[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 46

>Stream of Annihilation:
http://dnd.wizards.com/streamofannihilation

>Unearthed Arcana Update
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-update

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread:
>>53604014

Are you excited to explore the land of Chult in all of it's glory, and acquaint yourself with all of the peoples and cultures living in it?
>>
File: tribaldwarf.jpg (49KB, 490x594px) Image search: [Google]
tribaldwarf.jpg
49KB, 490x594px
>>53609906
I've already played two Chult campaigns in the past that were pretty cool, but it'll be nice to back to it in 5E since my current group is largely too new to remember all the old Chult source shit.

It better have rules for Jungle Dwarves wearing mud-and-hair armor and blowdarting dinosaurs.
>ABDELFATAH
>not ABCDEFATAH
>>
I, for one, am thankful that dinosaur necromancy will be a major feature of this new storyline.
>>
>>53610025
>everyone knowing Chult exists now means that every Druid everywhere will be begging to turn into dinosaurs because "my character totally went on vacation to Chult and saw raptors and a t-rex"
yeah i bet he had a summer vacation to the frozen north and saw a fucking crag cat too
>>
I'd like to play Chult instead of my DMs next sandbox, which is most likely going to be generic sword coast setting with different names
>>
>>53609906
Going by older editions, not a lot of human cultures actually DO exist in Chult and there's more monsterous races rather then humans and demihumans there.

The jungles were just so ridiculously hostile that overall population was kept low, and the largest cultures on the peninsula were actually areas OUTSIDE of Chult proper that built around the jungles, not in them.
>>
>>53609684
Oh man I'd like to be in one of your games. I wonder how unimanigative a person can REALLY get if they try. Have you ever though of awarding advantage or some kind of bonus for well-executed tactics. No, your autism won't allow you to do anything than what the rules tell you and play the most "optimal" minmaxed builds.
>>
Has anyone else ran Rise of Tiamat and Xanthals tower. Did your group have difficulty solving the maze puzzles?

My players are nowhere near close solving the first puzzle, at this point they think the challenge rooms are the real puzzle.
>>
>>53610092
I'm pretty sure that post was sarcasm. Did the last sentence not tip you off? That's a clear reference to 4E detractors' favored gripe.
>>
Can i GM with only the players handbook?
>>
File: TheJoke.gif (564KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
TheJoke.gif
564KB, 320x251px
>>53610092
ur a dummy
>>
>>53610140
You can get all the books in the trove in the OP
>>
>>53610132
>>53610160
I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most perceptive person but there's a ton of people being serious with very similar rhetoric.
>>
>>53610170
yea that wasn't what i asked
>>
>>53610140
If you don't want to pirate (which is way easy), you can at least use the free DM's basic rules

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules
>>
>>53610185
They're the ones designing the game.
>>
>>53610192
No dumbass, either get the books somehow or fuck off.
>>
>>53610192
>>53610193
It's totally possible, but I'd reccomend at least checking them out
>>
>>53610140
>>53610192
Sure, as long as everyone only fights animals or reskinned enemies with animal stats
>>
>>53610207
Will do
>>
> Want to be Necromancer
> Don't want to be dark and edgey

Why can't people picture Witch doctor type of necromancer..? The one that use black magic to help people around them (and curse their enemies).
>>
Is this right?

If a Warlock has Devil's Sight they can see normally in no light, but dim light confers its normal disadvantages.
>>
>>53610242
No they can see in both up to 120 feet. Its why Devil's sight is good, if dim light imposed disadvantage it would be fucking garbage.
>>
>>53610242
>>53610259
Nevermind what I said, WotC are fucking retarded. Dim light doesn't work with an ability that grants you true darkvision because a candle is on in the backround.

Why do they hate warlocks this much?
>>
>We got a 3.pf player into the party
>Pacifist Cleric, doesn't use his weapons, got in love with the stupid idea of wielding two shields
>Combat is basically kicking/shoving people while we kill them
>Can't figure out how he enjoys it at all
>Haven't catch up that walking in diagonal is the same thing as walking, just like irl
>Thinks a looted blacksmith can make a Shield +1
>DM was a goof and gave him Expertise on Medicine at 1st level
>He enters every room asking "is there any check..."

Tell me about your players, /5eg/
>>
File: Skellies.jpg (123KB, 835x466px) Image search: [Google]
Skellies.jpg
123KB, 835x466px
Let's talk Tomb of Annihilation. What are you hoping it has?

Pic related gives me hope that it'll be good.
>>
Hey guys, one of my friends wants to run a one shot at level 20 today for shits, as far as melee characters go, what's the most fun I can have since I'll have all my abilities? Paladin? Fighter? Something multiclassed?
>>
Does anyone here use the rule that dim light/using darkvision in a dark place means disadvantage on perception? I've never noticed one of my DMs using it
>>
>>53610548
Tracking light conditions is a pain.
>>
I figure OP is some /pol/fag trolling but I really do appreciate all the black fantasy art you post.
>>
>>53610495
I'm excited for the subclasses mostly, looking how they'll balance Ranger, the subclasses they'll fuck over from UA, how they'll balance TWF
>>
>>53610237
Because witch doctors are also evil?
>>
so with all the streams, have they shown any new PLAYER supplement yet?

i know they said artificer and mystic for AL soon, what of the revised ranger?
>>
>>53610599
But they're not though. Witch Doctor is basically just a slightly less PC way of saying medicine man or shaman.
>>
>>53610548
Sounds dumb as fuck senpai, so no.
>>
>>53610604
>>
File: Jungles of Chult.jpg (126KB, 823x448px) Image search: [Google]
Jungles of Chult.jpg
126KB, 823x448px
Just in case you guys haven't seen it, here's some art from Tomb of Annihilation. It's pretty solid stuff.
>>
File: Yuan-Ti.jpg (172KB, 1207x677px) Image search: [Google]
Yuan-Ti.jpg
172KB, 1207x677px
>>53610656
>>
File: Dino Chase.jpg (162KB, 1213x678px) Image search: [Google]
Dino Chase.jpg
162KB, 1213x678px
>>53610673
>>
Was the Stream of Annihilation successful?

I'm fucking looking forward to Tomb of Annihilation.
>>
>>53610614
Well if all your witch doctor does is dispense herbs and do sacred dances then he's not much of a necromancer is he? You wanna play with the bad guy powers you've gotta accept people think you're a bad guy.
>>
Light Domain, Tempest Domain or War Domain?
>>
>>53610748
Tempest for the Shatter meme.
>>
Who knew Mike Mearls was such a good DM.
>>
>>53610709
Shaman use spirits and black magic to curse/hex/vex their opposition too. But they are still revere by their community. They are kinda neutral.
>>
>>53610237
Being a necromancer doesn't mean dark, edgy or evil. Expand your mind, anon.
>>
>>53610694
I guess it was? I was surprised it never was over 7800 viewers at one time. Now, I'm sure quite a few were in and out, but still.
>>
>>53610292
It's not that they hate warlocks, it's that they can't understand proper game design
>>
>>53610803
With such a punchable face it's no surprise no one knew.
>>
>>53610803
You could tell from his rulings on sage advice. Crawford is the no fun allowed guy
>>
>>53610763

What's so good about shatter? Is it just the instant 24 base damage on a level 2 spell when combined with channel divinity?
>>
File: large[1].jpg (29KB, 642x328px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
29KB, 642x328px
>>53610844
Why would you want to punch this face?
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 1000x1267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1000x1267px
Working on some backstory for my Totem barbarian and I think I'd like to make him a descendent of an Uthgardt tribe as we're playing in Forgotten Realms. Thinking of going either Tree Ghost (straight up Bear except has Speak with Plants instead of Animals / Beast Sense) or Thunderbeast (2 Bear then Tiger attunement) because they seemed cool.

The question is, can ritual casting to speak with random vegetation actually be practical?
>>
>>53610860
>Crawford is the no fun allowed guy
Crawford is just giving the answers people want. It's not like people ask him questions hoping he will say, 'It's open to interpretation, just do what you want'
>>
File: Merals.png (291KB, 399x392px) Image search: [Google]
Merals.png
291KB, 399x392px
>>53610844
>>
>>53610868
Yup, every lightning spell actually, but shatter is the first that comes to mind.
>>
File: 1403510693608.jpg (6KB, 238x416px) Image search: [Google]
1403510693608.jpg
6KB, 238x416px
when

is

the

FUCKING

SOHEI

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FUCKING EVER YOU SAID IT WOULD BE RELEASED MEARLS
>>
How do I run a W40k game with 5e?
>>
>>53610804
Yeah and the wider world thinks its abominable. If you want to be a kooky caster who throws off some curses and does necrotic damage you'll probably be fine but nobody's going to let you build an undead army or anything like that.
>>
>>53610922
You don't. 5e is too forgiving to players what with death saves for the 41st millennium. Unlike psychic powers, magic is also generally safe. And d20 combat really doesn't represent the vast arsenal of 40k equipment very well

Play Dark Heresy, it's built for it man.
>>
>>53610922
Barbaric champions vying for Chaos' favour on some distant, forgotten world.
>>
>>53610883
>Speak with Plants
Animals is good because they will probably know more. Plants is good because it normally isn't too hard to find some sort of plant life somewhere and get some info
>>
File: 3ton.jpg (61KB, 354x597px) Image search: [Google]
3ton.jpg
61KB, 354x597px
>be me triton
>adapted to even the most extreme ocean depths
>don't have darkvision or blindsight

HOW THE FUCK DO THEY SEE DOWN THERE WOTC?????
>>
>>53611005
Availability didn't cross my mind, yeah that does seem decent actually, ty.
>>
>>53611025
They don't.
>>
>>53611005
>plant life somewhere and get some info
I always wondered what kind of info you can get from a plant. It doesn't see or hear like a humanoid. It only knows if there is water down below. What else?
>>
>>53610903
Crawford is giving the answers autismos and rule-lawyers want.
Which of course corresponds to good GMing if you go by /tg/, the place as full of gameless neets who obsessively read rules because they don't actually play, as /fit/ is full of those who don't actually lift.
>>
>>53611140
Exactly. They fucked up tritons. In order to see in extreme depths, darkvision doesn't cut it because there is no light there. Tritons should have blindsight but because that's OP, they could have a light fucking cantrip just to be able to see and fight.
>>
>>53611199
>>53611140
>>53611025
Is it inherent in this ability?
>Guardians of the Depths.

>Adapted to even the most extreme ocean depths, you have resistance to cold damage, and you ignore any of the drawbacks caused by a deep, underwater environment.
>>
>>53611025
With bioluminescent torches?
>>
I really want to play a mystic but he seems so broken that my friends and my DM will condemn me for picking a class that may be too strong. In truth I don't really care about how strong and I just kinda want to play a mage variant since I enjoyed my time with the wizard.
>>
>>53611250
No. It doesn't mention anything about expanded senses, unless you homebrew it and allow them to see normally. However, if they can do that, what's stopping them from seeing normally in total darkness?

>>53611262
Yeah. That's why tritons can't use a shield or a two-handed weapon down there. lol
>>
>>53611250
>and you ignore any of the drawbacks caused by a deep, underwater environment.

Underwater Visibility
Visibility underwater depends on water clarity and the
available light. (DMG, pg. 117)
>>
>>53611199
>darkvision doesn't cut it because there is no light there

Yeah, think how the fish down there must feel about it. Best they've got is some glowy fish and maybe a little shimmer from above. That's life for ya. A light cantrip on themselves would be a cool bioluminescence thing though.
>>
>>53611167
A bush would know if someone had recently pushed through it. A tree would know someone had pissed on it. The grass knows where people walk. Depending on what kind of outlook your DM has on it, it's possible plants might "talk" to nearby plants as well, allowing you to easily track down where people have camped or walked and when over a fairly broad area.

I mean, you're not going to get in-depth information, like "Some guy with black hair and a bunch of scars on his knuckles camped here with no fire last Tuesday night. Weird, huh?" but there's still useful information they can tell you with the right context. A particularly good tracker could probably tell you the same if you're only a few hours behind, but the edge is in the speed you can do it and the delay allowable.

Personally, I'd rule that it gives you advantage on Survival checks to find edible plants, clean water sources or to track "unusual" passers-by in an area - so people in remote places, goblin raiders, that kind of thing but not deer or other local animals. Basically just as a ribbon, and as a DM it'd give me a good way to throw plot hooks out while travelling.

>>53611298
Blindsight up to 60ft in water only, duh. They feel things moving in the water, how it flows, etc.
>>
>>53611167
>You can question plants about events in the spell’s area within the past day, gaining information about creatures that have passed, weather, and other circumstances.
You can also get them to do tasks for you, although I can't really think of much they can do for you when they can't uproot
>>
>>53611199
>darkvision doesn't cut it because there is no light there
Darkvision works in total darkness
>>
>>53611317
>Underwater Visibility
>Visibility underwater depends on water clarity and the
>available light. (DMG, pg. 117)
Even if the water is clear, there is no light in extreme depths.

>Blindsight up to 60ft in water only, duh.
There is no such thing as circumstancial blindsight. Sharks have it, so tritons should have it too. Or a light cantrip (although it's kind of lame for an underwater race).
>>
>>53611289
Talk to your DM about it.
>>
>>53611363
Then they should have at least 60 feet radius darkvision.
>>
>>53611298
>Yeah. That's why tritons can't use a shield or a two-handed weapon down there. lol

I don't think they're going down there solo.

Some will have shields, others two handed weapons, and some will carry the torches.

It's much like how humans can go into caves and dungeons without having darkvision or blindsight.
>>
>>53611458
>It's much like how humans can go into caves and dungeons without having darkvision or blindsight.
They spend their whole lives in darkness and can't see a thing by themselves?

>l.a.m.e.
>>
>>53611492
they are unlikely to need to carry shields or two handed weapons their whole lives
>>
Whats the best druid to play the classic robed celtic druid. Basically nature wizards who arent hobos.
>>
>>53610922
Replace the classes, races, backgrounds and equipment with more 40k appropriate ones.

All casters must make a CHA save dc 10+ spell level or miscast, each time they cast a spell. Maybe allow 'ritual casting' (cast time * 10) with no miscast chance.

Death save is reduced to one d20, 1-5 = death, 6-10 = permanent wound, 11-15 = temporary wound, 16-20 = no wounds.

Reward inspiration often, and allow inspiration to turn a failed death save into a 'no wounds' result.
>>
>>53611492
Who says they do?

They're adapted so that they can go there, but that's because they keep watch on the oceanic trenches, caves, and other dark and forgotten places that Sahuagin, Kraken, Merrow are forced to dwell in.

They're probably more used to the twilight realm of the Mesopelagic, where the light still reaches. And they then light their cities with various corals and anemones (as seen in the pictures for the race)

Also, the lack of Darkvision's been their burden even since 2e.

(And I'd say that the real problem with them is their magic, rather than anything else)
>>
>>53611566
nature cleric
>>
>>53611566
Cricle of Land is "Mystery of the Druids" to a T.
>>
>>53611566
Probably a Forest or Grassland druid. Just make sure you are ok with the spell list they because it isn't the most amazing one. If you don't like conjuring other things to help, you probably won't have a great time
>>
>>53610495
I'm hoping it's only loosely inspired by Tomb of Horrors. I'd rather the final Tomb be a well designed dungeon than a rehash of a 40-year-old punishment for Gygax's group.
>>
Where do I start in regards to finding a group online? I've only just started reading about D&D and want to try it, preferably with my girlfriend (who has been doing it for 5-6 years) though she said some people are going to 'red flag' her, whatever that means.

Also, how do I Paladin? She wants to play a male human Warlock, can I be an edgy Paladin or something?
>>
>>53611953
I used meetup.com and found a couple decent groups, but I live in NYC and it might be harder to find one outside of big cities
>>
>>53611953
Just learn the rule, join your girlfriend's group and show actual interest in the game. Better to play with people you know than random strangers
>>
File: vcvxfvdfgfdg.jpg (75KB, 823x719px) Image search: [Google]
vcvxfvdfgfdg.jpg
75KB, 823x719px
>5e
>running a gritty realism variant
>trying to buff up strength characters so I make it so that characters standing up within 5ft of someone provokes a AoO
>fluff all shields used with a rapier as bulkers and say that they only get +1 AC against ranged attacks
>I hope this will force spell casters and dex characters to work together to uses rough terrain to their advantage when fighting brute strength enemies
>dex fighter just jumps in and constantly attacks over and over with no variation to his plans
>the closest he comes to mixing it up is adding his manoeuvres
>gets shoved to the ground and fucked up constantly
>barbarian quits session one because a long rest is 1 week so he can't rage anytime he wants without thinking about it so the only front liner is the dex fighter and a str monk
>str monk is the only person that seems to get how to work around the system and uses his turn to grapple and shove people instead of spamming basic attacks
>spell casters act completely independently of what everyone else is doing and after at least 7/8 sessions have yet to buff a team mate or set them up and instead just spam cantrips and tune out during battle
>battles don't happen that often in my campaign as I wanted to focus on roleplay and world building so pretty much anyone who has an attitude or does something they don't like instantly gets attacked as if nothing has real world consequences and as a result they have to escape from every town after a few nights stay and one member has even broken out of jail once
>they pretty much have to camp outside in the wild for a week if they want to recover their spell slots because they can't do downtime without getting bored and wanting to kill something
>this is the second party I've tried a roleplay focused game with and this is the second time no one has enjoyed it
>people keep asking to play pathfinder instead but I can't fucking stand PF

finding another party is pretty much out of the question at this point. what now?
>>
>>53611953
Online groups are cancer. Find an IRL group.

If your girlfriends actually been playing that long she should be able to answer those questions.

Never make edgy characters they're shit.

By red flag she means they'll.make rape jokes at her expense. > See never playing online.

Paladins are pretty simple to play, you hit things till they die, heal yourself or allies, and follow the tenants of whatever the god you picked.
>>
>>53611996

I mean, as in playing online. I'm currently over in Japan and she is in Canada right now.

>>53612016

She's not with her current group and they don't do online stuff. Sorry, should have been clearer.

>>53612039

Finding an IRL group is pretty hard, I'm in country Japan and the only groups are in Tokyo, which is about 2 hours on the train.
>>
>>53612038
Have you tried not playing D&D?
>>
>>53612038
>What do?
You're a shit DM, Kys asap.
>>
File: Character_6701d5_5794256.jpg (219KB, 598x771px) Image search: [Google]
Character_6701d5_5794256.jpg
219KB, 598x771px
What are the best Gish builds people have found in 5e? I am not a metagamer at all, I usually play the healer/skill monkey/comic relief. But for my next character I think I'd like to do some serious damage. I am looking at playing a Gish because I've played pure caster and pure martial but never really mixed the two (with the exception of Paladin if you count it.)

I have 2 character concepts that I like with enough to make a backstory of each. I was looking at Paladin 2/Sorcerer 3 or Paladin 3/Warlock 2. Fighter seems like a good choice but we roll stats in my group and I feel I'd be spread too thin then.

Tl;dr recommendations on builds for a Gish and spell choices. More than likely between 5th-7th level.

Pic semi-related
>>
>>53612038
>>barbarian quits session one because a long rest is 1 week so he can't rage anytime he wants without thinking about it so the only front liner is the dex fighter and a str monk
Barbarian as a class cannot function on 1 week long rests. He was well justified to leave.
>>
>>53612038
a lot of this sounds like your fault

just go with the rules in the fucking book
>>
>>53612038
Maybe try a game where you run it like an action/adventure movie instead of a historical documentary. It sounds like you're sucking all the fun out.
>>
>>53612116
>Paladin 2/Sorcerer 3 or Paladin 3/Warlock 2
Melee classes want extra attack. MCing before you get it is bad, especially if you want to do "serious damage"
>>
>>53612038
have you considered A) not being a shit dm and B) not being shit to your players?

i understand wanting something more harsh than the basic rules, but you are completely missing the single most important thing about you know, playing a game, that is, to have actual fun?

if your players don't like it and you keep forcing them to play through it, of fucking course no one will care enough.

this is 100% your fault, really consider A) not being a shit dm.
>>
>>53612116
Eldritch knight or hexblade
>>
File: HaveYouTriedNotPlayingD&D.jpg (76KB, 831x445px) Image search: [Google]
HaveYouTriedNotPlayingD&D.jpg
76KB, 831x445px
>>53612038
You're trying to play 5e in a way it's not designed to. D&D is not a roleplaying game, it's a combat simulator with RPing for context
>>
Best level to start a D&D game? Nothing powerful, but level 1 is kinda too weak.
>>
>>53612187
Isn't that 4e?
>>
>>53612205
IT's all D&D, 4e was just the only edition honest about it.
>>
>>53612203
5-10
>>
>>53612231
this to be fucking honest.
>>
>>53612159
This is a fair point. But is it not worth it at all to multiclass before getting a second attack? I had thought with buffs and the smite damage it might be.
>>
>>53612187
Oh, let's hear about roleplaying-encouraging rules from systems that aren't D&D. People talk so much about them!
>>
>>53612203
I've always liked starting at 1, but beyond that a good starting point is 3 (so everyone has their school/archetype/etc.) I wouldn't want to start higher than 5 though, growing into an unstoppable monster who can break reality is more fun than just being an unstoppable monster who can break reality.
>>
File: image (2).jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image (2).jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>53612038
run warhammer fantasy roleplay or some OSR thing, 5e doesn't look like your stuff
>>
>>53612125
>Barbarian as a class can't hack everyone he wants to pieces anytime he wants and has to manage a resource basically forcing him to pick his battles or whether or not a battle is worth raging for.

the warlock gets this, the monk gets this. but for some reason not being able to do SICK DAMAGE every single encounter was unacceptable for him.

seeing as the majority of fights they cause are completely avoidable I can't feel sorry for them

why do people care whats "viable" in a make believe game?
>>
>>53612273
Martials can never break reality though. Level 15 isn't terribly different than level 5 for them
>>
>>53612305
Because they like being competent and contributing in a mechanically meaningful way
>>
>>53612305
>why do people care whats "viable" in a make believe game?
why do you care about resource managing and up the ass special snowflake mechanics to nerf your players in a make believe game?

fuck off, honestly, you have no place being anyone's dm.
>>
>>53612038
You are the worst DM I've ever seen.

Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>53612305
Both of those classes don't have to wait a week until their special abilities are usable again. The barbarian does, and he only has one special ability to boot. Barb is a dead simple class and if he can't do his one trick there's no reason not to be a fighter instead
>>
>>53612357
>You are the worst DM I've ever seen.
how new are you kiddo?
>>
>>53612116
Pal 11 / warlock X / sorc X
Take hexblade 1 for cha +hit on any non two handed weapons or 3/4 for cursebringer whivh is better at smiting dump the rest into sorc for more slots
>>
>>53612402
i still want to make some sort of hexblade/oathbreaker but no sane dm will ever let me.
>>
File: disgust cat.png (38KB, 602x876px) Image search: [Google]
disgust cat.png
38KB, 602x876px
>>53612402
>UA
>>
>>53612203
1 if you want to roleplay a character that is rather clueless, subpar trained, or hasn't even finished their training (most classes don't yet get archetypes by then)
3 if wanting to start as a competent but inexperienced adventurer
5-10 for varying degrees of renown, heroism, and power
10-15 if you're already a world-renowned adventurer with great power
15-20 for world-changing, incredibly-powerful-entities defeating champion/villain
>>
>>53612398
You're the second worst DM I've ever seen.

Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>53612116
Straight Stone Sorcerer is a decent gish.

Fighter 1 / Bladelock X, works best with UA for Moon Bow on Fey or Mace on Fiend (smite weapons), but it's functional without UA though it requires a very narrow build path.

Arcane Trickster or any other Swashbuckler with Magic Initiate. Not much of a spellcaster, but your primary means of attack is the Booming Blade cantrip.

And if your goal is to put out the big, there's sorlock. Sorcerer with 3 levels of Warlock.

Now, this is not strictly a gish because you will have an amazing means of ranged attack through Eldritch Blast+Quickened Eldritch Blast, but since you're taking 3 levels of Warlock anyway, you can grab Tome for Shillelagh, and do like a Sorcadin and smack shit with Quickened/Twinned GFB and BB. Grab Moderately Armored and you'll have decent AC too, even.

>>53612159
Paladin 2/Sorc X doesn't get Extra Attack, gets their extra attacks from quickening the SCAG cantrips.

Getting Warlock levels early means you're using Eldritch Blast for damage, not weapon attacks (in the first place, Palalock goes for Shillelagh or Hexblade, so it's a CHA-primary build).
>>
File: Kuwabara01.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kuwabara01.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
i don't understand how anyone could play a gish in this edition with how concentration works, you'll get one buff on yourself that you can easily lose from a concentration check, can only essentially have one buff because of this as well.

For instance we have this paladin that keeps casting shield of faith on himself, which requires concentration, then he goes and walks into the fray.

he takes a ton of damage, but the DMs have yet to come upon the idea that the spell has concentration and requires all those checks every single time. They been playing with the idea of me DM'ing, and if he runs that paladin i'm making the immediately apparent (I haven't said anything so far cause it's been so beneficial for us)
>>
>>53612485
Unfortunately, my DM never forgets.
>Hunter's Mark is an integral part of the Ranger as a class
>Oh but it's a concentration spell and Rangers have like 3 spell slots, hope that wasn't a problem goy :^)
inb4 just don't get hit
>>
>>53612463
>eating through a very limited daily resource to imitate extra attack
This is not a sound tactic
>>
>>53612425
Hexblade 1-4 / devotion 4-6 / dragon sorc gold (the dm im planning on using this for okayed homebrewing platinum for a thunder based bloodline)

Playing him as a dragonborn paladin of bahamut who swore a pact to a dragonslaying weapon and is on a mission to hunt down and slay evil dragons.
Stnd array gets me a starting 15 str to wear any heavy armor i want and i just need to pump cha for double cha to hit with a longsword and shield
>>
>>53612485
I play almost exclusively gishes and I've failed con checks maybe twice. Half the time they don't hit me and the other half the dc is low as fuck. A lot of fights I just get spells shot at me and never even roll.
>>
>>53612575
Doesn't work early on but around 8th level they have the resources to spare.

Just like most multiclasses.
>>
>>53612640
Well we're talking about lvl 5 aren't we?
>>
File: bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>53612038
Unbelievably shitty gm, or shitty bait, don't know which is saddest.
>>
>>53612116
Gishes don't really do 'serious damage' though, their thing is that they'll be good at many things but great at none.

Unless you're going Hexblade you should probably start with a level of Fighter, Paladin or even Cleric for armor proficiency because lower hit dice (spellcasters are usually d6 or d8) usually mean you're not gonna be taking a lot of hits.

>>53612305
I can really understand it though. It's not about 'viable' or not, but the Barbarian's whole deal is take hits and return them. They can't really do much else. Once they've raged two or three times they need to wait a week until they'll be useful in battle again. On the other hand, the Warlock can throw out an AoE or a Hex every encounter or so, have powerful cantrips as well as out-of-battle utility with a few at will powers. The Barbarian...Gets advantage on Dex saves for traps. That's it. It's useful, but it gets dull, especially if one of his party members is a magical acrobat who makes all his dex saves with no problem anyways.
>>
File: 1474423628114.jpg (12KB, 234x214px) Image search: [Google]
1474423628114.jpg
12KB, 234x214px
I need some clarification about the smite spells

For instance, searing smite says...

"The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon
attack during the spell’s duration", so does that mean that only the next attack that hits get this then the spell is essentially used up? It's not for every attack that hits but just the one?
>>
>>53612402
Which oath for paladin?
>>
>>53612931
Yes, you have until the duration runs out to score a hit. When you successfully hit something, the spell is used up.
>>
Is focusing on grappling just a meme, or is it actually a viable way to play? Can you still do decent things while in a situation where you can't grapple?
>>
>>53612974
Depends on how much you 'focus' and how.

Barbarogue is an excellent grappler, and when they can't shove/grapple something, they can simply equip a shield and stab normally.
>>
>>53612974
It's a meme
>Can you still do decent things while in a situation where you can't grapple
Depends how much you focused. If to the degree you can reliably grapple anything grappleable, probably not.
>>
>tfw no one to play with
Living in the middle of nowhere and reading about DnD was a mistake. I am constantly making chars with backgrounds and motives but i don't even have a group to play with so i just bin them again and lock my PHB up before I get tempted again
>>
>>53612798
all I'm taking from this is that I should abandon 5e and play hillfolk instead with complete strangers.

it's unbelievable how many of you are complacent with player approaching every situation the exact same way, "oh a Cyclops. uhh I walk up to it and attack it with my axe" "oh a shadow demon. I walk up to it and attack it with my rapier" is it too much to ask for a team to be expected to analyse a fight and approach it in a way that actually deals with the threat accordingly rather than doing the same shit over and over and expecting it to work because the PHB doesn't tell them exactly what to do in every situation.

Is fighting smart so hard? is it so unreasonable to expect roleplaying and downtime to be more than going to a tavern and starting a bar fight with a rude dwarf and then pulling out a knife when they start to take a bit more damage than they were hoping for?

when did RPG's become BIG NUMBERS = FUN?

Warlock has 18 cha but "he's the silent type" so he doesn't try to sweet talk anyone. how convenient.

people complain about railroading but when you give them freedom to explore a world and peruse intrigue they've been told about they just get upset that they're not being forced into killing some unreasonable orc who insists on fighting to the death for absolutely no reason what so ever.

no one wants to be an adventurer exploring a world anymore, it seems DnD has become the elder scrolls and everyone wants to be the chosen one on a super impotent quest

no one wants a meaningful interactions with characters that change the players character, they want dwarvern bar mades who speak in a scottish accent who tell you about a pesky gnoll camp who are kidnaping travellers.

why do you people complain about crit roll again? seems I'm being demonized just for trying to stray away from that type of game.

even if I'm going about it the wrong way trying to discourage nonstop meaningless fighting in itself shouldn't be looked down.
>>
>>53612974
Just play a Strength melee character with a shield. Want to grapple? Don't draw the shield. Otherwise grab the shield. The feat that gives you advantage against grappled foes is useful too.

Alternatively, monks are good grapplers because they usually have a free hand anyways, as well as strong unarmed strikes. I think it's the tavern brawler feat that can take advantage of that.
>>
>>53613025
>is it too much to ask for a team to be expected to analyse a fight and approach it in a way that actually deals with the threat accordingly rather than doing the same shit over and over and expecting it to work because the PHB doesn't tell them exactly what to do in every situation.
Yes.
>>
>>53612933
Dev lets you do double cha mod to hit
Anci lets you givr magic resist to your team
Vegn has something
Oathbreaker too op please nerf from adding +cha to dmg
>>
>>53613007
All you need to reliably grapple anything grappeable is Expertise (rogue 1 or bard 3) and a source of Advantage (barbarian rage or 2nd level spell enhance ability) on an STR-focused character.

Actually focusing on grappling means going full meme with powerslamming builds, which mean grabbing feats, racials, and sometimes weird multiclasses.

But reliable grapples are piss easy to acquire, which is what makes grappling strong as a tactic.
>>
>>53613040
>monks are good grapplers
Don't lie to the man. They are the worst out of the melee classes due to no way to focus in str
>>
>>53610827
>less than a third of Critical Role's viewership
>>
File: question mark.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
question mark.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
is twinned haste a thing? does doing 2 concentration spells at the same time override the whole can't do another concentration while already concentrating?
>>
>>53610637
Who is ready for official Lore Wizard and Theurgist? :D
>>
>>53613101
Twining does because specific beats general.
Its really all sorc is good for
>>
File: read the phb.jpg (65KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
read the phb.jpg
65KB, 600x686px
>>53613040

Jesus christ you don't even know the grapple rules, do you?

>The feat that gives you advantage against grappled foes is useful too.

No, why the fuck? After grappling you shove prone, so EVERYONE gets advantage.

>Alternatively, monks are good grapplers because they usually have a free hand anyways

You grapple with Strength. Are you suggesting a strength monk? Go home.

>I think it's the tavern brawler feat that can take advantage of that.

Tavern Brawler needs you to connect an unarmed strike to initiate the grapple attempt - in theory it eases up your action economy, but the only actual reason to take it is that it turns your unarmed strikes from base 1 to base d4, so for dedicated dual grapplers or shield grapplers it ups their damage dealing ability as they slam whatever's caught with unarmed strikes.

It's completely fucking useless for monks.
>>
>>53613101
twinning is the exception. and the only really good thing about sorcerer id say.
>>
>>53613125
Wizard is only getting one, probably Theurgy. Everyone else is getting 2-3
>>
>>53613068
>needing levels in at least two different classes
>needing 13 in STR, CON and DEX/CHA
>not a weird multiclass
>>
>>53613133
Why grapple then shove? To keep them down?
>>
>>53613180
to get up you need to spend movement, you cant move if you are grappled. it keeps em down way longer if they have to break grapple first.
>>
>>53613180
grappling reduces speed to 0, and you need to use speed to stand up
>>
>>53613144
>impplying barbs dont always have at least 14 str dex and con anyway
>>
>>53613203
>but I wanted to play a fighter.jpg
>>
>>53613144
The only "tax" here is 13 CHA, but what the fuck? Do you minmax your stats that much that nothing that is combat essential is at 8?

Barb already needs 14 DEX to function; they don't hurt from taking a level of Rogue, and in fact are better off just doing nothing but rogue after level 5 when they run out of good class abilities.

Bards don't even need to multiclass to be decent grapplers.
>>
>>53613025
>is it too much to ask for a team to be expected to analyse a fight and approach it in a way that actually deals with the threat accordingly rather than doing the same shit over and over and expecting it to work because the PHB doesn't tell them exactly what to do in every situation.

Barbarians are built from the ground up to accommodate a playstyle that involves charging in and cleaving heads first and asking questions later.

By trivializing an entire class into a bare chested fighter who can get angry once a week you're basically chopping off a carpenter's hands and still expecting him to build a house.

It's your job as the DM to accomodate the players' actions and then establish consequences for those actions. Have the Barbarian get captured and put in prison for trying to start a fight for a bad reason, have him/your other players get fucked for forcing combat when it isn't needed. Don't chop their dicks off before they even start playing.
>>
>>53613261
I will never be comfortable with the idea of bard grapplers. That shit's just wierd
>>
>>53613261
>Barb already needs 14 DEX to function; they don't hurt from taking a level of Rogue, and in fact are better off just doing nothing but rogue after level 5 when they run out of good class abilities.
That would also be a good way to more-or-less make Conan the Barbarian.
>>
>>53613144
Start with a race that gives +'s to 2 of str,dex or con.
Pointbuy gets you there wear med/light armor until you up con/dex
>>
>>53613133
My reason for taking Tavern Brawler is to hurl a grappling hook at enemies in combat and beat foes with my shield (1d4+6 because I have Dueling style) while I have them grappled. I also hurl flasks of acid and oil as if they were rocks with the attack action.
But yeah, it isn't useful for monks. I'm a battlemaster.
>>
What fabric would be best to print a map of the Sword Coast on?
>>
Given a free feat, what should I pick for sword and board Barbarian? Unless you can convince me to get on the great weapon meme.
Considering Martial Adept but what else might be good, party composition is Wizard, Cleric, Rogue, Monk
>>
>>53613403
Toilet paper.
>>
>>53613413
Shield master. Barbarians don't have a need for bonus actions right?
>>
>>53613461
Cracking joke, chap.
>>
>>53613413
Resilient wisdom
Martial adept is a bad feat
>>
>>53613473
Barbs use bonuses to rage
>>
File: 1495682267790.jpg (62KB, 526x799px) Image search: [Google]
1495682267790.jpg
62KB, 526x799px
Would Paladin/Stone Sorcerer be good or just redundant?
>>
>>53612931
Chen a cute.
>>
>>53613562
paladin 2 for smite and heavy armor if stone doesn't get that already, and the fighting style. also bless is always a good spell to have.
>>
>>53610411
Reminder that extra shields don't grant extra AC, in case that's the reason he has two shields.
>>
>>53613575
easily one of the worst 2hus in my humble opinion.
>>
>>53612386
What is a sorcerer that can't do his one trick? What about a ranger? Wizards and (land) Druids only get back spell slots once. Clerics only get channel divinity. Hell, Paladins are mostly on a long rest resource too. Not to defend a shit DM, but if the Barbarian can't handle waiting for a long rest when so many other classes do, he's a shit player.
>>
>>53613562
stone sorc doesnt really need anything from paladin
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>People say aussie game was best on stream
>No aussie game vod on twitch
>>
>>53613562
Paladin 2 gives you smites bro
>>
>>53612547
The spells are important, but you honestly shouldn't expect to keep your Mark concentration running the whole duration, especially if you cast it in a higher level slot. Why are you not swarming the field with animals instead? Ranger spellcasting is integral, but that's not solely or even mainly down to Hunter's Mark, IMX.
>>
How do I play a warlock when I know shit about the lore, deities and stuff?
How knowledgeable do you expect your players to be about the world of DnD?
What are some good sources to read up when you want to know what's common knowledge to an adventurer?
>>
>>53613751
Talk to your DM or make shit up. Having your own patron is as much up to you as naming family members or close friends of your character.
>>
Hey, newish DM to 5e here. I'm looking through the magic items in the DMG and I'm having trouble finding their value/power level. Am I supposed to rely entirely on common sense to know if I'm supposed to give someone an item? Seems a rule of thumb is to keep the enhancement bonus +1 for every 4 levels, but how do I treat items like Armor of Invincibility or Helm of Brilliance?
>>
>>53613751
There's no universal D&D world. Your GM probably has a particular setting in mind, so will be the best person to ask.

The basic types of pact found in the PHB are with 3 different types of entity:
The Archfey -- Ancient and capricious beings of nature and the wild.
The Fiend -- A lord of some evil otherworldly plane, served by things like demons or devils.
The Great Old One -- Something entirely alien to reality, often with more tentacles than is healthy. Although you formed a pact with them, they may not realise you exist.
>>
>>53613751
Pick anything you want and call it a minor patron, or lesser known deity. Or read up on the lore. Talk to your DM for sure, but it's pretty flexible.
>>
>>53613886
The DMG charts are more a guideline than a hard rule. For the different tiers, it recommends items via rolling on charts. However, the biggest indicator is usually its rarity.
>>
Can someone be a darling and post those fanmade Alchemist classes? There were 2 pretty good ones, both of which far more interesting than the Artificer spec.
Thought I saved them a while ago but turns out I didn't and they don't seem to be in any of the mega links nor the Pastebin.
>>
>>53613751
You don't really need any knowledge for Warlocks. There is a selection of things you can pick in the description of each patron. Same with cleric domains and deities
>>
I want to cast spells and have fun. Which class is for me /5eg/? I don't want to be a Wizard however. Honestly everything from Ranger to Warlock seems interesting, but I haven't read too much about all of them. I also don't care about min/maxing.
>>
>>53612969
>the spell is used up.
It IS used up, but they all have a secondary effect and most of those effects only last as long as you keep concentration on the spell anyway. Like searing smite, for example.
>>
File: 1473170562361.jpg (233KB, 516x830px) Image search: [Google]
1473170562361.jpg
233KB, 516x830px
>>53613609
She's cute. I didn't say she was the best 2hu.
>>
>>53614019
I'm curious, why not Wizard?
Bards are very well-rounded in magic.
>>
>>53614019
Ranger isn't really a spellcaster, and warlocks are sort of limited to eldritch blast spam.
If you want to cast tons of spells go sorcerer, bard or cleric
Cleric if you want to support and damage with spells, and maybe front line
Bard if you want to do fucking everything because bards
Sorcerer if you want to deal lots of damage to lots of enemies
>>
>>53614019
Warlock is fine if you decide to go with Tome for ritual casting through your spellbook, but the lack of spell slots is a problem. Can be overcome a little if your DM gives you Warlock-exclusive items. The invocations can also be fairly cool.

Sorcerer is fun too. It's like Wizard but with a little more versatility. They can nuke things pretty good through their metamagic options later on, and they can convert some sorcerer points into spell slots if you need it. A Sorcerer with some decent magic items is nice (though I guess that applies to anyone).

Bard is another choice you could consider. I honestly think it's the best class in the game, though I would never play one personally. Can't fill the shoes of that flavor.
>>
How does on hit magic work? Is it for one minute all my attack have those effect or only my next attack then it over? How long does the ensnaring Strike restriction last? What happen when you strike the environment instead?
>>
>>53614142
Should have worded that better, another friend is playing a wizard and we agreed we would not be two people using the same class.
>>
>>53613856
>>53613914
>>53613927
>>53613982
>>53613856
thanks
>>
>>53611025
I rule they have darkvision when underwater.

Why just when they're underwater? Because magic.
>>
>>53613025
Unfortunately it isn't the 70s anymore.

Players are a useless , entitled and spoiled bunch used to being hand held and railroaded by video games that suck their dick for pressing A to kill a goblin. They don't read books anymore and instead watch shitty adaptions of books they don't understand. They certainly don't write or create anymore beyond shitty lulz let's play videos. The height of their creative talents being videoing themselves playing some shitty Elder scrolls game.

The idea of them thinking is incomprehensible and they cry whenever something doesn't go their way because they're used to mummy and daddy fixing everything.

They're worthless pieces of shit essentially. Its good to hear about a GM rightfully punishing them for their lazy a, disgusting, ignorant ways. I'd hope they'd learn a lesson a from this in terms of a the dangers of complacency but I doubt it. The best game would have no players.
>>
>>53613133
The grappler feat would be useful if you have a bunch of ranged guys who'd be disadvantaged by the enemy being prone, but this guy is still attacking me so, fuck them. I want him prone and attacking with disadvantage.
>>
File: Kek3a.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Kek3a.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>53614228
here u go m8
>>
>>53613291
Wrestling is fake.
>>
>>53613413
Sentinel? Defensive Duelist?
>>
>>53614618
you shut your whore mouth!
>>
>>53613886
There's the rarity and also where, and how frequently, the item shows up in the random charts for another clue. But mainly you're going to have to eyeball it, and if you think +1 enhancement bonus for every 4 levels sounds good, you need to get your eyes checked.
>>
Gonna play Princes of the Apocalypse soon. What am I in for and will out-of-combat stuff be relevant and often enough to warrant putting some safety points into Charisma?
>>
https://pastebin.com/6aQ0LDh5
Reposting this because I feel like making/editing some OC and want some inspiration/criticism.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 300x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 300x336px
>>53610883
This guy here

Been thinking for a while and considering I have fire resistance, I've been feeling more and more drawn to Path of the Berserker despite its shit rep

The way I see it, I only need to Frenzy once a day against particularly fucky encounters otherwise I'm practically identical to the regular BarBearian in most encounters unless I'm against a blue dragon or ooze or some shit. That bonus action attack is pretty great when it's needed and the immunity to charmed / frightened is a nice bonus. Level 10 feature sucks dick but the reaction attack at 14 makes up for it.

Can someone talk some sense into me before I do something I'll regret?
>>
>>53614986
Exhaustion is honestly manageable but damage that isn't covered by rage is going to come up more often than you think
>>
>>53609906
What's the verdict on 5e so far?
It feels like it's still got the problem of casters having way too much compared to everyone else.
>>
>>53615138
Its fine. They aren't so strong that they make everyone else insignificant. People here will always go on about it because they have a hard on for battlemaster fighters.
>>
>>53614576
5/7 expanded spell list doesn't give polymorph
>>
>>53615138
They're definitely not balanced nor the best balanced out of all D&D editions, but they're much better about it than on 3.5 which is enough for most
>>
>>53610072
So let them.
>>
>>53610115
We solved it a few weeks ago. I still don't know that we actually figured it out so much as got lucky.
>>
>>53611170
Fuck off, retard. If I ask a question I don't want the nice equivalent of "Who wants to know... ;)".
>>
>>53615138
Best edition yet tbqh
>>
>>53610072
NO FUN ALLOWED.

Druids can't even turn into a T-Rex as their Wild Shape stops maxes at CR6 by 18th level.
>>
>>53615138
First time I've seen something been simplified and actually done well.
>>
>>53613101
It's one spell with two targets.
>>
>>53615138
My main problem is death saving throws, and healing whack-a-mole.
>>
My character just died and I have to roll up a new one for tomorrow. I'm really wanting to play basically Odin but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to make this happen. Multiclassing is allowed. I was thinking a War or Knowledge Cleric, maybe a couple levels of Warlock, I don't know though. He'll be level 8
>>
>>53613101
one concentration for both targets
>>
>>53615585
Blue Dragonborn Tempest Cleric?
>>
>>53615563
If you want to stop the whack-a-mole game, you just have to hit the mole, in this case.
>>
>>53615585
If you want to play Odin, maybe you could homebrew something with the DM in regards to the various types of smites that Paladin has, those level 1 spells that add an effect on your next melee attack.
>>
>>53615138
It's boring and caster supremacy will never go away, but that's what makes it feel like dnd
>>
>>53615563
>Forcing players behind in action economy is a bad thing.
>>
>>53615585
Raven queen chain pact warlock, get two ravens, done
>>
Invocation that swaps CHA for INT in every Warlock feature, like save proficiency, Pact Magic, dark one's blessing, even other invocations like agonizing blast and lifedrinker. Call it Eldritch Researcher or something.
Y/N?
Why is it a good/bad idea?
>>
>>53615687
Those are some really insane projected implications, but really, healing whack-a-mole is ridiculous. Name one other TTRPG that incentivizes you to let people go down over and over because it's superior to wasting heals on them.
>>
>>53615731
If you're going to do that just let Warlock use int instead of charisma without am invocation.
>>
>>53615731
I know it's not what you're looking for, but the reverse makes a bit more sense, I would think: using Charisma in place of Intelligence for knowledge checks, representing how they can channel their patron's knowledge. Each type of patron could also have a skill that it would have Expertise in, too.
>>
>>53615731
Just let them be Int-caster from the beggining.
>>
What's the best offensive option for paladins?
>>
>>53615585
Raven queen warlock allows you to have two different ravens.
>>
>>53615794
It's not so much incentive to heal someone after they drop (they take a lot of penalties for dropping, and can easily die) so much as it is disincentive to heal them before they drop, since a weak heal can do literally nothing when damage per attack is higher than healing.

You can increase the penalties for dropping to 0 HP, but that won't make people happy to be healing ineffectually at >0 HP.
>>
>>53615965
Vengeance, Hunter's Mark, then Vow of Enmity for advantage on attack against one target.
>>
>>53614576
This made me kek.
>>
File: 1487707918978.jpg (87KB, 718x654px) Image search: [Google]
1487707918978.jpg
87KB, 718x654px
>>53615987
>Raven Queen
>>
>>53615731
If you want an INT lock just make it INT, or put it on a patron's level 1 feature that they use INT. It only actually uses CHA right now because of continuity (with 3.x). They originally wanted Warlocks to be INT.
>>
>>53615794
Just make them incapacitated (no actions or reactions) until the end of their first turn after getting up, so it sets them back more without having to come up with bullshit stuff like ehxhaustion.
>>
>>53615585
How did he die Anon?

Tell us your story.
>>
>>53613687
cause in that game a long rest is a week long.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 120x175px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 120x175px
Anyone else lie and say they rolled a 2 when they really rolled a 1 otherwise the DM will unjustly fuck you up the ass with meme shit?
>>
File: 1467760083135.png (63KB, 578x547px) Image search: [Google]
1467760083135.png
63KB, 578x547px
>be Paladin
>no Constitution saving throw proficiency
>>
>>53616181
if your dm uses critical fails he's a shit dm
>>
>>53616181
That's just bad DMing and something I have never personally seen at a table, gratefully
>>
>>53616181
How far is too far with nat 1 though?
>>
>>53616187
>be Sorcerer
>1d6 hit die
>Constitution saving throw
>>
>>53616067
Locks were cha in 4e too. Albeit they were int secondary, when that was actually beneficial
>>
>>53616220
Anything farther than "You miss" or "You fail."
>>
>>53615404
I think you'd feel more comfortable playing pf. They have all kinds of rules for unimaginative jackoffs that need everything spelled out for them.
>>
>>53616220
A natural 1, on an ATTACK roll, means you miss and that's it. Critical fumbles are not a thing except as a houserule
>>
File: 1475109838498.png (275KB, 484x560px) Image search: [Google]
1475109838498.png
275KB, 484x560px
>>53616229
>be Ranger
>get Strength AND Dexterity as saving throws
>can't choose one or the other and get something else
>no Wisdom proficiency
for what purpose?
>>
File: laughing elf man.png (101KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf man.png
101KB, 210x195px
>>53616283
Play Deep Stalker. At 7th level your conclave feature is literally proficiency in Wisdom saving throws.

Take the Resilient feat at one of your ability score increase levels for Constitution. Now you have proficiency in FOUR saving throws.
>>
>>53616119
It was a mountain top battle against a small army of various creatures led by a Dragon-riding Frost Giant. We'd managed to kill the ground troops but things went south when the Dragon came into direct conflict with us. By the time we killed the dragon the entire party was down (either in death saves or stabilized) with the exception of my BarbaRogue Goliath and our Wizard. The Wizard was out of spells and nearly dead, so I charged the Frost Giant and plunged it and myself off the mountain to our deaths.
>>
>>53616406
Valiant and admirable. I commend you, sir.
>>
>>53616406
You are who you choose to be.
>>
Anything worth watching in the Stream? Timestamp or at least people that participated? Thank you.
>>
>>53615563
You can solve healing whack-a-mole by houseruling it so that being restored to consciousness by healing magic gives a level of exhaustion.
I don't know what your problem with death saves is but mine is that the deaths come waaay too quickly. The window for using medicine is extremely small and basically forces you to drop down and tend to someone in the middle of combat, which is especially bad if you're playing a kill-pacifist who would give first-aid to defeated enemies if it weren't for the fact they die in 18 seconds.
>>53615138
The classes are poorly balanced, the short/long rest system is fucked, and the writers are obsessed with keeping many very basic rules listed as "optional" and never adding mechanics onto the base game which leaves parts of the design looking schizophrenic and more like an MMO than a roleplaying game.
The most glaring example of this is the artificer, a class about making items, which doesn't have any features for making items. They just receive a prescribed set of equipment and are allowed to attune to a few more magic items. It's like the class is just about ordering government sanctioned looney-tunes gear in the mail and sending in a formal request for a replacement if one is lost. You could play an artificer as a regular joe who really did just get all his stuff in the mail and doesn't actually know how to make anything and that fluff would fit the mechanics more.
>>
>>53616612
Yeah I've noticed that mage dominance is still a huge issue, if you aren't a spellcaster then you get shafted SUPER hard no matter what you do. I'm playing a paladin at the moment and while he is somewhat effective, if I don't get constant long rests then I'm straight up just a worse fighter.

It also doesn't help that the lack of variety for non-spellcasters still is going strong, so if you aren't a mage you can't really do too much cool stuff.
>>
I wanna do theater of the mind but my players are used to grids. Also, we use Roll20

Can I do anything in such a situation?
>>
>>53616738
Use a bit of both. I have grids for some places they'll go to but I'm not mapping out every shop and building they pass by.
>>
>>53610804
>But they are still revere by their community.
Actually, in most communities, shamans were something of outcasts. They were the other, outside the normal order, and to be feared for the same powers that could be used for the community's benefit.
>>
>>53616738
Use grids for combat, there's not much of a point to using them for other shit.
>>
Looking for advice on planning my adventure ideas.

I'm running Sunless Citadel for some kinda experienced players soon, after that I want to use the passageway into the Underdark there to lead them into Out of the Abyss.

How would I go about having them captured by the Drow without it seeming forced? I was planning to lure them into the Underdark and if that fails to have the town they're near be attacked by a Drow raiding party.
>>
>>53617045
I've experienced grids and initiative in city social encounters.
>>
>>53616738
When I've ran TotM in Roll20 I just put relevant art in the play area.
It's also helpful to put notes out there about what's going on, or what the party's decided their objectives are.
>>
>>53616237
Fiend locks were Con primary, int secondary.
>>
>The Caretaker served with the indifference of a golem, and proved as fierce in battle as it was diligent in its labors. It felt no pain – in fact, each blow it received seemed to give it strength, as did each blow it landed on Geralt with the spade it wielded as a weapon. What is more, the Caretaker was able to summon powerful spirits from the graves it had dug and could heal itself by absorbing them. The witcher had a hard time evading the devastating strikes of its weapon, and his only chance at wounding the creature came when it would stick its spade in the ground to draw on otherworldly energy in an attempt to petrify its foes with fright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5pnMvpHPJk

What would be a good monster in 5e to base this off of?
>>
All of the spellcasters in the monster manual are super high-level. How would you stat out a lower-leveled caster? I need something that won't crumble in a few hits.
>>
>>53617754
Check out the NPC appendix in VGM.
>>
>>53613025
Posters overexagerate the stupidity of their players, to make stories more amusing or because their glasses are tinted due to sour experience with said players.
>>
Lads. My mates have started D&D, completely new to it. They've pirated all the books. I've no idea where from and I don't really agree with it. I've not played since late 90's. So I'm really behind.

Is there a website with the core player classes and their racial and all that jazz?

I dunno what to do, I don't really want to buy all the books and I hate reading books on the computer.

Fuck I need to catch up on 5e.
>>
>>53615563
Suggestion: allow 1 death save roll immediately upon reaching 0 hp. On a fail, character goes down as they normally would. On a success, player instead remains standing and regains 1 hp.

A dying character must be stabilised before healing can have an effect on them. (+Casting a healing spell on a dying character instead stabilises them).
>>
>>53617881
>They've pirated all the books. I've no idea where from
Literally the MEGA link in the OP of every /5eg/ thread ever

>Is there a website with the core player classes and their racial and all that jazz?
Wizard's website should have the basic rules PDF for free
>>
>>53617940
Oh I know, I already have them. It's just a pain in the fucking ass to read. I was wondering if there was a Character Creator program somewhere. Dice rolls included. I know there is one in there for stat gen, but I meant including a printable sheet.

If not, no worries.
>>
>>53618032
Orc pub has a creator. Not sure if it also includes a print to odd option or not but it probably does

If not it'd be easy enough to transfer that character over to a pdf
>>
>>53616738
Make a few circles for characters + one relevant piece of terrain.

That said, a lot of people like tokens because it makes it easier to visually pick out advantageous positions (oh I can get behind this enemy, oh if I walk over here the archer can't see me).
>>
>>53618079
I can definitely agree with using tokens. Don't need to ask every five seconds where the unit is facing.
>>
>>53617185
Problem with 'not making it seemed forced' is that you invite a possibility that the players escape or overcome the drow. Or die.

I'd suggest moving into storyteller mode and just say they've been captured.

>Finally overcoming the challenges of the citadel you take a chance of rejuvenation. How do you spend the first week of downtime?
Maybe do a few small social encounters / etc. Award inspiration for stuff you like. Make notes of new contacts they might make, award gold for doing work. Whatever.

>When the drow attacked! A large raiding party, immense compared to the meager defences of the settlement. What do your characters do?
(probably fight back, some might try to flee or strike a deal with the drow)

>You fight off a wave of drow, giving a welcomed moment of relief for the civilians who manage to escape. / Your attempt is foiled by (named drow antagonist) / Although (named drow antagonist) seemed pleased by your offer, they quickly turned on you.

And then you can talk about their journey as slaves, and roll out the real adventure.
>>
>>53617881
>against pirating
>don't want to read the books on the computer
Jesus, maybe check your local library?
>>
>>53617881
>I don't really want to buy all the books and I hate reading books on the computer
Sounds like you're kinda fucked.
>>
>>53618032
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/186823/Character-Sheet--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-character-generator

You'll still have to roll dice I think
>>
Is a Kensei more of a stay in and get hit monk, or should they take mobile and be running around? I'm playing a swashbuckler in another game, so I don't really feel like playing another 'go in, slap enemy, run away' character
>>
>>53618312
>>53618077
Thanks lads.

>>53618292
>>53618238
I'm just struggling with reading the damn book. Fucking difficult.
>>
>>53618363
You might want to actually check your library, you'd be surprised how many carry RPG handbooks.
>>
>>53618312
not seen that before, seems to be a pay for thing though.
>>
>>53613025
>>53614506
Why and how the fuck are you this autistic? Why are you this no fun allowed? D&D isn't some game where the DMs are antagnostic towards the players, ww should all be telling a shared story.
Even the lead designer of d&d is like, if the rules get in the way of the story or narrative flow, just hand wave them aside.
>>
>>53618464
It's pay what you want, so you can just put in $0 if you don't want to pay anything.
Hell you don't even have to use DMsguild, just grab it from the guy's Github: https://github.com/morepurplemorebetter/MPMBs-Character-Record-Sheet
>>
How to Fantasy Jurassic Park?
>>
>>53618619
Huh. Thanks. Shame it's in file types I have no idea to run. What's needed? I'm retarded.
>>
>>53618667
Rich fuckwit builds a big zoo consisting of loads of monsters. you can guess what happens next.
>>
>>53618569
you missed the entire point of both posts.
you didn't address a single issue brought up in either one.
what you said equated to nothing.
you sound like a child.

players playing extreamly predictably is boring for the DM so the DM has a reason to teach players how to play smart and then throw complexed issues at them and watch them solve it but today players don't do that anymore. they just hit things with their sword and when it doesn't work they get upset and stop paying attention.

no one is going to enjoy DMing with a bunch of children that have fun when they roll a 12 for damage and who's best DnD memories was that one time that guy got two crits and done Tons of Damage. not unless they have a brain of a child and actually enjoy watching people slowly chip away at a block of hp.
>>
>>53615699
>>53615987
I was thinking 1 or 3 levels into Warlock for the Raven(s) and the rest in Cleric or Paladin. I'm not sure which Cleric Domain would be best suited though, Knowledge or War since Odin is a god of both.
>>
>>53618801
Both of your points are incredibly irrelevant and non issues, you being the autistic problem in your case and the other anon whinging about entitled players when he sounds like autistic, entitled one.

Then become the better DM, the tools are already there. Your adjustments and fixes are retarded and do not foster a story driven atmosphere, instead they only foster resent in players and people thinking they aren't allowed to have an ounce of fun in your "games".

And get better players or encourage more roleplaying or wait until the players are ready for roleplaying in their own time. Forcing that upon them is not your concern, you do not dictate what they should be doing.

Tbqh, you sound like an entitled whiny brat.
>>
File: 1489940788739.jpg (45KB, 520x423px) Image search: [Google]
1489940788739.jpg
45KB, 520x423px
>Players are enjoying the campaign
>I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
>>53618801
are you autistic?
seriously, are you?

it's a fucking game, if people you are not enjoying it and your players are not enjoying it, then fucking stop.

better players?
there's no bad players or good players in a make believe friend with no scoring systems or shit, there's just different styles of play.

maybe find a system that suits your wants and those of your players, or find a group of players that suit your style OR adapt to the style of the group of players you have.

this entire discussion is fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1464961204946-0.png (182KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
1464961204946-0.png
182KB, 397x402px
>>53618958
go back and read what you responded to and then go back and read what you originally responded to.
how the fuck does what you said both times relate to those posts.

>Both of your points are incredibly irrelevant and non-issues
how can it be "irrelevant" if the original post was creating a new topic in itself?

you are just spewing words, you look like an 8 year old trying to look smart.

>you being the autistic problem in your case and the other anon whinging about entitled players when he sounds like autistic, entitled one.

buzz words, buzz words please give me some more buzz words. they are so much better than an actual argument.

how is the DM the entitled one. he sets the rules of the world, if the players don't enjoy it they're not forced to play. if the DM said no you can't do that than they would be in the wrong. the only thing they're saying is "I want to run this type of game, here’s what I've done to set the tone, here is how they've responded, what do I do" no one is even talking about entitlement.

is entitled the word of the day on sesame street today or something?

>Then become the better DM, the tools are already there. Your adjustments and fixes are retarded and do not foster a story driven atmosphere, instead they only foster resent in players and people thinking they aren't allowed to have an ounce of fun in your "games".

and if I don't like the tools?
at least others anons had the decency to just say "run another system" or "play the base handbook" instead of this roundabout way of saying fuck you stop changing minute things by adding shit that is in the DMG. gritty realism. look it up faggot. it's not made up.

>And get better players or encourage more roleplaying or wait until the players are ready for roleplaying in their own time. Forcing that upon them is not your concern, you do not dictate what they should be doing.

there’s no Big Bad guy in this city that you know of isn't forcing roleplaying. it's called downtime.
>>
File: 1488686153502.jpg (8KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488686153502.jpg
8KB, 500x281px
Knawledge cleric wizard multiclass yay or nay?
>>
>>53619211
You seem upset and seem incredibly defensive.
I'll spell it out for you nice and easy, it's a fucking game, you are the problem.
>>
Again; what are some must have spells for Sorcerers?

We've started at lvl8 and I just picked what I thought would be good but I feel like I'm missing stuff. Leveled up once since then.

I'm a Wild Magic Dragonborn btw, good stats all around except Dex so Mage Armor is a must. I've picked Hightened Spell and Twinned for my Metas.

High Str and Con, Decent Wis and Int. 20 Cha.
>>
File: le condescending monkey.jpg (126KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
le condescending monkey.jpg
126KB, 333x500px
>>53619154
>there's no bad players or good players
Hmmm

>>53619285
Haste, either fireball or thunderwave, maybe a couple utility spells as well (depends if you already have a supportive caster in your party).
>>
File: Pnph2.gif (398KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
Pnph2.gif
398KB, 500x309px
I'm trying to make my own DM screen. Do you use one? What information do you keep on your side of the screen?

I already know that I'm going to have a list of conditions, battle actions, and a map of the setting but I wonder what else is good to keep handy. I track initiative on a separate thing so I won't need that on my screen.
>>
>>53619356
That should say
>either fireball or lightning bolt
although thunderwave isn't bad
>>
>>53619211
Do you have any actual points or are you content in your autistic screeching?
>>
>>53619385
not an argument.
reread the post again. maybe you'll find the points.
or do you need adderall just to be able to read.
>>
>>53618032
There's no way for you to learn the rules properly without reading the books.

Just buy a copy of the players handbook. If you cant afford that youve got bigger problems.
>>
>>53619406
Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.
You are the worst DM I've ever seen and you don't want to better yourself.
There's no cure for your severity of autism though.
>>
>>53619439
I can afford it, I just have mountains of rulebooks for so many things. I'm just reading the pdf badly. I'll buy the book eventually.
>>
>>53619282
it's almost as if coming to a thread to talk about mechanical ways to get players to play smarter is dumb in a thread where everyone talks nonstop about maximizing their damage and how they can make strong builds is a bad idea.

I'm just going to make the next fight force them to fight smart or die. and then play shadowrun instead. I'm tired of tryin to explain why spamming attack rolls, firebolt and elderich blast is fucking boring to watch.

if this is what you people call 'fun" then the hobby really has fallen to shit.
>>
>>53619441
more buzzwords.
you come off as a real witty guy.
>>
Hey guys my paladin just turned level 13 so I dipped a level in warlock, which two 1st level spells should I take? I went with the GOO and I'm a OoV pally if that matters
>>
>>53619535
>Paladin
>Making pacts with great old ones

kys senpai
>>
File: i have no idea what i am doing.png (286KB, 1912x1156px) Image search: [Google]
i have no idea what i am doing.png
286KB, 1912x1156px
Hey guys, I'm new and been hanging around these threads. I followed that link for the program for making characters. I have no idea what I am doing; but here is how I've got so far.
>>
>>53619570
It's for a be campaign my friend started doing, this is probably the last session so it's just for fun. Though I did miss out on banishment and dimension door
>>
>>53619611
>rolling for stats
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>53619661
That's what my group is planning. What should I do? Buy? Auto?
>>
>>53619674

Do whatever your group is planning. If everyone agreed to roll, then you roll. Don't show up with some kind of surprise.
>>
>>53619674
Standard array or point buy. Have the whole group do that. It keeps people from being special snowflakes and it also keeps people from being completely fucked over by bad rolls.
>>
>>53619674
>Be a man
>3d6 roll, straight down.
>Any other way makes you a munchkin.
>>
File: Character Sheet.pdf (347KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Character Sheet.pdf
347KB, 1x1px
>>53619611
>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

Just download the character sheets and various other things in here. Image related is a template (click on the pdf I uploaded if you want the official one, also found in the mega).

Roll for your stats in front of the DM. Maybe you can leave it blank until your first get together session when all that stuff is determined.

I really can't say much or recommend anything because the character sheet is really barebones and I can't see the background or character personality, items you chose, etc., which is another reason I recommend you use the official sheets/pdf.
>>
File: BlackCompany.png (347KB, 486x501px) Image search: [Google]
BlackCompany.png
347KB, 486x501px
Hey, how would I go about making a character based off of Croaker from the Black Company?
Preferably at his prime during the Taglios arc.
I kinda want to say a Bard of Valor multi-classing with Battle Master Fighter maybe, but I dunno.
>Able to heal others as a physician
>Records events of either the party or journey in general akin to the Annals of the Black Company
>Still a skilled fighter and could be able to front line without getting stomped
>Bows is also a good backup choice
>Might want to get the Company Standard and Widowmaker armor involved somehow, so martial polearm training and heavy armor proficiency.
Also, is leadership a thing in 5e kinda like in Pathfinder where at the very least you can get NPC followers? Having a squad of dudes would also be pretty enjoyable, albeit might fuck up combat further.
>>
>>53619611
>>53619814
also if it helps when making a new character this is the order I do it in, give or take:

1. Race
2. Ability Scores (skip until first session if rolling, take note of racial bonuses)
3. Background
4. Class
5. Equipment
6. Spells
7. Feats (if v.human or applicable, no for your high elf)
8. Alignment (I determine this last because I personally tend to change ideas a lot during the process of creating a character, however if you know for sure that you want a Lawful Good just fill it in first)
>>
>>53619356
I got Chromatic, Mage Armor, Enlarge, Enhance Ab, Fireball, Countersp, Blight, Dimension Door. I don't remember the rest right now.

Got Cone of Cold with lvl9.

Only caster in group.
>>
>>53619951
What about shield? And haste is a for sure needed.
>>
>>53619981
I have Color Spray and I think Charm Person. That should be all, not sure.

I really should get Shield, have 11 AC so almost nothing misses me.

What should I drop for Haste?

Is Cone of Cold a good choice of 5th level spells?
>>
>>53620066
Enhance ability, it requires concentration, and haste really helps out the party. The first time I used haste in combat my DM was pretty much dumbstruck how much more effective the melee users were. In fact he argues that since sorcerers can do that, plus quicken and other stuff that sorcerers are way stronger than wizards and apparently one of the strongest classes he has seen.
>>
Also, when I do Twinned Spell with, let's say, Chromatic Orb or whatever, do I roll Attack and Damage again for the second target or is the first roll valid for both?

Can I target the same creature twice?
>>
>>53620147
With chromatic orb twinned you can hit the same target twice and you do reroll the attack and damage.
>>
>>53620175
Actually reread it, I dont think you can retarget the same creature, and in fact:
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/06/twin-chromatic-orb/
>>
File: Gyarados' Quick Feet.png (73KB, 155x232px) Image search: [Google]
Gyarados' Quick Feet.png
73KB, 155x232px
Trying to homebrew some thematically fitting races for my setting and I'm going for a "woods healer," a race that has historically been comprised of forest-dwelling survivalists, herbalists, and shamans.

>Size of Medium
>Walking speed 25 ft.
>Wisdom +2, Constitution +1
>Darkvision 60 ft.
>May attempt to Hide as an action even when only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena
>Advantage on saving throws against poison and disease
>Proficiency in Medicine, as well as your choice of either a) Nature or b) Survival
>Speaks Common and their own racial language
>>
Where do you find your games?

I've been using roll20 for the last year because I can't find anything that fits my schedule nearby.

Free me from this endless torment
>>
>>53620236
proficiency should be just Survival

Why the walking speed of 25 ft?

Plus come up with some flavorful extra effect, that won't buff the race too much, but that adds to the flavor.
Like the elvish not being able to put to sleep feature
>>
>>53620236
Sounds like a firbolg that gets a bonus +1 to Con over Str

Which is why I hoserule all +1 racial bonuses can be assigned to any stat other than the one with a +2
>>
So we're about to do a level 13 one shot with no magic items, are we fucked? As a paladin I do have elemental weapon so maybe that will help?
>>
File: 1487304684065.jpg (76KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1487304684065.jpg
76KB, 601x601px
>>53620329
>be on roll20
>LFG listing is filled with games that have already been filled up but the DM was too lazy to remove their listing
>find 1 in 100 game that is like 1 out of 6 players
>30+ posts in applications
>mostly beaners that havent even read anything and simply say "let me in pls wan 2 learn dnd"
>tfw the DM will pick them anyway because he doesnt want to go through the list
>tfw theres no point in apply because the DM wont read anything past 10 posts
>tfw you find a game
>tfw its shit anyway

It's the definition of insanity.
>>
>>53620498
>Starts in 4 weeks
>>
>>53620329
>>53620498

I have a friend who DMs for randoms on Roll20, he constantly tells me about the autism he finds in people wanting to join his games. People who want to use homebrew races and classes, and who want special abilities that only they have and shit.
>>
>fighting Duke Zalto
>he runs off and and does something in another room
>doors seal shut and a giant fire elemental comes out of a furnace
>DM: "Is anyone's character particularly familiar with Gauntlgrym?"
fug
>>
>>53620431
What if I'm a Mountain Dwarf and both of my stat bonuses are +2?
>>
>>53620441
Magic items are not an expected part of character progression in 5e. Unless you're up against demons and devils and shit you'll be fine, and even then you can battle through them.
>>
>>53619799
>>53619697
>>53619693
Okay. Well for our first game it won't matter.

>>53619814
>>53619936
Okay, I'll try that. Dunno what we're doing desu.
>>
>>53620595
Well that's a relief, I was worried we'd be chipping away at everything because of resistances but I'm not familiar with alot of different monsters
>>
How do I buff non-variant human so that it doesn't suck?
>>
File: 15072402.jpg (75KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
15072402.jpg
75KB, 400x420px
>>53620548
It's even worse when it's so painfully obvious that the players didn't read a single fucking thing the DM put up before applying.

There was this one listing I saw that proposed a game set in a fantasy-ish 8th century British isles. There were so many applications that were just generic edgy fantasy backgrounds or just use material that the DM straight up said in the desc "you're not allowed to use this".

At what point are you such a desperate piece of trash that you just copypaste your app anywhere you can with no rhyme or reason??

And don't even get me fucking started on "pay to play" games.
>>
>>53619470
Mechanics in this version are actually not as op or as tied in as you'd like to believe. Maybe you should better yourself as DM and stop goddamn whinging. It just shows you can't DM worth a shit and your story is fucking garbage.

>>53619483
And you're the literal definition of a severe autistic spergout.
>>
>>53620809
Give everyone a free feat, then change Variant human up so that it's +2 and +1 to any stat
>>
>>53620587
Your floating stat is still Str, and your core stat Con, so you can respec that +2 Str into anything
>>
>>53620809
Use a variant of V.human, like the Planeshift: Innistrad supplement.

Make different cultures have different pre-chosen feats and stat boosts.
>>
>>53619860
>Able to heal others as a physician
Medic feat

>Records events of either the party or journey in general akin to the Annals of the Black Company
Don't need a class to do that

>Still a skilled fighter and could be able to front line without getting stomped
Fighter

>Bows is also a good backup choice
Fighter

>Might want to get the Company Standard and Widowmaker armor involved somehow, so martial polearm training and heavy armor proficiency.
Fighter and Fighter
>>
>>53620890
I realized that paired with Armor proficency this makes dwarves the best casters at everything, but luckily, no one picks dwarves, so it's been a non issue

I'd probably rule it you can take a +1 from Strength and put it into anything other than Con
>>
>>53619860

If you want to be a high charisma fighter with some healing, and possibly some horse shenanigans, Paladin is the way to go
>>
>>53620498
>get into game with said beaners
>they don't fucking show up
>DM ragequits
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>53620809
+2 +1 +1 to anything
+1 skill
+1 tool
Adaptability: Advantage on a roll, recharges on a short rest.
>>
>>53620236
Just replace Elf weapon training on Wood elves with Medicine proficiency.
>>
>>53619860
I'm actually running a mercenary-company themed game myself now, anon.
Hope it works out for you!
>>
>>53621363
>>53621363
>>53621363
>>53621363
>>53621363

NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.