[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 67

Ulthuan Rules the Waves Edition

Last thread: >>53330117

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed) (embed)
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed) (embed)
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR (embed) (embed)

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed) (embed)
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
>>
First for Bretonnia
>>
File: Rduke1.jpg (216KB, 590x830px) Image search: [Google]
Rduke1.jpg
216KB, 590x830px
>>53383689
Merovech lived sometime around the Red Pox that struck Bretonnia, in 1813 IC. Vlad von Carstein had come to Sylvania in 1797 IC, so he doesn't predate the vampires in Sylvania - or more specifically, it would have been possible for him to have been turned before he died.

I'm not sure what bloodline he is, so it's a little harder to answer your question - I assume he was of the bloodline of Aborash (who also turned the Red Duke, and often turned great warriors long before Slyvania was vampire-land), but there is a chance he could be a von Carstein or even (if less likely) a Strigoi or even one of the other bloodlines.

Frankly, I'm not all that happy with the idea of Merovech being a vampire - it was something included as part of a book series by Anthony Reynolds, and it doesn't mesh as well with the story of Merovech in the army books as I'd like - he must have been out in the sunlight several times, and the only indicator he might be a vampire was literally drinking the kings blood - and he could've just been deranged, as his delusions of being Landuin reborn indicate. I'd have to read the series myself to see if it explains itself better.
>>
>>53384693
Tell me about the Red Duke, I see he has a novel. Once a noble crusader, turned into a vampire, and then driven insane by years of imprisonment- but what kind of insane? Mad dog, vengeance obsessed paranoid, or funny loony? And what's cursed Mousillon like under his reign?
>>
>>53384801
I guess mad dog - he saw the faces of his old enemies in those of the living, and couldn't recognize a descendant of his until it was too late. I don't think he was even fully aware of how much time had passed, treating a later duke of Aquitaine like a usurper.

As to your second question, I'm not really sure - there are contradicting sources on that point. Some say he's rumored to rule in Mousilion as its new duke, others that he simply fled into the wilderness, and Mallobaude is claiming the dukedom. Either way, Mousilion seems to be somewhat like Sylvania - a bunch of scattered vampires, wights, cruel knights, and even a few servants of Chaos. It seems more disunified than Sylvania since it doesn't have a strong vampire aristocracy, but it still has a (somewhat mutated) living peasant underclass like Sylvania does. Whether it's the Red Duke or Mallobaude who rules, they obviously do it from the city of Mousilion itself.
>>
File: 1454798814121.png (1MB, 1202x864px) Image search: [Google]
1454798814121.png
1MB, 1202x864px
Speaking of ships, my group just finished hiring a crew in Marienberg to sail their ship to Erengrad. I tried to develop colorful characters but only have the barest descriptions for each. Anyone interested in fleshing out one or two?

>Blind Adrian
Eyepatch on one eye, glass eye in the other, navigates his environment by sense of smell. Friendly so far, they like him a lot.
>Amilcare
Surly, dark Tilean fellow, doesn't speak much but works hard as a rigger. Refuses to give his surname, if he has one.
>Durante Bisegna
Also Tilean, sun-cracked skin and laid back
>Gustaaf Fokkers (
Wasteland native, cheerful and helpful but clearly running from something
>Jean Feydeau
Tall, broad Bretonnian, doesn't want to speak of his past and was very touchy when they asked
>Marnius Prinse
Wasteland native, extremely professional Sailor's Guild member, hired him as the bosun, speaks professionally to the officers but will be a terror to the crew

1/2
>>
File: Swordfysh from Dread Fleet.jpg (63KB, 749x468px) Image search: [Google]
Swordfysh from Dread Fleet.jpg
63KB, 749x468px
>>53385500
2/2

>Canute Erdal
A Norse adventurer, he has a big beard, cannot read or write Reikspiel, but is great with knots and rigging
>Leonid Silvashenko
Kislevite, drunkard, debts in Marienberg
>Diebold Boeglin
Nordland accent, old, but seemingly a good helmsman
>Slippery Dieterich
Stirlander, extra twitchy, especially on his left side, where he has a hook instead of a hand. Good helmsman though
>Cirdale Heinrich
Secretly an elf, but currently wrapped in thick clothes, bandannas, and hats. He rather obviously made up the last name Heinrich on the spot when pressed. Was not able to explain why he should be hired and knew very little about the sea, but they liked that he was tall
>Heintze Shuhmann
Reiklander, older fellow. He is the ship's Shantyman and I will use him to play sound files of sea shanties from Black Flag. Gives the crew a +5% mechanical bonus when singing. He is mysterious, refers to the sea as his "mistress", and is cagey about why he wants to sail with the PCs, since he sought them out instead of the other way around (I have no idea what his mystery is, I just made him up on the spot)

The only crewmember I generated whom they turned down was
>Anshelm the Crazed
Imperial, seemed perfectly normal at first, but they got cautious when he explained he's a rigger because he is "good with ropes" (the table started making strangulation motions), he wants to leave the city immediately, he can't remember how he got his nickname since it was given to him after his fourth time blacking out, etc. They were still going to hire him since Blind Adrian gave him a great character reference but changed their minds when they learned most of his sailing experience has involved fleeing.

I am very open to suggestions on expanding these characters. They will be with the party for a long time, both IC and OOC, so I want them to feel like people
>>
>>53385500
>>53385510
Most of these guys seem solid enough, so I'll just give a few suggestions and ask a few questions.

>Blind Adrian
Could make him a Chaos worshiper, who after losing his eyes bargained for second sight. Could try to get Canute to help him with a mutiny or something else devious. I'd recommend not doing that though, since the PCs are so attached to him.

>Amilcare
He was once a contender for the title of Prince of Luccini. Unfortunately, Princes of Luccini are famed for their sense of humor, and he is a surely man and was quickly kicked out. Still has some noble-related skills or knowledge.

>Gustaaf Fokkers
He's a secret worshiper of Olovald - it's older lore, but it's Marienburg-focused and could be fun to include, especially if a priest of Manann finds out - or the crew even, who'd likely hope for Manann's blessings on any voyage.

>Jean Feydeau
Lots of ways you could go with this: maybe he's a noble's son that's dodging his time as a Knight-Errant (some do, usually as bards). Maybe he's a runaway peasant - some sort of outlaw, or abused for the horrid crime of being taller than his lord. Maybe he's one of the rare Bretonnian children with magic potential that were smuggled off to the Empire and raised/schooled there.

>Leonid Silvashenko
What sort of Kislevite is he - Godspar? Ungol? Maybe even Ropsmenn? Could be fun if it turns out he had debts in Erengrad as well, and makes for a potential plothook.

>Diebold Boeglin
It's interesting that you specify his accent - maybe he was from another province, but raised in Nordland? Could be a bastard son.

>Cirdale Heinrich
Why is an elf disguising himself as a human? Is he a high elf? A spy from the Laurelorn forest?
>>
>>53384672

Ok, guys, here is a little battle report, 2500 points lizardmen vs skaven.

skaven list consisting of:

Grey Seer with Earthing Rod and Talisman of Preservation

Warlord on war litter with warpstone armor, sorcereer engeneer blades and dawnstone

Chieftain bsb with shield, tail weapon, poisoned attacks and stormbanner

Engeneer 2nd level of Ruin with dispel scroll

40 stormvermin with shields, command and warpfire thrower

30 clanrats with poisoned wind mortar, shields and musician.

6 rat-ogres with 3 packmaster

9 gutter runners with poisoned attacks and slings

2 warplightning cannons

1 DOOMWHEEL

1 Hellpit Abomination

Lizardmen list was:

Slann, battle standard bearer with soul of stone, high magic loremaster, the magic resistance discipline, the channeling discipline and channeling staff

Saurus hero with the +1 T helm

2 lvl skink mage with beast and dispel

1 lvl skink mage with beast and cube of darkness

30 saurus warrior with command

30 saurus warrior with command

10 skinks

10 skinks

25 temple guards with +1 discipline banner and command

3 terradont

10 chameleon skink
>>
>>53387339

I forgot the lizardmen also had 3 salamanders

Skaven win deployement (wtf), and go first.

Scouting Gutter Runner block the Vanguard move of the Terradonts.

HPA and DOOMWHEEL both roll unusually high on movement distance, the HPA going unconfortably close to the saurus hero, while the DOOMWHEEL marches toward one of the 2 little skink coohort

Magic pahse 1 goes extremely well dicewise, with me having 10 dice and my opponent 6.

3-dice Howling Warpgale and Warp lightning from the engenner both are countered with ease by the slann.Since he has no dice left I eat a couple of warpstone tokens with the seer, and throw a Dreaded 13th on the temple guards, obtaining an IF. 16 temple guards die, i get a str6 hit on both my mages (saving the one on the Seer).

Shooting phase is mostly ineffective, with cannons and mortar killing 8 saurus warrior across both units.
DOOMWHEEL has a misfire, ends up moving 17 through a river behind the enemy lines, blessed be the Horned Rat.
>>
>>53387411

Lizardmen turn, I fire the stormbanner.

He declares charge on my HPA with the 30 saurus warriors + hero and it flees.

Magic Phase. Slann attempts to cast Walk Between Worlds on the salamanders (countered), the magic missile on my HPA (dispel scroll) then Fire Invocation (IF) on my clanrat bunker. The IF goes badly (4) but thanks to Soiul of Stone the slann does not risk death. However, other 8 temple guards die, leaving the slann alone with a single temple guard. 22 clanrats die, I magically pass the LD test.

Shooting phase is completely ineffectual, with most of his army needing 7+ or 8+ to hit
>>
>>53387462

Skaven turn 2: THE STORMBANNER CONTINUES

A skink cohort baits my rogres out of position, and flees, I rally the HPA

The stormvermin block marches forward, gutter runners place themselves in front of the terradons.

The DOOMWHEEL rolls a whooping 17 move and smashed into the non-hero manned saurus unit's flank!

Magic phase goes terribly, with me having 6 dices (5+1, no channeling) and my opponent having 7 dices. I opt to dispel his fire invocation and call it a day.

Shooting phase: the DOOMWHEEL and cannons fail to fire, the mortar does a couple of wounds on the saurusu hero hammer unit, the runners kill a terradon.

In combat the DOOMWHEEL narrowly wins combat, and, to both players disbelievement, the saurus warrios flee. Due to it's 3d6 pursue, the DOOMWHEEL smashes through the saurus, and proceeds dangerously close to the (almost) lone slann.
>>
>>53387547
can't hate the doomwheel anon, blessed be
>>
>>53387547

Lizardmen turn 2: THE STORMBANNER CONTINUES

surprisingly, the hero-hammer unit fails to charge the rogres, and is now on a pretty bad position, between the rogre and the HPA

the rest of the armies tries frantically to reorganize itself, since the left flank placeholder has just been obliterated and my stormvermin unit is still intact.

the slann is forced to turn away and run behind the big saurus block, hoping to distance itself from the DOOMWHEEL.

magic phase he rolls 12 dices. on a single phase he piles on the remaining saurus units +1 STR +1 T, +3 WS, I and gives the saurus +3 attacks +3 str, thus preventing any charge attempt on my part. I manage to dispel Walk Between Worlds on the Slann, and get hit by another Fire's Invocation on my grey seer unit. Both the unit and the engeneer succumb to it, leaving a lone seer in front of a salamander pack.

However, the Horned Rat is a generous god and the stormbanner prevents 2 salamanders from firing, the third one going wildly over the head of the seer.
>>
>>53387560

It literally won the game by itself

>>53387613

Skaven turn 3: I'm considering backstabbing the guy with the fucking stormbanner.

Rogres fail the frenzy and smash themselves on the hyper-buffed saurus unit.

Stormvermins fail to charge the salamanders. The seer hurries and joins them to not get shot in the face (he is still burning from the slann spell, and with only 2 wounds left mind you)

HPA moves to at least get a flank charge next turn on their overrun.

glorious DOOMWHEEL decides that today is the day, and smashed through an hill with a 17'' roll to hit the slann in the face. The lone temple guard is uncerimoniously ZAP'd

Magic phase is spent with the Grey Seer rolling itself on the ground to put out the flames.

Shooting phase the gutter runners manage to kill the terradons
(which, not being able to fly and having a -2 to hit, were pretty useless atm, but hey, it's still points)

Combat phase the rogres get rekt, the DOOMWHEEL manages to do a single wound on the slann but with no avail as he stands there.
>>
>>53387686

Lizardmen turn 3: STORMBANNER: IT MUST BE MONSOON SEASON EDITION

As the skinks try to get even a single shot through, the saurus hammer fails a LD test and so barely reorganizes itself to face the HPA.

Magic phase goes very poorly with 4 and 2 dices for him and me, respectively.

Saurus warrior get the +1 S +1 T, I counter the slann attempt to heal itself.

Combat phase is uneventful as both the DOOMWHEEL and the slann just stare at each other.

Skaven turn 4: fucking finally the stormbanner ends.

HPA charges the saurus unit, stormvermins charge one of the skink cohorts.

Magic phase the seer skitterleaps itself out of the combat on a remote patch of the battlefield

Shooting phase one cannons clear the salamanders, the other explodes. Flamethrower misfire, runs to the mortar and explodes on it, kiling them both. The doomwheel ZAP's the slann at str 2 and actually causes a sinle wound, which multiplies into...a single wound.

Combat phase the stormvermin predictably obliterate the skinks.
The saurus warriors FAIL the fear test so now they hit on 5'. HPA rolls the Flesh Avalnce result, killing 6 saurus warriors between impact hits and actual attacks, and giving them ANOTHER -1 to hit the HPA. They now hit the abomination on 6s.
Saurus warriors try to counteract this but it's far too much, they barely manage to sneak in a wound, and the HPa causes 6 more casualities with its stomp, robbing them of steadfast. They run and are uncerimoniously gulped down by the HPA.

the DOOMWHEEL decides it's time to end the game on a high note, and unleashes 12 attacks on the slann, causing 3 wounds, of which only 1 gets saved. the slann is obliterated and the lizardmen player concedes, having a single skink cohort unit and 10 chamaleons.
>>
>>53387686
you should really give the doomwheel lizard leather interiors in commemoration of the day when it reaped such a harvest, neat report anon, enjoyable reading.

here is a bit of paper terrain I did tonight, courtesy of the /tg/ paper terrain megas, it was only 2 pieces as well, just needed some cardboard inner reinforcements and it looks fantastic
>>
>>53384672
>Witchcraft allows you to learn any spell from an Arcane Lore with a Casting Number of 15 or less, but you must pay 200 xp for each one. You can cast these spells without having the Speak Arcane Language skill. However, you must roll an extra d10 when casting one of these spells. This does not add into your Casting Roll but does count for the purposes of Tzeentch’s Curse. Once you learn an Arcane Language and an Arcane Lore, you no longer have to roll the extra die.
I'm confused about the 'learn any spell from an arcane lore' bit. Does that mean that when using the Witchcraft talent, I can only use spells from a single lore since it says 'an' instead of 'any'?
>>
>>53388987
I think it is meant that you gain 1 spell from any Arcane Lore for each instance of 'Witchcraft' you have.
>>
>>53386742
Great suggestions anon, I like them. I'll have to look more into the princes of Luccini and Olovald. The ship's captain is secretly a worshipper of Stromfels so some conflict could erupt there easily.

For Jean I'm thinking maybe he was indeed persecuted for being taller than his lord, which drove him to the Harrimaults. Perhaps he committed some crime, like betrayed them or attacked innocents, and was banished for it?

There's a lot here to work with. Thanks. Still open to more ideas too!
>>
What year was the WFRP Companion published? In the bestiary section there are fungal zombies just like The Last of Us, and I'm curious if it predates that
>>
>>53388484

Eh, the baby is already painted and done. However, I still have an oldschool DOOMWHEEL to do....

(neat clocktower)
>>
File: RHINOX.jpg (236KB, 1005x684px) Image search: [Google]
RHINOX.jpg
236KB, 1005x684px
>>53384685
Second for actual heavy cav.
>>
>>53393332
I'm still bitter that those were not made into a core part of the army. Fixing old Ogres would have been so easy, *so easy*, but they went and changed them completely and ruined them
>>
>>53393332
>second
>22 posts into the thread

Heavyset is not the same as heavy. Those things are barely wearing armor, and the ogres aren't even holding lances or spears - the ogres on the sides could not physically hit anything unless it was at least as tall as an ogre, a human could easily dodge any of their strikes.
>>
>>53394097
But why do they hit so hard and have a 1+ armor?
>>
My players are wandering into Bordeleaux hoping to rally rubes into joining in on a crusade against Mousillon. One party member (an errant bretonnian knight) is delusional enough to think it will work, the others (filthy foreigners)are using it as a fund raising scam to pay for a ransom (and get better gear). They plan to tuck and run at the first set back.

I'll admit, I am unsure how to play the Bretonnians. Gullible, over zealous rubes? Disdainful nobles tba t wouldn't give them the time of day? Something else?

I can muddle through, but I am kind of creatively empty right now. I appreciate their creative scheme, but I worry it's over ambitious. But I don't want to smack them down too hard.
>>
>>53384672

What would you say is the most important element of a successful WHFB warband for 3000 points? Extra Lords and Heroes, or extra core, elites and rare units? Thinking of doing an allied list of Phoenix King and Empire.

Is it hoard dominance at core/special level, or is it more like 2000pts but with a higher lord and hero allowance?

Multiple death star units or a more balanced "chaff" heavy list due to the abundance of magic?

Just curious as to what people think at this point-level.

Also when playing with allies, do you personally allow each ally to have their own turn, or do you just have one mega turn per side? With the former, close combat would be freaking deadly (and arguably more realistic), whilst in the latter magic is significantly nerfed...
>>
>>53385500

I know it's Warhammer but somebody with no vision at all couldn't work on a ship. He's be too much of a hindrance.
>>
>>53394385

Depends on the armies.

Skaven heroes are not so deadly, but their rares are among the strongest.

You don't want to really field more than 1 deathstar, as that means leaving your opponent full control over the battlefield.

All allies act together, like it's meant to be. Magic is not nerfed, you still decide who get to cast and what.
>>
If I've already primed but not base coated can I green stuff the gaps and then base coat or will I need to prime again?
>>
>>53395965
I would try and peel away the prime from those spots. It will absolutely weaken the greenstuff's attachment to the model
>>
Been looking through the unit parts of Tamurkhan: Throne of Chaos and I have some questions:

Firstly what exactly is the special rule Will of Chaos? I can't find it anywhere, be it in the book itself or the 8th edition rulebook for WoC.

Secondly, is it just me or is the book/units from the book not included in the Battlescribe app?
>>
>>53389165
The Witchcraft skill doesn't say that it is several skills like Academic Knowledge or Speak Language, just a single one so I think possessing the talent just means that a new avenue of gaining spells becomes available. The problem is that I can't tell if it allows the character to learn spells from multiple arcane lores or just one.
>>
File: karl.jpg (18KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
karl.jpg
18KB, 600x315px
I'm going to be hosting a Fantasy RP and I'm writing up the story/background. The lore says Beastmen are the children of chaos and not beholden to one god, but they almost all seem to be Khorne-favoured when portrayed. Blood, skulls, killing, blood, etc

Are their Slaaneshi, Nurglite and Tzeentchi varieties? I'm mainly curious because the story is centred around a conflict between Nurgle and Slaanesh's forces.
>>
>>53394175
Because the Rhinoxes are big.
>>
>>53397920
Bestigors, Minotaurs and lords/heroes could take marks. Bestigors were called Khorngors, Slaangors, Tzaangors or Pestigors if they were marked.
>>
>>53397596
I think Tamurkhan predates the 8th edition book. Will of Chaos is panic test reroll.
>>
File: ohno.png (879KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
879KB, 1440x900px
>>53398192
>Slaaneshi Minotaurs
>>
>>53398259
Ah I see. Is the 1d4chan-page on WoC-tactics outdated then, as it includes Tamurkhan-units on the page for 8th ed.?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Warriors_of_Chaos
>>
Minotaurs are not technically beastmen though.
>>
>>53394348
It's not exactly an easy thing to figure out how an entire people should work. I assume you're looking at the Knights of the Grail book if you're running this, right? Easiest thing to do is take how Imperials work, and weld on Bretonnian ideas that the book presents.

Bretonnians as a whole focus on the present more than preparing for the future; if the party tries to convince them to prevent future peril, have the people they preach to decidedly less interested. If the party warns them of the current threat of Mousilion, or something soonish, that should get more attention. Also remember that people from Bordelaux are often tipsy since wine is so cheap - might earn them more initial successes.

I think peasants should have a salt of the earth wisdom, but aren't very informed or educated - if foreigners try to use the campaigns of Vlad as a threat for what might happen, they won't get it. Nobles should be disdainful of 'foreign peasants,' but more willing to listen to the knight - some might be zealous, some might be cautious, but as a whole they should understand the threat of Undead. If the nobles show approval, generally the peasants will follow. If a Grail Knight or other religious figure shows approval, the peasants will definitely listen - even Grail Pilgrim preaching could help, and they're fanatical enough they'd want to protect religious stuff from Undead.

If the party wants money, try focusing on merchants - they're still of the peasant class, but generally richer. And they care enough about the future that you can warn them of business problems in the future if they don't pay up now. Play them as using local toughs to back themselves up rather than laws making them immune to things.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

I cast a spell.
>>
>>53398316
Tamurkhan was released during the 8th edition, while the 7th edition WoC book was still in use.
>>
>>53397920
Khorne is the posterboy for Chaos, that's all. The other gods, minor daemons, and Chaos Undivided are all also worshipped by the Beastmen.

The last warband my players encountered were lead by a Slaangor who was fending off a leadership challenge from a gave possessed by a Plaguebearer. Was fun
>>
>>53398399
Ah okay, I take that as a yes then.
>>
>>53398951
Forge World probably FAQed it at some point.
>>
The person who wrote that 1d4chan article obviously didn't play before the 8th edition if he thinks that unmounted Archaon wasn't usable before the newest armybook.
>>
>>53399035
>>53399086
Thanks for the comments. I'll definately read the 1d4chan-article with a sprinkle of salt in the future.
>>
Have a Stegadon video.

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/867002579259199488

It's the one year anniversary now and I hope they announce something for it,
>>
>>53384672
Reposting my two homebrews. I think I've finished with them.
>>
>>53400096
>>
File: og_image.jpg (205KB, 900x485px) Image search: [Google]
og_image.jpg
205KB, 900x485px
Is the Mordheim PC game any good? It seems interesting but I've stayed my hand for fear that it would be a repeat of my experiences with XCOM and Blood Bowl, where everything is down to luck and there's always a chance to fuck everything up despite doing everything right from your perspective. Is it like that?
Also where can I get stuff to play it on tabletop?
>>
>>53400237
I'm not video game critic but I thoroughly enjoy the Mordheim PC game. It's the kind of game where you need to spend time reading guides to have fun right away. I mean, I guess you can just play, but it's a hard game
>>
anybody else think objectives are fucking gay and you should just fight and win with superior strategy and movement instead of gimmicky control points
>>
File: Jaguar_Standard.jpg (174KB, 391x798px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar_Standard.jpg
174KB, 391x798px
>>53399546
Why does the Stegadon have a tail-band with two human skulls cast in metal?

I understand that sometimes Lizardmen keep skulls and shrunken heads to terrify their enemies, but why go out of their way to make a human skull decoration out of metal? It doesn't have any meaning for them, and it's not terrifying as a necklace of skulls.
>>
>>53394348
Depends on who they're interacting with and if a knight what part of their quest for the grail they're in.
Peasants are simple, think of some mix between Monty Python and the Holy Grail and History of the World pt. 1's peasants and then remove humor until desired. The peasants are kept brutally oppressed by the laws and lords of Brettonnia where they only keep 1/10th as opposed to giving 1/10th. Merchants are peasants that know how to trade and, while they do make more money off of it, they should be viewed with suspicion for fear of corrupting the lands of Bretonnia.
For nobles look up every possible chivalric reference both in and out of game. These are the guiding light of Bretonnian nobles. Before they begin questing for the grail they are the stereotypical selfish and snooty assholes perfectly fine with seeing the peasants crushed beneath them. During their quest they have to give up everything they have so it takes a certain breed to commit to such an act of potentially giving up their entire inheritance and titles forever if they don't find the grail. Some will be humbled while others will become spiteful, never to find the object of their quest. Overtime they will either fail to become pure and die titleless or pass the tests of the Lady and become a Grail Knight, perfect, infallible beings whom will give their very lives to purify the world around them. While the smallfolk still toil beneath them, they recognize that even the peasants deserve some lot in life and are somewhat kinder towards them.
All Bretonnians hate shit that goes bump in the night since it eats peasants, which are property of royals. The Midnight Aristocracy is rightfully feared as it turns both desperate peasants and lordly knights over to the cruel grasp of undeath. Beastmen and their corrupting presence is not tolerated. The wood elves infest more woods than just Athel Loren and are cruel and capricious fae.
>>
>>53397920
Oh yes. One of my Warhammer fantasy characters is a Centigor Chieftain with the Mark of Slaanesh. We got some corrupted Reikland elite soldiers in the war herd as well. Waiting for Malagor to show up to point us at our next score. Alcohol, food, and human females for everyone!
>>
do third parties still sell GW models or do you have to go directly through GW now? Also do GW stores (online or physical) ever have sales on miniatures/paint?
>>
>>53401993
Funnily enough, The War Store is finally able to openly sell GW minis online, which the were held from doing before and had a big run around for it.
>>
>>53400626
>anybody else think objectives are fucking gay and you should just fight and win with superior strategy and movement instead of gimmicky control points
I used to think that way but then I realized that objectives give games variety. It also makes them more realistic, because how often is every engagement in a war just two armies duking it out on a field?
>>
>>53394453
I have yet to figure out how I will play Blind Adrian. Perhaps like thebother anon suggested he has second sight, or maybe he really can move around decently just using his other sense. He can certainly pull ropes and clean things by touch.
>>
>>53400626
It gives you something to fight for/over. Without them, you essentially just have armies bashing against each other, and whoever's got the worse army loses - with control points or suchlike, a player can be rewarded for outmaneuvering their opponent rather than outfighting them. And that also means that turtling up isn't always a viable strategy.

It also helps with scenarios - if we reach this side of the table, we're safe; if we capture this part of the town, the enemy will lose heart and flee, that sort of thing.
>>
>>53398418
I've always thought of the beastmen as heavily Slaneeshi-flavoured with the whole wild Bacchus-wibe they got going lorewise.
>>
>>53397920
That's funny that you think so, since I myself have always viewed them as heavily Slaaneshi-flavoured due to the whole wild Bacchus-wibe they got going lorewise.
>>
File: skeletons.jpg (20KB, 313x209px) Image search: [Google]
skeletons.jpg
20KB, 313x209px
I need recommendations for vampire counts/covenant models,more specifically (cheap) 28mm armed skellingtons

what gives?
>>
>>53404957

try the old tomb kings line
>>
>got whfb to work on my computer
>playing bretts and love it
>united the knights
>Took Marineberg
>Wood Elves hate us but spend their time doing jack shit

Questions
1-Who should I choose for the finally errantry war? Chaos or Orcs?

2-Would it be wrong to rename Couronne as "Paris"?
>>
>>53400237
I'm currently playing it and having fun.
It is less frustrating than BB on that matter, but to be honest the AI is a bit shallow and basically resorts to the same tactic to subdue you. Also maps get quite repetitive after a bit.
That's for random encounters, campaign missions are more enjoiable (and hard).
>>
>>53409005
>less frustrating than bb
Blood bowl is a salt game and thats what makes it grand
>>
So WFRP is confirmed as being done by Cubicle 7 with a new edition. Thoughts?
>>
>>53409247
Source?
>>
>>53409291
https://twitter.com/cubicle7/status/867380555834372096
>>
>>53409780
Looks like their site got the hug of death.

Looking forward to getting some more details though.
>>
>>53409839
"The new edition will return players to Warhammer's grim world of perilous adventure, and takes its direction from the first and second editions of the game."
>>
>>53409872
Fun yes. That's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>53409901
Not sure how my fingers translated 'fuck' to 'fun'.
Freudian slip perhaps.
>>
Guys...there's a new edition of WHRP incoming.

I'm not shitting you, there's a new edition of WHRP in the making. 5e is a thing.

It's being made by Cubicle7. They announced it 3 or so hours ago on their facebook page.
>>
>>53410177
You're a bit late chap.
>>
>>53410177
So who is Cubicle7? What have they done?
>>
>>53410177
Didn't this come up a few threads ago anyway? It might have been just a rumor then.
>>
>>53404957

Honestly you only really have two options, Mantic or GW. The others probably aren't much cheaper.
>>
>>53410177

Good for the confirmation but yeah we all knew. GW sold them the rights to it last year.

Also it's 4E isn't it?
>>
>>53410528

Some small British team, people seem to speak very highly of them. They've produced a well received middle-earth RPG.
>>
>>53410668
Oh, they made Qin. That was a neat game, but a bit loose on the crunch. Still, I expect good things.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6d0ja1/old_friend_news_today/dhzeyac/?context=3

>Grace_CA
>We wish we’d thought of that…The ‘Old Friend’ is out a little later in the year. It’s just a cool tiny, little thing we thought everyone would like to see, but it’s not a faction or an LL.

RIOT
>>
>>53402952
>Only gw beastmen minis are gors

Annoying desu
>>
>>53411166
What could they possibly include that wasn't a faction or an LL? Could it possibly be a map?

>tfw no Tristan le Troubadour, Josef Bugman or Krell
>>
Guys, does any of you play Age of Reckoning? It is a PvP only server?
>>
>>53404953
You bring up a good point. To put it simply, the Beastmen are a race-war on hooves. Being the children of Chaos, they are so perfectly Chaotic that it often causes the Dark Gods to lose interest. Every Beastie Boy is aware that they are fighting an eternal race war with the human race, and this can perfectly be seen with the fact that they love to raid Human civilization and carry off booze, food, and females to impregnate with more glorious beast seed.They can appear to be quite Slaaneshi, and Beastie boys love to have fun, but they can also embody other aspects from other Gods such as their bloodlust for Khorne, their Endurance for Nurgle, and how Bray-Shamans preserve the stories and Wisdom of their people for Tzeentch. The reason why a lot of people get that Bacchus feel with them is because the average Beast isn't very smart and only really wants to have fun. Fun that usually comes at the expense of humans, especially women!
>>
Does Chaos Undivided still exist in WFB? It was more or less written out in 40k, if I remember right - only one Chaos Undivided Daemon Prince, for instance.
>>
>>53408602
Chaos you non-grail knight. In the bulwark of civilization it is the role of the Dawi to rid the world of the greenskinned abomintations and the Empire to secure the old world. You are to journey to the very depths of the chaos wastes to battle the gods themselves if the Lady demands it.
>>
What is life like in the Empire and where are the halflings located? Not in the small villages but in the bigger cities like Nuln and Altdorf for the former question.
>>
>>53412688
Most halfings are in the Moot, but if you just mean in other parts of the empire, they tend to have their own parts of cities if there's a large enough population of them, like how dwarves are. Though they'll also get a bit scattered about depending on their class and occupation.
>>
>>53412458

Yes and it does in 40K as well.

The main baddies in both are Chaos undivided, ie. Archaon and Abbadon.
>>
>>53412688

A good thing about Fantasy is that if there is anything not detailed you can just look at the history and get a pretty good idea.

So it's a bit boring but they live like people lived in 16th century European free towns.

Nuln and Altdorf are the two most advanced though and maybe not typical of the other large towns in the Empire.
>>
>>53412688
>>53412900

Also have a look at the book Heirs of Sigmar which goes into a load of detail on each province and it's major towns.
>>
File: 547568368.png (75KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
547568368.png
75KB, 192x263px
>>53409872

We're back in business boys.

I'm just looking forward to some new stuff to read.

> RPG
> Vermintide
> Total War

When is GW going to grow a pair of balls and just admit they made a mistake.
>>
>>53412658
>Germans
>Secure about anything
Also does WHFB have a Vienna equivelant? I know marnieburg is ampsterdam/netherlands
>>
>>53413381
Maybe Averheim or Tabalheim?
>>
>>53413381
Bechafen perhaps? Ostermark is kinda Austria (big surprise) and Hungary.
>>
>>53413658
Ostermark is Poland not Austria
Austria would be southern empire, and Hungary is prolly in the boarder princes
>>
File: Empire_ValmirVonRaukov[1].jpg (81KB, 522x423px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_ValmirVonRaukov[1].jpg
81KB, 522x423px
>>53413715
I think they both have a bit of Poland in them.

>>53413764
If Ostermark is Poland, what's Ostland?
I put Ostermark as Hungary mostly because both Ostland and Ostermark are said to have some ethnic crossover with the Ungols and I had the Magyar in mind.
>>
File: Nordland_Spearman.jpg (4KB, 153x182px) Image search: [Google]
Nordland_Spearman.jpg
4KB, 153x182px
While we're on the subject of real world countries and provinces - what's a good way to do Nordland so that, either their colors aren't so obviously like Sweden's, or so that they're distinct through symbols or other things?

It's fun to joke about, but I really hate looking at a Nordland army and being unable to think 'that's Nordland,' and instead think 'that's Sweden.' Somehow I don't look at Bretonnians and see France, but that's another problem.
>>
>>53413764
No fuck off, Kislev is Poland
>>
>>53413985
And Russia. Most Warhammer nations are pastiches of our own.
>>
>>53404957
Plastics from Perry brothers, skulls from GW, bought on the cheap on eBay because every single skellington box comes with a ton of them.
>>
>>53413985
Kiev mixes good catholic slavs with evil Tsar slavs
>>
>>53413957
>doesnt see bretts as france
>lead by charlemange with fleur de liz everywhere

I bet you dont get that orcs are the britbongs either
>>
>>53414066
>orcs are the britbongs
Nigga do you even Albion?
>>
>>53413957
The people of Nordland dont pay beastmen to fuck thier wives
>>
>>53414066
I get the French themes, but I can still see 'Bretonnia,' instead of 'France.' It doesn't hurt that in a lot of ways their history is very different from medieval French history and they have such a strong Arthurian theme - Sigmar is more Charlemagne, while Giles le Breton was King Arthur.

But yeah, Nordland looks like Sweden to me and I don't like that. They don't even have that strong a Swedish theme to me, as far as I understand - they just look the part.
>>
>>53414166
Albion is just an extention of norsca
Orcs actually act like britts
>>
>>53414177
those are marien(((burg))) colours
>>
File: marienburgerwarband.gif (74KB, 520x247px) Image search: [Google]
marienburgerwarband.gif
74KB, 520x247px
>>53414341
Marienburg has some red in there too, and sometimes it's even more prominent than the blue or yellow.
>>
>>53410177

I hope they expand on different kind of damage types and crit table for different kinds like in dark heresy. In WFRP best hand axe were superior to every other one handed weapons unless they were magical which was boring.
>>
>>53413381

All the Empire is just a mash up of Germanic provinces and some English thrown in from Nottingham.

Other than the obvious ones I wouldn't try too hard to make them fit.
>>
>>53414066
>>53414166
>>53414190
You'll find parts of Britain all over Warhammer.

Bretonnia has parts of Norman England,
Dwarfs are always portrayed as Northern English,
Elves are their colonial heritage,
Orcs are the sub-working class and hooligans,
The British are ultimately an Anglo-Saxon and Germanic race, so it's no wonder they're the main faction.

Most of it is based on Tolkien and most of Tolkien is based on British-Germanic folklore.
>>
>>53411166
>>53411820
banners and musicians would go down a treat
>>
if brettonians found out that their lady is actually an elf but they continue to worship their idea of the lady, would THE lady goddess manifest itself in the warp?
>>
>>53415948
Fun fact Lieleth actually liked the bretts more than the forest dipshits
At least bretts did something meaningfull
>>
>>53412458
glottkin reintroduced Legions of Chaos to 8th edition which combines Daemons, Warriors, and Beastmen into a single army with some special rule tweaks.
>>
>>53415948
sure why not
>>
>>53416443
Chaos Undivided means followers of the whole Pantheon of Chaos.

>>53412458

Yes they do.
>>
Looking for more input on
>>53385500
>>53385510

Hit me up with some strange ideas, mates
>>
>>53415948
I don't know. There's been lore in the past of races having variations on each others gods - Taal is worshiped as a god of lakes and rivers by the High Elves (as a goddess called Torothal, interestingly enough). You could reasonably assume that the Lady and Lileath could be separated - it's not as if they really have similar spheres anyway, since Lileath is the goddess of dreams and prophecy, while the Lady is a patron of chivalry and a deity of Bretonnia (like Sigmar is of the Empire).

Though by that logic, they should have been separate already.
>>
>>53413018
>When is GW going to grow a pair of balls and just admit they made a mistake.
Never. They aren't growups.
>>
>>53415948
>the warp

Has the Realm of Chaos ever been called the Warp in Warhammer?
>>
>>53417721
Yeah, I saw it called The Warp in the 3rd edition rulebook the other day.
>>
>>53417618
but 40k 8e is blowing out aoskubmar!!! theyre learning from mistakes!!!!!!
>>
File: 1481343152575.jpg (352KB, 1482x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1481343152575.jpg
352KB, 1482x1500px
>>53413018
Never, because they thought that videogames and RPGs were a threat to the wargame, rather than a way to help garner interest and bring new members into the community.

And in a way, they're right. I doubt many of the people that got into Warhammer through Vermintide or Total War are going to run to their nearest GW store and buy an army's worth of miniatures. It's like assuming that most people who watch a movie based off of a book will read the book, or vice versa. But GW is doing nothing to encourage the alternative.

So GW is going to keep on backing itself more and more into a corner, because even with recent successes and improvements it is clear that they don't really understand the community anymore - instead of trying to channel videogame popularity into increasing their sales, they're going to slowly drown because of how few people get into wargaming these days, and why those few do.
>>
>>53410177
God I want it to be good. But I also want my beloved 2e books to stay relevant. I'm getting way too excited
>>
>>53419163
i got into warhammer with Total War and now I'm buying miniatures so it worked on at least one person.
>>
>>53419473

That's only an issue if they base it on the most up to date 40k RPG type rules (so no custom dice and stuff) and don't base it in Age of Sigmar.

And even if that first one does happen it's easy enough to port from 2e to what is essentially just tweaked 2e.
>>
should i just do a 1.5:1 or 2:1 mix of abbadon black and mournfang brown for the wood parts of weapons?
>>
Even if WFRP4 is unequivocally shit, 2E will always exist, and ZWEIHANDER is a thing now

Lamentations of the Flame Princess is supposedly a good system for WHF in general, as well
>>
File: 1476056594837.png (401KB, 713x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476056594837.png
401KB, 713x500px
I'm writing up various adventure hooks for WFRP, and one I've really wanted to try was something in Naggaroth.

>>After escaping a Druchii prison, the Player Characters find themselves surrounded by a patrol. They are told to run as it will provide their former jailers with sport and those that elude them the longest will get a painful death. Moments later, however, the relative silence is broken by whooping cries and the thundering of hooves. Lean, tan skinned men wearing hide and cloaks of feathers burst forth from the treeline riding black horses, firing arrows in deadly volleys, slaying the dark elves. Just as soon as it began, they are gone, the would-be hunters having become prey.

How would you react to such an event? Would you want to investigate who these people are or would you make a beeline to the coast and hijack the first sea worthy craft you could find? It's a rough idea so I haven't put a huge amount of thought into it.
>>
>>53421195
Should be
>>get a painless death
Though a Dark Elf would offer the former, to be honest, as if it's some kind of prize to be sought after.
>>
>>53421195
Are they in northern or southern Nagaroth? Because, if they are in northern Nagaroth then they should probably run from the men because they are likely to be Kurgan marauders.
>>
>>53421243
Somewhere in the middle, I wanted to make these people not!Native Americans. The original inhabitants of the northern New World, barely surviving the mass extermination by the Druchii after they settled there and founded Naggaroth after the Sundering. Adept at stealing horses, launching lightning raids and fading away, while also building settlements that can be broken down and moved at a moment's notice.

Basically a small thorn in the Druchii's side, but a thorn nonetheless.
>>
>>53419163
plenty of people did that after total warhammer came out. The problem with GW is that they didn't coordinate with CA at all. There were no beastie minis or welf minis being released with the DLC, and bretonnia was a missed opportunity. GW just linked to their game at start and sat on their asses.
>>
>>53421285
If Nagaroth originally had human inhabitants then they would most likely be the Hung who were driven to the Chaos Wastes. If so, Chaos Marauders are unlikely to be rescuers to prisoners.

Ultimately, it's your game, just be aware that what you make up might be entirely non-canon. What you're describing already sounds a lot like the Hung.
>>
File: 1486003903513.jpg (360KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1486003903513.jpg
360KB, 1280x853px
>>53421423
>>might be entirely non-canon
Par for the course. I try to adhere to canon as much as I can, unless it's something retarded like 8th edition fluff, but my friend and I have made a lot of additions that we consider it our own timeline at this point. We've destroyed a Temple City and killed a second generation Slann, foiled Project: Supremacy, even taken advice from Mannfred von Carstein in how to foil his retarded cousin trying to bring Nagash back to full power. Mind you, this doesn't happen every adventure, those are just some things we've added over the course of our many campaigns.

But considering how close Native Americans and Asians are, it isn't that much of a stretch that the Hung may be second cousins to this group I'm making. The main point of making them was to give a somewhat friendly face in Naggaroth rather than making it a constant bumrush. Plus there's a lot of native jokes and stereotypes we'd all get, since most of the group grew up together in the same area of northern Canada.
>>
>>53421487
What's Project: Supremacy? You killed a second generation Slann? Do you know how powerful those are? It would be like the party killing an Exalted Daemon when Greater Daemons are pretty much total party wipe.
>>
File: IM ANGRY ANGRY ABOUT DRUCHII.png (268KB, 277x326px) Image search: [Google]
IM ANGRY ANGRY ABOUT DRUCHII.png
268KB, 277x326px
>>53421528
>>What's Project: Supremacy?
It was the Skaven's plan to, essentially, nuke Middenheim during the Storm of Chaos. There was a massive machine under the city that would have exploded the entire Fauschlag Rock, but for some reason it had instead released poison gas which flooded the tunnels, killing all the Skaven but also the various dwarfs and human adventurers down there. My explanation was my PCs stealing a warp battery, one of thirteen, from a tesla coil. They didn't really know what it was, but they wouldn't give it up no matter how many assassins or pleading slaves the Skaven sent. At that point it was a matter of pride. Without the battery, the Project had to move forward with predictable results.

>>You killed a second generation Slann? Do you know how powerful those are?

Very well. We didn't kill it, per se, but we did cause it's death. As in no one in the party caused it's downfall personally. There are a lot of contributing factors, one such involving a Chaos Champion trying to go back in time to stop the polar gates from collapsing causing a time paradox that would destroy the Chaos Gods (it's very complicated) that the Slann had no choice but to attempt a spell that would destroy itself, the city, and most importantly, us. We managed to escape thanks to a dwarf pirate zeppelin, but the effects of it were felt even years after. My character was affected greatly, due to his newfound ability to 'see' the winds of magic. Again, complicated. I could go on for ten hours on the campaigns me and my friends played.
>>
>>53421285
If they were farther south they could be Lustrian Amazons.

But if you feel like it, you could make them relatives to them (like an entirely male counterpart of immortal warriors, or something more regular).
>>
>>53419163
>And in a way, they're right.
No, they've always been wrong. 40k only became really huge after Dawn of War came out. The trend was there, GW was just too retarded to see it.
>>
>>53421617
If you have a map of Naggaroth they would be in the vicinity of Clar Karond. Close to the mountains, surrounded by pine trees, but also within a good distance of the bay and possibly a ship to steal. Not so far south that they'd be huehue's.
>>
File: 20151110155549kf_poster_final.jpg (53KB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
20151110155549kf_poster_final.jpg
53KB, 350x315px
Why the hell does Karl Franz wear his visor up in battle? Kinda annoying.
>>
File: 1473916166609.png (165KB, 705x847px) Image search: [Google]
1473916166609.png
165KB, 705x847px
>>53421749
Karl Franz is many things, but most of all he's a leader. You need to be able to see his face and hear his voice to be inspired by him.

He also murdered Marius Leitdorf.
>>
File: King_louen_Leoncoeur.gif (38KB, 303x335px) Image search: [Google]
King_louen_Leoncoeur.gif
38KB, 303x335px
>>53421749
When you're riding on the back of a bucking, swerving hippogriff, possibly hundreds of feet above the battle, you'd want to be able to actually see too.

>tfw Leoun will never wear his badass helmet
>>
>>53421608
Good to know that it wasn't directly at least, because a 2nd generation Slaan translated into Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay would probably have 76-94 wounds, have a Toughness bonus of 8 (5 normally and +3 from the shield of the Old Ones), ignores Tzeentch's Curse, has a Magic Level of 5 and has access to multiple arcane lores. Note that this is probably made even tougher by whatever magical items the Slaan has in it's possession and a small army of Temple Guard guarding it.
>>
>>53421770
>He also murdered Marius Leitdorf.

nani?
>>
File: 1489461841245.png (181KB, 777x650px) Image search: [Google]
1489461841245.png
181KB, 777x650px
>>53421825
Wear your crown proudly, like all other kings before you. Caledor II? Who's that? A bitch ass who lost his crown because he got his dumbass killed.

>>53421855
It was a tough fight to be sure. Mitigated in a way because we had fucked up the Temple City in multiple ways. In a fair fight we would have been cleaned up by a team of skinks. Seeing as how we stacked the deck so much, and even then we almost all died, there was the possibility that we would succeed. The explosion actually gave my character an Insanity, as the zeppelin was rocked and I lost my footing, banging my head on a railing. I was at 0 wounds at that point and got a fear of sailing. I eventually had it cured, but seeing as how I was a Sea Captain it was a bit...annoying. After that we were assailed by a High Elven navy.
>>
>>53421884
Another battle in Blackfire Pass. He was in reserve with the Reiksguard while Leitdorf was in the vanguard. Due to his impetuousness, Leitdorf wouldn't retreat and was challenged by the orc Warboss. He had his neck broken for the trouble.

Why would Franz trust someone like Leitdorf to lead anything? Because he knew it would get him killed, removing one of his many problems. He may not have strangled the life out of Marius, but he was the cause of his death, and not in an superior officer sort of way.
>>
>>53421920

Lietdorf was also mad as a cut snake.
>>
>>53422246
Franz could have directed him to deal with magic Halflings in his bedroom closet, but instead had him be on the front lines against a massive WAAAAGH!. Surely there was someone more competent available. Kurt Helborg could have ridden a few horses nearly to death to take command.
>>
File: averland-halberder.jpg (155KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
averland-halberder.jpg
155KB, 600x600px
>>53421920
You forget that:

1) Marius Leitdorf and the forces of Averland were fighting the orcs already, before Karl Franz arrived. Leitdorf had requested aid from Franz, who was reinforcing him with the armies of Reikland soon after the beginning of the battle, but Leitdorf was already commanding the armies of Averland. There was no reason to take him from command.

2) As mad as Leitdorf was, he was a skilled fighter and general. The fact that he and his bodyguard lasted as long as they did is a testament to that skill - and he was known to fight from the front rather than the rear.
>>
So apparently there will be a WFRP 4th edition and not a AoSRP

It will also go back to the form of 1st and 2nd edition, disregarding 3rd

so what you say /wfbg/ yay or nay?
>>
File: IMG_0696.png (436KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0696.png
436KB, 600x557px
Reminder that dwarfs are shit. Elves would never let their homeland get rekt and inhabited by rats and goblins. Not even humans let that happen holy shit, dwarfs are fucking cucks
>>
>>53423133
Yay

I want a proper Lustria book asap.
>>
>>53423133
fingers crossed
>>
>>53423172

>not even humans
>major rat settlement under every human city
>>
>>53422276
>Surely there was someone more competent available.

Moon-barkingly insane as Lietdorf was, he was miraculously a brilliant commander, and master swordsman. So probably not.
>>
>>53423350
>humans still in control of their cities
>don't have the entire thing inhabited like the dwarf holds
>>
>playing AoW3
>make myself a human necromancer lady that looks vaguely like Isabella and is actually named Isabella von Carstein
>name all towns I found after Sylvanian ones

>meet AI players
>one looks like Imperial mayor or elector count (by which I mean fat, sleazy, balding and is a rogue) and is called Something von Something
>other once is a Dreadnought, which is pure imperial glory in itself

it's nice to see the game help me imagine I'm in WHFB.
>>
File: Lustria.png (4MB, 1181x1636px) Image search: [Google]
Lustria.png
4MB, 1181x1636px
So I'm trying to make a campaign for WFRP2 set in Lustria, and I really need some advice on that continent, mainly about a) the deadly wildlife, b) Luthor Harkon, c) the pressence of chaos in Lustria's interior.

I found this map, it is pretty good, but I feel like I am stumbling a little in the dark about what I could but into my campaign.
>>
>>53423172
>goblins
>Grom
>>
>>53398324
indeed. because a beastman is part human and part animal and minotaur is... wait a second...
>>
>>53420358
They are taking leads from 1st and 2nd editions.
>>
I know it's a far shot, but I'll try

I'm looking for an info on a model. It's an old, oop one, afaik.

It's a wight king, tall, armoured, with a cloak.
It has a large skull (a bit unportionate, I think), no helm or crown.
It has non-dynamic pose, looking down and bit to the side, left arm hanging and right arm resting on the hilt of a huge sword standing near him.

anyone knows a manufacturer or has a picture?
>>
>>53419163

>instead of trying to channel videogame popularity into increasing their sales,

To do that they would have had to give Fantasy a long overdo reworking, something that would cause much kicking and screaming.

This was always the problem with these fantasies of video games saving Fantasy, they act like Fantasy does not have serious problems and if they acknowledge them at all they think that simply lowering the price of models will somehow make up for the fact that you have to assemble and paint a great deal of models.

>>53421639

40k was also a much different beast in terms of model size. Even in the past three additions it has seemingly had armies of varying sizes and allowed you to build an army in at least one of two sizes.

In comparison Fantasy seemed to be horde armies and not so horde armies with rules that blatantly rewarded you for bringing huge units to the table. 40k and AoS still do that here and there, but at least GW had the good sense to impose unit caps and/or make it so that the big unit is going to cost you a decent chunk of points.
>>
File: The Empire (8ed)-58.jpg (46KB, 488x114px) Image search: [Google]
The Empire (8ed)-58.jpg
46KB, 488x114px
>>53421920
Pic related
'Genuine regret' seems fairly clear-cut.
>>
File: minotaur.jpg (1MB, 1527x2162px) Image search: [Google]
minotaur.jpg
1MB, 1527x2162px
>>53423718
Beastmen are mutated humans, minotaurs are minotaurs.
>>
>>53421920
because despite being mad (ostensibly) Leitdorf is still a tactical genius? or his horse is, anyway.
>>
>>53414819
>hand axe
Nigga please.
Do you even flail?
Impact, S+1, not two handed so you may get shield and free parry.
>>
>>53421855
>would probably have 76-94 wounds, have a Toughness bonus of 8 (5 normally and +3 from the shield of the Old Ones),
Kill able, if you are able to get to runes and potions from RoS and manage to get into the melee

Hypothetical full power character:
Strength 40 +5 from talent + 30 from profession extra +15 from potion = Strength of 90 so S = 9
Two handed weapon with rune of might ups this to 18 S, add rune of fury and as third slot rune of striking.
So our character hits with S of 19 Impact, 4 times up to 104 points of damage, 72 after soak.
In round 2 lizard is kill, while magic scales badly (unless you have familiar then you win)
>>
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/867726976383168513
>>
Noob here, where do Orks come from? Do they grow like mushrooms like in 40k?
>>
>>53424844
Kind of a stupid animation but it probably won't play that much in-game, so whatever.
>>
>>53424844
Reminds me of jumping Angelos in Dow3, at least its not croxigor.
>>
>>53424871
Yes, they came from spores accidentally brought by Old Ones ships.
>>
>>53424844
>when the player commands a missile attack but changes his mind
>>
>>53424965
kthxbai
>>
The kings of war elf army mega pack kind of has me a little hesitant. They seem to have some wood elf units, then they have other stuff that says high elf. Would it be shitty to just change the armored elves to dark elves? I am a skaven/vamp player, and at a glance notice the high elves and dark elves are generally the same cosmetically on infantry save for color. I have a dark elf player and a wood elf player trying to collect models and both have birthdays coming up at the same time.
>>
>>53425357
Would that DE player like Mantic elves though? They are in completely different style to GW and other popular ones.
>>
>>53425374
They are having a hard time finding much for a reasonable price. Not alot of people will to part with DE stuff in the area, or its 20 decently painted models for $400 type of shit. I figured I'd be hitting two birds with this, so long as it can be at least somewhat passable
>>
>>53421423
>If so, Chaos Marauders are unlikely to be rescuers to prisoners.
If anon describes them obviously as Chaos marauders, the character most likeley hide or run so you could argue the Hung just don't notice them.
>>
File: flail.png (261KB, 920x245px) Image search: [Google]
flail.png
261KB, 920x245px
>>53424587
Sadly, you cannot do this. Flail is 2-handed, the morning star is the 1-handed version and does not have the same stats and weapon characteristics.
>>
>>53424263
What changes would have had to been made? I don't understand what's wrong with it as is.
>>
>>53421608

Yawn
>>
>>53426164
How is there not a one-handed version? A military flail or somesuch.
>>
File: 20170525_142626.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_142626.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I assume this is because it was a pretty cheap brush, but any tips for extending brush life?
>>
>>53423484
It's pretty neat how close AoW3 is similar to whfb
>>
>>53428787
Aside from cleaning it regularly with soap and warm water, and trying to keep it shaped properly? Not much you can do.

Simple trick for helping keep a point on your brushes is to to use the crease that forms on your palm, just below your pinky finger, to gently squeeze the brush and pull the brush away. Keeps it pointy, and helps remove a little excess paint. You'll probably find someone that can explain it better than me if that's confusing.
>>
>>53419163
>>53419478

It definitely does work. When people went out and watched the Lord of the Rings in the early 00's they didn't go home and say 'well I've had enough Tolkien', they went mad for the SBG and gave GW one of the biggest growth spurts it's ever had. Same applied to Dawn of War, nearly everyone knows someone who got into table-top though that game, it was the Heroquest of my generation.

They have a point that there will be people who are happy to just play TW:W rather than the game but I think they'll be few and far between since table-top war-gaming and video games and film scratch different parts of our brain.
>>
>>53428045
That's what the morning star is.
>>
File: lady elf knight.png (2MB, 1326x628px) Image search: [Google]
lady elf knight.png
2MB, 1326x628px
This is a stupid thing to obsess over, but whatever:

You know how on the cover of the core rulebook for WFRP, there's a figure that seems to be armed like a Bretonnian knight, but seems to be female? I remember that being argued about in a thread a while back.

But recently I finally went to take a look at Barony of the Damned, and look what I see on the front cover! It looks similar to the (wo?)man on the core rulebook - they both have white hair, they both have the colors and symbol of L'Anguille, but they clearly have pointed ears!

Do elves disguise themselves as Bretonnian knights now? Was that a woman on the core rulebook cover, or an elf - or was it a female elf? Stuff is clearly being shown in the art that is not being properly addressed in the lore.
>>
File: 14358535711390.png (158KB, 497x535px) Image search: [Google]
14358535711390.png
158KB, 497x535px
>>53429891
This is some half-eldar utramarine of WHFB.
>>
>>53429891
Maybe some artist not knowing what the fuck he's doing.
>>
File: 4da8d5695d0954278f233db7ca1e66f5.jpg (950KB, 1123x1250px) Image search: [Google]
4da8d5695d0954278f233db7ca1e66f5.jpg
950KB, 1123x1250px
>>53429955
Well, they are obviously by two different artists - I don't recognize the one on the right, but the one on the left might be Wayne England.
>>
Is GW leadbelcher a metallic paint that I need to use alcohol with or a regular acrylic I can thin with water?
>>
File: 1474654988540.jpg (836KB, 984x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1474654988540.jpg
836KB, 984x1500px
What stops the enemy of wood elves just starting a massive forest fire? The wardstones? Just general foresty magic mcguffins? It's not really made clear in the wikis. It seems like a serious invading army could simply sit on the border and set all the trees in front of them on fire repeatedly before advancing.
>>
What's a good White Dwarf archive right now? I seem to recall the archive in the trove links being an old KAT link and so out of date.
>>
>>53431269
I'm assuming it's not really dry enough to start a forest fire in athel loren. Living trees don't burn that well.
>>
>>53384693
I was thinking of the Vampires being out and open in Sylvania ~2010, so yeah, my bad.

Wasn't Merovech being a Vampire heavily hinted by one of the Vampire Counts armybooks? Or the Undead 4th edition one? I seem to recall one of those armybooks including his shitfit in the timeline.
>>
>>53429891

The things with Warhammer is, there are always exceptions.

Maybe she's one of a kind, an adopted elf to a dying knight. In the Japan in the 1600's it was very common for shoguns to adopt orphans or the children of other powerful families into their own if they did not have an heir.
>>
>>53428787

When I first saw that thumbnail it looks like one of those videos of an attack helicopter shooting people in the desert.
>>
>>53423503
hey guys, newb here. what races occupy the South Lands (don't tell me orks do)
>>
File: glottpill.jpg (48KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
glottpill.jpg
48KB, 600x620px
Can I get a quick rundown on these brothers?
>>
>>53429891
I don't think the woman on the core book has the L'Anguille arms, it just looks very similar. Note the leg you can see on her surcoat which the L'Anguille one doesn't have.

The Barony of the Damned cover is another story. I have no idea what's going on there.
>>
File: 1472609948638.jpg (886KB, 2000x1677px) Image search: [Google]
1472609948638.jpg
886KB, 2000x1677px
>>53431269
Probably the Wood Elves themselves - they're uncannily accurate with their bows at a much longer range than Beastmen or Bretonnians could manage, and even then a bunch of elves and dryads could sally out - it's not as if they can't leave Athel Loren ever. In the Bretonnian's case, it might be risky to do so for harming the surrounding land if the fire spreads uncontrollably, and Athel Loren is somewhat sacred to them.

>>53431685
I honestly don't know, since I haven't looked at the armybooks that closely. I only know that it's been implicitly stated in the Anthony Reynolds series - I haven't read the books themselves so I shouldn't even comment on it, but to me it looks like a way to include a villain with a big name without having to upset the status quo of the canon by having the Red Duke or Mallobaude get killed. It also kind of takes away from the general madness of cursed Mousilion - not everything has to be because of vampires. Though the in End Times, Calard - the protagonist of the series - is included among one of the Companions of Quenelles, and Merovech is confirmed as a vampire lord there, so GW seemed to approve of the idea implicitly, if Black Library lore isn't good enough. But End Times lore isn't really accepted all that much anyway.
>>
>>53431891
The farsqueak that saved the Old World.
>>
File: Southlands.jpg (375KB, 1496x1647px) Image search: [Google]
Southlands.jpg
375KB, 1496x1647px
>>53431861
The Land of the Dead is obviously Tomb Kings.
Araby, to the north-west, are humans.
Sudenburg, in the middle, is an Empire colony
The Lost Hold of Karak Zorn was originally occupied by Dwarfs but it's unknown if they still survive.
To the south there are Lizardmen (all the aztec-sounding names)
On the very south tip are High Elf outposts.
In addition to that there are large numbers of savage orcs and there are supposed to be kingdoms of dark-skinned Southlanders.
>>
Any reason to not let brushes sit in a cup of water to keep them from drying with paint on them?
>>
File: strange female knight.png (201KB, 324x411px) Image search: [Google]
strange female knight.png
201KB, 324x411px
>>53431895
It gets weirder when I look further in the Barony of the Damned book and clearly see the (lady?) knight again, they have that facepaint and white hair, their armor is still similar to the other two - only now the heraldry on their shield is of a unicorn, which doesn't seem to be like how it was on the core rulebook cover - there's clearly no horn involved...

Maybe the artists just fucked up, but man this is weird and confusing to me.
>>
>>53431730
>The things with Warhammer is, there are always exceptions.

Exceptions are not canon.
>>
Obviously basically every culture in the Old World is heavily referential to/based upon an IRL one. So I was always wondering; what was Mourkain/Strigos supposed to be? The Strigany are obviously sort of Roma, but Mourkain has little to do with India or the IRL Roma beyond that.

>>53431997
Aren't there also lots of Beastmen?
>>
>>53431861

Lizardmen have a large temple there, Elves have fortresses and colonies on the islands around the coast, the main human presence is an African inspired tribal society.

The smaller factions are Cathayan trading posts and Norscans have some presence. Orcs are obviously everywhere except Ulthuan.

There's lots of islands with weird names as well that implies magical creatures live on them.
>>
>>53432050

Who cares what's canon.

It's a setting, use it as long as you acknowledge that this is an exception.
>>
>>53432072
>what was Mourkain/Strigos supposed to be

Just a bronze age city-state.
>>
Were there any notable wars between dark elves and skaven?
>>
File: Mourkain_tomb_concept.jpg (151KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mourkain_tomb_concept.jpg
151KB, 1000x500px
>>53432072
Hard to say, since we barely even have any art of it. The gypsy relation isn't that solid - it can be assumed that tradition came out of their nomadic lifestyle rather than remnants of Mourkain.

Theories abound. One anon a while back said it might be like the Byzantine Empire. Another is that it could be based off of Assyria or Babylon. Art of the burial mounds looks vaguely Celtic in design, so it might be less like what it's geological position suggests and more 'what an ancient undead empire should look like.'
>>
File: var.jpg (555KB, 838x1172px) Image search: [Google]
var.jpg
555KB, 838x1172px
>>53432072

Actually if you look at really old Tilean lore, they USED to be united into a huge empire about which there is almost no information. They even had a Caesar equivalent that went to Albion to the fight the Gaul equivalents. They fought to a stalemate and Caesar left after demanding some giants from the Albions to wow his political opponents back in Roma. When he got back, he was immediately assassinated and the giants in the holds of his ships broke out and destroyed most of the city of Roma.

Interestingly, its around the same area that the Strigori vampires would later settle and found their ghoul kingdom, though its never stated where exactly where this is. A person could stretch a bit and say that the Strigos vagabonds in the empire are the living remnants of the lost Strigos kingdoms, who left after Roma fell, and whose decedents fell to the ghoul kings.

Though nothing in lore explicitly makes the connection, it would explain why the Strigany vagabonds are connected to the vampires of the same name, while still being living beings. They are connected to the old Roma civilization, which would also kind of make the jewish connection more prevalent too.
>>
File: Badlands_MorgheimMound.jpg (143KB, 1000x499px) Image search: [Google]
Badlands_MorgheimMound.jpg
143KB, 1000x499px
>>53432281
>>
>>53432283
Not a bad theory anon, but you're mistaken on a crucial point - Strygos/Mourkain was not a ghoul kingdom, but a kingdom of humans ruled over by vampires. Technically speaking it was a civilization founded by Kadon of the Lodringen tribe after he found the Crown of Nagash, and was taken over by Ushoran, who turned it into his vampire-ruled kingdom. There's no mention of ghouls being involved, and that would only really become central to the Strigoi vampires after their fall from grace.
>>
File: gsword.jpg (28KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
gsword.jpg
28KB, 461x346px
>>53432394

You're quite right of course, the theory is quite a stretch and there is much evidence towards the two civs being separate, even through the ages.

I would not discount it though. I would merely say that the humans in the Strigos kingdoms were ethnically descendants of this ancient Roma civilization.

Actually, I just thought about it. If the Strigos people are not descendants of Roma, but solely belonging to the tribe of Lodringen, that would mean GW made the Jewish equivalent 'old kingdom' descended from blood sucking vampires. Very subtle Geedubs...
>>
I always find it amusing how for a British company, the NotEngland of Warhammer Fantasy is basically a non-entity.
>>
File: 1419770298495.jpg (114KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
1419770298495.jpg
114KB, 1365x768px
>>53432743

Pretty sure they made the high elves the NotEngland of WHF. Albions were the Scottish.
>>
>>53432743

It's called not being arrogant.

Anyway, Elves and Dwarfs are two halves of Britain.
>>
>>53432783
(((Games Workshop))) sure are known for their humility and modesty.
>>
File: 20170525_185539.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_185539.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Picked up a deaths world green or something, dryad bark for the woody bits and leadbelcher for the sword and arrow tips. More or less finished, may do a highlight of kislev flesh after I finish the rest. Any tips before I start painting the rest?
>>
>>53432743
High Elves represent the 'Britannia rules the waves' side, the Bretonnians represent a mythical Arthurian side...also note how almost all the good guy factions tend to have elected leaders, even with strong traditions of noble families.
>>
>>53432807

Warhammer's inception had nothing to do with the Games Workshop that we know today.

It was born of Priestley and Ansell,

If you want to see something from GW look at AoS and nu-marines.
>>
>>53387339
>>53387411
>>53387462
>>53387547
>>53387613
>>53387686
>>53387797

Good read thanks for posting.
>>
File: 20170525_190524.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_190524.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>53432824
Rear view. I need better lighting to paint in
>>
>>53432824
>>53432943

Is that the first model you've ever painted?
It's pretty good if it is. I don't know if you have any of the shades but I would get some, they'll add a lot of depth to the skin and fur.
>>
>>53432993
There's an agrax earthshade on there (after flesh and fur basecoats, before flesh highlights) but maybe I didn't use enough. Sylvaneth bark dry brush on the fur. And yes first model painted.
>>
>>53432847
>all the good guy factions tend to have elected leaders
The Empire do, but that's true to history and it's not really democracy.
The High Elves have a similar system.

Who else? Kislev's hereditary, the Dwarfs are hereditary, the Wood Elves have divine avatars, Bretonnia I forget, but they're crowned by the Fay Enchantress and I'm pretty sure Louen's father was king before he was. Lizardmen are... lizardmen.
>>
>>53433046

Yeah I would stick a bit more on, or just use a fine brush to add some to the really recessed areas like under his pecs and his biceps.
>>
>>53433046
>>53433084

Also between his finger.
>>
So I pay 100 points for additional hand weps in a 50 man unit and only the front rank can use them?
>>
>>53433052
I thought Thorgrim Grudgebearer was chosen by a vote, since the last king didn't have a direct heir. I know the line of succession in Bretonnia has been broken several times - Bohemond Beastslayer is actually the direct descendent of Gilles le Breton, not Leoun. There have been a few times a king has been deposed, or another was more in favor of the Lady. There is lore about the 'Royarch' being either a descendant or being chosen by one of the Dukes, but I'm not sure if that's End Times lore or not.

But yeah, you're right on the rest, I was over-generalizing.
>>
>>53429891
>>53432029
It's not really that uncommon for authors to slip their own characters into the books they write.
After all if the artwork is commissioned specifically for page X to be used on a certain layout the briefing is pretty specific usually.

So a white haired female knight with pointed ears and face paint of all things is not something that happens by accident.
Looks like an snowflake OC selfinsert.
>>
File: 1467288740809.jpg (61KB, 584x539px) Image search: [Google]
1467288740809.jpg
61KB, 584x539px
>>53433308
Could've been interesting if it was generalized a little and fluffed out as an example character. Like maybe she dyed her hair to make her less recognizable (though white stands out a lot, doesn't make sense for that), and started using warpaint to help distract from and hide the fact that her face is more feminine in shape.

Instead she's just kind of there. Awkwardly so. And we'll never know what the creator thought was cool about her, or if any of it was worthwhile for mining as a resource for building a super special female (in disguise) knight, like I imagine some would want to do.
>>
>>53431997
Do you have the full version of the map this is from? I've got it in small resolutions, but nothing in this scale and the full shebang.
>>
File: 1492863928869.jpg (1MB, 4524x3093px) Image search: [Google]
1492863928869.jpg
1MB, 4524x3093px
>>53433741
This is the best I have.
>>
>>53433891
>Lumbria
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Riverside Town bigger.jpg (3MB, 2481x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Riverside Town bigger.jpg
3MB, 2481x1728px
What town or city in the Empire could this conceivably be? Preferably one sacked or destroyed during the Storm of Chaos; I want my players to have a place to rebuild and sort of make their own.
>>
What are the chances of Araby being a full fledged faction at some point in total war?
>>
>>53434314
Very low. Maybe modders can do it.
>>
>>53434268
>What town or city in the Empire could this conceivably be?
Random german word- stad/burg/dorf
You can create your own towns you know, and town so small would probably be not listed in important register, put on the map

>>53433891
Is there any good reasons why dark elves settled in cold north of America instead of choosing more pleasant parts, in south-north America?
inb4 lizards
but lizards live south of panama and there is still a lot land south of Naggaroth and north of not!Panama
>>
>>53434314
It's unlikely. They'll probably be replaced with more tomb kings.
>>
>>53434453
I mean, pretty much every town is mapped out and to some degree detailed. I was hoping my image might fit one.
>>
>Ostlanders apparently took a long time to accept using firearms because they had swords and spears. Why get new weapons when you have perfectly good old ones?
>Ostlanders in Mordheim use double-barreled rifles and pistols
So, they basically took a while to get used to guns, and then started using them with gusto?
>>
>>53434502
I meant to mention, they're detailed in books like Heirs of Sigmar, if not other places - and essentially the whole of the empire is properly mapped here:

www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow.html
>>
>>53434537
Sometimes the late adapters prove to be the best innovators. I remember reading somewhere the first gunsights came out of Japan in the Sengoku era. Unfortunately now that I'm googling it I can't find a source, so, take with a grain of salt.
>>
>>53434314
If they were even a minor faction with some unique units, I'd be happy.

Seeing as Kislev didn't get anything unique at all, I wouldn't be surprised if they just had another faction standing in. Maybe Bretonnians with a focus on Yeomen rather than knights - it'd probably only take a little work to make Men-at-Arms tunics look like desert robes and to darken the skin to make them look a little more Arabyan. Then again, they could have put those goblin hats on not!Empire Kislev troops, so consider even that modicum of effort unlikely.
>>
>>53435118
The lack of unique models for Estalia, Tilea, the Border Princes and Kislev is really disappointing.
>>
>>53431861

Tome Kangz!
Skaven
Dwarves
Lizardmen
Savage orcs and jungle goblins
Humans (Araby)
Niggers (Beastmen)
>>
File: 1421981546455.jpg (163KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1421981546455.jpg
163KB, 640x640px
>>53431979
>>
>>53435216
>>53435118
Well as someone who dosnt follow developer licenses and ect, havent GW been loosening their grasp on fantasy to let them roam freely with total war? Its one of their biggest games and (I dont speak facts here) one of the more popular titles, I can see them trying to implement them in the future, especially if GW is done raping the corpse.
>>
>>53435216
What's annoying is the lack of mod support for new models.

Even if there isn't an official release, it's a prime target for mods. Some people have done a commendable job so far but they're limited by the in-game material.
>>
>>53384672
How long does it tend to take to move to the next career in WHFRP 2nd Edition? Will people tend to gain all the possible skill, talent and characteristic advances available before doing so and end up sitting on a bunch of experience or gain the trappings needed and leave the career without making out the characteristic advances (since talent and skill ones might not be available in the next career).
>>
>>53436160
>What's annoying is the lack of mod support for new models
Apparently that's a condition of GW to 'protect the license'.
>>53435216
I don't mind Border Princes, but Kislev should have had a few. I'd kill for a 'Realm of the Ice Queen' DLC, even if its just the Tzarina with a few unique units.
>>
>>53436574
That entirely depends on the DM, with how lenient he is, where the story takes the party (cities are great places to find trappings in), and how much XP he is handing out.

I never had much of a problem with it in 5+ years of playing. If you've filled out your career and you're waiting to get the trappings for a new one, maybe you should head into a different career that fits the current life your character is living. If not, you can always spend XP picking up extra skills, or doing things like studying books and learning something new.

Do you have any specific examples in mind?
>>
File: k66879789789.jpg (37KB, 187x186px) Image search: [Google]
k66879789789.jpg
37KB, 187x186px
Reminder that the Colleges of Magic teach a false, elven tradition! Elementalism is the TRUE magic of humanity and the true explanation behind magical phenomenon.
>>
File: 500px-Kislevite_Army.png (330KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Kislevite_Army.png
330KB, 500x298px
>>53435216
Estalia, Tilea and the Border Princes were at least understandable - from what is known of their lore, their units were at least roughly on an Imperial model. It would have been great to give Tilea a bunch of Regiments of Reknown, and refluff all the generic units as bands of mercenaries. It would've been more lore-friendly if the Border Princes were a series of scattered principalities, even if they folded quickly. But I can understand that they would have to cut corners in spots, especially for factions not intended to be playable - they're trying to encompass as much of the known Warhammer world as possible, after all. Some parts aren't going to get the uniqueness they deserve, especially if they're less touched on in the lore, and the Imperial model at least makes a little sense for Estalia, Tilea and the Border Princes - they're not too dissimilar.

Kislev is the biggest disappointment to me though, since they had a fluffed out army, they had well known leaders, they have a prominent place for Empire players (protecting the northern border) and Chaos players (something to steamroll through), but they were generic Imperials. And there's no placeholder units or any other indication they'll be more fluffed out.
>>
What can you gentlemen tell me about Holtdorf? I presume it is part of this county of Ahlenhof-Hohne, but it has no entry in Sigmar's Heirs, and I cannot find it on the Lexicanum, nor any other wiki.
>>
went to my first GW store, told the guy I was building a fantasy army and he was like "oh it's not getting rule updates so no one plays"

lol. as if rule updates are what keep games alive
>>
>>53437178
Never heard of it. Can you tell me what province it's in? There's a good few detailed maps of some provinces, maybe it will show up on one.
>>
>>53437319
Apologies, I forgot my picture, and now I'm laying in bed. Holtdorf can be found along the river Talb, northeast of Bad Honne. Use the map in this post >>53434612
>>
>>53437319
Sorry, to clarify, it's in southern Middenland. Northwest of Ahlenhof as well.
>>
>>53400802
Maybe they're meant to be bronzed skulls?
>>
File: 1488290283898.jpg (42KB, 256x259px) Image search: [Google]
1488290283898.jpg
42KB, 256x259px
>mfw it would've been epic for the gods of law to step in and save the world from the shit times
>mfw shit times would've been shit but at least less shit
>mfw this didn't happen because fuck gw
>mfw belacucks defend this
>>
>>53437819
> daemon armies of the Chaos Gods of Law never ever
>>
>>53437836
What would CGoL daemons be like?

D&D Devils sans the evil?

Whereas the Chaos daemons cause insanity and corruption the Law daemons would cause clarity and purification?
>>
>>53437819
If you want Gods of Law vs Chaos Gods play AoS.
>>
>>53437819
It may be a stupid question, but I have to ask: what is the point of Be'lakor?

Why couldn't he just be a rival for the greatest favor of the Chaos gods, attempting to prove himself by attacking parts of the globe that Archaon doesn't/can't focus on - Naggaroth, Lustria, etc.
>>
>>53437914
Because in GW's mind Chaos needed another Mary Sue.
>>
anybody got a crack for armybuilder

not trying to pay $40 to print my lists and battlescribe isn't as good. or is there another alternative other than excel?
>>
>>53437836
Would have been a half-decent way to bring Sigmarines in without blowing up the setting, as daemons of Order.
>>
Is it possible for Dark Elves to raid upriver? Say, into Gisoreux, which has both the river Sannez and Grismerie forming its borders or inside of it?

Asking because Gisoreux is what I'm hoping to base the background of a small Bretonnian army around, and I've also got some spare Dark Elf parts - could be interesting to have a few Dark Elf shields as trophies.
>>
File: david-eugene-eldrazi.jpg (732KB, 1920x2263px) Image search: [Google]
david-eugene-eldrazi.jpg
732KB, 1920x2263px
>>53437859
I imagine they might look a bit like the Eldrazi and follow a line of thinking like "Cleanse it all. Silence suppresses chaos.". Just as Chaos daemons are the epitome of wild emotion (rage, mortality, change, desire), order would be antithesis (clarity, rejection of change, stillness, silence.). It would not be GOOD for any mortals I think, based on the settings varying degrees of 'morally good guys'.

Chaos seeks to free itself from the cycle, Law seeks to bind all to it, kicking and screaming.
>>
Who is the most perverted female in the warhammer fantasy universe?
>>
File: Morathi_por_Ralph_Horsley.jpg (40KB, 398x392px) Image search: [Google]
Morathi_por_Ralph_Horsley.jpg
40KB, 398x392px
>>53438676
Best queen.
>>
So my party will soon be heading to bretonnia to assist the uncle of the Knight Errant in the party from skaven. However there is a wood elf wizard in the party, so my question is how would the Bretons treat the wood elf. I was thinking of them initially mistaking her for a envoy from Ulthuan, but when they find out that the elf is from athal loren how would they react? with hostility and suspicion? or would they be welcoming? They are heading to Bordeleux.

>tldr party heading to bretonnia to fight skaven, how would the locals react to a wood elf?
>>
>>53432225
>two exceptionally sneaky-sneaky races
>notable
no

there probably were, but nothing mortals will ever learn of
>>
>>53434453
hm, would a Burgdorfstadt be a valid Imperial town name?
>>
>>53437819
>Gods of Law come!
>Gods of Law are still based on Moorcock's Gods of Law
>world still gets fucked up because Gods of Law never ever do anything remotely useful, just take credit

meh, I'd rather mortals kicked massive ass and save the world themselves
>>
>>53437859
since it's Warhammer, I doubt Gods/Daemons of Law would be very "good".

They'd bring sanity and clarity, but the sort that either leaves the man "knurd" and screaming, or turn them into emotionless sociopaths.

also, it's a rather common theme in fantasy that life comes from Chaos. Law bringing such perfect stillness that not just daemons, but also living and even undead die or turn to statues or something.
>>
>>53438218
>>53439212
The Gods of Law are weird.

On one hand they're the rivals of the Gods of Chaos and probably the only people who could permanently destroy them forever vice versa, they hate Chaos and fight it.

Yet in the book about them their idea of a perfect world isn't much better since the epitome of order is a reality that never changes grows or shifts, basically the world dies but is on life support and a monotonous existence is the only future

They embody order and stability but also lack of change and inaction and stasis

Yet they fight a neverending war with Chaos even though by their own definition fighting is disorderly and therefore goes against their entire MO, so they either take all the credit and do nothing or do something but only do it in the background because intervening directly is disorderly. It's not what I'd call morally good even if it's a lot less evil and more benevolent than Chaos just wanting to enslave and feed off of everything. Lawful Neutral to the most extreme extreme.

Maybe I'm thinking too deep or maybe Moorcock didn't know what the fuck he was on about.

>>53438163
Age of Shit still wouldn't have interested me at all, but having Law Daemons instead of Cheap 40k Crossover would've been preferred a lot more.
>>
>>53439233
>Law bringing such perfect stillness that not just daemons, but also living and even undead die or turn to statues or something.

That's the idea behind their victory as one of the possible outcomes of old/original/true/good/not shit lore. The other gods were really wary about working with them, if they even showed up. They were very powerful and not malevolent, but their idea of a perfect world was one that many would've called a nightmare, since everything is pretty much clinically dead and never ever changes, just vaguely sustained and kept in limbo, since that'd be the 'true' absolute state of order.

In morals and goals they were way better than their Ruiny cousins, but a total victory of Law wouldn't be that great at all.
>>
Talking of Order vs Chaos, I really liked how it turned out in Chronicles of Amber.

>Amber (order) is a nice realm, but in costant fuck up, because there's no clear hierarchy, no lines of succession, everyone changes their mind all the time, etc.
>Courts of Chaos have clear lines of succession and hierarchy, and even though things are normally inherited by use of backstabbing, it's still pretty orderly and comparatively bloodless, when compared to constant civil wars that shake Amber

not really applicable to WHFB, but still
>>
>>53438218
>>53439233
At best imagine everyone becoming tranquils, from DA Origins, at worst imagine everyone getting a mass lobotomy.
>>
>>53439269
>>53439291
well, in Moorcock's works that was sorta balanced by the fact that Order could never win, because Great Balance (nor could Chaos, in fact), but Gods of Order knew and accepted that. It was utopia they strove for but knew they'd never reach it. The whole reason Chaos always got it arse kicked was because it could never accept that it can't win and so constantly went "all in", upset balance and got screwed.
>>
>>53439292
>>53439323
That's the general way I look at it too, and I think it's a fitting outlook for Warhammer. Reality's one big struggle between Order and Chaos, and at the end of the day either side achieving a total victory will fuck everything over, including the victorious side, and so it just won't happen, at least not yet, because even all the might of Order and all the corruptive power of Chaos can't outweigh the idea of reality having one big impartial Balance.
>>
>>53438706
What do you mean by this?
She is a lovely mum ...name just one lewd thing she does?
>>
>>53434612
>Heirs of Sigmar
Nope and nope. Don't take it too seriously. If you add all pops from Sigmar's Heirs then you get like 100-2000k pop in Empire, half in free cities, so list in it is definitely not complete list of settlements in the Empire.

Gitzman's map is nice but is not an official thing as far as I remember. You may use it or not, and thera are still blank spots where you can put your town.
Most cities on it are never mentioned in books, so the can look as you like, using your town map included, just make sure that river is roughly in right place.

In the end you are GM and you craft the world based on books.
If some autist throws fit that some random town X was not in book Y, then throw him out on grounds of severe and dangerous autism.
>>
>>53427887

Honestly look at what GW is doing with 8th Edition 40k and that would be the sort of direction Fantasy would need to be taken in.

To me the biggest problem with Fantasy outside the number of models needed is that the rules have a lot of simulation shit that in all likelihood just slows gameplay down and could be stripped out. The way units are handled feel like it could be done a lot better than how the distinction between cavalry, monstrous cavalry, and ridden monsters is handled. There are rules like Frenzy, Fear, and, Terror which hurt to look at.

Fantasy basically seems to have the same problems 40k did were GW created a system at least thirty years ago and never thought afterwards that perhaps they could do better, they just stripped parts out or tacking new ones on while leaving the chassis the same.

Unfortunately any kind of change would likely be met with heavy resistance because I can imagine a lot of Fantasy players love the idea of Fantasy being complex, not for the sake of gameplay, but simply for being complex. It being a plus that you have to constantly look in a rulebook to remember what X does or how Y functions.

>>53429322

I seriously don't think you can compare LotR SBG or even whatever the current edition of 40k was at the time to 8th Edition simply because the latter requires so much more preparation and money.

And no, you couldn't just bring back skirmish and pretend it'll fix everything unless it is actually relatively easy to upgrade an army from skirmish to the main game.
>>
File: The_Hag_Queen-MagaliVilleneuve.jpg (43KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
The_Hag_Queen-MagaliVilleneuve.jpg
43KB, 591x591px
>>53439388
Let's say she knows her pegasus well.
https://pastebin.com/Paw0LtHN
>>
Hello /tg/
It's been YEARS since I last had a game of Warhammer fantasy with my then-new tomb kings, I remember the 8th edition dwarf book had just gotten out.
I decided to try and get back into the hobby and was kind of surprised to see this new thing Age of Sigmar to be out.
Is it an expansion for warhammer? Is it the 9th edition? any new army book that came out?
Why are models on round bases?
What happened to all the names?
please help me understand and get back into my favourite mass rank-and-files fantasy game
>>
>>53431269

Setting the woods on fire is the thing most likely to cause a swarm of angry treeking, dryads and treeman to fuck your shit up.

Remember, most of athel loren is asleep all the time. Setting fire to it will probably wake it up
>>
>>53432911

Well, someone must prove that we're still playing the game instead of bitching all the time about it
>>
>>53429891
You know when adventurers use to wear whatever equipment they find that is better than what they have?
This is one such case
>>
>>53431269
Thats exactly what the dwarfs did one winter, wrecking the ever living shit out of the WE
>>
>>53435216

Have a look at Warlord games, they sell Citadel-esque models for all of those, winger hussars, morion wearing Spanish etc.
>>
File: 8.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
227KB, 635x661px
When did you all realise that Fantasy is the greatest wargame ever conceived?
>>
>>53441577
I never did. I just enjoy the setting.
>>
>>53441600

What game do you play? Or are you the RPG crowd?
>>
>>53441695
I play FB
i just don't think it's greatest
i don't know which one is greatest, FB just doesn't feel like greatest. but I play it 'cos of setting.
>>
>>53441577
During 6th edition.
Then it went to shit.
>>
>>53441695
>What game do you play? Or are you the RPG crowd?
WHFRP>>>huts made of shit>>>WHFB>>>game we do not talk about in this general
>>
When's 9th edition? No reason AoSkubmar and fantasy can't both exist since skubmar is much more like 40k than fantasy.
>>
File: DAGeYUMVwAAM3K-.jpg (210KB, 848x1199px) Image search: [Google]
DAGeYUMVwAAM3K-.jpg
210KB, 848x1199px
>>53442339
Total War Warhammer is 9th edition is my opinion.

Also, Kroq-Gar picture.

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/868089349459419136
>>
>>53442658

new

>>53442646
total war is great but it has its own host of problems like sieges being awful, magic being pretty underwhelming in general, and bad AI

maybe GW will see the 1.5 million people that own TWW on steam and give fantasy another shot, r-right?
>>
>>53439135
Depends on the lord, really. Could be more favorable towards wood elves, could be less. Bordelaux doesn't have mich interaction with Athel Loren, so it might be fair for peasants to be afraid of the Fey, and the Lord to remember how they helped defeat the Skaven back during the Red Pox outbreak.
>>
>>53442685
Maybe some day but I feel if Warhammer Fantasy was brought back, it would need an update.

Total War magic is underwhelming to stop it being op. Larger unit counts could be a reason too. Agree with siege battles, the map maker is useful for making amazing siege maps (needs some more like siege towers being able to go on any wall, official maps would be useful too) and AI is usually always crap in Total War games.
>>
>>53442068
The 7th edition fixed the 6th edition's core rules.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.