[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 64

File: ZomboMeme 12052017095231.jpg (448KB, 1250x1681px) Image search: [Google]
ZomboMeme 12052017095231.jpg
448KB, 1250x1681px
I'm rich edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >>53162163

>Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...
>>
File: 1483293879342.jpg (101KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
1483293879342.jpg
101KB, 1024x937px
First for wood elves!
>>
File: GIANT-Nagash.jpg (91KB, 547x552px) Image search: [Google]
GIANT-Nagash.jpg
91KB, 547x552px
[Autistic rattling noises]
>>
File: shamecast.jpg (194KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
shamecast.jpg
194KB, 600x486px
Reminder
>>
I just started playing AOS with the KO as my first army... and I'm super sad to see all the hate they're getting. I picked them because I like the idea of steampunk sky pirates. I've already got 1000 points, mostly painted, but should I shelve them and go with something else since apparently they're super toxic?
>>
File: AOS Sigmar Vanguard Raptors.jpg (51KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Sigmar Vanguard Raptors.jpg
51KB, 600x620px
So Vanguard Raptors?

I'm kind of interested to how they compare to Judicators and other shooting options. Prosecutors of course have the mobility. Judis can become battleline under a full Stormcast army. But what of these new guys?

Their flat-out shooting ability with both sets of weapons just seems superior to pretty much anything we have right now when comparing elite nuking (Longstrike) and chaff clearing (Hurricane). Although I see their big weakness as only being 3 models with 6 wounds that could get poofed off the table easier than 5 Judis with 10 wounds to split. BUT being able to hold and aim for an insane 30 inch range, or 9 extra shots (on top of 18!!!) is nuts, assuming your opponent lets you get it off.

Anyone had playtime with them or ideas? I'm thinking about at least buying some and putting them together as Hurricanes.
>>
>>53192643
I would argue they're only as toxic as you make them? You can always tweak your list if it's too good/bad to make things more fun. Or make up a scenario where you're outnumbered and have to hold off waves of enemies, stuff like that.
>>
>>53192643
They're only toxic if you min max buffs and weapon load outs.
>>
>>53192708
ok, for my list I have
1x Admiral
2x 10 arkanaut company (one unit has skyhooks, the other has volley guns)
1x 5 thunderers with mortars
1x frigate with sky cannon
1x gunhauler with skycannon

I also have an additional 5 thunderers and am picking up an aether khemist that I can swap in for the gunhauler.

Barak-Thryng for the skyport since their color scheme is similar to my squat army from back in the day and I miss the dwarves holding grudges thing from whf.
>>
>>53192748
You should honestly be fine.

I don't see any real cheese since the cheese is when you pump their synergies to hard that nothing can last, which you don't have.
>>
>>53192762
Cool. I understand what people are saying about their shooting though. The only reason I lost my first game with them was purely tactical on my part: I forgot to play to the objectives.
>>
>>53192692
They are very strong, have a huge range and thanks to gryphon hounds you can't sneak up on them. I think the big problem is that skyfires do their job better and can usually kill them before they can kill the skyfires. So if you are having a ranged firefight against something with better range you are going to lose.
>>
>>53192692
I don't have the numbers in front of me but Longstrikes and Judicators do similar average damage per unit. Judicators are cheaper, have more wounds, and retain a lot of their power even if just the champion is left.

2 units of prosecutors do very slightly less damage than Hurricanes with the bonus shots. They aren't very good unless you want the debuff.
>>
File: fzero_claw_raider.jpg (75KB, 518x509px) Image search: [Google]
fzero_claw_raider.jpg
75KB, 518x509px
>>53192069
Riddle me this /tg/:

How the fuck does this thing move 12''? It's a slow ass woolly mammoth carrying a fat ass ogre. thing should be hella slow
>>
>>53193019
simple, it freezes the ground in front of it and then skates along at incredible speeds
>>
>>53193019
It's moving along at a leisurely pace, but it's so big that it moves comparatively fast
>>
>>53193019
it has a move of 8, where are you getting 12 from?
>>
>>53193060
from the website (huskard on stonehorn)
>>
>>53193136
That's a thundertusk in the pic
>>
File: 12.png (899KB, 1457x722px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
899KB, 1457x722px
>>53193136
>>
Question.
I'm getting back into things after not playing any form of warhammer for a long while.
I've currently got 16 lizards on cold ones right now - 8 are unassembled from the Getting Started set, 1 is an old saurus with spear, 1 is the old metal hero (who is being a pain in the ass to assemble, because he wasn't assembled), and six are skinks and Tichi-Huichi. Going to run them as more Saurus Cold One Riders because fuck anyone who says otherwise, it's still lizards riding raptors.
The question is, how should I split them up, and if I should give the unassembled ones even more spears or throw regular melee weapons on them.
Should I do 3 groups of 5 and leave one out/have as a hero? 1 of 10, 1 of 5? All in one group?
>>
File: JustAcceptIt.jpg (31KB, 635x755px) Image search: [Google]
JustAcceptIt.jpg
31KB, 635x755px
Reminder that Elves don't deserve new releases.
>>
File: 1494576146061-1168388729.jpg (523KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494576146061-1168388729.jpg
523KB, 1280x960px
Hinterlands-clan moulder
Packmaster w/ whip -30
Stormvermin -14
Rat swarm -40
11 giantrats -66
>>
>>53194940
Yes i know giantrats are 5 each normally.. To encourage variety if more then half of your warband is same model it costs a point extra.
>>
>>53195090
YOu can't get some more variety in there? maybe a wolf rat or two?
>>
>>53195127
Huh. I just went on FW to check for the points PDF and saw this thing
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Warpgnaw-Verminlord-2017
>>
Help me oldfags. I'm trying to find a set of pictures that used to be on the lizardmen page fucking years ago when geedubs actually used to do hobby articles on their website.

It was basically a fuckhuge lizardmen city being invaded by Skaven. There was a big Skaven drill coming up in a plaza, terradons flying over a waterfall and a bunch of other shit.

But for the life of me I cannot fucking find it.
>>
>>53195182
Ask WHFB general too
>>
File: scalecroc.png (366KB, 912x1018px) Image search: [Google]
scalecroc.png
366KB, 912x1018px
I got a question, how sentient are the Seraphon?

Like, do they eat and sleep and have their own lives outside of combat or are they just attack ghosts for the Slann?
>>
>>53195200
I think they have personalities
>>
>>53195200
>But for the life of me I cannot fucking find it.
They're remembered into existence from magic, so while they have personalities, they only exists in reality for as long as they remain summoned there. They're trapped in an endless summer.
>>
Looking at getting into aos after playing fantasy battle ages ago, but fuck me the new lore is so incredibly generic and lame. Why didn't they just rebrand, make new rules, battletomes and shit while keeping the old setting? I feel like that's the biggest gripe that people have other than the initial shitfest of twirling moustaches for extra attacks and shit.

Also the new army names, Jesus Christ, I can understand wanting to protect their ip, but still.
>>
>>53195200
They have personalities, but only as an echo. They exist exactly how the Slann remember them, but their memories can be faint.
>>
>>53195316
Also, this fucking 2 thousand dollar piece of terrain and it's not even that big or good. Kek.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Fortress-of-Grim-Corruption
>>
>>53195316
Give it time man, It's been like 2 years compared to WHFB's 35. They're honestly making really good progress all things considered
>>
>>53195359
Try living on the proper side of the equator
>>
>>53195316
>Why didn't they just rebrand, make new rules, battletomes and shit while keeping the old setting?
Because the old world was too small/restrictive for what they wanted to do. They wanted a massive setting like 40k where people are free to do what they want.
>>
>>53195371
>1100 us dollars

Ah yes, much more reasonable, kek. I do wish NZ pricing was more reasonable given that we are way fucking closer to China where all this shit is made.
>>
>>53195375
But instead it's just a bland clusterfuck, huge universes don't really work outside of Sci Fi. The old fantasy world was still plenty big enough anyway. Hell, half the world had barely even been fluffed out.
>>
>>53195402
It's a 50% reduction in price. And I will admit, the whole thing's pretty lame, but if you use bits of it for like, small watchtowers and such, it's alright. I wish they'd make non-khorne themed terrain though
>>
File: IMG_20170508_221628.jpg (323KB, 1379x986px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170508_221628.jpg
323KB, 1379x986px
Rate my fluff, post your fluff. Sub-optimal armies ahoy.

Disgusted by a clan who put their mercenary earnings of ur-gold above vengeance on their enemies, the self-proclaimed Rhang Grimnir set out to forge his own lodge with like-minded individuals. In his eyes, a neigh unsettleable grudge rests over the heads of chaos for the casualties caused over the centuries. He would work for them no longer, no matter the reward.

Eventually finding himself in the realm of life during Alarielle's push back against Nurgle, an overwhelming smell of ur-gold brought him to a battle between sylvaneth and a tallyband. As the woods themselves raised up to fight and soulpods on the cusp of birth spawned ranks of dryads, the disturbed earth parted to reveal hordes of the slayer god's fragments.

Starved of the metal for far too long, Rhang Grimnir ordered the charge, cutting down all in the way of the plunder. A three way battle began as the fyreslayers looted en mass. It was the only when the rune father himself held the gold in his hand when he realised what he had done. He cursed himself for being too like those he despised, and charged at the heart of the tallyband. The last order of that battle: no more blades shall be raised against the grove. The sylvaneth were far less confident in this change of heart.

1/2
>>
File: IMG_20170226_214011.jpg (253KB, 792x1320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170226_214011.jpg
253KB, 792x1320px
The warriors endured the plagues of Nurgle up close as branches and blades cut them from behind, yet no attacks from then on found their way to the tree folk. Forced into retreat, the tallyband ran, and the bravery of the duardin had slowed the wrath of the sylvaneth to a near cease.

It was only one branchwraith who continued to cut into the warriors, slashing at them as they stood still as stone and took the punishment. As the last demon disappeared from sight, vines curled round the white barked figure and restrained her as a deathly silence fell.

Rhang Grimnir swore an oath to the grove, to make it prosper and usurp the enemies from its lands, ands asked permission of the sylvaneth ancients to set his lodge on the battleground so as to see it done. Only then would his debt be repaid.

Years on and co-operation between the groups thrives under the rune father. Instead of halls of stone, the duardin find home within small canyons in the sandy ground, with the new trees of the grove spreading their roots to roof the settlements. The vault of the lodge rests in the centre of a maze like winding crevice within the desert floor, guarded by the spirits of Kurnoth and chosen fyreslayers alike. The trees of the grove are few, but massive towering structures, casting shade onto large swathes below. And wealth sates all as the growing grove reveals yet more ur-gold.

Yet rumours of dissent have never ceased. There are unspoken grudges on the pale skinned branchwraith, and some say spites have been heard whispering in Khazalid. It is unknown what will happen to the alliance when the oath is fulfilled.
>>
>>53195550
>>53195583
I think this pretty cool anon and those tree revenants with dwarf weapons look nice.
Not a lot of ideas for two diffrent groups being allies are being shared around so this is a fresh take.
>>
File: IMG_2807.jpg (689KB, 1487x1846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2807.jpg
689KB, 1487x1846px
So, the Exalted Verminlord is back, now renamed Warpgnaw Verminlord. Thoughts?
>>
>It's just another huge-ass FW model I will never buy
Life is suffering
>>
>>53195845
I feel that as GW has stepped up in their quality of models, FW has not.

I know this verminlord is just a rerelease, but the newer GW kits still look better than the newer FW ones.

Or maybe all of FWs time and effort go into making 30k stuff.
>>
>>53195774
We 24" flying stormfiends now brah.
>>
>>53195877
>maybe all of FWs time and effort go into making 30k stuff
Well, you've answered your question mate
>>
>>53195914
Yeah I suppose so. It is a shame.
>>
>>53195409
Old world was literally just 15th century Earth with nameswaps and magic. It was about as inspired as scrabble.
>>
>>53195877
>I know this verminlord is just a rerelease, but the newer GW kits still look better than the newer FW ones.
imo this guy blows the plastic kit out of the water easily
>>
>>53196049
Honestly, he's meh. FW's hand sculpting techniques stayed in 2010, while the rest of the world moved on.
>>
>>53196081
What I was getting at is that the design is much better.
The other kit may have more details, but it's a clusterfuck in terms of design.

I'd rather plonk the resin guy on the table.

That's the beauty of being able to choose.
>>
>>53195633
Thanks anon, half the reason I started Sigmar was as I could paint drastically different units and still make an army under one grand alliance.

I've got an ironbark based list to try and be a bit more competitive at 1000 points but I'm tempted to just go full order so I can have some salamanders I've painted up accompany the Dwarves as pets / little magmadroths and spit horrible fire from just behind the lines
>>
>>53192692
Raptors, specifically Longstrikes, are the reason Stormcast are the best army in the game right now. The Aetherstrike battalion is almost unbeatable when played properly.
>>
>>53195409
They wrote themselves into a corner. Lizardmen were isolationists in Lustria and had zero reason to ever fight ogres, bretonnians, tomb kings, etc.

There were infinite elves but somehow also a dying race. There were infinite dark forests with infinite beastmen but somehow not enough to conquer humans or wood elves.

AOS has room to grow. It has mostly been focused on the Realmgates campaign but that's just Act One of a long saga
>>
>>53195845
How is he huge? he takes up less space than the plastic one. And this model is great for alternate warpseers or corruptors

The fucker is even somehow CHEAPER than the GW one

>>53195774
Does he not have any points? i've got the model already i'd love to run him in a Moulder heavy list, that spell would off-set the random movement of the Helpit nicely, and i like his melee weapon and 5++

He looks fun
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-12-22-05-52.png (91KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-12-22-05-52.png
91KB, 480x800px
Rate this list, maximizing flesh eaters return slain units.
>>
>>53195877
Its the 30k sculpts
They are amazing, probably have interns working on the rest
>>
>>53196894
No points for him in the pdf. that's lame

Anyway i gotta say even as a rerelease this is a very interesting Skaven unit, his ability opens up new potential

This also gives us a better glimpse into skaven travel. i had wondered how exactly the Gnaw-holes work and assumed Priests or Seers opened the pathway. they still do but the idea of a half-crazed giant Daemon partially based in reality opening up tunnels and sending the armies through is more appealing
>>
>>53196941
I'm surprised people love 30k so much. I've looked at them, and they're decidedly unimpressive style-wise. Then again, I always hated the early 90's models.
>>
If they make the VLoAT cost more in GH2 I will be very butthurt
In no way is he a 300pt model
>>
>>53192069
I like Arkanauts a lot but that character model is just fucking retarded

They were doing a good job - Steampunk is a shit aesthetic but in the context of dwarves as little clockwork men, it works. There's thematic harmony

And then this fucking faggot comes along, with a literal fucking top-hat. No. No no no.
>>
>>53197134
Who is that, and why is it not worth 300?
>>
>>53197194
>bitching about a model in a faction you don't play and will never buy and will likely never even see played against you on a board irl.
>being more of faggot than steampunk fags.
>>
File: 1485266563139.gif (2MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485266563139.gif
2MB, 222x400px
If the new aelves are nautical themed I will be very disapointed
>>
Ogres don't feel like ogres.

They should feel like unstoppable paintrains smashing into your troops. Instead, unless they get a charge off on something really weak on their own, like goblins, they'll just hit them them get bogged down. There's no feeling of momentum.
>>
>>53197313
If you don't get this feeling then you're playing ogres wrong desu
>>
>>53197313
t. Has never played a game with ogres
>>
>>53197313
Double FL on Stonehorns with brews and bellowing tyrant charging together into something will put out a combined 60 damage before saves. They don't get bogged by goblins, they wouldn't get bogged down by Archaon.
>>
>>53197371
>>53197339
>>53197344
I meant Gutbusters, not BCR.
>>
>>53197292
Maybe the le epbin cogfop neckbeard-tier steampunk shit put him off the faction, dumb shit

>hurrr no one can ever speak ill of anything

Where the fuck do you think you are? /r/warhammer cucks need to leave
>>
>>53197292
>triggered

I acknowledged there might be a gem or two in the steaming puddle of semi-liquid shit that is this abortion of a setting, and you get all offended. Jeez, man.
>>
>>53195550
>post your fluff

I have posted it in the Your Dudes thread, but here it is
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
>>
>>53197404
>white knighting some random dumb shit on 4chan
>calling someone else reddit
did you get cucked by some fat cosplayer in a top hat anon?
>>
>>53197438
>whiteknighting
>Uhh m-maybe this e-epic buzzword will s-save me!!

Nah the dude is more than capable of calling out your immense asspain all by himself

See
>>53197408
>>
>>53197408
I'm always amazed how people decide to let everyone know how much they don't like something instead of moving on. I'd have to spend all day shitting on infinity with that mindset.
>>
While building my first AoS army (FEC) I remembered that I also have a couple of khorne guys from the starter sets still on sprue, so I though "If you are already cutting plastic and sniffing glue, why not get a 2nd aos army ready?".
So currently I own:

3 x Lord with hound
3 x Bloodsecrator
3 x Bloodstoker
3 x Khorgorath
1 x Slaughterpriest (the WD mini)
15 x Blood Warriors
60 x Bloodreavers

Also available are 3 x Scullcrushers and from my 40k minis a greater daemon of khorne.

Are there any other must have units for an army ranging from 1k to 2k points?
>>
>>53197560
But with THAT mindset these threads could only ever be praise. what's wrong with bringing up the good and bad?

You should lurk moar. admittedly he could have voiced his feelings in a more open to discussion manner, but it's just how people talk here, you'll need to get used to it.
>>
>>53197679
Get a second slaughterpriest for the gore pilgrims battalion. 30" bubble of +1 attack is no joke.
>>
>>53197401
>They should feel like unstoppable paintrains smashing into your troops

gutbusters do exactly this

lots of rend-2 multi damage weapons and the destruction battle trait makes them haul ass across the field

basic ogors arent that great but you might be expecting too much from a battleline unit
>>
File: 1494180572789.jpg (90KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
1494180572789.jpg
90KB, 694x530px
>>
>>53197894

Elves don't deserve new releases.
>>
>>53197894
Absolute cancer
>>
List posting

Saurus Sunblood
Skink Starpriest
Saurus Warriors x40 with Alpha, Banner and Drum
Saurus Knights X10 with Alpha and Banner
Terradon Riders X3 with Alpha
>>
File: elf.jpg (15KB, 236x397px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
15KB, 236x397px
>>53197300
Dark elf corsairs armies were never very popular. More of a niche army that a small subset of dark elf players liked. Dark elf players themselves only make up a third or less of people who play elf armies in general. So almost by default you can expect that a release like you described, dark elf pirates, will disappoint somewhere between 90 and 95% of potential customers.
>>
What would you guys recommend for starting Skaven? I just love those skittering little jerks
>>
File: 1492997522306.png (1MB, 1283x652px) Image search: [Google]
1492997522306.png
1MB, 1283x652px
>>53197978
>>53197993
>people aren't supposed to like things I don't like.

no

>>53192643
>>53192708
>>53192719
remember to tell them to follow the rules from their codex
>>
File: sky.jpg (376KB, 1050x751px) Image search: [Google]
sky.jpg
376KB, 1050x751px
>>53197894
>le picard startrek maymay
is it 2002?
>>
>>53198067
stormfeinds with Wolfenstein cannons
doomwheels are fun
Any verminlord is pretty cool
>>
File: shadow elves.jpg (125KB, 867x620px) Image search: [Google]
shadow elves.jpg
125KB, 867x620px
>>53198084
soon
>>
>>53198042
The novel city of secrets has a fleetmaster in it and it kicks all kinds of asshole.
I'm sure they are coming back.
>>
>>53198080
I've got nothing against Aelves personally, but Aelf fans are the most cancerous people in the general and that is fact
>>
File: IMG_2177.jpg (74KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2177.jpg
74KB, 1920x1080px
Requesting a kind anon to photoshop Broks head with top hat on Geoffrey ala "YOU SWINDLED ME"
>>
File: 400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png (96KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png
96KB, 400x260px
>>53198123
>wanting updates for your army
>cancer

no.
>>
File: IMG_3307.png (3MB, 1317x1748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3307.png
3MB, 1317x1748px
Hey guys, I'm looking to start a new army, and I was looking at Bonesplitterz, and I was wondering, is the army itself a horde army? Plus would you guys know the pros and cons of the army itself?
>>
>>53195914
I can't stand Horus heresy shit. I want a Fucking Battletome for Chaos Dwarfs already
>>
>>53198154
Orcs are the American blacks of the Warhammer world.
Bone splittas are the African blacks.

Yes they are a horde army.
Pros:
EZ to paint
Fun units
New tome with new rules

Cons:
Not a crazy range of units or HQ
They are nigs of AoS
>>
>>53198148
Literally a vargheist
>>
>>53198195
>literally the official art for Malarion leader of the shadow elves

ftfy
>>
File: 1494599583895.jpg (74KB, 519x353px) Image search: [Google]
1494599583895.jpg
74KB, 519x353px
>>53198148
Half man
Half dragon
Half elf

I have a feels that GW will either make the horned rat or malekith merge/eat slaanesh and take over as the 4th god
>>
>>53198148
posting the same shitty picture in every general is cancer
>>
>>53198148
>keep spamming the same shit every thread
>get defensive when you get called out on it

I know Aelf-fags are delusional but this just takes the cake
>>
File: Tyrion_2.jpg (95KB, 485x588px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrion_2.jpg
95KB, 485x588px
>>53198121
well that is a move by GW potentially as dumb as the all Slayers Dwarf army was. What they should do is a complete Realm of Life release with Tyrion and Teclis centerpieces then wait a year and do a Realm of Shadow release with Malarion and Morathi centerpieces.
>>
File: 1465998988294.png (393KB, 472x666px) Image search: [Google]
1465998988294.png
393KB, 472x666px
>>53192069
How do we fix death? Here's my thoughts so far:
>Blood Knights get an extra attack, a bump up to a +3 and -1 naturally. They get 60 point increase, and on the charge get d3 damage.
>Vampires get an extra attack, 2 more wounds, a 3+ save, and a 100 point increase.
>Necromancer's Look Out Sir! Rule is now +3, but only has a 1" range. Optionally, add a Lord Necromancer unit that has a +2 look out save, and another spell in addition to the Dahnse that boosts undead troop speed, and a additional wound.
>Ghouls get a additonal +1 to their save when in cover
>Necrosphinx and Tomb Guard are added to Deathrattle, and reintroduced to AoS. Necrosphinx are as usual, Tomb guard are reworked as the more defensive version of Grave Guard
>Black Knights get -1 rend on the charge.

Any suggestions/thoughts?
>>
File: aos-chaos-pantheon[1].jpg (283KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
aos-chaos-pantheon[1].jpg
283KB, 750x745px
>>53198270
also this.
Did we ever get a reason for this or whos symbol it is? Is it malarion?
>>
>>53198328
Death needs completly new factions
>>
>>53198328
>Remove all ghosts
>Remove all vampires
>More skeles
>All skeles get summoning for +skeles
>All heros give +skele to the +skele roll
done.
>>
>>53198121
Literally nobody that likes elves wants fleet corsairs
I will be livid
>>
>>53198372
Except that's literally what you are getting.

>silver tower elves are dark elves
>CoS has a fleetmaster in the story
>Hammerhal comes with the fleetmaster hero
>>
File: 8849390289243.png (882KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
8849390289243.png
882KB, 650x823px
>>53198341
>>
>>53198372
I used to play dark elves in fantasy and I like corsairs
>>
>>53198341
Hashut obviously
>>
File: Warhammer_Malekith_Art[1].jpg (30KB, 300x447px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_Malekith_Art[1].jpg
30KB, 300x447px
>>53198397
I thought he was crushed by rocks?

besides it looks more like this.
>>
File: drakespawnKnights.png (106KB, 309x531px) Image search: [Google]
drakespawnKnights.png
106KB, 309x531px
>>53198272
>>53198285
seriously elf fan you need to stop liking things I don't like and stop wanting things I don't want its super annoying.
too bad.

I seriously hope GHB2.0 fixes these. they are awesome and its such a shame how disgustingly over-points-costed they are
>>
>>53198396
and it literally will be as big a mistake as Fyreslayers
>>
>>53198270
>tfw when the next summer campaign is focused on the War between the Light Aelfs and Shadow Aelfs
>Shadow Aelfs want Malerion/Morathi to eat Slaanesh, and turn the rest of the Aelven souls within her into Shadow Daemons.
>Light Aelfs want to protect Slaanesh, in order to purify the Chaos god, both as a way to gain a powerful ally, and to ensure the protection of all aelfs yet to be born
>The war tears the Order factions apart, with the Stormcast caught in the middle, and even draws the forves of Chaos, Destruction and Death in as well.
>Followers of Chaos either want Slaanesh to outright die or return. A few of Slaanesh's followers even fight on the side of the Light Aelfs, in order to protect their goddess. Khorne, Horned Rat and Archaon want to see her die, Tzneetch and Nurgle want to see her survive, albeit returned to the side of Chaos, in order to exterminate the Horned Rat
>Destruction just wants a good scrap
>Nagash wants all those tasty Aelf souls for himself, sends MOTHERFUCKIN Vlad to get the job done.

Now for the Order factions: Where do they fall?
>>
>>53198476
When IS the new Summer Campaign?
>>
>>53198476
What sorts of rules will shadow elves and light elves have to reprisent this dynamic?
I assume both will be movement and magic heavy, but what sorts of things will shadow and light magic do?
>>
File: kos.jpg (389KB, 809x617px) Image search: [Google]
kos.jpg
389KB, 809x617px
>>53198476
>"purify slaanesh"
That's not how he works nigga.
he gets off on pain and shit, what will they do? empower him with happiness instead?
>>
>>53198476
>Slaanesh
>her
>>
I WANT ELVES!!!!
>here have some corsairs
THEY'RE NOT WHAT I WANTED REEEEEEEEE

There is no pleasing some people
>>
>>53198536
Umm nobody played corsairs in whfb
They are retards if the make them the first release
>>
>>53198476
tzeentch likes the horned rat and uses him as a pawn
>>
>>53198562
Or is it the Horned Rat using Tzeentch as a pawn?
>>
>>53198552
I used to have a corsair army, Lokhir Fellheart was the shit and the models looked great.
>>
>>53198620
You have shit taste then, sorry sweetie.
>>
>>53198080

Remember that "successor chapter" rules still apply in AoS. If someone themes their army around an outpost of a major skyport that adopted it's own color scheme, but kept their tactics, then that's just the way it is
>>
>>53198528
I'm sure I saw an MLP fic like that.
>>
On the subject of elves, shadow elves should really get thrown a bone sometime soon. High Elves should just get squatted.
>>
>>53198476
I think it could go like this:

Light:
>Kharadron-Light elves are more open to trade, and Dark Aelfs regularly attack them, plus the realm of Light has far more Aether-gold
>New Light Aelf faction
>Seraphon have ordained that the possibility of Slaanesh being purged is a great enough risk, and have stepped in in order to deal a blow against Chaos

Shadow:
>Shadow Aelfs
>Fyreslayers-Using great sums of Urgold, Malerion has bought the services of hundreds of Lodges and holds, in order to secure his victory
>Sylvanneth- enraged by Slaaneshes atrocities, and vengeful against the forces of Light Aelfs for supposedly abaddoning her, Araellie seeks to kill Slaanesh once and for all

Stormcast and other Azyr factions are unsure on how to proceed, and are being pressured to join one side or another.
>>
File: khaine.jpg (257KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
khaine.jpg
257KB, 1280x1024px
>>53198536
>pretending not realize it would be a Fyreslayers tier mistake because its more fun to troll people who want non-shit elves.

I see what you did there.

>>53198620
>I used to have a corsair army, Lokhir Fellheart was the shit and the models looked great.

that's awesome. Seriously, right on. But don't kid yourself about the fact that it will appeal to very few people. better explanation here >>53198042
>>
>>53194940
Replace the stormvermin with a rat ogre and you have yourself a nice Willard re-enactment
>>
>>53198761
Just mix the Azyr refugees into single force, instead of splitting them into ten thousand little factions.
>>
>>53198706
>Remember that "successor chapter" rules still apply in AoS
<<citation needed>>
>>
So I just realized that for this summer campaign they wouldn't actually need to completely redo the factions, just rewrite the warscrolls' keywords in addition to a few cool units.

The issue with doing this is of course that it would mean both would fall under order, unless they get creative with battletomes and keyword mixing.
>>
Shadow demon elves when?
A dark eldar meets slaanesh meets roman-gothic aesthetic would make my penis rock solid
>>
>>53198080
KO confirmed to be more orky than actual ork clans: we get rules for our paint schemes
>>
>>53198937
>her
see
>>53198528
>although HE took pains to conceal it from his dark brothers

Slaanesh can take female form but is male
>>
>whfb
>THREE elf armies
>AoS
>ZERO elf releases
Ah yes, its very hard to see why we are vocal about a release, I understand
>>
File: flames.jpg (88KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
flames.jpg
88KB, 800x640px
>>53198476
>>53198767
>people making awesome fluff for Aelves story lines.

approved.
>>
>>53198528
Well clearly, if Slaanesh can be god-napped by two Incarnates, I think that they could redeem him via positive emotions. Furthermore, its obvious Slaanesh's hardcore followers are waining, so the overtly negative emotions from him might be fleeting as well.
>>
File: IMG_4927.jpg (288KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4927.jpg
288KB, 1000x1000px
Thoughts?
>>
>>53199031
You do not understand that Slaanesh is refered to as several different things right?
Both
>Dark Prince
and
>She Who Thirsts
Are legitimate titles of Slaanesh.

Heck the pronouns are used interchangably.

I would even have considered your post a joke if you hadn't already defended this point.
>>
>>53199031
Seriously, it's neither. It's a sacred androgyne. It's like you don't even Michael Manning.
>>
>>53199074
I hope this paves the way for bringing back some of the older forge world monsters
War Mammoth when?
>>
The gender of a god is a moot point you utter crustations
>>
>>53199108
I just want them to start Fucking releasing BATTLETOMES and rules already and for GW to acknowledge FW models in GH2
>>
>>53199108
War mammoth does have rules on the app
>>
File: d03483dfa08ecf82d616763a0b41b89c.jpg (104KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d03483dfa08ecf82d616763a0b41b89c.jpg
104KB, 724x1024px
>>53198323
wood elves too damn it.
>>
File: IMG_4928.jpg (189KB, 698x1014px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4928.jpg
189KB, 698x1014px
>>53199074
Here's the rules. Looks like sayl 2.0 with the survivability of a great unclean one. Dot bad for damage too.
>>
>>53199177
Its tougher than the other verminlords at the least, and an 18" move is pretty good for putting it where you want it.
>>
>>53198101
How are they in the troops department? I dig clanrats and stormvermin!
>>
>>53197300
In my recent RP campaign I retconned it so that Black Arks flew through space like the Seraphon.

Cooler than simple water pirates.
>>
>>53198372
Corsair Dark Elves are fucking awesome, people just didn't buy them because they weren't competitive
>>
>>53199331
There were a lot of other aspects of Dark elves that were more appealing to a lot of people.
>>
>>53199225
Both great. I like my stormies in a 20 man block or two 10 man blocks. Clanrats are excellent.
>>
>>53199177
>all these vermin lords
>still none for Skrye or moulder
>>
>>53199350
I bet you play SoB, slaanesh and wytch elves.
like a faggot.
>>
>>53199177
>rend-2
>4 damage
Thats not bad

>10 wounds
>4+ save

RIP
>>
>>53199383
>those guys who have all-female armies
the cringe
>>
File: Warhammer_Alarielle_Art.jpg (536KB, 1171x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_Alarielle_Art.jpg
536KB, 1171x1500px
>>53199383
>I bet you play SoB, slaanesh and wytch elves

I play all elves indiscriminately and have a large host painted up from every faction. Depending on what I'm feeling like narrative wise I can pull out a lot of different options. I like to pretend my dark elf lord on black dragon is Malekith the Phoenix King leading the united elves into battle. I've got Alarielle the Radiant too and its fun to have games with her at the head of a host of high elves. King and Queen of the elves.
>>
>>53199331
They were the reason I got into dark elves in 6th and 7th.i wish they were semi decent these days so I cloud play them again
>>
>>53199402
what a loser you are
>>
>>53195145
Fucking sweet, he's a nice utility mage for Skaven, has a 5+ ward and does solid damage with full hp
>>
File: 1494353376289.jpg (51KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1494353376289.jpg
51KB, 500x747px
>why yes I do play dwarfs
>>
>>53199397
But also with an additional 5+ from everything
>>
File: 1494606968043.png (20KB, 489x293px) Image search: [Google]
1494606968043.png
20KB, 489x293px
Hmmm
>>
>>53198179
Olk I don't know what African Americans got to do with orcs, but thanks for the replie m8
>>
>>53199898
what the fuck?
>>
>>53199898

>Ayari Mullah Ali
>What are 3 words that let me know i don't have to care about someones opinion?
>>
File: 00322.jpg (3MB, 2048x3072px) Image search: [Google]
00322.jpg
3MB, 2048x3072px
>>53199948
>LITERALLY has a spear-cucker unit
>Brutish
>Primitive
>warpaint
>use sticks and stones
They are black people.
>>
>>53199898
Ah yes, good old standard template to crazy question reply. Anyone who reads anything more into is is a literal retard.
>>
File: wewuz.jpg (120KB, 375x577px) Image search: [Google]
wewuz.jpg
120KB, 375x577px
>>53200018
>>53199898
WE
>>
>>53192069
Pic related is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever seen, what the fuck are they thinking?
>>
>>53200239
Warhams has always had jokes and entire joke races in it.
KO are no different, just another stupid joke like snotlings.
>>
>>53199093
Metal Spider army when?
>>
What kind of people are making KO armies? The kind of person that vapes and has a pet ferret?
>>
>>53200340
Male feminist steampunk enthusiasts.
>>
>>53200340
I'm slowly building one, but mainly because I am a fan of dwarfs and I like their style. I don't vape or own a pet ferret..
>>
File: 1488203198292.jpg (89KB, 327x305px) Image search: [Google]
1488203198292.jpg
89KB, 327x305px
I have no idea what faction I want to play in Sigmar so dubs decides. Keep rerolling to a minimum!
>>
>>53200340
My relatively normie girlfriend, she likes the steam punk aesthetic on the boats and has always enjoyed painting
>>53201065
Cavalry only seraphon
>>
>>53201065
Stormcast.
>>
>>53201065

Kharadron Overlords
>>
What cases do you use /aosg/?
I'm using a Citadel Battle-Size but it's a bit small now that I play both 40k and AOS. I quite like the channel foam system but good god the Crusade is expensive
>>
>>53201065

Thunderscorn.
>>
>>53201065
Dubs for the plague father.
>>
>>53201065
Super-elite Death
Core list being,
Neferata Mortarch of Blood
Morghast Archai x 2
Morghast Archai x 2
>>
>>53201065
Beastclaw Raiders
>>
>>53201065
Clan Pestilens
>>
>>53201065

M O O N C L A N
O
O
N
C
L
A
N
>>
>>53201065
High Elves
>>
>>53201065

Gutbusters
>>
>>53201443
So close

Grot Cavalry
>>
>>53201065
TOMB KANGZ
>>
>>53201065
Blades of Khorne
>>
>>53201065

Flesheater Courts
>>
>>53201065
SKAVEN RATS YES YES
>>
noones getting dubs shieet
>>
>>53201511

You fucking prick.
>>
>>53201065
Slaanesh Daemons
>>
>>53201065
W A R H E A R D
>>
>>53201065
Stormcast, m8.
Hammers of Sigmar only.
>>
>>53201511
Every time

Rolling for Seraphon Behemoth List
>>
>>53201065
Darkling Covens
>>
>>53201511
i got dubs myself? what does this mean kek? what army shall i play?!
>>
>>53201065
Swifthawk Agents
>>
>>53201511
SKAAAAVEN YES YES
>>
>>53201065
YOU SHALL PLAY LEGION OF AZGORH CHAOS DWARFS
>>
File: fiveofdiamonds-1.jpg (74KB, 315x236px) Image search: [Google]
fiveofdiamonds-1.jpg
74KB, 315x236px
>>53201065
the only right choice is tomb kings
>>
>>53201611
You just ebayed him. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
>>
>>53201611
SHIEEET. Do they even have new models??
>>
>>53201611
Winrar

Run a sphinx or you're a fag
>>
>>53201611
SETTRA DOES NOT KNEEL
>>
>"competitive" AOS
>every top tier list is all about crippling your opponent turn 1, and then finishing them on turn 2
>shooting is fine guys, I swear!
>>
>>53201646
also trips/quads/whatever overrides if any of you are desperate
>>
>>53201634
You can make a tomb kangs army with current skeletons
Black knights
and the mortarchs as necrosphynx
a giant conversion as bone giant
grave guard as tomb guard etc.
>>
>>53201646
No, and they never will again
now suffer the double curse of being a death player and a squatted player

or learn to be a converter and a dealer with chinamen
>>
>>53201701
how do I even go about this? why did you choose one of the hardest armies to collect?! KEK HAS FORSAKEN ME!
>>
>>53201737
TK are awesome and powerful.
Kek has chosen you.
>>
File: 1494514758111.webm (3MB, 1694x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494514758111.webm
3MB, 1694x720px
>>53201672
He dared to meddle with the memetic powers and now he will keep the kangz

at best ye shall have reptilian allies
>>
>>53201065
>not picking the army with the aesthetic you like best

what the hell man? Just pretend you never posted this and actually choose one yourself.
>>
>>53201655
Dubs have spoken
>>
>>53201737
>KEK HAS FORSAKEN ME
False.

Tomb Kings are top tier. They only get hard countered by one list, the Aetherstrike, but that list also counters everything else in the game
>>
>>53201664

Name a competitive game that doesn't work like this.
>>
File: WarhammerBretonniaArmy_854.jpg (105KB, 350x482px) Image search: [Google]
WarhammerBretonniaArmy_854.jpg
105KB, 350x482px
>>53201672
For The Lady!
>>
>>53201737
>nagash and magnus as basis for hierotitan and bone giants
>arkhan as leader
>convert skeleton warriors and knights with thousands sons bits
>convert thousans sons and stormcast as heavily armoured statues
>convert tzaangors to living statues of not!ra
>convert necrons to give your kangs full on high tier stargate magitech
>ghouls into still living slaves
>get in touch with chinaman for settra, tomb guard, sneks and sphinxes
>>
How many wounds should a 1000 point list carry?
>>
>>53195200
In the old lizardmen lore they were more primal and clock work.

Skinks were capable of free thought and made all the art on the temples and what not. They took care of the slann and made sure the saurus were doing what they needed to do. They had their own religion and priesthood. It was the skinks who wanted to summon their god with the blood of the skaven.

Saurus are more subject to their instinct. They eat, sleep and do their job, that is about it. They live forever if they don't get killed so you have some old ones that have more personality, but suarus don't do much outside of what they were spawned to do.

Kroxigor are the most primal of lizardmen. While a saurus knows how to use a weapon and stay in rank and file, kroxigor do not. Saurus can organize themselves without the skinks, but kroxigor need the skinks to tell them what to do. In addition, they don't really understand weapons, they use weapons because the weapons are chained to their arms. They are also subject to going primal and just eating the things they kill instead of killing more.

All the other dinos are pure beasts and not lizardmen. They require the skinks to train and control them. Only the carnasaur and cold ones are controlled by the saurus.
>>
>>53198323
Guessing you mean realm of light

I expect Teclis is gone for good, he was totally burned up at the end of End Times. Probably just Tyrion and Malerion.
>>
File: 0_9e7fd_f62b606f_orig.jpg (160KB, 1032x486px) Image search: [Google]
0_9e7fd_f62b606f_orig.jpg
160KB, 1032x486px
>>53202175
>light
yep

nah, Teclis confirmed alive in the new setting. Blind though, sees through Tyrion's eyes.
>>
>>53198552
They sure as hell did when the newer models came out. That changed with the 8th ed book but before that corsairs with sea serpent standard were fucking brutal.
>>
>>53202301
On that subject, does anyone know any good alternatives for the Fleetmaster model? I have the official one, but I'm going to have three in the little 1k army I'm building and I don't want the same guy three times.
>>
>>53202315
Yeah use generic black arc corsair dudes with headswaps and fancy bases.
They have the cloaks so they fit in,
>>
>>53202355
Wondering what to headswap them with

Wych heads maybe
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (228KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
228KB, 1128x1600px
>people pay £180 for this paint job
I better start airbrushing and get some extra cash
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!.png (1MB, 1080x1672px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!.png
1MB, 1080x1672px
>>53202774
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
>>
>>53202774
Why is Mannfred a KANG?
>>
>>53202774
>blood splatter
Such a pleb thing to add onto stuff
Even vampires
Khorne is acceptable
>>
>>53202774
>>53202806
>Didn't even fill the gaps

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>53202774
180 for the model and paint or just the paintjob?
>>
>>53203023
model and paint job
>>
>>53198179
Racist, GTFO.
>>
>>53199331
I fucking love Corsair Dark Elves
>>
>>53202774

Ugh, Mannfred is such a smooth badass in the audio books. A lot more of the tophat-and-cane, aristocratic-style vampire than the raging, ravening "I'm gonna eat you" face his model has.
>>
>>53199997
Most cultures used spears, many Celtic, Indian, Indonesian, Native American ect used warpaint. Savage orcs, are less evolved, all humans used sticks and stones at one point in their culture.
>>
>>53202806
>those gaps

Looks like he has lipstick on too.
>>
>>53204271
Do you think hes pretty?
>>
How many wyldwoods do you think a Sylvaneth army should have prepared? 3?
>>
>>53204505
3 at least. I'd say 5-6 would be ideal. Technically up to 3 can be placed as just "one" wildwood, so you can just crap out a bunch.
>>
>>53202128
>Using the right plural forms
You're a true gentleman
>>
>>53193019
Because GW sucks at making elite armies. They literally overload single models with so many fucking rules, making it absolutely no fun to play against.
>>
>>53204763
>6 mortal wounds on a 2+
Nothin personell
>>
>>53204794
>Not shooting the dick off it before it can charge you
>Not running like hell
Footslogging barbarians
>>
>>53198536
I would totally be down for some corsairs.
>>
>>53204763
So you want LESS rules to go with your tiny model count and minimalist unit range for almost no thinking or creativity when playing/building such armies?

Do you want a little robot that moves the models round the board and rolls dice for you too? maybe rock paper scissors is a better game for you
>>
>>53204005
Curse word user, please leave.
>>
File: Untitled.png (340KB, 947x659px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
340KB, 947x659px
DUDE! What the FUCK?!
>>
>>53204891
What are you on about? I want rules that are fun to play against and not some frustrating bs.
>>
File: realdollars.jpg (113KB, 1132x605px) Image search: [Google]
realdollars.jpg
113KB, 1132x605px
>>53204949
Guaranteed replies?
>>
>>53205090
Dollary doos maight
>>
>>53205164
>shit is more expenive in the pacific. more news at 11
Seriously, complaining about GW prices from NZ and AUS is pretty much old hat and a moot point. Everyone knows it.

At this point posting the dollarydoos amount without specifying they are NZ or AUS prices is meant to incite rage and guaranteed replies because it makes things look worse than they actually are.

IE: you are doing it for the sole intent to troll and not legitimately voice your concern.

Ergo, get fucked.
>>
>>53205090
>Didnt notice
read the title
>>
>>53201646
>>53201672
Skaven reign
trips quads or 13 and it is written
>>
>>53205195
Wasn't me that posted the price faggot, I was just reminding you that other countries exist
>>
File: 60572.jpg (86KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
60572.jpg
86KB, 1024x478px
was at work and missed all the fun from
>>53197894
to
>>53199476

I want elves too.

not the pirate kind either
>>
File: KANGZ.png (101KB, 1861x319px) Image search: [Google]
KANGZ.png
101KB, 1861x319px
I shall remember this /tg/, you may see me soon with my tomb kangz army...
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>53201737
>>53201754
>>53201816
>>53201954
Just realized kek is an egyptian god and he chose tomb kangz. Truly is fate.
>>
>>53198328
>>Blood Knights get an extra attack, a bump up to a +3 and -1 naturally. They get 60 point increase, and on the charge get d3 damage.
>>Vampires get an extra attack, 2 more wounds, a 3+ save, and a 100 point increase.

These are literally nerfs.

They need non shitty magic. I want Arkhan cranking out 9 mortal wounds per turn from spells like a lord of change.
Their -1 hit bubbles need to extend out beyond melee range so they actually have some shooting cover.
Give them some mobility that can compete with destructions 20" charges, or stormcast, or Skyfires, or Sayl.
A viable general option between 140 and 440 points.
>>
>>53199402
It's not cringe if you run something besides just "hurr durr muh half naked sexytimes demons and muh bikini elves"
>>
>>53202966
What about Beastmen?
>>
There is any clue about a date and a next release? Or all remains in the mistery for now?
>>
File: chaosgaminggroup.png (219KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
chaosgaminggroup.png
219KB, 700x700px
So I downloaded the age of sigmar app and was told Slaanesh rules exist on it, I type Slaanesh in under warscrolls and get the Slaanesh Daemon formation, but cant find the rules for the actual units.

Just trying to get into the game, was told the phone app was the best way to go. How do I go about getting rules for Slaanesh Daemons from the phone app?
>>
File: empiredust.jpg (236KB, 1306x979px) Image search: [Google]
empiredust.jpg
236KB, 1306x979px
>>53201646
>>53201701
The best you can hope for is to get old Tomb Kings models off ebay or get Mantic Games' new Empire of Dust Models.
>>
>>53207734
God damn Mantic will never NOT look like garbage in my eyes.
>>
>>53192193
Wardancers are actually a ridiculously efficient unit for their point cost.

You can throw a unit into most things and they will do well enough to justify their cost.
>>
>>53207630
Why did you go to 4chan for Games Workshop customer service?
>>
>>53207925
Why are you a cunt?
>>
>>53207630
Search for the actual unit name bro (daemonettes or keeper of secrets, etc.) Or set your faction to hosts of Slaanesh and it will only show the relevant ones.
>>
why did kek suggest a fucking discontinued faction for me.
>>
>>53208329
They were trolling you, so they could see these very same posts. This is what you get for letting 4chan make decisions for you.
>>
Just ordered a Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness box. Gonna do them Slaanesh theme.

What's the next thing to fill out the army? More troops, a monster, a lord? I was thinking of grabbing one of the old metal Slaanesh lords because that snake thing is cool as fuck.
>>
File: slaanesh1.png (224KB, 600x796px) Image search: [Google]
slaanesh1.png
224KB, 600x796px
>>53208061
Ty I was looking for Daemons of Slaanesh instead of Hosts of Slaanesh. Can you explain the chaos sorcerer summoning deal? Does that have to be the specific Chaos Sorcerer model or any Chaos character with magic?

>>53208701
Welcome to the greatest faction, praise Slaanesh.
>>
>>53208701
Make the 10 chaos warriors. You should have 2 extras. Make the chaos chariot, and whether you do the gorebeast or horses, that should leave you and extra mount that you can stick a spare chaos warrior on so you have a kitbashed chaos lord on mount.

Next if you're doing slaanesh, go into some daemonettes, seekers, chariots, etc
>>
>>53208797
I've got some Juan Diaz daemonettes. Do the new plastic ones still kinda mesh if I were to run them together, or would it clash horribly?
>>
>>53208852
If anything it will give your army some variety, help prevent clone troopers syndrome.
>>
So, I have all this tzeentch shit I don't use in 40k anymore because it's plain unfun for everyone involved (hopefully that will change for 8th), but then I remembered they exist in AoS, too. They even got a new book, which I started reading through. Are the daemon formations worth using? I was looking through them and at first glance, they look to have the same problems as the ones in 40k, which is excessive unit bloat because "Lol God numbers xDdd". Am I wrong here?

Also, the daemons aren't super broken are they? My shit is basically an old metal LoC, 3 princes (they were ranged heavy support in 5th), a changeling, about 40 horrors, a few Heralds (one on a disc), 5 metal screamers, and 7 flamers, which I think is it. Basically, I have old stuff. I have a new player in my show starting up with the stormcast half of the starter set plus some judicators I think, and I don't want to scare him away.
>>
>>53209015

Tzeentch is one of the most powerful shits right now specially Skyfires, demons are in good spot too but its all about your list if you are trying to have fun i would the tzeentch beastmen. so with the things you already have (Lord of Change a few heralds, horrors, screamers and flamers) you should be fine and had a good list to have fun
>>
in matched play, if i run a formation or battalion or whatever, i still need to meet the battleline requirements, right? the formation doesnt supercede it?
>>
>>53209316
also, is Nurgles Deluge formation legal in matched? finding what formations i can and cant use is confusing
>>
>>53209192

Yea, I wasn't planning on going into arcanites yet because I already have wood elves and Sylvaneth as far as AoS goes. I MIGHT add a Tzeentch SC! to my roster at some point, though I admit the new LoC has grown on me a bit.

So anyway, daemons are fine? That's good. How are the formations? Worth using or just don't bother?
>>
>>53209363
Daemons can be used for 40k and AoS, and any chaos sorcerer can summon them.

Skaven, Slaves, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Chaos Dwarves, whatever your army is, you can pick and choose whatever daemon unit and attempt to summon it, based on the situation you're in. You Must set aside points for them.

The being said, Tzeentch having a new battle tome means that they are super solid, and the tally band of Nurgle is amazing.
>>
>>53209969

I already have the daemons. In fact, I also have a bunch of bloodletters, too. I was just curious about how their formations were because they seem heavily bloated like 40k because they just have to go with tzeentch's magical 9 number.
>>
>>53209316
That is true. But battle line units in the formation do count towards the needed amount.
If it's got a points cost in the GHB it's legal, it'll be under the army points cost
>>
>>53198706
>citation needed
>>
File: gHIPzLX.png (190KB, 531x333px) Image search: [Google]
gHIPzLX.png
190KB, 531x333px
>>53198080
Again?
>>
>>53211285
Tzeentch demons are the weak half of the faction, there's one viable formation with multitudinous host based around drowning the opponent in worthless horrors while your combat magic takes them apart.
>>
>>53214298
there are no rules that you <<must>> paint your blimps in any way. You can <<choose>> to paint them in a way that will give you access to special rules. I think you are having a reading comprehension issue.
>>
>>53201065
Skaven
>>
>>53202048
It varies a lot. For example 2 plague monks has the same amount of wounds as a liberator, but the liberator's 4+ save would block half the wounds dealt to him. This makes the 2 plague monks able to take 2 wounding hits before dying, while the liberator can take 3 to 4 before going down.
>>
>>53202048
Some armies are high wound, some high damage, some high mortal wound, and some have a third advantage like speed, range, or abilities that even the field.

Khorne bloodbound for instance is high wound high damage with its buffs up, still not a top tier army since it lacks any variety of defence mechanisms to keep its guys alive.

Beastclaw on the other hand has speed, high single model wounds, and a variety of healing and defense to make its damage matter while its enemies damage is blunted.
>>
>>53214884
I don't trust u and your so called "reading comprehension", show me official answer, or named "one" GW/flgs stick with your "paintgate".
>>
>>53215268
"For example, if you paint your miniatures in the blue and yellow livery of Barkar-Zilfin, your skyvessles will be swifter and harder to bring down!"

GW even wrote you an example because they anticipated you would have trouble understanding.
>>
>>53215382
it says you CAN and MAY paint your miniatures to get special rules, not that you have to. It also says that IF you paint them with certain colors, they will have certain rules, but it DOESN'T say that they CAN'T have those rules if you DON'T.
>>
>>53215473
>it says you CAN and MAY paint your miniatures to get special rules, not that you have to

exactly. you don't "have to". If you <<choose>> not to then you don't get the special rules.
>>
>>53208701
I congratulate you on your decision but be warned you're playing one of the weaker armies around, but what can you say the Dark prince expects perfection

carefull when mixing Chaos Warriors with daemonettes,It sounds smart as the Warriors are beefy while the daemonettes are fast super killy but super fragile. since chaos warriors are only half as slow (if they dont run) as daemonettes yo might find yourself in the mistake of having them run off whilst your Warriors are slogging behind.

Also have a look at the daemon chariots as they cause mortal wounds on their charge for each model. WHich can be pretty good when charging into a 20man unit that is already locked in combat potentially killing them in battleshock
>>
>show me official answer, or named "one" GW/flgs stick with your "paintgate".

>>53215382
>>53215516
Stop it, get some help(from GW Facebook or any flgs), I don't trust any word from your mouth.
>>
How good are Skaven in AoS?
>>
>>53215579
don't take my word for it. Just read and follow the rules as written in the KO codex. >>53198080

GW even made their intent clear with an example that a 5 year old can understand.
>>
>>53215615
>a 5 year old can understand

>>53215268

You are 4 something?
>>
>>53192643
While I do not play against KO players regularily, I still want to say that the KO are a welcome addition to the game. I enjoy the aesthetics of the army, enough so that I do not mind their brutal firepower versus my humble greenskinz.
>>
>>53192643
You should never care about anything said on /tg/ about any faction

The people spewing hate for certain factions are a select few pathetic sperglords
>>
>>53204074
Fantasy/AoS Vampires can control their appearance, but in battle they go bloodlust and their true bestial visage emerges.

Take a look at the Isabella Von Carstein model for example. Normally she's hauntingly beautiful, but her model portrays her in battle, her fangs bared and brow shaded.
>>
>>53215579
>it says that if I clean my room I get a cookie but it doesn't say that if I don't clean my room that I still don't get a cookie. The example says that when Johnny cleaned his room he got a cookie but I am still going to take a cookie without cleaning my room because no one has convinced me that isn't how the rules work.
>>
>>53215581
Skaven has some filthy units. Stormfiend or Stormvermin bombs, 12 Jezzails with lord of war, buffed plague monk units with 200 attacks that pile in again when they die.
>>
I've been playing a Brayherd heavy army for almost a year now. After a 1500 pts game against Tree-people, I've noticed two things:

>1. Furious brayherd is overcosted with the Ungor tax (and the inability to have those ungors be raiders instead).

With how aggressive they should be played the formation is almost an auto-include. But under 2000 pts its costs really takes a lot away for mortal wound dealing units.

>2. Brayherds are don't have enough special damage (low rend, weak mortal wound output).

Without branching into Skyre weapons, the Beastmen have huge weaknesses compared to any of the army booked races. However, at larger pts values (2K plus) this is becomes a non issue.

Anywho; any other Bray/Warherd players out there? I still love getting out there and jobbing it up for Chaos.
>>
>>53215897

Im not a beastmen player but i play khorne demons and slave of darkness and until now i cannot understand why GW dont allow marks for the cow and sheep people, i expect they solve this issue and the ones you say in a future (near) battletome
>>
File: wt_20130301_20-35-55.jpg (259KB, 773x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wt_20130301_20-35-55.jpg
259KB, 773x1024px
I had bought round bases for my old spiderfangs.

How do you guys glue the spiders on flat bases?

The old square bases had pegs for holding up the spiders.
>>
>>53216399
Guess you might glue a piece of sprue in between on both ends. Paint it as a spider wang for extra points.
>>
>>53216399
cut the pegs off the old bases and glue them to the new bases. use textured base pant to blend the edge. done.
>>
>>53216252
Hmm 12 minotaurs marked khorne, + Bloodsecrator, Doombull CA, Lord of War, Bullgor Stampede, Sayl.

36 attacks hit on 3+, 24 wound rolls on 2+, 16 extra attacks, 33 success = 99 rend-2 damage.
>>
>>53216420

Now you make me remind of old hentai comic Fairy Fetish....

>>53216423

For a moment ago, I almost thought about using old base on round base. Thank anon, I will try it out.
>>
>>53215773
Stop.

You are nobody, unless u show me some evidence from 3rd party.
>>
New thread
>>53216717
>>53216717
>>53216717
>>
>>53215897
Brayherd here! Friend gifted me a cygor I'm working on.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.