[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World of Darkness/Chronicle of Darkness General /wodg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 43

File: nybn.png (433KB, 421x484px) Image search: [Google]
nybn.png
433KB, 421x484px
/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

No Magewankery allowed, this is a thread about THE WORLD OF DARKNESS, not about how strong your PC is and how can he destroy the universe.

Previous thread: >>53239440

>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/when-will-bill-rage-monday-meeting-notes/

For those who don't know, here's the information we have thus far on the 5th edition of WoD:
https://pastebin.com/pvAtApt1

What's a popular gripe or complaint about a gameline that you just don't get?
>>
File: lizard wizard.jpg (288KB, 981x1146px) Image search: [Google]
lizard wizard.jpg
288KB, 981x1146px
>first for mage supremacy
>>
Complaints about Dreaming's hopefulness.
>>
>>53293636
>No Magewankery allowed, this is a thread about THE WORLD OF DARKNESS, not about how strong your PC is and how can he destroy the universe.
How pathetic can you get?
>>
>>53293798
Less pathetic than munchkin mages, that's for sure.
>>
File: skelerave.gif (563KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
skelerave.gif
563KB, 400x221px
Speaking of Mage faggotry, how do you guys like to play your mage campaigns? I like spooky occult mysteries kinda shit. If a backing soundtrack of blue oyster cult is appropriate for the campaign, you're doing something right.
>>
>>53293636
>What's a popular gripe or complaint about a gameline that you just don't get?

Mage Supremacy
>>
>>53293828
I like to play the biggest douche possible. Turning Mage-haters' PCs into lawn chairs and selling them to fat rednecks to sit on.

Pure bliss.
>>
>>53293826
Apparently not, because they win when you let them troll you so hard you feel the need to add a line to the OP, like that won't just motivate them.
>>
>>53293721
Oh man! I came in here to write >MAGE MAGE MAGE! CAIN IS GAY VAMPFAGS ARE GAY LAWNCHAIRS??? HEEEEEEEE

Anyway, shall we get started on discussing all the things we could do as Mages, good sir? How can I:

-create flawless waifus
-ensure trump is president forever
-kill anyone who dare unironically mention an alternate pronoun on the internet or in any CofD or WoD book
-send my community college to the Abyss
-send my shift manager at Target to the Abyss
>>
>>53293888
I just copied the previous OP, mages will write countless words of reactionary butthurt.

Who loses more here, I wonder? (since there is obviously no winner)
>>
>>53293730
The hopefulness doesn't bother me, the artwork and theme of "I don't wanna grow up!!!" are what bothers me.

Was there any good CtD art?
>>
>What's a popular gripe or complaint about a gameline that you just don't get?

"Racism" in oWoD books.
>>
>>53293935
>since there is obviously no winner

Except there clearly is. Can you guess?
>>
>>53293912
>-create flawless waifus
Life and Mind.
>-ensure trump is president forever
Life and Fate.
>-kill anyone who dare unironically mention an alternate pronoun on the internet or in any CofD or WoD book
Space and pretty much any other Arcanum.
>-send my community college to the Abyss
Don't know.
>-send my shift manager at Target to the Abyss
Summon an Abyssal entity.
>>
I may look like a mild-mannered otaku, but I'm actually an Archmage with utter mastery of reality and an IQ of 146
>>
>>53294004
Yeah, it's Caine
>>
>>53294026
>take IQ test
>get 138
Am I smart, /tg/?
>>
File: changeling-the-dreaming-gorsel.jpg (359KB, 612x801px) Image search: [Google]
changeling-the-dreaming-gorsel.jpg
359KB, 612x801px
>>53293940
CtD did have some pretty decent art direction and they had some of the big names in the industry at the time like Guay and DiTerlizzi.
>>
File: IMG_5026.jpg (142KB, 960x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5026.jpg
142KB, 960x710px
Why are people shitting about Dave H leaving Changeling 2E? Do we know what is being changed?
>>
>>53294051
You sure are, you special person you! Surely with that vast intellect you'll rise above the unwashed normie masses and lead us to a golden age of meme magick!
>>
>>53294044
>he doesn't know what happens to vampires when they take a wizard's girlfriend
>thistriggersthedresden.jpg
>>
>>53294044
Unless it's an Archmage
>>
File: pepe mage.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
pepe mage.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>53294044
kek

prime 6
>>
>>53294094
Read the filename nerd.
>>53294093
dresden who? Didn't it get bombed or something?
>>
>>53294093
>wizards
>girlfriends
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>53294090
But I don't wanna
>>
>>
>>53294119
>archmage's waifu

are you saying his waifu is also an archmage? kek
>>
>>53294068
Apparently Rose is gutting it.
>>
>>53294113
6 ain't a prime number you dingus.

Everyone laugh at this stupid magefag!
>>
Reminder that it only takes six dots in either Correspondence, Spirit or Prime to end Caine for good.
>>
>>53294093
>wizards
>girlfriends
>>
>>53294145
Shhhh, anon. Ride the wave, don't drown in it.
>>
I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT MAGES
>>
>>53294293
YOU DO
>>
>>53293959
Reminder that it only takes six dots in either Power or Privilege to end Racism for good.
>>
File: deen.gif (2MB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
deen.gif
2MB, 320x234px
>>53294330
>>
>>53294154
Says who and what was there to gut?

I read some of the previews, the only interesting change from 1E was the relation between kith and seeming, which still felt flimsy and weird. For example, to be a Darkling now, the PC needed to betray or hurt someone to escape their durance. Which seems limiting to me.
>>
File: The Iterators.pdf (826KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Iterators.pdf
826KB, 1x1px
Here's Iterators 2.0
With short explanations of Attainments, and a more well-worded Legacy explanation.
It's less a "let's dick about in virtual reality" legacy and more a "enhance your Magic through coding" legacy.
Also no Libertines, as it sees Virtual Reality as a tool, not something with inherent worth.

tl;dr
Mages run simulations and practice Imagos over and over to use Legacy Yantras, then use Prime/Forces attainments for Utility.
>>
>>53294246
To late, thinking about drowning myself already.
>>
Is there a sourcebook that gives an example on how mage society and councilium works on a day to day basis.
>>
>>53294530
Sanctum & Sigil is your best bet.
As well as the Silver Ladder book.
Former for Mage Society dynamics, latter for Consilium and Convocation dynamics.

Both might be a tad dated, but they're still mostly good and not really that affected by the edition change.
>>
Game tonight, anons.
Freshly made PCs.

We have

Daeva
>BP 3
>Celerity 2 Dominate 1
Nosferatu (this is me)
>BP 2
>Obfuscate 2 Vigor 1
Moros
>Gnosis 3
>Death 2 Matter 2 Forces 2
Werewolf
>PU 3
>didn't pay attention (don't care for wolves)

Any tips, pointers or overall warnings for mishaps?
>>
Did that sniper rifle fighting style from the armory ever get an update?
>>
>>53293828
I'm running Mage the Ascension right now in a fictional metropolis in Cali. The PCs are being extremely cautious despite their god-like power because most of them are squishy as hell.

Nonetheless last session ended with them chasing a 400 lb Mexican cartel member vampire down the road with all of them running like 40 MPH in the middle of broad daylight [no one around] so that was fun. If you're curious how the chase scene was possible, the answer is Fortitude. Lots and lots of Fortitude. Fucker took forever to burn.
>>
I've been lurking /wodg/ for a while and I've noticed that you people don't seem to like M20, Beast and that new Vampire-Covenant book. What's so bad about them?
>>
File: sad doggo.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sad doggo.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>53294705
>don't care for wolves
>>
>>53294772
M20 has garbage rules for Magic, and too much focus on inane drivel such as making sure people eat ethical food, and ensuring that the Traditions have gender-neutral names.

Beast is a steaming pile of shit that never escaped its otherkin revenge fantasy origins.

I have no idea about the Vamp book though.
>>
>>53294772
M20 has a ton of problems, among them

1. It messes up Paradigm and Foci so badly you have Virtual Adepts casting with yoga.

2. The author is a bonafide occultist who tries to turn Mage magic into (((real))) magic, in contrast to the usual theme of "Do not try this at home"

3. He fills the book with so many asides about political bullshit and snack recommendations he leaves out rules for Sorcerers, Archspheres, and oh yes, HOW TO USE MAGIC. In a game called MAGE, he leaves out half the rules for how you cast spells in a book that is like 700 pages long!

Its also kind of a mess, fucks with the lore of a ton of groups [the Taftani can cast through high-tech and now view subtly as acceptable. I'm done here]
>>
>>53294705
Watch out for the Mage.
The shit you can do with 2 dots in Forces and Matter will blow your fucking mind.

Gravity funnels, kinetic barriers, invisibility spells, and those are just the obvious ones.
>>
>>53294772
Is the covenant book the one that has ritual castration?
>>
>>53294841
>The author is a bonafide occultist who tries to turn Mage magic into (((real))) magic

It was like this in previous editions. M20 ironically makes magic(k) easier to use than Revised, and more openly abusable.
>>
>>53291516
Brujah need to do some squats
>>
>>53294705
Need a bit more info on the players themselves. Also situations are they going up against?
>>
>>53294705
Your mage player is going to be reigning supreme the entire time. Force him/her to play something else. You should never run crossover with Mage. Ever.
>>
File: IMG_5030.jpg (94KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5030.jpg
94KB, 800x533px
>>53294705
>>53294860

Oooooooh yeahh watch out for the mage! You and the others should try and come up with a good contingency plan against him, not that it will matter if you PISS HIM OFF!!!

Just be sure to not play any rap around him because rap is for sleeper cucks
>>
>>53294965
A mix of petty political drivel and weird arcane happenings.
Inspired by Bloodlines and the Ocean House Hotel only more exaggerated and focal to the plot.

>>53294967
>You should never run crossover with Mage. Ever

Why?
>>
>>53295013
Then in that case you should be fine. The only thing you really need to worry about is the generic things, does the wolf sacred hunt off screen?
>>
I don't see why people hate on Beast, Changeling, and Werewolf fanbases for being furries when the average Mage fan is 100 times more insufferable than any weirdo who jerks off while wearing a tail
>>
>>53294988
die

please
>>
>>53295013
Because they're stronger then the other splats by an order of magnitude. Everything your Nosferatu can do with Obfuscate, the Mage can do, better, with Forces 2, and that isn't 1/10th of what they CAN do with Forces 2.

The abilities of the other splats are linear, just

"You can do X by spending Y resource"

Mages powers are freeform within certain confines, he can literally make up new powers on the fly and give them to himself.
>>
>>53295058
It doesn't really matter if the mage can do things as well as the others, as long as everyone can do cool things no one really cares. That and assuming the players aren't stupid they're going to focus on different arenas so they can cover the most ground anyways.
>>
File: Beast the Primordial.jpg (239KB, 703x881px) Image search: [Google]
Beast the Primordial.jpg
239KB, 703x881px
>>53295038
No one hates Beast for being furry. People hate beast because it's awful.
>>
>>53295109
If you say so brah.
>>
>>53295027
Anon's peer is playing a Moros. A haunted hotel theme isn't going to fly.
>>
>>53295130
*awful otherkin wankfest
>>
>>53294705
Have your werefag and gothnards gang up on the mage whore and kill it.

It can't take on three opponents at once.

Proceed to boot Mage player or tell it to pick a better template.
>>
>>53295162
>having challenges the players have the tools to beat is a bad thing
?
>>
>>53295053
Just so a moros can turn me into his undead fuckslave??? Yeah, not falling for that one again!
>>
>>53295207
>It can't take on three opponents at once

Mages can take on scores of critters.
>>
>>53295058
>Everything your Nosferatu can do with Obfuscate, the Mage can do, better, with Forces 2
I just checked both cores and no, that really isn't true.
>>
Why are so many methuselahs homos?

I understand if they were embraced in ancient greece or something, but you're telling me that someone raised up in biblical times is going to be a shitstabber?
>>
>>53295191
Mechanically it doesn't even work. Hunger is supposed to be the central resource you have to manage but it's utterly trivial from Char-gen.
>>
>>53295381
Because oWoD is shit.
>>
>>53295381
Which methuselahs are homos?
>>
File: Tzimisce.jpg (150KB, 585x655px) Image search: [Google]
Tzimisce.jpg
150KB, 585x655px
>>53295381
I'm pretty sure the Tzimisce Antediluvian is a homosexual.

Truly, he would be the greatest husbando.
>>
>>53294454
Just shitpost, anon. Become part of the problem and then you won't be a victim.

Now that I reread that sentence it sounds like a very succinct explanation for the Seers.
>>
>>53295441
No no, Divis Mal is still the best homo husbando white wolf has ever made.
>>
>>53295215
Replace 'beat' with 'circumvent entirely' and that would be more accurate.
>>
>>53295418
From off the top of my head
>dracon
>michael
>kemintiri
>antonius

And these are just 4th gen.
>>
>>53295381

Try living for a thousand years and see if you're still willing to put up with female bullshit
>>
>>53295013
>You should never run crossover with Mage. Ever
>Why?

The problem with mages and crossover extends well beyond mages' vast combat capabilities.

Mages are basically the "detective splat," and the inherent powers, weakest Arcana and available resources easily uncover mysteries that would take other splats an entre chronicle to discover.

Mages are simple designed for a much higher level of adversary or far more obscure mystery that most other splats. If you've designed a mystery for vampires, werewolves or changelings, unless the mage player is a complete and utter idiot, expect the character to reveal the problem before breakfast using a fraction of the mage's abilities, even a newly Awakened mage. This is not fun for the other players and damn frustrating for the ST.
>>
File: Michael.jpg (172KB, 479x630px) Image search: [Google]
Michael.jpg
172KB, 479x630px
>>53295491
Michael was pretty hot tho
>>
>>53295507

Speaking of mysteries, what are some of the best mysteries you Magesters have encountered in a game?
>>
>>53295541
>what are some of the best mysteries you Magesters have encountered in a game?

Women
>>
>>53295507

Speaking of, hey anyone who plays or run Mage:

What are the best mysteries your PCs have investigated?
>>
File: IMG_5032.jpg (88KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5032.jpg
88KB, 540x960px
>>53295541
>>53295564
Stupid fucking captcha lies
>>
>>53295541
magnets
>>
>>53295381
>Why are so many methuselahs homos?

Your asking the entirely wrong question.

The real question is why so many WW staff and fans are gay [or trans, mentally ill, socially awkward, SJW's. etc.], and why they need to make so many uber-powerful npc's just like them, no matter how improbable or if the breaks verisimilitude, as a means of self-validation.

If there's any doubt about the phenomenon, one needs to simple read any WW thread on rpg.net.
>>
>>53295584
>mages going their own way
>>
>>53295353
>I just checked both cores and no, that really isn't true.

Except it is true.
>>
>>53295588
I understand that, at least.

You have to remember that a lot of masquerade is inspired by Anne Rice's series, which is pretty fucking gay in and of itself, and would therefore attract only faggots and such.

This gets the ball rolling and soon enough everyone in the gamelines' either a faggot or mentally ill.
>>
>>53295584
It's not true. Masturbating can help scratch that itch but it's not anywhere near as satisfying as being with someone. For me, anyway.
>>
>>53295588
Maybe because there weren't enough lgbt characters in DnD? Totally unfathomable why people who were/are regularly shit on by the majority are drawn to a form of entertainment with characters they can relate to!
>>
>>53295646
I support LGBT, but having various sexualities thrown in your face just screams unrealism.
>>
So when do mages start to outclass vampires and werewolves? Is there a definitive moment?
>>
>>53295458
4chan x helps a little but it doesn't change the fact that the forums or fucking rpgnet are better for discussing wod then this place is at this point.
>>
>>53295530
Michael was a douche and a player. He was also completely delusional.
>>
>>53295659
Where do you live? Do you go outside much?
>>
>>53295646
>characters they can relate to
They're inhuman bloodsuckers who literally call humans cattle and get eviler and crazier as they get older.

Just because they suck dick on top of it all doesn't make them relateable.
>>
>>53295700
Sorry to have struck a nerve there, buddy.
>>
>>53295441
the lord of all flesh laughs at you. no body alive or undead can comprehend it's sexual preference.
>>
>>53295659
There's a big difference between the past and the present.
>>
>>53295702
And I'm sure you can relate to the Joker but don't actually have any good jokes or plots against Gotham

And as for realism, how concerned are you about realism in the World of Darkness? Because, realistically, Caine would fuck an Archmage in the ass
>>
>>53295700
He is unironically completely right.

LGBT in modern times is OK, but there's an incredible number of LGBT in medieval times, and you've got people who are either zealous Christians/Muslims/Jews or were raised in times where such stuff was grounds for a death sentence, and who simply wouldn't tolerate it
>>
>>53295765
>Because, realistically, Caine would fuck an Archmage in the ass

If we're talking realism here, the Archmage would be the one fucking Caine in the ass.

Or are you assuming the Archmage's sexual identity?
>>
>>53295711
I'm just saying, you lived in a city (like many WoD characters do) you'd have fags thrown in your face every day
>>
File: why would you do this anon.webm (1MB, 640x382px) Image search: [Google]
why would you do this anon.webm
1MB, 640x382px
>>53295765
>Caine would fuck an Archmage in the ass
>>
>>53295646

One can certainly appreciate a game that includes a diverse representation of character types and backgrounds to maintain broad fan interest [where are non-villain conservative characters?]. However, WW blew past that long ago. They've reached the point where whatever minority group de jour [trans is very popular recently] must be so disproportionately and bluntly represented among npc's [and rarely, if ever, the villains], that WW is practically hitting the readers with the proverbial literary blunt object. Add in the very preachy and often outrageously insulting and offensive sidebars [*cough* Mortal Remains *cough*], and the issue morphs. such a radical and overbearing desire to be "inclusive" that it becomes decidedly "exclusive," and without the slightest modicum of self-awareness about how offensive it really is outside of small social bubbles [e.g., activists on college campuses].
>>
>>53295779
Caine might be the best top in all of creation. This anon might be on to something
>>
>>53295765
There is no realistically there. Any situation where they fight is firmly in special snowflake territory.
>>
>>53295819
Caine is pretty masculine, but it's wrong to assume all masculines are tops.
>>
>>53295765
But... I literally can't.

I can't relate to the Joker at all because I'm not crazy, and neither can you or they with the Methuselahs.

Not to mention that relating to a Methuselah at all is tone deaf of one of the themes of the game, which is completely de sexyfying and dehumanizing vampires, which is brought up again and again from story to gameplay. Boiling it down to "he's gay just like me xD" is one of the plebest thing you can do.
>>
>>53295646
>weren't enough
>enough
>implying that any work of fiction is obligated to have lgbts in it
And if you only care that a character resembles you in some small, inconsequential way then you probably need to build up an identity outside of what genitals you like to suck on or you wish you had.
>>
>>53295829
Don't Archmages have the capabilities to destroy galaxies though? I think common sense dictates that Caine loses to such wizards.
>>
>>53295765
Why would anybody relate to the Joker? Feel bad for? Maybe. But relate?
>>
>>53295683
By chargen they're far more versatile, by Arete/Gnosis 3-4 they're also way more powerful.
>>
>>53295856
No, you miss my point.
My point is the oWoD setting is set up in such a way, that any ST who runs a game where Caine vs Archmage happens is clearly doing it as part of his really cool totally original plot that he's railroading the PC's across.
>>
>>53295876
It's just another edgy tumblr underage.

SAD!
>>
>>53295856
>I think common sense dictates that Caine loses to such wizards
And guess what vampfags don't have?
>>
>>53295839
Caine doesn't strike me to be some insatiable power bottom. He's probably dom verse if anything
>>
File: 1494732625230.jpg (14KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1494732625230.jpg
14KB, 600x338px
>>53295696
>the forums or fucking rpgnet are better for discussing wod then this place is at this point.
I was going to call you a faggot over this but you aren't wrong.
>>
>>53295926
faggot
>>
>>53295804
I think it's dumb that sidebars pandering to a group you don't belong to sullies the whole experience.

I agree, i fucking hate people who shriek and cry and shit fit over micro aggressions and whether you say "eskimo" or "gypsy" or use the WRONG pronoun, but get a fucking grip. You're here to participate in a (power) fantasy with your trusted friends and that guys. No one from the politically correct police will actually bust your door down or hack your internet if you don't include a gay.

I understand that it is jarring to read a paragraph about a frankenstein character that calls zirself "zir" but feel free to get over it because it makes some other person, who may or may not be a bigger freak than you, feel good
>>
>>53295918
He could be a perfect switch for all we know.
>>
>>53295943
No
>>
>>53295970
Yes
>>
>>53295979
No
>>
>>53295996
Yes
>>
>>53295839
>>53295918
>>53295949
>implying Caine isn't a strawberrysexual icecreamkin with autism
>>
>>53294068
Bumping this question
>>
>>53296049
Fuck off
>>
>>53293636
5th Edition is going to be great motherfuckers, GREAT.
>>
>>53293636

I don't get Mage and why it has to be so fucking powerful.
>>
>>53295970
>>53295979
>>53295996
>>53296005
Fags
>>
>>53296113
For Ascension, its because the theme of the game is "You can define your own reality"

For Awakening its because the theme of the game is "Hubris".

Both of those themes necessitate a higher power level then say, Masquerade, where the theme is "You're a monster in a world of much, MUCH bigger monsters"
>>
Does anybody else think 'ascension' in Awakening 2e is more like achieving Moksha/Nirvana in the Dharmic religious tradition then Gnosticism?
>>
>>53295850
I don't care because I'm a straight white male, but can you understand how a gay could grow up thinking the way he wants to live is totally wrong because of how fictional gays are usually portrayed?

Are there any cool gay superheroes?
Star Fleet captains?
Star Wars assholes?
James Bonds?
Action movie heroes?

So youre a gay kid, or a female, and all you have is fucking Ripley from Alien, Samus from Metroid, and Poison for Street Fighter. Would this alter your perception of yourself?
>>
>>53296168
No, it almost screams Gnosticism to me.
>>
>>53296180
Yes, he's called Midnighter and he's fucking awesome you uncultured pleb.
>>
>>53296168
Well Dharmic religions are certainly much more popular and well known about then gonotsicsm. They're basically copies of each other when you boil them down to the essentials, but yeah
>>
>>53296180
And, given the power to make your own stories using some of the shitty conflicts in your own gay life, wouldn't you be attracted to a setting where there already were gay characters that were doing more than getting AIDs or styling hair?
>>
>>53296113
>I don't get Mage and why it has to be so fucking powerful.

In the CofD, one of the primary themes of Mage privilege, hubris and what happens when you give regular humans reality-bending powers with little fear of consequence or limitation. Accordingly, mages need sufficient raw power and versatility to truly make them unquestionably monstrous in an oh so identifiable way.
>>
>>53296180
But anon the way he wants to live is totally wrong
>>
WHERES THE FUCKING SCION UPDATE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53296168
It's a mix of both, with a slightly heavier focus on Gnosticism.
>>
>>53296216
>gay characters that were doing more than getting AIDs or styling hair?

It truly is a world of darkness, but it's apparently fabulous...
>>
>>53296252
NOBODY CARES ABOUT SCION
>>
>>53296180
>would this alter your perception of yourself
Not really.
>>
>>53296281
FUCK YOU I DO. I WANT TO BEAT UP THE MONSTERS FROM ACROSS PANTHEONS WITH A TAG TEAM OF NORSE WARRIORS AND JAPANESE SAMURAI AND MAYBE FUCK APHRODITE AT SOME POINT
>>
>>53296180
>Are there any cool gay superheroes?
Bunker
Midnighter
Green Lantern (one of them)
Legend
Hulkling
Batwoman
Apollo
One of the Questions
Motherfucking Danny the Street

And those are just the cool ones I can think of. I'm sparing you from the fags.

>So youre a gay kid, or a female, and all you have is fucking Ripley from Alien, Samus from Metroid, and Poison for Street Fighter. Would this alter your perception of yourself?
Well for starters I would say that it's rare for a kid to definitively know that they are gay. Feeling concerned about some gay impulses, sure, but who wouldn't? I'm in my 20's and I'm still not sure if I'm also attracted to dudes or not. And my perception of myself has never been really impacted, positively or negatively, by fiction.
>>
>>53296370
Play Mage
>>
>>53296305
How about being bullied at school for being too feminine? Or having parents who try to control you? And your only escape is fantasy and even there you're not fully accepted?
>>
File: 1493923200215.jpg (1MB, 3299x2199px) Image search: [Google]
1493923200215.jpg
1MB, 3299x2199px
>>53296402
>Legend
My man.
>>
>>53296443
Who the fuck is Legend
>>
So why do Masqueraders get annoyed when a pompous Magefag points out that an Archmage could punk an Antediluvian?
>>
>>53296505
Gay big time superhero from an online serial.
>>
>>53296180
Samus isn't gay.
>>
>>53296440
Bro, I'm gay. I'm just not a prancing queen
>>
>>53296440
>>53296564

Even gays get annoyed by the stereotypical limp wristed homosexual.
>>
>>53296553
Is Ripley even gay? Didn't she have a daughter that was the protagonist of that Alien: Isolation game?
>>
>>53296584
Only when is implied as the only way gay people act.
>>
>>53296440
Not all homosexuals have "feminine tendencies"

Most homosexual you wouldn't even know they are that way if you don't ask them.

>>53296588
I don't know about Ripley, also Poison is debatable a trans woman or even a trvestite so it's not the same of being homosexual.
>>
>>53296588
>>53296553

Mentioned them as characters that appeal to certain females. Believe it or not, female interests in fiction can extend beyond Legally Blonde and Gossip Girl. That's why even fa/tg/uys got laid in the prime White Wolf days
>>
>>53296711
>tfw to intelligent
>>
>>53296523
Because we're tired of MAGEWANKERY. We just want to discuss all lines equally.
>>
>>53296588
I think the other anon means that Ripley is usually seen as the ideal of a strong female lead in a movie.
>>
>>53296402
Characters introduced in the 90s and later. Save for Danny the Street (who isn't even fucking human or ever got a solo series), Batwoman, and Midnighter, none of these characters ever got solid writers, stories, or exposure behind them.

You understand that these good gay characters are slim pickins, yes?
>>
>>53296726
How's your first day on 4Chan going?
>>
>>53296440
>How about being bullied at school for being too feminine?
Stand up for yourself or talk to a teacher.
>Or having parents who try to control you?
Stand up for yourself or try to actually communicate with your parents, or just lie to them.
>And your only escape is fantasy and even there you're not fully accepted?
Stop worrying so much about acceptance.

And I do have a good idea of what I'm talking about here, because I've experienced all three of those things.

My older sister bullied me at home for being fat, and even got other kids at school to do it because she was a hot bitch and they wanted her approval. This crushes the self-esteem.

My dad repeatedly tried to force me into sports despite the fact that I didn't like them at all and would rather do things like read or play video games in my free time. To this day I am convinced that he never got over his disappointment in me.

I love superheroes and adventure stories. Fat people are rare in those too, and if they are in there too much focus is on them being a fatty, like Blob or Bouncing Boy.

I'm grown now and I've lost weight, but I do remember how it felt to not be accepted. To be persecuted for how you are. And to anybody else going through that, my advice would really be to just toughen up and learn to be okay with yourself, because at the end of the day you're the only true constant in your life.

Unless you're fat. If you're fat, exercise and diet because self-acceptance is great, but sex is better.
>>
>>53296726
>We just want to discuss all lines equally.
Sounds like communism to me. Are you a communist?
>>
>>53296756
It's a well known fact that the majority of homosexuals are vain, shallow and indulge in looks more so than emotion.

Gay relationships are excruciatingly difficult because of what culture norms did to them.
>>
>>53296756
Youre so big and tough!!! If only those columbine kids could have learned from you!!!
>>
File: korean face palm.gif (1MB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
korean face palm.gif
1MB, 400x275px
>>53296753
Pretty good. I saw a penis, got called a faggot, saw some tinfoil hats, saw some 'DUBS GET!', laughed at /fa/. Breddy gud.
>>
>>53296808
WHERE'S MY SAFE SPACE
>>
>>53296747
>none of these characters ever got solid writers, stories, or exposure behind them.
That's subjective. I think Hulkling and Wiccan got some good writing to their relationship in Young Avengers. Legend was also part of a solid story in Worm, which has plenty of online exposure.

And another good gay character, Ultimate Jessica Drew.

>You understand that these good gay characters are slim pickins, yes?
Hate to break it to you, but good characters in comics are slim pickins, period. It's not an epidemic limited to gays.
>>
>>53296812
>waaaah why must I suffer the harshness of life waaaah
>I DEMAND MORE FAGGOTS IN MY MEDIA!
>>
>>53296726
>We just want to discuss all lines equally

But all games lines are not of equal quality or have an equal number of fans.
>>
>>53296812
I doubt they would have learned anything worthwhile because they were insane. And way to equate being LGBT to the degree of mental illness you would need to have to commit cold blooded murder on innocent people.
>>
>>53296848
How harsh has your life been, may I ask?
>>
>>53296808
Sounds like your talking out of your ass, but whatever, who cares.
>>
>>53295381
I guess you are mistaking platonic love/affection with homosexuality man.
>>
>>53296892
idk not very I'd say
>>
>>53296808
>Gay relationships are excruciatingly difficult because of what culture norms did to them.
What?
>>
>>53296893
He's really not. Though it's really only on the men. Lesbians are quite open.
>>
>>53296848
Is because faggots like you that this days one cannot write a gay character without some retard crying "forced diversity".
Sometimes you just want to write a fucking gay character because you feel like it, fucking god.
>>
>>53296756
>Stand up for yourself or talk to a teacher.
>Bullying is resolved by violence or by stern talking to
An interesting thing about that, anon, is that it doesn't really work. Especially the former. Teachers would have quite a weight off their shoulders if dealing with bullying was simple.

>Stand up for yourself or try to actually communicate with your parents, or just lie to them.
>If I punch my dad, he'll let me be! If I lie to my parents, I won't have to maintain a stupid fucking masquerade all the time!

>Stop worrying so much about acceptance.
Yeah, just stop worrying about one of the cornerstone of psyche, which was selected for in our species for millenia. You didn't fucking do that, so cut the crap.
>>
>>53296908
While there are always exceptions, homosexual men tend to be obsessed with their own appearances and the appearances of others. This isn't exactly false, not by a longshot.

Unfaithful partners, while lessening over time, are very commonplace in same sex relationships.

Social studies is an interesting thing.
>>
>>53296894
Umm, no.

The books literally call them lovers
>>
>>53296864
No, but we would like to have a discussion about vampires without 'HAY GAIS THE MAGES CAN DO X Y AND Z WHICH FUCK UP THE VAMPIRES'.
>>
>>53296950

Which is fine and dandy, until your faggotry starts breaking the suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>53296908

they're treated like shit and gays are expected to be obnoxious and flamboyant and uncaring, so when they do so, they perpetuate the problem and make people dislike them more. think of every sassy gay you've hated. consider that their sassy gay attitude is a projection of their sexuality because they're not allowed to be "normal" if they're gay.
>>
>>53296981
Magefags only come out when vampfags are wrong
>>
>>53296996
>Ancient people weren't gay
Is that the suspension we're talking about here?
>>
>>53296981
The 'lol mage supremacy' meme started getting profusely bad on /wodg/ (continuing even now) during mid-January.

It hit off due to the heavy presence of vampfags boasting about how awesome they are in comparison to wizards, and the magefags told them off. Naturally, they still hold grudges.

Magefags never started this, they just keep it going out of spite for the Anne Rice fucktards.
>>
>>53297034
Again, there is a big difference between the present and the past.
>>
>>53297034
More like
>a large number of ancient people were gay
>people who were born in biblical times had no problem with embracing these faggots
>people who were embraced in far more conservative periods tolerate these faggots
>>
File: whatever cheese fries.gif (1MB, 952x400px) Image search: [Google]
whatever cheese fries.gif
1MB, 952x400px
>>53297010
Oh boy, here we go.

>>53297041
>MFW
>>
>>53296960
>An interesting thing about that, anon, is that it doesn't really work.
It does. Unless they're straight psychopaths, if you make it more trouble than it's worth for a bully to mess with you, chances are they'll back off. The key is to be persistent about it and not give up after the first couple of attempts fail.

>If I punch my dad, he'll let me be!
Did I say that?
>If I lie to my parents, I won't have to maintain a stupid fucking masquerade all the time!
What masquerade? Why would it need to be up all the time? You like dick, it shouldn't be hard to hide unless you're an unbearable faggot about it.

>You didn't fucking do that, so cut the crap.
But I did. Obviously I still have friends and family, but I don't put an unhealthy amount of concern in what people think of me.
>>
>>53297055>>53297060

Dude, vampires are sinners, they're literally the product of the original murderer, is almost obvious they will go for other deviants and sinners.
Plus, as a vampire sexual reproduction and STD are no longer a issue, so why the fuck shouldn't you?
>>
>>53296964
I meant more specifically about the cultural norms bit.
>>
>>53297094
>sexual reproduction and STD are no longer a issue
read a book nigga, they are, Ruthven literally got AIDS from feeding from a junkie - not to mention that they can ejaculate blood and the curse of faggotry is never-ending it seems.

>is almost obvious they will go for other deviants and sinners

Unless they are disgusted by such deviants and want to eradicate them, as their upbringing would have taught them.
>>
>>53297041
The mage supremacy 'meme' is a lot older than that.

Hell the vampire into lawn-chair thing had it's first go back in the usenet days.
>>
>>53297041
magefags continue to:
>falseflag
>shitpost
>ruining not mage arguments by interrupting other people discussions about other game lines by saying things like "mages can do it better" or "why don't you ask a mage to do that?"

anon got tired of this, that's why we splitted generals, go create your own mage dedicated general, and we will just keep on discussing wod.

But no, fucking mages still need to shitpost and ruin threads and accuse vampfags of being the one "starting everything"

vampfags started this posts:
>>53293721
>>53293798
>>53293874
>>53293912
>>53294967
>>53294988
>>53296523
I cannot wait for mages saying "but archmasters are MORE gay than methuselah"
>>
>>53297134
From feeding you dumbass, not fucking, and that's contemplated for everything, from disease to intoxication, you can fuck as much as you want and not get a disease.
>Unless they are disgusted by such deviants and want to eradicate them, as their upbringing would have taught them.
Well, that's more of an individual perspective, in most cases after some hundred year is not impossible you just stop caring (unless you have a particular defect/merit like Intolerance so it's a driving force in your unlife).
>>
>>53297183
>I cannot wait for mages saying "but archmasters are MORE gay than methuselah"
You're goddamn right they are. You know how many dicks you could suck with mastery of all the Arcana?

A whole fucking lot.
>>
>>53297179
I wasn't suggesting it started this year, dumbass.

It just got bad very recently.
>>
>>53297223
Maybe we should all just LARP.
Vampires dominate that fucker.
>>
>>53297187
Again

>can get disease from feeding
>can transfer that disease through sharing blood
>vamps can ejaculate blood if they get heated up
>tl:dr methuselah bug chasers

I agree that it's possible that after some time they don't give a shit, but of all they could bestow their gifts upon there's a surprising number of gays (for beings raised in antediluvian times)
>>
File: vampire larper.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
vampire larper.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>53297244
That's not a good thing
>>
The main problem with WoDG is lack of empathy, life experience, and a surplus of A U T I S M

****Can someone PLEASE tell me why Rose's edits of Changeling 2E will suck?****
>>
>>53297246
Maybe gays are better survivors since they managed to make it being faggots in ancient times and now they're really good keeping themselves alive till our days?
>Embrace a bunch of humans
>Only faggots make it past 100+
>>
this thread is ass
>>
What contracts are good, Magicky, and cheap in CtL
>>
>>53297280
You may be on to something
>>
See I honestly prefer the /pol/ shitposting to our normal shitposting
>>
>>53297343
What's you Kith/Seeming?
>>
Is there ANY conceivable way for my BP 7 bitchpire to roflstomp a Master? Or am I just fucked?
>>
>>53297449
Spring court Elemental Iceflesh
>>
>>53297383
At this point /pol/ has become a parody of itself.
>>
>>53297461

You don't confront a Master and hope to win.
>>
So is CofD fully dead now? Can we remove it?
>>
>>53297490
Elements is always good. Vainglory. Separation. Eternal Spring. Hearth.
>>
>>53297461
Seduce him. Use your vigor empowered anus and clamp his dick off
>>
>>53297088
>It does.
Not when they turn the whole class against someone, it doesn't. Bullies can and will shift gears, so you'll be isolated at best; and your violent outbursts will be turned against you. The bully will have more voices on their side than you, by the way.

>Did I say that?
How do you expect to back up your "standing up" to your parents?
>What masquerade?
You just lied to your parents about your sexuality. You'll have to maintain that later, and do you seriously expect that your parents will stay out of your sexual life? That you'll never want to have a long-term relationship with someone, or that nobody of opposing gender will never make advances on you, or that parents will never demand grandchildren from you, or...

>But I did.
Did what - lose weight? Grand work of "accepting yourself as you are" there. And by doing so, achieved acceptance, which made you blase about it. That and your age,
also.

I might also add that losing weight is generally easier than changing sexual orientation, and for a young sod
>>
>>53297495
But can a Master krump the Dark Mother?
>>
File: nani.jpg (26KB, 239x268px) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
26KB, 239x268px
>>53295381
>be 1000+ year old lord/lady of the night
>have powers that could easily destroy lesser kindred and mere mortals
>watch countless societies and cultures die only to be replaced by new ones with radically different beliefs
>been told that you're damned anyway no matter what you do because you got embraced

If a Methuselah manages to continue to give a fuck and hold on to every tenet of their original beliefs in spite of everything then they're one in a million. Hell, I'd be surprised if they could even remember what the people of their time thought about every little issue under the sun considering just how long they've been (un)alive for.

That being said though, do most Methuselahs hold any interest in sex anyway? I was under the impression that after becoming a Kindred, sex usually gets overshadowed by drinking vitae, and at lower humanity levels you start to lose interest in it entirely. I can't imagine your average Methesulah seeking out sexual relationships of any sort more than once in a blue moon -- even if it was just to manipulate people they usually do most of their moves in the Jyhad through pawns and proxies, not direct involvement with Kindred and mortals.
>>
>>53291651

Because the Technocracy has a legion of trained Shitposters who flag such videos as fake and/or gay while deploying MIB's to perform a "Stake and Bake"
>>
File: IMG_0015.jpg (66KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0015.jpg
66KB, 500x376px
>>53297550
No one can
>>
>>53297552
Methuselahs are methuselahs. They will indulge in whatever the fuck they want. Even sex.
>>
>>53297552
That lore is dumb and should be ignored, vampires are inherently creatures of violence and sex.
>>
>>53297509
It's just Vampire the Requiem that's already got an epitaph on its tombstone, the others haven't been show yet and actually have unique strengths that make people want to keep playing them.

Requiem discussion now goes in whatever the Old Redundant Games General or whatever they have.
>>
>>53297581
Exactly. That's what I'm saying. I'm not questioning whether they'd pursue sex if they desire it, just if most do.

>>53297587
Well hey, that's like, your opinion man. You're entitled to have it, but I prefer to stay (mostly) true to the lore, especially on this issue. An Antediluvian having the same mindset as a Brujah shovelhead doesn't sound all that appealing to me nor does it make all that much sense if you think about it for too long.
>>
>>53297587
They are... as long as they're recently embraced or have high humanity scores.
>>
If Masters were removed, would mages still be kings of all?
>>
>>53295541

The Atlantean Urinal Deuce
>>
Hi, I'm playing DA20, I have a Toreador, any advice as how should I address Ventrue vampires? They seem to be offended by everything.
>>
>>53297536
>The bully will have more voices on their side than you, by the way.
Depends on the kind of bully. But yeah, no matter what I would say making a nuisance of yourself and causing problems for them is better than just feeling sorry for yourself if it really is that bad.

>How do you expect to back up your "standing up" to your parents?
Did your parents beat you or something?
>You just lied to your parents about your sexuality.
So?
>You'll have to maintain that later, and do you seriously expect that your parents will stay out of your sexual life?
Yes? Which they most likely will, in all but the most extreme cases. Did your parents try to set you up with girls and then slip you condoms before you went out with them?
>That you'll never want to have a long-term relationship with someone
Long term relationships aren't a big deal while you're in school. Some kids get them, others don't.
>or that nobody of opposing gender will never make advances on you
You don't have to be gay to turn them down.
>or that parents will never demand grandchildren from you, or...
By this point you should be out of your parents' influence and shouldn't give a flying fuck about what they want from you.

>Did what - lose weight?
Didn't decide to lose weight until I was out of high school, and I did it for myself more than anyone, because being fat is really inconvenient and unhealthy.
>>
>>53297677
You do realize Masters are small fry in the Mage cosmology right?

That's like one of the main themes of the game. No matter how much power you wield you're ultimately an insignificant speck as long as you remain in the fallen world.
>>
>>53297536
Sounds like you just want to think of yourself as a victim instead of exercising your agency in anyway, desu.
>>
>>53296216

That's all gay characters do in my games. Deal with it.
>>
>>53297746
Is there any wonder why Mage is the strongest gameline? They NEED to be the most powerful Templates to deal with such cosmic horrors.

Once you become an Archmage though, you acquire the rights to become on par with the grandest of entities in the WoD cosmology as a whole.
>>
>>53297746
Masters aren't small fry when they're compared to the other playable supernaturals.

I think that's all magefags care about.
>>
>>53296168

I had enough of poo in loo hindibindi nonsense being presented as fact in old mage, now they want to shit up the new game too.

>>53296252

Exalted thread is here:
>>53268063

Go bitch them out.
>>
Is it reasonable for a GM to decide that mages (arch or otherwise) who try to dance the black spiral are more or less asking to become Nephandi?

I honestly can't tell if my players are joking or not, but I'm pretty sure that it they aren't it should end with them being handed a blank character sheet.
>>
File: blocksyourpath.png (486KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
blocksyourpath.png
486KB, 640x483px
>>53295130
>this is a real game

Truly we live in the darkest of self-parodic times
>>
File: grandpamunster-cruz.jpg (35KB, 241x295px) Image search: [Google]
grandpamunster-cruz.jpg
35KB, 241x295px
>>53297634
V5 preview got me thinking maybe it's time to swallow the Requiem pill
>>
>>53297992
I thought they were striking a Ginyu pose and was disappointed.
>>
I want to make a Mage character focused around ephemeral entities. Who make better allies, Spirits, Ghosts, or Goetia?
>>
File: IGv2D0wg.png (410KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IGv2D0wg.png
410KB, 512x512px
>>53298033
I'd recommend just ignoring 5e and run your chronicles in one of the older editions/V20. Requiem doesn't have much to offer imo, but then again the only official parts of the CofD I'm interested in are Geist, Changeling, and Hunter.

When it comes to the fangames though, Princess the Hopeful is my shit.
>>
>>53298185
Why not all three?
>>
>>53298185
Goetia you have the most control over as those "naturally" in the phenomenal world are extremely rare. However they don't naturally have manifestations do they're a pain to deal with.

Spirits are potentially the most powerful and varied, but they have their own crazy ecosystem to deal with, and wuffles might get irritated with you if you fuck around with it too much which is another pain to deal with.

Ghosts are the best "known entity", however they are usually quite weak, limited to their anchors, and usually obsess with their own death.

Personally I prefer Spirits. Your ability to generate potentially unlimited amounts of Essence from a Resonant condition can make you the sugar-daddy for about half of the city, should you be bothered to invest yourself and your time that deeply.
Plus they're a LOT more flexible.
And they make handy fashion accessories.
>>
>>53298207
I wish their charms weren't so garbage.
>>
>>53298273
>and wuffles might get irritated with you if you fuck around with it too much which is another pain to deal with.

Good. Let those dogs know who's boss!
>>
>>53298273
Do Goetia even occur naturally? There's an example Mind 3 spell to summon a Goetia and I can't think of how often there would even be something nearby.
>>
>>53298212
I kind of want to specialize in one, as I will be playing a character that has recently awakened as a Mastigos, Moros, or Thyrsus. A Moros doesn't do Spirits very well, and a Thyrsus sucks at Mind magic. I will also be investing into the other ruling arcanum as a backup.

Reading the various rulebooks, I get the impression that:
Goetia suffer from hyper-specialization (Goetic summon based on despair is good at despair, but bad at everything else), but have endless variety, have easy to comprehend motivations, and are individually consistent. Mind as an Arcanum is also one of the most versatile and useful tools a Mage can have.
Ghosts more individually powerful and versatile, but are rarer, have less variety as a species, and may have esoteric motivations. Death as an Arcanum has plenty of cool tricks outside of Ghost summoning, like turning into a living shadow or making skellies.
Spirits can do anything if you find the right one, but are alien, dangerous, demanding, and the Gauntlet can be a pain if you are in a city. Spirit as an Arcanum can't do much other than deal with spirits.
>>
>>53298518
>Spirit as an Arcanum can't do much other than deal with spirits.

Spirits do a WHOLE lot. They can mimic a lot of the other Arcana depending on their influence(s). They can also imbue Lasting effects on effects which are otherwise Indefinite.

It's one of the stronger Arcana, in my honest opinion.
>>
>>53298273
Thanks. Any good tips for dealing with Spirits at Gnosis 1, Spirit 3, before you get the reputation of being rich and important?
>>
>>53294705
Why take gnosis 3 and not an arcanum at 3, fucking noob.

Matter 3 give your armor +8, use death mage armor to reduce any damage down to bashing.
walk around like a fucking tank...
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts on the Elysium and Street looks?
>>
File: hurl.gif (496KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
hurl.gif
496KB, 400x226px
>>53298651
>>
>>53296440
>>53296892
>>53296960
>>53297536
Been there, done that.

I'm not gay but when I was a kid, I was very slight and kinda limp-wristy and I had long, blonde hair. So, my peers decided that I was gay and bouncing me off of the pavement became the thing to do. While all of this was going on, I was being raised by a woman with mental health issues who had grown up in what was basically a cult. She tried to control my world view and to act as the filter for how I would perceive the world.

>No, sweety. Diseases aren't caused by germs. They're caused by bad thoughts!

On top of that, I am a child-hood sexual abuse survivor and that shit is corrosive. If it isn't caught, you don't know that anything is wrong except that you feel kind of dirty. As you grow older and you begin to get an idea of what sexuality is and what it encompasses, you begin to feel disgusted by yourself. Tainted.

And as someone who has experienced just the things that you describe?

Fuck. You. I'm going to give you the best advice that anyone will give you in your life. Stop being such a whiny little faggot bitch. Stop craving acceptance because there are thousands of people that you will interact with over the course of your life and a percentage of them are going to hate you for stupid reasons and there is nothing you can do about it. You can't change them and you can't force them to accept you. All you can do is make them hate you more.

Learn to not need people and harden the fuck up.

>>53296950
Also this.
>>
>>53298651
Fucking hilarious. In the same way a semi carrying livestock slamming into a steam roller is. Something so horrendous and baffling you have to laugh.
>>
>>53298757
>I was being raised by a woman with mental health issues who had grown up in what was basically a cult

Jehovah's Witnesses?
>>
>>53298565
Before adept level you'll have to kiss a lot of ass. Offer essence, do go between work, or offer to cast useful spells like hiding a spirits bane.
>>
>>53298785
No, some flash-in-the-pan seventies shit.
>>
>>53298803
Can't you force spirits to do what you want?
>>
File: 1490650295902.jpg (70KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1490650295902.jpg
70KB, 640x718px
>>53298651
>>
>>53298518
Spirit is really really good at converting mana. You can constantly channel essence into your familiar and have him transfer it over as mana to you for a tiny bit of overhead.
>>
>>53298757
>If it isn't caught, you don't know that anything is wrong except that you feel kind of dirty. As you grow older and you begin to get an idea of what sexuality is and what it encompasses, you begin to feel disgusted by yourself. Tainted.
Everyone ends up differently, anon.
By the time I got older and understood what happened to me, I had already spent a lot of time thinking about it, sussed out my feelings logically, and moved on from the experience. That said, it wasn't violent or incredibly forceful, but it did have an impact on my sexuality that I've come to terms with.
Many of the people I know who ended up broken from their sexual molestation didn't make themselves ponder it, even if painful, and come out the other side of it; they let it linger, tried to bury it, and it mutated into something awful that haunts them.
>>
>>53298832
You can but getting past the rank withstand with the relatively small dice pool at Chargen is a pain even with Praxis.

However, you get more with honey than vinegar. Making friends and contacts throughout the shadow will be a huge boon when you get more powerful. I like making pacts with potent spirits with Fate and summoning them with Spirit 3/Space 2 like I'm a pokémon master.

Also remember making an entity do something and/or robbing them of their agency is often an act of hubris unless you're careful about how or why you're commanding them.
>>
File: 1371984329340.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1371984329340.gif
2MB, 400x225px
All the kids in my high school year who turned out to be gay actually had what is, in hindsight, a fucking brilliant ruse in play.

Basically they were openly super, duper, campy gay. But "It's ironic man". They were literally immune to criticism, noone would broach anything negative about these people, because they had the balls of steel it takes to just pretend to be gay.

Like man, why would you act gay? Only someone with balls of fucking brass would do this, surely. Yet here these madmen were, living that life full time. Incredible, so devoted to their art were they that they noone had even known them to break character for a second. That kind of commitment and exercise of willpower in pretending to be gay showed that they were men of integrity, beyond reproach. If some new student came in and was like "Why are these guys being super-fags all the time" they wouldn't go long without being corrected.

It broke even my heart a little, to find that a few years later that they were all ACTUALLY gay. Worse still, they aren't the insane mardi gras gay chicken champs they were in high school, just like, normal people who fuck dudes.
>>
>>53298832
Why bother? At Mastery you can create your own Spirits using the Practice of Making.
>>
File: strangeday.jpg (57KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
strangeday.jpg
57KB, 360x500px
>>53298682
I knew there was something hurl.gif anon and I could agree on
>>
>>53299001
You can't just do fuck all twiddling your thumbs until you reach mastery.
>>
>>53298803
Whose ass would be best to kiss? The Chronicle will take place in a crime ridden city with other Supernatural critters (some vampires, woofs, maybe a few psychics and other lesser templates, and Geniuses). All the characters will start off solo before they meet together at some point.
I think teaming up with a Gremal (the hybrid spirit of malfunctions, accidents, sabotage) will help ruin the Genius' day. A few Chain Reapers and Preyhounds plus a shotgun should keep the wolves at bay. What kind of spirits would help against vampires and crime bosses?
>>
Where's the DA V20 Companion, boys?!
>>
>>53299001
Anon, I'm a lowly Disciple in a city where the mafia has supernatural connections and are looking for more "gifted recruits."
>>
>>53298651
It's cool if you LARP

Sad if you're the average, style-retarded Mage fan
>>
>>53298651
So either way you look like a twatwaffle.
>>
>>53299026
If you're going with Spirit I highly recommend getting a familiar. As for whose ass to kiss it depends entirely on your storyteller's design for the local shadow and chronicle.

For example if you're dealing with a lot of hostile vampires making nicey nice with some fire spirits or helions is probably a good idea. Or you can travel to the local hospital and make friends with a spirit of healing which can save your ass in the future. Or making friends with a vice spirit that hangs out near the working girls so you can leverage the local politician with bad habits.

etc. etc.
>>
File: who is next boys.jpg (662KB, 2033x2047px) Image search: [Google]
who is next boys.jpg
662KB, 2033x2047px
>>53299043
Who is next boys?
>>
>>53298803
>>53298939

Doesn't this depend on the spirit ranks? Wouldn't it be easy to dominate, force and command lower ranked entities?

The Spirit 4 Attainment effectively enables you to slap Banes two ranks lower than you.
>>
File: 1445167242087.jpg (211KB, 1023x765px) Image search: [Google]
1445167242087.jpg
211KB, 1023x765px
>>53298757
>>53298887
I also got touched when I was a kid but I was really young and barely remember. As an adult I honestly feel lucky to be alive since it was a stranger that diddled me and statistically speaking I should probably be dead.

That there's at least three of us in the recent comments in this thread alone kinda hilariously proves >>53295588 's point.

I sometimes wonder if there was just something in the water in the 80s though, just seems like so many people I've met have had similar stories.
>>
>>53298651
Fraudulent and homosexual
>>
>>53298757
>You can't change them and you can't force them to accept you.

NO! THEY *WILL* ACCEPT MY PRONOUNS!
>>
>>53296096
I wish I lived in the timeline where this was true.
>>
>>53299201
>Doesn't this depend on the spirit ranks?
Yep.

>Wouldn't it be easy to dominate, force and command lower ranked entities?
Yep. However, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Which is an important theme when playing Mage.

However, if you're playing a crossover a lot of that is going out the window so play it by ear.

At spirit 4 you can chuck someone into twilight and blast them into cinders and there is little anything other than a werewolf can do about it.
>>
File: jawmanHorror.jpg (313KB, 2048x1219px) Image search: [Google]
jawmanHorror.jpg
313KB, 2048x1219px
>>53298651
>>
>>53299209
>Limewire
>Realplayer
>>
>>53299366
What the fuck did you make me look at.
>>
File: JawmanDisapproves!.png (1MB, 901x910px) Image search: [Google]
JawmanDisapproves!.png
1MB, 901x910px
>>53298651
>>
File: JAWMANREALLYFUCKINGDISAPPROVES!.png (2MB, 1110x1278px) Image search: [Google]
JAWMANREALLYFUCKINGDISAPPROVES!.png
2MB, 1110x1278px
>>53298651
>>53299387
You shall come to know the sublime horror that is Jawman.
>>
How would Sakti Pata, the discipline of the Amara Havana bloodline from Ancient Bloodlines, work with the Iaido Fighting Style in Armory Reloaded?
Is the second dot worth anything to the fighting style? Could the toxic blood granted by the first dot be applied during a quick draw? Such as by keeping your palm over the blade as it's drawn?
>>
File: tumblr_m3h0a45OMO1qzbqw1o1_500.jpg (80KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3h0a45OMO1qzbqw1o1_500.jpg
80KB, 456x386px
>>53299426
>>
>>53299352
>However, just because you can doesn't mean you should

Bitch, don't tell me what to do!
>>
>>53299471
>>
>>53299511
Someone has Falling wisdom.
>>
File: sweet brown.jpg (80KB, 659x372px) Image search: [Google]
sweet brown.jpg
80KB, 659x372px
>>53299525

>wisdom
>>
>>53295491
Has Kemintiri not a relationship with Mithras? Is Mithras trans?
>>
>>53299782
Yes, Mithras is transgeneration and transclan now.
>>
Are there new titles for the Coils in 2nd edition Requiem? Or do I have to come up with my own when storytelling.
>>
>>53300065
Not sure what do you mean, Outside of 2 new coils in SotC the ones in rulebook kept their old names I think. Could be mistaken thou
>>
>>53300096
Blood, Banes, Beast, Flesh and Soul are gone, replaced by Ascendancy, Wyrm, and Voivode.
>>
>>53300110
Ach this is what I get for reading 1e for fluff only. My bad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTrdptLRrs
Clearly Rac has some sort of Spirit+Mind thing going on.
>>
>>53300125
Well the titles were heavily linked to the titles and I can't find new titles in the core book and the covenant books are now out of date.
>>
>>53300149
>titles were heavily links to the titles
I mean coils damn it
>>
>>53300167
Hm I do not recall seeing this anywhere in 2ed rule book so it would seem you will have to update them yourself
>>
Any backers got opinions on V20 DA Companion now that it's out?
>>
So is V20 or V5 worth giving a look if I hate VtM and enjoy VtR? I know v5 is not out yet but from previews are shaping it up to be how does it look?
>>
>>53300222
Fuck sake.
Of Equilibrium is easy enough I suppose but the rest are annoying since the three new Coils are a mish mash of the older coils.
>>
>>53300313
It's looking like V:tM lore with an update and more Requiem style mechanics.
>>
>>53300317
Isn't banes closely related to Ascendant?
>>
>>53300336
Requiem mechanics are cool and all but then I have to ask:
>Are the clans the same as they were in vtm?
>Metaplot is still there?
>Generations are still a thing?
>>
>>53300313
What do you dislike about Masquerade vs Requiem?

Is it the mechanics? The fluff?
>>
>>53300343
Yeah but there was a little more to Banes and Ascendancy is heavily focused on Sunlight and Fire specifically.
Of the Curse could still work for Ascendancy as an "ascending the curse" theme but it's feels off somehow.
Wyrm relates to Beast and Frenzy, so equating it to Terror is simplest of the three.
But Voivode doesn't relate to anything. It's related to blood but has nothing to do with hunger and is about abusing blood bonds rather than anything else. Of Authority could be a new one that works for it I think though.
>>
>>53300396
I dislike Owod mechanics as a whole but I'm not adverse to houserulling stuff in and out as I see fit so this isn't a deal breaker for me.

I have gripe with VtM fluff mostly
>I dislike the generations
Dump everything into generation at chargen or your character is going to be subpar. Also I don't like the whole idea of playing bad copy of a bad copy
>Clans
Stripped of metaplot and such clans seem to me redundant and act as a planet of hats
>Origins
I do not like cain and antes really. I do enjoy vague origins that requiem gave me becuse again I'm willing to put in the work to fill in the gaps

What I miss in VtR thou is lack of Jyhad and open conflict beetwen Covenants like there is beetween Sabat and Camarilla
>>
>>53300433
In Ancient Bloodlines there was daeva line called En with had nickname Emperors and was all about abusing blood bonds and diablerie.

How about "Of Empire" as cheesy as it sounds
>>
>>53300530
Of Empire sounds a little too specific, but I like the idea. Of Dominion?
>>
>>53300569
I like it. It has some weight behind it
>>
>>53300608
There's more to the word Dominion than a place that is ruled too, it can also apply to having dominion over a person as an adverb.
I like it, glad you mentioned Empire or I wouldn't have thought of it.
>>
>>53300631
Also Voivode is about both forming dynasty and working with mortal servants so it fits
>>
>>53300380
1. Not quite. Similar in broad strokes.
2. No
3. No
>>
>>53300669
Works for me, thanks.
>>
>>53300674
>2. No
>3. No

Oh hell yes. Are they replacing generation with blood potency or somethign else?
>>
>>53300489
As a Requiem storyteller I have the Covenants at constant odds with each other, not quite open warfare but tensions are usually high and Vampires tend to get aggressive easier if they know (or think) their covenant won't punish them for it.
Also certain covenants detest each other.
Particularly Invictus and Carthians hate each other, Crone and Sanctum are at religious odds, Ordo Dracul tends to make all the other four a little uncomfortable but is mostly neutral.
Everyone hates VII though. I wouldn't mind running a game where the players are trying to learn about VII.
>>
>>53300787
Yeah I know and this is how I play it most of the time. For my games I also replaced jyhad with shadow war wagged beetween conspiracies(as described in Danse Macabre) using covenants as proxy/pawns
>>
>>53300688
We don't know yet. They said that generation would be less defined and they've hinted that blood thickens and intensifies over time.

And yes, there is still a metaplot, it just seems to be greatly rolled back.
>>
>>53300866
>They said that generation would be less defined and they've hinted that blood thickens and intensifies over time.
More dumb Requiem shit. Meh, 5e will not be VtM anymore.
>>
>>53300380

>Are the clans the same as they were in vtm?
Same clans, but some of the plot related to them is updated.
>Metaplot is still there?
Yes, but updated - Camarilla is now a sort of secret vampire society that regular vamps who show promise get offered to join, Anarchs run the street level stuff.
>Generations are still a thing?
Yes, but they've said they want to make it less clear.

I don't know what the other anon, who's saying there is no metaplot, is talking about.
>>
File: 1471443324352.jpg (14KB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
1471443324352.jpg
14KB, 330x248px
Anyone else still holding the torch for Wraith?
>>
>>53301049
>
Yes, but updated - Camarilla is now a sort of secret vampire society that regular vamps who show promise get offered to join, Anarchs run the street level stuff.

Now this is something I can get behind. So are Sabat and Anarchs main rivals for control of the streets?
>>
>>53301082
Not white wolf
>>
File: 1469693520660.jpg (221KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
1469693520660.jpg
221KB, 960x643px
>>53301149
Come on, man... I mean, yeah, it's true, but still.
>>
>>53301146
It's not been fully explained yet, but much of the sabbat leadership has been called to the middle east by some unknown magics. We're not sure yet what that means for the organization.
I also forgot to mention that the reason the camarilla retreated is the start of the second Inquisition, where certain government agencies became aware of their existence.

There's still a lot of gaps to fill in but unlike the magefags and autists that make up most of this thread I'm relatively excited to see where they go with it
>>
>>53301082
It'll come out eventually.
I hope.
>>
>>53301713 here again

It's also worth considering - if you want the sabbat and the anarchs to be fighting for control of the streets, you could always just do that. I've had a campaign idea for a long time where the Ashirra (Dark Ages middle eastern camarilla equivalent) survives to modern nights and fills in the power vacuum left by the collapse of the USSR and the Brujah Council. Doesn't fit with the establishes metaphor but fuck it, you know?
>>
>>53301880
I see. I would guess that with camarilla turtling up in the basement younger vamps left alone would probably flock to Anarchs. So competition for control of the cities would be between reinforced Anarchs and Sabbat most of the time.
>>
>>53298473
They can pass through Astral Irises.
>>
So my Vampire group is gonna do something weird and I'm obligated to help them even though I have no idea how.
They want to build a four Vampire coterie, based on the Warhammer Chaos Gods.
They've got the concepts but want my help with fine details because I'm the autistic one who reads every single book.
Basically they're all going to be independent and so far we have;
Khorne, Gangrel-Brujah, he has no other plans besides Strength and Weaponry + Vigor. So far already pretty in character as the dumb muscle. He wants to use blood somehow but the only blood discipline I know of is Sakti Pata and that's from a Daeva bloodline
Tzeentch, some kind of Mehket, he wants to be the firearms and occult specialist, asking me for a bloodline relating to the most magic.
Nurgle, a Nosferatu medicine crafter who abuses toxins and being hard to kill. He wants to know if any bloodlines are even harder to kill or match the decay theme of Nurgle.
Slaanesh, Daeva with a pair of knives and fighting finesse, he wants to grab Kindred Dueling for the Carving merit granted by it but other than that wants some kind of initiative boosting bloodline.
I can appreciate what they're trying to do I guess but I wish they didn't need my help to do it. Anyone got any advice?
>>
>>53303192
>>53303192
>>53303192
>>
>>53301880
The Ashirra are still around in the modern era, last I saw, although largely staying put in the middle east and probably spending a lot of time hiding in holes avoiding the rabidly Faithful (and bomb-happy) populace.

An exodus from the region like the Schismatic Assamites are/were/will be doing, or at least following herds emigrating from the area, would be easy to write around, though.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.