[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy Battle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 55

File: vamp.png (798KB, 1017x533px) Image search: [Google]
vamp.png
798KB, 1017x533px
Isabella-Chan Edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

last thread
>>53124775
>>
File: 1487833743029.png (527KB, 465x599px) Image search: [Google]
1487833743029.png
527KB, 465x599px
>>
Why jack the copypasta from the Warhammer Fantasy General and try to rebrand the thread Warhammer Fantasy Battle?

Half the things in the copypasta doesn't even relate to Warhammer Fantasy Battles specifically.
>>
>>53166238
>be Bretonnian
>give the food the pissants
>take 90% as taxes while giving it to them
>>
>>53166344
And 80% of the thread is strigoi or elf posting.

This thread has kothing about WHFB
>>
How hard is it to raise a nonhuman undead?
Does it depend on the race?
>>
File: Manly Tears.jpg (55KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
Manly Tears.jpg
55KB, 600x764px
>‘I never wanted this burden. It just came on me. I’m only a man,’ he said softly. He looked at his hand, encased in black iron for gods alone knew how many centuries. ‘I’ve only ever been a man. A wicked, evil man, who has done wicked, evil things. But I was never a monster. Never that.’

-Archaon

How can anyone hate Archaon?
>>
>>53166947
he'd a massive retard and should have had his head caved in with ghal maraz. Alternatively be swiftly and unceremoniously decapitated by the Widowmaker.

he's the worst Character GW ever wrote until Nu-Sigmar came along
>>
>>53166553
Richter Krueger does it just by killing them.
>>
>>53166947
It's really a shame what they did to his character.
>>
>>53166947
But separates a monster and an evil man?
>>
>>53167434
self-pity
>>
>>53166553
What kind?

Souls are hard with nonhumans.
>>
>>53166238
I love how the 'to the peasants' option has the flavor text 'maybe if we feed them for once, they'll stop complaining.'
>>
>>53166947
Why didn't he, oh I dont know, not be evil?!
>>
File: ted-beargeon-orc-heads-n-helms.jpg (325KB, 1920x1814px) Image search: [Google]
ted-beargeon-orc-heads-n-helms.jpg
325KB, 1920x1814px
FFFFFFFFF-
CUSTOM GENERAL MAKER FOR TOTAL WAR WHEN?!!?
>>
Dead game, dead thread.
>>
>>53166553
Depends on the race I guess.
Although at this point I think necromancers try to avoid raising dwarf skeles. OR ELSE IT'S THE BOOK.
>>
>>53167510
Zombies/Skellies/Wights/Wraiths
>>
File: Belly-Kun.png (113KB, 226x243px) Image search: [Google]
Belly-Kun.png
113KB, 226x243px
>>53167552
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic
>>
>>53167552
Because Be'lakor resets the timeline every time that he does nothing or kills himself. Everything ever that Archaon encountered proved he was going to become evil, so the character was literally railroaded into it. He's basically a ripoff of the Deathdealer, except he fails and becomes a plot device rather than actual character.

Archaos's story is thus.
Archaon: But I don't want to be evil.
Writer: But you are.
Archaon: No.
Writer: But I wrote you evil. Everything else confirms this.
Archaon: Make me.
Writer: Time will not progress until you are evil.
Archaon: But why.
Writer: Because you blame Sigmar.
Archaon: FUCK SIGMAR.
>>
>>53167771
>Zombies
Yes, anything can be one.
>Skeletons
As above.
>Wights
Iffy. Needs the soul, and nonhuman souls are hard to tame. Dwarf souls are drawn into the rock, Elf souls into Waystones or eaten by Slaanesh. But probably possible, Necromancy seems to steal souls back from Chaos and somehow in ET all souls of Dwarfs plus an Elf who should have been Slaanesh chow appeared.
>Wraiths
As above. But technically Wraiths are not created, merely existing ghosts.
>>
>>53168441
There are Dwarf wights in one of the old RP books, I think
>>
>>53168487
Older material is hard to call canon, especially if only referenced once. Things like all Chaos Champions returning as mindless soulless undead directly puppeted by a Chaos God for a year for example.

It sets a good precedent if you want to do it in your army, but its a hard argument conversationally.
>>
>>53166553
Probably depends a lot on the race. Souls are likely substantially and tangibly different from race to race in the aethyr, so it probably wouldn't be one-size-fits-all raising. I guess extremely powerful sorcerers and necromancers (such as Nagash was) could brute-force the whole thing, because we know that the dead can rise spontaneously under the influences of True Dhar Shyish, but I would not consider that the norm.
>>
>>53168670
I think its more about knowing the differences than strength and brute force.
Nagash and Necrarchs could probably do it, Arkhan too, Neferata and Vlad would need research on test subjects although Nef has a head start on Dwarfs, and Mannfred would need a tutor. Random Necromancers, they'd need to make it their specialty.
>>
>>53166947
Wait. When did he become Archaon? I always thought he became Archaon not too long before Storm of Chaos, but then he couldn't have been encased in armour for fucking centuries.
>>
>>53168909
His quest for the treasures of Chaos took him centuries.
>>
>>53168886
No, yeah, I absolutely agree, that's my point, that you probably *could* briteforce it if you're powerful enough, partially because that's often what Dhar is about, but it's dangerous and wasteful; it's definitely *more* of a skill and knowing the differences, interacting with the relevant forces appropriately, and so on.
>>
>>53166553
I know there's such thing in the lore as undead plants.
>>
>>53166157
What differentiates Strigoi vampires and Ghouls? I'm having trouble conceptualizing it.
>>
>>53169463
Ghouls are actually still alive - they're human, just twisted by cannibalism. That's why they and their cousin Crypt Horrors (which are ghouls given a portion of a vampire's blood and twisted into an abomination constantly being drawn towards death) are so valuable - they are servants of vampires that are not repelled by the magical barriers around Morr's Gardens that are meant to keep out undead.

Strigoi have been twisted by feeding on the blood of the recently dead and ghouls (which is far better, but still low quality), but they are undead. They are also naturally much stronger and smarter.
>>
>>53169565
It is worth noting that vampires are undead in the traditional sense, but in warhammer fantasy fluff the distinction between vampires and undead is important. Vampires have sealed their souls away from the aethyr/chaos, but still retain all their faculties. Regular undead are basically just hollow shells, whereas ghouls, as you say, are simply degenerate and debased humans that have been corrupted by mystery meat.
>>
What's the ingame/lore amount of time it should take for any spellcaster to learn a new spell?
>>
>>53169463
Strigoi are supremely powerful vampire nobles who have become increasingly paranoid and unhinged, and become twisted from starvation and shitty living conditions. Ghouls are just fucked-up humans that have degenerated, and the reason the strigoi favour them in particular is really just because they hang around graveyards and battlefields. They're both deluded and they're both scavenge to survive, but that's where thesimilarities end.
>>
File: Liber Necris-26.jpg (329KB, 1059x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Liber Necris-26.jpg
329KB, 1059x1704px
>>53169689
It rather depends. Zombies and Skeletons are hollow shells. But ghosts are the opposite.
All undead lack some part of their living self, though. I guess if they didn't they'd just be alive.
>>
>>53169802
Well, both became corrupted by dark magic due to consuming the dead. They've got that in common.
>>
>>53169837
If I remember right, most ghost-types only have the strongest parts of their personality.
>>
>>53169856
Yeah, they have emotion and a soul, but not a conscience or reason.
It also depends on how strong the soul is - There are spectres that are almost an entire disembodied person and there are poltergeists which are just a lingering remnant of anger.
>>
>>53169837
>tfw I was thinking of selling my copy of the Liber Necris on eBay until I saw this...
Sucks that they don't make fluff books anymore, which makes the choices all the more agonizing.
>>
>>53166157
Is there any reason to use anything other than a shield or buckler in the offhand? From what I understand, having something in each hand grants a free parry but you still attack with one weapon. Unless you have ambidextrous, a second hand weapon will be less accurate and won't deal increased damage and non hand weapons will both be less accurate and won't hit as hard. There doesn't seem to be any reason to use an offhand that isn't a shield or buckler.
>>
>>53168441
>Elf souls into Waystones or eaten by Slaanesh

Uhh we don't allow End Times here.
>>
>>53168886
>Vlad, Neferata
>level 3
>Mannfred
>level 4
>Mannfred would need a tutor
>>
>>53166157
This homebrew is almost done. I just need one more negative mark for both Gunndred and Handrich. Any advice?
>>
>>53168967
Can't have been more than two centuries, Asavar Kul was also the Everchosen so he should've had the treasures before.
>>
>>53170543
Assuming we're talking about WFRP 2e, yeah, dual-wielding is effectively pointless.
Personally I quite like that because it's never really been a thing in history, but dual-wielding is relatively common in the tabletop so I could see how it might be annoying.

I'll say though that daggers get a lot of use as off-hand weapons in my games just because almost everyone has one to hand at all times as opposed to something bulky like a shield.
>>
>>53170604
Stats don't reflect canon.

Neferata knows more about necromancy than anyone other than Nagash and Arkhan.
Vlad learned directly from her.

Mannfred learned from independant research alone, none of which involved the masters of the craft outside of ET continuity. He's just a really good wizard, but skill in using magic doesn't equate to knowing more complex spells and definitely doesn't equate to creating unique undead that you can't just bomf up in the middle of a battle. Its even canon that Mannfred uses more Zombies, the kindergarten level undead creation.
>>
>>53170639
Archaon was the first to have access to all of the treasures as far as I know.
>>
>>53170556
That's not End Times lore. Elves being Slaanesh vore bait above all other races just like Eldar is 8e lore, but otherwise that's been in place since the beginning of High Elf lore. End Times added or changed nothing regarding that.
>>
>>53170782
This is true. Its part of GW Sueing him up, since Archaon was the only Everchosen to gather all the items the true Evechosen has to have. Which makes all the others not actually Everchosen any more than a Champion is a Daemon Prince, but GW can't call him the greatest Everchosen if he's the only one so they handwave it.
>>
>>53170796
8e fluff is End Times fluff, it existed solely to faciliate changes that were necessary for the End Times, such as changes to Archaon or making elves lose their souls to Slaanesh and having to use "spirit stones".
>>
>>53170839
I agree, but it's not going to be much of a treasure hunt if the previous everchosen had all the gear in one place when he died.

That and two of treasures were created by previous everchosen.
>>
>>53170683
What about making it that wielding an additional weapon that is not a shield or buckler causes the player to make an extra attack whenever they make a standard or swift attack, but the player must divide his attacks between the weapon with any left over going to the weapon of his choice? Main Gauche's and Punch Daggers can be used either way.
>>
File: mordheim.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mordheim.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
So Mordheim is a daily deal on Steam at $9

how is it? any DLC that is must buy?
>>
>>53170916
That's possible. I think you'd have to think very carefully about how you balanced it though. It would make two-handed weapons even more useless than they already are for instance.
>>
>>53170844
That's cute, you fucking retard.

Elf souls dwelling in Waystones to be safe from Slaanesh and using Spirit Stones is pre-8e lore. The ONLY 8e change was Slaanesh automatically consuming all souls not protected in this way barring those taken by Ereth Khial. But hilariously even End Times ignored that when Eltharion's ghost returned.
>>
>>53171245
What if it's combined with this homebrew I made?
>>
>>53171189
Yes but prepare for frustration. The AI is stupid and the given estimated success for actions is a lie.

Not mandatory, although the Smuggler or Globadier are fun additions and you need to buy any non-core Warbands you want to play. But since each is a time investment, you will probably only ever buy the ones you really want to play.
>>
File: warhammera2gd003EpD10.jpg (168KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
warhammera2gd003EpD10.jpg
168KB, 800x1067px
Post your WFRP character art while the mods snooze.
>>
Advice on artifacts, enchanted items, and magical arms and armor? Was planning a treasure hunt soon and besides boring as gold I don't know what else to give them but a sleeping strigoi in a coffin

Is there a book that helps with creating these?
>>
>>53169802
Also they work together from time to time.
>>
File: 1493493750850.jpg (350KB, 1685x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1493493750850.jpg
350KB, 1685x1920px
>>53171402
I have art from the BATTLE OF BLACK FIRE PASS
>>
Tomorrow Lizardmen! So excited!
>>
File: 1481803462382.jpg (88KB, 512x714px) Image search: [Google]
1481803462382.jpg
88KB, 512x714px
>>
>>53172687
I want Frogmen!
>>
>>53159352

Best thing I've heard all week.
>>
>>53166344

This,

It's WFG ie. Warhammer Fantasy in all forms.
>>
File: 318695DSC04086.jpg (133KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
318695DSC04086.jpg
133KB, 640x465px
Can somebody please summarize what happened to Bretonnia? I'm not talking about AoS, I mean when GW discontinued Bretonnia, was there a lore reason? Thinking of making a Mordheim warband of Bretonnian peasants or maybe squires (which is apparently not very lore friendly?) but what is the state of Bretonnia in the time period of Mordheim?
>>
>>53174293

There was no reason that Bretonnia couldn't have carried over to AoS in the 'story', they dropped them because all their models were old, they needed a huge overhaul and smegmarines kind of took their place thematically as an army of knights.

Mordheim is about 2300IC I think so it will be business as usual for them.
>>
>>53174543
Thanks. So is Bretonnia still alive in the lore then (pre AoS)? Or did they die off or something? I don't know much at all about the lore, I was just curious about it today and figured I'd ask you guys.
>>
>>53174561

Bretonnia only died when the End Times killed everyone off.
>>
>>53174612
Okay thanks. Much appreciated.
>>
>>53174612

end times never happened. youre talking about a different setting/universe
>>
Posting here as well.

What's the final verdict on Total Warhammer? Is it worth buying?

Should I wait for the inevitable sale when the next one/expansion pack/DLC/whatever it is comes out?
>>
>>53174711

For a Warhammer fan I would say it's a must have, a lot of the TW fan base say it's a good one as well, much better than the last 2.
>>
File: 1474415008709.png (747KB, 565x528px) Image search: [Google]
1474415008709.png
747KB, 565x528px
>>53174711
Core game is worth it, race pack DLCs are all overpriced, lords pack DLCs are all worth it if you play those factions.

Remember: You don't need any DLC to play against DLC factions and units, so only buy factions you actually want to play.
>>
>>53174624

As for the models, have a look at Perry's Agincourt box set, that should include everything you need for a Mordheim band without having to buy separate models.
>>
File: Rename units.jpg (909KB, 1920x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Rename units.jpg
909KB, 1920x1029px
>>53174711
If you want the Old World races just buy TW Warhammer 1 and the first DLC is a free add-on that lets you fight the New World Races.

If you like the New World races then do the exact opposite because TW Warhammer 2 is getting a free DLC that lets you fight the Old World.

Are either worth buying?

Answer these first: ever play a total war game before? do you like grand strategy? does your computer have good hardware?

If any of those questions are "no" then you may not like it. Total war games are unique but very fun to play. The battles are great if your computer can handle them, and the modding community adds a lot of flavor once the vanilla game loses its luster. The developers are listening to the community and are splitting up legendary lords so if a buddy wants to do a co-op campaign with you, you can BOTH be Empire humans. Or Bretonnians. Or Undead. Or whatever. Together. Just fucking the world up, stopping Chaos, halting Green Skin hordes, burning Dwarven grudge books, and shit stomping knife-ears in their forests.

Plus you can rename units, so you can go full autist and craft an army all your own if that tickles your fancy
>>
>>53174987
I wanna give fluffy necromantic scratches behind the ears.
>>
>>53174693
>Youre talking about a different setting/universe
No
>>
>>53175218
nah he's right. it's basically a reboot
>>
>>53175274
more of a timeskip
>>
>>53174987
I just wish that I didn't need a mod to fix that shit where your total skill points are one less than your level.
>>
>>53175218
you're talking about Warhammer: The End Times, which is a prelude to Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.

Which together with 8th Ed, is a spinoff loosely based on the lore of Warhammer Fantasy Battles
>>
>>53175218
>>53175274
>>53175290
Separate timeline is about right, there are a few.
Oldhammer (3rd and earlier)
The Storm of Chaos timeline (proper wfb where chaos lost)
WFRP timeline
and the End Times timeline.
>>
>>53175613
bruh
>>
>>53175613
Look, I dislike End Times as a whole myself and don't really enjoy talking about it - and even then, what's there to talk about now that it's all over? - but it's not really a spinoff. It's set in the Warhammer world, and despite it's blatant transgressions of lore, it keeps to like 80% of what's already there, and we know it's supposed to be the same setting.

I'd rather think of it as an alternate timeline that I don't have to accept, just like Storm of Chaos if that isn't your cup of tea.
>>
>>53175918
>>53175742
chill brahs, I don't care enough about ET or AoS to clearly define it's position in the Setting, I was just taking a piss at it
>>
Why she is so smug?
>>
>>53176030
Not sure where you are getting smug, she looks pretty pissed. Like she just found out she had to eat a bowl of end times shit.
>>
>>53170839
>>53170891
You just need to get the Crown of Domination and have Be'lakor crown you with it to be Everchosen, you dum-dums. The other treasures are just extra bonuses.
>>
>>53176030

She's beach body ready in May.
>>
>>53176030
she doesn't look very smug to me either

more like a frown
>>
>>53176195
Too bad she will always be this pale.
>>
>>53173148
give heureka miniatures a look

>>53174293
>>53174911
fireforge foot seargeants for men at arms and frostgrave soldiers for peasantry would work too.
>>
>>53171337
>Elf souls dwelling in Waystones to be safe from Slaanesh and using Spirit Stones is pre-8e lore.

No it's not.
>>
File: 1469622092348.jpg (112KB, 718x530px) Image search: [Google]
1469622092348.jpg
112KB, 718x530px
>>53176287
Doesn't Naggaroth always have horrible weather anyway?

Also, that reminds me:

>bad guy factions (Chaos, Dark Eldar, Vampire Counts, Beastmen)
>always sabotaging themselves, having inter-faction warfare or only strongest wins, barely any sort of sense of economy or even unity
>somehow always have large, surprisingly loyal armies to throw at the good guys

>good guy factions (Empire, High Elves, Dwarves, etc)
>tend to have fairly united lands and common causes against foes, functioning and thought out economies and trade
>always on the defensive and never managing to defeat their disorganized enemies, sometimes refuse to work together despite all sense

What's the deal?
>>
>>53174543
Mordheim is 1999.
>>
Slaanesh pre 8th Ed was mainly known for corrupting Humans.

I may misremember it now, but I think the soul slurping off the tap was directly imported from 40k and didn't exist in that form before.

Kinda irrelevant since the only purpose of it was to facilitate a fat slaanesh sitting in a cave(that existed in the nothing)? Jesus this whole thing is so retarded just thinking about it makes my head hurt.
>>
>>53176752

Yeah I thought I was wrong, I was thinking of the great war against chaos.
>>
File: Chaos 4th edition.png (2MB, 1205x864px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos 4th edition.png
2MB, 1205x864px
> MFW I have all this 4th edition art but I'm never around to make the new thread.
>>
>>53176752
Either way, Bretonnia is still good. Unlike the Empire, it never really had any civil wars that lasted for longer than the span of a generation at best. Which is kind of lame, in my opinion.
>>
>>53176774
>I may misremember it now, but I think the soul slurping off the tap was directly imported from 40k and didn't exist in that form before.
Yep, that's correct. Elf souls have always been appealing to she who thirsts, but the idea Slaanesh has direct access to every elf that dies unless they take precautions is a direct 40k import.
>>
File: le_hoppy_merchant.jpg (29KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
le_hoppy_merchant.jpg
29KB, 960x540px
>>53166238
>happy merchants
>>
>>53176827
Please try to explain what's happening in the background.
>>
File: 1446869136046.jpg (67KB, 680x687px) Image search: [Google]
1446869136046.jpg
67KB, 680x687px
>>53174987
>regional occupation
>>
>>53171189
Go ahead and get it, you'll find yourself frustrated for a while, but it's still a fun time. there're even pvp leagues organised by the community if that's your jam, man.
>>
>>53176974
There's a giant daemon engine/siege tower behind him.
>>
>>53177111
Thanks, I knew it was something giant.
>>
>>53176984
One of the very first mods fixed that
>>
>>53177167
it's "no floppy hats" mod tier bad.
>>
>>53177205
Oh, so you're against occupying other regions. My mistake.
>>
>>53170634
I haven't played the game myself so i don't know if it mechanicly differs from the fellowship decrease but for gunndred you could give him a strong desire to grain street cred and start dominating peasants or something if his ego isn't pamperd.

it could also give him the desire to just intimidate random strangers.
>>
>>53170634
according to Handrich the end justifies the means so ripping somebody off is fine if the money goes to a good cause. If the payer keeps anything of value that he grained illegally for himself you can give him any debuff until he gives a big sum of money to some good cause
>>
>>53166157
concept isabella looked a lot better than the final product
>>
>>53177721
Concept anything looks almost always better.
>>
>>53177721
>a 2d drawing looks better than a 3d model that is directly used for gameplay.
You don't say.
>>
>>53177819
>being 2dpd
>>
>>53166238
What faction is this for? If it's Bretonnia, there's a major error in that merchants and craftsmen ARE peasants. It's a major facet of Bretonnia, they have no sanctioned merchant or burgher class, they're just peasants.
>>
>>53177990
it's the farming peasants they are referring to, as opposed to the city dwelling peasants.
>>
>>53175218
I'm sorry, but you are. It is much like comparing Warhammer with early Warcraft. It is impossible for the facts of the two settings to co-exist, since they directly contradict eachother in tone, underlying fluff/metaphysics, events, and basically every major part of what makes a setting a setting. The similarities are superficial, but they really aren't the same settings, which makes arguments regarding official canonicity irrelevant.
>>
>>53178070
Then it's still wrong, in that it should've said farmers, not peasants. The rewards even make it clear-cut between Happy Merchants and happy Peasants.
>>
>>53178070
>>53177990
>>53178143
Merchants are not part of the "citizen" class, such as knights and peasants, but Merchants do exist, merchants from the southern realms, merchants from the empire.
And even native Merchants. But they are not officially protected by knights, thus they usually have to get mercenaries to protect their caravans.

the idea that merchants do not exist in Bretonnia is a crude misconception
>>
>>53178346
I didn't say that there were no merchants, it's just that the merchants are peasants; there is no merchant class, and the fact that there are peasants risimg above their station by being successful merchants and that some nobles are dealimg with these merchants as if they are anything other than peasants, with some of these peasants actually becoming more powerful than some minor or poor nobles is a major issue in Bretonnia.

A nobleman would never make the distinction between merchants and peasants. It's just peasants. Even recognizing them as different classes to favor would be unthinkable, and a gross faux pas.

No matter how you cut it, the devs fucked up one way or another. The easiest solution would be to change it into craftsmen/farmers, avoiding the issue entirely.
>>
>>53178443
and I just said that he doesn't necessarily mean bretonnian citizen with merchants and craftsmen.

If they are considering either giving it to their smallfolk, or the middle class people living in the cities, that's the wording they'd use.
>>
>assemble a metric fuckton of skellingtons
>fuck yeah, finally can actually field my vampoires
>calculate points
>barely enough core for a tiny army

sweet jesus
>>
>tfw no WHFB novels narrated by Toby Longworth
>>
>>53178505
Come to the 7th edition (with the 6th edition armybooks), where a skeleton costs 8 points and 20-25 is enough for a full unit.
>>
>>53178584
nah, I crossed over to T9A.
i guess I'll just get more bat swarms, since they are core in T9A to balance things out
>>
is it okay to field units wider than minimum number of models in a rank, but below horde width? I happen to have exactly 7 Rat Ogres and was thinking of boosting them up to 8 with a filler and running them 4x2.

or should I go for max ranks, even incomplete ones, to stave off CR loss as far as I can?
>>
>>53167434
base size

and Archaon has 50x50 one, so he's a liar
>>
>>53175642
Does 3rd and older really contradict later stuff that much? I thought it was basically just a whole lot of minor retcons or really wacky stuff being left out.
>>
>>53178346
>no bretonnian does manufacturing or crafting or sells goods.
>>
hey, did anyone read the total warhammer novels?
>>
>>53179028
They weren't original stories, just collected old short stories.
>>
>>53179028
1d4chan mentions that Prince of Altdorf has cameo of Teclis, there is surprisingly few info about it on internet.
>>53179039
There is new ones about Bretonnia.
>>
>>53178517
>>53178505
you'd think that two metric fucktos would be enough
>>
>>53179039
no, the total warhammer ones, not the ones that BL recycled
>>
File: final-arch.jpg (58KB, 591x788px) Image search: [Google]
final-arch.jpg
58KB, 591x788px
>>53178982
>>
>>53168967
that's what happens when you do all the side quests and forget about main questline
>>
>>53176287
pale is always better than tank
nothing more beautiful than extremely pale skin
>>
>>53179894
*tan
>>
>>53178500
>If they are considering either giving it to their smallfolk, or the middle class people living in the cities, that's the wording they'd use.

That's just it, that's *not* the wording they'd use, because their "smallfolk" and their people living in the cities are *all* peasants. Bretonnia effectively only have two social classes, and it's nobility and peasants. There is no "middle class" when we're using wording that includes peasants, as nobility.

So if you want to differentiate between two types of peasants, you should; not call one group of peasants "peasants" and another group of peasants "merchants and craftsmen". To the Bretonnian nobility, they're all peasants, and if you need to differentiate between them, you'd likely refer to them by occupation or type, not their social standing (which is just peasant).

Either the developers are unaware of the distinctions involved, or they wrote it in an extremely confused manner.
>>
>>53167553
That'd be fucking rad.

Especially if you get to make your own as you special hero general dude.
>>
File: he qtie.jpg (803KB, 1675x717px) Image search: [Google]
he qtie.jpg
803KB, 1675x717px
https://youtu.be/g3CmxjTFv_Y
Can't wait for dark elves showcase.
>>
>>53180406
What a nice looking human. Wonder what they are doing down there in Lustria.
>>
File: 1493741235435.jpg (1MB, 5754x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1493741235435.jpg
1MB, 5754x2500px
>>53180446
The nicest looking.
>>
>>53180406
Is TW:W an alternate setting of WFB where everything originally happens after Karl Franz's coronation is different?
>>
>>53180497
everything that happens is up to the player.
>>
>>53180466
is it okay that I find her super-sexy not "in spite of", but actually "because of" her being in full armour?
>>
>>53180836
No anon, this opinion has never been uttered on this board before.
>>
>>53175642
>The Storm of Chaos timeline (proper wfb where chaos lost)
>WFRP timeline

Wasn't WFRP 2e basically a continuation of the Storm of Chaos?
>>
>>53175642
there's also a potential timeline where multiple plot threads set in 6th-7th-8th that have nothing to do with ET or avert it altogether actually get resolved and ET never comes to pass
(e.g. Durthu harnessing the immense power of the Ancients flowing in him to purge corruption of Athel Loren, Tyrion and stunties bitchslapping Mannfred and stopping Nagash's coming, etc.)
>>
>>53174156
As an Elf player, I'm fine with it. Nobody accuses me of playing for crunch now.
>>
>>53174693
Well yeah it happened.

So did Storm of Chaos and WAR. Just different universes.

616 is stagnant setting.
>>
>>53176774
Slaanesh corrupted everything. In 6e Elves too. That's literally his portfolio, corruption far beyond the other three.

I don't think a Slaanesh Dwarf or Ogre was ever mentioned though.

>>53178095
You mean late Warcraft.
Early Warcraft was literally Bretonnia VS Orcs. The guy who wrote the code was trying to secure the rights to Warhammer until Metzen saw it and went "Nah, let's make this our own thing".

>>53179894
I respectfully disagree, a natural tan skintone is nice. But pale skin that has been tanned...well, it depends on the person but is usually not as good.
>>53180497
Even Franz's coronation is different. The entire timeline is adjusted for its own setting.
>>
do i recall correctly that Wargames Factory stopped producing their fuckawesome cheapass skellingtons?
>>
>>53180446
fuck off beckjann
>>
>>53181092
Fair enough.
>>53181040
Yes and No, there are enough differences between the two by the end that you kinda have to separate them if you are getting technical. If you are making a backstory for an army or character the differences are so minor that they are a non-issue.
>>53178983
>Does 3rd and older really contradict later stuff that much?
Yes, I gotta go to work or I would list it out, but hopefully another anon can fill in for me there.

By the end, pick the timeline you like to rock and roll with while ignoring the complainers.
>>
Did Games Workshop make a huge mistake by not allowing Blizzard to license their name despite using their IP?

>Starcraft and World of Warcraft are two of the most popular games of all time
>Hugely popular Warcraft movie worldwide
>Warhammer Fantasy Battle and 40k would be two of the most important IPs in modern culture
>WFB would still exist and thrive

Why did GW not license?
>>
>>53181867
would they be as popular if they were Warhammers though?

Warcraft's appeal is its brightness and lack of grimdark
Starcraft's appeal is its industrial look as opposed to gothic, and smaller scale
>>
>>53181865
Well, 1e and 2e had no story. Just magic item flavor text.

3e was a generic fantasy setting, and a ripoff of D&D until the first half of Realm Of Chaos came out.
In 4e we had the first actual Warhammer edition for fluff, but the Emoire was worse off than the Imperium and more fragmented than Total Warhammer and Bretonnia was due to take them over any day. There was also an Ottoman threat, Cathay and Nippon, and in general was just our world plus Chaos, Dwarfs, and Elves.
>>
>>53181867
Blizzard cut off the negotiations early.

See, they let their programmers work on projects on the side. Warcraft 1 was designed by a yuge Warhammer fanboy who wanted to license the IP, but after a very short negotiation period the Blizzard execs ended the idea since they wanted to continue making their own IPs instead of being a license developer.

Starcraft and 40k was never even a possibility.
>>
>>53181944
Games Workshop wasn't grimdark in 1994 tho.
>>
>>53181944
I thought the appeal of Starcraft was funny white trash in space, ayyy samurai, and the coolest looking space bugs not designed by HR.
>>
File: raiden.gif (3MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
raiden.gif
3MB, 420x236px
>tfw you'll never be a baka gaijin slave toiling away in a freezing Clar Karond drydock while your owner fucks your wife in the slave pens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6jp_MKI_6w
>>
File: IMG_9978.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9978.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>53182169
>YYYYHEAAAAH
>HAAAAAAH
>BAAAHHHHH AYYY
>>
>>53182130
>the Emoire was worse off than the Imperium and more fragmented than Total Warhammer and Bretonnia was due to take them over any day

That's much older fluff than 4th edition, 4th was the first modern edition. The Empire was what it is today.
>>
>>53182715
No, the 3e Empire was mostly undefined and what was there just resembled the real life Holy Roman Empire. There was no Empire before 3e.
>>
>>53182749
4e had Karl Fucking Franz, and not weak dying faggot who could only collect taxes but emperor on griffon.
>>
>>53182233
>Clar Karond
Love how Chaos Dwarfs and Dark elves could be best buds, enslaving the world and giving it to their dark industry. Except they are just too gosh darn evil to ever team up.
>>
>>53182872
Karl fucking Franz was not originally a badass, he was described as inept and an unworthy successor to Magnus who held little real political power.

He became a badass in 5e.

You can see wimpy Karl in Genevieve the Vampire, since it was written to reflect 4e lore.
>>
>>53182880
Dark Elves coordinate with Skaven and Chaos. Orcs and Goblins in WAR.

Chaos Dwarfs are just too far and too few to be really useful.
>>
>>53177721
I like her in-game model. Makes her far bestial looking.
>>
>>53183265
I wish she was more bestial. Von Carsteins aren't Lahmians, they want to maintain the idea of being human but also want to be visibly frightening. Beasts in fine clothing.
>>
>>53183198
Karl Franz in Beasts in Velvet is a legitimately good statesman and that was published in 1991 during third edition.

>"Being the Emperor's confessor was a unique privilege, but the sins Karl-Franz worried and fretted over were so paltry, so insignificant. Hasselstein envied the Emperor his uncomplicated nature. He was a truly good man and truly unselfconscious about it."
>>
What would be a good lore reason for a questing knight and his buddies to go to Mordheim?
I was thinking maybe they just want to spread chivalry, but why would they collect wyrdstone? Maybe just to keep it out of enemy hands?
>>
>>53183503
Questing Knights might end up anywhere. They wouldn't necessarily collect wyrdstone in Mordheim.
>>
>>53181865
>Yes and No, there are enough differences between the two by the end

Like what? I always considered WFRP2 to be part of the core Warhammer Fantasy setting and continuity, and that it simply picked up where Storm of Chaos left off. I haven't seen any inconsistencies, really - minor or major.

Especially considering that most minor issues can be explained with unreliable narration.
>>
>>53183386
I agree; I always considered Karl Franz as an old and somewhat impotent ruler but that was incredibly shrewd in his own right, and a legitimately good statesman on the down-low, that played the political games simply because he had to.

Making him a Gary Stu with a lolhueg hammer out on the battlefield riding a gryffon by himself was a fucking mistake, and completely fucking ridiculous. The Emperor shouldn't be anywhere near the battlefield like that; it shows incredibly bad judgement, and after all, the Emperor is just a man, not superhuman. The very idea of superman-level humans without magic or divine intervention is a betrayal of what makes Warhammer Warhammer to me.

>>53183386
Collecting Wyrdstone is hard to explain, but if you just want them to go to Mordheim, that's easy, since a questing knight is out to prove himself, protect the weak, etc, etc.

Merely hearing about Mordheim should get Questing Knights rushing there to check it out or to drive back the evil or anything of that sort.
>>
in a 2000 point battle how do i get a level 4 wizard if i can only have 1 lord but i want my general to be a lord
>>
>>53178948
anyone?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1pUNQjd6w Just thought I'd drop the new trailer , hope that's okey. Some ingame action of the Lizardmen
>>
>>53185452
>same premise as Bret trailer
>a dude gets his ass almost kicked and a big honcho saves him
>except a skink is more badass than bret lord the whole trailer
I approve.
>>
>>53185586
bretonnia exists so that the empire can expand westward.
>>
>>53185659
true that
>>
>>53185659
fuck off, sigmar
>>
>>53186014
t. elf worshipper
myrmidia >>> ze lady
>>
>>53186089
t. black powder worshipper
chivalry >>> gay guns
>>
>>53186089
>myrmidia
>goddess of sucking sigmar's dick
>>
>>53186148
MYRMIDIA IS PURE
PURE
>>53186101
>worshipping blackpowder
fuck off bretonnian, alchemy is science, not magic.
>>
>>53186101
>>53186089
t. Umgu Elgi-vithangs
>>
>>53183198
The Empire didn't get an armybook in the 5th edition, they had to use the 4th edition book.
>>
File: brets in mordheim.jpg (78KB, 497x298px) Image search: [Google]
brets in mordheim.jpg
78KB, 497x298px
>>53183503
>>
>>53186089
t. hipster
>>
Posting for ded gaem
>>
>>53185452
Aren't the High Elves and Lizardmen supposed to be allied with generally mutual goals? Why are they fighting each other? Shouldn't it be Lizardmen v.s. Dark Elves?
>>
>>53186168
>MYRMIDIA IS PURE
never said she wasn't
http://media.oglaf.com/comic/immaculate2_.jpg
>>
>>53176719
One gives no fucks about mortality and comfort.

One strives everyday to live a long life in comfort.

Which do you think is attacking people more?literally the devising comes from "why should I throw my guys into your war? What if I'm attacked while helpping you? No, you need to sweeten this deal.". Comfort usually trumps the bigger picture.
>>
>>53186567
>One strives everyday to live a long life in comfort.

Then explain why the Norsemen seek a life of constant struggle and conflict over a life of peace.
>>
>>53184044
To be fair, he WAS a direct war-leader as a younger man.
It's just that stuff like the TW event battle at Blackfire Pass is representing an event that originally happened like twenty-odd years ago and now he's a fourty-something old guy.
>>
>>53186148
>implying you wouldn't suck Sigmar's dick.
>>
>>53186603
They are adjacent to what exactly? I mean, you don't have to be full fucking mutant to be influenced by chaos. I may be wrong, but arnt norscans the easiest to recruit for chaos?
>>
File: file.png (340KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
340KB, 600x620px
about to place my first order for some minis and citadel essentials paint set. i'll pick up the rest of the shit i need from michaels like hobby knives and pallets. Anything else I should get? Just doing a box of 10 minis to see if I like it.
>>
>>53186463
knights of the blazing sun are always god tier.
>>
>>53187045
remember not to thin your paints, it ends up wasting paints in the long run and looks shitty
>>
>>53187072
every video ever says to thin your paints though. now im conflicted
>>
>>53187092
its a meme basically, you only thin them if you're making a wash out of a normal paint
>>
File: Pathfinder_Battles_Thin.jpg (59KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder_Battles_Thin.jpg
59KB, 395x450px
>>53187072
Piss off troll. It's always a good idea to thin your paints though the extent is debatable. There are many examples of the result of not thinning the paint.
>>53187092
He's trying to trick you.
>>
>>53187115
nice meme
>>
>>53187115
>>53187105
who do i believe

also any recommendations for colors on these guys >>53187045

was thinking about doing a dark foresty green color for armor/shields/banners. seems like i'll ned a lot of different colors for the skin, hoves, hairy pants, horns/weapons as well.
>>
>>53187157
for a dark foresty green colour i use death world forest for base, then straken green for highlight and nurgling green for even more highlight. i lay it on nice and thick too, ends up with a great finish
>>
>>53187157
Thin your paints, the other guy is fucking with you.
If you don't believe me, watch literally any mini painting tutorial on youtube - GW's very own Duncan Rhodes does good ones.
>>
>>53185452
Tiqtaq'to being saved by Kroq-Gar so he can kill Belakor and save the world from End Times.

Are CA our guys ?
>>
>>53187246
thin your paints literally has a know your meme page last time i checked, it really isnt necessary or good
>>
>>53187269
>kill Belakor
SCREAMING
WITH ROCKS
>>
>>53187178
for a model like an ungor with primarily fleshy parts and then the hairy pants whats the best strategy for handling that? feels like you run the risk of painting over the fleshy parts with darker paints if you save the hair for last
>>
File: 1438592266272.png (5MB, 1472x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1438592266272.png
5MB, 1472x1716px
>>53187328
Mandatory pic
>>
File: Be'lakor vs Archaon.png (882KB, 9768x712px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor vs Archaon.png
882KB, 9768x712px
>>53187328
Not him.

>>53187269
>implying

Archaon with the Slayer of Kings and Gotrek with a rune axe created to kill the Chaos Gods couldn't kill Be'lakor.

But even if the impossible happens, then Be'lakor can simply reset the timeline. The End Times are going happen whether you like it or not, as long as Be'lakor controls the timeline.
>>
>>53187341
>>53187045
What kind of results do you want/expect ? How much time do you want to spend on each of the minis ?
>>
And speaking about Be'lakor, he is totally be the big bad of the final expansion when they introduce daemons since Chaos daemons don't have a uniting figure outside of him.
>>
>>53187409
I'm kind of a perfectionist but Ive also never painted anything, also trying to not spend too much if I don't like it enough to continue, but not so little that if I like it they look like shit.
>>
>>53187472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-hvOoRDPCM
>>
>>53187557
Based ty
>>
>>53187557
I find it crazy how bad some people paint when there are tons of videos like this that show exactly how to do everything step by step. Imagine how hard it must have been to be a good mini painter back in the late eighties when there were virtually zero resources
>>
>>53187472
I'm partial to the way I was taught to paint : you learn to make proper basecoats (here : green, skin, brown), then you learn how to wash and then you learn how to highlight. This way you can always go back to your first minis and do the next step once you got it nailed down.

I'd go with a black primer, then use a brown primer (I use fur brown or leather brown from the Army Painter) but way more lightly so you can still see the black in the details, layer of bestigor flesh on the skin, green on the cloth and banners, correct the brown where you fucked up, a darker brown for the weapons and a metal colour for the weapon. That's step one

Step two you grab a strong tone from the army painter and you wash the whole thing except the metal and the cloth.

Step three you wash the metal and the cloth in a black wash.

The minis won't look bad when you get there, but you'll need a bit more practice for edge highlights.
>>
>>53186487
You can ally for mutual goals or destroy each other, work on the Vortex or just wipe out the competition. Just like Skaven and Dark Elves to each other no doubt.
>>
>>53187391
Sorry.

Warhammer is just ripoff wargame D&D, and Gygax's word is supreme.

Rocks fell. Be'lakor died.
>>
>>53187447
They don't have a uniting figure with him either. He isn't allowed to win.

You'll be playing Archaon's birdy.
>>
>>53186487
dark elves want to steal shit
high elves think they can actually fix shit

the latter is a much larger problem
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/WIP
>>
>>53187865
Nope, cannot touch the Foretoken.

>>53187894
He is the only important Undivided figure that in the whole daemon faction in warhammer fantasy, and the guy who is the rival/father of Archaon. He is also mentioned in game as the one who crowned Archaon.

He is totally going be in.
>>
>inb4 Belakor isn't in TWW
>one single mention of him in the teradons/ripperdactyl recruitment building
Let's face it, so far CA shat all over End Times lore and we know they play Kings of War. They probably don't think too high of him.
>>
File: fond-ecran-64217,mordheim.jpg (339KB, 852x1212px) Image search: [Google]
fond-ecran-64217,mordheim.jpg
339KB, 852x1212px
>>53188084
Man I remember when Be'lakor was the Dark Master and the Shadowlord. I had a sweet chaos warband that worshipped him back in 2002.

I disavow all the End Times stuff. He wasn't always a bad character.
>>
>>53188219
I seem to remember blowing him the fuck out of albion, yeah.

he was okay I guess, up until they gave him a figure
>>
>>53188219
Actually, they made him more super cool and a deeper character than the "muahahahaha I am EVUL" that they had before.

He is the Lucifer. The father of the Antichrist, and author of the End Times.

>>53188084
Be'lakor is an old and beloved character. Dude has an entire chapter dedicated to him in the Liber Chaotica.

He was voted as the best villain of the Gotrek and Felix series.
>>
>>53188316
Heresy man-thing!
>>
>>53188316
>belakucks never stop with their mental illness

brb getting my rock
>>
>>53188468
>http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-at-bl/gand-f-top-5-villains.html
>THE TOP FIVE GOTREK & FELIX VILLAINS

>1. Be’lakor

>The Slayer has faced many daemons, including Greater Daemons of Khorne and Slaanesh, but the most powerful of the lot has to be the first daemon prince of Chaos, the mastermind behind the evil plans Gotrek and Felix face in Slayer, Be’lakor himself. We won’t spoil the tragic events of the new novel, but it’s worth noting that Be’lakor has crossed paths with the heroic duo before, as they were swept up in strange events around the ruins of Mordheim in City of the Damned.

Eat your heart out, Rat.
>>
>>53171619
Give them a sword of striking

It grants +5% was on top of being master crafted, for a total of +10% to hit

Then have a noble demand it off of them. They can surrender it for the imperial war effort or fight the noble and his bodyguards.

Having besmirched a noble and withheld magical artifices from the realm they are now wanted fugitives and many adventurers and bounty hunters will come to claim their heads and the sword
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 265x635px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 265x635px
do i do it? i figure i'll wait on the green/bone accents until i figure if i like it or not and these'll probably be ungor raiders so no need for metal weapon paint yet.
>>
>>53187975
Undivided is not the leader of Chaos.

It'll be Tzeentch's pet birb.

>>53188316
Lucifer was beautiful, Be'lakor is fickugly and always has been.
Lucifer demanded free will, Be'lakor had it but acted like a cunt so Tzeentch took it away.
Be'lakor can't claim credit for anything because he is Tzeentch's puppet as punishment for being a cunt.

He's also neither old nor beloved. Kemmler, Bugman, and Teclis are old and beloved. Be'lakor is third wave GW and they rig their polls.
>>
File: BB_skaven_cheerleaders1.jpg (91KB, 560x343px) Image search: [Google]
BB_skaven_cheerleaders1.jpg
91KB, 560x343px
>>53188630
>404 not found
>>
>>53188798
You buy cheaper paints that don't come in shit containers.

GW paints are only good in the Technical range. The rest is the same exact shit but overpriced.
>>
File: Be'lakor.jpg (110KB, 692x772px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor.jpg
110KB, 692x772px
Be'lekek, architect of Warhammercraft returns!
>>
File: Bel.png (4MB, 1149x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Bel.png
4MB, 1149x1494px
>>53188882
Use the wayback machine, dum dum.

>>53188866
>Lucifer was beautiful, Be'lakor is fickugly and always has been.

Actually, everyone who sees Be'lakor get horny and drawn to him. Be'lakor fathered thousands of children with nearly every race that walked the world.

He is that hawt.

>Lucifer demanded free will, Be'lakor had it but acted like a cunt so Tzeentch took it away.

So did Be'lakor. He refused to be the slave of the Chaos Gods and saw himself as their equal. For his pride he got punished like the DEVIL.

>Be'lakor can't claim credit for anything because he is Tzeentch's puppet as punishment for being a cunt.

Be'lakor shenanigans led to nearly everything that has happened in this setting while Tzeentch was nothing but a guy who keeps throwing wrenches in his plans.

>He's also neither old nor beloved.

He is. Have you read the interviews about him and his character focus? He is the quintessential shadowy bad guy behind the scenes villain of the setting.
>>
>>53187272
shut your damn FACE
>>
File: Right behind you.jpg (49KB, 701x959px) Image search: [Google]
Right behind you.jpg
49KB, 701x959px
>Shadows scrapped around its ankles, benighted children squalling for the approval of their dark master. The daemon drew itself to its full height, lifting back its horned head and beating out its leathery black wings. The daemon was as lithe as a panther, and though its musculature was harder than stone it had a smooth, ephemeral quality akin to smoked glass. An eight-pointed star, the symbol of Undivided Chaos, shone like a crack in the void from its broad chest. It clenched its fists, muscle gliding across muscle, glorying in its own dark skin. Gustav quailed, enraptured, as the gaze of the demi-god passed briefly over him. Its eyes were a bottomless black, an eternal shadow into which a man might fall, forever fall, and never, ever reach their darkest point.

Text related. Be'lakor makes you gay just by looking at him.
>>
File: advisor.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
advisor.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
I JUST WANT TO K NOW WHO THIS FUCK IS
>>
>>53189047
Some OC guy created for the game.
>>
>>53168377
>The Deathdealer

Okay I'll admit it, I don't know who that is. Are you referring to the barbarian with the evil helmet?
>>
>>53188977
So he has nothing to do with Lucifer except the superficial pottery, he's fuckugly but for GW's "tell, don't show" writing, and because the writers have a raging hardon their favorite plot device he's "beloved".

Tell me, if he's so great why is he entirely unimportant in 30k, 40k, Blood Bowl, and AoS? Because he ain't Magnus, that's for sure.
>>53189036
That's cute.

Too bad he's fuckugly in our world.
>>
>>53189202
>if he's so great why is he entirely unimportant in 30k, 40k, Blood Bowl, and AoS?

You do know if Be'lakor did nothing in 40K then

1) Abaddon wouldn't have risen to be the Warmaster
2) Ahriman wouldn't be able to do the Second Rubric and Magnus would remain as a shattered being with each shard of him wwarring against the other
3) Cadia would have been dust.

As for AoS, Be'lakor was mentioned because he has yet to make an appearance. Perhaps in season two he will when they explore the Realm of Shadow.

>Too bad he's fuckugly in our world.

I dunno. A lot of people have a thing for muscular daemon guys. Have you been to e621?
>>
>>53189115
Yeah.

Deathdealer was damned by fate to end the world and kill his friends.

So he tracked the unkillable physical personification of fate down and killed it, because literally nothing including the fact he was 100% destined to fail would make him stop. Then he told the huns to fuck off, saving his friends, and became the Mediterranean Sea. Because of him mankind is no longer shackled by fate and the world progressed from Conan's era to ours rather than ending.

So basically he automatically passes all WILL saves and became a god because of it. Contrast to Archaon who was just an emo bitch who kept looking for someone to give him an out and hated them for not doing so.
>>
>>53189202
>he's "beloved"
He's only beloved to one very dedicated shitposter, man.
>>
>>53189260
So he's a bit player in 40k who advanced the plot so ACTUAL main characters star the show.

e621 has higher standards. He doesn't even sparkle, is only one gender, and his butt is nothing to shlick to.
>>
>>53189202
its literally one obsessed bela poster just like tv had

just with different belas. i suppose it could be the same anon though...
>>
>>53186922
Nah, that would be Beastmen. Followed by the tribes in the northern steppes. Norse are on a comfy third place.
>>
>>53189264
Deathdealer never had a father figure that he felt have failed him in his greatest moment of need.

Archaon really wanted to heard by his god even if it meant burning the entire world to get his attention. Also he wanted to end the cycle of hypocrisy and suffering that gripped the world for too long. The world was dying so better mercy kill it and let a new world emerge from the ashes rather than allow to linger much longer.

GW outright calls him an "anti-hero" because at the end of the day he is a hero with good intentions however he is so tainted and flawed at the same time.
>>
>>53189293
>So he's a bit player in 40k

He is the ball mover and manipulator of characrers of the setting. Be'lakor the one who sets up the plot from behind the scenes and pushes at the right direction, knowingly and unknowingly. That's his purpose in both settings and he does a damn well job at it.
>>
>>53189335
>Deathdealer never had a father figure that he felt have failed him in his greatest moment of need.

You're right. Because he didn't have a father figure.
He became his own man.

GW has no idea what an antihero is, and only the mentally ill would agree with his philosophy.
>>
>>53189377
So in other words he's a plot device who has no value to the story other than advancing it because he is not a starring character and has no development as the plot goes on.

He appears to make an important character continue the plot but himself has no other purpose and disappears when not in use.
>>
when is age of skubmar going away? they can just retcon the end times like they did storm of chaos, right?
>>
File: 1485666270043.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1485666270043.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>53166157
>tfw you will never be the Fay Enchantress's personal foot worshipper, gently sucking her toes and softly tickling her feet.
>>
>>53187045

Make sure you undercoat your models. You'd be surprised how many newbs think you can skip this stage.
>>
Advisor-kun better be advising factions in the New World god damn it.
>>
>>53181690
Wargames Factory sold most of their shit off to warlord.
I think they are supposed to be selling them now.
There was however something about the molds being redone so the feet were gonna be a bit more sturdy.

Warlord has a habit of sitting on stuff though.
They've had the pro gloria landsknechts for a few years now and nothing happened.
>>
>>53189047
Just play the game. They make it very clear who he is.
>>
>>53190598
You don't get that unless you're playing as Chaos warriors
>>
>>53190650

Is he a birdman? Might as well ruin it for me.
>>
>>53190856
Advisorman and his birb become Sarthorael the Everwatcher, the greater daemons of Tzeentch, and are the "final boss" of the chaos warriors campaign. It's not clear if the bird was the demon and it killed him, or they're both one thing, or what. Supposedly the artist who worked on him said that he's supposed to be the guy in the game's opening cinematic, even if that fellow is superficially reminiscent of Egrimm Van Horstmann instead.
>>
File: 1487706081623.jpg (198KB, 796x595px) Image search: [Google]
1487706081623.jpg
198KB, 796x595px
>>53190932

Pretty cool.
>>
>>53190991
Also when you beat any grand campaign you unlock Sarthorael to be used in custom and multiplayer battles as a chaos lord choice, he's pretty fun. Sadly not usable in campaign without mods though
>>
>>53167149
>he's the worst Character GW ever wrote until Nu-Sigmar came along

wrong. the worst is by FAR, Malal
>>
File: 9890patrbis-e1442065141966.png (2MB, 1000x1302px) Image search: [Google]
9890patrbis-e1442065141966.png
2MB, 1000x1302px
How many Bretonnian Knights would it take ti kill one Stormcast Eternal?
>>
>People can't admit that they're mad at Archaon because he was used to kill the setting, because that would obviously be childish.
>Instead they pretend to hate Archaon because "he's a bad character"
>>
>>53191092
One, with the blessing of the lady
though any who would lose Her blessing are unchivalrous churls to the bone anyway
>>
>caring at all about skubtastic 8th ed and ET chaoswank about belakek
couldn't care less about some warcraft tier writing.
>>
>>53191219
why can't we hate Archaon for both? He's a shitty character and nothing but a plot bicycle to kill the setting.
>>
File: 20170511_231714.jpg (623KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_231714.jpg
623KB, 1440x1080px
I finally painted my Krell mini this week and just finished him an hour or two ago.
>>
File: 12.jpg (125KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
125KB, 533x800px
>>53191842

Fookin' noice.
>>
>>53184044
>The very idea of superman-level humans without magic or divine intervention is a betrayal of what makes Warhammer Warhammer to me.
I think what really made this happen was when they decided to switch to... 6th edition I think?

The edition that ended the reign of Herohammer, where before a Vampire Lord was the strongest non-special character you could put on the table with Strength 7 and Toughness 6, and could solo a dragon with little effort. Compared to that tearing its way across your table, your S and T 4 human warlord was nothing special, even decked out with magic. And then they decided to cap all characters at S and T 5.
>>
>>53187391
>Be'lakor
>never had the balls to face the might of the Slann
>thinking he's just going to do some time mojo and change things if he does get stomped
Fucking with Chaos' day is practically all the Lizardmen do.

Also...
>daily reminder that when the Slann are meditating in their pyramids to shore up the elves' Great Warding
>what they're literally doing is detaching from their bodies and annihilating daemons in the empyrean itself
>and they never die or come back possessed
>>
AoS was a mistake
>>
File: 38356939.jpg (91KB, 598x400px) Image search: [Google]
38356939.jpg
91KB, 598x400px
>>53192955
Please do not utter that wretched name in this hallowed place.
>>
>>53186089
I don't get the comparison between Myrmidia and the Lady. They aren't all that similar, or even share similar roles to their worshipers. At least comparing her to Sigmar or Ulric would make sense, since they're all war deities.
>>
>>53192829
part of why 6th edition is best edition, really

Nice mix of single models, cavalry, warmachines, monsters and regiments mattering. A super decked out lord or hero can still totally swing fights, but it's not the "I kill your entire army on my own" levels of the 5e vampire lord.
>>
>>53186567
But why are the factions that seem unable to stop shooting themselves in the foot and backstabbing each other doing so well and being such a real threat?
>>
>>53193027
>But why
The setting only really focuses on times of extreme danger, glossing over or quietly ignoring the large stretches of peace between big ol' invasions.
>>
I'm getting a little irritated trying to find some stats for Skaven enemies I have coming up. I've found all I need so far except for the properties of Warpstone Bullets.

I know what they do in lore, nasty shit for sure, but I can't for the life of me find where they're listed in the book and what mechanical difference they provide. I know there has to be one, because, for example, the Ratling Gun is almost identical to the Blunderbuss, but Ratling Guns are nightmarish, and the book says it's stronger because it "fires Warpstone Bullets, capable of decimating entire enemy regiments." or something like that.

Yeah, cool, but where's the fucking mechanics of it? Does it add damage? Armor piercing? While I could probably homebrew in fluff-accurate effects, I'd like to know if there's already some in the books that I know are balanced and good, but after searching through nearly every book I have that would list info on them, I can't find anything at all.

Help, anyone?
>>
>>53193103
This is for second edition of the RPG by the way.
>>
>>53188219
I liked that too, and how they tied it into the Storm of Chaos...

Since the Chaos Gods have been treating him like a punk for 5,000 years. So he engineers Albion and Mordheim and uses them to store up enough power to break free of the Gods' punishment, so he can mess up their plans by beating their chosen Champion.

And then shit went downhill with this whole "there's no undivided chaos but him" shit, and other things that made him suck.

>>53191842
>tfw I finally realized why Kemmler wore that hat.
>he was just trying to look tall next to KRell
>>
File: 1322532657881.jpg (54KB, 620x496px) Image search: [Google]
1322532657881.jpg
54KB, 620x496px
>Just getting into the miniature portion of WHFB
>Reading Headtaker, to get a better look into skaven life and style
>Good portion of the book has actually gotten me interested in dawi culture as well
>reached the part with the slayer oaths

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how a slayer oath makes them different from regular militia? Is it just a berserker path? Or is it a "I'll break any rule to achieve my goal" thing so they dont fuck with the family name.

Bonus question: Is there any, fan read or otherwise, audio books for WHFB? It would be fucking killer to dig into the lore while painting.
>>
>>53193290
>Can someone give me a quick rundown on how a slayer oath makes them different from regular militia? Is it just a berserker path? Or is it a "I'll break any rule to achieve my goal" thing so they dont fuck with the family name.
Not sure what you are trying to say here.
A slayer works like this, a dwarf is dishonored, dwarfen culture demands that he abandon his life and take the slayer oath, an oath were the must die in combat in order to regain their lost honor. Thus, they are absolutely reckless and roam the land looking for something that can kill them. A poor fighter soon finds that death, the ones that don't become better, to the point where they start seeking out incredibly insane things to fight just to find that sweet death. So they are kinda survival of the fittest with dragon and daemon slayers being combat gods, but survival is actually failure.
>>
File: krell.png (2MB, 1191x1588px) Image search: [Google]
krell.png
2MB, 1191x1588px
>>53193160
Krell is a big guy...

Something I've noticed with other people's Krell models is that they have difficulty getting Krell's ax / hands piece to line up with their sockets without bending the ax's shaft. I just ended up using a little blob of greenstuff to fill in the gap and it worked out fine.
>>
>>53193388
alright makes a little more sense. In the book it looked like he preemptively took a slayer oath, I thought it was just absolution from any dishonor because he renounced family and wealth.
>>
>>53192926
Sometimes they die if things get real hairy.
>>
>>53193115
>>53193103
It lays it out pretty clear in choldrenof the horned rat. They do extra damage, armour piercing and if not immediately and completely removed from a wound will poison and possibly mutate a victom
>>
>>53191842
Next you need to get the real Krell.
>>
File: 2543.jpg (47KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
2543.jpg
47KB, 800x575px
>>53194988
>>
>>53190528
oh, that's something. I ran out of my stock of WF skellingtons and couldn't buy more and was sad. will look into Warlord minis
>>
>>53191219
I hated Archaon long before End Times were even leaked

I tend to dislike BBEGs unless they have a good motivation.
>>
>>53193667
But the Ratling Gun only deals as much damage as a Blunderbuss and has no Armor Piercing, and the Errata doesn't buff it either. RAW, it's just a blunderbuss with a much longer reload time and the potential for mutation if you use an alternate rule. I'm more likely than not gonna buff it. I really wish they'd just included a section on Warpstone bullets and not force us guess at it.

Still better than 3E.
>>
Reposting from aos general.

Help me oldfags. I'm trying to find a set of pictures that used to be on the lizardmen page fucking years ago when geedubs actually used to do hobby articles on their website.

It was basically a fuckhuge lizardmen city being invaded by Skaven. There was a big Skaven drill coming up in a plaza, terradons flying over a waterfall and a bunch of other shit.

But for the life of me I cannot fucking find it.
>>
In terms of fluff who would win in a fight between a Grail Knight and a Chaos Chosen?
>>
>>53195502
google for games day displays

Pretty sure that is what that was. I remember it too.
If you're inclined you could check out the White Dwarfs around the years the lizardman armybook was updated and got the new plastic warriors.
>>
>>53195526
Yeah I found it, thanks Anon. The article doesn't have any of the cool shots though which is a real shame.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060112111435/http://us.games-workshop.com:80/games/warhammer/lustria/terrain/FR_board/5.htm

If anyone is interested.
>>
What is Warhammer Skirmish? I can't find much info on it. Have any of you played it? How does it compare to Mordheim?
>>
File: WHFB skirmish scenarios.pdf (8MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
WHFB skirmish scenarios.pdf
8MB, 1x1px
>>53195984
kind of like killteam for 40k, a way to play the game with less miniatures.

The thing that could have saved WHFB if GW had bothered with making it accessible to beginner that don't have 200 minis on hand.
>>
>>53196039
Thanks mate.
>>
How is that that AoS rules look so good on 40k but so shit on Fantasy?
Everyone is kinda praising them in 40k threads

Could it be that instead of the change of rules moost of the spite here comes from on how they killed the setting and replaced it with an abomination both in visual and in fluff?
>>
>>53196176
don't forget that GW essentially used AoS as testing ground.
with the playtesting feedback they made the general's handbook and developed the points system.

If you had put AoS rules as they were on day 1 into AoS I'm pretty sure people would have reacted a bit differently.

But yeah. Obviously killing off the setting has something to do with it. As well as the reveal. WHFB was gone from one day to the next and replaced with something entirely different.

GW took a days to release info about 40k via slow drip.
>>
Probably a long shot, but does anyone know what this is?
http://www.azureknight.com/mordheim/Bretonnian%20Knights.htm
It says in the top right that it's taken from Town Cryer 8, but this warband is different from the one in Town Cryer 8. Is this an updated version or something? The one from Town Cryer 8 is the first result on Google when you search "bretonnian warband" if you want to see what I mean. Are they both made by the same guy?
>>
>>53196176
because they are vastly different games in the first place. FB is about boxes of units and large armies and stuff, while 40k is about smaller flexible units
I reckon AoS is pretty decent skirmish system nowadays. I may try it sometime if I get over my distaste and bitterness of it.
>>
what's default army size in T9A, like 2k was in 8th?
>>
>>53196219
>By Tom Merrigan,
>as appeared in Town Cryer 8
>& Annual 2002 Errata. Updated by Us

>Updated by Us

Top right corner
>>
File: MED302[1].png (211KB, 874x212px) Image search: [Google]
MED302[1].png
211KB, 874x212px
>>53196426
Alright just wanted to make sure I was understanding that right
Time to purify Mordheim
>>
>>53196176

I think 40K was in a worse situation than Fantasy just down to the level of bloat. In Fantasy you had 1 rule book and 1 army book for every faction.

In 40K it was a rulebook, a codex, 2 supplements, a campaign with formations, WD articles with formations, then paid downloads with formations etc. I think everyone wanted simplification.

Having said that, 40K saw much less simplification than Fantasy. 40K seems to have kept nearly every rule in some form but condensed it down to one roll of some form instead of multiple.

40K was also a much simpler game to begin with, they'll feel the reduction less.

>>53196389

Everything has effectively been doubled, so 2K = 4K in new money. I think 4500 is the currently popular size of game.
>>
>>53196495
okay, thanks. apparently I got enough core for a standard army size then. good.
>>
File: trolls.jpg (254KB, 1000x603px) Image search: [Google]
trolls.jpg
254KB, 1000x603px
anyone got any images comparing sizes of various models, or similar models from different companies? i'm trying to make a library of comparison images
>>
>>53195984

I always preferred regiments of renown. That plays like a simpler Mordheim.

Skirmish is basically quick Fantasy with smaller units.
>>
File: 79.gif (810KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
79.gif
810KB, 500x281px
> TFW FW bring back the old Verminlord just before Rats are announced for TW:W2.

These guys get it.
>>
>>53196647
honestly FW would be absolute bro-tier if it wasn't so expensive, the guys running it know what they're doing and they do it well
>>
>>53196661
Forgeworld is what GW should be.
Nowadays even the prices aren't looking that bad compared to GW.
>>
>>53196578
i'll give you a hot tip: google 'stuff i'm curious about' + size comparison
I'm not even being flippant, just google it, there are hundreds of comparison shots for different manufactuers, ranges etc.
Historicals do this frequently because people love mixing and matching, but you can find comparison shots for 3rd party bits and other sci-fi and fantasy ranges besides GW on hobby blogs, forums and social media platforms, because it's a staple of any good review these days to post these.
Bruekenkopf, a german news page, does these for basically every single review they do. Start there if you can't think of anything else.

I have a folder filled to the brim with all sorts of stuff, I could fill an entire thread by myself. That is to say it's so easy to find you don't need to wait around here to get it and I'm not gonna waste my time
>>
>>53196647
meh, I never liked it much, since it's so fucking massive and fat. I mean, it was ten times better than ET Verminlord and hundred times better than old GW vermin lord, but still meh.
and so expensive too.

I'm quite happy with my own conversion.

>>53196749
i tried, but my google normally gives me army shots and stuff. must have something to do with what I google often, as it changes what searches return somewhat
>>
>>53196928
>i tried, but my google normally gives me army shots and stuff. must have something to do with what I google often, as it changes what searches return somewhat
so are you looking for something specific then?
>>
someone make a new thread
>>
>>53197150
Relax, we are at page 9.
>>
>>53197150
no, you do it
>>
>>53196176
that, and Fantasy fans don't want to give up their regimented battles. Warhammer Fantasy has been *the* regimented war game for decades, and in terms of gameplay it's the most obvious difference between it and 40k. The models are designed to look good in formation too, which means putting them on round bases scattered around a map unfortunately takes away from then a fair bit.

Fantasy Battle is still my game. I'm going to keep playing it until I run out of people to play it with, though fortunately after 3 years of Fantasy Battle living on through sheer will and stubbornness of the community, it looks like that won't be any time soon.
>>
>>53192926
Actually, in the first war against Chaos, Be'lakor fought against the Slaan and he noted that they were no threat to his power.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.