[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy (Battles) General - /wfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 80

File: file.png (499KB, 582x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
499KB, 582x450px
Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet edition

Last thread: >>53384672

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed) (embed) (embed)
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed) (embed) (embed)
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR (embed) (embed) (embed)

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed) (embed) (embed)
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
>>
>>53442658
>Witchcraft allows you to learn any spell from an Arcane Lore with a Casting Number of 15 or less, but you must pay 200 xp for each one. You can cast these spells without having the Speak Arcane Language skill. However, you must roll an extra d10 when casting one of these spells. This does not add into your Casting Roll but does count for the purposes of Tzeentch’s Curse. Once you learn an Arcane Language and an Arcane Lore, you no longer have to roll the extra die.
I'm confused about the 'learn any spell from an arcane lore' bit. Does that mean that when using the Witchcraft talent, can I only learn spells from a single lore since it says 'an' instead of 'any'?
>>
How wrong is it to use Warhammer miniatures and fluff to play Kings of War?
>>
>>53442658
Reposting these homebrews.
>>
>>53442772
>>
>>53440823

The AI functions much better when you are managing multiple armies.
>>
>>53442772
These homebrews confuse me.

The Axe is superior to the Military Pick, but costs 3 extra gold, for example. Why would you ever use the Pick?

This is a good start, but overall very questionable without tweaking.
>>
>>53442751
Any lore.
A contrario to extra spell talent, where it is specified that new spell must come from your arcane lore.
Also a witch should not be forced to give a fuck about arbitrary magic restrictions invented by Teclis.
>>
>>53443300
A few people have said that. Maybe if I gave the Axe unwieldy.
>>
>>53442339

A realistic answer would be a few year after TW:W ends. They don't want them competing so It'll be 2019 at the earliest before there's even a chance.

I strongly feel GW will bring it back but I can guarantee we'll just be disappointed. It will be some half arsed shit that the AoS crowd don't care about and doesn't appeal to us either.

All GW gives a fuck about is investor dividend and to keep that high they bet on the winning horse of 40K, everything else gets left by the wayside.
>>
File: 1493493654993.jpg (330KB, 1772x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1493493654993.jpg
330KB, 1772x1920px
It's fucking Friday and I've just finished work.

Time to waste my youth working on my High Elves rather than going out.
>>
>>53442753

Not wrong at all.

KoW is what Warhammer would have been if Priestley had been kept on.

Just make sure you keep them on individual bases though in case you want to skirmish.
>>
painting details on the chest areas when arms are in front of the chest is aids
>>
Are there any Warhammer Fantasy discords?
>>
File: Toad_Dragon.png (1MB, 647x721px) Image search: [Google]
Toad_Dragon.png
1MB, 647x721px
Total War Warhammer will never get a Throne of Chaos expansion, why live?
>>
File: blackfire.jpg (199KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
blackfire.jpg
199KB, 598x800px
>>53446034
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqfW41pJXV4
> Battle of Black Fire Pass demo
> not an actual realization of the lost book about the same battle
Why live?
>>
>>53444048
Then promptly went to shit. Very broken shit.
>>
>>53442753
Its what I do.
>>
What's the likely hood of all units from the tabletop making it into total warhams? Is it a balance issue or license issue?
Also what unit are you hoping for the most? My votes for hellpit abomination. I want to see a wave of rats escape it's corpse, or the look on my friends face as it returns from the dead. Coolest tables on a table top unit.
>>
>>53444350
Why not paint each piece individually and then put them together? Only flaw is getting everything to match up properly sometimes, like holding a gun or polearm.
>>
File: 20170526_165325.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_165325.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Mostly finished these guys, need to pick up a bone color for some of their skulls and bony bits
>>
File: 20170526_165357.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_165357.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
And the back
>>
>>53442658
Are there any hard and fast rules for capturing someone alive in WHRP 2nd? I'm planning for the party to be bounty hunters but considering that in any grapple or snare, opponents can simply struggle until they get free, it'll be difficult and the critical hit rolls make it difficult to ensure that someone fanatical enough to never stop struggling is knocked out instead of killed. Should I just make it that Strike to Stun on a 0 HP opponent knocks them out?
>>
>>53447448
I'm hoping most of the large Tomb King units - the Necrolith Colossus, the Necrosphinx - make it in.
>>
went into a gw store and people were playing 40k with unpainted models

absolutely DISGUSTING
>>
are there any rules/penalties for shooting at a target with a cannon when a friendly unit is in your front arc?
>>
>>53451212
Maybe its because I collect miniatures for things beyond WFB, such as for d&d, but I always found this attitude both adorably naive and completely fuckheaded. I'm already thirty, and I'll be eighty before I am done with this mound of pewter and resin.
>>
>>53451897
Why did you buy it all, then?
>>
>>53451930
To hobby and play with obviously. With a full time job and a kid I've got about fifteen hours weekly I can devote to things that aren't life.
>>
As a beastmen army running gor horde + bestigor horde and chariots/razorgors what do I do against an ogre army with an ogre horde with 4 characters? he has 6 leadbelchers and an ironblaster so I can't just wait around all day for perfect positioning and flank charges.
>>
>>53447826
>>53448138
good effort so far anon for your first, I'd advise you to use a wash and just use a brush to take some of the liquid out for areas such as the wrappings on the bows.
If you don't have a wash mix a bit of either a darker green or a black with water and roll with that.

it also may help if you lightened the lips a little(as currently they look exactly the same as the rest of the skin)

>>53451557
well apart from the fact that you can't shoot through your own units, not really anon.

>>53452027
>>53451897
why don't you do a basic paintjob anon, don't worry about washes just do metals, cloths, skin, leather.
It's fine for tabletop standard as long as the lines are clean?

you can then gradually add to that base if you wanted to do the models well. Just don't gloss them.you can seriously do a regiment like that in no time at all.

>>53452906
cygors or minotaurs anon?
>>
>>53452978
ironblaster would kill the cygor too quickly for it to be useful i feel.
>>
So Nagash was reborn in the year 1681.
What the fuck has he been doing since then? Like does any of the fluff, pre or post End Times retcons, give any hints or say? I mean, every other time he was reborn into the world he immediately set about on a "FUCK THE LIVING" crusade. This time it seems he was reborn and just... did nothing. For centuries. Despite there having been numerous times when he could have easily thrown his lot in with the Vampires or other factions to topple the Empire.
>>
>>53453773
>What the fuck has he been doing since then?
Boning bitches. Even undead uber necromancers need some vacation
>>
>>53453773
Lexicanum says vague stuff about him manipulating others like Kemmler and Mannfred to do his will. It could be assumed he was still 'gathering himself together,' since he'd lost his hand to Alicadizaar and his crown to Kadon and later Azhag the Slaughterer - the latter had a fragment of his will and conciousness in it and desperately wanted to return to Nagash, so maybe he wasn't "all together." He also seems to have been badly weakened around the time of his first resurrection in the time of Sigmar - in the End Times this is rectified by the sacrifices, and binding the Wind of Shyish to himself.
>>
so what happens if a random movement (chaos spawn) moves into a friendly unit?
>>
File: 1455303743942.png (164KB, 375x450px) Image search: [Google]
1455303743942.png
164KB, 375x450px
What are the next plastic box sets that come out that could be used for WHFB?

No matter if historics or fantasy. 28mm regiment sized plastic sets.

Are there any in the pipeline?
>>
>>53455883
If your movement would end in a friendly unit you pop out the other side
>>
Does anyone have good vampire counts art? I need some inspiration for a series of one shots set in the empire during the first vampire war.
>>
File: 1461972353462.jpg (310KB, 1151x1538px) Image search: [Google]
1461972353462.jpg
310KB, 1151x1538px
>>53458979
>>
File: AS237D_VC-Vignette.jpg (3MB, 1476x3000px) Image search: [Google]
AS237D_VC-Vignette.jpg
3MB, 1476x3000px
>>53458979
>>
File: Vampire-Counts-Cover.jpg (6MB, 2237x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire-Counts-Cover.jpg
6MB, 2237x3000px
>>53458979
>>
File: 14582318501290.jpg (300KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14582318501290.jpg
300KB, 1024x768px
>>53458979
>>
>>53459002
>>53459188
>>53459223
>>53459286

Thanks anon. I'm thinking of starting them in Talabecland right after the battle of Essen Ford. Anybody have suggestions for what kind of things they could be doing?
>>
like to the 3e torent isn't working for me
>>
when it says weapon skill +15%is that your current weapon skill taken into consideration?
>>
>>53465264
No. When it describes WS as a percent, it largely means the percent chance an attack made by you will hit so if you have a WS of 30%, then attacks made without modifiers will hit on a dice roll of 1-30. If you add 15% to your WS, your WS becomes 45% which means that attacks made without modifiers will hot on a dice roll of 1-45.
>>
>>53465393
ok? I'm new to the system and am using 2nd edition,
>>
Would a sigmar-era warhammer setting be appealing? I dont mean AoS, but during the empires tribal unification and the first battle of blackfire pass.
>>
File: 1448058930594.png (168KB, 414x433px) Image search: [Google]
1448058930594.png
168KB, 414x433px
>>53465595
Remember when we all thought this would be the premise of AoS?
>>
who do you guys recommend buying movement trays from?
>>
Do ASF and ASL cancel each other out?
>>
>>53465595
Certainly, at least to me. Barbarian Imperials, Carloginian (or even Welsh, to relate to the Arthurian theme) Bretonnians...it'd probably end up like HH, where pretty much nothing has changed aside from a few central factions. Dwarves, Elves, Tomb Kings, etc - no difference. But Warriors of Chaos are much closer.
>>
Are there any erratas for Beastmen Ambush? I read somewhere that you didn't need to deploy a unit of the same type/size to put a unit in ambush, and that you could ambush on turn 1, but I can't find any sources.
>>
>>53466829
Wouldn't the Sigmar-era Dwarfs lack some of the more advanced tech?
>>
>>53466589
I think they do, like a unit of Elves armed with great weapons would strike at their own default Initiative rather than always going first.
>>
>>53467193
Gunpowder had only just recently been discovered at that point, so while they had guns, they wouldn't be particularly common due to "muh tradition!"
>>
>>53467102
The Glottkin supplement contains rules for a fixed Ambush, if I recall rightly. And it allows you to take marks on heroes and units.
>>
>ZWEIHANDER
>WFRP4
>can always play 2E

good time to be a warhams fan
>>
>>53468092
That's only when playing Legions of Chaos, not a traditional Beastmen army. Granted you could play """""Legions of Chaos"""""" with just Beastmen but if you're playing with people who reject all end times supplements you wouldn't be able to.
>>
What do you guys think of Norse Dwarfs?
>>
>>53468865
There's little really known about them in the lore, or even if they're actually still around. I'm not sure if what little I can find is legitimate or fan-made.

So, I know little, but from what little I do know, I think that it's cool that there are variations to dwarves beyond the standard World's Edge/Grey Mountain variety.
>>
>>53467193
Sure, but they'd still essentially be the same Dwarves from WFB. Like how the Eldar of 30k are like the Eldar of 40k, but with a few less later discoveries/inventions - nothing like how different the human kingoms/tribes would have been.
>>
>>53444648

I'm sure there used to be, someone would occasionally shill it.
>>
>>53447826
>>53448138

They look good but I would still advise you using some more shade/wash on the flesh and leather.
>>
>>53451897

It's not really weird for people to expect that you only use painted models.

In historical war-gaming this is the norm, people want to see the spectacle of hundreds of troops charging around and that is ruined by blobs of grey on the table.

You need to paint smarter, you can finish 20 models in a few hours if you use some tricks.
>>
>>53442772
It's trash
>>
>>53455949

The newest stuff is from Frostgrave.

They're releasing some old school Dwarfs and some Orcs that people may like.
>>
>>53466559
I would just go on eBay and get some of those MDF ones, they can cut them to an exact size for you and they're cheap.
>>
>>53466589

As far as I'm aware ASF overrules it.

Hence why people get butthurt over Elves.
>>
>>53468130

If you asked them I'm sure they would let you, they also fixed TK being able to march.

As far as I care those two armies needed a boost and the changes in ET were basically an errata for them.
>>
>>53451212
Oh its me.

I only have them with the undercoat, I keep trying to get courage to paint them but I know I am terrible at it so I Would rather have them unpainted than having a sloppy paintjob that feels me with shame
>>
>>53472152

A bad paint job usually looks better then no paint job.
>>
>>53472533
Honestly I Would disagree. A visit to the thin your paints gallery is enough to convince me otherwise.
>>
>>53472533
>>53472865
basic colours painted fairly cleanly don't look like crap. fairly easy

eg empire swordman painted in steel, skin colour, leather, black /one vibrant colour for cloth/
5 colours, no washes
>>
File: The_Great_Unclean_One.png (2MB, 1003x750px) Image search: [Google]
The_Great_Unclean_One.png
2MB, 1003x750px
Looking for some input on an armylist that I'm thinking about trying out. What do you guys think?

[b]++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [1999pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ Uncategorised +[/b]

[b]- Army Size:[/b] Army (0-2999 points)

[b]+ Lords +[/b]

[b]Chaos Sorcerer Lord [409pts]:[/b] Barded Chaos Steed, Lore of Death, Mark of Nurgle, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Flaming Breath
. Magic Items: BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Dispel Scroll, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

[b]+ Heroes +[/b]

[b]Exalted Hero [214pts]:[/b] Barded Chaos Steed, Battle Standard Bearer, Chaos Mutations & Powers, Mark of Nurgle, Shield
. Magic Items: BRB - Dawnstone, BRB - Ruby Ring of Ruin

[b]Throgg [195pts]:[/b] AB - The Wintertooth Crown

[b]+ Core +[/b]

[b]Chaos Chariot [125pts]:[/b] Mark of Nurgle

[b]Chaos Chariot [125pts]:[/b] Mark of Nurgle

[b]Throgg's Chaos Trolls [266pts][/b]
. 7x Chaos Troll: 7x Additional hand weapons

[b]+ Special +[/b]

[b]Chimera [275pts]:[/b] Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh

[b]Chaos Knights [390pts]:[/b] Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 8x Chaos Knight: 8x Ensorcelled weapons, 8x Mark of Nurgle

[b]++ Total: [1999pts] ++[/b]

Created with [url=https://battlescribe.net]BattleScribe[/url]
>>
>>53473079
i think it's got the wrong format posted, try without bold for next time. or get the copypaste then amend it.

anyway anon how do you plan to deal with big fat blocks of infantry. you've only got 1 wizo so if your spells get dispelled/he blows up you essentially have an army of units that work well as hammers, but no anvil to break them upon.

what that means is any big fat hordes fighting you are going to win combats because steadfast/ranks. your chariots/chaos knights/monsters might be really damn good on the charge but are unable to break steadfast so you will get ground down and routed by any half competant horde of units just due to combat resolution.

also you note your brb is exalted hero, I presume he goes with the chaos knights but you ommit his banner.
>>
File: 1494890726531.jpg (14KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
1494890726531.jpg
14KB, 206x244px
>>53473079

That could be one seriously fucking cheesy list just skimming over it.

Rather delightful.
>>
>>53473196

>i think it's got the wrong format posted, try without bold for next time. or get the copypaste then amend it.
Yeah something severly fucked that phonepost up, sorry about that.

>dealing with big fat blocks of infantry

My idea was to hit them with anything between the 1-3 of my breath weapons and possibley the fireball from the ruby ring of ruin and then finishing them of with a charge or two from my units. I've no real experience whether or not this is a feasible strategy in practice however.

>also you note your brb is exalted hero, I presume he goes with the chaos knights but you ommit his banner.

I'm not using a magic banner on him as I wanted to have the defence and offense that the dawnstone and ruby ring of ruin brings.

>>53473212
As a noob I would love to hear what about it specifically that makes is cheesy. The games I'm playing are friendly so I wouldn't want to include too much lactose.
>>
>>53471575
I used agrax earthshade before I applied the final shades for the flesh. Should I shade again or will it make the skin too dark?
>>
>>53473196
hmm, well I suppose a very important question is what races are you fighting with it.

I've got to say, it looks very fun at least but.

A cannon medium/heavy list would thank you for bringing no screening units as they proceeded to laugh

While your point on breath weapons is a good one for casualties the fact remains that unless you are roasting zombies or skavenslaves then there is a good chance it won't break a horde on ranged, leaving you to use it in combo with melee to break on charge.

anyway anon what are you fighting and how cheesey are your opponents armies
>>
>>53473924
My opponents play a varied selection of armies and most, if not all of them have multiple armies from different factions. The most common opposition I face are Orcs 'n Goblins, Melee Dark Elves, Vampire Counts and Ogre Kingdoms allthough Lizardmen, High Elves and Empire is a likely foe aswell and some other factions are also plausible.
As a noob I can't really tell you the levels of cheese in the armies I'm facing seeing as I'm having trouble understanding whether or not my own army includes cheese or not.

The breath weapons are meant to weaken the foes so that they will break from a (hopefully) combined charge. The chimera will be on cannon-munching duty followed up by rear-munching after a combined charge.
>>
>>53474176
well anon I think you may need one anvil unit that won't be running from losing combats just as insurance, that way you can get them into combat then use all those shenanigans you've listed. Think of it as insurance, so if worst comes to worst your 3 step plan to break units can work as a 2 step.

I don't see your list as particularly ' cheesy' because all your breath weapons against high t foes like ogres are going to pain you. and you relying on multiple charges to win big combats means someone with cheap small units to redirect/block a double charge (like any empie detachment, or just a filler of archers/doggos) could unravel your plan.

try it out and if it fails, then swap something out for a block of chaos warriors with a bsb(the anti shooting banner) and nurgle for something that won't be running
alternatively mark of tzeentch for the ward saves (in which case pack them 100% with shields)
post pics of throgg
>>
I don't find a passage in the rulebook saying that flying models can't join units, but I remember that Bretonnian lords on pegasi can't join units. What gives?
>>
File: 5cc651269aa15f43d73e9231f6650508.jpg (123KB, 640x1138px) Image search: [Google]
5cc651269aa15f43d73e9231f6650508.jpg
123KB, 640x1138px
>>53474339
I usually always include a Nurgle Warriors with Halberds-unit (16-22 minis in size) as my anvil but I felt like trying something new out this time. If it becomes apperant that such a unit is sorely missing from my army then I will definately switch one in.

I'll probably be using Putrid Blightkings as stand-ins for Trolls and as such I'll be using the fella in the pic that was originally intended as a BSB the WoC equivalent in 9th Age.
>>
>>53475367
However I've also converted the basics for a non-flying Daemon Prince which I was going to use as a stand in for Throgg.
Any tips on how to improve him are highly welcome!
>>
>>53474458
Try checking to see if it's a rule for the flying units on an individual basis - Empire wizards on pegasi might have it as well.
>>
>>53475421
Here's a sideview of my lovable hunchback:
>>
Anybody have good recommendations for wargor/beastlord miniatures? I like the gw one but I plan on having multiples so I'd like different miniatures for my general and bsb
>>
Would it look jarring to have an Empire army made up in part of historical true scale and heroic scale stuff?
>>
>>53476538
Nah ...I do the same.

I have Perry pikemen that are 25mm. I painted them a like darker skin and hair and so they are my Tilean mercs.
>>
>>53472865
From a tabletop distance, even the most shittily painted model will look better than a unpainted one.
>>
>>53476584
>Perry pikemen
>Tilean mercs.
Mio fratello!
>>
>>53459286
I feel like Skaven are the worst faction to fight undead with.

They're all cowards and depend on overwhelming numbers, while the Undead fuck morale and raise bodies of their opponents.
>>
>>53477511
I don't know, their huge monsters and crazy inventions might be enough to turn the tide, and they can probably match the undead in their 'cheap numbers' game. Clan Pestilens is definitely not useful against Undead though.
>>
I need all the bretonnian lore you can give me. Also, anything on Manaan the sea god too.
>>
File: Wc_qknights.jpg (125KB, 522x423px) Image search: [Google]
Wc_qknights.jpg
125KB, 522x423px
>>53477716
There's a lot of Bretonnian lore, I can't really throw it at you.

But I recommend checking out the 6th Edition rulebook for general lore, and WHRPG's 'Knights of the Grail' and 'Barony of the Damned.' Pretty much anything else you need can be gathered from browsing wikis, like the Lexicanum or the Warhammer Wiki.

The gist of Manaan is basically that of Poseidon - he's not an outright dick, but he's a god that needs to be appeased, and is the source of many superstitions among sailors trying to avoid his wrath or gain his pleasure. His cult is based in Marienburg, but essentially any city with a port will have a sizable worship of him - in Bretonnia's case it's most focused on Bordelaux. Stromfels is his evil opposite, who focuses on wrecking ships.
>>
>>53478702
Thanks, I'll go reading. Just a quick clarification though- do you mean the 6th edition core Warhammer Fantasy Battles rulebook, or the 6th Edition Brettonian army rulebook?
>>
>>53478834
The 6th Edition Bretonnian army rulebook - it has a general overview of the lore of Bretonnia - a basic history, the background of its units - and some of the characters.
>>
how does shooting at a solo mounted character play out in 8th edition. do you target the character or the mount (chariot in this case), or do you simply target the unit. if you target the unit how do you randomize the number of hits on each?
>>
>>>53434537

Now this is WAY to late to respond to this question, but double barrels is not a show of confidence or gusto. Double barrel guns usually have 2 separate firing mechanisms so that if first shot misfires you have the best chance to make a follow up shot; they also give you one of the fastest follow up shot for its' time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYtxxRU_cY

the video is talking about the guns before reliable semi-autos were fully adopted for hunting big game.
>>
>>53475367
>>53475421
>>53475532
pretty neat , my advice for the second guy would be to turn that girrafoneck into a suitably spiky collar of some sort, perhaps if the greenstuff fu was with you, go as far as a few chainlinks hanging off it.

I do get that you want to change it up, I'vebeen playing 600p battles quite a bit against chaos and wood elves and I'm enjoying running a completely different focused list each time. I am empire though so it's quite easy to run variety mix.
>>
>>53442658
How wrong of me is it to use Wild Wood rangers as Graveguard fluffed as Thralls/Cultists? Because as of this moment, I have now:
1 Necromancer
1 Vampire Lord
1 Carin Wraith
1 Wight King
1 Mortis engine
40 Ghouls
20 Skeletons
10 Grave Guard

By the way, this is Vampire Lustria anon here; I'll post a few more in a bit. Pic related is my Necromancer, Rylana Hosselburgh, along with some of her gruesome creations.
>>
are there any famous cats in this setting?
>>
>>53482397
The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Neferata's familiar Bastet.
>>
>>53482168
I don't think it's a bad idea, especially if they're painted well and fit with the army theme, but why Wild Wood Rangers?

Could be a good idea to try use some bits and try to make them look more like Amazons or other human locals.
>>
Hey everyone, here is some news I squeezed out from the guys of C7 in Warhammer Fest concerning the future of WFRP, enjoy!

-Release date is late 2017, will be a starter set, forgot to ask if it will be a kickstarter or not
-Something will be done for TEW as it is its 30 anniversary
-Lustria book(He said:'Definitly!')
-Naggaroth book(He said:' Will make sure filling the gap of no-elf related offical material)
-No reprint for the Realm of Chaos/slave of Darkness books
-Maybe reprint of other books, still up on the air
-AoS rpg will be next year after WFRP was initially released
-D100 system, nth to do with WFRP 3rd ed
-When I ask about Nippon and Cathy, he was very enthusiatic.
As he kept saying nothing is annouced at the moment and pretty close-mouthed, that's all I could get from him
>>
File: tbbibi.png (112KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
tbbibi.png
112KB, 250x242px
>>53483035
>>
File: tumblr_ntg39vT6eC1r1g40zo5_1280.jpg (888KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntg39vT6eC1r1g40zo5_1280.jpg
888KB, 1280x1810px
>>53483035
I was sceptical for a moment but I see you posted on StS too.

Starter set sounds interesting. I really miss ye olde boxed sets.
And a Lustria book sounds good too. I'd love to see some material on more exotic places. Preferably from the perspective of explorers from the Old World, since I think that's the best way to make it playable.

And dear god do I want to get my hands on a proper copy of TEW that doesn't cost an absolute fortune.
>>
>>53483119
Copied from StS, it's not me.
>>
>>53483345
Oh, well, same difference.
>>
>>53483365
yeah

I agree though, I am super, super down for this. I have 0 experience with TEW but the community has built it up into this legendary experience...I am hyped.

I'm a fanatic for 2E, been buying up all the books I'm missing lately - I would be happy with some that don't cost me $100+
>>
>>53444066
Why does he have rings around his dick and balls?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (10KB, 197x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
10KB, 197x300px
>>53484371
Those are his fingers, you git.
>>
>>53484408
I miss goblin green.
>>
>>53483016
For a few reasons:

For starters, they are really good looking all around, and I love the models. They have a cool, yet slightly sinister look to them, with the hoods. They also have badass Great Weapons.

Secondly, for some weird ass reason , every store that has any GW products has a box of these fuckers. No clue why though. They just do.

Third, Im not a big fan of the current Grave Guard models. With my Lustrian themed army, that doubles, as I have no idea why I would have Bat-Eared dorks wandering about in heavy armor through the jungle.
>>
Is there a gallery that shows individual models as they've been updated through editions of Warhammer?
>>
>>53483035
All I ask for is for them to release a vampire book count book. Because I've had some absurdly fun one off games with friends using night's dark master and a updated lore version of it would be amazing to see.
>>
>>53485152
I'm hoping that they'll instead cover stuff that was neglected in earlier editions. I'd like expanded magic lores so that the Lore of Spirits becomes a genuine witch lore, the Lore of the Big and Little Waagh become witch lores, High, Wood and Dark Elf careers are covered and that High, Khemri and Dark magic become fluffed out.
>>
>>53485408
Oh, and rules for making Orc, Goblin, Skink and Saurus characters. And the Lore of the Lady becoming an Arcane Lore.
>>
>>53485408
Oh yes I certainly want things like that. But I'm pretty nostalgic for the vampire counts due to the megalomaniacal insanity I've seen in games with them.

Though if anything I kind of want to see if they'll do anything interesting with Lustria or make books for orcs. Of course it depends on how much they alter the system as well.
>>
>>53485408
I want to see what they do with Numas - a Tomb King city that actually has a population of living people in it.
>>
File: 1483659322918.jpg (213KB, 1137x749px) Image search: [Google]
1483659322918.jpg
213KB, 1137x749px
I like when the nations of the Old World band together against the coming storm.
>>
>>53455883

Most random movement troops (HPA and DOOMWHEEL come to mind? inflict impat hits on the friendly unit and then stop 1'' from it
>>
>>53466589

Negate each other, not cancel. So, for example if a unit of White Lions (ASF by default and ASL by great weapons) gets ASF from a buff, it won't matter anyway since they already got it
>>
>>53473079

Uuuu that's a cruel-cruel list.

GJ
>>
>>53473744

Well, you have a great hero with a 1+ 4++ saves, which is also a 4th level mage, a hero with a 1+ rerollable save, Throgg is widely considered op.

You have no infantry, just big blocks of fast moving stuff
>>
>>53476306

someone here posted a swine-like beastmen range, i think it was from mantic?
>>
>>53477694
>>53477511

The fun thing is that on tabletop skaven are one of the most appropriate armies to deal with vampire counts, and pestilence units excel at that.
>>
Any good Bretonnian fiction?
>>
File: 1318022814330.jpg (109KB, 900x612px) Image search: [Google]
1318022814330.jpg
109KB, 900x612px
>>53458979
all I have is this one, which I saved more for the Lizardmen at the time.
>>
How to prerequisites work in warhammer fantasy rp?
>>
>>53486930
>tabletop skaven

They are basically top tier due to mechanical flaws making hordes hit massively above their weight class. Lore wise though Undead vs Skraven is pretty terrible for the rats. Just because the other side is going to start bringing their dead back and they will have issues wearing down a foe that doesn't rest.
>>
>>53482635
Who is actually a sexy Cathayan shape shifting vampire.
>>
>>53488008

Non-horde based skaven also pack quite a punch, they're a very solid army regardless of their formation.

It's kinda sad, they do what empire should do, extremem versatility but better in every way
>>
>>53488072
Bastet was Neferata's living cat who was entombed with her.
>>
>>53453773
being Sauron expy he was just brooding in dark fortress and hunting down random haflings
>>
>>53477511
I disagree. Skaven have no real morals so seeing an undead brother shambling towards them means nothing. The putrid rot of a shambling corpse looks like an everyday meal. The cowardice usually comes from figniting an opponent that has skill and strength, so a shambles might not really outmatched a skaven clanrat, who goes into a hacking frenzy rather then precise strikes.
Against ghouls and graveguard, who are actual brutes, you'd have some ground. But skaven wouldn't give a fuck about the desecration and decay, which is where alot of the fear aspect comes in for undead.
Note: it's strictly from a fluff perspective. Tabletop is table top.
>>
>>53484817
Seconding this. Would love to see some examples.
>>
>>53486865
Thanks buddy!

>>53486886
Yeah as I'ved mentioned earlier I was wanting to get away from my standard setup of a largeish Warrior Block. I also wanted to try out a large unit of knights as I have an innate fondness for fallen knights which is the theme of my chaps.
>>
>>53486708
that one lost dwarf always gets me

>>53486814
that's what I thought but since the spawn doesn't do impact hits in its ruleline it's confusing.
>>
>>53486708
>when you finally SUMMONed THE ELECTOR COUNTS!
>>
>>53489597
>it's strictly from a fluff perspective
From a fluff perspective, undead are one of the few factions who've regularly fucked up the Skaven and their plans. From Nagash, to Van Hel, to the Vampire Counts, and the swamps of Skavenblight (which are FULL of undead on the surface).

Undead are scary because they're a mindless unstoppable horde that doesn't stop for anything, and every one of your own people they kill, gets back up and starts helping them kill more of you. A Wight isn't scary because it's going to desecrate your corpse, it's scary because it's a fucking undead warrior, with glowing eyes and weapons and armour that look old, busted, or both, but are still somehow better than anything most Skaven will ever have because Dhar is a hell of a drug!
>>
>>53490057
>Dhar is a hell of a drug
bah, Skaven SNORT damned thing! crystallized!
>>
>>53490057

Skavenblight is stated as being heavily farmed for rice on the top, in several different accounts.

also, skaven were the only race to mass produce (kind of) a weapon capable of killing nagash (fellblades)
>>
>>53491829
mass produce? I thought there's only one Fellblade.
>>
File: SUMMON.png (513KB, 2212x1734px) Image search: [Google]
SUMMON.png
513KB, 2212x1734px
>>53486708
>>53486708
>mfw the elector counts are Summoned.
>>
>>53491829
>rice
Black corn surely? (which is wheat, not maize)
>>
>>53486708
i love this art, what is this from ?
>>
>>53492330

The codex calls it "swamp grain"

>>53491912

There are at least 2, since the original one was lost and skaven warlord still show up every now and then with fellblades.
Remember, almost none of the skaven magic items are unique, most are mass produced
>>
>>53484371

What you mean you don't?
>>
>>53484442

I really don't.
>>
Boris Todbringer: A Big Fat Mess.
>>
Does anyone know of the old Australian podcast "The Dwellers Below"? Ive been wanting to get their old episodes but all the hosting sites dropped their copies. Much appreciated if someone could share
>>
>>53489922
>I knew I shouldnt have turned left, darn umgi maps
>>
I'm a Bretonnianfag, but I've been looking through a bits box that I got from a former player, and he's got a lot of sprues from other factions - mostly Dark Elves, but a few Wood Elf sprues and even odd Skaven bits. I'm not experienced enough with any of the factions to say exactly what sprues - it looks like they're mostly dark elf warriors and glade guard respectively, with the skaven bits probably being clanrats.

Is there any way I could take use of these for my Bretonnian army? It'd be a lot easier if I was going for a force from Mousilion, but evil Bretonnians aren't my plan. Maybe battle trophies, or magic weapons? I think some of the bells I found among the Skaven bits might look good attached to a banner, with the Skaven symbols filed off.
>>
What is it that draws you to WHF, lads? Is there a general faction or army? The grim and perilous adventure? The concept of Chaos?
>>
>>53499835
The setting is pretty solid - it's heavily based on history in a lot of ways, but that also gives it a depth that other settings can sometimes lack unless they are really fleshed out. There's a sense of different cultures and ideas that mirror reality's. And it's still unique enough that it's not really generic or boring.

Chaos doesn't actually appeal all that much to me. Maybe it's so much time spent looking at both Warhammer settings, but it feels like a bit more of a generic evil now. In some ways I'd prefer just having the traditional evil lich in some Mordor-like land, or for the evil to be softened into something greyer. As it is, there's nothing too fascinating about Chaos to me, and it's actually kind of an ugly concept if I look at it too long.
>>
>>53473744

Well, having another look at it, it maybe isn't as deadly as it first looked. But I still think it should be a solid list.

Chaos trolls are pretty good, and Throgg letting you take them as core is amazing in my opinion. You just have to be careful of stupidity.

The Chimera is always a very strong choice in Chaos armies.

For 2000 points there's a lot of deadly stuff packed in there.
>>
File: Amazon.jpg (317KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon.jpg
317KB, 650x900px
>>53499835

I like that it's the antithesis to Tolkien in that it tends to deal with more ordinary and mundane people rather than kings and elaborate lineage. Even the great heroes are usually men and start off as fairly average. Archaon was just a priest and Franz was just as likely to be Emperor as the other 11 elector counts. But most of the setting isn't about the heroes it's about the average men that make up the armies or in the RPG you usually start off as low life.

The part is the time-frame, early modern/black powder is rarely used for Tolkien inspired settings and I think, along with the Moorcock vibe, this was one of Warhammer's biggest selling points.
>>
>>53501544

The other part*
>>
File: 1492908014621.jpg (98KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1492908014621.jpg
98KB, 600x620px
>>53497956
>>
File: Chaos Helms.jpg (426KB, 694x900px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Helms.jpg
426KB, 694x900px
>>53501044

I would re-read the realm of chaos duology to get your chaos juices flowing.
>>
>>53499835
I love the world. It's the Germanic gothic fantasy with mixed-in Renaissance stuff and mixed-in Tolkien stuff that I love. Speaking of pre-Smegmar lore of course.
>>
File: 1481808405392.jpg (366KB, 796x950px) Image search: [Google]
1481808405392.jpg
366KB, 796x950px
>>53501648
Nah man, it's just not really that great to me.
>>
>>53502332
>>53501648
Only chaos I like is the Chaos Dwarfs, but I think that may be like what >>53501044 said about more traditional evils as they are pretty much Mordor.
>>
File: tumblr_ocz86pXWqL1qhslato1_1280.jpg (662KB, 1146x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocz86pXWqL1qhslato1_1280.jpg
662KB, 1146x1920px
>>53502332
>>53502574

> TFW they aren't slaves to darkness.
>>
File: 1471662647793.jpg (153KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471662647793.jpg
153KB, 678x1024px
>>53502574
Pretty much, but I was referring to other works in fiction in general - like Sauron and Mordor, or the Warlock Lord from Sword of Shannara. I guess Chaos Dwarves and Dark Elves both fit that bill. Chaos Warriors themselves can be interesting - hard not to appreciate a martial culture - but about where it starts heavily intertwining with Chaos, I lose interest. It's hard to explain why, I just know that that's now it is.
>>
File: 1487706081623.jpg (198KB, 796x595px) Image search: [Google]
1487706081623.jpg
198KB, 796x595px
>>53502726

I represent the Church of our lord and saviour Chaos, do you have a moment to chat?
>>
File: 1485025333540.jpg (324KB, 530x760px) Image search: [Google]
1485025333540.jpg
324KB, 530x760px
So if I understand this right, the High Elves do not trade with anyone in the Old World, outside of Marienburg?
>>
>>53504480
I am reading it that way too. Which is funny, since I just read about high elven merchant enclaves in Bordeleaux and L'Anguille.
>>
>>53504926
Where did you get that lore? I'd like a source on that.
>>
>>53505118
Knights of the Grail. The 2nd Edition WHFRP Bretonnia sourcebook.
>>
File: 14961126518271813563229.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
14961126518271813563229.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>53482168
>>53484736
Back home, so more pics: Rate my Mortis Engine.

Lore wise, the rider was a Hedge wizard, who was used as a guinea pig to help test various Slann and Skink artifacts, who picked up a knack for handling the beasts of the jungle during his mistress's expeditions. Within the reliquary lies a variety of powerful Slann artifacts, along with the ashes of Lord Harkon's last Necromamcer
>>
File: 14961130477452049284369.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
14961130477452049284369.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
>>53505380
Another picture, this time of the rider himself.

This was probably the piece I had the most fun with, and what inspired tge army overall, as it was the first model of the army I actually did.

The top part is just the Mortis engine without the gate or Banshees, since I think they clutter the model. The Necromancer, however, does have a Flagellant head.

The under carriage is from a Corpse cart, flipped upside down and carfully cut, and the lances are from the Griffon Knight kit, used as a way to better connect the Carriage to the bastilidon. The bastilidon is just a bastilidon.
>>
File: 1496114948838-543431388.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1496114948838-543431388.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
>>53505561
Two other heros from my army; Lord Blussker Gütblüt, and the revenant Tzek'kelelek,

Blussker, whose real name is Espalo Turienci, was the former mayor of a lustrian colony, who after being thrown out of his holdings in part due to his incompetence and his upsetting of the Tiliean crown, and escaped into the vampire coast to escape the bounties on his head, only to be caught. However, using his charm and charasima, he convinced and sneaked his way into the favor of various factions of the coast, until becoming, on a whim of the mad vampire who was very entertained by him, one of Harkon's Lts. He is facisnated with the Old World's midnight aristocracy, and models himself on the supposed truths told to him by Rylana, who intentionally feeds him lies for her owm amusenent. "Blussker Gutblut" is a invention of his own design, much to Rylana's amusement. However, for although he has his naivety, he is still an accomplished warrior and swordsmen, who wields a counterfeit Runefang, pilfered from the corpse of a Pirate captain. While no where near the craftmanship of a true runefang, that does little to lower the lethality of it in his hands.

Next to him is summoned spirit of Lord Tzek'kelelek, a ancient lustrian noble who was turned on by his people in a revolt, and beheaded. Mummified, and tossed deep into his tomb, he has festered in rage for untold years. Now, unearthed in a dig for artifacts, he has been forced into the service of Rylana; not that he cares, so long as he has the living to slay.
>>
>>53505275
On closer inspection, it does mention that the Sea Elves have an enclave at L'Anguille - though since the elven lighthouse there seems to attract a lot of visitors, they might live there for reasons beyond trade, or maybe diplomacy - but I can't find any mention of them in Bordeleaux.
>>
>>53505911
What a fantastic pair! Both men of high stature, ill-befitting of their station, doomed to undeath. Gutblut himself is a very entertaining character, I like his tale a lot. Quite a lot of love has gone into these, thank you for sharing! Have you fought any battles with these?
>>
>>53442658
Say, in WFRP, several basic careers are listed as having choices between two skills or talents. The rulebook says that someone picks one at character creation but can buy the other with experience. What confuses me is that there are advanced careers that gives options between two skills or talents. Does that mean that someone can only pick one of those during the career or that they have access to both?
>>
>>53505911
Lustria has nobles? The closest I can think of are Slaan, Skink Chiefs/Priests and Saurus Oldbloods/Scar-Veterans.
>>
>>53506318
It means you only need one of the two to finish the career, and be ready to move into the next.
>>
>>53506415
So I can still take both? Also, I'm not sure about the 'finishing a career' part. Does that include needing the characteristic advancements or does one only need the skills and talents to have finished the career?
>>
>>53506481
Pages 27 and 28 detail this, though I can see how it might be a bit ambiguous. "Before you can enter the new career you've chosen, you must finish your old career by buying all available advances." This excludes the "or" pairs, but otherwise includes all skills, talents, and characteristic advances.
>>
File: 1496120136387-2109017316.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1496120136387-2109017316.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
>>53506386
I was thinking of old, old, lustrian tribes that were along the lines of Amazons, but were wiped out aeons ago. Im certain there was some sort of human population at some point.
>>53506240
Unfortunately, not yet; I have put quite a bit of love into this army, so I dont think I will be fielding them until they are ALL ready. But I cannot wait for the day; as for the moment, enjoy pic related; Known to Rylana as the "The Order of the Seamstress", and to Gütblüt as the "Cold Knights", they are the remains of those foolish knights bold enough to venture into the vampire coast, but not skillfull enough to leave it. Pieced and stitched together, they are armed and armored from numerious different orders, from a variety of different lands. Bretonnian questing Knights, Knights of the Empire, Tiliean mercenaries, and even the occasional Cold One Knight are put together to form these gruesome warriors. The Cold One mounts upon which they ride are infused at birth with Dhar magic, leaving them tainted, and susceptible to the will of those who control such power. Tended to them by the undead knights, they grow accustomed to their presence, and fear the living, prefering the presence of other undead. This works in favor of the knights, as their viscious poison has no affect on them, giving them a advantage over their advaseries. Of course there are draw backs; a curious reaction between unrefined Magic and the Cold Ones physiology has surprisingly made the Cold ones more slothful and less aggressive. Regardless, they are a terror to fight, as their accursed banner plucked from the hands of a dead Saurus and thrice blasphamied helps sharpen their mindsand en-vigour their bodies.
>>
File: 14961203882291845590388.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
14961203882291845590388.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>53507107
Model wise, these buggers have a bit of everything in them; Knightly Order, Bretonnian, Cold ones, and most bizzare of all; 40k rough riders. They were the only legs that fit around the Cold ones waist. But, I think they came together splendidly.
>>
In WFRPG, how balanced would it be to add an ability to rapiers where you can counterattack your enemy if you parry them successfully?
>>
>>53504480
While I can't speak for newer editions, the 5e HE book I have with me lists as trading ports:

Marienburg, Empire
Magritta, Estalia
Erengrad, Kislev
>>
my paintjobs look a little spotty or patchy i guess is the best way to describe it. should i apply more layers? i feel like im obscuring the undercoat too much but my highlight layers just look a little off.
>>
>>53505380
Sweet!
>>
>>53504480
As for 8ed and TWW they trade with all non-evil Old World nations and not for money and goods but for information.
>>
>>53447448

All units they used are from the 8th edition armybooks. (correct me if i'm wrong anons.) They do have the freedom to make up new units like the footsquires (whether they exist in fluff or not they didn't have a model) which they added to give Bretonnia a AP infrantry unit. So a bit of license and a bit of balance issues.

Skull Cannon of Khorne
>>
>>53477716
Marius Leitdorf was the Elector Count of Averland decided to go on a trip to Bretonnia.
When dining with the duke of Parravon he laid eyes uppon the dukes wife, jumped on the table and shouted "A TROLL, A TROLL. GUARDS SAFE ME IT'S A TROLL". The duke took offence to that and invaded the Empire. Could'nt get past Helmgart tough.
>>
>>53508830
Well, was she a troll?
>>
>>53477716
Manaan has warrior priests and they indeed do use tridents.

the WFRP Tome of Salvation book has a lot of info on deities. As you can see by my contribution i haven't read it myself.
foud something about mananns orders on another forum.
Knights Mariner - An order of templar-marines based in Marienburg, where they both guard the high temple, and protect the city and it's fleets.

The Order of the Albatross - This is an order of priestly pilots & navigators. Not sure how much they fit into battle, but maybe the AL you plan on using could be a member of this order? Put an albatross on a banner or something would be cool.

Sons of Manann - Clad in turquoise & white-enamelled armor, they are a common sight in the coastal towns of the northern Empire. They fight with cutlass, spear, & buckler. When not at sea they ride great white horses. They are ill-thought of by the leadeship of the cult however, thought of as "land-lubbers" and the Empire's lap-dogs.

The Stormguard - Order of priests devoted to hunting followers of Stromfels (the shark god, and enemy to Manann). They wear hooded cloaks of dark blues & greys, embroidered with subtle wave motifs in white & silver. They often carry tridents & spears.

Some fanatic orders include: The Dyke, Holders of the Shore, and the Sea-Born (but since they take a vow to never set foot on land, unless you are fighting on boats, probably best to leave them be).
>>
>>53507151
I really like the theme of your army anon, I presume you have 19,0000 others to be using such bits from all the kits?

>>53508972
she was not known for her good looks, that's for certain anon, though I doubt she had the powers of regeneration
>>
File: 1475046066299.jpg (382KB, 1792x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1475046066299.jpg
382KB, 1792x1343px
>>53498965
questing knights can carry some tropies they earned on their quest.

note the helmet
>>
>>53504480
Nah, the High Eleves have a sea trade monopoly. they trade in tilea cathay and just about everywhere but the empire. they probebly are trying to create demand in the empire and use the supposed exclusive traderights to get a strong grip on marienburg.
>>
>>53508972
Some say she is a bear, some say she is three goblins on top of each other, others say she is really ugly.

i'm not sure how she has become so hideous, but some say...
>>
Do they worship Ulfric in Estalia too? Why Gelt mentions him all the time?
>>
File: inquisitors.jpg (62KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitors.jpg
62KB, 450x334px
>>53509594
>Do they worship Ulfric in Estalia too?
No

pic related
>>
File: Relictor.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Relictor.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>>53509668
>dat Sigmarine banner
RREEEEEEEEE!
>>
I've been looking a bit at Kislev's 6th ed army list. What modifications would it need to be a playable list in 8th? I'm mostly concerned about point costs and maybe adding some characters and rare/special units, not making a full-fledged army book.
>>
>>53510242
I guess you could add some cannons and handgunners as specials or even rares, to represent Imperial influence/mercenaries.
Call them Erengard Sailors or something.

Otherwise, you'd need some other siege weapon. Maybe a ballista?
>>
File: ydcMMvfZ3Ow_enl.jpg (14KB, 444x319px) Image search: [Google]
ydcMMvfZ3Ow_enl.jpg
14KB, 444x319px
>>53509705
>>
>>53509705
That sigmarine banner is the best thing that have come out of AoS.
>>
>>53510380
>Kislev need some other siege weapon
Polar bears on ladders.
>>
>>53510451
>polar bear thrower
>>
>>53510430
I disagree. Sigmarines suck and Relictor is worst model of them all. And that's saying soemthing.
>>
>>53510380
I'm thinking of giving them special kossars with handguns and halberds and rare cannons. I'm not sure if the bear cavalry should be special or rare. What lores would work for Witches? I was thinking Ice, Beasts and Heavens.
>>
>>53510593
May I suggest NOT giving them bear cavalry? It's cheesy and what's more important it completely undermines the whole point of Tzar Boris, who's special precisely because he's only one capable of riding a bear.

Leave bears a special thing. Maybe a huge-ass bear as monster in Rare section, but nothing more.

Suggestion about wizards:
Ice Witch is levels 3 and 4 and knowa Ice and maybe Heavens.
Volhv or Volhov (russian for "magus") is level 1 and 2 and knows Beasts and maybe Light, Fire or Life.
>>
>>53510665
Good point on the bears. Maybe they could work as a unit of monstrous beasts instead. I'm not sure about generic witches being only Lords.
Here's what I have:
All Kislev units have Hatred: Warriors of Chaos
Lords
>Great Boyar: 100 points, same stats and options as an Empire general, but can only be mounted on a horse. Stubborn.
Heroes
>Boyar: 70 points, same stats and options as an Empire captain except for the Pegasus. Has Stubborn.
Core
>Level 1 wizard of Dazh (Fire) or Ursun (Beasts): 60 points, level 2 for +35, warhorse for +12.
>Kossars with light armor, great weapon, bow: 9 points. Steady in the Ranks: no penalty when Standing and Shooting
>Winged Lancers with heavy armor, lance, shield: 21 points. Glorious Charge: Lancers cause Fear on the turn they charge.
>Ungol Horse Archers with bows: 15 points, +2 for light armor. Fast cavalry.
Special
>Streltsi, kossars with light armor, halberd, handgun, 12 points. Steady in the Ranks
>Gryphon Legion with heavy armor, lance, shield: 24 points, +2 for barding. Glorious Charge.
Rare
>Cannon: 120 points
>>
>>53510927
>Rare
>Bogatyr
>single model or a unit of 3
>monstrous cavalry on huge barded horse. heavy armour, bow, can swap between lance/hand weapon + shield and great weapon at will
>M7 WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W3 I4 A3 Ld10
>Stubborn, Ward Save 5+, divine attacks, maybe Glorious Charge too, why not
>must choose between Blessing of Ursun (+1S) and Blessing of the Earth (+1T)

basically folk tale heroes come alive
not sure about point costs
>>
>>53510992
forgot to mention - despite being mounted on horses this would give people opportunity to make them bear cavalry if they so desire
>>
Just asking for reference, is it possible for vampires to not be abusive assholes and be non-lethal with their blood drinking and they just choose to or what?
>>
>>53511210
yes, it is.

Abhorash is a very chill dude. Vlad presumably was too, except when someone pissed him off.
I'm pretty sure Lahmians keep useful mortals around, feeding on them from time to time to tease them with Blood Kiss.
>>
What do you people think of MDF terrain?
>>
>>53499835
I got my first miniature as a gift from my granny when I was 8 years old. It was Aldebrand Ludenhof, elector count of Hochland. Didn't know jack shit about the setting, but my father did some research and once he found out there's a god who shares his name (Ulrich) there was no stopping him.

It's been over 10 years now. Never had somebody to play with, but we got a nice fluffy Hochland army with lots of shooting and some knights and warrior priests from Middenheim. Haven't painted anything in years, but I'm working on a Hochlandian landsknecht for larping.
>>
>>53499835
many years ago, when I first came to London as a kid with my parents (as tourists) we stalked into a Games Workshop store
I was lost there and then. Call it duckling effect, I guess.

WHFB didn't reach my country for many years, and it was many years more than I finally got to start an army, but that was it.
>>
https://youtu.be/NNF1tS1gZd8
>>
>>53484817
>>53489706
Check Stuff of Legends. They've got the Citadel catalogues going up to 2010.
>>
how big are spacemarines compared to typical GW skeletons/grave guard? I want to use some 3rd party spacemarine shoulderpads for a conversion, but not sure if they'll fit
>>
>>53499835
The courage of the men of the Empire.

I started WHFB with a friend who played Brets, I played Empire and we grew our armies together.

For the Empire, Ulric and the Graf Todbringer !
>>
>>53509243
Not a bad idea, but I don't have any Questing Knights, and it seems super expensive to get some.
>>
>>53510380
Use the crude gunpowder weapons Bretonnia used to have in its oldest lore. They'll look old-fashioned, but can be useful.
>>
>>53513819
>>53510242

Kislev have what equates to mortars do they not?
so mortars, even if they are lacklustre in 8th against anything above t3
>>
File: IMG_0682.jpg (172KB, 1024x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0682.jpg
172KB, 1024x645px
>>53514077
Certainly, but you could also include some other kinds of gunpowder units Bretonnia once had as well - a organ gun, a pot-de-fer, and other late-medieval gunpowder weapons. It helps highlight Kislev's recent introduction to gunpowder.
>>
File: Druzhina.jpg (24KB, 472x522px) Image search: [Google]
Druzhina.jpg
24KB, 472x522px
>>53510927
I'm glad it seems like you're aware of Streltsi. There are also Trained Bears and War Wagons, though I don't know if that would work well in an army list, since the former is from Mordheim and the latter is from Warmaster. You could probably use a Druzhina instead of a Boyar.
>>
>>53514514
war wagon using steam tank rules maybe. Though using the marienburg landship FW rules are probably more accurate to it.
>>
>>53511791
The dinos are so well animated.

It really sucks to be a High elf player and watch all these trailers though.
>>
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GWzGQ
>>
>>53515982
I wonder if Old Ones used similar technology to Necrons.
>>
>>53515982
I'm really mixed on the new Kroxigor designs. By themselves, they look fricken great. But as Kroxigor's...they look really different from how they previously looked.
>>
>>53510430

The best models IMO were the tree-people army. they fit the current Wood Elf aesthetic and I actually quite liked the half tree/spirit monsters.
>>
>>53506697
How lenient could a GM be with the 'finish a career' part. Say someone acquires the Grimoire and Writing Kit needed to move from Apprentice to Journeyman wizard and has passed the tests required to graduate. Could I allow them to move into the new career if they are missing the agility, wounds and fellowship advances?
>>
>>53504480

Yeah I thought the Elves had enclaves in a lot of the largest cities in the Empire.
>>
>>53516506
As a GM you can do anything you want just keep in mind things are the way they are for a reason. I don't actually know if or how much 2E was playtested, but you're accelerating progression, more or less. Ultimately, the system should support roleplay, and so if the PC has already gone through the rites and rigamarole as you have entailed, I might waive those regulations, or simply tack them on to the next career as something of a catch-up requirement.

It all depends on what you and the player find most fulfilling, and what helps you better tell the story.
>>
>>53516228

I can live with them but yeah it's getting a bit like 'gotta' catch them all', chameleons, crocodiles, lizards, raptors, frogs, pterodactyls etc.
>>
File: 4605.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpg (130KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4605.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpg
130KB, 1000x1000px
It's time for some more questions from the nurgle-guy:

Do anyone here have any knowledge of the quality of KoW's Ogre Chariot Regiment?

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/ogres/product/ogre-chariot-regiment.html

Just looking at it on Mantic's website it seems like it could make a nice foundation to some Chaos (Nurgle) Chariots conversions.
I was thinking that I'd substitute the boars for horses and replace the Ogres (which could be converted into Chaos Trolls or even Daemon Princes) with a crew of Chaos Warriors.

Oh, and the fact that you get three Mantic Chariots for the price of one GW chariot makes this idea a whole lot more enticing.
>>
>>53516118
Hard to say, since different universes, but we know that the Necrons did not use pysker stuff like the Old Ones were able to, and they tended to rely more on their client races and their technology than whatever they themselves could bring to the table.
>>
>>53516791

The chariots looks pretty good.

With Mantic it's usually their figures that are a bit off. They look Chaosy enough.
>>
>>53516808
I meant bionic claw is suspiciously l similar to Necron arm.
>>
File: Slaaneshi Chariot.jpg (78KB, 900x473px) Image search: [Google]
Slaaneshi Chariot.jpg
78KB, 900x473px
>>53516791
While I'm at it; Do anyone have some other suggestions for minis one can use and/or convert into Chaos Chariots?
I'm primarily looking for wooden ones, but anything goes really.
>>
>>53516916
No it isn't. The only similarity is that both are clawed.
>>
File: in_the_tombs_by_tmza-d5touwy.jpg (798KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
in_the_tombs_by_tmza-d5touwy.jpg
798KB, 1000x667px
>>53516971
There is similar glowing pattern on both.
>>
>>53516916
Not really. Notice how it's less of an articulate hand, and more of a rectangle with claw-fingers attached. The forearm itself is larger and more blocky, and with an elongated elbow.

Besides, the Necrons aren't even technically Necron tech - they're more like bodies made out of Necrodermis, based strongly on whatever the original forms/skeletons of the Necrons were. The augmented arm is not trying to mimic biological forms.
>>
>>53517115
>similar glowing pattern on both
Do you realise how many cultures uses straight and circular patterns?
It's basically like saying that it's similar since both are metal or meant to resemble/work as hands.
>>
>>53516889
Yeah the chariots looks really good imo. Certainly fit to be ridden by the forces of Chaos. The ogres themselves don't look half bad either.
>>
>>53517386
Out of GW's races its only Necrons and Eldar (and they use High Elf alphabet for script anyway).
>>
>>53487096
I'd recommend checking out The War of the Roses by Wik. E. Pedia.
>>
>>53517637
Come now, Bretonnia is at least distinct enough from real history you can't just look at France or Britain and know their lore. That'd be like saying that looking at the 30 Years War lets you know all you need to know about the Empire of Sigmar.
>>
>>53499835
>The concept of Chaos?
I'd say not so much the "concept" of chaos as the execution. 40K has chaos too, but it's shit. I got into Beasts in the middle of 6th edition and played them through 7th (picking up some hordes-of along the way, as well as some ogre kingdoms, who are an in-all-but-name chaos army), and damn, I just love it. The chaos-themed books from that era just grab you by the horns (ha!) and don't let go.

WHF is basically a tolkien-derivative universe, sure, but it's such a dark take on the format. There's no one ring to destroy, no critical siege to win... all you can do is try to fight the rising tide.
>>
>>53509705
Wonder if that'd fit nicely on the front of a dreadnought's sarcophagus. Maybe the Primarine dread?
>>
>>53517786
But how does Chaos specifically make that idea better? You could get the same execution without necessarily having Chaos be everywhere and all-corrupting and all.
>>
>>53517786
>WHF is basically a tolkien-derivative universe, sure,
More of a Moorcock derived one, really. Hell, High Elves are basically what happens when you throw Noldor and Meliboneans into a blender.

What they just forgot, though, was that Chaos in Moorcock's universe wasn't all-powerful the way it is in Warhammer/40K. Order was a thing, and even when weak was able to intervene and restore the balance on occasion.
>>
>>53517747
Aw, c'mon, nothing? Not even a titter?

In all honesty, I can't really remember any good Bret fluff. They were always sorta out on the sidelines. The empire was the GW golden boy and the brets didn't fight the empire all that often, so...

I mean, they basically got abandoned along with their wood elf bros for like a decade. Historical sources might not be a perfect facsimile, but there's a lot more of them.
>>
>>53517869
>More of a Moorcock derived one, really.
Moorcock's fingerprints are fairly obvious, yes. More so in earlier editions. It's still tolkien-derivative first and foremost. You've got nations of humans, elves, dwarves, orcs... all the tropes that were born with LOTR are present and accounted-for. At the end of the day, though, WHF is a mish-mash setting, and their influences are Legion.
>>
>>53517840
>But how does Chaos specifically make that idea better?
You're asking how 6th ed Beasts of Chaos are better because of chaos? Please clarify. It seems to me what you're describing is an army of innocuous farm animals (not that cool imo).
>>
How would you handle robbery encounters in WFRP2E? Specifically, the PCs robbing a lonely merchant on the road to Altdorf, or some similar situation. They've all rolled bandit-type careers, and I am curious how I might mechanically handle this.
>>
File: Lux Mundi.jpg (626KB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lux Mundi.jpg
626KB, 842x1200px
>>53517869
>>53517974

It has the framework of Tolkien but the tone of Moorcock and some other parts like eternal champions.
>>
>>53442658
This game is dead and not old enough to be retro, why is this allowed on /tg/?
>>
>>53519792

I know, they should relegate AoS to /toy/ in my opinion.
>>
File: 20170530_172708.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_172708.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Got a bunch of packages in the mail today, what do you lads think of the haul?
>>
>>53517911
Sorry, I was too full of indignation. The Wikipedia pun was very funny, even if I would've gone with the Hundred Years War.

And you do have a point there. It's a little sad when, in a wargame - where factions are supposed to have plenty of excuses to fight each other - Brets and some other factions are fairly peaceful/isolated and not getting into fights all that often. Even their inclusion in the Storm of Chaos was half-hearted, though ironically they played more of a role during the End Times.

There are some good things about history to steal from for a lot of factions - I think even some elements of 17th century Japan might be useful for Bretonnia, if you scrape off the Japanese paint and focus on the effects of relative isolation and strict hierarchies - but I think if you look too much at history, you either lose what things make Bretonnia unique, or Bretonnia starts to look strange - the general lack of squires, the long peaceful history at odds with the realities of medieval France, stuff like that. Makes Bretonnia look like a weak caricature.

>>53518045
I'm kind of asking why specifically Chaos makes things better for you. What do you like about it? What in its execution makes it better than other vague evils of other settings?
>>
>>53520476
i fink ur a git
>>
>>53520912
hey, I'd have gotten a grobi book if they'd made one
>>
>>53520476

Pretty good, they all seem to be in good nick.

I recently bought the 5th edition army book realm of chaos for no reason other than that there was a one in good condition going relatively cheap.
>>
>>53511791
Saurus looking pretty sexy. Can't say the same about those High Elf shields. Looks like they are made of plastic. Hopefully that is just placeholder for now.
>>
>>53499835
I think it's the bleeknees inspiring heroics, kind of a "despiration breeds triumph" feel. I like that everything feels fleshed out and not really just reskins if each other.

I just cannot get into Age of Sigil rip off because it feels pointless and stupid (and as I poked fun at, it's basically d&d's sigil, a setting beaten to death.). 40k dosnt have that despiration feel too it. It focuses so hard on man that everyone else in that setting feels like back up characters.
>>
>>
File: librina_by_reykat-d70fxjh.jpg (56KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
librina_by_reykat-d70fxjh.jpg
56KB, 1024x512px
posting some items I have saved in my WFRP art folder - more inspiration than anything directly related
>>
File: thomas-woods-short-axe.jpg (154KB, 1070x1320px) Image search: [Google]
thomas-woods-short-axe.jpg
154KB, 1070x1320px
>>53525389
>>
>>53524823
Why Alberic? Why not Tancred?
>>
File: massiveness_by_reykat-d976o6c.jpg (377KB, 1600x1699px) Image search: [Google]
massiveness_by_reykat-d976o6c.jpg
377KB, 1600x1699px
>>53525437
>>
>>53519792
skubpost
>>
File: 1483578735008.jpg (738KB, 904x1341px) Image search: [Google]
1483578735008.jpg
738KB, 904x1341px
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1473063161900.jpg (1MB, 1810x2617px) Image search: [Google]
1473063161900.jpg
1MB, 1810x2617px
>>53525486
Likely because Quenelles in Total Warhammer is part of either Parravon or Carcassone, I can't remember which. Bohemond Beastslayer and Repanse de Lyonesse both technically had a better chance, just because their dukedoms exist in Total Warhammer.

The real reason is probably that they wanted to have a Bretonnian dukedom that focused outward navally. Alberic was just unfortunately a barely known duke, a 'literally who' before his appearance in Total Warhammer. And he comes off as being a generic Bretonnian Lord with a slightly nicer helmet, shield, and abilities.

I would not have minded if CA bent the lore a little and set up any of the big-name dukes in Bordelaux instead of Alberic. They already did it with Heinrich Kemmler, and I doubt anyone would really kick up a fuss - any outrage over lore-breakage would be overwhelmed by 'HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT DRAGONBONE CLUB.'
>>
File: Fimir Attack.jpg (74KB, 741x547px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Attack.jpg
74KB, 741x547px
>>53526348
Too focused on being unique, not particularly interesting to build a faction around. It's like someone's OC that put all their focus into standing out from everyone else.

At least it's easier to revive the idea of them for the RPG. Imagine springing them on a party who's never heard of Fimir, and are expecting just a generic band of Orcs or Skaven.
>>
Which edition of wfrp is best?
>>
What minor factions will be present in TWW 2? From what it looks like in Naggaroth and Ulthuan the elves mostly have those places to themselves
>>
>>53526804
They already bumped the Duke of Carcassone out.

And amusingly, since they were going by the RPG there was a perfectly good reason for literally anyone else to be in Bordeleaux- Alberic was looking to become a questing knight. He was looking for a steward to manage the duchy .
>>
File: 1481951106663.jpg (527KB, 946x914px) Image search: [Google]
1481951106663.jpg
527KB, 946x914px
>>53527118
Well, aside from the elf factions and the lizardmen factions, and perhaps some surprise skaven factions (maybe not on release?), there's room for an amazonian faction or two, the vampire coast, an Estalian colony...I wouldn't be surprised if there were some Orcs or Beastmen, but I don't think they've been directly mentioned in either Naggaroth or Lustria. There might be some reskinned Norscan Tribes meant to represent the Hung up in the very north.

I'd also think it was interesting (if playing as Lizardmen) if some 'Conquistadors' or suchlike, reskinned Imperials or Estalians, would show up as wandering armies in Lustria to be fought off, sort of like Beastmen in the Old World.

>>53527161
Huh, I did not know that - and looking closer, Bastonne and Bordelaux have had a historically good relationship. It might be unusual or dangerous, but do you think they would let Bohemond take the reigns? He's not much of a steward, but that means he'll appoint someone else and won't use it for his own gain, making him safer than some.
>>
>>53517786
Chaos in 40k is very different from Chaos in WHF if you're a proper fan and ignore the End Times and its shared universe bullshit that it brought back.

In 40k the Chaos Gods were primordial entities that existed but had no power and were more or less dormant until the rise of humanity. After 20,000+ years of negative human emotions and bloodshed and war occurring, the entities fed off these emotions over that time and because of it became Gods in their own right, challenged only by the Eldar Gods, and unfortunately for them a lot of Eldar became fuckboys and fucked up their empire, giving Slaanesh a chance to rise up and munch on their souls.

In WHF the Chaos "gods" were just powerful entities residing in the Warp, more or less abstract forces at play. The Warp possessed a kind of intelligence of its own, and its corrupting influence permeated a lot of places, but there were no "gods" or singular things in charge of it. The Old Ones used the Warp for space travel even though it provided corruption, because they couldn't close it or else they'd lose access to their gigantic empire. They kept making worlds in order to build races that could resist the Warp's corruption but failed several times, the closest success being the Warhammer Fantasy world as we know it. Yet a catastrophic event occurred and the barriers the Old Ones put in place malfunctioned and suddenly let forth Warp energy like never seen before onto the world. The Old Ones bailed for whatever reason and thus the entities within the Warp took it upon themselves to expand their power over the world the Old Ones left behind. Some were evil or selfish - the Chaos Gods as we know them - others dedicated to perpetuating order and stability - the Gods of Law - and both continue to fight each other over control of the WHF reality.

True to Warhammer fashion, Moorcock implies it's impossible for either side to truly win.
>>
>>53527424
>suddenly let forth Warp energy like never seen before onto the world

This is also why the "Gods" of either side, Chaos and Order, only appeared now, because the Warp outflowing into the physical world was greater than it ever had been. Basically the powers of Ruin and powers of Law got a gigantic power boost to the point they became reality-altering gods. It's said Khorne is so powerful that his roars echo across the universe. Khaine tells him to shut up though.
>>
>>53527067
2e. 1e is great for fluff and background, 3e is great for adventuring ideas.
>>
>>53527480
I'm guessing 2e is a happy medium?
>>
>>53527424
>Chaos in 40k is very different from Chaos in WHF if you're a proper fan and ignore the End Times and its shared universe bullshit that it brought back.

Bitch, Liber Chaotica and the 7th ED daemon says that the Warp is the same in both universes. That they exist in the same universe. Those were YEARS before the End Times in 40K 3/4th ED which is decades before the End Times.

The rest of your post is headcanony bullshit. You fuck, I am gonna post actual sources after I finish up in 20 minutes. Assholes with their rewriting history.
>>
>>53527494
1e has a lot of good lore but feels very clunky and in some places poorly balanced. It definitely has that "old" RPG feel to it where it's focused on the combat and tactics with elements beyond that being an afterthought. It's also before WHF became big and fleshed out, so there's not a whole lot of detail in many things outside the Empire and Chaos.

3e has a lot of great adventures but is very streamlined in every regard, especially combat, but also the social stuff. It also is based on End Times lore, so touching it with a 50 mile pike isn't recommended.

2e de-clunks a lot of 1e yet has a lot of tactical options and fun combat, while also having some of the best social roleplaying/immershun out there, while also being based on the height of lore, while also having tons and tons of content.
>>
>>53527535
Bitch, Liber Chaotica wasn't canon and 7th Ed Daemons provided options if you wanted to blend the universes, just like original WHF did when 40k came around. It was optional.
>>
>>53527317
Well, not every decision characters make have to be good ones. Especially in ever chivalrous Bretonnia.

For a justification, let's say before the game starts Alberic De Bordeleaux rides out on a reprisal campaign against Mousillon because the Red Duke is being a total Red Dick and is killing peasants to raise into zombies. Shit goes south, and Alberic is about to die (Because he charged a Varghulf on foot like an idiot). Then, the sound of a horn blares, and out comes Bohemond and his knights from nowhere to ride down and annihilate the undead forces.

Alberic, grateful, somewhat ashamed, and perhaps somewhat sick of the drunken sots he has to rule over (Being a disciplined and no fun prig in a duchy famous for being inebriated every chance they get has to suck) immediately pledges eternal gratitude to Bohemond, and begs him to take charge while he goes a questing in search of the Lady to reclaim his dignity and better serve Bretonnia.

Bohemond, unable to hear Alberic over the crunching of bones and the shrieks and wails of the living dead being turned into mulch shouts, "WHAT? OKAY YEAH SURE."

After the battle, Bohemond is slightly befuddled to find Alberic's household kneeling before Bohemond and pledging loyalty, as Alberic kneels before a damsel taking the questing vow. Bohemond, being a grail knight, approves of this chivalrous act, despite feeling a vague sense he had one put over him. But oh well. Bordeleaux is closer to Mousillon and Bohemond is savoring the idea of crossing blades with the famed Red Duke. He moves his base of operations to Bordeleaux, and sends a letter home to inform his steward of the plan, and readies for war.

On the campaign map, rename Bastonne to Montfort, and Duke Folcard takes Bohemond's place.
>>
>>53527583
Alright then, i wanna learn 2e, now i jsut need to find a group
>>
File: Warhammer_High_Elf_Prince.png (670KB, 611x472px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_High_Elf_Prince.png
670KB, 611x472px
As a High Elf player, i'm really fucking pissed that CA decided to make them the butt monkey of the game. It's completely ridiculous. That spearmen should be able to massacre that Oldblood. The Prince should be able to massacre that stupid Grmloq.

I'm actually thinking of boycotting the game unless the High Elves are given the respect they deserve.
>>
>>53527606
>Bitch, Liber Chaotica wasn't canon

Source your ass?

>7th Ed Daemons provided options if you wanted to blend the universes,

No, you moronic worm, it said that the daemons are the same in both universes.

Again, you lie. Now to the postage.
>>
>>53527904
Liber Chaotica was part of the "Common" series, which was an optional set of supplements covering elements that could be made similar between universes. It was intended to serve as both a WHF and a 40k book simultaneously.

It was NOT strictly canon to either of them.
>>
>>53527894
Has there been new info since the trailer? I haven't been keeping up.
>>
>>53528039
They released the full Lizardmen roster, and posted a bunch of videos of High Elf's getting nomed by dinosaurs.
>>
File: Echos of the Birth 1.png (3MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Echos of the Birth 1.png
3MB, 1173x1715px
>>53527966
Again source your ass. You made this on the spot. It won't work, moron.

The Liber Chaotica is a massive fantasy and 40K lore dumb and features basic lore and in depth in-verse analyse of Chaos and its origins.

One of the most interesting parts of the book is the part where a fantasy scholar gets lost in the Warp and witnesses the events of the 40K universe from the War in Heaven, the birth of Slaanesh, and Abaddon's Black Crusades. There are more than that.

We start with the War in Heaven and Birth of Slaanesh.
>>
File: Echos of the Birth 2.png (3MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Echos of the Birth 2.png
3MB, 1173x1715px
>>53528073
>>
File: Echos of the Birth 3.png (3MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Echos of the Birth 3.png
3MB, 1173x1715px
>>53528097
>>
File: 1488994004056.jpg (6KB, 102x135px) Image search: [Google]
1488994004056.jpg
6KB, 102x135px
>>53528073
>>One of the most interesting parts of the book is the part where a fantasy scholar gets lost in the Warp and witnesses the events of the 40K universe from the War in Heaven, the birth of Slaanesh, and Abaddon's Black Crusades. There are more than that.
>implying fans haven't been ignoring the stupid DA UNIVERSES ARE DA SAME XD shit since the beginning of 40k
>implying anyone should take the obvious attempt at crossing over the two franchises for cashgrabbing seriously
>implying fans didn't ignore it and it didn't suck so hard that GW gave up on it until AoS
>implying the base idea of the two universes being shared is a good thing to begin with
>>
>>53528073
>>53528097
>>53528115
>>53528139
Originally GW intended WH40k and WHF to be the same and interchangeable, so you could use Space Marines against Skaven and the Empire against Orks. Fans told em it was fucking retarded (it was) and so they dropped it until just before End Times, where fans told them it was retarded (it was) again but GW ignored them. Goes to show that even before the End Times GW didn't always make the best of their license and its fluff.
>>
File: Chainsword.png (4MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Chainsword.png
4MB, 1173x1715px
>>53528139
Not arguing about its goodness and merit. Arguing here for the fact that the universe being in the same multiverse is older the End Times by YEEAAAARS. So a "proper" fan would acknowledge that.

Oh....look. Among the collection of captured and studied Khornate weapons that the fantasy scholar viewed is a Chainsword.

Now how did the Chainsword get into WHFB? Hmmm? Moving on to the Abandoned Ones Crusades and valient Cadium.
>>
File: Cadium 1.png (3MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Cadium 1.png
3MB, 1173x1715px
Cadium will never fall!
>>
>>53528212
No one's arguing that at one point and now in Age of Smeg that GW intended the universes to be the same.

What's being argued is you don't have to take that as lore, and that many people find the idea of it unbearably stupid.

Warhammer is not the setting where you can just say "this thing is canon fluff because i say so fag". AoS and ET being totally ignored by many people, including most on this very thread, is proof of that.

If something makes very little sense to someone and numbs their brain with its retard factor - End Times, AoS, shared universe - then they can very easily ignore it, especially when in this case it's a concept that was ditched and never mentioned again until TET thanks to how negatively fans received it.

The only people who I recall ever liking LC were 40k fans. Fantasy people I knew hated that shit.
>>
File: Cadium 2.png (2MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Cadium 2.png
2MB, 1173x1715px
>>53528281
>>
File: Cadium 3.png (2MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Cadium 3.png
2MB, 1173x1715px
>>53528184
>>53528299
>ditched and never mentioned again until TET thanks to how negatively fans received it.

Stop trying to rewrite history. GW cares not for what fans think. The shared multiverse thing was mentioned and hinted everywhere from comics, BL stories, WD articles over the years.

I mean FUCK! Warhammer monthly had an Ultramarine and WoC who both got lost in the Warp being stuck in the same Warp loop bubble. Being forced to enjoy each others company as they narrate and comment about the comics stories.

>>53528304
>>
>>53528073
>>53528097
>>53528115
>>53528212
>>53528281
>>53528304
>>53528379
you literally don't have to accept ANY of this as canon
>>
File: Cadium 4.png (2MB, 1173x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Cadium 4.png
2MB, 1173x1715px
>>53528379
The guy finishes up with the Black Crusades and then goes on to talk about Angron's rampage across the stars (Armageddon).

So what do we learn boys? The fantasy universe and 40K universe are connected via the Warp/Realm of Chaos. The daemons and Chaos Gods are the same in both verses, and ultimately all verses will be consumed by Chaos because that's the way of things. Entropy is king.
>>
>>53528392
Doesn't stop it from being canon. Your preference ends with you.
>>
File: 1488990966023.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488990966023.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>53528448
>So what do we learn boys?

That you're either/or a Chaosfag / AOS shitposter.
>>
>>53528477
More like a gentlemanly scholar of all things warhams.
>>
>>53528448
>ultimately all verses will be consumed by Chaos because that's the way of things. Entropy is king.

The law gods and the old ones would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>53528488
One set is destined to lose and be consumed by the Chaos Gods and the other set were either destroyed by the coming or fled to another universe (probably 40K).

Either way, they have no words for me.

Just a minor note.
Solkan doesn't exist. He is a lie
>>
File: hv7s4832.jpg (84KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hv7s4832.jpg
84KB, 1024x768px
>>53528448
>>53528487
>>53528522
>>
>>53528073
>>53528097
>>53528115
Is all the cursive handwriting any easier to read from the actual book? It gives me a headache trying to read it.
>>
>>53528560
No, there are pages of it and I have no way to read it without wanting to gouge my eyes.
>>
>>53527317
>>53527118
>but I don't think they've been directly mentioned in either Naggaroth or Lustria.
You get greenskins in Naggaroth because some stupid fucking dark elf decided to release a bunch of slaves for hunting, they've probably spread as far as Lustria by now.
As far as Beastmen go, there are plenty in Naggaroth who've wandered down from the Chaos Wastes, but the lizards aren't having any of that shit in Lustria.
There are also scattered human tribals in Naggaroth, of the braids, beads and buckskin variety. They mostly spend their time running away from dark elf hunting/slaver parties.
And then there are the pygmies. We don't talk about them.
>>
File: 1495603818448.png (1MB, 2100x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1495603818448.png
1MB, 2100x1079px
>>53528281
I wonder what some imperial chump would think of Guillliman and worship him over pesky Old World gods.
>>
File: 1.jpg (481KB, 904x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
481KB, 904x1236px
>>53528890
You mean the tribal dudes mentioned in this?
>>
>>53527118
CA said there will be factions from first game, so Empire, Chaos Warriors, Beastmen and Orcs.
>>
>>53508255

Yes, it should fix it
>>
>>53516475

The treemen was absolute garbage tho
>>
>>53527894

>HElves
>Beating lizardmen in CC
>>
>>53514383
Is it official Bretonnia Citadel Miniature or Marauder mortar? If so - WHY THE FUCK it isn't in 9th Age list?
>>
File: 1487151546216.png (420KB, 380x920px) Image search: [Google]
1487151546216.png
420KB, 380x920px
>>53529942
Technically it is official Citadel mini. It's just old as balls. Would you put an option in 9th Age for a model that still has lead? From back when Bretonnia was literally a medieval France expy?

Even if we ignore how old as fuck the model itself is, why would 9th Age not!Bretonnians need cannons? At that point you might as well add in the Wizards they had in 5th edition.
>>
>>53530636 new

>>53530636
>>
>>53530600
I answered in a new thread.
>>
>>53527444
>It's said Khorne is so powerful that his roars echo across the universe.

Multiverse. Khorne is so powerful his ro\rs echo across the multiverse.

>Khaine tells him to shut up though.

Nope. Khaine was merely a lesser power built on some overlap of Khorne and Slaanesh.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.