[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things in a rulebook that make the game an instant drop for you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 556
Thread images: 44

File: Don't involve me.jpg (154KB, 621x590px) Image search: [Google]
Don't involve me.jpg
154KB, 621x590px
>"The game only uses six-sided dice, the easiest dice to find!"

>"We use non-binary success to make those failure rolls less BORING!"

>"This system can be used for ANY setting! We promise!"

>"As a rule, your setting must be inclusive to everything. Don't let a little thing like narrative integrity get in the way of your autistic friend bringing their trans-pony-kin not!Werewolf genderqueer character into your Game of Thrones setting!"
>>
>>53651751

This is gay and you're gay. Instead of being gay, why don't you tell us what are things in a rulebook that make you instantly excited for a game?
>>
>>53651751

Okay, I'll take the hook on the first one; the rest I don't care on.

Aren't they the most easiest dice to find, if somebody was getting into RPGs for the first time, and you just meandered into a grocery store or arts and crafts store and asked for dice?
>>
> it's called ___ & ___
> furries at the cover
>>
>a 20 sided die
>>
>>53651812
Fantasy & Ferrets?
>>
>>53651751
>3d6 is somehow bad
>non binary success is somehow bad
>generic system is somehow bad
>last one I agree with
>>
>>53651751
We get it, you like D&D and are terrified of moving out of your comfort zone. You didn't need to make an entire thread for it.
>>
>>53651751
>"As a rule, your setting must be inclusive to everything. Don't let a little thing like narrative integrity get in the way of your autistic friend bringing their trans-pony-kin not!Werewolf genderqueer character into your Game of Thrones setting!"
Remember when it was just the people who thought this way who got triggered?
>>
>>53651751

>"The game only uses six-sided dice, the easiest dice to find!"

People don't typically have enough unless they raid their Yahtzee dice anyway. With the internet we can do about four clicks and have a bag of various dice on its way to our door within a day or two.

I've played a binary system and it's opposite. Here's what happens:

"I rolled a 22." "The rocks are too slippery, one by one your fingers slip from their hold and you plummet to the ground below! When your hip makes contact with the ground, you feel a sharp pain spring up your spine like you've never felt before. Take... 18 lethal damage."

"I rolled one failure, and two threat." "The rocks are too slippery! As you grasp at any nearby ledges to prevent your fall, you manage to cut your hand on one of the sharper handholds and the sudden shock of pain causes your balance to shift! You plummet to the ground below, and now you feel it will be even harder to climb back up!"

My players don't see a difference.

>"This system can be used for ANY setting! We promise!"

"This means the DM has even more work to do than usual!"

Never seen this shit, but I have seen people legitimately try and bring in the stupidest shit they could possibly have come up with on the shitter and actually get offended when the GM says no. "What do you mean I can't play a time-traveling detective from the 1910s in your space opera?"
>>
>>53651785
>Aren't they the most easiest dice to find
While it's technically true, with how many gameshops exist + the internet, it's not hard at all to find ANY type of dice. Hell, assuming you're not even a filthy pirate, you're likely reading the book inside of a store that will SELL you these funky dice for cheap. In fact, local bookstores in my area are now selling polyhedral dice even though they aren't game/specialty stores.

Declaring you only use d6 because the dice are easy to find is a great way to broadcast that your game is intended for people who can't even be bothered to step inside of a book store on their own and would need to scalp their yahtzee supplies to get a game going.
>>
>>53651751

Why is this a bad thing?
>>
File: disgust son.jpg (51KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
disgust son.jpg
51KB, 415x392px
>abstract wealth
>>
>>53652052

Yes please. Fuck granular wealth systems, they're always overcomplex and provide no benefit over a well designed abstract wealth system.
>>
File: Anon's First Crush.png (121KB, 505x778px) Image search: [Google]
Anon's First Crush.png
121KB, 505x778px
>Fail-forward, don't let the players run into any ACTUAL hardships that might burst their safe space

>Forced roleplay mechanics

>System spends more than one paragraph making snide, backhanded remarks towards the way other RPGs do something

>Uses a word for the Referee of the game other than DM, GM, Referee, or Keeper
>>
>>53652165

>I don't understand what fail forward means
>>
>>53652204
>Uh oh, you rolled really poorly with this life-threatening psycho holding a knife against your throat with 2 HP left who has stated he wants nothing more than to kill you!
>. . .he instead knocks you out and locks you up! "I'll deal with you later!"
>Whoops, looks like he accidentally left the key inside the lock. What do you want to do?

I understand fail-forward perfectly fine.
>>
>>53652276

Your example proves that you don't.
>>
>>53652293
You're just proving his point. If you could give a good example you would have instead of just going "no, you're wrong!"
>>
>>53652406

Failing forward relies on the idea that success or failure should both drive the story forward. If failure is always a dead stop, it makes consist storytelling impossible, although there are also cases when nothing else makes sense, such as the stupid example he used earlier.

Without the extra bullshit that makes nothing but a lethal ending appropriate, though, it is a vaguely accurate example of failing forward. Being captured rather than killed after losing a fight.

The big stupid though is that failing forward is all about creating extra challenges and complications. It's not like fake QTE's in games, where the same thing happens either way, but that a sub-optimal outcome should still lead somewhere, to keep the game flowing and events moving, but that it should be more difficult, less ideal or otherwise a greater problem.

An example from a game I ran had the PC's chasing someone they needed to get information from. They got unlucky and failed the chase, instead ending up lost in a bad area of the city and being ambushed by thieves. It was a hard fight that got more than a few of the PC's injured and cost them some resources to survive, but from the surviving enemies they got a clue about where they could find the person they'd been chasing.

A failure is still a failure, and they suffered for it, but it doesn't put a roadblock in the way of progress.
>>
File: dont mess with me lady.png (418KB, 673x418px) Image search: [Google]
dont mess with me lady.png
418KB, 673x418px
>what do you mean my demon cannot be a saint!
>there is no redemption system at all?
>>
>>53651957
It was never only those people
>>
>>53652406
As I understand it...

It is a Chase Scene, you fail whatever you're using to catch the villain. Instead of just "Haha the Batmobile lost its wheel and the Joker got away" it is "During the chase Batman managed to grab the Joker's coat and it ripped, but it spilled the contents of his pocket which included a vital clue that Batman can use to find the Joker later."

Now the PC (Batman) has a chance to move the story forward, but still failed in his objective (Catching the Joker).
>>
>>53652406

Zweihander uses fail-forward skill checks when the players are not actually in any danger, but the characters have reason to think they are.

For example when sneaking toward a bandit camp, the GM knows there are no patrols in the area, but the players don't. If the characters fail a fail-forward sneak check and snap a twig, it doesn't actually alert anyone, but the fear that it might stresses the characters out - and accumulated stress is really bad in that game.
>>
>>53651896
>GURPSfag detected

It's okay, I like GURPS too.
>>
>>53652530
>>53652570
Ok, that makes a little more sense. But at a certain point you just have to have a dead stop failure. Otherwise you rapidly get to the point where you're defying coincidence just to keep the players from losing, and nothing they really do matters.

Also, I prefer to put in redundancies, so if they do manage to completely fuck up one avenue, they have two or three others to pursue. E.g., if they fail to catch the enemy, they have to find another source of that information, or follow up on a different lead entirely. But individual trails can still completely dead end if they fail.
>>
>>53652639

Yeah, dead stop failures do exist, but the point is to make them the exception rather than the rule. Those pivotal moments when it's victory or death matter all the more if they're scarce.
>>
>>53652204
>I don't understand what fail forward means

I do. It's a meme created by Koebel and LaTorra when they ripped off Dungeon World and pretended they knew shit about narrative gaming. For fuck's sake, these faggots wrote an entire blog post about how a boring dragon can be made really scary if the DM describes it well and puts in his own fiat bullshit. Seriously. They spent about 1000 words explaining the obvious.
>>
>>53652530
The problem with Fail-forward philosophy is that there is never a clear example of when failing forward should stop. The example I used was cartoonish, sure, but it the point was made that using fail-forward and adhering to it will cause a break in the narrative and relieve tension in the story. It makes the players think "I don't have to worry about failure, because I will accomplish my goals regardless."

A more realistic example is if the players get caught on all sides by a pack of powerful, hungry animals and proceed to lose the fight spectacularly. There is no logical way that these animals can give up killing the players and eating them, so this would result in failure. But fail-forward philosophy being applied cheapens the situation in an unsatisfying way.

>Oh, the animals just leave now. They're done with you
or even worse, deus ex machina.
>Oh look! Someone more powerful than you was in the area and scared them off!

>"B-b-b-but failure means they could lose something important to them"
All that does is encourages players to make characters with no emotional connection to anyone to counter a DM making cheap drama.

Also the concept you seem to be talking about there is "breadcrumbs" which is used in adventure.mystery games, not actual fail-forward philosophy.
>>
>>53652661

The fundamental flaw is that you assume you always have to apply it. It's a useful principle, but if there's no basis for it then of course you don't apply it. If there are people who argue you should, then they're fucking stupid.
>>
>>53652661
I mean, in a proper game, your characters would have to fuck up spectacularly to get into that kind of situation.
>>
>>53651751
Reissues that update everything for the modern era and current political climate.
>>
>>53652661

>All that does is encourages players to make characters with no emotional connection to anyone to counter a DM making cheap drama.

Get better players. Struggling through adversity and dealing with that kind of thing can create some of the most fun moments of roleplaying, and I say that as someone who has experienced it from both sides of the screen.
>>
>>53652087
>no benefit

In what possible way is actually controlling what you buy and knowing how much you have instead of an absurd immersion ruining abstraction bad?

Abstract wealth is pointless in anything other than a game like Rogue Trader where the player is throwing around planetary levels of wealth.
>>
>>53652649
This, to continue my Batman example...

The Dead Stop Failure would be climactic battle on the Joker's Zeppelin filled with his Patented Laughing Gas. If Batman fails to defeat the Joker, the Joker will spread his poison over the city and countless lives will be lost. How much of an advantage the Joker has in the battle will depend on how often Batman had to fail forward. If the Batman bumbles through he'll only see the Zeppelin as it launches and has no time to prepare, putting him at a severe disadvantage. If Batman aces things, he's got the Batwing and missiles the balloon before it leaves the dock and confronts the Joker in its burning wreckage with little danger to the innocent citizens of Gotham City. But in both cases he still must face personal peril in bringing in the Clown Prince of Crime.

If anything having some Fail-Forwards ups the stakes and makes the climax all the more exciting.
>>
>>53652802

Abstract wealth can give you the exact same amount of control and understanding of your buying power, if not more so, without having to deal with granular bookkeeping bullshit. Granular wealth is a mechanic that should die forever.
>>
>>53652087
Abstractions are supposed to make things simpler. Concrete wealth only requires kindergarten-level math and is totally intuitive. Abstract wealth always requires looking up a bunch of tables and always has issues where buying and selling things in different orders can leave you with different amounts of money at the end.
>>
>>53652835

Sounds like you've just been using some shitty abstract wealth systems.
>>
>>53651751
>d20
>classes
>spells per day
>levels
>HP per level
>x% chance for your firearm to explode and hurt you lulz
>abstract HP
>alignments
>critical anything
>anal circumference charts
>armor class
>weapon damage as die type
>genders not having a mechanical impact
>high/heroic fantasy
>"hard" science fantasy
>effect does X to Y unless Y is being held/worn by someone.
>>
>>53652661
I think that the mistake you're making is that there's no risk of player death in "fail forward" game philosophy, when all it means in effect is that the game doesn't come to a stop until someone passes a skill check.

The traditional example of failing forward is a thief trying to unlock a door in a dungeon. All "failing forward" means is that instead of a failed check meaning the game stops until someone else finds a way to open the door, the process of opening the door alerts nearby threats that attack the group. That's far from a "safe space" bubble, as you characterize it: the most common way to "fail forward" is to fail forward directly into a threat.
>>
>>53652850

You had me up until then. Good effort.
>>
>>53651751
My favorite system is Runequest actually. Really the thing that this system has done is spoiled me on having hit locations.

I hate that most RPG's you're just a bag of hitpoints. In Runequest you get arms damaged and can't use weapons or get limbs/heads chopped off.
>>
>>53652822
Yes, but it makes rewards/roleplaying kind of bullshit.

"The Governor offers you a rich reward for your resources. It's a +2 bonus to your next wealth roll."
"Which means what exactly?"

It's counter-intuitive and breaks immersion. I've never seen a system that does it well. I'm not saying it can't be done well, but I've never seen it done.
>>
>>53652850
Sneaky, almost got me
>>
>>53651896

Came here to say this.
>>
File: imitates crying sarcastically.png (197KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
imitates crying sarcastically.png
197KB, 500x281px
>>53651751
>three stupid and wrong opinions, plus one that never actually happened and you just made up

Wew lad.
>>
>>53651751

>"rules light system"
>uses like 6 kinds of proprietary dice where most of them are for very similar things
>>
>>53651751
You're not very bright.
>>
>>53652661
Yeah, I mean, there's no clear example because they usually figure you'll know when it's time to stop by yourself.
That's the thing with rules, you know, most don't state exceptions outright, it's up to the people to understand when the benefits from breaking them or drawbacks from following them outweigh the opposite.
>>
>>53652894

Fair, that kind of mechanic can be easy to fuck up and do badly. Still, with your example they could just provide some solid descriptions of various levels of wealth and what the bonuses could represent, to ensure it was easy to understand.

The immersion thing is a bit weird to me, but peoples immersion seems very variable. I'm never bothered by having to deal with game mechanics, but suddenly having to start beancounting to account for my travel rations and arrows is the absolute worst thing if I'm trying to get into the fantasy of a big damn hero.
>>
>>53652881
>>53652895
Thread hijack lol.
>>
File: Poke poke.gif (210KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Poke poke.gif
210KB, 400x225px
>>53652685
>The fundamental flaw is that you assume you always have to apply it
My main complaint was someone presenting it as a hard-coded rule in their rules to begin with.

>>53652690
Is this not normal?

>>53652713
>Get better players.
If I could do that, do you think I would even come here?

>>53652858
>that there's no risk of player death in "fail forward" game philosophy
That's what fail-forward philosophy is, isn't it? Instead of them failing and losing their character, the story should continue and the failure should be anything other than death. I have seen games encourage this part of the philosophy, and I have even seen other games that outright remove death as a mechanic to propagate this, let alone the systems and blogs that encourage this philosophy who berate "Killer DMs" for harming their precious players.

>All "failing forward" means is that instead of a failed check meaning the game stops until someone else finds a way to open the door
I also have a problem with this as well. This IS the traditional go to example of fail-forward, but ultimately it's heavily flawed. If there's no penalty, then there should be no roll and the thief should unlock the door automatically if it's within their skill reach.

>the most common way to "fail forward" is to fail forward directly into a threat.
And then when you fail that threat, the philosophy encourages you to make the fall into another threat, and another threat, but never ACTUALLY follow through with it.
>>
>>53652987
kill yourself porkeye
>>
>>53651992
5e, at least I think it's 5e, has a line in it akin to "characters can be whatever [out of place sexual persuasion/expression] you want and everyone has to deal with it". That's not what it said at all, but the line had this weird double meaning that you can do what you want with your group which doesn't need to be fucking stated, while also implying that there will be no repercussions and that conventional mores even apply in a fantasy setting. The line was out of place, pandering, and a little insensitive on top of being fucking ignorant.
>>
>>53652968
>beancounting to account for my travel rations and arrows

The GM I've played the most with eschewed this completely, and adjusted the amount of gold the party got down by the appropriate amount. Worked out fine for the games we were playing, but there are some kinds (hardcore dungeon crawls, explorationg games) where you might want to do said beancounting or come up with another reasonable mechanic to enforce the sense of limited resources.
>>
>>53651751
The type of dice used doesn't matter. The only exception is if the game uses dice specifically designed for it, because that's just pants-on-head retarded.
Non-binary successes are a safeguard against shit GMs/players more than anything, to enforce some variety in results other than "you do it" and "you fuck up forever".
Nothing wrong with universal systems either, really - although the rules for those tend to either be dull as shit or obnoxiously complex.
As for inclusiveness, pandering exists everywhere. I'm sure the developers realize that if people want to player their special snowflakes and the group is partial to it, they'll do it in literally anything, from D&D to Shadowrun, and they don't need to be told it's possible. But they want the bennies from appealing to a certain audience, which is currently more widespread than the sort of audience that hates it.
>>
>>53652938
>Trusting people to know when to break the rules reliably and safely
Do you even belong here?
>>
>>53652987

Your main problem seems to be with extremists and idiots, not with the principle itself.

Failing forward is a tool that can be useful for keeping the flow of the game going. It's not something to use without thought or to always apply it no matter what.

I run narrative focused games where PC death is very rare, but I never say it's impossible. Even if I avoid it most of the time and focus on alternate consequences, there's always the chance a time will come when nothing else makes sense or is more appropriate to happen, and I'm lucky enough to have players who'll often agree with me and accept it, even enjoy playing out a heroic sacrifice or a tragic death.
>>
>>53652052
Every system I design has abstract wealth, fight me. Anything you do in the game should serve the narrative, which can include resource management, but granular money management is inane and boring.
>>
>>53653019

I suppose I should be specific. This is my key problem with granular wealth systems. When I might have tens or hundreds of thousands but there's still all kinds of little, pointless things that cost a couple of coppers and managing it is just aggravating and pointless.
>>
>>53652661
>The problem with Fail-forward philosophy is that there is never a clear example of when failing forward should stop. The example I used was cartoonish, sure, but it the point was made that using fail-forward and adhering to it will cause a break in the narrative and relieve tension in the story. It makes the players think "I don't have to worry about failure, because I will accomplish my goals regardless."
THAT'S NOT HOW FAILING FORWARD WORKS.

FAILING FORWARD JUST MEANS THE ACTION CONTINUES RATHER THAN STOPPING

DEATH IS STILL ON THE CARDS AS THE END TO THE ADVENTURE

FAIL FORWARD JUST MEANS IF YOU ROLL THE DICE, SOMETHING HAPPENS IF YOU FAIL

An example:

You're hanging by your fingertips by the cliff edge. What do you do
>uhh call for help - rolling for, I don't know, luck.
Hmm, bad roll. Your calling gets a giant spider crawling towards you. It's going to bite your fingers.
>shit shit shit I stab it with my knife. Roll.. aw, shit, another low roll
The spider dodges back, and bites your other hand. You start falling. Any last actions?
>I try to grab something as I fall, a cliffside edge, roots, anything!
Sorry, dice really want you dead. You fail to grab something, and you die splattered at the bottom of the cavern.

See, at NO POINT did rolling keep the situation the same. Calling didn't get no-one coming over, trying to stab the spider but failing didn't mean the guy's still hanging on the ledge, failing to grab something didn't mean the guy's still falling.

SOMETHING HAPPENS EACH TIME, INSTEAD OF NOTHING WHEN YOU ROLL THE DICE.

THAT IS ALL IT MEANS SERIOUSLY
>>
>>53652968
>>I'm never bothered by having to deal with game mechanics, but suddenly having to start beancounting to account for my travel rations and arrows is the absolute worst thing if I'm trying to get into the fantasy of a big damn hero.

Mechanically that's true, I've rarely seen that in practice.

Minor costs such as arrows, stays at inns, rations, etc. are generally hand-waved and ignored in all but the most hardcore of campaigns. It's just assumed you refill when you get back to town and the costs ignored. Money is used for important items (weapons, important consumables like potions, armor, luxuries, bribes, transportation, etc).

I've had players micromanage those things in a few campaigns but that was because the focus was survival and it was actually hard to find those things.
>>
File: autistic screeching.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
autistic screeching.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>53653080
Actually you're wrong
>>
>>53651771
>Good Editing
>Clear divisions of Fluff and Crunch sections

Why do you suck so bad at this, Shadowrun. I just want some magical cyberpunk.
>>
>>53653049
>Your main problem seems to be with extremists and idiots, not with the principle itself.
My main problem is actually with games that present it as a hard-coded rule, meaning that the system is designed to force you to take this route and engenders this type of playstyle in an extremist manner. Which is what the thread is about.

I also have problems with any philosophy that tries to put a padded glove on a game, which is ALREADY a safe space for a player to encounter various failures and learn from them. I have no qualms about not making every failure punishable by death, but rather I use it as the situation calls for it.

>I run narrative focused games where PC death is very rare, but I never say it's impossible.
Yes, and I bet you're the type of DM who says "I don't kill PCs unless they do something REALLY stupid", right? Sorry, as a player, I hate that type of nonsense. But you do you.

>>53653080
You're so hilariously wrong it's not even worth responding to.
>>
>>53653113

Eurgh. I wish more books did it. One of my favourite games, Legends of the Wulin, is a posterchild for the opposite, and it's a crying fucking shame. A great game crippled by awful editing and layout.
>>
>>53653101
I've provided a concrete example of how failing forwards doesn't mean characters can't die. How about YOU show ME how failing forwards means characters are fucking invincible always succeeding in their goals?
>>
>>53653121

Can you name a game which has it as a hardcoded rule? Because I've never heard of them.

>You're so hilariously wrong it's not even worth responding to.

No, I'm pretty sure what he's talking about is the common definition of 'failing forward'. What you're talking about is something weird and extreme and dumb.
>>
I like d6 only games because they're the dice most commonly sold in bigass bricks.
>>
>>53653138
How about you stop having a tism spasm and maybe human beings will actually want to talk to you.
>>
>>53653121

>Yes, and I bet you're the type of DM who says "I don't kill PCs unless they do something REALLY stupid", right? Sorry, as a player, I hate that type of nonsense. But you do you.

...No? But I already clarified this in the post you replied to, so I'm not sure why you said this. Did you just not read the rest of the paragraph?
>>
>>53653148
It gets me irrational when people think dungeon world isn't an excuse to murder player characters for fucking up bad. Instead of failing meaning the players get to try again, failure now means you got more problems, and those problems build until usually two or three characters are dead and the others can barely recover let alone carry on.
>>
>>53652987
It's not about being entitled to PC survival. It's about the fact that the entire story grinding to a halt because the characters failed to spot a secret door is deeply unsatisfying and requires patchwork solution. If, like you, the GM has backup solutions and the players know they exist, there's no problem. The rule exists to prevent bad story construction resulting in a 'welp you lose because you rolled bad'.
Some people misunderstand it to mean nobody dies ever. Sure, it COULD lead to that if someone was fucking stupid - but as designed, its most extreme variety is only delaying the victory or death to suitably dramatic moment, like facing a proper villain rather than a random bandit group.
It's basically putting the story above the game part. Which is purely up to taste.

And there IS a penalty, on that note. Always. It's just the penalty isn't game-ending. It doesn't have to be in order to be a penalty, you know? If someone fails to open the door, they could instead do it so loudly it draws some guards, turning the whole thing into a clusterfuck. It's a penalty, it's not 'you lose, defeated by the mighty door'. See the difference?

And the last point boils down to you not understanding that rules aren't meant to be followed forever, again.
>>
>>53653157
I read it, but it didn't really disagree with my synopsis of the type of DM you are. Death is to be avoided at all costs unless the players are specifically asking for it, am I wrong?
>>
>>53653080
You're right, but most DMs turn failing forward into "I'm scared of the PCs dying because then they won't get to see the ending to my oh-so-original donut steel adventure" and start wanking them off.

Hell, I've been guilty of it too. But that doesn't excuse it. The main issue is failing to distinguish the "forward" meaning moving the story forward (correct) as opposed to moving the characters forward (wrong).
>>
>>53653188
>dungeon world
Oh dear, you're retarded
>>
>>53653188
So "failing forward" just means "shit on the player characters when they fail a basic check until they all end up dead and/or turtling because they can't do anything."

Nice meme. Thanks for reminding me why Apocalypse World mechanics should have stayed in Apocalypse World, where they actually worked. Not in fucking heroic fantasy where you start out with as many hit points as an elder dragon.
>>
>>53652987
>I also have a problem with this as well. This IS the traditional go to example of fail-forward, but ultimately it's heavily flawed. If there's no penalty, then there should be no roll and the thief should unlock the door automatically if it's within their skill reach.

Typically, this IS supposed to be what failing forward is coupled with. The original rules for Apocalypse World, for example, stress that players do not roll if there isn't a meaningful consequence to failure. If the only narrative risk to unlocking a door is that the door takes a very long time to open, then most systems that employ a "fail forward" philosophy will also say to just let the door open.

>And then when you fail that threat, the philosophy encourages you to make the fall into another threat, and another threat, but never ACTUALLY follow through with it.
I think this is where your misunderstanding with failing forward is causing issue. The only thing that failing forward is intended to be a stopgap against is nothing happening as a result of a skill check. Nowhere has a writing on failing forward - at least as far as I am aware - suggested that the consequence of failing to safely navigate a narrow ledge isn't still falling down a pit, or that the consequence of failing a roll in combat isn't still getting stabbed, and both of these are things that are fully expected to deal the appropriate damage and potentially kill a player.

The only thing that failing forward means is that a player who fails a roll to gather information gets bad information instead of no information, or that a player who fails a roll to negotiate with NPCs is betrayed or led into a bad situation instead of stonewalled. I think it might be the "forward" that's throwing things off. It's not about providing a safety net for players, because things that are expected to kill player characters are still supposed to be able to kill them. It's just a matter of keeping things moving towards those threats faster.
>>
>>53653193
Side note: in dungeon world, there's three types of result for a roll:

Success
Success with a price (fail forwards)
Failure (also fail forwards)

If you do well enough to succeed, good job, you're done.

If you don't get it done good enough you can switch one problem for another (run out of ammo, monsters turning up, the eye of sauron is upon you, whatever).

If you fail, something else happens but it's still moving the story forwards towards your inevitable demise.

The success with a price is where you get to choose if you want to die to get something done, as the ultimate price.

Failure is just where you may just flat out die.
>>
>It uses a 20 sided dice for its main resolution system
>Its rules are just holdovers from the 70's kept to preserve the system's identity
>It promotes obsession over "builds" and general gamey bullshit
These three things always bugged me.
>>
>>53653244
>shit on the player characters when they fail a basic check until they all end up dead and/or turtling because they can't do anything
You only make the players roll when they do something that matters, idiot. That's basic GMing.

It just so happens players will do a lot of stupid things that matter in keeping their dumb asses alive.
>>
>>53653196

Yes, you're wrong.

Whenever a fight happens in my games, it will always be for a specific reason- I don't do 'random encounters'. There will be a reason why people are fighting, something to lose and something to gain. Most often, the goals of their opponents won't include the explicit death of PC's, so they won't be on the table outside of unusual circumstances. However, if things come to a head and someone is out for blood, if that PC goes down that PC is very probably dead.

It's not about players being stupid, it's about what makes sense in context.
>>
>>53653244
I find that Apocalypse World's engine also works really well in The Sprawl, since it sticks to the harm clocks instead of DW's bloat HP and the level of character-driven grit that AW encourages also ends up being a good fit for Cyberpunk.

There's a lot that DW does wrong, and I feel the biggest issue is that AW's mechanics just aren't meant for heroic fantasy.
>>
>>53653193
>It's about the fact that the entire story grinding to a halt because the characters failed to

>>53653254
>The only thing that failing forward is intended to be a stopgap against is nothing happening as a result of a skill check.

That's not really fail-forward philosophy though. Fail-forward means that an abject failure is turned into a chance of success or a minor setback. While your example with the door could be likened to fail-forward, in reality what you're talking about is the breadcrumbs philosophy, the idea that the adventure should always be "solvable" and not have a single point-of-failure that could prevent it from being solved, something codified with the Gumshoe system.

This is a little different because it's mostly talking about fixing gaps in design on the DM's side rather than fixing problems with the skill system on the Players side, which is more or less what Fail-forward philosophy attempts to address. Which is the second problem I've always had with the door example. The problem with the door example isn't that the players choked on a single point and now the adventure sucks, it's the fact that the DM designed the adventure in such a way that the adventure failed due to bad rolls.

Something closer to the fail-forward philosophy would be the example Dungeon World gives in their handbook of the thief sneaking through the mansion (at least I think it was DW), where they failed, then alerted the guard, but the guard wasn't FULLY alert yet, as opposed to the thief failing and alerting the household entirely.
>>
>>53651751
Two of these points can be applied to GURPS and GURPS is fucking great. Especially because it uses 3d6 and not a single funky die.
>>
File: My Mistake.png (63KB, 182x232px) Image search: [Google]
My Mistake.png
63KB, 182x232px
>>53653334
Then I misjudged you completely. Carry on.
>>
>>53651751
I'm in a game that uses 1d6 as the only fucking dice, execute me please.
>>
>>53653657
simpled6 isn't bad brah
>>
>>53653196
Often times failing your goal, surviving and having to move on with the repercussions can be far more cutting than getting a blank slate free of your past fuckups.
>>
>>53653877

This is what super lethal GMs miss out on. They're not being harsh, they're always giving players an easy out.
>>
>>53653877

Those are, in fact, the campaigns that stick with you much longer. Not just losing but FAILING, and having to see the consequences thereof, really eats at players.
>>
>>53654013
>>53654048

Actually, as a player, I tend to hate this. It feels more like I got by on luck and because of a passive DM rather than my own skill, and even when I die I feel like I learn something from my character's death and improve.

But I play OSR, so what do I know?
>>
>>53654198
OSR failure can be more than a party wipe. Sometimes you have the choice to run and that can be a worse failure.
>>
>>53652858
Normally I just have multiple routes, with the locked door either being the safest or most direct way.

different approaches and all that
>>
>>53653019
>>53653088
Saying 'this sort of rule system works well if you ignore this part of it' isn't really a stellar defense. I mean yeah most groups will ignore the minor costs you're right, but those rules are still there, I'd rather just play the system that doesn't have those in the first place.
>>
>>53654288
Running away isn't failure in OSR, though. It's a means of survival. The only real failure in OSR is retirement or death.
>>
>>53652881
>>53652895
It's a matter of group preference. My groups enjoys gender having both a narrative and mechanical impact. We feel that it gives your choice of character gender a greater meaning than just "lul penis/tits."

It does help that we don't use humans as a playable race. It deters people from sperging out about feminists/misogyny and such.

The only complaint I've gotten is that I didn't give a transgender character the full mechanical benefits of both sexes.
>>
File: 1474688837584.jpg (61KB, 521x559px) Image search: [Google]
1474688837584.jpg
61KB, 521x559px
>>53655574
>The only complaint I've gotten is that I didn't give a transgender character the full mechanical benefits of both sexes.

I sincerely hope this was only a moment of idiocy on your player's part, because even objectively that doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>53651812
Snouts & Slaves
>>
>>53653018
The line was in the section about character sex, right above the section about character weight.

It says:

>You can play a male or female character without gaining any special benefits or hindrances. Think about how your character does or does not conform to the broader culture’s expectations of sex, gender, and sexual behavior. For example, a male drow cleric defies the traditional gender divisions of drow society, which could be a reason for your character to leave that society and come to the surface.

>You don’t need to be confined to binary notions of sex and gender. The elf god Corellon Larethian is often seen as androgynous or hermaphroditic, for example, and some elves in the multiverse are made in Corellon’s image. You could also play a female character w ho presents herself as a man, a man w ho feels trapped in a female body, or a bearded female dwarf who hates being mistaken for a male. Likewise, your character’s sexual orientation is for you to decide.

If that triggers you then you have lead an extremely sheltered life. Fantasy, literature, and actual history is full of examples of people who defy gender norms or even blur the lines. Loki & Odin, Eowyn, Vivec, Joan of Arc, Mulan.
>>
>>53651751
Printer errors.
>>
>>53655749
>History is FULL of examples!
>Mentions the 10 or so edge cases out of the entire thousands of years of human history
>Hundreds of thousands of examples of regular gender norms

>If that triggers you then you have lead an extremely sheltered life.
Yyyyyeah, we're the sheltered people...
>>
>>53655749

It astonishes me how bent out of shape some people get over something that seems like common sense.
>>
>>53655749
>Cross-dressing is in the same category as believing you are trapped in the wrong body.
wew lad
>>
>>53655837

Your ignorance is showing
>>
>>53655885
Do tell.
>>
>>53652087
>economics is hard, just gibsmedat
>>
>>53651785
>if somebody was getting into RPGs for the first time
This is true.

However, I'm *not* running an RPG for the first time, and even before I started playing I had no trouble grasping the concept of dies other than d6, and getting the dies are basic fucking prep-work for trying something new.

If you're a total scrub, trying out your first RPG, that's fine, and it's even fine if it does use d6, but there are dedicated starter-RPGs. But I'm not, so I'd drop that shit right without a second thought.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (96KB, 619x640px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
96KB, 619x640px
>>53655837
You want more examples? How about a few from Dark Souls?

Gwyndolin, Ciaran, Pinwheel, Lucatiel, Nashandra
>>
>>53651992
>Never seen this shit
It's way too fucking common, especially in more modern RPG:s. Part of the issue here is that since that is in some RPG:s, it's used as an excuse to play exactly the kind of bullshit you pointed out that retards do, and when they actually get offended, part of the whole thing becomes that the book basically tells the GM to accept this shit, so when he doesn't, it goes beyond offended, you're basically breaking RAW by saying no.

It's fucking cancer.
>>
>>53656077
Not mythology or history, and were creations of a modern society which fetishizes these edge cases.

Well, either way, that was your one shot to prove you weren't stupid or bait. I won't be giving you (you)s anymore.
>>
>>53655749
Holy shit that's some obnoxious shit right there. That's maximum overcringe.
>>
>>53655837
>a game that is about being SUPER SPECIAL people
>but you aren't allowed to not be CIS

D&D isn't your safe space, snowflake
>>
>>53652846
>Sounds like you've just been using some shitty abstract wealth systems.

I've never seen an abstract wealth system in an RPG that wasn't shitty, thought.
>>
>>53655749
>Loki & Odin
Get your SJW bullshit out of my cultural heritage, you plebian whore. Also, kill yourself.
>>
>>53656077
Now name the ones that don't defy the norms
>>
File: ardhanarishwara-QA73_l[1].jpg (113KB, 557x750px) Image search: [Google]
ardhanarishwara-QA73_l[1].jpg
113KB, 557x750px
>>53656077
Here's a few more from mythology:

Hermaphroditus (Greek)
Agdistis (Greek)
Phanes (Greek)
Hapi (Egyptian)
Ardhanarishvara (Indian)
Lan Caihe (Chinese)
Ymir (Norse)
Ometeotl (Aztec)
Ahsonnutli (Navaho)
>>
>>53656260

It's 'sjw bullshit' to accurately state that there is plenty of mythological and cultural precedent for characters who don't adhere to the gender binary and cultural norms relating to it?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 434x434px
>>53651751
While it's not an instant drop a lot of systems with certain spells being tied to morality bug me. I don't mind if good and evil get different but in say Pathfinder (Yeah I know) there is a really good spell called Infernal Healing were you smear devil blood on to a wounded creature to give them temporary regeneration. But using this spell is considered an Evil act, but using shit like burning hands, acid splash, or what is effectively an arcane roofie is fine for fucks sake YOUR BURNING PEOPLE WITH FANTASY NAPALM AND MINDRAPING THEM. But binding an Imp as your librarian or having a zombie butler are crimes against all that is good in the world.
>>
>>53656260
From Lokasenna, Odin and Loki take turns goading each other:

>ODIN: If I have allowed, as allow I should not, Faint-hearted fighters to win, You lived under the earth for eight winters, And bore babies there, Were milked like a milch-cow And played a woman's part.

>LOKI: Charms on Samsey, they say you worked, Wicked spells like a witch, Flew about in the form of a wizard And played a woman's part.
>>
>>53656313
Considering it's a demonstrably false statement? Yes, actually.
>>
>>53656403

...But it isn't? They've given you a large number of clear examples.

That there aren't more of them isn't a refutation, because at no point has it been argued they're not a minority, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist as options within fantasy games if people are interested in exploring that kind of storytelling.
>>
>>53656403
But it's not. Odin and Loki were both known for taking a woman's form on the regular.
>>
>>53656403
So did loki not go and turn into a QT mare to seduce some guy's horse to help win a bet?
>>
>>53655837
Native american two-spirits,
Thai Kathoey,
Albanian "sworn virgins"
The Zapoteca "Muxe"
Maori Akava'ine
Oman has the Khanith.
>>
>>53656452
>a large number
You say large, but I entirely disagree. You're talking about a handful of people at best vs. a cornucopia of entire cultures that exist on strictly defined gender norms. You must first prove that the small list you have made is "large" to begin with.

>>53656454
And? Supposing you wish to make the argument that they're not existing under gender norms (which they are, by the way. They just switch which gender they are, but largely follow the norms regardless), it still doesn't change the fact that they use this as a basis of humiliation towards one another.

>>53656464
I didn't say the examples given were false, just that it's a false dichotomy to list 15 or so religious figures, a few historical ones, and then make the claim that this is a large example of gender abnormality in history and mythology.
>>
>>53655749
>Loki
The shapeshifter that gets fucked after turning into a mare? You realize that that is actually making fun of Loki the trickster? It's quite literally a tale about Loki getting his comeuppance and being used like a woman and how he deserved it.

Had this tale been told today, SJW:s would lose their shit because of "rape culture", "transphobia" and "objectification" of women as "the other sex".

>Odin
You best be fucking joking. Odin is literally the personification of the paternal all-father, practically representing an olympian ideal of manhood as wise, strong, proud and inspiring, which is often contrasted against womanly cthonian ideals. The imperfections of Odin is representative of the nordic conception of men as imperfect beings (such as his unfortunately common status as an adulterer, a position shared with many classical paternal deities, such as Zeus).

The duality of the sexes is further reinforced by the relationship of Thor and Sif, who represent the potential ideal of mutual co-dependence in monogamy. Never is this duality broken in a positive sense, and any deviations from it is either derisive or subject of reprehension.

>Eowyn
Yeah, not really "defying gender norms" or "blur the lines" much here. The movie took a lot of liberties here, but even there, it's pretty far off, aside from "can fight".

>Vivec
You're citing the fucking Elder Scrolls?

>Mulan
At first I assumed you meant the real story, but then I realized that you're retarded and you're probably only familiar with the Disney movie, which is both sad and hilarious.
>>
>>53655749
Yes I'm triggered. My setting has its own entirely arbitrary local customs and your weird gender bullshit would be seen as bizarre and subversive because they have their own that they fight about and kill each other over.
>>
>>53656549

Why does it need to be larger? It's significant enough that a few examples were easy to provide, so why not include a mention of the storytelling potential it presents?
>>
>>53656549
>And? Supposing you wish to make the argument that they're not existing under gender norms (which they are, by the way. They just switch which gender they are, but largely follow the norms regardless), it still doesn't change the fact that they use this as a basis of humiliation towards one another.

Literally nobody claimed that gender norms don't exist you fuck. Just that they didn't exist under our gender norms, and that they transgressed even their own gender norms on the regular.

Why is the /pol/io always so fucking stupid?

>>53656556
>You best be fucking joking. Odin is literally the personification of the paternal all-father, practically representing an olympian ideal of manhood as wise, strong, proud and inspiring, which is often contrasted against womanly cthonian ideals. The imperfections of Odin is representative of the nordic conception of men as imperfect beings (such as his unfortunately common status as an adulterer, a position shared with many classical paternal deities, such as Zeus).

Odin was known to practice a strictly womanly form of magic and regularly took the form of a woman, even going to bed with men in this form; a fact Loki called him out on. I know you're all hopped up on Evola, but stop being a fuck.
>>
>>53656260
>my cultural heritage
Oh god I'm fucking dying.
>>
>>53656313
>It's 'sjw bullshit' to accurately state that there is plenty of mythological and cultural precedent for characters who don't adhere to the gender binary and cultural norms relating to it?

No, no, not at all. But making shit up is definitely SJW bullshit.

>>53656291
You're just listing shit from Wikipedia as you find it, aren't you? Because many of those are entirely debatable. Take Hermaphroditus, for example, a symbol of the marital union of the two genders.

Or Ymir; why he's on your list makes me go all kinds of fucking what. He was always described as distinctly male. There is nothing whatsoever there that fits your deluded narrative.

And fucking Agdistis? Agdistis was considered fucking *insane* because of her androgynous state of having both sexual organs, and the gods *punished* her for it
>>
>>53656628
>Why does it need to be larger?
To justify the inclusion of a line in a rulebook such as "Be whatever special snowflake gender you want to be regardless of history or circumstance!" as something other than political pandering. The rules should be neutral on this and it should be up to the DM to decide how he wants his society and setting to be made up. Whether he wants everyone to be a trans person, or if he wants to run a patriarchal society.

>It's significant enough that a few examples were easy to provide
They're easy to provide because they are the go-to examples. They stand out because they're the few differences in history.

>why not include a mention of the storytelling potential it presents?
Because their storytelling potential surmounts to a gimmicky punch line like a Gnome Barbarian. You get much more interesting stories out of women following gender norms while on adventure as opposed to a woman who must become a man first to prove anything.
>>
>>53656639
>even going to bed with men in this form
Bull
Shit

>a fact Loki called him out on
No, a "fact" Loki accused him of.
>>
So, what are we triggered about today? Is it that paragraph in the PHB that makes bigots freak out by reminding them trans folk exist?
>>
>>53656556
Actually, here are some historical and cultural examples of nonbinary behavior throughout history and culture.

Native american two-spirits,
Thai Kathoey,
Albanian "sworn virgins"
The Zapoteca "Muxe"
Maori Akava'ine
Oman has the Khanith

They exist historically and culturally, you just haven't been looking in the right place. Most history books tend to focus on western european history. And you clearly are a big fan of the school of thought of:
"I listened to a bunch of Heavy metal albums and just think of vikings as armored murdermachines rather than the democratic, philosophical tradesmen and capable women that made up the norse people."
>>
>>53652002
There's no good reason to use any dice other than d6s.
>>
>>53656639
>Literally nobody claimed that gender norms don't exist you fuck. Just that they didn't exist under our gender norms
No, the original claim was there were characters who defied gender norms therefore it's okay to include special snowflake made up shit.

Also you're retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 500x744px
>>53652561
I like having having wholly good Angels and wholly evil Fiends because people usually like to do stuff like "Fallen Angels are a thing but Risen Fiends aren't" bullshit even though it's the same logic or "AHA the Not!Catholic Church is really corrupt/oppressive and Angels are just as Evil as the Fiends" Just because SMT can pull it off doesn't mean you can.
>>
>>53656752
He didn't immediately challenge Loki, which was considered a tacit acceptance.
>>
>>53656454
>But it's not. Odin and Loki were both known for taking a woman's form on the regular.
Yes, absolutely. This in no way defies gender norms or gender dichotomy. It is only ever used to reinforce it, no exception. SocJus-tards would've been driven out in practically any classical civilization, even the most degenerate ones.
>>
>>53652802
Granular wealth is pointless in anything other than a tax simulation where the players is constantly reporting their income and deducts for travel expenses.
>>
>>53656784
>No, the original claim was there were characters who defied gender norms therefore it's okay to include special snowflake made up shit.

What exactly is a special snowflake in your universe? Because trans people aren't made up, nor are queer folks.

>Also you're retarded.

And your a piece of shit, what's your point?
>>
File: tumblr_m3h0a45OMO1qzbqw1o1_500.jpg (80KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3h0a45OMO1qzbqw1o1_500.jpg
80KB, 456x386px
>>
>>53656556
Historical examples of Nonbinary people in history and cultures across the world include, but are not limited to:

Native american two-spirits, Thai Kathoey, Albanian "sworn virgins", The Zapoteca "Muxe" of south america, Maori Akava'ine in the polynesian islands,Oman has the Khanith.

Do some historical research and you'll find them all over. You just have to actually look at the parts of history and culture that aren't wars, sword fighting and guys in big hats.
>>
So here's a question for the people who are so angry-

Why is denying the possibility to people so important to you?

The GM has the final call, as always. If you don't want it in your group, you don't have to, but why does tacitly acknowledging it upset you so much? Why is something that will not affect you in any way such a big deal?
>>
>>53656800
[citation needed]

And no, your Gender Studies textbook reinterpretation doesn't do.
>>
>>53656811
>degenerate

Go home, /pol/io. Their norms are not our norms.
>>
>>53656753
Yeah, basically. If a game even mentions you can play a trans character then reeeee sjws reeeee culture war reeeee political correctness gone mad reeeee.
>>
>>53656811
Uh, hey, how about roman Bacchanalia where gender roles being reverse was the point of an entire holiday?
>>
>>53652894
>wealth roll
Why even? It's not something that needs to be rolled for. Just use common sense. "Yeah, you can buy that but since you're poor you can only buy this many."
>>
>>53656900

Sometimes randomisation makes sense in the context of the wealth mechanics, although there are also usually guidelines for what kind of purchases are automatic for what levels of wealth.
>>
>>53656766
Larger grain of control on bonuses given with smaller sets of dice. Greater variety in outcome. Greater feel of variety between items or weapons. Better physical feel. Less chance of the game making the mistake of using dice pools. Larger numbers with smaller sets of dice. Ability to fine tune degrees of success more. Ability to use the same bell curves that d6 use with different sets of dice to control outcome even better than an all-d6 set.

There is literally never a reason to use an all-d6 game. The more dice variety, the better.
>>
>>53656827
>nor are queer folks
I agree. Queers are indeed not real people.

All jokes aside, you're fucking retarded. Snowflakes are not made up, just "unique".
>>
>>53656834
I would take your examples more seriously if I didn't feel like those examples were literally all of them. You posted that same list three times in this thread, and I was unimpressed the first time. Now I think you plundered the books and have posted ALL of them and are simply making the claim that there's many more on the belief that I won't fact check you.
>>
>>53656925
>The more dice variety, the better
Nope.
>>
>>53656887
Again, subject of derision and "opposite day" of the world going mad. Things like this is usually cited by marxists as being part of the "problem", but now it's a shield? Doesn't work like that, cupcake.

>>53656846
I don't even frequent /pol/. Go back to /r/politics.
>>
>>53656978
Beeecauuuuuse...?
>>
>>53656766
>he doesn't know about percentile dice
>>
>>53656843
Refusal of Holmgang or outlawry after an accusation of argr was considered to be proof that the accuser was correct in making the accusation; this isn't new information, it's not my fault you don't know the basic history of the people you're championing as your "heritage."

>>53656929
But they're not unique. They follow pretty clear patterns of gender identity expression. Do you think trans people choose to join a demographic that's subject to staggering levels of physical and sexual violence for attention?
>>
>>53656945
Nah that was actually more of a technical problem on my end. I didn't see the posts go through. And just because a thing is not common doesn't mean it didn't exist. It might have been more common in european cultures were it not for cultural enforcement of gender binary roles through the bible. "Women to be keepers of the home" "Obey your fathers and husbands" "Sheep, children, wives" Etc. The problems that existed with christian culture back then were the same problems that radical islam has now. I.E "Kill anything that doesn't fit the perview of our personal dogma." Hell, it's common NOW. And people who cite viking culture as this pillar of manly awesomeness are just as much of a problem because they just look at the swords and the berserkers without looking at the women controlling finance, the fact that odin did in fact practice "Woman's magic" (The art of Seidhr, the placement of seals and symbols to ensure effects like health, strength, safety, and the breaking of barriers just to name a few),
>>
>>53656997
>I don't even frequent /pol/. Go back to /r/politics.
>talks like a /pol/io
>agrees with the /pol/io politics
>shitposts like a /pol/io

Yeah, sure bud.
>>
>>53656129
A lot of PBtA books even have a space for alternative genders printed on the character sheet.
>>
>>53656997
Not really a subject of derision, more a celebration of self-indulgence. You know, bacchus' whole deal. And Marxists also stated that owning any property was theft. Not everything Karl stated was a gold nugget of wisdom, my guy.
>>
>>53657070
Neat.

I usually just write "Sex(gender)."
>>
>>53651785
Adding to
>>53652002
>>53656051
If you honestly can't afford whatever dice the game is using for whatever reason, there are plenty of phone apps that allow you to roll virtual dice instead.
>>
>>53655749
By the way, that line was inserted by an editor or writer against the wishes of the writing staff as a whole. It was completely deleted in the 2nd printing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1920x1080px
>>53656833
>>
>>53651812
>No __&___
>Duck and cover
>A setting about how long you can avoid dying from radiation sickness
Idk seems fun
>>
>Highest success chance is 95%
>>
>>53657115

Citation?
>>
>>53656834
Most of the examples so far have been bullshit, though. Does it exist, in certain cultures at certain times? I don't doubt that.

But most of this is simply pulled out of some SJW:s ass and then reinterpreted to fit a demented agenda of psychological disorders as socially acceptable behaviour.

The vast majority of the examples given relate to the duality of humanity, man and woman. They don't break gender norms or even seek to do so, but reinforces them in accordance to the facts of reality as they could best interpret them at the time.

Paternal figures, motherly depictions, and deviations from this is almost entirely of the "batshit insane" or the "holy union of man and woman" variety.

I'm still wondering in what kind of fucked-up headspace Ymir fits into SocJus reinterpretations of mythology, though. Is it because he birthed both a man and a woman out of his fucking armpits? The reaching here is insane.
>>
>>53656833
>>53657125
It's probably too late. Just report the thread for being off topic.
>>
>>53657115
Good to know they had the sense to let players handle it themselves and not force it into places it doesn't belong, like my not!Japan setting where the options are boring pleb, a connoisseur of young me, a woman hater, and some kind of faggot.
>>
>>53657222
>a connoisseur of young me
get your /ss/ out of here
>>
>>53657050
I think you're piling up too much of the "blame" onto the religion, when in reality it was more likely the fact that if you didn't breed your society would die.

Also Vikings pillaged and raped, but you're making a claim that their society is not one based on manliness because their patriarchal father-figure who was 99% testosterone decided he wanted to learn women's magic? Really? That's your argument?
>>
>>53651751

You can just say you're a shitter who hates PbtA games, anon.
>>
>>53656260
>my cultural heritage
Oh, fuck, my sides.
Let's start calling bets, shall we? Is it an Amerifat mongrel trying to WE WUZ his way into European heritage, or Sven the New Somali desperately trying to cling to the last vestiges of his pride by posting from a phone hidden under his state-mandated burqa?
>>
File: j8T0SkbS.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
j8T0SkbS.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>53657139
What system has this? In my experience, systems that use something like this also explicitly state that you should only roll if there's a chance of failure. If the chance is higher than 95%, why would you roll?

>>53657115
That's fucking gold. So it was some SJW looking to usurp a pre-existing medium to politicize into a cultural platform. Big fucking surprise.

I hope xir was fired.
>>
>>53657248

It's pretty clear that wasn't his argument, so all you're really showing off is your lack of reading comprehension.
>>
>>53651751
The first three are just dumb. I'd like to know what game actually has the last one?
>>
>>53657238
Make me fggt.
>>
>>53657173
These are just the recorded examples. Any possible nonbinary figures alive in, say, christian era europe would have likely been beaten to death or accused of demonic possession or witchcraft, kind of like women who wanted to know how to brew beer (Funnily enough the origin to the 'witch's brew' trope.) Also in the historical lense, victorian physicians beleived that women having a libido was considered a mental illness that needed to be treated with shit like cold baths and regular electrocutions.
>>
>>53653193
>It's about the fact that the entire story grinding to a halt because the characters failed to spot a secret door

this is just bad dungeon design, not something that justifies fail forward.
>>
>>53657273
WoD
>>
>>53657335
It doesn't need justification. It's not a bad idea.
>>
>>53657267

>>53657050
>And people who cite viking culture as this pillar of manly awesomeness are just as much of a problem because they just look at the swords and the berserkers without looking at the women controlling finance, the fact that odin did in fact practice "Woman's magic"
>And people who cite viking culture as this pillar of manly awesomeness are just as much of a problem

How was this not a core argument again?
>>
File: jGgOtFH.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
jGgOtFH.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>53657146
I own a copy of the different one so I can show you what changed. It looks like the "hermaphroditic" section was taken out. All of the other stuff is still there though.
>>
>>53657335
I still think you have no idea what the fuck fail forward means. Getting the shit beat out of you and shipped off to a slave trader counts as well.
>>
>>53657361
It's neither good nor bad.
Systems that have it aren't worse for having it, but systems that don't have it aren't worse for not having it.

It's a neutral idea.
>>
>dragons, wizards, elves, cross-dimensional hijinx and all manner of ridiculous monsters don't bother me none

>but god help any adventurer that is already on the fringes of acceptable society not conform to normal gender standards

wat
>>
>>53657248
No my argument is also that "Viking" is not a culture. It's a job. The culture is Norse. The norse were poets, bards, tradesmen and crafters. What's more, women controlled the property, so much so that touching women against their consent could easily earn someone "Outlaw" status depending on the nature of the contact.
>>
>>53657376
I'm only going by the example provided by that guy.
>>
>>53657375

Ahh, so the general substance was kept. That's good. Weird they'd single it out like that, but as long as it's present it's a good thing.
>>
>>53657403
You should have stated that then instead of what you actually stated.
>>
>>53657393

Because people are desperate to have media reinforce their biases and tell them they aren't just closed minded bigots. It's kinda pathetic. When a typically male oriented product like D&D starts to show an interest in appealing to a broader audience, they freak out because they're no longer special and being exclusively pandered to, so they whine and bitch about everyone else being pandered to instead.
>>
>>53657393
Inverse SJWs. Exactly as thin-skinned, but for the exact opposite reasons.
>>
>>53657418
Why does it need to be said at all? Chances are if you're a faggot, you're going to play with other faggots. I know I do. And if you don't, some words aren't going to fix anything.
>>
>>53657418
Probably because Corellon is not and has never been a hermaphrodite.

I mean, he wasn't androgynous either but that's small potatoes compared to putting futas in D&D's RAW.
>>
>>53657252
My bet is white kid who listened to too much heavy metal and got bullied by a black kid in high school one time.
>>
>>53657458

Because there are a small number of people who will find it useful, meaningful and positive. Giving a marginal group a significant benefit at no cost to anyone else save a few lines of text seems pretty understandable in my book. Plus, it got WotC positive PR since acceptance and tolerance is the hip fashion these days, so it makes financial sense for them too.
>>
>>53657393
Honestly? If this were maybe 8 or 9 years ago, this wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'd have NO problems whatsoever including anyone like this, and would have even applauded lines like this for being true to life.

Problem is that there's a very clear agenda being pushed, and the fact is that people who complain about it like myself just simply don't trust the authors of the rule book. It's become a very good red flag to watch for if you want to see if a company actually cares about their product or not, much like how back 8 or 9 years ago you could signal out bad rulesets if they had a "GRRRL GAMER" paragraph written in them.

You want rulebooks to have this type of shit in again? Build up my trust first. Let me know you're not doing it to push a movement down my throat, and then I'll be more receptive to it.
>>
>>53657465
I think you might need to re-read your 1e.
>>
>Thread that could have gone a decent direction
>This happens instead
>>
>>53657487
It's a meaningless gesture, put out cash for hotlines and shelters instead. I've been burned by virtue signalling too many times.
>>
>>53657498
>assuming anything Wizards has ever put its name onto was anything more than a cynical cash grab

haha
>>
>>53657498
>It's only acceptable to promote things if it's not mainstream

get the fuck out of here hipster
>>
>>53657033
> But they're not unique. They follow pretty clear patterns of gender identity expression. Do you think trans people choose to join a demographic that's subject to staggering levels of physical and sexual violence for attention?

I don't think he meant that trans are bad/want attention.
He mean (I think) that making a trans/... character is a way of making it a snowflake, just like making your character have Heterochromia (two eyes colors) / being half vampire.
He is not making judgement on trans/... he is just preventing the bullshit of snowflakes.
>>
>>53657498
>>
File: filthy degenerates.png (71KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
filthy degenerates.png
71KB, 482x428px
>>53655749
>>
File: The-18-Spell-Songs-of-Odin[1].jpg (67KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
The-18-Spell-Songs-of-Odin[1].jpg
67KB, 640x400px
>>53657050
>It might have been more common in european cultures were it not for cultural enforcement of gender binary roles through the bible
That's pretty laughable, considering that classical religions were extremely dichotomous in regards to gender roles.

In viking culture, women didn't "control finances"; they managed the home, and that was their domain. Viking culture was very much this pillar of manly awesomeness, but it was also the culture of strong femininity. As was practically all of the classical world.

The fact that Odin could practice "Woman's magic" doesn't really mean anything; Odin could practice all magic. To say that Odin was a god of wisdom and knowledge, the originator of magic and the one who quite literally gifted the runes/alphabet/futhark to mankind - long endowed with spiritual meaning - but would be unable to use Seidhr, would've been fucking absurd.

It was "woman's magic" because the art related to the home, the family, and belonging, it was practiced by women and it was their responsibility, but that doesn't mean that the magic couldn't possibly be used by men at all, just that it would be odd or maybe even a form of sacrilege to do so, which obviously wouldn't apply to Odin SINCE HE FUCKING INVENTED IT.
>>
>>53657538
Boy that cover aged poorly.
Seeing as now frogs are symbols of the patriarchy
>>
>>53657573
The witches are also called MAGAs.
>>
File: IMG_7744.jpg (85KB, 434x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7744.jpg
85KB, 434x526px
>>53657465
Now who's revising history?
>>
>>53651751
Aside from the last thing, I am all fine with it. Second statement suggests that the system is very generic or very simple/light on the rules and the first is very simple but would explain the second. It's the moment someone tries to advertise certain social and political ideologies I am out.
>>
>>53657599
So does that mean that futas are confirmed canon?
>>
>>53653238
why is he retarded?
>>
>>53657089
>Not really a subject of derision, more a celebration of self-indulgence.
It is a point of derision in that you did it because it *was* considered ridiculous and silly and degenerate. Then things returned to normal. The whole deal was to do something that was outlandish and absurdist.

It wasn't some transexual or drag-queen pride festival, or a celebration of gender dysphoria. It was a festival of self-indulgence and carnal insanity.

>>53657089
>Not everything Karl stated was a gold nugget of wisdom, my guy.
Literally nothing Karl stated was a gold nugget of wisdom.
>>
>>53651751
3 and 4 I agree with, 1 and 2 I disagree with so long as they're not in conjunction with eachother.
>>
>>53657537
There's literally nothing wrong with snowflakes in fantasy. Some of its most prominent figures are snowflakes.
>>
>>53657572
Yeah which is why women managed the finances, could readily divorce their husbands and completely control the husband's property in the event of absence or death. And why female vikings were recorded in Varangian Vikings in a battle against the Bulgarians in A.D. 971. Plus saxon recordings of norwegian "shield maidens" who dressed as men, fought as men, and learned the art of combat. If you knew any viking history aside from what you get from revisionist documents and heavy metal songs, you'd know that Ragnar, one of the more famous norsemen, married a shieldmaiden named Lagertha.
>>
>>53651751
>>"The game only uses six-sided dice, the easiest dice to find!"
>>"This system can be used for ANY setting!
My favorite system uses these.

I kind of hate non-generic systems to be honest. I don't want to have to relearn an entirely new ruleset, just because you can't separate fluff from crunch.
>>
>>53657418
>as long as it's present it's cancer
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>53657693
>Literally nothing Karl stated was a gold nugget of wisdom.
And yet here you are using him in an argument.
>>
>>53657498
>agenda
>trans people are people too and don't deserve to be treated like shit

If you consider that a bad agenda to push, you're a pretty garbage human being.
>>
>>53651751

But anon, the advantage/disadvantage system in the FFG SW RPGs is fun as shit
>>
>>53657749
Calling me garbage is what makes me distrust you and put down your books and vote against you.
>>
>>53653342
what are some things that DW does wrong?
>>
>>53657782
>i think you're a meanie, so I won't think about what you have to say :(
>>
>>53657782
I don't give a shit. You are garbage. I'm not going to go out of my way to shield your feelings because treating other people as human beings is too fucking hard for you.
>>
>>53657811
Lemme get my lamp. Potentially human, sure, but that doesn't stop us from killing babies.
>>
>>53657809
>>53657811
You can't try to take the moral high stance while simultaneously trying to bully me. It only makes you two hypocrites.
>>
>>53657782
So not only are you a terrible person, you're also a thin skinned looser? Not surprising, but still disappointing.
>>
>>53657487
>at no cost to anyone else save a few lines of text
Those lines of text could've gone towards something useful, like duplicating a stated rule in a relevant section. Even that would've been more productive.

>it makes financial sense for them too.
Pandering does not pay. The cultural marxist politicals are rarely the same people as the ones constituting your user base. This has been demonstrated time and again.

They'll cheer and cheer and cry tears of joy on their private Instagram account, but they won't actually buy the products. They'll watch The Big Bang Theory and laugh about how nerdy they totally are, all the while laughing about actual people that are actually sitting in their mom's basement actually playing games.
>>
>>53653125
4e DnD had fucking fantastic layouts and editing.
I'm enraged that its so hard to find something of equivalent standards.
>>
>>53657849
>Consider the feelings of these people!
>You're not? Then you're fucking garbage.
>What? You want me to consider YOUR feelings? You're a thin-skinned pussy faggot. Feelings are for the gays.
>>
>>53657865
>Those lines of text could've gone towards something useful, like duplicating a stated rule in a relevant section. Even that would've been more productive.

Rulebooks aren't a zero sum game, dipshit. They don't have a hard limit on how many words they are allowed to print.
>>
>>53657332
>cold baths and regular electrocutions
That's not how you spell "doctor-assisted masturbation".
>>
>>53657872

Because for some reason D&D's audience fetishize obfuscation. Like the rules being hard to understand somehow assists in their 'immersion'.
>>
>>53657662
if you want to run that sort of campaign, why the fuck not?
>>
>>53657885

The only thing that cannot be tolerated is intolerance.
>>
>>53657885
Reading into things a bit, aren't we?
>>
>>53657840
>babies

Oh, so you think non-sapient clumps of cells qualify for personhood or as beings?

>ohnoit'sretarded.jpg

>>53657845
>bully me

Haha. You thin-skinned wiener.
>>
>>53657894
That's not how you spell hand-cranked copper dildo.
>>
>>53657885
>sugarcoating things for liberal nancies is bad and wrong
>now please sugarcoat all your statements towards me because my feefees are important
>>
>>53657885
Yeah, surely the KKK would have listened if their opponents were just a bit nicer.
>>
>>53656077
Pinwheel hardly counts since it was an undead abomination made from a whole family. Similarly Nashandra is a fragment of manus of the abyss so its gender is superfluous.

Also what did Ciaran do that defied gender norms? Female assassins are old enough to be in the bible, and nobody in world finds her odd that I recall. Lucatiel became some form of knightess so it didn't seem like she was defying the norms where she was: even with the mask you could hardly say she was hiding her gender in that outfit. Not every culture is one where fighting roles are always viewed as being wholly separate from women. Shield maidens and samurai wives come to mind.

Gwyn is a good example as he's a male who was raised as a girl, and though he uses male pronouns, is definitely feminine. He's not identifying himself a certain way, just filling a role.

It's quite interesting to me but for most of history that kind of thing (actually taking the role of the other) is reserved for gods in myths, who often are supernatural entities that are clearly above the norms, or those filling the role of them (queens usually). At least the dwarf thing could be plucked straight from Tolkien.

Just don't let in weird tumblr shit if it's not what you want: you sometimes just have to throw pieces out and that bit ended up removed anyways.
>>
>>53657926
No, actual babies. Every year hundreds are killed for being witches.
>>
>>53657749
>seriously thinks it's just about thinking that "trans people are people too!"

This. This is why we hate you. This is everything that is wrong with social justice warriors. The complete lack of understanding, and a complete lack of a willingness to understand, and a preference towards simply calling others "evil" (or variations thereof, whether they understand the term or not, such as "bigot", "racist", "fascist" or, in this case, "garbage human being").

You're a garbage human being, and I sincerely hope your dysphoria or related mental health issues makes you kill yourself, because we've had more than enough of this holier-than-thou bullshit throughout human history. You're little better than the Westboro Baptist Church and Bible-thumpers bitching about Satan's Butthole.
>>
>>53657962
In the developed world, we don't do that.
>>
>>53657966
Then enlighten us, what is it actually about? Because the gist of that line that has you morons triggered is "trans people exist, and it's OK to be one, even in a game."
>>
>>53657966

But that really is all it's about, fundamentally. Some extremist idiots might go further, but they're a vocal minority who are generally better off ignored and have no real influence in the grand scheme of things. Using them as justification for being an asshole just feeds a cycle of extremism which isn't good for anybody.
>>
>>53657977
>moral relativist tries to claim cultural superiority
zozzle
>>
>>53657966
>The complete lack of understanding, and a complete lack of a willingness to understand, and a preference towards simply calling others "evil"

You are literally upset with them because they're using the same strategies that have visibly worked for the other side.
>>
>>53651992
In Fantasy Flight Star Wars and games like it, you most often either get success with threat or failure with advantage, because the good dice tend to give you success or advantage but usually not both. Same with failure and threat. If you fail a roll, it's probably because the good dice only gave you advantage but not success. So the GM often has to awkwardly come up with a way for you to fail in a good way or succeed in a bad one.
>>
>>53657966
>"You SJWs just presume we're all evil assholes!" God I hope that your decades of mental struggle end in you killing yourself!
>>
>>53657893
Not him but at the end of the day people get paid to write rulebooks and I'd be pretty salty too if my money went towards someone who puts in useless pandering nonsense like "you're allowed to play as a transdwarf" or "there are only two genders" or " 'clip' and 'magazine' are interchangeable terms".
>>
>>53658022
>moral relativist

Haha, no.
>>
>>53657966
All those meanies better kill themselves! I'll call my dad if you don't stop calling me a faggot for being a faggot!
>>
>>53658060
I don't like the "what is roleplaying?" section at the front of damn near every RPG, but I don't sperg out about them.
>>
>>53657913
>>53657916
>>53657926
>>53657938
>>53657943

I'm mostly just posting to get you to out your hypocrisy to show to everyone here. If you want us to consider your feelings on the subject, you first have to be willing to reciprocate ours, and since you won't, I'll continue to distrust you, even after your ship starts sinking when businesses realize that catering towards your kind isn't actually sustainable.

Well, they already realize this. They're mostly just paying lip service to your talking points.
>>
>>53657893
>They don't have a hard limit on how many words they are allowed to print.
Yes, yes, usually they do, in fact. Seriously, what the fuck, you thought page counts were just arbitrarily decided by the writers? Most books are written as projects, and the exact page count, as well as how many pages will be dedicated to certain things such as cover and such-and-such, are decided often long before editing starts. Sometimes even before writing.

If I could have endlessly big books, I'd reprint so much pertinent information in relevant sections. It still pisses me off that they don't take advantage of digital formats to actually do this. But even in a digital format I'd consider this line completely superfluous and actually detracting from the rulebook by virtue of it's meaninglessness.
>>
>>53658024
Isn't your side supposed to be "above" using such strategies?
>>
>>53658088
You're a fucking idiot. It isn't about getting you to consider feelings with nice words. It's about ruthlessly shaming people like you until you either change or hide in the holes you came from, because you are garbage and until you change you will continue to be.
>>
>>53658088
>If you want us to consider your feelings on the subject, you first have to be willing to reciprocate ours
Your feelings on the subject are literally 'fuck off and die you degenerates', that isn't exactly deserving of consideration.
>>
>>53658060
> "clip' and 'magazine' are interchangeable terms".

I too hate when games lie.
>>
>>53658088
Bro.

You've been posting for about five or six posts now about how reading a a paragraph in a book makes you feel attacked and distrustful, and how upset you are about online bullies. I think it might be time to look in the mirror.
>>
>>53658116
Oh it's a sex thing, I get it now. You really are fucking degenerate.
>>
>>53656260
>that one time Loki turned into a mare to distract the horse building Asgard, had sex with it, then later gave birth to Sleipnir
>that one time Thor and Loki crossdressed to disguise themselves as Freya and her handmaid to fool a giant
Granted the second time is just crossdressing for a plan but I always think it's funny.
>>
>>53658186

And why is other people being 'degenerates' at all relevant to you?
>>
>>53658078
I think the heart of the issue, at least I know it's the case for me, isn't the substance of the text itself, but the connotations around it and the motivations behind its inclusion. "What is roleplaying" is fine because the intent is to help out new players (though doubtless there are grognards who'd be salty at that too) but here it's a case of someone not being able to keep their political ideas out of the game, and I dislike that kind of person just as much whether they're a developer or a player.
>>
>>53658092
For a more intricate look at the nuances of publishing, people should consider that printers print books using leaves of a certain standardized size. The maximum size of a book is thus decided by the type and size of leaf used to print the book and the feasibility of mass-production using that size.

For an example, a book with 300 pages might choose to use a set of 5 64-page prints leaving 20 extra pages for copyright or left blank. Since books have to use standardized leaves, adding more pages to this particular book would require adding them in 64-page increments.
>>
>>53658207

Why is it necessarily political?

Yeah, yeah, I know, culture war bullshit and everything, but is it really hard to believe that someone might include that entirely sincerely, because they thought that someone might benefit from its inclusion?
>>
>>53658088
If you're upset by "trans people are people too and don't deserve to be treated like shit," then either you don't think trans people are people, or think they deserve to be treated like shit.

So why should we consider either of those things? There's no middle ground here. Either trans people are people or they're not - we tried the 3/5 thing, it didn't work. And either they deserve to be treated like shit or they don't, because treating someone like shit every other week and on Sundays is still treating them like shit.

Or do you mean that we should consider your reasons why it's OK to not consider other human beings to be people, or why we should treat them like shit? We have. They're universally terrible.
>>
>>53658245
I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Wizards can be sincere about anything.
>>
>>53651751
>"non-binary success to make those failure rolls less BORING!"

Fucking SJWs, getting their weird genders all over my action resolution mechanics
>>
>>53658245
It is textbook virtue signalling that does nothing. I don't think anyone is really so dumb that they can't figure out they can do it even though it isn't written there. No one is going to benefit and it's just Comm Studies undergrads' attempt at media control instead of you know, actually doing something that would cost time and money.

It's like shaming someone for making fun of the autistic kid because they don't know any better because they don't have any friends instead of making friends with the autistic kid because even they know the autistic kid is a fucking shithead
>>
>>53658245
Maybe being next door to /pol/ makes me see writing on the wall where there isn't any, but from where I'm looking the actual best way of handling it would be to avoid mentioning it at all, because it really doesn't carry any immediate relevance. In my personal experience references like this are usually progressive preening rather than born of any genuine concern for the minority groups in question.
>>
>>53658179
>>53658248
I've also mentioned how I wouldn't have minded this before, and I have never told you anything about my personal life, such as the fact that there is a trans at my current table.

The reason lines like this bother me is because they're used as talking points by the other side as an excuse to ridicule and harass people like me. Why would I not find this distrustful, even ignoring the points where it doesn't come off as sincere and in many cases winds up being insulting to the crowd they're trying to make good with?

It doesn't really matter though. One person tried to open up about the real issues and was attacked. So it's an understandable position why this type of thing would be seen as bad.
>>
>>53658248
>If you're upset by "trans people are people too and don't deserve to be treated like shit,"
That's a nice strawman you've built there.
>>
>>53651751
Partial successes are pretty fucking sweet.
>>
>>53658248
>we tried the 3/5 thing, it didn't work
To go off on a tangent, the North didn't want coloreds to count at all and all the abolitionists including Lincoln wanted to free the slaves so they could be sent back to Africa. Also, nelson mandela was a terrorist who bombed shopping centers on christmas and should have been executed.
>>
>>53658207
"Trans people exist and you can be one" is not a political statement (except insofar as all art is political), are the kind of idiot that assumes every instance of a black person as a main character is a political statement too?
>>
>>53658391
>as an excuse to ridicule and harass people like me

Tell me, did you feel like you were being targeted before or after you started complaining about a few lines of 'you be you' in a book?
>>
>>53652406
>I understand failing forward
>Fails in giving an example
>Is corrected, with a better example shown to teach him the difference.
>Meta failing forward, rl.
>>
>>53658494
Why would you roleplay as a trans character when you could just play as the opposite sex?
>>
>>53657721
>Plus saxon recordings of norwegian "shield maidens" who dressed as men, fought as men, and learned the art of combat.
Questionable accounts at best, and even if true, constitute extreme outliers.

The rest is correct, and I see no reason to contest it. Gender roles were usually very strict, and basically everything you just mentioned tells of a different culture in which women were considered strong and capable.

This does not entail, nor imply, egalitarian - nor feminist. The fact that women had a strong social position is irrelevant to the discussion. The fact that women had a very strong social position with clearly defined areas of ownership and control instead implies a social and legal framework relating to gender dichotomy and equal-but-different shared responsibilities.

>aside from what you get from revisionist documents
It's funny, because you don't seem to know what revisionism entails, you just use it as a slur, which is symptomatic of marxist politicals conflating reactionary with revisionist and/or relating revisionism as a whole with Soviet revisionism and "tankies".

My point being that it's ironic that you'd accuse me of learning viking history from "revisionist documents" when you're citing "saxon recordings of norwegian shield maidens", which is in itself part of relatively modern historical revisionism, as new facts are added and history reconsidered and thus revised.

>Ragnar, one of the more famous norsemen, married a shieldmaiden named Lagertha
If you'd know any viking history aside from what you get from Tumblr and the TV-show "Vikings", you'd know that Lagertha is most likely entirely fictional, and subject of nordic legend.
>>
>>53652850
In which systems does gender matter mechanically?
>>
>>53658391
>I've also mentioned how I wouldn't have minded this before, and I have never told you anything about my personal life, such as the fact that there is a trans at my current table.
>I have many black friends!

Kek.

>people like me.

Which is? Because so far, it's proven to be "person who gets triggered when you're reminded that trans people exist and that prevailing opinion is shifting towards it not being OK to treat them like shit."

>>53658405
But that's literally the entire crux of the line in the book. They just say you can be some variety of non-binary, and that's OK.
>>
>>53658474
That's awfully disingenuous, friend. If it weren't a point of contention then it wouldn't warrant mention.
>>
>>53658535
>If you'd know any viking history aside from what you get from Tumblr and the TV-show "Vikings", you'd know that Lagertha is most likely entirely fictional, and subject of nordic legend.
???much like the games we play here???

Seriously, if it's good enough to put in nordic legends, what's wrong with it in games?
>>
>>53658391
You've heard the saying "birds of a feather flock together"? If people like you are being ridiculed and harassed, then maybe the question isn't why the people on the opposite side are doing this, but what the people on your side are doing to make them think you're worthy of ridicule and harassment. You might want to stand up and say "no, that's not what we stand for, and fuck you for trying to use my affiliation for your bullshit."

If you're not garbage, then stop letting garbage associate with you.

>>53658405
Not a strawman. That's what >>53657749 posted before he got upset in >>53657782.
>>
>>53658494
>all art is political
It is not, though. This is nothing but a regurgitated marxist meme.
>>
>>53658530
Because maybe someone wishes to play a trans character? There is no further justification needed.
>>
>>53658624
Sounds magical realmy, that doesn't fly at my table.
>>
>>53658617
Art always expresses the values of society as you see it and as you wish it to be. There's no way around this.

>Marxist

Which makes it wrong how? It's not like everything ever said by every Marxist ever is wrong just on the basis of them being Marxists.
>>
>>53658642
>gender identity is magical realm

So you have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.
>>
>>53658585
>But that's literally the entire crux of the line in the book.
Okay, stop right there. Are you confusing fiction with reality? "It is an option to pretend to be a fictional trans person in this particular game of make-believe" is pretty far from "trans people are people too and don't deserve to be treated like shit", regardless of the merits of either statement.
>>
>>53658690
These statements are intrinsically linked, since all art is political. Making this statement in the book further the normalization of the second statement.
>>
>>53658683
Have you ever met a tranny where it wasn't a sex thing?
>>
>>53658108
The left in general tends to try and keep playing chess even while the right is busy setting fire to the room, but I think we can all agree that the stereotypical SJW is well beyond caring about such things.
>>
Question to leftists: if a culture has strict gender roles and actively ostracizes or persecutes gays, trannies and "queers", do you hate that entire culture?
>>
>>53658405
>That's a nice strawman you've built there.
I'd say that it's a full fucking hut they've got going, well on their way to a palace entirely built by straw, which they'll then do a home invasion of and squat in, claiming eminent domain and/or adverse possession.
>>
>>53658726
All of the trans people I have ever met. It's just an expression of their gender identity; it's not intrinsically linked to fucking.
>>
>>53657418
>>53657375
>>53657465
Probably because the term "hermaphrodite" has a stigma attached to it?
I believe the term that is used now is "intersex."

So yes. Pretty much for "political correctness."
>>
>>53658535
The subject of historical context isn't what we're debating here. It's the fact that you seem to think that players of a fantasy game should not be allowed to play a gender beyond what is considered the norm, equating it to wanting to play a pony or a werewolf in Game of Thrones. Even if the concept of transgendered people was a work of fiction which it is clearly NOT, Magic, dragons, elves, dwarves and the like are entirely imagined. They are not real, they only care about what the writers say they should care about.

Transgendered and other nonbinary people are real. They are not "Degenerates." they are not degenerates any more than someone with depression is, or someone who's gay or bisexual. Transgendered women and men can, in fact, still have kids through donors and other modern medical processes. And this is ignoring the fact that the world is already overpopulated and there are millions of kids waiting to be adopted by parents who would otherwise be extruded through a system that plops them onto the streets at age 18.
>>
>>53658766
That's weird because all the ones I know are autogynephiles and post their girldick on craigslist because no one else will fuck them.
>>
>>53658245
To add my 2 cents to this whole conversation, I think the "you can play LGBT characters in a fantasy setting" paragraph wasn't included to preach inclusivity to groups who don't care about social politics, nor to pander to the SJ crowd and feel good about being "progressive"
I think the point was mostly to give trans players solid ammo and examples against the shitty mentality of "nuh uh you can't play trans PCs in fantasy, it's out of place/not ~realistic~/not part of the setting/out of place".
Basically just a reminder along the lines of "yeah you guys can play trans in our settings, here's a god whose gender is fucking weird, go nuts" and letting the decision of allowing this kind of character come down to the group/GM's preference, not to what the setting has room for.
>>
>>53658722
>all art is political
What about solely abstract art like that of Piet Mondrian?
>>
>>53658759

They like Muslims and the Middle East, don't they
>>
>>53658799
Why would you play a transexual instead of the opposite sex? Where's the escapism there?
>>
>>53658759
Not necessarily, but that aspect of the culture is certainly something to dislike, and the more central those beliefs are to the broader culture the more I would dislike the broader culture.
>>
>>53658792
Well maybe if you'd stop meeting trans people through craigslist you'd have a less skewed perception.
>>
File: logo[2].png (63KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
logo[2].png
63KB, 300x300px
>>53658722
>These statements are intrinsically linked
No.

>since all art is political
Lolno.

The reaching and the mental gymnastics here is astounding. Someone call Guinness.
>>
>>53658722
You are correct but also being quite disingenuous. I could well use that same logic to show an intrinsic link between "you can play a trans character" and "trans people are a protected class who must be mollycoddled at every turn and mention of them must be shoehorned everywhere even when not relevant to the topic at hand". It's still a strawman.
>>
>>53658824
That's like saying that someone likes the KKK because they like Tennesee williams plays.
>>
>>53658819

I dunno, man, Red is clearly oppressing blue there, and yellow exerts an influence far beyond its alotted area.
>>
>>53658662
>It's not like everything ever said by every Marxist ever is wrong just on the basis of them being Marxists.
No, but close enough. Marxists that aren't wrong stop being marxists.

>>53658624
>There is no further justification needed.
If you want to play a snowflake, then yes, you will have to justify it at my table. Magical realms and super-unique mary sues with more mental health issues and special edges than can be counted have no place in 99,9% of games and settings.

Much like in the realm world, really.
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>53658883
>>
>>53658869
Are Tennesse williams plays about persecuting blacks? Because Muslims in the middle east do actively persecute gays and all sort of other groups.
>>
>>53658759
Well, nazi culture is a pretty good example of a culture that should be hated. Yeah. Hate, as an emotion, has a place. Hating a thing does not make you a bad person, WHAT you hate determines whether or not your a bad person. If you hate the injustices inflicted on a group of people, the men that perpetuate it, or the regiment that allows it, that is hatred well-placed. If you hate someone for having a different skin color, god, or lifestyle than you, that is hatred poorly used. It's like a house is on fire and you have a firehose, but you aim it at your neighbor's window and flood their living room because FUCK Greg and his god-damn lawn gnomes!
>>
File: 1443722608143.png (906KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
1443722608143.png
906KB, 1126x845px
>>53658830
A leftist who wants to gain the brownie points of being part of an oppressed minority group without actually having to live as one in real life.
>>
>>53658777
Intersex=/=hermaphrodite
>>
>>53658956
Problem with this logic is who gets to decide what constitutes a hateful action against another person or culture?
>>
>>53658824
That's a pretty sweeping statement.
>>
>>53658662
>Which makes it wrong how?
Because Marxism is by itself a rebellion against reality.

>It's not like everything ever said by every Marxist ever is wrong just on the basis of them being Marxists.
Individual would-be Marxists do not constitute Marxist memes. Not everything ever said by people that happen to be Marxists is automatically wrong simply because they were Marxists at the time, but everything ever said by Marxism is practically wrong by definition.
>>
>>53658965
That's about as disgusting and offensive as the blackface trannies do pretending to be women. I'll allow it.
>>
>>53658989

Yeah, I admit. It's really more of the radical left that seem to buddy up with them for some reason.
>>
>>53658953
Which muslum sect? There are a ton. Suni, Sufi, Shi'a, Ahmadiiiya, Kawa'arij. Christians in america actively persecute gays and all sorts of other groups. So do a lot of asatru norse pagans.
>>
>>53658956
But isn't it racist to hate muslims, latin americans, Eastern Europeans and pretty much all Africa?
>>
>>53658956
But the *entire* culture? Nazi ideology was about more than just gassing Jews.
>>
>>53658983
Please explain. I would like to learn more.

What is the difference?
>>
>>53658830
There's no shortage of reasons. Off the top of my head, maybe someone wants to live out a fantasy of easy transition (both physical and social). And if the player is looking to play a self-insert fantasy, a PC who is going through the same issues may be easier to project on/relate to than a PC who's always been the desired sex.

Also, consider how a poor player who'd like to be rich may not specifically love playing a PC who was born into wealth, and might enjoy a PC with a (backstory or future game goal) rags-to-riches story arc.
>>
>>53653193
Thats why you dont put the important stuff behind a secret door without a secondary way to find it. puzzels that open with the option to just open it if they actually find it. as a general rule of thumb, i only place optional shit behind secret doors, whether it be extra treasure or a shortcut out of the ruins.
>>
>>53658766
>All of the trans people I have ever met.
How many trans people have you met? Transexuals only constitute 0.1-0,3% of the population, even in the western world, and it is often considered to be even lower than that.

Even if we were to count LGBT as a whole, only between 1,2-6,8% would identify with it.

If you're somehow surrounded by these people, it's no surprise your world-view is completely fucking distorted.
>>
>>53658986
Easy.
>Is the action aimed at a person whose condition cannot be helped. I.E Race, gender, sex, birthplace.

>Does the action restrict or endanger the aforementioned person's life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness (Provided this happiness does not harm another individual)

>If so, then this warrants action. Whether motivated by hatred of the opressor, empathy for the opressed, or abstracts such as justice, law, or faith.

Hate is not the sole tool to judge that kind of behavior. A little common sense and empathy go a long way.
>>
>>53659092
Unless you mean "why would a non-trans player play a trans character", in which case... curiosity? Experimenting? There's also escapism in playing a weird minority who may be discriminated against. Just ask all the "monster races" players. It can be exciting.

>implying trans characters and monster races aren't one and the same
>>
>>53659089
Intersex is a whole spectrum of conditions that contains hermaphroditism.
>>
>>53655989
Economics IS hard. I prefer granular wealth but I understand the appeal of abstract wealth.
>>
>>53658819
Depends on if you think attempts at demonstrating metaphysical concepts of pure line and colour as break from crude worldliness is political or not. Pretty much all artistic movements are within the various scenes deeply political and critical of each other, various patrons, and the ideological works around them.

Bracketing the intentions of the creator, the piece itself still exists as part of a continual debate and engagement with art, life and being.

Its not writing to its local municipal representative, so if you want to use a very narrow technical definition of political you can, but that seems to be a purposefully shallow interpretation.
>>
>>53658862
>trans people are a protected class who must be mollycoddled at every turn and mention of them must be shoehorned everywhere even when not relevant to the topic at hand"

Except that's not what anyone is claiming. The pro trans people just want things like discrimination, violence, and harassment against trans people to get somewhere around the societal norm. So it seems it's you that's building the strawman here.

And if you want proof that it's OK to criticize trans people, just look for most discussions of Caitlyn Jenner's auto accident.
>>
>>53657523
It's 4chan; this is the expected result.
I say bring back Snacks and start enforcing Global Rule 3 with extreme prejudice: nuke shitpost threads from orbit. Scorched Earth campaign against flamebait.
I don't care if /tg/'s a ghost town afterwards.
>>
>>53658862
Or to claim an intrinsic link between "<section does not exist>" and "Transgendered people are being actively omitted and censored from books as part of structural oppression and not treating LGBT people as human fucking beings!".

All kidding aside, I still haven't seen anyone explain why it should even be there, or what it actually adds, beyond meaningless pandering and virtue-signaling that you're part of the political correctness of the decade.
>>
>>53659259
>>53657523
>>Thread that could have gone a decent direction
>the last line in the op

It was never going to go anywhere but down.
>>
>>53658986
We do, with our own collective wills.

>>53659002
The statement that "all art is political" is not Marxism, it was a statement made by a Marxist (I believe it originates with Trotsky) and picked up by some later Marxists like Adorno, it further wound up seeing use outside of Marxism by other social critics. Marx himself never said it.
>>
>>53656739
Right but in games where gnome barbarians are allowed, why shouldn't trannies be?
>>
Many atrocities have been committed in the name of justice, or saving others. Life isn't so simple.
>>
>>53659038
It's incredibly racist. What I'm saying is you can hate aspects of those cultures or places and use that as a motivation to change things. You hate the disease or crime in aftica? Donate to a charity fund or work for the peace corps. Do you hate how muslums treat women or gays? Donate to funds like "Rainbow Railroad" or support protesters in the country. You can't just hate an entire people for a thing they can't really help.

Example: You are right to hate Adolph hitler, Joseph Goebbles, mengele, etc... But you would be incorrect in directing your hatred to the entire country of germany.
>>
>>53658530
Very simple character development, playing through their transition so you can draw contrast between then and now

Backstory reason for disguising abilities

Motivation for rebelling against a society that doesn't acknowledge their problem, or just motivation to travel somewhere that does.
>>
>>53659279
>why it should even be there,

Because the writing staff wanted it to be. There is no further justification needed.

>what it actually adds

Further normalization of the idea that trans people are deserving of basic human respect.
>>
>>53659167
Problems in all of those.

>condition cannot be helped
It has been decided that being a kleptomania can no longer help, so directing hate speech towards thieves you steal in your store or rob your home shall become a hate crime.

>Does the action restrict or endanger the aforementioned [...] pursuit of happiness [...]
Stealing from you does not harm your pursuit of happiness as you are still free to pursue it.

You're making the classical blunder in assuming that everyone is on board with your logic and will make the right decisions at all time. Plus, you're not even encompassing the reality of the situation where a bunch of people can just make up lies to help push forward one group as "enemies" and another group as "brave and heroic". It was only 40 years ago where the enemy of America was it's own military force, and now America is in support of the individual troops. Values and groups it's "okay" to hate are decided arbitrarily.
>>
File: ed4.png (93KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
ed4.png
93KB, 200x211px
>>53658060
>'clip' and 'magazine' are interchangeable terms
And here I was enjoying an otherwise funny thread.
>>
>>53658759
Not unless the entire culture is either a monolithic block, or effectively a monolithic block because nobody will take a stand against the culture's gender roles and persecution. Take Christianity, for example - the majority of Christians no longer believe in strict gender roles, and there's countless examples of Christians standing up for the persecuted because of their faith rather than in spite of it. So condemning all Christians would be ridiculous.

On the other hand, let's look at the Republican Party. I recognize that the Republicans aren't monolithic in their persecution. Many Republicans are uncomfortable with persecution of homosexuals, and some are even uncomfortable with persecuting trans and queer individuals. But ultimately this discomfort doesn't amount to anything. They still vote for the people who promise persecution, or at least who don't have the courage to speak out against it. If the Republican party was filled with people trying to primary their leaders when they supported persecution, or crossing party lines to vote them out, I'd have a more nuanced view. But as it is, I hate the Republican Party, because they don't.
>>
File: Laughing Jacks.png (48KB, 438x469px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Jacks.png
48KB, 438x469px
>>53659293
You're making the mistake that I believe Gnome Barbarians should be tolerated at any table.
>>
>>53659376
>Values and groups it's "okay" to hate are decided arbitrarily.

Yes, and? It's like you just realized we live in a world without objective values or something.

Not that guy either.
>>
>>53659413
This is something I've known. I was explaining the flaw in his logic in allowing a collectively uninformed mass decide things on their own.
>>
>>53658792
>all the ones I know are autogynephiles
Don't you have more /pol/posting to do back on >>>/lgbt/ ?
>>53659233
>>53659362
>Except that's not what anyone is claiming.
It is. Not you yourself, sure, but there are people like that, just like there are people who explicitly believe that trans people don't deserve human rights. The point is you don't get to dictate on your own, exclusively, which statements are "intrinsically linked" and which statements are not: *that* is where and how your strawman is being built.
>>53659385
Is he holding a FAMAS?
>>
>>53658248
People who dissociate with their gender are people who need help. We can all agree on this. We think that help involves helping people adapt to better function in society as society views them, you think it means just making society accept people as they view themselves, often by force. In that matter we believe that the individual can be shaped into a good person by learning from interacting with others and working to be more socially acceptable towards those around us, and so long as those around you are also doing the same in their effort to be good people that people will turn out fine. It's how people grow, while acceptance is how they stagnate in their ways, ways which we view as harmful and you view as fine. You basically say that social codes like gender roles are just spooks that can be removed, we say they have a purpose in maintaining the order of our society starting at the level of the family.

You seem to advocate the idea that the individual is little more than the sum of his various identifying features, his sexual orientation, identity, what minority or majority groups he can squeeze himself into, ironically an idea which lines up exactly with those you identify as your opposites, the fascists you long to encounter so bad that you see them in everything from a cartoon frog to milk, to a guy getting pissed about some pointless diversity clause in his D&D rulebook. Like the guy who playing a dwarf just to be as stereotypically dwarfy as he can with no more depth to it, it's a stance that neglects the individual soul. We think that those aspects are less relevant outside of various group tendencies (be they cultural or biological) that are secondary to the individual will and can be shaped by society, and the duties of the individual (people have some obligations from being born what they were where they were, mostly towards their family). We have a different view of the relationship between groups, society, and the individual.
>>
File: axJmn.gif (804KB, 1307x734px) Image search: [Google]
axJmn.gif
804KB, 1307x734px
>>53659167
So, if I as a white heterosexual male, conditions that cannot be helped, would work to promote the rights of white heterosexual males, it would be hate speech to question it?

>provided this happiness does not harm another individual
So what you're saying is that I can use this logic to oppress minorities of all kinds? Sweet! I've always supported hate speech laws against groups that are trying to limit my options by enforcing affirmative action, or that attempts to redistribute my wealth with incremental tax reforms, thereby harming me as an individual.

>inb4 pic related
>>
>>53659376
>It has been decided that being a kleptomania can no longer help, so directing hate speech towards thieves you steal in your store or rob your home shall become a hate crime.

BUT ANON I HAVE KLEPTOMANIA YOU BIGOT, I CANNOT HELP IT, IT'S IN MY GENES! REPORT ME TO THE POLICE AND I'LL SUE YOU FOR HATE SPEECH!
>>
>>53659449
>would work to promote the rights of white heterosexual males
Promote your rights to what, exactly?
>>
>>53659436
>The point is you don't get to dictate on your own, exclusively, which statements are "intrinsically linked"

Yes I do, because I'm a thinking entity capable of making that judgment, and statements like "trans people exist, even in our game" are intrinsically linked with furthering the normalization of trans people as members of society.

>and which statements are not: *that* is where and how your strawman is being built.

There is no strawman. You clearly don't know what the term means. I am not misrepresenting my opponent's position.
>>
>>53658060
>" 'clip' and 'magazine' are interchangeable terms".
I'm still salty that shadowrun decided this was a good idea to add
>>
>>53659432
They are going to do it anyway.
>>
>>53659475
Mental disorders that make it so you can't comply with the law are typically met with compulsory treatment.
>>
File: its time.gif (1MB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
its time.gif
1MB, 320x184px
>>53659395
So you hate Islam, Arabs, and most of Africa and their societies, and also practically all Asian cultures?

>inb4 another feat of mental gymnastics
>>
>>53659159
Not this guy, but transsexuals/transgenders/whatever tend to stick together, if only to support each other.

>>53658819
Playing devil's advocate here: You could argue that abstract art is political, because the artist does not engage the politics of his or her time (due to disinterest, disgust, or simply not knowing what's going on). Therefore it says something about his/her position in society, and how the current issues do or do not affect him.
Sorta like how refusing or forgetting to vote, or being entirely neutral/disinterested says something about you. Maybe you think the candidates are all the same so who cares, maybe this is how you protest against the system, maybe you feel like the results wouldn't affect you even if the extremists win.

>>53659167
In the end, whether an action is dangerous/harmful and whether a condition can be helped must be backed up by hard facts. Most ideological disagreements happen over what is fact and what is "the person pretending to be measuring things for science has ulterior motives", and positions are generally based not in fact but in what you've grown up learning, experiencing and being told (which may or may not be accurate). Also, it's hard to determine intent.
>>
>>53659376
You know I entered this thread mad but this is a damn fun debate, actually. Let me address these rebuttals individually.

>Kleptomania vs thieves

Kleptomania is a mental illness that cannot be helped, and while all kleptomaniacs may be thieves, not all thieves are kleptomaniacs. A thief is someone who willfully steals while kleptomaniacs can't really help themselves. If Kleptomania was treated as an illness to be treated, and thievery examined the product of a factor that must be examined, then things might be different.

>Stealing not harming others
Stealing does, in fact, harm others. It harms one's ability to live by unjustly siezing resources without something of equal value to exchange. In some conditions theft may result directly into mortal consequences, such as stealing your suicidal aunt's anti-depressants, or stealing the money a family was going to use to buy food.
>>
File: Murder everything.gif (864KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
Murder everything.gif
864KB, 160x120px
>>53659519
I know this lesson all to well.

You think I would have learned to stop myself at some point.
>>
>>53659159
>How many trans people have you met?

About a dozen or so. I have a lot of friends involved in LGBT activism.
>>
>>53657099
I thought proper format was gender(sex) i.e girl(male)
>>
>>53659436
>Is he holding a FAMAS?
It's clearly an AK-7.

>>53659479
>Promote your rights to what, exactly?
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, of course. But for the purpose of the argument, whatever the hell I want, really.

Try to solicit harm to me in any way, and it's hate speech and prison, bigot.
>>
>>53659449
If white heterosexual males lives or rights were in danger as much as, say, a transgendered person? Sure. But the problem is, as it stands, in the society that we live in now, straight white males with institutionalized power use that power to harm or opress those not of their demographic, sometimes even opressing those in their own demographic for exceedingly petty reasons.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1MB, 245x245px
>>53659613
>I have a lot of friends involved in LGBT activism.
Shocker.
>>
>>53659567
I entirely agree.
>>
>>53659658
>Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, of course.

But you already have those, you putz, and it's considered a pretty shitty thing to suggest taking them away. In fact, there are laws against advocating taking them away (since a threat is considered a criminal offense).
>>
>>53659690
Yes, and? Should I not care about the well-being of LGBT people or something?
>>
>>53659493
>Yes I do, because I'm a thinking entity capable of making that judgment
Again, the point I'm making is that, because this is a multi-party dialogue, you are not the *only one* with the authority to make these judgments. You do misrepresent your opponent's position, because you draw a line from a statement he takes issue with to a different statement which, however you may justify the connection, you yourself created on the spot in an effort to associate your opponent with extremist views. If you want to claim that "trans people exist in our game" is intrinsically linked with <furthering the normalization of trans people as members of society>, then you must also accept that "trans people exist in our game" is intrinsically linked with <crass in-group pandering under the guise of tolerance and which is ultimately detrimental both to society and to the trans individuals it purports to help>, because the justification for either one is as strong and neither of them are explicitly validated in the point of contention proper.
>>
>>53659603
>Kleptomania is a mental illness that cannot be helped
So was homosexuality until gay rights activists literally stormed the building that made the DSM and demanded that they changed the ruling, not through logic and reasoning and scientific evidence, but rather through force and strong-arm tactics. Now it's a normal thing. Do I believe kleptomania would ever be accepted? No, definitely not, for a few reasons. One of which being I chose a purposefully cartoonish example. However, this doesn't change the point I'm illustrating that even 'mental illness' can be indoctrinated into society as normalcy.

>Stealing does, in fact, harm others[...]
Does it? In every case? If I steal a penny from you, then literally nobody would say that was harmful other than a base standpoint of "Stealing is wrong", because even modern economists agree that the penny should be removed from out system and everything should be rounded up to the nearest multiple of 5.

Does this mean that stealing pennies is acceptable because they are unharmful?

Since you seem more interested in debate, allow me to pass on some of my experience with you. You should not attempt to logically rationalize certain moral beliefs. Instead, you should take religions approach, and assume that certain moral qualities are inherently true, such as that of murder and theft. Theft is not wrong because X, Y, and Z. Theft is inherently wrong. THAT is the stance that you need to take. When you logically rationalize why something is wrong, then by default you accidentally create situations where something is right.

You might be thinking about justifiable crimes, such as "Killing someone in self-defense". Those are fine points, but they should exist as exceptions to the definitive moral stance. So "theft is inherently wrong, but in situation X or Y, I understand it to be justifiable". It creates fewer gaps, I find.
>>
>>53659670
>If white heterosexual males lives or rights were in danger as much as, say, a transgendered person?
Moving the goalpost, now, are we?

It is not for you to say how much I consider my life and rights to be threatened, or to relativize my suffering or the suffering of my people, you just need to acknowledge that it's there and even if you do not see it, realize that it's there to us.

You may be blind to it due to your own privilege and social standing or cultural group, but it doesn't make it any less real to us, or give you any more of a right to infringe upon our rights in what is no doubt a slippery slope towards despotism and oppression.

>in the society that we live in now, straight white males with institutionalized power use that power to harm or opress those not of their demographic, sometimes even opressing those in their own demographic for exceedingly petty reasons.
Pure, unadulterated hate speech. You're a garbage human being for perpetuating these bold-faced lies and conspiracy theories of "patriarchy" and "institutionalized power".

The fact that you use these to excuse infringing on my rights and harm me personally as an individual by enforcing laws that force me to step aside, essentially cheating me as an individual out of a job and robbing my family of individuals from a livable wage makes you nothing short of a bigot.

You're so blind to your own privilege you can't even see how this harms us, as individuals, for things that we did not choose, nor are personally responsible for. You're an awful, awful person, and you and people like you deserve nothing but spite and ridicule, and what you stand for should be punishable by laws as interpreted by someone that doesn't subscribe to your current political flavour.
>>
>>53659830
You're making me yearn for the days when sodomy was just a sin and not a fucking species.
>>
>>53659764
>then you must also accept that "trans people exist in our game" is intrinsically linked with <crass in-group pandering under the guise of tolerance and which is ultimately detrimental both to society and to the trans individuals it purports to help>

No, I don't because there is no fucking reason to think that.

>because the justification for either one is as strong and neither of them are explicitly validated in the point of contention proper.

No, it fucking isn't. The statement can be summed up as "trans people exist, and it's OK to be them." There is absolutely no fucking reason to think it's anything more than a statement of that nature, and only a raving bigot takes the latter interpretation. The latter interpretation is on the level of assuming that any instance of a black protagonist is actually a subversive political statement.
>>
>>53651751
>Written by Monte Cook
>>
>>53658535
>If you'd know any viking history aside from what you get from Tumblr and the TV-show "Vikings", you'd know that Lagertha is most likely entirely fictional, and subject of nordic legend.
Like Ragnar.
>>
>>53659920
>any instance of a black protagonist is actually a subversive political statement.
It usually is. I can't really think of many that aren't.
>>
>>53659880
In what way are white heterosexual males oppressed in the developed world?

What, are you trying to conflate "I got called a jackass for being a bigot towards transpeople" with "trans people are murdered, sexually assaulted, and marginalized at staggering rates?"
>>
>>53659830
>If I steal a penny from you, then literally nobody would say that was harmful
Whether it be by stealth or coercion, the taking with intent to deprive of even a single penny of mine puts me in fear of losing more and more; reduces my security in home or in my own person. I wouldn't believe you for a single second that you'd stop at a penny; I'd be forced to take preventive measures lest I be victimized again. You bet your fucking ass I'd call it harmful.
>>
>>53659959
He's doing the 'argument' style where he reverses the positions and acts like it's at all clever
>>
>>53659603
>Stealing does, in fact, harm others.
Lolno. There is nothing given in that. I can steal things from you all day that won't harm you, especially if we consider "harm" as wishy-washy as the left usually does.

>In some conditions theft may
May. May. Maaaaaay.

Should kleptomania be considered socially acceptable behaviour rather than a mental illness, and be a potential defense for people that steal things, or that steal things of no significant value or that constitutes no harm to the individual?

Of course not.

>all kleptomaniacs may be thieves, not all thieves are kleptomaniacs
All thieves can claim to be kleptomaniacs.
>>
>>53659975
It's facetious and makes him look like a histrionic moron.

>>53659994
I like how you completely ignored the post that pointed out that mental illness that makes it so you can't comply with the law is met with compulsory treatment.

Being a dick to a kleptomaniac for being mentally ill is considered a shitty move, however you're still allowed to protect your stuff from theft.
>>
>>53659567
>Not this guy, but transsexuals/transgenders/whatever tend to stick together, if only to support each other.
Yes, obviously, which is part of why they get such a distorted world-view in so many cases, and why a lot of people that have no problem with these individuals as individuals still consider them a malignant cancer as a group and the degenerate cultural warfare repugnant.
>>
>>53659920
>No, I don't because there is no fucking reason to think that.
I could say the same for what you've suggested.
>The statement can be summed up as "trans people exist, and it's OK to be them."
You're mixing up fiction and reality again.

I don't think there's much point in trying to discuss this with you, because this post is pretty much just "I'm right you're wrong la la la" with a dash of buzzwords and /pol/ bogeyman.
>>
>>53659949
Fairly many Will Smith movies, movies set in the far future 80+ years in the future, though then they might use some other fantastical minority instead).
>>
>>53659567
>You could argue
That would still just make the art apolitical; the political dimension hinges on the person perceiving it and inferring a political meaning. It is not intrinsic to the art piece or art itself.
>>
>>53659921
Alright that got me
>>
>>53659973
you sound like a frightened bitch
>>
>>53660050
>I could say the same for what you've suggested.

You wouldn't be able to back it up, because there is a very clear link between that statement and "it's OK to be trans" but no clear link between your insane notions that it must be some variety of virtue signaling that makes things worse for trans people (somehow, acknowledging they exist makes things worse for them, what a bizarre thought).

>You're mixing up fiction and reality again.

But that is the meaning of the statement, holy fucking shit are you retarded?

>I don't think there's much point in trying to discuss this with you, because this post is pretty much just "I'm right you're wrong la la la" with a dash of buzzwords and /pol/ bogeyman.
>I can't back up any of my arguments, and rather than actually admit it, I'm going to slink away like the wretched coward I am.

Well, thanks for more evidence towards the theory of you being garbage.
>>
>>53659973
Ah, but now you're trying to guess at my thoughts and police them! You only have caught me stealing one penny, have you not? You're basing your argument on my intentions as opposed to my actions. Intentions which you have no proof of. I have only admitted to stealing a single penny, after all. I never said anything beyond that.

It sounds to me like you wish to do harm onto others for perceived slights against you that will become harmful to you later.

Welcome to the right.
>>
>>53659920
>The latter interpretation is on the level of assuming that any instance of a black protagonist is actually a subversive political statement.
But it is, anon, because all art is political. Hurr durr.

>>53659894
At this rate, the counter-cultural blowback will be so hard that we'll be there again, soon, don't worry, especially as western civilization and demographics are taking a nosedive.
>>
>>53660145
>At this rate, the counter-cultural blowback will be so hard that we'll be there again, soon, don't worry, especially as western civilization and demographics are taking a nosedive.
Honestly, if it can hold out until the boomers finish dying off, the blowback might not be too horrible.
>>
>>53659564
People in those cultures stand up for women as well as people of every sexual orientation and identity. And they often die for doing so. Meanwhile, the Republican Party is filled with people afraid to stand up because they might get voted out of office.
>>
>>53660145
I thought I'd never get to experience a life of thoughtful prayer and all you can eat altar boys on the public's dime.
>>
>>53659445
I used to think like this. Why do we support transition and tell trans people they're normal? We could be helping them suppress dysphoria so they can fit in easily and be happy in the body they were born into. If we treat them well, it should be okay, right?

The answer is, dysphoria is a medical condition, it's an illness of the brain. And currently the only cure we have is transition. Studies clearly show that training trans people to 'accept' their birth gender does not work. There is also some evidence that it's potentially dangerous. From what I can tell, trans people who are denied transition for long periods of time usually do not grow as people. They kill themselves. Those who don't live some pretty miserable lives. The individual will can get you to survive, but it will not, ever, fix the broken shit in your brain by itself. Meanwhile, more studies show that those who get treatment (by transitioning) benefit from much better mental health.

Considering the scientific evidence, I think it's pretty clear what's "help" and what isn't, and what we can and cannot afford to do. It would be nice if we could just get trans people to accept their birth gender, but we generally can't, so we should pick the option that costs less lives and generates less trauma. Unless you think the existence of trans people in society is so harmful, it's less preferable than them being mostly dead, in which case this argument is probably pointless.

I'm willing to link some sources if you would like.
>>
>>53660201
And those that transition still have the same suicide rate. All for naught.
>>
File: 1422320811606.gif (1011KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1422320811606.gif
1011KB, 500x269px
>>53660116
>there is a very clear link between that statement and "it's OK to be trans"
Not very clear at all to someone who's able to separate what happens in a game with what happens outside of it.
>but no clear link between your insane notions that it must be some variety of virtue signaling
About as clear as yours. It was certainly beyond an acknowledgement, and in a place it didn't quite belong.
>But that is the meaning of the statement
The statement says it's okay to play trans characters. Nothing else.

>more insults and buzzwords
Okay, I was responding in earnest but now I'm pretty sure I'm being baited.
>>
>>53659959
>In what way are white heterosexual males oppressed in the developed world?
Shit, someone else already posted the thing about going straight over the head. Goddamn, that's one of my favourite .gifs in situations like this.

The point is not the level of oppression, but that you are advocating harm against individuals, meanwhile advocating laws against voicing advocacy of harm against individuals.

I thought I was being pretty thorough, but apparently it someone still slipped past you.

>>53659975
>He's doing the 'argument' style where he reverses the positions and acts like it's at all clever
It's not intended to be clever, it's intended to make anon realize how retarded he is, because my reinterpretation of the stance is entirely legitimate. This is precisely why infringement on free speech is so fucking serious, because the interpretation is in the eye of the beholder, and as you people have demonstrated, sometimes the beholder is flat-out retarded and too occupied with navel-gazing to see the issues.

You are, in a very real and unironic way that in no way relates to my reversal, completely fucking blind to your own privilege.
>>
>>53660201
>The answer is, dysphoria is a medical condition, it's an illness of the brain.

I have no clue where or when I read it, but at one point I was made aware of a non-gender body dysphoria wherein peoples' brains can end up wired to not expect one of their arms, and having this thing attached to them that their brain thinks isn't supposed to be there just completely fucks up their mental state.
>>
>>53659830
Insignificant harm is still harm. On the other hand, it doesn't matter how much buttsex two consenting people are having, you're not getting hurt by it.
>>
>>53658391
What the fuck does "people like me" even refer to?
>>
>>53660253
I wasn't aware that 'stop treating gays/trans like shit' was harmful.

I am sorry for your nonexistent skin.

Now suck it up snowflake.
>>
>>53659880

>It is not for you to say how much I consider my life and rights to be threatened, or to relativize my suffering or the suffering of my people, you just need to acknowledge that it's there and even if you do not see it, realize that it's there to us.

See, this is actually the mentality that 4chan went after years ago with, of all people, the furries. "Someone told me to take off my costume MY PLIGHT IS EXACTLY THAT OF THE BLACK MAN"

It's a misaimed sense of prosecution where none exists. If a trans person was conflating drama about being opressed in a society where they were not MUCH more likely to be murdered for being trans, then maybe you'd have an argument.
>>
>>53660032
>I like how you completely ignored the post that pointed out that mental illness that makes it so you can't comply with the law is met with compulsory treatment.
Thread moves fast, I just missed it, and also, you're probably confusing me with some other anon, because I wasn't involved in then.

But either way, that's beside the point; the same treatment was given to sexual deviants, not that long ago. If you couldn't comply with the law and not be a dirty sodomite, you were met with compulsory treatment.

This was not arbitrary, but because the exhibited behaviour was considered harmful to society and the individuals within it, by promoting moral decay and antisocial behaviour.

Like the other anon mentioned, the example of kleptomania was intentionally extreme, but the comparison is still apt.
>>
>>53660253
>harm
When you're in power, equality really does seem like oppression, huh?
>>
>>53660201
That's fine and dandy until you find out the suicide rate is the same after transition.

Whoops.
>>
>>53660295
>you're not getting hurt by it.
Ah, but you're not the one who gets to decide what I am or am not hurt by. That's the entire basis of which oppression and harassment works on.
>>
>>53659362
>Because the writing staff wanted it to be. There is no further justification needed.
Clearly there is, since you're working very hard to justify it. The writers aren't exempt from criticism based on "they wanted it".

>Further normalization of the idea that trans people are deserving of basic human respect.
Nope. It does nothing of the sort. If anything, it calls them out as bearded snowflakes and victimizes them. Nothing here reads as something normal, and if it was normal, it wouldn't have to be mentioned, in the same way it's not mentioned that you could choose to play a man or a woman, and they could even be straight.
>>
>>53660226
>>53660392
This is usually a misquote of an existing paper that does not, in fact, study suicide rates after transition. There is a little blurb in the paper saying why, but people like to ignore it.

I've got a bunch of studies showing that transition seriously improves mental health. Would you guys like links?
>>
>>53660414
>Ah, but you're not the one who gets to decide what I am or am not hurt by
Not him personally no, but all of us collectively do. And you are very blatantly being a faggot right now.
>>
>>53659706
>But you already have those, you putz.
Yes, stop trying to take them away, you bigot. You're literally promoting violence against me and my rights. Not physical, maybe, but emotional, cultural violence. This is incredibly distressing.
>>
>>53660444
>but all of us collectively do
Actually, no. Only the person who is being harassed gets to decide what is and is not harassment. That's literally in every company's HR handbook and how the law operates off of when investigating harassment cases.
>>
>>53660247
>Not very clear at all to someone who's able to separate what happens in a game with what happens outside of it.

The book isn't something in game.

>About as clear as yours. It was certainly beyond an acknowledgement, and in a place it didn't quite belong.

You've yet to provide a reason to think that. It was literally just an acknowledgement that trans people exist.

>The statement says it's okay to play trans characters. Nothing else.

Which suggests, since the book exists within society, that it's OK to be trans.

>Okay, I was responding in earnest but now I'm pretty sure I'm being baited.

No, you're just a thin-skinned piece of shit.
>>
>>53660476
This is real life, not some company ass-covering against litigation.
>>
>>53658092
5e phb has a lot of superfluous art.
What you said isn't wrong, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.
What the anon you're replying to said is wrong, but functionally true in this context.
>>
>>53660499
>Companies aren't real life! Otherwise that might be damaging to my point!
You can claim that, but real people have been sued and/or sent to real prison over these "not real life" matters.
>>
>>53660414
Wow, you're really talking out of your ass, huh.
>>
>>53660521
Follow the chain, my premature friend. Follow the chain.
>>
>>53660392
Untrue.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885
>For the purpose of evaluating the safety of sex reassignment in terms of morbidity and mortality, however, it is reasonable to compare sex reassigned persons with matched population controls. The caveat with this design is that transsexual persons before sex reassignment might differ from healthy controls (although this bias can be statistically corrected for by adjusting for baseline differences). It is therefore important to note that the current study is only informative with respect to transsexuals persons health after sex reassignment; no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment as a treatment for transsexualism. In other words, the results should not be interpreted such as sex reassignment per se increases morbidity and mortality. Things might have been even worse without sex reassignment. As an analogy, similar studies have found increased somatic morbidity, suicide rate, and overall mortality for patients treated for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.[39], [40] This is important information, but it does not follow that mood stabilizing treatment or antipsychotic treatment is the culprit.

>>53660444
You don't get to speak for "all of us collectively", even if you do have trips.

>>53660477
The book details what is acceptable within a game. Evil-aligned characters are also an option but I'm pretty sure that's not reflective of what's accepted in real-life society.
>>
>>53659920
>No, I don't because there is no fucking reason to think that.
I love how your argument now aligns completely with his, but you're still completely fucking clueless to the point he's making. Your misinterpretation holds no greater validity than his misinterpretation; there *is* no intrinsic link except in your head.

>>53659948
>Like Ragnar.
No, Ragnar is not legendary. At least part of it is based on historical fact. The specifics are iffy, but Ragnar as a person almost certainly existed - he's not a mythological creation or a representative of such. Lagertha was.
>>
>>53660253
>but that you are advocating harm against individuals

Calling you garbage does not harm you, and it has nothing to do with you being a white heterosexual male, unless you're so retarded as to think being a raving bigot is a requirement. In which case you've went so far Alt-right as to come out full tumblr.

>meanwhile advocating laws against voicing advocacy of harm against individuals.

Point to exactly where I did that. I don't propose any laws beyond our current protections against assault, murder, and rape. The issue here is whether I support art that furthers the normalization of trans people.

>>53660340
>But either way, that's beside the point; the same treatment was given to sexual deviants, not that long ago. If you couldn't comply with the law and not be a dirty sodomite, you were met with compulsory treatment.

Yes, and? We changed it because the treatment didn't work.

>by promoting moral decay and antisocial behaviour.

Which was both arbitrary and baseless.

>but the comparison is still apt.

Not in the slightest. Theft can leave someone homeless and starving. Someone being trans cannot.
>>
>>53658790
>the world is already overpopulated
It is. Kill yourself.
>>
>>53660428
>Clearly there is, since you're working very hard to justify it. The writers aren't exempt from criticism based on "they wanted it".

But I haven't worked to justify it. I've just correctly pointed out that the only people who are triggered by "trans people exist and you can be one" are bigots.

>in the same way it's not mentioned that you could choose to play a man or a woman

It's been mentioned in several games that you can choose to be male or female and that it has no impact on your stats, as a means to further normalize the ideal of male and female equality, so your claim is bunk.
>>
>>53660555
>Conclusions

>Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

I'm sorry, what are you supposed to be disproving here?
>>
>>53660555
>Evil-aligned characters are also an option but I'm pretty sure that's not reflective of what's accepted in real-life society.

The book does not say that it is OK to be evil, in fact, it calls it evil and much of the game centers around fighting evil beings. There's a clear difference.

>>53660570
>the point he's making.

He. Has. No. Point. There's a clear link between "trans characters are OK" and "trans people are OK."
>>
>>53660612
>people that society shits on are more likely to kill themselves than people not getting shat on

You don't need a study to prove this.

Find a study that shows no meaningful change between pre-op and post-op rates, and maybe you'll be getting somewhere.
>>
>>53660612
>than the general population
Which was already true prior to sex reassignment.
>may not suffice
Doesn't mean "doesn't work".
>what are you supposed to be disproving here?
You haven't provided a source, so I can only make assumptions. This is the study people point to when making claims that transitioning increases or doesn't affect rate of suicide. I'm showing that the study doesn't actually speak to that particular statistic.

>>53660640
>There's a clear link between "trans characters are OK" and "trans people are OK."
There's a link just as clear between "I'm going to bring up trans characters in this rulebook" and "I'm going to preen for my friends by bringing up trans characters in this rulebook". You are assigning intent where none is visible; I can do the exact same thing.
>>
>>53660442
>>53660226
>>53660392
I guess I'm posting the links anyway, before I go to sleep. Here is a pastebin, with some excerpts from the study summaries.
https://pastebin.com/6ji3QT2M

Also, this is the study that's often cited as proof trans people are equally, or more likely to commit suicide after transition.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

The summary states:
"The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9)."

But news articles citing the study often leave out the part that follows in the paper:
"It is therefore important to note that the current study is only informative with respect to transsexual persons health after sex reassignment; no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment as a treatment for transsexualism. In other words, the results should not be interpreted such as sex reassignment per se increases morbidity and mortality. Things might have been even worse without sex reassignment."
>"As an analogy, similar studies have found increased somatic morbidity, suicide rate, and overall mortality for patients treated for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
>This is important information, but it does not follow that mood stabilizing treatment or antipsychotic treatment is the culprit."
(Emphasis mine)

Of course, I'm no scientist, so feel free to correct me if I've made any mistakes.
>>
>>53660537
I did, and the chain leads straight up your ass. Because that's not how harassment works in the slightest. Not legally, probably not at most companies. Some might put it in the rules so if one of their employees does something wrong then they're protected from a lawsuit, although I'd love to see it. Hell, the fact that you're posting this and nobody is knocking on your door is proof that you're full of crap. You could walk down the street screaming racist epithets and cops wouldn't touch you.

Now, let's just call that a quirk of the law and say it's still harmful. Ok. All that goes away once you're in private. You screaming hateful shit is no longer harmful if you're in your own home, or hotel room, or something like that. Because there's nobody it's harming.

If a couple of gay dudes break into your house and start buttfucking in front of you, or invite you over so you'll walk in on them buttfucking, then we can talk about harm.
>>
>>53660573
>Calling you garbage does not harm you
Yes it does, but I wasn't referring to that, but rather voicing support for policies that risk actually harming me as an individual, such as affirmative action or really just any kind of advocacy beyond what applies to white heterosexual males in particular, since it by it's very nature means potential harm to individuals that fits that bill.

>it has nothing to do with you being a white heterosexual male
Of course it does, it has everything to do with that. In fact, the entire example hinges on it.

>Point to exactly where I did that.
Here onwards:
>Problem with this logic is who gets to decide what constitutes a hateful action against another person or culture?
After which I raised the issue of hate speech, after which you engaged in a triathlon of mental gymnastics 101 in order to defend your own highly personal interpretation of what should constitute hate and therefore hate speech.

I see that my attempts at making you see your own massive hypocrisy has been for naught.

>>53660573
>Yes, and? We changed it because the treatment didn't work.
Much like gender reassignment surgeries generally do not benefit the one that gets it? The suicide rate remains extremely high.

>Which was both arbitrary and baseless.
The same could potentially be said about kleptomania or theft. What you describe as a given isn't, which is the whole point.

>Not in the slightest. Theft can leave someone homeless and starving. Someone being trans cannot.
Can. Can. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

And encouraging people with mental health issues to indulge in them and their insecurities can make them kill themselves. Can.
>>
>>53660414
>literally "your rights end where my feelings begin"
>>53660838
>The same could potentially be said about kleptomania or theft.
>could could could could could
>assfucking in the privacy of your own home is as bad as going out and stealing shit from other people
This is why social conservatives are garbage.
>>
>>53660606
>the only people who are triggered by "trans people exist and you can be one" are bigots.
Except those people do not exist. It's just a strawman created by yourself. You're so full of hate that you cannot even consider others as anything other than this mental construct you've created to beat on, so you don't have to consider other viewpoints.

>It's been mentioned in several games that you can choose to be male or female and that it has no impact on your stats
>as a means to further normalize the ideal of male and female equality
You're making unfounded claims of intrinsic connections again, it's like you can't even help yourself. That being said, this is normally a rules clarification, not a cringe-section like the one discussed. Since sex is a physical expression, it bears clarification as the rules do not conform to generally accepted reality.

The very idea that gender identity or sexual orientation should have a mechanical impact upon your physical representation in the game world is so absurd that addressing it would be similarly absurd.
>>
>>53660663
>>people that society shits on are more likely to kill themselves than people not getting shat on
Except studies show that transgenders who exist in areas where nobody makes ANY mention of their transgenderism and are generally accepted have the same suicide rate which indicates that it's not an acceptance issue.
>>
>>53660917
>Except those people do not exist. It's just a strawman created by yourself.
Look, I found one: >>53659894
>>
>>53660821
>I did, and the chain leads straight up your ass
Hahahahaha, if that's how you start it off, I'm not even going to bother reading.
>>
>>53660640
>There's a clear link between "trans characters are OK" and "trans people are OK."
You don't seem to know how citation works. Normally, when you cite something, between the citation marks, you repeat what has been said, in the manner it has been said, with the meaning it's been said, as to not misrepresent the positions given.

It's hard, I know, but try, just for a second, to not pull things straight out of your ass.
>>
>>53660948
>I can't respond to anything you sai, but fortunately you insulted me so I can just strut off and pretend I'm taking the higher ground
>>
>>53660295
>you're not getting hurt by it.
You do not get to decide what is harmful to me or my people. Check your privilege.
>>
>>53661029
Ah, the classic "I can't say anything so I'm going to shitpost" response.
>>
>>53660933
Different anon here. Do you have a link?
>>
>>53660320
You're still missing the fucking point, you insufferable faggot. The point is that this is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Your nonsense could easily be turned against you at a moment's notice, which is part of why we consider it to be complete fucking nonsense.
>>
>>53659410
That's fair, but it's just as RAW as trannies being included. If you can not get salty that thats in the books, why would you get salty that trannies are?
>>
>>53661067
>Ah, the classic
Yes, employed by cultural marxists everywhere. This comes up pretty much any time it's pointed out that people are bitching about nothing. That and how blind you are to your own privilege, you're so blind to it you claim that you don't even have it, and this is evidence of your privilege.

The very fact that you question the harm being done and casting doubt on our feelings is just evidence of how bigoted you are.

This feeling, this feeling of "Oh for fucks sake, get real", that right there is exactly how we feel every fucking time this bullshit crops up.
>>
>>53660821
Your disparagement of my mental anguish over the fact that others are buttfucking in the safety of their own homes is an emotional shoa. You insensitive bastard.

Oh, also, see
>>53660035
>a lot of people that have no problem with these individuals as individuals still consider them a malignant cancer as a group and the degenerate cultural warfare repugnant.

Let me tell you a secret: Nobody cares about your buttfucking until you decide to advertise it. Nobody.
>>
File: 1385911397160.png (13KB, 255x216px) Image search: [Google]
1385911397160.png
13KB, 255x216px
>>53661254
>Let me tell you a secret: Nobody cares about your buttfucking until you decide to advertise it. Nobody.
So what you're saying is that "your rights end where my feelings begin" was a rhetorical device, and what you're *really* arguing is "your rights end where my feelings begin"?
>>
>>53660944
No, no more than you're making me yearn for a holocaust for all fags. This does not make me one of your strawmen, just a normal dude tired of your galloping retardation. In committing all of those fags to ashes, hopefully you'll go along with them, and I'll consider it a fair trade just to see you go.
>>
>>53661310
No, I'm saying that your rights don't end where my feelings begin, and that you don't get to decide that your fee-fees are more important than anyone elses.

This should be obvious by now, but we already concluded that you're retarded.
>>
>>53661087
http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf
Same report that found out they have a 41% suicide rate. Page 9.

Transgenders who reported that they were never identified or outted as transgender still had a 36% rate of suicide compared to people who were ALWAYS outted as transgender at 42%. While there is an 8 percentile difference, please keep in mind that the rest of the human population averages about a 1.6% suicide attempt rate.
>>
This is just me getting the last word in.

You're all faggots.
>>
>>53661440
HA HA! LAST LAUGH!
>>
File: backpedaling34.jpg (33KB, 272x256px) Image search: [Google]
backpedaling34.jpg
33KB, 272x256px
>>53661347
>>
>>53661184
Except there is no harm in your case. In the cases you're whining about there is a harm, you just don't care. Know how easy it is to tell the difference?

Answer this simple question: What harm?
>>
Page 10 boys, which side is gonna end up winning by virtue of getting the last post?

My money is on the faggots.
>>
>>53661519
The ride never ends.
>>
>>53661459
see
>>53659880
>you use these to excuse infringing on my rights and harm me personally as an individual by enforcing laws that force me to step aside, essentially cheating me as an individual out of a job and robbing my family of individuals from a livable wage

But more importantly, the point is that you don't get to define what constitutes harm to me, by virtue of the same argument in how I apparently do not get to define what constitute harm to someone else, whether they're actually harmed or not, which is often the subject of the discussion in which these nonsense "arguments" crop up.
>>
>>53661451
No backpedaling. You're just too retarded to see your own hypocrisy. My point was consistent all along, and intended to showcase just how easily the argument is twisted and used against you.
>>
>>53661561
>enforcing laws that force me to step aside, essentially cheating me as an individual out of a job
I thought that only applied to darkies.
>>
>>53661592
You'd hope so, yeah.
>>
>>53661561
Except that none of that is true. You aren't being locked out of anything, and you don't get to decide what is and isn't harm. Ostracism is harm. Oppression is harm. Harassment is harm. The fact that you don't recognize an action as causing those harms doesn't mean they're just making those harms up.

So how are you being oppressed?
>>
>>53660838
I never advocated for hate speech laws. I think you should be allowed to make as much of a toxic moron of yourself as you want, so we can criticize you more effectively in the open. Since pushing shit like that underground just encourages its radicalization.

>The suicide rate remains extremely high.

According to one study, that didn't even deal with the issue, which is contradicted by several that point to improvements in their general quality of life.

>>53660900
This. Literally nothing else needs to be said.
>>
>>53661427
Interesting, thank you.

To be honest, I think there are reasons trans people commit almost as much suicide before and after transitioning, unrelated to being outed or the intrinsic properties of transition. Since, well, treatment could be improved in many ways (especially re: chemical imbalance), and I think it's reasonable to assume past pressure and trauma can still get to you, even after transition and despite not being outed. So I'm still in favor of spreading acceptance and allowing transition, especially if it becomes safer in the future.

But this is still useful to know, and I appreciate the fact you posted the link.
>>
>>53661641
Man, I gotta get in on this. Is liking traps gay enough to get me a slice of those gibs?
>>
>>53660917
>Except those people do not exist. It's just a strawman created by yourself.

Except that's exactly what's happened in this thread and several others like it. The very mention that trans people exist has triggered them into copious shitposting.

>You're making unfounded claims of intrinsic connections again, it's like you can't even help yourself.

Actually, this one is factual, since it was specifically bucking a trend in some old games of providing mechanical differences to stats based on gender.
>>
>>53661694
>Except that's exactly what's happened in this thread and several others like it
No. Only in your head. You're so far up your own ass that you can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel that is your stretched anus.

>Actually, this one is factual, since it was specifically bucking a trend in some old games of providing mechanical differences to stats based on gender.
Actually, that was my point, not yours. You were making the unfounded claim that this was "further normalize the ideal of male and female equality", when it is, in fact, of mechanical relevance precisely because it clashes with reality and the simulationist norm or goal that was previously common.

The same is not true for gender identity or sexual orientation. There was never mechanical effects for that, and it does not deviate from reality as we know it. Addressing it is therefore absurd, and what is *actually* normal is never addressed in that same manner.
>>
>>53656739
please provide the number of references you deem to be "large" enough to be used as a justification.

go to examples count, and the fact that they exist as "go-to examples" sorta invalidates your claims of not being relevant or justifiable.

if these examples are so profound as to stay with us across cultures and history, they must have been important or significant enough to warrant being remembered.

also, you're a dick.
>>
>>53657033
>Do you think trans people choose to join a demographic that's subject to staggering levels of physical and sexual violence for attention?

Are you kidding? They'd do anything for attention.
>>
>>53661812
Go ask our friends at /pol/ if it's OK for someone to be trans. See how the thread goes.
>>
>>53661835
>please provide the number of references you deem to be "large" enough to be used as a justification.
50%.
>>
>>53657033
>Refusal of Holmgang or outlawry after an accusation of argr was considered to be proof that the accuser was correct in making the accusation; this isn't new information, it's not my fault you don't know the basic history of the people you're championing as your "heritage."
So, you can't actually give a source, then, can you? Unsurprising.
>>
>>53661984
Men are only 49% of the planets population tho.
>>
>>53662029
They run 100% of the world tho.
>>
>>53661894
There is going some overlap in the demographics because attention whores are everywhere, but attention whores are not the same thing as the people with actual dysphoria.

>>53662029
Well there you have it, men aren't real. Job well done, thread.
>>
>>53661998
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergi

Five seconds on Google. Enjoy your spoonfeeding.

>disputing the validity of the source in 3, 2, 1...
>>
>>53662044
I ain't bein political, im just saying by his metric men shouldn't exist in fantasy settings either. And even if it was an even men/women split, because trannies no one should be represented by his logic. He put himself in a no-win situation.
>>
>>53661835
>if these examples are so profound as to stay with us across cultures and history, they must have been important or significant enough to warrant being remembered.
We remember a lot. Most of it is shit. And most of the examples aren't even that remembered, or of meaningful cultural relevance. The fact that something is still there or that someone believes themselves to potentially know something as part of an interpretation means fucking nothing. It's not "profound".

Nevermind that most of the examples were in no way indicative of some kind of acceptance or relevance of "alternative gender identities". I still haven't gotten an explanation as to why the fuck Ymir was listed, and many others were just straight-up bullshit.
>>
>>53661894
You've been spending too much time on /lgbt/— I mean, /tttt/.
>>
>>53662044
>They run 100% of the world tho.
How's that victimhood complex treating you?
>>
>>53662083
Oh I just threw out a random number to bait you. The thread is auto-saging on page 10 and the discussion has drastically changed since then.
>>
>>53662057
Ah, yes, this is definitely evidence of the story which you are telling, and not just an article on a cultural legal framework of the scandinavian iron age.

Oh, no, wait, this doesn't relate at all, you're just fucking retarded. Haha, anon, almost got me.
>>
>>53653018
You mean the lore on Corellon Larethian thats been there since Faerun's inception?
>>
>>53662112
That's fair. I was anticipating that you meant half as many, as opposed to half the total, and chose the obtuse interpretation to fuck around a bit while the thread died.
>>
>>53662057
>galloping faggot
>phoneposting
>links to completely irrelevant article
What a big fucking surprise. 3 out of 3.
>>
>>53662141
1) Not the same person.

2) Look at those goalposts fly.

3) Loki scolds Odin, claiming he takes a woman's form to fuck men. Odin doesn't challenge Loki. Under Norse law refusing to answer a scolding with a challenge means you admit the scolding is true. QED, Odin admitted he's taking the form of a woman to fuck men.
>>
>>53662057
This does not relate at all to Loki "calling out" or accusing Odin of anything. The relevant passage in Lokasenna, The Flyting of Loki, relates to Loki accusing Odin of practicing magic like a sorceress, not bedding men while transformed into a woman, nor does disregarding an (implied, to boot, not explicit) accusation of argi imply tacit acceptance of the allegation as true - a refusal to holmgång would, but no such formal accusation is made.

It's basically two lines that doesn't even say what you think it does. You're pulling everything straight out of your ass. This is why you people are hated; you can't seem to stand people being normal, so everything has to be reinterpreted and presented as being as big faggots as you are.

Odin is not your shield.
>>
>>53662275
[citation needed]

Still looking for that source on this shit.

Also, not moving any goalposts. It's the exact same one as before, you just suck at actually getting close to them.
>>
>>53662275
Do you seriously believe that Odin, the head of the Nordic Pantheon of the Aesir, would be explicitly described as accepting an accusation of behaving like a woman, a crime punishable by being branded an outlaw?

Also, doesn't the fact that this even existed as a law and cultural practice just reinforce his point that the vikings had extremely strong gender roles and that the expectations and behaviours of the two genders were explicit and not at all ambiguous?

If a man acting like a woman can be punished by being branded an outlaw, and the mere accusation is enough to warrant holmgang, which were often fatal for both involved, I can't imagine that a woman acting like a man was much better off, socially speaking.
>>
>>53662093
I've never been on any other board except /tg.
>>
>>53662468
Nobody has denied the existence of gender roles you dingus.

Also Odin was king of the gods, and something of a terrifying lunatic, why would he respond?
>>
>>53662275
>>53662368
>>53662468
To add to this, this is during an event where Loki is specifically jealous of the praise given to the servants at a feast, and starts accusing many of the present gods and goddesses of various things, including accusing Freya of having slept with everyone in the hall. None of this is "tacitly accepted" or automatically constitutes guilt when disregarded or unaddressed, and Loki ends up being thrown out of the feast once Thor gets there.

Furthermore, Odin could never challenge Loki to holmgang (even if that would be a thing practiced by the deities, which it really isn't) because they are blood-brothers. This is much like a family member making an ass of himself at a feast, or a younger brother that calls you a faggot.

To claim this as an example of Nīþ or Ergi is ridiculous, and to take Loki's accusations as true is nothing short of retarded.
>>
>>53662368
>>53662380
I don't have a dog in this fight. You said he didn't provide a source that refusal to challenge was an admission. I provided one. Fuck if I know what Loki accused Odin of, but that's not what you were questioning. But the fact that Odin is supposed to respond to the accusation by demanding holmgang.

>>53662468
He's not explicitly described as accepting it. He's implicitly described as accepting it.

And while it does show strong gender roles, it also shows that those gender roles were transitory, that a man could be made into a woman. It also shows that that the Chief God was one of those men acting like a women, so exceptions could clearly be made.
>>
File: jazzy rats.gif (1020KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
jazzy rats.gif
1020KB, 480x270px
>>53655749

>there are people in this thread who think those with a mental illness should be treated as if their illness wasn't all in their head and incredibly damaging and unhealthy

That's the same thing as giving dieting advice and surgery to anorexics to make them even thinner, because in their mind they are too fat.
>>
>>53662719
>implying Freya didn't sleep with everyone in the hall.
>>
>>53662554
>Nobody has denied the existence of gender roles you dingus.
Follow the chain of replies. The claim was that Odin was an example of a cultural icon in mythology that challenged gender roles, and the nature of gender relations in nordic culture, and this situation was used as "evidence" of Odin dressing up like a woman and bedding men, and the "fact" that Odin did not refute the accusation (which anon presented as a "call-out") was said to be tacit acceptance.

All of that is one big bundle of utter bullshit. From the story itself, to the implications, all the way to the tacit acceptance of the accusations as true.
>>
>>53658553
My own.
>>
>>53658553
There is and always will be the -4 to max STR.
>>
>>53662780
I mean, it's possible. But it should be noted that Frey called him a liar and that he was going to be punished for angering everyone, one day.

And he was.
>>
>>53662808
Bare minimum, he took on a woman's role by using women's magic, which is enough to get you declared a woman.
>>
File: attention.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
attention.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>>53662093
>>53662047
>>
>>53662808
Where did they deny the existence of gender roles? Point it out with exact quotes please.

Also by practicing that form of magic he absolutely did challenge their gender roles.
>>
>>53658553
I give women a +2 to strength just to piss aspies off.
>>
>>53660499
>US law isn't real life.
>libertarian.

Get your head checked man.
>>
File: the fate of all female parties.jpg (244KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
the fate of all female parties.jpg
244KB, 1280x857px
>>53662868
>implying you don't do it to promote an all female party for your magical realms
>>
>>53662779
That's actually a great point. Mental illnesses should be treated, especially in such a way that reveals that perceived self image is just that. A perception, and that reality is in fact far more important. Trying to promote perceptions over truth is incredibly harmful.
>>
>>53662912
Men pretending to be women isn't my magical realm. I mean, do I LOOK like a Norseman?
>>
>>53662960
I don't judge people by their appearance, do you self identify as a magical Norseman?
>>
>>53662746
>You said he didn't provide a source that refusal to challenge was an admission.
No I didn't. I never questioned the existence of holmgang or ergi, or the implications relating to that. That being said, more importantly, no such challenge was made.

>He's not explicitly described as accepting it. He's implicitly described as accepting it.
No. This simply does not happen. It should also be noted that Odin, in fact, in turn accuses Loki of being unmanly, in a much clearer fashion than any veiled accusations made by Loki himself (such as practicing sorcery).

>it also shows that those gender roles were transitory, that a man could be made into a woman
Not in any way. Even if Loki or Odin would be a woman at some point, this was never a transitory state, nor did it change who they were in any way. Quite the opposite, they are more described as if taking the form of something completely different. You can just as well argue the species to be shown as transitory, because "a man could be made into a horse".

>It also shows that that the Chief God was one of those men acting like a women
No; any time they act as women as part of the stories, it is a source of derision, jest, or humor.
>>
>>53662863
>Where did they deny the existence of gender roles? Point it out with exact quotes please.
Nobody denied the *existence* of gender roles, they denied the implications. Start here: >>53657572

>Also by practicing that form of magic he absolutely did challenge their gender roles.
No. See previous link.
>>
>>53662995
Loki is unmanly, though. He gave birth. And by transitory, I don't mean Shapeshifting. I mean "legally declared a woman." Or "engaging in actions that could get one legally declared a woman." Like using women's magic. Or possibly fucking men, although I make no claims about that.
>>
>>53662957
>Trying to promote perceptions over truth is incredibly harmful.
The promotion of perceptions over truth literally forms the foundation of modern Western society.
>>
File: rock hard.jpg (223KB, 700x756px) Image search: [Google]
rock hard.jpg
223KB, 700x756px
>>53662912
>>53662960
Talking about Magical Realms is my magical realm.
>>
>>53663050
>No. See previous link.
[citation needed]. It's a fine chain of logic to say that it's OK for him to use magic because he's the Allfather, but where's your proof the Norse agree with you?
>>
>>53662957

We currently lack the capability to rewire brains, which is kinda problematic when the issue at play is that some people got shitty luck in the fetal development lottery and ended up with a brain that's wired to expect bits they don't have.

So basically we can either stuff them with fucktons of drugs to try and offset the unpleasantness of your brain trying to deal with things it think should/shouldn't be there, or try and tweak their body to match what their brain expects, because we CAN at least halfway manage that.
>>
>>53663090
>modern
Who are you, that do not know your history?
>>
>>53662779
never thought about it that way
>>
>>53663050
I want exact quotes. You claimed they denied the existence of gender roles (actually you stated the existence of them as though someone had). Nobody has denied their implications either.
>>
>>53663110
In everything else that has been stated, and in the stories themselves. Again, every time things like this comes up, ti's a source of derision, from when Thor had to dress up like a woman to when Loki was used as a mare by Svadilfare.

The tone in Loki's accusations is more serious, but never does he actually state that Odin sleeps with men in the guise of a woman, nor does Odin implicitly accept the accusation - like with all the accusations, the next character starts speaking, scolding Loki for his accusations, at which point Loki in turn accuses them of something heinous.

It's basically a story of Loki: Local Shithead Ruins Party. Everything originally claimed by the original SJW is bullshit. Which is likely why said SJW failed to actually give the source - it was all pulled straight out of xir's ass.
>>
>>53653018
I think Pathfinder has something similar to that in one of their core books, but I can't remember.
If it's not in the book I know the developers have a very similar philosophy about inclusiveness and such.
>>
>>53663090
>The promotion of perceptions over truth literally forms the foundation of modern Western society.
There's a reason it's fucking dying.
>>
>>53663176
>I want exact quotes.
>You claimed they denied the existence of gender roles
No. I want an exact quote of that, because I never did.
>>
>>53663204
Except the thing about Holmgang. Prove that Odin couldn't challenge Lori. Prove that the Norse didn't consider Odin to be transgressions gender roles (keep in mind many of his names translate to some variety of "bonkers").

I misremembered a story. Sue me.
>>
>>53663244
You repeatedly state that this implies the Norse had gender roles as though someone were contesting it.
>>
>>53663244
Also where is anyone denying the implications of gender roles? For that matter, what implications?
>>
>>53658026
The one time I helped a friend of mine run a session of FF Star Wars the narrative dice was actually really fun. We just stuck to the examples given in the book of what you can spend threats and advantages on and it worked pretty well.
>>
>>53662779
Anorexics think their thin bodies are fat. Transgender people know their male bodies are male. That's the problem.

If you could help anorexics by surgically altering them to be fat, then letting them lose that weight, I'd absolutely support fattening surgery as a treatment for anorexia.
>>
File: 1406412812955.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1406412812955.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
>>53663136
Fuck off pal, the Divide was never good.

>>53663226
I mean modern in the historical sense, not the bogeyman-du-jour sense. Does the phrase "certain unalienable rights" ring a bell? Polite fictions grease the wheels of civilization. It's an optimization problem, not a one-way road.
>>
>>53663264
Oh for fucks sake, read the fucking texts instead of making shit and pulling fairy-tales out of your ass. Here they are, in both Swedish and English:
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/wyrd/lokasenna.html
http://runeberg.org/eddan/se-08.html

Could Odin have challenged the claim? Yes, yes he could've. But it wouldn't have been the same story if he did. It's a specific scenario that is being described, and the entire thing follows a given pattern.

Furthermore, read up on what this would actually entail. You link to Wikipedia, but you apparently don't read the articles and the relevant articles it refers to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%AB%C3%BE

Not only is Loki Odin's blood-brother, but Loki never formally accuses Odin of anything. They're literally a group of people bickering around a table, at a feast. You're reaching so hard you seem to be pulling shit out of other people's asses.

Also, it is impossible to prove a negative. You claim the existence of something, you prove that it exists. I have never found anything that implies what you suggest.
>>
>>53663163
That's because it's a shitty comparison. Play along with an anorexic, they die. Invariably. No exceptions - they either starve to death or get treatment. Play along with a trans person, and sometimes they die, but often they don't, and often they're happier.
>>
>>53663285
>You repeatedly state that this implies the Norse had gender roles as though someone were contesting it.
I'm not seeing that exact quote you claimed I was doing that you wanted an exact quote of. The issue was the implications of gender roles; nobody said that there were no gender roles whatsoever, nor did I ever imply that anyone did.

>>53663306
Start here: >>53657050
>>
>>53663487
>often they're happier
Rarely. They're rarely happier.

Playing into people's delusions is rarely healthy for anyone involved, and giving someone affirmation in their delusions at an early stage feeds their delusion and makes it worse, whereas otherwise they might work their way past their confusion.

It's very much like telling a depressed person that yes, they're trash.
>>
>>53663391
>I mean modern in the historical sense
So did I. Modernism is the culture-killing cancer.
>>
>>53663525
>start here

Stop weaseling out of it.
>>
>>53663591
>t. abdul al-jihadi bin akbar
>>
>>53663575
Another shit example, anon. You're really bad at this.
>>
>>53663648
>Stop weaseling out of it.
I'm literally linking you straight to it.
>>
>>53662779
You're exactly right. Trannies should just be told that if they're born men, they're men. Anorexics should be told they're too skinny and to eat food. Simple.
>>
>>53663720
yep
doing anything else is just rewarding and reinforcing mental illness
>>
>>53663720
Doesn't work, dumbass.
>>
>>53663739
And people with broken legs should be told to walk it off.
>>
>>53663748
No, therapy does help. Surgery and coddling doesn't.
>>
>>53663714
In what way did he deny "the implications" (which you haven't explained) of gender roles?
>>
>>53663791
>implying broken legs are a self perception mental illness

I see you're not just mentally ill, but also full on retarded.
>>
>>53663795
Except surgery does sometimes help, but therapy to convince trans people they're their birth sex never does.
>>
>>53663795
Prove it.
>>
>>53663720
>>53663739
This
>>
>>53663816
You're proposing just telling people who are sick to just get better. It's just as effective as telling people with broken legs to walk if off, and about as compassionate.
>>
>>53663720
>>53663739
>>53663852
Boy this board has a lot of medical science professionals.
>>
>>53663880
No, I'm proposing treating self perception mental illnesses as what they are.

You're pretending they're not.
>>
>>53651957
If there was ever a time 4chan didn't just get angry at made up people getting angry over something, it's ancient history.
Thread posts: 556
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.