[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 41

Previous Thread
>>53188490

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
What deck/s do you not know how to build?
>>
>>53208000
Everytime i build a deck that can win its considered oppressive, every time i build a weaker deck it doesnt have enough answers. Basically Idk how to make a fair deck.
>>
Fuck Sheldon.
>>
>>53208000
>What deck/s do you not know how to build?
Boros. How the fuck are you supposed to beat removal in a 4 or 5 player game?
>>
>>53208150
flash and redirects.
>>
>>53208214
It just seems like all of Boros's tricks are so situational. Seems like every time I leave mana open for Boros Charm, I get blown out by exile/sac effects, every time I hold mana open for Wild Richochet, I get blown out by board wipes, and every time I hold mana open for Deflecting Palm. I get blown out by tokens.

I know Sunforger is pretty great, but everything else seems so situational at best.
>>
>>53208297
>>53208150
This. I've tried to build Boros like 10 times and I don't understand how it works. I get hit stuff with big stuff. I get mana rocks to shit out mana. How do I draw cards? How do I recursion? How do I do literally anything. I run a feldon deck and it's both fantastic and incredibly simple; loot, feldon, then smash face until I can hardcast my fatties. The closest I got to boroswas nu-avacyn voltron and indestructible tribal, but I made felon Out of that deck and a pile of rakdos discard.

I also can't build rakdos. I tried my hardest but I just can't figure it out.
>>
>>53208000

Feldon had a hard life. Also, those buttons on his clothes look like eyes. Creepy.
>>
File: rebd.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
rebd.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
he obviously sucks, but i want to make the best malfegor deck possible. what sort of build should i go with, and what cards would go into the absolute best malfegor deck?
>>
>>53208410
Lots of Hellbent stuff I assume.
>>
You didn't name the general OP. If you're make a new thread then do it right.
>>
>>53208441
2/10 fucks given. Funny, but not a big deal.
>>
>>53208382
>>53208382
Do you have daretti, new chandra and both nahiris? Your white cards will get you a relatively good early game and your red cards all have to function as control. It also helps to have a meta that tries to win with big sorceries like rite of replication or with huge alpha stikes like prossh. Also i cant remember the name of it but that enchantment that lets you exile your plains out of the library is also a good way to get good card advantage. Also as a final thought you really have to get that sunforger or a good lockdown card out asap, its better if its bloodmoon but it has to be something even if its just ghostly prison.
>>
>>53208604
Oh fuck I forgot, you gotta play reb, pyroblast and lapse of certainty
>>
>>53208604
endless horizons is awful if it ever gets removed. I prefer land tax. T1 land tax is the best thing ever.
>>
>>53208000
>Thread Question
Mono colour decks. Each colour lacks a vital skill, meaning I am left wanting when surrounded by 2+ colour decks. Doesn't help that I'm a massive Timmy, so I'm not great at building competitively too.
>>
>>53208904
It is really bad to get it removed, but thats why you have to always present a fork. Play boros like you would play monoblue and it you will get better results. Also kalemne the facesitter is a reasonable clock, I enjoy my avacyn deck but if you want to be competetive and play boros you gotta get kalemne. I had a game where I balled out with a turn 1 serra ascendant a t2 bloodmoon and won by turn 7 with an elesh norn. I was able to lock everyone out because their non basics were fucked and everyone had a -3/-3 anthem while my dudes were +5/+5 indestructible flying lifelinking vigilant doublestrikers.
>>
>>53208063
Just fucking win the game. Ignore the fucks who say its oppressive, let'em step up their game.
>>
>>53209110
9/10 times I'd agree with you but Im pretty much the primary warping force of our meta, which while its fun for me was getting oppressive as fuck for some people who have been playing magic since before mirrodin. I still win often enough but people were starting to build decks that were built just to stop me instead of winning, which just resulted in everyone having a bad time.
>>
>>53208382
Go solider tribal with Tajic. It's not really boros though as 90% of soldiers and solider payoff cards are white but having an indestructible beatstick in the command zone is worth splashing red.
>>
You guys have any advice to build a not too degenerate but no too shitty Zur deck?
>>
>>53208063
i'm in the same boat, hence
>>53208410
it feels icky building a 75% deck because i'm leaving out powerful and fun cards that i own and would really like to be playing. i'm hoping that a 100% malfegor build will be on the level of my playgroup.
>>
>>53209284
Well, in my meta I was the warping force but everyone just decided to step up, so it ended up being positive in a way.
>>
>>53209307
Don't.
>>
>>53209307
define "not too degenerate"
>>
>>53209307
make sure to triple-sleeve the deck in giant card protectors so that it takes extra long to shuffle. run every fetchland and tutor you can. try to get to the point where you're shuffling your deck 4-5 times on every player's turn.
>>
File: sleevies.jpg (256KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sleevies.jpg
256KB, 960x1280px
>>53209513
this is your goal.
>>
>>53209368
I was trying to respond to a other players attempt to getting the playgroup to step up the meta, it has unfortunately backfired and left me as the only one ramping up and getting more powerful cards. If the scenario was different I'd be cool with it but instead I just became that guy.
>>
>>53209549
Dunno man, I usually would think that evolving in playstyle is what should happen, sure keeping a casual deck in hand is good, but how long have you guys been playing? A year or two? if longer, honestly I still can't see how people didn't try and make the game more competitive.
>>
Is there a way to properly Praetor's Grasp on Cockatrice?
>>
>>53209542
jesus fucking christ what the fuck?
>>
>>53209542
I really want to know how that's shuffled
>>
File: 230582308502830582305.png (191KB, 389x412px) Image search: [Google]
230582308502830582305.png
191KB, 389x412px
>Tfw the table lets you get Snake Umbra on Borborgymos with Abundance on the field.
>>
>>53209580
Ive been playing for a few years but my playgroup is a bunch of oldgaurds who just wanted to enjoy edh. Unfortunately for them I cracked a fow, a mox opal, wastelands, all the good tutors and a bunch of other vintage level cards. My very first box had a jace and a foil days undoing in it. Ive basically retired 3 edh decks for being too dumb and I currently have 6 decks with two of those decks undergoing heavy maintinence. One for being too strong and the other is still being finalized.
>>
>>53209590
Not really, nope. They'd have to somehow give you control over their entire library, you pick a card from it and keep it face-down, then give them their entire library back.
>>
>>53209580
>>53209818
Depends how much money the group is comfortable spending. My group generally just plays old cards or stuff we get doing home drafts except for the one guy who we got into mtg but now netdecks everything and drops a bunch of cash and frequents the lgs. 60 Card decks I have optimized do fine against him but his edh decks are all expensive and obnoxious while I'm running pretty much a cobbled together Rashmi deck that would take over 100 to optimize
>>
>>53210008
Fuck. I have an Iona to steal but I want to do it all stealth.
>>
So do I buy cards online only?

no store has even half of any deck
>>
>>53210278
Never buy offline dude.
>>
>>53210028
>60 card
>netdecks
Maybe you shouldn't play arbitrary casual shit if you aren't fine with people bringing whatever they want.
>>
>>53209542
If you can't shuffle this with just your two hands unassisted then you have little baby-man hands.
>>
What is a good first commander to build? I'm looking for cheap casting cost and aggro. I was looking at Alesha, any other suggestions?
>>
>>53210558
alesha is usually better built as aristocrats/combo as she only brings back smaller things. give mayael a try
>>
>>53210574
Ok cool, i'll check out mayeal
>>
Good commander to just play fatties and bash? I realized that I have control decks, voltron decks, and all kinds of shit but no good old fashioned "here are creatures and i will hit you with them" decks.
>>
>>53210639
i'm a big fan of xenagos for that. makes your dudes hastey AND huge. nothing like dropping atarka and immediately swinging for 24
>>
>>53210639
See
>>53210589
Mayeal is a great general for that stuff. You get a lot great options for fatties to cheat out.
>>
>>53210656
>>53210706
Xenagos looks hard to pass up. I realize he's not cheating them in but damn is that stompy. Ruric thar is up there too
>>
>>53210770

just put ruric thar in your xenagod deck and smash for 12 when he comes into play
>>
>>53210639
Omnath locus of rage, Its hard to fight against 5/5s that explode.
>>
>>53208000
I can't build outside of aggro. I'm a huge shitter and prefer for tribal to lay the ground work for what I'm doing and for keeping synergy tight. Conbos are far above me and just blow me away when you guys figure them out. Decks that are extremely creature light, like jeskai stax, I dunno how you guys get a win without creatures, it's beyond me. Just one huge fireball? All my friends play aggro creature heavy too, so you're worlds away
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
>build UR deck
>the premise is that I shit out a bunch of token generators that activate upon casting an instant or sorcery (like young pyro or talrand)
>play against friends
>become public enemy number one

Feels... mixed man.
>>
>>53211015
But you like it though? Drop in Propaganda and whatever, let them attack you. Do something with Grapeshot, and Curiosity + Niv and kill everyone every game
>>
>>53210639
rakdos is pretty gnarly with some big ass eldrazis.
>>53210656
xenagos is good for some wild hits and with green you can ramp for some big ass beasties in an earlier round.
>>
>>53211015
Have you tested the other izzet commanders over her? I've always wanted to build izzet spells linger but not sure who I want at the helm
>>
>>53211086
You can try Mizzix but I like Jori En because of her consistent card draw early game. Getting cards is pretty important and setting up the necessary creatures/enchantments (metallurgic summonings) to go off is vital to the success of the deck.

>>53211033
Hell yeah. They figured out that I'm fairly weak to board wipes even with counters in hand, and have also become used to identifying the main threats in my deck so that removal is simpler.

It just took a little for them to adapt, but it's still a beast to take down.
>>
>>53211015
mizzix walkers is better
>>
>>53211175
That's like an entirely different deck though. It might not be as fun.
>>
So my lgs has 2-4 copies of each of the commander 2016 precons, for 35$ a pop.
I feel like that's low, can I make money off of this somehow?
>>
>>53211216
Easily. The Atraxa precon is going for much higher on the market.
>>
>>53211259
Should I just eBay them? Open and sell them as singles?
>>
>>53211192
Mizzix walkers is great, flashing out a jace, teferi or ral zarek with flash and then main phasing a deepglow skate into an ultimate just feels right.
>>
>>53211143
Got a list?
>>
>>53211015
Got a list? I run Jori En with the same strategy.

I was thinking of swapping to Shu Yun just just so I could run Monastery Mentor and swap some counterspells out for more token support.
>>
>>53210639
Silvos, Rogue Elemental Devotion. The pinnacle of plain old fashioned facesmashery.
>>
Is there a way to not make a broken Meren of Clan Nel Toth? A guy at my LGS has a cutthroat Meren deck and it's insane how fast he can clear a field with recurring fleshbag and tear up hands with mindslicer..
>>
>>53211488
Use bad cards.
>>
>>53211488
She falls really easily to hate.
>>
>>53211488
play vanilla creatures
>>
>>53211488
That sounds just like a build made for pure value and nothing else, not really that cutthroat in my opinion. Real cutthroat Meren builds run stax and turn 3 combos like Mike+Trike or Mike+Phyrexian Devourer+Necrotic Ooze with Buried Alive to tutor them up.
>>
>>53211869
Whoops, typo, i meant Trike+Devourer+Ooze
>>
I just came back to MTG:O after a long break and found all my commander decks weren't legal. Apparently stuff like Sol Ring and Mana Crypt are banned in commander? 30 health now too? Is there a list of these changes, I'm having trouble finding them.
>>
>>53211913
Literally Google it. It all goes away in a month. Normal EDH is a unaffected. If you supported MODO you get what you deserve, the client is an abomination and is only allowed to survive in it's current state because tards support it still.
>>
>>53209726
I had basically the same situation with Borborgymos with Snake Umbra AND Keen Sense on him. I just killed everyone else in one turn. It was really boring and tedious and afterwards I took the deck apart and built something new.
>>
>>53208000
> What decks do you not know how to build?

For the life of me I do not know how to build storm, my storm builds just never work.
>>
File: 21.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Taking apart my Karador since it was neither fun to play with nor against and there's now enough regular EDH players at my FLGS that I no longer need a "break glass in case of tryhards" deck. Now I'm considering putting this dude in Roon, but there's not really anything to fetch after he gets my souls sisters, so there's no fun in blinking him.
>>
>>53208063
Take a shitty tier 5 commander and try to make him 100%. It's what I do.
>>
>>53208000
Any monowhite. The best monowhite can manage in my eyes is creating an oppressive army, killing one player and then get completely dunked by a boardwipe leaving you with a near-empty hand. It doesn't help that white's cards are generally super boring to use. "oh boy a tax enchantment" "oh boy a flying goodstuff angel" "oh boy lifegain" it's all super unexciting.
>>
>>53212817
Play thraben inspector, uvenwald mysteries and ongoing investifation. Mite b cool to get all those clues and 1/1 soldiers.
>>
>>53212817
>soul sisters in EDH
Literally why?
There's plenty of actually useful creatures with 1 cmc, like Mother of Runes, Mikaeus, any of the good mana dorks, Protean Hydra, Kytheon (kind of), Devoted Caretaker, Heritage Druid if you play elves, Ivy Elemental or Endless one, Magus of Candlelabra, Planar Guide (really important for any ETB deck), Rhys the Redeemed, Serra Ascendant, Sylvan Safekeeper, Ulvenwald Tracker and Weathered Wayfarer just with a quick search.
There's obviously more, but I just looked through rares and mythics.
>>
File: 1.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>53213041
>Literally why?
Because if you didn't play a blink deck, you still get a bajilionty life off of them in multiplayer. You've obviously never seen them in action.
>>
>>53213075
Sure, but that's assuming everyone plays a bunch of creatures and they're only good for lifegain, which is by itself pretty useless strategy.
You can use it to feed Necropotence or something, but there's way better things to use for that and I'd rather use Suture Priest anyway, even though it's not tutorable by Ranger and costs 1 more, but is infinitely more useful.
That said, it's probably a meta thing and you play in a Timmy meta, but they would be useless in each of my playgroups, and my groups aren't even all that competitive
>>
>>53208000

Can't build a control deck to save my life. UW just isn't my thing.
>>
>>53208382
>>53208297
>>53208150

I've found that Boros requires a tricky bit of politics to pull off properly. I usually don't play my Boros deck (Aurelia at the helm) unless the Prossh Deck and/or the Bruna deck and/or the Skittles deck are also making an appearance. Aurelia is "the Dreaded" in my meta, but when she's up against an Eldrazi Conscripted Bruna or a regular Prossh, sudden all that removal doesn't go flying directly at her, in case someone else needs to eat it.

Deflecting Palm, Comeuppance, and Mirror Strike are godsends. Especially the last one since it redirects the damage as-is rather than prevents it and then the spell itself deals the damage.

Also MLD. You're not gonna wanna hear it, but blowing up lands once you've established a decent board presence is generally your best bet. Just don't be one of those retards that turn fours an Armageddon because you didn't have another play. Those guys are assholes.
>>
>>53213365
I play the sisters because I play karlov and they are the fucking best
>>
>>53213662
With unca Karl Marx mafia man it's fine, since he gets benefit from multiple small triggers. However, this was about Roon, where they are less powerful and less useful overall.
The synergy is there, but it doesn't come even close the synergy with Karlov
>>
>>53213738
Don't forget the sisters trigger From your opponents.

If there's even just one token player, you're already thinking about a massive comfy pillow of life coming your way for the low cost of 1 mana.
>>
>>53213819
Fair enough, although I think I did better with my Neheb Minotaur tribal against 4 storm decks with Oppression and Bloodchief Ascension active
>>
>>53213595
Is it an asshole play to armageddon turn 4 when you have about 8 lands in hand due to land tax?
>>
>>53214014

I'm sure your opponents would think so, but as a Boros player I've done that before to secure the win.
>>
>>53208000
yidris, every iteration of that deck i make is either garbage or gets hated off the table. im thinking about just making it storm
>>
>>53214210
>Yidris
>Not storm

Seriously, what the fuck have you been doing with it that wasn't storm? Did you just try to build as much anti synergy as possible and do lands or voltron or something else equally stupid?
>>
>>53214332
i just dont have any storm cards desu
>>
>>53208410
Hellbent, madness, and making other people discard.
It's definitely doable and may prove to be decent.
>>53210639
As people have stated, Xenagos, Rakdos, and both Omnaths.
I play all of them.
>>
>Have Warstorm Surge out
>Have Vicious Shadows out
>Have a big Hangerback Walker out
>Have Blasphemous Act and Inferno in hand
>Literally one spell from blowing the shit out of both these nerds
>They pass turn
>Fuck yeah I'm going to win.jpg
>Play Blasphemous Act
>Counterspell
>Play Inferno
>Counterspell from the other guy
>Well fuck, oh well I'm still alright, next turn I'll figure it out.
>Pass turn
>Cyclonic Rift
>Wheel of Fortune

Well fuck. Just can't catch a break. There's nothing worse than being insanely close to winning over and over again only to be set back constantly.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-04-17-JPF-jhoira-of-the-ghitu/

thoughts on this deck? anything i could do to really improve it without spending much more money? i want to keep the total under 350 if possible
>>
File: 42.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53208000
You know how legacy Miracles played control with their hand and library? Library control is my favourite concept in the entire game, Scroll Rack, Sensei's Top, Counterbalance, Lantern of Insight, I love it. For a long time I've wanted to make an Arjun deck where you cantrip cycle through your deck, memorize card positions effectively negating the randomness of card draw and digging up anything you need.

I absolutely love the concept of the deck but 1. my memory is not good enough to play it efficiently and 2. the deck tends to be a bit of fancy do-nothing as I've found out the plan has a serious deckbuilding cost to it.
>>
File: maelstr.jpg (4MB, 1843x1917px) Image search: [Google]
maelstr.jpg
4MB, 1843x1917px
Opinions on my new Maelstrom Wanderer? This deck is soo fun to play.

Any broken cards or combos I should be aware of?
>>
>>53214514
Could try coming up with something original for the first time in your entire life that might be the better play I don't know.

Also fucking Training Grounds you idiot.
>>
>>53214545
>Could try coming up with something original

maybe you can give an example
>>
>>53214578
Not him but monoG Selvala Elemental tribal.
>>
>>53214614
ya no im good on that, id rather build a jhoira deck
>>
>>53214539
Honestly fuck you.
>>
>>53214578
If you want to run a land destruction deck that's a bit less overplayed then you could try Akiri mana rocks with just about any partner you enjoy although I like Kydele as she basically is a mana rock in her own right.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/13-05-17-UVr-deck-paste/

There's a deck list, but with your ridiculous budget you could make it a lot gayer, mine costs like $100.

If you want to run a non-gay Jhoira deck load it with every wheel effect and copy effect you can think of and then suspend shit from each resolved copy of wheel effects that comes through. As in;

>Play Wheel of Fortune, copy it 3 times through Mirari, Dual Casting etc.
>You have time in between each resolve to suspend anything from each hand that you don't want to discard, so you go ahead and suspend the other wheels and dragon mage and all that shit, discard all the flashback stuff that you don't mind discarding.
>New 7, repeat
>New 7, repeat

>Eat the time counters off of big shit with paradox haze, time bug, strionic etc.
>End up milling everyone else at the table because you've played/copied out 10 different wheels and you feldon's caned yourself last turn so your whole graveyard is in your deck again.
>>
>wanna buy a budget deck
>dont want to wait 2 weeks

also my first edh deck, what's a good place to buy cards?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-04-17-judge-dredge-copy/

TCG? I'm in the US
>>
>>53214539
>banned cards
Xd
>>
>>53214635
>If you want to run a land destruction deck that's a bit less overplayed

nope, rather play jhoira. thats kinda why i asked about it in the first place instead of another deck
>>
>>53214639
Tcgplayer is usually the only option.
>>
>>53214677
Did you read the rest of my post you colossal faggot
>>
>>53214629
>>53214648

Hey, my friends play with Oloro and Breya and Prossh, it's only fair I want to destroy them in the most degenerate way
>>
>>53214688
i did, i just wanted to address the first part
>>
>>53214539
Sylvan Primordial is banned you goof
>>
>>53214705
>Not playing banned cards and hoping the people you're playing against don't know better.

Fucking scrub desu
>>
>>53214691
I don't care what the fuck you play, use tappedout.
>>
>>53214733
He could just be in a group that house ruled them to not be banned.
>>
>>53214439
"oh my god I totally would've won next turn!!!"
t. every shitty timmy player
>>
>>53214578
How about you try Jhoira without MLD+annihilator? Deckbuilding and playing actually becomes interesting that way
>>
In general for 2-3 color commander decks. Do I play these or shocklands or a mix?
>>
>>53214804
I would run them in a competitive 3c Duel list and that's probably it. Shocks are definitely preferable in EDH.
>>
>>53214804
Should sell them and buy a guitar you faggot
>>
>>53214785
i have plenty of "interesting decks". i WANT to play MLD+annihilator jhoira. i dont understand why this is so complicated for you to grasp. your posts reak of stop liking what i dont like
>>
>>53214844
That was a different person 2bhfam I am the one who gave you the different Jhoira idea and the Akiri MLD deck but that guy just happens to agree that you are being a big time faggot.
>>
>>53214804
shocks are better but id probably throw in 2-3 of the bicycle lands in place of other lands just because late game you dont have to keep them and in the early turns having to wait one turn isnt game breaking in a multiplayer game. just think of how often you dont need to pay the life for a shock land and it can just come in tapped.
>>
>>53214635
>dude do this expensive copy combo that gets blown out by a counterspell
>just assume no one removes your commander
>then spend 2 mana on each of the 21 cards you want to suspend
>also pray to god no one draws removal in any of their wheels

Stop posting.
>>
>>53214863
i am still being a faggot because i dont want to play the game the way you want me to play it? you might want to calm your tism down a little bit bud. i can practically hear you reeeeeeing
>>
>>53214900
You're sperging out anon.
>>
>>53214918
suuuure
>>
>>53214844
If you're gonna build the most generic and obvious version of a commander, just go look up netdecks and primers instead of coming here for advice.
>>
>>53214897
It's a casual deck for casual edh you max tier dweeb. I didn't tell him to build it, I just gave him a more original idea than googled.dec
>>
>>53214963
>netdecks and primers
i dont even know what that means, sorry man i dont take this so seriously that i know all your tism lengo
>>
>>53215004
Please leave and don't come back
>>
>>53215004
>I want to play the gayest deck I can think of but don't take it seriously.

Why
>>
>>53215028
>>53215047
>being this autistic and sperging out over what someone else wants to play

epic, /tg/ at its finest
>>
>Stop being unoriginal and play exactly the way I do!
Jesus Christ this general is something else sometimes.
>>
>>53215098
Why are you asking for advice on the most obvious Jhoira deck anyway?
Unless you want secret tech, just go check edhrec, since that's perfect place for any cookie cutter deck.
>>
I want to play a deck that searches cards like nuts. So a toolbox deck that thins itself for answers to certain situations. I don't want a green deck that pukes out 100 lands in 3 turns, but a toolbox deck that gives me tools all the time. Now I don't want to make it blue cancer control but something for multiplayer.
>>
>>53215193
>Why are you asking for advice on the most obvious Jhoira deck anyway?

to see if TG knows anything i dont or can offer suggestions while keeping it preferably under 250 bucks. i literally said that in my original post.
>>
>>53215200
slivers and sissay spring to mind
>>
>>53215150
>Being this triggered

No one told him to play the way we do, we told him to be original and come up with something that not every faggot plays. He asked us "Like what?" because again, he's an unoriginal dweeb who can't think for himself or come up with original ideas, probably because he spent his entire life on Ritalin and that ensures he has stayed a zombie rather than a free thinker. Which is probably why he voted for Hillary Clinton, but that's all besides the point I guess. You're an enabler of his gay zombified thinking.
>>
>>53215252
>TG
Go back to wherever you came from.
>>
File: typo retard.png (253KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
typo retard.png
253KB, 720x529px
>>53215389
you call me triggered yet you are the one freaking out over me not playing the way you want me to

>>53215391
pic related
>>
>>53215443
Haha that's some funny shit because I was assuming that someone else posted that in agreement with you but it was actually still just you. Talk about triggered!
>>
>>53215485
says the guy who gets mad at others for playing a game differently. quite epic indeed
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 226x311px
So I'm new to magic, and want to try commander sometime, I saw this card and want to make use of it, is it legal for commander? Also where do you take the mana from? I'm guessing your deck. Also is there a blue version of this card?
>>
>>53212955
Incidental lifegain with low opportunity cost that are easy to cut and protect you from a few combos in abzan
>>
>>53215738
WEW
>>
>>53212955
Wrong post my bad, meant to respond to >>53213041
>>
>>53215738
I'm guessing this is bait... Yes, mana doesn't come from anywhere, you just have 3 black mana now, yes, it's called Ancestral Recall and it's banned in commander.
>>
>>53215779

Ok just wanted to check, since it doesnt say anything about decks or stuff on the card, it just says add 3 mana and not where its supposed to come from. I guess this probably also banned then.
>>
File: 331.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
331.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>53215738
Mana =/= land
You can tap lands to produce mana, which is then added to your mana pool. You use the mana from your mana pool to then pay for costs of spells and abilities and unused mana generally empties from your mana pool as you proceed to the next phase of a turn.
This honestly comes up so often with beginners that I'm starting to think screw aesthetics and print the fucking rules text back on basic lands again.
>>
>>53215863
No, Dark Ritual isn't banned. It's fast mana and a good card, but not enough so to be banned.
>>
>>53215252
But there's not much that will bump it that expensive really. Eldrazi titans, which there's two legal ones of and rest of the annihilators cost pretty much nothing and all of the wraths Jhoira wants are literally like 2 dollars at most.
There's literally no thought process. Just don't include mana crypt and mana drain and you'll keep in your target deck value.
>>
Question:
I have Reyhan, Last of Abzan and a creature with 5 +1/+1 counters on it on the battlefield, i play a Mycoloth and devour the creature, does this mean that
a) i get to put those 5 +1/+1 counters on Mycoloth on top of the 2 it would get from devouring it thanks to Reyhan
or
b) Mycoloth can't be target of Reyhan's ability and i have no choice but to put those tokens on Reyhan
I'm not sure because Mycoloth says "as it enters the battlefield" so is it on the battlefield or not when devour resolves?
>>
>>53215738
Baiting straight outta Gatherer.
>>
>>53215863
>>53215738
Just to clarify, mana means something you use to cast spells. You don't get lands. Lands produce mana, like Dark Ritual, but DR is temporary mana.
Keep in mind that land is not the same thing as mana, lands only produce mana, like mana rocks, such as signets, talismans and cluestones.
Mana also disappears from your mana pool whenever you end your turn or switch phases, unless you have old Omnath or Upwelling on the field.
>>
>>53215920
IIRC "as it enters" effects happen while the card is still on the stack and about to resolve.
>>
>>53215920
You can sacrifice him and put the counters on Mycoloth, since the ability of Reyhan isn't put on the stack until Mycoloth has completely resolved, so you don't need a target to be on the field when Reyhan dies, if he dies as result of a spell resolving. This also applies to the x's expertise spells and other spells with multiple separate effects.
>>
>>53211421
>>53211471
I can pull it up, but keep in mind its pretty janky.

Also where should I paste the list?
>>
>>53215995
WRONG

SO WRONG

>>53215920
You can put the counters on. Go nuts.
>>
>>53216121
He isn't wrong though. Card is still on the stack and resolving, but the death trigger of Reyhan isn't put on the stack until Mycoloth has completely resolved.
>>
>tfw love rakdos and golgari but absolutely hate jund
Why is jund so boring /edh/?
>>
>>53216121
>>53216039
Thanks, that makes Mycoloth much better than i thought
>>
>>53216246
Not sure. I'm currently putting together a Timmy-style Jund ramp/good stuff deck (randomly picked Sek'kuar as general just because I had him lying around) and it looks like so much fun that I'm starting to get giddy to play it.
>>
>>53216246
Let's see:
>4 dragons, one is a death wish, other is just there to combo himself, 2 are literaly whos
>Savage Chad
>green manlets, friends of Savage Chad
>autistic orc

rest is pretty much whos, and most of the times the theme is "stuff dies" which is mostly covered by Golgari anyway
>>
File: obnixilis,unshackled.full.jpg (91KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
obnixilis,unshackled.full.jpg
91KB, 240x345px
>>53215200
>I want to play a deck that searches cards like nuts.

please do
>>
>>53216060
tappedout.net
>>
File: Kruphix-God-of-Horizons.jpg (95KB, 634x468px) Image search: [Google]
Kruphix-God-of-Horizons.jpg
95KB, 634x468px
>>53215989
>he forgot about big K
>>
>>53216326
It's nothing special really. Keep in mind that Devour is a replacement effect on how the card enters the battlefield. If it were a triggered ability, it wouldn't work, but Devour would be absolutely shit ability if that were the case, since opponents could counter the spell after you've had sacrificed your creatures.
Be on the lookout for words "as", "instead" and "if" although "if" usually includes "instead" in the sentence as well.
>>
>>53216546
The mana doesn't keep it's type then. Thankfully it doesn't lose characteristics though.
I think there's others as well, but most only let you keep the mana until end of turn, such as with Sakiko and Savage Ventmaw
>>
>>53216692
Wait, characteristics like Boseiju or Hall of the Bandit King stuff? Big if true.
>>
>>53216716
Yeah, that's right. You can use the mana later from Boseiju for a counterspell for example and it can't be countered if so.
>>
>>53216692
You make me want to do stupid shit by stacking Opal Palace.
>>
What are some big, splashy, fun spells and creatures in izzet colors? I wanna build jhoira without it being just eldrazi/turns/mld
>>
File: c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg (228KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg
228KB, 750x450px
Can anyone give me some critique?
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/643796#paper
I'm trying to keep it as low budget as possible, since it's way more satisfying to beat $2k decks with a budget deck. (I pulled the damnation from a pack and its the same thing as wrath so whatever.)

Am I missing anything obvious, or any good synergies/combos?
>>
File: 48.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53217132
Well, most of the fun spells won't turn out that fun if everyone can see them from a mile away.
>>
File: 227.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>53217132
How much do you want the other players to punch you?
>>
>>53217196
Duelist Heritage out, you run only 9 creatures and only like 3 of them are good attackers.
I see that you either want to bash them to death with 1/1 or win with Tyrant or Second Sun.

Stax is semi popular with her. I personally recommend Yahenni, indestructible beatstick and sac outlet in one. There is enough ways for infnite mana to go something like debt of the deathless.

If you can then use tapped out or anything else that also provides statistics like avg mana cost, it' easier to judge then.
>>
File: IMG_1809.jpg (42KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1809.jpg
42KB, 223x310px
Is there anything spicy to do with this?

Kinda just wanna build voltron/spellslinger with her at the helm.
>>
>>53217045
Go ahead, but keep in mind that your commander has to be put on the zone in between, because opal palace tracks number of casts independently, so it doesn't matter much. There's no additional benefits on using multiple opal mana on your commander, unless I'm wrong.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure. If you use 4 colorless opal mana on zegana, assuming that she has died once and you control a single 2 power creature, does she enter with 10 counters?
>>
File: IMG_8192.jpg (727KB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8192.jpg
727KB, 2100x2100px
i want to make a white blue deck
what should i build and how
>>
>>53217694
aaaaaaaaand saved
>>
>>53217320
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/643796
Visual view any better? If not I can dump it in tappedout.
Duelist Heritage is mostly to make my opponents have double strike when attacking each other, but yeah that's probably a solid cut.

Yahenni is one of my favorites, but I feel there's really not enough creatures to sac to make him worth it unless I have Assemble the Legion out, and if I do I have basically already won.

What infinite mana combos are easy enough to use in mardu? I could probably stick a paradox engine in there and make it work well enough for debt since I have a good amount of mana rocks.
>>
>>53217743
better

ashnod's+grave titan (pleb option is myr battlesphere)+ nim deathmantle
>>
>>53208904
Rebuff the Wicked and forks/copy spells.
>>
File: 114.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53217694
Build Skies.
Add Dovescape for extra flavor.
>>
File: 133.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
Why is this 30 bucks?
>>
>>53217694
Gwafa control
>>
>>53217993
one of the guys in my play group plays that guy. its a pretty decent deck honestly
>>
>>53218145
Modern staple.
>>
>>53218145
Huh. One thing I have to say I love about these threads is finding out that random cards I own are worth a decent amount.
>>
>>53218145
cause its a decent land that was only printed once in a set that was barely opened and a box now costs like 700 dollars. just another example of things wizards could fix if they wanted to
>>
>>53218173
Really? With a 5 mana activation cost? Man, I really can't wrap my head around Modern at all.
>>
>>53218145
Its a staple in modern and wizard refuses to reprint cards to make that format affordable
>>
>>53218193
Dodges sorcery speed removal, stays around after you wrath, has a decent body and evasion. Control likes these things.
>>
>>53218193
This: >>53218253
And also you begin activating it once you have enough mana that you have like two interactions ready to use on their turn. Yeah it's durdly but having almost a primary wincon in your landbase is sweet.
>>
>>53218193
Bear in mind that it's effectively 4 mana activation cost for the decks that run it, seeing as it has vigilance so you can tap it for mana in their turn.
>>
>>53217485
Dizzying Gaze + Hidden Stockpile, or any other flying token generator.
Thornbite Staff + Burning Anger
Basilisk Collar + Fireshrieker + Nemesis Mask
Basilisk Collar + Fire Whip / Arcane Teachings / Hypervolt Grasp / Lavamancer's Skill / Viridian Longbow + Thornbite Staff

Play Godo, Bandit Warlord and tutor for Blade of Selves. Equip Blade of Selves to Godo then attack. When the tokens of Godo ETB, you can tutor for 3 equipment (assuming typical 4 player game), letting you fetch the equipment needed for either of the two above combos.

Extra Arms, Heart-Piercer Bow, Livewire Lash and other janky cards that let Garza deal damage indirectly.
Vampire tribal cards, especially Stromkirk Captain and Stensia Masquerade.
Perhaps Grand Melee and other cards that force your opponents into attacking and blocking.
>>
>>53218480
>Hidden Stockpile
wut?
>>
>>53218505
The idea was you use Dizzying Gaze to kill your own token

I forgot Hidden Stockpile was W/B. I thought it was B/U.
>>
File: 1369093134328.gif (2MB, 180x120px) Image search: [Google]
1369093134328.gif
2MB, 180x120px
>cast insurrection
>wipe out 2/3 opponents, leaving the final one all but dead
>xmage crashes
>>
>>53218604
Also Dizzying Gaze pings flyers, last I checked servos don't fly so good.
>>
>>53218665
Then I guess I was wrong twice.
>>
>>53218620
You're a liey liar, [xmage/cockatrice/octgn] is perfect and never ever crashes, there are no awful players, and perfectly simulates paper magic.
>>
>>53218620
>xmage

disgusting
>>
A friend of mine has a bunch of cards I want to trade for but he's a crazy hoarder who keeps every card he owns worth more than $5 in a secret binder he doesn't bring anywhere. Most of these cards haven't been in decks in 5 years or more, but he holds onto them like his life depends on it.

It's not even extra rare cards or anything, just shit like forced fruition and damnation.

Why do people do this?
>>
>>53219171
Better than Cockatrice.
>>
>>53219434
Because he wants to keep his cards. Why do you care, go get them somewhere else.
>>
>>53219434
>A friend of mine has a bunch of cards I want to scam off of him because why wouldn't I just buy the cards online otherwise
FTFY
>>
>>53219506
I play EDH with him all the time, and all of his decks are really basic craw wurm decks because he doesn't want to use any of his special cards. I asked him about it and he says he doesn't want to play them because someone might see them and ask to trade for them.

I dunno man, it just bothers me for some reason.
>>
File: 1488516600268.jpg (52KB, 742x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488516600268.jpg
52KB, 742x720px
>>53219171
What do you prefer? MTGO?
>>
>>53219539
I've been playing magic for a long time, and I've got a huge collection of random odds and ends that I'm never going to use. If I can save a few bucks trading those off for something I want instead of buying it online, of course I'd rather do that.
>>
File: reaps.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
reaps.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
why don't more people play papa reaps? he seems perfect for casual metas. he's the second easiest wubrg commander to cast, he turns cheap, easy to get niche commons into walking vindicates, he's a cool tribal lord, and the his flavor is great. plus he's an artifact. but i've never seen a single person playing him. what's up with that?
>>
>>53219832
>land destruction
>perfect for casual metas
>>
>>53219857
well sure, you might blow up a land if there's nothing relevant on the table by turn 6 and the king dodges all of the removal your opponents are packing, but i don't imagine that's a common scenario.
>>
>>53219985
RITE
OF
REPLICATION
KICKED
>>
>>53219832
Because he as a commander tends to really quickly go from "Fun flavorful commander" to "THINE MERRIMENT CEASES HENCE" when someone kicks down Rite of Replication or a bunch of tokens with conspiracy or the like.
I made a super budget one a few years ago, to play with some more casual friends, and realized that half my games basically were "your opponents don't get lands anymore".
>>
>>53219832
Not enough interesting scarecrow stuff for me at least, imho.
>>
>>53220029
>>53220044
i mean kicked rite of replication is on the level craterhoof behemoth. if you're not winning on the spot you're not playing the card right.
>>
>>53220100
>games should be over on turn 8-9 not including ramp
k
>>
>>53220126
do you have brain damage? no one said that.
>>
>>53220170
Entwined T and N comes out turn 9 without ramp. Turn 5/6 with it.
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Any suggestions on who to use as a partner with thrasios? I'd like to keep the deck to 3 colors and don't want to run just simic. I'd like the deck to have as many combos as I can. Infinite mana/creatures/etc.
>>
>>53219832
*tips fedora*
>>
>>53220209
okay? what's your point
>>
>>53220220
are you saying that neckbeards play reaper king?
>>
>>53220281
yes
>>
>>53220295
why?
>>
>>53220219
>Ludevic
Go with Silas Renn.
>>
>>53220308
seconded. big mana rocks are really good at being half of an infinite mana combo
>>
>>53220304
neckbeards play magic the gathering
reaper king is a card that is available to use in magic the gathering
ergot, neckbeards play reaper king
>>
>>53220258
If you're in mono green you have draw power, tutors, and deck thinning tools. If you can't dig out a Craterhoof /or/ T and N by turn 9 then you need to go back to deck building.
>>
>>53220295
I can't imagine why. He's just a scarecrow which has to do with farmers, and farmers harvest crops. He's on flavor.
>>
>>53220336
>ergot
Is a fungus.
>>
>>53220337
no, i understood that. i just don't get the relevance to the conversation. you were trying to make the point that reaper king is bad for casual metas and then you just started arguing with a spike strawman about how games should last longer.
>>
>>53220336
Nigger do you even Latin?
>>
>>53220403
Just because I took the bait doesn't mean it's not relevant. Go look up the chain of comments, you can figure it out.
>>
File: 1343253463456.jpg (32KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
1343253463456.jpg
32KB, 735x541px
>>53220415
>>53220365
>>
>>53220476
Okay.
Dogs are alive.
Humans are alive.
Ergot humans are dogs.
>>
>>53220500
makes sense to me, if you need me I'll be in my lab
>>
>>53220461
what bait? i asked why people don't play reaper king in casual metas, you made the point that rite of replication kicked makes it too strong for those casual metas. i tried to say that if rite of replication + reaper king is too strong for a playgroup, rite of replication by itself is already too strong for that group (comparison to craterhoof). at this point, you went on your anti-craterhoof tangent.
>>
>>53219491
>>53219569
>using anything else than OCTGN
>>
>>53220219
Not Ludevic, he's awful.
Not Sidar, he's awesome. He doesn't seem to fit the strategy anyway
Play Smug Dimir Man. He's damn good and recurs bunch of good stuff.
>>
>>53217797
Anything that makes 2 or more tokens on entry/exit works - Wurmcoil Engine, Mogg War Marshal/Goblin Marshal/Beetleback Chief if you're in mono-R goblins and/or Purphoros token-spam, Hornet Queen, Breya (which, if you're playing correctly, should have ways to search up artifacts no problem), Regal Caracal, Pia and Kiran, anything with Fabricate [2+], Whirler Rogue... the list is ridiculously long.
>>
>>53220500
>ergot
>t
>>
>>53220615
>OCTGN
>not tabletop simulator
>>
I got this guy for my first adventure into red. I just threw all the assorted red garbage cards I owned into the deck and now I want to actually make it good. Anybody know what should absolutely be in here?
>>
>>53221386
OCTGN does everything well instead of cock or xmage or mtgo that does one thing poorly
>>
>>53214705
Might want to check again XD
>>
>>53221386
>tabletop simulator
>not Play by Post
>>
>>53221469
Might want to off yourself ya goon :)
>>
>>53221515
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/1v1-commander-banned-list

I cannot see Sylvan Primordial on Wizards list of banned cards.
>>
>>53221551
:^)
>>
>>53219546
>too autistic to just tell people that certain cards are not up for trade
>expecting people to ask him to trade cards he's using in his decks
Is your friend both autistic and retarded?
>>
>>53221551
wew
>>
>>53221433
Blood moon goes in every monored deck.
>>
>>53221433
Mana rocks, token generators, double strikes andextra combat steps, "whenever deals combat damage to player"-stuff, haste/menace/can't block and whatnot. Builds itself really. Could also add goblin tribal stuff and/or politics related spells if you want. Goblin tech makes it a bit too aggro-ish for my taste though, I prefer placing focus on mana rocks and stealing.
>>
File: 1489077790349.jpg (37KB, 293x209px) Image search: [Google]
1489077790349.jpg
37KB, 293x209px
I'm almost done building my Yidris deck.

Dubs decide my next commander
>>
>>53220219

Get Kraum

Really Underrated Commander. Flying Haste and draws you cards.

Play Voltron, go infinite, draw everything you need with Thrasios and make a big fat Kraum.
>>
>>53222586
Haakon
>>
>>53222586
Atogatog get
>>
File: toby fox.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
toby fox.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53222586
>>
>>53222586

Thromok
>>
File: Image[1].png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].png
130KB, 223x311px
If I'm playing suicide selenia, and I'm at 2 life, can I use her ability to put me to 0?
>>
>>53222719
yes
>>
>>53222586
Glissa the Traitor
>>
>>53222719
Yes... You just die.
>>
>>53222586
Yahenni
>>
>>53222586
Trips for sell off you decks and become a family man.
>>
>>53222752
Unless he's playing Phyrexian Unlife.
>>
>>53222586
black braids so you can spend all your time convincing playgroups to unban her
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53222752
Trust your angelfu, and you shall have life eternal.
>>
>>53222813
>damage is life loss

HOH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN.
>>
>>53222820
you go to 0, but you don't die until you end your turn
>>
>>53222586
Flash/Hulk Mimeoplasm.
>>
>>53222586
Triad of fates.
>>
>>53222586
Nath
>>
File: tmp_8298-57629101074.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8298-57629101074.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>53221433
Embrace fully all of reds power. Magus of the moon, new chandra, pyromancers goggles and volt charge are all available to you. Play old daretti, overmaster, krenko, goblin matron, outpost seige, and bonefire of the damned, and fall of the titans because they are always fun. Also an ensaring bridge and a null brooch are secret red tech that will really make them lose their calm and the game.
>>
File: bonefire.jpg (184KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
bonefire.jpg
184KB, 1300x1300px
>>53223046
>bonefire
>>
File: 1483845868107.jpg (121KB, 665x371px) Image search: [Google]
1483845868107.jpg
121KB, 665x371px
>>53222586
Mizzix Dragonstorm.
>>
>>53222586
Omnath locus of rage elemental tribal.
>>
>>53222586
Isamaru, Hound of Konda
>>
>>53222586
Karona 5c Dominaria Tribal
>>
>>53222586
Cromat, mono white.
>>
>>53223144
DING DING DING
We have a winrar
>>
File: 1492024845337.jpg (27KB, 459x465px) Image search: [Google]
1492024845337.jpg
27KB, 459x465px
>>53223144
>>
>>53223144
Have fun with that mana base.
>>
>>53223069
I realize what I did but, i realize now it would be better as a bonefire
>>
Are Timmy Spike and Johnny a rock papers scissors analogy?
>>
>>53223459
Nope. Far from it.
>>
>>53223459
No, a better rock-paper-scissors analogy would be aggro, combo, and control. Every other deck is a variation of those archetypes, but for the most part:
Aggro > control > combo > aggro
>>
How does a Johnny go about staying competitive enough to play with his gay ass unoriginal boring Spike and Timmy friends without compromising his Johnny ways
>>
>>53223459
No, because in a match Spike will always win. Timmy/Johnny/Spike are personalities. Timmy plays big cards, Johnny plays interesting cards, Spike plays good cards. A good example with EDH relevance is Temur. Spike would be most likely to play Animar. Johnny might play Animar as well, but is just as likely to play Riku or Intet instead, as they interact in novel ways with other cards. Timmy isn't a fan of either of those, while Surrak Dragonclaw, a single impactful creature, draws his attention.
>>
>>53223530
Captain Sisay with all the coolest green/white legendaries you can find.
>>
>>53223599
Sounds too expensive.
>>
>>53223612
Yisan Green Goodstuff.
>>
>>53223640
There's no such thing as a Johnny goodstuff.
>>
>>53223577
Timmy and Johnny cab also be attracted to good cards as long as they fit their view of "fun", while Spike will play good cards regardless of flavor.
>>
>>53223671
There is when your goodstuff leads to combos. Dirty Mike is a goodstuff card that can be Johnny as fuck.
>>
>>53223671
>what are Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Terastodon
>>
>>53223695
Why do I consider myself a Johnny yet despise combos and consider them Spike as fuck? I'm too good to run combos, too UNIQUE AND CREATIVE AND ORIGINAL BRO
>>
File: 1484710948892.jpg (52KB, 708x647px) Image search: [Google]
1484710948892.jpg
52KB, 708x647px
>tfw group arms race forced me to build prossh
cant compete with a thousand dollar niggersar, riku, and feldon deck with mazirek
>>
>>53223725
>Feldon
I've never seen an oppressive Feldon deck. What's he play it as?
>>
>>53223786
LET ME JUST KEEP REPLAYING WURMCOIL ENGINE OR DUPLICANT EVERY FUCKING TURN
i swear he always has just what he needs
if i didn't know him so well i would think he's cheating
>>
>>53223577
What about Maelstrom Wanderer in temur colors? Is he a Timmy Commander because he's a big fuck off creature or is he a Johnny commander because of the interesting ways you can warp mana curves to abuse him (ie 7 drop tribal), or is he a Spike commander because he's a good card?
>>
>>53223888
He can be any of the three. He's most likely to be a Johnny commander, as Spike would likely play Yidris over Wanderer, but he's still a solidly powerful card. Timmy would be attracted to the large body, but Timmy is also slightly turned away by the complicated interactions of Cascade.
>>
>Join cockatrice lobby
>3 way EDH
>One guy is playing Emrakul the promised end commander
>Other guy thinks it's funny to play mana flare and tempt with discovery
>Turn 5 Emrakul for his opponent.

Literally just why even play if you're going to be that retarded
>>
File: 1414390390465.jpg (32KB, 645x444px) Image search: [Google]
1414390390465.jpg
32KB, 645x444px
>>53223725
kill yourself anon. I hope you have a hard time, and continue to have a hard time and get hated off the table every game until you get less tryhard
>>
>>53223725
What's wrong with Prossh?
>>
>>53224085
Why even ask a question that you know is so dumb
>>
>>53224114
>>53224114
>>53224114

New thread.
>>
>>53224016
I'd think that Timmy would be excited by Cascade, but only because it can land him some more flashy bomb creatures rather than for the possible interactions.
>>
>>53224104
What if I'm asking it out of ignorance? How am I supposed to know it's dumb?
>>
I just cannot find the inspiration for a grixis -controlish Vial Smasher/Kraum deck.

It feels like it requires way too much to set up, ramp (in grixis) to cast fat spells, the fats spells to cast, and ways to cast those cards on everyone else's turn.

Not sure what the deck needs to look like for it to work.
>>
>>53223725
Literally none of those decks are good. Actually I would say mazirek is one of the best of the bunch because it's easier to combo out with him.

It's literally not your playgroup being too strong, you are probably just bad at politics or deckbuilding. If you change generals you are still going to be bad at this. I would think about changing your other approaches before you invest in a new general.
>>
>>53221433
Scrambleverse is a must
>>
>>53224558
>Melek Scrambleverse/Thieves Auction
>>
>>53224471
Leyline and vedalken orrery.
>>
>>53222820
It is you fucking goon.
>>
>>53214539
Food Chain
>>
>>53223144
Here's a fun trick, put the Vow auras on her so when you pass her to opponents she can't attack you.
>>
>>53225023
No it's not. Damage causes loss of life. They aren't the same. You can pay life which also causes loss of life. If you had -5 life with angel's grace active and Worship on the field you can't use a mana confluence or necropotence but a caves of koilos would put your life total at 1. I'm a lich/suicide Selenia player.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.