need to nut up and pick whichever Jumpmaster "fix" is the least complex and expensive for them. It might not be the most elegant, but they need to do it. This I think will get to the heart of a lot of problems right now in that basically with it's low cost and great upgrades, dial and etc Jumps are too warpy. They can still do their stupid shit, and need to be less stupid.

I'm not sure I'd say Mindlink is "broken", and there's been some flexes in how it affects things but it's definitely become very crutch for Scum. The fixes for Scum won't be discouraging this. I'm not sure a range limit will actually help, though with Arc Casters, Harpoon Missiles and Either aggressor ace with Ruthlessness running around it might. I wonder if making it a focus action might limit stacks while still keeping flexibility and making the stress component more damaging.
>>
>>53729889

Bombs are another big target. With palp reduced Imperial Ace high-agi token stackers are less reliable so the need to make them disappear is lessened, but bombs have historically been pretty butts so you have to be careful about neutering them. Making Sabine range limited or limited to bombs dropped by her ship is probably fair - this may just shape what kinds of bombs people take though. Some people I know complain about Advanced SLAM, I think you're just going to have to suck it up and realize that Advanced SLAM is working as intended OR say what you actually mean which is just "ban Advanced SLAM". If you change it to "action bar" then you will remove it, because you have no need. SLAM into focus? For what purpose? SLAM closer to get a TL? LRS is 2 pts cheaper.

Of course, stuff in the H-6 might change up the bomb game so who knows.

TLT is another big boogeyman. Again, I don't know if it's OP per say, but it's very much a "crutch" to turrets. If you're gonna run turrets as anything but filler - with that scratch damage potential and 2-3 range you make room for the points. It absolutely kills Synced Turret despite the fact that mechanically ST is an amazing turret - it promotes keeping in arc something people complain about. I think some people will still run Sync anyway (especially say on the H-6 which rerolls all it's dice) but the range and potential of TLT makes it better. Not really sure what to do about it. Giving it the +1 green at R3 might help, but I don't know if that's enough.
>>
File: 1497110431661.jpg (708KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497110431661.jpg
708KB, 1000x1000px
Yo. I need help making a unit for my eote game. Its stormtroopers with enhanced perception drugs. Think like Slo Mo from Dredd. What should i include on their sheet.
>>
>>53730108
>Femquisitor

Her voice made me so hard
>>
>>53730048

People are mad about Fenn Rau - I don't think he needs a "nerf" right away though. He's been around a limited time, eventually the game will just start eating him up like they did Soontir Fel, and I wonder if chipping away at stuff like Mindlink might make him more reasonable. I also think ships like the Wookship and it's high-level tank will be useful to try and work against him. High HP and proper use of reinforce makes it hard to erase - and if it's against say the PS7 gunship then you're just making him stronger. I expect that if Fenn continues to run away with the ace game then FFG will do what they did to Fel and trickle out some cards which will improve counterplay.

Also, speaking of the Gunship - I think it's a dead sign that FFG will do something further to Biggs. It seems a lot like they're actually being smart, and trying to put in several biggs-like effects into the game before they knock that pillar out. I'd guess Biggs moves to once per round - which will make him more worth the points compared to Selflessness and likely to eat big attacks (like stopping PS9 Darth Vader from steamrolling your Luke) but, y'know, not as much of a guaranteed bullet sponge.

2 ATK ships hurt right now, but that's not an FAQ thing. That's gonna come to fruition through upgrades like Snap Shot, Swarm Leader - even Unguided Rockets which try and give a little bit of an edge somewhere to those smaller punch ships. Stuff like the Auzituck will stay good vs lots of little scraps of damage, I think, but there probably will come some alternate options to let them back in vs different sorts of ships.
>>
>>53730151
>Her voice made me so hard
Congratulations, you have a crush on Sarah Michelle Gellar. Or, in other words, you are heterosexual.
>>
>>53729889
I really don't think the Auzituck is going to make any waves at all. It's for most purposes just a B-wing with an evade action and is susceptible to pretty much everything the B-wing is with worse pilot abilities and worse offensive potential. If rebels had a big support crew like Palpatine it would be a great Palp carrier but the closest they've got is Sabine and she's perfectly happy sitting on a K-wing.

Maybe there will be a week or two of people trying super sticky mass auzzie lists but I don't think their tankyness goes far enough to beat out any of the popular big dice throwers like Fenn, Rey+Finn, Vessery or a torp scout, they'll just live through it a little longer before dying all the same.
>>
>>53730256

I suspect now that Scum and Imps both have their double-crew, Rebels will get one eventually. I think Nand said he wanted to do a Yoda or Obi-Wan card for 2016 worlds.

The Gunship has some potential, I think it's top pilots will see some use, especially if they do do something about Biggs, but yeah, it's not a very impactful ship directly (which is okay). But a lot of this wave seems to be about toolkit ships. They may not be great today, or tomorrow, but they're not an instant "will win" ship nor will they be completely useless - and probably some people will eventually make them click.

Assuming the community doesn't just chant "DOA" enough times that everyone believes it.
>>
>>53729116
I have a love for Strikeforce Shantipole and No Disintegrations. Don't know about translating them to FFG though
>>
>>53730341
I'd agree that the Gunship and the Aggressor are both just "here have this one thing that might be more relevant down the road" but I've got a suspicion that a lot of the shit in the Scurrg is going to be really fucking good. Three pilot abilities, six brand new upgrades, tallon rolls and barrel rolls on a bomber, something in there is almost certainly going to be broken as shit.
>>
>>53730151
>>53730232
If you told me wing commander and Buffy were gonna get married, and then both be in Star Wars together years ago,I would have told you that you were full of shit.
>>
>>53730553
I think that the Gunship with Hera and Ezra will be pretty good.
>>
>>53730637
Nevermind Hera. dunno what I was thinking. Ezra and somebody else. Maybe Chopper for lulz.
>>
>>53730664
Chopper might not actually be that bad, you can PTL to get reinforce and focus and then instead of clearing it just self damage until Wulf gets his +1 die.
>>
>>53730765
I really like Breach Specialist too.
>>
>>53730798

Breach Specialist is fucking great.

Wookiees confirmed for no fucks given. And not faction restricted so it's great for Epic.
>>
>>53730798
I think it's an interesting effect that will see mostly filler use since it's so situational. It's a nice cheap way of countering crit pushers like Etahn Abaht, Ten Numb and Kylo so we can finally see those get weeded out of the meta.
>>
>>53729116
I like the DarkStryder series of adventures, but more as a campaign framework and sourcebook than running the adventures straight, since it's so railroaded that you'd think thousands of Chinese died getting it finished.
Kinda feels like it was a novel that bantem passed on before being turned into a series of adventures
>>
>>53724731
Liking the Farce Engorges is a sure way to out yourself as a /tv/ poster consider they suck RLM's cock.
>>
>>53730256
Azituck is going to be annoying. 4 commando carriers at PS 1, 3 PS 3's with pred, gunner, and tactician...

Aggressor is propped up solely by TLT, and has an offensively bad top generic.

$10 says that the skurrg is broken.
>>
>>53731308
>$10 says that the skurrg is broken.
I mean, it's Scum, so yeah.
>>
>>53731308
>PS 3's with EPT slots
It's a rebel ship, not a scum one.
>>
>>53730951
>It's a nice cheap way of countering crit pushers like Etahn Abaht, Ten Numb and Kylo so we can finally see those get weeded out of the meta.

Jeez I know right

Etanh and Numb, so op, what were they thinking
>>
>>53731197
confirmed autism
>>
https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/873629305410121728

BFII gameplay trailer.

Are you ready to watch those wrist rockets?
>>
File: bird alignments.png (1MB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
bird alignments.png
1MB, 1000x800px
How good are the published FFG adventures? Which are the best? Thinking of running one in a couple of weeks when I get busy.
>>
>>53732818

Lots of V-Wing and N-1 love in both the trailer and the livestream they did, BTW, if you like either of those ships.

V-Wings are no longer shoehorned as bombers.
>>
>>53732986
V-wing for XWM when?
>>
>>53733050

We have been predicting the N-1 Naboo for a while now, V-Wing's been in enough GCW era comics now to also stand a good chance of getting in at some point.

I'm actually kind of suprised they didn't go for it over the Wookie Gunship in this wave desu.
>>
>>53733090
>>53733050

Wookiee gunship is trying a new mechanic. N-1 or V-Wing might not be, so much unless they explicitly add Imperial Astros.

Imp V-Wing and Rebel N-1 would be a good wave breakdown. Maybe put Vader in a new chassis like we did with Steele?
>>
File: 1497126324027.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497126324027.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>53732818
>>
>>53733353
Looks like TLJ fixed the First Order helmets. I like them way better.
>>
>>53733353

I fucking love this shot
>>
File: 1490556317395.webm (1MB, 1146x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490556317395.webm
1MB, 1146x480px
>>53709239
Oy, the BD has been out for ages. You can ditch that hideous looking camprip webm.
>>
>>53732818

The actress they have playing the main character is great too, she was at the press conference doing the BFII presentation.

would gladly for the emperor
>>
>>53733149
Tarkin flew a V in his novel, he'd be a fun pilot
>>
>>53734876

Heh, that would be fun. Put him in as a mid-PS level guy with an ability similar to his epic only crew card to pass or kill focus. Not as strong as some focus passing abilities because it would probably only be one target, but still could be neat.
>>
File: 1455648805853.jpg (165KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
1455648805853.jpg
165KB, 1600x912px
>>53734876
>Tarkin flying starfighters
>Palpatine raced speeders
>Zsinj's chefs
>/swg/ Raith Sienar
>Rom Mohc and nuThrawn wrestling droids
You know, Imperial High Command seems like a pretty fun bunch when they're off the clock. I wonder if Palps, Tarkin, Vader, and Sienar hang out when they're off duty together.
>>
>>53729285
>>53726176
I went 3-8, 6-5, 6-5 for an overall seventh (of 12) place finish. Not bad for my first outing.
>>
>>53734876
The Empire in canon uses the V-wings for a while after ROTS. So X-wing should have 'em for Imperials.
>>
>>53735027
I'd love to hear the officers' mess banter between Rom Mohc and nuThrawn reminiscing on great bouts and sharing tips and tricks for making droid scrap with their bare hands
>>
>>53735027

>Palpatine rolls up in a chromed out Palpmobile to the officer's quarters with two royal guards in the back, and says in his best rasp:
>"Get in losers, we're going cruising"
>>
>>53735356

Royal Guard duty has to be like the most batshit stupid Secret Service duty ever. Like, you have to watch out for Sheev - but you have absolutely no authority to tell him off for doing something crazy.

Like, he says he's gonna go out on the town and get crunk you gotta watch his ass. He says he's going to pop out to Kuat for a "sudden inspection" and now you got to pick some guys and fly all the way over there with him.
>>
>>53735356
>>
File: 1481230809519.jpg (38KB, 750x517px) Image search: [Google]
1481230809519.jpg
38KB, 750x517px
>>53735771
>>
>>53735476

To be fair though, the guy is a precognitive who can solve his problems by hating them to death, and once travelled all the way to Mandalore just because he was bored and wanted to show off his sweet lightsabers to his old students in the middle of a galactic war.
It's basically next to impossible for you to lose a primary like that.
>>
>>53735863

Yeah, but he still has to put on appearances, and that's got to be scary as hell when like, you do a shift change, some guys go into his office and he's not there because he decided to go slip out for a couple days to Sidious it up. He's probably not going to die, but at the same time on paper your job is still to guard him.

>"Aw fuck, he's gone again. Quick, everybody look busy. We'll call the 501st, see if Vader is doing anything right now."
>>
File: Crimson_Empire_III_3.jpg (728KB, 1280x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Empire_III_3.jpg
728KB, 1280x1969px
>>53735476
>but you have absolutely no authority to tell him off for doing something crazy.
The Royal Guard is filled with hardcore '90s comic book action heroes. They're more likely to join in than tell Palps to knock it off.
>>
File: the derp side.png (317KB, 462x353px) Image search: [Google]
the derp side.png
317KB, 462x353px
>>53730627
>wing commander and Buffy were gonna get married, and then both be in Star Wars together

Jesus shit, I knew all the points but hadn't connected them. Reality really is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>53735902
I think he'd be more likely to be waking guys up in the middle of the night to drag them along on his escapades because he wanted people around to watch him zap shit.
>>
>>53735962
Why does Luke look like Dave England?
>>
>>53730108
>That waifu chart

Breddy gud taste
>>
>>53736129
>including nonhumans as potential waifus
Found the Rebelfag
>>
File: x-wings and y-wings.jpg (60KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
x-wings and y-wings.jpg
60KB, 1024x768px
>>53736170
>Only meatbags on the chart
He's not even a Rebelfag. There isn't a single letter-wing on there.
>>
>>53736230
If we take ships into this we wouldn't have any meatbags
>>
I know this probably gets asked alot but how easy is it to run FFG Star Wars in other eras like New Jedi Order, Old Republic, etc? I assume Force & Destiny works for practically any time period but Age of Rebellion looks really tied to OT adventures and it'd be difficult to use to run Old Republic Troopers but I don't own that book yet.
>>
>>53737364
Not particularly hard. A lot of the gear is generic (a blaster rifle is a blaster rifle, no matter the era) and it's easy to homebrew your own Duty table fit your players' time period and faction. In terms of ships and vehicles, it's just a matter of renaming stat blocks. There's also lots of Clone-era tech in the splat books. EotE also doesn't need much modification. Heists, crime, and scum are timeless, after all.
>>
>>53737364
Core books have general content while the class books get more specific. It all still works with a little renaming work.

The actual problem is that Jedi should be formally trained and much more powerful than what the force and Destiny classes represent. This might work best if they are passed during the era.
>>
>>53737530
>>53737606

Thanks I'll take a look at everything and start working on my reskinning.
>>
File: jedi agricorps.png (9KB, 456x209px) Image search: [Google]
jedi agricorps.png
9KB, 456x209px
>>53737606
FaD does have provisions for Knight-level play, so it's still definitely possible for a group to create experienced characters. And from what we see in AotC and other media, the average OJO grunt isn't exactly impressive, either.
>>
>>53737676

>image

I'd play that.
>>
File: 141047_front.jpg (91KB, 640x923px) Image search: [Google]
141047_front.jpg
91KB, 640x923px
>>53737730
Farming is terrible though, forklifts are where the action is
Though if they had tractors in the game, that might be ok
>>
File: ig-882.png (464KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
ig-882.png
464KB, 600x467px
I've been thinking a bit tonight about the Imperial Assault meta, and how it affects conventional wisdom in the game. Traditionally, you wanted high activation counts, both because having more deployments than your opponent gives you the ability to wait them out and because expensive, unique figures used to be terribly inefficient.

But the presence of Jabba punishes high-activation lists, thanks to the extra victory points he gains whenever an enemy figure dies. Combined with the scoring changes (you score points every time you kill a figure, rather than when you kill the last figure in a group), things like run-of-the-mill Stormtroopers aren't nearly as attractive as they used to be.

So I want to try out a very low-activation list. Hunters are in a great place right now as far as having multiple mid- to high-cost playable options, so that's where I decided to build. Here is my first draft of the list:
>Deployment Cards
IG-88 with Focused on the Kill (12 points)
Bossk (8)
Shyla Varad (8)
Onar Koma (6)
Jabba the Hutt (6)
>Command Cards
Assassinate (3)
Blaze of Glory (2)
Heightened Reflexes (2)
Tools for the Job (2)
Bladestorm (1)
Extra Protection (1)
Focus (1)
Glory of the Kill (1)
Negation (1)
Primary Target (1)
Disorient (0)
Element of Surprise (0)
Opportunistic (0)
To the Limit (0)
Toxic Dart (0)

Jabba is there for card draw (since I won't have anyone camping terminals), focus, and Order Hit. The other four are all hard hitting and relatively tough, although I'll have to play them carefully to keep them from getting swamped. IG-88 has the best pure damage (and can attack twice per round if he doesn't have to move) but can't benefit from focus. Bossk with a focus hits even harder in single shots and has some AOE potential. Shyla also has some AOE potential and can help set up positioning for everyone else. Onar fills out the list with a powerful attack and a whole lot of hit points.

I don't know if it will be competitive, but I'm looking forward to trying it.
>>
File: 3ZyAiEQE.jpg (138KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
3ZyAiEQE.jpg
138KB, 1440x810px
>>
Just got top 4 at a 30-man store championship with the good Rear Admiral and Juno Eclipse. Slaughtering Biggs/Miranda/Ahsoka, Dengar/Asajj, and two different triple ace Imp lists. Lost to an Expertise Rey/Norra, and then a Paratanni variant in the top 4.

I think Imperials can absolutely do well with decent builds in the current meta.
>>
>>53739738

You're a good man, anon brown.

I will be telling this tale for weeks to come.

>"Don't be telling me Imperials are fucked, I heard tale of a man who ran RAC+Juno and went to the top four, beating biggs and jumps to do it"
>>
>>53739738
I took a Parattanni variant to a similar size SC today and lost in top 4. Empire won the whole thing.
>>
In the continuing adventures of the "Accidentally Kidnapped Luke Skywalker" group.

Last session, the PCs stole a Star Destroyer with the aid of a droid army.

They immediately lost partial control due to mutinies and sabotage. They also realized they were being tracked. To buy time, they parked the SD way too close to a sun. While the twi'lek pilot tried to convince some of the officers to join the rebel cause (and put the bounty hunter, the Emperor's heir, on the throne), the rest of the PCs stabilized the ship.

And then the Imperial Armada, Executor in the lead, arrived and started blowing holes in their ship.

They ran, at good speed too, but Vader and the 501st went to board and slaughter them. It was a general massacre. Vader chased down and started beating on Luke. Evil Leia went after the twi'lek, who was untrained in the arts of lightsaber fighting.

Luckily, the twi'lek was very good at tapping into the dark side, and survived. The PCs escaped in their terrible barge of a ship with some of the less suicidal Imperials and a few rebel operatives. Just before they boarded though, Vader, finally catching up to them, cut Luke in half before their eyes.

They only escaped because they pointed out that "his lady-friend" was still on the (set to self destruct) Star Destroyer, and he should really go deal with that.

Anyway, now completely fucked, the PCs fled to a distant pirate-held world, spent all their money recruiting a new ship, and prepared to continue their plan of harassing and starving the Grand Imperial Armada.

Vader, via a force vision and then a telephone call, made a counteroffer. He'd release the rebel prisoners he held if the bounty hunter agreed to marry his daughter, Evil Leia. This plot brought to you by /swg/.

Anyway, Vader had been planning to turn on the Emperor for a while. With the last of the Jedi dead, and a legitimate imperial heir right in front of him, he'd never have a better chance.
>>
File: 1415990693891.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1415990693891.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>53740475
>captured a SD
>shitty pc can fight against a Vader trained Leia
>Vader killing Luke
>Vader willing to marry his daughter to a fucking bh
This is the worst story I have ever seen from you yet. Is this satire?
>>
File: rostyslav-zagornov-cold-spot.jpg (245KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
rostyslav-zagornov-cold-spot.jpg
245KB, 1920x1078px
>>53740475
The Bounty Hunter thought about it, panicked, and then tentatively agreed. Some of the prisoners were released. The PCs informed Rebel Command of /some/ of the details, and Luke's death, and Leia's continued survival. They really didn't provide the full picture.

The Rebels, fearing the Death Star II and the Emperor's increasing instability, told the PCs that they were on their own. Vader's offer was almost certainly a trap, and even if it wasn't, he would turn on the PCs the moment he had what he wanted.

The PCs agreed, but still wanted to go through with it. They wanted to have a brief vacation first.

As the last Jedi-ish person around, aside from a green goblin who lives in a swamp, the twi'lek decided to track down some old religious ruins. Jedah was the go-to site, but apparently there had been a mining disaster. After some hasty research they found an ancient world, bombed into dust by some forgotten war.

In a crumbling and looted temple, the twi'lek had a vision of the Jedi order's past. They were diplomats, healers, historians, counselors, and students. They carried no badge of office, swore no oaths save to the Force, and acted without violence. But they slowly faded, and this world was abandoned.

She found out why, in a letter written by a dying Jedi centuries before. An order of "Jedi Knights" had sprung up. Vibrant, militant, and exciting, these knights had brought peace - by the laser sword - to the galaxy. The old ways of the Jedi were slowly forgotten. But the dying Jedi master, alone in his abandoned temple, had feared they were sowing the seeds of ruin.

The leader and founder of these "knights" was one Master Yoda.

And that's where the session ended.
>>
>>53740552
Nope, sorry you missed the previous games. It's a very tongue-in-cheek, canon-lite game.

I'm abridging it a lot and making things seem trivially easy, I know. Trust me when I say that it was easier said than done.

And yeah, Vader killed Luke. Luke wouldn't turn, and Vader had a perfect apprentice already. Luke was an "extra prince, and we all know what happens to extra princes".

The "bounty hunter" is an ex-noble, on the run, etc, etc, etc. And it's not exactly a... traditional marriage. It's one of politics. He's of the Emperor's family and bloodline. He has the strongest legitimate claim to the Empire. It would only make sense. It's not like he'll have any actual power, once his father-in-law gets involved.
>>
>>53740475
>Vader, via a force vision and then a telephone call

This is honestly the best part of the story.

I can only imaging the atmosphere and reaction of picking up the proverbial phone and Darth-fucking-Vader is on the other end of the line.
>>
>>53740601
>I can only imaging the atmosphere and reaction of picking up the proverbial phone and Darth-fucking-Vader is on the other end of the line.

It was pretty good. They called the Executor on an open line going "Hi, this is the Rebel Alliance. I'm [name]. Can I speak to Darth Vader please."

And of course, they got told off... until the call routing peon's console lit up with alerts. They got put on hold, transferred, put on hold, verified, and then given a secure code and cypher and told to call back.

And /then/ they got Darth-fucking-Vader on the phone, and things got very serious very quickly.
>>
File: Purloined Plans.jpg (131KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
Purloined Plans.jpg
131KB, 427x640px
>>53740552
This is /swg/
>We have looked into the abyss of star wars fan fiction
>Some of swg had a cheeky wank into the abyss
>The abyss looked away
>>
File: DB_CIj8XUAIt5p3.jpg (109KB, 1920x870px) Image search: [Google]
DB_CIj8XUAIt5p3.jpg
109KB, 1920x870px
Maybe Revenge of the Sith covers this (but I've only seen it once because it makes me so mad) but what covered the gap between the Mark 2 clone gear and Stormtroopers? When did that come in?

Also has anyone attempted to explain why they went from Mark 1 to Mark 2 in like 3 years but kept the Stormtrooper gear for like a decade, possibly much longer?

also how do you save a fucking gif from twitter ffs
>>
Hi all. I need some quick advice please.

My player (solo campaign) has been having a rough time in the story for a variety of reasons. They're a fugitive Jedi in search of a master, and have learned their long lost sister is now Imperial and hates Jedi, their long lost master they thought they reunited with briefly was a Force spirit (long story), their first living Jedi they met was basically crazy, and they are struggling to reconcile love and family with the Jedi Code (Discovered when older so not as indoctrinated with that; they had a family like Anakin did.)

Basically I've made the story a bit too bleak and they deseve some victories. I don't want it to feel like freebies though... any ideas on some easy - but not TOO easy - quests to bring happiness to a fugitive Jedi and make them feel more welcome in the galaxy?

She is in the middle of a quest to find a mentor and is about to get some clues to reach Ossus (a goal of hers and something I hope to make a large arc out of.) Her character likes retrieving and preserving lore and artifacts.

Thank you.
>>
>>53741426
I can give more, and better written, details later. Am on phone.
>>
>>53741426
sex scene
>>
File: never change tg (2).png (60KB, 627x165px) Image search: [Google]
never change tg (2).png
60KB, 627x165px
>>
>>53739738

What was your Chirpy build? I had a scary time against one packing Kylo last Store Tourney I went to.
>>
Okay, how the FUCK do you counter Demolisher?

It kicked my ass at the store tournament yesterday - although my opponent was a very skilled player and I am not. But every time a Demolisher is on the table, it fucks me, even against players I beat more often than not. That one fucking ship always kicks my ass when people bring it. I don't think I've ever managed to kill it.

What the fuck is the strategy? Is it the right build? The right deployment? How do you stop a speed 3 + Engine Techs monster that can last/first triple tap you from across the fucking universe? I look at my MC30 at weep in comparison.
>>
File: alexander_dudar_03.jpg (521KB, 1800x749px) Image search: [Google]
alexander_dudar_03.jpg
521KB, 1800x749px
>>53739477
Its sort of grown on me over time, at first I wasn't real keen on some bits like the wings.

Anyway, some art
>>
File: alexander_dudar_04.jpg (543KB, 1800x752px) Image search: [Google]
alexander_dudar_04.jpg
543KB, 1800x752px
>>53743292
>>
File: alexander_dudar_05.jpg (425KB, 1800x750px) Image search: [Google]
alexander_dudar_05.jpg
425KB, 1800x750px
>>53743305
>>
Haven't played X-wing in a long time.
What are the OP builds these days, and why?
>>
>>53741426
Hey, I remember you
Guess they haven't met that mentor this thread came up with yet?
My best suggestion would be to have them run into a problem where they can make a direct difference and really help people, and most importantly, have it come back on them at a later date, in a positive way.
Nobody seems to have helping people turn out positively these days, which makes it all the more satisfying when it does
>>
>>53741115

They just handed them out after a while. Some kept them, others used mk 1. I'd imagine some mixed the marks.
>>
>>53741426

One thing I was considering throwing to my jedi player (but things went differently) was rumours of a bounty hunter bragging about taking a jedi captive.
Then upon finding/defeating the bounty hunter, they have a few people locked up in carbonite.

You can either go "Yeah he has logs, this one is the supposed jedi!" or you can have a dozen different people in carbonite and then they have to work out who's who.

This also means that the jedi cant immediately go into maximum overteaching and give them everything, as they're still reeling from the effects of carbonite freezing - maybe they have a minor medical condition which has been exacerbated by it, leading to a couple fo side missions to get medical supplies for this new mentor.
>>
>>53743384
Scum as a faction are strong right now, their best builds being based around the U-boat, Fang Fighter (Fenn Rau, mostly), and Asajj Ventress.
Triple U boat isn't uncommon, along with a couple other builds, but those are generally the strongest right now.

Rebels are steadily in second place. Miranda Doni is considered out best pilot and is run most often with Sabine Wren's crew upgrade, advanced SLAM, TLT, Extra Munitions, and 2 types of bombs, one proximity based and one timed.
After Miranda, you see a lot of Biggs, Stresshog, Dash Rendar (although Leebo seems to be gaining popularity), and some Corran Horn.

Imperials are generally at the bottom of the bucket in the higher level tourneys, though they aren't that bad below that, it seems to me that they rely on 3-ship aces lists with 2-3 Defenders. I've been seeing more TIE/fo swarms in my local meta though.
>>
File: battle of naboo.jpg (45KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
battle of naboo.jpg
45KB, 650x650px
>>53732818

FUCK I CAN'T WAIT TO FLY AN N-1. BEST FUCKING SHIP COMING THROUGH. Not pre-ordering though.
>>
File: DANCEFIGHT.gif (606KB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
DANCEFIGHT.gif
606KB, 540x230px
>>53680746

https://twitter.com/FlyingTrilobite/status/871914299060518912

This dude on twitter was tasked with finding 1,100 good things about the prequels and I like and agree with the majority of shit he's posted. Including the thoughts on midichlorians.

Like the Force is still the Force. It's still mysterious magic. The midichlorians are just a conduit.

That said why does the Force need to be mysterious anyways? Or is that just RLM-obsessed people?

Also holy shit the footage of BFII looks sick. I hope they can deliver.
>>
>>53744023
>N-1
>FUCKING IMPLYING
>>
>>53744077
I've never once understood the backlash to midichlorians. Maybe I'm too young, and it's an autism started by people who grew up with the OT and then passed down memetically?

Whereas to people like me who grew up as much with the video games as the movies, the force is less abstract and mystical, maybe.
>>
>>53744198
Back in the days of the OT, the Force was a metaphor for the human spirit. You could be naturally gifted in it but strength was a matter of belief and self-actualization. When you add technobabble and try and make that into a scientific thing rather than an emotional thing, you lose the context that it originally had which was pretty sweet.
>>
>>53744077
He's not entirely on point with the midichlorians and Vader's Force potential; remember they just test a pinprick amount of Anakin's blood and can tell that it's got a huge amount of midichlorians.

Which leads to the idea that the count is by concentration (like white blood cell counts), rather than overall amount.

Vader did lose some of his connection to the Force (according to George, it *was* because of his injuries on Mustafar, which left him with less than half the potential which he had before).

But Vader was still way stronger than Anakin Skywalker ever was.
>>
Is PTL a necessity for Interceptors, or has anyone had any success without?

I want to try Fel's Wrath and Lorrir in particular
>>
>>53744198
One of those things people seem to either love/hate.
Think it distanced a lot of people by their quantifiable measurement, when prior to that it was basically mystical space wizardry. George apparently wanted them in the first series of films but lacked the time to put them in.

I don't think they're absolutely terrible, but I personally prefer the mystical and mysterious side to them when dealing with the role playing games.
>>
>>53744560
>>53744198
>>53744578
>>53745082

Holy SHIT I was expecting a lot of crazy hatred to that post, I'm actually surprised.

Man I am so glad that there are a lot of Star Wars fans who can think for themselves rather than blindly jack off to RLM lmao.

That said, imo they could've handled it better in the films but from what I had seen of the original scene with Liam and Jake, it's a little kid asking a teacher a question, the teacher, short on time as they have to finish the mission to Naboo, gives the best explanation he can, and then he says "you'll understand in time."

Idk how soo many people could explode at such a small thing. I was mad about it back in middle school when it was still fun to hate the newer films until I actually thought about it
>>
File: 1495638080297.jpg (140KB, 968x744px) Image search: [Google]
1495638080297.jpg
140KB, 968x744px
>>53739895
Thanks, I think. I do think it serves as an interesting counterpoint to some of the naysaying and Juno is a fucking monster in the end game 1v1.

>>53740161
What did yours have? The one I fought had a rigged cargo on a scout, which ended up costing me the whole game.

>>53742053
RAC: VI, Gunner, Hot-shot, Vader, EU, Seismics, EM
Juno: VI, TIE/x1, ATC, Prockets, GC

Hot-shot co-pilot with gunner is amazing in the current meta, and it melts many, many things. Only really failed me once all day, in the game against the Rey. Vader crew is honestly just the sweetener, but it makes ships like Fenn Rau run away, which is hilarious to watch for me.

Only thing I think I'd change is swapping out the two seismics for a thermal and initiative point. Not because the thermals are that much better, but because I never used both bombs across the 9 games I've played with the list. If protons were 4 points I'd take one of them instead.

>>53742260
Heavy squadrons are a good way to go, B-wings and Rhymer and the like. My personal preferred way of dealing with Demo is to get an Ackbar MC80, point its side arc in the general direction of Demo and dare it to come into range. It tends to work actually, because if they go for it anyway the ship has the teeth to back it up, and the MC80 can survive Demo with a damage control officer and blast doors.
>>
>>53745617

I'll be honest with you, I actually think Phantom Menace was not a bad film. Some weak parts with Jar Jar, Watto and Anakin, but decent physical sets and effects, Pod Racing and an impressive climactic fight scene with Darth Maul.
I think most people who saw that film left feeling optimistic about the direction things were going.

...and then Attack of the Clones, the worst film in the franchise and one of the worst films ever made happened.
I have gone into great length about the many many many failings of that film and I honestly don't want to repeat that wall of text here.

Revenge of the Sith at least managed to get further out of Uncanny Valley than it's predecessor, and the opening battle of Coruscant looks really nice. A lot of dissappointments otherwise though, poor script hamstrung by having to setup Episode IV, some of the worst acting in Hollywood, and an absolutely laughable dance-off/fight between Obiwan and Anakin that get's COMPLETELY upstaged by a CGI Muppet and an 60 year old man in a dress.
>>
>>53744646
PTL is glued to Interceptors.

Fel's Wrath is meme-worthingly terrible.
>>
>>53746023

Yeah, how many years have we been saying Interceptors are AT LEAST two points overcosted with zero chances of a fix?
>>
>>53746006
>one of the worst films ever made

Let's be honest, it's not nearly that bad. It's incredibly uneven, but it's nowhere near the top of the "worst movies of all time" list. Honestly, take out the romance and it becomes quite solid.

It's definitely nowhere near the infamously bad movies that MST3k used to make fun of, hell it's not even close to the worst film of 2002. Let alone of the 2000s.
>>
>>53744646
Lorrir and Fel's Wrath can't take PtL. That, their low PS, fragility, and dodgy abilities are why they're bad. Personally I love flying Lorrir, but he's godawful.

>>53745935
I replaced Manaroo with Genesis Red sporting mindlink, pulsed ray shield, heavy title, and a mangler cannon.

Kudos on your showing. Juno is dope af.
>>
>>53746102
no, AOTC is fucking BAD. It's impossible to watch unless you're doing it for the sole purpose of making fun of it with friends.
>>
File: bf132sg.jpg (252KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bf132sg.jpg
252KB, 1920x1200px
>>53746153
Sometimes I feel like people who watch Star Wars don't see other films, even within the Sci-fi genre. Have you seen Star Trek Nemesis? That is a bad fucking film. So bad it nearly killed the franchise, and did kill TNG movies. AotC has nothing on it, and funnily enough they both came out the same year.

That said I think the whole prequel trilogy is improved massively by watching Clone Wars, and that's the lens I view them through now.
>>
>>53746153
Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about if you think AotC is "impossible to watch."

Try watching Gigli, Battlefield Earth, or The Room. Those are awful films.
>>
>>53743399
She hasn't, no. She's been searching for mentors, but I wanted to give her a bit of struggle before she came across one. I love the mentor this thread came up with, but the problem is I'm not sure how to naturally lead her to him... While he is actively looking for someone to teach, it just feels like a cop-out to have him show up looking for her, you know?

My best idea was she helps someone who knows them, and if she impressed them -and- they know she uses the Force, they'll be like, "...I know someone you might like to meet."

That still feels like too much of a freebie, though...

>>53743534
That's pretty good. I do like that. She has a lot of plotlines in the air right now, so I hesitate on adding a new mission to further distract her from her old ones... but... I think I could find a way to bring in some of the other plotlines. Perhaps the bounty hunter is selling the Jedi to the Hand that's on her tail, or even her sister. That would reconnect that plotline.

(Like many RPGs, she has a lot of plotlines floating around and I need to get better at reeling them in. Currently she has a dungeon on Yavin she needs to finish, her sister hunting her, an Imperial Hand that destroys Jedi artifacts and historical sites that has a vendetta against her, an Imperial Officer with which she made a deal-with-the-devil that still needs to call it in... yikes, it sounds so much worse when I lay them all out.)
>>
>>53746263
>Sometimes I feel like people who watch Star Wars don't see other films
nigger, I WORK in the film industry
>>
>>53746006
>53746006
>>53746102
>>53746153

ATOC is bad but don't blame the actors. They were doing what they were told to do by an incompetent director who surrounded himself with people who told him he was doing a decent job.

Has anyone else seen the bit from Graham Norton where Ewan Mcgregor was doing the scene with Logan for when he walks into Jango's home and Boba is supposed to be real mistrusting-looking. They kept doing the same take over and over bc the kid wasn't doing what they wanted. So Ewan seeing the kid wasn't getting the direction he needed, he told the kid "Hey just pretend I did a real bad fart and it smells real bad when I enter the room" and that's the take they used for the final film.

I'd rather go after the director and writer. They were both sadly one and the same.

Then again, the only other stuff I've seen Hayden in was Jumper, and he seemed ok in that.
>>
>>53746351
Well, the guy has a lot of children and grandchildren. She could very well come into contact with a member of his extended family and the connexion comes through there
>>
>>53746478
Lucas is 100% autistic, without his wife to filter stuff like dialogue and facial cues, he falls apart as a writer/director.
>>
>>53746510
>I don't like it, so it's autism

Not even close.
>>
>>53746486
Nice. That seems reasonable. Thanks! They could be helping their papa / grandpapa in his search for an apprentice.
>>
>>53746524
but it's true. Once his wife left him, his work got noticeably more autistic in terms of direction.
>>
>>53746560
>Work is different
>Calls it autism

Nah, bro. He had significant problems, but autism isn't one of them (unlike with you).
>>
>>53743735

Interesting.

Thank you for the analysis.

Is it just the Palp nerf that is holding back Imperials? Seems to me that represents awfully lazy piloting.
>>
>>53746802
Imps lack some tools that are essential in the modern meta.

They don't have a turret carrier (yet).

They don't have a good heavy bomber to rival the K-wing

Interceptors are over costed and tied to their upgrades, so they can't compete there.

As a faction, imps are tied to their green die rolls which are increasingly less reliable.
>>
>>53746478

My main issue with Clones is the plot, the script and the overuse of CGI that just wasn't at a technilogical level needed. I know there's only so much any actor can do when saddled with that.

Especially the plot though. They literally forgot what was the B-Plot and what was the main plotline in the last third of the film.
>>
>>53707963
>>53708323
>>53708533
On a similar note: what makes for good imperial and rebel ship names?
>>
>>53747168
Rebel ships have single-word names like Liberty or Freedom, or anything else with goodvibes, these can be followed by a number (Home One, Tantive IV, etc) but it's not necessary.
>>
>>53746802

People in X-Wing are kind of lazy in general. As a community, they take a lot of "common sense" for granted but if you pay attention you'll notice that depending on skill and circumstance people can make "bad" things work - and even beat "OP" things. Palp was definitely a crutch that doesn't exist now, but imperials were handed some tools they can use and people do use. But sans palp and with reduced x7s they do definitely lack a killer app, and the TIE Aggressor is not going to be it, even if it is an excellent turret carrier (2.5 AGI with LWF, and native BR) so people do tend to be upset because Rebel tank strats are going strong with the Auzituck and Scum got a lot of dream toys with the C-ROC Sycks and Guns For Hire (even though Scum Small ships were pretty fucking back by most objective standards for a long time).
>>
>>53747168
Imperial ship names should borrow heavily from Decepticons, or otherwise names that are heavy on aggression or pain-themes.
>>
>>53747168

Find appropriate WW2 ship names.

Translated Japanese names can make very intimidating or impressive Imperial ships, like Black Swamp, Dark Signal, Eternal Castle, Night Clad, Sleeping Island or Winter Moon.
>>
>>53746263
> Sometimes I feel like people who watch Star Wars don't see other films

Watching other films is precisely the reason I know that movie sucks?? Who are you trying to kid

Also the cartoon improves and expands a bunch of stuff but it doesn't touch on anything that made AotC awful. Good EU can't fix garbage dialogue, awful cutesy scenes and shit acting

And that's without complaining about the stuff CW did that hurt the lore
>>
>>53747445
>Watching other films is precisely the reason I know that movie sucks?

Watching other films lets you experience more and better understand what is good and what isn't, and why something is good or why it isn't.

>And that's without complaining about the stuff CW did that hurt the lore

Name something that hurt the lore, and why you think it hurt it.
>>
File: 1469774044722.jpg (444KB, 1677x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1469774044722.jpg
444KB, 1677x1043px
All this Prequel talk, and the BFII trailer especially, have reminded me of something that really annoyed me.

Which annoys the ever living hell out of me because the Grand Army of the Republic and the CIS are among the best fleshed out Sci-Fi militaries ever. That we still don't have prequel factions in either X-wing or especially Armada, because of some corny dialogue that people can't let go of for 15 years now, actually grinds my gears.
>>
>>53747627
That could have been phrased better. People's seeming inability to divorce dialogue from the war machine is costing us some real quality gameplay. Even if they aren't adding much new, both the Republic and CIS have more than enough fighters and cap ships to flesh out two more factions for X-wing and Armada, and I'd prefer that to continuing to scrap the bottom of the EU barrel.
>>
File: 2013-09-04-beartato-candy.png (55KB, 800x1033px) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-04-beartato-candy.png
55KB, 800x1033px
>>53747685
>>53747627
It's a business decision. Prequel toys and iconography doesn't sell like OT shit does.

I'm not talking about FFG, but Disney, for whom FFG is as much a marketing device as a profit engine. Didn't you notice that when TFA came out, ALL of the toys and advertising and tie-in content was OT? Vader and Yoda were everywhere, nothing from the new movies anywhere to be seen. Even the Battlefront reboot was all OT.

Slowly Disney is switching over to pushing ST stuff. But there's not the money to be made by pushing PT era - after all, there's not an ongoing billion-dollar PT era film trilogy to push it all.
>>
>>53747627
>we still don't have prequel factions in either X-wing
let's keep it that way
>>
>>53747943
Why? Can you actually explain why you think it would be a bad idea?
>>
>>53747990
More factions doesn't lend itself to better gameplay, it muddies the meta and makes the game harder to get into and follow. Look at Warhammer 40k. They have rules writers commentating games on their Twitch and even those fuckers can get the various faction specific stuff straight. If x-wing wants to stay in the semi-competitive sphere it's better to limit the faction choices.
In terms of game design in general, less is more, narrow in on what your system does and do it, over expanding could kill the game, and I'm sure we'd get wave after wave of PT stuff that only appeals to a niche audience while those factions play catch up and the core playerbase dies out.

If anything, new factions should be saved as a last resort against the games' eventual death throes.
>>
>>53748076
Further, we should wait and see how FFG handles the (5?) factions in Runewars to see if they can actually maintain that balancing act before they start fucking with X-Wing.
>>
>>53748076
So, you'd rather continue to muddy the water with ever increasing power creep within the existing factions? In terms of recognizable ships the three main factions are pretty mined out. They're going to be wholly dependent on the new material, which itself is pretty hit or miss. Also, if anything having more factions dilutes the ability for power creep, since you can limit the ability for different things to interact. Whereas the maintaining of three mega factions is part of why we're in the mess we're in.

Both the Republic and CIS would allow for different types of gameplay and would be quite different than anything we've had before. I can think of a number of mechanics that could make droid fighters interesting. The Republic could end up being a mash of Imperial and Rebel design philosophy with Jedi mixed in.

In terms of the game, those ideas interest me way more than what we're getting with Wave XI. Their seeming insistence on constantly coming out with new ships is biting them in the ass I think. And I think that's a point of contention. At this point I don't much care for the Star Wars shell the game has, so I look at this whole other thing that exists within the franchise and doesn't get used to make the game better, because reasons.
>>
>>53736129
It's still missing the ultimate one. [spoilers]A.K.A. the one that wins.[/spoilers]
>>
>>53748313
Especially because the games we're playing are about wars in the Star Wars setting, and FFG continuing to ignore the biggest war in the setting is strange. Also, the overwhelmingly positive response to BFII the second getting all three eras, and showcasing the Clone Wars in their first real gameplay trailer, shows I think there isn't nearly as much distaste as people think.
>>
>>53746802
Empire has the double whammy of losing their best toy when the other factions didn't. Palp and aces are still good, but they have some awful hard counters (adv slam bombs in particular) and scum/rebels just having more reliable/powerful options. Why play palp aces when I can play old man fenn?
>>
>>53748313
>In terms of recognizable ships the three main factions are pretty mined out
This isn't difficult for FFG to fix. The question is when will they do it. (just look at the new Scum set to see FFG making fixes to older ships)
All it took was a droid and a title to bring the Y-wing back into the meta.
The idea that the game is ever going to be wholly dependent on new ships is ignorant of how upgrades change the game.

>Both the Republic and CIS would allow for different types of gameplay and would be quite different than anything we've had before. I can think of a number of mechanics that could make droid fighters interesting. The Republic could end up being a mash of Imperial and Rebel design philosophy with Jedi mixed in.
This whole chunk of text is pretty vague and difficult to respond to without some further explanation, but is sounds like you're asking for variations on a theme that already exist in a current faction.

>those ideas interest me way more than what we're getting with Wave XI
This is a you problem. Plain and simple, wave XI is neat. I wish it helped the Imperials more than it is, but they're getting their turret carrier, and the other ships synergize really well into their factions' play styles.

I can't see introducing new factions doing anything to introduce gameplay that doesn't exist or isn't in the works for the existing factions.
>>
>>53748418
>the biggest war in the setting
The Vong?
>>
>>53748336
holy shit, why did Zahn never mention that Mara had a divine ass
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.