[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argo Brigade: Crushing rebelions since 30k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: 1493760147512.jpg (505KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493760147512.jpg
505KB, 1000x750px
Last thread got archived.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Argo_Brigade

Homeworld: Argos
Colors: UN Blue and Blood/ Charcoal and white accents

Specialty: Coin Operations, anti armor, mass "passification"
Tactical info: Shock troops/light infantry with artillery support
Battlecry: "Nail 'em up!" also "Upside down! Sideways!"
Special Weapons: The Chem cannon and Nailer Pistol and various gas grenades
Favorite Pastime: Crucifixion
Champions: Sergeant Bross
Loyalty: Fanatical
Modus Operandi: Rapid insertion into warzones with extreme target prioritization or enemy armor. Followed by mass executions and chemical bombardment to pacify local populations

Old threads
>>52865307 →#→#→ # -The Founding
>>52921937 →#→#→ # -Getting shit done!
>>52962986 →#→#Organization, Tanks, and Autism
>>52989751 →#→# Efficiency and lore
>>
Oh yeah the last thread

>>53053332
>>
Things that still needs to be done
>Company names
>more writefaggotry that some people were doing
>Stuff from this >>53056192

What else?
>>
Anyone else lurking?
>>
>>53125151
>passification
>>
>>53126617
Whoops. Need to fix that typo.

An update on the project. Received shipments from Anvil Industry And Mega Bitz Shop has arrived! Hopefully AdMech rifles will come tomorrow.
>>
So a thought on how they operate.

What if they don't deploy alone but always accompany another Argive unit as a sort of honour guard?
>>
>>53128137
So the 77th Argoan Peacekeeper Brogade is the honor guard for Argives? And then there are shit ton of other regiments they deploy with? Did i understood yoyr thought correctly?
>>
>>53126608
Of course, just doing other things too.
>>
>>53128894
I see why not. There was talk in last thread about what type of other regiments Argo VII have. Few people actually suggested this type of arrangement and desu it would make sense fluffwise.
>>
I just looked at the 1d4 page and saw this under The Crunch:
>Champions: The Bross Family Line
Now in the last thread I saw that someone said that the first Bross of note was the man behind the dissenting PDF way back when, and one of his descendants is now a sergeant of the Brigade who has made a name for himself.
This raises some questions for me, the first of which being is there a military tradition in the Bross family, and if so has every member been a leader of the Brigade or just a member?

Depending on the answer to the actual question I asked above, some of the following discussion / writing prompt questions will be null.

Yet if they have all been leaders are children of the Bross line groomed for their future role since childhood, like a royal would be for the throne?
If their line does behave this way do they hold economic and or political power in their system?
If they do was the original Bross a noble who joined the PDF?
If he did join the PDF, why did he especially if he was a noble (I mean there wouldn't have to be only 1 reason)? Was it something like any of these: rebellious youth, adventure, status, protect people from all the subterfuge on his planet, family killed and wanted to get even without furthering playing the nobles' game, a part of some more ambitious plan, etc?
Why did he side with the loyalist minority? Was it about loyalty to the Emperor or just humanity?
Did he have ulterior motives and see the rise of a mass separatist movement backed by all the other noble houses as an opportunity to wipe them all out and stop the violence once and for all (as well as a way kill off all the competition and get a juicy reward by being the one guy still loyal to humanity when which ever groups of Superhumans still standing swings by to see whats going on)?
If he was a noble did he even join the PDF at all or did he just swoop in to back them with his considerable resources?
>>
>>53130439
whoops I missed the end bit on this
>If he was a noble did he even join the PDF at all or did he just swoop in to back them with his considerable resources and become the defacto leader of the loyalist resistance?
>>
>>53130439
Dude the first Bross, Damadar, was the Lord Commissar of the PDF.

He sided with the Imperium because he's not a fucking heretic, and he would have all who were upon a cross
>>
File: 2017-05-08 22.24.33.jpg (409KB, 625x1023px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-08 22.24.33.jpg
409KB, 625x1023px
Finished the flamer guy. Still no masking tape tho for straight lines. Working on commander right now.
>>
File: 2017-05-08 22.30.19.jpg (395KB, 573x1023px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-08 22.30.19.jpg
395KB, 573x1023px
>>53131703
Sneak peak of our commander.
>>
>>53131770
Also any wishes what he should wield? Pistol (las/bolter), cane, sword (normal arm/bionic), right hand empty (just clenched fist)?
>>
>>53131829
Bolt pistol?
>>
>>53130439
I completely agree that if the Bross family really is central to the history of the regiment it needs to be more fleshed out.

However I find it rather difficult to think that a family dynasty has been crucial to an IG regiment.

What if all the famous Heroes of the Bross name are formally adopted much like the Roman Emperors. A soldier who has proven him/herself to be a paragon of the Argive virtues and has been critical to the success of the legion is adopted into the Bross household.

That way there's no concerns of nepotism. Given that the Argives have a rather bad history for powerful noble clans I think having a biological Dynasty famous and revered in the regiment may become contentious.

Hence the Bross family is an artificial family, mocking the customs of the Nobles who once risked the entire world, while establishing the importance of meritocratic processes.
>>
>>53131829
Perhaps a Phosphor serpenta/phosphor blast pistol.

It looks great, shows the ties between the AdMech and the Argo Brigade and it'd be really awesome.

When the Argo Brigade begins an attack, the commander fires his phosphor weapon killing and illuminating the targets who should dealt with
>>
>>53135482
>>53130439
Interesting ideas, but really I think the Bross family line has just produced some bad asses, not everyone is some storied hero, some even go into government work, but every know and then a legend emerges from their family tree.
>>
>>53135637
No Phosphor weapons, no AdMech goodies
>>
I think we should talk more about the culture of Argo. What would a society made from the ground up by cops and soldiers look like?
>>
>>53135822
Huh, I'm pretty sure we came to a general consensus in the first three threads that a few phosphor weapons would be available to the Regiment. equally the regiment would have a relatively good supply of bionic prosthetics courtesy of their relation with the Admech.

I personally was against AdMech goodies but the thread decided that a few (very few) admech weapons, solely limited to phosphor were ok.
>>
>>53135803
Well I guess that can be a good source of internal conflict then. A powerful family that has tremendously benefitted from it's ancestor's position and has a history of producing the most storied heroes of the regiment. Leads to good potential factionalism. Those who are fine with the Bross dynasty and those who see the Bross family as the new wave of Argive nobles.
>>
>>53137870
That would be interesting, especially with Master Sergeant Bross, at least from a narrative standpoint.

He'd be a rather polarizing character, since some would fall behind him based on merit alone, while others would have fealty to the name if nothing else (which he hates), others still admiring him for his humility for going through the enlisted ranks as opposed to going through the Schola (which he regrets). On thr other side of the fence people would hate him for potential nepotism, a perception of him overstepping his bounds as an NCO due to his name, others would begrudge him for not living up to his full potential and assuming the post of ancestors long past.

He could be a rather interesting character if written correctly.

However I'm very interested in these ideas >>53136574 >>53135482. What if Argo has a sort of Plato's Utopia, in which children are shipped off at 16 to various callings based off of rigorous childhood testing. Argo, by all reasoning, should still be fairly wealthy, if not more so since they no longer spend such wealth on extravagances such as palaces or courtly frivolity. Most Rogue Traders would most likely still keep their contracts with Argo due to the system's geospatial position and also due to the fact that the reformed Argive population is 100% less likely to stab them in the back or jew them out of a deal because it was funny at the time.

They could use this wealth to institute such measures, in which Argive youths are sent to governance positions in the Administratum, military admin with the Munitorum, law enforcement under the Adeptus Arbites, zealotry with the Ecclesiarchy, or guts and glory with the Argoan PDF/Regiments.
>>
What's the likelihood of a Brigadier falling to chaos, even unintentionally?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>53135637
Trying to find one is proving to be quite difficult. Serpenta looks so good that Id want to give it to him.

>>53135803
I like the idea of this also. This could be away of making sure that every goverment element has someone loyal to Argo Brigade in them.

>>53138221
I like the idea of this aswell. GranD Institute of Argo VII has nice ring to it.
>>
>>53139154
Id say bit lower than your average guardsman. But they are humans after all.
>>
>>53138221
>Argo, by all reasoning, should still be fairly wealthy, if not more so since they no longer spend such wealth on extravagances such as palaces or courtly frivolity.
From the sound of it i seems very much like the devious social engineering King Lycurgus of Sparta did to reform his kingdom from just some backwater in the Mediterranean to a legendary society of warriors.

>Most Rogue Traders would most likely still keep their contracts with Argo due to the system's geospatial position and also due to the fact that the reformed Argive population is 100% less likely to stab them in the back or jew them out of a deal because it was funny at the time.
This is very interesting to me because of something that was bothering me a thread or two ago. Namely it was that Agro got rich off of adamantium and is apparently still exporting it, even though their sector has been around since The Heresy. Should they not have run out, or is there something I am missing? However what if their new source of revenue is their integrity, honesty, and loyalty? What if they transformed their economy from operating off of their position as a resource producer and minor manufacturer and trade hub, to operating off of their position as the most trustworthy system in a sea of jerks. Having such a distinguished reputation as Argo has would mean that they would carry the confidence of others wishing to do business, and because of this it would be quite plausible that they would have become a financial centre and major trade hub. Put simply, since they can be trusted others would flock to do business in their sector which means their banking institutions and tax revenue would be very healthy.
>>
>>53141519
There was also talk of that Argo was pretty much next some warpgate or something which made it kinda like the last truckstop before hitting the road. This is why many rogue traders kept their establishments in there. I'll see if I can find it.
>>
>>53141638
Do warp gates exist?
>>
File: red_flower_close.jpg (62KB, 800x220px) Image search: [Google]
red_flower_close.jpg
62KB, 800x220px
>>53142918
I have no idea what they are called. But routes that people use to navigate through the warp. Or something. I dont know.

Also found the perfect stuff for Gorepoppies for my bases. Way better than I can do with GS.
>>
>>53141638
>>53142918
>>53142991
Yeah the idea is that Argo the last stop on a stable warp route that goes through most of the subsector and branches up with the sector warp routes making it a very reliable corridor of commerce and giving RT's a good place for jumping into the darkness outside of the Imperium and then coming back in to a profitable trade route to unload their wares.

>>53138221
I think both are capital ideas.
>>53141519
I think the fact that Argo has never existed as a world of significant imperial designation i.e. a mining world, hive world, or forgeworld, probably allows it to make it's natural resources stretch a fair bit longer. But agreed that by M41 they should certainly be out of any resources that made the planet rich a long time ago. Odds are they probably are still mining some very small diluted veins of ore and resources. Also keep in mind that when Argo underwent it's massive changes that probably seriously impeded a lot of work for a long time.

And secondly I think it makes sense that Argo supplements much of it's wealth by being a stable location. It holds tremendous influence in its system, is located on a stable warp route so I think it has certainly grown to be a subsector economic force.

Speaking of which once we finish with the brigade I want to propose a new TG pet regiment which would be based on a world obsessed with finance. Every new IG regiment raised would be funded and equipped by one of the planet's local big banks of giant conglomerates as any great actions or gains made by a sponsored IG regiment confers bonuses to the sponsoring company.
>>
http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/kolony-militia-heads-p-13.html

Perfect heads
>>
>>53143584
I personaly like to use normal IG heads for basic infantry, but those are good looking aswell.
>>
>>53143927
>>
Too tired to do something productive other than bumping thread up.

Also still no AdMech rifles. Sad face.
>>
Is the Argos drawfriend still lurking? If so hows the codex coming along?
>>
>>53149719
>>53149719
I am indeed still lurking and its coming! Its a slow process because I'm using a lot of art and making new stuff/ synthesizing aspects of Astra Militarum, the Tempestus Scions and some AdMech stuff. Later I can share some spoilers or something. I havent been commenting because to many people haven't read the previous threads or the wiki and giving out answers not congruent with everything else so instead of trying to correct everybody I'm just working hard on the PDF. It's turning into a rather large project and i'm pretty proud of it.
>>
>>53131770
That Is amazing, good mix of krieg with the scion jacket, nice.

>>53131829
Phosphor pistol.
>>53135637
This guy has it.

>>53135822
It was decided that during the Forgeworld-War (which I've been trying to write a cool story for) and the fallout from that, that commisars and HQ choices can take a phosphor pistol.

>>53136821
Yea, you are right.

>>53149858
>exactly what I mean
>>
>>53149945
Meant to say scion jacket and beret. Exactly the setup I was thinking. Either that or an actual krieg commander with the scion beret
>>
So I've had this idea for awhile, and>>53149858
>I havent been commenting because to many people haven't read the previous threads or the wiki and giving out answers not congruent with everything else

Then stop being a bitch and correct the record. Things won't get better with your silence.

Adress the inconsistency and we'll either retcon or move on
>>
>>53150111
I literally am, I'm making a PDF codex.
>>
>>53150111
Easy there hoss. I agree with your points but not your delivery. Attitudes like that is what kills threads like these.

Anyways, I have a super dumb idea for a writefaggotry, but I love it and want to do it anyway.

Here goes, feel free to thrash it

>Exterminators and an Argo Regiment+Brigade is called to quell a system wide rebellion. System is full of high production Agriworlds and manufactorums so lump sum exterminantus is ill advised
>Deep into the campaign it's revealed that the revolt has been staged by the Chimera Legion https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion
>The Argive regiment is nearly decimated, as are the Hua Yuanese, so the Sanguine Shields https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields are brought to bare

>The Chimera Legion captures a battalion or two of Brigadiers as well as a sizable chunk of the Exterminators. Eventually the cult leader brings some of the Guardsmen around, while others join willingly in a plan to destroy the Legion from within (or at least cause as much damage as possible).
>Meanwhile within the Shields, the truth about their patronage becomes known amongst a few influential Marines, who in their anger jump ship taking marines with them and the campaign becomes a three way (with a hidden fourth side inside the Legion) fight between loyalists, Shield traitors(?), and the Legion (with undercover loyalists within).

>Campaign ends with a stalemate and the system is razed by the Imperium, the Chimera Legion forced to retreat. The Shield "traitors", realizing that they're fucked begrudgingly join the Legion as mercenaries after some time. These Marines find the loyalists and forcibly eject from the Chimeras, forming their own merc group, as they can never return to the Imperium.
>To the loyalists, those lost are declared dead and destroyed, never spoken of again
>>
>>53152514
Shite, but I like it
>>
>>53153895
>>
Shouldn't they crucify people on makeshift wooden aquillas instead of crosses? Those are outdated as fuck. Also, why do they spell pacification with ss? Nazi reference? What sort of chemical weapons do they use? Are they employing nerve gas? Acid spewers? Do they blanket the battlefield in poisonous mists of corrosive gasses?

I kinda like this regiment
>>
>>53155372
>Shouldn't they crucify people on makeshift wooden aquillas instead of crosses? Those are outdated as fuck.

Form follows function. Sometimes they don't even use full crosses but just single planks to save space.

>Also, why do they spell pacification with ss? Nazi reference?
Typo.

>What sort of chemical weapons do they use?
Phosphorous weapons, e.g. white phosphorous munitions. 40k Mustard gas. 40k Agent Orange, tear gas, etc.

>Are they employing nerve gas?
Oh yes.

>Acid spewers?
Yep.

>Do they blanket the battlefield in poisonous mists of corrosive gasses?
Yessir.
>>
>>53155372
>Shouldn't they crucify people on makeshift wooden aquillas instead of crosses? Those are outdated as fuck
Everything associated with the act of crucifixion was designed with the process of torture and execution before it was adopted as a religious icon.
>>
>>53149858
Glad to see you're still alive!

>>53152514
Interesting and quite different. Id say go for it!.

>>53152514
They also nail people to the walls when they are in a situation where its not efficient to take prisoners. Read story of Sgt. Bross

>>53149945
Unfortunatly cant find the serpenta pistols anywhere. Theres one in Canada but im not gonna pay 20e to get it.
>>
>>53157085
YES. Finally found two phosphor serpentas in Europe.
>>
Wanted to give a go at writefaggotry. Not nearly as great as some people here have done.

>Wind howled between the tents of encampment raising occasionally small sand clouds. There was tension building up in the camp. Word had come that told fall of nearby cities for none other than Argo Brigade. It is said that outskirts of the cities are now filled with screams and blood of their fellow comrades. Guards had been doubled and everyone was on the edge. Their camp was very well hidden up in the mountain region and had some good natural fortifications. Miles of tunnel network made it possible to hide more supplies and men. They were fairly confident that they could fend of the attackers if they came. Still soldiers were nervous and spoke in hushed voices.

>Suddenly everyone heard a whistle following with series of explosion all over the compound. Gas. They have arrived. Probably made their way up in the mountains in the cover of night with mortars. Officers started shouting orders. Screams filled the compound as gas spread quickly cathcing soldiers that wasn't quick enough to put on their gasmasks. More explosions. Low rumbling in the distance was getting louder and louder. Some bunkers blew up spewing rocks and bodies across courtyard. Nonetheless main fortifications held.

CONT
>>
>>53158364
>Rumbling grew even louder and then they saw it. Squadron of Valkyries appearing above the mountain ridge and with them followed death. Barrage of rockets littered the ground and main fortifications fell in, and so did the morale of the troops. Retreat wasnt in orderly fashion, more of sprawl to the safety of the caves to escape the rain of flesh tearing metal shrapnel and worse, gas.

>Few Valkyries swooped overhead clearly more heavily armed than the ones landing on the courtyard. In the midst of the gas and scorched earth little blue spots appeared and effectively secured the area. Resistance were none existing, most of the survivors had fled into caverns below. Wounded were left behind which Argo Brigade quickly captured and ziptied them up to wait for their impending doom.

CONT
>>
>>53158375
>Heavy weapons teams were already moving to the cavern. Troops had met some resistance furter down in the tunnels. Flamers and handheld chem cannons made a short work of the rooms filled with insurgents burning and melting everything inside. Mole launchers was used for more bunkered down enemies. Gruesome fighting lasted many hours but Argo Brigade didnt rush. They had trapped the rats where they wanted and all they need to do is to put them out of their misery.

>Smoke and gasfumes rose from the mouth of the cave. The fight was over. Brigade had taken few casualties but devastation was great amongst the enemies. More Valkyries rolled in to gather the prisoners to be flown to the nearest city. There they would join their fallen comrades in the rows of spears and crosses.

Mainly wrote this to show how Argonauts would perform with other units in company.
>>
>>53149858
>>53152210
Were you the guy doing the heroic story rewrite, or was that someone else and the rewrite has been left in "putting it through a round of edits soonish" hell never to be seen?
>>
>>53159702
I think it was someone else. Could be wrong tho.
>>
Small update on my project. Got four more guys primed and basecoated so expect more brigadiers and a squad captain this week.
>>
>>53160969
Also rifles arrived today! Will post pics tonight or tomorrow.
>>
File: IMG-20170510-WA0028.jpg (470KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170510-WA0028.jpg
470KB, 3264x1836px
Holy shit they are big. Sorry for potato quality photo.
>>
File: 2017-05-10 21.45.43.jpg (400KB, 1023x679px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-10 21.45.43.jpg
400KB, 1023x679px
Just look at that fucker.
>>
>>53166279
Not 40k enough, the rifle should be supported by another guardsman.
>>
>>53166620
The pod is still unattached so everything is possible.
>>
>>53166620
This, or the dude should be prone.

But that thing looks nasty
>>
>>53166717
Standard fireteam is a three-man team. One gunner, one assistant gunner, one loader. While bi- and monopods come standard on the guns, the use of the assistant gunner to stabilize the gun is preferred due to its unwieldy nature. Plus it's used as a rite of passage/hazing for newly assigned gunners.
>>
>>53166725
Got three more rifles to go and im planning to make one go prone and kneeled. Maybe shooting amongst some rubble?

>>53167033
Yea ill add atleast one dude in there so they could count-as something heavy weapons team.
>>
>>53167033
It's a bolt action magazine fed weapon.

It doesn't need a loader
>>
>>53167488
Ammo carrier then.
>>
>>53167635
So the operator?
>>
>>53168905
Not necessarily. Initial army doctrine for Browning Automatic Rifles was teams of two or three soldiers, one gunner and one or two assistants. WW1 saw the Chauchat deployed with a four-man squad. Both a magazine-fed, automatic rifle.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.