[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pfg/ Pathfinder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 44

File: tumblr_oaqsb4yUAI1rzuiiao7_1280.jpg (106KB, 990x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaqsb4yUAI1rzuiiao7_1280.jpg
106KB, 990x374px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Kobold Edition: How do you like your Kobolds? The small City Kobold? The Common Cave Kobold? Or the Rare Demensian Kobold?

The Voice of /pfg/'s Waifu: http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53216134
>>
>>53223656
>Kobold Edition: How do you like your Kobolds? The small City Kobold? The Common Cave Kobold? Or the Rare Demensian Kobold?

I despise Kobolds for being a low-CR trash race that somehow gained a following almost purely on the hopes and cum-soaked dreams of furries, projecting nerds and contrarians.
>>
>>53223656
I still can't believe people think that scalies would make for good PCs in serpent's skull of all APs.

Whats next? Some Succubus obsessed Lesbian in Wrath of the righteous?
>>
>how do youl like your kobolds
Ripped apart by the trained wardogs I keep chained up next to my stockpiles or knocked into a cage trap for use as target practice for the militia.
>>
My current GM is using Caroline and Justine from Persona 5 as NPC tokens.

A few scenes later, the GM also transported us to a prison cell in another, mysterious plane of existence.

Said GM supposedly has not played Persona 5.
>>
>>53223656
The last one, of course
>>
>>53223656
We were on page 6.
>>
P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E
>>
File: Dragon Game Represent!!.gif (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Game Represent!!.gif
1MB, 360x360px
>>53223656
Demesnian kobolds are the best.

Short tail clan the best.
>>
>>53223709
>>53223699
Ya'll are straight garbage.
>>
>>53223709
This.
Dwarves for life motherfucker.
>>
>>53223834
How does one make a great dwarf martial?
>>
>>53223709
Edgy as fuck dude

>>53223699
>I saw one interpretation of a thing once in my life
>therefore it must always be like this, ALWAYS
>>
File: 1464489160087.jpg (318KB, 524x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464489160087.jpg
318KB, 524x600px
What are some good items to make up for a bad Will save and a low Wis?
>>
PLD - In Vult We Trust

>While Sigmund bravely (and foolishly) risks his life on his own, the others recover at the Martel Estate
>Gloriana is tripping hard on corruption, and wnts sum fk
>But they need to find out what these dastardly Martels know about what happened
>She pretties herself up in a nice dress and pays Lysander a visit, ostensibly to get a helper for social combat
>Life’s rough without your Cashmere ;_;
>Being the masculine man he is, Lysander sleeps in the nude, and answers the door in the nude too, lance on full display
>Glorianalike.png
>After much flirtation and Lysander’s own prettying up, they’re ready to confront Dina Martel
>They find her in the study, but she’s besotted, inebriated, and hammered to boot!
>Things get way hotter and heavier than they should because of the heinous influence of corruption
>Before long, Gloriana and Dina are making out and Lysander has been unceremoniously kicked out to wait his turn
>You’ve seen the logs; you know how this goes.
>>
>>53223856
An ill tempered little man wearing chain mail, a horned helm and a necklace of elf ears. He runs around waving a battleaxe around and constantly goes "muh ancestors".
>>
Okay, so making that duelist type martial now. And now I want to use Olgierd's image for that character.
>>
>>53223912
>Meanwhile…
>Lysander wanders about drinking until the rescue party led by that suspicious Logan returns
>And they’ve got Cashmere with them! And she’s…pregnant?
>And Sigmund definitely got killed by the monster.
>Press F to Pay Respects
>Cashmere remains delirious, and gets turned over to the care of Nan, the Martels’ kindly old nursemaid.
>Lysander is vaguely snarky towards Logan, and eventually decides Bon-Bon might let him smash, so he heads her way
>Bon-Bon also kinda wnts sm fk, but she’s busy mending her clothes in the meantime
>Lysander goes to her quarters and they have a totally serious conversation about how someone had Sigmund killed and wants to finish the job. >They don’t even kiss!
>They resolve to check on the others and get to the bottom of this mystery
>On their way to interrupt Gloriana’s LOGS, Bon-Bon and Lysander are apprehended by Nan, who hauls them off to chat with Cashmere
>For Bathtime with Cashmere, subscribe to our LOGS channel
>Thanks to dark gifts from one of the False Gods, Cashmere has recovered from her shattered psyche unusually quickly.
>Bon-Bon adamantly refuses to learn how to say Downefyren (Downefreyneyen, Downefreen, and so on.)
>Bon-Bon and Lysander crack wise for awhile waiting for Cashmere to get ready to see them
>Cashmere gets excited because she expects Gloriana and Sigmund
>But it’s just these other jerks
>They talk about the death of Sigmund.
>Cashmere realizes what the others suspect
>There’s foul play at work, and they’re all in danger!
>>
File: 1450317255425.jpg (206KB, 775x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1450317255425.jpg
206KB, 775x1500px
>>53223915
Oglierd is an excellent character to art!
>>
>>53223927
>Suddenly, the sky grows dark, despite being the middle of the day
>Something has obscured the sun, and shadowy darkness has begun to cling to the windows of the manor like droplets of paint
>Strange monsters begin rising from the floor, barely larger than toddlers, with unblinking spheres of white for eyes, hunched over in seeping blackness that seems to ooze from their bones and melt into the floor.
>When they open their maws, wretched flesh stretches around them in a fang-filled circle
>The Three Nightwalkers fight their way past legions of the hideous creatures, across halls and down stairs, until they reach the study where Lysander left Gloriana
>Gloriana’s tied up and broken, Dina’s half-naked, and fell magic is being unleashed
>Lysander leaps into action, and both he and Dina disappear on contact! Into the Tome? Into a parallel space beyond the Veil?
>For more of Lysander’s adventures beyond the Veil, subscribe to our LOGS channel
>Gloriana is laughing like a maniac, with black tears streaming from her eyes
>Cashmere asks her if she’s alright, and frees her from bondage
>Gloriana goes on a demented rant about being sisters, twirls Cashmere around like a small child, and asks her when her babies are due
>Bon-Bon enjoys the newer, funnier Gloriana immensely
>In between musings upon whether Sigmund could scratch her itch if he were there, eating Dina’s heart, and trying to convince her husband to marry Cashmere too, the (relatively) sane Nightwalkers manage to bamboozle Gloriana into healing her own corruption, restoring her sanity
>A touching reunion follows in which Gloriana weeps at Cashmere’s state and begs forgiveness for failing to stop the Manticore
>The girls, reunited at last, hurry back upstairs to get their equipment.
>Cashmere uses her conjured zombie minion to carry the Tome
>The presence of the Tome repels the lesser beasts, as they cower in fear at its passing.
>>
File: 1235123.png (123KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1235123.png
123KB, 243x243px
>>53223900
>What are some good items to make up for a bad Will save and a low Wis?

Lots and lots of Night Tea.
>>
>>53223900
Cloak of Res, Wayfinder with Loun that prevents mind effecting abilities.
>>
>>53223944
>Gloriana finally gets the news about Sigmund. She resolves to kill those responsible.
>The Tome begins levitating away from them, pulling the minion with it before Gloriana strikes it down
>The Tome persists in its flight
>Thinking quickly, the Nightwalker girls grab a bedsheet, chase the Tome down the hall, and capture it within the sheet.
>Bon-Bon volunteers to carry the bundle at great personal risk.
>The Nightwalkers approach a commotion near the main entrance, as Logan, the sullen thug for the Martels, argues with a mob of people who appear to have battered the door down, as well as a mysterious, sarcastic old man.
>Logan is brandishing Sigmund’s rifle at the people outside.
>The distraction allows the Nightwalkers to get all the way down the hall, five or so feet from Logan before he realizes they’ve arrived.
>Logan waves the rifle wildly at the Nightwalkers.
>Our heroines entreat him to work together to survive the Tome Manifestation, to stand against the Darkness, and to return Sigmund’s rifle.
>Logan is unconvinced.
>>
File: 1490922321795.jpg (47KB, 720x689px) Image search: [Google]
1490922321795.jpg
47KB, 720x689px
>>53223912
>Before long, Gloriana and Dina are making out and Lysander has been unceremoniously kicked out to wait his turn
>You’ve seen the logs; you know how this goes.

How DOES it go?
>>
>>53223931
Olgierd is a handsome, charismatic bastard.
>>
>>53223964
>His pal secretly resolves to turn his coat and help the Nightwalkers because they’re cute and persuasive, plus his bosses are seriously nuts
>Suddenly the old man calls Logan out for working for Dina, who has been working serious dark mojo, and more importantly, calls him out for killing Sigmund
>Gloriana is livid
>Cashmere tries one last time to ask Logan to comply, and then suddenly attempts to use Command to force Logan to drop the weapon
>It fails, and he opens fire on Gloriana once he realizes what they’ve done
>Battle is joined!
>Logan’s pal betrays him and joins our heroines
>Righteous Indignation just doesn’t seem to cut it, as this local Nightwalker is, to all appearances, fucking invincible.
>Eventually Bon-Bon gets the Tome to the mysterious old man, who conjures a strange beast clad in ornate golden armor from within the tome, and disappears himself!
>Can our heroines defeat the vicious Logan? What is this mysterious creature clad in golden armor? Will Bon-Bon ever learn how to pronounce Downefyren? Find out next week, on PLD!
>>
File: 1494618177741.jpg (180KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1494618177741.jpg
180KB, 800x1143px
>>53223978
Use it! Become the Faustian Swordsman you were born to be!
>>
>>53223971
/u/ and /an/
>>
>>53223884
Why feel sympathy for mere vermin anon?

Kobold's are thieving pests. If anything you're doing them a service by having them contribute to the health of the settlement by feeding it's hounds and aiding the militia in preparing for *actual* threats. In doing so the kobold accomplishes something far greater than just sitting in a dusty pit in the ground lined with stolen trinkets.
>>
>>53223971
Gloriana gets BORKED.
>>
File: 1421942642393.jpg (122KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1421942642393.jpg
122KB, 500x375px
>>53223884
>I saw one interpretation of a thing once in my life

Excuse me? Kobolds being filthy worthless sword-fodder with delusions of grandeur is the norm. Your pretty picture of them being this cunning race of proud, misunderstood industrialists is an absurdly idealized vision of what they are popularly portrayed as being.
>>
>>53223984
where is this "log channel" and how much for a subscription?
>>
>>53224074
>m. Your pretty picture of them being this cunning race of proud, misunderstood industrialists is an absurdly idealized vision of what they are popularly portrayed as being.
You mean how the were portrayed back in Races of the Dragon back in the day?
>>
>>53223714
I guess he never saw it coming.
>>
Well since PLD posted their green text. might as well do Dragon game 1 from yesterday.

http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?VGhlIFBhcnR5IGJ1dHRzIGhlYWRzIHdpdGggdGhlIFBhdGhmaW5kZXIgU29jaWV0eS4gQWxzbyBHaG9zdHMuIA==
>>
>>53223656
>complaining about anime OPs
>when the current thread, which was made at page 8 like a reasonable thread, isn't anime
>posts a shitty off topic Kobold General, that is just thre different images slapped together, probably by said shit OP
Congrats, you're just as cancerous as Kitsunefag!
>>
>>53224186
You're using that wrong

It should be someone saying 'Its not like we're going to fight the pathfinder society' and then 'THE GANG FIGHTS THE PATHFINDER SOCIETY'
>>
TSS Kobolds are now a choice between +DEX/INT and +CON/CHA. No penalty.

Make of this what you will
>>
File: pigeonman.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pigeonman.png
1MB, 1366x768px
How do you build him?
>>
>>53224237
Fetishes
>>
>>53224252

-10 HP
>>
File: Kurtulmak_p80.jpg (68KB, 400x495px) Image search: [Google]
Kurtulmak_p80.jpg
68KB, 400x495px
Impeach Glittergold, Kurtulmak did nothing wrong!

Also, anyone got the backstory lore on Kobolds in Golarion, all I have is the small blurbs in Kobolds of Golarion, and that shit is bare-bones

Also fuck you OP, this shit general is equally cancerous as the early Anime OPs
>>
File: pigeonman2.jpg (18KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
pigeonman2.jpg
18KB, 512x288px
>>53224257
No.
>>
>>53224237
Kobold Hawkguard Warder x Eldritch Archer Magus?
>>
>>53224237
What is TSS? Also, they need a -Str.

>>53224252
Urban Druid who took the Feather Subdomain
>>
>>53224282
There's already a Kobold Hawkguard, but the other half is a Vizier. Take that as you will.
>>
>>53223957
Hmm, Wayfinder + Clear Spindle provide protection, which is a double will save, the second at +2. As well as a +2 of the same type as the cape versus the mind effects.
>>
>>53224040
You must make fun characters.
>>
>>53224229
Here's an example,
>Golly gee, gang! We've been exploring Gallowspire all night for that artifact for the Aspis Consortium!
>I know right? It's been a real bitch, but at least we haven't ran into anything dangerous!

http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBQYXJ0eSBtZWV0cyB0aGUgV2hpc3BlcmluZyBUeXJhbnQi
>>
>>53223900
It will never be enough.

I have literally seen this attempt in practice. Your character will get fucked even by the simplest fear aura.
>>
File: 1493007369234.jpg (108KB, 696x975px) Image search: [Google]
1493007369234.jpg
108KB, 696x975px
What's the latest news on Spheres of Might? Is it good?
>>
>>53224260
Well GOOD, that's great. That means you can make the backstory that suits you. Not bound by terrible writing bullshit for the GM and other players to go autistic about
>>
>>53224364
Its being scrapped and reworked from the ground up. Martial Focus is on the chopping block
>>
My character will refuse to cheat on his wife!
>>
>>53224364
Lookin' rough, falling into the "do more damage" pitfall do to creative bankruptcy and lazy design. With it looking like it's not going to get better anytime soon.

That being said, the project (google docs) hasn't been updated in a while so they may be talking about reworking the living hell out of it.
>>
>>53224411
What spurred you to say that, anon?
>>
>>53224356
Indeed... Presently at +4, 1 of which is from the cloak.

Probably invest in the WF+Clear Spindle. As it would give me a +5 and +7 Will save.

The group has an NPC crafting pet, so eventually I can upgrade the cloak, but for now... (We're 7, the companion is thus 5.)
>>
>>53224393
YES

But source needed on this information.
>>
Does any kind of DR help with falling damage?
>>
>>53224449
Get a luckstone or a lucky horseshoe. But I can only promise you that it won't be enough.

To test shit out try simulating your lvl 13 character in that scribbler encounter from RotRL and see if you can contribute past the first round.
>>
>>53224422
Anon, martials NEED to do more damage if they want to be relevant.
>>
File: 1489896704504.png (407KB, 831x992px) Image search: [Google]
1489896704504.png
407KB, 831x992px
>>53224387
>implying you shouldn't steal what you want, emphasise it, and run it past the DM
A place to start is always fun.
Even if it's surrounded by grey canon and >implications
>>
>>53224429
Tourettes
>>
>>53224422
How do we even know SoM does too much damage?
>>
>>53224497
Most martials do enough damage, but to be fair that's because most martials are locked into 2-3 builds using basic paizo. What would be more useful would be to get more utility, like, you know, a Wizard - Having access to half of the spells on the Wizard list as class features would make most martials leaps and bounds more viable.
>>
>>53224513
I hope you stay faithful, and she loves you to the end of your days!
>>
>>53224497
No they don't, a good martial already does enough damage to 1 round a CR= encounter
>>
Which books am I looking for to learn about Tian Xia? Is there even enough content to run a campaign in it?
>>
File: tumblr_ohbeyxIarW1r8ououo1_540.jpg (84KB, 467x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohbeyxIarW1r8ououo1_540.jpg
84KB, 467x810px
>>53224229
>>53224186

>The party after doing some reasearch into "The Knave". A creature that can possess people and completely change how they look to suit its needs, decides to follow a lead.
>Track down the dilapidated theater house which belonged to a gentlemen who wrote a failed play about A Knave who defeated a dragon.
>Connections maybe?
>They think that The spirit of the bad playwright is The Knave trying to recreate his play.
>They approach, the door opens for them. They enter the door slams behind them... because something fell on the door.
> Atolm is spooped. He doesnt trust anything he cant reduce to ash.
> They do a little searching, Find a painting. It screams at them. Atolm and Celisse are super spooped. Freyda had detect magic up and sees that it was just an elaborate Alarm Spell.
> They move forward more brazenly, seeing as whoever put the alarm knows they're there. They bust into the main theater hall. A drumroll sounds, A spotlight shines and a figure spins into centerstage.
>Its a roguish looking woman with six rapiers and a monocle, she ties to do an elaborate introduction... when she kinda deflates when she sees the party. The mood broken she calls in her allies and introduces herself.
>Anne Hathoway, Member of the Pathfinder Society... and friends. They've been investigating The Knave too... mostly because of The Party's exploits and the fact the Knave's recent possession, Sir Cross, tried to implicate The Pathfinder Society in stealing gold from a Dragon Hoard that was locked down by Taldor's rulers.
>That said they're much more interested in "The Knave" because the way it possess people and how strong it is means its not a normal ghost... plus there's these new diplomats from a land that exists on no map, who look exotic and almost draconian (Take a guess.) Not to mention the historical finds one could make in a dragon's hoard once its finally made public, or after the shares have been divvied up by the noble families.
>>
>>53224512
I want to _pat_ that kobold on the head.
>>
>>53224535
>>53224553
Again, how do we even know SoM does too much damage?

Isn't SoM stuck with dogshit attack actions?
>>
>>53224574
>Which books am I looking for to learn about Tian Xia?

Dragon Gazetteer. That's it.

Well, there's also stuff you can glean from the Jade Regent books and maybe from the Ruby Phoenix Tournament module, but Paizo really really really doesn't give two liquid shits about an entire continent of kingdoms they've already name-dropped.

Allow me to repeat that to everyone here. Paizo would rather expand on the nature of gender politics and the Not!Underdark of their setting than actually give us information on an entire continent.
>>
>>53224591
The key thing is that a bunch of SoM stuff adds extra riders to the generic attack action, and you can stack all of them.

Separate from that, Alchemy sphere in particular lets you do absurd amounts of AoE damage at low levels.
>>
>>53224579
Do you want to pet my gnolls Anon?
>>
>>53224628
YES!
>>
>>53224617
>at low levels

No way dude, Cluster Toss and Swift Toss get even better at level 10.
>>
>>53224355
this guy gets it
>>
>>53224512
I never said you can't take inspiration from somewhere.

Guoh's racial designs is probably the one best for this, and I'm talking purely in objective design art. Before doing erotic shit he at least makes something believable and good.
>>
is eldritch heritage worth taking for a wizard? I feel like it'd be pretty good if you have a high charisma.
>>
>>53224669
sorc vmc is generally better
>>
>>53224574
>Is there even enough content to run a campaign in it?

There's enough information on the Successor States to warrant a Romance of the Twelve Kingdoms campaign where everyone plays a champion of their State in Musou-style warfare.
>>
>>53224578
> After the two groups discuss their intentions; they decide, with some silver toungery by Zev the dragon maid, to co-ordinate their respective investigations, so no one is tripping over each other...
>As a token of good faith, they share some info about anything.
> the party asks about The playwright and his possible connection.
>The Pathfinders inform them that The playwright is alive and well, Apparently while he's not good at Iambic Pentameter, he's good at creating musicals and opera. and has a healthy career in Cheliax.
>The pathfinders' question. "What and where is the Demesne?"
>Cutting really close there.
>Decide to give 'em a little. "The Demesne is where we live and can be accessed by two locations that will remains secret because those locations ain't worth the info you gave us."
>She says its cool, she'll probably find out on her own anyhow.
>By the way was that your guy's alarm spell?
>What Alarm Spell?
>Do you smell sulfur?

http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?VGhlcmUncyBhIEJvbWIgaW4gdGhlIFRoZWF0ZXI=
>>
File: 1490555084386.jpg (54KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
1490555084386.jpg
54KB, 800x550px
>>53224535
Even just simple skill skipping shit.
>Watch thing, know resistances/immunities
>Have-to-land-or-fall-Flight speeds
>Fighter stronk, remove buffs with stab
>You see ivan, if you hit asleep/charmed/dominated/etc. ally, they are get new save with bonus because FUCK MAGIC
>Hit fireball to stop it, sword now on fire/glowing red
>Hit wizard trying to teleport, slam them ten feet to the side upon landing, watch them take damage from shooting out of the wall
Heck, even just DBZ hitting people through walls power.
>>
>>53224673
whats vmc stand for?
>>
>>53224770

Variant Multiclass
>>
Rolled 18 (1d25)

ignore this
>>
>>53223912
>>53223927
>>53223944
>>53223984
>>53224094
there's no secret log channel... is there?
>>
>>53224411
I wish my waifu felt the same , but she's a vicious slut! A SLUT!
>>
>>53224785
Jesus Christ keep that thing away from a Gnome.
>>
>>53224786
PM me and I'll make your wildest dreams come true, Anon
>>
>>53224747

we ended the session sprinting out the theater screaming "Run like a little bitch!"
>>
>>53224786
I hope they share the Dragons 2 logs if so
>>
>>53224492
Flipped through two books looking for it, but eh. I don't even have to.

There's one coming up in the path that the character is actually in, where it will need to make a DC20 Will save against an encounter.

Which is unlikely. 16 or better on a d20. And I know that will only get worse.

The luckstone is a solid item, outside of being well beyond my current funds. And really, only adds an extra +1 to the save in question.

That Lucky Horseshoe looks to be a much more affordable version that covers the save aspect, and has that 1/day option.
>>
File: fregsgddsgfh.jpg (615KB, 3000x1654px) Image search: [Google]
fregsgddsgfh.jpg
615KB, 3000x1654px
>>53224643
But Anon I am not done designing them
>>
>>53223984
But what about Temeria?
>>
>>53224817
But anon, cool dragons don't look at explosions!
>>
>>53224818
You sure you wanna see the logs where Rory and Mei get date-raped?
>>
How should an LFG be executed for a game intended for a short run? Something in the range of 3-4 months? Any differently from the usual other than making the timespan clear?
>>
>>53224880
Yes.

>>53224810
Okay!
>>
>>53224891
Too bad, I'm not sending the logs to you. Rory took the brunt of it though

Character development is expected to happen
>>
File: 1451866288945.jpg (224KB, 608x790px) Image search: [Google]
1451866288945.jpg
224KB, 608x790px
>>53224834
>tfw unlikely to find a starfinder game so no HEVY WEHPONS GNOLL
>>
>>53224810
I just wanna read logs of characters I like man
and learn a thing or too about writing styles, and preferences from some of the stronger writers in there
>>
>>53224900
Too cruel.
>>
>>53224907
Imagine psionic gnoll chick who just discovered videogames and is now slowly turning from a martial arts practitioner to a lazy nerd but I am doing this because Mighty Quest mentionned it was gonna turn into Starfinder.
>>
>>53224919
PM me, Anon. I love talking to people. I'll definitely talk to you!
>>
>>53224880
Both the players are faggots and probably thought it was "hot" so let's not make this something it isn't
>>
>>53224957
Who are you?
>>
>>53224830
In the Scribbler fight you will be fighting a shit ton of super yeth hounds that bay every single round. Its several years since we beat this AP but basically its a relatively easy will save that most "well rounded" characters can breeze through while it may not even be there for optimized characters.

Now imagine a low will class with more negative penalties thats hoping maybe iron will, a trait and a cloak of resistance can pull them through.

Sure, you'll make the first save, maybe even the second and the third, but at some point you'll roll below average and you will be out of the fucking fight for the duration.
>>
>>53224957
Oh? and who are you?
you can share the character name if you prefer I may already know you
>>
>>53224991
>>53224976
Gloriana!
>>
>>53225028
Huh. You're offline on my client though! I would have PMed you already otherwise.
>>
>>53225028
HA!
Hey man, it's Red
>>
File: sad.jpg (354KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
354KB, 1024x683px
>tfw you want to make a rougarou but you don't know how to do it without looking like a furry
>>
File: 1482332624134.png (231KB, 512x472px) Image search: [Google]
1482332624134.png
231KB, 512x472px
>>53224919
>and preferences from some of the stronger writers in there

Oh, hog-wash. We're all trash here!
>>
File: 1480469726388.jpg (46KB, 564x789px) Image search: [Google]
1480469726388.jpg
46KB, 564x789px
>>53225086
Make a mer-

Oh, fuck. You know what? I'm not telling you, because I'm going to make that character now.
>>
>>53225098
But some are less trash than others.
>>
>>53225106
Tell me anyway.
>>
>>53225098
never said you couldn't mix business with pleasure, that much should have been obvious!
>>
Anyone got Pathfinder Tales: Master of Devils?
>>
So if I play a spellslinger wizard, and load a blunderbluss with pellets and enchant that shot with fireball, what happens?
>>
>>53225142
You can't cast Fireball through your gun.

For a spell that you could cast through your gun, nothing different from standard shot.
>>
>>53225142
You misfire and explode.
>>
>>53225115
Will you link me to the Rougarou creature stats?

Okay, here's my idea that I'm mulling about in my head, he's the exile of a mercenary band gone sour after deciding they can ransack their contractor's villages and just blame it on the other side. Expert swordsman, though he's missing his tail and has thus earned himself the name "Courtaud."
>>
>>53224907
There's already a bunch of planned Starfinder games in the works right now that I'm sure you'll find one. In fact, one Anon was pretty adamant about running a Star campaign, where a FutureGnoll will fit in just fine.

Do you have any ideas for your character besides the Heavy Weapon? Any backstory?

>>53224954
In an effort to make Credits and stay in shape, she opens a mall dojo. Her schtick is to teach kids and adults some of the techniques they see in those videogames!
>>
File: 1493229950176.png (1MB, 805x909px) Image search: [Google]
1493229950176.png
1MB, 805x909px
>>53225168
>>
>>53225086
>rougarou
Its shit. Just make a skinwalker
>>
>>53225176
Star Fox
>>
>>53225187
no thats gay
>>
>>53224393
According to Jolly, Dedication was sort of on the chopping block, not Focus overall. Unless he's out of the loop somehow.

According to him, dedication stuff is just going to be 'whenever you have Focus' as opposed to having to dedicate to a specific sphere.

I'd LOVE if Focus was being axed completely, but this is from talking with Jolly.
>>
>>53225176
She just wants to derail the party all the way to Psi-Con, where

[4:18 AM] A-Kai: Where psions from all places gather
[4:18 AM] A-Kai: And there are shows such as
[4:18 AM] A-Kai: Robodancing routines
[4:18 AM] A-Kai: Invisible fighting
[4:18 AM] A-Kai: And telekinetic arm-wrestling
[4:19 AM] A-Kai: And I'll have my psion petition the party to go there so she can hook up with her internet relation from gnollchan

Although rumour has it gnollchan is just full of fat beta males. Even though gender roles are inversed, I guess some things never change...
>>
>>53224553
Wasn't that an equal CR ENEMY?

A normal full-attack martial can't kill EVERYONE in one turn.
>>
>>53225185
Would fug.

>>53225086
Who gives a shit dude. The more you'll care about it, the more you'll look like an actual furry.

You an adult or what?

Just say it straight: "Wanna play a Rougarou"
"-You a furry?"
"-No."
"-Ok."
>>
>>53225129
But what if your business IS pleasure?
>>
>>53225221
You know what is funny?

I'm running a sci-fi game and one of the destinations is !Comiket. I hope my players enjoy it.

What other things would happen at Psi-Con?
>>
File: 1323643648552.jpg (385KB, 790x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1323643648552.jpg
385KB, 790x1114px
>>53225086
>>53225106
Have him be older, like 50s-60s. An old fighting man who's seen too much shit and wants to see the next generation's strength before he's ready to go.
Downsides: Fuckin' old, calls people 'pup' half-affectionately, wants to do shit his way
Upsides: Being smug as fuck when the old way works, being everyone's angry dad, the rest of the party crying like a bitch when you hold the pass so they can escape
>>
Can I use poop as an improvised weapons?
>>
>>53224982
Yeah, that sounds frustrating as hell.

But what I've seen of Paizo APs has been pretty damn shit.
>>
>>53225257
>the rest of the party crying like a bitch when you hold the pass so they can escape

Well, you know what they say, can't teach an old dog new tricks.
>>
>>53225086
Simple, just don't make him a self-insert fap fulfillment character with cringy as fuck mannerisms and appearence and you'll be fine. If someone still wants to sperg out about it and call you a furfag, then you probably don't want to be associating with that person anyway
>>
File: 1436138377887.png (66KB, 296x285px) Image search: [Google]
1436138377887.png
66KB, 296x285px
>>53225168

>Mangy old Dog of War seeking vengeance against his rabid old pack, using the new party and the authority vested unto you by whatever legal entity is nearby to hunt them down
>mfw you're basically a Medieval, fluffy John Marston

Dibs.
>>
Are vampires cool and scary?
>>
>>53225251
If you ask this humble gnollposter...

"...And Mecha fights."
"That's psionic too?"
"No, but the mundanes love it"
"Oh..."
"We pilot the mechs with our brains remotely so on the paper it's technically psionic fighting."

Mental rap battles looked like it was turning into a thing but apparently there were issues about witnessing the performance. The official events, outside of the big new fads, tend to sit on the safe values, such as Suncraft matches with players trying to mentally read each other's build order, or the guy who brainwashes the public into believing they've just seen the remastered version of Jomeo and Tuliette.

In any case the Psi-Con is host to an incredible amount of amateur shows with people pestering you left and right to show you the same coin trick your party psion already bothered you forever with. Word of advice, stay away from the mental hookers.

But you can't say you've ever seen such intense games of rock-paper-scissors.
>>
>>53223656

Why not have multiple kinds of Kobold?

In my setting, I've got Kobolds that live in caves and mine and tunnel, but I've also got Kobolds that live in the swamps and marshes amongst Lizardfolk tribes, using their small sizes and natural stealth to help catch waterfowl and fish and generally other do other handy things.

It goes back to a long time ago when a tribe of Lizardfolk managed to kill the Green Dragon that the Kobolds were serving. They figured that if the Lizardfolk were able to kill a Dragon, that they must be some kind of bipedal, wingless Dragons, especially since they looked like bigger versions of Kobolds.
>>
>>53225385
I like this idea, and really I feel most settings can be improved by a "less is more" mentality that comes with this type of thinking. You don't need a million races, just a handful of unique ones and multiple different kinds of subspecies, ethnic groups, and cultures for each race. Because honestly, most of the races in this game, especially the Core ones, can be trimmed down to just a few that are capable of fulfilling the niches of the others
>>
>>53225453
I keep saying it since years god fucking damn it.
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (63KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
63KB, 500x282px
>>53225453

This is what I do, anon. My setting's only got three races on the main continent, the second continent has two.
>>
>>53225381
I want Psionic Toku fights!

The Mecha things seems real cool. Fighting with puppets like that is interesting, and I'm sure the VFX industry employs lots of them in Future!Hollywood.

I can imagine the place now. Like some trippy Hong Kong market with hustlers, actors, entertainers, and intellectuals pushing their ability on people. You have to make sure you bring a Psionic friend with you or you might end up in weird places!

>Hobbit Expos
Even captcha likes this idea!
>>
>>53225381

>Psionic mecha fights

So, Custom Robo?
>>
What would be the consequences of hosting a martial discipline only game?
>>
File: Even King Crimson is afraid.png (196KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
Even King Crimson is afraid.png
196KB, 600x524px
>>53225481
A-Are you me?
If so, does that mean I finally finished my homebrew?
What races you got?
>>
>>53223707
>Whats next? Some Succubus obsessed Lesbian in Wrath of the righteous?

Anon...
>>
>>53225385
In the unlikely event that Dragonborn ever get introduced into PF, what would you say their role would be?
>>
>>53225486
This is exactly the idea, but I'm not the GM. I'm just fantasizing about my character going places, as I always do.

Psionics will certainly have a field day, as they can join in all the activities and participate without much in the way of prerequisites. It is, after all, a convention of psions, by psions, for psions. Mundanes are welcomed too because it's a great way to help the reputation of an often misunderstood and mistrusted demographic.

Imagine also the coolest cartoony children's dream you could think of, such as weird sports where you shoot the ball and run / jump on walls or something, but gave up. Not here.

Now, see this sort of choregraphy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wexya-EXkY

Just imagine psions could do this almost immediately if they do so much as attune to each other's thoughts and are good at dancing. And succeed their concentration tests. They just form teams and whichever fucked up the least gets a prize.

It's the Neo-Tokyo of psikers.

Of course, due to the recrudence of normie-swindling, you're now distributed a standard tinfoil hat when you enter. Tinfoil hats don't do anything, it's just the psion's idea of humour. You're given a real dampener a bit further, but these things are cheap...
>>
File: 1470986614264.gif (621KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470986614264.gif
621KB, 480x270px
>>53225505
Well, uhh.
I've got Humans, Elves and Dragons on the main continent. Humans are divided by ethnic groups, and Giants/Half-Giants are in fact Humans tinkered with by their Draconic overlord. Elves are divided into Cosmopolitans, Boreal, and Lunar, and Dragons be Dragons yo. Human+Elf produces Half-Elves, Human+Dragon produces Dragonborn, and Elf+Dragon produces hideous stillbirths.

The second continent has a race of Birdfolk who can be divided into Eagles, Owls and Ravens, and a race of sapient Obsidian Golems created by the Birdfolk who really, truly think they're alive, and the only way to keep up the magic that animates them is blood sacrifice, with hearts being used to craft new Golems. Quite terrifying when you see them wearing animal skins like Flayed Ones from Warhammer40k.

>>53225548
Arueshalae is not a lesbian, she's very blatantly bisexual.
>>
>>53225581
>what would you say their role would be?

Blue Dragons are Empire Builders, right?

Congratulations, you've just explained what Dragonborn are; tough, strong yet ultimately expendable meat.
>>
>>53225453
As long as it's got the stat flexibility, I'm all over this. Gives you more time to actually look at the cultures. I'd do any special snowflake bits as single templates and be done with it.
>>53225486
Don't forget "Rooms full of quietly humming weirdos speaking in pure new-age-retro-hippieism gibberish"
>>
>>53225548
Anon, he was being facetious and making a referential joke to the Lesbian(?) Tiefling NPC from the expanded NPCs book, who appears in WotR and worships the Neutral aspect of Nocticula
>>
>>53225606
I think he's actually taking a jab at the one Wrath of the Raunchy PC. Have we already forgotten about that game?
>>
>>53225647
>Have we already forgotten about that game?

None of the characters are worth memeing.
>>
>>53225583
>Humans, Elves and Dragons
And just like that you've disappointed and lost me. Maybe the next continent will be bette-
>just boring generic birbs
well, at least the Golems are kinda cool, even if they do remind me a lot of that one army of robo liches that I can't remember the name and source of.
>>
>>53225582
>Of course, due to the recrudence of normie-swindling, you're now distributed a standard tinfoil hat when you enter.
You know, this was a throwaway gag, but it helps sell the thing even more.

I can imagine distrust and legislation against Psions coming up and their PAC is trying to put on a good face before the elections. Maybe some places distrust them so much they have to wear special gear to make them stand out or stop their powers, thinking that they can control entire hab-blocks.

>>53225605
What would Chik Tracts about the danger of Psions be called in Starfinder?
>>
>>53225659
So who is worth memeing, then?
>>
>>53223656
>How do you like your Kobolds?
THICC
>>
>>53225659

WotRaunchy player here:

THANK GOD
>>
Is there any greater feeling than no PMs?
>>
>>53225694
>You know, this was a throwaway gag, but it helps sell the thing even more.
Oh that's how I design settings and characters. All those jabs are actually canon for me.

As far as yellow stars go, I think all psions would have to wear a badge on most planets, depending of legislation, and you have psionic cops checking for it. Upon entiring the Psi-Con, it's normies however that need one, so you can tell if something's wrong. They really don't want any incident.

But really, stay away from the psionic hookers. Just like the non-psionically gifted kind they carry diseases. You don't wanna get stuck with schizophrenia, ADHD or depression just because you got an hallucination from one that is fucked emotionally.

Although, Psi-Con is truly a wondrous place. you can pay a guy so he makes you hallucinate the sequel to that movie whose IP was lost to the ever-ravenous Didney Corp. Think about Shelf-Life 3, even if in the future, it still did not come out, you can choose to believe otherwise!
>>
>>53225788

Being wrapped up in a warm blanket on a cold night?

https://youtu.be/XZ2sWJi5Mrk
>>
>>53225371
Yes. I want to have sex with them
>>
>>53225788

Please, can someone just PM me?
>>
>>53225833
But anon, what if you're being neglect dommed?

Give me some sort of hint as to who you are and I'll send ya a PM.
>>
>>53225833

I'll PM you if you'll PM me back.
>>
>>53225833
>>53225852
>>53225846
What the fuck is this autism
>>
>>53225792
>that konosuba clip with the succubus dream request shop
>>53225694
Well, which gods don't like psionics?
>>
>>53225866
>Anti-psion gods

Elsimore.
>>
>>53225866
Stupid gods. Psionics are cool. You can trust me on that.

Psionics don't like gods anyway. Mine doesn't. Being a psionic she's a bit on the side of the whole "existence thing", so... She doesn't see why she'd have to bother with them.

You don't need gods when you've got V A P O R W A V E
>>
>>53225856
Welcome to /pfg/. Here's your complimentary depression posting hour commemorative coffee mug.
>>
Wubu > Franze > Viviana > Antoinette > Your Hand > Branwen
>>
>>53226008
I have no idea what this dude is talking about.
>>
>>53226008
>Branwen
>last place

Did Antoinette make this list?
>>
>>53226066
I still have no idea what this dude is talking about, but Antoinette is not on first place.
>>
>>53226008
Franze is pure! PURE!
>>
>>53225900
So how does your Psion feel about needing to use the FTL deity to travel through space? Is there an official Psion position?
>>
>>53226008
Why is Branwen last place? Is it because she probably has a flat butt?
>>
>>53226115
Because Branwen won't let them smash.
>>
>>53226130
i find this hard to believe
>>
>>53224574
There is enough info in the gazeteer to set the stage for a lot of different asian style campaigns and adventures. It SUCKS that there is not any more info, but they have mentioned there will be an adventure path set in Tian Xia, likely in that one country who's army is composed of only 1000 members, but each one is a grand master of a martial art.
>>
>>53226110
She opens the newspaper in your face and pretends she can't sense you, no matter how hard you think. Yes she actually brought an actual, physical newspaper in a future where all information is broadcasted in screens or directly injected in psionic minds, just to snob you.

You'll know the day of the End Times will have come when she starts to prostrate herself in front of the ship's engine.
>>
>>53226139
Boy ain't that gonna be funny when they get shot with a volley of arrows.
>>
>>53226139
This is physically painful, because I know it's going to be shit and they're all going to be horribly unoptimized monks
>>
>>53226130
What, do they have to toss treasure at her before she'd spread her legs?
>>
>>53226187
But they'll be fighting horribly unoptimized NPCs, so how poorly could they perform?
>>
>>53226066
This meme is getting old.
>>
Why is everyone a fucking furry itt
>>
>>53226139
Quain is actually the country I'm trying to find information on because the gazeteer gave me ideas, but it looks like the only other source is some Pathfinder novel and I really don't want to read through one of those.

I'll probably have to wing this.
>>
>>53224919
Which characters are those?
>>
File: Oswald Hamilton.png (91KB, 663x663px) Image search: [Google]
Oswald Hamilton.png
91KB, 663x663px
>Finally had a Pendragon Institute Session
>FUCKING GIANT WORMS
>EATING ANDROIDS
>WHO SELF DESTRUCT WITH THEIR POCKET NUKES
>GLORY TO MANKIND MOTHERFUCKERS

Also, this Glorious Bastard proved himself to be FFSH's MVP. Pic Related.

Anyways, logs: https://pastebin.com/PmDqKhPN
>>
>>53226172
>prostrate herself in front of the ship's engine
Would she mention before hand that she does not need eyes?

You know, since FTL travel requires going through the upper and lower planes, I can see that messing with a Psion. Not only vertigo, but actual physical sickness during and after every FTL trip. The newspaper probably helps reduce it since it makes them both focus on the words, but also block out other sources of excess information.

What would a Psion Political Action Committee call itself? It's mission would be to advocate for greater Psionic rights all over the galaxy and against Psion abuses going on at Epsilon-5 and the rumored black market growing near Golarion space.
>>
What sort of interesting couplings do you forsee coming out of TSS, /pfg/?
>>
>>53226247
Its essentially high-wushu martial arts china. Imagine the newest monkey king movie that came out last year, add some green destiny sword, forbidden kingdom, and you got it.
>>53226187
It will also be other kinds of martial arts too, like in the novel there were archers capable of matching any other archer force, samurai that cut down people from a distance with their swords, monks that stop hearts, etcetc.

>>53226184
But anon. Deflect arrows and full cover shields :^J
>>
>>53226286
Sorrel and Lorelei

Tiv and Caleni

Cornelius and everyone
>>
>>53226283
How much work is it to edit the logs for posting anyways?
>>
>>53226254
I like Cashmere, Gloriana, and Bon-bon. No nothing of the new One, and wasn't a fan of Lysander but would still like to know about the party as a whole and see what happens to them.
>>
What's the best buffing class that isn't bard and has nothing to do with religion?
>>
>>53226187
Even if they are, grandmaster is level 15+ in pathfinder terms. How bad could they perform against a standing army of level 1-3 warriors with level 1-5 fighters as officers?
>>
>>53226309
Highlight relevant sections
CTRL+C
CTRL+V into pastebin.
>>
>>53226319
>>Nothing to do with religion
fuck anon why don't you ask for the moon?
But in seriousness, maybe something like a mesmerist? Witches can be alright too, but they are better for debuffs. Oracles don't have to be strictly religious but they can be.

Maybe some kind of psion if you stretch it.
>>
>>53226320
All it'd take is bags of invisible caltrops, though I'm fairly sure that constitutes a warcrime.
>>
>>53226319
Vitalist.

With Spirit of Many feature, you can cast a buff on one person, then pay 1 power point per copy to copy it to the rest of your collective.
>>
>>53226286
It looks like Sappy's character is allying herself with the pathfinder society, while Slow's is attached to the aspis consortium. They might be trying to set up some kind of rivalry-turned-hatefucking situation.
>>
What's a good program or site out there that one can use to make characters?
>>
File: succubi.png (1MB, 1144x613px) Image search: [Google]
succubi.png
1MB, 1144x613px
>>53225866

As for which gods don't like psionics that would be any god that doesn't like competition.

Psionics is more or less the same 'path' to power as what the gods themselves do. Where divine magic is entreating them to impose their will upon the universe, psionics is just imposing your own. Quite literally learning to play god.
>>
>>53226354
There's already a cleric in my group so I don't want to step on his toes by playing the same sort of shit he is. I can't really think of any fun ways to build a bard and that doesn't seem to leave me with much.

Mesmerist might be good. I'll check it out.
>>
File: fgsfdgfdhfddgh.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
fgsfdgfdhfddgh.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
>>53226285
You're assuming they actually settled on a name that rolled the same delicate way into everyone's brain, Anon. Something I don't know, and that I am certainly not using to obfuscate my naming dryness.

Oooh guys I spent the night doing shit that's not good at all. But god did I need it.

I'm even more confused than before on how my psion is gonna look like. Have an opinion or something.

Anyway, I checked out gnollchan, and apparently there too, they are debating whether or not females have pseudo-peens. See, you guys are not so different.
>>
>>53226391
PCGen, HeroLab.
>>
>>53226285
The PAC.
Psion Action Committee.

Don't see why FTL would be any worse on psi than others. Hell, over in 40k, only navigators can handle staring at the warp. They're psi mutants, but regular psykers and everything else that isn't warp demons just fucking loses it in there.
>>
>>53226374
Fuck off, we don't need that kind of turbomeme shit here.
>>
>>53226286
R@ + C@
>>
>>53226419
>Don't see why FTL would be any worse on psi than others.
Having a sixth sense means you're going to feel things where others don't.

This is like I'm telling you "group of deaf people plus one hearing guy are subjected to Nickelback".

Or group of non-smelling Anons plus one smelling Anon approach your mom's pussy.

One of these in each is going to be a casuality.
>>
>>53226406

>Pazuzu is actually an option

Strikes me more as the teenage nickname they tried so hard to get people to take seriously.
>>
>>53226286
I'm just looking forward to it getting canned after a few sessions.
>>
File: seriously plasma kukris.jpg (416KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
seriously plasma kukris.jpg
416KB, 850x1200px
>>53226406
Throw in useful shit stuck in the braids- knives, focusing crystals, dorjes, ioun stones, etc.
Other than that, dreads/braids or just a big wild punk rocker mane, dyed several different neon colors.
I'm not sure why gnolls work so well for cyberpunk aesthetics, but they totally do.
>>
>>53226406
How attracted are you to hats, baclavas, and face masks?

>>53226419
I dig the name.
>>
Got a question here, any of you know if theres actually a magic weapon thats meant to be used by arcane casters?

Yes, a magical martial weapon of sorts meant for wizards and etc
>>
>>53226559
Yeah, it's called a wand.

Seriously though, why the fuck is a caster trying to into sword?
>>
>>53226494
I fear what will happen if it actually survives.
>>
>>53226406
Why not monk? I like the idea of trained psions better than born psions.
>>
>>53226320
Going by the mass combat rules, an army composed of 1000 level 15 fighters is considered gargantuan and has an ACR of 21. In contrast, a lone Tarrasque has an ACR of 17, which I think is roughly the same as an army of level 1 warriors 32,000 strong.
>>
>>53226586
Sounds like a pretty powerful fighting force. That is not even counting the level 15+ casters they have there. Hell, 32 thousand is a huge army.
>>
No more daddy type characters. It's a disgrace.
>>
>>53226655
Honestly, how many have there been besides Casimir and Sigmund?
>>
>>53226507
You're going crazy ever since I shown you that picture, hah? I really wish I did gnolls like Loupgarou, and I wish I was the one who came up with that one. But since he made this design, I can't have it, or even remotely copy it.

Gnolls are trashy, that's why.

>tfw I was getting harassed on fulchan years ago by autists that couldn't accept I saw gnolls as anything more than "trash mooks for the PCs to kill"

Losers.

But my little Kozu's hair's going to be red. Red works really well on hyenas. I headcanon it as a popular (or natural) thing for them. I see several ethnicities of gnolls, you have those with lighter tones, and those with darker tones, Kozu's the latter kind, and so she gets a reddish mane

As far as rocker manes go, I threw it on another hyena but that one's a straight anthro. The funny thing is how he was supposed to be a gnoll, just, a future gnoll, that my PCs would meet after time travel, and recognize as the descendant of some important guy in their present. Since I abandonned the story I also just thought I'd make a furfag out of him.

In any case the struggle is how crazy can you go with the mane until it's not a mane anymore but hair. Hyenas are fluffy but even D1 is unrealistic in lenght. I get loose with the interpretation because they're not directly hyenas after all, and, we're in D&D scope, so they're "humanoids". Therefore I can make them a bit more humanly relatable.

>>53226493
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu

>>53226534
Most hats don't really work on manes. As for everything else, I just don't tend to give that to my gnolls, because of the way I see them generally, it's not their style. I know you can do great designs with them, but I like my hyenas coming straight outta the outback.

>>53226582
Born psions are more speshul. I'll explain something too hold on.
>>
>>53226665

No, I mean, I know about Pazuzu. I just think actually calling themselves that feels a bit like something a teenager trying very hard to be dark and serious would do.
>>
>>53226665
>>53226582
(cont)

Imagine you're born with a gift. It's as natural to you as your arms. Instead of extending your hand when you're trying to grab your drink, you just slightly tele-pull it. Mentally, you are also alive with a 6th sense day one.

You're going to be a very different person when you're all grown up and that's what I like. The way you think, the way you move, or just do anything. Your views, your aspirations in life. RP fodder.

Monks are making psionics sound boring. Everyone can reach that state if they try hard enough... Much less mysterious. Much more regimented. I like the concept of martial artists working very hard all their life and reaching mysterious, uncanny, unnatural heights (I'm trying to be an artist after all, same thing), but that's not how I prefer my psi powers.

>>53226695
Kozu / Pazu's going to be explicitely easy-going. I had in the mind to have her be completely unable to talk anything but gnollish, so she would spend all game wondering whether she's supposed to bite the mailman or not.
>>
>>53226096
Franze is canonically not pure, Anon.
>>
>>53226718

Christmas cakes can re-purify themselves, you know.

There is a specific virginity that a mature woman gains. This is why they're so vulnerable to mindbreaking and NTRing their never-present salaryman husbands.
>>
>>53226707
Yeah, generally telepaths and psions in the future would be like spoiled E-kids instead of cabelish nonwizards. The idea with monks reaching those powers is not because they seek them (though they could) they are side effects of becoming perfect of mind and body, unlocking their 6th sense. Its not boring, its a different approach to the same end of being born a speshul child
>>
>>53226040
Same.
>>
>>53226740
>would be like spoiled E-kids instead of cabelish nonwizards
Except that they never fit in society. Ever.

I always based the idea of psionics on genius. To me, being a psion is being a sort of genius. And I'm not going to explain, psychologically and psychiatrically how geniuses are, but in short nobody likes them because they just can't fit. And their desires are nothing like ours; why would they be?

They're such visionaries they're never recognized in their lifetime. They see things we don't. It's exactly like psychics or psions. If you ask me and my experience, psions are very likely to be hurt by the lack of understanding of others, and social rejection. On top of having unpleasant effects through their powers. Just like genius, what normal people idolize as a "spoiling gift of nature", they themselves see it as a horrible curse.

The best thing you can do is lower your head, and pretend to be normal, like everyone else; pretend you're not you. Don't be you. In the end you still won't fit in and you know it. You'll always be unhappy.

Wow dude this is getting quite personal.

But see, this is why I want to play my psion, so I hope this game is going to be a LOT of roleplay, and not so much rollplay.
>>
>>53226452
It could just as easily mean that no one else can get their bearings under FTL and all get motion sickness, except for Bill Nye the Psience Guy who sees vector graphics and gets on fine.
>>
>>53226874
I don't think so. Absence of sense immunizes you from effects pertaining to receiving information from there. Like how animals would suffer ultrasounds but not us.

It would only work if that means psi sense is only an extension or upgrade of the existing human mind, then you have just better hardware.
>>
>>53226874
There are monks from a planet that undergo such intense meditations and training that they become the most powerful navigational computers. Its probably got a lot to do with opening your mind.
>>
Surprised at the lack of big strong barbarian girls in Mighty Quest and TSS
>>
>>53226929
> such intense meditations and training that they become the most powerful navigational computers
That's how you know how Paizo doesn't understand what they write about for shit. They don't get how mathematical calculations work. I think even kids get the concept.
>>
>>53226957
Their study is the mathematical perfection of ice crystals and the cold of the universe, with which they find perfection in the mathematical ideas of the universe. Sitting out in the frozen ice until their limbs fall off.
>>
>>53226970
>the mathematical ideas of the universe
Can you repeat that

>the mathematical ideas of the universe
ok
>>
>>53226997
Sorry man. Being awake hurts but sleep is boring
>>
Which 1pp PC races have Shapeshifter subtype?
>>
>>53227076
Kitsune
>>
>>53227068
At that point I'm just gonna be asking people which is cuter: "Pazu" or "Kozu"

Or maybe I should make two twins, Pazuzu and Kozuni...

ARGH FUCK
>>
How do I make the most out of this Rogue? I'm playing a good old fashioned generic fantasy romp from level 1-20. I already rolled stats for it but outside input is cool
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo-rogue-archetypes/swindler/
>>
>>53227096
Thinking about it, the Psionic abilities of a Gnolls would go a long way to explaining any ADHD tendencies. They are responding to your thoughts, which are clear as day to them, which you haven't said yet. So it feels like they are off and running before you can really formulate the rest of the IMPORTANT instructions.
>>
>>53227156
>>53227096
Are you alright there guy? Do you feel ALRIGHT
>>
>>53227124
Does it work with unchained rogue? That would be my best tip to you since normal rogue is very lackluster otherwise.
>>
>>53227156
And.

Gnolls are a higly social species, having instinctive teamwork outdoing organized, better trained, better equipped, civilized races.

...Now you know why the psion HAS to be a gnoll. But you'll have a very hard time thinking of a gnoll monk on the other hand. Therefore it has to be innate.

Being a psychokineticist is basically the natural expression of aggressivity by the way of coming crashing down on your enemies with fire and thunder. Because you "think" fire, then you produce fire - aggressivity in hyenas comes very fast, and is very short, on and off. Like a spark, or a bolt. I basically see angry gnoll as a DOOM marine on berserk... Hence the idea she'd be slamming people with her fists or claws.

Also, I really want a character that can light someone's smoke with a snap of the fingers. I think that'd be incredibly cool.
>>
File: tmp_18156-8e12076451600.jpg (150KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18156-8e12076451600.jpg
150KB, 549x549px
>>53227226
A Psionic Gnoll losing control inside a space ship is a recipe for disaster
>>
>>53227226
Second one ain't from me lol. But I'm going to bed at like... 9 AM right now kek.

Be a dear and god someone help me pick arrrgh
>>
>>53227270
>>53227267
wait its not samefag?

Also aren't gnolls female dominated
>>
>>53227270
Tsssh. There's one easy way to defuse any gnoll, even the big bad females. Scratchies. Scratchies on the neck. The day your gnollish navigator loses it and starts behaving like her brain just melted is the day she needs emergency scratchies, and also a hug.

Pet her face. Tell her she's a good girl. Your life depends on it.
>>
>>53227287
Negative, it's midnight at my end and the police sirens are keeping me up
>>
Which is your favorite Mighty Quest for Epic Loot character? Why are all the waifus so furry?
>>
>>53226406
The cutest ones are D6 and D2
>>
>>53227337
ffs wait I haven't made Pazukozu's page

I still need a body for these heads! Please remember me and my struggle

Goodnight for real
>>
Something I wonder, it is considered bad manners in general for the GM to stereotype PCs in a non-flattering manner on top of forcing stuff to happen when it doesnt really work that way right?

Last session I was in, my Aegis character got enthralled by a harpy and she flew away bringing me(flying) with her. Once she got shot down, GM just declared that I lose my astral suit and my flight and fall headfirst into the sand(it was a desert), while I pointed out "Thats not how that works" and he told me to shut up for the sake of (not really funny) comedy

He also often referred to the PC parties to what he stereotyped them as instead of their names. My character was the 'Dense JRPG Protagonist', another was 'Loli Baiken' et cetera

What should I do?
>>
>>53227434
I'm a weeb and your DM is fucking shit.
>>
>>53226910
On the contrary for certain things. The absence of gravity utterly fucks up your sense of balance, but absence of visual markers can be just as bad while in movement to many people.

And not having the typical sounds one is so used to ignoring can be maddening.
>>
File: 1460550747373.jpg (16KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1460550747373.jpg
16KB, 600x549px
>have 400k gold
>nothing worthwhile to spend it on
fuck lategame pathfinder
>>
>>53227434
Have you considered violence?

Alternatively, next time he declares something does or does not work, follow the rules exactly as much as he does.

>Shut up for the sake of comedy
>Shut up for the sake of tragedy
>Shut up for the sake of drama

>Shut up for the sake of poetic justice
>>
>>53227526
Buy a permanent demiplane island paradise to put all your bitches
>>
>>53227076
Skinwalker too I think
>>
>>53227526
Seconding the demiplane idea. Alternatively you could Also spend all your money on a giant statue of you
>>
What are the ways to lessen falling damage other than just not taking any with Feather Fall or flying? I know of Acrobatics-ing when you intentionally jump from somewhere and falling into impact foam, anything else?
>>
>>53227473
>>53227528
Since we are on a chatroom, violence is sadly not possible

However, this only reinforced my skepticism that he might be worth being given the chance of GMing

It was a mistake thinking that he might have improved in his GMing, sadly I was amazingly wrong and whats supposed to be a fun session became a mind-draining chore instead.

Thing is, he has the enthusiasm to GM, but unfortunately, hes very insensitive to what exactly are his problems and often ignores what advice we tell him. Whenever he GMs, he often is veeeery obsessed with trying to challenge the players as much as possible, which only results in fights becoming a huge chore, on top of what I mentioned about taking character's control away from them when its not warranted

As a player, he also has this tendency to always resort to violence and whines when the party complains about it or when it doesnt work or when his attempts at doing so only causes him to get into deep shit. Add all of this to a tendency to want to be 'the hero' and you got yourself a bad formula

Right now, I am just going to stay away from his sessions in general, once bitten twice shy.
>>
>>53227577
Being a monk reduces falling damage and you can actually cause more damage with attacks with it.

If you are a catfolk I think there was a racial feat or focus to limit fall damage. Barbarian DR helps against fall damage. (DR in general, especially against bludgeoning) You can shapechange into a stone elemental and stoneglide through the ground so its like you are falling and landing in a pool of water.
>>
>>53227526
Amulet of the Planes.

120k gold, at-will combined Planeshift and Greater Teleport.
>>
>>53227626
its a full caster, why would I ever need that?
>>
>>53227613
Got a source on the DR helping? I know that's how that worked in 3.5 back in the day but my group I'm playing with now is adamant that environmental damage is its own classification that can't be overcome with things like DR.
>>
>>53227610
>I am going to stay away
Good idea. He's obviously not going to change his ways.
>>
>>53227526
Books of +5 inherent bonus. The eye items for constant True seeing. Determination and all energy resistances on your armor.
>>
>>53227610
I've dealt with the type before. I imagine your fights sometimes lasted longer than a session, ignoring certain abilities particularly knowledge or detection types, and that things your character's particularly good at are simply declared to fail with *no* explanation whatsoever available in any way?

That last one really gets to me; adventurers are generally speaking professionals in their field; when's the last time you heard of the FAA NOT investigating every last motherfucking rivet after a crash to find out exactly what went wrong?

Worse is when half the party just nods and agrees because they can't be arsed to care let alone ask questions beyond "what is he wearing is it cute?"
>>
>>53227646
I'll just see how many months can I tolerate of him questioning why is he not a good GM. It's a good idea to ask why, but if you dont bother trying to improve then its frustrating
>>
>>53227642
Sorry, I don't have my book right infront of me, but only DR- and DR/Bludg help against that.
>>53227638
Become a lich
hire a dragon to do stuff with you
punk a bunch of outsiders into being your bitches
pimp out said outsiders
>>
>>53227626
You never have to prep either of those spells again, and can do it at-will. Or, you can give it to one of your meat head party members, to save them if they get Wished into the Sun or something.
>>
>>53227691

Doh, meant to respond to >>53227638
>>
>>53227671
But isn't DR/Bludgeoning basically stating that the DR is effective against everything except bludgeoning damage? Speaking of which, is there a way to get DR against one of the three weapon damage types outside of becoming some kind of undead?
>>
>>53227662
Fights did last super long into the night that I feel just dozing off already and if I did so, no one would blame me because its already freaking 1-2 AM. In fights, he often manages it so badly that turns take like ten minutes while a number of the party gets put under what should normally be a save or die effect if they were unlucky without much of a way to prevent it other than "I hope you were lucky". In that last session, half of the party got enthralled by a song with no way to prevent it, how is that fun for half of the party? So the other three have to spend entire rounds trying to deal with a party's worth of enemies

He has this tendency to obviously railroad too that very often theres no choice but to go along with it when something inevitably happens no matter what. In that last session? Basically he just up and said that theres an oasis in the desert in the path we were heading and around 300' near it, it was at this moment three party members got put under a spell.

The railroad is so blatant at this point that I dont even think the quest reward is going to make up for it
>>
>>53227712
Yeah but you know what I mean. You want DR specifically against bludgeoning, or DR like barbarian DR that adds it flat out for every damage minus energy damage.

As for your second thing, being a barbarian invulnerable rager, also the roll with it feat, and adamantine armor. (bonus points if you stack all of those together)

There are a few magic items, I think there are things like bracers of spearbane for dr against piercing. That stuff. But its generally lame compared to DR- everything and easily obtained DR magic, or DR from undead
>>
>>53227727
That's not how it works: there's no DR that's SPECIFICALLY effective against bludgeoning.

Also, falling damage is untyped and ignores all DR.
>>
>>53227712
DR that only applies vs bludgeoning is just DR/Piercing or Slashing, since there's no other type of damage that DR protects against.
>>
>>53227743
Which is kind of dumb in my opinion, part of the reason we built certain armors is because they were more effective than others at preventing damage from a certain type, that either being bludgeoning, slashing, or piercing. Chainmail, for instance, is great against slashing and okay at bludgeoning, but any piercing weapon will literally go right through it.

Also on a completely unrelated note I want to ask about any of you that may have played Vengeance in the past and gotten to the second book. Me and my group just started and while my guy hit it off with the alchemist shopkeeper (he's an Undead Lord Cleric of Urgathoea and challenged the fatty to an eating contest, almost won too!) he sent his heavily disguised skeleton brother to talk with the QT monk chick with the tattoos. They talked for a bit until she challenged him and another one of our party to a sparring match, and after dealing what would have been a heavy blow had she not been dealing nonlethal damage to an undead, my friend intervened and acted like she'd really hurt him, after which she broke down in tears about how she lost control and talked about how much she maybe loves fighting a bit too much.

I've come up with a plan so ridiculous that it just might work, but what if we tune in to that more violent side of her and channel it into fighting creatures that she can go ham on and not feel bad? I'm talking, of course, about my cleric creating undead for her to fight and not have to worry about the consequences. What do y'all think?
>>
>>53227821
>Chainmail, for instance, is great against slashing and okay at bludgeoning, but any piercing weapon will literally go right through it.
Only if it's VERY shitty mail. Mail(with gambeson underneath to protect from bludgeoning damage) was the best available armor(if heavy and encumbering due to the way it hangs on your body) until the advent of plate armor.
>>
File: hehe gottem.jpg (18KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
hehe gottem.jpg
18KB, 340x340px
>Jade Regent
>PCs corner Jorgan the Axe
>He goes out blazing, is disarmed, but gets a solid bite on the Kineticist
>Secretly roll vs Lycanthropy
>Of course, Nat 1
>None of the PCs or players do anything about the bite
>Approach the player who was infected in private
>Offer them to turn their character into a yandere grizzly who sees the party as their territory
>Yuri Kuma Arashi achieved in an all female party
>>
File: 1494689414119.jpg (300KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1494689414119.jpg
300KB, 2048x1447px
Hello people
I need a bit of a suggestion
I'll soon start a low-level Mythic game (level 5-6, mythic rank 1) and decided to roll a Tyrant Antipaladin, with a Guardian Path but I'm not too sure about it
Is there some nice combination I could make with Mythic spellcasting and Unsanctioned Knowledge extra spells?
Should I consider a Knight of the sepulcher or Sacred servant over standard Antipaladin? They're interesting (the former one saves me a feat too) but I don't know if the loss of aura of despair is worth losing, considered there's also a Void school wizard in the party for combined ultra debuffing
The only 3rd party product the DM allowed so far is Mythic Magic: core spells
>>
File: smug with teacup.png (499KB, 944x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug with teacup.png
499KB, 944x720px
>>53227920
>"Y-Y-Y-You totally rolled a natural 1 behind the screen, tru fax, take my word for it!"
>>
>>53227959
If you don't trust someone, why are you letting them GM for you in the first place?
>>
File: werebear bite censored.png (16KB, 307x680px) Image search: [Google]
werebear bite censored.png
16KB, 307x680px
>>53227959
But it's true I swear
>>
>>53227959
The only thing I'll agree with you on is that it's kind of a bad move to secretly roll something for your players.

Much better to ask them to roll something and then not tell them why until later apart from a vague feeling of something wrong. Keeps them on their toes without giving too much away.
>>
>>53227984
Well, that's proof if I've ever seen it.
>>
>>53227985
>The only thing I'll agree with you on is that it's kind of a bad move to secretly roll something for your players.
Nah, it's pretty much standard GMing practice for things the players shouldn't know about.
>>
File: 1453109022707.jpg (32KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
1453109022707.jpg
32KB, 640x364px
It's late, memes are asleep, post game ideas.
>>
>>53227526
Buy a vault full of Candles of Evocation and use them to solve all your problems.
>>
If I am a Large size Unchained Monk with 5' reach, what sort of magic items should I aim for to help my unarmed strikes at level 6? And should I go for the Dragon Style feats or Pummeling Style? I figure Dragon Style would be better for the damage as well as the fact that I'm probably gonna need to charge through allies a lot
>>
>>53228156
Stonefist Gloves for a size increase to unarmed damage. Longarm Bracers for more reach.
I'd go with Pummeling Style to help with DR and Pounce. If you can pick up Combat Style Mastery or convince your DM to take Master of Many Styles, take both.
>>
What classes need really initiation archetypes?
>>
>>53228578
Arcanist
>>
>>53228578
In order:
Gunslinger, cavalier, anti-paladin, bloodrager, slayer, skald.
>>
>>53228362
Stonefist gloves are mythic tho.
>>
>>53228076
>Starfinder campaign
>Humans not playable
>Party is part of an exploration party
>No humans for the first 5 sessions
>Get sent to uncharted planets and do stuff
>Session 5 starts
>They get sent to another uncharted planet
>Holy fuck humans
>Barely past powder age
>Party continues to do their shit
>One mission a small party humans arrive attack the PCs losing heavily due to their inferior tech
>PCs note their courage and resolve
>This happens again and again
>Some skirmishes, humans kill an NPC, likely someone unimporant
>Apply heavy pressure to party, they are forced to extract
>More human skirmishes, still often in the Party's favor
>Suddenly one skirmish, the humans and their shitty guns have a guy with a blocky gun
>It fires lasers, primitive, but lasers nonetheless
>He is wearing some sort of armor with similar alloy to the party
>Holy fuck
>The fight is even, more npcs are killed and forced to be left behind
>Later on the skirmishes get rougher, the human enemy party is now sporting all manner of lasers and alloy armor with signs of rapid innovation
>They are starting to win fights, even vessels are getting shot down by their crappy primitive propulsion atmosphere bound craft
>Imporant npc/PC gets left behind
>Launch rescue mission to extract them after a few sessions
>Too late, they've been horribly dissected
>A few sessions later the party runs into another human party
>Holy fuck it can use magic/psionics
>>
>>53228578
None of them because the entire subsystem is trash that should never have been printed.
Good thing it's 3rd party so I never have to deal with it!
>>
>>53228681
Why would the PCs

A) be so fucking stupid as to not exterminate them from the start?

B) how is THEIR "courage and resolve" in any way more special than anybody else's? Cornered animals will always fight as viciously as possible.

And how in the fuck is all this going on over weeks or months as opposed to decades or centuries? It's one thing if they're ignored for hundreds of years at a time, but "lol, it's been 3 encounters now they have knights" "lol it's been 5 more encounters now they have starships and power armor" is just fucking stupid
>>
>>53228695
T. casterfag
>>
Is it possible to like kobolds without being branded as a degenerate furfag?

I like kobolds for their combination of small plucky underdogs nonetheless managing to kick ass, and savage monsters learning to be good. It's like two character arcs piled in one.
>>
What weapons are ideal to kill a dragon?
>>
>>53228752

Artillery.
>>
>>53228738
Nah, playing a Barbarian right now actually.
It's just such an unbelievably shitty system.

"Instead of writing rules to fix the problems martials have, lets just make shitty archetypes and new pointless classes"
>>
>>53228752
A longbow does the job.

If you want something less boring, try a rifle.
If you want something much less boring, get the appropriate type of beam cannon.

If you wanna go hard mode, trebuchet.
>>
>>53226192
Nothing wrong with greasing the gears a little
>>
>>53226315
PM me!
>>
>>53225052
Try again whenever you can, or just send an offline PM!
>>
>>53224356
Fear Immunity!
>>
Does anyone have the map of the Xin empire?
Or which book it's in?
>>
Page 8, new thread

>>53229530
>>53229530
>>53229530
>>
>>53228681
>>53228697
Dude, he's referencing XCOM

kek
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.