[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 62

File: The Wounded Dragon.jpg (1018KB, 1581x1398px) Image search: [Google]
The Wounded Dragon.jpg
1018KB, 1581x1398px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/...
>>53150981
>>
File: eberron logo background.png (412KB, 1295x369px) Image search: [Google]
eberron logo background.png
412KB, 1295x369px
First for Eberron is the fucking shit.
>>
>>53157904
stat me up, 5eg.
>>
Good min/max Wizard guide?
>>
File: 1489174881712.png (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489174881712.png
75KB, 800x600px
>>53157941
Alright in my honest opinion fuck off with shitty stat posts and threads unless there's an actual reason for it /10
>>
First time DM here. I need a major villain for a greek campaign. What comes to mind? What would be interesting?
>>
>>53158013
Can never go wrong with a Gorgon or a Hydra.
>>
>>53157976
woah, no need to be so upset about a silly joke.

it's a lifestealer dragon, apparently a thing that exists, even if i never use it i still want to know what other people think.

or you know, make conversation and shit...
>>
>>53158013
Hubris
>>
>>53158013
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon
>>
>>53158042
The problem is it stopped being funny a long time ago.

However to answer I'd build it on the dragon stat block but make it's bite attacks do necrotic that heal it for however much damage it did. Might make it so if the bite does hit you are grappled and where ever it's face is.

Possibly even change it's breathe attack to a mindflayer style mind blast to keep in theme with stunning it's prey.
>>
I think I decided I don't like the way this game plays out in standard modules.
But I fucking love playing it with homebrew shit.

Anyone else?
>>
>>53158127
Not sure never have run a module, me and friends have done nothing but homebrew.
>>
>>53158141
I was in this boat for a long time but then wanted to give some standard modules a try and I really hated it.
I admit it made it feel a lot more like a "game" that's for sure. But not in a good way.
>>
Put this in the last thread; didn't notice a new one was starting.

My tiny 3-person group is starting a Curse of Strahd game soon. Looking through the recent Unearthed Arcana, I notice they finished the Mystic a bit ago. Can I get some input on how well it plays? What subclasses are most optimal? Can I carry my under-experienced friends well enough with it?

Failing that, any recommendations for what I could carry them with?
>>
>>53158160
No experience with the mystic but OoA or Devotion paladin are really good for what you'll be facing.
>>
>>53158156
Yeah, having atleast looked at them at my LGS I noticed it would really lock in what all you can do and how far "off path" you can go before it'd throw off the planned adventure.
>>
>>53158160
Any Paladin and any Cleric will screw Strahd. Try to make a full melee with one dex based fighter.
>>
>>53158202
Yeah, was unfortunate, I was hoping they'd make for some fun one-shots but we just couldn't bring ourselves to slog through the whole thing.

I guess on the upside, makes me feel good that my group prefers my DMing to the "by the book."
>>
>>53158144
Putting warding bond on a raging barbarian would only basically inflict damage on the caster and not actually help whatsoever.
Uncanny dodge could work.
>>
2 things

What are some good question to ask player about their characters so they can develop them

How to make combat more engaging /difficult
>>
>>53158013
Persian king
>>
>>53158407
>How to make combat more engaging /difficult

Most simple way is environment/terrain.
Giving players options to climb things, and pits to throw people into, or things to throw people off of is always great fun, and also adds an element of danger if you make it clear to them that they might also be the ones knocked off/thrown in.
>>
>>53158407
>What are some good question to ask player about their characters so they can develop them
I'd try this litmus test: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52960138/
Also there's a questionnaire in /5eg/ discord pins: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14psojXENziGbtl5Lf_Irjq7fc3iqlmiHEl7ItRep5eg
>>
I got some old books for AD&D from a nice older gal who's now in my 5e game. Would a +1 weapon scale evenly from AD&D to 5e? I mean it sounds like a dumb question but I feel like it's valid for conversion questions.
>>
>>53158456
+1 weapons are in 5e too you know.
And they do the same thing they ever have.
>>
>>53158476
Hey man, just checking.
>>
Do you guys ever have any moments you would consider genuinely touching in character?

I didn't think that sort of thing would ever actually happen in the group I played with but we kind of had a moment today.
>>
>>53158536
All the time, anon.
https://youtu.be/ksJpuznVJFM
>>
File: 210151-thumb140.jpg (9KB, 140x181px) Image search: [Google]
210151-thumb140.jpg
9KB, 140x181px
anybody got this in PDF yet ?
is it any good ?
>>
>>53158574
Just fucking buy the pdf yourself, cheapfag.
>>
File: 1493916115494.jpg (188KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1493916115494.jpg
188KB, 750x864px
>>53158589
im a student + yuropoor
>>
>>53158601
That facial hair doesn't look very good that close up.
>>
>>53158296
It's a Barbarian/Cleric casting it on someone else.
>>
>>53158536
I have, and they are the best experiences and the groups that produce them are the best groups.
>>
File: provideeee.jpg (619KB, 780x894px) Image search: [Google]
provideeee.jpg
619KB, 780x894px
>>53158608
provide the pdf
>>
So now that it's monthly, when's UA?

Also is there any idea when the new Planeshift comes out? I'm not into Magic but the Egyptian thing looks pretty sick.
>>
>>53158702
First or second Monday of every month. Revised subclasses was this month. The next one will be June 5th.
>>
>>53158710
Well fuck, hope it's something good for that wait. If they put forth a new version of Artificer and Mystic in one it could be cool.

I hope for Artificer over Mystic though.
>>
>>53158536
My players saved an orphanage full of kids from a fate that would lead to being drugged for years and becoming GOO cultists. After removing the warlocks that ran the place and breaking the charm on the staff, all the adults in the place were worrying what they were going to do with the kids and how to make their lives not shit.
The party immediately gave up all of their gold to the orphanage to help them buy supplies, toys (which were conspicuously lacking- kept by the kids who had grown up into druggie cultists) books, etc. Completely unexpected, they told me after that I had "roleplayed the shit out of those kids" and had captured all of their hearts and they wanted nothing more than to help however they could.
>>
>>53158722
If November's release (Midway) is really the first major splat, we might not see another UA release before they're put to print.

Although I could see Artificer going through another revision or two and being delayed until an Eberron book proper is put out.
>>
>>53158732
Especially since Artificer = Eberron really. You can't put the setting out without the class and the class doesn't fit into other places well.

I have a feeling a PHB 2 or Expanded Options or whatever they call it will have Mystic, because it fits into the majority of current settings so you can't put it behind a fluff barrier in a certain one.

Aside from those two I can't really think of any classes who you can't make in 5e or just stick into a subclass. So maybe after those two no more class releases.
>>
>>53158634
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/11/04/warding-bond/
Well, apparently it could work unless there's something in the rule Jeremy forgot.
Considering it's
>Damage is taken from sword
>Damage is reduced
>Damage is resolved for Player X
>Damage is taken from warding bond
>Damage is reduced
>Damage is resolved for Player Cleric

It's not crazy powerful and it's at least 3 levels of cleric with at least 3 levels of barbarian and there's the 'can't cast while raging' clause so it's all a bit of a mess, but it's valid.
>>
>>53158776
I wasn't saying it's crazy or anything, just a cool thing. A guy in last thread reminded me of Kord and really Barbarian/Cleric captures him so well.
>>
Anyone have cool ideas for a Seeker Warlock's Patron? Their first and last abilities are so cool.

Also I'm trying to figure out how to use their level 6 but I can't think of any situations it would help.
>>
>>53158407
>How to make combat more engaging /difficult

I use a timer mechanic, i.e in 3 turns a warlock summons a demon. Also random encounters work pretty well.
>>
>When a cheesy multiclass actually makes sense in both my characters background and the party makeup

Think I should ask the DM if I can take Fighter levels on my Wizard? I am a Battlemage traveling with a bunch of martals.
>>
>Join a group my buddy is in that's starting a new campaign after finishing their previous one a few weeks back
>5-man group
>3 people legit think con is a dump stat
>the 3 believe you need a dedicated healer and that life is the only good cleric domain
>they believe wizard is only good for chucking fireballs and that evocation is the only good wizard school and the class as a whole is bad compared to sorcerer
>they unironically believes that beastmaster ranger in the phb is borderline overpowered
>they think bard is the worst class in the game
What did I get myself into?
>>
So Barbarian can maintained Spiritual Weapon, Blink and Mirror Image right?

What are some other good spell for them?
>>
>>53158960
Why do you keep posting this? No one care.
>>
>>53158984
Videogamer. Play Lore Bard or Diviner Wizard or Druid and show them how to play the true TRPG.
>>
Is there anything in classical mythology or related things that I could relatively reasonably refluff the Aetherborn race as?

Greek/Roman preferably, but I wouldn't mind stretching it to other mythologies.
>>
Going to start DMing soon and one of the players I've lined up for it is a Mystic.

He's a decent enough player but tends to lean towards murderhoboing if not moderated by the rest of the party. All the other players are solid, though.

Would it be a mistake to let him play Mystic? I'm not that familiar with it as a class, but I know /tg/ had a number of opinions about it.
>>
I'm filling out a questionnaire thing to help get a better idea of my character's personality and first question I'm stumped.

"What does your character value most in life?"

Aside from the obvious answer (Coin and Cleavage) does anyone have any ideas for a Paladin who's an ex-soldier? I've got nothing else about the character's background so far.
>>
>>53159005
Next time I have to ask how they came to these conclusions. I've never encountered a group that misunderstood the game to that extent.
>>
>>53159076
If you're a paladin, you should seriously have something you value, otherwise why are you the class that's essentially fuelled by 'I shall avenge my dwarf city against the giants that destroyed it!' or 'I will do anything to protect the crown!' or 'I won't rest until there's peace!'

Seriously, do you even have an oath at all you're planning on getting?
>>
>>53159160
Not yet. This is my first character and I've got nothing so far.
>>
>>53159165
>>53159076
Values JUSTICE

Or just wants a quiet life on the farm, but doesn't see anyone else as capable of resolving the troubles of the world, so can never put his sword down.
>>
File: Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg (113KB, 733x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg
113KB, 733x1100px
Fairly new to DnD, we've been playing for a couple of months or so and as we've already had a party member die and re-roll I thought I better prepare a backup character.

I saw wizards have produced rules for the Kor race from MTG in the zendikar supplement and I would like to make a character roughly based on the stoneforge mystic/ nahiri character.

What would be the best class for this? Some sort of blacksmith with access to magic? I saw they added the Artificer class in the new book - would that be a good starting point?
>>
>>53159203
Forge Cleric. Get a free magic weapon/armour, weapon buff spells, white magic and the ability to make a weapon out of any spare metal. I'm sure you could convince your DM to let you use your channel divinity to forge a stone weapon straight out of a rock.

Also good taste.
>>
>>53158156
I like to use them for inspiration. Check out a few of the cool sounding ones, and use them.
Death Frost Doom, sinkholes from some elemental evil quest. Maze of the blue medusa. All these things inspired something in my campaign.
>>
>>53159165
I'd probably decide which oath you like the look of best.

Ancients is kinda druidic/warden-ish or just for 'ancient' shit, and is more supportive.
Vengeance is less of the typical 'lawful good' paladin, often being more chaotic or neutral or something, and often edgier, but can be done well. They're more of the damagey sort.
Devotion is kinda inbetween, though paladins in general are pretty supportive.
Crown is kinda defend-friends supportive.
Oathbreaker is overpowereddamage undead-fiend antipaladin.
I won't even mention the UA paladins, I'm not keen on them.

Once you decide on that you can get a good idea of what things they might want relating to their oath.
>>
>>53159236
So far I'm really feeling Crown. I've read their abilities and they look cool even if they're not that strong from what I've heard.

I guess he'd be a really protector-y sort and I could make him a War Hero or something with his background as a soldier.
>>
>>53159251
If you want to play into crown's flavour, you could have royalty or some noble figure as a thing that you 'value', because they saved you from something or you owe them a debt after bailing you out of something or whatever.
If you just want the mechanics and don't care about the flavour, you could probably refluff the flavour as something about wanting to protect friends, other soldiers, teammates or whatever. I think an idea of 'I've seen many other soldiers come and go and many die in my lifetime, and while most would become desensitised like everybody else, more than anything I want to still be able to feel after everything I've been through' and maybe even the thing that could be valued there is simply still caring about each others' lives.

I mean, just suggestions. For all you know the DM has a setting where there's hardly any fighting so hardly anyone has died and soldiers are mostly a preventative measure.
>>
>>53157923
It's not bad but damn it's full of power creep.
>>
>>53157904
Is there anything good (Homebrew or otherwise) for:
>Nonspellcasting alchemist?
>Nonspellcasting engineer type?

What are the best Magus/swordmage options floating around?
>>
>>53153142
Why is Orcus more intimidating?
>>
>>53159225
That sounds perfect. I'll have to look into that class - which book is it in?
>>
>>53159602
It's an Unearthed Arcana option. So it's made by WotC for free but not technically official. Basically ask your DM before using it.

Google "Unearthed Arcana: Cleric" and there should be a pdf. with 3 new Cleric options and it's one of them.
>>
File: 1482425636073.jpg (139KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
1482425636073.jpg
139KB, 800x540px
So what are the best class UAs out at the moment. I've managed to get one of my players to run White Plume Mountain for a few sessions so I can get a break from GMing, and now I've got to actually design a character for the first time in a few years.
Which UAs are the most fun/balanced/unique in your opinion? I was leaning towards artificer or bladesinger, but that's purely from their theme and I've got no idea how well they perform in-game
>>
How balanced are Mystics?
>>
>>53159635
Best as in "most balance/flavorful", or best as in "most effective?"
>>
>>53159516
Nope, too be fair in D&D settings non-magical engineer is a job, not an adventure. I'd play a Forge Cleric for Fabricate over an Artificer as well.

Eldritch Knight for defence, refluffed Paladin for offence and Stone Sorcerer for actually mixing spells and weapons with quickened/twinned BB/GFB.
>>
>>53159680
As in balance/flavourful. I wouldn't want to be completely useless, but as long as I'm vaguely on the powerlevel of similar-levelled characters I'm happy.
>>
Which are the high CR creatures that make the hardest boss encounters?
>>
>>53159516
REFLUFF
>>
>>53159544
Well I just read the stats and I've gotta say, he looks much harder to actually fuck up then Tiamat.

He can just Time Stop, summon 250 Crawling Claws, then spam his Creeping Death and Blight while also fucking over the entire action economy for one round. If anyone dies or he's near dead bodies then he can raise them as an undead.

Mostly he seems like he actually has ways to bullshit you in a fight rather then Tiamat who just deals moar damage.

I imagine there's better options then summoning 250 Crawling Claws but those seemed like the funnest option. He can also summon infinite Avatar's of Death if you want to really cheese it or a couple of Count Strahd's because why not.
>>
>>53159751
Beholder

It can float, antimagic cone and disintegrate eye
>>
>>53158574
>>53158589
Is it at least worth the price tag?
>>
File: image.jpg (323KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323KB, 1280x720px
If I don't take Wish, which is really fucking unlikely, I'm fairly seriously considering taking Imprisonment for my Arcana Cleric because he's pretty much meant to be an exorcist / monster hunter and this would complete him super flavourfully, even if it's useless 90% of the time.

My question is there a way to stack the odds in failing the Wisdom save? It takes a minute and the kind of things you want to use Imprisonment on will have legendary resistance.

It's not like Feeblemind will help or that I could pull off lore wizard bullshit and change the save to Dex once they're unconscious for an automatic fail.

Why is it so hard to banish Asmodeus for all eternity?
>>
Welp, just lost my Goblin UA Ranger to the fire giant king in Storm King's Thunder. Gotta roll up a new character before we continue tomorrow starting with Marrowsnap's funeral.

What should my next character be guys? I'm so shocked by the death that I can't seem to think of any good concepts for "The Guild of Misfit Adventurers."

The party comp was
Dwarf Paladin of Helm
Tiefling Sorcerer
Earth Genasi Warlock with the earth elemental prince as her patron
Human Bard.
>>
>>53159919
Kobold Cleric.

Make him a loveable little goofball at most timees but when he gets into combat he becomes a spiteful avatar of (Whatever god you pick)
>>
>>53159903
Bestow Curse to give Disadvantage on the save. Also it's cheesy as fuck but there's three ways to make the save more likely.

Multiclass 2 Lore Wizard for obvious reasons, multiclass 2 theurge for +2 Save DC or multiclass 2 into Diviner for Portent.
>>
File: 13thrage.png (148KB, 352x316px) Image search: [Google]
13thrage.png
148KB, 352x316px
>>53158407
>>53158958
13th Age does this very well with the escalation die so I'd recommend checking that out (I think it's mostly for players but some monsters may use it too). The escalation die basically is a d6 that starts at zero, goes up by one at the start of each turn after the first, and players gain +hit and +damage equal to the number on the die. Some abilities can only be used past a certain number on the die, so e.g. the barbarian can rage only once a day but if the battle goes on for 4 rounds, they can enter a rage for free. I think it's mostly used to simplify cooldowns and resources, and so that that battle isn't the same all the way through, sort of like a softer boss phase mechanic.

Personally I strive to have an interesting new environmental effect every encounter that means something, be it a mere collapsing wall or a pit into hell you have to fight around. It invites creative solutions and rewards players taking abilities beyond "I hit things hard".
>>
File: 1493399792353.png (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493399792353.png
84KB, 300x300px
>>53158536
I had my one player actually, genuinely care about the daughter of a king. I expected for her to be essentially nothing more than some treasure, but I was wrong.
>>
>>53159970
>dyes
>friendly
desu that's actually a good choice to ptp
>>
>>53159947
>portent

Oh fuck, that might just work, I'd go with Lore Wizard otherwise but we're playing with both PHB+1 and no UA
>>
>>53159943
>Kobold War Cleric of Kord
>Wields a regular sized axe the same size as himself
Is there a Monkey's Grip-esque feat or something that lets you wield weapons a catagory larger then you?
>>
>>53159998
Well with Kobolds Pack Tactics, Sunlight Sensitivity and small size they can actually have a better chance then most small races. Basically they can stack as many Disadvantages as they want on themselves and easily cancel it out with advantage.

I'd recommend just going for a Versatile Battleaxe though.
>>
>>53160050
>>53160000
Wrong one
>>
>>53159772
Why the fuck does Tiamat have such few spells? What's up with that?
>>
>>53159060
The mystic can be very versatile because of the options they get, that's pretty much it
>>
>>53159627
Awesome I'll take a look. Do you have any recommendations when building the character? I'm not familiar with cleric at all and we would be starting at level 3
>>
is there a way or a collective PDF that takes all the cool unused 4E spells and adjusts them to 5e ???

i know 4e was more tactical, but i think 5e lacks tactical gameplay
>>
>>53160134
Depends on the party make up. Forge Clerics make awesome tanks and pretty good damage dealers. Mostly supporting the rest of the party though.

The only big issue is you don't get Martial weapons. So if you want to go DEX to help with your race you have three options. Dagger and Shield which sounds gay but it's only like -2 damage compared to a Longsword on you, Bows which are probably they best or asking to multiclass UA. If you're not too worried about being completely MAX power then you can also pick up Weapon Mastery feat. If you take weapon mastery then Short Sword, Longbow and Whips seem like the real Kor way to do things.

Other then that you're pretty much a tanky guy or a really accurate guy who uses buff and control spells.
>>
>>53160109
So letting him play it is legit? I've started reading through the PDF, but it's a long fucker, even by class standards.

Anything I should restrict?
>>
>>53160241
If you have a bard or rogue trying to skill monkey, you may want to ban the discipline called "Nomadic Mind" that could take the spotlight whenever skillchecks happen but that's all.
>>
>>53160252
Gotcha. Cheers!
>>
So, there's an up and coming SKT game that I'll attend and I am in kind of a bind regarding what to play.

I've narrowed it down to wizard or druid, as I've never played either and the group is missing a spellcaster.
I know that wizard is masterrace, but can anyone sell me on druid?
Pros and cons?
Decent feats?

Help me /5eg/. ;_;
Also, they're allowing all the UA's, but the DM knows about the dumb nuclear druid thing and it's not something I am interested in.
>>
>>53160311
Circle of the Moon nigga. Its a fucking blast.
You get access to the best spell list in the game and when shit gets too real just morph into a fucking elephant and squish a nigga with your magic natural weapons.
>>
>>53160311
For the better third of the game then Moon Druid's one of the most powerful things around, also at level 19-20 it's up there. Land Druid does better once you're at level 8 or so.

The UA options are all pretty good as well. Read the Wolf Spirit option for the Shepard Druid and think of having all that healing on your buffed summons. It's that good.

Really Druid has all the best spells in the game aside from Forcecage, Wish and some other high level stuff. Heat Metal, Spike Growth and Silence are the holy three 2nd level spells to fuck over 90% of encounters.
>>
>>53160311
>wizard is master race
You seem to have spelled "bard" wrong.

Jokes aside, Druids are a hard class to pin down to any particular specialty. But your primary role in the party is to provide support magic in combat, whether that's battlefield control or buffing allies. Out of combat, your utility spells are more useful for survival than for exploration, though you have some scouting capability as well. Circle of the moon is decent if you don't want to worry about your physical stats, but not as good as everyone here tends to claim. Personally, I prefer Circle of Dreams. The bonus action ranged healing dice pool is better than it seems.
>>
>>53160336
That does sound pretty awesome.

>>53160363
I'm mainly wanting to do a support/control character with some good flavor in it and Shepard Druid is pretty damn cool I have to admit.

>>53160374
Alright so it seems to stand between Moon/Dreams and Shepard I suppose.
I am not sure we have a healer so Dreams seems interesting, along with the ally teleport ability at lvl 10 being pretty damn good when it comes to positioning.

Dang this is harder than I thought.
>>
What's so good about SKT? It's pretty lauded but it requires a shit ton of work on part of the DM.
>>
>>53158127
I like modules, because I like reading them and then getting excited for particular parts that come up. Also they're very easy if you need something quick. They're a different type of fun than homebrew stuff. Homebrew stuff is and always will be better though.
>>
What makes a good boss, /tg/?

My level 7 party has one more battle coming up today and up until now I've done a couple of interesting combat scenarios but I'm trying to go all out. Simply put the party has been supporting defences for the return of a mad scientist who has a fetish for violent robots. I've got a couple good ideas but I'm having troubles with balancing additional enemy combatants and the possibility of homebrewing legendary actions. A hazardous boss arena is a given but I can't help but feel like I'm missing something special.

What types of bosses have you made/encountered? What was good and bad about them?
>>
File: dire goose.png (1MB, 961x1360px) Image search: [Google]
dire goose.png
1MB, 961x1360px
>>53160476
dire geese.
>>
Reminder that there is nothing wrong with necromancer wizards
>>
>>53160542
Sure, but if they summon any minions I'm going to smite them.
>>
>>53160542
>>53160551
The 144 skeleton creating necromancer is the best necromancer.
>>
>>53160551
>Necromancer wizard that DOESN'T summon minions
???
>>
>>53160582
What, you think I'm just going to stand and watch as you defile the corpses and spirits of the dead?
>>
>>53160595
I'd prefer if you didn't watch, I get kinda anxious when people watch...
>>
>>53158013

To this day Circe is one of the downright evil characters, even though she's stuck on that island.
>>
File: questioning.png (91KB, 213x266px) Image search: [Google]
questioning.png
91KB, 213x266px
hi I'm playing dnd for the first time, is it possible for clerics to fly or get anything approaching stone armor? I've given a quick reading of the cleric spell list and I saw stone shape, which while not exactly what I'm looking for could work if I get creative. But I didn't see anything relating to flight on the spell list.
>>
>>53160595
They're all wearing trenchcoats and funny hats.
Just don't use divine sense. I hear it's bad for your health.

The spirits of the dead aren't defiled though, only the bodies.
>>
>>53160624
Tempest cleric gets flight as its capstone. War cleric gets resistance similar to stoneskin but better as its capstone.

If you want that shit at lower levels, play an arcana cleric or ask if you can obtain the spells somehow if you really desperately want it - it'd probably not be gamebreaking.
>>
File: Apostle_Mozgus.jpg (24KB, 250x356px) Image search: [Google]
Apostle_Mozgus.jpg
24KB, 250x356px
>>53160649
thank you
>>
>>53160488
A formidable opponent. This would actually make for a great low level encounter
>>
>>53160624
I need the full version of this
>>
File: 1491379615966.png (163KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1491379615966.png
163KB, 289x289px
>>53160311
>>53160440
Alright, narrowed it down to either Shepard or Dreams.
Currently leaning a bit more towards Shepard. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.
>>
File: cold.jpg (17KB, 227x254px) Image search: [Google]
cold.jpg
17KB, 227x254px
>>53160961
I don't have it, someone posted scans of art in a japanese history book in /twg/ this was a grab from it. The only other thing I have is this.
>>
>>53160363
Even at level 8, I'd doubt that a land druid is definitely better.

Sure, you get two extra castings of polymorph every day, but I'd say it's only on par with twice a short rest getting a load of temporary HP (Even if it's only as much temporary HP as the barbarian for each and every wildshape. And wildshape has some versatility too in what creatures you can become to use whatever utility that creature might have.
If everybody else is always on the front line taking damage all the time then sure, I guess you don't really need it so badly since you can use spells that give you a decent attack without wildshape, but eh.

Onion druid nerfs when
>>
>>53160626
I've seen some LN-ish necromantic stuff, including whole societies built around it. One was just old and the only thing left was undead lich-level down, technically evil I suppose but so horribly singletracked and bureaucratic that for all intents and purposes they were LN.
The other was a nation with a death god as its main deity - zombie labor everywhere. Basically when their clerics zombified you the god pledged to guide your spirit to its proper resting place, taking your body as payment. So you get a ton of manual labor done by zombies and skeletons under the guidance if clerics and necromancers.
The second one was well on track to become the first one, it already had the immortal ruling class who were working to help the people but insanely reactionary.
>>
>>53159010
Anybody?
>>
>>53161039
I guess it's more of a problem when you're actually using the 'animate dead' spell, because that puts evil spirits in the bodies and those bodies aren't going to do your labour once they're free after the 24 hours if you don't monitor them every day closely.
>>
File: stoneplate.png (681KB, 718x680px) Image search: [Google]
stoneplate.png
681KB, 718x680px
>>53160624
>get anything approaching stone armor
The Black Earth cult in Princes of the Apocalypse outfits its soldiers with stone platemail created with Stone Shape.

Given the restriction on complexity of an object manipulated by Stone Shape, I would rule that it would take several casts to complete a full suit, something around 10, so a multi-day endeavor for the Cleric who's just gained access to the spell.

That's not to say you couldn't acquire some before your Cleric is capable of casting that. Given that the spell is available to every Cleric, there should be enough of them floating around in the world that blowing a few days' worth of spell slots on making FUCKING FULL PLATE would have happened already.
>>
>>53161069
I imagine stoneplate is just a lot harder to maintain if you don't have somebody who can cast stone shape with you. If you have stone shape, no reason you shouldn't be able to maintain it. Just means you can't give it to every peasant you see.
>>
>>53161091
That's also a concern.

I can see a low-level quest where a Cleric needs the party to do some dangerous shit for a town, and he gifts one of the party members a suit if stone plate to wear. It's rendered pretty much worthless by the time the quest is over and the Cleric doesn't repair it Because Of Reasons.
>oh i'd just feel really horrible if you were off adventuring after leaving here and your armor broke and i wasn't around so i dont want you to get too reliant on it so here's your old breastplate back good luck and thanx
>>
Is there anyway to effectively play a shielding cleric?

Basically A cleric that "heals" through damage absorption shields or buffing the parties defensive stats to where they take minimal damage.

Party needs a frontline fighter type but I really wanted to try playing a cleric again. The last time I got to play a cleric was in 4e and I loved the war cleric style of hitting my enemies to heal/buff my allies.
>>
>>53161129
Try Protection Domain from the cleric Unearthed Arcana article?
>>
How do I roleplay a character who's still haunted by being in a war without it coming off as stupid?

He's a Druid if that helps.
>>
How to run a Darkest Dungeon game?
>>
>>53161249
Depends, haunted as in nervous breakdown, haunted as in vivid hallucinatory flashbacks, or literally tormented by the specters of fallen companions?
>>
>>53161280
>literally tormented by the specters of fallen companions
Fantasy makes PTSD even worse. You'd need a shrink and a priest to help you.
>>
>>53161129
Warding Bond should be your bread and butter spell, gives resistance to an ally from all damage and you take the other half.
>>
>>53161280
More of just saw too much shit that shaked his world view. His country won but he's losing his after seeing the horrific things his own order did.

He was part of your typical Druidic order who didn't get along well with the ruler of the land but when the war started everyone pitched in to save their homeland. He just saw his own Circle mates assassinating people, looting corpses and general medieval war stuff. He ran away from them going on a "Quest" but is really just getting drunk and adventuring.
>>
>>53161338
>>53161249
Take a note out of Soldier: 76's book from Overwatch:

>Captain America-style supersoldier who heads up universally-loved superhero team to defend the world
>team gradually gets torn apart by politics
>team then gets really torn apart by politics
>best friend tries to kill him, he barely survives
>goes on the run, becomes incredibly bitter
>continues fighting because it's literally all he knows
>no longer has a sense of duty or pride in what he does, just does it because he doesn't know anything else
>>
Playing a casual game with a halfling artificer, gonna pull from classic tv tropes. What are some personality traits and flaws of someone who is supposed to be 80s Action the character?
>>
>>53161483
Shitty one-liners after doing something cool.
Making plans with the team, then blindly rushing in and ignoring the plan entirely.
Terrible haircut.
Strange accent.
>>
>>53161483
>Shoot first, questions never
>Lawful Good, Chaotic Good, or Chaotic Neutral, no middle ground, ever
>Sexist
>Mullet
>More dakka mentality
>Doesn't do politics, ever
>Has to say a one liner before being able to finish any significant bad guy
>Never looks up when the monster is clearly on the ceiling
>>
What's good from the Adventurer's League?
>>
File: Reaction Army Tanker.png (606KB, 513x739px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction Army Tanker.png
606KB, 513x739px
>>53161005
>>53160624
>>53160961

I found it for you guys, it's called "History of Japanese samurai armor book 1- from Yayoi to Muromachi period"

Here's a link to buy it:

http://www.books-wasabi.com/product/244

Check out the second image for Mr. Helmet.

There is also a sequel as well, "from Sengoku to Edo period"

Found here:
http://www.books-wasabi.com/product/245
>>
File: Reaction Army Tanker Derp.png (607KB, 513x739px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction Army Tanker Derp.png
607KB, 513x739px
>>53161763
Whoops fucked up the second title, it is "History of Japanese samurai armor book 2- from Sengoku to Edo period"
>>
>>53161763
>>53161779
Leave it to fucking 4chan to be handed a partial image and find it's source within an hour or two.
>>
>>53161064
Yeah, there was probably quite a bit of changes "under the hood" as it were. At the time we didn't care much.
>>
>>53161763
that's...remarkable, man, good job on finding it in a breeze
>>
File: DADT page 12.jpg (21KB, 193x271px) Image search: [Google]
DADT page 12.jpg
21KB, 193x271px
>>53161804
>>53161982
Thank you, thank you
>>
>>53159772
>a couple of Count Strahd's
lol that'd be funny

>>53160070
What I'd say is that she surely can cast more spells, but her stats are merely what she'd use in combat. Not like she needs to use spells to kill when she does obscene amounts of damage with legendary actions. But as a DM I'd feel free to add any level 7 or 8 cleric spell, she already has Divine Word after all.

Speaking of which, am I missing something or at higher levels is it worse to fail with less than 30 but more than 20? If you're killed instantly someone can probably Revivify you afterwards, but if you're stunned for 1 hour what can you do? I couldn't find any spell or ability that removes a stun.
>>
>>53161265
you don't run in in 5e. look for torchbearer.
>>
>>53162075
>is it worse to fail
To fail your save against Divine Word, I mean. That shit can fuck you up if your party is playing the up-and-down-and-up-again game with healing.
>>
>>53159341
A lot of the most broken shit in the edition Eberron was introduced in came from FR source books though.
>>
>>53159772
He can summon 3 liches with more undead in tow if you're a real asshole.
>>
>>53161265
Okay, if you want to do it in 5e, you'll probably want to shift it about a bit.
Try to concentrate on the feel rather than the mechanics, since the PCs will be one party, rather than the heir himself.

The early stuff will be in the ruins, as in the game. The enemies would include various forms of Skeletons (Bone Courtier would be nobles with the skeleton race, Bone Arbalest would be a bandit with the same race, Bone Soldiers are regular skellies), Cultists (as the fanatics, the Cultist Acolytes would be Acolytes, natch) and Bandits (pretty obvious)

Later you can introduce other areas, such as the Weald (lair of the bandits, filled with evil myconids and other fungi, and hags), the cove (home of pelagics (kuo toa will stand in nicely)) and the warrens (probably nasty orc things)

Unlike the games, you'll probably want to have a consistent map of the areas, so that the heroes can figure things out, explore, and find the lairs of their enemies. They can also keep track of supplies, and work out when to retreat, and when to keep going.
>>
>>53161804
>>53161982

For all 4chan's bickering and shitness, I stick around because I'm pretty sure it's the world's best thinking engine, if you can get it going. It's like a quantum computer where you have to stick your dick in a blender to get it to turn on.
>>
>>53162075
Power word heal removes stun. Not helpful, I know. If you aren't revivified right away, the other options take an hour to cast anyway.
>>
>>53162835
The internet is just humanity's version of the ole hive-mind.
Fractured and demented but sometimes it works.
>>
>>53161265
Give players a hit dice only every 4 levels
>>
Anybody else get massive amounts of anxiety as a DM before starting a new campaign?

I'm currently prepping for a new campaign and pretty much everything I've done so far feels like a steaming pile of shit and I'm entirely mentally blocked.

I've got a week to go until our first session and if this block persists I'll just end up winging it badly until it falls apart.

Any tips ?
>>
>>53163498
Base your campaign on NPCs rather than places or things. If you know the personalities of your NPCs, you know how to react to whatever it is the PCs do that affects the plans of the NPCs.
>>
>>53163498
Sativa dominant Marijuana.

Also you're going to fail due to stress, not some other way. View it as skydiving, after that initial jump it's all pretty straight forward.

Prep an intro, have some npcs ready, and a skeleton of story/plot, like production notes.
>>
File: 1479175601041.jpg (42KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1479175601041.jpg
42KB, 600x476px
>>53163498
You're not alone. I've been preparing for a new campaign for about two weeks- Somewhat aimlessly. The first game is in a few hours and I don't have anything meaningful prepped.
>>
>>53163498
I'm the same way. I can't prep at all so I end up just falling back on pre-written adventures.
>>
>>53163551
I've heard, somewhat contrary, that you shouldn't pre-make a plot at all, just hand your players situations. What's better?
>>
>>53163518

This is a fair point. The first session will be a 'session zero' where I pitch my campaign premise and the players come up with their characters and goals within it. With that extra material to work with things will probably be a lot easier.

I'm constantly asking myself when designing ' Why will the players give a shit ? ' Hence character and group goals automatically answer that.

>>53163551

I actually did the bulk of my current prep high as fuck on edibles on a 16 hour train journey to San Francisco. Unfortunately hard to get where I live. And you're right once the initial lurch is over it should be fine.
>>
>>53163629
You do realize that having a framework of situations, even unconnected situations, that happen sequentially is the definition of a plot.

What you should avoid is having a preconceived narrative.
>>
>>53163629
It's a lot easier to improvise if your plot is loose. Give your players a motivation, have NPCs and villains with motivations that intersect with those of the PC's.
>>
Any cantrips from 4e you miss? That wouldn't be broken in 5th?
>>
>>53161265
I've been mulling over the same idea. The very first thing I would suggest is using the alternate gritty realism rules from the DMG for short rests and long rests, along with including muskets and pistols and other black powder weaponry into the campaign. Also, definitely need to fit in the madness rules from the DMG, because its not darkest dungeon without a heaping dose of madness. Another few things you could include are the purchasable and salable magic items rules, the training to level up rules, Fear and Horror rules (which tie nicely into inducing madness), and lingering injury rules.

Other than that, >>53162616 covered most of everything else I would of suggested. Maybe give more enemies poisons and diseases they can inflict on hit.

Wish you luck in running it.
>>
You guys ever worry about a character's country of origin? I'm making an Oath of the Crown paladin and I just have no idea what ruler/nation for him to swear fealty to. I've got everything else about him pretty set, but this is kinda the keystone that explains why he's such a dickhead.
>>
>>53163880
Talk to your DM?
>>
>>53160488
I am taking this for a random encounter.
>>
>>53163918
I have, and he's vague as fuck. Probably because most of CoS' adventure hooks are vague as fuck and he hasn't picked one.
>>
>>53163766
Not exactly a cantrip, but Sly Flourish. Bonus rogue damage based off of Charisma.
>>
Want to make a Barbarian, help! Please.

Should he be variant human for the feat or half-orc for the racial features?

I'm thinking of going Totem path.

Also, how should I allocate my ability scores with 27 point buy? And which feats should I get and when should I get them?
>>
File: animoot bravo.gif (403KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
animoot bravo.gif
403KB, 160x160px
>>53158416
>>
>>53164133
Human for Fellhanded.
27 points in strength.
Stand still, wait for enemies to come.
0 wisdom means you won't notice them when they get to you.
0 dexterity means you won't be able to swing fast enough anyway.
0 intelligence means you forget to breathe and die.
RIP.
>>
File: skeleton coffee.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton coffee.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
>>53164189
>Necromancer comes across a huge skeleton in the wilderness.
>Investigation tells him he died of asphyxiation.
>Confused, he ressurects the fallen giant.
>It doesn't move, speak, or indicate intelligence at all.
>Continues to sit in the same spot, leaving the necromancy community completely confused as to the existence of such a creature.
>D&D X files.
>>
>>53160488
Who made this?
I just checked the monster math on the Dire Goose, and it seems to be on the low side of CR 1/8, not CR 1/4.

AC 13 - > CR 1/8 - CR 3
HP 7 -> CR 1/8
Defensive: CR 1/8

Attack Bonus +2 -> CR 0
Damage/Round 2.5 -> CR 1/8
Offensive: Low CR 1/8

I think you can give this thing Pack Tactics and still have it come out as CR 1/8.

Which is good, because I am going to be switching all Rats to Dire Geese.
>>
>>53164276
Does having a fly speed affect CR?
>>
>>53164133
Personally I went:
> 15 12 13 12 13 8

But I'm playing a Goliath so keep that in mind.
>>
>>53164299
The DMG says that a flyer that can attack at range gets a +2 bonus to its effective armor class.

The goose cannot do that.
>>
>>53164133
My personal suggestions would be to go half-orc, take the tough feat, and boost both Str and Con to 20 with the rest of your ASI.

Starting stats with point buy I would use would be: Str-14(+2), Dex-14, Con-15(+1), Int-8, Wis-12, Cha-8.

And finally, bear totem path for resistance to everything while wielding a great-axe or maul as your main weapon. With this, you can have 325 HP (Assuming you take the average HP bump each level up), resistance to everything to make up for no AC, and survive a minimum of 3 lethal blows and up to 6 lethal blows when you finally reach that mythical level 20.

Again though, this is only my suggestion. Human can work just as well as half-orc, and you can just as easily trade in survivability for damage, such as picking up GWM over tough or going wolf totem over bear.
>>
>>53162900
What are the other options, though?
>>
>>53164189
Pretty strong build.

>>53164349
>>53164364
Thanks. Do you think Great Weapon Master feat is worth getting as Half-Orc? And when should I take the feats? As soon as possible or wait?
>>
>>53164475
I'm not 100% on the feat to ASI progression, it's my first barbarian so I'm kinda winging it.
>>
>>53159919
Why sir, why I say there sir, just looking at that party makeup stirs in me the notion to inform you that while your party doubles down on secondary healers, there is a glut of the powers arcane. What this party needs, I say what this party needs is either a touch more tanking in the martial variety, a touch of finesse and the sneakiness, or mayhaps sir I say mayhaps a more heavily divinely empowered healer and handler be they cleric or druid.

If I may impose upon you sir, take yourself in auspicious directions.

This group hear looks like it could quite benefit from either a druid or an Assassin most readily. Might I offer you two concepts since it seems your DM allows monstrous characters or at least those outside of the who hum baseline of the PHB.

Aracokra Assasin with the Far Traveler or perhaps any other background that represents a vagabond status in life. Make use of those skills of disguise there, and whenever you enter a new settlement or need to infiltrate a strange place do your level best to present yourself as anything but a giant bird. If not that then be a liar true and face your way where you can against uncertain or foolish foes.

Else then I say you might try your hand as a druid. Why yes the noble calling of Nature's pure and encompassing priesthood of savagery and the great circle of life. What you are will matter little of course, as you shall in fact join the party in the guise of wild shape as something small and innocuous until you choose to reveal yourself in a surprise conflagration.
>>
>>53164475
>>53164606
If you are getting the GWM feat, them max Str first then get it. If you are getting the tough feat, then grab the feat asap then max str.

Also, GWM is definitely worth on half-orc.
>>
Am I supposed to use shared initiative for all creatures of the same type, or roll individually?

Also what's the best way to run a combat when the party is up against 15-25 creatures?
>>
>>53159752
How does one refluff something into a non spellcasting alchemist?

I can't think of a class close enough TO refluff.

>>53159691
Yeah, that might normally be the case, but I'm thinking a martial artificer, Crafting guns and gadgets and clockwork thingies and such.

>Stone sorcerer
I hadn't looked into that one, I'll add it to my list of things to check out.

>Refluff paladin
I've heard this, but paladin is all evil detecting and holy spells. You can't exactly refluff it into something with a different kind of offensive abilities.

You could say it cats arcane spells easily enough, and change the skill list I suppose, but that only goes so far.
>>
I'm making an Artificer Spellcasting revamp, making it use Warlock progression (Including cantrips).

What are some good 5th level spells for an Artificer? Is there any spells that need removed from the list if it's short rest recharge? The only ones I see that could be an issue are Death Ward and maybe Faithful Hound.

Also for Cantrips I'll likely not add any damaging ones, since that's kinda the point of the Gunsmith/Alchemist trees.

Also- is there an actual stat block for the "phantom hound" made by Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound anywhere? Didn't see anything for a "Phantom Hound" in the books.
>>
>>53164606
I see. Thank you.

>>53164650
Cool. I'll keep all this in mind while playing my barbarian. Thank you.
>>
>>53164697
Phantom hound isn't a real creature, it only exists in the function as described by the spell.
>>
>>53160488
>>53164276

I just checked Deep Goose. Target CR is 2.

AC 16(+2 for flying and ranged attacks) - > CR 8
HP 75 -> CR 1
But, it has a form of regeneration, so we increase the effective HP by 3x20 hp (the amount it can regenerate per turn)
Now, HP 135 -> CR 5
It's damage vulnerabilities are not common, so it doesn't factor in. Maybe we could just ignore the regeneration boost to HP since it has a counter?

Defensive: HP-> CR 5, go up one due to AC being so high, CR 6

If we ditch the flight ability, the Defensive CR is CR 5.

Attack Bonus +5 -> CR 4
Damage/Round 30-> CR 4 (20 -> CR 2 if honking focused)
Offensive: CR 4, CR 3 if you focus on honking.

Damage/round is assuming the base level of heads (5) using melee attacks.

So, the Deep Goose should actually be pretty tough, if it flies in the air honking at people it should be a CR 5. Ditching the flying just boosts the damage output per round, because it is pecking rather than honking more often than not.
>>
>>53164675
So refluff it Paladin into a class with an arcane class with a new skill list, class features cribbed from other classes, and a new spell list.
=P
>>
>>53164668
Personally I run all creatures on one initiative except say a boss creature.

For bigger battles I lump 3-5 enemies into one group, they move and work together.
>>
File: 1493605126601.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1493605126601.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>53164697
As of now I've got

Cantrips
>Blade Ward
>Friends
>Guidance (Maybe not, kinda stepping on Cleric/Druid's toes)
>Gust
>Light
>Mage Hand
>Mending (Only Gunsmith gets it otherwise)
>Mold Earth
>Prestidigitation
>Thaumaturgy

4th level spells
>Remove Death Ward
>Remove Faithful Hound

5th level spells
>Animate Objects (Obvious really)
>Dispel Evil and Good (Maybe? Spell breaking seems to me like something Artificers should be good at)
>Greater Restoration (Might be a bit strong on a short rest but has a gp cost and Artificers can get Lesser Restoration already)
>Wall of Stone
>Legend Lore

And not on the spell list but a spell
Awaken But targeting Constructs at level 11? This would probably fit better as a higher level ability than on the spell list since there's no classes that get a spell on the list with a "but targeting X" ability.

Maybe worded as
>Starting at 11th level you can cast the Awaken spell once per long rest using a spell slot targeting only a Construct. If you use this ability on a Construct with a CR more than half your level, roll a Persuasion or Arcana check with a DC of 15. On a failure the Construct is not charmed by you as per the spell description, though it may or may not be hostile. It's actions are determined by the DM.

Overall these changes would be a significant buff to Artificers, but honestly I feel like they kinda need it.
>>
Can someone explain to me what D&D Adventurers League is about?
I dont play D&D but I saw this quite a few times now.
What is the difference to other campaigns and what is the deal with it?
>>
>>53164650
As this guy >>53164349 I do plan on picking up polearm master since I'm using a glaive. Would GWM come before or after? Also our campaigns do normally run to 20 so there's no problem there.
>>
>>53165219
It's like set rules that each adventure's league follows. They run specific adventures, you don't roll stats, and magic items from one campaign can transfer over to another game.

It's an interesting system, but you can't homebrew your own stuff in and stuff is regulated.

It's still D&D so it's fun, but it's swapping wacky for hard rules.
>>
Any good multiclass options for Archer fighter in core? I'm pretty much the only damage option for the party and I wanna make sure we can get through the module.
>>
>>53165512
Sneak attack couldn't hurt.
>>
>>53165557
I was considering going Assassin but I heard that rules clarifications from JC kinda shat on them.
>>
>>53165585
You might not want assassin unless you plan on surprising your enemis all the time.
>>
>>53164445
The other options to bring the dead back to life. Raise dead, resurrection, true res.
>>
What G-d does my dwarf paladin worship and more importantly, does it matter?
>>
>>53165744
>does it matter
Paladins are not bound to serve any deities. They get their powers from being VERY sure about what they're doing.
>>
>>53165744
In this edition it doesn't really matter because oaths are not to gods, unless you want to fluff it that way.
>>
>>53165754
Personally I rationalize it as the tap into magic without realizing it. The oath is merely a "ritual" if you will and their following of such keeps that magic open to them.

In other words it's all in their fucking head
>>
Been thinking of becoming a DM now I have some experience with the game because a lot of new members of the local board game club want to try it out. But I'm really nervous because I want to give them a good first experience with the game and I'm not even sure if I'd be a good GM.
>>
>>53165744
>plays divine characters
>self censors the word god
Paladins don't get their powers directly from a god in 5e, they're self empowered through their righteousness and conviction, with specific Oaths granting different abilities and requiring different moral values.
>>
>>53165820
>Paladins don't get their powers directly from a god in 5e
They do if you and your DM aren't autistic beta numale faggot [buzzword] cucks.
>>
>>53159772
Orcus' best move is to summon 8 demiliches with their AoE instakill.
>>
>>53165879
The sad part is that you think you're being clever.
>>
>>53165901
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>53165754
>>53165769
I should say, he's an acolyte so that entails following some religion, right? Any way, I'll just pick the one that sounds the coolest and isn't too far from his alignment
>>
File: 1 (YOU).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1 (YOU).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>53165910
>>
>>53165901
Sad part is he's right, your Godless Paladins wear Pussy Hats and aggressively champion Bill Nye.
>>
>>53165965
>implying paladins not getting powers from gods is the same thing as paladins being militant fedora tippers

My paladin worships Pelor. It is through his devotion to Pelor that he found divine inspiration; his calling as a champion of the people and as a force of righteousness. My paladin still doesn't get his powers from Pelor.
>>
File: HeadInHands.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
HeadInHands.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>53165965
>tfw childhood hero is SJW meme now
>>
>>53165929
Yeah if he's an acolyte then that changes things, I'd pick a couple that line up with what your character is like then run them by the DM and see what ones he is or isn't including.
>>
>>53165658
I don't think surprising things would be too difficult with expertise in stealth
>>
>>53166091
Even worse is he is used, willingly, as an appeal to authority on issues certain parties want pushed forward.

He's a fucking engineer people half the shit he talks about all he does is read reviews put in front of him then sound smart when presenting them.
>>
>>53166189
I don't think you quite understand how surprise works
>>
File: 816.jpg (18KB, 624x464px) Image search: [Google]
816.jpg
18KB, 624x464px
>DM decides to use a lot of optional rules from the DMG, including cleaving attacks
>shoot for a meme build
>finally invoked the full power of my memes last night
>bandits surround my level 6 greatsword half-orc GWM battlemaster
>wizard: disengage and i'll fireball them on my turn
>IF YOU HAD ONE SHOT
>ONE OPPORTUNITY
>TO SEIZE MARTIAL SUPERIORITY
>GWM attack one of them
>C R I T
>+10 damage, another d6 from my racial, horrendous amounts of damage flying out
>cleaves through and kills another bandit, then wounds one more
>bonus attack it to death
>run further into the room and take my second attack
>kill my fourth bandit and cleave into another, wounding him
>SWEEPING ATTACK
>fifth bandit dead
>use the rest of my move to get right up in the face of the next guy
>turn ends
>bandit goes next
>pissing his pants after watching five of his friends get chopped in half by one guy who is now standing right next to him, he breaks into a full-tilt sprint away
>opportunity attack
>>
File: 1298398936972.jpg (90KB, 432x585px) Image search: [Google]
1298398936972.jpg
90KB, 432x585px
>>53166244
>>
>>53166215
as a fellow autist who doesn't understand the role of science advocates and believes that only scientists (certainly not engineers) can know anything about science, i get all of my science facts from politicians reading off lobbyist wish lists

did you know burning coal fumes are completely clean and safe? look up activated charcoal. the green illuminazis just want you to spend more money on energy star appliances that spy on you and send your blood type to the NSA. teach the controversy
>>
File: barlgura.jpg (61KB, 736x623px) Image search: [Google]
barlgura.jpg
61KB, 736x623px
Does anyone have suggestions for decent demons?
Like sources for statblocks, art, experiences or stuff like that

I don't really like the ones in the MM for obvious reasons
>>
What kind of character should I make to trivialize a wizard's tower full of traps and riddles?
>>
>>53166189
I think your entire party needs to be stealthed or you need to be seperated from the party.
>>
>>53166335
>what kind of character should I make to trivialize ______________________
Another Wizard.
>>
>>53166341
Any sensible DM will run group stealth checks. Everyone rolls to beat a target DC (the enemy's [averaged] perception) and if half the group makes it, the entire group is stealthed.
Otherwise it's just,
>okay cleric and paladin, you sit down over there
>wizard too because you're a dumbass and only have 12 dex
>>
I'm trying to be the tank of the party with a twist of tactician, since I'm the only player that seems to actually take advantage of the game mechanics and my abilities

Str 18
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 11
Cha 8

I got some meh stat rolls but I'm trying my best to make it work. My HP is also meh for a tank (39) but I think I can mitigate a lot of it with my abilities

>Battlemaster
>Protection fighting style (impose disadvantage on attacks to teammates within 5ft of me)
>Heavy Armor Master (-3 physical damage)

For my maneuvers I have
>Parry (reduce damage taken by superiority die roll D8)
>Riposte (free reaction attack if an enemy attack misses me, add D8 damage)
>Goading Strike (add D8 to damage, if enemy fails a wisdom saving throw they get disadvantage attacking anyone but me)

I plan on grabbing Sentinel at level 6, we're all level 4 right now. What other maneuvers are worth grabbing once I reach level 7 (I think)?

And what feats will compliment Sentinel or just help me tank in general?
>>
>>53166321
Use their stats.
Change appearance to whatever you think is cool.
Maybe change their special abilities / give them other abilities.
>>
>>53166321
I'm running a game that revolves around demons (half-assed homebrew setting, no connection to official settings) I just peruse the books until I find something appropriate for the encounter, whatever it is, and say it's a demon. Give it a fucked up physical description and apply the universal demon traits if it comes up (immune to poison, etc)
>>
>>53165744
>What G-d
>G-d
>does it matter?

Jesus fucking christ if you can even bring yourself to spell the word you shouldn't be playing.
>>
>>53165965
>and aggressively champion Bill Nye.
>bill nye isn't a god.
>>
File: 6Sm197j.jpg (844KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
6Sm197j.jpg
844KB, 2550x3300px
I'm thinking about placing a few of these guys with my Undead Knight BBEG, sound like a plan?
>>
>>53165804
Think about what you like that DMs do, then do those things.

Then, think about what your party likes once you have one, and do those things instead.
>>
>>53157904

How do I best make pic related? Rogue/Monk combo?

What can I magic initiate into to get the Sleep spell?
>>
>>53166526

forgot my picture
>>
>>53166487
The abilities sound like the demons all stay fighting until enough damage is done to kill all of them, then they all drop dead?
What level is the party? Just looking at the Stat block I feel the AC should be lower.
>>
File: fam i gotchu.jpg (74KB, 431x410px) Image search: [Google]
fam i gotchu.jpg
74KB, 431x410px
>>53166564
Gotchu senpai,
>>
How is acquisitions inc c team? Worth watching at all?
>>
>>53166579
They will be around level 15 when they get there. Do you think they are too strong to add to an encounter with a BBEG? How low should their AC be?
>>
>>53166304
>I could try and open a discussion and explain why I think he's wrong
>Nah I'll act retarded that'll show him

Solid reasoning their champ, also good job implying things I never said.
>>
>>53166600

hey. he's an honorable human being.

meow
>>
>>53165965
My godless paladins get their powers from their loyalty to their knightly order, through their oaths.

It's about being part of a militant cult a company man.

And some of them get it from their devotion to the crown, the land, justice, or the people.

And some others are just heavy duty variant Eldritch knights.

Hell, I might be inclined to use some form of variant paladin for a more martial warlock pact.

There are options beyond "Zealous Inquisitor" and championing for pussy hats because you're a big ol' Lefty SJW.

Many of those options are quite interesting.
>>
>>53166611
If the party is level 15, it should actually be fine where it is.
>>
>>53166631
The best advise anyone can give for you is go back to Pathfinder or ask pfg, both would be best
>>
>>53166654
Sweet thanks!
>>
>>53166678

The idea of pathfinder letting you play as an actual cat with class levels is immensely amusing, but I also think 5e is better balanced.
>>
>>53166600
>keen smell
>no Darkvision
da fuk is dis shit nigga
>>
>>53166321
Use the Pathfinder>>5e monster converter to start, copy in your demons from Pathfinder or 3.5, and make tweaks as needed.

Pathfinder has tons of interesting demons.
>>
>>53160488
Deep Goose needs its monster type changed. Only natural creatures can have the beast tag. It should be a monstrosity.
>>
>>53166564
Druid. Wildshape into housecat
>>
File: magician-cat.jpg (134KB, 496x560px) Image search: [Google]
magician-cat.jpg
134KB, 496x560px
>>53166744
I agree on that Cats should be able to see in dim light, but darkness?

Cats need some sort of light, they aren't actually magic.
>>
>>53166854

Think some kind of druid/rogue multiclass is viable? You definitely want at least thieve's tools proficiency.
>>
Why did they remove low light vision in 5e?
>>
File: 436.jpg (60KB, 524x480px) Image search: [Google]
436.jpg
60KB, 524x480px
>>53166786
>Anon has never seen what happens to the Canadian Geese that fail to migrate
>>
>>53166911
Trying to remove bloat by cutting situational things as much as possible is my guess. Just roll it into dark vision and you either have it or don't.
>>
Got some questions for all of you out there with ideas. I have a Warlock of the Great Old Ones, Cthulhu specifically, and was wondering if you had any ideas about how to start a cult, since that's the character's main goal.
>>
>>53158122
The issue is that its become a meme. Some people are probably serious when they and genuinely want help. They could easily phrase it much better though.
>>
>>53166989
I agree anytime I see a stat me I ignore it as nothing but shitposting, if people actually want help they need to do something to not immediately be seen as such.
>>
I'm gonna be joining a 3rd level game with a ranged ranger, a ranged support valor bard, and a melee hexblade warlock

What the hell do I make?
>>
>>53167051
Depends on what you want to do, me I'd make either a paladin, barbarian or a battlemaster fighter.
>>
sorry if this a newfag question

do you gain ranks as you level up for your skills or do you solely rely on proficiency bonus? been playing pathfinder too long and just started 5e last weekend.
>>
>>53167083
Proficiency bonus goes up, certain feats or features (rogue expertise) can up skills.
>>
>>53167083
Just proficiency.
>>
File: 1488599122651.png (106KB, 264x294px) Image search: [Google]
1488599122651.png
106KB, 264x294px
>>53166949
Start by becoming a priest. A bonafide holy priest. At least, look like one. Preach the government-allowed religions, and create a congregation.

Then, when someone comes to you with a crisis of faith (If you succeed, this will eventually happen, as the odds of getting a 100% perfectly mentally healthy congregation together is almost zero), then start teaching them the ways of your cult, but try and make it sound like the next step of the cover religion you preach. Eventually, more of this will happen, and by the time you get four or more people in, start making sure you use different names from your normal names. By that point, people will start approaching you as your priestsona asking for special help, and you can induct them. Stay low for a while, until you get someone in your cult who is either important in town, or next in line to someone related in town. This should eventually happen if your priest persona earns a holy reputation. When you have the important person, start phase 2. If they are next in line, indoctrinate them into killing the important person, so you both have them spiritually and have blackmail on them.

Now, phase two. Start shopping the cult around to important people with the help of the important person you have in your cult. Make sure they do it the same way you started, preying on the weak minded or broken. This time, you're pulling from the richer, the aristocrats, the lords, ect. You use them as funding for spreading your most loyal and broken followers to other towns to start the cycle. Meanwhile, use some of that same funding to expand the operations of your own cult however you see fit. If you do this right, then in a few years you may be able to sell your cult to the normal rich folk, by selling it as a secret society. Noblemen and people of the upper echelons love secret societies (see the Lions Club, the Freemasons, ect.). Your ultimate goal should be summoning your deity or recruiting the country ruler. Happy Culting!
>>
>>53167109
>>53167115

thanks lads

not a massive fan of 5e so far to be honest.
>>
>>53167129
To each their own, care to explain why?
>>
Are there any Artificers that aren't shite? Because the Unearthed Arcana one seems pretty shite.
>>
>>53167173
well I usually DM and haven't been a PC in a long time, so mostly just from that perspective. theres certain things i like for sure.
advantage/disadvantage seems like neat mechanic, and i also like how each class has different builds to specialize in - but im just used to feats being more important and necessary. it seems to me that everything has a lower armor class and difficulty; so its not necessary to need to have a +16 to a check.

but, ive only played one session with a new DM using new rules; im sure it will grow on me.
>>
>>53167122
Sounds like a great path to start, thanks. I should be able to figure something out from that. Just got to wait until I'm back in a town for a long enough time now.
>>
>>53166874
Eh, it's easier to just say "darkvision". If it's really that important you could just copypasta the Skulker feat ability.
>>
How do you make a tower interesting, as a dungeon?
>>
>>53167316
Make it a puzzle tower
>>
>>53167316

lots of devious traps
>>
>>53167308
Personally, I removed Darkvision from every race that had it and gave 'em Low-Light Vision instead.
Except Dwarves, who lost it entirely, because in my setting they live in the desert.
>>
>>53167316
A devious trap puzzle tower
>>
>>53166487
This just came to mind, how do you all DM with creatures like these? Do you give them all separate turns or make them act as one group on one initiative order for pacing?
>>
>>53167240
If you play a martial certain feats are almost mandatory if a person is playing a wizard and knows what they are doing.

The lowered numbers I can't say 100% why other than less math and possibly bounded accuracy.

From playing for a bit 5e is trying to be as streamlined as possible so it definitely is a huge shift from having several situational modifiers. However as a DM becomes more experienced you can easily add such things, for me a person who rps trying to persuade someone has a chance of auto succeeding if they are convincing enough, changing the DC, or getting a modifier I do mentally.

It's a different system trying to tap a wider market.
>>
>>53167365
I consider enemies of the same type to run on the same init count and have collective health if they have more than 1.
>>
>>53167365
If I've got a group of ten or more, I might split them into two initiative scores. Less than that they all go at once.
>>
File: debristowers.jpg (1MB, 2000x3040px) Image search: [Google]
debristowers.jpg
1MB, 2000x3040px
>>53167316
It's not a tower.
It's a spaceship.
That's stuck in the ground nose-first.
The floors are walls and vice-versa.
Moving from one room to another involves crawling through a duct or a tube with ladders / moving handles on the side.
Going from one floor to another involves opening a door in the floor and just jumping. Getting back up? Good luck.
Have fun with the automated security and the vegepygmies.
>>
>>53167491
I liked Xenogears too
>>
>>53167562
What's funny is older editions didn't bat an eye at using spaceships as dungeons.
>>
>>53167631
CASTLE PERILOUS IS A SPACESHIP MARK MY WORDS
>>
>>53167316
When you get to the top floor of the tower, you find a red door. Open the door and you find yourself at ground level in a different world.
>>
Brought this up a couple threads ago, stop me when it sounds too crazy.
>psychic ooze
>psychic ooze that drains INT
>psychic ooze that drains INT to boost its own to cast spells
>psychic ooze that drains INT to boost its own to cast spells, using the victim's spell slots
>>
>>53167694
Using their spell slots is stupid. The rest is cool.
>>
>>53167694
>PITIFUL MORTALS, with the power of my latest thrall you will bow before my arcane glory!
>Wait, this is a Barbarian
>His int is negative
>Suddenly I no thunk so gud
>>
crossposting from /wip/ because I find this thread as relevant

I need some advice, this is not a painting question.
I'm making some terrain items for my DnD game, not dungeon tiles but objects I can put on the grid to help make the strategic placement easier to visualize and help facilitate more varied combat situations.
So far I made a corner wall that is 3x3 spaces, a wall 3 spaces long, a well (something can be pushed into it or jump out from it) and a door/portal.
What other elements can I make to increase the number of arrangements I can get?
I thought of making few that would signify single or double untraversable spaces and elevated vantage points like a boulder that could be climbed for ambush or whatever.
>>
>>53167694
How about a psychic ooze that, if touched in any way (even with a long pole or a magical spell), permanently drains your Wis by -2 with no save?
>>
>>53167757
Only works on gnomes though.
>>
>>53167717
>>53167741
Alright, working on a bad guy and wanted some input.
>Psychic Ooze hivemind that captures people and drains their intelligence to turn them into a horde of wizard skeleton jellies
>>53167757
Nah but thanks.
>>
File: Magus Spells.png (652KB, 916x444px) Image search: [Google]
Magus Spells.png
652KB, 916x444px
>>53167694
I have seen worse.

>Psychic Ooze that drains INT
That's about how far I go.
>>
File: 1366325457599.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1366325457599.png
6KB, 400x400px
>>53167694
>psychic ooze that drains INT to boost its own to cast spells, using the victim's spell slots

Another reason to not play warlock.

It'd be cool if it drained INT and then copied spells from its targets spell books.
>>
Would using catapults to launch battleragers as living spiked cannonballs be possible
>>
>>53167853
They'd be dead spiked cannonballs when they hit something.
>>
>>53167743
Honestly I never felt like terrain worked very well because if it's too detailed (like a sturdy crate) you can only really use it for a crate of that type. If you're in a dwarven stronghold and need a metal box it's gonna look weird.

I'd suggesting placing a whiteboard, blackboard or even paper in the center of your table. This makes it easy to draw up terrain and change features when something happens (the spell just turned the boulder into a statue? No problem!)
>>
Guys, what are some nice things (debuff spells, for instance) to throw at the tankier dudes in the group? I've been ramping the damage a little too much to give them a challenge as well, but it's getting too dangerous for the rest of the group.
>>
>>53167952
Single target nukes and spells or effects that target their weak saves.
Hit the Cha-dumped Fighter with something that teleports him to the other side of the battlefield.
Slam the raging Bearbarian with psychic nonsense.
Delete the Paladin because fuck you, Brent.
>>
>>53167873
exactly for that reason I stray away from dungeon tiles and such, I just want things to signify the placement of things since somehow with my group combat always turns out to essentially always be on a flat open surface because as the turns go the drawn symbols tend to be gradually overlooked and the movement/line of sight rules get ignored or bent for convenience
I do not seek to build a dungeon but bits I can arrange to be a corridor, a corner, a choke point a town square or a ruined dungeon chamber and encourage strategizing and movement in lines other than straight, as well as using cover
>>
>>53167832
Man, it's a damn shame 4e is kinda meh. It has a lot of cool classes and races I'd love to see in 5e.

I guess realistically I just want to see more class variety in 5e in general.
>>
>>53165512
Do not multiclass. Get your extra attacks asap. Take Vhuman with the following:

1 - Sharpshooter
3 - Precision Strike, Menacing Strike, Trip Attack.
4 - 18 DEX
6 - 20 DEX
7 - Riposte, Parry
8 - Martial Adept, Goading Attack, Feint.
>>
>>53165512
Does a crossbowman count as an archer?
>>
>>53166389
Polearm Mastery is a wonderful compliment to Sentinel, as it allows you to make an opportunity attack as soon as an opponent enters your reach. This, combined with Sentinel's movement speed zeroing effect, prevents an enemy from getting closer than 10 feet to you.
>>
What's the most damaging AL legal build possible? Asking for a friend.
>>
Can you guys give me a rundown on how possible this is? I've had it as an idea since the first DnD game I played, when we had to end a siege on a castle.

The Treebuchet. A hollowed out Tree or something else similarly hollow is launched out of a catapult or trebuchet, over the city walls and into the city, where the people inside can jump out and fight to open the city from the inside. The back half will be where the seats are, with a parachute in the back that deploys when the Treebuchet starts falling. The front will have a massive weight to make sure it falls down on that side, and there would be extreme padding from the weight to the seating area. People would be strapped in to lessen the possibility of death.

If you had a party do this, would you let them survive? And as a modifier, this was before we had Levitate as a possible spell.
>>
>>53168310
What the fuck
>>
>>53168322
consistent raw damage is probably just Sharpshooter Battlemaster or maybe Barbarian GWM.

Oathbreaker with GWM and PAM is probably up there as well but I don't know if it's AL legal.
>>
>>53168310
but remember, this only works for one enemy as you only get one reaction. it's a great defender build versus single targets, but it's not stopping any horde from rushing through and fucking up your mages.
>>
>>53168327
w-what?
>>
Alright /tg/, I just hit 4th level and am playing a support Wizard that thusfar has had zero damage spells. I've promised I'll grab a damage cantrip for my 4th since using a crossbow seems to trigger them haha

Recommend me a good damage cantrip with some utility to it.
I already have Light (Human tax), Prestidigitation, and Minor Illusion
I don't want to go with Firebolt since it's just damage (and a commonly resisted one at that). Was looking at Ray of Frost. 2d8 damage at 5th and slows move by 10ft seems pretty good.
>>
>>53158407
Facing + Flanking
>>
>>53168348
Don't know much about optimization, but why battlemaster? Are the maneuvers that strong? As far as I'd heard Champions were the ones who hit shit hardest
>>
>>53168327
anything powerful and complicated enough to get this to work would be better off just firing larger/better ammunition.

Imagine, instead of sending a dozen guys in a hollowed out tree, you could just send a massive payload of alchemist fire, poison gas, undead, diseased bodies, rabid weasels, etc.

Literally the worst thing you could send is a small telegraphed strike force with a big sign on it for archers saying "SHOOT HERE"
>>
>>53168483
Champions are lame as fuck. It's basically equivalent to being a fighter with no archetype.
>>
>>53168366
Indeed, this build is limited by the fact that very few things get multiple opportunity attacks. However, it is still very nice for making it much harder for an enemy to run around you to get to the backline. I think it also fits in well with the "tactician" theme anon was going for.

>>53168422
Ray of Frost is a great cantrip for the reason you stated. You could perhaps also consider Chilling Touch, which prevents healing for a turn on a hit and causing undead it hits to have disadvantage on all attacks it makes next turn if the spell hits. I would recommend Ray of Frost if you aren't going to encounter many undead or things with regeneration though. Otherwise, consider Chilling Touch.
>>
>>53168483
Aimed attack with Sharpshooter.

+8 damage that hits is better with +16 damage that misses.
>>
>>53168520
*better than
>>
>>53168502
Champion archetype I always imagined was for characters thrust into an adventure, where they have no prior training, just the ability to hit stuff.
>>
File: kobold.png (258KB, 795x363px) Image search: [Google]
kobold.png
258KB, 795x363px
>he isn't playing a kobold fighter
>>
>>53168483
It depends.

Are you feeling lucky, anon? Cause your only going to shine if you crit, where as a Battlemaster you shine everytime you trip a target or give your Rogue an extra sneak attack.
>>
File: Burn shit.png (702KB, 1274x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Burn shit.png
702KB, 1274x1920px
>>53168611
You're correct. I've got a sorcerer/bard instead. Sue me.
>>
File: 1494437430413.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1494437430413.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>53168666
>female kobold
>>
File: you are waifu.jpg (200KB, 1000x1272px) Image search: [Google]
you are waifu.jpg
200KB, 1000x1272px
>>53168666
I would like to take this moment to remind everyone that actual kobolds are ugly as fuck.
>>
File: kobold dog noses.png (459KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
kobold dog noses.png
459KB, 500x490px
>>53168714
>lithe lizardmen with dog snooters
>ugly
>>
File: HPCcWrc.png (942KB, 497x808px) Image search: [Google]
HPCcWrc.png
942KB, 497x808px
>>53168714
In that case lets talk about halflings

DnD characters are significantly better when you beautify them a little, because the official art often sucks.
>>
is there a guide to 5e gods?
>>
>>53168502
There is literally nothing wrong with champions. Some players really do only want to run in and swing a sword at a monster without thinking too hard about their options.
It's a good thing that WotC thought about them and made a couple of archetypes that accommodate them. Often these players are great role-players and it would be a shame to exclude them from the hobby.
Not all archetypes are meant for every player, and that's okay.
>>
File: muh dick.png (388KB, 481x733px) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.png
388KB, 481x733px
>>53168790
Consider the following.
>>
>>53168804
>cleavage
>heels
>>
>>53168666
>>53168703
>Reptile with mammary glands

>>53168790
You take that back, Lidda is a goddess
>>
>>53168587
I imagined it as basically Achilles. As in, while battlemasters are skill-and-strategy focused or tricky fucks and Eldritch Knights are magical warriors, Champions would just plunge right into the heat of the battle and mow people down by the dozens as implacable behemoths (which funnily enough a Eldritch Knight could probaby do better in-game)

But everyone knows the real reason Champions exist is that the 3aboos cried that fighters could do stuff other than "I hit it with my sword" and that martial dice were too complex (because apparently the only people who play fighters are blubbering idiots incapable of understanding anything more nuanced), so WotC reworked the original fighter concept into Battlemaster and put the Champion as a compromise
>>
>>53168797
You know I actually agree with you. I just wish the archetype wasn't garbage mechanically.
You would actually be better off as a battlemaster that just added the dice to damage and didn't use maneuvers because it's that fucking bad.
>>
File: 1492076935009.gif (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492076935009.gif
3MB, 800x450px
>>53168804
Along with strong tall women.
>>
File: 1460451851459.png (407KB, 831x992px) Image search: [Google]
1460451851459.png
407KB, 831x992px
>>53168819
Guoh draws them both ways.
>>
>>53168790
This. My character looks how I want, not like a walking bobblehead.
>>
>>53168844
Thank you very much, I like a little realism with my fantasy fetishes depicting imaginary creatures.

>>53168860
>How I want
>Not a walking bobblehead
I don't follow
>>
File: cutebold.png (421KB, 1228x1807px) Image search: [Google]
cutebold.png
421KB, 1228x1807px
>>53168882
I honestly agree entirely. I have a friend who prefers his kobolds with tits and it makes me sad.

Makes no sense to have tits on a lizard.
>>
>>53168920
> I have a friend who prefers his kobolds with tits
This is not the type of topic that should be discussed with people you know.
>>
>>53168955
He's a friend I met online who draws furry porn and planes with tits.

I think it's fine.
>>
>>53168920
Well they're lizard-people. And people have tits.
>>
>>53168955
X-COM 2 makes for a fantastic starter on the lizard breast dilema.
>>
>Reptile with mammary glands
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
You can reasonably bullshit a reason for a lizard to have tits.
>>
>>53169008
>Bipedal reptiles
Nope. Can't happen.
>>
>>53169008
They're venom sacs, duh.
>>
>>53168790
Hobbits were supposed to just look like human children until they were well into their old age, but nobody that makes halfling art seems to take inspiration on that and draws them as midgets
>>
>>53168984
Being bipedal doesn't suddenly make them mammalian. Besides, canonically kobolds have very little sexual dimorphism. I think the presence of tits exceeds "very little"
>>
File: Skeleton Warriors.png (377KB, 515x289px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Warriors.png
377KB, 515x289px
What would I have to do to 5e to get a game that plays out like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA
>>
File: ReptilesOnTwoLegsIsSillyYouSay.jpg (218KB, 1500x758px) Image search: [Google]
ReptilesOnTwoLegsIsSillyYouSay.jpg
218KB, 1500x758px
>>53168976
Planes with tits masterrace
I want to see REAL rule34. Not just naked pictures of the popular vidya character of the week. Chess pieces having sex with WH40K figurines, tables fucking lampposts, that sort of shit.

>>53169024
Correction: you can reasonably bullshit a reason for a reptile to have some sort of growths on its chest. Unless they're used to lactate, they're not tits.

>>53169032
Pardon me?
>>
File: 052.jpg (26KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
052.jpg
26KB, 249x249px
>>53168920
>>53168955
>>53168976
>>53168984
>>53168997
>>53169008

ive been on /tg/ for one day and i found myself in a discusison about kobold tits
>>
File: Drunkbold.png (623KB, 1280x1246px) Image search: [Google]
Drunkbold.png
623KB, 1280x1246px
>>53168819
I don't care either way. I just found an image that matched the character I was playing.
>>
File: 1480929369361.jpg (20KB, 358x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480929369361.jpg
20KB, 358x400px
>>53169084
Welcome home.
>>
>>53169084
On /tg/, you take the good with the bad. I promise /5eg/ isn't usually like this.
The myriad forms of our collective autism are beyond count.
>>
>>53169084
We discuss this every day.
>>
I'm so happy that my shitty Photoshop color job started a discussion about bipedal lizard tits
>>
>>53169084
I think the same thing happened to me, honestly.

Just let it happen.
>>
>>53169142
>>53169145
>>53169147
>>53169164

I like it here already desu; i foresee a lot of time being wasted on this board.
>>
>>53169073
If reptiles can talk then they can grow tits I say.
They're just weird mammal/reptile hybrids.
>>
>>53169084
>>53169147
>>53169178
TB completely H, every thread goes to shit after it hits the bump limit and we sort of accept it.
Welcome home indeed.
>>
>>53169145
>>53169178

fiveggs is really random on the shit it discusses after bump limit and on the first posts if no one asks a question.
>>
>>53169197
>mammal/reptile hybrids
Now THAT'S crazy talk
>>
>>53169232
I know right! Magical hybrids? Pfft...
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (54KB, 378x388px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
54KB, 378x388px
>>53157904
Fairly new to 5e. Already tried Champion and Battle Master Fighters. I want to go into Eldritch Knight but seems difficult to make one that doesn't suck. Any suggestions for a Lv. 4 EK?
>>
File: snek.jpg (118KB, 1300x728px) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
118KB, 1300x728px
SNEK TITS?
>>
>>53169266
BM fighter3/1 wizard
>>
>>53169266
Take all defensive spells like Shield, Absorb Elements, Haste later and become a super tank.
>>
All those who wish to escape kobold tits, run along now

>>53169374
>>53169374
>>53169374
>>53169374
>>
>>53169266
The handle of that sword looked like a microphone for a second the way he's holding it.
>>
>>53169032
>all theropods
>carnufex saurosuchians
???
>>
>>53166888
Rogue 1 for proficiencies, druid the rest of the way?

I don't see why not.
>>
>>53169253
fuck owlbears, I want an owrilla. All the Intelligence and instinct of an Owl with the raw strength, body and thumbs of a gorilla to back it up.
>>
>>53169947
>intelligence of an owl
nigga owls are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>53169979
>crowilla
>>
>>53169609

It works well too because Morgana is a full caster really. With some supporting abilities.
>>
>>53169979
Fine, a Dolphilla, whatever.
>>
>>53164675
You play, say, a wizard and every single spell you take is justified as a gadget.
Comprehend languages is some language decoding device you can put on.
Fireball is some sort of grenade.
So forth.

Only problem is for a lot of them you might need more futuristic levels of engineering than rock gnome racial levels.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>53170012
>>
File: bw_torca2_alt2.jpg (145KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
bw_torca2_alt2.jpg
145KB, 1024x683px
>>53170330
>Dolphin with legs so it can rape you on land and in the sea
fug.

In fact it kinda reminds me of this FUCKING AWESOME transformer I used to have when I was a kid that was half elephant half killer fucking whale.
>>
>>53170417
>early humans just building tools when the almighty dolphilla race lumbers out of the sea looking to conquer.
>they aren't amphibious, they've just already killed everything underwater and now have developed landsuits to keep them hydrated on land.
>>
File: Gyo-Walking-Whale.jpg (169KB, 723x466px) Image search: [Google]
Gyo-Walking-Whale.jpg
169KB, 723x466px
>>53170516
You reminded me of this manga
>>
>>53170598
gyo was fucked up man. First junji ito story I ever read. Went into it expecting a happy ending, boy was I disappointed.
>>
>>53170632
The part that really got me for some reason was the MC's girlfriend eventually losing the ability to smell her own stench once she was turned
>>
>>53166335
Arcane Trickster Rogue or a Monster Hunter fighter with Mage Hunter and War Caster.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.