[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 423
Thread images: 43

File: 1487237468270.jpg (128KB, 578x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487237468270.jpg
128KB, 578x1000px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Gorum Edition: Does your character like war? Or is the previous statement wrong, and your character LOVES WAR?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread: >>53170207
>>
>>53177390
Either got the quicken the spell or get a rod to quicken the hex.

Quickened hexes are dumb strong.

With it you can:
>round 1 Evil Eye + Misfortune + Cackle
>round 2 Demoralize + Ill Omen
>they now have -6 to saves and roll 3 times, take worst.
>>
>>53177569
War is a business. It's ugly, it's horrible, and he'd give it up if he could. But it's what makes money.

Best just to look on the bright side and enjoy the company he's got while he's out on the battlefield. They seem like good people.
>>
I just can't get into Gorum. I find him thematically boring, his alignment is totally unappealing, and he doesn't even have any interesting relationships with other deities that might redeem him.
>>
>>53177584
What hexes are good if you aren't really a witch a-la hexcrafter ect?
>>
I'm to run my first Pathfinder adventure 7 days from now. We are using the "Carrion Crown" adventure path, got any advice for me ? Players are all new to Pathfinder but are good gamers that actually read the rule books.
>>
>>53177617
Believe in yourself and don't be afraid to make shit up on the fly
>>
File: Asmodeus.jpg (80KB, 496x750px) Image search: [Google]
Asmodeus.jpg
80KB, 496x750px
>>53177602
Pic related is bros with Gorum, incidentally.
>>
>>53177602
I find Gorum interesting but for reasons I don't think Paizo intended. His depictions are extremely inconsistent even for Golarion deities, and sometimes he comes off as more Lawful Good than actual LG gods. His followers worst enemies being each other opens up some interesting space too, as well as his somewhat mercenary relationship with other gods.

I'm sure it's just poor writing by Paizo, but I really like multiple interpretations of a god.
>>
File: IMG_0193.jpg (205KB, 825x1075px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
205KB, 825x1075px
How do I maximum steal with a gestalt character?

I've already got Unchained Rogue (Filcher, Hidden Blade) on one side of the gestalt, so I'm running off Sleight of Hand to power my steal combat maneuvers instead of CMB, as well as Sleight of Hand/Appraise bonuses from the wyvaran greed trait.

What other classes would do well to maximize bonuses to steal maneuvers? I'd like to have Dex and Cha as my primary stats.

At the moment I'm thinking maybe Fighter (Lore Warden) for the CMB bonuses and the maxed BAB, and then after level 7 or 8 (weapon training, +4 bonuses, steal benefits) switching to a different pair of classes.
>>
>>53177668
Gorum makes sense as a god, similarly to how the Orc Daedric Prince from elder scrolls makes snse
>>
Why are so many of the Serpent's Skull applications clearly jokes or dumb ideas?
>>
>>53177684
Because Rory deserves shitty memes
>>
>>53177642
So Literal Satan, one of the other worst deities, is his pal? Not really a selling point, Holmes.
>>
File: 1491324328393.jpg (87KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
1491324328393.jpg
87KB, 600x638px
I can't emphasize the importance of this enough, /pfg/: PM your crush.
There is NO REASON to sit on your hands and hope for the best, when you could be putting yourself out there and making a real connection. If it doesn't work out, at least you'll know! Uncertainty will destroy you, but PMing your crush will set you free.
>>
File: 1449125845116.png (692KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449125845116.png
692KB, 963x720px
>>53177703
>Papa Asmodeus
>One of the worst deities
>>
>>53177732
>I can't emphasize the importance of this enough, /pfg/: PM your crush.

Is this fucking high school? Are you all children? Holy shit.
>>
>>53177584
How do you quicken hexes? You do realize that metamagic rods won't work on those, right?
>>
>>53177732
I did, and I couldn't be happier.
Though I still get all a-flutter when it comes close to game-time, 'cause I always wonder what sorts of character moments might arise!
>>
>>53177750
Honestly, have you seen the posts here, Anon?
>>
>>53177765
Any cute greentext? Maybe some testimonials will encourage shy Anons.
>>
>>53177757
You use Rod of Abrupt Hexes:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rods/rod-of-abrupt-hexes/
>>
>>53177782
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rods/rod-of-abrupt-hexes/
>75k
>doesn't even work with advanced or major hexes
Ouch. That' pretty damn expensive.
>>
File: 1469806520451.png (77KB, 198x315px) Image search: [Google]
1469806520451.png
77KB, 198x315px
>>53177569
The central antagonist of the campaign I have planned is trying to enact Odo Nobunaga's "One World by force of arms."

So yeah.
>>
>>53177769
I'm not even bothered by the lewdposting or the meme games, it's this cutesy shit I keep seeing that just outright confuses me. It's just impossible imagining a grown man typing that post. Maybe I'm getting too old.
>>
>>53177732
>player who joined a game I was in started PMing me about a year ago and we've been best friends ever since
>>
>>53177776
Well, there's not much to tell yet, but RPing some back-and-forth IC barbs is pretty fun, especially when it can feed right into talking backstory and business.
>>
>>53177821
This is Blingmaker again isn't it.
>>
File: lost.gif (4MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
lost.gif
4MB, 500x280px
Question for people who know Mystjc a lot better than I do:

Is there any reason to not remove their dumbass recovery/maneuver granting mechanic in-favor of a normal one?
>>
>>53177799
Maybe you're just new.
>>
Is it too busy to gestalt a full caster with an initiator? Is that just too much different stuff, most of which won't get used in encounters?

For context, I'm thinking Warlord||Oracle.
>>
>>53177838
The reason is that it's strong and some players like it.
If you would give them a normal one then make it free action like bushi, at least.
>>
>>53177829
But if it's Blingmaker, who could it be?! I hope it's the cute one (Viviana) chatting up one of those handsome hunks.
>>
>>53177733
Asmodeus is one of the worst deities you contrarian.
>>
>>53177856
Full caster/full initiator is the classic cheese combo of 'can be a lot of fun but GM will keep an eye on you to make sure you're not powergaming because it's probably the strongest type of gestalt combo available'

You lean on initiating to carry you in combat then save all your spells to warp the narrative outside of it.
>>
>>53177851
Nah, I don't think that's it.
>>
>>53177856
Depends. Initiators can make a pretty damn good passive side if you don't need swift actions and focus your maneuvers on counters(and boosts, to an extent).
>>
>>53177733
Asmodeus is fucking awful. You idiots just pretend to like him because he's so fucking awful that it tickles your memebone or some shit.

Even Zon-Zon is a better Lawful Evil god, and he's a fucking joke!
>>
>>53177884
>>53177891
I wanted to be a Warlord first and foremost. I found Oracle because I adore the flavor of the Mysteries and Curses, and some of the Revelations had neat synergy, including one that helps me get rid of pesky Dexterity. I'm absolutely fine with using spells outside of combat only, except in crazy emergency situations.
>>
>>53177898
>You idiots just pretend to like him
Actually, yes. Only a minority here *really* likes Asmodeus, but he's so unabashedly evil that it's impossible to hate him. It's like how 40k shitposters pretend to react violently to "heresy"--it's just to keep the memes alive and give themselves an excuse to shitpost.
>>
File: 1493582920645.jpg (122KB, 1200x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493582920645.jpg
122KB, 1200x625px
So how is the Inquisitor class? Was debating making a Living Grimoire for an upcoming campaign a friend of mine is prepping.
>>
>>53177907
Saving all your spells for out of combat is exactly what makes it so strong.
But yep, it's a lot of fun if your DM trusts you.
>>
>>53177928
Inquisitor is fucking great.

Living Grimoire is pretty bad, though.
>>
File: Dancouga.jpg (376KB, 519x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga.jpg
376KB, 519x3500px
>>53177898
>God of pragmatism and playing it smart
>God of properly rewarding one's minions
>God that puts Order before any of his evil plans, purging demons and worse always coming before any interests in messing with the forces of Good
>God of utter and complete smugness
>Awful
>>
>>53177928
It's solid enough
>>
File: 1477544677351.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1477544677351.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>53177943
Sorry, I just like the idea of beating people over the head with a book.
>>
>>53177946
Anon, he's the god of Tyranny, Slavery, and Extortion. He's a bad influence, plain and simple. The existence of worse beings doesn't magically absolve him of guilt.

He's just a jerk, and he needs to go. Let someone like Abadar or Torag take the reins and manage his assets, but give Asmodeus the boot.
>>
>>53177882
Are we even sure Viviana swings that way? She's keeping her options aaaaawfully limited if she's only interested in men, considering the eligible bachelorettes strutting their stuff.
>>
File: 2413657-skeletor.jpg (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2413657-skeletor.jpg
91KB, 800x600px
>>53177909
The thing is that a sometimes you don't want a relateable villain.

You don't want an antagonistic victim of circumstance.

Sometimes you just want motherfucking Skeletor.
>>
>>53177992
I don't see why anyone would want the two harlots. Franze sounds interesting, though. Aren't they both redeemed/former criminals?
>>
>>53178018
'NYAAH
>>
>>53177992
She mentioned having been with women before in the first session.
>>
>>53178018
But Urgathoa, Norgorber, Rovagug, and Lamashtu are all better Pointlessly Evil villains, since Asmodeus is still shackled by his idiotic "Muh Law Preserves the Great Wheel" garbage. He can never be Skeletor.
>>
>>53177980
>A Lawful Evil god being Evil makes him bad
epic
>>
>>53177882
I've got a weird time with Blingmaker. I'm not bothered by it at all but I can't get excited over the shipping even though I'm a shipperfag. It's like, I know between the AP and the players posting that people will definitely pair off and there's some amount of planning on how it'll happen and that makes me care less.

It's like the difference between high school gossip about the regular suspects dating each other in their groups vs the gossip about whether or not those two kids in your science class are dating or just friends.
>>
File: Forbidden Love.jpg (79KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden Love.jpg
79KB, 402x564px
>>53178041
>>
>>53178042
Yes, but he's still openly, cacklingly evil.

But he's the kind of evil that lets you cause your own downfall so when it happens you can't really get too mad at him since it was you being an idiot that led to this outcome.

And then he just rests his chin on the back of his wrist and looks at you, all smug-like.
>>
>>53178042
I miss when Urgathoa was an interesting example of a bad deity that gives people a compelling reason to worship them. Before they added all the baby eating and shit.
>>
File: 1484426714197.jpg (418KB, 1104x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1484426714197.jpg
418KB, 1104x1530px
>>53177980
>Tyranny, Slavery
Alright, he's lawful evil, we both know it.
>Extortion
That's pure defamation. Asmodeus prides himself in his contracts.
>He's a bad influence
Oh, like helping keep the Worldwound contained? Or being one of the people that can convince Gorum of something? Or one of the guys that gives Iomedae council? Oh, and it's Hell that is keeping Cheliax from collapsing onto itself and drowning the whole region into chaos.
>Abadar, Torag
Both have other interests than the law which they place at a higher priority, namely Cities+Moneymaking and the Forge. Only Asmodeus can utterly dedicate himself to the enforcement of the law.
>>
[5:22 PM] Taveena: There's going to be a public 'playtest' of the errata, more to catch anything we missed than an actual balance pass. There's no intention to ever do grapple maneuvers for reasons that I can't remember and wasn't involved in the decision-making process of.
[5:22 PM] Taveena: Currently there's an effort to put up all the non-maneuver errata real soon, as it's actually done and shows we haven't been sitting with our thumbs up our asses for two years.
[5:22 PM] Taveena: Only most of the two years.
[5:24 PM] Taveena: I'm finally working on errataing the actual maneuvers. (Other than BB/PF). Presently up to Endurance of the Strong. 3289 words into it, and still 7 and a third discs to go.
[5:24 PM] Taveena: this is not a small project. u_u
>>
>>53178080
I can never tell if /co/ is SJW or not.
>>
>>53178047
>I know between the AP and the players posting that people will definitely pair off and there's some amount of planning on how it'll happen

How can you even know that? How well do you know these people? Or is it mostly the adventure? (I've never played it...)
>>
>>53177943
I thought people liked Living Grimoire? What's wrong with it? I've never played it myself.
>>
>>53178080
Nope. Excuses, excuses. A true hero would destroy both greatest and intermediate evils. You can't forgive Asmodeus just because there are things that are arguably worse out there. That's not even logical, and it certainly isn't Justice.
>>
>>53178073
Wait, wait, I thought she always dug the cannibal experience. She's always been associated with ghouls, and they eat people, Anon.
>>
Hey. I wanna play a fighter in pathfinder, but everyone says they're underpowered compared to a cleric or even a hunter. I had an idea for a character I like - I built a "half-ogre" race using the race building rules (because the vanilla races are shit when it comes to physical bonuses) who is Large, gets +4 Con +4 Str and -2 Dex and is Hardy and Healthy using 20RP. Is this okay or is it broken?

My plan is to run a 2-handed half-ogre fighter. I've heard fighters are underpowered/less useful than other classes. I want to be capable, but the only non-magical class that's even able to do things something besides beat things is Mutagen Fighter, and that's only because they can have wings.

I really like Titan Fighters too but their rules are garbage. I heard about an old 3.5 feat called "Monkey Grip". My plan is to ask the GM if I can have this as a bonus feat at level 7ish, which would let me pack a 4d6 Greatsword. Is this okay or would it be broken? It doesn't seem too bared compared to the aforementioned Mutagen Fighter, but I haven't seen a pathfinder game in action myself so I don't know. How does it compare with damage dealt by other classes at a similar level?

Any advice would be appreciated
>>
>>53178121
Advanced Weapon and Armor Training helps Fighter a whole bunch, thankfully, so they're not nearly as bad as they used to be. I would strongly consider not fussing with the Monkey Grip or an adaptation thereof, and instead just focusing on stalwarts like Power Attack.
>>
>>53178109
Except he isn't Good, doesn't pretend to be, and neither am I. Good is a fraud and a hack, something passed down by some overdeity who just decided that this is going to be Good now.
>>
>>53178096
There's definitely a population of those types on /co/, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>53178081
Gareth (and I think also Forrest) have talked extensively about why grappling doesn't fit with maneuvers.

There are /some/ maneuvers that interact with grappling, but not enough conceptual space to make a whole discipline about them which fits with what the PoW team wants initiating to be.
>>
>>53178140
>Good is a fraud and a hack, something passed down by some overdeity who just decided that this is going to be Good now

Anon, you're drunk. The wicked must be defeated to protect the innocent. This is basic stuff.
>>
File: 1475383467765.jpg (44KB, 725x411px) Image search: [Google]
1475383467765.jpg
44KB, 725x411px
Alright guys
If your character is in a world where androids exist, how would he answer this question?
>>
>>53178149
That's not how it works in Pathfinder, and nobody is truly innocent, and sometimes people are forced to choose between themselves and another through no fault of their own.
>>
>>53178161
>That's not how it works in Pathfinder
There's no Justice in Pathfinder? You're confusing me with this bizarre generalizations!
>nobody is truly innocent
See answer to above
>sometimes people are forced to choose between themselves and another through no fault of their own.
If it's not their fault, they aren't wicked villains like you, Anon. They're your victims!
>>
>>53178109
>A true hero would destroy
If he could. Asmodeus is the biggest and ancient chessmaster, constantly altering the delicate power balance in Golarion without making it all fall apart. He knows the hero will be coming, and knows precisely how to fool his attempts or to give him a reason not to do so.
And remember, while it is the first betrayal what made Asmodeus evil, he did it to stop the biggest war amongst the gods. With Ihys's death and his retreat to Hell, peace amongst the gods returned, if temporarily, and such a massive war never came to be again.
Asmodeus is not to be forgiven, but accepted. Because it would be utterly anathema to his nature to express regret over his own actions, and thus would never ask for pardon.
>>
>>53178098
>>53178047
All in all, the hype seems to have made Blingmaker an automatic dud. It won't ever be as exciting as it was in the application stage.
The AP doesn't actually have any waifus, so we have nobody to gossip and shitpost about.
It's all wilderness hex crawling so there's no community to gossip and shitpost about.
The PCs all seem like they have this strange tension between them because they've been overshipped and it's impossible to tell what's shitposting and what's actual player-on-player flirting.
Half evil characters means they're probably going to be at each other's throats once the kingdom-building starts up.
The location is so bog-standard and boring that there's no chance of extraordinary circumstances shaking up the group dynamic.

It's a campaign built on memes. A house of cards.
Maybe the GM can save it. Maybe.
But I doubt it.
>>
>>53178173
>There's no Justice in Pathfinder? You're confusing me with this bizarre generalizations!
No there isn't, there's Good which is simply defined.
>>
>>53178098
I don't personally know any of them but a couple post in character around here and talk about the shipping game. I've played the AP and it's meant to run over a long timespan and assumes at least one PC will be married, most likely to another PC.

I'm not opposed to shipposting or Blingmaker coverage or anything, it just doesn't get me interested like Valimir does. Everybody pairing up with each other seems like a foregone conclusion and I expect the ships to establish themselves really quickly.
>>
>>53178175
Wasn't PLD "hyped"? And iirc WuBu fucked with the setting a lot anyay so eh
>>
>>53178147
lock does the same thing conceptually
>>
>>53178139
Cheers. I was planning on taking those anyway, I just figured fighters got so many feats one which lets me live out my dreams of squishing people with a giant stone sword was worth taking.
>>
>>53178175
>The PCs all seem like they have this strange tension between them because they've been overshipped and it's impossible to tell what's shitposting and what's actual player-on-player flirting.

Where are you finding tension? Are there logs?

What the hell does overshipped even mean? Don't the big names in games like RotJR still get their flirt on despite intense saturation of shipping?
>>
>>53178195
PLD is garbage and driving that garbage out was good for /pfg/
>>
>>53178209
>driving that garbage out
Except you didn't, and you never will, so deal with it. In fact it feels like people are talking more about PLD than any other game.
>>
>>53178209
H-hey, I have fun playing!

I'm happy to have games again...
>>
>>53178206

It's overshipped because there's one player in particular in that group who cannot shut the fuck up about themselves. Pay attention and you'll notice pretty quick.

I would attribute most of the ship posting to the players.
>>
>>53178174
So...he's justified in maintaining his tyrannical power because no one has stopped him yet? That's a little silly.
>>
>>53178215
I'm glad to hear anon, don't let these jerks stop you from having a good time!
>>
>>53178175
>Half evil characters means they're probably going to be at each other's throats once the kingdom-building starts up.

They gonna butcher that LG fuccboi
>>
>>53178189
I just hope they all end up happy. Shipping around /pfg/ games is fucking savage and knowing that the PCs are probably going to start infighting over who gets who and fighting proxy wars in the thread scares me.

And, like >>53178175 pointed out, they're half evil. Evil PCs might get in on the basis of being good teammates, but their players will always, always, ALWAYS find a reason to stay evil. That gets tiresome when you have to play your whole game expecting a knife in the back RIP Sigmund
>>
>>53178215
I'm glad you have fun playing, but I don't want to see your shit ERP logs, or Vult's egostroking in this thread
>>
>>53178109
See, that's the thing though.

He doesn't commit the evil. He provides you the means to commit the evil unto yourself.

And in all honesty, the world is probably better for having him in it than not. He wants the world to keep on ticking along just as much as you do. Rubadub was a perfect example.
>>
>>53178223
No, he's justified because do you really think you can do a better job? Heroes like you always think "well the person in charge is BAD" but you never think "but can I do any better?"
>>
File: Enlightenment.jpg (238KB, 936x1318px) Image search: [Google]
Enlightenment.jpg
238KB, 936x1318px
>>53178189
>Everybody pairing up with each other seems like a foregone conclusion and I expect the ships to establish themselves really quickly.

Who do you think it'll be?
>>
>>53178150
There is no question that only a human can know or know the answer to.
>>
>>53178223
Except that his power is legitimate.
He mostly shaped an uninhabited Hell (much like other gods to their own homes), and made it a home for his servants who due to their very nature can't help but follow him.
And in most cases, those who fall into Hell do so out of their own choice, and most are related to the other archfiends and not Asmodeus himself.
Also, >>53178248 - As I've said, no one can beat Asmodeus at his own game.
>>
>>53178236
I am way too excited for /pfg/ love triangles for it to be healthy.
>>
>>53178253
So how do you know you're not a robot?
>>
>>53178202
It could still be fun, certainly! If you have an accommodating DM, do it anyway!

Don't let the people here prevent you from having fun; that runs contrary to the purpose of this place and your hobby.
>>
>>53178206
The distinction seems to be that RotJR has a plot structure to follow. Flirting, cute moments, and shipping still happens, but at the end of the day you still have to find out who's menacing Sandpoint, how to get to Minkai, and how to stop the Jade Regent.

Kingmaker has the conceit of being an open world where you can do whatever you want. The PCs have no time limit, no stakes beyond getting paid until they establish their kingdom, and no significant events but what happens by random chance that can influence them to develop their characters. They've got nothing to do *but* flirt.

And when they spend all their time flirting, that blossoms into drama. Game gets heated IC, it spills over into OOC, people start resenting each other, game folds up. It's as simple as that and it happens all the time.
>>
>>53178214
Yeah, for something people don't like, it sure comes up a lot.

The real question is this: Exploiter Wizard or Arcanist?!
>>
>>53178150
I have no need to prove my humanity to others, only to myself.

Whether I was born of flesh and blood or metal and oil is irrelevant -- Humanity is not bound by the body.
>>
>>53178252
Franze x Shot in the back of the head
Branwen x Stoned
Viviana x Hanged
Antoinette x Beheaded
Kyras x Burned alive
Andrik x Impaled
There, now we can stop talking about this.
>>
>>53178197
Lock was their 'solution' to people wanting a grapple discipline that sidesteps all the problems they had with grapple.

Personally I don't think Lock is a good grapple replacement, but it's a fun mechanic in and of itself if you treat it as something different.
>>
>>53178276
Vancian Wizard :^)
Both of them are basically different shades of the same thing
>>
File: The_Death_of_Sigmund.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The_Death_of_Sigmund.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>53178236
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>53178314
Ah, still funny. Kudos, good sir.
>>
>>53178287
Switch Viviana and Antoinette and I think we're good.
>>
>>53178276
I really don't think any of the Greater Exploits are so good that there's an argument for vanilla Arcanist over Exploiter Wizard. I'm not really familiar with any Arcanist archetypes though, I guess the witch spell list is nice.
>>
>>53178260
Why would you be excited for something like that? What aspect, as a non-participant, do you find thrilling?

Also, is Bushi ever worth it on a Warlord, and if so, when?
>>
>>53178344
>Why would you be excited for something like that?
Horseracing.
>>
>>53178275
Why is it that RotJR always sounds so fun? Are the players having fun? Is that a good adaptation of those adventures to run?
>>
>>53178371
1. Starting adventure has a good structure
2. PCs are mostly lighthearted and there to have fun
3. It's a straightforward white-hat campaign where you fight evil
4. Everyone's on board to achieve their goal
5. Players all seem to be having fun, and don't bring drama to the thread
6. GM stood back and let them be themselves, gravitating naturally into a group dynamic

Compare and contrast with Blingmaker:
1. The adventures have almost no structure
2. Only about two or three PCs seem like they're good people, the others are all trying to out-serious each other
3. It's a game about politics and intrigue in a grim and gritty setting
4. Half the PCs are evil as stated above, most likely going to betray the others
5. GM tried to artificially foster bonds between PCs by starting them off in pairs
>>
File: cutebard.jpg (2MB, 1521x2015px) Image search: [Google]
cutebard.jpg
2MB, 1521x2015px
Is this a cute bard to play?
>>
>>53178419
Yes.
>>
>>53178419
I wish someone applied to PLD with that picture.
>>
>>53178263
I don't seem to share physical traits with a robot. physically I appear to be a human.

Given that science isn't actually a field of absolutes, but only the conclusions on currently available data, the current hypothesis is that I am human.

On a secondary note however, why should it matter to me if I am human?
>>
>>53178433
I'll just bet you do, Vult
>>
>>53178433
Vult, if you really want them to be your cute little Idolmaster girls, you should just ask. Aren't all your players super-subs anyway?
>>
File: cutebard2.jpg (2MB, 1521x2015px) Image search: [Google]
cutebard2.jpg
2MB, 1521x2015px
>>53178433
Would she really fit there?
>>
File: 1482701668862.png (272KB, 1343x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1482701668862.png
272KB, 1343x1017px
>>53178444
Now here's a thinking man

>>53178453
Wist is a huge hardsub
>>
>>53178453
Sources say that the most super-subby memegame player is actually broodie
>>
>>53178457
I can easily picture her being pumped full of Manticore eggs, no problem
>>
File: submission.jpg (175KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
submission.jpg
175KB, 760x596px
>>53178460
I'm not hot on the meme player memes, is this a situation where everyone is pic related?
>>
>>53178418
>the others are all trying to out-serious each other

Aren't all the Evil PCs ridiculous caricatures? I find it hard to believe they're serious at anything.
>>
>>53178474
Thankfully not.
>>
>>53178458
Wist is a huge qt
>>
>>53178470
Did Cashmere ONLY take it up the ass?
>>
>>53178418
Didn't somebody get raped by an incongruous gnoll in RotJR? Like, a miracle gnoll that just came out of nowhere from another continent for the express purpose of raping one of the characters?
>>
>>53178150
He wouldn't 'cuz he don't know much about them book learnin's. Only thing he knows is Iomedae's teachin's and swingin' a sword good.
>>
>>53178515
Can't stand country bumpkin characters desu
>>
>>53178363
What do you mean? What's at stake? Who are the contestants? What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>53178501
Yes, it came in her ass, then egged her ass to fertilize the eggs
>>
File: 1098fa9601d8385bed141d5654947f81.png (803KB, 938x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1098fa9601d8385bed141d5654947f81.png
803KB, 938x1021px
My group had tricked a major antagonist NPC in an adventure path into working as a maid in a maid cafe.

This particular GM's rendition of Nox from Hell's Rebels presented her as a somewhat gullible, flat-chested, cute girl with an inferiority complex due to her chest size. We arranged for her to come across a small book in an occult archive, describing a ritual with which to expand her chest size by the end of six months' time. The instructions essentially boiled down to, "Work in a maid cafe and sporadically yell out extremely embarrassing incantations in Common."

Due to such a high degree of craftsmanship in the fake book, she believed it.

The twist, however, is that we had unwittingly created a functional occult ritual. If it begins to generate genuine results, the female PCs might just hop aboard the bandwagon and work in a maid cafe as well.

The group did not actually accomplish this together. My character had carried out the chicanery single-handedly.

What can we make of this situation?
>>
>>53178209
>STOP HAVING BAD WRONG FUN
>HOW DARE HE INSULT SOMEONE IN MY HUGBOX
You people are so fucking cancerous.
>>
>>53178526
Why is that, Anon? What is it about the bumpkin that frustrates you?
>>
>>53178581
They're live eggs?
Is there actually a rule for how much damage you take when your insides basically explode

>>53178604
The way they're usually played, they're either Forrest Gump or TN / CN retards or both.
>>
>>53178501
Yeah, but that's just her way. Her father taught her the importance of purity at an early age!
>>
>>53178601
I literally don't care about them playing the game, I just don't want them to shit up the thread with it

Thats all I ask
>>
>>53178599
Do we get HR greentext any more?
>>
>>53178620
How are you so fucking stupid to think that

A) It's just the players talking about it?
B) Talking about your game of pathfinder is "shitting up the thread"?
>>
>>53178620
I'm not in the game nigger
>>
>>53178612
>The way they're usually played, they're either Forrest Gump or TN / CN retards or both

Interesting. I've never had this issue, but now that you mention it, I can imagine some Coastal loser city slickers hamming it up as some pretty offensive stereotypes and causing a ruckus.
I reckon where I come from country bumpkin characters are just characters, and in our particular situation we played 'em as proper Lawful Good, Crusadin' types, dedicated to ferretin' out injustice and cuttin' down in the Inheritor's name.

Praise Iomedae.
>>
>>53178629
>>53178633
1. I don't care who is talking about it
2. Its not talking about a game, its talking about MUH WAIFUS AND RAEP AND ERP SO HAWT
>>
>>53178647
Then you're not just witch hunting, you're board policing

Go fuck yourself with a cactus

Meanwhile, I'm going to sit here answering people's questions and continuing this, because fuck you
>>
File: 1486972265968.png (391KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1486972265968.png
391KB, 800x733px
>>53178647
>I don't care who's talking about it
Basically the rest of the thread m8.
>Its not talking about a game
>people talking about the happenings in a game are not talking about a game
Even Cashmere isn't this butthurt and she has a zillion eggs the size of her fist up her arse
>>
>>53178624

There has been neither a demand nor a need. Besides, group A has actually migrated away from Pathfinder and towards a moderately house-ruled version of Strike!, which means that it is Pathfinder-related only due to using a Pathfinder adventure path.

The premature infiltration of the first book's endgame dungeon, described in >>53107870, had occurred even before the system switch, however. My character was the only one who had infiltrated, granted. He had to leave so as to come back with the group later.
>>
>>53178656
yeah that sounds like /d/ not /tg/

>>53178655
I'm not even witch-hunting, stop being a whiny bitch
>>
>>53178674
>yeah that sounds like /d/ not /tg/
So basically tabletop games that aren't to your liking belong on /d/
What else belongs on /d/? 40k? GURPS? AD&D?
>>
>>53178703
No, jerking off to monster rape and ovipostion belongs on /d/
>>
>>53178716
Not if it happens in a game lmao
>>
>>53178221
Ohoho that could only be Centarius
>>
>>53178724
Hey, fuck off, Cent's cool
>>
>>53178733
Doesn't mean he's not acting Rory-tier about it
>>
>>53178741
What are you even talking about? Cent doesn't post anything. Cent's probably one of the least egregious. Only Disk and Stein shitpost less!
>>
>>53178733
Bet you 10 dollars it was Cetarius/Antoinette they were referring to

in fact make it 20
>>
Is Wist a shitposter
>>
>>53178599
It sounds like you can get a bunch of large-breasted PCs out of it.
>>
>>53178768
No, Wist is a perfect cinnamon bun who I will someday marry once I can afford enough to travel around the world and spirit her away!
>>
>>53178760
Pull some archives, because I don't believe that for a second. Fucking Kyras has an F-List. Antoinette doesn't have shit.
>>
>>53178779
You'll have to fight Ceri for them, at the very least
>>
>>53178794
By the Blade of QANON, no obstacle is too great!
>>
File: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg (13KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg
13KB, 268x268px
>>53178724
>>53178741
>>53178760
>>
>>53178802
But Wist is QAnon
>>
>>53178815
thats wrong though
>>
>>53178821
>>53178815

Yeah, Broodie is QANON.
>>
>>53178821
Wist is QAnon and QAnon is Bailey
>>
>>53178830
Is Broodie cute too

Where can I find them.
>>
>>53178768
>>53178815
>>53178830
>>53178831
Gosh, these are some sick name drops

You guys are so cool

What a great thread
>>
>>53178837
Broodie is fucking adorable. You'll change the entire pattern of your sexuality for Broodie.
>>
File: Conan.jpg (305KB, 900x1379px) Image search: [Google]
Conan.jpg
305KB, 900x1379px
Is Bloodrager always a better choice than Barbarian if both are allowed?
>>
>>53178840
This is the future /pfg/ chose.
>>
>>53178852
In most situations yes, but its more MAD nature and limited access to rage powers and some great archetypes like invuln make original barbarian solid for some builds
>>
>>53178854
It's a shit future, all the witch hunting ain't cool. Some of the name drops aren't even deserved.
>>
>>53178900
They really aren't.
>>
>>53178837
I'm sure Bailey could put you into contact with Broodie.
>>
>>53178852
Original Barb has better archetype options and quick access to good rage lines like Superstitious and pouncy totem.

Bloodrager gets spellcasting, a free action spellbuff on raging and unique bloodline traits but slower rage power progression. You also probably aren't picking up more than 4-6 rage powers depending on your bloodline.
>>
>>53178918
Could Bailey put me into contact with an optimized Fiendbound Marauder build for a 25 pb game?
>>
>>53178924
>optimizing a PoW archetype based around BB

a literal retard could make that work
>>
>>53178924
2hu could.
>>
This encounter should not kill a party of 4th Level if there are 4 of them?
https://pastebin.com/Vg3kDG0s
>>
>>53178995
Entirely depends on the party, anon.
>>
>tfw no one ever asks for the plot greentexts, just the PLOT of PLD
The conversations would be healthier
>>
>>53179200
PLD's story is very tense and cinematic.
>>
>>53178418
>>53178478
Branwen is NE with the specific OOC intention of a character development arc where she sees the light and learns not everything in the world is backstabbing and money. She's still got the heart of a naive young woman, after all.

Antoinette's only evil because lolundead. In practice she seems more like TN, and just wants to party and do necromancy.

Franze is LE but the evil seems restrained by the law in this case. Still, she probably does get the prize for "Most Likely to Spike your tea with Arsenic" if things turn sour and the other PCs aren't going the way she wants with the kingdom.
>>
>>53179219
>tense and cinematic
>chasing a hovering book with a bedsheet
>>
>>53179239
It's gone beyond tense. So far beyond that it's wrapped around.

You could say it's past tense.
>>
File: 1493166640533.gif (4MB, 294x524px) Image search: [Google]
1493166640533.gif
4MB, 294x524px
>>53179219
Who are Cadence and Airyna?
>>
>>53179306
Cashmere and Bon-Bon's actual names. They've got stage names, ya see, bein' workin' women in the big city!
>>
>>53179322
Friendly reminder that 2hu bought the Cashmere DLC.
>>
>>53179306
Whoops.
Cadence should be Cashmere. Time to make a v2.

Airyna is Bon-bon's real name.
>>
File: Laughing Cimmerian.jpg (413KB, 1024x1598px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Cimmerian.jpg
413KB, 1024x1598px
>>53179289
>>
>>53179322
Oh. I hoped the new person was Cashmere's cute little sister, following in onee-chan's footsteps!
>>
>>53179322
I didn't know Cashmere wasn't her real name.
>>
>>53179339
Gosh, I wish. I'd give that girl a big hug!
>>
>>53179322
>>53179340
Don't believe IKiD's lies I just slipped up aaaa

>None of the PLD members spotted this mistake
>>
>>53179348
>Don't believe IKiD's lies

This is honestly pretty good advice across the board.
>>
>>53179375
It's good advice off the board too!
>>
>>53179289
REEEEEEEEEEEE

fucken past tense ERP what the fuck
>>
>>53179393
It's not even that it's past tense. I can forgive that. It's that Vult changes tense apparently at whim.
>>
>>53179406
>>53179393
Wist deserves better so PM her
>>
>>53179406
Its because you got in his head. This is what happens when he tries to write present tense and by constraint of the medium can't really go back and tense edit. He slips back into past tense by habit.
>>
File: Motha Fuckin Gold.jpg (61KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
Motha Fuckin Gold.jpg
61KB, 500x481px
>>53179225
>not everything in the world is backstabbing and money
>>
File: alva and zullie.jpg (155KB, 500x890px) Image search: [Google]
alva and zullie.jpg
155KB, 500x890px
>>53179225
>Branwen is NE with the specific OOC intention of a character development arc where she sees the light and learns not everything in the world is backstabbing and money.

That sounds familiar...
>>
File: PFG movie.jpg (558KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
PFG movie.jpg
558KB, 600x900px
>>53179219
pls no bully
>>
>>53179443
>constraint of the medium
Don't they PbP on discord? That has an edit function.
>>
>>53179546
>It's time
Fuck, I can't stop laughing
>>
>>53179546
I laughed
>>
>>53179546
Somebody make one for RotJR
>>
>>53179546
>high functioning autism
>high functioning
>>
>>53179567
No point in editting after they read and respond. This thread is secondary
>>
>>53179654
tfw no cashmere logs part 2 and 3
Didn't PLD play yesterday? Where are our summaries?
>>
>>53179659
PLD is Thursdays.
>>
>>53179675
So it's today!?
>>
>>53179687
I want to hear about the new person. Or at least learn who they are. This mysterious embargo is driving me insane.
>>
>>53179598
I would have made one for FotJR but I don't know which picture to use

It kinda feels like RotJR:the movie needs a good picture of all the cast dramatically assembled together which we don't have for obvious reasons
>>
Anyone know where I can find the pdf files for modules released after Daughters of Peril?

I can't find them anywhere.
>>
>>53179789
Fuck I mean Daughters of Fury
>>
File: 1486181111664.jpg (3MB, 2150x3035px) Image search: [Google]
1486181111664.jpg
3MB, 2150x3035px
reminder to pm your crush
>>
>>53179793
Are they not in the MEGA?
>>
>>53179830
FEAST OF DUST, HOUSE ON HOOK STREET, DOWN THE BLIGHTED PATH, AND IRE OF THE STORM ARE ALL IN THE TROVE.

ANYTHING ELSE IS YOUR FUCKING GUESS, BECAUSE NOBODY SUBMITS THE MODULES TO GET CLEANED.

FUCK, QANON DOESN'T EVEN HAVE DAUGHTERS OF FURY. LINK THAT SHIT.
>>
>>53179804

Did years ago, we are married now.
>>
File: 124857438148.jpg (215KB, 681x475px) Image search: [Google]
124857438148.jpg
215KB, 681x475px
>want to play a frontliner Druid
>cheapest thing I can get right now is Dragonhide armor
>the place our PCs live in is also inhabited by a civilization of dragonfolk
>I can't just walk in wearing their kin

Guess I'll buy some Stoneplate.
>>
>>53179968
Druid in stoneplate sounds pretty awesome.
>>
File: PLD poster.jpg (530KB, 599x899px) Image search: [Google]
PLD poster.jpg
530KB, 599x899px
(I fixed it)
>>
>>53179968
No no, walk around in their skin you filthy animal!
>>
>>53180002
>Temera
HOI IM TEM
>>
>>53179968
Does casting Ressurection on dragonhide still work?
>>
>>53179968
And what stops you from wearing chromatic/metallic/whateveric dragonskin that the civilized ones hate?
>>
>>53180028
I don't think dragons will approve of wearing dragonskin regardless of the source.
>>
>>53180019
(It's Temeria)
>>
>>53180028
As far as I know, all colors/metallics are represented with some having died off. Even so, >>53180034
>>
>>53180039
Foltest?
>>
>>53180039
HOI IM TEMI
>>
>The beast, whatever it truly is, has found the cart. Its massive, at least ten feet tall when its hunched over. The sheer weight of the creature has snapped the wheels off the cart as it climved on top of it. Massive spines protrude from its rear, thick as spears, and its limbs seem to he a tangle of black joints. The head of the beast is buried in the carcass, ripping through the meat and tossing it aside. Half buried inside the corpse, it has to crawl closer, revealing its shape to be that of a spider. A cloud passes, letting Roma's light shine down on the dirt colored creature, showing the spikes to be twisted iron bars spotted with rust. Only one bit of color can be seen, a glistening line of red down its rear abdomen.
>Suddenly, the head jerks up, holding the corpses heart in madsive jaws as it turns to look directly at Cierra.
>Jericho's whistle cuts the silence
>The golems head snapped and turned towards him, caught between which to pursue.
>>
>>53180002
Who's Cierra
>>
>>53180203
Is PLD running right now? Is Cierra going to get oviposited by a spider?
>>
>>53180236
Do golems have ovipositors?
>>
For some reason, I want to make a Steelfist Commando/Bard based off Shinsuke Nakamura. This can't end well, not in the slightest.
>>
>>53180256
You could probably design it with one
>>
>>53180256
Fuck off
>>
>>53180203

FUCK. OFF.

You can't cry about players being stalked and people being mean if you keep begging for attention.
>>
>>53180317
Damn nigger, thats the normal pbp, not lewds
>>
Whats the unga munga cat's endgame? Is he implying that the angsty elf waifu somehow has a soft spot for cats?

Is this some sort of ploy to make her take his barbed cactus?
>>
>>53180307
talex
>>
>>53180063
She claims she's never played the Witcher and the name is unrelated.
>>
>>53180391
She must have heard it SOMEWHERE, because that's a dead ringer for the Witcher.
>>
>>53180425
It's also the name of an archmagus from Greyhawk.
>>
>>53180236
Cierra (Fifth-chan) has some pbp action.

She's probably going to run away rather than face a CR8 with just an NPC
>>
>>53180450
What's the CR8
>>
>>53180472
Can you not read? It says it's a spider golem right there in the greentext.

>>53180450
Is she cute?
>>
>>53180482
Super. I'd post her pic but I'm phone posting
>>
File: CxucAvS.png (966KB, 528x815px) Image search: [Google]
CxucAvS.png
966KB, 528x815px
>>53180508
>>53180482
>>
How can one play a knight in full plate, wielding a greataxe and shield?
>>
File: 1464825380387.jpg (126KB, 814x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1464825380387.jpg
126KB, 814x1100px
>>53180537
Extremely rapebait
Kenna tier cute
>>
>>53179947
>years ago he post mortem'd his crush
>now they're married
>>
>>53180557
What classes are available to you, does your DM allow 3rd party?
>>
>>53180573
He's a NecRomancer!
>>
File: 1473615886584.jpg (86KB, 1067x885px) Image search: [Google]
1473615886584.jpg
86KB, 1067x885px
>>53180557
What are you even asking? Just play it?
>>
>>53180579
Heard the pun a hundred times before but that was perfect implementation.

9/10
>>
>>53180576
3rd party is allowed, but no initiators.
>>
>>53180034
Of course they won't. Nobody likes fucking poseurs.

Dragonskin is what dragons wear. When not-dragons wear it it's fucking obvious, no matter what the wearer might think.
>>
>>53180557
So the issue is you need to wield a two-handed weapon in one hand?

Two levels of Titan Mauler will do you.
>>
File: 131.jpg (111KB, 684x886px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
111KB, 684x886px
>>53180623

Well, this presents a conundrum. If I was in your shoes, I'd try to finagle out a way to grab Scarlet Throne Style for your character, since that allows you to wield a shield in one hand and weapon in the other while treating that weapon as two-handed for the purposes of feats and abilities.

Hmm, could you talk to your DM and see if you can play a Warder without the maneuvers? Even without Strikes or Stances, the Warder is the ultimate tank.

Wait, wait wait wait! Fighter (Viking), that's what you want! It gets bonus feats, bonuses to using a shield, even Rage!
>>
>>53180623
>>53180662

Oh, and you need Stupendous Strength (the feat) or Effortless Lace (an item) on your Greataxe to make it one-handed.
>>
>>53180573
This pleases the Pallid Princess
>>
>>53180721
Urgathoa GO AWAY AND STAY GO AWAY.
>>
>>53180748
Darling, this party couldn't last an hour without me! Now, be a dear and pass me another of those halfling cutlets, would you? I'm still feeling quite peckish.
>>
>>53180748
Urgathoa aint got shit on Rovagug
>>
>>53180800
>>53180808
>>53180748
>worshipping the gods
Beta losers
>>
>>53180825

How's all that no-water treating you, Rahadoumi?
>>
>>53180825
>tipping your fedora in a world where gods exist
>>
File: 1469812658408.png (1MB, 806x923px) Image search: [Google]
1469812658408.png
1MB, 806x923px
Is that a grenade on her hip next to the knife or what the fuck is that?
>>
Want to run a game, but don't wanna risk drama queens and lewdfags.

Should I advertise here or elsewhere?
>>
>>53180860
>Mature Content: No
>>
>>53180825
>Taking the godless healing feat
How does it feel to be theologically un-optimized?
>>
>>53180860
What type of quest you wanna run, fampire?
>>
>>53180853

Looks like a censer or some sort of hard shell bag
>>
>>53180853
I think it might be a censer/incense burner or some sort of flask?
>>
>>53180662
>>53180709
Alright, thanks for the build. I'll tinker with that in my off-time.
>>
>>53180853
Probably some sort of soul jar.
>>
>>53180853
Looks like either a lantern / censer or some sort of handbag in the latest Abbadonese fashion trend made out of metal forged from the screams of dying men
>>
>>53180881

Not sure yet. I like toying around with custom settings.

Maybe something involving a party that's all family.
>>
>>53180911
>all family
>no lewd
???
>>
>>53180845
>>53180848
>>53180875
>Implying not bending your ass and being a cocksleeve for some cosmic entity is atheism
>>
>>53180916
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>53180911
I don't wanna play a game where I'm already shoehorned into being some stranger's brother.

>>53180924
The same thing that's wrong with the other thirstposters.
>>
>>53180853
Don't daemons put up auctions for souls or something? Maybe she's collecting souls to sell at auction. Or maybe she's a working class woman who gets paid by the soul.
>>
>>53180924
>being surprised at incestposting
Are you new here? Not him.
>>
>>53180853
No reason she can't be carrying a frag.
Much better choice than those silly 1d4 splash things.
>>
>>53180853
I wonder what the knife is even, there doesn't seem to be anything about it in her statblock.
>>
>>53180911
Focus on the custom setting first and you'll get more than a few apps that would fit. Just give us any hints you can or we'll start throwing suggestions out.
>>
>>53180952
Normal, healthy families don't have that kind of stuff. Dad might be fucking mom and Big Bro might be a bit willing to "accidentally" walk in on his Sister changing, but sex isn't something you should ever be thinking.
>>
what classes other than wizard/sorcerer get wish on their spell list?
>>
>>53180981
Just... Ignore.
>>
>>53180981
>Big Bro might be a bit willing to "accidentally" walk in on his Sister changing
>thinking this is normal while preaching normalcy
Epic shit m8
>>
>>53180986
Clerics/Oracles and Druids get Miracle which is basically the same thing
Arcanist gets it by virtue of being the semiprepared Wizard.
>>
File: 1489226299757.png (126KB, 289x403px) Image search: [Google]
1489226299757.png
126KB, 289x403px
>>53180924
>>53180981

Normalfag pls
>mfw otouto x oneechan
>>
>>53180975
Can we just get a free setting without some BS specific premises already?
>>
>>53181005
I'm pretty sure I was the first one to make this crop since I messed up and kept a tiny black border
Weird shit seeing it again
>>
>New app for Mighty Quest
>It's a gnoll
>A gnoll monk
FUCK /tg/

This was MY idea! Can you let me play my psionic gnoll chick please
>>
>>53180975

An empire that trades its ruling family for stability: Every 25 years the brightest and most talented in line for the crown are sent on a pilgrimage west into the demonlands: a journey from which nobody has ever returned.

On the 60th such occasion, someone came back. They briefly told a tale that made no sense and said that the journey resulted in failure.

It is the 61st time of pilgrimage. News of incursions of fiends into the country have begun filtering in.

The PCs need to visit several holy sites and go into the demonlands, or risk everything they may hold precious perishing in the flames of war.

How does that sound for a summary?
>>
>>53181129
So what, we're part of the crown family?
>>
>>53181145

Yes. As part of aforementioned best and brightest.
>>
>>53181009
Nope.

The question is more about what the quest hook is, which is extremely important.

Are we playing Fantasy Oregon Trail and heading to a new part of Golarion to start our lives over together?

Are we Tiny Folk living in some magical house and having to do our best with the crazy Wizard who lives there? Like Arietty?

Are we just merchant's heading into town and dungeons, looking for bubbles to sell?
>>
>>53181129
Specific.
>>
>>53181162
And what if, as part of the crown family, I legitimately don't 'hold' any of this crap dear because I'm like 60th in line for the throne, female, or both?
>>
>>53181163
>Nope.
>The question is more about what the quest hook is, which is extremely important.
Cue why I'm asking for less railroaded premises holy shit if I don't wanna play a hobbit I don't wanna play a hobbit
>>
>>53181183
What if I don't wanna be told whether or not I'm part of a royal family
>>
>>53181183
Family pressure to rise up their line

Personal desire to rise in the ranks/ prove how YOU are better

A chance to get away from all these losers and crazies

>>53181185
Anon, I don't think we are talking about the same thing anymore...
>>
>>53181209
Yes we are

I'm pointing out why I don't like ultra-specific premises.

"You're a..."

No I'm not. I made an adventurer, he has yet to know what adventure HE will choose to go after.
>>
>>53181209
>Family pressure to rise up their line
That's not how succession works and nobody has ever come back from that journey or heard anything about it, it's obviously a deathtrap
It's actually fucking incredible people have gone for 60 generations in a row instead of saying "no Emperor you can go if you're so interested in keeping stability".
>>
>>53181185
Out of curiosity, aside from the smut expectation, do you think PLDs premise was open or railroaded?

I can repost if you don't recall
>>
>>53181183

Only the best and brightest are sacrificed.

I'll probably tie this into some sort of trial to exhibit some kind of prowess or virtue a character had to succeed at.

>>53181199

You can play your rando in another game.

I'm big on having a party with a purpose rather than ragtag multiracial misfits murderhoboing in the sandbox.
>>
So, we going to ignore the fact that 2hu derailed HR Alpha so hard, they're using 2hu's system of choice now? Figured anons would be on that like flies on shit.
>>
>>53181234
>Only the best and brightest are sacrificed.
Right but like
Look I can deal with that but my question is more or less do I have to willingly go or can I basically make a character that's being punted into the sacrificial pit?
>>
>>53181232
PLD?
>>
>>53181240

Shhh. Vult was the best thing to happen to 2hu.

2hu is now normal in comparison.
>>
>>53181234
>rando
That's not what a rando is

>ragtag multiracial misfits murderhoboing in the sandbox
Well your parties have no sense of fashion and too poorly written to find reasons to hold together, I mean it's not exactly anyone else's fault
>>
>>53181250

YES. That is workable.
>>
>>53181257
Why are you complaining about not having sandbox games to play in if you dont even recognize games that recently recruited?
>>
>>53181318
Excuse me that I'm not 24/24 on /pfg/ since three years to be in the know of every acronym you can't be arsed to write entirely whenever you talk to a new person
>>
>Look over TSS
>Swimming Eagle has applied with Amalthea
>Captain Slow has an application in
>DHB and Sappy are asking chargen questions
Should we even bother applying any more?
>>
>>53181361
Anon, I want to see YOUR character and what you think is cool and awesome.
>>
>>53181352
Its been shitposted about for like three months now. Its upyhread in this very fucking thread. It was taking apps for two weeks straight.

This is wholly on you.
>>
Does initiator prestige classes increase mystic's granted maneuvers?
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>53181129
I might have to make a loving father and gentle husband for this campaign. Somebody who's cemented his name and memory, and willingly sets out to make sure his family is kept safe and secure.
>>
>>53181414
Or

Not.

Some of us don't live here to see you use the acronym "PFD" without explanation for three months straight.

>it's your fault for not knowing about something you weren't here to see

With a cognitive dissonance like that I can only theorize you're either dishonest or really unfonctional. Either way why argue with you.
>>
>>53181440
Then he wouldn't go out look for his death in hell holy shit he'd stay and be a baker and raise his kids
>>
>>53181464
If you don't know what games have been offered recently, stop fucking bitching about not being catered to.
>>
>>53181486
>it was three months ago
>"recently"
You're a little piece of shit, aren't you, Anon?
>>
>>53181481
Of course, of course! But if you read the prompt given by the DM you'd see being chucked into the Demon Pit is the only way the Empire or whatever can be kept safe from hell-armies of rape-demons grinding civilization beneath their hooved feet.

Plus, it's not like any simple baker can take the call, it HAS to be him... Or his son, or his daughter. He'll take the plunge long before it comes to that.
>>
>>53181516
You're confirmed for goat-rape hoof fetish
>>
>>53181501
It's also pretty much the only game (other than RotJR) that gets discussed around here with any sort of regularity any more. There's a difference between living in the general 24/7 and being mildly aware of your surroundings.
>>
>>53181562
Well, there's memeposting about Overlewd and Blingmaker, but you're otherwise correct.
>>
>>53181562

It's a pretty good indicator that the PLD squad are a bunch of attention whores.
>>
>>53181562
Again you assume I hang out regularly on a thread where people mostly shitpost about ERP
>>
>>53181361
I want to apply with an emotionally damaged woman!
>>
>>53181607

It's pretty bad, yeah. I wish there was a more civil newbie proof place.
>>
>>53181612
Sappy's question was about a harbinger, so it's pretty safe to say she's got that role sewn up.
>>
>>53181596
So I guess whatever PLD is we're not missing out on much
>>
>>53181501
It was two months ago.
>>
>>53181633
Aw, competing with a meme will be hard. But I won't give up!
>>
>>53181596
>>53181636
Correct. Pretty much all discussion of PLD is likely the product of the DM or players desperately trying to bring attention to their shit game.
>>
If a rogue is invisible and they attack then immediately go invisible again, do they get sneak attacks on the second invisibility?
>>
>>53181596
Have you considered that maybe other people are posting about it?
>>
>>53181683
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
>>
>>53181686
Yeah I don't see your point, I didn't apply.
>>
>>53181629

This thread

If the mods did their job and the sex addicts left it alone
>>
>>53181702
If the mods did their job you'd be banned for off topic shitflinging when none existed.
>>
>>53181686
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
Holy shit about time

All it took was some guy to say

"It's this game anon"

>animu monstergirl
>blah blah megaplot
>rape
yeah no
>>
>>53181656
Is Sappy really that much of a meme? Or even a lock as >>53181633 suggests? I get that Val became supermemed after she was picked for the game, but has he had any other characters that got that kind of attention?
>>
>>53181766
>animu
>monstergirl
>rape
How is any of this relevant to railroading?

>megaplot
>just a basic background with little to no actual constraint on your character
>railroading
?????????
>>
>>53181766
Go fucking reread the question you got asked that started this
>>
>>53181710
>I'm an ERP shitposter and YOU'RE the one who shits up the thread
k

We're talking about how this >pathfinder< thread isn't suitable for recruiting of serious >pathfinder< games. Thanks to ERPers like you probs.
>>
>>53181612
>>53181656

How emotionally scarred are we talking, senpai?
>>
>>53181805
>I don't like railroaded plots!
>okay, so what do you consider railroaded plots? Is [game that's been discussed regularly] a railroad plot?
>wtf is that I've never heard of it?
>how do you not know what that is everyone knows it
>well I don't because I have a life and don't lurk here forever
>except this game's been discussed more than anything else lately
>HURR DURR DURR DURR I GUESS THE PLAYERS ARE ATTENTIONWHORING #WITCHHUNT NOW AND FOREVER
nah mate you started this.
>>
The discord got really bad when the cabalposters left.

The new guys don't really have good manners or fun stuff to talk about.
>>
>>53181784
Sappy will become a meme if their character for TSS is memeable.
>>
>>53181820
Who the fuck are the cabalposters and why should we care
>>
>>53181784
I dunno, proximity to Slow might create another meme reaction that will destroy my chances if we're competing for similar turf.

But first I need to finish my app.
>>
>>53181809
>>53181793
You are right anon, the PLD crew wants attention.
>>
File: scarface.jpg (40KB, 680x403px) Image search: [Google]
scarface.jpg
40KB, 680x403px
>>53181806
>>
>>53181805
You know what it's suitable for? Recruiting of pathfinder games in general. Seriously look at the meme games and the quality of the applications within compared to roll20 random games. You want to apply to those games? Go ahead.
>>
Man, ogres really have the potential to become horrible monstrosities. Vestigial Head, then levels in Alchemist until they can get Parasitic Twin. How can we add more creepy shit onto this idea?
>>
>>53181806
The kind where you grew up without a mother and a hideous beast ate your leg.
>>
>>53181848

Clown
>>
>>53181828
I second this question.

>>53181846
Ohh you mean all these games that aren't rape fantasies
>>
>>53181830
>Meme reaction
>Destroy your chances
>Similar turf

Please don't tell me you're making a character trying to get into another PC's pants!

It's kind of cute, though.
>>
>>53181864
Christ, that's horrifying. Imagine this fat, sloppily dressed ogre in clown makeup trundling up to you, and then asking you if you want to see a magic trick before extruding its greasepainted vestigal twin out like a jack in the box.
>>
>>53181848
Give them a familiar that lives off the cheese you find between the folds of an incredibly fat and unhygienic person.
>>
>>53181784
Looking over the old LFGs, the only other Sappy app I could find was this one
https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4427535/
I don't remember that one being memed, but certainly having been selected for RotJR increases meme probability. Doubly so if the character is compatible with Slow's.
>>
>>53181875

We already have to hear constant shilling about Cent and their rape/corruption/impregnation fantasies with their overlewd character.

It's all just rape rape rape. It was a mistake attracting reddit normies and f-listers.

PLD is at fault.
>>
Now people hold the fuck up.

I know we're in the middle of some argument here and it's a ton of inflammatory topics like ERP and attentionfagging and general 4chan ape behavior but consider this

People have jackshit to talk about Pathfinder GENERALLY, except when trying to start someone. Which is gone in 15 minutes.
>>
>>53181927
Once Starfinder drops, you'll have a lot more content to include in the thread.
>>
>>53181925
>implying a PC normie would go tell other people about his rape fantasies
>implying that's not totally a 4chan thing
>>
>>53181875
>Ohh you mean all these games that aren't rape fantasies
Yeah like Shardwalkers or Rhusae or Raining Oil and Blood, sure. Or even better, who the fuck cares if they're rape fantasies? Do you think that the quality of the applications are going to be better on r20 random games? Fuck last I heard even PLD, the most rapebait of them all, is supposed to be actually engaging - outside of the rape. If you need a serious and mature game for serious and mature people like yourself, make it yourself.

>>53181925
>normies
>PLD is the one at fault, when it's not the one that started the trend of lewdgames
Yeah get the fuck out you memeing newfag.
>>
>>53181925
What the fuck are you talking about? I haven't heard shit about this.
>>
>>53181925
>We already have to hear constant shilling about Cent and their rape/corruption/impregnation fantasies with their overlewd character.

That shit is tame compared to some of the horrors I bore witness to.
>>
>>53181942
It's still going to go in the same circles.

I think it should be time to consider why the fuck we're all here.

Either we accept that we can talk extensively about private games if they happen to be Pathfinder either we find other boundaries
>>
File: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gif (875KB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gif
875KB, 245x207px
>>53181894
That's not what I meant! Anon just tipped me off that a Powerful Rival for the position of Damaged Goods existed, which is always cause for consternation.

I don't think I can withstand memes of Valeriya's magnitude.
>>
>>53181942
And the ERPfagging will likely die down. In all honesty, I don't think the /pfg/ games are all that lewd (PLD being the exception since it's explicitly building lewdness into a core mechanic of the game). It's just that, when you're running an AP, even an AP with a twist like Blingmaker, there's really nothing to talk about since the plot is all old hat, so everybody just talks about the characters.
>>
>>53181966
That's because Cent isn't doing that. I should know.
>>
>>53181959
>who the fuck cares if they're rape fantasies
People that don't want rape fantasies

Because that makes games shit

>If you need a serious and mature game for serious and mature people like yourself, make it yourself.
Nice fallacy. Is it a form of "appeal to accomplishment" or a form of "avoiding the question"?
>>
>>53181972
Why don't you aim for a different sort of damaged goods? If Sappy makes an emotionally scarred woman, you make a physically and socially scarred one!
>>
>>53181966

They already showed off their rape impregnation/corruption profile on flist yesterday.

Can't undo all your shit, Cent.
>>
>>53181942
But Starfinder is scifi and I want fantasy.
>>
>>53182004
>socially scarred
You mean emotionally. Same thing.
>>
>>53181969
While I understand your point in broad terms with more than a few specific examples like: >>53177671 , people actually do discuss Pathfinder and games here.

It's going to be up to you to bump up content that you think is good and worthwhile and ignore the rest.

>>53181985
I think the ERP will always be around. No matter what thread or fandom I join, it's going to find its way there. It's just something I learned to ignore.
>>
>>53182004
>you make a physically and socially scarred one

Ah, but this was always going to be the main course!
>>
>>53182027
Seconding this.
>>
>>53182037
>life defining moment was when they shat themselves in elementary school.
>>
>>53178121
For a non-spellcaster with more abiltiy to do things, look at the Path of War third party books.
>>
>>53181925
>PLD is fault.

You're fucking stupid. The lewdsters have been here this whole time and your dumbass never realized.
>>
>>53182032
They're different! One's about her mental state, and the other's her reputation among her peers!
>>
>>53177838
Their recovery method is absurdly strong, because it takes absolutely no actions ever.
>>
>>53182035
But I did say that a thread can't live on "help me build this" posts forever.

And also Starfinder will need a Starfinder general because people won't want to get spammed by each other's fandom. Just like they don't like to get spammed by ERP when they don't want that shit.
>>
>>53182083
The best scars are the crazy Balalaika burn scar kind.
>>
>>53182080
>PLD was made by sex addicts
>for sex addicts

It's the fault of both at once since they're the same.

>>53182083
Then, not much of a scar outside her hometown...
>>
>>53182003
I like how you ignored me listing three (3) games that are not lewd because you need to whine about the ones that are.

>people that don't want rape fantasies
Then apply to games that aren't fucking rape fantasies like the ones I listed. Oh wait, you don't want to apply to those nor make games that appeal to your tastes, because you don't actually want to play Pathfinder. You just want to start shit.

>Nice fallacy
It isn't a fallacy, because 1. Lewd PF games are NOT against the rules and 2. When you can't find a game that suits your premise you'd have to start one anyway even for nonlewd settings, what if you don't want to play med fantasy and want steampunk? You'd have to start your own game.

>it isn't fun
For you. Look at all the applicants with incredibly quality applications to both nonlewd and lewd games then ask yourself how fucking dumb you are to say Pathfinder General is bad for recruiting Pathfinder games. Badwrongfun is one of the stupidest things you can do on /tg/, just ignore the shit you don't like, find shit that you do, or if you absolutely cannot find one that suits your imagination then make a game - there might be significant numbers if people who agree with you and are waiting for your serious game.

>>53182088
Starfinder might need a Starfinder general because Starfinder is a different game, although I don't see why it would absolutely need a new general unless the division between fanbases becomes insurmountable. You get to deal with ERP unless you want a pfhg and pfg for the same fucking game, and that will probably get both threads fucking banned.
>>
>>53182114
>Look at all the applicants with incredibly quality applications
>"my judgement of quality"

You know I could single out other things like how you're all about ad hominem but I think I'm going to underline that part to show just how biased your mentality is in general and that's the end of that.
>>
>>53182088
>>53182114
Stuff will be 'compatible' with each other. So unlike every version of DnD, Starfinder Will likely stay here because you'll need both books.

Just turn this thread into Paizofinder General and it should be fine. While the settings might change, people will probably still want to play similar types of characters.
>>
>>53182109
Sargava, particularly Eleder, has an infamously long memory where etiquette and reputation are concerned. If a lovely young Colonial was caught with a Mwangi native, it would haunt her for the rest of her days.

And guess where Serpent's Skull takes place?
>>
>>53182138
>Stuff will be 'compatible' with each other. So unlike every version of DnD, Starfinder Will likely stay here because you'll need both books.
What? No, that's stupid. All the versions of D&D before 3.x were loosely compatible with each other(that is, you could use material from any edition with minimal conversion effort). And there's no reason why you'd need both books just because they're "compatible" with each other.
>>
>>53182136
Looking at random normie games on roll20, and having actually tried to apply to random normie games on roll20, I can safely say that even our shitposts are on average higher quality. This says nothing about the way the games actually go, just that the initial presentation is far better.
>>
Next thread

>>53182165
>>53182165
>>53182165
>>53182165
>>
Guys please. Just leave this in this thread. If you want to talk about PLD, try to talk about the non-ERP elements. There's not even lewd slated for this evening! It's filled with homebrew and intrigue and custom worlds and monsters. There's a lot to talk about thats wholly relevant to this general.

Ia there a single other game that has as much investigation and intrigue as PLD?

Remember rule 1 : Be excellent to each other
>>
>>53182138
Is that how it's going to be? Can't see how it'll be 'compatible', does that just mean an Arcanist's damage will still be balanced?
>inb4 initiator proves that guns <<<< swords

>>53182136
>my judgement
>my
If you seriously think Roll20 randoms consistently write better applications than, say, oh I don't know Allanz or the orc from Shardwalkers or whatever, then you should probably rethink your life.

>ad hominem
"haha I get to ignore all your points but don't you dare point it out otherwise it's ad hominem"
>>
>>53182194
I hear they investigate a bunch in that cute Arabian Nights game.
>>
>>53182211
I don't care about arguing with angry stones, Anon.
>>
>>53182234
what
>>
>>53182220
Sultanas and Raisens? I thought hat was a bamboozle? Or are you talking about Lobiaf or whatever the acronym is?
>>
>>53182194
>Ia there a single other game that has as much investigation and intrigue as PLD?

It doesn't matter how much you try to save it, the game had one of the PCs raped by a dog. Your game is degenerate trash. Either acknowledge that, or fuck off.
>>
>>53182644

Every bit of investigation results in "SUDDENLY MONSTERS NOW THAT THE PARTY HAD TO SPLIT"

"YOU LOSE TIME FOR DOG DICK"
>>
>>53182194
The non-players have no reason to discuss that because they can't reasonably know about it dumbnuts. There's also more reason to think the non lewd is shit than that it's good too, Vult expressed his severe lack of system mastery during apps and the public part of the setting is carried by borrowed aesthetic comparison.

It might actually be great in practice but as a player you need to know that any bringing it up will come back to shit posting.
>>
>>53182839
There's really no reason to be discussing the game if no party in the conversation is in it, so your point is somewhat moot.

Vults lack of system mastery is only to the extent of "I'm a 5e DM, Ive played pathfinder before, I'll figure it out" and until his players start groaning about rule abuses, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Most DMing has nothing to do with the rules at hand.

Have you tried asking the players about the non-lewd stuff instead of just how many eggs Cashmere can fit up her ass?
>>
>>53183031
I'm part of the "avoid talking about PLD" party, not the "post logs" party. Asking to discuss intrigue ina a private game on the public anonymous venue just showed such little self awareness that it killed me.

If the game is good then it's good, but I don't want to hear about it unless there actually is a good story there. Everything imbetween from fuck to fluff can go away.
>>
>>53183107
Were you following the greentexts?
>>
>>53183129
I read every green text I catch for any game. I don't care for the discussion about my opinion on them that I think you're fishing for.

I don't have a problem with posting about games, I don't even have a problem with PLD, I just care about the practical. PLD posting can ruin a thread, so I only want to hear about it if it's worth ruining a thread over.

The PLD players are either attention whores or dumb as fuck all because they call obvious attention to themselves. Only the Blingmakers are worse about that but they might still get better and generate less fire. I'm only sharing my thoughts here because the thread is already dead.
>>
>>53183107
Also, why do you want fluff done away with if you are fine with story?
>>
theoretically, how much would it cost to have every wizard spell in a wizards spellbooks, and how many spellbooks would they need to carry?
>>
So I'm trying to make a Slayer and I'm kind of confused about which way to go.

I'm trying to decide between Dual Shields (GM won't let me get double AC from them sadly) or Shield and Kukri or Scimitar to fish for crits. I'm anticipating being the main tank here as well, so that's a factor.

As I probably won't have anyone to help me flank for Sneak Attacks/Flanks (Only party member I know of is a Sorc) I'll have to manufacture my own Sneak Attack opportunities. From what I can tell there are 3 different paths for that. Crit Effects (We're starting at level 3 so that's a long way off), Feint and Intimidate.

Going Intimidate seems pretty badass, especially if dual wielding shields, but I'm not really sure how to go about it. High Str+TWF via Ranger Feats(Slows down Shield Master to level 11 but no need for 15 dex for TWFs) and Skill Focus Intimidate or the one that lets you use your STR bonus for Intimidate+Dazzling Display? The alternative seems to be to work to Two Weapon Feint.
>>
>>53183730
There are books you loot from runelords that say "contains all spells up to 6th level..." karzoug's book iirc contains all spells up to 9th level so check the pricing on that.
Thread posts: 423
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.