[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 393
Thread images: 46

File: 8918724_p0.jpg (586KB, 672x950px) Image search: [Google]
8918724_p0.jpg
586KB, 672x950px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Couldn't think of something to put here edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53223656
>>
>>53229530
I can think of a few things I want to put in there, anon!
>>
>>53229530
Non shit question

Have you ever made any faustian bargains? Tell us about who got screwed and how!
>>
>>53229569
>Be prudish Azmodean cleric
>Bestiary 6 has come out
>I need to go into Nirvana for extract a source for craft an anti-demon wondrous item
>Plane shift
>State that I don't want trouble and for corroborate it I'll sign a legal document
>"Who is the highest ranking around here to make this contract possible? "
>Arshea appears
>My PC hates casual sex, is a virgin until marriage and is lgtb turbo phobic
>Notthisdegenerate. jpg
>The contract is simple. I can extract as much ore I need as the resulting item is used against demons, I don't proselytize Azmo's faith and not assault any being in Nirvana.
>I sign.
(cont.)
>>
>>53229530
Anyone got the link to this Ironfang game I heard of? Any memeable characters in there yet?
>>
>>53229629
>Alone I proceed to mine.
>Fucking azatas and other celestials troll me constantly.
>Asmodeus give me strength.
>Give them the silent cold shoulder treatment.
>Stoic as fuark.
>Celestials change strategy.
>Start having sex close to my campsite.
>Degenerat-o-meter is off the scale.
>Asmodeus forgive them because they don't know what is true order.
>I finally get all the ore I need.
>Proud of my succes I do a cynic observation.
>Plane shift doesn't work.
>Celestials show shit eating grins.
>Arshea appears
>So smug it hurts
>"Your ass is mine~"
>"Woot? "
>Shows contract
>Re-read it.
>Aggression extends even to verbal.
>My cynic observation is seen as such according to celestial law.
>>
>>53228681
>>53228697
Dude, he's referencing XCOM

topkek
>>
Re-posting

I need a bit of a suggestion
I'll soon start a low-level Mythic game (level 5-6, mythic rank 1) and decided to roll a Tyrant Antipaladin, with a Guardian Path but I'm not too sure about it
Is there some nice combination I could make with Mythic spellcasting and Unsanctioned Knowledge extra spells?
Should I consider a Knight of the sepulcher or Sacred servant over standard Antipaladin? They're interesting (the former one saves me a feat too) but I don't know if the aura of despair is worth losing, considered there's also a Void school wizard in the party for combined ultra debuffing
The only 3rd party product the DM allowed so far is Mythic Magic: core spells
>>
>>53229804
Knight of the Sepulcher sucks.
>>
>>53229629
>>53229703

I don't believe this.
>>
Does anyone have the map of the Xin empire?
Or which book it’s in?

>>53229629
>>53229703
Alas, at least your ass got fun.
>>
Who are the Australians of Golarion?
>>
>>53230029
Worldwounders?
>>
>>53229999
My PC when from male LE cleric to female with extra NG warpriest.
At first I was pissed but I end enjoying it.
>>
>>53230029
Everything north of the Kodar Mountains, around the World Wound specifically, would most be my most likely guess. Seeing as everything, including the environment and some of the crazier Winter Witches and demons is trying to kill the people living there.
>>
>>53230050
Wait, as in Mendevians or the madmen that actually live in the Worldwound?
>>
Hey guys, it's Mother's Day!

What relationship does your character have with their mother? Is your character a mother?
>>
>>53229569
>selling my soul
Ha! Ha! That would imply I had one, and that I'm not just a gilded facsimile of a long-dead monarch, meant to take their punishment in their stead.
>>
>>53229703
Got outjewed by some celestishits. Asmodeus is ashamed of you.
>>
>>53230123
Not as much as he's ashamed of himself now I bet.
>>
>>53230104
What's it like being a shabti? I've never seen one played.
>>
>>53230098
>Human Brawler
He respects her as any son should respect his mother, but he really wishes she'd stop bugging him about whether he's got a girlfriend yet.

>Human Oracle
Getting concerned about her son's love life. He's already 25 and he's still playing that "babyface" bit! Maybe that nice innkeeper he described in his last letter. Or maybe the Druid he's working with? There's always that girl he keeps meeting at the tournaments.

>Dhampir Inquisitor
Mom's a vampire, so...

>Gnome Spiritualist
Who knows?

>Half-Elf Oracle|Warlord
They keep in touch every so often.

>Human Brawler|Magus
Mom wasn't that big a part of her life. Probably still alive, though. Just like mine.

>Halfling Sorcerer
Dear ol' mum's a very busy woman and has no time for his shenanigans right now. Why do you think he took them elsewhere?
>>
>>53230098
My character in a Kingmaker campaign regularly sends letters back home to his family, along with any spare gold he can afford to send their way to help with the farm. His mother think's he's become a traveling merchant, and he cant wait until the group's got the place stabilized enough so that he can bring them to their start-up kingdom and goes "Surprise! You're nobility by proxy now!" so they don't have to toil on a farm on any more.
>>
>>53229569

Yes. It backfired on the devil and we got fused together in the same character. That said, it was not by my hand. He just got backstabbed by another devil at his most vulnerable moment. I got lucky.
>>
>>53230151
Imagine, if you will, endless, unbearable agony, and that you were damned to this torture by someone who looked just like you but not made of gold.

Now imagine that all of a sudden, the pain has stopped and you realize it wasn't even all that endless, but you also realize you're a soulless, unaging gold sculpture, warded against undeath and with powers of suggestion.

Sounds pretty cool, right?

Then you realize the nice lady who freed you from your imprisonment is going to grow old and die on you like a dog.

It's still pretty cool, but it's bittersweet, you know?
>>
>>53230098
She loathes her mother with a bilious passion.
>>
>>53230144
>Was a well respected member of Glorious Cheliax society.
>Had a Hellknight fiancee that was going to marry once dealt with the demons.
>Now I am a nympho bimbo futa so thicc Cattleya at my side looks like a plank.
>>
>>53230240
>implying she wouldn't leave his mind intact
>you know, so he has to remember EVERYTHING
>>
>>53230070
Wait, how exactly did that happen? Were those the terms of the contract?
>>
>>53230098
>The Alchemist is fairly certain his mother is disappointed he hasn't gotten a new girlfriend yet, considering how he's surrounded by almost nothing but women lately; She's glad she still has grandchildren, she just hoped for some made the "normal" way
>The Oracle's mother dropped him at his father's doorstep and fucked right off, so he never knew his birth mother; his half-sister is an elf so she covered that role in his life
>The Magus is pretty sure his sword is technically his mother, but the details on how that works are sketchy at best
>The Investigator neither remembers nor cares who her mother was, she was probably a raging bitch if her own attitude is anything to go by
>>
File: 1464008195146.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464008195146.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>53230294
>She's glad she still has grandchildren, she just hoped for some made the "normal" way
pls homunculi justice
>>
>>53230273
The contract was simple:
Do respect these rules and you will leave this place unharmed, fuck it up you will let me have fun with you.
My character is level 16 which for Arshea was a chance to juicy to piss off Azmo by converting a high ranking member of his church into a follower of his/her cult.
Was easy for her/him to "ascend" my character from Lawful Evil to Neutral Good and even turn her into a militant member of his/her cult.
Now her fiancee is looking for a wish or genie that can do this becaise my character is causing serious damage to the community which he (now her) belonged.
>>
>>53230433
That doesn't sound like Arshea is committing any good acts, it sounds more CE than anything.
>>
I really wonder if it'd be a good idea to make an app for TSS. I mean, a beefcake undercover pally seems terribly out of place.
>>
>>53230495
My character was basically a walking Homoshima & Fagasaki. He persecuted with great violence even people who had pre-marital sex using demons as an example of what happens when you have a libertine life-style bringing a mass histeria which made linching happen often in the town were he preached.
He didn't want to go to Nirvana but when the rest of the party found out on the terrible things he did they voted that he and he alone should go there in hope he will feel guilt and rank down the violence he did unleash.
What Arshea did was more in the line of poetic justice.
>>
>>53230495
Not him, but changing somebody's alignment to a different alignment should always be an act of that alignment with few exceptions. You're committing a good act by making a person good, because you're filling the universe with more cosmic goodness. Unless you did evil acts to accomplish the conversion, and unless those evil acts outweigh all of the good acts that person will do now that they're good, you've contributed a net gain to the universe's goodness.
>>
>>53230560
It'd be less out of place than a catgirl from a secret assassin guild for maids, or a nippon princess with a tragic past and a lust for blood
>>
So is Arshea some sort of goddess of rape? Weird that a rape god would be neutral good.
>>
>>53230598
True. Well, I just have to figure out the build I should go with, since I've got character details down mostly. Dex or strength?
>>
>>53230589
The radical shift in alignment "just because" is iffy, but the physical transformation just leaves a bad taste. Then again, I know none of the details between, so maybe it's just my paranoia that's seeing off the blasting red alarms.
Fuck Arshea and her magical realm
>>
>>53230683
Remember that my character was being trolled by celestials?
Those were made from the souls of the people my PC ordered to be burn in a stake or made mobs linch them.
Arshea pick them up with the intention they forgive me for what I done because I was also a victim (the PCs was rise in a toxic Azmodean fearing family and he had been always lookibg for the approval and admiration of a power hungry family).
Long story short Arshea when full Freud on him.
>>
>>53230768
See, that I can get, but the arbitrary gender swap shoots it from "redemption arc" to "dude, what the fuck".

Again, fuck Arshea.
>>
>>53230235
Why? What did your mother ever do to you?

Changeling, I assume?
>>
>>53230816
The gender swap was linked to his change from full "hobbesian" mindset to a far more "rousseaunian" one.
And it also happened as a result of he participating in a gang bang/orgy involving those celestials and Arshea.
>>
File: 1469964365320.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469964365320.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>53230884
As that anon said, fuck Arshea
>>
>>53230884
This does nothing to change my stance, and actually just weirds me the fuck out and makes the alarm bells louder.
>>
Also, which Paladin archetypes are better than vanilla pally?
>>
>>53230961
I've been told Chosen One is pretty neat, but that might just be memes.
>>
>>53230899
What I am looking at?
>>
>>53230839
She was a draconian physically and emotionally abusive tyrant without a shred of love or caring in her vile heart!
>>
>>53229530
Could it be possible for a wizard to BECOME a wizard from outside means? For example, my character picks up a tome in an old ruin and is immediately bonded with it and learns how to cast magic.
Unless I haven't looked hard enough, I don't think there is a class that would represent this since sorcerer is innately through blood and Oracle/cleric is God given. Would I need to convince a GM for this to work or would it not even matter too much in the first place unless I'm in a turbo lore friendly game?
>>
>>53230839
>>53231084
And no, no changelings here. Just a bitter, vicious child forced to grow up too soon.
>>
Anyone know if there's anything worthwhile in the soon-to-be released Adventurer's Guide? Apparently there's a lot of feats and PRCs but I don't want to buy a hardcover if it's just filler trash.
>>
>>53231089
Usually, those are called Witches.
>>
>>53231103
Oh, PRCs? I may become interested.
>>
>>53231089
You could ask the GM to let you be a Sage Sorcerer fluffed as that, and beg to keep a bonded tome instead of the shitty magic missile?
>>
>>53231103
It will probably be posted in this thread when it comes out. Just keep an eye out and judge for yourself when it does.
>>
>>53231008

It's actually pretty solid. You get a few features later than you ordinarily would, and you lose your insta-weapon buff, but you get a familiar who can easily deliver Lay on Hands, gives you a second save vs. mind-affecting, covers Knowledge (Religion) for you, and who can eventually share your Smite bonus.

They also cast Guidance as an at-will and get a domain power, which can be handy when you're starting out.
>>
>>53231008
It's way cuter than base class, and arguably just as effective (losing bond but gaining a cool familiar)
>>
>>53230598
What is it with household help thats actually part of secret societies that make them popular PC options?
>>
>>53231008
Chosen One is cool, the delayed features can hurt if your GM hammers you for not having them, but it levels off pretty quickly. IMO, it kinda let me down, since it would have been the perfect chance to introduce an excuse for NG and CG Paladins with actual lore justification
>>
>>53231249

How so?
>>
>>53231260
Not that anon, but your familiar is literally sent to you by a god to tell you to get hype.
That god could very well be of an alignment not LG, and odds are you yourself didn't actually dedicate yourself to any LG god by the fluff.
>>
>>53231209
You get the best of both worlds; being an empowered high-energy badass while retaining the look and feel of a sweet, demure maid who will do anything for her master.
>>
>>53231097
>>53231084
That's dark as fuck, has she gotten better? Have you killed dear ole mom yet?
>>
>>53231111
I'm pretty sure those aren't the same as wizards though. And I also want wizard for the ready of what I had planned.
>>53231135
I guess I'll have to try to work something out with the GM for it to work. I've had this cool idea for a while and I don't want to abandon it because it doesn't exactly fit into wizard or sorcerer.
>>
is improved familiar worth it? None of the improved familiars just seem all that great.
>>
>>53231260
Chosen One is described as not being from a knightly order or holy code, but just some schmuck who a higher power decides is fit for the job. It's the perfect set up for a Paladin of Cayden or Shelyn who's not strongly tied to any code of conduct, but feels a burning desire for justice anyway.
>>
>>53231294
>>53231260
Chosen Ones are Paladins purely by virtue of pure hearts and ample physical assets, their hefty divine powers are supported by gods or goddesses who might be a cup larger or smaller than your typical Paladin types.
>>
>>53231326
Did Chosen One come out alongside the stuff about Empyreal Lords? Because I can see them coming about from the developers figuring out nobody can be a proper exemplar of Arshea or Lymnieris unless they were Chosen.
>>
Should I be a Infiltrator Ranger Hobgoblin in Ironfang so I can sneak in on other Hobgoblins? How many opportunities do you get to do so?
>>
>>53231352
>hobgoblin
>in Ironfang

anon, the Player's Guide specifically tells you NOT to do it.
>>
>>53231351
Chosen One has been a thing for a long time. Bestiary 6 just came out recently
>>
>>53231351
It came out in Familiar Folio, along with a host of other familiar-related archetypes.

>>53231390
Empyreal Lords have also been things for a long-ass time senpai. Don't know when they were first published though.
>>
>>53231390
Empyreal Lords were a thing WAY before Bestiary 6.
>>
File: C_uZA0aUIAEXkt3 (1).jpg-large.jpg (179KB, 950x850px) Image search: [Google]
C_uZA0aUIAEXkt3 (1).jpg-large.jpg
179KB, 950x850px
>>53231378
But fuck Paizo
>>
>>53231089
>Arshea
Sorcerer's don't necesarily need to be by blood. Magical mutation works too which is what your describing.

I unironically may suggest Arcanist for this..
>>
>>53231311
Do you want to be a cheesy bastard and get a familiar with hands so it can hold a wand?
Improved Familiar is how you do that.
>>
>>53231444
but is that even that good?
>>
>>53231423
>fuck paizo
>but i'm playing one of their APs lol
>>
>>53231480
Yes, to the point of being nearly busted depending on how little forethought your DM has. As a budget option, have your familiar dual wield wands of shield and magic missile. 1500 gold investment to have 100 casts of support and small-arms artillery that never misses adds up incredibly fast at the 3-5 level range.

I'm personally fond of the CL9 Wand of Magic Missile. 6750 gold (half that if you have the option of crafting it yourself) for an average of 17.5 damage on a standard action that never misses unless the target has a shield spell. Have your familiar perched as a shoulder cannon and fire away at problem targets while you do your usual thing.
>>
That Guy stories, I'll start.

>be in a party
>group is fairly chill and likes to roleplay casually
>except that one guy, the munchkin one
>you know the one. barely attentive to anything but his own stats, not caring about story, but he's the DM's friend. made a shit backstory
>that guy dominates encounters instantly, he's made just to kill
>he plays to win but doesn't give a damn, he's completely silent or just gives one or two or three word responses out of combat
>doesn't even know how to roleplay, admits it
>dm lets it slide

REEEE. Infuriated with him.
>>
>>53231089
The point of the wizard class is that you fucking worked for it. If you wanted a class that had magic given to him then maybe go sorcerer or like other anons said, witches.
>>
>>53231480
Action economy breaks everything. Let's say you have a stereotype divine caster, arcane caster, heavily armored melee fighter, and lightly armored rogue/archer composition against a dragon ambush. If you and your imp cast spells, you can get your elemental resistance cast in two turns instead of four to resist the breath weapon. You can cast fly on everyone in the party in two turns instead of four. You can cast haste on both your full attackers in one turn instead of two. You and your familiar could in one turn summon two medium air elementals with summon monster 4, or 2d3 lantern archons, or 2d4+2 eagles to chase that dragon around every turn, and are all valid targets for further buffs.
>>
What are the most creative uses for the spell Shatter you can make?
>>
File: polywomple.jpg (379KB, 962x1866px) Image search: [Google]
polywomple.jpg
379KB, 962x1866px
POLYWOMPLE.

This is the name I was looking for.

Not at all close to Slugbox lol.

THIS is a good artist. Pic related.

Uh... Sorry for derailing?
>>
>>53229691
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2232831/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path

Here's the daily dose of shilling. Come join the revolution. We got dead hobgoblins and cakes.

>>53231494
I won't stop you anon but do know that you will be playing hard mode compared to non-goblinoid PCs.
>>
>>53231832
Dispel the beatsticks weapon followed by a quickened shatter.
>>
File: Sucy.png (376KB, 705x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sucy.png
376KB, 705x1200px
>>53231845
Are you talking shit about Slugbox?
>>
>>53231859
>Not authorized
>>
>>53231881
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-aventure-path

I'm a dumbass.
>>
>>53231859
>link
Not authorized.

Ironfang seems cool though. How big is this campaign, and do you have open spots? I've been meaning to run a fighter meme build based around Bodyguard for a while.
>>
What if the paladin is a chosen one, having a familiar? With if the rouge/archer type is a Ranger with animal companion? What if the divine caster took eldritch heritage to get arcane bloodline and therefore a familiar? What if you were a summoner with an eidolon that spams summons? What if each of the four of you got an alchemist to make you homunculus that also can wave wands around?

You can see that, taken to extremes, it'd be ridiculous. Even without doing leadership cheese, being able to cast an extra spell every turn is op.
>>
>>53231866
Yes.

>>53231859
Do you like gnolls
>>
>>53230294
I want to give the Alchemist a HUG!

Is his mother single, though?
>>
If you get an elemental improved familiar will it always be small? I want to have a big earth elemental golem
>>
>>53231949
Same deal anon. Typically evil races will be treated with suspicion.
>>
>>53226953

Check the Important NPCs listing, senpai. There's also TWO WEEKS left on the apps, so hold your horses on 'em.
>>
>>53231859
I couldnt find the players guide to the ironfang invasion or lands of conflict in the trove, where would you reccomend I look for such readings? I dont wanna spend buckos if there's a chance I wont get in.
>>
>>53231986
Well evil is certainly a point of view... Which doesn't mean, I don't enjoy racism thrown at me.

>>53231995
If that is not samefagging I don't know what it is.
>>
>>53232018
Players guide is free on paizo website but you need to jump through a couple of hoops before you are given a download. So maybe 5 mins work.
>>
>>53231444
You don't even need Improved Familiar for that, just grab a speaking bird. Birds can hold things in their talons just fine, and if you're crafting the wands yourself you can have them built with birdhandles to shut down any possible objection.
>>
>>53232034
Okay, thats a good start at least then. Thanks.
>>
>>53232021
The country is at war. I won't go overt but it will be hard mode.
>>
>>53231995
I want a big buff tribal girl to bully the Oreo Consortium Agent!
>>
>>53232018
Lands of Conflict is in the trove, anon? I got it from there.
>>
>>53232021
>samefagging
>waking up, seeing that post, going to the new thread, and posting that in case that anon is still around

Huh, sure is samefagging...
>>
>>53231895
>>53231918
Nevermind, lost interest in joining this game. Power level looks way too high with all the free shit being given to players, especially for a Paizo AP. Also some of the apps seem durdly snowflake fuckwits.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>53232058
At war... With the gobs. Technically I didn't do nuthing.

>>53232083
Odd choice of subject
>>
>>53232089
Understandable though I will also apply those boosts to important enemies. Thanks for at least looking over my game.
>>
File: 1481676617627.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481676617627.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53231081
Yuru Yuri
>>
File: 1491280051565.png (617KB, 722x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1491280051565.png
617KB, 722x1107px
How do you feel about half-orcs, /pfg/?
>>
>>53232209
Depends a lot on how you're playing them, but generally I'm willing to listen!
>>
>>53232209
They're half-revolting
>>
>>53232209
piece of shit go back to your tribe being a breeding stock
>>
>>53232242

I know, the human side is disgusting!
>>
>>53232209
Vestigial from a bygone era.

Just give us full Orcs as a core race.
>>
>>53232209
Half-orcs are for giving to orc tribes to be bred to create quarter-orcs who are given to orc tribes to be bred to create eighth-orcs who etc etc and wipe out the filthy orc race.
>>
>>53232089
>Durdly snowflake fuckwits
I don't really understand. They look fine to me. I don't really understand how a character ISN'T going to be snowlflaky. Is it because most of them have long backstories? Isn't that the point though? Isn't being a snowflake the point of rping in general? Please explain how you make a non snowflake character.
>>
>>53232209
Belong well in some campaigns, not so well in others. Like any race, they have their own place in different settings and narratives.

As for atraction, I need to at least buy her a drink first and get to know her. Otherwise, yeah I'm cool
>>
>>53232209
They're okay.
>>
>>53232302
>Please explain how you make a non snowflake character
Don't play Pathfinder lol

It's high fantasy. Everyone's a snowflake, therefore nobody is, but the uber-snowflakes.

>>53232303
I'd need to buy a drink too, but mostly for me.
>>
>>53232089
>durdly snowflake fuckwits

Really? I don't feel like any of the apps are excessively snowflakey. Oracle and tengu maybe a bit. But Oracle as a class is a snowflake by default and tengu's only kind of a snowflake because Nirmathas or whatever the country's called is mostly human. His backstory and personality seem quite the opposite really. Loving parents and PTSD seem pretty normal to me, almost boringly so.
>>
>>53232276
>Someone breeding with orcs is supposed to wipe out the orcs
>Somehow breeding with orcs is supposed to make their children LESS orc
That would literally do the opposite. It would put more orc into them until they're 99% orc. If they need with elves then they would become less orc.
>>
>>53232338
>>53232302
Fair enough, I only glanced through the backstories and didn't take the time to fully read them. Tengu struck me as "dark troubled past but HAPPY FRIEND MAN" personality and the oracle was "gwyndolinisizix but my friends call me gwen uguu"

I'll assume that I was mistaken though and you anons have the right of it. Even still, I prefer lower power games and working with tight character builds, so this doesn't seem like my cup of tea.
>>
>>53232209
My favorite core race.
>>
>>53232338
>>53232416

Neutral Anon here let me take a look at those.

"Blah blah blah specific story, events, etc..."

"Blah blah blah fateful event yadi yada..."

"...Actually somewhat nonspecific story, focusing on character motivations and psychology, well done birdperson."

"Story story one fateful day shit and shat blah blah..."

"Bandits burned my village and such, blah blah blah events...

There. I count four snowflakes and one actually engaging idea. Interesting people aren't defined by what happens to them, guys, only by how they cope. Exposition backstory is something to tell the party at the campfire Session 5, not during application.
>>
>>53232252
this
>>
>>53232471
This, you give the basic overview of their life and spend the rest of the backstory describing how the character reacted to it.

Give me the name of your parents and the beauty of your village when you're sitting.
>>
>>53232471
I dig this, you should go down the list for other games and give summaries
>>
File: 1453945098046.jpg (760KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1453945098046.jpg
760KB, 1280x1656px
>>53232471
Nice wrap-up anon.
>>
>>53232416
>>53232471
You seem pretty unfun to play with. It was probably best that you didn't join them. Why do you even come here with that elitist autism? I legitimately don't understand why you would even bother playing a game with other people with that mentality. Your standards are way too high.
>>
>>53232522
I'm afraid I can't... I'm applying for one of them and that wouldn't be fair.
>>
>>53232635
like that's stopped a reviewanon before
>>
>>53232635
You mean you won't tell us your perfect best selling novel of a character bio? What a shame.
>>
>>53232650
...Well it's stopping me. I haven't even gotten to write my backstory yet, all I have a placeholder.

The more I'm talking here, the less I'm working on it. So I also don't have the time.

>>53232657
I'm not afraid of being counter-judged. My character is the psion gnoll from earlier. Go ahead and bite me when it's up.
>>
File: 1484502863337.png (362KB, 453x341px) Image search: [Google]
1484502863337.png
362KB, 453x341px
For that one guy asking about Xin map, it's Thassilon and found in Lost Kingdoms.
>>
so I stumbled across the impundulu improved familiar
>An impundulu serving as awitch's familiargives its master additional spells known, just like awitch'spatron. The master must choose from one of the following patron themes when binding the impundulu, and this choice cannot be changed without dismissing and re-summoning the impundulu: Agility, Elements, or Transformation. These patron spells known are in addition to any granted by thewitch'sactual patron.

so is taking this, choosing transformation, then beast shaping your familiar viable? you could use it to deliver touch spells or ride it as a mount. am I missing something or is this a must-have?
>>
>>53232682
I just want to see if you are a good enough writer to warrant elitism in a backstory of all things. Unless you're a author publishing books, I don't see why it matters so much at all. Being a snowflake with a shitty bio is fine, and exactly what I expect from literally everyone, as long as it's not really cringeworthy.

As far as roleplaying goes, we're all just writing fanfiction here. So judging is saying "my fanfiction is better than yours".
>>
I had come up with a character concept that would be very versatile, but I can't find the thing that gave me the idea.
Essentially, I'd be able to use craft (alchemy) in place of other craft skills in skill checks. Any ideas?
>>
>>53232471
I don't see how Brid person is any different from any of the other characters. he doesn't seem engaging at all at least not notably more than the other guys.

Sure you're not just a furry with a bias?
>>
>>53232368
You say that, but my +16 bluff and +18 diplomacy mean the queen says otherwise.
Now shoo, I'm trying to inject my fetishes into the GM's plot and your incessant logic isn't helping.
>>
>>53232416
The oracle kinda of struck me as a tongue in cheek nod of a snowflake rather than a played straight one. Like, the entire first paragraph sets her up to the the marryest of sues. Then she just kinda gets a hobby and later turns it into a pretty mundain job, and generally develops a personality and narrative with little spotlight on herself.
>>
>>53232894
Not >>53232471
but they're right atleast in what they say.

Birdguy actually describes the character's psychology and decisionmaking in the backstory while the others just have stuff happen to them. I don't feel like the others are snowflakes or bad because of that though.
The tiefling's backstory is probably the most interesting one, but doesn't -really- mesh that well with the campaign imo. Birdperson's backstory is pretty average in itself but well written and gives a deeper insight into the character.
>>
File: mirage.jpg (250KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
mirage.jpg
250KB, 640x512px
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75981/raining-oil-and-blood
Shilling today. Find your rhythm in the pull of the trigger, pilot.
>>
>>53232941
How does the first paragraph indicate mary sueness when all it establishes
>her dad did ranger thing
>she was a healer that knew everyone in town, not that unusual
>she was generally good natured.
>>
>>53232966
>mirage.jpg
>mostly Crest parts
Raven, you might want to double-check you garage.
>>
>>53232738

>Edasseril

Isn't the Queen of Kyonin's name Telandia Edasseril?
>>
>>53232840
That's not elitism Anon, just a neutral expertise. You may take it as you will; agree or disagree, and certainly allowed to criticize. But since there was an argument, I gave my thoughts.

>>53232894
All he does is say that his character grew up with a small entourage, joined a war and is now war-weary. That's a very humane and relatable character description. It also leaves a lot of freedom, conserves the mystery of details for later, so that good roleplayers may care and ask; say, Birdo, how come you are so gloomy on the evenings? I have never said it was perfect, and innocent of the faults of the other biographies, but it's certainly toned down. The rest of the criticism could only be directed at the writing style which emphasizes useless details.

So yes, I'm sure.

>>53232959
You know, if we play a game together, and you say anything in your biography, you're liable for my character to bring it up later on his own. When you sit down at the fire and say "...So what happened was that -" , I'm going to cut you and continue your story for you. Since, it's YOUR public description as a person... You were basically saying that about everyone who heard of you already knows it.
>>
File: 1481110473499.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481110473499.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>53233039
Yes.
Yes it is.
>>
>>53233031
Remind me to fire my mechanic, too
>>
>>53232941
The only thing I count as being played straight is a guardsman character. Snowflakes are what makes games fun. Some people can't write a compelling backstory and they really don't need to in the first place
>>
>>53232973
Disregard, I didnt read the full comment chain and thought we were talking about TSS
>>
>>53233069
Why are you laughing at me, you snot-nosed brat?
>>
Does anyone have the artwork from the Ironfang Invasion books? I just found out it prominently features Adowyn and the cute Swashbuckler!
>>
File: Cosmic_Caravan.jpg (284KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic_Caravan.jpg
284KB, 1000x768px
http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cosmic_Caravan

What's your character's birth sign, /pfg/? Why not roll one right now and see if it fits?

I rolled for my last character's birthdate and got Kuthona 30, the Thrush! Which is weird for how he sees himself, but great for my tentative plan to break into Battle Herald!
>>
>>53233041
>Someone's roll20 application is somehow known by your character because you you read it in real life.
How did you think that was logical? Is this what this whole thing is about? You not being able to tell what is meta and what isn't? Unless I'm the ONLY person that thinks this, what else wrote for biographies, descriptions, and backstories are only read for players to get a handle on what they want their character to be out of game and NEVER known by the in game characters. What the characters know about my character will come up in the fucking game. They are more biographies than backstories because it's a third party talking about the character's life told as a story.
>>
>>53233170
>http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cosmic_Caravan

the one that's most appropriate for him is probably the pack, but the Newlyweds also seems appropriate...
>>
>>53233213
>>53233041

Kinda agree with both of you here, it's certainly not black and white. On the one hand whatever is written in the backstory certainly isn't known by everyone. On the other hand the backstory should leave as much as possible open as exactly this makes a character interesting and gets other people to ask about these things IC, leading to better roleplay.
>>
>>53233213
If you don't want people to metagame, don't give them anything to enable it, whether the metagaming is conscious or subconscious.

If all you find to describe your character, to me, a player, on the first day he appear, is "he was violented by his mum when he was 14", the only way I, and my character, will see yours, is as a boy who was violented by his mum when he was 14. Therefore my character will bring it up.

Imagine for a second that you meet a guy at a party and to introduce himself he tells you his life story in details and how all those specific events shaped him anarcho-communist beliefs.

That, is a snowflake.

On the other hand you also meet a tall bald dude, on the buff side, friendly but nervous near cutlery noises. You talk and he tells you in a single sentence that he grew up on a farm, joined the army and was honourably discharged for PTSD. Application done, case closed.

On the 5th session campfire, he actually lets out he's gay, there was a bad scene with an officer, and he also sees the spirits of his dead comrades. That's where the actual PTSD comes from.
>>
What's the plot of the Shattered Star anyway?
>>
>>53233305
Basically the plot of dragon ball but replace with thassilonian characters.
>>
>>53233322
Huh.
That sounds somewhat fun even
>>
>>53233340
it's more fun if you actually have a full BAB martial, considering there's lots of combat.
>>
>>53233322
So we're trying to help some chick with anger issues cheat her way into getting a boyfriend while an evil king tries to beat us to the macguffin?
Or is there a midget who wants to use ancient Thassilonian magic to make himself taller and he's gathered a huge army and spent millions of gp to make that happen?
Or are we at the point where some ancient demon (later revealed to actually be an alien) is trying to take over the world?
>>
>>53233305
"Hello, Pathfinders, we have come bearing you news: This random thing that happened means you get to gather the seven shards of sin while being chased by a drow asshole, a dragon and maybe some other things! You also get to see all sorts of things from the first good APs and the one nobody talks of. I mean, gathering the Siheidron's shards combining them on top of the bridge that is full of murder spiders in a city that was assaulted by a giant fish totally will not awaken the ancient powers of Thassilon an rouse up their assassinated emperor from his restless slumber!"
>>
When it comes to Roll20 games, I don't mind putting more information that you would in person.

As a GM, you want to make sure people fit into your vision of the quest. Besides, the more you give me, the more I can work with.
>>
>>53233381
I typically tend to make one text for the public application, and one detailed work specifically for the DM, mentionning family, secrets and personal philosophies.
>>
>>53233376
>and the one nobody talks of.
Second Darkness?
>>
>>53233413
We don't talk about it.
>>
File: 1480628253886.gif (396KB, 541x332px) Image search: [Google]
1480628253886.gif
396KB, 541x332px
>>53233351
Poor Chaika-anon. 1d3+1+INT touch attack...

AS

A

STANDARD

ACTION
>>
>>53233413
Considering that drow are only present in that AP, probably.
>>
>>53233374
Basically at the start its like that one episode where Goku dealt with the red ribbon army to get the first dragon ball then it escalates to the point where you deal with some crazy guy in a robot suit in a building full of spooky ghosts.
>>
File: 1488203430931.gif (1005KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488203430931.gif
1005KB, 480x270px
>>53233425
>>
>>53233439
Wasn't that second one one of the early DBZ movies, actually?
>>
>>53233456
>Homunculus_in_the_driver's_seat.gif
>>
>>53233302
Anon... you understand that applying to a game is pitching a character, right? That's the reason for backstories, it's to show the GM where the character has been, who they are now, and give a hint of where they're going. Being upfront about your character isn't being "a snowflake" it's being honest with your GM, and your fellow players.

As a GM, I wouldn't even give your PTSD dude a second thought if I saw him applying to a game, because there's no depth to him. I have no way of knowing who he is, what he does, and why he does it; unless I want to spend valuable time track you down and asking you.

>If you don't want people to metagame, don't give them anything to enable it, whether the metagaming is conscious or subconscious.

Or play with people who can separate IC and OOC knowledge. If you're utterly incapable of doing that, then I don't think TTRPGs are the right fit for you.
>>
Is Leshy Warden any good?
>>
File: they would not stand.jpg (102KB, 986x457px) Image search: [Google]
they would not stand.jpg
102KB, 986x457px
>>53233170
>http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cosmic_Caravan
>another cool concept for Golarion, wasted, sqiandered, and abandoned by the uncaring hacks of Paizo
What am I fighting for?
>>
>>53233477
I want to _hug that homunculus!
>>
File: 1473248990622.png (119KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1473248990622.png
119KB, 342x298px
Rolled 11 + 1 (1d12 + 1)

>>53233170

Time to see when my wee little lad was born!
>>
File: Wizard's Familiar on 4chan.jpg (81KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard's Familiar on 4chan.jpg
81KB, 500x667px
Tell me about your Familiar /pfg/
>>
File: 1473724845563.gif (182KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
1473724845563.gif
182KB, 190x190px
>>53233565
The first of Neth! He was born in November!
>>
>>53233302
If people metagame like that, I'm probably not going to play with them they can act like a smug, self satisfied asshole for metagaming all they want but that isn't going to change that they metagaming and thus intentionally being a piece of shit.

I'd personally rather see someone write 400 paragraphs detailing every day of their lives than to write one sentence because they've gotta "leave the details for later". You may not approve, but I'm a person who actually tried to be a good player. I play off of what my character would do in the situation. If the backstory is too descriptive, I'm not going to memorize it so I can metagame my character off of it. If I were to read that the character was touched as a child, I'm still going to play my character as if they weren't and use only the information given. Their bio is for me to read in real life. If we both know, out of character, what the other's character is like then we can try to make things interesting through play. If I know something about someone else that my character doesn't, I'm not going to straight up ask them about it or unsubtly prompt them for information because that is stupid. I'd wait until something comes up in game. Say I start using cutlery and see the bald guy get anxious. If my character saw then I approach the guy how he would approach him as if he doesn't know even if I do.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm explaining this. Isn't this rudimentary knowledge for ROLEPLAYING? You play your character as if they are their own person, without your out of game meta knowlege.
>>
>>53233567
Its a part of her dads mind sealed within a scorpion, which came into his existence through a super powerful contingency spell so that he would guide his daughter on the right path.
>>
Tell me about the Sodden Lands /pfg/. What kind of adventure can be had there, and is it a perfect place for Fortunate Son shenanigans?
>>
File: 1480984894742.jpg (48KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
1480984894742.jpg
48KB, 224x257px
>>53233512
How so?
>>
File: 1476121564165.png (424KB, 618x607px) Image search: [Google]
1476121564165.png
424KB, 618x607px
>>53233683
The fuck are the Sodden Lands?
>>
>>53233683
>>53233718
The Sodden Lands are the patch of Garund directly next to the Eye of Abendago, which was formed via Aroden's death.

The region itself is fairly useless; there are hardly any notable riches to plunder or ruins to explore, and the kingdoms that inhabited that region were forgettable, as Garundi nations go.
>>
>>53233567
He's a tumor that this aberrant bloodrager... just one day woke up to. He was sleeping, felt a weight on his chest, and when he woke up this tumor that had been bugging him for years finally popped off and BECAME AN ANIMAL. It takes the shape of a pretty dorky-looking hedgehog.

It's really a Protector Familiar, using the Aberrant Bloodrager Health Buffer cheese
>>
>>53233503
>Anon... you understand that applying to a game is pitching a character, right?
Just like starting your paragraph with "X...Y, right?" is a foolproof way of getting me not to read your comment, writing three pages of the details of a story about some even that shaped Dudeguy's life is a foolproof way of not getting me to give a damn about the character.

This is a bad pitch. Advertisements don't go "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH NUMBERS" for three hours. They're tailored for 5-seconds attention spans; that's what teasers are made for, especially, so that you want to know more. And you know more by playing the game and keeping your friend alive so he can tell his story.

And talking from the point of view of an ADHD sufferer, you should always write your characters like your public is only made of ADD kids, even if they're not ADD. Nobody wants to spend more than thirty seconds on your character; thirty seconds is all you have to PITCH. Hence... The word pitch.

>As a GM, I wouldn't even give your PTSD dude a second thought if I saw him applying to a game, because there's no depth to him
Why would I reveal the depth of my character before we even did a Session 0? If you want more, PM me.

Nobody will give a shit about my character with or without an autistic backstory because nobody has attached themselves to him. He never even get to exist yet. In fact if you want all his stuff, right now, you're taking away the roleplay arc planned for the game and all that's left is powergaming.

>Or play with people who can separate IC and OOC knowledge. If you're utterly incapable of doing that, then I don't think TTRPGs are the right fit for you.
Boy I smell someone with unrealistic expectations on his ability to control his subconscious.
>>
File: 1494723909843.jpg (110KB, 614x491px) Image search: [Google]
1494723909843.jpg
110KB, 614x491px
>>53233760
>a foolproof way of getting me not to read your comment
That's a long and in-depth post for someone who refused to read the post he's responding to.
>>
>>53233718
Its the soggy asshole of Garund, tha used to be populated by Mwangi astrologers and diviners an sheet. But then the Eye of Abendago opened up and tore the whole place up. Now everything is drowned hard, and the whole place is a giant jungly-marsh filled with bullwugs, krakens, and crazy demon/Gozreh cultists

>>53233744
Eh, Lirgen seemed kinda cool, plus you also have the ruins of what was once the largest trade consortium in the Inner Sea underneath the waves there.
>>
>>53233744
Oh that place
Yeah fuck that noise.
Only thing interesting in that area is the observatory
>>
>>53233567
Oh, that thing? It's on his... No, not that arm. Not the other one either. Ankle maybe? Shit, where are you, ya little feathery bastard? Are you hiding on the small of my back again?
>>
>>53233700
Have you ever seen Paizo even mention or utilize it in any books? Do you see people actually try and consider their birthsign? when it comes to character creation? Who even remembers that the Caravan is even a thing in the setting?
>>
>>53233760
>Why would I reveal the depth of my character before we even did a Session 0? If you want more, PM me.

As a third party observer to this little spat, I can see exactly what you're trying to argue here.

Most characters are going to have fairly simple, if not disgustingly simple, backstories, all things considered. I absolutely agree with you there, and I also agree that the way you make a character have depth is seeking out ways to inject their backstory (such as it is) into the campaign itself.
>>
>>53233612
See the post I just made here. >>53233760

And try to think hard about what "first impression" means. Whether you want it or not, your first impression sticks. If you write the autistic backstory, you either have no fucking clue what you're supposed to feel, or you feel something you shouldn't about the character.

Either way, I don't care about knowing who he is any longer, as a player, so I won't bother doing it as a character.

"- Oooh would you look at that boys it's the 5th night of adventuring! And what a convenient campfire! McGuy, I think it's the cue for you to tell us your tragic backstory about how bandits ate your village."
"- Well, since you're asking, bandits ate my village, and it was terrible."
" - Oh wow, McGuy, that sounds so awful, and I wasn't expecting that at all, etc."
>>
>>53232966
Hm, Psionics is allowed, but since this is playtest:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19y_V3-_cKBzTYiFwt5M3Tij7ahQoPPt9XLTE1wreV68/edit#heading=h.rgazf78tpet7
Is the Gambler Kineticist allowed?
>>
>>53233683
The Sodden Lands are a complete waste of space on Golarion. There's nobody of note living there, there's nothing important enough to steal or defend, and conditions within mean that if you want to survive in there you're required to make significant investment in equipment that's useless anywhere else. It's the land where bad plot hooks go to die.
>>
>>53233836
>Who even remembers that the Caravan is even a thing in the setting?
The Caravan is a Varisian thing, and we don't give a damn about Varisians.
>>
>>53233852
Its been published already brah
>>
>>53233857
So no one gives a damn about the Ethnic people living in the province where a good chunk of the APs, modules, and splat material is focused on?
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>>53233855

So tell me, lads, how would we go about fixing the Sodden Lands? Is this honestly a case of, "the only way to fix this worthless patch of nothing is to get rid of the Eye of Abendago?"

Which I'm totally fine with, mind you. The Eye of Abendago was a plot contrivance to both explain why Sargava isn't fucking dead yet, and why Pirates are even a thing in the Not!Caribbean.

GOD DAMMIT, IS PAIZO REALLY THAT SPINELESS THAT THEY WOULDN'T ADD BARBARY CORSAIRS INTO THE GAME?
>>
>>53233855
>There's nobody of note living there,
Aside from the remaining Lirgini still aorund in Hyrantum?
>>
>>53233787
I'm sorry that I don't go out of my way to alienate people.

A serious post deserves a serious answer.

>>53233839
Yeah technically... The only way of making objectively good stories is to try seeing them from the point of view of a 3rd party.

Try to put on a good show for everyone. The DM, the players, the "public", whether or not it's a private game. Good roleplay is like a good TV show, but nothing is more genuine that actual surprise from the actors. They may know their own part but they don't necessarily know what the others play.
>>
>>53233895
Well there's no STRUGGLE inherent in their lives, so the new writers don't see any potential storylines involving Varisians.
>>
>>53233895
>So no one gives a damn about the Ethnic people living in the province where a good chunk of the APs, modules, and splat material is focused on?

Yes. Double Yes. Nobody actually likes the Varisians, and about 90% of the time you see someone making a person from Varisia, they're a white guy or girl from one of the City-States.

It's one of the big red flags people could see coming from Paizo when they tried to focus on Gypsies instead of the Inner Sea, and while people loved Varisia they really didn't love Varisians.

>>53233918
Hyrantum and the Linguini aren't anything of note, anon. The argument still stands.
>>
>>53231008
>>53231181
>>53231198
Wait, hold on. Considering that most /pfg/ games are gestalt, it's perfectly possible to make a Chosen One/Magical Child.
>>
>Upon revival it is revealed Xin has gone mad
Why do the ancient artifact revivals always be mad?
Never a sane, good person inside the box.
>>
>>53233960
Yes!
>>
>>53233901
>GOD DAMMIT, IS PAIZO REALLY THAT SPINELESS THAT THEY WOULDN'T ADD BARBARY CORSAIRS INTO THE GAME?
Probably too sexist mwahaha
>>
>>53233947
Of course there's struggle, the Varisians are famously nomadic and spend much of their time being oddly progressive, socially inclusive people.
>>
File: 1489355770699.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1489355770699.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>53233931
>>53233850
>>53233760
>>53233302
>NO NO NO YOU HAVE TO WRITE AND PLAY THIS WAY OR YOU'RE NOT A REAL ROLEPLAYER
>>
>>53233901
>So tell me, lads, how would we go about fixing the Sodden Lands?
We need actual information and research and Lirgen and Yamasa, as well as information on their culture, treasures, what they were doing before the Eye opened up, and what cultural and economic effect they had on not only their neighbors but also on Golarion as a whole

>>53233949
>The Hundred Halberds Consortium, once one of the largest and most influential economic powers in the Inner Sea, is irrelevant and has nothing worth going in and tomb raiding for
moshi moshi baito desu
>>
File: 1428686491520.jpg (36KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
1428686491520.jpg
36KB, 511x509px
>>53233986
>Probably too sexist mwahaha

Anon... Get this... The Barbary Corsairs actually exist... But they're hired by the FUCKING WHITE MEN of Taldor and only patrol the Zimar River!
>>
>>53233760
They are APPLICATIONS not ADVERTISEMENTS. It's about the same thing as a resume but in story or description format about a fictional character. The shorter resume, the less likely anyone will pay attention to you. If you write a lot, then you've got a little to say about you. I will definitely be more interested in a long story even if I DON'T read all of it. That means I know they have put effort into the character. I can't know that if you're trying to blue ball me on your advertisement. Give me an application instead.
If you have ADHD or don't like ready WHY are you playing tabletop games? You have to read a fucking book to learn how to play. And this is a text based game we're talking about as well. Why would you join a text game if you don't want to read? If you can't read someone's bio for 30 seconds you certainly won't read text on discord for 4 hours.

>That last line
Come on, nigger. You're the one with unrealistic expectations here. People want to write an autistic story about their snowflake character. That is what ROLEPLAYING is. Leaving more story for in game development is one thing, but you're not writing a bio on your character to leave things in mystery. You write he bio so other people can learn about your character. If you MUST leave all the juicy details in secret from whatever reason that may be, make me want to find someone out, make it look appatizing or at least put a lot of SURFACE story in there.
>>
>>53233949
>nobody gives a damn about the ruling ethnic group of Ustalav, and the superstitions held by them
nah man, you just have shit taste
>>
>>53234013
>We need actual information and research and Lirgen and Yamasa, as well as information on their culture, treasures, what they were doing before the Eye opened up, and what cultural and economic effect they had on not only their neighbors but also on Golarion as a whole

Anon-Sama, we've had ten years and dozens of books to find these things out. Paizo has not given us a peep because there isn't a peep to give.
>>
>>53233170
Doesn't that have something to do with those space ratfolk merchants.
>>
>>53234040
Anon, while it is true that Ustalav was settled and ruled by the Varisians, most people don't see that. When people hear Varisian, they think a swarthy, arguably mongrel people with nomadic predilections and a Desna shtick. When people hear Ustalav, they think pale, almost Germanic people with aquiline noses and hair shades that range from jet-black to moon-silver. Nobody thinks of Ustalavic people as being ethnically similar to Varisian people.
>>
>>53233972
Would that lead to two familiars or one buff familiar, though?
>>
>>53234151
One buff familiar.
>>
Give me the tl;dr version of this. Whats better for archery, tempest gale or solar wind? Part of me thinks solar wind is probably inferior simply because lol fire damage. But what do these two disciplines offer for a full attacking 1 million arrow man?
>>
>>53234054
>implying its not because paizo are hacks who don't want to focus on anything that isn't muh librul struggles and CG revolutions against my paren-I mean The Man!
Stop trying to conflate the aims of Old Paizo with NuPaizo. the only reason places like the Sodden Lands, RotML, LotLK, Thuvia, Absolam, and nearly everywhere else that isn't Cheliax and Varisia is because its herder for the devs to fap to their agendas there. Heck, its partially the reason why we are only JUST NOW getting content on Molthune and Nirmathas, because the devs needed a new province to jism over

>>53234115
Except for the fact that they are ethnically Varisian, and that other ethnicities there are generally a minority.
>>
>>53234004
>all I will do is post anime smug and stomp my feet
Try harder
>>
File: ;oijh.png (326KB, 694x727px) Image search: [Google]
;oijh.png
326KB, 694x727px
Happy Mother's Day, /pfg/
>>
>>53234179
>Except for the fact that they are ethnically Varisian, and that other ethnicities there are generally a minority.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying you're 100% correct that Ustalav is mainly Varisian, but what I'm saying is that nobody will think that because "Varisian" has a connotation distinct from "Person from Ustalav."
>>
>>53234208
>my way is superior, and unless you keep arguing in circles like me I have clearly won
>>
>>53234213
Happy Mother's Day.
>>
>>53234171
Well, that could be cool. Seems like the PC would be too dependent on the familiar, though.
>>
File: the only dong i know for real.png (210KB, 515x590px) Image search: [Google]
the only dong i know for real.png
210KB, 515x590px
>>53234213
>Elsbeth's MILF momma
Tell me there is more
>>
Woah, what kind of autist thinks that a player background is known by all players in character? The argument is that you are literally autistic enough to not be able to play pretend properly?

How do you guys handle, as a DM, when your friend's player characters that aren't very flesh out? They have no living family and just want to adventure.
>>
>>53233850
You seriously need to learn how to rp instead of a condescending passive aggressive faggot who metagames. You need to make it fun for everyone else just as much as they need to make it fun for you. This means sitting through a cliche campfire scene about information you already know on occasion.
>>
>>53234208
What, not paragraph about how your way is the correct way? No more overblown comparisons to how TV or movies supposedly get made? No shoddy examples of how PCs are supposed to reveal their backstory only at pre-determined points? And how applications should be just "I'm the best fucking writer you'll ever meet so you'd better accept me into your game"?

I guess we're done here then.
>>
>>53234213
Happy Mother's Day to you too!
oh jesus I just realized how fucking insufferable Father's Day is going to be around here
>>
File: amalthea.sendorei.jpg (31KB, 379x512px) Image search: [Google]
amalthea.sendorei.jpg
31KB, 379x512px
>>53234213
Happy Mother's Day.
>>
>>53234037
>They are APPLICATIONS not ADVERTISEMENTS
You did say you were pitching characters. Pitching is marketing.

>If you have ADHD or don't like ready WHY are you playing tabletop games?
>If you stutter WHY are you trying to be an actor
>If you're disabled WHY do you watch football
>If your chest is so malformed that it looks like a cereal bowl WHY are you trying to become an olympic swimmer
Come on anon you're starting to become quite insensitive.

>>53234037
>People want to write an autistic story about their snowflake character. That is what ROLEPLAYING is.
No.

> If you can't read someone's bio for 30 seconds you certainly won't read text on discord for 4 hours.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. Those are different things.

> I will definitely be more interested in a long story even if I DON'T read all of it. That means I know they have put effort into the character.
Just because X means Y doesn't mean Y means X. It can also very much mean you haven't put any effort in the character at all and you're just slamming a bookwort of ipsum lorem in the hopes of replacing actual character ideas. On the other hand having a concept good enough that you can keep it concise and still show the general gist of, means you've done well.

>Come on, nigger.
What, you're seriously going to maintain that you can see a thing and pretend it just doesn't exist subconsciously? Sounds like some incredible mental discipline you got there. If only everyone did like you, racism wouldn't exist. I wonder why they're not doing like you.
>>
>>53234213
This is my least favourite day of the year.
>>
>>53234242
You know, I can unironically see Franze being a mom.
>>
>>53234269
>>53234271
If you are secure enough in your arguments, why are you so aggressive?

>>53234266
You're completely conflating and strawmanning my point. You know very well that is not what was meant; or you are just taking it from those that do it just on purpose, you know, to start shit, because it's all they can do.
>>
>>53234343
>t. orphan anon
>>
>>53234213
I wonder how many /pfg/ characters will have reason to celebrate Mother's Day come next year!
>>
>>53234413
Approximately zero of mine.
>>
>>53234301
daddy

:^)
>>
>>53234474
I second this.
>>
>>53234172
I recall Solar Wind's usually placed over Tempest Gale because damage output is prioritized over combat manuevers. It has unlimited phantom ammo for a 1st level stance, plus it has both a mix of precision sniping and carpet bombing throughout its levels.
>>
>>53234312
Amalthea's only for breeding and handholding.
>>
>>53234347
That was sort of the intent.
>>
>>53234480
B-but fire damage!
>>
>>53234172
>>53234528
The Variable Wind feat completely solves the lolelemental aspect of Solar Wind.

Really though, it depends on what you want to do. Solar Wind hits harder, but that also makes it more likely for the GM to get cheesed and ban PoW in less optimized games. And effective use of Tempest Gale can lead to an action economy advantage that's just hilariously powerful.
>>
>>53234570
Oh, please expand on the proper usage of Tempest Gale. I hardly see anybody extol its virtues.
>>
>>53234475
Starfinder: DAD SPACE.
>>
>>53234336
Get over yourself, faggot. Either that or go find some other elitists to stroke dicks with. Then you won't have to get mad at those durdly snowflake fuckwits.
>>
>>53234590
I mean, you get damage AND combat maneuvers off of many of the strikes starting level 1, even using a skill instead of CMB which makes it even more likely to succeed. In comparison the "melee" disciplines have you do no damage in addition to a maneuver atleast in the early levels.

On the other hand rapid shot/manyshot are a thing and absurdly powerful.
>>
File: 1493403131657.jpg (64KB, 337x369px) Image search: [Google]
1493403131657.jpg
64KB, 337x369px
Which Sihedron shard would your character use/have/carry?
>>
>>53233510
P-Please respond? I wanna know if I can turn into Biolante
>>
>>53234590
Readied actions turn it from "nice" to "HOLY SHIT".
Trip somebody right as they start moving, and you've both negated their move action and forced them to use their standard to get back up.
Disarm somebody while they're attacking (or casting, if they need materials or a focus) and their standard action is just gone.
Bull rush somebody out of adjacency when they try to melee and you've shut down their plan. Even better, bull rush somebody who's about to cast an AOE centered on themselves and you might just cause friendly fire.

And Tempest Gale lets you do all this at range while dealing damage.
>>
>>53234499
>Breeding
>Handholding
>Not blowing raspberries on her plump belly
>>
>>53234609
>what's your opinion
>gives opinion
>WHY YOU CARE
kek

Don't have time to contend with your autism. See ya.
>>
>>53234680
>Raspberries
>not giving her a hug and rubbing your face in her boobs
>>
File: Confused_Anime_Girl.gif (296KB, 529x720px) Image search: [Google]
Confused_Anime_Girl.gif
296KB, 529x720px
>>53234640
Maybe name them?
>>
>>53234646

Yeah, seems alright.
>>
>>53234640
>>53234733
Seven Deadly Sins, the first anon could have at least said that much
>>
>>53234615
>>53234653
Damn. That sounds pretty good. Seems like it's equal, if not better than Solar Wind.
>>
>>53234693
>Literally an hour long argument
>"Don't have time"
Wut
>>
>>53234747
Greed, no question. It was practically a prerequisite for the campaign.
Pride might become a serious contender, though.
>>
>>53233170
>>53234475
>>53234301
Rolled for Dello/Dad Rat from TSS, got this Seen as the father of the Cosmic Caravan, the Patriarch (21 Sarenith—20 Erastus) guides the Wagon through danger
>>
File: 1493240777521.gif (180KB, 771x588px) Image search: [Google]
1493240777521.gif
180KB, 771x588px
Post your current party, /pfg/
>>
>>53234843
Daddy?
>>
File: archer.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
archer.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>53234172
Why not just use both?
>>
>>53234843
>Desperately trying to meme his shit character
>>
>>53234395
Okay, hypothetical situation. While the party is examining a puzzle in a room, the rogue goes down a hallway ahead of the group, turns a corner and out of sight from the party falls through a trap door into a pit. Is it appropriate for everyone to drop what they are doing and rush after the rogue with the meta knowledge he needs help?

The party wonders what's taking the rogue so long, and decides to investigate. No one's perception check notices the trap, and running down the hallway doesn't trigger the trap door. Should you head into the next room to keep searching for the rogue, or should you use the meta knowledge of exactly where he is to save him?
You are a Lawful Good Paladin with a Neutral Evil cleric that worships a True Neutral Goddess, and has items that hides the aura of evil. Is it justified to question everything the cleric does as an act of evil because you saw their alignment on their sheet?
You are the same Paladin that had adventured with a Rogue for a long time. The rogue has decided to take a level in the Assassin Prestige Class, which requires being evil and killing someone unjustly as requirements. Are you justified in attempting to arrest the rogue for having an assassin level?
An enemy has snuck into your tent as you sleep. It has produced no sound nor done anything to awaken you. Are you allowed to wake your character up to avoid being attacked in your sleep?

The answer to every question is no. Most people know this intuitively, and don't bother to type it all out. If my players were to take actions in these ways, they would first get warnings, then EXP penalties, then told that "no, you don't do that because you have no reason to".

I said "doesn't know how to play pretend correctly" because you in fact don't. Rather than argue that you would possibly use the knowledge subconsciously, you should be ACTIVELY creating a filter that only allows you to act on what your character knows.
>>
>>53234883
Trying to figure out the freebie I'm going to take on the Ironfang game so only one discipline and only up to ML 6.
>>
>>53234884
Would that make it worse or better?
>>
>>53234884
Which characters do you think are worthy of being memed, anon?
>>
>>53234923
They all suck desu but cringe rat is the worst.
>>
>>53234724
Why not both, and turn what would have been an amorous encounter into an amusing one?
>>
File: 1484281373923.jpg (1MB, 1032x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1484281373923.jpg
1MB, 1032x1458px
Is it just me, or did SotJR basically seal the fate of the players as popular meme GMs/players?

It's like, if you were accepted into SotJR, that's that, you're now a celebrity GM/player and you're several times more likely to be accepted into other games.

Why did it have to be this way? Why is it a popularity spiral?
>>
>>53234923
Memes come naturally, pushing a meme doesn't give it life.

You should know this if your name isn't Matt.
>>
File: 1485043148873.png (530KB, 601x713px) Image search: [Google]
1485043148873.png
530KB, 601x713px
>>53234984
Also the same applies to, like, half of FotJR too.
>>
>>53234984

Becaus you faggots won't shut up about it.
>>
>>53234984
Because SotJR had a months long application cycle and was the first major game we've ever discussed. This was back when something like a huge-breasted PC was seen as new and daring.
>>
>>53235001
>half of FotJR

Etan, Rubio, Quinn?
>>
>>53234843
>>53234879
Please don't meme the edge rat.
>>
>>53230593
It ain't. Forcing an alignment change is Evil, flatout.

>>53230589
This whole thing is still pretty fucking stupid. 'Looking angrily' isn't violence.
>>
>>53234984
It's a shame nobody's applied to a game with that art yet, I think she's the right kind of stocky and cute for a good Agathion-Blooded Aasimar Oracle!
>>
>>53234640
What do each of them do?
>>
>>53234640
Wrath for trying to find the people who destroyed his village and torture them.
>>
Pick the class (es) you think desperately need unchaining and updating to modern design standards. Which class(es) are they, and what does this unchaining and updating entail?

>>53235048
Y'know, TSS and Kobold Quest are recruiting... maybe YOU could try it, Anon?
>>
Is Piercing Thunder the absolute worst PoW discipline?
>>
>>53234901
>While the party is examining a puzzle in a room, the rogue goes down a hallway ahead of the group, turns a corner and out of sight from the party falls through a trap door into a pit. Is it appropriate for everyone to drop what they are doing and rush after the rogue with the meta knowledge he needs help?
Of course: no. But I would be more comfortable if the GM kept this a secret in the first place. Even just knowing what happened might influence my decision-making, or, make me seem untrustworthy should I steer the party in the direction of the trap even for good reasons.

>Is it justified to question everything the cleric does as an act of evil because you saw their alignment on their sheet?
Again, no, but once again, can you really trust me on that? Can I really trust myself on it? Won't I purposefully try to "accidentally" put myself in front of the evidence, or won't I, on the contrary, avoid evidence when I was justified in finding it, because I am trying to avoid appearing, out of character, like I'm metagaming. Yet in both cases it would be metagaming.

>The rogue has decided to take a level in the Assassin Prestige Class, which requires being evil and killing someone unjustly as requirements. Are you justified in attempting to arrest the rogue for having an assassin level?
If somehow that's character knowledge... Yes.

>An enemy has snuck into your tent as you sleep. It has produced no sound nor done anything to awaken you. Are you allowed to wake your character up to avoid being attacked in your sleep?
I WISH.

>If my players were to take actions in these ways, they would first get warnings, then EXP penalties, then told that "no, you don't do that because you have no reason to".
My point being; how do you know? How do you trust? You end up with players piss-scared of just doing about anything, and just let things happen, out of the paranoia of metagaming.
>>
>>53235029
Rubio, Aster/Tia, Saboten
>>
>>53234901
(cont)
>you should be ACTIVELY creating a filter that only allows you to act on what your character knows.
Go ahead and make that filter. And then market it, because you're gonna get big bucks. You can only ask people not to metagame to a degree, but it does not do any wonders for immersion. You end up doing a game of pretend within a game of pretend.
>>
>>53234923
Meme dream team:

Amalthea, already a meme so kinda cheating but props for trying to make it work.

Priestess 'PM them' Priscilla

At least two kobolds. If too many people app with kobolds to the point that two picks would actually be fairly reprentative of their population in he apps, then the nicolas cage guy someones working on.

Syra 'BOSS BITCH' Bighorn.
>>
>>53233302
>My application can only contain things they'll tell the party

HAH
>>
File: Misbehave.jpg (44KB, 625x479px) Image search: [Google]
Misbehave.jpg
44KB, 625x479px
>>53233567
>Implying Salem is a familiar.

And they're all witches, not wizards.
>>
>>53235184
Just one thing, anon. Two separate guys are working on Nick Cage apps for TSS.
>>
>>53235029
And Sweettooth, his player's a sweetheart.
>>
>>53235227
Well that won't do. The proper solution would be for them to fight to determine the one true Cage.
In a cage match.
>>
>>53235261
NIC CAGE AGAINST NIC CAGE IN A RAGIN' CAJUN CAGE MATCH
>>
>>53234984
I dunno, nobody ever talks about me.

Can't tell if it's a blessing or a curse.
>>
File: Despite all my rage.....png (205KB, 301x427px) Image search: [Google]
Despite all my rage.....png
205KB, 301x427px
>>53235274
Nic Cage?
>>
>>53233760
>This is a bad pitch. Advertisements don't go "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH NUMBERS" for three hours.

This is where your entire train of thought goes off the rails, because a "pitch" is different from an "advertisement".

An ad is a 5 second spiel for Johnny Bumblefuck, the ADD toddler, sitting on their couch at home. Someone who likely has no knowledge of the thing, and has even less reason to care.

Whereas a pitch is longer, provides a summary of the subject, answers the who, what, when, why, and how of the subject, and is made to someone who has knowledge of the topic/a reason to care. What you send to the GM is a pitch, not an advertisement.

>Why would I reveal the depth of my character before we even did a Session 0? If you want more, PM me.

Because I'm the GM, you're trying to convince me you're worth playing with, and I have 30+ apps to evaluate in a finite amount of time. Forcing me to pause, PM you, and then wait for a response because "muh metagaming" tells me you don't respect my time, and don't trust fellow players to have any integrity.

>Nobody will give a shit about my character

That is objectively wrong, and one need only lurk in /pfg/ for evidence of that fact.

>In fact if you want all his stuff, right now, you're taking away the roleplay arc planned for the game and all that's left is powergaming.

Wait, wait, let me get this straight. In your mind, the only aspect of roleplaying a character is their backstory? They can't change/develop based on the party? They can't react to unexpected challenges? They can't move in a different direction based on outside factors? What the fuck?

>unrealistic expectations on his ability to control his subconscious.
I think you're failing to understand that there's a separation between player and character.
>>
>>53235274
Despite all your rage, you're still just Nicholas Cage.

Nicholas Cage Barbarian when? He takes Hive Totem in defiance of the bees.
>>
>>53235193
Let's take a look around, Anon.

There's one game here where the possible characters have not even been picked and yet everyone's making character development arcs, pairing them with each other and talking about "memes" (protip: I don't think you guys understand what a meme is).

The roleplay is already done for, people are just waiting for them to enter the room and say "BAZINGA it's ME". And then you call that roleplay? Excuse me but no.
>>
File: salem6.gif (951KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
salem6.gif
951KB, 500x375px
>>53235226
>being this nitpicky over a filename for a silly image
>>
>>53235308
>Whereas a pitch is longer, provides a summary of the subject, answers the who, what, when, why, and how of the subject
You can do that in four sentences if you're a good writer.

>Because I'm the GM, you're trying to convince me you're worth playing with, and I have 30+ apps to evaluate in a finite amount of time
And somehow you want a wall-long bible of text.

>Wait, wait, let me get this straight. In your mind, the only aspect of roleplaying a character is their backstory?
You know perfectly well that is not what is written.

>I think you're failing to understand that there's a separation between player and character.
I think you're dishonest.
>>
>>53235302
Wait, which book is this from?
>>
>>53235323
>The roleplay is already done for, people are just waiting for them to enter the room and say "BAZINGA it's ME". And then you call that roleplay? Excuse me but no.

OH MY GOD.

You actually think players pay attention to /pfg/'s incessant fanfics? That's fucking hilarious. I had no idea you were *this* autistic.
>>
>>53235358
Curse of the Crimson Throne the villain of Book 2
>>
>>53235323
What game is this?
>>
>>53235227

Fine revised dream meme team:

Priestess pmthem Priscilla
Syra BOSS BITCH bighorn
2 waifu kobalds
2 nic cages

Priscilla ships each cage with a waifu kobald, Syra ships herself with Priscilla in a relationship built around dumped intelligence shared race totally opposite personalities and mutual mindrape.

Good?
>>
>>53235374
See, you're the kind of person not worth talking to, because all you're interested in is starting fights and proving your pseudo-dominance over others. Therefore I have nothing to add.

Also your entire argument is dishonest because you were just taking this as an example of good roleplay and somehow now you backtrack and say we shouldn't pay attention. Well done.

>>53235400
TSS, duh.
>>
>>53235350
>You can do that in four sentences if you're a good writer.

Maybe so, but I've yet to see any author successfully do it. It's always been my opinion that when you're describing something as complex as a person, giving the writing room to breath is a good thing, since it gives you room to show rather than tell.

>And somehow you want a wall-long bible of text.
No, I want a well-rounded and fleshed out character. You just said it was possible to do that in four sentences.

>You know perfectly well that is not what is written.
No, I actually don't. You literally said that if their full backstory is written ahead of time, there's no point in playing the character. I don't know how else I could possibly interpret that. If you meant something else, please elaborate.

>I think you're dishonest.
I think you're mistaking personal belief with objective truth.
>>
>>53234984

I don't know who anyone is in either of those games
>>
>>53235323
Firstly, not all roleplay needs an arc. It's possible to just dick about with character interactions.

Secondly, people can RP in response to EVENTS as well. They aren't just sitting in a whiteroom twiddling their thumbs, they're going on a fucking ADVENTURE.

Thirdly, people can metagame in a GOOD way you know. It's not inherently a bad thing. Say character A has a secret of some kind, and look forward to dealing with that secret being brought to light. Player B knows this, because they've read the character's app, and works with Player A for Character B to unwittingly close in on the secret, or at least make character A respond in some way. If you hide all your fucking secrets and don't tell anyone even out of game, you can't get pissy when nobody discovers them. So you tell people out of game, and COOPERATE.

Lastly, a meme is any behaviour propagated in a nongenetic manner. In this way, talking about people like Amalthea over and over IS a meme, yes.
>>
>>53235443
>Also your entire argument is dishonest because you were just taking this as an example of good roleplay and somehow now you backtrack and say we shouldn't pay attention. Well done.

Huh?

You're claiming that there is no roleplaying going on in games with fleshed out apps, because /pfg/ is going out of their way to write fanfics about that characters.

That is not true. I know for a fact it is not true, which means your entire argument has no legs to stand on.
>>
>>53235311
>hive totem
>not being mooncursed
>not becoming a bear to punch people
>>
>>53235544
>mooncursed
>when beastskin exist

SHIGGY DIGGY
>>
>>53235472
>No, I actually don't. You literally said that if their full backstory is written ahead of time, there's no point in playing the character.

Imagine going to se a movie where you already know who's the villain, what's the girl's big secret, and what's the mysterious past of the hero. Are you sure you're going to pretend for an hour and a half that you don't see the rest coming?

The goal is not to make the players pretend to be parano about the rogue turning evil, it's to make the players directly be parano about the rogue.

>>53235510
Whatever floats your boat Anon, I'm done trying to explain.

>>53235506
>talking about people like Amalthea over and over IS a meme, yes.
Cue wishful thinking from some people to make everything they like a popular meme. It's probably something like three anons, always the same, that talk about that one ERP character. That doesn't make it a meme. It has yet to do anything to exist on its own as a representation of a certain injoke, or behaviour.

And as far as I give a shit, it's some fat fetish erotic character.

How is that a meme. How is that even original.

>Thirdly, people can metagame in a GOOD way you know. It's not inherently a bad thing. Say character A has a secret of some kind, and look forward to dealing with that secret being brought to light. Player B knows this, because they've read the character's app, and works with Player A for Character B to unwittingly close in on the secret, or at least make character A respond in some way.
It is really clumsy and fabricated, Anon, that is like an arranged marriage. You are entirely allowed to drop hints in character, in fact that's what you should do to roleplay; and those are the hooks others can take or ignore.

Why tell out of game? Why not IN the game? That's what the game is meant for. Oh, doesn't anyone find it weird they never saw Totally Aguy remove his coat? What's with his monthly mood swings anyway?
>>
>>53235484
Are you in any pfg games at all?
>>
Which is your favorite Mighty Quest application? It started slow but now it seems like its picking up. Lots of furries but my favorites might be the Agathian and the asian psion followed by the catgirls
>>
>>53235670
>Oh, doesn't anyone find it weird they never saw Totally Aguy remove his coat? What's with his monthly mood swings anyway?

You so vastly overestimate the attention span of players it's not even funny.
Players don't even pick up hints like that from the GM half the time, what makes you think they'll give more than five seconds of thought to a PC doing it?
>>
>>53235670
>Imagine going to se a movie where you already know who's the villain, what's the girl's big secret, and what's the mysterious past of the hero. Are you sure you're going to pretend for an hour and a half that you don't see the rest coming?
Yes, I can enjoy rewatching movies. Most people can.
>>
File: sparlock-the-warrior-wizard.jpg (15KB, 637x351px) Image search: [Google]
sparlock-the-warrior-wizard.jpg
15KB, 637x351px
What's the best gestalt for a wizard warrior?

Wizard/Warder?
>>
>>53235720
I personally like the Aasimar even if she is a dog and Yamanagi. Just because Oni are cute!
>>
>>53234951
Please give me some advice Anon!
>>
>>53235726
Except you don't necessarily know the villain.

And roleplaying is COLLABORATIVE STORYTELLING. It's cool if you wanna have secrets, but keeping them from the other members of your party makes it hard to collaborate. It's harder to work towards conclusions that people want or think would be good when nobody knows what the fuck is going on at all.

And as for fabricated, what do you mean? That people had an idea where they wanted to take things? I guess that makes all written books boring and fabricated.
>>
>>53235724
>>53235670
I mean, fuck. This isn't even the players not having an attention span, it's them not being autistic.

My PC wears a scarf all the time. I don't think they've ever taken it off on screen in front of the other PCs. They just like their scarf.
None of the PCs ever stop to consider whether there's a horrible curse mark or incriminating tattoo or something on their neck.
Because if you're the type of guy who would get suspicious of someone wearing a scarf all the time, you'll be turning over every single rock in your path and spending hours of every session jumping at shadows.

Unless you're expecting the player to constantly go 'BY THE WAY I'M WEARING A SCARF AGAIN' every scene to tip the others off properly.
>>
>>53235724
You can ask help from the GM. Also, if they're good roleplayers, they will.

>>53235726
I don't tend to rewatch movies I haven't even seen yet.
>>
How do I properly represent a martial who has made a Faustian bargain and is trying to get out of it?
>>
>>53235806
Steelbound Fighter? A medium that regularly channels the Champion spirit?
>>
>>53235734
I know where that picture is from and it causes me a not-insignificant amount of embarrassment.
>>
>>53235823

Dare I ask?
>>
>>53235804
>You should drop all your hints in game organically
>But the others won't pick it up-
>I guess you should OOC ask the GM to help it along

Jesus christ.
>>
>>53235800
>Because if you're the type of guy who would get suspicious of someone wearing a scarf all the time, you'll be turning over every single rock in your path and spending hours of every session jumping at shadows.
Or maybe you just care.

Because that's exactly what I'd do.

We get five minutes alone with nothing to do:

"-Hey, Edgyguy, where did you get your scarf?
-Why do you ask?
- You never take it off
- You see demons blah blah tattoo, village, mom, blah.
- Ok you know what nevermind"
>>
>>53235762
That custom race Ryuu app is pretty good too though.
>>
>>53235670
It does so suck when the others ignore that stuff ingame and then tell you you're not roleplaying because you haven't instead explained your secrets without ever mentioning them in character on the ooc chat in discord.

Makes one want to see things burn. People things.
>>
>>53235842
A YHVH Witness educational movie about the horrors of bonding with other children through the medium of fantasy and prestige classes.
>>
>>53235860
Nice contribution.

>>53235870
I imagine it.

"GUYS WHO WANTS TO DISCOVER MY CHARACTER RAPES BOYS"
"ME ME ME"
>>
>>53235842
All I'll say is that the HQ for Jehovah's Witnesses means well, but in my opinion we're waaaay too focused on the potential "harmful effects" of fictional media on our minds as opposed to teaching each other how to separate fiction from reality and understand where the boundaries lie.
>>
File: phead.jpg (575KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
phead.jpg
575KB, 1920x1080px
>>53235861
>tfw you're jealous of the interparty banter of the newer Tales games because your group will never roleplay to even a tenth of that extent
>>
I want to make an app for TSS, and his motivation for joining the party is that he must RETURN THE SLAB
>>
>>53235861
>Always ask another PC why they do something that your PC finds odd
>"Hey tell me why you can do that magic thing"
>"Hey why do you have that accent"
>"Hey why are you so good at spellcraft"
>"Hey tell me about your pendant"
>"And your bracelet"
>"And why you don't like spiders"
>"And don't like hot weather"

That's autism, anon.
>>
>>53235895
That more or less IS what we've gotten instead of any roleplaying yes.

At least if it was in character someone could be going

>No no! I'm becoming one with their soul! See, he's becoming like my character!
>Jesus Christ, Charlie, what the fuck?
>>
>>53235670
>Imagine going to se a movie where you already know who's the villain, what's the girl's big secret, and what's the mysterious past of the hero. Are you sure you're going to pretend for an hour and a half that you don't see the rest coming?

Have you ever actually played a tabletop game before? Like, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm legitimately curious, because your argument doesn't conform to any reality with which I'm familiar.

In any kind of RPG, a character's backstory is their prologue, it's not "spoiling" the ending, because the only one who know what's coming is the GM. A backstory tells us what's shaped the character, and what direction they're going in initially. Events can still change how a character acts or what direction they're going in.
>>
>>53235919
What happens if he doesn't?
>>
>>53235484

Yes
>>
>>53235919
and he's got a sublight amplification buoy why?
>>
>>53235937
This sounds about right. It's as if >>53235670 was raised off hack JRPGs where 80% of character development is revealing shocking secrets from their backstory rather than making them actually grow and change.
>>
>>53235734
Spellslinger Wizard | Hawkguard Warder

MAGIC GUN
>>
>>53235919

>Return the Slab

That's Mummy's Mask, not Serpent's Skull.
>>
File: 048FoamFinger.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
048FoamFinger.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>53236012
>MAGIC GUN

BANG BANG
>>
>>53235433
>A classic battle of good vs evil as Priscilla tries to force Syra to be a good person while Syra tries to force Priscilla to be her sucktard.
>Depending on who's rolling better willsaves lately, the party alternates between cute romcom and Syra-centric orgy.

I'd watch it.
>>
>>53236097
>>53235433

Why are we all ignoring the fact Syra and Priscilla would be getting enormous quantities of native dick in this situation?
>>
>>53235905
>jealous
>of a memefest ERP
Eheh. Weebposters.

>>53235922
No that's... Characters meeting each other. You know?

Or maybe you don't. Are you used to play a party of mutes who just somehow meet at a tavern and tacitly decide to go save the world together without even asking so much as each other's name and what they can do?

>>53235935
"By the way, XxPowergamer1998xX, I'm gonna play a secretly evil rogue that will sacrifice you to Asmodeus"
"lol k"

>>53235937
I have and our characters got to know each other at the same time as we did. First session: "oh, you're a wizard?! That's cool as shit!". Second session: "oh, your village got eaten by bandits too?". Third session: "wow how do you know this lockpick trick". Fourth session: "WTF YOU SAID YOU HATED BANDITS AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN A FUCKING WIZARD". Fifth session: "oh, so, this happened to you, now I understand why you became a bandito".

Turns out redeemed banditos don't like flaunting around they're ex-banditos, but they can make alright buds if you get to know them.

>>53235987
>some guy has different opinions of what is good roleplaying therefore he's a manchild and I'm great
Literally, dude, you're being cancer right now.
>>
>>53236196
>Turns out redeemed banditos don't like flaunting around they're ex-banditos, but they can make alright buds if you get to know them.

And how would knowing OOC they were a bandit before hand have changed any of that?
>>
>>53235433
Merlynn invites her man to hold hands as they sleep on her treasure hoard.
>>
>>53236196
>Literally, dude, you're being cancer right now.

You're saying everyone who doesn't agree with you is having BadWrongFun, and then crying when you're called out on it.

Fuck off newfag.
>>
Is the Warshifter archetype for SoP Shifter any good?
>>
>>53236229
It would have made it enjoyable.

>>53236262
Listen here, fagget. You might just be fresh out of school, but before you came sperging, we were talking about the applications, people asked each other's opinion on whether or not people were snowflakey, I gave mine, a bunch of anons agreed with it, a bunch didn't, and the world didn't stop turning. This is why we're talking about opinions. Maybe if you did what you preached about reading shit none of this would have happened and you wouldn't have made a pathetic ass out of yourself.
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>53236121

>Female PCs
>Belonging to anyone other than the male PCs

Woe betide all ye who conjure up the notion of a woman character aiming for an NPC.
>>
>>53236360
Give me some context to this, which App is mr assblasted again?
>>
I have an idea for an evil character. It's a bit generic; he's been wronged and in an attempt to get revenge he finds it acceptable to wrong others the way he himself has been. He feels the ends justify the means and tells himself it's about more than just revenge, even if he is creating more of people like himself, becoming that what he has hated.

I would like to see how this story would go. Could my party members become my friends, and convince me not to continue down my path? Will I defeat this evil and become content, or look for a new evil to use as an excuse for my cruelty? Will I face my demons and learn find they too had a reason they felt the ends justified the means? Will I sacrifice myself to save another, and pass down my oath of vengeance to another? Or will I die in a ditch, another wretched soul unable to rest in peace?

If someone builds a character that cannot grow during an adventure, they are not really a good character.
>>
>>53236346
You have Broken Blade and Primal Fury, which means you're set, so long as you're smart with your action economy (you can't shapeshift as a move action). Pick up as many natural attacks as you can (your attacks automatically gain various forms of typed DR bypassing) and go to town. Losing Quick Transformation and all bestial traits hurts, but maneuvers can make up for it
>>
>>53236360
>Listen here, fagget. You might just be fresh out of school but I have 300 hundred confirmed kills in...

Obby, is this going to be the our navy seal copypasta?

Seriously, Assblastio the Magnificent, if you're gonna show up solely for the purpose of shitting on other people's fun, expect some goddamn pushback. And no, there were not "a bunch of anons" agreeing with you, you are alone in this.
>>
New Thread
>>53236474
>>53236474
>>53236474
>>53236474
>>53236474
>>53236474
>>
>>53236389
You know you have a point. Maybe he's pissy because I didn't like his special little backstory.
>>
>>53236360
>It would have made it enjoyable.

Eheheheh.
>>
>>53236483
Whose is it again?
>>
>>53236471
>show up
>you're the one showing up to a conversation anon
>you're the one being pushed back against
>god fucking dammit have I rarely seen an autist your caliber

>you are alone in this
>>53232514
>>53232522
>>53232542
>>
>>53236501
Well, why would they tell... I just commented on the Ironfang campaign, here is my post.

>>53232471
I think they got mad the moment I explained how I could just use what I read about the character to brush over his actual in-game exposition.
>>
>>53236515
>>>53232514
>>>53232522
>>>53232542

>All posts liking the summary
>No posts agreeing with your "BACK STORIES RUIN FUN" point
>Posting unrelated information to seem like you're popular.

Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>53236121
>>53236121
Would they? Syra doesnt want dick, she wants to dick. Prissy is probably not very sexually inclined.

Unless you mean, by force?

>Captured because of infighting and confusion.
>Eventually break free because there are 4 other people in the party who didnt dump int and can do more than mindrape.
>Syra seeks revenge through rape.
>Prissy seeks responsibility be taken through marriage.
>One day and every single spellpoint later, the party is now a traveling village that alternates between one big wholesome family and a, bigger now, Syra-centric orgy
>>
>>53236477
>page 7
Actually, why do I even bother anymore. nierthe faggots will actually listen, and people will still move no matter what
>>
>>53233895
Shoanti are more interesting
>>
>>53236562
Claim:
>No posts agreeing with your "BACK STORIES RUIN FUN" point

>>53235870
>>53233839
>>
>>53236620
I want a Shoanti waifu!
>>
>>53236515
muhfugga I just liked the short shitpost summaries because they're funny, you've gone full autissimo on that shit and shot your own foot
>>
Anyone know where I can get volumes 5 and 6 of the Hell's Vengeance AP for free?
>>
>>53236556
Probably the most long winded special snowflake PC with potential for a SECRET REVEAL
>>
>>53236683
>I just liked the short shitpost summaries because they're funny
So you just, like, admit you're manchild? Like, just like that. Not even gonna defend yourself or anything?

Wow...
>>
>>53236699
which fucking one, there's at least half a dozen per meme game
>>
>>53236717
I don't care about the quality of apps for a game that I have no intention of joining, yes. Do you want me to not be amused when someone shitposts with their knee-jerk reaction to a bunch of applications?
>>
>>53236724
As of this time there are only 4 apps in ironfang so its just a matter of dissecting his typing style.
>>
>>53236749
Oh my god that's amazing. And YOU say I shoot myself in the foot.

>>53236724
>>53236787
I don't think we should be doing this.
>>
>>53236662

From the top link:
>It does so suck when the others ignore that stuff in game and then tell you you're not roleplaying because you haven't instead explained your secrets

Not agreeing with your point, just someone bitching about bad roleplayers in general.

From the Bottom link:
>I also agree that the way you make a character have depth is seeking out ways to inject their backstory (such as it is) into the campaign itself.

Not actually supporting your point either, simply reiterating that you need to do shit in-game too.

Jesus christ Assblastio, you really need to dial down your autisic screeching. It's okay to admit you're wrong!
>>
>>53236842
>hey man that thing you did was funny
>WOW WHAT A MANCHILD YOU ENJOYED SOMETHING

I think you need to get a drink and sit down anon, you're way too worked up
>>
>>53236872
>>53236904
kek

The amount of names you're throwing.

>I'M NOT MAD, ASSBLASTION
See ya, I hope not.
>>
>>53236196
More like
>Okay yeah, like, next game you guys know my character once fought a dragon
>Okay my character'll think that's pretty cool
*and it is never spoken of again*

>Yeah my character comes from there
>So, you'd at least know what the place is like, so we'll follow you to the inn then?
>dude no I'm not putting points into knowledge local, we'll just ask around like every other town
>didn't you say your parents lived here?
>yeah they're like somewhere. you guys met them.
>I... what? No we didn't
>Yeah I said that like four sessions ago you guys met my parents
>When? This is our first time here
>Fuck man it's not my fault you don't pay attention

>"Hey guys, this is my brother, and these are my two nephews I told you about on the way here"
>"Can we roll to gather information?"
>"GM you said we had a FIVE % discount on the shops?"
>"Hey are we rolling initiative if the three things there on the map are attacking? I'm refreshing my mage armor before we start I did that already okay?"
*an hour later*
>"C_ never actually wants to talk in-character it sucks"
>>
>>53237069
I M M E R S I O N

I genuinely want to read the storytimes about this.
>>
>>53236694
You should be able to find them in the trove.
Thread posts: 393
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.