[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 483
Thread images: 62

File: beach house.jpg (105KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
beach house.jpg
105KB, 500x334px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Where have your characters gone? Where will they go next?

Unified /pgg/ link repository: https://pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread: >>53634294
>>
>>53639106
>satyr
>assume my identity
Yeah, nothing of value lost here.
>>
/pgg/, do you have any good site for random encounters/loot tables/anything?

i got Vornheim, that has some pretty good ones, but i'm craving for more.
>>
>>53639122
>I applied with a non-normal race and I talked to the GM about it. He said if I could sell him on the idea, he'd be fine with it!
And did you sell him?

>>53639141
>someone doesn't like what I like
ooh no how shall I live
>>
>>53639159
I'd like to think I did, anon! He gave me lots of advice and I changed my app to sort it!
>>
Initiate operation: Reddit takes over this thread.
>>
>>53639089
To a spaceship in the bottom of the sea, and next? Who knows, maybe a nice hot springs or something.
>>
>>53639178
>he doesn't tell us what he made
>he doesn't tell us what advice
>he doesn't tell us what change
Anon pls fix
>>
>>53639089
>Where have your characters gone?
The shelf, collecting dust
>Where will they go next?
Trash bin
>>
>>53639188
Oo, well, you see anon, I made a Kobold Sorceress! She was originally related to a dragon, but it turns out dragons are super rare, so I adjusted. He also gave me general writing advice. Fun.

Also, I'm happy to just have contributed, and it was a lot of fun just writing the kobold.
>>
>>53639089
Where has the GM gone might be a better question
>>
>>53639089
First one is in ancient ruins and going to slightly less ancient ruins

Second one is in backwater hillbilly community in the land of Conan the Spacebarbarian vs. Invader robots and going to a tower that seems to have an asphyxiation fetish.

Third one is in a forest going to the middle of the forest.
>>
>>53639230
>He also gave me general writing advice.
>Also, I'm happy to just have contributed
t. the GM
>>
>>53639270
>rolling this badly on Knowledge (pfg)
Wew lad
>>
>>53639293
>implying he wasn't one to self-shill
what is THE GREATEST SANDBOX EXPERIENCE
>>
>>53639339
[citation needed]
>>
>>53639230
>>53639178

So... I a sense you gotta suck his cock, I guess
>>
>>53639360
>implying the whole "chaotic horny" stereotype isn't some bullshit made up by overreacting autists on this very website
>implying you got to write them like that in a homebrew
I think that we can tell that if wanted them he could put them in. Something tells me there's more to it than "you guys aren't conforming to the setting".
>>
>>53639403
If you think "talking to the gm, listening to his advice and adapting to it" equates to fellating the GM, then I guess we must all be prancing la-la homo men here
>>
>>53639555
Anon, what I'm saying is, when it's something that fellates him, that counts as "adapting advice", when it's something that doesn't, sounds like it counts as shitting up the setting.

Don't tell me you've not seen those kinds, it's a plague on homebrews.
>>
File: 3203092963023697.jpg (42KB, 641x361px) Image search: [Google]
3203092963023697.jpg
42KB, 641x361px
So! How was your weekend, /pgg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>53639677
My game bamboozled.

So I'm considering applying to another.

But in truth I'm pretty depressed, and I just want to play the same character again. And there aren't any games that seem cool with that.
>>
My session cancelled after a half-session the week before.

I'm like 90% sure it'll just fizzled out into these non-sessions and short sessions but it's too early to bail without looking like a jerk.
>>
>>53639677
I've been enjoying my games when they actually manage to get together. Since this is probably the last time we are going to play in Pathfinder for the foreseeable future (it's just too big of a clusterfuck). I decided to roll with the most meme-tier god wizard imaginable.
>>
>>53639677
I played a game of pathfinder and buried my grandfather
>>
What's the most unique dungeon you've visited/run? What's the most fun? The toughest? Why?
>>
File: t3UmUcs.jpg (106KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
t3UmUcs.jpg
106KB, 900x562px
>>53639827

I'm sorry for your loss, anon.
>>
>>53639827
>>53639730
It seems we're all quite depressed today.
>>
>>53639677
>>53639688
The game I ran feel apart because One player had to leave and the other three had some personal drama that boiled over.

Now I'm in an awkward situation because two of those three are both looking to start running games of their own without each other and both expect me, their mutual friend, to join.

On the other hand, the other game I still run and the game I still play in are both as fun as ever and exciting things are on the horizons for both.
>>
>>53639089
>West of House
>Go East
>>
>>53639677
>Slashed open a teammate's clothing
>Got screwed over by some fucking incense
>Fucking dogs start yelling
>Everybody fails their saves
>MFW
At least my other game went well
>>
>>53639993
500 posts worth of celeb infighting will do that to you, anon.
>>
>>53639677
I just don't know anymore, Fennec. I just don't know. I've been living a lie for the last 5 years, and I just can't continue it. But where do I go from here? I'm old, Fennec, too old to remake myself and too isolated to find someone to help. I've never considered ending it all, but I'm getting pretty damn close. I don't know if my games are the thing keeping me going, or yet another stressor in my life. I want to find out, but I'm afraid of the answer.

Sessions went well!
>>
>>53639827
.......this begs the question, of course, as to whether or not you're going to dig him back up.
>>
>>53640018
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
If you need help, anon, you can reach out.
>>
>>53639996
What sort of game you running?

>>53640014
I literally just want to find a good group where to play my character without everyone losing their shit or something. Please.
>>
>>53639677
Nearly killed my party after I fucked up the math on some ice elementals.

But it's all good now
>>
>>53640072
Everyone knows everyone these days, if someone wants to run a campaign they need only PM the people they know. That is how you kill memery.
>>
>>53640018
No such thing as too old. It's the depression that's getting to your head, it makes you think like that, and *feel* old, because it destroys your adrenalin production and other things like serotonin etc.

Consider doing lots of sports, taking the sun, therapy, all that. Depression is a real, physically observable illness that can actually be cured, any modern doctor with an MRI will tell you.

All in all I'm going to tell you that it still takes a bit of willpower and you got to unfuck yourself, so to speak.
>>
>>53640029
He was old, weak and painfully christian, I doubt he'd make a good minion.

He'll get to have his grave to himself.
>>
>>53640111
The thing is: half of last group didn't like me because they were really, really thin-skinned.

I don't actually do memes and I am dedicated to games, I really really do like roleplay so you'll see me asking for it all the time, but they chose to care about how they couldn't own up to their own insecurities when I was here. I'm sure I'm not perfect but I'm just not gonna take it; in the end, no game and I'm suffering from this, I won't hide it.

I'm just so sick and tired of people who just judge.

There was someone that was quite alright though and I'm happy I met her. I wish we had similar timezones so we could more easily plan something together, maybe.
>>
>>53639677
Terrible. Like always. Also I might have cancer, so that's going to be fun.

I fucking hate everything.
>>
File: obama_laughing.jpg (72KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
obama_laughing.jpg
72KB, 400x306px
>party kineticist reliably deals out 20-30 damage per round
>at level 5

Yeah this class is "underpowered," sure whatever you say /pfg/. They are regularly defeating encounter 3 to 4 levels above them with this character dealing >75% of their damage. Every. Single. Round. But because a wizard gets a few SoDs per day that probably won't even work, and because they get "muh utility," they are so much stronger.
>>
>>53640230
Cancer is the one reason to go vegan, because everything the cancer needs to grow is in non-vegan diet. It slows the cancer grown significantly. And I'm not saying veganism is good or healthy - it's merely nutritional fact that the cancer cells use the same fuel as your body uses to grow, and vegan diet gives your body nutrition without feeding the cancer cells.
>>
>>53640227

Was this an online game?
>>
>>53640282
>Only 30 damage at 5
pfffffft
>>
>>53639923
>most unique
Toss up between two. The first is a green wizard's tower, which had an elaborate, multi-building greenhouse structure connected by halls both above and below ground. Since the greenhouses were made of glass, the PCs could see everything in them, but they couldn't see most of the connecting passage ways underground. The second was a sprawling cave network that led into an ancient daemonic temple, which I had to run entirely off the cuff (including making the monsters on the spot). The dungeon rearranged itself as the party explored it, the entrance to the place disappearing when the party wasn't looking and such like that (which also split the party in two for a portion of the dungeon). In the area transitioning between the cave and the temple, many ancient carvings and statues suggested the history of a culture that delved into the dark magics of soul trapping under the guidance of their daemonic lords, and further in was a puzzle which required the application of both divine and arcane energy to open the door to the inner sanctum (where the party met the cleric's soon-to-be cacodaemon familiar).

>Most fun
Probably the second dungeon I mentioned above, despite me making it all up as I went along it turned out great.

>Toughest
A dragon's lair guarded by a tribe of kobolds subservient to said dragon. The dungeon started out with a cavernous tunnel full of thorny vines from the forest outside, with a kobold marksman stationed to shoot down clay pots full of oil from the ceiling with flaming crossbow bolts at both ends of the thorny tunnel, followed up with the tribe's elite warriors, then a murderhall with spearmen on the other sides of the walls to stab at PCs through small holes while archers and a sorcerer attacked them from the other end of the hall... And then finally a battle with the dragon itself, of course.

>>53640072
LotLK campaign about a demon cult. Mentioned it in thread recently when asking for advice about a cave of curses.
>>
>>53640295
cite studies m8
>>
>>53640282
Wizards being powerful is not about damage.

Kinetecist is shit for reasons other than damage.
>>
>>53640282
>30 damage at level 5

Pathetic
>>
>>53640309
My friends father who hasn't died of the aggressive cancer he has and whose cancer is currently in remission because he switched to a vegan diet. Studies lie. Practical experience says it works.
>>
>>53640300
You got it champ.

>>53640295
Real talk: doc told me they put the cancer kids on ATKINS diet. You know, meat and fat.

I think what you mean is, sugar feeds cancer. And it does. It really does.
>>
>>53640330
ebin
>>
>>53640332

Online game scheduling is tough, and NEET's are so flaky despite having so much time. I don't know if it was always this way but I'm often very surprised that people treat being on time with no respect at all.
>>
File: more glass cannon plz.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
more glass cannon plz.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
Well /pfg/ (/pgg/)? Why aren't you listening?
>>
>>53640330
Nice bean, soy meme

get out
>>
>>53640397
What's it about?
>>
>>53640397
I had to stop when they said the gunslinger was strong.

So fucking dumb.
>>
>>53640313
>>53640305
>CR 5 monster with 30 or less HP literally dies instantly if it loses initiative.
>unless it can heavily wound a party member in one round it will die having done nothing
>still gives out a boatload of XP for characters who half of them didn't do anything

I'm sure there are other broken builds but those tend to be banned straight-out in my games. This entire class seems broken. It's like warlock but even worse.

>>53640310
>Wizards being powerful is not about damage.
I understand that. But wizards also eventually run out of goddamn spell slots.

>Kinetecist is shit for reasons other than damage.

Oh because a Con-focused class with a decent hit die has to take damage to use its abilities, even though its not a frontline fighter and shouldn't be taking damage unless shit is going down?
>>
>>53640425
If you can't oneshot an equal CR monster you're a joke anyways

welcome to optimization.
>>
>>53640411
Some guys ran Giantslayer.
>>
>>53640308
Why can't we have campaigns in the LotLK anymore.
>>
>>53640400
Death is not a friend. Death is not an enemy. death is a truth that deserves as good a fight as you can give him, just to thwart any plans that any other god might have made. Death is honest, but he doesn't deserve to take you without a fight.

Now get in the fucking bag.
>>
>>53640437
Ooh, that's a very fighty campaign. I might have to listen in tonight when I settle in!
>>
>>53640282
Meanwhile a level 5 fighter with a bow hits between 35-55 damage per round.
>>
>>53640452
worst meme
>>
>>53640457
Yeah, shame on those people who don't play Barbarians!
>>
>>53640425
CR 5 monster on average have 55 hitpoints. Not to mention shit like DR and SR that should be hell on kineticist.

Learn to actually design encounters.
>>
>>53640425
A basic unoptimized archery Slayer will do 30 damage in one round at 5 assuming he makes his hits and rolls the absolute minimum on all his damage. His average and cap damage are notably higher. This is like ground floor newbies levels of play here.

Pathfinder is shit but it ain't shit because of Kineticist, you're looking at the game entirely wrong. If the Kineticist is breaking things open here, it's not because he's optimized, it's because the rest of your party isn't meeting the ground floor they need to survive in the long run.
>>
>>53640387
Like for real, there was one guy that just wasn't here. He was in the group except not. He acted for like half a session out of the three.

He didn't give a single shit. He didn't even talk to us.

But he

Was the GM's friend.

And I know for a fact he was here last session, he just didn't bother to join. I know it because he was streaming smut while we were playing.

On the other hand, I was the only one on an EU timezone, and I still got into that game, and I was here, at midnight GMT+2 time, ready to play for 4-6 hours. Ruined my sleep schedule, and that's how I end up being still awake right now, cursing myself. But say what you will about me, I at least do my fucking part.
>>
>Getting baited by ALL DAYâ„¢ shitposters
Come on /pfg/ you're better than this. Well, not really, but still, STOP THAT.
>>
>>53640491
You can't tote "he does THIS MUCH DAMAGE EVERY SINGE ROUND" as your quantified for being good when it is outperformed by almost every other damage dealer when providing no other upsides.
>>
File: Infant with Hydrocephalus.jpg (44KB, 400x546px) Image search: [Google]
Infant with Hydrocephalus.jpg
44KB, 400x546px
>>53640295

>vegan diet gives your body nutrition without feeding the cancer cells

???????
>>
>>53640436
>welcome to optimization.

Welcome to: the class is broken. If you can do the job of 4 other characters, that is the DEFINITION of a broken character.
>>53640457
>Meanwhile a level 5 fighter with a bow hits between 35-55 damage per round.

Not really, no.>>53640494
>CR 5 monster on average have 55 hitpoints. Not to mention shit like DR and SR that should be hell on kineticist.

So I can no longer use monsters that don't have DR or SR. Great!

>Learn to actually design encounters.

I do know how to design encounters you stupid fucking nigger, I cannot just start throwing stupid shit that doesn't even make sense for the part of the world that they are in, against them, and throw away all semblance of making sense, just to counter one shit-ass character.
>>
>>53640527
wat
>>
>>53640282
>>53640425
>>53640567
Legit, who the fuck are you?
>>
>>53640567
Dude

A barbarian can easily oneshot something of equal CR, ONE barbarian

You're just shit at GMing mate.
>>
>>53640528
>it is outperformed by almost every other damage dealer when providing no other upsides.

Except it isn't. And even so the class as its base is dealing more damage per round than a highly optimized fighter, AND doesn't need arrows, AND counts as a fucking magic attack, AND can be used from literally anything, while also getting the near-equivalent of telekinesis at will, which is a fucking fifth level spell.
>>
>>53640567
Energy resistance fucks Kineticist

You don't know how to design encounters, rofl,
>>
>>53640567
At level 5 30 damage is fucking nothing a fucking WIZARD can do that just by tossing a fireball and getting lucky hell a UC Monk can hit for like a minimum of 20 damage up to like 42 just by using his normal Flurry of Blows shit
>>
>>53640587
this nigga is dumb.
>>
>>53640587
>highly optimized fighter
kek
you obviously don't know shit about optimization
>>
>>53640586
>A barbarian can easily oneshot something of equal CR, ONE barbarian

No. Unless you pull some broken build out of your ass that most people would ban anyway. So fuck off.

>You're just shit at GMing mate.

LMAO. No. I have won literal awards for my GMing. PATHFINDER is what is shit. It is shit at being a game. It's just some theorycrafted faggotry full of horribly balanced classes, and you fucking retards use the excuse of "well other shit in the game is broken" as an excuse. And then say "git gud at GMing." What does that mean? Throw a CR 10 against them so that they get their asses whipped? I can do that, sure. Nothing is stopping me, it's my roleplaying campaign. But that would be fucking stupid, wouldn't it? And it would just go to show that the class, if not the game, is a fucking broken piece of shit. Yet, somehow that's my fault. Sure thing kiddo.
>>
File: 1491789311619.jpg (144KB, 1000x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1491789311619.jpg
144KB, 1000x1077px
>>53640624
>I have won literal awards for my GMing
Let the LARPing commence
>>
>>53640624
Literally nobody gives a shit about CR faggot did you forget Monstrous Crabs, Shadows, and Allips from 3.5e?
>>
>>53640624
Dude a barb full attacking after popping rage can easily do in excess of 45 damage without any form of optimization.
>>
>>53640567
Okay, anon, better question, what game ARE you running? Are you running an AP or something? Are you having the players exclusively fight Fogwardens or Asrai?
>>
File: you.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>53640624
Alright. Now leave.
>>
>>53640567
>>53640624
Your encounter design is clearly fucking bollocks. Do you not know what your party is capable of? Look at their sheets a bit, and throw them an encounter you're reasonably certain they can handle. Note what happened, who did what and what kind of damage. Then adapt. If you want them to breeze through something, give them more of what you know they can deal with. If you want to challenge them, give them something they haven't encountered before, possibly something that caters to the weak spots in their defenses/offenses (resistances, DR, touch AC and so forth). If you want to give them a grueling grind of a challenge, throw at them a shitton of monsters you know they can handle, but in quick enough fashion that they won't be able to recuperate. If you want to stop looking like such a massive faggot, take off that fucking nametag and lurk until you know how to play the game you little shit
>>
>>53640593
>Energy resistance fucks Kineticist

Oh shit let's just make EVERY fucking monster they ever fight ever again have energy resistance.

>You don't know how to design encounters, rofl,

I do know how, you fucking retard jew. Are you actually saying I need to counter a single character by warping the ENTIRE encounter design to choose monsters specifically tailored to resist that character's abilities? Because if so you are just proving my point that the class is broken as fuck. It literally warps a campaign because I have to change up what they fight just because of one character's mechanical abilities. That is some high-level quantum-ogre autism. Fuck that shit. But then I wouldn't expect anyone in this general to know shit about GMing anyway, all they know how to do is triple-stack feats for some retarded combo for a shitload of damage.

>>53640612
No I don't know much about optimization cause I'm not a power gaming cunt. Just because you can optimize a character to be broken, doesn't mean a class that deals the same fucking damage at BASELINE isn't also broken, you dumbass.
>>
>>53640624
>I've won awards for my GMing

Prove it.
>>
File: 1489958326703.png (646KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489958326703.png
646KB, 1200x1000px
>>53640624
Quality bait kid.
>>
What are some cute +dex/+wis races?
>>
File: 1c8.jpg (8KB, 200x249px) Image search: [Google]
1c8.jpg
8KB, 200x249px
>>53640667
>>
>>53640654
>can
Except this is happening every round.
>>53640663
>Your encounter design is clearly fucking bollocks

I know what they can handle, autist, I know how to look at the weak spots in their characters. But when I have to make a fucking EL 10 encounter and they get that much XP from it, it's pretty much bullshit. Also I am not going to start throwing elemental weird-ass shit against them that does not belong in the area they are currently in, just to counter their abilities. If I have to do that, then fuck this game I'll just go play 5e.
>>
>>53640677
OOH

GARUDA BLOODED AASIMAR

DOWNY
FEATHER
PUBES
>>
>>53640677
Asians mostly.
>>
>>53640688
>he uses XP
>>
>>53640689
NATURALLY
SHORT
HAIR
>>
File: 1468453462453.png (234KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468453462453.png
234KB, 480x480px
>>53640667
You are fucking adorable.
>>
>>53640689
Would it be cuter than a +dex/+wis Skinwalker?
>>
>>53640667
>No I don't know much about optimization
Then why are you talking about a 'highly optimized fighter' as if you know what that even means? Literally without powergaming a Wizard at level 5 can do 5d4+5 damage guarenteed damage via Magic Missile, a UC Monk can Flurry of Blows + Ki Point Strike for +5/+5/+5 doing 1d8+6 damage per hit (assuming he isn't also hasted or some shit) for a minimum of 18 damage and potentially 42. This is literally ZERO optimization.

>>53640688
A barb can pop rage without getting tired too
>>
>>53640567
>not really no
Let's take Jimmy Fighter.

18 Dex, 16 Str with his fancy Str belt and a +1 composite longbow +3, his weapon training is in Bows. He also has point blank shot, dealy aim, weapon focus/weapon specialization, rapid shot, precise shot, and a spare feat.

3 attacks per round at:
+5 (BaB) + 4 (Dex) + 1 (weapon focus) + 1 (PBS) + 1 (Weapon training) + 1 (weapon enhancement) = +13 - 2 (DA) - 2 (rapid shot) = +9/+9/+4

Damage:
1d8+ 3 (Str) + 4 (DA) + 1 (PBS) + 2 (weapon specialization) + 1 (weapon enhancement) + 1 (weapon training) = 1d8+12

>damage range
39-60 damage per round.
>>
File: smug.jpg (42KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
42KB, 600x476px
>>53640704
>he uses xp
>>
>>53640667
A "baseline" barbarian has 20 strength before rage, is raging when he attacks, and is power attacking with a 2h weapon. That isn't optimization. That's just not being literally shit-tier at building characters. Do you want to make a kobold barbarian? Go ahead, but it will suck balls unless your GM bloody coddles you.
>>53640688
Then start bending the rules. Stop using XP if it gets too big. Make your own fucking monsters that fit the area and are strong enough to take on the players. Don't whine because MUH PARTY IS TOO STRONK when they're actually barely even decently designed.
>>
>>53640677
Undines are pretty cute, and Raptorkin Skinwalkers are neat.

Asura-spawn Tieflings are okay if you don't mind being a futa and Garuda-blooded Aasimar are alright.
>>
What's best 1PP class for unarmed fighting?
>>
File: 1432185760218.png (111KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1432185760218.png
111KB, 600x476px
>>53640706
What Skinwalker is +Dex/+Wis?

>>53640721
Anon, your smug Weiss is stale, let me give you an upgrade.
>>
>>53640747
*glitterdust*
>>
>>53640745
Monk was designed for it, Fighter/Brawler do it well, Rogue can min-max for it.
>>
>>53640747
>being this mad
>and he's the GM
this can't possibly go wrong
>>
>>53640747
hahahahahaha

>awards for GMing
>he's just now learning that CR is broken, XP is a mistake (milestones are surperior), and he can't deal with a shitty kineticist

this is fun.
>>
>>53640714
You're not even Power Attacking with that damage.
>>
>>53640746
Wereraptor I believe
>>
>>53640747
Kineticist is ltierally a tier 6 class have you literally never met a player who uses a Barbarian or Fighter or god forbid a full fucking caster?
>>
>>53640747
You know, anon, if you're that mad about PF then why don't you play 5e? You said it yourself, and there's nothing keeping you from doing so. The more grounded gameplay might be up your alley.
>>
File: awoo pack.png (419KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
awoo pack.png
419KB, 720x900px
>>53640746
Raptorkin, but the base one is +Wis/-Int/+"Any one physical at a time"

So you can be a agile awoo
>>
>>53640719
Where are you getting 3 attacks per round from for a level 5 fighter? That's two attacks not 3. Not to mention that he uses up arrows doing this.
>>
>>53640780
>cuck
The monk is doing 3d8+18 damage a round without any optimization with fists that count as magic. Style strike lets me ignore DR for the first and actually his BAB is +5, his actual attack bonus is like +11 or some shit.
>>
Friendly reminder that martials in Starfinder SUCK BUTT.
>>
>>53640729
>Then start bending the rules.

Why don't I just ban kineticist? That's easier. Also if I have to bend the rules to make the game work, then the game doesn't fucking work. End of story.
>>
>>53640780
Go back to plebit, shitface. You're so bad not even /pol/ wants you here.
>>53640800
>HE USES UP ARROWS DOING THIS
WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR BRAIN SQUEEZING ON???
>>
File: 4bf.png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181KB, 625x626px
>>53640747
>>
>>53640806
The more things change, the more they stay the same, hey?
>>
>>53640780
Literally who cares
If this is the guy giving you trouble as a first time GM and not Wizard spamming Stinking Cloud you need to rethink your life
>>
>>53640806
We'll believe you when you show us proof.
>>
I'm depressed and I need attention

Like seriously.

But I can't talk of one of my favourite subjects here because people tend to go ape about it.

So I can't have friends that enjoy the same things.
>>
>>53640806
Anon, Starfinder isn't out yet, and all we have to go on are the iconics. And, if the Starfinder iconics are comparable to the Pathfinder ones, they're barely optimized enough to fight their way out of a wet paper bag.
>>
>>53640800
Arrows are fucking worthless lmao is your fighter firing mithril or something
>>
>>53640800
>arrows
>being a concern.
>>
>>53640781
>Tier 6

I will argue this, Kineticist is low tier 4, if you pick Aether or Air or Water and are careful about talent selection. Plus, a Kinetic Blader is gonna be hitting pretty damn hard. It's maybe Tier 5 if you pick a trash element like Fire or Wood.

>>53640813
>Ban kineticist

Then ban full-casters too

>bend rules

Rules are meant to be bent in order to have more fun with the game. If you can't deal with that, go back to PFS.
>>
>>53640826
>>53640830

ONE DEE EIGHT PLUS TWO DAMAGE.
>>
>>53640829
then talk about it instead of trying to attentionwhor.
>>
>>53640813
Because Kineticist is shit anyways dude.
>>
>>53640780
>4d6+11
>50 damage
I think you can't into math.
>>
>>53640780
a-anon.
How much is 1d8+6 x3?
It averages out to 31.5 damage.
4d6+11 averages out to 25. The Monk could potentially miss one of his attacks and still match this guys damage. And this is an unoptimized MONK, one of the weakest offensive classes in the game.

And yeah that anon got his bonus to hit wrong. It would be about the same as your "problem"
>>
>>53640813
This is not a computer game. It has a Gamemaster for a reason, and that's to make sure the players' shenanigans don't break it. You ARE the rules.
>>
>>53640800
You're right he goes up to 5 attacks at level 6, my bad. Only 2 at level 5.
>>
>>53640425
>Oh because a Con-focused class with a decent hit die has to take damage to use its abilities, even though its not a frontline fighter and shouldn't be taking damage unless shit is going down?
This isn't an MMO and the GM is under no obligation to attack the frontline fighter instead of you.
>>
>>53640803
With +5 to hit you stupid fucking autistic. You still have to HIT. When he has +11 to hit then you can call me back alright faggot?

>>53640781
The tier system is designed around the 4-encounter-per-day bullshit. If the characters do more than that the kineticist is superior. Also tier is based on a specific definition of power, I am talking about damage per round here, and EVERY round too.
>>
File: 1474288417684.png (272KB, 1343x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1474288417684.png
272KB, 1343x1017px
>>53640845
oh dang it was a shill all along
>>
>>53640845
The attitude in this thread is that you're a moron, because you're a moron.
>>
>>53640845
... Yes, we'd put the blame on you. Because you're apparently a retard that doesn't do research.

Now shoo, shoo, go back to whatever shithole you crawled out of Wayne. You're an idiot namefag, and deserve nothing but scorn and death.
>>
>>53640842
But you're gonna hate me for it.

At the same time, I know it's because you associate that subject to degeneracy thanks to a few weirdos that are only in it for the fetish. And I'm also not too keen on attracting these same people.

Do you understand the pickle? So I'm pondering over a possible solution for this.
>>
>>53639677
No! My players are all fucking dinks that had parties and shit to go to!
>>
>>53640867
>When he has +11 to hit then you can call me back alright faggot?
Except he does have +11 to hit because I'm a dumbass and got his stats wrong.
+5 BAB +6 to-hit stat (Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility if he wants insane fucking AC at the same time).
>>
>>53640840
Yes yes, we all enjoy a meme every now and then.
>>
>>53640834
>>53640818
>>53640832
You can only carry like 20 to 40 arrows. And when you're in the wilderness you can't just go buy more, you stupid fag. Sorry if you just handwave XP and ammo, but you are breaking the rules and thus you are objectively wrong in a discussion involving THE RULES.

You cannot just selectively ignore shit you don't like. Get. Over. It.
>>
>>53640883
Is it furryshit?
I guess there's not really a solution, let's talk aabout something else we have in common.

>>53640889
>you can only carry like 20 to 40 arrows
What is a bag of holding or handy quiver
>>
>>53640845
>he's a 5e shill

We wuz kangz n sheet
>>
>>53640889
>You can only carry like 20 to 40 arrows.
Says who? No, seriously, point to me where it says you're limited on arrowcount. I'll wait.
No, I won't, because you're retarded.
>>
>>53640835
>>53640848
>Then ban full-casters too

No. Because even though they can fly, and yes do fireball as well as SoDs, they are limited on spell slots and thus are weak when they are out of spells. Whereas Kineticist is strong all day the entire day.
>>
File: 1491174343574.gif (452KB, 350x189px) Image search: [Google]
1491174343574.gif
452KB, 350x189px
>>53640889
>You can only carry like 20 to 40 arrows
>>
>>53640845
>>53640868
What, you just noticed it was a shill?

This, again, brings up the point that all the 5e players seem to become gibbering autistic retards when the subject of PF comes up for some reason. I dunno why, it's weird but consistent.
>>
>>53640889
You do realize

that you can

craft arrows.

>>53640904
blaster casters are weak, who gives a shit.
>>
>>53640889
>you can only carry 20-40 arrows.

I mean yeah in a single quiver. You have 16 Str. You can have more in your fucking backpack in a bundle. You're not using more than 40 arrows in a single fight.
>>
If I do a Plant/Animal domain themed cleric, are there any interesting tactics I can do? It's more for the theme rather than min-max. Animal domain doesn't really seem too impressive. Plant has Entangle which seems useful early on.
>>
>>53640904
>out of spells
>thinking a Wizard runs out of spells when sticking to four encounters a day
>thinking a Wizard doesn't have a thousand and ten tricks to ruin his fucking day in a single spell like Alter Self
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>53640895
>Is it furryshit?
-I- don't see it that way, but both the more extreme fans and the not-fans see it like that.

And so, you suggest we talk about depressive feelings instead? It ain't r9k.
>>
>>53640889
>doesn't know you can retrieve arrows from dead bodies
>>
>>53640910
I play both but prefer 5e (due to being a normie) but Pathfinder is fun too.
>>
>>53640852
>>53640849
This is before he empowers it for x1.5 damage.

>>53640853
>You ARE the rules.

Okay, and the rules say that kineticist is banned. It doesn't matter anyways because the characters finally bit off an encounter too powerful for them so they are probably going to lose 2-3 characters next session. Two of them are already out of the action.
>>
>>53640889
>You can only carry like 20 to 40 arrows
*buys three more quivers*
Oh
Oh shit son
what now
>>
>>53640904
>he literally believes the ALL DAY meme
>he literally is retarded!
>>
>>53640889
If you're going out into the wilderness (and you didn't suddenly spring this on the party with zero forewarning), your local bowman is going to gather back up the 50% arrows that don't break when he shoots them, and replenish the rest by crafting.
>>53640904
Your game is shit and you are shit for pretending it's not shit, sonny.
>>
>>53640867
the tier system has NOTHING to do with encounters per day. The CR system has nothing to do with encounters per day in PF. Damage per round is easy for any martial to achieve and consistently deal.

Youir issue is you''re applying ideal that don't apply to a game that doesn't use any of them. CR is a measure of effective level of a monster - not it's skills, it's role in combat, but effective level. The roles that mosnters have in combat are in the back of the book, under "Monster Roles" and that is where you go to find out what kind of monster does best agaisnt which classes, NOT by following the CR, which just tells you what level an encounter effectively is when you use it properly which you clearly can't.
>>
>>53640889
Craft arrows.
Pack animals/cohorts
Magic storage
One of several items that give infinite or magically replenishing ammo
>>
>>53640886
Dude's a faggot and I know this is missing the point since the Monk can just STR, but Deadly Agility should not be taken into consideration for topics like this.
>>
>>53640282
3d6+3+CON (we'll say 5) empowered: in exchange for a bit of health unless within 30ft and using nothing else...

Yeah that's around 27 on average, against regular AC (an 'energy' type against touch AC would be averaging 18 instead)

That means a CR-1, of which the party is likely facing an equal number to themselves of, goes down in 2 rounds on average if there's no DR or resistances involved, or 3 if energy type.

That's completely average, but short ranged and easily interrupted/countered or taken advantage of.

Meanwhile the guy with the polearm has only slightly less range than the no-burn-accumulated kinetic blast (they're both inside walk and pounce ranges), and is doing pretty much the same damage without provoking AoOs and is about to do far more at level 6. And all HE did was take power-attack and a weapon; no class abilities needed.

Go suck the orange asshole's cock before he grabs someone else by the pussy.
>>
>>53640881
>Because you're apparently a retard that doesn't do research.

Yeah admittedly it was a mistake to start playing Pathfinder. I see that now. It's a crappy game with zero balance, shitty rules shitty monsters, where one character can do the job of 4 and apparently that's A-OK and if you think that's bad, then it's all your fault for being bad at GMing.

Lol you guys are a joke.
>>
>>53640867
Hi!

My name is ordinary UC monk!

I have 20 Strength with my +2 belt (I'd have 22, but I'm MAD), and an Amulet of Mighty Fists +1! With my BAB of +5, I'm rolling +11/+11/+11 over 3 hits you stupid fucking cuckold!

With Dragon Style and Ferocity, two feats every strength based UC monk should have, my first hit strikes for 1d8+11, while all my other attacks hit for 1d8+8!

If all my attacks hit that round, which is probable give at CR AC, I hit for a mean damage of approximately 40 damage! Die in a fire, you piece of shitty GM excrement~
>>
Question for you guys, have you ever played a recovering drug addict before, or is that too edgy?
>>
>>53640904
A level 5 wizard has around 16 spells to throw around a day before using scrolls, he is gonna have scrolls because he gets scribe scroll as a fucking bonus feat.
>>
Hay.

HAY.

What's the name of that ability or whatever that treats my Initator level as level+2? As in, if I'm a Warder 7 || Fighter 3 I can treat my Warder as level 9 for strikes n' such?
>>
>>53640961
>lol I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>53640419
lolwut
they said what?
gunslinger?

strong?

what the fuck?
>>
>>53640928
Yeah, that's the other half of the PF/5e split. People who play PF can appreciate both on their merits while noting their flaws. People who play 5e screech autistically like PF the game killed their parents, kicked their dog, and keyed their car.
>>
>>53640868
I don't even like 5e that much. I enjoyed running 3.5 and I preferred that. At least I knew 3.5's broken shit pretty well. Kineticist is like the Warlock turned up to 11, it lets out a fuckton of damage every round, and the Burn doesn't even matter because everything is dead by the time the dust clears anyway.
>>
>>53640963
>I have 20 Strength with my +2 belt (I'd have 22, but I'm MAD)
Dude take Weap. Finesse and Deadly Agility
>>
>>53640973
No that is not edgy. Don't listen to them. That's just LIFE.
>>
>>53640984
yeah yeah WE WUZ KAAAAAAAAANGZ N' SHIET
>>
>>53640979
Discipline Focus boosts the save DCs, but that's the closest thing I can think of.
>>
>>53640982
Muh +1d6 from up close and deadly.
>>
>>53640986
I don't intend for the character to relapse or anything. Any advice on the emotions or feelings that would come from that?
>>
>>53640961
Are you retarded? None of us think it's good we're telling you that you're a retard that your response is to put your hands over your ears and shout "it isn't broken".
>>
>>53640902
>>53640895
>>53640908
>magic item that lets me carry more arrows

Okay well there goes some more money that you could have spent on something else. Also, even assuming that magic item exists in this campaign. You can't just carry a backpack full of arrows, either, I've tried doing it in real life and you can barely carry 12 arrows in a quiver, 40 is just fucking insane. I used to work at an archery range, is how I know that.
>>
>>53640934
>>53640961
If you're designing your game in a way that anything but a god-optimized high level wizard-equivalent can break it in half, the only thing responsible for the zero balance and shitty rules and monsters is you.

What is the kineticist capable of doing? What's he not capable of doing? Use your fucking brain and play the game against him, instead of just throwing a tantrum because you suck at it.
>>
>>53640984
>Kineticist
>Significantly better DPR than a Warrior (the NPC class) with a Longbow

Shiggity diggity figgity do, your brain is a giant piece of poo!
>>
>>53640961
So why are you here? 5e is the go-to system for bad DMs, go play that instead.
>>
File: 1453264829737.jpg (13KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1453264829737.jpg
13KB, 400x390px
>>53640961
Yes yes, we're all very impressed by your award-winning gameplay and your incredibly large penis, you can go back to 5eg now.
>>
>>53641009
>Also, even assuming that magic item exists in this campaign
fucking lmao

>>>53641009
>You can't just carry a backpack full of arrows, either, I've tried doing it in real life and you can barely carry 12 arrows in a quiver, 40 is just fucking insane
English longbowmen carried 60-90 arrows into battle.
>>
>>53641009
>I can limit the most basic of magic items, a bag of holding, and not be a shit GM
>muh real life logic in wizarddragon games
Fuck off and die already.

REPORT.
AND.
IGNORE.
>>
>>53640912
>blaster casters are weak, who gives a shit.

Yeah, because of limited spell slots. If a class had unlimited Scorching Rays per day that they can also Empower Spell for free, they'd be fucking broken as well.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>53640984
>Complains that PF in unbalanced
>Prefers 3.5 to 5e
>>
>>53641009
>I used to work at an archery range, is how I know that.
And I bet you're a black belt in ninjitsu as well. And you know about Bards because you ghost-wrote Hamlet. And you're the leading authority on Wizards because you're a 40-year-old virgin.
>>
Remember not to take the bait.
>>
>>53640984
>kineticist can do anything well
[casts Stinking Cloud]
I just shut down your six enemy encounter with a single spell.
>>
>>53641009
>Unironically counting ammunition past level 3

Son you just went full fucking retard.
>>
>>53640425
>CR 5 monster with 30 or less HP literally dies instantly if it loses initiative.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/monsterCreation.html

Nice try brushing it off, but if you think the average CR5 monster has 30 or less than HP you're kind of shit
>>
File: 33763175.jpg (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
33763175.jpg
100KB, 400x400px
>>53640587
Shine bright, motherfucker.
Like potato.

Anyone being outdamaged by a kineticist has actively gone out of their way to fuck their character build up.

You might want to warn the highly optimized fighter that putting weapon mastery in crossbows, taking negative strength, and using nothing but a katana one handed is a fucking fucktarded combo.
>>
>>53641009
You don't need magic items, you can literally just have arrows in your fucking backpack. Historically people carried 50+ arrows into an engagement. You're actually cripplingly retarded, or pretending to be which is just as bad.
>>
>>53640983
I will say that some, not all, Pathfinder plays do the same. They kick and scream about 5e like it murdered their firstborn, shat on their porch and stole their mail.
>>
>>53641009
>Also, even assuming that magic item exists in this campaign.
They should because Pathfinder doesn't fucking function without magic items without heavy modification.

The fact you're complaining about the KINETICIST proves you're incapable of that.

Also bags of holding/handy haversacks are really fucking important to a character's development. There's little reason to not have one. It's practically a tax.
>>
>>53640924
Alter Self isn't worth shit. I thought you were going to bring up Rope Trick but I guess you are fully retarded. Done talking to you.

>>53640926
>implying those enemies have arrows
>implying half those arrows weren't broken or destroyed from him being cut in half by the barbarian
>>
Where do you draw the line between "is a standard thing people often want" and "TOO LEWD"?

Where would this class ability fall? I feel like it's fine as is, but would just be clammered for by lewdites

IDEAL FORM
When they attain 19th level, they may choose to undergo a metamorphosis and transform their body into their ideal form, changing their shape, age, physique, and gender, but not their race. They gain a permanent +4 bonus to all charisma checks made against one of their own race and any fey.
>>
File: 2.jpg (17KB, 269x191px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
17KB, 269x191px
>>53641045
that was a quality meme, anon
>>
>>53641059
>Alter Self isn't worth shit
HHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHHHHSSHHSHAHAHHHHASHDHROEBRUSASVOEalbebgoabi
Holy fucking shit I bet you think Polymorph and Web are useless too
>>
File: WAT.gif (2MB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
WAT.gif
2MB, 350x276px
>>53640632
I'm sure we can craft something from these statements, this is gold.

I mean, fuck, "awards for GMing". FUCK.
>>
File: 1455162857201.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1455162857201.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>53641046
Fine, but it's so much fun.

So, anyone have some homebrew they've been working on?
>>
File: 41105363_p0.jpg (330KB, 676x1000px) Image search: [Google]
41105363_p0.jpg
330KB, 676x1000px
>>53641046
This thread is already in flames. Your warnings are too late. All that is left is to post heads that you want to pat!
>>
>>53640941
>he literally believes the ALL DAY meme

It's not a meme. A wizard who can do 500 damage once per day, versus a wizard who can do 50 damage once per round all day long, the latter is more powerful in the context of an adventuring party, even if one might beat the other in a fight.
>>
File: penguin.jpg (48KB, 1027x714px) Image search: [Google]
penguin.jpg
48KB, 1027x714px
>>53640397
I should mention it is the "Official Pathfinder Actual-Play Podcast"
>>
>>53641073
You know what, you're actually right.
Let's chase away Wayne with headpats and lewds!
Amelia is such a fucking good girl holy shit
>>
>>53641076
You just said you're following encounter rules. Level 5 is when the Wizard officially stops running out of spells using normal encounter frequency rules with his 24 INT, and is also the time when he can shut down every encounter he sees with a single spell (unlike earlier levels where Color Spray and Glitterdust actually ran out)
>>
File: outrageous5.jpg (34KB, 675x400px) Image search: [Google]
outrageous5.jpg
34KB, 675x400px
>>53641073
>>
I'm new to this crap and I've been looking into infused poisons. Sadly, it turns out I can't make a poison of fireball, because it has to be a single-target spell, but I can make it with any single target spell up to level 3, right? For example, infuse it with touch of combustion, so anything I hit catches fire.

Also, that's something I can't seem to find - how long does poison stick to a weapon? Is it a single use and then you have to apply a new one or does it stick for some time?
>>
>>53640947
>which just tells you what level an encounter effectively is when you use it properly which you clearly can't.

LMAO. Explain how I am supposed to be using these encounter then. Also do you actually think I want more of this 4th-edition-type cuckery where I have to spend 40 minutes "designing" each encounter? I don't want to spend all week prepping encounters, faggot, there are more important parts of the campaign to spend time on besides just that. In 5e I can easily make up encounters on the fly. Hell I can do that in Pathfinder too, and it works fine except for when THIS character fucks it up. This character deals more damage and eliminates / incaps more opponents than any of the six other characters who are ALL full casters. Except one full barbarian.
>>
>>53641056
That's fair, there's always going to be the assholes in every group. Just, speaking from experience and having talked to MULTIPLE 5e people (organizers, players, store owners), that seems to be the case.

Actually, I wonder how much of that is the fault of PFS, which would make it entirely justified...
>>
File: Rory.jpg (110KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Rory.jpg
110KB, 512x512px
>>53641073

>heads we want to pat

certainly
>>
>>53641093
>>53641073
Headpats are best for flat-chested girls, while hugs are best for large-chested girls.

These are the roots of our world.
>>
>>53640945
>your local bowman is going to gather back up the 50% arrows that don't break when he shoots them

So eventually he ends up with 1 arrow left. Also you cannot craft arrows in the wilderness dumbfuck.

>Your game is shit and you are shit for pretending it's not shit, sonny.

That's not an argument nor a response to what I said in the post you backlinked. You are wrong.
>>
File: 450fd6f9d35c515843f275ad3952b66a.jpg (208KB, 446x1000px) Image search: [Google]
450fd6f9d35c515843f275ad3952b66a.jpg
208KB, 446x1000px
>>53641102
You need more waifus and less complaining about cucks in your life, pledditor
>>
>>53641109
It may be.

But really, to each his own. Let your fellow man play his system of preference and leave him be.

Unless he plays FATAL. Then put him out his misery.
>>
File: ooze2.gif (37KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
ooze2.gif
37KB, 294x265px
>>53641073
>>
>>53641099
Single-use for how long a poison lasts; upon hitting a target, they make their save against it. Whether or not they succeed, the poison is now off of the weapon.
>>
>>53641123
Is that an eel monstergirl?
>>
>>53641131
LET ME SNOOZE, RUSE OOZE
>>
>>53641102
Then either go play 5e or stop playing with retards who can be outdone by legitimately the worse class in the game.
>>
File: pshhh.png (552KB, 966x768px) Image search: [Google]
pshhh.png
552KB, 966x768px
>>53641093
She's cute! I don't know what she's from, but I'd pat her head.

I'd pat your head too!
>>
>>53641118
>Also you cannot craft arrows in the wilderness dumbfuck
you fucking what
>>
>>53641059
>implying that every single arrow fired breaks when it hits

What do you have your fletchers make arrows out of, tall grass?
>>
File: trident.png (202KB, 719x992px) Image search: [Google]
trident.png
202KB, 719x992px
Hey guys

Is there any way one can acquire draconic features for a human martial character? I'm playing a fighter who is desperate for an 'edge' that makes them not only better but also more impressive and 'special' and I think some kind of half-dragon like thing would be something she might pursue. Is there any way to actually do as much in the rules?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>53640960
So that means I can never use a monster that isn't of their CR or higher, AND has energy resistance (except nothing resists Aether), AND has good DR, AND has a ridiculous AC, AND chooses to target that character first.

Yeah. No.
>>
>>53641118
>. Also you cannot craft arrows in the wilderness dumbfuck.

You literally can
>>
>>53641129
Is it even possible to play FATAL? I've heard the rules very kindly described as "completely fucking nonfunctional"

Fuck, does anyone else remember that thread where it was just people recreating It's Always Sunny with "The Gang Plays FATAL"?
>>
>>53641156

Well, there's always Draconic Bloodrager.
>>
>>53641156
Alter Self might work, also if SoP is allowed then Alteration sphere lets you add cosmetic stuff anyway.
>>
>>53640963
You need to move into melee first. This guy can do this shit at range with no issue. Your monk is still shit.
>>
>>53640895
I legit just want to find like-minded people to talk about something we both find cool. Nothing more.

>>53641004
Right... First of all, relapse is always here. Junkie isn't just an affliction, it's also a mentality, and recoverers have grown out of MOST of that mentality. It's been a part of their life and the memory stays. Mostly, they often replace their addiction (which was "needed" for something back then) with a smaller, benign form of addiction. Such as crack to tobacco, that sort of thing. But there's also possiblity they've gone entirely clean too.

Having a stable situation goes a long way to not sink back into that, and keep resolve.

From my experience with recovering addicts, if there's one thing they hate it's moralizers. I think it's obvious why. Don't lecture them about their smoking, or how you're an asshole if you do crack. They already feel BAD about it, it's not even that they want to give excuses (although they do have their justifications sometimes). I think there's two kinds: the "Lawful" ones that agree just how bad it was and who took the experience as what molded their nowadays steely resolve for everything (for example, I used to be a fatass, cut the eating addiction and did so much sport, and years later still feel like I can motivate myself by remembering how hard I fought for it), usually, they're sympathetic to those with similar stories but they're still very adamant on everything; and the "Chaotic" ones that are still as 'random' as who they used to be, but they're gonna tell you "nah man, that shit's bad, fuck, I'm boring and old today, I wish I still did PCP, but this is shit and was retarded. Don't start, don't hurt your family". They're the most likely to have a benign coping addiction on the side but mostly it's funny because they aren't very bothered to talk or be around drugs. They tend to joke a lot about it.

Think also about the reasons your character stopped. My old man stopped smoking to become a dad.
>>
>>53641118
>can't craft arrows in the wilderness
>what are Native Americans
>>
>>53641118
Yeah especially not in a forest. Crafting arrows is ESPECIALLY impossible in places full of trees.

Yes.
>>
>Hide shitposter name
>Most of the thread vanishes
Goddamnit guys...
>>
>>53641156
Dragonheir Scion? Just fix the Arcane Strike issue and it's not a terrible archetype.
>>
File: 1447629142383.png (756KB, 500x907px) Image search: [Google]
1447629142383.png
756KB, 500x907px
>>53641118
>can't craft arrows
Really now? You would so big of an asshole as to bend reality to the point where you can't take a decently suitable branch off a tree, take the pointy iron part of a broken arrow (or a decently shaped stone, even), sharpen the pointy and stick the two bits together, possibly feather a bird you caught for the fins, and make an arrow?
What sort of autist are you? How many hugs do you need? Here's a plucky halfling.
>>
>>53640980
What? Nothing I am saying is pretending. I said YOU guys were a joke. Not me.

>>53640990
The fuck?>>53641006
>None of us think it's good we're telling you that you're a retard that your response is to put your hands over your ears and shout "it isn't broken".

So kineticist IS broken, then, you're just mad at me for being angry over the obvious? Alright... I guess....
>>
>>53641118
>can't craft arrows in wilderness

Gee, let me go back and tell all the American Indian tribes that they obviously starved to death hundreds of years ago because they couldn't make arrows in the wilderness.
>>
>>53641173
>You need to move into melee first.
A level 5 monk moves 40 a turn which is enough to punch your shit and take AoOs when you try to fight back.
>>
>>53641029
>Also, even assuming that magic item exists in this campaign
>every campaign has a well-stocked magic item shop that has exactly what your character wants for the price he wants

Kill yourself.
>>
>>53641173
Flying kick cuckboy!

Or~

>Hi I'm your standard ass 5th level Archer Fighter here today Folks

For what amounts to the same fucking thing. Kineticists get out DPR'd by fucking longbow warriors, you cuck.
>>
>>53641217
>every campaign has a well-stocked magic item shop that has exactly what your character wants for the price he wants
CWI exists, it even costs way fucking less.
>>
>>53641020
It is better though. Also a monster can sunder a fighter's bow to stop him, can't do that with a kineticist. You just keep on being wrong, faggot, and it's getting tiring. It's a brojen class.
>>
>>53641193
Broken in the sense that it is a horrendously bad class.
I assume if no one else has taxed your GMing like this you're playing with retarded children.
>>
>>53641217
Bag of holding is a but fuck retarded magic item to go "oh no here are none of them" because it's cheap and useful to literally everyone. If you choose that item to limit and not others you're an actual retard.
>>
>>53641173
Flying Kick exists, your kineticist just got oneshot.
>>
>>53641158
Actually what I was pointing out was that a kineticist is doing very unimpressive damage for his level, as a small pack of CR4s is basically a standard "APL+1" encounter for the party which is a normal random encounter, nothing actually special. These should normally be demolished in one or two turns, and the optimized kineticist does it in 2 or 3 while unoptimized anyone else do it in 1 or 2.

Kineticists can be made viable with 3pp support, but anyone who thinks a 1pp kineticist is a strong damage dealer has yet to even understand just what ANY FUCKING PARTY usually ends up fighting once the GM learns the issues with CR.

Most fights my party gets in are equal numbers of equal CR, or 2:1 odds against them of CR-1s. 2-3 of those is what it takes to make them worry about a fourth fight and attrition.
>>
>>53641193
k, this guy has to be a troll, and specifically chose kineticist because it's so bad to make everyone sperg out.
>>
>>53641217
Here's a better question: Why haven't YOU thrown kineticists (or better yet, just a few fucking longbowmen) at your party, if they're so fucking broken? Or do you for some reason forbid all your monsters from taking PC classes?
>>
>>53641017
>Use your fucking brain and play the game against him

Yeah, fuck the storyline we were creating, time to alter everything just to deal with one character. I can do plenty of shit against him but that's metagaming crap. "Oh all the sudden all the enemies you are fighting have resistance", yeah that's not fucking realistic at all. Not to mention there's no such thing as Aether resistance so that doesn't even work.
>>
>>53641227
>Also a monster can sunder a fighter's bow to stop him
If a fucking Kineticist managed to OHKO whatever the fuck CR 5s you're sending at them then the fighter has killed him twice over.
>>
File: kLQWqu5.jpg (223KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
kLQWqu5.jpg
223KB, 600x700px
>>53641169
I fucking loved that thread.

>YOU CAN'T JUST RAPE EACH-OTHER YOU RETARDS THAT'S JUST TWO PEOPLE HAVING SEX!
>>
>>53641227
>Sunder
>Existing

Holy shit you're a nigger.
>>
>>53641227
There are charts to prove you otherwise. Also magic weapons have high HP and Hardness and become comically hard to sunder. Also bows are a ranged weapon, the monster has to walk up to you to sunder it, through the rest of your party.
>>
>>53641025
>5e is the go-to system for bad DMs

How do you figure that? Good GMing is meta-gaming to throw unrealistic opponents at your players based on what kind of characters they have? LOL.

>>53641033
>the game contains magic
>therefore logic does not exist and you can handwave literally everything
>>
>>53641227
>sunder a fighter's bow
walking through the barbarian's Threatened area I presume
>>
>>53641283
Ok give me your logical reasoning to limit access to bag of holding while having other magic items around.
>>
>>53641256
You... do know that the Aether kinetic blast does physical damage, right? It's not a Force damage blast.
>>
>>53641283
Man oh fucking man I want to see you deal with Black Tentacles next encounter
>>
>>53641180
The idea was that after his father left their family, either saddling them with debt, or after having done some major crime, the character would have fallen into banditry/drugs/crime in general. Family falls apart, and PC feels like trash for basically becoming what he doesn't like about his father. Later is reunited with sister, and together they get him back on a decent track of life, albeit in a fighting pit (non-slavery), since it's basically all he can do.

Would it make sense to have him be more "lawful" as you described? I'd think he would feel bad about it all, but is now determined to make it right by his sister and family.
>>
>>53641256
>Thinks Aether Resistance needs to be a thing
>DIDN'T EVEN READ THE CLASS ABILITIES

I think I've found your problem.
Aether blast only does physical damage: bludgeoning, piercing or slashing

How many other things about the class have you been inept at understanding?
>>
>>53641045
Funny, but no. Just because I worked at an archery range does not mean I am Robin Hood. Don't put words in my mouth cuckwit.

>>53641047
>[casts Stinking Cloud]

Only useful against living creatures, Fortitude (a strong save for most creatures) negates, and doesn't even work in the wind. You tried, though. Damage works against everything.
>>
>>53641073
>>
>>53641051
>Anyone being outdamaged by a kineticist has actively gone out of their way to fuck their character build up.

So that's 86% of my party, then.

>>53641049
It's in the rules, faggot. Just because you ignore them, doesn't mean they're not there.
>>
File: file.png (9KB, 295x145px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9KB, 295x145px
Stupids.
>>
>>53641261
I was looking for ages for a Fiasco setup that replicated an Always Sunny episode just because of that thread. Never found anything though.
>>
>>53641336
Yes or you're a liar.

But if they're anything like you, you MAY be telling the truth.
>>
>>53641256
>there's no such thing as Aether resistance
Because it doesn't do Aether damage you dumb cunt.

>>53641318
>only useful against living creatures
Fine Web.
>>
>>53641069
Web and Polymorph are extremely powerful spells. Alter Self, on the other hand, doesn't do much unless you use it like my friend used his Changeling ablity and basically pretended it let him turn into a fucking tarrasque if he wanted to.
>>
>>53641318
>Damage works on everything
>What is DR
>What is Energy Resistance
>What is MISS CHANCES
>WHAT IS FUCKING COVER
>>
>>53641336
Yes if they tried to build for damage and are being outperformed by a kineticist they actively fucked their build.
>>
>>53641336
>So that's 86% of my party, then.
Unsurprising given they're actually putting up with you.

>>53641365
Alter Self lets you turn into any humanoid, including something like a Drow Noble.
>>
>>53641167
>>53641152
>spends 5 days finding the right kind of bird for the fletching
>spends hours finding the right shaped sticks
>spends hours finding string and shit to tie on the arrow heads which you need flint or iron for also which you have to find
>in the meantime you've been attacked and eaten by a grizzly bear

gg faggot
>>
>>53641211
You can't full attack after moving you stupid fuck.
>>
>>53641382
>Alter Self lets you turn into any humanoid, including something like a Drow Noble.
Not him, but you're a fucking mongoloid. Polymorph spells have very specific rules about what they can and can't give you, and alter self won't give you any of Drow Noble's broken bullshit.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/#TOC-Transmutation-Polymorph
>>
>>53641386
You realize you can bring materials with you, or bring more arrows. You bring the right feathers and grab what you can on the go. Or, get this, have a bundle of 300 arrows in your horse's saddlebags.
>>
Fuck, is the PFsrd down for anyone else?
>>
>>53641184
LOL have you ever tried making your own arrows? Try it. It's not as easy as you think. If you'd left your basement in the past 3 months you would know that.

>>53641181
Are you playing a native american? Also it took them a lot of time to make their arrows.

>>53641191
>crudely made arrow
>working at all

yeah have fun with a -5 penalty to hit from how shitty your arrow is.
>>
>>53641428
It's not down, but it's been pretty spotty today.
>>
>>53641412
Actually as a monk there are several ways to.
>>
>>53641412
FLYING KICK
YOU DUMBASS
DO YOU EVER DO YOUR RESEARCH
THIS IS WIST TELLING YOU TO MCFUCKING KILL YOURSELF
AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>53641412
FLYING KICK

FLYING KICK

FLYING KICK

READ YOU DUMB ALTRIGHT WANNABEE MOTHERFUCKER

READ
>>
>>53641428
Seems like it for now, boyo.
>>53641438
just leave faggot
>>
>>53641231
>GMing is all about countering the characters and fucking up their shit

Okay. You clearly know nothing about GMing if you think the pinnacle of doing it well, is encoutner balance.
>>
Ignore and report, folks. Don't fall for the bait.
>>
>>53641438
>yeah have fun with a -5 penalty to hit from how shitty your arrow is.
So you'll whine about a need to obsessively follow the rules of the game, but when that doesn't suit you you'll make up rules on the spot just to be vindictive.

Okay.
>>
>>53640984
>I don't even like 5e that much. I enjoyed running 3.5
PF AND 3.5 ARE THE SAME FUCKING GAME YOU RETARD!
>>
>>53641438
It doesn't matter if I can make an arrow, my character is highly trained in making them.
>>
>>53641438
>LOL have you ever tried making your own arrows? Try it. It's not as easy as you think. If you'd left your basement in the past 3 months you would know that.
Larpmaster
>>
>>53641449
>THIS IS WIST TELLING YOU TO MCFUCKING KILL YOURSELF
You should lead by example, bitch.
>>
Remember, if this dude shows up in the next thread, report and ignore. Let him stew in his own idiocy.
>>
>>53641438
The Druid has 3+6+5 = 14 in Survival, you can kill yourself now.
>>
File: legolas_sheer_Rage.png (78KB, 200x224px) Image search: [Google]
legolas_sheer_Rage.png
78KB, 200x224px
>>53641235
>your kineticist just got oneshot.

It's not mine, faggot. And this isn't a PVP situation it's about encounter balance. Also:

>unchained monk

yeah I can just bring in shit from fucking Unearthed Arcana if i want to, I suppose? Play a Spellcaster generic or a gestalt and break the game? Fuck off with your nonargument, stop using experimental classes from a book that isn't even fucking legal.
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (58KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
58KB, 400x410px
WHY IS AVOWED SO SHITTY NOW

I WANTED TO PLAY ONE
>>
>>53641190
>>53641170
>>53641171

Thanks for the suggestions, but I will have 4 levels or so in Fighter before this, so I have no magic, and multiclassing into something like that would probably be terrible.
>>
>>53641499
>Pathfinder Unchained
>Not even legal
What?
>>
If you keep arguing with that guy I'm gonna start gnollposting.
>>
>>53641233
You can't draw arrows from a bag of holding, it's not designed for that. Otherwise no one would use a quiver. You stupid idiot have you ever tried pulling arrows out of a backpack? Holy shit, have fun being limited to 1 attack every other round because you decided to draw arrows from an extradimensional space with zippers and shit, dumbfuck. Or leave the backpack wide open and have your arrows spilling everywhere each time you move. Each square you move, 1d6 arrows fall out. You'll run out of them pretty soon.
>>
>>53641499
Define "not even fucking legal." Did you think it was 3pp?

http://paizo.com/products/btpy9c25?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Pathfinder-Unchained
>>
>>53641499
>experimental
it's 1pp you faggot what the fuck does it need to be to be legal are we really doing PFS right fucking now?
>>
>>53641499
>not even fucking legal
>requiring everyone to use Unchained Summoner in officially sanctioned play
>allowing the book in sanctioned play
>>
>>53641499
Actually, you dumb nigger, organized play (aka, the Official Rules of Pathfinder) not only allows you to play the Unchained Monk, but also DEMANDS that you play the Unchained Summoner.
>>
>>53641532
It actually IS legal in PFS too.
>>
>>53641529
>You can't draw arrows from a bag of holding, it's not designed for that
Yeah but you can put them into your quiver after a battle are you literally braindead
>>
>>53641499
>Unchained Monk
>Experimental
>From a hardback core-line book
>and enforced in PFS and all sequential splat and rule books
Nigga you just went full retard. Thanks for proving you don't even have enough brain cells to rub together
>>
>>53641252
>Why haven't YOU thrown kineticists (or better yet, just a few fucking longbowmen) at your party, if they're so fucking broken? Or do you for some reason forbid all your monsters from taking PC classes?

Because kineticists are rare as fuck in the world I am creating, and optimizing a few longbowmen the party will kill anyway, just seems like a waste of time. That said, you do bring up a good point. I hate to metagame and throw shit against the party just to counter their abilities, but I think I will work on some characters that can deal out heavy enough damage to kill them within a couple of rounds. Good idea.
>>
>>53641449
I've never seen Wist get angry, don't sully other people's names.
>>
>all these cucks think they're owning Wayne while feeding him (You)s
If you have ever unironically replied to Wayne, kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>53641449
Wist never shouts
She's just quietly mad and speaks softly.
>>
>>53641529
>What is an Abundant Quiver
>What is moving arrows to your quiver between combat
Nigga do you even have a brain?
>>
>>53641268
Sunder does exist, though. You literally cannot disprove that.

>>53641284
Jesus fucking Christ stop making up new bullshit to ignore what I am saying. I am talking about kineticist versus fighter. And there is plenty of shit that can outflank a barbarian unless he's fighting with a fucking spiked chain. And even then.
>>
File: 1367563688088.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367563688088.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>53641529
>Or leave the backpack wide open and have your arrows spilling everywhere each time you move. Each square you move, 1d6 arrows fall out.
There's no rules for that, you're breaking rules, I thought you didn't break rules?
>>
>>53641561
But Buildposter...

You are the Wayne.

Do us all a favor and hang yourself, will you?
>>
>>53641561
Shut up Wayne.
>>
>>53641561
t.Wayne
>>
>>53641307
Yeah and fuck-all has damage reduction. Not to mention the guy playing him told me the attack counts as magic so DR/magic is automatically bypassed. Unless he was lying, I trusted him which might have been a mistake.

>>53641308
There's nothing wrong with black tentacles, though. If this guy could do that once per day instead of waht he does now, that'd be fine. Hell, twice per day! Three times! But not F
>>
I just want to take a moment and thank Wayne for bringing back the /pfg/ I know and love.
>>
>>53641556
>optimizing a few longbowmen
Literally any standard archery build will do. You need next to no actual optimization to make a high-damage archer, or martial in general, so lon as you aren't making a retarded Swashbuckler or what have you
>>
>>53641584
>>53641595
>they don't know about the 1-minute cooldown on posts

>Wayne 06/05/17(Mon)18:07:03
>BUILDPOSTER 06/05/17(Mon)18:07:28
>Wayne 06/05/17(Mon)18:08:05

Hurry up and die, you subhuman cretins.
>>
>>53641599
>Yeah and fuck-all has damage reduction
Outsiders of all colors?
>>
>>53641312
You're the faggot who brought up energy resist. Damage Reduction is also pretty rare and this guy has told me like 4 times that the blast counts as magic to overcome DR so the only time it takes the edge off is against fucking demons or Stoneskin. Both of which have come up, actually, but I can't have every fucking monster have those things.
>>
>>53641504
Dragonheir Scion is a Fighter archetype, actually. Also, look at the Item Mastery feats. You can get some limited casting ability as a Fighter.
>>
>>53641618
You will note that having a 4chanpass completely gets around this limitation.
>>
>>53641599
>Yeah and fuck-all has damage reduction
Almost every monster in the bestiary does or will after a certain point
>>
>>53641618
>Hoho, by posting from two machines, I can trick them into thinking Wayne and I are two separate people! What a clever ruse I have wrought!
>>
>>53641631
>having a 4chan pass
>openly admitting to it
Damn, and I thought Wayne was the biggest fag in the thread.
>>
>>53641334

Do not pat a gnoll.

They're smelly and mean-tempered.
>>
>>53641631
>Pass User

+1
>>
>>53641650
Nigger do you unironically put this much effort into fooling a /pfg/ thread? Why the fuck would you or anyone else ever do this?
>>
>>53641366
So they have to fight demons and incorporeal undead, and nothing else, for the rest of the campaign? Except the fucking adventure line of the campaign does not involve either of those creatures? I am supposed to derail the campaign just to find their achilles heel and make monsters that make no sense being there, show up in droves?

I mean, I can do that, but I might as well just wipe the party with said monsters and start a new campaign if I do that. They already act so retardedly tactics-wise I might as well. They're actually likely to die next session due to soem stupid shit they did.
>>
>>53641618
>>53641651
Hold up people. This isn't the real BUILDPOSTER, he at least puts thought into his responses. It's definitely Wayne, but the real BUILDPOSTER is... eurgh, I hate to say it, but the real one is innocent.
>>
I swear it guys I'm gonna start a legit, non-shit discussion on how much I like gnolls and I'm looking for like-minded individuals that don't wanna get caught up in any sort of drama, flaming or magical realm bullshit if you don't stop arguing with Wayne right now.
>>
>>53641416
>You realize you can bring materials with you,

Then why not just bring arrows?

>Or, get this, have a bundle of 300 arrows in your horse's saddlebags.

And where do your legs go?

>>53641449
>>53641451

>FLYING KICK

Is from an EXPERIMENTAL book, faggot. It's like using shit from Unearthed Arcana.
>>
>>53641673
I dunno bro why do we do anything?
>>
>>53641674
>>53641675
>>53641673
What do you want me to do, screencap replies with (You)s to prove Wayne's posts aren't mine?
>>
>t. Paidrone tries to bait and rustle everyone's jimmies by pretending to be retarded.
This is just as bad as faffing to your Cabal games
>>
>>53641657
They're only mean-tempered because they do not get pats.

And they're only smelly because humans forbid them the usage of baths, because they love water so much they splash it everywhere.

Really, we can work this out.
>>
>>53641678
Gnolls are okay. I wanna redo them for my setting as True Neutral shamans and hunters in a not!Africa setting.
>>
>>53641690
>Is from an EXPERIMENTAL book, faggot. It's like using shit from Unearthed Arcana.
>EXPERIMENTAL
>Mandatory for organized play

What did you mean by this, Wayne?
>>
>>53641457
>just leave faggot
>I'm wrong and just realized making arrows isn't as quick and easy as I thought it was, so now I want you to go away and stop being right
>>53641469
>PF AND 3.5 ARE THE SAME FUCKING GAME YOU RETARD!

lol no. Not even close. 90% similar rules, maybe, but VASTLY different in power level, flavor, and expectations.

>>53641471
>It doesn't matter if I can make an arrow, my character is highly trained in making them.

Not in the fucking wilderness he can't. At least not without taking a whole day to make like 3 arrows. In the meantime, you've been eaten by a pack of wolves. gg no re
>>
>>53641449
no broodie
>>
>>53641488
>The Druid has 3+6+5 = 14 in Survival, you can kill yourself now.

That means literally nothing. You don't craft arrows with survival. Holy shit and apparently I was retarded.

>>53641526
It's alternate rules for classes. It literally makes rogue and monk MORE powerful. So it is experimental, or else the core rogue and monk are no longer legitimate options and should be deleted from teh game / errata'd
>>
File: 1401581221424.jpg (125KB, 757x885px) Image search: [Google]
1401581221424.jpg
125KB, 757x885px
>>53641705

Do not try to work things out with a gnoll.

They overprice everything and attempt to push shoddy merchandise.
>>
Reminder that Wayne didn't respond to >>53641575, an actually-viable counterargument, because he is a shitposter.

Report and ignore everyone. We're better than a pair of half-rate shitposters.
>>
>>53641732
No I'm broodie I don't know who that is
>>
Fuck, fine, if this is the thread where we all take the bait I'll do it too.

>>53641719
>he doesn't know you make ammunition in batches of 50
>have a literal superhuman character with 20 Int and a +16 Craft modifier
>"hurrr you don't know how to make arrows"
>>
File: 1485286830501.png (634KB, 1000x957px) Image search: [Google]
1485286830501.png
634KB, 1000x957px
>>53641674
Literally the next level Fighter gets 6 attacks
Everyone else is already outdamaging your precious kineticist, he never recovers.

>>53641690
>And where do your legs go?
Not from the rules.

>Is from an EXPERIMENTAL book, faggot
UC Monk is PFS legal.
>>
>>53641532
>>53641531
Unearthed Arcana was 1pp too but you didn't see most DMs allowing gestalt characters now did you?
>>53641542
>but also DEMANDS that you play the Unchained Summoner.

Yeah because core summoner is OP as fuck. PFS is a joke anyway. They should make an unchained kineticist.
>>
>>53641690
>Is from an EXPERIMENTAL book
>Ignoring how everyone already BTFO'd him about how its an already published book that is enforced in Official Paizo games and rulings

Also, Barbarian can get Pounce, so even then you're argument still falls

>>53641719
>ignoring crafting rules
>ignoring provisions under Survival skill rules
>Trying to kludge in low-fantasy into a system that shits itself at being able to do anything low fantasy
>forgetting there are spells that can just fabricate or replicate ammo anyway
Nigga, you just played yoself
>>
>>53641741
No we aren't.
>>
>>53641747
Hooray, the real BUILDPOSTER is here!
>>
>>53641708
Mmmmh

I like you.

But I do like their savage side myself, their mean and monstruous reputation. Biker gangs!

In my setting there's this conflict between default gnolls that have a harsh survival culture, and those that want to limit its excesses. Still they generally agree that smacking heads is core to gnollish culture.
>>
File: pic_hero_drakon.png (257KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
pic_hero_drakon.png
257KB, 256x256px
>>53641678

Why do you like gnolls, anon? They're jerks, and their sense of humor is the worst.
>>
>>53641570
So you need a quiver AND a backpack. You can't fit both on your back. You leave all your medical supplies and camping supplies and food behind, to carry a bunch of fucking arrows you don't even need. You starve to death in the wildnerness but you have plenty of arrows. Too bad you are drained to -6 dex and can't even fight off the wolves that attack you and eat your entire party. gg no re
>>
>>53641599
The blasts do count as magic and bypass DR/magic. So, just use DR/cold iron or something. Or just DR/Bludgeoning or Piercing or Slashing, he has to actually pick which one his blast does when he uses it, and shittons of creatures have those.
>>
File: 1489355770699.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1489355770699.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>53641753
>Unearthed Arcana was 1pp too but you didn't see most DMs allowing gestalt characters now did you?
>>
>>53641753
Because Gestalt is specifically a campaign variant.
>>
>>53641778
I place the quiver into my backpack. What now?
>>
>>53641753
>Unearthed Arcana was 1pp too but you didn't see most DMs allowing gestalt characters now did you?
Except UC Monk is literally required and the Paizo approved fixed monk.
>>
>>53641738
I want to negotiate stuff with gnolls!

>>53641772
I can roll with that. Gnoll biker gangs that wear jorts and listen to Mastodon is kino in my books
>>
>>53641753

Actually...

You may want to look at the games that have been recruiting from here. A looooooooot of them have been gestalt. Like, "3PP are taking the effects of gestalting into consideration due to feedback from these games" number of gestalt games.

Also, selectively saying "Hurr, yeah, this okay, but monk not okay" wins you a free helicopter ride.
>>
Wow. I never thought I'd see a "Kineticists are OP! REEEEEEEEE" retard outside the Pazio forums. A truly rare and endangered species.
We must protect this strange creature, lest he get overly triggered and sperg out upon seeing something else OP like a trip focused Monk or a thrown weapon based Fighter.
>>
>>53641778
You don't even need the bag of holding. The Abundant Quiver has sever built into it at a cheap and affordable price

Also, Bags of Holding are specifically not Backpacks, they are just normal sacks you can have tied to your belt
>>
>>53641811
Organized play = the official, publisher approved rules of the game.

Just because you're salty about that doesn't change it, snowflake-kun.
>>
Besides Companion to the Lonely, what other social talents aren't on the srd?
>>
>>53641808
You weren't around back in my heyday, were you?

>>53641811
>argue something's illegal
>"it's actually in organized play"
>"i-irrelevant"
>>
>>53641747
>have a literal superhuman character with 20 Int and a +16 Craft modifier

You still can't craft arrows in the wilderness, faggot. The rules let you "craft" something in a blank empty room if you roll a high craft check, doesn't mean you can do that either, dumbfuck.

>>53641575
The rules don't say you can use a backpack in place of a quiver. Therefore, you cannot draw arrows. Therefore you can't fire your bow. Nice job. Epic fail.
>>
>>53641778
>Claims he worked at an archery range
>Never heard of hip-mounted quivers
>>
>>53641842
>>53640747
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: 1479266185804.jpg (2MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1479266185804.jpg
2MB, 2480x3507px
>>53641799
>forces people to stick to the rules
>literally makes up rules that don't exist to countermand points

>>53641811
Man what do you even DO when a Wizard uses Magic Jar or Planar Binding? There's nothing you can do to stop him, it's entirely legal, you keep saying the DM can't bend rules. So I guess you gotta deal with an Efreet farm.
>>
Question: Is there a class/archetype/feat in pathfinder that lets you spend weapon durability on increasing damage or other effects?
>>
>>53641833
>"it's actually in organized play"

That doesn't mean it's fucking legal.

>>53641830
>Organized play = the official, publisher approved rules of the game.

Yeah and that stupid fucking kike SKR thinks crossbows are overpowered, you really give a shit what he says or thinks?
>>
>>53641738
Fuck, where's that picture of a gnoll selling a djinn in a bottle? Out of picture caption was something like

"Air spirit, only used for light housework!"

Noll got wares if you have good jokes. Cackle cackle.

>>53641776
Spotted the guy who got thrown in a lake by gnolls for his birthday and didn't find it funny.

It's a day where you commemorate the wetness that gives life, Anon.
>>
>>53641799
>Oh shit do I need to count because I am pretty sure less than 50% of the stat blocks in there contain some form of DR.
Given your behavior in these threads?

Probably.
>>
>>53641678
I like my Gnolls like the Hyenas in Digger
>>
I know you've probably PM'd your crush, /pgg/. But HOW do you PM them? Do you just ask how their day went? Do you request RP formally, or flirtatiously suggest an idea? Or do you jump right into RP with all the tact of LEMME SMASH?
>>
>>53641863
SKR left the company years ago, mongoloid.
>>
>>53641863
>That doesn't mean it's fucking legal.
>something being literally the official and patched version of the class and being the ONLY legal version of the Monk doesn't mean it's legal
Explain.
>>
>>53641833
>>53641855
>B-Buildposter has entered the ring...!?!?!?
>WILL /PFG/'S CHAMPION OF AUTISM SMACK DOWN THIS NEWCOMER????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo
>>
File: 1451885020623.jpg (266KB, 723x934px) Image search: [Google]
1451885020623.jpg
266KB, 723x934px
>>53641865

Do not commemorate special days with gnolls.

They'll eat and drink everything, make a mess, and leave you with the bill.
>>
>>53641871
Patrician.

>>53641794
Uber-Patrician. We also keep running into each other. You still got that picture?
>>
>>53641863
SKR left the company before they published Unchained, and was the one responsible for the original Core Monk, which is universally considered one of the most underpowered classes in the game.

You are defeating your own arguments.

Also, considering that Paizo has gone on record saying that Core Monk will be no longer supported or legal and that UC Monk should be considered legal for all games is pretty solid proof that it is legal, no?
>>
>>53641906
I have it but I have no clue where it is.
>>
>>53641902
...Bilbo, those were dwarves.

But the trick is, just like with dwarves, to just invite them somewhere else that isn't your place.

Like the local church. It's funny.

(I don't like churches)
>>
File: GATTAI.gif (2MB, 396x216px) Image search: [Google]
GATTAI.gif
2MB, 396x216px
>>53641894
Everyone! Give Buildposter your Energy so that he mayuse his DPR Spreadsheet Powers to defeat and slay Wayne once and for all!

Though he may have once been my enemy in the past, I will gladly support him to slay this new threat!
>>
>>53641917
Actually Core Monk was Bulmahn's doing most likely. SKR just didn't like them.
>>
>>53641925
It's in your heart, always.
>>
>>53641957
Buildposter! Believe in the me that believes in you!

>>53641982
Thanks senpai
>>
>>53641953
Varg pls
>>
>>53641968
Is Buhlamn the true final villain of Paizo?
>>
File: cbab08b3de4679d84d7225c06f8d004f.jpg (180KB, 1009x712px) Image search: [Google]
cbab08b3de4679d84d7225c06f8d004f.jpg
180KB, 1009x712px
>>53641953

Do not go to church with gnolls.

They're very loud, get dirt all over the pews, and steal the hymnals so they can make up goofy songs by changing the words.
>>
>>53641832
Any help?
>>
>>53641863
here, buddy, you can have some other people of your caliber to talk to.

https://discord.gg/KPKWdyr
>>
>>53641957
JOIN TOGETHER WITH YESTERDAY'S FOE TO SMASH FATE, AND TAKE DESTINY INTO OUR OWN HANDS!

BUUUUUUUUILLLLLLLLLLDPOSTER! Take my energy!
>>
>>53641997
>me, an e-celeb
Sadly, no and I hope never

>>53641990
J O R T S
O
R
T
S

Plasma kukris in Starfinder when?
>>
>>53639089

I'm thinking about playing a very specific character build for a high level campaign.

Wizard with all the dimensional dervish related feats plus quicken spell.

As I see it, if I use all my all my level 8 slots for quickened dimension doors I can flit around the battlefield with my swift action causing enemies to be flanked for the round, cast touch spells with no AoO with a golden serpent armlet and still end my turn somewhere safe.

Any thoughts on how to make this work? I realize it is far from optimized but I have a great story for this character's unusual affinity for warping around like crazy.
>>
>>53641833
I so badly want to believe you're the real BUILDPOSTER.
Crunching numbers to argue with you was actually pretty fun.
This Wayne guy doesn't have the finesse to be a truly great baiter.
>>
>>53642020
Please post more stories
>>
>>53641832
>>53642023

Honestly, if there's stuff from Ultimate Intrigue missing, there's probably so much from later books missing that it's easier to tell what actually IS there.
>>
>>53641833
I can't believe I'm saying this, but... if that IS the real you, BUILDPOSTER? Welcome back.
>>
Wayne BTFO
>>
File: Book of Dubs 33-22.jpg (100KB, 535x600px) Image search: [Google]
Book of Dubs 33-22.jpg
100KB, 535x600px
>>53642077
Truly glorious that he beast is slain.
Also, nice dubs
>>
File: 132840290798.png (22KB, 651x687px) Image search: [Google]
132840290798.png
22KB, 651x687px
>>53642055

Do not tell stories to gnolls.

They constantly interrupt with inane questions and often pretend to misunderstand and mix up different parts so they can make fun of you for telling it.
>>
>>53642101
I want a cute gnoll to tell stories with and remix them into funnier variants!
>>
>>53642020
Have you ever tried to sleep with gnolls in your party? They're always awake and cackling at 4 AM or 22 PM, but in the middle of the day? They fucking snooze.
>>
>>53642112
>22 PM
>>
>>53642030
Wait, are you fucking for real? That's kind of sad.
>>
>>53642112
>>53642119
>Not realizing the gnoll changed the numbers on the clock
>>
>>53642138
Difficult terrain.
>>
>>53641954
OH MY GOD ITS VIRT YOU'RE RIGHT
>>
>>53642154
Wow, it's almost like I'm good at picking out shitposters from the way they post. Now if dumbasses would stop going "but it's totally not the same guy :^)))))))" whenever Richard Petty gets called out.
>>
>>53642101
Gnolls are largely unappreciated.

>>53642151
I learned to forget time was a thing because of gnolls hiding under my bed and crawling out just to fuck with my clocks.

>>53642101
I need one of these in those college lectures.
>>
>>53642153
Aaaaaah, I am undone...!

*Explodes like a Muslim in downtown Paristan*
>>
>>53642014
Most of the stuff we have against him were rulings that came from Jason Bulmahn
Jason Bulmahn:
>All of Core iirc
>Summoner
>Witch
>Oracle
>Shaman
>Arcanist
>Occultist

Knuckledusters in Adventurer's Armory? SKR
Knuckleduster nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Delegating Mark Seifter away from Unchained Monk? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to Core Rogue initially? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to tumbling, rings of blinking, quick draw, sneak attack etc? Jason Bulmahn
Crane Wing Riposte nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Admitting to not playtesting things? Jason Bulmahn
Mounted Vital Strike etc. nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Medium spirits nerfed from 54 to 6? Jason Bulmahn
Quickrunner's shirt errata? Jason Bulmahn
Ring of Ferocious Action errata? Jason Bulmahn
Brawling as a +3? Jason Bulmahn
Jingsa of the Fortunate Soldier nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Ultimate Equipment errata in general? Jason Bulmahn

You tell me.
>>
>>53642138
Ignore this false sheppard, I am the True Wayne! Behold my capabilities of shifting goal posts, ignoring my own arguments and points, and pretending to know anything about 3.pf despite having no grasp of how this system works at all! Also watch as I try to complain about PF being different than 3.5 despite thm being basically the same except for one or two small and minor differences
>>
>>53642135
I am deadly-serious. It is beyond however sad you think it is, and is even worse.
>>
>>53642182
>>53642138
>>53642175
Will this be the new Nightfall?
>>
>>53642191
Shhhhh! We speak not its name here, lest we invite chaos and oblivion ino our midsts
>>
>>53642182
>>53642191
No! I am Waynicus.
>>
>>53642104

Do not want cute gnolls.

They'll never let you hear the end of it if they find out.
>>
File: Matt Damon.gif (544KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Damon.gif
544KB, 500x233px
>>53642210
Matt Damon!
>>
>>53641954
>>53642018
>>53642030
Okay the paranoia has reached a new level. Not every shitposter is virt.
>>
>>53642234
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>53642061
Any ideas of social talents to take at first level of an exposed vigilante?
>>
>>53642191
SPEAK NOT HIS NAME
>>
>>53642234
You... are... FALSE!

You... shall... BREAK!

I am the true Wayne, there is no other but me!
>>
>>53642234
>says he wants to enforce the rules
>ignores WBL rules and shifting goal posts
>Complains about PF even though this was exactly the same back in 3.5
Nice try virt!
>>
>>53642239
I want a gnollmom who is a strict disciplinarian!
>>
>>53642255
Its good to try and belive them to be, lest we lose even more faith in humanity
>>
hey guys whats up
>>
File: 1449595818486.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
1449595818486.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
This was a good thread. I liked this thread. We didn't talk about celebrities in this thread.
>>
>>53642175
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paristan
>>
>>53642317
>implying Virt isn't the biggest /tg/ celeb of them all
>>
>>53642321
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paristan
Well, I mean, Paris does have a lot of gays

Calling it fairyland isn't far off from the mark.
>>
>>53642321

>Fairies are fair-haired with light eyes and pale skin

Sweden is literally Fairyland to Middle Easterners, who knew!
>>
Talk me out of applying to another game. Distract me with something.
>>
>>53642317
We'll fix that soon enough
>>
This has been my favorite PFG thread I can remember

God bless you Wayne.
>>
>>53642348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKrwimOyZo

This will keep you occupied briefly.
>>
>>53642348
Hey the new Fire Emblem game is pretty cool, right?
>>
>>53642348
you'll end up in the same position as me.
>>
File: 1453269436792.gif (1001KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453269436792.gif
1001KB, 440x300px
>mfw all I want is Starfinder to come out so I can play a brain-in-a-jar Soldier
>>
>>53642361
>>53642362
Too late already rolling Gascoigne Junior for PLD
>>
>>53642281

Do not let gnollmoms be disciplinarians.

They'll be extremely strict, but their terrible sense of humor and inability to avoid causing trouble themselves will invariably teach the children to misbehave no matter what they say.
>>
Ok stop namefagging
>>
>>53641690

>And where do your legs go?

Have you never seen a saddled horse?
>>
If any of you ever use my name we're not friends anymore.
>>
File: Aka and Lorkhan connection.png (3MB, 2962x2484px) Image search: [Google]
Aka and Lorkhan connection.png
3MB, 2962x2484px
>>53642348
Here, this should distract you for a while
>>
My legs are OK.
>>
>>53642400
you're not captain slow at all
>>
>>53642393
You're not my dad!
>>
File: horse-Saddlebags.jpg (59KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
horse-Saddlebags.jpg
59KB, 500x373px
>>53642390

See that roll at the back. couple of hundred arrows at the back. You can also get extra bags further up the neck that can only hold light things, like arrows for instance.
>>
File: 1427646960454.gif (726KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1427646960454.gif
726KB, 320x240px
>>53642385
Godspeed.

>>53642400
Did you gain brouzouf today, fellow culter?
>>
>>53642414
You're right.
>>
>>53642361
Pretty cocky for a C-list memester.
>>
File: RIMANAAAAAH.png (169KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
RIMANAAAAAH.png
169KB, 624x480px
>>53642425
Much brouzouf
>>
File: boyblue.jpg (661KB, 1236x4000px) Image search: [Google]
boyblue.jpg
661KB, 1236x4000px
>>53642348
Look, a distraction!
>>
File: 1456284779541.gif (1005KB, 444x272px) Image search: [Google]
1456284779541.gif
1005KB, 444x272px
>>53642453
I have more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJAQQdq9t2s

>>53642456
Good.
>>
>>53642478
Seen it. Nice try tho.
>>
Son of a bitch.
>>
>>53642505
HORY SHEET!
>>
>>53642521
OH MY GOD
>>
>>53642521
>>53642505

HOLY SHIT, IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE?
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (180KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
180KB, 960x960px
>>53642527
>>
>>53642527
Dojyaaan~
>>
>>53642317
Does that mean you like gnolls too now?

>>53642387
I legit want a gnollmom

My own mother was shit

I wanna be adopted

By gnolls

>>53642239
Who else will receive my pats?!
>>
PAGE 8 NEW BREAD!
>>53642556
>>53642556
>>53642556
Also
Wayne is a ho
>>
>>53642054
>>53642072
Sort of. I'm not the original, but back in the day I was one of the most prolific people posting using the name, and I know for a fact there were at least 4 of us who regularly posted. I'm halfway certain that I posted as BUILDPOSTER more often than the original guy did. Either way, I'm back after a college-induced hiatus and ready to argue about builds and other shit as needed.
>>
How dick would it be to put a PC in a chamber that keeps them trapped until they can pass a will save that allows them to escape, if they get another save at a regular time interval like every five or ten minutes? How much MORE dick would it be if it's a save with an arbitrarily high DC so they can only pass on a nat 20?

Not even asking for a game, just wondering what people think, since I know /pfg/ (or should that be /ppg/ now?) is full of normal and well-adjusted players.
>>
>>53642841
If the rest of the party is actually doing stuff in the meantime and this player has to sit out?
Awful.

If they're locked up and the party will reach them in a few days, and these saves are to see if they break free in the meantime?
That's cool.

In example 1 it denies them agency, and in example 2 it gives them more agency.
>>
>>53642841
>How much MORE dick would it be if it's a save with an arbitrarily high DC so they can only pass on a nat 20?
This is the dick part. Also, if his allies can't help him that's also dick.

Ironically, this has been done before, and slightly not quite dickish. Look up the Father Blasphemy encounter from the Haunting of Harrowstone if you want some inspiration
>>
>>53641118
>Also you cannot craft arrows in the wilderness dumbfuck.

Theory disproven
https://youtu.be/SLoukoBs8TE
>>
>>53639677
My GM canceled the session, told everybody but me.
>>
I forget, were the new round of PLD apps supposed to be PMs, or just posted in a Roll20 thread?
>>
>>53639183
Donjon is pretty legit
Thread posts: 483
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.