[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 52

File: Frost Giant and Trophies.png (6MB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Frost Giant and Trophies.png
6MB, 2550x1650px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion - Frost Giant Edition

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous thread: >>53301940
>>
>>53312817
Alright lads what's the coolest thing you could have made from a Bulette's armor pieces?
>>
>>53312817
>>53312869
D&D Monster Hunter Edition when?
>>
I'm sketching out paladin subclass mechanics. Right now we have a pretty obvious theme that I'm interested in developing challengers for, paladins that do more with Lay on Hands, Find Steed, and Divine Sense instead of sticking to the aura/smite/abjuration focus.

Replacing the 7th level aura (and taking into account the need for a scaling health bonus, probably just twice paladin level) what's a good ballpark CR to use for steed upgrades, 2 or 3? I'm likely to build steeds from scratch rather than shovel random MM picks into place, but a basis for comparison is good.

I looked at the revised Ranger but those are just a pile of bonuses and attacks, and while I'd like the steed to be functional as a combatant I'm not interested in challenging that niche.
>>
>>53312937
http://imgur.com/a/qDzJ1
>>
>>53312869
A shield that lets you shove people into the earth, duplicating the effects of the Web spell, except they're buried and suffocating and they can't burn the web and they need bludgeoning damage to dig out instead of slashing.
>>
>>53312817
what fucking size was that boar, holy unholy fuck. also the weird skull, humber hulk?
>>
>>53312973
Oh sweet, thanks bro.
>>
>>53313002
Boars can be fucking scary huge, mate.
>>
>>53312656

I'm currently running a campaign set on a jungle continent, with what is essentially Warhammer Lizardmen as the main baddies.

I'm wanting to do a mock up of their Sun Engine, but I"m not quite sure how I want to do it. Currently, I"m thinking of having it just blast out Fireball spells repeatedly.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: Scaling Magic Items WIP.pdf (711KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Scaling Magic Items WIP.pdf
711KB, 1x1px
Reposting Anon's Quest for scaling artifacts/legendary items continues!

>http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1m7nEU8eZ

>Dawnflower's Ward
Added!

>>53313004
No problem I kinda want to throw one of those monsters at my group at some point. I'm really nervous about it though, I feel like they won't take it seriously as all of them have played quite a bit of MH at some point.
>>
>>53313050
Is your plan to just wear everyone down until they stop commenting and then declare that since no one said anything it has to be balanced?
>>
is there a way to filter replies to a filtered post?
>>
>>53313048
Glancing at the thumbnail I thought that was a Torterra.
>>
>>53313069
Nope, I assume there will always be problems with this material until I get comments from anon's saying it's fine.
>>
why, or rather how, are mind flayer's tentacle attacks psychic damage that use their Int mod instead of Str or bludgeoning or whatever?
>>
File: Untitled.png (14KB, 854x192px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 854x192px
>>53313092
Yes. 4chan x if you don't have it.
>>
Anyone trying to tie all the Yawning Portal modules into a campaign?
>>
>>53313221
thanks, anon. i was using the default extension, this one looks like an entire new beast.
>>
>>53313048
Check out Heart of the Jungle for Pathfinder. Despite PF being a piece of shit and useless system, it has great flavor and can be used for inspiration.
>>
File: The Helmed Champion v 1.0.pdf (687KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Helmed Champion v 1.0.pdf
687KB, 1x1px
>>53313050

As long as people are posting shitty homebrews, I could use some feedback on this shitty monster I made.
>>
How do you make a mystic that doesn't come off as an angsty teenager? Shit's like trying to make a non-edgy warlock.
>>
>>53313374
My archfey warlock is quite whimsical I'll have you know.
>>
>>53313374
What is angsty about it?
>>
>>53313374
what's particularly angsty about them?
half of the quirks are quite the opposite, at being absolutely socially oblivious and crap.
>>
>>53312907
My GM said I can use CHA for Cursebringer. Why crawford or whoever makes the UAs feel the need to hamstring an already hamstrung class and make them need str con cha and either dex for AC or heavy armor proficiency I don't fucking know
>>
File: coming to fuck your wife.jpg (203KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
coming to fuck your wife.jpg
203KB, 1024x768px
>>53313396
My patron.
>>
>>53313398
>>53313419
>mystics are outcasts
>mystics shun society because society shuns them
>mystics spend years sitting on their own because people just don't get them man
>mystics have weird quirks, like say constantly sweeping a dirty black fringe out of their eyes or being straight-edge or wearing a particular colour of clothing or dying their hair
>>
>Be cleric
>Me and half the party is suffering from AIDS
>There's no known cure.
>Have to constantly spend my highest level spell slots just to keep it from killing us
>Just learned that it will spread from us to the rest of the party in six days, unless we find the cure
>Not even sure if my magic is doing anything

Life is pain, famalams.
>>
>>53313446
Are you saying they're hippies?
>>
>>53313466
That's what you get for being homos
>>
>>53313471
No. Hippies at least join a shitty little commune to be outcasts together.
>>
>>53313420
It's so that Sword and Board Hexblades can be a thing.

If you use the greatsword you're focused on damage, burst and self buffs. If you use other weapons then you're what Bladelock was intended to originally be. Uses melee weapons instead of EB but can still be a throwing out Attack and Save spells. It's there because otherwise greatsword's once again better then everything and there's no reason to use another weapon.

I personally like the idea but it was executed poorly. I would've preferred they made 2 invocations. One gives you the Smite effect on all your weapons, the other gives you CHA for Attacks. So you can have them both but you lose some versatility compared to Warlocks who only took one. Also so Non-Hexblade Bladelocks are decent.
>>
>>53313466
>Not being a glorious immune paladin
>>
>>53313446
Most their quirks aren't edgy, you're just seeing them that way.
Another take is that most mystics, if using quirks, are at some level or totally OCD and/or autistic.
>>
>>53313515
Actually, paladin is suffering from it too.
>>
>>53313471
They sound more like magic hipsters.
>>
>>53313501
Well that's how you make a cool mystic. Turn him into an unwashed conspiracy loon hippy.

Never take an Disciplines that have an obvious effect, so people can't prove you're doing anything.
>>
>>53313519
>totally OCD or autistic
This really isn't helping me shake the edgy angsty teen image of them.
>>
>>53313345
I like it! I feel it should have Investigation and Survival as skills to fit with the hunting aspect. Also, Hunter's Mark should replace Shield, they don't need the extra AC. Maybe up their charisma score to 12.
>>
>>53313466
...Your DM has actually just called a disease that's nothing like AIDS that? Why the fuck can't you just use a magical cure disease if it's AIDS?
>>
>>53313446
>mystics shun society because society shuns them
factually incorrect, they shun society to pursue and master their newfound powers.

>When mystics finally master their power, they return to the world to broaden their horizons and practice their craft. Some mystics prefer to remain isolated, but those who become adventurers aren’t content to remain on the fringe of the world.
>While these taboos are harmless, they help cast mystics as outsiders. Few feel accepted by society, and fewer still care to become integrated with it. To mystics, the life of the mind is where they feel most at home.

It's more about they literally don't give a shit about society but aren't ever actively antagonizing it, as filthy fucking druids or rangers would...
>>
>>53313522
>Immune to disease
>Seriously they have an entire feature that has the purpose of making them immune to disease
>Gets disease
>They have a feature that cures disease
Does your DM just not give a shit?
>>
>>53313555
It's not actually AIDS, it's a curse from setting's equivalent of Nurgle. And no, I don't think Remove Curse is going to work either.
>>
>>53313541
Just make him CWC.
>>
>>53313555
>AIDS doesn't kill you
>AIDS isn't infectious
>AIDS is curable
Lad, what are you smoking?
>>
>>53313541
There's not really a connection between those qualities though?
Unless you just describe things you dislike as angsty and edgy without knowing what they mean, that is.
>>
>>53313541
>edgy angsty teen
>anything to do with ocd and/or autism
???
>>
>>53313562
I'm genuinely curious how you don't see "I don't even like care about society like whatever" as angstry. I'm not trying to be a pain just to be a pain, but that seems very angsty to me.

>>53313579
>>53313587
>angsty teens aren't autismos
In what world?
>>
>>53313572
>character is cursed
>remove curse won't work
makes you think...
>>
>>53313572
Honestly, your DM sounds like shit. Does he not realise that being infested with a magical plague longterm isn't fun to you guys or does he find it fun for himself?

>>53313577
Mostly the fact it doesn't just spread that simply. You can actually go pretty far before getting AIDS.
>>
>>53313619
>A god curses you, presumably personally
>A level 3 spell solves that problem
Got my noggin' joggin'
>>
>>53313623
Yeah but running around covered in cuts and open wounds, while AIDS blood is flying all over the show seems to be a good way to get AIDS.
>>
>>53313446
Aren't mystics basically monks with mind powers?
>>
>>53313616
saying mystics (or for that matter druids) are angsty for not living in society is like saying beavers angsty for living in the woods.

they have nothing to gain from it and nowhere in the lore does it imply they are dicks about it.

it's not my fault you or your players have shit imagination and even shittier role playing skills.
>>
>>53313623
Well, we've had two opportunities to get rid of gay plague so far, but both of them involved sucking Nurgle's cock and doing him favours. Only two people in the party think it's remoty acceptable, so we're looking for an alternative.
Since we're on a hard time limit before it starts spreading, I assume that we'll get another opportunity to heal ourselves within those six days.
>>
>>53313631
One of my NPCs has a curse that is linked to items the only way to end it is through destroying those items, or Wish.
>>
>>53313657
There's a difference between a druid living in nature and a "hermit" that "shuns society".
>>
>>53313650
pretty much, more autistic monks but same argument. now, i don't think anyone sees monks as particularly edgy (maybe shadow or long dead) and neither would most people see mystics that way.
>>
>>53313677
what exactly, the druid is doing what it feels natural for him and his powers, which is the exact same thing the mystic is doing.

you don't go meditate in the middle of a market, you find a nice tree on a quite meadow.
>>
What do you do about murderhobos?
>>
>>53313631
Well RAW, yes. It's that easy. One could assume that it's the Cleric's own god removing the curse of the other god.

Also to the original poster, if you're level 10 have you tried praying to your god?

>>53313643
I'm going to assume his party wasn't retarded. No shit you would avoid touching other people while they have magic AIDS but worst case scenario getting the blood on you while you're fully armoured is unlikely to do anything.

>>53313674
Does the DM do shit like this often?
>>
>>53313706
Rocks fall etcetera
>>
I'd really like to try and make a character who's a non-magic healer: someone who doesn't know any curative spells or anything, but can fix a splint, set a cast, stitch a wound, and perform surgery. Basically, a mundane doctor, but a good one.

Obviously taking the Healer feat would be a necessity, but I was wondering what other ideas you would have for the core of this character?
>>
>>53313568
Don't you like being made irrelevant just so you can be railroaded onto some boring quest where you need to drink some magic dragon cum when the whole situation is bullshit and contrived?
>>
File: Medic (UA Feats for Skills).png (35KB, 623x298px) Image search: [Google]
Medic (UA Feats for Skills).png
35KB, 623x298px
>>53313724
Healer fucking sucks. Ask your DM to let you have this instead.
>>
>>53313706
Depends on the type of game I'm running, is it a combat fest without a major narrative? If so then you're fine.

If not I don't allow them, I push my players to have some reason for fighting and have downsides for killing people at times.
>>
>>53313722
That's not actually helpful.
>>
>>53313712
>Standing 3 feet away from AIDS bro
>you've been adventuring all day and after fighting a billion harpies, your flesh is fucking ribbons
>something, ANYTHING, hits your AIDS bro
>genuinely expecting not to get AIDS blood in your wounds
>>
File: 1495049102110.jpg (12KB, 255x217px) Image search: [Google]
1495049102110.jpg
12KB, 255x217px
Anyone here successfully made a dungeon with random tables?
>>
>>53313677
Are you going to tell me stylites are edgy? I mean, they're hermits, they shun society (or at least the parts of society that don't live atop telephone poles) but I don't think "I am going to go worship god from atop a pole" counts as edge.
>>
>>53313724
Thief or Artificer would be the obvious answers. Thanks to infuse magic you can make "Medical Kits" infused with Cure Wounds.

Remember that you're never be as good as a Cleric or whatever healer for obvious reasons.

>>53313750
I'm not saying it's impossible to happen but there's a few things wrong with that scenario.

First of all you can't stand within 3 feet of someone.

Second you're using HP and Meat Points.

Third you're implying that all damage causes blood to spray three fucking feat out horizontally.

Even with all that in place wouldn't the obvious answer be to not stand within 3 feet of the guy, or the smarter option. Tell him to fuck off until you can find a cure?
>>
>>53313785
>the most recent example of anyone acting like a stylite was David Blaine
hmm
>>
>>53313706

add consequences for whenever they murder someone, basically make the random NPCs they killed not so random after all. Suppose you decide that they've killed a shopkeeper's brother.
>the shopkeep has ventured off to learn of their missing brother's fate, so the shop is closed until further notice
>the shopkeep has paid a divination wizard to discover what happened to his brother, and has then hired a (team of) bounty hunter(s) to kill the party in revenge
>or, the shopkeep has set up elaborate traps for the party to befall them once they enter his store, so he can kill them himself
>if the NPCs looted the brother, then the shopkeep notices one of the brother's items on them next time they visit, revealing them as either thieves or murderers unless they convince him otherwise
>if they've killed a lot, have them renowned as wanted bandits across the land, and have guards try to accost them once they're recognized in a city

As for the hobo part, make temporary residences cost more. If they keep staying at inns, make the inns cost more. If they have a lot of shit, make it prone to be stolen without proper security. If they camp on the roads, make them prone to nightly attacks by beasts or bandits. Make it unsafe to shell up in anything other than a secure residence.

Obviously there's a fine line between "plausible, interesting consequences" and "excessively punishing your players for having fun wrong" but if you want to try and discourage it, those are my suggestions.

Alternatively, lean into it. If they're wandering killers, have them be approached by a guild of assassins or something. If they want to play like murderers, open up a whole world or murdering for them.
>>
>>53313814
>if u jus ignore everfing dat aint in da books den AIDS is cured!
oh ok
>>
>>53313814
>or the smarter option. Tell him to fuck off until you can find a cure?
If you do this to your fellow PC, you're a bad adventurer.
>>
>>53313674
>gay plague

The level of autism must be off the charts.
>>
>>53313821
He wasn't doing it for jesus tho, was he?
>>
>>53313851
No. And neither are Mystics. Mystics aren't performing mortification.
>>
>>53313747
The only thing murder hobos respect is murder. They need to learn not everyone is a punching bag.
>>
>>53313845
>Easily offended faggot
>Reddit spacing
Like clockwork.
>>
>>53313827
This is really helpful and really fantastic advice. Thanks muchly, bro!
>>
>>53313619
I had a curse that could only be removed by a Greater Restoration
>>
>>53313872
Calm down lad, are you triggered?
>>
>>53313838
For not wanting to die of AIDS? I agree that situations where you should split parties for more then a little bit a few and far between but sometimes it makes no sense to keep a deathtrap around you.

Also I think people are forgetting that it takes a fair fucking time before being pozzed will kill you. About 3 years with no treatment. Within 3 years you can get the services of a powerful Cleric.
>>
>>53313888
AIDSanon has already clarified that it's not actually AIDS, but a curse of divine origin. Also, he said that it will spread in six days right here. >>53313466
>>
>>53313745
If I'm reading this feat right, does that third trait ("clean and bind the wounds") not require the use of a medical kit? It seems like it should.

>>53313814
>Remember that you're never be as good as a Cleric or whatever healer for obvious reasons

I know, but for some reason the idea of playing not as a magical healer, but just some kind of no-nonsense gloves-in-the-guts war doctor appeals to me. Rogue would definitely work, as would Artificer, but even Fighter could work.
>>
File: Herr Doktor.jpg (180KB, 1024x857px) Image search: [Google]
Herr Doktor.jpg
180KB, 1024x857px
>>53313911
It's from Unearthed Arcana, of course it's unrefined. I advise you Fighter or Rogue for this concept, so you can grab both of those feats and not sacrifice half your ASIs.
>>
>>53313905
I'm talking about real AIDS here. My suggestion about his stuff is to basically tell the DM no one is finding this fun and they're not going to suck a god's dick just to cure it.

Alternatively kill themselves and revive.

>>53313911
Thieves can use the Healer feat as a bonus action.
>>
File: raise dead.png (78KB, 559x449px) Image search: [Google]
raise dead.png
78KB, 559x449px
>>53313936
>Alternatively kill themselves and revive.
This is actually a terrible idea.
>>
What the fuck happened to this thread?
>>
>>53313979
A magic disease.
>>
>>53313979
It's actually not bad at all. Wait about 8-9 hours and it gets much worse.
>>
>>53313979
Nothing. We're discussing tabletop.
>>
>>53313814
HP are meat points.
>>
Is Web a good spell? Too late to change it but I'm just wondering.
>>
>>53313979
Autism too stronk.
>>
My group will be doing a 5e game eventually. I'm considering a warlock of some sort but can't quite figure out what best to do with the class. Though they seem to be the sort that's versatile enough to fill in secondary roles, but not the sort one would want for primary caster, etc.

So, anyone have some thoughts on warlocks and what to do with them? Or, for a different option, what sort of class would work best for a sort of "witch" living in the wilderness?
>>
>>53314056
Warlocks spam Detect Magic and scout with their familiars (if they're smart). They blow shit up with Eldritch Blast and a big nuke or CC spell every short rest.
>>
Yo /tg/, creating a homebrew gunner class for 5e, one of the archetypes is a trickster, who mixes magic and guncraft. One idea for an ability was the Tracer Shot, a shot that automatically homes in and hits an enemy. I want it to do 1d6 damage per shot, which increases after every archetype increase. But, how many uses is enough? I've got another ability that already uses Dex mod + 1, and I don't want too many counters. Advice?
>>
>>53314056
Warlocks are weak, laughably weak, especially if you don't get many short rests.
As for the witch of the wilds, all sorts of classes can fit you. Sorcerer, druid, cleric are all good fits. Wizard and bard much less so, but you can make it work with a degree of imagination.
>>
>>53314056
For a Witch? Enchanter Wizard. Mind fuckery is the first thing I personally think of for Witches and it does it pretty well.

Land Druid is also an option. Probably swamp or forest.
>>
File: turnback.jpg (515KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
turnback.jpg
515KB, 2048x1536px
>>53314079
>Yo /tg/, creating a homebrew gunner class for 5e
>>
File: The Helmed Champion v 1.1.pdf (686KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Helmed Champion v 1.1.pdf
686KB, 1x1px
>>53313543

Thanks Anon! I made your suggested changes.
>>
>>53314107
As much as I dislike it too, it's for a Final Fantasy campaign. Wanted to get more jobs in there.
>>
>>53314079
Consider that a wizard can cast Magic Missile, (1d4)*3 damage up to 4 times per long rest at level 3.

Maybe 2 uses per long rest might be good? Considering Wizard is sacrificing other 1st level spells to use MM, that is.
>>
>>53314038
It's not a weak spell, but not as strong as some other 2nd level spells.

It's more situational than others, but used effectively it's certainly good.
>>
How shit is eldritch knight fighter? How does pact of the blade warlock compare to it?
>>
Can you replace one of the two bonus disciplines from your order with a discipline from another order?

>Psionic Disciplines
>At 1st level, you know one psionic discipline of your choice. The Disciplines Known column of the Mystic table shows the total number of disciplines you know at each level; when that number goes up for you, choose a new discipline. In addition, whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one discipline you know with a different one of your choice.

>Bonus Disciplines
>At 1st level, you learn two additional psionic disciplines of your choice. They must be chosen from among the XXXX disciplines.
>>
>>53314142
>How shit is eldritch knight fighter
It's good, if you don't expect great magics from it.

>How does pact of the blade warlock compare to it
It's a warlock who can summon a sword as a backup weapon. Eldritch blast is always better.
>>
>>53314142
eldritch knight is a lot better than pact of blade warlock at fighting, because it actually has a coherent kit that supports its playstyle.
>>
>>53314142
EK is pretty good at taking hits, since they've got access to the important defensive spells while in heavy armor+shield. Not great at blasting shit with spells, but the utility is there.

Blade Pact is shit unless you're using UA, and then it's pretty okay.
>>
>>53314120
>a Final Fantasy campaign
Dude quit it
>>
What do you think is the most "unique" of the Mystic orders? The one least likely to overlap and be outclassed by another class?
>>
>>53314144
Yes.
>>
>>53314142
EKs are made for tanking. All you're going to do is blow your obscenely limited spell slots on shit that makes you take less damage. If you expect to be contributing a lot with your spells in the exploration / social / investigation parts of the game, you're fooling yourself, and you're not gonna get high enough to learn a great variety of shit or the more useful level 3 spells.

So you take Shield and Absorb Elements and otherwise play as a Fighter.
>>
>>53314079
You could refluff the missiles coming from the magic missile spell but you're wielding a firearm.
>>
What do you guys think about feudalism in D&D? Do you even try something like it?
>>
>>53314087
Warlocks aren't "laughably weak" In a single cantrip + invocation you can be competitive to martials in damage, with no feat taxes or equipment. Unless you're going down the only other path available to the class as a bladelock (terrible idea because the class is literally designed with the assumption you'll be dealing damage with Eldritch Blast) you work upwards from there. They aren't as hilariously and absolutely broken as wizards but nothing is
>>
>>53314144
Also does Potent Psionics work with Unarmed Strikes or Natural Weapons?

>Potent Psionics
>At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon attacks with psychic energy. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon, you can deal an extra 1d8 psychic damage to that target. When you reach 14th level, this extra damage increases to 2d8. In addition, you add your Intelligence modifier to any damage roll you make for a psionic talent.

And in the off chance a DM would be accept >multiclassing UAs, what would be a good multiclass for Mystic?
>>
>>53314176
The Orders are small token features. The most 'unqiue' one is Wu Jen, the one that literally steals from Wizard. You can literally mimic anything with your Disciplines. It feels like this question was only asked due to a fundamental non-understanding, and that's not a pejorative.
>>
>>53314176
Awakened, Nomad, Avatar
>>
>>53314207
Or, consider this, you could be a fighter instead and deal even higher amount of damage.
>>
>>53314112
Great! This might be too big a change, but do you think it should be Wisdom based instead of Intelligence? I get that it is supposed to be a smart tracker but I feel like that could be encompassed in the Wisdom score instead of Intelligence, also it would make it so it has a weak spot.
>>
>>53314215
>The Orders are small token features
>Dictate the majority of what your mystic can do
What did he mean by this?
>>
What if you redesigned the EK to be more of an arcane paladin? With something like arcane strike running off your spell slots?
>>
>>53314273
Somebody was posting an arcane paladin homebrew in yesterday's threads, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>53314273
Then you'd be a paladin that hits more each turn.
>>
>>53314211
Natural Weapons, and Unarmed Strikes are not weapons.
>>
>>53314273
There's already a class that does it. It's called hexblade warlock.
>>
File: Arcane Warden v0.11.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane Warden v0.11.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
>>53314281
I'll post it, but I'm wary of forcing it.
>>
>>53314227
Then you have to build your whole character for the purpose of dealing damage and don't come online until mid-levels (as opposed to level 2 when you get Eldritch Invocations), and are mechanically just about useless for anything not involving fighting. Warlocks do fuckloads of damage as practically a class feature. Both have their place, but saying warlocks are bad is dumb.
>>
File: The Helmed Champion v 1.2.pdf (686KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Helmed Champion v 1.2.pdf
686KB, 1x1px
>>53314235

You're right, it makes more sense since Wisdom is the higher stat. Also added immunity to polymorph, because fuck polymorph. Thanks!
>>
>>53314253
they actually do jackshit for 80% of your character, the decision is down to "do i want extra skill proficiencies" or "do i want extra weapon/armor proficiencies", the two surges are shit because being able to change your focus is huge and the immortal's AC formula and not getting martial weapons is total dogshit.

disciplines do a LOT more than orders for your character and there's no restriction whatsoever at which you can get in the end, if >>53314184 this is true.

mystic orders outside of maybe the nomad and the wu jen (for pure mechanical power reasons as it has no logical flavor for a 'psionic' character) are by far the least meaningful subclasses in the game.
>>
>>53314325
>Then you have to build your whole character for the purpose of dealing damage
There's a reason fighters can more ASIs than anyone else.
>don't come online until mid-levels
Have you ever tried being less wrong?
> are mechanically just about useless for anything not involving fighting
You mean, warlocks can do anything other than fighting, with all of their 2 spellslots?
>but saying warlocks are bad is dumb.
Warlocks are bad, and you are dumb for defending them.
>>
>>53314253
They don't dictate shit, they're just 10 free powers from the free disciplines and some bonus features.
>>
>>53314281
>>53314288
>>53314303
Or at least expand their spellcasting options to more schools.

Is the hexblade warlock any good?
>>
>>53314273
There's a class in 3.5 called the Duskblade which was intended to be the true gish class for 3.5, and I know some anons did a homebrew port of it. I'll post it when I get home from work, on the train and don't have access to my full 5e PDF library on my phone.
>>
One of my players want the Rouge ability Cunning Action. But does not like the idea of taking 2 levels of rouge. Do you think its too good as a feat if it requies the feat mobile first? Or is it still too good?
>>
File: dusky.pdf (765KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
dusky.pdf
765KB, 1x1px
>>53314396
I have it.
>>
Since right now everyone's posting a bunch of homebrew stuff, I'll throw my stuff onto the pile.

One of my players wanted to play a Swordsage in 5th edition, and after a bit of number-crunching came up with this. I don't know how powerful the level 11+ stuff is, but the level 3-10 stuff I'm pretty sure is balanced (the group's level 8 atm).

For those unawares, the Swordsage was a class in 3.5 which came from Tome of Battle (aka Book of Weeaboo Fightin' Magic) that came out near the end of 3.5's life and served as a sort of alpha version of what eventually became 4th edition.
>>
>>53314454
Oh, cool. Looks like the one I have at home, so it should serve as a good basis for a more DPS melee arcane class unlike the Warlock.
>>
File: Pit Fiend.png (90KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Fiend.png
90KB, 256x256px
Has anyone bought this http://www.dmsguild.com/product/211941/Emirikols-Guide-to-Devils, any opinions?
>>
>>53314211
Go ahead. Who gives a fuck? It's only once per turn. The whole
>unarmed attacks aren't weapons
is bullshit and an overreaction to grogs who loved all the bullshit of 3X but can't hold the slightest bit of complexity in their heads.

And natural weapons? Psions used to take on the aspects of whole animals, turn their fucking arms into metal swords, and grow bestial claws and fangs; why wouldn't their psychic nonsense work with that if they're FORMED of that to begin with?
>>
>>53314358
>You mean, warlocks can do anything other than fighting, with all of their 2 spellslots?
You have invocations and the utility of either the game's best ritual casting + extra cantrips or a super-familiar, so yes. There is something between "useless" and "bending over OoC and making it your bitch", and since warlocks require barely any investment to do their main role, anything else you get can freely contribute to the other.
>Have you ever tried being less wrong?
You are not saying anything here. Fighters don't even do more damage than other martials until at least level 7, and it's still level 11 for the second extra attack
>>
>>53314298
Wow, they just went out of there way to prevent monks from ever getting anything nice didn't they?
>>
>>53314201
My setting is feudal, but that doesn't really come into play that much because adventurers exist outside of the feudal system.
>>
>>53314518
Go away you fucking shill.
>>
Why do people keep trying to come up with these martial/magic combination homebrews.

Bards, Clerics, and Bladelocks are LITERALLY this
>>
File: DFBTj0ah.jpg (54KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
DFBTj0ah.jpg
54KB, 627x502px
>>53314518
>Devils
No, but i'm interested.
>>
DM about to SKT

Want to play a kobold sorcerer or warlock.

As suggestions/thoughts on how I should build it.
>>
>>53314273
Just play a human fighter.
>>
>>53314518

Bought it, been reading some of it. The lore is cool, but there's also a lot of typos and awkward phrasing. I have yet to really give the stat blocks a good hard look, but there's at least a lot of content.

So far, I'd give it an on-the-fence C+/B-. If they clean up the text (and I'm also assuming the stat blocks are reasonable), it could be a B+/A-.
>>
Is Occluded Mind as good as people make it out or just a huge meme?

I'm trying to make the most out of a 100% mind fuckery/blastery, creepy mute awakened mystic, but most awakened disciplines seem to all do the same shit while having non of the extra utility shit like mastery of force gives you.
>>
>>53314679
It was the only thing that made my Take 10 Mystic useful.
>>
I have this project in mind about giving every non-PHB official race racial feats like the ones in the Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races.

Yet I'm struggling to come up with ideas for every other race.

Would anyone be interested in see more feats like these?
>>
You can change one thing about each class.
Add a feature, remove one, change it entirely, alter their HP die or proficiencies, whatever.

What do you change?
>>
>>53314676
>but there's also a lot of typos and awkward phrasing.
If you're going to charge that amount of money for it, at least hire editors and clean up your wording. Otherwise lower the price and actually start being professional.

Care to post some of the statblocks?

Someone should put it in the trove.
>>
>>53314679
It's a DM fiat ability. What do you want from me?
>>
>>53314484
>spend ki
>spend ki
>spend ki?
>spend ki.

It's just a pool of spending ki. It basically sounds like WOT4E lite except with some arbitrary flat bonuses to some combat skills thrown in and artificer rituals thrown in.

The problem is that it essentially makes the monk weaker by encouraging them to not use all their ki on stunning strike and thus be kind of suboptimal.
>>
can't decide between friends, message, and minor illusion for my arcane trickster, they all seem so fun and useful

you can't swap in and out cantrips like you can spells right?
>>
>>53314589
Gishes are literally the worst thing to happen to D&D.

Their reason for nonstop homebrews is "None of the 15+ options do it quite the way I want". No other player goes on like that.
>>
>>53314768
minor illusion definitely.
>>
>>53314768
you can't, i recommend minor illusion as it can literally make up cover for you to hide behind.
>>
>>53314768
Ask your DM if you can change cantrips. But i dont think you are supposed to
>>
>>53314728
Monk gets Fighter ASI.
>>
>>53314768
Minor illusion is a lot like Prestidigitation in that it's best when used cleverly or for RP, providing no direct mechanical benefit. Friends is very good for social encounters if you don't mind pissing people off. Message is definitely more situational than either
>>
>>53314518
If you're going to charge that amount of money for it, at least hire editors and clean up your wording. Otherwise lower the price and actually start being professional.
>>
>>53314319
>Warding Hand
Something about the wording on this seems off. Did you want this to be a lay on hands Dispel Magic? Why not let it just automatically end the spell if its 1st level or lower and spending points will automatically end the next tier? Also what happens when you don't know what level the spell being cast on the person is?

>Arcane Nova
So this is just arcane divine smite. If you are going for an arcane pally then this is good.

>Arcane Censor
Small, but cool and will help out late game. Are you noted when someone tries to scry on you with this ability?

>Aura of Security
This is nice.

>Aura of Discovery
I feel like this should extend to int saves as well. Though that might be a bit too much.

>Improved Arcane Nova
See Arcane Nova

>Insulating Touch
Could we lower the duration of this? Maybe a minute? It honestly might be fine for an hour, but I feel that may need some testing.

I'm still going through it, so far it's pretty cool, have you tested it before?

>>53314327
Looking good! Can we drop the Int. to 12 or 10 to give it a weakness or is that going against the grain?
>>
>>53314078
>>53314087
>>53314096
>>53314207
Thanks for the thoughts and opinions.

On a different note, one of the other players has made jokes about boar drifting, but I have no honest clue what class would be best for that one. Though probably druid unless there's an archetype elsewhere all around mounted combat.
>>
>>53314319
>>53314892
not the original poster but I'm totally using this in my campaign against my players. They're arcane-focused super hard since one of the players hates divine casters. This would be the best thing to pit against them!
>>
>>53314957
>Using PC options as NPCs
>>
>>53314957
>They're arcane-focused super hard since one of the players hates divine casters.
Why? Is he an edgy Atheist? Please tell me his character is the one who hates the classes and it's not the player himself.
>>
>>53314371
It's great for eldritch blast spam

Pretty mediocre as a frontliner
>>
>>53314728
Rogue gets Extra Attack.
>>
Could someone please give me some opinions on the following?

Divine Blast. Ranged Spell Attack: +16 to hit, range 800 ft., one target. Hit 110 (17d12) divine damage. The divine blast ignores antimagic fields and like effects.

The creature in question is CR 30.
>>
>>53315012
I meant the character, lack of phrasing.
>>53314981
I'm using PC options as NPCs because there are other adventurers in my setting. It's set more like a competition and where other adventurers fail, the PC's step in as a backup.
>>
File: hih kwality.png (262KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hih kwality.png
262KB, 400x400px
Wasn't there a homebrew about forging/upgrading weapons and keeping them non-magical once upon a time?
>>
does anyone have that pic of that happy cartoon orc walking towards the viewer without a care in the world? I'm making an orc redemption pally and need it for the token. he might have a dunce cap on, not sure
>>
>>53314442
why do they want it? what does it give them that mobile isnt enough for?

if hide, then write a little "Sneaky" feat that does stuff like making hide a bonus action, 3/4 cover counts as full, prof in stealth maybe, +1 in dex if you feel like its too weak. idk.

if dash, tell wannabe sanic that they can get mobile, or invest in rogue or monk or barb for speed if they want it.

if disengage, mobile is a thing.
>>
File: Asshat.jpg (127KB, 758x1113px) Image search: [Google]
Asshat.jpg
127KB, 758x1113px
>>53315085
This one?
>>
>>53314371
Depends, personally I prefer to play it with weapons that can use Charisma and use my spellslots for buffs.

I'm playing an Elemental Weapon PAM build, level 6 and I attack three times per round. Twice for 1d6+4+1d4 and once for 1d4+4+1d4. Average of 29.

Of course you also have another spell slot, invocations, a shield, Hexblade Curse and whatever. Scales really well to. By level 9 there's +3d4+3 and another spell, at level 12 +15 damage and at level 14 you can throw your curse whenever.

It's not as good at being frontline based like a martial obviously but at least during low combat sessions you can use you spellslots and invocations for utility.

Also Destructive Wave.
>>
File: 1478536041017.jpg (47KB, 371x348px) Image search: [Google]
1478536041017.jpg
47KB, 371x348px
>>53314981
Why do people dislike NPC's having "PC" classes?
>>
File: burd hat.png (71KB, 326x218px) Image search: [Google]
burd hat.png
71KB, 326x218px
>>53315144
you are my savior. have a bird
>>
>>53314981
>not using PC options for NPCs
>>
>>53314442
let him swap one of his own class features
>>
>>53315157
PC classes are overloaded with the resources they need to survive many encounters. For an NPC, budgeting these out is irrelevant.
>>
>>53314981
The book kinda tells you to do that. PCs are not special snowflake anymore, anon. That's the fourth edition. They're back to be just the good old murderhobo. The lax in the alignment just proves that.
>>
>>53315046
That is within a hair of 2-shotting an average max level 20 con barbarian so just be aware nothing is going to stand a prolonged fight with that thing. That was probably your intent with CR 30 but even the tarrasque doesn't have anything quite that bullshit, even less so with the range
>>
>we're fighting a triumvirate of vampires
>one forced the ranger to kill our only actual caster
oh we're fucked.
>>
I'm dubious about the leveling of my PC, it's a bard and i want him to fight with a crossbow and spells. The other guys in the team have a warlock and a paladin. Which college i should take?
>>
>>53315157
Basically it throws a bunch of proficiencies and abilities NPC's don't need.

It's common sense if an NPC is able to read Druidic, they don't need a class ability for it.

Same as something like extra attack, you can just say they attack twice instead of writing the extra attack ability.

Second Wind, why not just give the NPC an extra 10HP?

It's mostly for simplicity but there's also a mechanical aspect. An enemy Wizard doesn't need to save spellslots because if he beats the party then game over and his wasted spells don't matter, meaning that an NPC of equal level can kick a player's ass by not holding anything back.
>>
>>53314761
I have it use Ki because its a resource that can be regained during a short rest and I can't port over all of the Swordsage mechanics from 3.5 because not only does some of the things in it not exist (Swift Actions for example), but I couldn't figure out how to do stances or maneuvers outside of the Move - Bonus Action - Action - Reaction economy.

Giving "legendary actions" to a PC sounds terrible, Maneuvers in ToB do a lot more than just what a Battlemaster Fighter does, and there was still a hard number on the times a Swordsage could do all their shit before being tapped out.

I figured tying it all into the Monk Ki system would be the best solution. I'm already breaking some 5e tenants by allowing some of the abilities to not require a Concentration check.
>>
File: Kizunt without the iz.png (288KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Kizunt without the iz.png
288KB, 604x453px
>>53315167
Your bird is nothing compared to mine
>>
File: Caravan.png (2MB, 1597x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Caravan.png
2MB, 1597x1038px
Does anyone else think it's very weird that according to Volo's, an entire Mind Flayer colony is required to transform a creature into a Thrall, taking hours and shit, while the GOOlock just has to touch an incapacitated humanoid?

I mean, Mind Flayers already get the once a day Dominate Monster but that shit takes concentration, only lasts for an hour and gives additional saves while the warlock feature gives no additional saves or time limits.

The real question I guess would be, how the fuck does a lone Illithid sets up a colony by itself (as in many settings in the past) only with the current lore/mechanics given in 5e?

http://themonstersknow.com/mind-flayer-tactics/
http://themonstersknow.com/mind-flayers-revisited/
Some stuff on the subject...
>>
>>53315217
>some of the things in it not exist (Swift Actions for example),
what's a bonus action lmao
>>
>>53315237
You're talking about a level 20 feature where you basically have an eldritch horror on speed-dial to make his brain slugs mind rape an individual of your choice. No shit it's going to be strong
>>
>>53315157
1. Experienced players have more of an edge because they know what's probably coming.
2. It comes off as unoriginal, 'Here's my original character, do not murderhobo him' sometimes, rather than following NPC rules.
3. Players are glass cannons, effectively, if it's player versus player.
4. Speaking of which, the system isn't designed so well for player versus player. Especially since, say, paladins would have a bajillion burst damages but then a rogue doesn't have any burst.

I don't know, maybe missed something but that's mostly it.
>>
>>53315237
Off the top of my head I'd say that a Warlocks Thrall isn't a thrall of the Warlock so much as it is a thrall of whatever being the Warlock serves. Just that control of it's given to the Warlock and the Patron can make thralls through the Warlock.
>>
>>53315260
And that's what I ended up using for some of the abilities; they trigger on spending Ki and using a Bonus Action.

But in 3.5 you had stuff like movement, "minor" action, attack action, free action, AoO, swift action, and some other stuff that was situational.
>>
>>53315237
Mind flayer thralls are not the same as warlock thralls. Iirc warlock thralls are only charmed. Mind flayer thralls are slaves, body and mind.
>>
>>53315157
Because whoever wins initiative wins the fight. Seriously most PC's can reduce an equal leveled PC to 0HP instantly.

Giving class levels to a handful of NPC's can work. The DMG example of a Werewolf with 4 levels in Barbarian is a good one, the party is likely much higher then 4th level but the abilities provide some power that could make it a boss creature with unique abilities that shows it's something special.
>>
>>53315237
They're aberrations. They are aberrant. That's how they do everything they do. By not being possible even by fantasy standards. Gygax invented them based in a story using Cthulhu mythos, and so far their origin story is completely convoluted to the point that they might be creatures from the future that time travelled, or denizens of the Far Realm.
Don't think about it too much. Just accept that they are horrifying and will get you.
>>
File: Illithid.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Illithid.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53315263
Create Thrall is a 14th level Feature so about the same as an 8th level spell (at 15th level),
but i guess >>53315272 this makes sense, yeah.
>>53315313
But it really beg the question of how entrepreneuring mind flayers manage to set their own lairs and shit. Do they live their hives with an "Instant-Thrall" starter kit and then struggle to get more than a handful of commoners/kuo-toas?

For alien evil masterminds, all geniuses of their own ability, it seems like a very roundabout and tedious way to subvert entire empires...

>>53315361
Get me? No, no, no, all but the opposite...
>>
>>53314761
The Artificer ritual thing is actually not a callback to that; the class in 3.5 could do that at/around 6th level, with the intent behind it being that they can perform a meditation ritual to figure out what powers (if any) the weapons they find might contain, so they can use it better in battle.
>>
>>53314319
>>53314892
Continuing

Discovery
>Academy Spells
Good!

>Channel Arcana
Both are fine, I can't think of anything right this second breaking from casting a ritual spell as a bonus action.

>Perceive Illusions
How about advantage instead of instant successes?

>Decentralization
Interesting...What if you get hit by feeblemind?

>Enlightenment
What feature makes it so I can't use this ability until a long rest? Is it the concentration one that needs to be clarified.

Protection

>Spells
Good!

>Channel Arcana
Arcane Ward is good, I like that you have to get close to fix it.
Arcane Wall seems really powerful, can you shape the wall into a box or down an alleyway? Have you playtested this one?

>Rapid Shielding
This is fine. Ranged uncanny dodge for allies on failed saving throw on a spell not too bad.

>Bulwark
Yikes, maybe make it spells only or a damage type instead of all first instances of damage.

>Barrier Overflow
This is a crazy capstone, become immortal for 1 minute basically. Lower the temporary HP gained, and don't make it recoverable, you already half the first instance of damage on you.
>>
>>53315389
>Creatures of the Underdark
>Not having Superior Darkvision of 120ft.
>>
>>53315389
id imagine a single mind flayer is like a single bee. it just dies.
>>
I know that this is probably asked a lot, but what's a good set of rules to apply for a PC vampire at high levels that doesn't remove him from the campaign?

One of the players was LG but went through his character arc and ended up LN. They're currently level 13 and staying in a city for a while and his best friend in the city is a Vampire who's also a Wizard they met. Basically a bro-mance going on between them.

I figured that it's logical the Vampire would want to make his best friend a Vampire as well so that he doesn't get lonely when the Player Wizard dies and also as a gift.

Looking at the rules it seems OP as fuck. I'd probably tell the player he's getting more Evil based desires and leave the alignment change to him but I'm not sure what to give him for abilities that isn't broken.
>>
how few encounters can you level up a party of 1s with traditional split XP gain?
>>
Question for you guys. What feat should I take on a new Cleric character; Magic Initiate or War Caster?
>>
>>53315389
Illithids don't subvert entire empires. That's what Yuan-ti does. Illithid rule the Underdark, clashing Aboleths for total control. Drows, Duergars and Deep Gnomes are fodder here. They're just not smart enough to realize that.
>>
>>53315191
To be fair, the tarrasque is really poorly designed CR 30 monster.
>>
>>53315457
Being such a young vampire he gets nothing, it only begins taking hold after the campaign.
>>
>>53315465
War Caster's pretty much pointless compared to Resilient because of the item interaction rules.

What type of Cleric?
>>
>>53315457
Wizards don't become vampires. That's for the low-tier people. Wizards become Liches. Who needs blood, when you can consume souls?
>>
>>53315191
Well it's meant to be the avatar of a greater deity, a CR 20 isn't going to measure up too well compared to it.

The tarrasque is really disappointing as far as end level content is concerned, a better comparison would be to Tiamat and I plan on rebuilding her.
>>
>>53314892
I'm unsure of how soon I'll be able to test it.

Warding Hand is as weak as it is because it's much more versatile than Disease/Poison curing. You need to pick a disease/poison with that too, but it doesn't make you think about it as much. Adding an additional clause could make it more clunky and wordy.

Insulating Touch is a replacement on the other hand for Paladin's dispel magic, it should have some power.
With 1 hr duration it's better action economy by being more pre-buffable and since it's better to pre-buff with it can be put on everyone prior.
With a 1 min duration it's a huge callout ability that might not even be worth it when staring down an Ancient Dragon compared to just novaing it.

The thing that worries me most at the moment is Arcane Ward from Protection. At 16 Con and averaged health you have +33% more HP than someoen who uses all Lay on Hands to heal themselves. But you can also pre-buff your Warding Hand, and Arcane Ward for superior action economy. Reducing the duration makes it clunky, but reducing the health from x5 makes it less simple. Not only does it become less familiar (near identical) to the Wizard version but it gets rid of the simplicity of "5x Warding hand, and Arcane Ward". The Wall tries to keep it simple too being 15 AC, and 15x HP. The more random the numbers become the further it strays from 5e design. I'll figure something out after testing.
>>
>>53315485
That's actually a good idea, I could just stick Sunlight Sensitivity and maybe a +2 to Str, Dex and Con. I plan to give the entire party some sort of small boon as well, just he's the first to present a good oppertunity for one.

>>53315496
Werewolves>>>>>>>Liches>Vampires. On a coolness scale of course.
>>
>>53315527
One major thing I didn't note is that anything I might add to one place necessitates a nerf somewhere else. Aura of Security is as weak as it is compared to Aura of Protection in an attempt to balance. Buffing a core ability like Warding Hand would bring a question of what must be nerfed.
>>
File: ffc.png (234KB, 840x708px) Image search: [Google]
ffc.png
234KB, 840x708px
>>53315530
>Werewolves at the top
This guy gets it
>>
>>53315191
>>53315524
Is the ignoring of antimagic fields too much?
>>
>>53315610
>>53315530
Come on, they're the rednecks of the supernatural world!
>>
>>53315646
And the bad part is where?
>>
>>53315646
werewolves are hunks
>>
>>53314728
> Barbs get fighting style, not sure what to change for it though.
>>
>>53314728
Sorcerers can use SP to change the elemental type of their spells.
>>
>>53315402
I've considered making the wall less thick to avoid the whole 5ft hallway issue. That's usually an auto win for abusive PCs anyway, but it doesn't really need 15*24*level health worth of blockade.
>>
>>53314518
>$15
For basically just updating old content
Shitty editing

HAHA no.
>>
Is thief the weakest out of rogue archetypes?
>>
>>53315646
Look at this lich nerd, look at him and laugh. Everyone knows werewolves are the Chads.
>>
Level 9 Hexblade crits on a 19-20 with cursebringer, spends a 5th level spellslot

Is that smite damage double? Fucking 20d8?
>>
>>53315821
If you roll to attack, then you can crit. And if you crit you roll the dice twice. So if whatever the hell this thing is and it deals 10d8, then yes, it will deal 20d8.
>>
>>53312937
Honestly tried this. Gave my players carving knives and big monsters to fight, the campaign fell through because I couldnt stand playing with like 3/6 players.
>>
>>53315821
Yes. The nova potential for them is glorious, only really balanced by what few spell slots they get.
>>
>>53315764
"Weakest" really depends on the campaign focus.
>>
>>53315764
Will your DM allow for you to actually burglar around, then no.
>>
>>53315863
>>53315873
Beautiful

What if you multiclassed Paladin 2 levels for their smite?

Could you cursebringer smite and paladin smite on the same attack, if you were to spend a spell slot on each of them?

There is no action or reaction needed to smite with either and you aren't casting a spell
>>
>>53315729
I like the way you think.
>>
>>53315916
Not only that, but you could cast a Paladin smite-spell, crit, and palysmite as you hexsmote.
>>
>>53315527
>>53315605
Whew, I hope you can find some time cause I'm worried about the tanky nature of the Protection one.

Nullification

>Spells
Good.

>Channel Arcanas
Okay... Nullification Zone is a check not a save making it even harder to cast spells on targets inside, again I think a playtest is in order for that. For Nullification Scar is it all spells that target that creature? Like can a wizard cast fireball on them while under the scar to avoid the save or is it all spells require saves while dealing with the marked target?

>Nullification Aura
The wording is confusing, while this aura is active does it stop casters from targeting those locations? Also does the 30 ft. increase affect the Nullification Zone ability as well?

>Nullified Mind
Okay... it's powerful but it makes sense.

>Null Entity
Flavor wise this is awesome, terrifying in fact. I assume no concentration on the Antimagic Field's cast on others right?

I really like this class, but I feel like you need to test it before anything else. Good luck anon!
>>
>>53315764
It's the strongest of the rogue archetypes.
Fast Hands expands your kit in a way that is always available to be called upon, whereas Assassin is based on extremely specific conditions and AT uses a small amount of long rest refreshing resources. Second Story Work adds extremely fast vertical movement to your arsenal (double dash up a wall at full speed!). Supreme Sneak means you'll be rolling stealth with advantage most of the time, and if you're playing the rogue, chances are the party has been using you as a stealthbot to scout ahead and see what they're going against. Then they get Use Magic Device, which lets you use every spell scroll from every spell list without even having to roll for success. If there's no wizard in the party then every spellbook pilfered and every scroll found will go to you by default, and if your GM is using the downtime UA, you'll be able to get spell scrolls for cantrips for around 25gp a pop (pretty cheap at 13th level) and be the ultimate cantrip utility man. Mold Earth, Guidance, Minor Illusion? All at your disposal.
>>
When you look at all other channel divinities basically none of them are defensive. You have turning, and restrains, but none of them are straight up defense. Arcanist's Wall is based off Mystic's wall, but I haven't gotten to play test and try and abuse that yet. One thing you can do with it is put it down a hallway, and make people squeeze through. I think I will probably end up making the entire wall have one lifebar.

In general Protection should be tankier than any paladin, but it's not like other Paladins outside of some UA/Oathbreaker have very powerful offensive divinities either. For the most part the auras of the class have been made worse for the divinities to be better, but eventually they'll receive some change since you can't balance a level 3 ability by hurting a level 7 ability.

The reason why Nullification is an ability check off their spellcasting instead of a saving throw is that it changes the check to whatever they're best at.

Nullification Scar only checks when it is applied, and at the beginning of your turn. They're not immune to magic. Instantaneous effects wouldn't be able to be resolving at either of those moments. Any spell effect on them would have to be a duration, a buff, or lasting zone. I feel like adding flavor text along the lines of "purging them of buffs, and making it hard for them to cast" but with more in-style wording.

It only increases the range of the aura.

When you're considered "under the effect" of a spell there's no concentration involved. See the lvl 15 Devotion ability for a close example.

Thanks for the feedback.
>>
File: CEVZ44UWEAIVpzm.png (96KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
CEVZ44UWEAIVpzm.png
96KB, 256x256px
So I'm rolling up a support character for my first ever 5e game soon, and I'm wondering which rest-and-recovery themed feat contributes more to the party's general survivability: Medic, which allows everyone to roll max on their first hit die of a short rest; or Gourmand, which allows everyone to regain two additional hit dice at the end of a long rest. I'm not famiiar enough with the way rests play out in game to make a solid comparison of the two. Which would you say is better, or, at least, which would you rather your support specialist have?
>>
>>53315988
see
>>53316265
>>
>>53316286
I wanted to help you but then I realised I've never experienced a short rest since I started playing last year.
S-sorry.
>>
>>53316348
Congrats, you win the award for making the most pointless post in the entire thread.
>>
>>53316394
WOOHOO
>>
>>53316348
Well at the very least I appreciate you're desire to help. Thank you.
>>
>>53312817
Anyone ever used /lfg on Reddit? I've posted 3 times for offline groups in my city, and each time these people who respond flake or quit responding.

I have yet to find a group outside of library-run games, which are pretty adolescent.
>>
>>53316460
I'd go with the second one, maybe, if your party are taking a lot of rests...
B-bye...
>>
>>53316603
>Stuttering
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>53316169
I've been meaning to ask this. If a Thief had Tavern Brawler would that let him be proficient in Alchemists Fire? Meaning they could Sneak Attack with it?
>>
>>53314892
I was re-reading, and understood your warding hand comment. I added a clause that causes you to learn the level of spells, if any, affecting it.
>>
>>53315191
And how much damage is the 20th barb doing?
>>
How do you describe a breath weapon? I always image them to light up to the corresponding power before it is unleash like godzilla.
>>
File: Cometfall.png (36KB, 1122x327px) Image search: [Google]
Cometfall.png
36KB, 1122x327px
>>53313050
Almost done, I have 2 more items left to make.

Here is a magic greataxe.

For some context, this item was formed from the gemstone like material of one of many meteorites that fell and destroyed multiple empires and civilizations in my world.

All feedback is as always appreciated.
>>
File: Adult Copper Dragon.png (121KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Adult Copper Dragon.png
121KB, 256x256px
>>53317122
As energy and light concentrating around the dragon's mouth,and then a sudden REEEEEE as the dragon attacks
>>
>>53317285
That border is horrendous.
>>
>>53317256
Both Cometfall and Earthfall sound like made up terms and that's bad.
>>
>>53317372
But they're pretty fantastic sounding names though.
>>
>>53317382
Fantastic as in appropriate in a fantasy game?
I suppose, but they just sound super artificial.
>>
File: 1370470990522.png (76KB, 247x215px) Image search: [Google]
1370470990522.png
76KB, 247x215px
>use Ice Knife
>roll a fucking nat 1
>hit our paladin in the back
God fucking dammit. I hate getting shit rolls.
>>
>>53317406
Paizo named the event where the aboleths crashed a meteor into Golarion, Earthfall.
>>
>>53317450
>le crit fail meme
Take a big steaming shit on your DM's lap.
>>
>>53317459
Asteroid* rather.
>>
>>53315438
while they have darkvision 120 in the book, they don't have sunlight sensibility so i think it's more balanced that way.
>>
>>53317459
That is exactly what the weapon is referencing.
>>
>>53317450
How the fuck does that happen with a nat 1? If the knife was actually ice I'd say it shatters into whatever you were trying stab with a chance of fixing it later or something. If not then you just miss. But seriously, why do people take nat 1s as a chance to COMPLETELY fuck someone over?
>>
File: Donkey_Kong_Down_aerial_SSBM.png (373KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_Down_aerial_SSBM.png
373KB, 640x480px
I really like Crit Fails but my DM (and I, when I do DM) never go so far as to make them self-damaging, or damaging an ally. The worst thing they might do is make you fall prone.

If it's an attack, more times than not it'll just be about describing the miss in a spectacular way. If it's a skill check, the consequences might be more dire. Like if you crit fail a STR check to lift something, then you throw out your back because you lifted it wrong and the hernia gives you disadvantage on STR checks for the next hour. Crit failing an Persuasion check will only convince the NPC that the opposite is true, and that you're trying to cover it up.

But self-damage and damaging allies, that's bullshit.
>>
>>53317459
>a corporation named the fantasy thing
It shows. People in game that are aware of the event would never use such a term. An NPC would say "earthfall sounds stupid I'll just call it something else". Evens Skyfall sounds more appropriate but that would probably have invited a copyright lawsuit.
And naming the weapon itself Cometfall is pretty redundant.
>>
>>53317122
They inhale and then blast it out, my understanding is breathe weapons are natural.
>>
>>53317464
My dm is cool tho
>>53317493
You throw the knife and it shatters when it hits or missing. I was aiming at the enemy but right behind our paladin who's short because he's half rat. Our other players got a nat 1 and his fire bolt blew up in his face and dealt him damage.
>>
File: 1487144283998.png (11KB, 785x273px) Image search: [Google]
1487144283998.png
11KB, 785x273px
>>53315916
Time to pull out this one again.
>>
>>53317450
Once in a blue moon I have a nat 1 do something funny but it never results in damage unless it's like a climb check you might fuck up bad then.
>>
>>53317562
>He's half rat

I would have done it on purpose
>>
>>53317537
What would you name it, oh creative genius that you are.
>>
>>53317450
First of all, if you want to both treating a crit fail on an attack as anything more then a miss you should have a real set of rules. For a Ranged attack like Ice Knife I'd treat it as the knife sailing past your target and making an attack against the next creature. So that the chance of actually hitting an ally is low.

That said kill yourself.

>>53317503
Crit fails on an attack roll should be just what you said, a fuck up. It's not just the enemy blocking or dodging, it's you making a mistake. So over extending yourself, nearly tripping or a bit or ground giving way are good ways to describe it.

Skill checks can't crit fail and it's retarded to do so. If there's no chance of them failing the check then you don't bother with the check, if there is a chance of them failing then you don't need to represent that.

Fucking up a lock while trying to pick it is already damaging enough to moving on so why would you fuck up the Rogue's Thieves' Tools?
>>
File: 1470950205250.png (628KB, 760x715px) Image search: [Google]
1470950205250.png
628KB, 760x715px
>>53317450
>NAT
>ONE
>BAY BEE
>>
>Mike Mearls
>Druid - I'd make shapeshifting more central, maybe scale casting back to paladin or rogue level, use a nature domain for the guy with a scimitar and shield

apart from a scimitar and shield circle, the idea of ruining the druids spell casting abilities sounds stupid.
>>
File: 1434780105545.jpg (100KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1434780105545.jpg
100KB, 640x440px
>>53317650
>cut Druid's nature spellcasting back to 5th level
>so at 9th level the person to use all those nature spells would be...??????
>>
File: 1353121552581.jpg (18KB, 438x428px) Image search: [Google]
1353121552581.jpg
18KB, 438x428px
>>53317503
I do whatever feels silliest, i've had the player's hit their allies many times, though it's never even one time put anybody down.

also

>ranger in the party sacrificed himself and retired the character with permadeath cause he flat out said how bad the beastmaster sucked balls.

yeah it's shit, revised looks great.
>>
>Be paladin, oath of devotion
>Meet another paladin of my religion
>From first impression, he's a bit too zealous.
>From necessity, have to adventure with him for quite a while and get to know him better.
>With horror, I learn that he's basically this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

Is this a good reason to start thinking about a career change? If my god thinks that butchers and maniacs make for good champions, maybe I'm a champion of a bad cause.
>>
>>53317650
I wish druid shapeshifting was an archetype choice, not something all druids get
>>
>>53317620
>Skill checks can't crit fail and it's retarded to do so. If there's no chance of them failing the check then you don't bother with the check, if there is a chance of them failing then you don't need to represent that.

What about an Acrobatics check to make a complex maneuver across a chasm, like jumping across hopscotch-esque pillars? If you fail, then you would obviously fall into the chasm, and take fall damage when you hit the bottom. That's an obvious penalty.

I guess it's about whether people prefer discrete or continuous approaches to whether something should fail or succeed.
>>
>>53317650
I agree. If I play as a druid, I want to play as a druid, not a shapeshifting gish.
>>
>>53317537
Not them, is Lightfall a good name.
>>
>>53317684
>not playing Revised Ranger

that was his first mistake. how long ago did he make his character? why did he not remake them when they found out about the revised ranger?

PH Ranger is so bad, it's like a joke. The way they clumsily merged control of both the player character and the animal companion into one action is terrible.
>>
>>53317537
What would you name it anon? Cometfall was the first thing that came to mind when I thought about it, so it's not the greatest thing in the world.

Also anything wrong with what it does? Too strong or anything like that?
>>
i dm for a party that consists of a rogue, fighter, warlock, and sorcerer. as you can see, they lack a consistent source of healing.

I want to introduce a DMPC Cleric so that they don't die, but if I'm simultaneously controlling the enemies trying to kill them and the character trying to keep them alive, I feel like that would create this weird conflict of interest that would be hard to play around.

What do you guys suggest? Other than being more generous with healing items.
>>
>>53317753
Give them a NPC healer hireling, let them decide how the NPC acts in combat.
Give them one or more magical items that do healing things.
Do both of the above at once by giving them a magical artifact that can cast healing spells on them in combat.

I'm personally fond of a magical bird statuette that sings healing songs.
>>
>>53317685
It could also be he's a bad champion, ever thought of that one? If any decent DM was in charge that type of paladin would have fallen. Especially a devotion paladin, challenge him on his disregard for life and stop if need be.
>>
File: 1487059709179.png (244KB, 507x607px) Image search: [Google]
1487059709179.png
244KB, 507x607px
>>53317637
>tfw I have to hold in a groan any time someone rolls a 20
Yeah you automatically hit and did another 1 damage woopie, but you didn't win the god damn Olympics.
>>
Any good class synergy for lizardfolk race?
>>
>>53317840
No, lizardfolk are a shitty race because their racial features don't match with each other, let alone any class

They're like mountain dwarves in that regard
>>
>>53317840
Yeah the trash race
>>
File: 1489432991309.jpg (43KB, 547x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489432991309.jpg
43KB, 547x720px
>>53317685
This is when you stop him just before he massacres an innocent village or something, then fight him one on one to the death. Kill him and renounce your faith. Live a few months as an Oathbreaker (even stay one if it suits you) before finding redemption in a new faith to defeat an evil champion of your old god before he, too, kills countless innocents in the name of religion. Then live the rest of your life not as an oathbreaker, but an oathkeeper of a new oath, gods be damned. Not an oath of religious zealotry, but an oath for the common folk.

Become an Anti-Paladin or a Death Knight whose Oath is to end all contemptable zealots in the world. Become pic related.
>>
>>53317840
Cleric or druid, most notably. Monk and ranger are okay with them, too.
>>
>>53317840
>bite attack that substitutes for an unarmored strike
>"Oh, hey maybe it'll be a good low-level monk before the damage starts ramp-"
>scale AC doesn't stack with Unarmored Defense
>>
>>53313002
Pic related is a huge NORMAL BOAR

Now imagine a "dire boar" or one of those huge beasts that used to roam kings forests in the dark ages.
>>
So is eldrich Knight basically a melee caster with 25+ AC and some CC?

What's so good about it besides the insane AC?
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 500x286px
>>53317911
Fucking hell...
>>
File: 1446653862835.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1446653862835.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>53317712
>PHB Ranger takes a wolf as a pet
>gets +2 to hit or whatever, and has to use the Ranger's attack to do anything
>Druid takes Conjure Animals
>creates EIGHT wolves that all attack on their own initiative, ripping anything to shreds
>>
>>53317840
They make good DEX Clerics, Druids and Rangers.
>>
>>53317831
>JBP meme
My bucko
>>
>>53317939
>normal
>>
>>53317753
Let them take short rests. The fighter, and warlock want one anyway.
>>
I'm hoping to get some ideas for new races.

So far I have catfolk, mousekin, a rolly polly race, cephalids, and a ghostlike race that can shift in and out of corporeal form
>>
>>53318032
Redundant, ratshit, why, wannabe illithids, and broken.
>>
>>53318032
>I'm hoping to get some ideas for new races.
Here's an idea - don't.
>>
File: warforged 00 (THE iconic image).jpg (44KB, 382x742px) Image search: [Google]
warforged 00 (THE iconic image).jpg
44KB, 382x742px
>>53318032
>>
>>53318046
Someone wanted to be a cat, redwall, its interesting, seafaring campaign, and corporeal form takes extra physical damage, ghost form takes extra elemental and psychic damage
>>
>>53317735
Not that anon, but some names I got:
>Starfall axe
>Star Drinker
>Far Realm axe
>Old One's Bane
>Old One's axe
>>
>>53318085
Already a cat race, is 6/10, isn't interesting, OP in a seafaring campaign, still broken
>>
>>53318087
There's are pretty bad not gonna lie.
>>
File: 1490986360785.jpg (15KB, 560x448px) Image search: [Google]
1490986360785.jpg
15KB, 560x448px
>>53318125
It's what you get when someone's drunk
>>
>>53318147
Star Drinker's not bad though.
>>
>>53318087
Star Drinker sounds like ale, but I don't hate Starfall.
>>
>>53314340
Your wrong
>>
>>53318311
Not him but first it's you're and second care to explain?
>>
>>53318311
>5 hours later
ok
>>
>>53318433
Well form example the immortal order allows you go from meh in taking damage to being a absolute bitch to kill and good in melee.
>>
>>53318433
Phone posting auto correct keeps coming back on.
>>
>>53318479
I know that feel
>>
How does one go about crafting a Sloth-based player race?
>>
>>53317572
what am i seeing here?
>>
>>53318499
You don't, because it wouldn't do anything and therefore wouldn't end be adventuring.
>>
>>53318499
>Hey DM, being chaotic neutral isn't good enough for me, can i instead play a being embodying the concept of chaos without regard for good or evil?
>>
>>53318506
Autism, pure concentrated autism is what you're seeing here.
>>
>>53318049
Can someone homebrew me a fighting class, and a human race? I'm feeling exotic today.
>>
>>53317572
This isn't what 5e is about.
>>
>>53318531
EK and variant human. Done, you lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>53318554
>mix two chemicals, and display a compound
>that's not what nature is about!!!!
Sue me.
>>
>>53318580
It really isn't, you goddamn autist. If you want a spreadsheet simulator go play PF. I'm sure you can masturbate to numbers using that.
>>
>>53318617
>the game isn't about numbers, that's why I focus on the numbers so much
kys triggered brainlet
>>
>>53317735
How about a Sky Sliver?
>>
>>53318634
The game really isn't about numbers, if you want to masturbate to numbers because no one likes you, go play PF.
But keep up with your concentrated autism.
>>
>>53318651
That's still shit.
>>
>>53318651
Hmmm, try again. This feels more like a bow name.
>>
File: big_1473918072_image.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1473918072_image.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Help me out here /tg/

>Playing a Fiend Warlock
>Jerkass Great Great Great etc. Grandfather sold the soul of ever firstborn in our family for political power
>Want to get out of contract
>Decide that I'll need to Plane Shift into Hell (So I'll need to be level 13 minimum) to find and destroy my contract, not only for myself but for my entire family line

And here's where the problem lies. In this setting, Planeshift will only work on the first level of hell, and he bumped the Contract layer down to like second from the bottom.

So my issue is, how could I find my contract among the millions in what's probably going to be some Harry Potter bullshit shifting labyrinth of a library, what could destroy something like a demonic contract, and what are some general ways we could prepare for a campaign in Hell? We theorized that Scrying might work to find the contract since it has a bit of my Soul in it.

We don't have a wizard, and I'm the only full caster in the party, but we have a rouge with that subclass that lets it have Use Magic Device, so if we can find a wizard we can just have Scrolls made
>>
>>53317735
So, if i understand the fluff behind this weapon, it's a comet that fell to the Material Plane and wrecked a bunch of shit.

I mean... not many things tend to hit the Material Plane because it's supposed to be protected by both an atmosphere and deities doing their job right.

If it was SUMMONED to hit (ala Sephiroth + Meteor) then maybe it's actually from the Far Realm, and it's this aetherial metal that goes from some sort of silver-green, to getting black flecks (Awakened), to a starry night sky complete with Aurora Borealis (Exalted).

If it were me, and I was doing the above, I'd name it the following:

- Night's Execution
- Cleaver of the Sky
- The Veil of Beyond
- Beyond the Night
- Ygrasath the Fallen
- The Night Shard

Note, I never said the names would be good.
>>
>>53318778
>how could I find my contract among the millions
Well some devil is bound to know, you'll just have to work your way up to one maybe even your patron
>>
>>53318682
To come out of nowhere like some fundamentalist retard, and spouting your unsolicitated hate for numbers despite in the next line heralding the game BECAUSE of it's numbers, I can only imagine the levels of paranoia, and hate for some other system you must have to be able to contradict yourself to that degree, and not even have a second thought about what you just posted.
>>
>>53318801
I like Night's Execution and Cleaver of the Sky.
>>
>>53318801
These are pretty bad.

>>53318749
Cometfall is good.
What about the Starsfall?
>>
>>53318836
Holy shit, curb your severe autism. There's no need to sperg out like a severely autistic retard.
>>
>>53318864
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>53318836
What the goddamn fuck are you blathering about, you dribbling retard.
>>
>>53318836
I hate to point this out but no where did that anon herald the game because of it's numbers, he just said your post is not what 5e is about.

Inb4 I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>53318867
I do have lots of friends, but we aren't severely autistic.
>>
>>53318854
>Starfall
Shoot, yeah that's what I gotta call it. It's too perfect and matches with the lore of Earthfall and stuff.

>>53318801
I still like these names some of them sound like special ability names, but Starfall works too well with the weapon.
>>
>>53318836
Maybe try playing a roleplaying game.
>>
>>53318877
The whole "I picked up this game for the mathematical system being better than PF" part.

You don't seem to have a good understanding of how people put themselves into groups, and make common concepts beholden to one group socially, while putting equal if not more emphasis on it themselves.

You know about iPhones and Androids? My iPhone just works. It's streamlined, and has a clean interface. Androids try and emphasize customization, and an open source. Want something streamlined? Are you an applefag? Want more open source? Should you go back to Android general?

You seem to place a numerical system as a thing beholden to broken, non functional systems like PF, and 3.5, where in reality the numerical system is still a massive integral part of both games, it's only been streamlined. It's precisely that dipshit attitude fueled by paranoia for some other system that leads to the streamlined status being put in jeopardy. It's random garbage numbers that make the game full of bad UAs.
>>
>>53318968
Are you okay?
>>
>>53318968
We bear witness to a momentous occasion, a severe autist having a brain aneurysm.
>>
File: 1470940991207.png (360KB, 750x690px) Image search: [Google]
1470940991207.png
360KB, 750x690px
What are the best worded ways to use Suggestion?

I'm not a creative man.
>>
File: 1492198395862.png (580KB, 524x504px) Image search: [Google]
1492198395862.png
580KB, 524x504px
>>53318985
>>53318997
Is this how you interact? Don't reply if you're here for the "Snide attitude means I win." meme.
>>
>>53318985
>>53318997
Not him but I think I get what he's saying, he's just flipping his shit about it.

I think what he's basically saying is "I prefer to do number crunching in 5e".
>>
>>53319019
Jesus christ, are you for real?

>>53319020
Then he fundamentally fails to understand what 5e is. 5e, more than any of its predecessors, is not about numbers or number crunching, at all.
>>
File: visible confusion.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>53318968
>>
>>53319009
What, suggestion is so easy to use.
It's just a jedi mind trick.
One that can have orders spanning 8 hours.
>>
>>53319059
I've never played with this DM and I want to have some good ones. I can't tell how hard my DM will enforce the "Reasonable suggestion" thing.
>>
>>53319009
"You will play a martial as casting spells appears to be too thought-intensive for you."
>>
>>53319102
That didn't work, I've got Wisdom Save Proficiency.

Also I can make them up on the fly easy enough but I'm just wondering if anyone has some good generic ones that'll always be useful and are worth the 2nd level slot.
>>
>>53319073
The example is that a knight give her warhorse to the first beggar she meets. As long as it's not life threatening or too complicated pretty much anything goes. The "Sound Reasonable" thing only means you have to sound cheery when you say it.

>"Aw dude, wouldn't it be cool if you just started shooting lightning bolts into the air with as much magic as you could?"
>"I hear sour cream is great for your skin. You should dump that bucket of it on the head of that guy with acne over there"
>"Yeah, you should totally get a mortgage on your house! Think of what you could do with that extra money!"

Keep in mind if you use it in combat your GM might rule most actions to be considered harmful to them if it doesn't involve running away or defending themselves
>>
>>53319141
I was thinking about ones that could effectively remove someone from the fight without sending them running for reinforcements. Off the top of my head this seems alright.

>You're outnumbered and going to lose here, surrender so you can survive this

Is that an acceptable one against an average humanoid?
>>
>>53319009
>"Oh come on Mr.Guard, you know we didn't rob that bus full of Nuns. Obviously it was that guy over there, dude looks shifty as hell"
>"The balance on this weapon is all screwed up and the pommel is scratched. The sword is crap and I'll only pay half price for it"
>"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
>>
>>53319165
That sounds reasonable. Works even better if he's a leader of some sort, so he can tell his men to stand down. Worth a shot at least
>>
>>53319171
>>"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
This will come in handy, I can feel it.

Also is there any situation where using any illusion or enchantment spell on another PC where I won't be that guy? There's a Revenant Oathbreaker in the party who has tried to start fights with other party members and I've already said next time he tries to attack me I'm going to do something about it.

Seems like sending him swimming into the ocean for 8 hours in a straight line or even just calming him enough to take his weapons and armour might be a little bit over the top.
>>
File: Scaling Magic Items WIP.pdf (720KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Scaling Magic Items WIP.pdf
720KB, 1x1px
>>53313050
Update!

>http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1m7nEU8eZ

>Starfall, The Cleaver of the Sky
Added!

(Thanks, anon's for the name!)
>>
>>53319165
>>53319185
Be careful!
As soon as he finishes your suggestion, the spell ends. As soon as the baddie finishes surrendering, he might realize that it's a good opportunity to trick you, or retaliate immediately.
You want to suggest a course of action that is continuous.
>>
>>53319219
>Seems like sending him swimming into the ocean for 8 hours in a straight line
I think this would qualify as harmful to him. Since it's plainly suicide by drowning due to exhaustion.

Well actually maybe not, since he's a revenant. It might check out.
>>
>>53319288
He's got a bitchin' STR and CON and I don't know the rules for them but does he even need to breathe?

Point is the rest of the party and the DM have agreed they're sick of this and if he does something no one cares if we retaliate as long as it isn't too bad. Mind Control seems like one of those no-go zones on other PC's.
>>
How many games of dnd are you guys apart of? How often do you play
>>
>>53319309
I believe revenants are basically whatever race they are, and they are technically living. It's just they're basically immortal in that if they die, they come back until their task is complete. So if he dies in the middle of the ocean he will respawn the next day... in the ocean.

I dunno. Seems harmful even if he's a revenant. I wouldn't allow it, and as you mention, Mind Control is pretty much a no-go unless everyone is cool with it or it's not used for malicious reasons but for fun.

Your best bet is to talk to him out of the game and tell him what's up. If his character is kinda angsty (fuck these people), you can still deal with it in a way that's less annoying than him literally trying to hurt other players. Losing your temper at another character is fine, suggest maybe he just storms off or gives that other character the silent treatment. But because the party will help him complete his task he knows he has to make up, and he begrudgingly does so. That could make for actually funny and interesting party dynamic.

If out of character he's just a dick of a player, and no one enjoys him, you might need to just ask him to leave.
>>
File: GREAT FLAMING EYE BROWS.png (258KB, 397x331px) Image search: [Google]
GREAT FLAMING EYE BROWS.png
258KB, 397x331px
So, I'm playing as a fighter champion due to my campaign.

I'm used to playing as casters and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing and everyone else has access to spells.

How do I even begin to compete everyone else?
>>
New thread

>>53319410
>>
>>53319329
I DM for a campaign that's almost been going for a year. We *just* lost the first character and it was pretty metal. Players are determined to dive into the sea of souls and rescue him from his fate. Should make for a fun arc.

I also am a part of a series of one-shots with another group where we always use the same characters. So it's basically just episodic, and we rotate DMs. It's a blast. We adhere a lot to rule of cool in that group. The idea is also to level up quite quickly (basically once every quest), so we can quickly make new characters and enjoy playing new things. We've probably done 12 sessions and our characters are at level 8. When we hit level 20, we'll start over at level 1 again after we enjoy "endgame" for a bit.
>>
>>53319411
Half-Elf Barbarian 2/Champion X and take Elven Accuracy. Use a Greataxe.
>>
>>53319423
>Elven Accuracy
I still don't know why you faggots always suggest UA.
>>
>>53319444
Because it's a suggestion on how to make a character, we don't know what he can and can't use right now. If he says he can't use UA or multiclassing of course we can offer suggestions for that.
>>
>>53319457
Just seems silly though.
>Hey play this unofficial material oh and also multiclass with it when it says at the top it's not balanced with that in mind
>>
>>53319486
And the idea of not allowing things just because someone told you they're unbalanced rather then looking at hard-numbers yourself seems silly. People can play their games however but if ignoring certain rules leads to more fun for the table then it's all good in my mind.

I find it's best to judge everything on an individual basis.
>>
>>53319411
GWM, PAM, Sentinel. Preferrably all of them if possible.
>>
>>53319508
>I find it's best to judge everything on an individual basis.
I don't disagree with that. But with that line of reasoning, you might assume then that d&dwiki could be a good source.
All I'm saying is it's better to operate under the assumption that it's not allowed when making a suggestion. Or at the very least, acknowledging that it's UA when you do make such a suggestion. Can really confuse players not up to date with all the UA.

>what? I don't see elven accuracy anywhere
>>
>>53319540
True, that last points a fair one and I'll actually keep that in mind. I'm amazed I had a real discussion about something that didn't become autistic screeching in /5eg/ for once.
>>
>>53319411
Here's what you do
>"I roll to attack"
And then sometimes
>"I use my action surge to attack"
>>
>>53319564
Yeah, I guess it just comes from experience. I have had quite too often players get disappointed when unofficial material isn't allowed after they spent so much time planing to use what they thought they could use.
So contingency advice is good or at leas the disclaimer.

About the screeching, I agree. That's no fun. My use of faggot in the first post is just force of habit born from this place, and wasn't meant to be aggressive.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.