[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy Battle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 62

File: IMG_0074.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
Exceptionally Good Mood Edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
last thread
>>53086672
>>
First for shaven dwarf-beards.
>>
File: IMG_0047.jpg (170KB, 1200x1441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0047.jpg
170KB, 1200x1441px
>>53124775
bumping with Art
>>
>>53124842
>be stunted fatass
>on diplomatic mission to foreign country
>make baseless accusations without any evidence to back it up and demand reparation
>they tell you to fuck off and provide some evidence and an actual request, not a demand
>come back without evidence and demand twice the reparation because reasons
>be introduced to local customs of a clean shaven chin like actually civilized people
>chimp out and start a war that will cripple the great civilisations of the world forever
>>
>>53124879
>every dwarf in every setting ever
>>
>>53124879
>inb4 the high elf armybook is lying and the dwarf armybook is telling the unbiased truth about everything
>>
>Caliver Books has a fucked up website they update once in a blue moon and try to rip you off if you don't order through it
>Element Games have a huge selection, 90% of which is Not Available, and got no free delivery in EU
>Dark Sphere ain't got free delivery either and somehow manage to stock whole lines but miss a box or two of best stuff in those lines

Where else to shop for minis in EU?
>>
>>53124898
They are both biased, with only difference is that HE have prettier women.
>>
>>53124988
you misread
the dwarf one is biased
the HE one is based
easy mistake, no worries
>>
>>53124988
Also prettier men. Though the high elf army book is the only one that admits having done something bad. Which may just be because they lost.
>>
>>53125009
Wearing an irreplaceable heirloom to battle was a mistake. Also Caledor the Warrior was a bit of a fool.
>>
>>53124898
Reminder that, unlike oathbreaking elgi scum, the Dawi are uncapable of lying and any dwarfen record can be considered as the objective truth
>>
>>53125432
dwarfs don't lie but ommit facts all the time.
>>
do chaos chariots work as well on tabletop as they do in total warhammer?
>>
>>53124775
at first glance at the thumbnail it seemed as if Urist had hole in him and you could see the fire behind him through it
>>
>>53125620
Allthough I haven't tried them out myself I'm quite interested in testing a set up of 2 x Chaos Chariots on one flank. It seems like they would be capable of some nice flank action.
However the closest I've come to fielding chaos chariots in a game are gorebeast chariots of nurgle which I highly recommend. Impact hits with killing blow and near invulnerability is great!
>>
>>53125827
I meant ALL CHAOS CHARIOTS YOU CAN TAKE, like AI in TWWH does
>>
Dwarf beards are not really beards, they are tiny tentacles.

That's why dwarfs so protective of them.
>>
>>53125856
In TW, those chariots are just hilariously overpowered. After battles I look at kill stats and the majority of enemy units maybe kill 10 or 15 of my guys, and those motherfucking chariots have killed 150 or 200. They are too fast to be caught by infantry, outmaneuver archers, slice through cavalry, are too small for siege enginesand are crazy tough. How the fuck do you counter these things?
>>
>>53125910
steam tanks?
>>
>>53125924
Haven't tried that before, normally I go for more traditional units, but i will give them a go. I suspect the chariots will simply outmaneuver and get behind them, and wreck them in melee, plus sometimes the ai spams 8 or 10 chariots in an army, so I would need a fuck tonne of tanks. Even if I take out a couple of units before they get to me, my infantry formations will still be obliterated by chariots that drive through them like water, straight into my archers and artillery who will get curbstomped.
>>
>>53125856
Ah dunno about that. To my knowledge it's atleast fully viable to fill your core-quota with only chariots.
>>
File: Grymlog.jpg (219KB, 2048x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Grymlog.jpg
219KB, 2048x1088px
>>53124775
Dinobots incoming
>>
>lizardmen riding lizards
>ratmen riding and using rats
why ain't humans got ape mounts/pets/whatever?
>>
>>53125960
i meant SERIOUS TANKS.
2 lord on pegasi (to stay out of harms' way) with nothing but tanks. 38 tanks.
>>
>>53124775
I'm almost finished with this homebrew. I just need a negative mark for Handrich and Gunndred. What does everyone think so far?
>>
Manliest elves coming through.
>>
>>53126227
this looks so fucking awesome.

How can anyone compete with Asur Aesthetics?
>>
>>53126227
That's almost a bit too ornate for my liking.
>>
>>53125882
Dwarf tentacle raping school-elf hentai?
>>
>>53126121
Onward, riders of Harambe!
>>
>>53126227
>manly
>has to have women fighting for them

pick one
>>
>>53126121
because fantasy doesn't have niggers
>>
>>53126658
That means that their women are manly, too.
>>
>>53126725
no it means high elves are generic faggot prissy elves where there isnt much difference between their feminine women and feminine men

Tolkien elves are they only manly elves and its whats high elves used to be
>>
>>53126755
Oh yeah, you sure showed me with this unofficial art. While high elves don't put on a front of manliness which means for you guys being hairy, having bad hygiene, muscles and acting like a manchild the elf-faggot meme does not apply. It's just a meme that shows that you know shit about fantasy.
>>
>>53126829
>you guys

what? are you rping as an elf or something?

>hurrr elves dont meet your problematic definition of masculinity shitlord! they are manly by being pretty and faggoty. pegging and cuckholdry are the true thinking mans fetishes

oh no you sure showed me

i know plenty about fantasy. helves used to be manly badass tolkien noldor elves. now they are generic faggot elves whos greatest warriors are as strong as women
>>
>>53126906
>what? are you rping as an elf or something?
I mean you anti-elffaggots I have the same arguments across multiple boards with that spew the elf-faggot meme and whenever I ask on what setting they base this notion I get a non-answer, some >t. elf or something similar.
>now they are generic faggot elves whos greatest warriors are as strong as women
Alright, let's play a game. I name a badass male high elf from warhammer fantasy and you name a badass female high elf from warhammer fantasy. No mages, because we are talking about warriors here. Let's see how far we come, shall we? I start with an obvious one: Tyrion.
>>
>>53126988

;^)
>>
>>53127042
What's her name? It's just concept art.
>>
why are there no war machine characters?
>>
>>53126988
isnt tyrion strange among the high elves in how manly and warloving he is and seen as an outcast autist because of it?

isnt tyrions twin brother a weak fuccboi limp wristed faggot who fits right in with the other high elves?
>>
File: Teclis.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Teclis.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53127407
>isnt tyrions twin brother a weak fuccboi limp wristed faggot who fits right in with the other high elves?
D-delete.
>>
File: high elves white lions.jpg (58KB, 720x561px) Image search: [Google]
high elves white lions.jpg
58KB, 720x561px
>>53127407
Because High Elves fighting and performing well in melee is completely unheard of, right?
>>
>>53127097
Generic Elven Lord
>>
>>53127498
what is face on his chestplate so surprised of?
and how did ordering that chestplate go?
>"And on my robe I need a basrelief of some grotesque incredibly astonished dude's face"
>>
File: CA0802_21.jpg (857KB, 2000x863px) Image search: [Google]
CA0802_21.jpg
857KB, 2000x863px
>>53127584
Who knows, probably Hoeth's related charm.
>>
>>53125910
Mostly what I do is bog them down with as many bodies as possible. A thick block of infantry will trap them for a bit and allow you to do more damage, especially if you happen to have cavalry to come around and help surround them. Any buffing spells for your troops or weakening ones for the chariots help too.

Cavalry might be somewhat useful, but I always seem to get mixed results if I ever try and charge chariots. Better to wait until they're bogged down in infantry. Archers can be somewhat useful against them, but against a Chaos Marauder force I tend to save them for taking on the their missile cavalry, since they're too fast to get caught by my cavalry.

Then again, TWW stops having fun battles for me after they get to larger armies, and chaos chariot spam was something I was only willing to deal with for a few battles. Goes to show it's hard to match a game to the tabletop.
>>
>>53127664
>TWW stops having fun battles for me after they get to larger armies
dunno, my and coop friend's massive battle agains Archaon and Sarthorael with high-end armies was pretty darn epic
>>
>>53127664
literally just take 30 seconds to install an ai unit recruitment mod you dumbass

holy shit its like you faggots love to do things the dumb hard way just so you can complain about it
>>
>>53127715
not same anon, but me and I'm sure many other people avoid any and all mods altogether in games where one's supposed to rely on skill or which are supposed to be hard(-ish).
e.g. TWWH, Darkest Dungeon, etc.

Mods are okay in stuff like Skyrim or Space Engineers which are intended as easymode playgrounds
>>
>>53127756
plenty of mods make the game harder. are you intentially trying to be retarded? literally the entire standard list of mods going around twg make the game harder

how the fuck do you think mods only exist to make the game easier? i would seriously bully you in real life right now if you were in front of me. fucking idiot
>>
>>53127850
if difficulty matters, I prefer to play the game exactly as made by devs
i don't even use cosmetic mods in that case, because that's matter of principle

don't be daft. half the modes I use for skyrim actually make it harder. that's not the point.
>>
>>53127884
no the point is youre hitting yourself in the head with a hammer so you can whine and complain like a fucking bitch about having a headache

kill yourself my man
>>
>>53127707
It is different for co-op or multiplayer, when you have a friend to control the allied force. That can be fun, especially if you can coordinate well.

But when I'm playing the campaign, I don't find it fun to have to coordinate multiple armies to defeat an enemy force. It's the kind of battles I tend to autoresolve just because I know I won't have fun playing them - especially when it gets to the point where I'm sending multiple armies to siege one Wood Elf settlement. Large battles get awkward to play for me, especially when I don't even have the option of setting an ally force as being controlled by the AI like back in Medieval 2.

>>53127715
That is honestly my fault, yeah. But I've gotten really far in this vanilla game, and I don't really want to stop now. And it's still important to know how to deal with chariot spam if for whatever reason you still want to play vanilla - and I can see why, especially if you don't deal with Chaos much. Most of the time other factions can have a pretty decent mix of troops unless they're confined to only one territory like Mousilion.
>>
>>53127407
Tyrions warlike fervour is unusual in Saphery, that's why he doesn't fit in with his countrymen, but Nagarithy, Caledori and Chracians are very martial societies, where nobles who aren't in the military are considered craven.
>>
>>53127913
>complain
huh? what did i complain about?
>>
File: 02manowar.jpg (41KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
02manowar.jpg
41KB, 620x300px
Is the Man O War game any good?
>>
>>53127981
yeah, its alright. you can play as any race in skirmish but are limited to humans/ khorne for campaign map.
>>
>>53127981
the human and dwarf ships are neat and fun to play, makes for a nice play, but the Chaos and Elven ships look borderline hokey compared to the human ones, and tend to take me out of the game.
>>
>>53128029
humans as in bretonnia or as in floppy hat fags?
>>
>>53127498
im surprised he didnt have all female bodyguards
>>
>because of total Warhammer and other vidya GW decide to bring back fantasy
>to not alienate age of shitlord goyim they change it so it's 4 a rank again and use 25mm round bases
>this makes them reprint the wotr movement trays
>>
>>53128115
Haven't played, but I assume they're essentially interchangeable as far as Man O' War is concerned.
>>
>>53128009
is it story-driven, or I can just sail around like in Sid Meier's Pirates!?
>>
>>53128198
Fine by me. Round bases look better and my daemons were always on rounds.
>>
>>53128251
oh shit thats true. only wanted to play to be bretonnia
>>
>>53128267
The latter.
>>
>>53128267
>not saving your family and making Montalban your servant
>>
>>53123155
Do you not actually understand the entire concept of Tilean and Estalian warfare? Its based off the glorious early modern period where Italy and Spain perfected the art of mercenaries.

>53128456
You people made me reinstall SM Pirates. Thank you.
>>
>>53128399
there are bretonnian ships and empire ships
so yes you can be a bretonnian captain.
>>
>>53126121

Skaven do not have cavalry
>>
>>53129394
Tunnel Rushers. They were found to be cost-inefficient so they don't typically use them but they do exist in the fluff.

Even discounting that,
> Rat Ogre Bonebreakers
> Great Pox Rats
>>
>>53129394
Rogre bonebreakers are a warlord mount. Also alot of warlitters are on skaven backs.
>>
>>53127933
he isn't fron saphery
he isn't even a mage
he has nothing to do with them
>>
>>53126121
Probably for the same reason that Orks are riding boars, or Goblins are riding wolves. I know there are also squigs, but still.
>>
File: 1491459165548.gif (817KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1491459165548.gif
817KB, 557x605px
Have you guys ever came up with new Necromantic rituals and or spells as GM or Player? What were they? Do you have any advice for someone looking to do the same?
>>
>>53128009
>>53128029

Are there Bretonnian ships? What do they look like?
>>
File: 20160731220937_1.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160731220937_1.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>53130711
like ships
>>
File: I'm in top form.png (187KB, 552x401px) Image search: [Google]
I'm in top form.png
187KB, 552x401px
Just got the executioners sword in Vermintide and goddamn it's a damn good sword.
>mfw getting beheadings left right and centre
>>
File: kerillian bantz.png (306KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
kerillian bantz.png
306KB, 800x800px
How is the new Vermintide DLC?
>>
>>53129754
No to both cases, you should try to find out imaginative ways to exploit the WHFB Necromancy theme (Soul manipulation, raising Undead and Aging) but here's some ideas:
>Ensorcell weapon: binding a soul to a weapon, improving it but being necromancy, and with some side effect (Screaming sword anyone?)
>Any sort of "dominate undead" to turn Necromancer's undead against him
>Some sort of reverse raise dead, forcing Undead troops to crumble
>A ritual to awaken a sleeping Vampire?
>A ritual to fully bring back the dead?
>A ritual to turn a player into a Vampire?

Or adapt the Vampire spells from the not-so-popular Storm of Magic
>Malediction of Nagash: At the Necromancer’s command, his enemies feel the looming shadow of undeath fall across them, sapping their strength and endurance.
>The Army of Doom Keep: The legendary Elf Mage Anareth could not forever destroy the dread army of Doom Keep, so he sealed it away in a pocket of magic. Alas, this prison could not remain secret forever and, little by little, accursed Necromancers have begun to draw the wight-host into the mortal world once more.
>>
>>53128198
there is no way back from Smegmarines. the 40k update shows that GW is fully embracing this new policy of warcraftifying everything, and the steampunk abominations have been the final nail in the coffin for me.

GW doesn't want Oldhammer back, and I don't thinl I even want NuGw to fumble with the material any more than they already did. They can't be trusted with any of their IPs, and I'm glad it's in CA's hands now.
>>
>>53130868

So they're like the old Man O' War ones? Buccaneers etc.?
>>
>>53131215

Is this on PC? PS4 it takes ages to get the updates.
>>
File: 1490311863426.png (58KB, 493x373px) Image search: [Google]
1490311863426.png
58KB, 493x373px
>>53133038
>>
>>53133080
Forgot to mention yes. When the sword hits their head hitbox, they lose their heads.
>>
>>53133080

Damn it I paid good money for this piece of shit and I'm getting some use out of it.
>>
>>53133038
PC always gets the DLC first
>>
>>53133149

For some reason I thought it would be a new 2H for the Elf, you know like the Dark Elf executioner sword? I don't really care about Kruber I always have him sword and board.
>>
How do I destroy strong heroes in total warhammer? Grimgor almost killed my army.
>>
>>53133416
cannons
>>
i'm bringing a unit of ~35-40 bestigors. should they be in horde formation or 5/6 wide? I already have two hordes of Gors 40 strong each with multiple raider units to protect flanks
>>
>>53134052

I would run them horde with a magic banner and plonk them in the middle of your line.
>>
red pill me on 9th age vs 8th
>>
>>53133416
You should be asking that in /twg/

All of these work:
>AP ranged focus fire
>Knocking him constantly with monsters/cav
>Drown him in your units while you rout the rest of his army
>Lord + 1-2 Heroes should be able to easily gank him
>>
>>53135199

T9A is more of the same but with tighter restrictions and more balance. If you don't like 8E then you won't like 9A.
>>
>>53135490
i like 8e
>>
What is /tg/'s recommendation for getting started? I've never painted anything ever, but I watched like 15 of miniwargaming jay's videos so I feel like I'd be able to do it decently. I'm just worried about getting started buying one unit at a time and GW discontinuing the models I'm buying at some point.
>>
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: untitled.png (1MB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
1MB, 840x840px
>>53135504

I just play whatever everyone else is playing. I think the thing that hurts T9A is that they're trying to make this super competitive tight rule set that all the tournament goers will love but there's no need anymore. The only people who still play Fantasy now are diehards who want to have a good game, all the WAAC faggots have fucked off to other games where they can pummel 14 year olds by spending hundreds of burger/bong/leaf dollars.
>>
Isn't the High Elf navy the reason why they kick so much ass, rather than their army?
>>
>>53135199
Aren't they branching off into making their own thing to avoid copyright or something
>>
File: 35.jpg (324KB, 1273x1500px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
324KB, 1273x1500px
>>53135837

I wouldn't worry about being discontinued, you can get most of it cheaper on eBay once the panic buying has died down.

Just buy what you like the look of, mount them on squares and either play 'regiments of renown' or a skirmish game until your collection is large enough to play 1500+ point games.
>>
File: 1491411437593.jpg (215KB, 767x493px) Image search: [Google]
1491411437593.jpg
215KB, 767x493px
>>53135907

They said the changes in 1.3 were down to remove any chance of GW enforcing their IP. They're far too fucking worried about all that, they have a few lawyers on the team and they're always shit scared they're going to get caught out. Why even bother making 9th edition if you're going to change everything about it? May as well have started from scratch.
>>
>>53135968
The whole point I thought of 9th Age was that it was supposed to be like a fixed version of 8th Edition, but they are trying way too hard to make it 'lawyer proof." I honestly don't think Games Workshop gives a shit about 9th Age because they are not selling Fantasy Battle books anymore and there's no potential earnings to be protected.

One thing that was an immediate turn off for me about 9th Age was the fact that they change the names of pretty much all the units. It was supposed to be a really extensive mod for Fantasy Battle but you basically need a translator guide for everything just to get started.
>>
>>53136064

Yeah, it all sounded so good on paper but the execution has been messy to say the least.

There doesn't seem to be an end goal anymore. It's turned into their own game but it has all the baggage of 8E. They would have been better off publishing an extensive balance package and calling it a day. Then take the core rules of movement, shooting and assault and make their own spiritual successor.

I've just lost interest in it now, it's either 8E with some house rules or KoW.
>>
>>53136143
>it's either 8E with some house rules or KoW.
On that note, I'm a 6th player but, interested to know if KoW is any good.
>>
>>53133184
Executioner's sword is pretty great though

probably the strongest DLC weapon yet
>>
>>53136187

Yeah it's a much faster and more streamlined game that plays like Black Powder/Warmaster. It keeps about 90% of the spirit of Fantasy with 50% of the rules.
>>
File: 1303093532989.jpg (509KB, 633x700px) Image search: [Google]
1303093532989.jpg
509KB, 633x700px
>>53126227
>Manliest elves
Thats a pretty low bar to meet, frankly.
>>
File: G O B L I N S.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
G O B L I N S.png
2MB, 1440x900px
Y'all know what this thread needs?
>>
File: Beastmen_Gors.png (864KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen_Gors.png
864KB, 512x640px
>>53136423
BEASTMEN?
>>
File: Enraged Beastman.jpg (45KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
Enraged Beastman.jpg
45KB, 625x351px
>>53136522

POO
POO
PEE
PEE
>>
File: 060727_prometheus_01.bigpic.jpg (205KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
060727_prometheus_01.bigpic.jpg
205KB, 400x363px
>>53136423
>>53136522
LIVE ACTION WARHAMMER LARP.
>>
>>53136555
wait shit you're not dead?
even partially?
>>
>>53136592
...Why would I be? I have just been busy with work and the tournament season
>>
reminder that beastmen is the highest IQ army to play
>>
>>53136732
>cuckoldry is the thinking mans fetish: the post
>>
>>53136793
beastmen do the cucking, cuck
>>
>>53136632
I was given the impression that you're the kind of person predisposed to freak accidents and other things of that nature
And I haven't seen any of your posts in a fairly long time (years?) for some reason or another
It seemed to add up

Also, that's a pretty big gobbo
>>
File: Vlad von Cuck.jpg (478KB, 1201x981px) Image search: [Google]
Vlad von Cuck.jpg
478KB, 1201x981px
>>53136815
watching others cuck is literally what being a cuckold fetishist is

you unironically just outed yourself. how many blacked tabs do you have open right now?
>>
>>53136905
if im controlling the cucker how am i the cuck?
>>
>>53136953
the same way you control the media player while you stream blacked
>>
File: 85.jpg (47KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
85.jpg
47KB, 558x564px
>>53136905

> You can't zim zam the man ham.
>>
>>53130711
Bret ships have a castle on them. They also have a nice looking galley, because I think your character kind of defaults to Bretonnian its your starter ship.
>>
>>53135851
Archaon has never been in the right at any point, so...
>>
>>53136905
>>53137589
>Isabella imagines what Vlad looked like when he was alive...
>>
>>53137984
>vlad is a nigger

no wonder she is trying to jump ship
>>
>>53138109
Not even close.
>>
How does negating magic weapons work? Specifically with the Dark Mail. Do they just lose any extra benefits they have?
>>
File: warrior priests.jpg (440KB, 1280x1768px) Image search: [Google]
warrior priests.jpg
440KB, 1280x1768px
>>53136632
>emasculated bitch priest
It should be a felony to LARP as any kind of badass fantasy warrior and not be /fit/.
>>
File: 0e331b1a25661d014445d5dc3c87f2d1.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0e331b1a25661d014445d5dc3c87f2d1.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>53136423
Elves?
>>
File: IMG_0681.jpg (278KB, 1407x1062px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0681.jpg
278KB, 1407x1062px
>>53136423
KINGS
>>
File: 1488335572946.png (892KB, 708x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1488335572946.png
892KB, 708x1165px
>>53136423

Lusty Vampires?
>>
File: Morghast_Archai (1).jpg (29KB, 250x488px) Image search: [Google]
Morghast_Archai (1).jpg
29KB, 250x488px
Total War Warhammer should get End Times content. Some of the stuff was cool...
>>
>>53138634

They should put Nagashizzar in as a 3rd undead faction and that would include about 90% of the good stuff from ET.
>>
File: 1491147783089.jpg (205KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
1491147783089.jpg
205KB, 873x627px
>>53136423
REMOVE GREENSKINS
>>
>>53138634
Only chaos, skaven and undead got cool shit though. Elves got imrik and the incarnates, the empire would get Valten and power boosts to Karl and Gelt, dwarfs only get Ungrimm and maybe runic items for entire units, orks get a power boost to grimgor. Everyone else is left in the dust
>>
I just started playing Vermintide today and I was wondering if anyone had some tips?

It seems like every mission failure has come down to me being the last alive because I'm fighting off some armored fucks but the rest of the team couldn't handle the same amount of armored fucks?
>>
>>53138798

What difficulty are you playing on?

>>53138768

> Skaven

Please don't try to justify those abominations with Gatling guns in their chest.
>>
>>53124775
Is there any reason to use anything other than a shield or buckler in the offhand? From what I understand, having something in each hand grants a free parry but you still attack with one weapon. Unless you have ambidextrous, a second hand weapon will be less accurate and won't deal increased damage and non hand weapons will both be less accurate and won't hit as hard. There doesn't seem to be any reason to use an offhand that isn't a shield or buckler.
>>
>>53138798
Since this game is literally just Left4Dead with different special enemies, I'd recommend checking some guides on that game. There's a lot more gitgud videos since the game is much older.

As for the armored fucks, you're better off listening for them and avoiding them if they're patrols. If not, its all about blocking and power-attacking their heads. You have to communicate to other players things like that in-game. Assume every PUG is all noobs.
>>
>>53135837
As someone who just started out as well, I just watched ebay like a hawk and waited for a good deal. I got a huge army (about 4k+ points) for $200. Some people just want to get rid of stuff. Only problem was they needed a really long bath in some simple green, because they were painted in what looking like crayons.

I also cheated before that though. I got a cheap 3d printer and taught myself how to play with proxies. I can make some decent terrain though.
>>
>>53138634
If we don't get a Nagash faction, they could add the Morghasts as Hammurai in the TK roster.
>>
File: IMG_1108.png (350KB, 392x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1108.png
350KB, 392x536px
>>53138834
Jealous of our superior firepower, man-thing?
>>
>>53138834
Normal as the Dwarf w/axe+board and crossbow
I average about 13 armored fucks and 4 special kills on the first mission (which I've yet to complete with a group).

>>53138847
I usually try and headshot with my crossbow if I've got the distance but I didn't know you could avoid them completely.
>>
>>53138928

Best combo for Dwarf is axe and shield with handgun. Use the axe to take care of stormvermin as you say and the shield for hordes, then use the handgun to one shot any specials.

Some general tips are obviously stay together, never be more than 5 feet away from each other and if you do have to split up go in pairs.

You'll find 80% of the game is in timing and footwork, which you'll only get better at through experience, you'll be soloing white rat on nightmare before you know it.
>>
What would dwarf technology be like if they weren't retardedly against progress and actually promoted innovation?
>>
What token minority character shall CA pull in Warhammer Total War to please the SJW even more than their constant SJW pandering character designs?

I think a black sinned High Elf Queen Princess,
>>
>>53138995
Don't google Kharadon Overlords.
>>
File: Squat_with_Prosthetic.jpg (65KB, 459x493px) Image search: [Google]
Squat_with_Prosthetic.jpg
65KB, 459x493px
>>53138995
>>
>>53138995
How are you against technological innovation while managing to make gyroplanes? Where is the line drawn?
>>
>>53139037

> 1 woman.
> In an army where the men are also pretty much women.
> SJW pandering.

Yeah... no.
>>
File: yan-gisuka-.jpg (519KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yan-gisuka-.jpg
519KB, 1920x1080px
>>53139037
>black sinned High Elf Queen Princess,
>>
File: 1261798845528.jpg (58KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1261798845528.jpg
58KB, 550x733px
>>53136892
>And I haven't seen any of your posts in a fairly long time (years?)

Posted here last week, but during the day, I work or practice, and we've also been moving, so most of my time is lurking. Not that you're probably looking specifically for me anyways.

>Also, that's a pretty big gobbo
And a short orc. Now that I think of it, I have never met a dwarf shorter than me either.

>>53138239
Dude, he's playing a low-level, fairly new priest. Probably straight from the monastery, you have to start somewhere. Think less WHFB and more WHFRPG. You're only used to the big-time, army attached priests with more experience. Pic related
>>
>>53138928
Yeah. You hear a "HUT HUT HO" and lots of clanking, stay back and let it be someone else's fault.

They're roughly equivalent to the Witch from L4D. You have to listen for them, and the dumbass who runs into them wipes the team more often than not.
>>
>>53139061
They created Gyrocopters over a thousand years ago. Regardless they're still "too new" and are only used out of necessity.
>>
File: 1491773364607.jpg (200KB, 680x727px) Image search: [Google]
1491773364607.jpg
200KB, 680x727px
>>53138924
Wolfenstein style Warhammer game when?
>>
File: IMG_1065.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1065.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>53138995
That's literally what Kharadron Overlords are, dwarfs who pretty much said "fuck kings and gods" and went balls to the walls with technology and magic.
>>
>>53140157
But they didn't stick to mountains, so we can't be sure if the way their tech went is the way WFB dwarves would go if unfettered.

I imagine it'd be closer to Chaos Dwarf tech, since they're the dark side of the Dwarves that doesn't care about tradition or consequence, and does a ton of experimentation.
>>
Did anyone here own the magic cards they made for 8th? I was thinking of getting some but what do they actually include? I want the 8 lores from the BRB, do you get these in the faction boxes or do you only get that factions unique lore?
>>
>>53127498

Kind of cute.
>>
>>53140392

Bendydick Cucumber?
>>
TFW When you realise it's been 3 years and Fantasy still stands strong.
>>
>>53140791
Thank Total War.
>>
File: 1489735390725.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489735390725.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
Awwwyeeeah the /vg/ threads coming to ME this time.

Any new art or news released?
>>
>>53131997

>I'm glad it's in CA's hands now.

I seriously hope you don't really believe this.
>>
>>53140974
Latest concept art is for the White Lions and Grymloq further up in the thread
>>
>>53141030
at leadt CA doesn't hamfist retcons into established canon to justify their narrative
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (49KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
49KB, 800x522px
>>53139078
>>
>>53140791
>>53140797
Total War and the unstoppable power of our autism.
>>
>>53141445
xD
>>
>>53140791
Why would it die ?
>>
File: Khazrak the One-Eye.png (44KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Khazrak the One-Eye.png
44KB, 128x128px
>beastmen vs ogres
>turn 1 slaughtermaster miscasts and gets sucked into the warp
>leadbelchers destroy my screening units
>wyssans my bestigor
>turn 2 mournfangs charge my raiders, obliterating them and overunning into my gor horde behind them
>ogre bus charges my bestigors
>mournfangs obliterate my gor herd with my BSB
>bestigors obliterate ogre bus, overrun and destroy the unit
>turn 3 ogre backs up to tighten up defensive geometry
>second gor horde charges ogre bus, hold
>bestigors charge his leadbelchers, flee, redirect to 2nd leadbelcher unit, flee, redirect to holding ogres
>delete them
>delete mourfangs

i thought it was going badly when i lost my bsb on turn 2
>>
>>53139038
>>53140157
say what you will, but I find Kardarons cool. not really fitting in FB, but cool nonetheless.

Except baloon guys.
>>
>>53135851
Valten:
>"And so daddy totally ignored that mewling heretical faggot... Damn, he's right behind me, right?"
>>
>>53139037
fuck off snownigger, waifu elves are part of canon.
>>
>>53142524
Archaon:
>What I miss the most is my peripherial vision
>My head feels heavy
>My feet hurt
>>
File: tom-parker-tomp-chs-archaon-03.jpg (271KB, 1920x912px) Image search: [Google]
tom-parker-tomp-chs-archaon-03.jpg
271KB, 1920x912px
>>53142713
>Archaon is black
>>
File: in26f453e9sx.png (4MB, 1874x2126px) Image search: [Google]
in26f453e9sx.png
4MB, 1874x2126px
>>53142713
>My head feels heavy
it's just Squiggy the Squig
>>
>>53142754
thats gobbla
>>
File: 1420925827763.jpg (44KB, 594x683px) Image search: [Google]
1420925827763.jpg
44KB, 594x683px
>>53142893
Gobbla is dead, anon.
>>
>>53136632
>>53139465
I would be the larpiest larpfag to ever larp if the games in the US looked like this.
>>
File: Skaven_crew.jpg (143KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven_crew.jpg
143KB, 900x600px
>>53143000
how do they look in US?
>>
>>53141788

Yea, once ogre magic goes away the're actually a very mediocre army.
>>
anyone care to answer are few questions?
in what age does total war warhammer take place?
what is age of sigmar?
is warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k the same universe? if yes, then how does it go from fantasy to 40k, do all the factions fly into space?
>>
>>53144713
>in what age does total war warhammer take place?
8th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle, its starts with Karl Franz coronation in 2502 IC.

>what is age of sigmar?
Its separate setting made after End Times campaign in which Warhammer Fantasy world was destroyed. It has different general thread.

>is warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k the same universe?
In early editions they shared same warp and occasionally WHFB featured artifacts from 40k, they were made separate later on.
>>
>>53144867
thanks a lot for clearing that up, guessing there are no crossovers then
>>
>>53144713
1) same age as most of playable WHFB. Karl Franz is teh Emprah, Mannfred is back as the Count von Carstein, Leoncourt is King of Rohan, Archaon preparing to attack, etc.

Age of Sigmar is whole different setting, set in a world that was made after the WHFB universe was destroyed. We normally don't talk about it and don't consider it canon.

No, they ain't. Warp / Realms of Chaos may or may not be the same. It's safest to assume all ties are just easter eggs.
>>
>>53144918
How does Sigvald die in the end times?
>>
File: 1494334986043.jpg (458KB, 2048x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1494334986043.jpg
458KB, 2048x1120px
>>
>>53144992
He was beheaded and pissed on by Throgg after he punched to death Krell and was left with disfigured hands.
>>
>>53144992
Smashed by the King of Trolls, if I remember right.
>>
File: 1468575034773.jpg (270KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1468575034773.jpg
270KB, 750x1334px
>>53144999
>Xhotl [the Old One], the chooser of those destined for greatness, also the name of a city
>>
>>53144999
>to sure up the Great Ritual

Great proofreading there, Arlius.
>>
>>53125910

Ranged units don't kill them very quickly but chariots are big enough that ranged units can hit them when they're bogged down in melee. The trick is to anticipate where they will hit and get two units of infantry on them. The weight of two units is enough to pin them in place and greatly slow down their ability to leave melee.

Chariots are just no threat in my opinion. I don't think they should be buffed stat-wise but most chariot units could use another model or two to make them worthwhile.

The only enemies I fear are monsters (arachnorok, dragons, giants, etc). Even they get burned down by ranged infantry pretty well. Tree kin are stupid tough and will put chariots to shame every time.
>>
>>53145072
Hey man, he said he was rushed.
>>
>>53145151
Doesn't that leave your units prone to friendly fire accidents?

Problem in my experience is just how many chariots that will get spammed - it can be very hard to get an infantry unit on each of them, let alone two. And if they pull through, they circle around to hit your vulnerable archers. And that's not even taking into account how they'll be accompanied by a lot of infantry and marauder horsemen.
>>
>>53145180
for elves this means
>"I couldn't add finely detailed miniature paintings adorned with tiny gemstones detailing our surroundings, mentioned characters' visages and my current mood and had to make do with only exquisitely composed, calligraphically written and thrice proofreaden text, not that we elves are capable of making a mistake in the first place."
>>
>>53145231

I don't give a damn about friendly fire.

When playing as Dawi I even have ironbreakers and miners chuck their blasting charges into melee. I found that once I stopped caring about friendly fire the battles got easier, to say the least.

Though to be fair I've never encountered more than 4 or 5 units of chariots. I reckon if there were 8 as mentioned above it would be more annoying.
>>
>Empire
>powerful advanced human nation
>constantly under siege from forces of darkness

>Bretonnia
>nation of backward horsemen
>live in relative safety in comparison to the first one

Empire is Bretonnia are Gondor and Rohan?
Does Empire ever call for aid?
>>
>>53144999
What does this even mean?!
>>
>>53146423
DLC or video for TWW2 of some kind.
>>
>>53144311
He had a lv2 butcher still
>>
>>53144911
>>53144867

If you look up previous discussions in this thread you'll find some explanations of the complication relationship regarding Warhammer Fantasy and 40K.
The tldr is basically that they used to share a universe (wherein the fantasy world was just a primitive planet in the vast Galaxy of the 40K-universe), which was later changed to seperate universes which was later on changed to that they might belong to the same multiverse with some hints about cross-travel.
>>
File: Infantry-Regiment-b_grande.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Infantry-Regiment-b_grande.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
> When you're exploring Lustria in the name of Karl Franz and these Estalian fuckbois show up.
>>
>>53144999
noice. The WH2 team is on fire
>>
File: dorf.jpg (620KB, 1136x1601px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.jpg
620KB, 1136x1601px
>tfw you'll never be this good at painting
>>
Is 9th dead yet?
>>
>>53148500
>Bretonnian Squire
TRIGGERED
>>
>>53148500
What's stopping you, anon?
What do you see there, specifically, that you think is impossible for you to do?
>>
>>53146423

It's just a bit of fluff text, we now know what those disc things were in the trailer and why the HE are in Lustria.
>>
>>53148500
Come on man don't leave me in suspense, what are the Cathayans he's painted up?
>>
>>53149538

I too would like to see them.
>>
File: 20170426204000_1.jpg (634KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170426204000_1.jpg
634KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>53150707
What's with the bird head on the amber wizard?
>>
File: 148.jpg (52KB, 449x530px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
52KB, 449x530px
>>53150730
What's the problem with it?
>>
>>53150919
It's just a bit weird, is all. That and the chicken leg staff. I think the vanilla bearskin hat is better.
>>
>>53124775
Given that 40k is about to get the same butchering that Fantasy suffered from, would there be any interest in a condensed /Oldhammer/ General?
>>
>>53151368
This was asked a bit back, and I think the general response was 'nah.' They're distinct enough settings you can't exactly combine them and talk about both well.

It'd be like if they tried to combine /tgesg/ with...I dunno, something else prominent on /tg/ that's vidya related.
>>
>>53150730

The top half is pretty much exactly how the model on the Griffon looks, if CA have a model to copy they usually do rather then make something new.

>>53151368

I asked this a month ago and people didn't like it. To be honest, 40K's change won't be anywhere near as drastic as ours was so it probably won't prompt a break away.
>>
>>53135199
Just play 6th or KoW
>>
File: dwarfen flamethrower.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfen flamethrower.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>53139061
Dwarfs are extremely slow in moving forward, and typically perfect things over centuries or even millennia before actually progressing. They are conservative to the extremes, in all regards of life, which is likely part of why they're resistant to Chaos (or a function of it).

It's why the Humans pushed out the Hochland Long-Rifle within a generation or two of starting to use rifles, even though the dwarfs easily make the best firearms. Dwarfs are amazing craftsmen, but not innovative.
>>
>>53143000
So set a new standard. Aim for Euro quality.

>>53143028
In general? Like shit. Euro games in general are higher quality
>>
>>53145598
>Does Empire ever call for aid?

Yes.
>>
>>53152035
>Just play 6th
I like you.
>>
File: 309295_1285782170_large.jpg (674KB, 1500x840px) Image search: [Google]
309295_1285782170_large.jpg
674KB, 1500x840px
who is the not greek faction? its supposed to be a little bit of tilea but literally nothing about it is greek
>>
>>53156889
High Elves. They and Dwarfs are the standins for the ancient empires of Europe that preceded the dark ages.
>>
>>53156889
>not-greek faction
Elves. Their navy is insanely powerful, they are weird as fuck, and have bizarre sexual preferences. (LOOKING AT YOU MAL)
Dwarves are not-rome. Empire built on awesome infantry that wasted itself and was overrun by barbarians.
>>
>>53152035
red pill me on 6th
>>
>>53157223
Its the version from when GW actually cared about the game and the players. It had great support from White Dwarf and the website, and actually had proper campaigns. Also, nostalgia value at maximum for most players.
>>
File: gencom.jpg (160KB, 661x720px) Image search: [Google]
gencom.jpg
160KB, 661x720px
>>53157273
It also had one of the best supplements in the entire game.
>>
>>53157302
Love that book.
My copy was lost when a friend moved without returning it. But, then I found it again for cheap on ebay.

Thank you whoever was made enough to basically give that away.
>>
the Elf concept art looks amazing. They got the look better than WAR imo
>>
>>53135199
Elves are bottom tier armies in 9th age.
>>
>>53147705
They look fucking good tho
>>
>>53155480
Honestly it may be nostalgia speaking but 6th ed was top comfy. KoW plays very close but is a much more serious and competitive game.
>>
>>53156970
>Dwarves are not-rome.
do they too have brutal gladiatorial combat?
do their nobles eat till they are full, then vomit it all up, and eat some more?
>>
>>53159568
Pretty sure not only the nobles do that.
>>
>>53156970
Pretty sure the elves are not-brits and the dwarves are straight ripped of tolkien.
>>
>>53159659
>not-brits

both dwarfs and elves, but especially the elves aren't any clear non-"culture". They are influenced by a myriad of historical and fictional cultures and epoches.
>>
>>53159659
Dwarfs are staight ripped from D&D
both WHFB and D&D dwarfs have little to do with Tolkien's dwarves, if you've read the books
don't let PJ's movies confuse you
>>
>>53159568
>do they too have brutal gladiatorial combat?
probably not

But saxtons and norse did love wrestling, so the the norse dwarfholds could have midget wrestling tournaments.
>>
>>53149538
WD305
>>
>>53157273
>actually cared
>no rules for what happens if a fleeing unit contacts an enemy unit

It was written by a finnmongol too.
>>
this thread is deaderthan the Karaz Ankor.
>>
Why does WFRP 2nd Edition have no rules for crafting stuff? It makes a lot of sense for careers like Engineer to use their Trade:Engineering and Trade:Gunsmithing skills to try and make wacky exploding firearms or even just make basic experimental guns like repeaters, but as far as i know none of the splats cover that.

As GM should I just kind of make shit up?
>>
File: 4098999139_b813d6a56d_m.jpg (17KB, 158x240px) Image search: [Google]
4098999139_b813d6a56d_m.jpg
17KB, 158x240px
>>53159568
No and neither did the romans.
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.