[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 44

File: 1pjio4.jpg (67KB, 568x335px) Image search: [Google]
1pjio4.jpg
67KB, 568x335px
Make Brayherds Great Again edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >>53340750
>>
File: 3 Cav B 2.jpg (289KB, 1123x442px) Image search: [Google]
3 Cav B 2.jpg
289KB, 1123x442px
is there a pdf or .zip of all published battleplans, or whatever the missions are called? my friends and i want to play 4p ffa but we cant find a mission that doesnt favour turtling shooty armies
>>
I'm looking into starting age of shigmar and I was wondering how important magic is since I still have nightmares about tzeentchian daemon summoning in 40k?
>>
How many dice do I need if I use blightkings?
>>
File: AOS Stormcast Lord Aquilor.jpg (68KB, 736x746px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Stormcast Lord Aquilor.jpg
68KB, 736x746px
>>53383168

Having 1 "Wizard" keyword model in your own army to cast Mystic Shield / Arcane Bolt and unbind the occasional spell can be nice, but some armies simply don't have Wizard support. A lot of the ones that don't either have other means to unbind (abilities or models that can unbind without being a Wizard), or they have "Priest" keywords who can pray for a variety of effects and don't have to fool with magic or unbinding, they just need to make the pray roll for their ability.

The benefit of Prayers is that they can't be unbound. The benefit of Magic (in general) is that Wizards, especially the strong ones, typically can share spells - so you might bring a Wiz who has a particular spell so a different Wizard (who's better) can cast it. A lot of the Death casters are good examples - Arkhan the Black / Nagash, etc...all models that have big bonuses to casting and multiple casts themselves.

Summoning in Matched Play (ie: where points matter) means you already have to pay points for the models and keep them in reserve. So no, not even Nagash can summon infinite Zombie waves, although some models can convert casualties or have other abilities kind of like recursion.

As for how Summoning is useful despite having to pay points for the models - consider that the summoning Wizard can set them up anywhere within 18 inches of the Wizard (although 9 inches away from enemy models). This lets you deploy models on the fly where they need to go. Having trouble with an objective you can't get to? Drop some Zombies on it. Opponent counter-deployed your tarpit? Drop some Bloodletters nearby. There are multiple possibilities. It also lets important models stay safe until its time for them to come out, although it's sometimes hard to get them into the fight in the turn they're summoned since they are 9 inches away.
>>
I want to start playing this game. All my friends play. No skirmish comes out. Everyone is hyped. No army appeals to me, except the rumored cthulu elves. FMl.
>>
I just sold my 1k sylvaneth army. I had literally no time to play due to being a lazy ass to go to the FLGS and also I don't have a proper carrying bag nor the fucking wyldwood trees so I said fuck it and sold it all. AMA
>>
>>53384682

I'm trying to sell 2 Warmachine / Hordes armies and holy shit I'm looking at like 35-50% of retail on Ebay, FFS. I haven't played in like 2-3 years but holy shit those games must be dying. Shit is going for fire sale prices.

That said, how much did you get for your stuff?
>>
>>53383168
theres a chaos wizard and his spell gives a nearby unit 18" movement and flying, so when i play team games he's always in high demand, when you get a unit of flying mournfang cavalry up your ass turn one you're gonna feel it
>>
>>53384682
sold it around %85-90 of the GW price. but my currency lost a bit value since I bought so I probably sold it for the same price I bought the whole thing in the first place. my paintjob is nice though.
>>
>>53384719
>>53384748
>>
So, no whfb general threads anymore? Jesus Christ, good goyim.
>>
>>53382987

Are Seraphon fun to play? I've always wanted a Lizardmen army, and their Start Collecting box seems really good.

They seem a bit behind the other factions in terms of new sculpts. I swear, some of these models are 10 years old at least. Is there any reason to think they'll get new stuff anytime soon?
>>
>>53385160
It's dead. No one cares anymore and /tg/ couldn't be happier.
>>
>>53385215
my friend loves dropping his camo skinks behind me lines top of turn 2 and 1shotting my GUO.
on that note

How can i stop my friend using camo skinks to assassinate my heroes? playing demons of nurgle, chaos allegiance
>>
>>53385160

You can make one if you want to? What where you expecting?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170523-022756.jpg (392KB, 1075x591px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170523-022756.jpg
392KB, 1075x591px
>>53385215
No idea on new stuff, but definitely fun to play. The first time you use solar beam on chaos is a pantry dropper.
>>
>>53385279
lol

Don't play chaos is about the only solution I have for ya. Seraphon are literally made to fight chaos
>>
>>53385309
How would you even lift a pantry to drop it
>>
>>53385327

Trolls.
>>
>>53385327

Have you never had Trolls in your pantry?
>>
>>53385342
My pantry is walk in
>>
>>53385327
Exactly. That's how hard 2d6 shots, at 20", with 3 wound per hit, hits. No one expects to suddenly be flattened by a goddamned fully stocked pantry, and if you do suffer such a random casualty it isn't likely you'll survive.
>>
>>53385319
whats a good, balanced 1k points nurgley list?
are there any units i should absolutely take?
my current list is basically
a GUO and a wizard or herald of nurgle
2-4 squads of plaguebearers
squad of plague drones, beasts of nurgle, or nurglings
occasionally something like Sayl the faithless or some blightkings
>>
>>53385389
I couldn't tell ya mate. I'm only just getting back in to AoS. When are first dropped, I played lizards and I lived for the days I played against chaos lol. The damage is mad.
>>
I'm super hyped for AoS skirmish, can't wait to try it. I'm gonna make a skaven warband, what will you guys play?
>>
>>53385663
Either KO or vanguard see. Depends on whether or not the lord aquilor is in the book to use as a hero. If not, I have the knight Venator as backup.
>>
>>53385663
i had a skaven warband on the hinterlands fan-supplement, until the 2.1 update limited mortal wounds to 3 per turn.
good units for you are warlock-engineers and acyoltes
>>
>>53385663
Probably a Nurgle warband
>>
what are some chaos-allegiance units that get bonuses against order?
>>
Has (or can) someone uploaded the novels Nagash Undying King and the shadows over hammerhal book?
>>
>>53384682
I'd love to play Sylvaneth, they look amazing, but their reliance on big-ass terrain that you can generate X pieces of, and that is pretty much no-go zone for enemies kills any chance of it. It's frustrating.
>>
Are those khorne guys a fun army to play? What is a fun army to play in this?
>>
following on from
>>53385309
>>53385389
and
>>53386186
our circle is discussing order units that get a bonus against chaos. is there any element of imbalance here, if you know you're going to be playing against a chaos army every week?
in particular skinks and bastilodons
>>
File: 12.jpg (418KB, 1825x969px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
418KB, 1825x969px
one more thing to check off the rumor checklist
>>
Is the sylv anon painting the birchwood / red leaf theme around here ? I have a few question for him
>>
>>53387226
Wrong thread?
>>
>>53387227
Ask away
>>
>>53387256
Hey there, Do you have a guide or something relevant to get this vibrant scheme ? I'm mostly interested about the white wood effect but i wouldn't mind if you have something complete
>>
>>53387328
White wood was done with a Rakarth flesh basecoat then an Agrax earthshade wash, after that I used P3 Menoth White Highlight (about 2-3 thin layers usually), leave the recesses dark for contrast. Final highlights of a mix of Menoth White and White Scar.
Hope this helps
>>
>>53387401
thanks mate :) helps a lot !
>>
>>53387237
Not really, people like to tick these things off even if they are 40k, helps narrow the rest of them out
>>
A friend of mine bought me a box of varanguard knights as a b-day gift, but im new to AoS, (been collecting 40k for a while) and now i want to get to building an army, could i field them with blades of khorne army? or what would be your suggestion?
>>
>>53383487
All of them
>>
File: New Rule.png (17KB, 754x339px) Image search: [Google]
New Rule.png
17KB, 754x339px
>>
>>53388283
You can run them together as a Chaos list, but because Varanguard doesn't have the Khorne keyword you can't run the list as a Khorne army
>>
>>53388466

As a moonclan player, get hype because my leaders hide behind units.
>>
>>53388521
Man, I hope they change that if they ever update the varanguard's warscroll. It's a pity these models cannot be given marks naturally.
>>
About to build my first miniatures. Is there anything special I should know? I've built model planes and tanks before but never anything this small.
>>
>>53388521
ah, cool, so i can mix in from other armies, like Tzeentch. Should i also get the new archaon model from everchosen? I hate the overdesign, and it looks like most of it would snap off just by looking at it. My roommate has an OOP archaon, without the mount, is it still possible to use that instead?
>>
Okay news from War-of-Sigmar. While it's not an official source, I think it may be an interesting rumour:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2029

>Bob:i think Fp are going to stay and prosper in one form or another. especially with the dev of pen & paper rpg in aos setting ^^
Tomas Höll: Along with the new Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay edition?
Bob: yes.
Another comment.
Bob: will see what they announce at Warhammer fest

Interesting to say the least.
>>
>>53388823
war of sigmar is usually correct

i cant think of a time theyve been wrong
>>
>>53388751
Think before assembling your minis. For example, if an arm is too close to the body you might have a really difficult time painting its chest. Consider painting them separately.
>>
>>53383168
Magic in Sigmar is irrelevant unless its, bring this one wizard to this one specific spell combo.

Tzeentch is the only army that can field effective magic capable of wiping out whole units.
>>
>>53389482
>Magic in Sigmar is irrelevant unless its, bring this one wizard to this one specific spell combo.
Well thats just wrong

Mystic Shield is clutch for many armies

>Tzeentch is the only army that can field effective magic capable of wiping out whole units.
Vanhel's Dance will do far more damage indirectly than any single spell Tzeentch can cast
>>
File: cens.png (708KB, 509x642px) Image search: [Google]
cens.png
708KB, 509x642px
>>53388466
>Good luck i'm behind 100 Plague Monks
>>
>>53388466
I wouldn't mind, makes infiltrating, summoning, and skirmishers more valuable to army comp. The only problem is some dudes like Ironjawz literally can't deal with characters.
>>
>>53387237
Isn't that 40k g... oh my bad, should stop looking at the pics only.
>>
>>53389593
New orc battletome that combines bonesplitterz, greenskins, and ironjawz WHEN
>>
>>53389515
Vanhels is one specific spell combo like I said. Read between the lines mong, tzeentch has a lot of effective combat magic, no one else does.
>>
>>53389618
Vanhels isnt a combo, its one spell that buffs one unit

A combo would be adding in Righteous Smiting and +hit buffs to a unit with Vanhels.

>Read between the lines mong
Suck my dick faggot. If you want people to understand what you intend then write what you intend
>>
>>53383072
Armed with swords, daggers, sabres, cutlasses, falchions and scimitars the new "Thesaurus Warriors" make a fine addition to the Lizardmen army list.
>>
>>53389614
>greenskins
squatted factions don't get new tomes anon.
>>
>>53389647
You're were trying to one up me like an autist, don't pretend like the difference between tzeentch magic nuking and Van hels isn't obvious. Hurrrr actwually van hels is teknicaly more effective!!
>>
>>53389614
>greenskins

You have a better chance of a Clan Moulder / Eshin / Disposessed / Wanderer battletome existing

That is to say, next to nothing.
>>
MOONCLAN TOME WHEN
>>
File: AOS Celestant Prime2.jpg (325KB, 950x700px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Celestant Prime2.jpg
325KB, 950x700px
>>53385663
>what will you guys play?

ONLY NEED ONE MODEL BRO
>>
>>53388466
Flanking Lord Aquilor would be practically immortal and could just teleport himself to the other side of the board with his command ability if you're going to get into melee next turn, lol

Of course there's the problem of him not being on the board when the game ends sooooo~
>>
>>53385663
I saw I can bring an Herald on Seeker Chariot.

An Herald.
On Seeker Chariot.
In a Skirmish game.

So cool.

That and a bunch of Seekers.
>>
>>53385663
I have two Dwarf warbands I intend on making.

The first being a Kharadron Overlord away team lead by a Khemist. They will be mostly Arkanauts with some Thunderer and later Skywarden backup.

Then a Dispossessed scouting team. Not sure what exactly is going in there yet, but it will most likely be lead by an Unforged, have a Gyrobomber and the core of the warband made of Quarrellers to represent rangers
>>
>>53385663
If Bretonnia are allowed - Bretonnia with my Bretcast as Paladin.

If not, my Skaven.
>>
>>53390059
Best get painting some rats, since Bretonnia isn't supported.
>>
>>53385663
Is Pestilens/Moulder in it?

I guess i need to see the points first. probably warband based on a traveling salesman packmaster and his gang of mutants
>>
>>53385279
bubble wrap your backfield with nurglings. Pretty sure he cant deploy within 9" and the range on those skinks cant be that long. A few units of nurglings in your back field should go a long ways towards fixing your problem.
>>
>>53388466
this is one of the rules teased by GW for 40k 8th anyone who thinks this is not going to be part of AOS 2.0 is delusional.
>>
File: DAewSj3XkAEgFXb.jpg large.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DAewSj3XkAEgFXb.jpg large.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
SERAPHON
>>
>>53391281
looks good
>>
>>53385663
Can Beastclaw play? someone said only Mournfangs are in, but GW said nothing bigger than a Megaboss is playable

It would make more sense for Hunters, Sabertooth, and Yhettees to be the skirmish troops, given Hunters can communicate with both
>>
>>53391729
Mournfangs only, you can have a maximum of two and they're 16R each.
So you'll have to include other destruction stuff to pad your roster out
>>
>>53392690
Wow, that's lame and lazy as fuck. might as well have not even bothered. a Mournfang will look terrible in small skirmish warband style game too.

Skaven/Freeguild it is then.
>>
>>53392765
what did you expect? to be able to take a frostlord on thundertusk? lmfao no absolutely not.
>>
>>53392765
No non-plastic models because fuck you, why would you want to let people play with the models they want to play with.
>>
>>53388466
Suddenly my Nurgle Herald went from "tough motherfucker who is constantly making my dudes survive" to "untouchable motherfucker who is constantly making my dudes survive".
>>
>>53391281
i hate all that instagram shit but it always makes me laugh
>>
>>53382987

I mostly see people online playing specific factions, such as Skaven or Stormcast, but isn't it possible to field multiple races within the same Grand Alliance?

Is that kind of thing frowned upon? It seems like it would be pretty cool.
>>
>>53393449
There's a lack of synergy when going multiple races in an army.
>>
>>53393449
It's mostly to do with synergy, a lot of it is pretty faction specific and secondly it's because of newer battletomes giving buffs for taking everything from one specific faction
>>
File: 1495559123669.jpg (172KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495559123669.jpg
172KB, 1000x1000px
who thinks these get rules for AOS?
>>
>>53385663
Seeing as kitty and huneter are out
Uhhh...
Gryph-hounds and some beast master guy?
Or pirates?
>>
File: 20170523_202010_LLS.jpg (329KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170523_202010_LLS.jpg
329KB, 3264x1836px
>>53385663
Skavens, I have two Spire of Dawn boxes but I will probably sell them to buy Nurgle Daemons
>>53393604
>These modern weapons
Anon, I...
>>
>>53393604
I don't think so, the clothes on some of them really don't fit the AoS aesthetic even if they change out some of the weapons.
>>
>>53393604
>those guns
>cyborg arms
nope
>>
>>53393604
No one , what the fuck would mortal of nurgle do with a flame thrower and automatic weapon ?
>>
>>53393604
They don't look like demons, more like humanbound nurglings.
So they are most likely not going to get AOS rules.
>>
I just bought 2nd hand treekins with square bases. Couldn't find them from gw site so could you guys help me with choosing a round base for them? They are on 40mmx40mm square bases
>>
>>53393826
>>
>>53393794
points pl0z
>>
>>53393958
c'mon man. These ones at least look somehow fantasy. Also show me nurgle-related AoS model with stuff like this
>>
>>53393945
if they fit on a 40mil square base then they should probably fit on a 40mil round base although if you went up to 50 that'd be the same scale as hunters
>>
With the huge success of Sylvaneth last summer, do you guys think GW already works on an update?
I know we don't deserve it but more trees would be still nice... :3
>>
>>53393604
here you go

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-zombies-en.pdf
>>
>>53394034
I think it's fair to assume that Sylvaneth wont see anything for a long time
>>
>>53394004
There's barely any mortal nurgle kits so that's clearly not going to happen.
>>
>>53394034
I hope not, there are many other factions who need an update worse than Sylvaneth, if we get anything I wouldn't mind a couple of new battalions or something.
Also Spite revenants usable when?
>>
File: 3ThinCoats.jpg (45KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
3ThinCoats.jpg
45KB, 540x405px
People on here keep telling me that my Warriors of Chaos are dull but I never get any suggestions on how to make them less dull. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Or have I been cursed to receive nothing but vague feedback?
>>
>>53394194
shields and swords are huge flat parts of the model and they look like there isn't any detail there at all. too dull. edge highlight with a bright silver like ironbreaker or runefang steel
>>
>>53394194
brighter colour on the fur, make more of a contrast between the armour.
Cloaks.
>>
>>53394234
Alright, thank you for being specific.
>>
>>53394194
You're supposed to paint them as something between gay pride parade mascots and space station 13 clowns. GW guidelines, true story. If there isn't at least 12 different paints on every each model, they aren't tournament fit.
>>
>>53394008
Thanks! It's just hard to decide alone correct base since some people at my lgs are pretty strict about bases..
>>
>>53389820

This. Fucking this
>>
>>53393449
Its frowned upon when its done purely just to get the best stuff together. Mixing Skaven, Khorne, and Tzeentch for instance would be the strongest army possible but make no sense in lore.
>>
>>53394194
Do what the other anon said with the metal, and base them, basing can really bring out a paintjob.
>>
>>53394194
something as simple as a nice job basing them with a good color to contrast the model could go a long ways.
>>
>>53393604
They seem to actively avoid doing multi game kits with exception being pure demons. The 40k Tzaangors even have guns despite it looking ridiculous.
>>
>>53394243
>>53394756
>>53394757
Thanks, all the specific feedback and advice really helps. I'm fairly new to the hobby so it can be hard to figure out exactly what I should do.
>>
>>53394034
>GW already works on an update?
considering the lead time required to develop releases I wouldn't be surprised if GW has the next 10 years at the very least outlined and the next five years at some level of preproduction. Sylvaneth 2.0 is in there somewhere, but exactly where is anyone's guess.
>>
>>53394695
>Mixing Skaven, Khorne, and Tzeentch for instance would be the strongest army possible

Nope
>>
>>53385663
Stormcast
>>
>>53394989
That's what won scgt bro. Thundertusk Rukk is another mixed army. Only debatable best pures are Aetherstrike and Host Duplicitous.
>>
>>53395095
>scgt
You mean the tournament that used house rules and custom point values and was mostly filled with casual players?

No thanks
>>
>>53385663
Gonna do a pirate/bandit warband since witch hunters aren't an option
>>
>>53393244
yeah i don't get this rule. What does anyone gain from this?
>>
File: 1492361965702.png (1MB, 1334x503px) Image search: [Google]
1492361965702.png
1MB, 1334x503px
>>53393807
>>53393826
>implying anything from 40k is out of the question in AOS
>>
File: 01.jpg (130KB, 850x618px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
130KB, 850x618px
>>53395410
shadow Aelves need fighter plane now for killing dwarf blimps
>>
Any chance we have a release in AoS? Or is gonna be all 40k new edition this month?
>>
>>53394194
They look good as they are, I wouldn't change anything (except for the bases)
>>
>>53395567
Probably 100% 40k until august at the earliest
>>
File: 99120112014_ScourgesNEW_02.jpg (35KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120112014_ScourgesNEW_02.jpg
35KB, 600x620px
>>53395469
would explain why KO profits are the lowest in realm of shadow. Lore checks out. Fighter planes confirmed for Shadow Aelves.

these (pic) would be nice too.
>>
>>53393214
Of course not you moron, try reading my posts above. i hoped for the 3 units that actually fit a Skirmish game.
>>
>>53395884
or maybe cause it's shadows and they can't see?
>>
>>53395402
I'm sure there's some kind of nonsensical corporate groupthink explanation for it. People seemed to try asking that on the livestream but all they got was Rob regurgitating non-sequitur strings of buzzwords in response.

That dude is fucking awful, by the way, he talks in corporate newspeak 50% of the time, the other 50% of the time is dumb rambling nonsense.
>>
File: Chaos Maulerfiend.jpg (46KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Maulerfiend.jpg
46KB, 600x620px
>>53395410
>>53395469
>>53395884

>Tfw the Maulerfiend 100% works for AoS

Even the Heldrake to some extent

It's weird how the Soul grinder is less fitting but he made it in.
>>
>>53396035
rob who? wanna hear his response.
>>
>>53396057
>It's weird how the Soul grinder is less fitting but he made it in.
It's not really weird, the Soul Grinder was part of Chaos Daemons, which were supposed to be usable in both games. Forgefiends/Maulerfiends are part of chaos space marines.

Even though aesthetically the maulerfiend is more suited to AoS it's not part of an army that exists in AoS. Maybe someone should suggest the idea of porting it on the 40k facebook page or something.
>>
>>53396098
The one on the warhammer live streams who always repeats buzzwords over and over and doesn't understand simple questions.
>>
>>53393958
>https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-zombies-en.pdf
> Mortal of Nurgle
>>
>>53396222
>Death
>>
>>53394989
Strongest skirmish team tho
>>
>>53396241
Yeah misclicked the game workshop website part ~~
>>
>>53396057
I use it as a slaughterbrute.
>>
I want to start a budget 1000 points daemons army and I'm torn between Nurgle and Khorne. I know that Nurgle are newbie friendly and easy to run and two start collecting boxes are enough to build a nice casual list but I know nothing about Khorne Daemons. How are they? What is their game style? Is there any way to play them on budget?
>>
>>53396551
They are carried entirely by Bloodthirsters of various flavor and skull cannons. Otherwise they are just like daemons of nurgle except all-around worse.
>>
How good is a vampire lord on horseback?

I've been wanting to actully use some of my older models but I've heard horrible things about death lately.
>>
>>53397010
Oh, that's pretty underwhelming. Thanks for you opinion, maybe any other Anon will also throw in its two cents here
>>
>>53397364
Exactly as good as a normal vampire lord except he can move 10" and his horse (nightmare steed) can attack.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-vampire-lord-en.pdf
>>
>>53397456
You pretty much need a bloodsecrator or all of your stuff is below average, in fact more than one is pretty damn well advised.

Of course the big issue with that is that those are mortal units, and thus fuck up a full daemon theme.

Khorne units in general get pretty fucked because of how good the bloodsecrator is.
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (28KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
28KB, 400x513px
Soon
>>
Can anyone else confirm that the link to the generals handbook is broken?

Also I'm thinking of combining my KO with stormcast vanguard (and a Venator) for fun. Will it be worth giving up the battletome bonuses?
>>
>>53397796
It is broken and has been broken for some time.
>>
>>53397818
Fml. Someone make a new one and/or let's stop pasting it lol
>>
>>53396551
Point for point Bloodletters are one of the most powerful battleline units in the game. Big units of 30 or 40 with a bloodsecrator and other buffs will run units over with ease.

They are the go to battleline for even mixed chaos armies.
>>
>>53393604
>>53393794

40k tzaangors had the same sprues as AoS plug guns, why can't these guys have non high-tech options as well?
>>
File: ara1.jpg (293KB, 1600x699px) Image search: [Google]
ara1.jpg
293KB, 1600x699px
2.0 ARABY WHEN
>>
>>53393604
I would say that they will, but not immediately. Both Khorne and Tzeentch have gotten their own unique cultist/marauder type unit, and I can definitely see these guys becoming Nurgles. They'd just have to make separate sprues like they did with Tzaangors.
>>
File: LordofContagion1.jpg (124KB, 800x945px) Image search: [Google]
LordofContagion1.jpg
124KB, 800x945px
So looks like AOS ain't getting shit out of this nurgle release. Damn shame too. this guy looks awesomes
>>
>>53397796

see this >>53234414

whiney cry baby didn't want to share anymore
>>
>>53382987
Which race has the best female models? A girl I know wants to assemble an army to paint and occasionally play, but she wants some cool female models.
>>
>>53398451

Dark elfs witches are pretty nice

Sisters of the Thorn too
>>
File: idea.png (1MB, 1558x629px) Image search: [Google]
idea.png
1MB, 1558x629px
>>53398451
what he said >>53398511

also these (pic)

Aelves are your only option for that sort of thing

little known fact >>53393214 is also a female model because ogre women look identical to ogre males.
>>
>>53398549
>>53398511
Perfect, thanks guys. I will send her those.
>>
>>53397973
These guys are snap-fit. So initially they 100% won't have AoS versions. Later on if they come out with a box set then they probably will.
>>
>>53398356
>whiney cry baby didn't want to share anymore
vs
>entitled cry babies who want everything for free
>>
>>53395119
So that was just bait to complain about the format.
>>
>>53397629
>You pretty much need a bloodsecrator or all of your stuff is below average
Reavers, Blood Warriors, Khorgoraths, Skullreapers, Bloodletters, and Wrathmongers are all competitively stated even without a bloodsecretor. Khorne also has some of if not the best unit buffing battalions in the game.
>>
Gunna pick up one of the Khorne Skirmish starters at the weekend should I build 5 Wrathmongers or 5 Skull reapers?

Or should I buy 2 and build 5 of each?
>>
>>53398973
Not entitled, just poor and/or frugal. When I play seriously ill buy it. But I don't need it just for the sake of looking at the items.

Also why buy GH1 when GH2 is coming out soon(tm)?
>>
>>53394695
>Mixing Skaven, Khorne, and Tzeentch for instance would be the strongest army possible but make no sense in lore
It makes perfect sense in the lore.
>>
File: 1334587586295.jpg (33KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1334587586295.jpg
33KB, 300x309px
>In the middle of painting Alarielle and manage to break one of the wings partway off, trying to glue everything back together and it's just getting worse.
I hate her wings so much
>>
File: IMG_0967.jpg (126KB, 827x967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0967.jpg
126KB, 827x967px
>>53393604
>>53398308

I am disappoint. I had hoped Papa would get the same treatment Tzeentch did when he got updated for 40K.

>Give it to me straight, aosg. Is there now no hope for a Nurgle Battletome?
>>
Nurgle Mortals (and some demons maybe?) next release is pretty much a fact at this point... But probably there's so much 40k attention and hype for the new edition that GW hasve their hands full (I hope)
>>
>>53398356
>reading that reply chain
Jesus Christ, we joke about autism a lot here but I've never seen such a blatant and glaring example.
>>
>>53400558
The Tzeench release only shared tzaangors and demons kits between both games, there were still other kits unique to their games. This, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that Nurgle is getting Slaaneshed.
>>
>>53400783
You're not joking.
>>
>>53399202
Bloodletters with one attack a piece are competitively stated? What. With buffs sure, but just base bloodletters are not very killy.
>>
>>53382987
>tfw you start getting so desperate for new miniatures, you start stealing other factions units
>Tfw you have converted Skinks as Ghouls, and a Bastilidon as a Mortis Engine
>Tfw you use Wildwood Watchers as Great Weapon Grave Guard
>You use Stormcast with wings and a converted a Sister of Slaughter as your Vampire Lord
>tfw you use Skeletons on Coldones as Black/Blood knights
>tfw you plan on stealing a Kharadon Gunship for a Coven Throne, a Treelord for a Bone Giant conversion, some Free Guild for zombies and a variety of other ideas.

I m-mean, who needs new miniatures, am I right?

Seriously though, I wish there was a larger armored unit, so I could jack shit like Warriors, Liberators and Spite revenants.
>>
>>53401346
They're on-par with most battleline options. But then they get better when take into account they have -1 rend, can do mortal wounds, have bravery 10, and can potentially regain models. Are we playing the same game? Because that's pretty good in the one I play.
>>
>>53401574
>needing new shit
I haven't bought anything since AoS came out and I play Tomb Kings.
Spent 0 dollars, win 70-80% of my games.
Didn't even rebase.
>>
>>53401574

Well is good to know im not the only one feeling GW is giving us the cold shoulder
>>
>>53401589
A unit has to do something or its durability means nothing, yes the rend is nice, does it make up for one attack? Only with buffs.
>>
>>53391281
Do you have a boyfriend? Where do you live?
>>
>>53401917
First off
>A unit has to do something or its durability means nothing
This statement is completely wrong. Just look at Liberators. Nobody takes them to kill shit, they take them because they are tough.

>yes the rend is nice, does it make up for one attack? Only with buffs.
Dude they are just a battleline. They are good enough baseline. If you want them to be elite-tier then yeah they need buffs. The same with any other battleline you would want to build around. Longbeards would make a good comparison. Good by themselves, but become amazing when buffed up by runelords.
>>
>>53402209
>liberators
Yeah, tough, have a number of methods of recieving buffs, unit leader with improved weapon, and can be plopped down right were you need them. If they where only tough people wouldn't take them, they are tough and capable and flexible.

Note I am talking about the fact that the original post mentioned bloodletters can stand on their own, when their low number of attacks mean they just do not have the damage output
>unbuffed

Yes bloodletters can get crazy when buffed, that doesn't change that you NEED methods of pumping them up or its better to go with something more effective on its own.

And flat out, bloodletters are not durable, they have damage mitigation, but they are not durable.
>>
>>53401917
20 Bloodletters do as much damage as 5 retributors and more than 5 brutes. One attack is fine when over 50% of them connect.
>>
>>53402440
>Note I am talking about the fact that the original post mentioned bloodletters can stand on their own, when their low number of attacks mean they just do not have the damage output
Ok let's try it this way instead. What are you comparing them to, or pitting them against, that makes you say aren't good enough?
>>
Haven't checked up on aos for a couple months. Someone fill me in on what the hell is going on. Slaanesh (please gw)? Skaven? What's happening? New skeles?
>>
File: AOS Skeleton Horde.jpg (288KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Skeleton Horde.jpg
288KB, 900x1200px
>>53403320
>Going on
Sky Dwarves and gunships. Skirmish rules for small model count goodness.

>Slaanesh (please gw)?
>Skaven
No

>New skeles
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Well, there is the box which is arguably breddy gud if they had just included...30 more skeles.
>>
>>53403320
Slaanesh models and rules are still there. It'll be involved with the Aelves return. Skaven already have Clan Pestilens book. They're also all in Chaos Tome. Skeletons are being reboxed. That's it. It's 40k's time for the moment.
>>
Lads. How do I go about asking GW to make rules for a model? I was going through my old room and found the old Warhammer Online collectors edition with an unopened Grumlok and Gazbag model. It's such a great model. They never did rules for him, but seeing as how rules are basically free, why can't they make rules for him? Say that he got warped to the Mortal Realms and was like "Wat da zog?" and even though Orcs and Goblins were called different shit, they all fourt da same.

Especially since mounted models have just extra wounds. He could be pretty fun to make rules for, but I dunno how to ask them. Facebook? Email?
>>
>>53402659
You dont see an issue with the fact that most of those bloodletters cannot actually make it into melee? barring insane circumstance only really 10 or so bloodletters will get in.

>>53402778
Alright, crypt ghouls, orruk ardboys, literally any of the halberd 2" 2 3+/3+ -1 rend troops with 4+ saves that damn near every faction has.

Which isnt to say bloodletters cannot rip through them, when buffed. But don't try to tell me bloodletters are a good combat troop unbuffed because their focus is on doing damage, which base they CANNOT do a lot of.

Their model replacement is unreliable and their saves are middling, they have one wound a piece. Yes in empty math 20bloodletters actually attacking will fuck up most anything, but 1" range and larger bases means that good fucking luck getting all of them in.
>>
>>53398549
>>53398560
Hand Maiden has been removed. So have that Alarelle (if you look closely, you can see her big fat nipples and areoloa poking through.. great beauty my ass). I dunno about the Twins, I think they're gone. Only SoS, Sisters of the Thorn and the archers are still available.
>>
>>53403747
Oh shit I forgot I have that same thing! That was before I ever even started doing actual miniatures and stuff.
>>
>>53403755
>crypt ghouls
I'm not seeing how ghouls are better than bloodletters. If anything, they are on-par with each other. It's a classic case of them serving different purposes. Ghouls are better against lightly armored guys and bloodletters are better against heavier armored ones.
>ardboys
If we were to go model count, 10 ardboys would obviously be superior to 10 bloodletters. If we go wounds though, 10 ardboys would lose in damage to 20 bloodletters, though they would definitely be tougher. It's pretty balanced so I would not say that one is better than the other. I do have some problems with comparing these two though. First, the minimum cost for ardboys is 80 points more than the min for bloodletters. Second, they are an elite battleline option for an elite army, and cannot be battleline for anyone else.
>literally any of the halberd 2" 2 3+/3+ -1 rend troops with 4+ saves that damn near every faction has.
You are exaggerating. Give examples of units with that exact stat line. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>53403747
>>53403747
Just make the rules yourself. I am very cautious when it comes to homebrews, but I guess it could be fun to do it itt. Also generic Orks and generic Goblins can use a good leader model anyway, don't they?
Make some stuff up and we apply pointcost and critique. Just don't be mad about it, like the last faggot who got instantly assblasted when he was told his special snowflake was op.
>>
File: grumlok.jpg (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
grumlok.jpg
132KB, 500x500px
>>53404132
Okay I shall attempt this.

Move: 6"
Wounds: 10
Bravery: 8
Save: 4+

Choppy Choppa: Range: 2", Attacks 3, 3+, 3+, -1, D3
Git Gouger: 1", Attacks 6, 4+, 4+, 1
Whooshy Wand: 2", Attack 3, 5+, 5+, 1

Abilities
Togeffa Now!: If at least one attack from all weapons hit, they may make an additional attack each
Da Triksy Trinket: Grumlok and Gazbags Save becomes 3+ in close combat and can ignore close combat Mortal Wounds on 5+. Additionally, if they remain stationary, Gazbag gains a +2 to casting and dispelling rolls

Magic
Gazbag is a wizard. He can attempt to cast two spell in each fo your own hero phases, and attempt to unbind two spell in each enemy hero phase. Gazbag knows the Arcane Bolt, Mystric Shield and Gorkamorka's Great Foot spells.

Gorkamorka's Great Foot:
Gorkamorka's Great Foot has a casting value of 8. If successfully cast, select a visible unit within 18", inflict D6 mortal wounds on that unit. If the casting value is 10+, it inflicts 3D3 mortal wounds instead

Age of Reckoning was an alt reality WHFB, Grumlok got given a Dark Elf talisman which made him basically invincible. So I've tried to represent it's power without going OTT.
>>
>>53403747
Gazbag is the name of a grot pirate mentioned in Kharadron book, so his legacy lives on in name if not model.
>>
>>53404493
GW have regularly done that. Excuse was Orks aren't smart when it comes to names.

I still want them as a united model, they got nothing to lose. I should ask on their Facebook. It's such a good model desu.
>>
>>53404293
Looks fine, but normal ork waaaghbosses have move 5" and magic wands usually have some kind of rend and multliple wounds. And obviously one of the waaagh command abilities. Don't know about the points, maybe use boss+shaman and just try it?
>>
>>53404700
That's what I planned. But I liked the idea that Gazbag was just better than regular Goblin Shamans. I forgot Command Abilities.

Perhaps make the Wand have re-roll for 1's. Command Ability I dunno. +1A to all Oruuc and Grot units within 12" for that turn?
>>
Can you run semi-decent sylvans without spamming the forests? I could deal with one on the board, but 3-4 sounds absurd to me.
>>
>>53405486
well, 1 wyldwood is 3 pieces of terrain. DO you plan to buy GW one ?
>>
>>53405505
I mean, probably. It's less about money and more about how annoying it is to lug around ton of scenery, and how annoying they seem on the tabletop to enemy, essentially making no-go zones.
>>
File: RumourEngineApr12Content.jpg (146KB, 848x424px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineApr12Content.jpg
146KB, 848x424px
>>53400558
We have seen only the snapfit guys in the starter kit (which came out on the 17th, so it's unusually far away)

There is still plenty of Nurgle stuff to be had (mortarion, typhus, terminators and who knows what else), and some of that is possible it will get adapted.

We had yet to see pic related for example.

I think you nurglebros will get that tome.
>>
>>53404758
So what's that? Centipede?
>>
>>53405636
See >>53405563
>>
>>53405654
It's probably an animal companion of something bigger.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 243x208px
Is it possible to still play using the older everchosen archaon model instead of the new one? The new model is ridiculously overdesigned, and looks like it could snap in two just by looking at it. Pic related
>>
>>53405687
Shame. Could have been a cool Knight option for Nurgle. Cavalry that is.
>>
>>53405696
The old version does have points so yes you can use it.
>>
>>53405701
You have plenty of Nurgly goodness.

Problem is that a lot of it it's ForgeWorld.

I wish I had FW stuff to buy
>>
>>53405696
Sure.
The old models has its rules in the Compendium.
>>
>>53397364
>>53397565

Alright let me change the question, is a vampire lord any good on the table?

I want some vampires but their options seems quite underwhelming.
>>
>>53405777
That and the Dread Saurian are one of the best models they've done. But I was thinking more like 'basic' cavalry, rather than special characters.
>>
>want a forge world model just to see how they are
>Love the idea of a Carmine Dragon
>Model looks like shit
>Warpfire Dragon looks awesome
>LGS are faggots about FW, never mind proxying FW
I cry
>>
>>53405832
Most people say the base vampire lord is slightly overcosted for what he does, but I think hes fine. Vampire lord on zombie dragon with red fury is where its at though.
>>
>>53405980
Only FW models I encounter are Sayl, the Mornghul and that one retarded Seraphon model. So most people kinda agree that FW is Pay2Win bullshit.
>>
>>53405980
Buy it and play it as a normal dragon.
Also, the better painted a model is, the more likely people want to play against it.
>>
So we can't really expect anything AoS related until... When? August? With all the 40k shit going down?
>>
>>53405832
they're an average quality 140 point leader
>>
>>53403755
>10 or so bloodletters will get in.
So you think 20 of them for 20 points with no buffs should do 22 damage with 12 mortal wounds?
>>
>>53406255
Most likely, we may get a Nurgle battletome in the meantime but like you said that could be in August
>>
File: RumourEngineMay24.jpg (30KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineMay24.jpg
30KB, 551x551px
New rumour engine, it looks like a cylinder with a hole in the middle, my gut feeling is 40k
>>
>>53406376
Yeah i've no clue what it could be.

Maybe Deathguard vehicles?
>>
>>53405696
He still has rules for that models, so yeah
>>
>>53406376
It's a tire. It's 40k.
>>
>>53403320
>Slaanesh (please gw)?
Slaanesh isn't getting new anything, ever. How is that not apparent to everyone at this point.
>>
>>53406514
Wishful thinking and more than a little delusion.
>>
>>53406514
If you think Slaanesh isn't getting anything, you are retarded.

Or maybe this is bait, so here's your (you)
>>
>>53406376
>>53406493
It's a tire indeed, good spot mate
>>
>>53391281
You are the highlight of every AOS thread sir
>>
>>53406553
>no new slaanesh models in any GW game for years
>no mortal faction at all
Pretty sure they're getting a release right after the Zoat codex comes out for 40k.
>>
>>53406112
Dread saurian looks sick but I have no way to transport it, it's 400 points and HOLY SHIT I WOULDN'T WANT IT ANYWHERE NEAR MY FORCES IF IT WAS ON THE OTHER TEAM
>>53406202
Normal dragon?
>>
>>53406654
Ork tire if I had to guess
>>
>>53407165
My problem with dread Sauren is that it looks out of place next to other seraphon
>>
>>53391281
Who are you? You seem to be a meme. Are you a grill?

>>53406112
>retarded Seraphon model

Mate. It's like 500 points. It's not total fucking bullshit like the Mornghul is. Skarbrand is 100 points cheaper than the Dread Saurian and will carve it up. Dread Saurian is reliant on Mystic Shield being on it 24/7 and being in combat. If it isn't, it's killed off pretty quickly. It only becomes bullshit if, for some reason, it enters combat with a Carnosaur in range, Troglodon in range and a Banner in range.

That's bullshit. Forced to take Battleshock Test at -2Ld, Forced to roll 3D6 and use the two highest. Lose D3 models if you fail test. Plus something else.

But that's so unlikely it's not a problem. Dread Saurian and Carnosaur combo is the most likely combo. But it's still a 4+ if you fail the roll and then D3.

>>53407338
It's a fantastic model. The original artwork was cool, but I grew to love the new model. The model is actually inspired by an Arcanodon conversion from Lustria Campaign.
>>
>>53407165
400? I thought it was 500? It was the same price as a Mornghul which is way way way way worse. Dread Saurian is easily killable with artillery. Just for reference, a single Bastildon with Solar Gem could one hit it with wounds to spare if it rolled perfectly.
>>
>>53407394
Maybe it's just the paint job then, something about how Forge World paints there stuff just seems so flat and lifeless
>>
>>53406112
Dread-Saurian doesn't look too op to me. Doesn't seem better than Dragonlords or Vampire Lord Dragons or Skarbrand for 400 points.
>>
>>53407406
Its 400 in the forgeworld matched play points pdf.
>>
>>53407410
Really? I thought it was a great paintjob. I personally had a plan to paint it blue. But I quite like it standout natural colour like that. Who knows. But my paint job plan... I don't want to tell people it. But problem is: 1. i can't justify £140 on it, 2. I have hundreds of models still to do anyway 3. I can't paint for shit.

>>53407430
You know what irritates me? You can cast Mystic Shield on Skarbrand. Dread Saurian is just a "if you get it into combat and you roll great, it'll likely kill you" model. It can, potentially iirc, do 36 wounds. Which is enough to kill any big model. If you cast the Starseer buff on it, then it can do 60 wounds, but that's on a 6 with it's Jaws so 48 instead of 24. Very unlikely.

Alas it's incredibly weak in terms of Wounds and it's original ruleset had options in WHFB to make it insanely good (like giving it Ambusher and Ethereal and making it T8 at the loss of 2" movement).

As it is now? It's pretty balanced.

Kroak? Kroak is 560 points or some shit and he's useless in matched play due to Rule Of One. Kroak needs to be 360 points to justify taking him over a Slann + Priest.

>>53407461
ah. I couldn't remember, thanks.
>>
>Gordrakk
>Celestial Prime
>Alarielle
>Lord Kroak
>Skarbrand
>Nagash
>Archaon

Rank these in order of how good they are. I have no idea. Nagash is pretty insane.
>>
>>53407552
Gordrakk is dead last for being shitty and costing 700 points.
>>
>>53407106
>no new slaanesh models in any GW game for years

4 years ago.
FUCKING AGES

I guess Seraphon and the Empire are getting squatted too, then.
>>
>>53407637
So, Alarielle, Nagash, Skarbrand, Prime, Archaon, Kroak, Gordrakk? I seem to remember Alarielle being like 500 points or something daft.
>>
>>53407784
ogres didn't get a new model in six years
i should burn my army
it is doomed!

anon >>53407106 said so, it must be true
>>
>>53407784
4 years isn't long
>>
>>53407552
Are we talking about 1v1 fights or regular games?
>>
>>53407835
Both I guess? To me it's >>53407793 order. But I can't remember.
>>
CHAOS DWARFS ARE BEST
>>
>>53407830
Exactly.
That was sarcasm.

Slaanesh got the Herald and the Hellstriders 4 years ago, and the multi kit chariot a few months before that.

There are factions that are in far worst shape than the Host of Slaanesh.
The only reason people want Slaaneshi stuff it's because all the turbulent rumours in the End Time.
It's more as a confirmation that Slaanesh isn't getting squatted (it isn't) than the need for new models.

Yes, the KoS suck and it's old, but so is the GUO.
>>
>>53407850
1v1 kroak easily wins

>summon vortex
>literally immune to melee
>nobody can do enough ranged/spell damage to kill kroak in one turn

In real games the only useful ones are prime, kroak, alarielle, and skarbrand.

Skarbrand is very easy to play around. He can't fly so just throw chaff in his way and focus him down. If you let him use his 8MW ability on important targets then it's your own fault.

Alarielle is just underwhelming for her point cost. Like the Sylvaneth in general, she is good in pub games but actually really bad in tournaments.

Prime is best used as an artillery piece, dropping a meteor that does D3 mortal wounds to everything in a huge area every turn. This is really great against defensive armies like Seraphon and Sylvaneth but it's not worth 360 points when you can bring 3 Heraldors for that cost and do 3D3 mortal wounds instead. His melee profile is good but you will lose every tournament game trying to play 1640 vs 2000 for 3 turns.

Kroak can end games on his own, but the entire list needs to be built around boosting his spell range and protecting him from shooting attacks. Can sweep tournaments or get hard countered by Aetherstrike and Skyfires.
>>
>>53407486
I know is this feeling
One day I'll feel qualified enough to buy a dread saurian and a car seat to put it in
>>
>>53403784
Wood elves/Wanderers have female torsos for Glade Guard and Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers also. 12/16 for GG and 5/10 torsos for EG if I remember. Plus Sisters of the Thorn/Watch. Spellweaver general, or greenstuff some boobs on a Waywatcher and you could have an all-girl force pretty easily.
>>
>>53407947
What? Kroak isn't immune to shit. You need to do 10 wounds. Mortal Wounds are in abundance in the game as well. Skarbrand could easily do it. But I don't have the time to mathhammer this shit out.

As for Kroak, it's lame getting, I dunno, 10 fucking Astrolith bearers to give him +80" range on all his spells and +10 to casting/dispelling. His main spell, Comet Strike, is reliant on you rolling D3/D6 wounds and focussing on a guy. Even with D6 roll you'll need two rounds to kill off a basic foot character. If Kroak was doing the Comet spell that the Stardrakes could do, he'd be a different story.

But he's a 4+ guy and there is enough artillery in the game to kill him in one turn of shooting. For vastly cheaper. 500 points of Ironweld Great Cannons will kill Kroak.

Kroak is great but I put him so low because it's reliant on you building around him. If you get hard-countered you get hard-countered. That's it. Every army will be built around the idea he's coming. Any army with good shooting will kill him off. Now, if Eternity Wardens weren't forced to suffer a Mortal Wound, regardless of the wound type suffering on Kroak, it'd be a different story again. Even more so if Eternity Wardens could be made 1+ like Saurus Guard are.
>>
>>53408166
>Kroak isn't immune to shit.
Balewind Vortex

Look it up

>But he's a 4+ guy and there is enough artillery in the game to kill him in one turn of shooting.
Good luck with that strategy lmao

Kroak has a 2+ rerollable save and you have -1 to hit (minimum, some lists give you -3 to hit)
He can force you to reroll hits, wounds, and damage rolls.
His global range spells kill your artillery crew and celestial deliverence wears down your army every turn.
Kroak can reroll turn order rolls to almost always get a double turn whenever he wants it

It's okay to admit you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: Juggernauts_of_Khorne.gif (33KB, 218x247px) Image search: [Google]
Juggernauts_of_Khorne.gif
33KB, 218x247px
>>53396551
Bump this before purchase
>>
>>53407552
Archaon in Tzeentch is unkillable, deletes anything on the board at will, heals himself, never fails charges etc, and you can actually fit useful pieces around him.
Nagash works in summoning list.
Alarielle is alright.
Prime is useful people are just unfair to him.
Kroak is a meme.
Skarbrand and Gordrakk are likely to just die before doing anything.
>>
File: longstrike.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
longstrike.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
>>53408422
>Archaon in Tzeentch is unkillable
>>
>>53408313
I wouldn't collect demons unless I were eventually going to get the centerpieces, Glottkin and Bloodthristers. Even then my end goal as Khorne would be council of blood with 3 of them because that would look rad as fuck on the table. As far as the sc boxes you're getting a lot of expensive bloodcrushers that look good but are disappointing on the table from Khorne. That kind of turns me off from them. I wish they were better but it is what it is.
>>
>>53408481
With mystic shield and shield of fate he's 2+ rerolling, treacherous bond gives him a 2+ look out sir, and he's got a 5+ mortal wound invul. If he gets his magic they won't do shit.
>>
Modeling question, I'm looking at getting some beastmen for my guard army (strictly speaking they would be Horus Heres-era Abhuman Helots but that's neither here nor there).

The army is firmly loyalist so my question is: of the choices (gor and ungor) which of them are least chaos'ed up? The sprue-view on GW isn't terribly helpful I'm afraid.
>>
>>53408519
>I wouldn't collect demons
Collecting Daemons is the best

You can play 40k, AoS and soon even HH.
All with the same army.
>>
File: necrosphinx.jpg (142KB, 1200x736px) Image search: [Google]
necrosphinx.jpg
142KB, 1200x736px
>>53408573
>2+ rerolling
You mean rerolling 1

He's not unkillable by any means. Enough focus fire with high Rend will take him down, and he's easy to tie down with chaff while you focus fire since he can't retreat + charge and his ranged damage is pitiful for a 700 point creature.

Picture related can easily kill Archaon and costs 300 points less

Archaon has good defenses but "unkillable"?
Hardly. Properly buffed Bastiladons and large squads of Necropolis Knights are much closer to being "unkillable" than Archaon
>>
>>53408651
If you ignore him getting access to treacherous bond in tzeentch sure. Shield of fate gives him reroll up to 3 which is all fails on -2 rend.

Necrosphinx doesn't easily kill him. Hes got 20 hps and they average about 6 damage with their blades and hes likely to save one of the hits.
>>
>>53408835
>Hes got 20 hps and they average about 6 damage with their blades and hes likely to save one of the hits.
Archaon can have all the buffs in the world but the Necrosphinx is rolling in naked?

NS consistently kills Archaon. Go play real games instead of shitposting about your hasubando
>>
how feasible would be to field a pure cavalry chaos army, lets say, mounted archeon, chaos lord on a mount, varanguard knights, chaos knights and skullcrushers. Would this work?
>>
>>53408949
Doable, but get a Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount.
His command ability is just brutal with cavalry.
>>
>>53408861
waah waah something in the game actually has the potential to be good instead of everything cool being shit. Aren't you just a joy.
>>
>>53409051
Totally missed what the argument is actually about

You lose
>>
From a review of Skirmish:

>Here is the "secret" formula to figure out the renown cost of any model in AoS:

>For units divide the points cost of the unit by the number of models in it. So, for Ushabti for example, I would divide their Matched Play points cost of 120 by the unit size of 3 giving me 40 points per model. I then take this number and divide it by 5, giving me a renown cost of 8 renown for a single Ushabti model.

>So for units it's: unit cost/unit size = cost per model. Cost per model/5 = Renown cost.

>For heroes or single model units it's just their points cost divided by 5.
>>
>>53409069
No I didn't, try to talk about anything being good and some faggot will eventually come along with typical snarky one line huurrrr muh aetherstrike bullshit, fuck off.
>>
>>53409352
I acknowledged that Archaon has good defenses but he's not unkillable like you stated.

This is called a debate.

You lost, and now you're the one acting like a faggot mate.
>>
>>53409172
Here's hoping store managers allow this so people aren't limited in tournaments
>>
>>53409172
Bretonnia player in my LGS will be happy
>>
File: crying pepe.png (28KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
crying pepe.png
28KB, 300x250px
WFB GETS ANOTHER ROLEPLAYING GAME AND NOTHING FOR AOS

ITS NOT FAIR

FUCK
>>
http://cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

New edition announced, and it's set in the Old World
>>
>>53409860
>>53410133
I understand that the Old World has a richer and more well known background, but this is lame.

But on the other side adapting it to AoS would be incredibly easy.
>>
>>53406514
Because 40k is hinting heavily that Fulgrim gonna come home, and unless you fags have already forgotten, the ONLY reason we got tzeentch was because Magnus came back in 40k.
>>
>>53403731
>reboxed
In 20s?
>pestilens
Lol
>>
>>53410196
Gw doesn't care about aos or any of its fans. Get that through your heads. They just release some fan service every now and then to keep the cash flowing. Plus this is a RP game.
>>
File: SangKoS.jpg (125KB, 385x566px) Image search: [Google]
SangKoS.jpg
125KB, 385x566px
>>53410240
The next HH book will have Daemons.

FW said they won't make new units, because Daemons are timeless, but they'll do characters.

Since half of the daemonic legions were Slaaneshi, they can expect at least some FW stuff.
>>
>>53410318
>HH
What's that?
>>
>>53410351
Horus Heresy.
>>
>>53410351
Horus Heresy.
30k.

Next book will include the Battle for Signus Prime.

Blood Angels vs Daemons
>>
>>53408641
>You can play 40k, AoS and soon even HH.
>All with the same army.
>you can be shit in 3 games, not just one!
No, seriously, I'd find it confusing because they'd have different rules in each system.
>>
>>53410392
Well that's good then. But gathering storm still leaves off with Frodo leaving Rowboat a mental voice message
>>
>>53410396
40k daemons are upper tier
>>
>>53410410
Not only that, but in Fabius Bile: Primogenitor they said that almost all the Emperor's Children Chaos Lords have a secret pact, called the Phoenix Conclave, where they swear to reunite the Legion if Fulgrim ever woke up.

That happens in Gathering Storm.

Also, new book about Lucius in August.
We'll know more about that, since Lucius is one of those Chaos Lords.
>>
File: a-1.jpg (97KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
a-1.jpg
97KB, 694x530px
>>
>>53382987
Skirmish PDF when?
>>
>>53410449
Fulgrim is a daemon prince and never wasn't awake. Did you mean Roboute?
>>
>>53410488
Man, we're probably not going to see something like the RGW for at least a year. We'll get one release to keep us entertained, and then back to the 40k train
>>
>>53409172
I don't understand the renown cost? dividing by an extra 5 makes allot of model costs very messy.

for instance, tzaangors: unit cost 180 divided by number of models, 10, equals 18, but that divided by 5 is 3.6

Do you then round? Am I missing something?

What is the difference between renown cost and model cost. Why is renown cost even a thing?
>>
>>53410539
Rounding down tends to be more accurate.

Renown is for Skirmish, not regular AoS. The "Model cost/5" thing is just a way to estimate the cost. It isn't entirely accurate, as we have seen some models costs already, and it doesn't always work.
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2029
>>
Anyone got advice for this 1000pt Chaos Army?
Be'lakor 240
Chaos Sorc. Lord on Manticore 240
2X10 Chaos Warriors with Halberds 360
Leaves me with 160 points wiggle room. Im thinking of using Godsworn and a Lord of Chaos but ive been using Sayl the Faithless instead 160 pt to devastating effect.
>>
File: 1495314542509.jpg (467KB, 1000x975px) Image search: [Google]
1495314542509.jpg
467KB, 1000x975px
>>53408651
as a tomb kings player how angry does this pic make you feel?
>>
>>53410956
It doesnt

Necropolis Knights are massively undercosted at 160 per 3. Even before buffs they are strictly better than every other model at their price range and anything up to 240 points. Even at 240 they're still better than Morghasts, but I think that has more to do with Morghasts being underwhelming.

Necrosphinx and Settra price increases also make sense. NS is an absolute beast, able to fly + retreat + charge and dish out absurd amounts of damage. Settra is objectively the best character in the game, with a command ability worth 360 points by itself.

The Royal Warsphinx price increase doesn't make any sense and was done as a kneejerk reaction. Most tournament players agree that it needs to be reverted.
>>
>>53411032
>It doesnt
come on now, you must feel some anger in there somewhere...

Like for how your army was singled out for aggressive nerfs when other stuff *cough aetherstrike cough Kurnoth hunters cough* didn't take a hit?
>>
>>53411129
I consider NK and Settra changes to be corrections, not nerfs. They were blatantly undercosted.

Hunters are underpriced but Sylvaneth as a faction suck and rely on them so it's not a priority.
I'm not a fan of hunter + hurricanum gunline lists, but I think that can be fixed by changing the Hurricanum to only effect Free People instead of all Order units.

Before nerfing any ranged units I'd rather see rule changes to shooting first like this >>53388466
>>
>>53411129
I don't think you understand how strong Tomb Kings actually are right now.
>>
Playing AoS last night reminded me why I stopped playing fantasy. I've been playing casual 1k point matches for a year now, but got roped into a 'competitive' 2k game that consisted of 'gotcha' over and over against Stormcast.

I'm salty not in the sense that I lost, but in the sense that the try-hards who ruined Fantasy 8th are crawling back to sink their claws into the game again.
If you want a competitive outlet, try a game built for it, like Guild Ball.
>>
File: every Death player.jpg (49KB, 720x698px) Image search: [Google]
every Death player.jpg
49KB, 720x698px
>play death in AOS
>play necrons in 40k
>mfw nothing has come out for either in a year
why bother
>>
>>53408636
Neither is really that chaos'ed up, ungor would probably be better in terms of size and modelling opportunities ie, guard arms will fit them
>>
>>53411210
1k and 1500pts Sigmar is the best i reckon.

2k is just exactly like you described because even without trying to tourneyfag it up you look at your typical force of models you care about more and go "Fuck it, i'll just have another Mourngul / Stonehorn or whatever, easy 500pts there, let's play" you end up repeating units

Does help fighting Stormcast is generally not enjoyable
>>
>>53412323
1000 pts master race. Also Skirmish turned out to be neat. Personally, I liked SC box vs SC box games too - being a newbie is the best thing in every system
>>
>>53410519
RGW?

>>53411199
Noob here who hasn't played against them yet, what makes Tomb Kings so strong?
>>
>>53412547
>Noob here who hasn't played against them yet, what makes Tomb Kings so strong?
Necropolis Knights are objectively the best unit in the game. They have the best and 2nd best keywords in the game (Skeleton and Deathrattle) and benefit from tons of amazing buffs because of that.
>>
>>53385160
>>53385274

Sorry fuckbois but we'll never die.

I assume you're all pleased to know we have a pen and paper RPG in the works also?
>>
Anny good Seraphon army composition on 1000pk?
>>
Im new to AoS, and was wondering if a pure cavalry chaos army would feasibly work, heres my list, any and all tips needed:

Alliegance
*Chaos*

Leader
Chaos Lord on Demonic Mount [140pts]

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut [140pts]
Warlord, Warlord Trait - Mighty Skullcrushers

Other
Chaos Knights [200pts]
5 Chaos Knights

Mighty Skullcrushers [320pts]
Ensorcelled Axe, 6x Mighty Skullcrushers, Standard Bearers

Mighty Skullcrushers [320pts]
Ensorcelled Axe, 6x Mighty Skullcrushers, Standard Bearers

Varanguard [360pts]
3 Varanguard
>>
sup, /aosg. as you've noiteced for sure, each (released) daemon fraction have a most buffed-up greater daemon. Scarbrand, Kairos...
we have a nu-slaanesh greater daemon called Luxcious who is basically the strongest of all the keeper of secrets. here's your confirmation, we'll have slaanesh one day!
>>
>>53413117
oh and its 1500p
>>
>>53413117
I guess Varanguard are a bit overpriced and don't play properly without Archaon. And I personally would like to recommend tacing Blood Stampede battalion w/ Khorne lord on juggernaut. Mortal wounds' source is important!
>>
>>53413257
would the OOP horse mounted archaon do the job? I hate the overdesign in the new version. Thanks!
>>
>>53413257
oh, and by blood stampede you mean brass stampede?
>>
>>53378097
this again
either
>pic eight times
or
>160 plaguebearer

any opinion?
any alternative?
>>
>>53413114
Anny one?
>>
>>53412547
Realm gate wars
>>
File: 20170524_155756_crop_374x435.jpg (37KB, 374x435px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_155756_crop_374x435.jpg
37KB, 374x435px
Whatchyall think? I'm still figuring out what to do for glowy eyes, and barrels will be drilled. Otherwise it's pretty final
>>
>>53414161

theres a thread for this >>53413996
>>
File: DryadsFront.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DryadsFront.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>53414188
It has long since been decided that AoS related WIPs are acceptable. He will most likely get better help there though.
>>53414161
Try painting the eyes white, then using a glaze over them. Thin the glaze with some water or Lahmian Medium to make it easier to get the intensity you are looking for. I have a picture of how it looks on some of mine.
>>
File: IMG_20170524_202812.jpg (2MB, 1376x1693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170524_202812.jpg
2MB, 1376x1693px
>>53414485
ah, sorry, im new to these threads, then with this permission ill post my almost finished varanguard knight
>>
>>53414633
oh, forgot to mention, critique and ideas for the base needed
>>
File: 1493059993347.jpg (31KB, 493x373px) Image search: [Google]
1493059993347.jpg
31KB, 493x373px
>>53406996
Thanks you too

>>53407394
I'm just a person that likes posting cute lizards.
>>
>>53414655
>>53414633
that's a fuckin great piece of paint-job mate
>>
>>53414633
Looks good to me, certainly better than mine usually are.
As for a base, I usually go with what my army is supposed to have as their homebase. So my Seraphon have jungle bases (got the technique here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEHnheQPHs).
>>
>>53401574
>>tfw you use Skeletons on Coldones as Black/Blood knights
pics plz
>>
>>53414485
This is excellent advice! Thanks! I'm ashamed I didn't think of that before. I had used a yellow glaze to blend the greens anyways. That might make it much easier.
>>
New thread
>>53416494
>>53416494
>>53416494
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.