[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 29

File: Legions.jpg (257KB, 1000x506px) Image search: [Google]
Legions.jpg
257KB, 1000x506px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where pants are optional.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Question of the thread: What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?

Previous thread >>53205202
>>
>>53268063
>Question of the thread: What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?
Erembour (filial resentment mixed with desire to impress)
>>
>>53268178
That sounds like an intimacy with an interesting story behind it.
>>
>>53268178

Erembour (desire to impregnate)
>>
>>53268307

Reminds me in my game when a player wanted to get rid of the sterile flaw to have and heir.

The fey got rid of that for him, in fact any woman he lies with will become pregnant with certainty, but he's also cursed so that if he goes a week without sex his balls will explode like too much air in a balloon.
>>
>>53268063
-Defining principle: "GULAKI ENGINEERING IS THE BEST IN AUTOCHTONIA!!!"*

*eventually changed to BEST IN CREATION
>>
>>53268262
>That sounds like an intimacy with an interesting story behind it.
My character is an Infernal so he gets to see mommy Erembour every once in a while in dream visions, which sometimes are just an excuse to drop by and chek up on him. And he just recently found out his dad is a Sidereal who went roning a while after he was conceived.

Needless to say, the eventual family reunion is going to be awkward.
>>
>>53267191
2.5e Errata -
When using a Martial Arts style which allows the use of Archery, Melee, or Thrown weapons by inclusion in the style's list of form-type weaponry, the character's attacks are capped by their rating in the associated Ability until the character has mastered the style’s Form-type Charm. For example, a character using Righteous Devil Style would base his Martial Arts attacks with firewands on his Archery score until learning Righteous Devil Form. This cap applies even if the style has no explicit additional Ability minimums. This condition does not apply to the first Martial Arts style the character wishes to learn; only subsequent styles are affected.
>>
speaking of martial arts...was there some rule that make it more difficult to learn another before training the first fully in 2e or am I remembering someone's houserule? iirc there was some training time shenanigans in learning more than one style at once?
>>
>>53269354
solution is to be a buttsex slut

welcom to magikal relm heuheuheu

;)
>>
File: MartialArtist3.jpg (425KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
MartialArtist3.jpg
425KB, 800x900px
>>53269354
>fae
>FAE
>he dealt with a fucking fae over something that probably could've been fixed in 3 seconds by anyone with decent Med Charms

He's lucky he didn't have his dick turned into a flower that jizzes needles that impregnate guys.
>>
>>53268063
>What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?
Personal freedom above all.
>>
File: VegetaSmirk.gif (996KB, 497x279px) Image search: [Google]
VegetaSmirk.gif
996KB, 497x279px
>>53268063
>Question of the thread: What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?

To be the strongest.
>>
>>53270421
>YWN delicately lick a girls 2-dozen-egg-carton abs.

Why live?
>>
Since someone asked last thread and I assumed they were talking about 3e here is the anwser about MA

Nope, if you have the dots in a relevant martial art and the proper form weapon you use the martial arts dots and dex or whatever if yo are using houserules to determine attack pools.

So for your example if I have dex 4 and Wood dragon 3 then if I wanna use a bow I will have a pool of 7, I can also either use Archery+ Dex or Martial Arts+Dex. Depending on which one I use however changes your usable charms because martial arts charms can't be combined with other normal combat charms
>>
>>53268063

Principal: Defend the mortals of creation (BE A HERO)
>>
>>53270197

That was only for DBs. If they've started learning a CMA and stop to start learning a TMA they add 1xp to the cost of learning every other charm in the CMA they've yet to learn. If a DB wants to learn a CMA, they really need to commit to it.
>>
>>53270421
Do you know the name of the artist that made the pic? I'm asking for... scientific research purposes.
>>
>>53271243
thanks
>>
>>53271300
saucenao
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19764287
>>
File: 1484195750830.jpg (548KB, 528x1416px)
1484195750830.jpg
548KB, 528x1416px
What's the latest news?
Latest I've heard was the those two chumps (Holden and Morke I think?) in leadership getting thrown out and replaced by other people
>>
>>53274110
That news is so old its engraved in stone tablets.
>>
File: 1494554902005.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494554902005.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53274150
That's why I'm asking
>>
>>53274492
well, there's an ask the devs thread where the new devs are actively answering questions, there's always new responses.
>>
File: 1472116063198.png (126KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
1472116063198.png
126KB, 400x407px
>>53274590
>ask devs thread
>devs answering questions
>>
>>53274110
You mean the guys that wrote the Ink Monkeys material, arguably the best stuff in Exalted? Overdrive charms, Solar Hero expansions, the history of the Daystar, Magnanimous Unbound sun? Holden also helped write the Alchemicals book, so well done it barely needed changes in 2.5. Getting rid of them was a mistake.
>>
>>53267191
>learning wood dragon doesn't let me take normal bow shots with martial arts right? because that seems silly
Why does it? Not like it's broken, they can't use Archery charms on such attacks anyway.
>>
>>53274733
I know it's weird, but these are the times we live in.
>>
If you're already carrying an attuned weapon but it's out of form, but you're using solar hero...would you change accuracy to -3 and have it count it as 'improvised'?
seems to me the spirit of the thing is that you'd pick it up during the fight
>>
>>53275290
I'd go farther and say improvised doesn't count anything that was actually made as a weapon anyway, so I'd say no even if it was unattuned and he snatched it during the fight.
>>
File: 1481102248323.jpg (21KB, 315x326px) Image search: [Google]
1481102248323.jpg
21KB, 315x326px
>>53274947
don't remind me of the cruel transgression
daystar a shit tho
>>
>>Edit
>Arms of the Chosen

Does that mean it will soon released?
>>
>>53276847
Late June probably. None of the art is done and I imagine each weapon and armor is going to be drawn. While simple tasks there will be a lot of them so it will take some time.
>>
>>53276965
Hopefully there aren't any delays beyond that in the art direction process. Like more fucking tracers.
>>
So apparently, Golden Janissary Style and Mantis Style are going to be in the DB book next to the Dragon Styles. Any thoughts?
>>
>>53279479
Am slightly annoyed that there won't be a Five-Dragon Style, but I get the reasons for excluding it from 3e.
>>
>>53279516
what were they?
>>
>>53279884
Five-Dragon Style didn't really have much theme or flavor to it. Granted, though, I personally would have just rewrote it, and probably will on my own time someday.
>>
>>53280177
Wouldn't it just be an entirely ne Martial Art with the same name then? Is there something specific about the Five-Dragon Style you feel worth salvaging?
>>
>>53282086
>Wouldn't it just be an entirely ne Martial Art with the same name then?

Essentially, though I'd probably also try to preserve the Charm names.
>>
My group is discussing reforming the Deliberative after a war with the Realm, what does /exg/ think of the first draft for the basics of the government?

Part 1
The Deliberative
The word 'Solar' is removed from the name of the government, as Solars no longer dominate. Members of the government will be accountable for their own actions. Any member (meaning all Celestial-level exalts and the thousand elected Terrestrials) who willfully and knowingly takes the life of even a single citizen will be stripped of all authority and rights in the Deliberative, holding no higher status than a mortal. Extenuating circumstances, such as accidents or self-defense, will be considered at trial. Anyone classified as a criminal loses all rights as a citizen and enjoys none of the protections of the Deliberative. The purpose of the government is to preserve and protect the freedoms of the people, not control their lives and destinies.

The Celestial Council
Solars, Lunars and Sidereals all have equal voice and equal votes. Each session, three rotating chairmen from each branch preside over the discussion. One Lunar, one Solar, and one Sidereal. Rotation will be according to age, eldest exalts of each type hold office first, then the next eldest in the following session, ending with the three youngest before starting over again. This is to give the younger exalts more time to gain experience governing before they are called on to serve as chairmen. An exception is made in special circumstances when the youngest exalt was chosen less than 5 years previously, in that situation the next eldest Exalt acts as an adviser to the younger for that session of the Deliberative.
>>
>>53282151
Part 2
Sessions will last as long as they are needed, and convened when needed. Exalts will be required to set aside other goals and projects until the session concludes, unless their presence elsewhere is critical. If this Exalt was to serve as a chairman, the previous chairman of their type shall serve a second term.

Abyssals and Infernals who legitimately reform/invert back to Solars will serve the Deliberative for three times as long as they served the Yozi/Neverborn, with full citizen's rights, but until their probation period is over will have no seat in the Deliberative.

The Celestial Council will have control of all magical material resources and allocate all use. The Council presides over all matters that involve demons of the Second Circle or higher, Yozis, the Underworld, the Wyld, Yu Shan, Incarnae, Behemoths, Greater Elemental Dragons and any events concerning a Direction or that affects the lives of ten thousand or more people. The Council may also intervene if and when the Thousand Dragons request it.

The Celestial Council will include several small committees who convene and deliberate as needed. There will be committees for magical material allocation, creation of new manses and modification of geomancy, the creation of new species, foreign relations (including Freeholds, the Dual Monarchy, the Mountain Folk and the Lintha), matters of sorcery, and relations with the Bureaus of Yu Shan. New committees will be formed as needed.
>>
>>53282169
Part 3
The Thousand Dragon Council
Terrestrials will have their own council of one thousand representatives, each elected and speaking on the behalf of a portion of the full Dragon-Blooded Host. This council will in turn send ten of their number to each session of the Deliberative, and each will have an equal vote, but they may not serve as chairmen. The Thousand Dragon Council will be the voice of the people in the government, all Terrestrials will be required to bring any complaints or requests they hear from the people to the attention of their representative, who in turn brings it to the Council. The Council may settle the matter themselves if it is within their power, or they may choose to bring it up at the next Deliberative session if time and necessity require it. Unless requested otherwise, members of the Celestial Council may not sit in on the Thousand Dragons.

Lost Eggs will be welcomed into the Terrestrial community, and immediately have the right to vote and be voted for Council membership.

The Thousand Dragons are considered to be in session at all times, and meet as needed depending on the issue at hand, in addition to mandatory weekly assemblies.

The Thousand Dragons preside over all matters that involve First Circle demons, ghosts in Creation, and any event that affects less than ten thousand people, or a single city not on the Isle.
>>
>>53282187
Final part
Fate Manipulation
Specifically, the powers of the Sidereal Exalted. No charms, astrologies or sorcery that manipulates the fate of others is permitted for use on or against citizens without the permission of the Celestial Council. Fate powers that affect only the user can be used freely. The Loom of Fate may only be used with the unanimous vote of the Celestial Council. Violation results in immediate loss of citizenship.
>>
>>53282151
>>53282169
>>53282187
>>53282200
Do you already have the support of a good chunk o the Celestila Exalted? If you don't, getting them to join this system might be hard. There are plenty of restrictions, and even the more benevolent Exalted, being the products of their time an environment, might see checks and balances as hindrances more than anything else.
>>
>>53282378
Right now, we have five circles allied with us and good relations with others. The selling point will be that this is a system the Terrestrials are more likely to accept, less power in the hands of Solars and a much greater say for themselves than they expected. One of the reason they rebelled the first time was feeling obsolete, having real power in the government can prevent that from happening. Plus, having ten members with a place in a council of a few dozen, it ensures their voice will mean something.
>>
playing a mortals game, what are some cool ideas for essence tokens from a demense of undetermined aspect?
>>
>>53282200
But who controls the purse, anon? Forget MMs, that's where the REAL power in any government lies.
>>
File: 1273590904958.jpg (228KB, 600x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1273590904958.jpg
228KB, 600x3600px
>>53282151
>>53282169
>>53282187
>>53282200
What about the rampant corruption?
>>
>>53282151
>>53282169
>>53282187
>>53282200
>Any member (meaning all Celestial-level exalts and the thousand elected Terrestrials) who willfully and knowingly takes the life of even a single citizen will be stripped of all authority and rights in the Deliberative, holding no higher status than a mortal.

Easily abusable. Who will decide you need to be stripped of your status? When will they decide it? If I fate kung fu you into killing somebody, you are thoroughly fucked.

>Anyone classified as a criminal loses all rights as a citizen and enjoys none of the protections of the Deliberative.

'If you're a criminal you can be killed, enslaved, and eaten.' Enjoy your dystopian society.

>The Celestial Council

Baring special circumstances, the eldests will never change. That means 2/3 of your chairmen will always be the same, and age is a terrible descriptor of value. What if your eldest solar is a political dick that is all but partial?

Just elect your chairmen every 5 years or so, or something.

>Sessions will last as long as they are needed, and convened when needed.

Stupid. Who choose when they are needed? What for? What if there is urgency somewhere, but a large faction block the proceeding because they don't want to talk about it?

Exceptional sessions should be a thing, but there's a reason regular sessions are one too.

>Abyssals and Infernals who legitimately reform/invert back to Solars will serve the Deliberative for three times as long as they served the Yozi/Neverborn, with full citizen's rights, but until their probation period is over will have no seat in the Deliberative.

Time is a terrible way to gauge if an Abyssal or Infernal has reformed. What if that dickish Abyssal served one day his neverborn master before infiltrating the deliberative? Three days of rehab? Seriously?
>>
>>53284754
cont'

How does the Council governs, exactly? Does it pass laws? How does it pass laws? How does it enforce it? What happens if the Council isn't unanimous, as it won't do to? What happens if a large faction says 'fuck it'? Do you have a police? Sanctions? Enforceable sanctions? By whom?

What happens if something really urgent happens, like a 3CD killing countries, and the deliberative needs to take action NOW. What happens if there is a bitchfest during the procedures? Does Creation die while the Deliberative deliberate?

3/10 they tried. Thoroughly impracticable as any form of government.
>>
>>53284754
>>53284839
>>53282200
If you want something that actually works, and don't want to read boring Constitutions of countries like France or the U.S or Great Britain (not that they are boring at all and you should read them anyway), read the original MSY charter of To The Stars: fanfiction.net/s/7406866/22/To-the-Stars

It just werks. It has everything, from enforcement, to edicts, sanctions, fund management, and exceptions.

The deliberative is a governing body, so it is obviously different, but for an organization of magically inclined people working together, it could certainly be worst.
>>
>>53284161
That would be one of the committees.

>>53284754
>easily abuseable
That's that trials are for, it's not instant and arbitrary.

>killed and eaten
They're at no more risk than people outside the Deliberative's borders. Also, maybe don;t commit crimes.

>Council
Wrong, the idea is the chairmen are on a rotating schedule. The eldest Solar can only serve a Chairman in one session out of 150, 300 if they turn all the Abyssal and Infernals.

>who chooses when they are needed
When something happens that the Council a a whole has to discuss, a session of the Deliberative is held.

>Time
Is not how they are judged, they must be determined to be reformed before their service begins. If said theoretical Abyssal can overcome the scrutiny of a hundred of Solars, Lunars and Sidereals trying to see if he's really defecting, the Deliberative was doomed to fail regardless.

>>53284839
The same way any government does. Laws are discussed and voted on. Unanimous vote is only needed for the Loom itself, not everything they discuss. The rest is decided by the appropriate committee, a group chosen to oversee that aspect of society as needed, yet still subject to scrutiny by the Council if something goes wrong.

If something happens that needs to be handled immediately, like a 3CD, then Exalts in the area will handle it themselves. The Council would only need to be involved if someone wants to summon or bind one, not just keep it from hurting people. "Bitchfests" would be handled by the chairmen, it's their job to moderate the Council.

Some valid questions, but I feel you missed some parts.
>>
>>53282151
I personally think every exalt should get to have a voice in the council, but then again I am a sucker for organizing the new Realm along the Perfect Circle. You know, cut the threshold into sixty pieces, give each perfect circle, Solars with Lunar mates, sworn dragonbloods and a sidereal advisor as a liaison to the bureau of destiny, which, in itself should concentrate more on giving bored exalts jobs aside from micromanaging every single aspect of their freakin empires.
Also give dragonblooded votes in the Celestial council as families. They are already in a dynastic arrangement and internal power struggles would it make more difficult for families to focus on destroying the realm. Again.
that way most exalts would hopefully do what they are best at without inciting too much curse troubble. Solars wouldn't be able to make big decisions without the whole deliberative agreeing and can focus on forging new lands from the wyld, Sidereals would stop planning and act as caretakers of the metaphysical integrity of creation, thereby watching Solars closely, Lunars would act as Stewards of the lands of the Solars, especially the borders, and dragonbloods would do what they always do: administrative work and footsoldiers. At best you'd integrate Alchemicals as additional liaison for mortals and dragonbloods to the other celestials. The way they function would set a certain sense of a goal to work for in life, earning the right to become a celestial in the next.

I like your take on Fate Manipulation
>>
So currently I'm playing a game of Exalted 2.0, with Errata being selectively used by the ST, Mortal Heroes game and I wanted to create a Terrastrial Martial Arts based on Hamon which my ST approved of if I could manage it (http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Ripple for reference). I was thinking a Martial Art that mostly did Stamina + Integrity rolls (To represent breath control and discipline during combat) as well as Willpower costs over Essence. A focus not on Creatures of Darkness but Creatures of Death.

Could you guys help me or am I barking up the wrong tree?
>>
>>53285206
>The same way any government does.
There is no one way every government goes about these things, though. Enforcement of laws and ecrees, in particular, requires elaboration. What, exactly, are the various committees authorized to do? Are you really going to disenfranchise each and every criminal, no matter the crime?
>>
>>53268063
Inspired by a really dumb (but funny) thread on another board as well as that one time someone shared the rather 'meh' Exalted Modern Age story of how their GM went full /pol/ and flat earther I got to thinking:

"How could one rationalize a round earth in a Modern Age Exalted game?"

As far as conspiracies go, this is actually a pretty funny one to use in a game of Modern Exalted. Sure, some would say it's goofy or silly but it would mesh rather well with the pre-existing setting as seen in the Shards of the Exalted Dream book. Now keep in mind this may mean re-imagining some of the geography of this hypothetical modern age Creation. While the Antarctica parallel are clear with the North, how would one make a conspiracy to avoid people going in any direction to check the Elemental Poles?
>>
>>53282151
>>53282169
>>53282187
>>53282200

Jesus. I'm a liberal but compared to you I'm a conservative.

I'm not sure any of these wishful ideas would work. It is like socialism. It only scratched a surface of the problem (current system doesn't work. We gonna make it better) and thinks happy thoughts and care bears will take care of everything. Only when the problems occur do you realize you don't have the means, laws, terminology or process to fix the problems.
>>
>>53287173
But hey, it's Exalted: let them try to implement their mess and see how it will implode on itself.
>>
>>53282584
Celestial Exalted are powerful enough to be states in and of themselves, Terrestrials accepting it is only one of the problems. Celestial accepting it is another.

The entire reason the Solar deliberative was set up was because certain elder solars chafed under the rule of solar queen merela, which forced her to divest large portion of her powers.

Your system turns a monarchy into parliamentary sovereignty. But when the individuals within your system are powerful enough to reject it alone, it ain't gonna work.

Take the case of Tributaries in the first age. (Dreams of the First Age, Pg 20) Elder solars powerful enough can and have rejected the authority of the deliberative.
>>
>>53268063
Defining Intimacy: Ragara Sei-Fong, Infamous Playwright (Disbelieving admiration)

He's basically Ed Wood and Uwe Boll rolled into one.
>>
>>53287107
you never really reach them though. maybe the world is just really big and weird. the fairfolk aren't outsiders they're some kind of plague that's got humanity pushed back to a comparatively small area and the government is lying about how well that eternal war is going. we haven't pushed them back to the edges of the map and presented a strong enough front to prevent incursions for millennia, we're on our last legs and sticking our heads in the sand! wake up sheeple

so what stops people from checking? nothing, but you'll either turn back or be killed by fairfolk before you ever manage to circumnavigate the globe(technically true)
>>
What color of Jade does the Imperial Treasury use for making coinage?
>>
>>53285206
>The same way any government does. Laws are discussed and voted on. Unanimous vote is only needed for the Loom itself, not everything they discuss.

So what. 51% of the votes are needed to pass a normal law? 2/3? 3/4?

Every government does it vastly differently. It's like you have absolutely no idea of how a government actually works.

Also, how do you modify that Constitution? All Constitutions in the world have a clause about modifying it, because of course you'll need that sometime in the future, it's common sense.

>The rest is decided by the appropriate committee, a group chosen to oversee that aspect of society as needed

Who choose the committees, and how? What's the maximal size of a committee? What are the limits of committees?

>yet still subject to scrutiny by the Council if something goes wrong.

Alright, you're beginning to think correctly about the whole thing. See it as an exercise in cheating and counter-cheating. If there is the smallest way to abuse your system, it will be abused, again and again and again in the future.

>If something happens that needs to be handled immediately, like a 3CD, then Exalts in the area will handle it themselves.

So the Council confirms the jurisdiction of local Exalts in case of crisis? That's good to know. It really should have been in the draft, because, you know, it's really fucking important.

>"Bitchfests" would be handled by the chairmen, it's their job to moderate the Council.

What sanctions? By whom? How?

>When something happens that the Council a a whole has to discuss, a session of the Deliberative is held.

Who decide? Do you need a certain percentage of the deliberative to agree that something is worth discussing before a session is held? Do you need only 1 deliberative? What happens if that motherfucka decides to call a session every monday because he likes to piss everyone off?

Also, that disenfranchising criminal thing reads like 15 years old politics.
>>
>>53289158
White. The Mountain Folk's tithe is the largest and most consistent.
>>
>>53289179
>>53285206
Also what happens if someone doesn't show up to an extraordinary session? What happens if there's, like, 3 attendants for 700 deliberatives? Do they get to pass laws if two of those three agree that Creation should be destroyed?

Is attendance obligatory? And if yes, how do you enforce it? What sanctions? By whom?

Honestly, I could go on and on, but I hope you got it.

Your attempt to a Deliberative is both naive and absurdly cruel, as far as your treatment of criminals is concerned. Like the first attempt of a 13 years old to describe a political system (criminals are BAD and should be punished, and... hum... the guys they are together and they decide. Together. And stuff). Try again, and it will be my pleasure to tell you if you're on the right path.
>>
>>53289311
And this, class, is why democracy doesn't work.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
>>
>>53289451

No. These are all examples of anon not understanding the complexity of politics and society and trying to change current system with one that "wishful ideological thinking". We are all just trying to help him see he didn't think this through.
>>
>>53290058

Interesting, I'm curious to know if the aura state has any inherent effects beyond keyword interactions
>>
>>53289538
Hooooo boy. Interesting stuff.
>>
>>53287107

You play Scion instead.
>>
>>53289538
>Dragon-Blooded can autoerotically asphyxiate other people

ok
>>
>>53286181

It might be easier to use that holy flame MA.
>>
>>53287107

>Exalted Modern Age story of how their GM went full /pol/

I missed this. What happened?

Also a round planet in Exalted Modern I don't think would change things much aside from describing how the Wyld would work along with the elemental poles.
>>
>>53290882
You laugh but there's probably a niche for this that House Cynis Air Aspect courtesans fill.
>>
File: Hamon Exalted 2.5 Attempt.pdf (38KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Hamon Exalted 2.5 Attempt.pdf
38KB, 1x1px
>>53286181
Here's my crack at it. How does it look? Thinking about tuning it down a little so the part about Creatures of Death is only Lethal instead of Agg.
>>
>>53291054
I think the focus on harming creatures of death rather than creatures of darkness in general is a good enough tradeoff already.
>>
>>53291152
Really? I personally feel access to agg, even conditional agg, as a TMA may have been going a bit too far.

Though, the thought of a Mortal Joestar in Creation striking a young Abyssal with Metal Silver Overdrive (Tetsubo) + Ripple Overdrive + Ripple Beat is great. Boost accuracy and raw damage by up to five, grants two extra attacks, while lowering DVs by up to 3, he is a Mortal, with a massive 10 B being converted into 10 Agg. That's 15 Agg Raw before Strength, let's assume only a strength of 2 which rounds out to 17 Agg before any successes.

Assuming the average DV for a Abyssal is 6-7, lowered to 3-4, and a dice pool of 4 Dex + 5 Martial Arts + 3 Specialty (Something like The Ripple?) you'll average at 6 Successes. Which results in 20(!) Agg before soak.

It probably be one of the few times a Solar-Equivalent Perfected through a singular, non-Mass, Mortal attack. Even with a perfect they're spending ~8 motes to your 3, not counting for the additional 2 committed to Metal Silver Overdrive because it's like having an artifact except way worse.

Just thought I was overstepping my boundries there with the easy access to, conditional, Agg.
>>
>>53290925
>I missed this. What happened?
Basically, he ran mostly out-of-the-box Modern Exalted, as described in Shards except he told his players he was going for a round world. The 'genius' twist is basically that Creation was indeed flat and that monotheism and society is ran by the Yooz (or Yozite), which are basically the Infernals from the book except they're the jews with a different name and indulge in all this shit infernal shit (like eating babies and raping children while eating pizza) which, really, does exist in canon to be fair.

The really funny and fascinating thing that got out of this post was how little he changed from the Shards book. The elements were all already there, what with White Wolf/Onyx Path's hateboner for society and civilization, especially western one. All he did was make the Infernals not!Jews. And even THAT is barely an invention if one adds up the details from the book which parallel our world.

>Though Meruvia is religiously pluralistic, a majority identifies with the Immaculate Church, a monotheistic religion born of a Southern desert cult. Doctrine claims an omnipotent God shaped Creation from Chaos millennia ago, then redeemed humanity with the death and resurrection of the wisest of his seven sons—emerald-eyed Lucien, the Phoenix Angel, Prince of the House of Journeys.
I mean, come on. If we go with that Monotheism in Modern Exalted is basically worshiping Malfeas by proxy and it's history mirror Christianity (which has roots in Judaism)...then yeah, the not!jews were/are totally Yozi worshipers.

Oh and their ties to the Ebon Dragon and the fact their soldiers are the Dragon-Blooded connect to 'reptilian' conspiracies. Some people got offended by the post but I actually found it hilarious because someone had so easily twisted the writing of oh-so-progressive WW/OP into /pol/ wet dream.
>>
>>53292068
That's...wow. ...There's a part of me that would love to see this story reach Vance's ears, but it's tempered by the fact that Vance generally isn't an asshat about his beliefs and usually writes good shit.
>>
>>53292352
I'm serious man. Having read Shards a whole lot, when I read that thread I went "Wait. Shit son, he barely changed anything.". That's the scary part.
>>
>>53292068
>The Yozis spread their tendrils throughout reality. Malfeas— worshipped as the One True God or the Black Jade Emperor—is immanent in the endless void between the stars, while his sister Cecelyne—whom mortals call Saint Cecilia or the Silver Dowage

I double checked and, yes, the monotheist god counterpart in Modern Exalted is indeed Malfeas. Now you could just chart shit up to coincidence but lets be real that no coincidence were intended for Modern Age. It was all deliberate. So yes, do the maths here: if Christianity is Yozi worship in disguise then what does that make Judaism? You could just say 'oh well...j-jews don't exist!" to try to dodge the question but then you just shoot yourself in the foot now don't you? Sure it's more of a Gnostic idea which is fine and all but they specifically mention that it has roots in desert cults, hinting its from the South of Creation. The part which has always been middle-eastern inspired.

>This world belongs to the Infernals. The Yozis are bound, but through their servants they can wreak their malice upon Creation. Some are celebrities, some quietly identifiable public figures, and some exist wholly in secret. All work behind the scenes to manipulate mortal society, opposing the better angels of human nature while feeding their baser instincts, in order to please their Yozi masters.

I'm aware the book specifically does NOT add a racial component to the Infernals but it's a little hard to not come to the conclusion this one /pol/lack GM did.
>>
>>53289538
Yooooo this looks pretty sick actually.
>>
File: Zaheer.png (122KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Zaheer.png
122KB, 444x250px
>>53289538
Seems familiar...
>>
>>53293234
Reminder that exalted came first. First edition core book predates avatar the last airbender.
>>
>>53294217
Thank you. Now I feel old.
>>
>>53291812
>>53291054
>>53291152
People still play 2nd Edition!?
>>
>>53295188
Yes, the same way people still play AD&D.
>>
>>53295273
No offense meant to them, just 2nd Edition was a bit of a mess is all.
>>
>>53295290
So was AD&D.
>>
>>53295317
AD&D actually works, though.
>>
>>53295290
>>53295317
>>53295331
Eeeeeh, my point is more 'people-will-still-play-older-editions'. Especially if they have a huge, physical collection.
>>
How bad an idea would be to sumon Ithuya and order her to build me a manse?
>>
>>53295802
If you can bind her not all that bad.
Speaking of, how do demons feel about their binding after the fact? Do they hold grudges if they were ordered to do stupid stuff?
>>
>>53296927
Probably depends on the demon. Some will hold grudges, some will just consider it one of the annoying but inevitable aspects of life.
>>
>>53298245
The ones you need to be most careful of are the ones who appreciate it greatly
>>
>>53291054
Not bad. BTW easy way to measure your stuff is to look at some of the sub-par TMA's like Five Dragons, buy in for something you can stunt, and the really good TMA's like Arbitrator's which allows you summon up to two three dot Artifacts (Weapon and Armor) out of nowhere.
>>
>>53289538
this is some cool shit
>>
>>53296927
Depends on the situation. Even if they are bound for a retarded reason they are still out of hell at the moment. So as long as they don't have pressing business back home or have the summoner do things like rip their tongues out I think in general it should work out.

I still remember the time A PC summoned Ligier to be his drinking companion. Because he wanted a classy refined man to take shots with.
>>
>>53299804
>I still remember the time A PC summoned Ligier to be his drinking companion. Because he wanted a classy refined man to take shots with.

Awesome.
>>
>>53287107
IIRC in 2e it mentions that the aftermath from releasing the Kukla will turn the world round and divide the land into seven continents.
>>
>>53296927
Idea: PC summons She Who Surmounted The Omphalos, and since he knows that her guiding motivation is to find a new motivation after she lost her old one by climbing to the top of Mount Meru and defeating all the gods and elementals at the top, he task-binds her to the task of "Make your new purpose in life to love and serve me as my chief concubine."

How could this possibly go wrong, given how demons understand and follow both the letter and intentions of their bindings?
>>
>>53268063

a defining tie to a black claw stylist
>>
>>53296927
>If you can bind her not all that bad.
>"Borne upon infernal winds, the dragon Iyutha glares down at the Demon City with a heart full of venom. She loathes love and harmony and stability with every fiber of her being."
>"Only in watching her efforts yield the fruit of betrayal does she sincerely smile."
I dunno, man. I can't see this ending well.
>>
>>53268063
I still have trouble with Intimacies. I can never tell if I have too many or not enough, and how to rate them. Are you not supposed to have more than one Defining level Intimacy?
>>
>>53289538

Blossom-Hides-Thorns seems excessively wordy for what it accomplishes mechanically. It basically allows you to treat yourself or one of your allies as if you were in stealth at the start of combat, if combat starts while you are in the middle of a performance.

Yeah?
>>
>>53303278
> I can never tell if I have too many or not enough, and how to rate them.

As a rule of thumb, it's better to have too many than too few. Their rating is a kind of a signal to the ST, similar to Motivation from previous editions. It tells them what kinds of stories and challenges you want to deal with.

>Are you not supposed to have more than one Defining level Intimacy?

I don't think the rules ever say you're not allowed to have more than one Defining Intimacy,
>>
>>53302627
For one, once the binding is over, her intimacies can change. Secondly, people can't just will themselves to feel certain way, at least not with the intensity of a defining intimacy, so Stanewald would probably have to work to make herself love you. Who knows what kinds of shenanigans she might get up to while doing so. If everything goes well, you'd best make sure you'll never change your mind and decide you want someone else to e your chief concubine, because Stanewald will have none of that.
>>
Say, are there any cool training charms outside of lore?
>>
>>53304448
War.
>>
File: THE DICE GODS.png (125KB, 422x1622px) Image search: [Google]
THE DICE GODS.png
125KB, 422x1622px
First session, we are playing heroic mortals. We are in a mini-dungeon of linear challenges. To proceed after each challenge the group must gather near door which opens while another door closes behind us. We find wounded member of the previous group that tried the gauntlet before us, a friend of my PC. Next door would not open with him nearby. With defining intimacy of "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves" I am practically required to try to not leave him behind. And this happens
>>
>>53304483
League of Iron Preparation and assorted following charms, if I am correct?
>>
>>53304840
Someone get this man an exaltation
>>
are these shit? [2.5e]
https://pastebin.com/m5kuZBJw
>>
>>53304448

Sea Devil Training Technique in Sail.
>>
>>53305351
edit- typo, that should have been difficulty 3 not 5
>>
>>53304840
either he gets left behind in the next room anyway(in which case all you've done is trap him farther in the dungeon) or you've allowed a hazard from the previous room to join your party and eventually stab you in the back(changeling saboteur of some sort)

the doors don't open unless you all gather at it, how would his party leave him behind?
>>
>>53305711
you'll know which by whether the next door accepts him as part of the group now because he entered with you
>>
>>53305711
Or maybe he is the only member of the group left and the rest are dead?
>>
>>53305842
then he should have been able to represent the entire group and open the next door himself even if left behind by the pc. if not, then we're back to "hes fucked at the next door"
>>
>>53305445
I really like sail this time around, but sailing is hard to justify outside the west. Where it's all pirates all the time
>>
>>53307031
Airships in the North, rivers everywhere except deep South. It isn't that hard, though admittedly not every campaign will give sail room to shine.
>>
File: WinterSolar.jpg (175KB, 736x1061px) Image search: [Google]
WinterSolar.jpg
175KB, 736x1061px
>>53296927
>Do they hold grudges if they were ordered to do stupid stuff?

I sure hope they do, otherwise I'm taunting most of Malfeas for no reason.
>>
Suppose I'm lord of the region and my main prison has been filled with so many convicts over the years to the point it's starting to resemble the Kowloon Walled City and not even selling them as slaves en masse is putting a dent on the problem. To resolve this situation, I do the sensible thing and summon Suntarankal. Once I bind him I say "My prisons are grossly overcrowded and not even selling them as slaves is alleviating the problems they cause or the strain they put on my coffers. In order to solve that problem, I'm giving them over to you as pupils. Every inmate in my prison is yours now to do with them as you see fit. With one caveat: anyone who manages to graduate you must teach absolute loyalty to me, and then bring them to me so they may become my bodyguards."

My problem is as follows: Can Suntarankal appear in his Hell-Dojo form in Creation? If he can't, does he have means to whisk them to Malfeas and then back to me or does that have to be solved through portals or sending them the old-fashioned way?
>>
>>53308031
>My problem is as follows: Can Suntarankal appear in his Hell-Dojo form in Creation?
He probably can. Does he have any special means to teach absolute loyalty, though? Also have you considered what happens to the inmates still in training when the binding ends?
>>
>>53305711
He went near enough to the door so it would open. The others continued promising to come back for him.
You enter your name before you enter the gauntlet. At the door our names glowed gold, while his glowed red. As far as I know he's my friend an I am not leaving him behind.
>>
>>53289538
Awh yiss

Gimme dem Deebs
>>
>>53296927
2nd and thrid probably do, first it's unlikely you're demeaning enough to overshadow the vacation from hell AND still stand out enough once they're back to dwell too much on it. I'm sure they hold little tiny grudges in the back of their minds and maybe in an opportunistic way if they ever happen to cross your path again unbound they might remember it, but I seriously doubt they'd put any real effort into it
>>
File: 1464651882525.jpg (1MB, 2880x2586px) Image search: [Google]
1464651882525.jpg
1MB, 2880x2586px
So Exalted fans, serious question; What is so great about the setting/background? Why should I use the Exalted lore rather than just having my players help me in coming up with a high fantasy world/setting?
>>
>>53309039
It's nuanced and interconnected with a flavourful background that allows for the high level shenangins that are possible with the system.
>>
>>53309039
>>53309039
Because creation would be fucked in any other setting and as is, only trule great heroes would be able to unfuck most of it before the next balorian crusade happens or the next great contagion wipes way the world.
Creation as is, is a place of opportunity for everyone who can make a difference and that is literally what it means to be exalted: being given the means to make a difference.
Tl;dr it works good with the idea and themes of the line.
>>
>>53295802
why would you do that? did you mean to type 'amalion'?
>>
>>53309192
Can you give any good examples, maybe I'm not well read enough on the background (although I have read a decent bit) but most of it didn't seem that well connected.

>>53309257
That seems more like a premise than a reason, I, equally, could make a setting which is threatened by world rocking powers and in many respects you would have to to challenge the power level of the PC's, but that isn't intrinsic to the Exalted setting.

I'm not asking why should I play Exalted, I'm already running a (Super?) high fantasy game and loving it, I'm asking what is unique about Exalted that makes the setting worth using?
>>
>>53309737
What makes the setting unique to me is that despite the high power level, there's a lot of focus and emphasis put on the day-to-day lives of normal people. The game has rules for contracting disease and bleeding out that your Exalted characters will never use, and that's honestly really important. The game also has a sociological focus, and isn't afraid to go into the details of trade and local ritual. That's the stuff I respect.
>>
>>53309578
>why would you do that?
I'm a Solar, I don't NEED reason.

>did you mean to type 'amalion'?
Nope.
>>
>>53309737
The metaphysical history. Everything comes back to the Primordials/Yozi/Neverborn. They made the setting. They were the impetus for the creation for the exalted. 2 of them assisted in their creation. They made the great curse that led to the Usurpation. They broke the prison that held the solar exaltations. In 1e the finale was the returne of a Primordial and his creations to the world.In 2e the Reclamation was the greatest threat. In 3e with the removal of the Reclamation the servants of the Neverborn become the greatest threat.

The Primordials are the glue that hold the game together. Everything draws from them.
>>
>>53308537
Then shouldn't the others have been stuck in the next room without him?
>>
>>53309878
This is what Infernal apologists actually believe.
>>
>>53309257
>only trule great heroes would be able to unfuck most of it before

to be fair those same guys fucked it in the first place. without first age solars none of the 2nd age problems would even exist
>>
Ceres: The Shattered Maiden
Neptune: The Drowned Maiden
Eris: The Tired Maiden
Pluto: The Dead Maiden
Uranus: The Bleeding Maiden
>>
>>53309973
Name one thing that came about that was not caused in some way by the primordials. You can't because the setting was literally made by them.
>>
>>53310071
Actually, Primordials were made from the Wyld. Everything is an aspect of the Wyld and could dissolve back to it. Creation's permanence is temporary.
>>
>>53295188
Why wouldn't they? The story and ideas are actually cool. Mechanics were fucked, but no one ever played Exalted because the mechanics were awesome.

Also, just like the 1st to 2nd transfer, their turnaround for books covering the old shit is horrible. Actually even worse this time around. So if you want to actually play with everything, you still need to play the older edition.
>>
>>53309784
See that seems a pretty cool reason, certainly my players in the game i'm currently running get alot of kicks from dealing with the intricacies of dealing people alot smaller than them.

My only caution is that games with trade can sometimes get very focused on minutiae, where players try to lever a small advantage to do big things very cautiously.
>>
>>53310147
Just like everything...
>>
>>53310177
Manacle and Coin and Games of Divinity would be the two books to read in addition to the 1e or 3e corebooks if you want to really dig into the Exalted setting and loot it for good ideas.

Manacle and Coin covers a lot of the mundane trade of Creation; especially the drug and slave trades. Games of Divinity covers a lot of the high-flying metaphysics that people like. In particular, the chapter on Hell is the best in the line.
>>
>>53307131

Sandships in the South. Arms might port the Landship from 2e as well.
>>
>>53309949
I think the dungeon recognizes him as casualty or something, there was a dead body in the next room, but we ran out of time and ended the session there. We'll continue next week
>>
File: Florida Man.jpg (44KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
Florida Man.jpg
44KB, 600x434px
When the core was leaked some anons bitched about how each martial art required its own XP investment to advance, instead of having all martial arts just key off of your Brawl score. Now that people have actually had time to play the fucking game instead of whining without context, can I get some opinions on whether this is actually a bad thing? Is forcing you to pay XP for a new ability every time you want a new martial art actually bad in terms of game balance?
>>
>>53310996
No, but having to buy a Merit is the great devil Satan, though.
>>
>>53310996
Each Martial art style is usable with specific weapons, has it's own charm tree like any other ability. It's not like back in 2e where you get access to ALL(literally hundreds) of the Martial charms with upgrading only one ability
>>
>>53310996
>>53311009
The logic is this:
You can spend Solar XP on MA charms. MA Charms (with Mastery effects especially) are on par Solar Charms. By spending your Solar XP on MA charms and your normal XP on normal charms, you have a 80% increase in the amount of charms you can acquire.

Let's take the worst case scenario of you starting MA during game play instead of using the actual dots.

A MA rating of 5 favored is 19 XP. Merit is 12 XP. With 31 XP sunk in, you end up Charm Positive at 31 Solar XP, which for a starting character would let them buy their first MA charm at the threshold of Essence 2. (39 XP)

From that point on, you could buy Solar Combat charms and MA charms at the same time. By Essence 3, 125 XP. 69 XP is 8 MA charms. Assuming the player spent all his XP on charms, he would now have 15 extra Solar charms and 8 MA charms, which is 53.3% more than a person without MA.

This is pretty much the worst case. With dots purchased in chargen, you'd be at 12 MA charms, which is 80% more charms than the non-MA user.
>>
>>53311169
That assumed MA supernal. Otherwise your are getting like 3 charms with a single MA merit purchase at E1
>>
>>53311252
You would get to Essence 2 by the time you've spent XP on two MA charms, and qualify for more.
>>
>>53311277
Solar XP does not count towards essence advancement.
>>
>>53311009
>>53311069
Thank you for your input

>>53311169
Uh, but is it actually realistic to spend anywhere near that much Solar XP on MA charms? Have you played an MA character or in a group with one? Because it seems to me that'd actually leave you painfully over-specialized and lacking in attributes, abilities, merits, etc. Plus, MA style weapons and armor don't overlap much, so blowing XP on three or more style seems unrewarding.
>>
>>53311320
It does not. In the aforementioned example, you would get 5 normal and 4 solar per session. By the time you've spent 39 XP to get your first MA charm, you're at 50 normal experience, which is the threshold for Essence 2.
>>
>>53311331
It's generally better to start out with the MA merit and 3-5 dots in your MA style and then use the Solar XP to get 2-3 charms to get basic fighting competence. You still win out hugely in the long run, while being able to spend Solar XP on other things.
>>
>>53311331
It's not that bad really. I play a martial arts supernal in my game, we're at 105 XP and 84 sXP. So far I've got all the Crane charms, Single Point up to the form charm, and just recently bought my first White Reaper charm. I've got plenty of other charms though. I am basically the designated ass-kicker though, but then the circle Dawn usually is.
>>
>>53309039
>So Exalted fans, serious question; What is so great about the setting/background? Why should I use the Exalted lore rather than just having my players help me in coming up with a high fantasy world/setting?

>>53309737
>I'm not asking why should I play Exalted, I'm already running a (Super?) high fantasy game and loving it, I'm asking what is unique about Exalted that makes the setting worth using?

I doubt it is the same for everyone but I guess it is that Exalted just has this way of being a grabbag of ideas that, at times, makes it a rather appealing and exotic setting while still having it's ideas rooted in mythology and history. It's a feel somewhat similar to the Hyborian age, but one which has been drenched in gold paint, put in a blender in anime and set on fire. It's nothing unique to Exalted but Exalted has had years to grow on it's own. That and, I suppose, there wasn't anything like it at the time. There are plenty of good and interesting Exalted-like indie settings but none has had the time and exposure to grow into the gloriously stupid mess that is Exalted.
>>
>>53310047

>keked at "Uranus bleeding"
>>
>>53310047
I don't know wtf Five 'Lost Maidens' would even do or bring to a setting but I do know that there is some shenanigan potential in there.
>>
>>53310996
it's a little weird when melee lets you use any weapon type and preform covers everything from speeches to dance to tubas. kinda like craft in 2e
>>
>>53308142
>Does he have any special means to teach absolute loyalty, though?
He teaches martial arts that require literally superhuman discipline, that's gota count for something. Of course my character doesn't know the full ramifications of someone absorbing the full extent of Suntarankal's teachings, but unexpected complications are the bread and butter of the game.

>Also have you considered what happens to the inmates still in training when the binding ends?
Oh no, I bind him to the task of emptying the prison and giving back any "students" that graduate to me as elite guards.
>>
>>53315608
>Oh no, I bind him to the task of emptying the prison and giving back any "students" that graduate to me as elite guards.
Will there be no new inmates? Will only the people currently imprisoned be sent to him? I'm asking because if he is tasked with emptying the prison and someone keeps refilling it, he might feel inclined to prevent this.
>>
>>53316753
>Will only the people currently imprisoned be sent to him?
Correct. Once he's dealt with the current population and the prison is truly empty save for whoever managed to graduate, his task will be over and he'll be free to return to Malfeas.
>>
>>53316789
Alright. Well, it might work out just fine, then. I'm still not convinced about his ability to instill loyalty, though. You'd probably get your elite martial artist guards out of it, but possibly also some guys who faked loyalty. I'm not sure how well Sunkarankal would detect something like that. On one hand, he isn't really a socially oriented demon, but on the other hand old kung fu masters in fiction tend to be pretty keen-eyed and full of insight.
>>
>>53309039
I really like the way the mundane and the divine interact in Creation. I also really like a lot of how the Bordermarches are written, with reality being warped slightly but in really fun ways. I also really like Exalted's take on demons.
>>
How do mortals, or enlightened mortals I suppose, kill really big beasties in Exalted?
>>
>>53317510
Lots of mortals equipped with weapons and armor...maybe even some kind of organizational structure too. And a plan, of course. I'm not sure what you'd call it, but there it is.
>>
>>53317510
>>53317625
Look at Monster Hunter, downscale the weapons to relatively human scales, bring like 30 hunters.

Firewands and Crossbows where available. Else, lots of archers, whatever siege weapons you can get for the biggest ones.

Weird guys with stranger near-artifacts that would be your horn or insect flute sorts in MH, strange things that give the whole team a large advantage or hurt the beastie.

Experts on the beasties who pick out poisons, tactics, etc.

This is assuming a really specialized group of mortals that does this for a living, or society that lives way too close to some serious bullshit though.

tl;dr Lots of mortals, really good mortals, or mortal accessible magic. Or a mix thereof.
>>
>>53317693
>Look at Monster Hunter
Uh, any other series?
>>
>>53317730
Uh, probably a few other example, that just came to mind as appropriately fantasy with a... slightly down to earth stint.

I mean, I don't know what you know of course, but anything with specialized hunters using specific gear to pull things off. For big beasts honestly normal mortals are fucked, sans a huge army with lots of bows and some sacrificial spear units.

Maybe look at attack on Titan? I wouldn't use full on 3DMG per se, but the idea, specialized troops, most of them are probably crazy and/or desperate.
>>
>>53309039
If you think you can come up with something better than the default setting and feel up to the task then go for it. But i mean, theres like ten books dedicated to the setting alone from 2e that still work fairly well, and plenty more to work from across the various other books.
>>
>>53310996

We've never played without houseruling out the stupid merit, I can't say how bad the rules are as-written. But buying up the skills isn't bad without the merit.
>>
>>53319581
For what it's worth, though this is just different homeschooling, I assume on the martial arts culture of Creation and basically having styles gives you a weird positive and negative social merit in certain situations along with access to a huge number of charm trees.

In that way the merit isn't as much of a fuck you.
>>
I know very little of Exalt3d. Is it actually balanced this time around?
>>
>>53319644
I mean, what do you mean balanced? It's point buy, build your own character. If you mean are DBs as strong as Solars? No, they're not supposed to be on a one-to-one scale. At least, assuming both are focused in the same field.

3e is MORE balanced. Power gap is shrunk, combat is less "you must be this strong to matter", social combat is horrendously icky. Sorcery in combat is no longer asking for instant death.
>>
>>53319637

I dunno, 4 dots of merit is a helluva lot of influence. Martial arts respect seems a bit narrow for that degree of investment.
>>
What does an essence spider count as for lunar knacks? natural? elemental? wyld?
>>
>>53319644
never
>>
>>53317510
arrows I'd guess
>>
A few First Circle Demons can change the course of a battle.

A Second Circle Demon can change the course of a war.

A Third Circle Demon can change the course of history.
>>
>>53314648
That was my thought making the list. Maybe they could be your maidens of autochtonia
>>
Which parts of Creation would have sugar available? What would the parts without sugar use for sweets? Honey?
>>
>>53317510
Polearms, heavy armor, ranged weapons, strength and numbers.
>>
Did all the primordials who became Yozi have their fetich souls destroyed during the war?
>>
>>53318986
Better is very subjective, and certainly I couldn't hope to match the breadth of writing done by multiple authors over a decade and a half, but I can write something, hopefully, much more personal to my players and myself.
>>
>>53317510
what do you mean by enlightened mortals and what do you mean by really big beasties? wyld mutated tyrant lizards? behemoths? fat people who should put down the cake?
>>
>>53317510
You beg bigger people for help, most of the time that's the Realm.
>>
File: c824207e0977451d.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
c824207e0977451d.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
>>53324129
If they're all reeeally aboard, I'd say go for it.
They might remember more details or be more bold at filling things up about the world they had a hand in making themselves compared to a large setting with a dozen books they'd need to read up on.
>>
>>53320895
You're not wrong, but it does also unlock charm trees I guess? I've seen people drop it to a 2-dot or something. As someone mathed upthread, technically in a weird world someone can get like 50% more charms even with the merit or some such with solar xp and all that.

But we still have BP/XP so that shouldn't be a huge deal, weird edge cases of people gaming the system (and often having shitty starting characters to make it work) aren't something the devs were supposed to be worried about.
>>
>>53309039
Because, by most account, you are probably incompetent, with an overblown sense of importance. Your 'high fantasy' setting will be bland, generic, stupid, or blatantly copied on something else. You'll believe your player will like it, when all they will do is humor your shitty attempt at a setting.

I know your type, anon.
>>
>>53322931
No, only a handful of the Primordials underwent fetich death. I don't think this is complete but it's the few I know.

Theion became Malfeas.
Adrian became Adorjan.
The Dragon's Shadow became the Ebon Dragon.
He Who Bleeds the Unknown Word became Elloge, the Sphere of Speech.
The Lidless Eye that Sees became Sacheverell, He Who Sees the Shape of Things to Come.
>>
>>53309039
I'm new to Exalted but I really like what I've read so far. My only minor gripe is with the Exalt hierarchy. It feels a bit more convoluted than is really necessary which leads to stuff like Lunars being a bit hard to pin down thematically.

Feels like the writers know what makes a good plot hook and just slammed a bunch into the world which can fit a bunch of different campaigns.
>>
>>53321542
it's a stable race of "godblooded" animals from a mix of woodspiders and regular spiders
>>
>>53324934
Wow Anon. It's amazing how much bullshit insight you got out of that anon's post, especially about players not liking it when he oh so cleverly hid that behind the fafct that his players would be helping him make it, thus contributing and minimizing the chance that they won't like it.

Absolutely amazing.

Seriously, dude. It sounds like you're talking about someone in specific and projecting that image onto this anon. Do you want to like, get something out, man?
>>
>>53268063
>What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?
Trying to work on that right now actually. Thinking a principle of 'violence should never be the first answer to a problem'
>>
>>53324941

>The Dragon's Shadow became the Ebon Dragon.

I thought that this happened due to losing a Second Circle Demon, not full on Fetich death?
>>
>>53326352
I don't think second circle demons affect a yozi/primordial at all. They maybe affect the third circle demon who owns them a tiny bit, but they can just make a new one.
>>
>>53322931
The process by which the Primordials became Yozi was unique. It required mutilating their souls, but not necessarily fetich death, The only one who underwent fetich death, specifically in order to enforce the surrender oaths, was Malfeas.

There were other Primordials who experienced fetich death (Adorjan, Sacheverell, Elloge) but those fetich deaths were the result of fighting during the Primordial War, rather than something that was inflicted on them for the purpose of turning them into Yozi.
>>
>>53324529
Undead constructs the size of a building.
>>
>>53326352

No. He willingly gave a lesser soul to be killed so his personality wouldn't change drastically as other yozis.
>>
>>53326468
Yeah. 2CDs aren't really quite as irreplaceable as 3CDs. They also don't really represent the personality traits and defining qualities in the same way as 3CDs represent those of the Yozis. They're more about abilities or modes of interaction.
>>
>>53326352
No he still lost his Fetich soul but this was actually a deliberate action on his part, he manipulated or implied that he had to lose his Fetich soul to be bound. Because it was on his terms he had more control over what he ended up becoming as opposed to Malfeas who very unwillingly underwent fetich death and became a shallow mockery of the glory that he once was.
>>
>>53324545
As a more dignified alternative to begging, people who can manage it might scrounge up the money to hire a wandering Dragon-Blooded mercenary or two.
>>
>>53325044
>It feels a bit more convoluted than is really necessary which leads to stuff like Lunars being a bit hard to pin down thematically.
Lunar being hard to pin down thematically is because they've always sucked thematically and never had any focus beyond being shape shifting furries. I mean, really, what do Lunar DO beside being the one with shapeshifting and an animal motif? They were entirely based around being a Werewolf The Apocalypse reference and as a result they are nearly irredeemably bad.
>>
>>53329853
which is why liminals are a terrible idea
>>
>>53329920
Indeed. Well, to be fair we don't know much about Liminals yet and 'frankenstein monster Exalted who deal with the underworld' is already slightly more evocative than 'furry shapeshifter'.

The problems with Lunars is a certain focus or theme beyond that one gimmick. Solars are just the all-around badasses and god-kings, sure. Abyssals and Infernal are this plus their own twist and more. Sidereal are the kung fu bureacrats of heaven mixed with the Matrix. Dragon-Blooded are the lowly (by exalt standards) elemental nobles with political and family shenanigans.

But what do Lunars do? What concept or niche do they REALLY fill beyond having shape shifting and animalistic traits? There is no character concepts you can have with a Lunar that isn't better suited to or played better by another Exalt type beside being a savage who shit in the bushes and commit bestiality.
>>
>>53329920
Liminals are a great idea.
>>
>>53282200
Update on this. Not a lot of celestial exalts went for it, but we're now basically a small cadre of Solars and Lunars in charge of the Empire, because as it turns out, when you offer Terrestrials far more power in the government that the Empress ever let them have, they don't hate it.
>>
>>53330086
fix the tacked on werewolf reference before you add the tacked on promethean reference
>>
>>53331084

well your characters don't hate it either. There is no reason why terrestrials shouldn't be in charge if they are competent. They aren't inherently evil.

Reasons why Empress didn't give them power are:
1) she is paranoid, power-hungry, control freak that made entire governing system based on fighting between different branches. You can't accomplish much when system is rigged for failure.
2) Also she is central piece and everything goes through her. She holds all the power. Without her there is a power vacuum and you can't fill it.
3) Don't forget everyone is "related" in the Realm and everyone is playing succession game. This is also Empress fault or better yet her plan. 800 years of cultural indoctrination where she organized interior conflicts so they fight between each other instead of looking to take the throne.
>>
>>53332056
They do things other exalts don't and they open the world up for more stories. they're better than lunars ever were, and the existence of shitty lunars doesn't remove the need for more good exalts.
>>
File: MHFU Teo Wall 1.jpg (501KB, 1411x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MHFU Teo Wall 1.jpg
501KB, 1411x1000px
>>53317693
>Look at Monster Hunter

I really wish the setting would go a bit more Monster Hunter-ey. It would benefit from more fantastic beasts that aren't just "lol the fae made this".
>>
To what extent can you mix martial arts with Melee or Brawl?
Is it limited to just "You can't enhance actions that use dice pools from martial arts with melee charms and vice versa"? Could I use Hail Shattering Practice (Melee) on an opponent's attack that I'm clashing with Horizon Swallowed Star Flash (Single-Point Style)? HSP doesn't even specify that I need to be attempting to parry the attack, so could I apply it to an attack I'm dodging?
>>
>>53334696
If I'm remembering right, you can only mix charms from differing abilities that explicitly say that they're capable of being used with another ability, or if they're reflexive charms.
>>
>>53334763
>or if they're reflexive charms
Well that answers that question.
>>
>>53334696
from the book

Creation’s martial arts stand apart from the bare-handed fighting of brawlers or the weapons training of soldiers. Each one is a unique combination of precise, esoteric katas that stand on the boundary between fighting style and art form. In short—Martial Arts Charms are not compatible with Brawl, or any other combat Ability, unless they explicitly state otherwise. A bare-handed attack cannot benefit from both the maiming precision of Snake style’s Crippling Pressure-Point Strike and the devastating force of the Heaven Thunder Hammer; wielding twin blades in the katas of Steel Devil style is entirely unlike the pragmatic fundamentals of the Melee Ability. However, while the Martial Arts cannot be combined with other combat Abilities, they can be freely combined with one another, limited only by the constraints of style weapons and armor restrictions (see below).
>>
>>53335011
Yeah, I read that, but what I'm trying to nail down specifically what this part means:
>Martial Arts Charms are not compatible with Brawl, or any other combat Ability, unless they explicitly state otherwise.
Is this "no action that involves martial arts charms may also contain melee charms"?
>>
>>53335051
Yea, or any other combat tree charms. A good rule of thumb is that if it uses the MA pool then it only uses the MA combat stuff.
>>
>>53335051
As I read it, if you're clashing with Martial Arts then this means you're using MA Ability and so HSP is not compatible.
>>
>>53310253
>Manacle and Coin

I went for the slave trade, I stayed for the economics of Creation.

Shit like the Great House slowly murdering the economic of the Realm, taxation, banking, and the fact that the Realm is three years away from a crash.

That was a good read.
>>
>>53327009
citation needed
>>
File: AWingedDude.jpg (628KB, 926x1100px) Image search: [Google]
AWingedDude.jpg
628KB, 926x1100px
>>53335726
>and the fact that the Realm is three years away from a crash

Which won't happen because it's like 2 months away from all out civil war because it's a poorly managed shithole propped up by a retard who thought the only way to stay in power was to build a system that deliberately doesn't work at all.
>>
One of my players is asking about Celestial Battle Armor expressed through evocations, I'm not sure I should allow it.
>>
>>53334623
Well, there are also things the Primordials made lying around.
>>
>>53335962
>propped up by a retard who thought the only way to stay in power was to build a system that deliberately doesn't work at all.
It worked, though. It worked longer than any real life system ever has.
>>
>>53337006
Why not? Or rather, would and should a Celestial Battle Armor in 3E be anything other than a regurlar artifatc armor with Evocations?
>>
>>53304840
kaladin?
>>
>>53337006
>>53337914
At this point, I'd just let him take a Heavy Artifact Armor version of Dauntless and let him refluff it into magitech orichalcum armor with built-in strength enhancement and force field projectors, with additional evocations letting him reallocate power from one to another, along with spending Essence to bolster it. Maybe let him buy one other suitable Essence 1 utility Evocation like Black Wind's Dark Life Defection, or Orichalcum Hunting Hawk's Cloud-Bending Camouflage.

If he wants built-in artifact weapons, he can pay for those separately, and can unlock their evocations, too.

Maybe my answer would change once Arms comes out, but for now, that's what I'd say, personally. I'd also say that Brilliant Sentinel would also work pretty well if refluffed into a suit of magitech force-field armor.
>>
>>53270421
>a flower that jizzes needles that impregnate guys.
No anon, that's Wraeththu, not Exalted.
>>
>>53338355
Sounds reasonable to me.
>>
>>53337909
Ignore them. I am pretty sure they have a hateboner for the Realm.
>>
>>53338535
Do I even want to know what Wraethu is?
>>
>>53341326

No, but it's about magical posthuman faggots with flowercocks that knock each other up or some shit.
>>
>>53337909

The whole point though is that it didn't and doesn't work, because it's barely being propped up by the Empress herself, who now is gone. The game in no uncertain terms says it is a mess that will not stand without it's centerpiece. At least, in previous editions. Who knows about 3E.
>>
>>53341692
But it did stand with its centerpiece. So it worked for a long period of time. It does not work now that its missing its key component. Its like saying the First Age did not and never worked because Solars are not there to run the sorcerous engines of Creation.
>>
>>53341692
Yes, but it's a system designed to work as long as the Empress rules, while helping to make sure that she keeps ruling. It does exactly what it's supposed to. It's an exceptionally successful system.
>>
Is there any way to improve my accuracy with Brawl attacks other than Excellencies and Evocations?
I understand the tree is pretty focused on making use of onslaught penalties, but my GM has this hardon for Single-Point stylists and I'm concerned that it's turning into rocket tag really fast.
Are a pair of smashfists or razor claws considered dual wielding for the purpose of clash attacks, and does bonus to clashes from doing so count as non-charm dice?
>>
>>53329920
>>53330086
Liminals' whole schtick should have just been given to Abyssals.
>>
>>53342172
Fuck no. That would make absolutely zero sense.
>>
>>53329982
Lunars at least nominally have a place in setting and couldn't even be done right, liminals have to carve out a niche by stealing abyssal's non shit potential.

so they not only exist to make an unasked for reference to promethean:the created(which makes them sound like shit homebrew) but they limit another neglected splat's potential to grow out of their beginning as "this is the splat that intentionally sucks because they're inverted solars, don't solars look even more awesome standing next to this guy?"
>>
>>53341765
so you're saying he argues like a lunar elder?
>>
>>53342394
>the Exalt's all of things Death related
>not making sense for them to have more Death-related stuff

Yeah, no, fuck off. It belongs in the Abyssal tool kit, not as part of some new shit no one asked for or wanted. Fuck this "hurr durr we da champeens of murder" shit 3E is pushing. Abyssals are boring and shitty enough without now needing to be relegated strictly to murderbots, which is something you can do with any Exalt type.
>>
>>53342669
Exactly.
>>
>>53342671
But that's not even close to what they're being turned into you fucking retard.
>>
>>53341692
>Design a system to make you irreplaceable.
>You are irreplaceable.
>The system totally doesn't work, guy!

The Realm worked perfectly when the Scarlet Empress ruled, because the Realm was made to work perfectly as long as the Scarlet Empress ruled. It works perfectly as intended.

FYI, all the lands of the Blessed Isles are legally the private property of the Scarlet Empress, as are the industries. Legally, a realm's smith is renting the land from the Scarlet Empress, renting his shop from the Scarlet Empress, producing weapons in the Empress' name, and is an employee to her Redness to boot. It works perfectly, as long as her Redness is here, of course.
>>
>>53341831
If you use any artifact weapon or something for your fists you void the ability to use any of the Charms that reference being unarmed. It's a pretty big deal that Vance has gone over a few times, they're not supposed to be able to combine like that.

The +2 bonus to Clash attacks from duel wielding are non-Charm dice, and I think paired smash fists would count.
>>
>>53342671
Abyssals in 3e are less Exalted of Murder than they ever were in 2e. You can very much see where John and Holden were going to take them based on the late 2e Charms they were given. They are much more Death's Lawgivers than Chosen of Murder. Very Underworld focused.

While Liminals are much more the Exalted of natural death, death as part of the cycle of life.
>>
>>53343156
This. Abyssals are death's champions. Liminals are death's wardens.
>>
>>53343135
As far as I can tell, only the Orichalcum Fists of Battle line of powers specify that you must be unarmed, with the grapple ones just requiring you be able to grapple, and the rest just being "brawl attacks" which can be done with a number of artifact weapons, and improvised ones.
>>
>>53343156
>>53343337
What, you nerds are gonna form opinions based on real dev statements and design goals instead of being butthurt that 3e isn't a carbon copy of 2e with nothing but mechanical tweaks? Where do you think we are? Here Holden/Morke are literally our personal rapists who only exist to make us mad.
>>
>>53342671
Abyssals are the champions of death and the dead. They're the lich-lords, the vampires, the unstoppable revenants and knights-errant of their dead lords. They're also catholic or buddhist priests, but with the death obsession of christianity and buddhism pushed up to 11.

Liminals are created things, a dead corpse given life, a dead-thing themselves, not a master of the dead. About the only place the overlap is in being revenants, but Liminals are fundamentally aborted, kinda, they're wrong, and their bodies shift and change and do unnatural things. They're a Thing. Abyssals are Lords. Abyssals don't pop their eye out and use it to spy on you, and they're stronger for it, they've got their own things they can focus on. By taking themes away from Abyssals, Liminals strengthen them and improve their focus.
>>
>>53342172
Relax. There's no way we'll ever get source books for Getimians or Liminals.
>>
>>53343601
>tfw going by the amount they're detailed in the book, we'll get a 3e splat for Liminals before Infernals
RIP Yozibros.
>>
>>53343509
I actually chatted with Holde and Morke a good bit about Abyssals and was quite encouraged with where they were planning to take Abyssals. Hopefully Vance and Minton stay on their general course.
>>
>>53343509

I'm not generally a fan of retcons, so I'm pissed about them changing the lore. Making Creation bigger was a good choice though.

I mean, I already have a storyteller game for pulp-mystery pre-Tolkien fantasy - it's called Mage: the Awakening. Weebshit and kitchen-sink science-fantasy is what Exalted shines with.
>>
>>53344160
Exalted in 3e is a kitchen sink setting where Lookshy has airships and fields Gunzosha troopers, where the Realm holds a supply of Warstriders, precious suits of mechanical god-armor.

You can play a samurai, a ninja, or whatever the fuck else, too. You can play a hokey-ass martial artist who uses Snake Style in a bad parody of kung fu. 3e is no less weebshit or techy than any other edition, and people need to actually read the god damn thing.
>>
>>53343886
>Liminals are going to eat up bookspace and eat up design space for Abyssals
>Getimen are going to be a thing that exist as an antagonist for Sidereals, when literally everything else exists to be antagonists for them depending on game slant, and they traditionally are always at war with certain elements like fae and demons and shit
>Exaltions are going to be handed out like candy to everyone because of the new shitty additions that are Exigents, while old threats that never got enough attention for 2 editions now like demons, fae, various monsters like behemoths (the original ones, not the fae ones), and more, languish in obscurity

I really wish we got 3E Exalted rather than Holden and Morke's fucking homebrew shit.
>>
>>53344411
I really can't wait until whiny fuckers looking for something to hate like you have to eat your words.
>>
>>53342172
>Liminals' whole schtick should have just been given to Abyssals.
Promethean's whole schtick should have just been given to Vampires.

Frankenstein's monster should have just been Dracula.
>>
>>53344689

Abyssals aren't vampires though, and you're retarded if you make that assumption or comparison.
>>
>>53344689
That comparison doesn't really work, to be fair. Abyssals--despite being the parallel to vamps under the old plan for Exalted to be the prehistory of the WoD--don't really have nearly as much in common with Kindred as Liminals do with Prometheans.
>>
>>53343886
That filename.

10/10

(but also probably true because Vance dislikes Infernals)
>>
>>53324679

Or you could spend 4-dots on a big honking sword, that doesn't require a special 5-dot pseudo-ability investment to use, comes with passive damage and accuracy buffs, *and* access to a charm tree.
>>
File: costanzatv.gif (415KB, 510x382px) Image search: [Google]
costanzatv.gif
415KB, 510x382px
>>53344449
>I really can't wait until whiny fuckers looking for something to hate like you have to eat your words.
Do you plan on living forever?
>>
File: ColossalShitheads.jpg (53KB, 329x318px) Image search: [Google]
ColossalShitheads.jpg
53KB, 329x318px
>>53344449
>I'm an emotionally stunted manchild and can't handle difference of opinion over the direction a game should be taking
>everything shat out should be slurped up wholesale and no criticism should ever be made
>we always need to add new things rather than improve the mountains of stuff already in the game that could sorely use it
>>
>>53345271
I've made plenty of criticism about this game, and there's plenty to criticise. Liminals aren't one of them. It's not like your last point is even fucking coherent. Improving what exists isn't incompatible with introducing new things, and in fact introducing new things can be a path to improving old things.

You've decided you don't like it, and that's the end of it. Anything who doesn't has to be an uncritical manchild, right?
>>
>>53345318
>Improving what exists isn't incompatible with introducing new things

It is when adding the new things directly is taking dev time away for adding this new shit, or worse, taking potential themes away which could be used to improve old things, and stuffing them onto this new shit no one wants.
>>
>>53345432
Liminals don't do that. Abyssals aren't the body horror exalts, and they won't be in 3e: They have a better set of themes to draw from. Liminals also fill another (vital) role alongside the exigency, as something to slot into a Dragon-Blooded party in a (Single Splat + X) game.
>>
what would you say is more important, int or per? (just for general use)
>>
>>53344068
I'm with you from everything I've heard. Post you were replying to was meant to be /s in case it wasn't obvious.
>>
File: 1459076234813.jpg (113KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1459076234813.jpg
113KB, 401x401px
How many years has it been since release? How the fuck have they not released anything new?
>>
>>53345529
>Liminals also fill another (vital) role alongside the exigency, as something to slot into a Dragon-Blooded party in a (Single Splat + X) game.
wut

They don't fulfill any vital role. They don't even fulfill any non-vital role as they don't even exist yet.
>>
>>53347227
They had to fire the shit devs and bring on new competent people. Since they came on board we actually are close to release date on books.
>>
File: LadyPaladin.png (3MB, 951x1435px) Image search: [Google]
LadyPaladin.png
3MB, 951x1435px
>>53347227
>How the fuck have they not released anything new?

Molden and Horke were literally holding the line hostage in a bid to get more money. The publisher went "Eat shit you fucking faggots" and promptly fired them and replaced them with people who seem to actually be doing their fucking jobs.
>>
File: datass.jpg (188KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
datass.jpg
188KB, 960x960px
>>53347318
>>
File: LadyWithFlamePiece.png (2MB, 952x1435px) Image search: [Google]
LadyWithFlamePiece.png
2MB, 952x1435px
>>53347338

That particular artist is God-Tier, I tell ya'.
>>
>>53347318
>Molden and Horke were literally holding the line hostage in a bid to get more money. The publisher went "Eat shit you fucking faggots" and promptly fired them and replaced them with people who seem to actually be doing their fucking jobs.
I'm glad this is the accepted truth about Holdorke.

I'm also glad captcha always asks me to look at gas stations. A reminder of where Holden will be for the rest of his life.
>>
>>53347399

>working at gas stations

Actually he's a video game developer now.
>>
>>53347461
>people believe this
>>
>>53345529
>Abyssals aren't the body horror exalts
They were
>>
>>53348210
They had a handful of charms that did things like that, at best. It's not like Exalted can have exactly 0 overlap, otherwise Solars wouldn't shoot fiery arrows.
>>
>>53348557

Solars honestly probably need more laser attacks and fire shit. I mean, they're patrons of the Sun, the biggest ball of fire around as far as humans are concerned.
>>
File: Solar with glowing sword.jpg (478KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Solar with glowing sword.jpg
478KB, 500x750px
>>53347366
>>
>>53348749
Don't the Solars already have a whole bunch of those? They've got some in both Melee and Brawl, on top of the "fire arrow"-type powers in Archery and Thrown. What more do you want?

If you really want even more, just go with artifact Evocations. It shouldn't be that difficult to refluff Bright Shattered Ice into an Orichalcum sword that fires beams of sunlight that give people heatstroke.
>>
>>53349111
>Bright Shattered Ice
Shining Ice Mirror, derp. So many names, it's easy to confuse the name of a 1st Age Solar with that of a daiklave!
>>
>>53351458
pointless
>>
When's the first bestairy. It better be something cool dammit.
>>
>>53351688
I'm hoping that it's got some of the things that got cut from the corebook, personally. A lot of those were really cool, and all they'd really need is artwork for them.
>>
>>53351756
I already have those from the leak. if they're gonna publish cut corebook stuff they're not paying writers for they should do it as a free update to the corebook. if they want to charge they should write something new
>>
>>5334909
Wtf is going on with her spine?
>>
>>53352085
>I already have those from the leak

Good for you. Not everybody did.
>>
I used to have a Demon/Artifact thing in 2e that I'd like help updating.

It was a TED-descendant demon bound to a stone statue in the First Age. Mortals who know how can conjure the demon, which gives them an essence pool and a suite of spirit powers to use it on for a scene. In game, the users were a cult who used the powers to protect their region and it's people.

At the end of the scene, they rolled their highest Virtue, and a failure meant it permanently dropped by one. Once all their virtues were at one, a final failure meant the demon was unbound from the statue and free to wreak chaos, undoing all the good work the cult member had done up to then.

My question is, what would I use to represent this gradually diminishing humanity from using the demon's powers in 3e? I'm thinking eroding people's intimacies, but can you erode someone's defining intimacies and then chip away at their major and eventually minor ones until they only have minor ones left? Or do people HAVE to have defining and major intimacies?

Maybe if that's the case, have a new one steadily build up subconsciously like "I must use these powers" or "The people need me" to take their place and lead to ever more reckless use of the demon powers?

Any thoughts appreciated.
>>
>>53352303
Just refluff the "Bargain with Mara" shaping ritual/sorcerous initiation.
>>
In 2e how would you fluff a thaumaturgy ritual to temporally and harmlessly dull the edge of a blade for sparring?
>>
>>53352214
It's in the op
>>
>>53352667
Safe Tea, practise of Alchemy (safety, get it?)

You drink the tea and then breathe hot breath onto the blade. The condensation sticks to the blade for the scene, rendering it dulled and only capable of inflicting a single bashing damage/hit
>>
Liminals should be cancelled now that Holden is gone
>>
>>53353905
Your tears that Liminals are somehow stealing precious space from Abyssals despite neither being remotely alike will sustain me until their inevitable release.
>>
>>53347399
haha you care about the personal lives of people who develop an entertainment product because of spite. Just end it all now and never reproduce.
>>
>>53354362
Hi Holden. How's your insecurity working out for you?

Overnight shift at the gas station must have been rough, eh?
>>
>>53353905
You misspelled Exigents
>>
>>53357883
Exigents are the best new Exalt type and the only one who should stay.
>>
>>53357883
Exigents are a great idea, though. The other new Exalts I can take or leave, but Exigents seem like a pretty much unambiguously good addition.
>>
>>53357948
>>53357957
This DESU, but the way they've been described, I'm a little concerned that the rules will either be so vague they're basically "Dude just homebrew everything lmao" or totally devoid of flavor.
>>
>>53357994
Ideally, I think the Exigent book (at least its crunch sections) should be more of a guidebook on HOW to homebrew charms and abilities and develop the thematic of specific Exigent, as well as offering some premade charms all Exigent can use or for some premade Exaltations.
>>
>>53358025
>more of a guidebook on HOW to homebrew charms
I would have liked a bit more of that for evocations. Armor evocations are a real struggle for me to design.
>>
>>53347227
It's literally been one year and one month since it came out. 3rd edition was published in April 2016.
>>
>>53358500
nah, you've gotta remember. exalted calculates years differently so deadlines are different
>>
>>53358500
or, depending on how you calculate it 2015, and it started in 13
>>
>>53357994
>desu

translates from japanese into "immediately disregard my opinion I'm an idiot"
>>
>>53357883
por que no los dos?
>>
>>53357994
>I'm a little concerned that the rules will either be so vague they're basically "Dude just homebrew everything lmao" or totally devoid of flavor

Exigents are going to be shit because 99% of them are going to be anime flavor of the week or The Last Airbender character with better-than-Solar tier powers, and anyone who thinks otherwise has deluded themselves into thinking that any good ever comes of shit like this, or doesn't realize the kind of wish fulfillment shit that lurks in the former White Wolf fanbase.
>>
>>53359421
The wish fufillment shit of the former White Wolf fanbase is utterly irrelevant to my games, though. Having guidelines for homebrewing new Exalted and a way tio have them fetaure in my campaigns withotu having to change the default setting too much, on the other hand, is relevant.
>>
>>53359504
>is utterly irrelevant to my games

Just wait until people start trying to bring that shit to your games. It always happens.

Shit, I've had to impose blanket bans of allowable character portraits in my games after the 7th Dr. fucking Who picture brought in as "heres what I look like". Run that shit on a strict "drawn pictures only" policy at this point, and thats not even counting the actually bad shit.
>>
>>53359558
Sure, maybe the guys I've been playing with for close to a decade will have a sudden change of personality once the Exigents book drops. It could happen, I guess.
>>
>>53359421
Their potential is great but, yes, most people will produce shit. But that's just the nature of things.
>>
File: Cosmic Exalted.png (236KB, 950x3087px)
Cosmic Exalted.png
236KB, 950x3087px
>>53359661
>>
>>53359724
What the fuck is this shit?!
>>
>>53359770

It's exactly what you're going to get with Exigents.
>>
>>53359784
Except it happened without Exigents. If anything some rules will help curtail some of this shit.
>>
>>53359801

The problem here is you're assuming one damaged 'tard inserting his special snowflake bullshit as a GM when there previously is no precedent for making special snowflake new Exalt types, will not begin to instantly flood the internet when suddenly all of the other 'tards wanting to make their special snowflake better-than-Solar types will feel empowered and enabled by the inclusion of rules that allow them to do such.

tl;dr Never give a monkey a gun, it will shoot someone. A monkey without a gun might still find a way to shoot someone, but it will be an isolated, rare incident. This is arming all of the monkeys with AK-47's and just letting them loose.
>>
>>53359873
>waa I can't ignore shit on the internet and will never find anything good to do with Exigents waaa
>>
>>53359784
>>53359873
I always liked to imagine Exigent were more Terrestrial-level on average with a few rare celestial-level, but NEVER able to surpass Solar (and variant) and Lunar.
>>
>>53359070
You do know that 4chan filters t b h into desu, right?
>>
>>53359951
Does it? Let me test! desu desu desu
>>
>>53359957
Huh, it does.
>>
File: BirdUhOh.jpg (66KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
BirdUhOh.jpg
66KB, 600x405px
>>53359913
>just ignore this mountain of shit
>it's ok bro all you gotta do is hold your nose, nevermind the one or two good things that may come out of this will be buried under a literal mountain of shit
>>
>>53359990
Just like this general. Why are you here?
>>
>>53359990
Anon, if the retarded shit other people may or may not do in their own games really bothers you that much, you have problems. Exigents offer an excellent tool, which people who do dumb stuff will use for dumb stuff, and other people will use for cool stuff. The existence of Exigents isn't going to make the dumb stuff any more prevalent, it'll just make coming up with the cool stuff easier.
>>
>>53359990
They already established that while Exigents are all over the place, they're still supposed to be above Dragonblooded and below Solars. So fuck off.
>>
>>53355036
It's really too bad he got fired, he could have raked in all the vast amounts of wealth and money that being a writer for a niche rpg could give you.

Flipping burgers in a fast food chain is a better choice of a career.
>>
>>53360054
>The existence of Exigents isn't going to make the dumb stuff any more prevalent, it'll just make coming up with the cool stuff easier.

Thats your belief. Mine is the opposite. We're going to see way more shit than good things come about because of it. And given how these sorts of things always pan out, I know I'll be proven right simply by time and volume.

>>53360341

You're free to fuck off yourself. Having rough guidelines isn't going to stop the impending tidal wave of shitty OC this will generate. It never stopped it in the past for any of the other Exalt types.
>>
>>53360420
Yeah, I mean, the line's already been hopelessly ravaged by Devil Tiger Homebrews in 2E, right? We all left, because the forum posts by these randos were lame.

Fuck off.
>>
>>53360456
There's a reason why, if I was to run Exalted, I'd 'start over' and ignore/rework anything which isn't to my tastes.
>>
>>53359724

this is what majority of people go through when they are young and/or beginners. They go with "how can I make something more cool?" and they end up with making stuff generally retarded. Unlucky few remain in that state of mind.

I remember when I GMed my first game I ripped off Vampire Hunter D bounty hunters. They stole the spotlight from player characters. Few years ago friend of mine tried running a 40k campaign where the Inquisitor had Custodians for bodyguards and they were obedient as puppies.
>>
>>53360456

Fuck off, shitter. Devil Tiger shit polluted forums for years with terribly made OC. A whole book encouraging that shit is just going to do the same.
>>
>>53359990
Holy shit, it's like you idiot don't even know Sturgeon's Law.
>>
I don't understand the appeal or reasoning for Exigents. They'll suffer from similar problem as Lunars where every concept you come up with can be also made with some other Exalted type. Only thing Lunars have for themselves is furry barbarian. Exigents won't have anything that makes them unique (and they are trying to go with that. Something new).
>>
>>53360420
>I know I'll be proven right simply by time and volume.

How? I will get a few good things and can ignore all the shitposts. There is literally no downside for me.
>>
>>53360760
Interesting thing is, you can make any concept work with any type of exalt, mind you work, not best at.
That said, territory charms, shapeshifting and taking on specific animal traits to gain an advantage are pretty awesome in their own right
>>
>>53360054
Exigents kinda look like what I wish Exalted was more like, to be honest.
The backstories you can have with Exigents are just so typically mythology/anime.

Think of the typical story of a mother who sends her son down river to escape their villages destruction. The river to which they would occasionally worship. No humans are around to save or raise the child, so the river goddess takes pity and decides to Exalt it.

A wandering peasant comes across a tree spirit being attacked by demons and tries to intervene despite being woefully outmatched. In order to save them both she Exalts him in an emergency and ends up forming a link between their souls - begin your JRPG adventure here with her effectively inhabiting his body and emerging like a guardian spirit when his anima flares.
Local mountain decides it wants to walk among men and travel creation and forms itself a body out of the broken wreck of someone who fell in a climbing accident. The process eliminates their existence as a god (like it says can happen in the books).
Or a shrine that exalts two chosen defenders from the local village periodically amidst rituals n shit.

It all sounds like the kind of thing Exalted was born and bred to do.
>>
>>53360760
All the Exalts have wide range of themes and focuses. Exigents are specialists beyond specialists. They are one very specific thing.
>>
>>53359070
translates from newfag into "immediately disregard my opinion I'm an idiot"
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.