[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 55

File: goon_bait.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
goon_bait.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
"If You Want Something Done Right Do It Yourself" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53208000

NEWS
>Commander 2017
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
What's the most degenerate shit in your meta?
>>
>>53224162
Prossh isn't very well received around here. He's a tier 1 Commander and it is perceived to be sour grapes for bringing him to a meta that has a Feldon deck, a relatively weaker Commander, competing with everyone else.
>>
I don't know what to do with Hope of Ghirapur. Initially I thought I'd build a silly thopter deck but there's like nine other thopters I could put in.

Suggestions aside from just aggressive 1-mana flying voltron?
>>
>>53224328
So essentially, unless your playgroup is straight out competitive, don't bring in tier 1 competitive generals.

I suppose that makes sense.
>>
>>53224114
>What's the most degenerate shit in your meta?
My meta is pretty tame but probably Brago bouncing shit like Venser or Reflector Mage. If he gets it early when you don't have removal it's pretty much game even though you can't concede because it's not really game yet.

Standard Newzuri + Sage of Hours as well but that at least ends the game.
>>
File: 175.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>53224361
"Can't cast" kind of stax/prison.
>>
>>53224361
Prossh can be made tame just it's easier to break him than to make him "fair." Do whatever you want though. Just recognize it could lead to more arms racing in your meta and other people being subjected to the same kind of deck obsolescence as you experienced.
>>
Who's a fun or relatively mid tier Naya, Grixis, Temur, Esper or Mardu (or any of the RavGuilds colours really) General?

I already play Anafenza and Sakashima, they're both pretty high tier and would like something to play against my mates pre-cons.

Not getting bored of either, just looking to play something that isn't Mono-U Copy/Control or Abzan Combo/Lockdown.
>>
>>53224471
Honestly I spent a week trying to make a partners deck that didn't seem completely contrived and I finally realized that you shouldn't base your deck around your partners. Just make a deck that's fun and put the partners you like at the helm. It'll work better and be more enjoyable.
>>
>>53224515
Bruna/Gisela/Sigarda.
>>
>>53224508
Yeah, like putting in Rohgahh and having fun commanding an army of fat Kobolds, while ignoring Food Chain/Altars/Mana Echoes etc.

Obviously weaker than a deck that just fucking wins on resolution, but still a good deck.
>>
Children of Gaylis.
>>
This guy on Xmage is running a deck with 30 shadowborn apostle, paradox engine, reservoir, thasios, ravos, edgewalker, rune scarred demon, earthcraft and cryptolyth rite, and its the third time he's won a game that I've been in
what the fuck is this
>>
>>53224751
What colour do you play?
>>
>>53224789
I was running grenzo but he went off on turn 4
he hit a mind's desire for 35 and destroyed our group. one of the cooler decks i've seen tbqh
>>
>>53224815
>grenzo
Gonna have to be more specific.

But yeah that's pretty crazy.
>>
>>53224849
Dungeon warden
I forgot to mention the paradoxical outcome, glimpse of nature, harvester of souls, and other shit he has
if he doesn't win with the combo he has a bunch of tools to go super big and wide and then just win
this deck is hilarious but scary good
>>
>>53224751
Sounds like golgari to me.
>>
>>53224751

Xmage has really funny late night chats
DesolatorMagic has a legit account on there I've heard
>>
If you have Notion Thief out and your opponent casts Consecrated Sphinx and draws a card, would you just straight up lose unless you draw into an answer?
>>
>>53224945
yup, I've run into him a few times too, called him a shitter
i had one of the higher ratings on there until i got lazy and then lost a few legacy ranked games, but even then my rating was still higher than that shitters
>>
>>53224958
Yeah lol, Its why I play helm of the ghastlord in my nekusar instead of thief.
>>
>>53224981
Like Nekusar needs Thief to draw any more cards.
>>
Would you rather play
a) A netdecker with little experience playing Doomsday Zur
b) An experienced player playing their own Daghatar deck
>>
>>53224971

I don't bother with the ratings because I always lose accounts due to my registry cleaner. Xmage stores your account info in: HKCU\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\mage\client
Have a look it's interesting

When I first found Xmage I played 5-6 rated matches from 800 and was at like 1500 in a day, so it made ratings feel cheap.
You can also play yourself and bump your rating with 2 copies running. I tested it out. This made me think it was kind of valueless so I don't bother. I also like when a 1600 loses to an 800, that delivers a lot of funny salt in the chat.
>>
>>53225015
>enough cards
Unpossible
>>
>>53225026
Experienced player always.

I don't mind being killed by anything degenerate but slow, retarded play is somewhere between boring and infuriating to sit through.
>>
I'm looking to make an Adun Lands Matter deck with land animation as a subtheme. What's some fun jank tech with land animation in Jund?
>>
File: Astral Slide_ON.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Slide_ON.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>53224114
Depends on what you mean, entertaining degenerate or boring degenerate.

For boring we have the standard competitive EDH decks.

For entertaining it is hands down one guy's Astral Slide Zur the Enchanter deck.
>>
>>53224114

Nothing too bad. The worst is a guy who's mostly a Spike and he built a Riku deck that's only goal is to take as many turns in a row as possible, but we don't play with him much.

The other mild degeneracy is the Johnny who loves deckbuilding and trying wacky things. He's got like 20 decks and is always brewing something new. His decks are often vicious, but don't always go off, especially if you remember what to break. My favorite of his is

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maralen-of-the-no-one-wants-to-play-anymore/

tl;dr it uses Maralen to tutor up Ad Nauseam and kill everyone, including himself, with Sickening Dreams.
>>
>>53225436
>Maralen decks

I have literally never seen one work. People tutor removal before the maralen trigger gets back to the guy that played her.
>>
File: curseoftheswine.hq.jpg (225KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
curseoftheswine.hq.jpg
225KB, 480x680px
>3 mana exile

how is this allowed? is it because they get shitty pigs?
>>
>>53226065
Pongify/Rapid Hybridization son.
>>
>>53226167
neither of those exiles
>>
>>53226194
Shit, you're right.

Then Vindicate/Unmake unless you're talking about blue.
>>
>>53226211
vindicate is destroy, you're thinking of anguished unmaking

yeah blue exile is pretty good, only downside is the sorcery speed

I think it's really underplayed
>>
>>53226250
>Anguished Unmaking
God, that flavor text. Every time. It's like they were competing with Avacyn's Collar.
>>
>>53224114
Cyclonic Rift.
That shit's Overload ability should read "you win the game" so that we don't have to waste our time any further.
>>
>>53224388
Personally, I build competitive but play casually because there's always that asshole who pretends he doesn't know his deck is better than the rest and those need to get taken down a notch.
>>
There are three, THREE, Brago stasis lock decks in my meta and that's all they ever play. Its fucking terrible. I have to run Raking Canopy and Skylasher in every single deck just to fucking deal with it. God I fucking hate Brago now.
>>
>>53226194
>>53226250
Man, I'm just fucking up tonight.
>>
>>53226440
>tfw my friend plays yidris MLD with cyclonic rift
>>
>>53226194
Reality shift
>>
File: kor midriffdancer.jpg (149KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
kor midriffdancer.jpg
149KB, 480x680px
>>53226769
>exiles creature
>they have a chance of getting an even better creature
>>
>>53224515
Try Marath, I've heard good things about him. Considered to be the weakest of the 2013 commanders by many, so he doesn't draw hate by existing, but is still strong and enables enough build diversity to throw down hard or soft depending on the meta.
>>
>>53226831
>Considered to be the weakest of the 2013 commanders by many
When his competition is Oloro, Derevi, Jenara and Prossh, yes, he's the weakest of the 5
>>
File: 20170513_230234.jpg (7MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170513_230234.jpg
7MB, 5312x2988px
What does everyone's collection of decks look like?

From left to right: Alesha, Atarka, Yasova, Narset, Liliana. Bonus accidentally wubrg coloured sleeves.
>>
>>53226837
>Jenara
Fuck me, meant Jeleva.
>>
>>53226065
Double blue mana makes it more clumsy.
>>
>>53226065
It's sorcery speed removal, which is to say, generally awful.
>>
>>53226861

awful is a strong word
>>
>>53226837
I'd even go as far to say he waz the only fair premier commander out of the five, considering two are teir 1 and the other two just straight up fucking cheat.
>>
>>53226861
But dude, it gets rid of gods. How could it be bad?
>>
>>53226907

I think there's a time and place for both instant and sorcery removal. It's good to have instant speed removal, otherwise combo players can just sandbag their stuff until they have all the pieces and then just win on their turn while you sit there with a hand of sorcery removal

But sorcery removal is still good, not every deck can simply sandbag their important pieces, so you get to kill those with quality sorcery speed removal.
>>
>>53226884
>sorcery speed, can't stop combos or be used push through your own
>targeted, easy to beat
>requires double blue
>gives upside
>continues giving upsides the more value you try to squeeze out of it

I've never seen it run, and I've played with and against many mono U decks. I've never even considered running it. Mono U decks want more speed, UX has better options. Terrible for EDH, at least.
>>
>>53226965
You are wrong

Especially against any recursion creatures.
>>
>>53226965

>terrible for edh

Edh is the format it's best in though. You can list dubious downsides if you want but it's an asymmetrical exile board wipe, the card is extremely powerful
>>
>>53226965

Why can't you use sorcery speed removal to "push through your own combos" ???

Presumably you mean removing something that is preventing you from comboing, like a rest in peace preventing your gy combo, or a torpor orb preventing your palinchron combo? If so, how does sorcery speed removal not work?
>>
>>53224361
Voltron? Thopter "tribal", oh my what the fuck are you doing though? Try control, imagine your commander is a constant no-fun mortar.
>>
What are the most common stax/combo protection cards competitively? I'm trying to figure out Flash/Hulk and how to protect myself against them, or what I don't need to worry about. Like how it's safe from Torpor Orb because you can use Trike/Ballista with your undying counter, or how it's safe from Pithing Needle because you have a second creature for each activated ability you need.
>>
>>53225026
B! That sounds like the most ideal opponent you could get. Very high levels a skill but with a strange love of jank, that's the one right there.
>>
>>53226999
I wouldn't go as far as calling it extremely powerful or even good. It's decent, but the list of negatives keep it from being anything big.
>>
>>53227141
I forget. What are the instant speed mutiple exile cards in U? Or the instant speed exile cards in U? How many?
>>
>>53227141

No you're right, guy was listing only downsides so I wanted to talk up the card.

I don't run it in any of my decks, not because I think it's not worth running, but because I think it's a design mistake. Pongify and rapid hybridization are objectively insanely strong in edh, but I just think wizards fucked up by giving blue exile/destroy target creature

They could've made perfectly flavorful Polymorph effects with different mechanics
>>
>>53227243
A lack of comparable cards does not make it a good card. Reality Shift is much better even if it's a single target because it's an instant. Don't run trash just because.
>>
I need a good multiplayer (4-5 total people) commander who can win with instants and sorceries. Getting sick of trying to win by turning creatures sideways when someone wrath's of god every turn.

Thinking something like jori en or kraum, any recommendations?
>>
>>53227361
clearly jori-en

some anon last thread said he made a jori-en deck which had a bunch of effects on the field that triggered on the cast of an instant or sorcery. Is that what you're looking for?
>>
>>53227377
Someone also suggest Mizzix Walkers.
>>
>>53227361
Jeleva spellslinger is something I've always wanted to try. Basically any izzet or maybe thrasios + silas / kraum / vial / tymna
>>
>>53227361

Planeswalkers don't die to wrath of God
>>
>>53227432
I'm quite fond of Magmaquake and probably too fond of Fated Conflagration.
>>
>>53227377
>>53227391

Was trying to kill someone with fireball, basically. Maybe with a wound reflection? Is that even remotely viable? Prolly kraum/vial smasher?
>>
File: Mwonvuli_Beast_Tracker.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mwonvuli_Beast_Tracker.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
What do you guys thing of this as a tutor? It seems pretty good to me, but I have been wrong before about what I thought was good.

>>53226769
I love Reality Shift. Last time I shifted something the manifest was his sol ring.
>>
>>53227476
>fireball
Comet Storm son.
>>
>>53227494

I'm not a fan of it because it's sorcery speed, and it puts the card on top of your library, so unless you have a draw trigger on the way, you're not getting it until next turn
>>
>>53227494
It could be EWit for that cost.
>>
>>53227494
It depends what you plan on searching out. It seems like most of the time you'd be best playing Fierce Empath instead, or cutting it for EWit.
>>
>>53227494
Like >>53227556 said, you won't be getting it that turn unless you have a draw effect, and if you don't use whatever it is you tutored for that turn then people will see it coming from a mile away. If you could flash it in and use it like a Vampiric Tutor then it would be pretty decent, but being stuck as sorcery speed pretty much insures that people will be leaving mana up for counterspells or removal. It's fine for casual metas if counterspells or removal in general is light, but in anything else, whatever you searched will die 90% of the time unless it's not seen as a threat compared to whatever else is on the table.
>>
>>53227089
RiP is probably the best way to stop it.
You can always stifle the trigger though.
>>
>>53225026
>a) a guy who jerks off for 5 turns until he pulls off his bullshit win while not interacting with the board at all
>b) a guy playing a rarely seen, refreshing deck with a lot of surprise tricks to keep you on your toes
Hmm I wonder which one is more interesting to face
>>
>>53227089
Linvala is big, Selvala and Yisan typically run Mouth of Ronom to kill her.
>>
I'm a shit Commander player and I don't know why I fucking try.
>>
>>53227788
Because you seek validation from others.

Winning isn't exactly hard you know.
>>
>>53227770

I mean, I agree with your conclusion mostly, but I think you're being pretty generous if you think daghatar is going to "keep you on your toes with surprise tricks". The problem with really bad commanders like daghatar is that you can safely ignore what they are doing, which isn't fun for anybody involved
>>
>>53227793
But I mean even if they never play Agathar at all, it's still Abzan. You're basically implying that Abzan decks are entirely dependant on their general.
>>
>>53227792
It is when you're me. Shit at deck building, shit at reading the board state, shit at remembering what cards do, shit at playing my own decks.

Fucking forgot about Massacre Wurm in his graveyard - when it went there the previous turn - and he has Sheoldred on the table. So like the fucking idiot I am I make a bunch of tokens.
>>
>>53227816
Yes. Ghave plays entirely differently from Karador, and neither of them are like Anafenza.
>>
>>53227816

You're implying that I implied implications that I did not imply. The poster I replied to mentioned "refreshing, rarely seen, surprise tricks", so I think it's reasonable to assume that this deck was a daghatar build around deck, filled with counter related Jank, and not just any old Abzan deck with a commander they would never cast
>>
>>53227818
Look at what the better decks are, copy them, and slowly learn why they're better.

Make a habit of checking graveyards when it becomes relevant, especially in EDH where people hide shit.
>>
>>53227843
Well one of them is a combo memer and the other abuses ETBs like a madman because he can. Anafenza though is usually played as goodstuff abzan and I'd imagine Agathar can be played in almost the same way.
>>
>>53227845
Well it can always be both.
>>
>>53227816
Bruse+Reyhan plays more like Anafenza than Dagathar, Doran, Karador or Ghave.
>>
File: Hercule.gif (159KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Hercule.gif
159KB, 500x282px
>>53224114
>sacrifice children
The americans were right all along, MTG is a plot to turn us into devil worshippers
>>
Was thinkg of building a deck with mana doublers like mana flare and zhur taa ancient, pillowfort and group hug stuff with wincons being basically fireball type jag X-spells. Anyone ever done that and how did it work? I pretty much have transformed my stalwart unity to more of a token strategy instead of group hug so i was thinkg of building something new with the gay greeks
>>
>>53227980
Saskia big. Mana Relfection. Zhur-Taa Ancient. Vorinclex. Mana Flare. Cast Fireball/Exsanguinate/Debt to the Deathless.
>>
>>53227980

Rosheen Meanderer with mana doublers (Mana Reflection, Mana Flare), ways to untap (Magewright's Stone, Puppet Strings, Seeker of Skybreak, Wirewood Symbiote), and whatever big ass X spells you want.
>>
>>53224361
Put together a hard hitting artifact deck with metal worker, darksteel golem, and eldrazi..
To put it over the top I put in modular creature, mimic vat and proliferate artifacts. There are some colorless lands like Seagate, Oran and Phyrexian core that are key
>>
File: YP0qZ.jpg (8KB, 193x254px) Image search: [Google]
YP0qZ.jpg
8KB, 193x254px
Am I a bad person for building Azami in a relatively low power level playgroup?
I just want to win some games for once.
>>
>>53228485
How low are we talking?
>>
Siguarda herons grace, in human tribal.
Synergies, boardstate protection, potential fog protection (knight captain eos + siguarda+ mana+ a graveyard) white/green enchantment/artifact/creature destruction, Fetch cards, exile... the list goes on.
Easily one of my favorite decks, nothing you can't do in these colors. devastating 1v1 with low curve, high utility, humans. giant threat in multiplayer, with token generators and boardwipes.
>>
Scion Dragon tribal.
Depala.
Marrow Gnawer rat tribal.
Trostani.

I'm playing Toshiro Umezawa right now.
>>
>>53228553
>>53228499
Shit
>>
File: kazuul.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kazuul.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>53224114
So i'm building a Kazuul deck and am planning to go toward the gift/attack each turn road.
Anyone got any "good" red (or artefact) cards that give the ennemy some tokens, or force him to attack each turn?

So far i got for
Tokens :
-Hunted dragon
-Tempt with Vengeance (not sure with this one but seems pretty harmless in context)
-Forbidden orchard
I seems to recall an old red card with a knight on it that spawned a good amount of tokens but can't recall its name.

Attack each turn :
-Fumiko the lowblood
-Goblin spymaster (count for both)
-Warmonger hellkite
-Goblin diplomats
-War's toll

Also intended on using Dragon Throne of Tarkir to protect Kazuul from the attack each turn effects and power-up my tokens.

Thanks.
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Cards that should be banned I'll start
>>
File: Image (2).png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
149KB, 223x311px
>>53228604
>>
>>53228604
Total war. Heat stroke.
>>
>>53228604
I think there's a horse that give each opponent tokens and gets swapped around between players right? Akroan Horse or something.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53228699
It's not much of a "fuck this guy in particular" card but more of a "frick this guy kinda" card.
>>
>>53228485

I mean destroying people every game isn't very fun for you either, but it's nice to have a deck with a good winrate in your pocket for those times when you're craving that victorious feeling
>>
>>53228604
Assault suit. Angels trumpet
>>
>>53228685
Why don't we just ban islands... Most powerful blue card in the game... Let's you play blue spells
>>
>>53226848
If Atarka isn't Voltron, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>53227494
There's a guy in my playgroup who included this in a new deck he built, and the first time this card was played the deck was actually lent to someone else. When that someone else played the card, they searched through the entire deck only to realize the first guy never included anything with those abilities.
>>
>>53228553
>>53228485
It depends on the power level and what you consider "low power"
Janky deck can be powerful, if it's optimised. Likewise, Azami can be built in a casual way, even as a wizard tribal.
>>
File: varchilds_war_riders.jpg (31KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
varchilds_war_riders.jpg
31KB, 210x300px
>I seems to recall an old red card with a knight on it that spawned a good amount of tokens but can't recall its name.
Found it.

>>53228688
Fun card, but since they can't attack me it wouldn't trigger anything. But must be pretty fun in multi yeah.

>>53228689
Thanks.
Heat stroke is kinda bad for me since my tokens are supposed to have bigger value than theirs, unless the Eldrazi Monument is out.

>>53228699
>>53228717
Could be fun in multi yeah.

>>53228727
>Angels trumpet
Nice.
>>
>>53226300
Is it bad? Why? I mean, collar is fucking awful but this doesn't seem bad.
>>
>>53229060

Flavor text should follow the rule "show don't tell"
>>
Just had really good results with my boros control deck, drew lots of cards and gain loads of hp. I stabilized with a basilisk collar and a blind obedience early and started bleeding everyone out with my lifelinking avacyn and extort triggers. Also there is never not a reason to play serra ascendant in boros.
>>
>>53227494
>no one realized its strength
Along with Brutalizer Exarch, it's one of the staple Maelstrom Wanderer tutors.
>>
>>53227494
VERY good in Mayael, although 9 mana to put any keyword-bearing creature into play isn't that great unless you like the jankness of this.
>>
>>53229177
>>53229060
It should also follow the rough rule, more of a guideline than anything, that if your sentence is a mouthful to say, or seems like it could have ended ten words ago, it should be broken into two. Or perhaps shortened down.
>>
File: bonk.jpg (42KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
bonk.jpg
42KB, 312x445px
Bonk?!
>>
>>53228553
Your friends are clearly just trying to have casual fun, don't ruin it for them
>>
>>53226933
Sorcery speed removal can be good, but you need to really assess the quality of it. You can't really run a 3 mana sorcery speed kill spell unless it's insane value and utility like ashes to ashes or vindicate.
>>
File: 1493676350449.png (535KB, 1728x574px) Image search: [Google]
1493676350449.png
535KB, 1728x574px
>>53224114
My local meta is luckily pretty well moderated by anyone even somewhat competent. We all keep decks of varying powerlevels and it's enough to shit all over people who try to power game and ruin newbies'/moderate players' fun. Not exactly degenerate, but it's pretty vexing to see people making completely irrelevant / garbage 99s around a high tier general <Atraxa for colors, under 5 cards in his entire deck use counters> or just an entire expensive net deck piloted poorly <guy using a Gaea's cradle considers Freyalise and Omnath interchangeable>

>>53224361
Voltron's how to do it, IMO. But it's almost completely inserviceable if you don't put some stax in. People will outgrow you before you can outpace in a colorless voltron deal, because most equips just aren't cost efficient.

>>53226848
Unless you meant how I physically store 'em, in which case I keep my monocolor decks incorresponding colored sleeves, 3 color decks in black except rubinia in white, since i store her next to toshi <black>, hope in silver, and atraxa in gold.
>>
File: 193.jpg (22KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
193.jpg
22KB, 200x285px
any good commander that could abuse this card? preferebly with paradox engine
>>
>>53230112
Energy is a bait. Wait 10 years until they print another block with it as central mechanic.
>>
>>53229177
I agree that flavor text should work in tandem with the art, but show don't tell often doesn't apply since it's text. There's not much you can show in a few lines of text.
>>
>>53230112
If you're gonna build around a cars besides your commander, I'd say Padeem or Hanna+Tinker effects, or Arcum, first if all.
>>
File: 145.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>53226300
>Avacyn's Collar
I'm confused. That card doesn't have flavor text at all.
>>
File: 127.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
127.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>53230177
They got it confused with this. I'm sorry for posting this.
>>
>>53228553
Toshi should be able to thrive in that meta since it's all creature based. Do you not have a wincon or are you bad at politics or what?
>>
File: 20170514_101852.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_101852.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>53226848
Check it my dude. There is also a Breya deck I'm current breaking down into Sharuum deck.
>>
>>53230280
Krenko is boring as hell. Switch to Grenzo as soon as possible.
>>
>>53230311
krenko only exists to teach new players EDH and the concept of "everything in big in EDH"
>>
>>53230207
If it had just been "if there is anything a werewolf hates, it's a collar" it would be perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1437972585237.jpg (196KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1437972585237.jpg
196KB, 1280x853px
RB big and nasty Vial Smasher or Naya Samut with creature tap/untap value grind.
>>
>>53230439
vial smasher is more fun
>>
File: Ancient Grudgeioning.jpg (155KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Grudgeioning.jpg
155KB, 750x1046px
>>53230405
NNah man, this is way better.
>>
>>53230568
KeK
>>
>>53230568
You know, when it goes that deep I actually kind of like it, in a puppy that looks retarded kind of way.
>>
>>53230280
>2 Azorius decks
The absolute madman
>>
File: sen triplets.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sen triplets.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
I want to make a Sen Triplets deck, aside from stuff that gives me any color mana what else should I put into it? Do I just jam it full of a bunch of artifacts?
>>
>>53230700
Telepathy, urza's glasses, other steal effects to take control of the things that they manage to play.

Mana denial is also quite good in sen triplets.

It depends on how you build it, my sen triplets deck doesn't really have a wincon and is just hard control with me trying to win using my opponent's cards, but some people like going for an artifact theme and using the triplets more like a nice effect than actually building around.
>>
>>53230761
Oh, I almost forgot, run land tutors, strip mine and ghost quarter, maybe even more if you want, your deck will lose to homeward path.
>>
>>53230761
I am trying to go for a "your stuff is my stuff" type of thing.
>>
>>53230780
>your deck will lose to homeward path

My play group is filled with turbo scrubs who don't really use utility lands like that (part of the reason I want to make this deck).
>>
tips/card advice for a Saskia deck? I was thinking it would be a good idea to keep her in resserve for a while to dissuade people from attacking me and thus being targeted by her effect, and then once I have Fires of Yamiyava or something else giving haste I go for a big aggressive play. What tactics/cards have you found useful when playing her?
>>
>>53231093
Look for other damage doublers like Furnace of Rath, Gratuitous Violence, or Dictate of the Twin Gods (?). The ability to drop a sudden 21+ commander damage and boot an opponent out of the game is great. Remember that Saskia has haste, so what you really need is a source of trample, flying, or unblockable. Rancor, Archetype of Aggression, Brawn, Rogue's Passage, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
>>
>>53230664
I Newnan those are two very different Azorius decks judging by the commanders. Looks like politics with Gwafa and voltron with Bruna.
>>
>>53231542
I don't know what autocorrect did with that one.
>>
What average cmc is considered too high for semi-competitive? To clarify my meta the top decks are sisay, gitrog, brago, sliver queen, and animar.
>>
>>53231658
It really depends on what deck you pick. Remember, if your deck is something like Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, or Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, you can get away with a relatively high mana curve because of Selvala's mana generation and Augustin's cost parity breaking. On the other hand if you're playing Sidisi Ad Nauseum you want to go as low as humanly possible, to avoid killing yourself with AN. Either way against those decks you're looking at around 2.
>>
>>53231438
>The ability to drop a sudden 21+ commander damage and boot an opponent out of the game is great.
Saskia's ability doesn't deal combat damage, so it doesn't count as commander damage.
>>
>>53231093
i run her as a human tribal commander with equipment and +1+1 counter sub themes. as for specific cards i would definitely include both odrics, that new sumat card, and really just anything that wants to be turned sideways. xenagod goes especially well with her and extra combat steps are amazing as well (that one new red exert guy from almondcat springs to) mind
>>
>>53231093
Extra combat steps - stuff like Seize the Day, etc.
>>
>>53231542
Obviously so. Still, I usually don't want more than one deck of a certain colour combination.
That said, I have 3 Rakdos decks
>>
File: 1478134968349.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1478134968349.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>53231093
Tainted Strike (and other cards that give infect) is your best friend. Use it well.
>>
Jhoria and Lovisa are coming in the mail, what are some good budget decks for them?
>>
>>53231797
>>53231542
>>53230664
UW is my favorite color combo. If my play group didn't constantly bitch about them I would build more.
>>
>>53231891
Jhoira in the bin, Lovisa warriors, obviously.
Keep in mind, cowards can't block warriors.
>>
>>53231929
I like UW too, but I also like Boros and I wish we had a nice USA commader so I could combine the two. Jeskai has shit uninteresting commanders and Numot is the top man, which says something
>>
>>53231932
>Jhoira in the bin
Don't tell me I wasted $1.45 on this bitch for nothing
>>
>>53231891
Lovisa warrior tribal is really fun but pretty weak and you will need every kind of card draw you can get.
>>
File: 1481221421001.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
1481221421001.gif
2MB, 409x398px
>>53231971
>building prossh deck
>buy primal vigor
>friend tells me he has the commander set that prossh came in
>I just wasted 15 dollars
>>
>>53231959
>USA commanders
With partners you have
Ishai-Bruse (shit)
Ishai-Akiri (shit)
Ishai-Kraum (shit)
Ishai-Ludevic (ultra shit)
Bruse-Kraum (maybe not shit?)
Bruse-Ludevic (shit)
Akiri-Kraum (I'd say your best bet)
Akiri-Ludevic (shit)
>>
>>53231971
You can play her, but she's literally never anything else but
1. Play Jhoira and pray she doesn't get countered/removed/anything
2. Suspend Decree/Obliterate/Apocalypse
3. Suspend all fat in hand
4. Have Kozilek and Ulamog smash face with everyone at 0 board
5. ???????
6. Profit

But seriously, I applaud you like an american if you'd play her in any other way. She's a trap as a commander, just like Kaalia, Zedruu and Zurgo for the most part.
>>
>>53231959
Zedruu is good for her niche, but I can imagine that you may not be into that type of deck.
>>
>>53232051
I was thinking of doing the general "suspend fatties" plan, but with artifact creatures. Also thought of using Aeon Chronicler and Detrivore and generally avoiding the Eldrazi Titans.
>>
>>53231959
Thinking about turning Bruna into a Shu Yun deck.
>>
>>53232002
But what if I don't want to limit myself to 2 weak commanders? Hell, I already have trouble cutting cards to 99, 1 more would be awful.
I just want a good USA commander that's not complete shit.
Hell, each wedge is totally fucked in commander department. Not that Shards have much more options, but still.
>>53232052
She's a trap, don't deny it. Most people just want to cast terrible cards and gift them, such as Grid Monitor, Aggressive Mining and formerly Celestial Dawn (bless it's soul) and get absolutely fucked when they can't gift them if someone removes Zedruu in response.
>>
>>53232156
>Hell, each wedge is totally fucked in commander department.
abzan and temur have a bunch of good commanders though
>>
File: 1492276477832-v.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
1492276477832-v.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>53232143
Why
>>
>>53232180
Well mostly because my play group is traumatized by Bruna and it would allow me to still play Bruna. Also having access to red is never a bad thing IMO.
>>
>>53232176
Fair enough. Karador and Ghave are both good and Temur has everyone else but Intet that are playable. Sadly, only Riku seems to be flexible, while others seem to push you in creatures: the tappening playstyle. Yasova can be used as utility though, thank god
>>
>>53232156
>Each wedge
Abzan has Karador and Ghave.
Sultai has Sidisi and Tasigur.
Temur has Animar and Wanderer
Mardu has... okay, Mardu's relatively fucked, but they still have Marchesa and Alesha.
Jeskai is fucked, they only really have Narset.
Grixis has Jeleva, Nekusar, and other Marchesa.
Jund has Prossh, so yeah.
Esper has Sharuum and Zur.
Bant has Derevi. And Roon I guess.
Naya's got... Anima.

So yeah, Abzan, Sultai, Temur, Grixis, Esper, are all fine.
>>
>>53232269
>>53232180
Also sunforger.
>>
>>53232269
>creatures: the tappening
Except for Maelstrom Wanderer.
>>
>>53232304
But Wanderer usually is "ramp to Wanderer and hope to hit Jokulhaups and a creature, so you can beat face"
>>
>>53231093
Don't forget your theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nEvCSKVxmo
>>
>>53232270
>Sidisi
>Nekusar
>not mentioning Damia, Riku, Sedris, Mimeo, Angus, Rafiq and Crosis
>>
File: Prismatic Lens.jpg (146KB, 1115x311px) Image search: [Google]
Prismatic Lens.jpg
146KB, 1115x311px
What's your favourite Prismatic Lens land, /edhg/?
>>
>>53232451
Shimmering Grotto has the best art
>>
>>53232459
Which one?
>>
>>53232051
>I applaud you like an american if you'd play her in any other way
You better warm up those hands, son.

>wait until 5 mana before you cast Jhoira
>suspend as many non-Eldrazi fatties and big spells as you can before you inevitably get removed
>drop non-LD board wipes to stall
>win through attrition and/or extra turns once your fatties are out
The deck requires quite a lot of card draw and filtering to stay relevant though, since you can't go "do I have MLD and Eldrazi on hand? ok gg" and ignore card advantage. Aeon Chronicler, Sphinx of Uthuun, Combustible Gearhulk, Sandstone Oracle etc. are top dogs.
>>
>>53232451
The one that is actually useful and produces colored mana instead of filtering. No deck should have to use those.
>>
>>53232451
Chromatic Lantern.
>>
File: Egglands.png (2MB, 1566x450px) Image search: [Google]
Egglands.png
2MB, 1566x450px
>>53232451
The good ones.
>>
>>53232525
>Attrition
>in Jhoira
>>
File: 1375178232158.jpg (141KB, 1225x706px) Image search: [Google]
1375178232158.jpg
141KB, 1225x706px
>>53232677
>>
>>53232451
i dont understand why anyone would ever use these
>>
>>53228604
goblin spymaster
grand melee
warmonger hellkite
>>
>>53232988
they're a cheap way for decks with 3+ colors to make sure they have access to all their colors
>>
File: Attrition_UD.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Attrition_UD.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>53232878
Are you?
>>
>>53233068
Anon...
Attrition is a word. It means something besides the Magic card. I think you need to go outside.
>>
>>53233115
Third-party observer here. Your sentence was worded in a manner that sounded like you were referring to the card.

I wouldn't really call swinging an Eldrazi winning through attrition.
>>
File: 1472689881757.jpg (358KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1472689881757.jpg
358KB, 1383x1600px
>>53232622
>we will never get the enemy cycle of the signet lands
>>
File: 1473757967274.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1473757967274.png
127KB, 223x311px
looking for cards in UW that benefinite from all the scrying all be doing
>>
>>53232988
2 and 3 color decks can normally get away with them without losing too much mana to filtering. 4 color decks seems like you'd be taxing yourself too much for my taste. They're staples in pauper.
>>
File: 1487694860204.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1487694860204.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>53233237
*I'll
have this guy too
conundrum sphinx doesn't feel worth it at all
>>
>>53233214
>Third-party observer here
I don't believe you.
>Your
Not mine.
>like you were referring to the card.
Lowercase a-attrition, right after referring to stalling.
>I wouldn't really call swinging an Eldrazi winning through attrition.
At - tri - tion: the action or process of gradually reducing the strength or effectiveness of someone or something through sustained attack or pressure. Like sustaining an attack with a creature that reduces your opponents strength or effectiveness.
>>
>>53233315
>I don't believe you.
Pic related
>Lowercase a-attrition, right after referring to stalling.
>Counting on assholes around here to use punctuation effectively
>the action or process of gradually reducing the strength or effectiveness of someone or something through sustained attack or pressure.
Sounds like swinging the biggest creatures in the game to me. Certainly not a strategy about slowly accumulating victory through grinding out advantage.
>>
File: believe what you will anon.png (36KB, 1738x500px) Image search: [Google]
believe what you will anon.png
36KB, 1738x500px
>>53233315
Forgot pic
>>
>>53233315
Shut the fuck up Bryan
>>
>>53233315
>Like sustaining an attack with a creature that reduces your opponents strength or effectiveness.
>winning through any non-combo method is winning through attrition

Nigga you dumb.
>>
>>53233115
>>53233315
English isn't my first language so bear with me. Only place I've heard the word is in MtG, so it might explain.
>>
How do I filter on magiccards.info so that it just shows the spells that have colorless mana in their costs like the Eldrazi in >>53233237 ?
If I search for colorless mana costs it just shows me all cards that have mana costs that can be paid with any mana.
>>
>>53233535
Use C as colorless, a number as generic.
>>
>>53233556
A number as generic? What does that mean? I can look for specific cards if I know their mana costs, using C works there. But I want to see all cards that have colorless mana symbols in their costs.
>>
>>53233636
Colorless mana costs only appear in Oath of the Gatewatch. So filter by OGW, colorless, and look through the 40 or so cards by yourself.
>>
Dropping another link to my Ayli deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-clerical-errors/

Having taken in some feedback from /edh/ I've managed to finally crank it down to 100 cards, though I did make sure to pick up an Obzedat with my order, so I'll have to figure out where to make that cut.
>>
>>53233816
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>53232156
Zedruu is a trap, which is why if you want to play the the gifts plan you need to include more donate effects than just Zedruu. A strong base of pillowfort cards is also important.
>>
>>53226994
There are better ways to beat recursion.
>>
>>53226999
The only saving grace I'll give this card is that it fits very well into any curve, which is something X spells cant always do
>>
>>53233315
Thanks for defending my choice of words, anon-kun.

To anyone else, it's attrition warfare in the sense that your main wincon is to drag out the game with as many board wipes as the colors allow and lots of card draw for card advantage. You eventually outpace everyone else and poke people to death with your value creatures with 4-6 power each. It's the opposite of the explosiveness of Jhoira MLD+annihilator combo.
>>
File: rite-of-the-raging-storm.jpg (26KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
rite-of-the-raging-storm.jpg
26KB, 223x311px
Anyone know some cards that force your opponents to attack each other? I'm making a Gahiji deck and I've really liked Master Warcraft and Rite of the Raging Storm.
>>
>>53234297
But there's only like Bazaar Trader, Donate and Harmless Offering
>>
is 23 things that can make me sacrifice things too much in a sacrifice deck?
>>
>>53234656
What are you getting for each sacrifice?
>>
>>53234589
New Grenzo, Fumiko the Lowblood, Gideon Jura, Goblin Spymaster and War's Toll kinda
>>
>>53234685
its a meren deck so generally just random value. some stuff gets bigs, other things draw cards, some stuff blows shit up, spore frog
>>
>>53234589
Assault suit.
>>
File: IMG_8554.jpg (49KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8554.jpg
49KB, 223x310px
so full stax?
how shit is it
>>
>>53235008
GAAIV is one of the best stax commanders, top three along with Brago and Derevi. The problem is that unless you're playing a fully competitive meta, showing up with a stax deck is like getting invited to dinner and taking a shit all over everyone's food.
>>
File: puking biker.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
puking biker.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>5-man game
>Playing Melek
>Get excellent start with T1 Sol ring, T2 Thran Dynamo, T3 hedron Archive
>Later in game get hit by 10/8 then a 20/20 by Saskia and Daretti player, go to 6 life
>My turn, tutor Temporal Mastery, pay miracle cost, to then return the tutor back to hand
>Tutor up 2 more extra turn cards, take 5 extra turns in a row
I feel disgusted by myself, but at least I got to resolve Coax from the Blind Eternities 4 times
>>
>>53227347
Doesn't make it good, but it's better than not having a single spot removal option in your deck.

>inb4 Unstable Obelisk or some shit
>>
>>53228604
Varchild's War Riders is the card you're thinking of
>>
File: To do list.png (411KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
To do list.png
411KB, 704x528px
>Tfw EDH group I have been playing with since 2006 is slowly dying due to a couple guys not getting along the last couple months
>Probably going to have to find a new group
>>
File: 1494660170657.jpg (485KB, 1400x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1494660170657.jpg
485KB, 1400x1900px
You play Urborg which turns all lands into swamps, then you play Kormus bell which turns all swamps into 1/1 creatures, then you play Elesh Norn and she wipes all enemy lands and makes yours 3/3s

you can float a mana before it hits the grave yes?
>>
>>53235577
You can float the mana before Elesh resolves. Once she's on the field, the lands die as a state-based action, which can't be responded to.
>>
>>53235577
The second Norn resolves the lands die.
>>
>>53235663
>>53235642
>land enters battlefield
>i have enchantment that gives creature haste
can i float one mana before it dies?
>>
>>53232216
Dude, you're suppose to Traumatize yourself when playing Bruna
>>
>>53235177
What did you use Coax for?
>>
>>53235699
No. When you play a land, it dies due state-based action before you can tap it.
Players still need priority to tap lands, which you won't get until state-based actions are checked.
>>
>>53235913
On second thought I resolved it thrice, but copied it once. I got Sire of Stagnation, Oblivion Sower, Newlamog and New Kozilek. Got Sire out early, but it got removed before a single land ETB'd.
>>
>>53235958
>Players still need priority to tap lands
Wrong, it's a special action, akin to morphing
>>
>>53235699
State-based actions, like creatures with 0 toughness dying, are checked before you receive priority, and you can only activate mana abilities when you have priority, so no.
>>
I made a simple hypergeometric probability calculator. I found an online calculator that helped me out a lot, but I got annoyed with having to go to the page and click so I made a commandline tool.

http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx
https://mega.nz/#!U2wEwZBT!kygBa4jdeT5rCESFmcMUcRwQPcMvp8hxncYPJFSUiPo

The zip includes the calculator, a readme, and the source code.
>>
File: MTG Fixed 969557.png (1MB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
MTG Fixed 969557.png
1MB, 750x1046px
>>53230207
>>
>>53235999
You need priority to turn a morph face up too.

>702.36e Any time you have priority, you may turn a face-down permanent you control with a morph ability face up
>>
>>53235999
Are you retarded? Special action means it won't use the stack, but you still need priority to activate them. You need priority to activate special actions.
>>
>>53236066
Ah, my bad. I mixed it up with split second
>>
>>53236080
???? How is split second related at all?
>>
>>53236160
Priority and ability to active abilities
>>
>>53228757
>islands are colorless
>>
File: 100% Smug.gif (227KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
100% Smug.gif
227KB, 600x600px
>his mana curve is over 2
>>
>>53231891

This is the Lovisa Coldeyes deck I run:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/that-which-is-best-in-life/

It's a lot of fun and surprisingly effective since somehow none of my friends prepare to be butt blasted by LD despite the fact that I run it in some manner in almost every one of my decks. Your results may vary.
>>
File: 1462899893284.png (1MB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
1462899893284.png
1MB, 715x715px
>>53232451
Painted Bluffs is a fucking beautiful card
>>
>>53236390
why is krenko there
>>
File: opalpalace.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
opalpalace.png
121KB, 223x311px
>>53232451
>>
File: 20170514_173141.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_173141.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>53226848
Not sure what to build next. Honestly. :/

The four single cards at the bottom have decks in a single box. Didn't wanna bring them all out.
>>
>>53236228
But split second has literally nothing to do with priorities and mana-abilities
>>
>>53236080
... Stop trying to save face here and admit you are retarded. You still have to pass priority to resolve split second spells, which means people get to use special actions and activate mana abilities.
>>
File: 1492707629990.png (532KB, 1080x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1492707629990.png
532KB, 1080x1176px
>>53236493
>mfw this in prossh
>>
File: tressy.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
tressy.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53236509
build good buddy voltron
>>
>>53236481
>not including Krenko in every deck
>not including Krenko in non-red decks
That goblin just gets in everywhere.
It's because he's a warrior.
>>
File: Deckbox One.jpg (587KB, 1637x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Deckbox One.jpg
587KB, 1637x1439px
>>53226848
>>53230280
What is this, amateur hour?
>>
File: ACTUAL.png (2MB, 1416x1824px) Image search: [Google]
ACTUAL.png
2MB, 1416x1824px
The decks for:
>>53236612

Still need another low tier deck, I was hoping for a voltron. Also have Geralt as an alternate commander for Talrand, Sulmigar for whatever to alternate Lazav and Krond for Sigarda.
>>
File: 129.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
129.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>53236555
Meh, nah. If I did Grixis, I'd probably do Queen vampire titties over here in a control shell.
>>
File: toby.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
toby.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53236687
how about toby pauper
>>
Rate the experience counter commanders.
Nuzuri, Blaxos, Meren, Mizzix, and Kalemne.
>>
File: 1494618384550.jpg (15KB, 211x203px) Image search: [Google]
1494618384550.jpg
15KB, 211x203px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/altered-beasts/

Thoughts on my Meren deck /edhg/? Its budget for now but I am looking to improve it please don't recommend lands because that gets old really quick
>>
>>53236612
>>53236660
Have a maelstrom decklist I kinda have hit a platue where I dont feel there is much left to improve my list and have been looking maybe for a new way to spice it up.
>>
>>53236756
meren>mizzix>newzuri>kalemne>blaxos
>>
>>53236779
if you're not playing mld do that
>>
>>53236760
you're short a few cards there
>>
next commander: GITROG or KARLOV or SYDRI?

be as subjective and biased as possible
>>
>>53236481

See >>53236559

Also he combos nicely with Purphoros and Impact Tremors, and Warstorm Surge. Plus one day I'm gonna break down and make it a goblin deck, so it's nice to already have him.
>>
>>53236779
Its out of date unfortunately, everything from this tappedout's maybeboard is in the deck now:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wandered-into-a-rug-deck/

My playgroup is exclusively multiplayer though.

Winning through extra turns, thus extra combat phases, while ramping into big beats.
>>
>>53236847
only one of those three is a legendary frog. i think you've got your answer.
>>
>>53236756
Good: Meren, Mizzix
Good but boring: Newzuri
Trash: Daxos, Kalemne
>>
>>53236847
Sydri. If you don't want to hit every opponent with the Super Soul Succ Aether Laser for infinity damage in one turn then I think you need to shred your decks.
>>
Im trying to build a Sek'Kuar edh but now really sure what else should go in my Meta is Alesha,Nekusar,Shu Yun,Sydri,and Xenagos

what cards do i need
>>
>>53236756
1. Meren
2. Mizzix
3. Ezuri
4. Kalemne
5. Daxos
>>
>>53236847
G I T R O G
I
T
R
O
G
>>
>>53236756
meren>mizzix>nuzuri>utter garbage not worth mentioning

mizzix and meren are actually tied imo but i like to play meren more
>>
>>53236992
i like meren better because i'd rather not be that guy with the storm deck who takes a 10 minute turn killing everyone
>>
How would you fix Kalemne and Blaxos?
>>
>>53237039
kalemne would need to generate value. boros already does damage, what it needs help with is not running out of steam after you dump your hand. depala is probably the best boros commander because of that.

if daxos made his dudes for free every time you cast an enchantment instead of you having to pay 3 for each, he'd be worthwhile. i don't know why they tried to make an enchantress deck without green in the first place though.
>>
>>53237039
Give her Haste instead of Vigilance, make her experience counter thing trigger off whenever you attack with a creature.

As for Daxos, make his experience counter "whenever an enchantment comes into play under your control".
>>
>>53235367
Can you really call it spot removal when it's sorcery speed? Typically you want to use spot removal on the spot. Rapid Hybridization, Pongify, and Reality Shift are much better spot removal options.
>>
I need to make a budget Golgari or Rakdos list-

It will only be about $75 and desu most of the commanders in these colors just dont appeal to me.

Varolz and Mogis are my current thoughts but could anyone sell me on another (Besides Meren and either Olivia)
>>
>>53236384
I play Simic and I can have whatever curve I want.
>>
>>53237471
Glissa Infect is pretty fun and you can have fun reusing spellbombs and other card draw artifacts. People usually underestimate her because she herself doesn't have infect.
>>
>>53237015
ya that too, thats what yidris is for
>>
>>53237782
damn straight. whip out the yidris deck when your opponents are being little bitches and you want to gain 200+ life on turn 4 with aetherflux reservoir.
>>
>>53237039
>Kalemne
probably lower the cmc thing to 4 instead of 5. maybe give her trample instead of vigilance

>Blaxos
have not played with or against him but off gate id change it the ability cost to just BW instead of an extra one
>>
Do I build Ruric Thar all creatures edition or look at my og Verdant Catacomb Gitrog?
Don't have enough green goodstuff to make both of them good.
>>
>>53237039
Daxos is actually really good. Don't underestimate the power of pillowforting before dropping 3 6/6s every turn.
>>
Can someone teach me how would i go building a u/r storm deck?

I want to jack off and kill everyone in a single fuckhuge convoluted turn
>>
File: 1485452268265.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1485452268265.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>53237935
all you need is this guy
>>
>>53237935
>storm
>commander
bad
mind's desire, temporal fissure, seething song, every card from gifts ungiven storm and dream halls/omniscience/enter the infinite
>>
>>53237935
melek is pretty good if the table isn't too cutthroat. 90% of the time, if you untap the turn after casting him, you just win
>>
>>53237921
In my experience it is really slow, that being said the guy in my playgroup who runs him is bad at deck building.
>>
>>53237921
i tried so many times to make him work.
>>53237977
this guy is right, he's definitely too slow. you can't rely on getting your pillow fort cards every game, and when the xenagos is reliably swinging for 20+ damage by turn 4 you're not gonna survive much longer.
>>
>>53236660
can you post the list for talrand?
i've been meaning to build him for some time, but never had great ideas
>>
>>53238131
>>53238131
>>53238131

New thread is up.
>>
>>53238153
We haven't even hit the bump limit yet you gigafaggot.
>>
>>53238189
This post is the bump limit. Now go to the other thread, you rapscallion.
>>
>>53236760
You could use a few more creatures with either ETB effects or sac outlets. Other creatures that interact with the yard are also useful, or have effects when things die are also really useful.

You should definately get your hands on Ashnod's altar and Birth Pod for this kind of deck.

I'd also recommend running at least diabolic tutor because you're in black, as well as buried alive and Jarad's orders. Obviously if you have the money run entomb and demonic tutor.

Prime cut candidates would be:doomed dissenter and reassembling skeleton. I think your creature base needs a bit more power - your in green and black so you have both ramp and reanimator, I'd make use of it.
>>
>>53238229
Bump limit is 310, assmongler.
>>
>>53238245
What does it mean to mongle?
>>
>>53238277
Molest.
>>
>>53238336
Ah
>>
>>53230061
love your music taste simply off your edh deck names
>>
>>53232051
Best way I play her is with a bunch of Chaos bullshit like Hivemind, Knowledge Pool, Possibility Storm and then some fatties to gift to people and then some MLD

I love it and hate how long it takes for games.
>>
>>53238066
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/talrand-flood-the-board/

I have thrown a gitprobe in there though.

Its in the low tier but swings well above its budget I had to switch to using geralt to slow down enough for the other low powers to have a chance.
>>
So I wanted to make a cycle/discard deck, but I have no idea which commander I would use or even if there's enough cards to support the deck
>>
>>53240457
It's playable, Zur probably performs the best.
>>
File: tfwBald.png (82KB, 173x244px) Image search: [Google]
tfwBald.png
82KB, 173x244px
>Play Anafenza
>Other people think that it's +1/+1 counter shenanigans
>Not on board control
>mfw they realise that it may as well be Mono-W lockdown

So satisfying seeing a Niv-Mizzet or Sharuum player struggling to do shit on my turn.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.