[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argo Brigade- Nail 'em Up edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 25

File: Argos_Pose for the Camera.jpg (472KB, 883x1298px) Image search: [Google]
Argos_Pose for the Camera.jpg
472KB, 883x1298px
The Argo Brigade, with more chemical weapons per capita then Iraq!

Homeworld: Argos a Death World
Colors: UN Blue and Blood/ Charcoal and white accents

Specialty: Coin Operations, anti armor, mass "passification"
Tactical info: Shock troops/light infantry with artillery support
Battlecry: "Nail 'em up!" also "Upside down! Sideways!"
Special Weapons: The Chem cannon and Nailer Pistol
Favorite Pastime: Crucifixion
Champions: Sergeant Bross
Loyalty: Fanatical
Modus Operandi: Rapid insertion into warzones with extreme target prioritization or enemy armor. Fallowed by mass executions and chemical bombardment to pacify local populations

...feel free to add/point out things I've missed!

Things that are still being discussed-

Who the leader is
special allys....
Size

Old threads
>>52865307 -The Founding
>>52921937 -Getting shit done!
>>
File: Argo_Scean.jpg (1MB, 2377x1642px) Image search: [Google]
Argo_Scean.jpg
1MB, 2377x1642px
Also we were wrapping up a discussion on vehicles

How sweet would a taurox mounted with a chem cannon be!
>>
>>52962986
>special allys

I feel like the Argo Brigade often ally themselves with local pro-imperial rebel cells on the planets they fight on.
>>
For posterity I'm linking the Bross short story posted in the last thread
>>52943130
>>52943350
>>52943568
>>52944151
>>52944331

>>52963006
I'm also pulling for the Adeptus Mechanus because of that sexy phosphor but that might just be me...If we can agree to make a chem cannon be either a heavy weapon option for squads it would be unnecessary.

Also not sure if that's lore friendly.
>>
*Looks at thread* Wow. Suddenly I feel like having a bath, scrubbing myself with bleach and painting a Tau army. "For the greater good... or any good... even a little good... please?"
>>
>>52963066
Sounds like someone needs to be crucified upside-down and sideways.
>>
>>52962986
I feel like doing some writefaggin', i'm not so good at writing, but I would like to contribute in some way to this.

Fio'La Ta'Voosa was one of many Earth Caste workers who had been tasked with clearing the bodies of Human and Tau from the city walls. With the aide of worker drones, the bodies were transported to an Orca Transport that had landed on the grass by the road leading to the city. Barbaric, said Ta'Voosa to himself, and he knew that the rest of his kin thought the same.
A few of the Earth Caste workers had been given lethal injectors that would end the suffering of those unfortunate to still be alive. As Ta'Voosa looked around he saw that there would be at least over a hundred bodies, and they had only been able to take down 20 of them; and who knows when the Gue'La would be back, he thought to himself. But he was thankfull that the Shas'O had spared a Sniper Drone team and a Crisis suit in order to keep them safe, for now...

I know this is shitty, but I just wanted to do something for the thread
>>
>>52963042
Adeptus Mechanicus works well to me.

Quick summary on vehicles

- All manner of armored transport (Taurox, Chimera...)
- Valkyries for fast drop troop transport and CAS
- Leman Russes for bigger operations
- Bane Wolves
- Basilisks, Wyverns( quadmortar) and Deathstrikes (precision missilestrikes) for artillery
- No Baneblades or variants of Baneblade
>>
>>52963095
I like this bit of flavor!
100 tau nailed upside down to city walls! (or were they properly crucified?) damn that's a sight to imagine.
>>
>>52963095
Thats not bad. Interesting to see what it looks like on the other side when facing the Argo Brigade.
>>
>>52963107
Where exactly did we land on manticores? They go well with wyverns and deathsrikes. Especially for enemy tanks.

As far as the Leman Russ goes I woudn't run a traditional tank with my team but I dont think we should be restricted from them, in my head canon (traditional) tank crews and Mech suit pilots are favored enemies

>>52963117
Messy...and with the smell of hell itself.

Reminds me of a story about ghengis khan where he had an entire chinese city executed and their bodies piled. When discovered the travelrs thought it was a mountain in the distance but it was just the bodies...so much oil from the decay turned the ground into swampland for decades....
>>
File: 40k sector template.png (26KB, 1311x1127px) Image search: [Google]
40k sector template.png
26KB, 1311x1127px
Do you guys think it would be fun if we made out own sector map?

Also, can I call myself mapAnon?
>>
>>52963191
Drawing fantasy maps as a kid and now designing Pathfinder/Gurps maps is something I love, if it would give you jollys then by all means commence!
>>
File: 40k sector template v2.png (43KB, 1311x1090px) Image search: [Google]
40k sector template v2.png
43KB, 1311x1090px
>>52963191
Hold on, I posted the wrong map template, here is an updated one
>>
File: Sector 40k [argus Brigade].png (43KB, 1311x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Sector 40k [argus Brigade].png
43KB, 1311x1090px
>>52963216
I added a sub-sector, feel free to add to this in order to expand on the sector, but don't add too much and things that doesn't fit. And I used the Copperplate Gothic Bold/light as the font when I wrote the texts. But here is a quick rundown of the planets:

>Akna Primarus
The subsector capital, it is home to many mining guilds that have their base of operations in the Obsidian belt and on Garotta. Although not a Hive World Akna Primarus is still densely populated

>Kall
A world that is currently in it's ice age stage, very few people live there, but those who do specializes in hunting and selling many of the large xeno beasts that roam the tundra and glaciers

>Vattna
Vattna is the planet that provides the food to the sub-sector, that food comes in the form of algee plantation and sea creatures. The most common sea creature that is exported is the Vattna Clam, it's good enough to be eaten raw and it breeds at a very fast rate, making it the ideal food to the citizens of the Storus sub-sector

>The Obsidian Belt
The Obsidian belt is a large asteroid field that is in orbit around a small dwarf star, many mining guilds have claims on large areas of the field, and battles of who claims what is commonplace

>Garotta
Garotta is the jewel in the Storus sub-sector due to it's rich ore veins and large underground pockets of liquid promethium. Huge mining riggs as big as cities are dotted around the grey surface of Garotta in order to mine the wealth and resources.

Tell me what you think, we also need a name for the sector itself
>>
>>52963328
Wait, are you wanting to detail what surrounds Argos or just make a general sector map for other purposes? if the later I suggest you start a new thread
>>
>>52963344
I just wanted to start somewhere on the map, and I didn't want to start with Argos just yet (you guys can also add things to the map.)
>>
>>52963165
Oh yeah Manticores definetly. Supported by mortar and missile launcher crews.

I think we can drop Leman Russes all together from Argo Brigade. If someone wants to get them they can add them as attachment from other IG regiment who are doing a joint operation with Argoans.
>>
What are your thoughts about fortifications? Do you guys think the Argo Brigade use any?
>>
>>52962986

Ok, Argo Brigade comes from the planet Argos, but what is their demonym? I have nothing better to do so I made a list which has demonyms hyphenated in case I didn't use them right and someone wants to correct it:
>Arg
>Argo-l
>Argo-n
>Argo-an
>Arg-an
>Argo-ian
>Arg-ian
>Argo-nian
>Argo-anain
>Arg-anain
>Argo-in
>Arg-in
>Argo-ine
>Arg-ine
>Argo-ano
>Arg-ano
>Argo-eno
>Arg-eno
>Argo-ino
>Arg-ino
>Argo-ite
>Arg-ite
>Argo-r
>Argo-er
>Arg-er
>Argo-ish
>Arg-ish
>Argo-ene
>Arg-ene
>Argo-eek
>Arg-eek
>Argo-ensian
>Arg-ensian
>Argo-ard
>Arg-ard
>Argo-ese
>Arg-ese
>Argo-lese
>Argo-vese
>Argo-nese
>Argo-i
>Arg-i
>Argo-ie
>Arg-ie
>Argo-ic
>Arg-ic
>Argo-iot
>Arg-iot
>Argo-iote
>Arg-iote
>Argo-asque
>Arg-asque
>Argo-gian
>Argo-wegian
>Arg-wegian
>Argo-vian
>Arg-vian
>Argo-san
>Arg-san
>Arg-ois
>Arg-oise
>Argo-ais
>Arg-ais
>Argo-aise
>Arg-aise

Bonus points if they get slang terms and maybe slurs.
>>
>>52963751
Its Argonian as was used in the last thread to describe the Argonian Wars, and the unit at least are nicknamed Blue Helms. I saw at least one person use different versions...if youre one of those people SPEAK UP.

I personally like Argoan also... I do like Argo-ish as an insult to those not able to survive the Death World.
>>
>>52963751
>>52963868

I found it
>>52936878
>Argives

As an Elder Scrolls fan I am predisposed to argonian...but both were used so now lets discuss.

I also like Argonauts, as in the famous soldiers and sailors that quested in greek mythology after the Golden Fleece...but I'm thinking maybe that should be the name of an elite unit...not sure yet
>>
>>52963868
>>52963887
Shit that was me but my thingy doodle was off
>>
>>52962986
Was the last thread achieved?
>>
>>52963887
I dont mind To call them argobians but I can see why it might sound bit off for some. Im up for it if someone wants to change it. Argoan maybe?
>>
>>52964146
Actually i have no idea. If someone knows how to do it go ahead. I personaly have no clue how to do it.
>>
Why is the Rood Inverse their symbol?
>>
Shas'La Yun’a Kias checked the outlay for his pulse rifle for the sixth time in the last hour. Satisfied that it read the same digits as the last five times, he slotted the weapon back into the hold above his seat and crossed his arms, wary of the sudden drops and jerks the re-entry craft was making. Nervously, he used his inbuilt os to open a copy of the mission briefing his unit had been handed before boarding the transport and heading for the planet below.

[Classified]
Received M999.XXX, XX/XX XX.XX.XX.XXX
Quelling the populace here has been difficult. Use of XXXXX has been XXXXXXX. Casualties among XXXXXXX heavy, requesting reinforcements. Enemies units have XXXXXXX us. Lost contact with command. Warning: watch out for-
Message end
>>
10 days ago their transport freighter had made an unscheduled detour, diverting the course it took by over 30 degrees and lowering its thrust. Neither Kias’ unit nor any other he had contact with had received any information on the reason for the detour, but nine days later 400 Tau of the Fire caste had been assembled in one of the transport hangers, told they were to aid in the pacification of the planet below (the name for which no Tau could correctly pronounce), forwarded their ‘briefing’, a document full of missing info and ambiguous in its meaning, and packed into the smaller re-entry craft like U’ina. Since then Kias had barely spoken a word to anytau, staring at the bulkhead above him and continuously rechecking his equipment. He had not bonded well with his squad, being fresh blood. The honours on the units file listed participation in over 30 active warzones, a feat he doubted he would ever match. Gruff, solemn and hard they had treated Kias more as a domestic drone then a fully fledged Fire Warrior in his own right. Kias dreamed of a day when they would see him as an equal, and drifted to unconsciousness with these thoughts on his mind.

Kias was broken out of his reverie when the re-entry craft suddenly dropped what felt like 90 metres, combined with a loud, high pitched squeal he recognized as the incoming fire alarm. Immediately adopting the brace position drilled into him in training, he gritted his teeth as the craft executed an upward climb, sending unstowed gear flying through the craft. With a solid thunk a drone tore free from its rack and went through the head of the sergeant next to Kias, firmly planting itself in the wall behind the nco’s head. A few seconds later Kias blacked out as a hole the size of a large bovine opened in the ship and the engines lost power.
>>
The rookie soldier awakened to his corporal shaking him on his shoulder, calling him to action. Kias could not hear, but from gestures to the surrounding area and his tactical display the other soldier managed to convey that they had landed in the jungle surrounding the Shas’tia, or Military Centre of Command. Upon further examination of the terrain around him, Kias saw that the section of the craft they had been in had torn free, and kindly deposited the corporal, ten privates and himself in a small clearing. Of those ten privates four were dead, though the other six stood in a rough semicircle around the part of the ship they’d landed in. Moving groggily, Kias followed the nco into the jungle, heading for the destination their ship had been travelling before it was wrenched from the sky.

Four hours later the team came upon their first bodies. Nailed to the trees in imitation of crosses, over 50 tau corpses of varying stages of decay, along with a number of what he presumed to be Gue’vesa. Kias managed to stare for three seconds before removing his helmet and vomiting into a nearby bush. A number of privates looked in his direction, but most were to engrossed in the sight of so many crucifictions. One f the other privates trotted over to the corporal and bent his head toward him. ‘Ka-os?’, he muttered over the internal comms. The nco pointed at a sign hung around a tau’s neck and shook his head. Shrugging the private stepped back, while Kias pulled himself back together. The nco turned back, ordering them to form a line and advance. As Kias passed the sign the senior member had pointed at he noticed it was hung round the neck of a member of his unit, and was painted using tau blood.

By the word of His Holiness the God-Emperor, Xenos are an abomination and do not deserve to live.
>>
>>52964183
>>52964189
>>52964197

Fighting back the urge to be sick again, Kias followed the rest of the squad into the jungle.

It took their unit another 8 hours of trekking to reach the Shas’tia, and by then they had passed almost 500 crucified tau and an uncountable number of their auxiliary races. Kias hadn’t been sick, but his gut pulled weirdly when he thought on it. As they crested the final ridge, they saw what awaited them. The Shas’tia had been designed as an example of the modern Tau might: a gleaming 700ft tall pyramid surrounded with some of the fiercest security measures it’s designers could implement. The light yellow colour of it has been flawless, but even from a kilometre away Kias could barely tell it’s true colour. As far as they could see, every available space had been taken up by a crucified Tau, giving the pyramid a rotten blue colour that made Kias lightheaded. Two privates behind him fainted, while another just dropped his rifle and sobbed. The corporal turned to look at Kias, raising his weapon as he did. Kias stood stock still as he watched the nco’s head disappear into a blue-green puff of blood. He didn’t move as lasfire rained down on them, cutting the other privates to pieces. He didn’t move when the blue men walked to him and dragged him to a cage and he didn’t move when they truck the cage was in drove to the Shas’tia. He remained unmoving while they held his hands and feet against the plasteel of the building and nailed them in place. When the next batch of tau prisoners were dragged past his corpse two hours later he was in the same position he was placed in, and he remained like that till his flesh rotted away and his bones fell to the ground.

I know It's bad but it's the best i can realistically do.
>>
>>52963887
>>52963868
>>52963751
Natives from Argo are Argives and prefer Argoan food
>>
>>52964235
>>52964163
>>52963887
Argonian architecture?
>>
File: 1445542149438.jpg (85KB, 322x306px) Image search: [Google]
1445542149438.jpg
85KB, 322x306px
>>52963066
>>
>>52964183
>>52964189
>>52964197
>>52964208
Oh man that was very well written and executed! Bravo! Catches the feel that Tau would feel in a situation. Definetly this should be added in wikipage.
>>
File: yfbfffwrvfesb8tchewq.jpg (91KB, 800x414px) Image search: [Google]
yfbfffwrvfesb8tchewq.jpg
91KB, 800x414px
>>52964208
this is all I can think of right now
>>
>>52964262
No.
>>
I took liberty to add tale of Sergeant Bross into wiki. Also good job on the one who added the text on standard kit! Should we add flamers in there aswell? Or should the flamers be "modified" to spew chemicals?
>>
File: latest.jpg (357KB, 3543x1343px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
357KB, 3543x1343px
So I just finished reading this
>>52964183
>>52964189
>>52964197
>>52964208
and its great stuff by the way, but the nailed corpses in the forest made remember the corpse tree and corpse wall from the movie "300", and the effigies from the video game "The Forest". In the game the player can make effigies out of dead enemies to keep them away from his territory, and the enemies themselves make effigies as well. This is a page of all the effigies in the game http://theforest.gamepedia.com/Effigy. I bring this up because I think the Argo brigade's habit of corpse arts & crafts means they might do the classic corpses as sand bags thing. And I got an idea for a suitable effigy in the style of The Forest or the corpse tree from 300: A corpse aquila. The smallest it could be make is with two people, with the person on its left half having their eyes gouged out.
>>
>>52964810
Hey! I was the one that added the kit, by all meas we can add meltas and flamers as well as talk about armor and whatever. I was just adding the unique special items I thought of.

>>52964235
I can get behind this. Can we get a motion to approve? lol
>>
Ha, I never meant to make SGT Bross a big deal, but now it seems I have an obligation to make him someone of note. I think I'll write something out on Master Sergeant Bross later.

I also wrote the little history blurb on the 1d4chan page, so here's my two cents:

In general I like to keep my homebrew stuff fairly Anti-Sueish, and my favorite mechanism for that is shitty run down equipment (Sanguine Shields, well barring the Speshuul Chapter Master, Hua Yuan etc...) especially since I'm in the army and most of the standard issue shit is fairly run down. When I first got my M4 from my unit the 68 sight was broken and my bolt was cracked. However due to the small size, grizzly nature, and storied history of the Brigade I think we can get away with giving them with some del primo equipment

We can easily get away with this, not only due to their size and truly detestable nature, but because there was also a Forgeworld in the Illius X system that didn't raise a hand to stop the confederates, so the Brigade holds that over the Forgeworld's head and forces them to keep the brigade stocked and pretty, lest the AdMech catch wind and the entirety of the Iliusian Regiments come down en force. The AdMech doesn't really hold this against the Brigade since they didn't slaughter them during the Argoan Purge (Not that the Brigade had the resources, tactics, or manpower able to take on a Forgeworld at that time, but a quater of the Brigade's power comes from a formidable reputation)

Also, Based Draw man, do you think you could integrate the gradient and the camo patterns found here >>>52933771 and here >>52934520 into the fatigues of the absolutely fabulous armor here >>52962986? If you don't that's cool, I just want to see what it would look like.
>>
>>52964183
>>52964189
>>52964189
>>52964197
>>52964208

This is a good story, the only thing I would change would be the tau in the forest should be nailed upside down to the trees, also it really makes the tau seem...idk made of less stern stuff then the other races, is that normal? I mean maybe the earth and water castes but the fire are supposed to be intense...but I actually dont know a lot of tau lore, so maybe im just biased but good shit either way.

>>52965076
I think there is a fine line between the empathyless extermination and mass execution in order to restore a semblance of peace or at the very least order, and something orks/reavers from firefly would do and to me the effigys seem like to have crossed that line. idk what do others think?

To be fair I imagine bodies hanging by rope from artillery barrels...so maybe im splitting hairs

>>52965290
Hey arbite anon friendo, So first SGT Bross is as good a champion as we have and you painted a nice word picture of him. Plus I like the idea of a hardened badass leader of men who is cancer ridden and (perpetually) on the verge of death. Its hard to get new air filters in the middle of an active warzone and Bross has thrown more gas gernades and seen more men reduced to puddles from chem cannons then your average company combined.

Also Ill try out the camo since you asked nicely, I was agaisnt it on the normal units and actually have been working on a stealth unit that uses a lot less blue, was gonna show him along with the commissar design...when I finish it lol
>>
File: uBFtrdl.png (407KB, 600x652px) Image search: [Google]
uBFtrdl.png
407KB, 600x652px
>>52962986
Sorry my Argo dudes for failing to catch and archive the last thread. I only have occasional access to a PC so updates from me are rare, I didn't expect this concept to take off.

Please feel free to edit the 1d4chan page as new stuff comes in; Argo belongs to the community now.
>>
>>52965662
I have one question...can we replace the picture of the banner with the picture of the new symbol
>>52936165 I dont know a lot about editing 1d4chan, i've only ever read it lol.
>>
>>52965662
Don't worry, the last thread has just been archived
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52921937/
>>
>>52965697
Definetly replace it. And I also think we can use the camo for intelligence/scout/sniper teams with less blue than your averaga arbite(?) trooper.
>>
>>52965697
>>52965705
By all means! I'm in favor of putting any and all content on the wiki and trimming it down to be thematically consistent once everyone agrees on it.

Here's how you add images to the wiki page:
-Go here and upload the image https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Special:Upload
-Go to the Argo page, hit Edit, and type [[File:filename.png]] wherever you want the image. There are some other modifiers you can use like thumbnail, caption, size, look in the page for examples.
-To add stuff to the gallery just type File:filename.png|caption in the gallery area.
>>
File: yvwrUpCvN9dmydtFXDzAKA-650-80.jpg (32KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
yvwrUpCvN9dmydtFXDzAKA-650-80.jpg
32KB, 650x365px
>>52962986
By Isha what have the mon'keigh started now?
'Nailer Pistols'? 'Chem cannon'? It's almost like you don't want to hide your savagery.
>>
>>52965893
Okay I've edited the wiki and fixed some typos in the Standard Kit section I posted earlier.
>>
>>52966051
Speaking of typos, if the original write fag of the history part is here, is the section saying "and perhaps lesser men would have excepted the victory. But the Argo Brigade are not lesser men." supposed to actually say "accepted" as in they were not satisfied or "not have expected" as in they thought they would lose but did it anyway?
>>
I would like to at this point make a firm distinction between the Vanguard units who smash enemy armor and deal are the main assault force against insurgents and the fallow up pacification force who do most of the mass executions and specialize in breaking the morale of the populous to restore order. The later reminds me of a mixture of roman soldiers and unit 731 from ww2.

In case you dont know unit 731 where the Japanese equivilent nazi scientists who developed chemical weapons and studied bio-warefare. They also performed human experiments like repeatedly freezing and thawing living human tissue without painkillers and lots of fucked up shit. Oh and the US gave every single one immunity if they gave us their research. Fun fact! almost all knowledge of hypothermia comes from their experiments.
>>
>>52966188
Not gonna lie I havent read that bit of write faggotry... lol I have all others I swear
>>
>>52966189
Unit 777 is a real life Egyptian counter terrorism and special operations unit. Since both of the mentioned units from real like start with 7 even though they are in no way related but both are still similer because of what they do...

I say all Argo units start with 7... And there can be a fluff reason for it
>>
>>52966189
They also tested the effects of their weapons and their equipment on prisoners, and they use forceful infection of diseases, torture, and vivisections in pursuit of knowledge of biology.
>>
You know given the fact this army is supposed to have a propensity for dealing with traitor units and somewhat the Tau, on the table top their special rules, army structure, and armory should be made with countering these forces in mind. I mean on top of the already agreed on lore stuff.
>>
>>52966429
Yea we need to work on maybe their insurgency/traitor tactics (melt them, crucify survivors)

But as far as anti armor goes The vehicle choices of wyvern and manticore as well as love of melta really fits in, plus flamers and mustard gas for dealing with infantry.

I think we are getting there
>>
>>52963107
>>52962986

If anything the Adeptus Mechanicus should have bad relations with the Argo Brigade.

In the eyes of the AdMech the Argo brigade dance across the line of tech heresy with the modifications of standard equipment to utilize chem cannons. Equally the brutal methods of the Brigade are seen as wasteful to the AdMech when it comes to pacifying worlds. The AdMech, with that rod always jammed up it's mechanical ass sees the mass crucifixions and judgements of punishment to all deemed complicit in rebellion to be wasteful of valuable local leaders and manpower required to keep pace with production. Even though some worlds may not suffer any significant drop in output once a conflict is resolved the lack of adherence to outlined doctrine and protocol rubs the admech the wrong way.

In the eyes of the Argo Brigade, the AdMech are uppity assholes. More importantly many of the more "exotic" tech-priests don't even believe in the emperor but rather some foul tech fetishistic idol known as the Machine-god (Omnissiah).

I thinking having a rivalry between the two faction gives a bit more fun to it and is in line with the Argo Brigade's fierce loyalty to the Emperor. These guys are PDF turned guard, so they probably were never extensively familiar with fully realized understandings of the AdMech.

I'd say good special ally's would be pro-imperial rebels like other's have said, but also the ecclesiarchy and possibly the Sisters of Battle.

Having the Eccelesiarchy as a "patron" would be useful for maintaining that strong faith to the emperor and could possibly bring other material benefits, like the cherubs.
>>
>>52966570
>>52966487
>>52962986

Idea for a special insurgency weapon tactic. This is going with the idea that the Eccelsiarchy is a special ally of the Argo Brigade.

Special Weapon: Argo's Angels

Modified cherubs (cherubs provided by the Ministorum) used by the Brigade for insurgency tactics. The Cherubs would be modified to carry canisters of toxic gas or chemical bombs.

Useful for insurgency tactics. Say a taskforce of Brigade is sent to clear out a local stronghold of the enemy. Lacking either the numbers, or heavy weapons to just break their way into the stronghold or town, the brigade deploys the cherubs. The Cherubs can easily infiltrate civilian areas and can even infiltrate secure locations with relative ease compared to a company of troopers. Once the Cherub is at the desired location it will begin to yell out the litany of sins and crimes the Argo Crusade has judged the enemy guilty of. Cue the dispersal of chemical bombs, or gas bombs. All of the sudden you have enemies dying left and right while the rest run for exits to escape the gas. Once the fleeing enemies hit the doors, windows of the building, boom, the Brigade lights them up with continuos fire and they now have an easier opening.

Also special weapon: Harpoon guns. A modified attachment to the grenade launcher allows to fire off a small harpoon. The rest of the mechanism can be mounted on the side of the primary weapon which will reel in the harpoon. The purpose of the Argo Harpoon attachment is to prevent the enemy from escaping the Emperor's judgement. Equal parts moral/fear tool and kind of badass.
>>
>>52965871
Here's my two cents on the matter of organization and then after that the matter of coloration

>>>>77th Argoan Peacekeeper Brigade (The Argo Brigade)

>>>177th Peacekeeper Battalion (221st/The Justicars)
>>Alpha Company (Aljernon's Ardent) Infantry
>Six Platoons (Infantry, Mortar teams, medics, etc)
>>Bravo Company (Bia's Bastions) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Charlie Company (Cairon's Chosen) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Delta Company (Deimos's Defenders) Cav Scouts
>Six Platoons (Tauroses, Bikes, Sentinels, etc)
>>Echo Company (Epiphron's Endurers) Military Intelligence+Military Police
>Three Platoons (Human Intelligence, PsyOps, Signals Intelligence)
>Three MP Platoons (Canine, Commissariat, AntiTerror task force)

>>>277th Peacekeeper Battalion (The Punishers)
>>Alpha Company (Armageddon) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Bravo Company (Braves) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Charlie Company (Crucifiers) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Delta Company (Deathdealers) Cav Scouts
>Six Platoons
>>Echo Company (Eviscerators) Military Intelligence+Military Police
>Three Platoons
>Three MP Platoons

>>>377th PK Bat (Wildcats)
>>(Animal themed company nicknames, you get the idea how Infantry bats go)

>>>477th PK Bat
>>(Standard amount of subordinate units)

>>>501st Fires Battalion (Artillery, Mortars, and other Indirect and Long Range support elements)
>>(Don't know a lot about Artillery so any help would be welcome)

>>>602nd Fires Battalion

>>>701st Engineers (Build stuff, break stuff, and also organize and execute mass crucifixions and other "public works projects")
>>(Don't know a lot about Engineer units, but I would say EOD and an MP unit falls under them)

>>>702nd Engies

>>>801st Armoured Regiment (Tenks)
>>(Don't know much about Tenks, but I think we should have a Behnblade, just saying)

>>>802nd ARMREG

CONT
>>
>>52966731
>>>901st Auxiliary Battalion (General support with medical, engineer, MP+EOD, intelligence, and Force Protection companies meant to supplement other battalions either to bolster forces when necessary or recoup losses)
>>
>>52966570
>>52966722
I wouldn't say that the Brigade as overly religious in their relationship with the Emperor in that they view him as a God (They do, but let me finish) in as much as they see him as the builder of the Imperium and a peerless leader of men. Disobeying the Emperor is to disgrace his works and his right as the rightful ruler of mankind.

What I'm getting at is that they are much more about Rule Of Law then they are about veneration of the emperor. It's the difference between a Deus Vult Crusader and Judge Dredd, while these guys are more "Twelve years on the Isocross, creep." then they are "AVE IMPERATOR"

As for their relationship with the admech, I'd say it would be by and large healthy. As far as the AdMech at large knows they saved a Forge World from a traitor system (as opposed to returning a traitor Forge World to the Imperial fold). Using a nailgun as a side arm and mounting a field piece on wheels could rub some more extreme puritanical Tech Priests the wrong way, most wouldn't blink twice. Using a nailer is no different than using a roofing hammer in battle to smash heretic skulls. And swapping armaments in tanks for more exotic stuff is a tried and true tradition in the Imperium.

Their home Forge World may be resentful of the Brigade, but it's not like they can really do anything to them that won't back fire in horrific and spectacular fashion.
>>
>>52966570
I really REALLY like this bit of lore. Don't for get the intense envy the Argo Brig's have for the AdMech white hot phosphor...

>>52966722
I've always though cherubs were kind of weird (only seen a few minis, dont know a lot about them) But I really like what you have going on here...maybe the Harpoon gun is a rifle sized version of a nailer pistol with the spool and realing mechanism built right in
>>
>>52966189
>>52966238
>>52966731
>The metropolitan desert world of Argo VII
There is the reason for the 7s, more tradition for the "brigade" that must crucify.
>>
>>52966872
Dude white phosphorous is a thing in real life. We don't use it because it's kind of a war crime to do so...When I said that the Brigade had Phosphex I thought it was just the 40k term for Phosphorous weapons. I was super wrong and such a simplification was like comparing a Sabertooth to fucking Garfield the Cat.

The Brigade would use them, not just for smoke grenades which is their common usage, but for a chemical weapon.

For your education https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus_munitions
>>
>>52966019
UPSIDE DOWN AND SIDEWAYS XENOS WITCH
>>
>>52966731
>>52966743
Also, what does everyone think of this Organization? It needs some filling in, but as a general outline?

>>52966570
>>52966872
Something else to keep in mind is that an adversarial relationship really limits the amount of neat shit we can have, while a good relationship allows us too have neat shit like Chem Cannons and super heavy tanks and other rare vehicles.
>>
File: Blown_from_cannon_India.jpg (82KB, 1000x686px) Image search: [Google]
Blown_from_cannon_India.jpg
82KB, 1000x686px
>>52963003
>>52965554
You know, hanging corpses from artillery is one thing, but hanging the living from artillery, or even tying them to the barrel or muzzle, and then using said artillery till they die is another thing entirely.
>>
Amended the history so we no longer have heretical archeotek.
>>
>>52967023
>Blown_from_cannon_India.jpg

Fucking savages, between that and widow burning, no wonder they resisted all attempts by us to civilise them.
>>
File: Skitarii_Weapons_2.png (3MB, 1132x1605px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii_Weapons_2.png
3MB, 1132x1605px
>>52966731
So my favorite thing about this is that you called mass crucifixions "public works projects"
Though I'd flip the order to "Break stuff, Build stuff" lol

Where did you get the names you used in the 177th? I think engineers would be a good fit for example to dig 7000 post holes for crucifixes...but I think that should enveloped in the secondary occupying force I mentioned
>>52966189

Though I think this is on the right track (btw good work!) I would like to make some changes

>>52966982
I'm aware of phosphor in real life, I love shooting incendiary ammunition. I was talking about pic related my man
>>
>>52966982
Did someone say Willy Pete?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yMXdJ1BT8
>>
>>52967023
So this is exactly what the Argoans should do to tank crews when captured alive...with their own tanks!
>>
>>52966982
>>52967105

Here is a good like for the education of all
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Phosphor_Weapons
>>
>>52967105
The names are from Greek/Roman myth, Just as the name Argo is vaguely Greek/Roman. I was thinking that the Company nicknames could be from famous fighters in the Argoan Purge.

As for the Phosphor weapons (I've been out of touch with 40k recently and didn't even know that existed) that tells me that the Brigade would try and foster a good relationship with the Admech even more so, in the hopes that they can get the REALLY good shit. (Spoilers, they don't)
>>
>>52966872
The Harpoon gun part is more for the mythos/image of the regiment. It's part of their whole motto "No one escapes the Emperor's Judgement"
>>
>>52967200
>>52967200
>Not lexicanum
Disgusting
>>
>>52966722
>>52967213
I don't agree with the Harpoon bit, one because it reeks of tech heresy more so than a simple nailgun, and secondly because it's not effective from a Psychological Warfare perspective

When you're waging a war on the psychological front you WANT survivors to whip up crazy fucking stories about what your capabilities are. Sure, its good to kill everyone, but when you're trying to suppress a population you need to foster an insane reputation so that the enemy is more keen to run when facing you than it is to stand up and fight.

True this fosters a hit-and-run and IED culture in the enemy, but you just overcome those challenges through better training and EOD units
>>
>>52967229
I mean, compare the phosphor entries on both sites and you will find the lexicanum page lacking and under sells the weapons compared to the wiki
>>
File: AdMech_whackyness_by_Protocol_9.jpg (92KB, 900x692px) Image search: [Google]
AdMech_whackyness_by_Protocol_9.jpg
92KB, 900x692px
>>52967015
>>52966870
>>52966570
A couple things. First off since they were the only loyalist hold out force in their system it would make sense that members of the Eccelesiarchy (and SoB) would rally to them as well as loyalist civilians and any militias they may have. Secondly, the Ad Mec generally don't give a fuck about politics so long as they can do what they want. That said having a force approach them as say "Hey, we don't care about collateral damage, can you give us stuff that can kill everyone? We promise to keep the Eccelesiarchy and Inquisition off your back." would be like fucking Christmas to them, especially if they were allowed to keep secret caves full of xenotech.

On a side note it was said earlier that the Brigade might "encourage" civilians to join in the killing so they can recruit the best fighters. This makes a lot of sense to me given their strong sense of tradition and history as an insurgency, but if this is a recruitment practice of theirs why stop there? Why not extend this kind of recruitment to exemplary PDF and Arbites?
>>
File: Radium_is_the_shit.png (3MB, 1133x1603px) Image search: [Google]
Radium_is_the_shit.png
3MB, 1133x1603px
Here is some more AdMech envy.

I dont know, the lore could go either way both sides have presented some good points...maybe its a serious love/hate/forced to work together sort of thing? Just tossing around ideas, anyway THIS is the good shit.

Maybe commanders and commisars can take the Phosphor Serpenta as a side arm, acquired through special connections...or war booty
>>
>>52967015
The Chem cannon is just a standard but rare upgrade for the hellhound, the bane wolf IS the only unit in the game that uses it but I wonder if that's just because games workshop over looked it
>>
>>52967363
I agree with all these points, maybe their home Forge World isn't so apprehensive towards the Brigade after all since the Brigade covered for them when the =][= came a knockin'. Which would probably be the only time they've let heresy slide

As for their recruitment I agree with this 100%. Injects new blood into the regiment even during a conflict and can help foster a more diverse selection of tactics. As for this >>52967427 >>52967200 I would say having a Phosphor pistol be available as an HQ upgrade is a swell idea. In lore we just say both the Brigade and their Home system Forge World have a Frenemy relationship, with the Brigade having the upper hand in the relationship but has to be careful in how much they extort them or risk catching the eye of the AdMech, the Inquisition, and the Munitiotorium.
>>
>>52967363
The Blue Helms are COUNTER-insurgency, despite the executions and suggestion of suicide bombing cupids they arent terrorists lol

So we are at a crossroads, some suggest Admech as allies and others as enemies, some say go with the Eccelesiarchy and in thread 1 I think there was a recomendation to have inquisitors as allies...hmmm choices, choices
>>
>>52967497
Ah, well that's even simpler.

This unit gets better all the time. Also seriously guys I need some critique on this set up before I launch into my uniform spiel, and after that my next bit of write faggotry which will be kind of long but I think you guys will really enjoy this one
>>
>>52967363
>>52967556
I should say recruiting in this way is not just for tradition but also for practical reason such as the fact they are on a world and will take losses there, that you can't train real world experience, and that people who have had their lives shattered by rebellion will know a hate that just can't be replicated in peace time.
>>
>>52967556
Yes, I like all this. The wiki needs an entry "The One Time Heresy was aloud to slide" and then describe the benefits received to flesh melting capabilities.

>>52967618
Also this is good!

>>52967584
You want critique on the unit layout you mean?
>>
>>52967562
The =][= would definitely keep a wary eye on them , I mean, one brigade out of an entire PDF subduing an entire system? And a forgeworld no less? In no more than a decade or so? Something is BOUND to be up.

That being said the Ecclesiarchy would be up and down these guy's collective metaphorical dicks. Which I think we should have the Brigade be pretty nonplussed about, considering that they are more about Upholding the law then they are praying to the Emperor all day. Although they do like that affords them some connection to the SoB.

If anything? I think other Guard regiments should hate them. Small, nice equipment, and borderline omnicidal in some of the worst ways possible? Big regiments with stuff half as nice as theirs, or Astartes Chapters with a shred of love for the common man will out right refuse to work with them as possible. Which the brigade doesn't mind at all because anyone that isn't as misanthropic as they are finds them impossible to work with. Like, Marines Malevolent and the DKoK are the only ones who don't get angry just seeing their names on paper.

Our Anti-Peacekeepers are basically ISIS but on the "good" side. And Anti-Terrorist.
>>
>>52967666
Yeah, this
>>52966731
>>52966743
Then I'll go into my two cents on uniforms, then I have some writing to do.
>>
>>52967303
The harpoon gun is hardly tech heresy. It's basically taping a grapnel to a primary weapon, which is actually a standard thing to do (according to Dark Heresy, Only War, BC, and DH2E) and using the the auxilary grenade launcher to give the grapnel more ooomf. So hardly counts as tech-heresy.

More importantly while I love all things AdMech, currently building an Ad Mech army irl, even if the AdMech were besties with Argo Brigade, they still aren't the sharing type.

When the AdMech likes your regiment they may be generous with bionics or good quality las weapons, but they don't hand out AdMech weapons.

AdMech weapons like phosphor, radium, arc rifles, galvanic rifles and transuranic arquebusques are reserved for the Skitarii because they are considered treasures. No IG regiment gets Skitarii/AdMech weapons. There is a huge gap between having good relations with the AdMech and the AdMech providing AdMech weaponry.

Also back on the Harpoon gun not being effective from a psychological warfare perspective I'd disagree. The way you put it makes it sound like any and all survivors of engagements are harpooned and caught. That's a statistical improbability. However you can be sure that enemy forces will see some their fleeing allies harpooned and reeled in to be crucified alive. Thats terrifying. That will have an impact on enemy tactics and morale. All of the sudden, being within melee distance of the enemy draws even more risks and charges against enemy positions now have a guarantee that any fleeing men will be skewered.

A mobile enemy patrol that is setting up camp for the night will be fatigued from the constant worry that at any moment one of their number may be lanced and reeled into the dark only to be made into a grisly trophy for them to see come morning.
>>
>>52967856
Alright, I'm fine with no AdMech weapons, especially if it would make the unit too Sueish. We could still have white phosphorous weapons, right? Or has that technology been lost to time?

As for the Harpoon, I think its rather silly and personally won't reference it too often in my own writings, if it's standard practice according to rule books then I'll accept it.

Actually I'm coming around to the idea more and more as I write this now, just as a soldier. The thought of being dragged out from my gunner hatch, tortured, and pinned feet first to something is..well its not a fun thought.

I really only take issue with the cherubs since it aligns them too close with the Ecclesiarchy. How do you feel about Servo Skulls instead? With little blue helmets?
>>
>>52967856
But what about the caves of xenotech...what if there was a false flag operation against some "heretical" (but probably actual heretical cuz mech cult) caused the Argo Brigs to get a small cache of phosphor pistols that they gave to their highest-ups? I like it as an HQ spot because it goes with the flames and melt as and Chem cannons and mustard gas gernades

Also I like the harpoon gun, just like the nailer is basically a bolted the harpooner...snair rifle? Is a non exploding bolter that adds to pinning
>>
>>52967990
>just like the nailer is basically a bolted the harpooner...snair rifle? Is a non exploding bolter that adds to pinning

Anon...Is english your first language?
>>
>>52967990
Also the false flag was to get back for the one time they let heracy slide....oh! They only let it slide in the books! And then did what the emprah would of wanted
>>
>>52968001
Sorry, a combination of auto correct and haste!
>>
>>52967856
Assuming they survive the harpoon they they would still be a danger to the brigadiers they are getting pulled toward, and they will be bleeding a ton so the brigadiers would have to work fast if they wanted to crucify them. That said the harpoon gun could work without the reel too. Just pin a guy to a wall and then anyone you can't take as a prisoner can be stacked on the already anchored harpoon assuming it is in an area where people will see it (public place, enemy safe house if they come back or someone is late, etc).
>>
>>52965290
Also on the whole idea of holding the Brigades role in retaking the Illius System and holding that over the forgeworld's head, that doesn't work. The AdMech, while closely intertwined with the IoM still retains tremendous amounts of autonomy over their holdings. A bunch of fleshbags who liberated the system capital still don't rank highly to the ranking magos of that forgeworld. Yes the forgeworld will thank them for ensuring continued productivity but thats it. There is nothing to hold over the Forgeworld's leader's heads because they won't see it the same way the Argo Brigade would.

To the Forgeworld, the whole ordeal that th eArgo Brigade went through would go in as a footnote in that Forgeworld's history. To the Forgeworld, unless it was taken by the enemy and then later liberated, which is extremely unlikely due to have fucking fortified those worlds are, they probably didn't care about what was happening. They knew that once they ran out of stocks of resources they would simply contact other systems and the IoM to send in some guns to take back Argo.

The AdMech doesn't value the actions of the Brigade like most normal citizens would. Especially not enough to allow them to hold it over the forgeworld's head, because after all, the forgeworld was likely never in any danger, considering that all Forgeworlds maintain their own Skitarii legions, and titan armies.
>>
>>52967978
>With little blue helmets?
just paint them
>>
>>52968058
You misunderstood what was written (or it was written vaguely) the Forge World was fixing to jump ship with the rest of the System.

They're Traitors my dude
>>
>>52968091
Nah, put the UN helmet model shown last thread on the servo skull drone bomb and in the fluff each helmet could be from a fallen brother who died to the heretical rebellious scum. Rebbeling against the Emprahs peace is heresy of the highest ordo

>>52967990
Also I like the idea that the Imperium would stage false flag attacks as an excuse to send in the Argo Brigade
>>
>>52968050
So a rail gun...but like a literal rail that pins people...bonus points if it's shot using electromagnetism...yo dawg I herd you like rails so I put a rail in your rail gun
>>
>>52966870
While I agree with some of your ideas on the regiments loyalty to the emperor, I think it might be a little more religious than you think. Again I agree, that when they started their campaign to retake Argos, it was more of the Rule of Law.

However the brigade spent it's time fighting a desperate war. The numbers and odds were against them. They went to ground and fought as an insurgency. They were "Freedom Fighters" (the IoM kind of Freedom) but thy were essentially operating as terrorists. I think that during their brutal war they probably did take on a more religious view.

However the way I see their current disposition is like this. They are steadfastly loyal to the emperor. However they are not religious fanatics. But they maintain very defined views on the worship of the emperor.

As a byproduct of their original campaign they have come to explain and justify to themselves how they operate. Where as many other regiments would say that they are bloodthirsty maniacs, or Night Lord imitators using fear and terror to cow civilians into compliance to crush rebellions, the Argo Brigade puts it like this: "under the Emperor's watch mankind is in the best position. Hidden from his gaze and mankind will surely suffer and degenerate". To them it translates to any and all who have taken arms agains the emperor can only be given death. Where as the Night Lords used fear, the Argo Brigade doesn't think that much into it. Rather the Argo Brigade sees any rebellion as cancer. The only treatment being to excise it as best as possible. Some civilians may get hurt in the crossfire but that is acceptable.

They don't relish in the killing, but they do enjoy the knowledge that others will be free from corrupting presences.
>>
>>52968058
The only thing the Forgeworld has to thank the Brigade for is not calling in bigger guns or alerting the AdMech to deal with the rouge forgeworld.

The traitor Sytem Governor convinced the Magos to join him in leaving the greater Imperium and allow him to wallow in tech heresy.

The Magos knew that the Brigade couldn't really take the Forgeworld but then again there was plenty of evidence of the Loyalist insurgency so they couldn't really explain away their sudden disappearance if the Brigade did try and take the world.

So the Forgeworld simply stepped out of the confederacy and the Brigade hasn't turned them in to the AdMech for being closet traitors
>>
>>52967076
POL gtfo
>>
>>52967363
Not to be a negative nelly, but the AdMech won't give a guard regiment any special goodies. The AdMech is far too controlling of their stuff, and lets be real, the Argo Brigade is a small fish. Yes they have an impressive record but they can't "get the inquisition and eccelesiarchy" off anyone's back.
>>
>>52968307
>Not to be a negative nelly,
You literally are though.

That's what you're being. With every post
>>
>>52967562
They are counter-Insurgency, but lets not forget that they got their start as essentially a terrorist group. You don't forget about the things that worked. The cherubs aren't meant to target civilians. The Cherubs are meant to get access and open secured locations. It'd be pretty standard protocol to the Argo Brigade considering they do all of that stuff already.

There have been numerous points made already that the Brigade dgaf about collateral damage. Why would using cherubs be any different. If anything it still fits their MO and is effective for infilitration. Cherubs are the hallmark of nobility, and ranking ministorum officials throughout the IoM. People wouldn't bat an eye at a cherub floating towards the town hall currently held by rebels. To most people they'd assume that it's either a messenger from a local noble or Priest. Plus they are small, fly and creepy af.
>>
>>52968230
>>52966870
What if its kind of like the British or Japanese royalty and their intersections of religion and patriotism. With the British being the right glove to the Japanese's left, by being more about love of order with reverence of divine right in the background (god save the queen), and this allows them to commit atrocities. Deus vult lite if you will.
>>
>>52968380
I don't like the cherubs, would rather they be the servo skulls mentioned here >>52967978
>>
>>52968389
Also something like Hitler's cult of personality.
>>
>>52968380
>Cherubs are the hallmark of nobility,
Then they wouldn't use them, that simple.
>>
>>52968120
That still doesn't make any fluff sense. Forgeworlds don't go dark communications wise so they either pretended to be loyal with the hopes that once independence was stable and assured they'd go "Aha we were leaving the IoM the whole time" or they were out and out secessionists. Either way both scenarios are far out of the league of the Brigade to handle.

If the Tech Preisthood of the Forgeworld were to succeed you can be sure that there would have been civil war on that planet and AdMech Fleets coming in and raining hell down.

If the Forgeworld was being sneakky sneakky about it's allegiance, they still wouldn't give a fuck about what the Argo Brigade knew. Hell even if the Argo Brigade had proof that the Forgeworld was gonna join the other successionists and presented it to the Lords of Terra or the AdMech, the most likely scenario would be that the AdMech cleans house leadership wise of that forgeworld and then kills the Argo Brigade.

The power dynamics are just way too big for an IG regiment to ever even approach when it comes to the forgeworlds and the AdMech. A regiment of men and women is easily replaceable. A forgeworld is not.
>>
>>52968389
>>52968420
I mean, where I'm coming from as a writefag is that I just can't get into a religious mindset. Writing goal oriented, facist, sadistic Dredd Soldiers is easy for me being a soldier that knows how soldier talk, act, and think.

Entering a zealous religious mindset would hurt my writing simply because I wouldn't be able to keep the Lawboner mindset and Joe (soldier) mind set and add in the religious stuff while keeping the quality. And I'd like to think my writings thus far have been breddy gud, no?

As for the "they are religious because they were terrorists once" argument, I whole heartedly refute that. Dutch, French, Spanish freedom fighters during (and before for the Spaniards) WWII? The American Revolution? The Chinese Communist Revolution? The Boxer Rebellion? The American Civil war? Colombian FARC? The IRA?

Just because the modern media is awash with Radical Islamic Terrorism, don't think for a second that Religion is the only thing that makes people put on a balaclava and make a car bomb.
>>
>>52968479
Then there was a civil war on the Forgeworld during the Argoan Purge and once the Brigade got to that tail end of the system then they hopped in and helped the Loyalist side.

Boom, instant two way good relations with the AdMech.

You fuckin happy now?
>>
>>52967978
I'm fine with servo skulls.

Honestly I just went with the cherubs because I didn't want to go the sueish route of "the Ministorum is on their dick and gives them blessed shit". I like my regiments like yours, low power, not really special (in the mary sue way) but makes a name for itself via moxy, tactics and fighting thru shit.

I figured Cherubs would work because it's more of a direct token of appreciation. I don't like the idea of the regiment having a very active relation with the ministorum, but rather the ministorum is just happy to help out the regiment and try to use them as poster boys for "good worshipping imperials". The Argo don't make efforts to maintain the connection with the Eccelesiarchy, rather the its the opposite because of the Argo's rather impressive history.

And about the harpoon, I thought it up more as like a one off type thing. It's not a common piece of equipment used by the Brigade. Maybe one trooper in every platoon would have one at most. It's not something that is handed out, but rather some of the more eager soldiers add it themselves to up the image of the brigade to the enemy.
>>
>>52968307
I don't mean Skitarii weapons I mean stuff like mounting chem weapons on other vehicles or turning them into heavy weapon team guns. Also to flesh out the "keeping them off their back" thing its more about play politics and propaganda. The Eccelesiarchy would be ecstatic with their success and want to frame them as devout servant of the emperor who won because of their righteousness. The Brigade would play along with the Eccelesiarchy's enamorment so they can cut through some red tape but also so they can leverage their good relationship so that the Eccelesiarchy deals with the Inquisition.

So the Eccelesiarchy thinks the Brigade is so cool and wants to be their friend. The Brigade says yeah sure nerd, but you are paying for lunch and you gotta tell keep your parents the Inquisition from looking too close at your sister the Ad Mech. Meanwhile the Brigade is threatening the wild child Ad Mech that he will stop having the Eccelesiarchy cover for her heresy habit unless she plays with his when he wants it weapons. She kinda likes it but hates him for blackmailing her, and he know there are certain things he just can't get her to do no matter what.
>>
>>52968479
Hmm, fair point.

I mean, if the system went rogue then I doubt the Forgeworld would just sit idle, right? Or maybe they fell into chaos as well like this anon said? >>52968589

>>52968592
Agreed on all points.

So the platoon gets a few servo skulls and couple harpoon attachments.

MP units may Receive a few more to apprehend high ranking criminals.
>>
>>52968669
When worded like that it seems a bit sueish...

Also add more 80's chic and replace the Guinness with Space Cocain and that's the most Hua Yuanese picture to grace the Internet
>>
>>52968416
>>52967978

Yeah servo skulls are the obvious choice here. More accessible by and large. Again, the cherub idea was more of just thinking up ways to show some patronage by the Ministorum towards the Brigade. Not that the Brigade is asking for anything, but rather that the Ministorum is all too happy to try and help out the Brigade since the Ministorum sees the Argo Brigade as a great posterchild for worshipping the emperor.

Ministorum priests in that whole subsector probably include small tangents in their sermons about how the Argo Brigade is a living example of how the Emperor endows the faithful with the power to do righteousness.

" On the dunes of Argo, in the blood stained field, one Brigade would refuse to renounce Him. One Brigade would face a determined and dogged enemy whose only issue with the brigade was their faith. But they did not waver! They did not bend the knee. They did not turn their back on Him. They fought, they killed, they died, they prayed, and they never gave up on Him. And He saw it all and he rewarded them. He gave them the courage of angels, the fiery will of Salamanders, the strength of Titans and they fought. They fought till every foul heretic and non-believer was hung in punishment their eyes averted from the glorious heavens that is His domain. The Argo Brigade showed what rewards He bestows upon the Faithful"

something like that.
>>
>>52968479
So the Argo Brigade is a large brigade of 7000 super elite-guardsmen.

It will have 7 Legions of 1000 soldiers

The Blue Helms are lead by a Lord Commissar
they also have 7 regular commisars attatched to each legion for hyper loyalty. Though the 7 commisars are NOT able to lead any of the 7 legions and avoid each other if possible.

the 7 legions
Alpha-Rapid Strinke force, powerful anti armor
Delta- anti armor and vehicles
Iota-Passification Force, Ground Infantry, Specializing in chemicals,
Eta- Passification Force, Specializing in chemicals and in engineering
(Both responsible for mass executions)
Sigma-Artillery
Psi-Secret chemical R&D
Omega-....

Sorry, I'm working on the scout design, using lots of camo and doing different things with the chapter colors
>>
>>52968798
What do you think about this layout? Seriously, trying to hammer this out before I start my next bit o writefaggotry >>52966731
>>52966743
>>
Also when I design the Argodex, the codex of the Blue Helms, I will show a sideways cross with a cherub and Skitari Ranger nailed sideways on either side of the post with boards forming arrows pointing in either direction.

It will say turn to page 10 for faith build and turn to page 15 for AdMEch ally builds

Either way, floating servoskulls with the helms of dead allys...or suicide cupids, you get flying bombs and the tactics can be the same.
>>
>>52968589
Yeah thats cool and all, but that still won't mean what you hope it means. Fluff and lorewise, the admech simply won't love anything enough to give it goodies unless it is either AdMech or has extremely close relations with them like having Tech Priests and a long history helping with AdMech interests.

But if its the case that you've outlined, sure the AdMech will be happy with them and probably help them out, but that help won't last a long time nor will it be of great consequence. The logical and "realistic" benefits of this relationship would be AdMech transports (being able to hop on AdMech voidcraft if they need to get somewhere, although this is probably limited), probably some damn good armor, like top tier carapace, top tier lasguns, chem cannons replacements for most vehicles.

But thats kind of where it ends. Anything more than that stuff, would depend on what the world produces.

But even then this is a best case scenario. If a Forgeworld is in a civil war, the Argo Brigade may help, but it's not a force that is strong enough or large enough to swing a civil war on a forgeworld one way or another. So keep that in mind.
>>
>>52968907
Dude get off your irl as mech fetish. Literally the only admech tech talked about was having HQ take a phosphorus pistol sidearm and the decision is who do we bring as ally's on the table to make a unique kind of build

I support drawfriend if he wants to make a design for both. This will be the great secular/religious schism
>>
>>52968798
As for Uniforms here goes. I wish /fa/ggot got in here, I think he had some pretty good suggestions, considering where we are today.

>Flamer troops have the standard uniform, but with a face guard plate bolted to the chest plate of their flak vest, and the gas mask features a visor as opposed to the goggle eyes. The fatigues are naturally flame retarded via sewn in asbestos.

>Melta troops, as well as heavy flamer and the rare plasma troop always wear the Heavy uniform to prevent damage to the user through excess heat.

>Tankers and artillerymen have the standard uniform sans flak vest.

>Intelligence and Military Police sport visor gas masks similar to the Flamer Troops in infantry units, in reference to Arbites that laid the groundwork for their place in the Brigade. Their flak vests match their fatigues with red shoulder guards and a dark body. The helmet assembly is blue as is traditional.

>Cav Scout uniforms, as well as the Special Task Force embedded in MP units lack any blue in their informs, and the red symbolizing the fields of Gorepoppy on Argo is limited as well. Due to their opperations occuring mainly at night the uniform is the same dark camo present in most other fatigues. Cav scouts generally wear the standard helmet and flak vest of rank and file Peacekeepers (infantrymen) to keep a low weight when dismounted so they can return with haste to their vehicle should the need arise. Special Task Force soldiers wear the Heavy uniform due to their usual insertion via Valkerie gun ships and the quick and surgical nature of their missions.

>Engineers likewise have a standard uniform, save for extra equipment used in their projects such as construction tools and repair implements. EOD technicians wear the heavy uniform with a blast shield similar to flame troopers
>>
>>52968328
Sorry not trying to be, but theres been a lot of comments of people saying that the Argo Brigade will have an AdMech blank check cause it did some dope shit.

I'm just pointing out that, the AdMech is way too stingy and stuffy to be as generous as most people are making it out to be.

Stuff like

>That said having a force approach them as say "Hey, we don't care about collateral damage, can you give us stuff that can kill everyone? We promise to keep the Eccelesiarchy and Inquisition off your back." would be like fucking Christmas to them, especially if they were allowed to keep secret caves full of xenotech.

is outright stupid. We are talking about a guard regiment here. Two out of three of those organizations listed in that quote literally view IG regiments as disposable.

>>52968978
Don't have an
> as mech fetish

I'm have nothing against the army getting phosphorus weaponry. I honestly think it makes sense for most IoM factions to get phosphor weaponry. My qualms have been when I saw someone mention phosphex and people putting up images of radium shit and talking and the fluff perspective.

To make it clear it'd be cool if the AdMech is the special ally and used to kit out the regiment with cool stuff, but if that is the case I want to make sure that the fluff created matches it appropriately. I'm big on fluff, hell an outright fluff fag so if the regiment does get some admech goodies other than some phosphor weaponry I just want there to be good coresponding fluff to go along with it.

I wholeheartedly support phosphor weaponry for the regiment, never said I didn't

The main point I've been trying to make is that there needs to be good fluff to justify any more extravagant stuff and that there needs to be a limit on it before the regiment becomes way too mary sueish.

Now I'm gonna investigate if
> Ass Mech fetish
is a thing
>>
Awesome stuff guys lets keep it up!

>>52966731
Looking good. So all the armored transports are under Delta Companies right?

For the artillery part divide them by the type of weaponry they use:
- Mortar company (dudes with the mortar they carrie around)
- Artillery Company (Basilisks and Wyverns)
- Missile Company (Deathstrikes and Manticores)

Also air force is needed, a squadron of Valkyries.
- AAF, Argoan Airforce (few squadrons of Valkyries, others desinged for CAS and others for troop transport)

For tank companies I think we should leave them minimal and leave supertanks out of the brigade. Mostöy Hellhounds and Bane Wolves with few Leman Russes in the mix?. At least not favored by Argo Brigade. This is just my opinion. We can get tanks when doing a joint operation with other regiments?

Thoughts?
>>
>>52969122
Drawfriend only posted radium weapons cuz that pic goes with the pic that showed the phosphorus weapons he was teaching arbitreanon about. I think
>>
>>52969085
>Special Task Force soldiers wear the Heavy uniform due to their usual insertion via Valkerie gun ships
Warriors of Argo who leap into battle from a ship? I think we found out Argonaughts.
>>
>>52969160
Yea i think tanks should be left out
But I like what you put...can guard get drop pods? Fucking heavy Chem cannon melta/flamers mix drop podded right into enemy blobs
>>
>>52969196
I second this! Fuck yea...Seagrants name should be Jason!
>>
>>52969182
Ok then thats my bad, but I'm just trying to put in my two cents to make sure the regiment makes sense fluffwise. There were a lot of comments early on saying that the AdMech would give anything to them and I was just pointing out that it isn't as easy as that lorewise. Just want to make sure everything is coherent.

Honestly I can't think of anything cooler than having a phosphor weapon embedded in each unit. The thought of an enemy patrol marching through terrain at night when all of the sudden some guy in the middle is now glowing brighter than the sun (and greviously injured) followed by a series of shots and maybe even a harpoon tearing that unit apart.

>>52969085
Damn this sounds great. Thoughts on giving Engineers in Iota and Eta legions breaching drills to in order to make planting crucifixes easier?
>>
What if the Argo Brigaide used to be the Grand Army of Argos with 77,000 guardsmen but after the "insert some forge world war shit" now only have 7000 of the most battle hardened mother fuckers and that one forge world has a special place in their tickers for our guys, and because of that forged in blood bond that's why the guard overlooked the admech heresy

I'm just trying to show horn everyone's ideas together
>>
>>52968798
And i only notice this now...
>>52969160
Well i guess you could apply my thoughts on this aswell
>>
>>52969272
Iota could be the Air Force?
>>
>>52969160
So transports, Armoured or Otherwise, fall in at the platoon level, since this isn't really a light infantry based unit. Every platoon would have it's own dedicated transports.

As for air just separate the Cav unit into Cav Scout and Air Cv, three platoons each, since they both can fill recon roles, how's about that?
>>52969196
I feel like every Special Task Force platoon would have their own nickname, but the best one can be called The Argonauts, and their history reaches back all the way to the Argoan Purge.

>>52969122
>phosphex
Been retconned bucko, first mentioned by yours truly and undone by the very same hand

>>52969160
Tanks are 100% necessary. Nothing breaks the will of infantry than seeing a tank when you don't have dedicated tank weapons. Trust me I've been there (In training, but the feelings are all too real)

>>52969221
As I said, we need tanks. Maybe not as many as the fucking Cadian Guard, but we need them. And there's no better way to show that the Brigade is high quality than having a Baneblade. This is coming from a guy who had to fight tooth and nail to not get one in Hua Yuan.

>>52969236
Outright calling him Jason is too on the nose. Remember, we're trying to dodge direct cultural references and let an original culture rise from the fluff

>>52969263
>Engineers in Iota and Eta legions
What? Do you know how large a Brigade is dude? We don't HAVE legions, and I don't know where you got those designations from
>>52969269
Nah, I'd rather have the AdMech assist in the Brigade's efforts in the tail end of the Purge after their own civil war.
>>
>>52968798
I truly dislike this organization, but if the masses prefer it over my own then I guess live and live
>>
>>52969263
But also yes. Breaching Drills.

Also allows for the Engineering Battalion to breach insurgent trenches and underground bunkers, making them a hard bunch of motherfuckers when they aren't building FOBs, firebases or mass crucifixions
>>
>>52969371
Dude a legion in (Roman/greek) terms is 1000 men, also a bane blade absolutely goes against the established lore, and we do have light tanks, the bane wolf being like the main vehicle then wyvern/manticore and basilisks filling in the role of armor and anti armor, like that's basic thread one and two stuff agreed upon by people
>>
>>52969371
whoops I was going by the post you referenced here >>52969384.

I too found it curious that they were being called legions.

>>52969442

But on that topic I misspoke, although the Hades breaching drills would be great for breaching trenches.

I was referring to a weapon which I forgot the name of and am currently looking for. It's like something breacher, basically a big, powerful drill used like a drill + pilebunker. Figured it'd be useful for engineers to use for making holes to plant the cruxifixes into. Plus it seems pretty menacing, although I think it was also heavy as hell, which would be wildly impractical for anything but dedicated support units.
>>
>>52969470
How does it go against established lore? We're not the average purpose-built-to-be-run-down-so-we-dont-look-like-mary-sues-but-end-up-being-mary-sues-anyway /tg/ homebrew. We're relatively old, small in number, high in skill, and afforded a great many things due to accomplishments and connections. They come from a world rich enough to have the insane plan to secede from the Imperium and expect to survive. And their main MO is one way or another, Psychological Warfare in a Counter Insurgency environment.

You know what rebels usually are? Light Infantry. You know what demolishes the hearts and minds of light infantry? Tenks. You know what a Baneblade is? A very large, angry tank. Its as much a status symbol and weapon of the mind as it is a devastating piece of equipment.

Truth be told I'm just tired of making hobo units. I want fucking rich kids, dammit.

As for a legion, a Brigade made up of 'Legions' sounds a tad silly. Even if it is a Roman term, we're trying to swing a more realistic sounding unit.

>>52969486
I think I know what you're talking about and I agree wholeheartedly on their inclusion. Works on the PsyOps level too, since even if the unit doesn't use them that way, the thought of angry Brigadiers drilling up into your camp in the middle of the night is pretty spooky. As for organization I will refer you, yet again, to my own proposal that has yet to reach any acceptance or denial >>52966731 >>52966743
>>
>>52969442
>>52969623
>>52969486
>>BREACHER
— Principia Esoterica.
Class: Exotic (Breacher)
>>A breacher is a high-power drilling device made from
hyper-dense adamantine alloys and fitted with a matter-wave generator, designed to drill through the toughest materials and ore deposits, break up blocks, and puncture bulkheads. Sometimes carried as a heavy slung rig, but more commonly implanted into the flesh of a servitor or bonded labourer, the breacher can also be used as a devastatingly potent weapon, cable of ripping through armour and flesh like paper.
>>Because of its bulk and vibration when activated, unless mounted as a purpose-built implant, a Strength Bonus of at least 5 is required to wield a breacher as a combat weapon.

Welp it turns out it is actually a bionic and not a stand alone tool/weapon. But, hear me out, what if any soldier who loses an arm or a hand is instead given a breacher and assigned to a special company. Their roles would be drilling the holes to plant the crucifixes in, and they'd be monsters at close combat.

Imagine, a squad of the Argo Brigade has infiltrated an enemy held town. In the heart of the town, in a rockrete bunker an enemy commander is meeting with his staff preparing plans to try and blunt the advance of the guard. Suddenly he hears a high pitched whine coming from outside. He thinks nothing of it as it is most likely some of his men further fortifying their command base.

Within seconds the whine is very loud, and the enemy commander realizes, must be coming from this very room. "Holy shit, what the fuck" the commander shouts as he sees a 3 spinning drills, clearly puncturing the wall. Immediately following this the wall caves in as the Argo Brigade team had already had already drilled in other spots to soften it up and then used a few tubes of fyceline to blow the wall in.

In moments the Argoans are upon the command team. The enemy commander's last sight is that of his XO having his head bored through
>>
>>52969623
Dude...in thread one in the first 50 posts the hate for Armored Units was made clear, and the literal words "no baneblades" jas been said multiple times
Also see this post >>52967147
talking about this picture >>52967023

Im sorry if you want a heavy armor unit because you were a real soldier and want to run baneblades and shadow swords this isn't the unit

You want to know what breaks infantry? Watching half the troops in front of you get melted and the other half set on fire. That's the Argos way
>>
>>52969221
Thats what we have Valkyries for.

>>52969371
Thats what I had in my mind for transport.

Air force idea sounds good to me also. There they can the fuck they want (recon, transport, CAS...)

As for the tanks Ive been there too (also in the training only). And yes I agree tanks are needed just not that as many, like you said, as Cadians have. Not just as their most favored tactic.
>>
>>52963003
>>52963107
>>52963165

Firsts posts of the thread were about ground vehicles
>>
>>52969681
>>52969689
Dude, You need tanks in a conventional force. Tanks are anti armour just as much as infantry sqauds with anti armor weapons are, if not more.

If a rebel force gets a hold of tanks and the Brigade can't take them out with artillery in time then they are fucked. They could use Air Cav to try and take them out, but that's risking their precious little air support.

And the Words "no baneblade" can go choke on it, just like so many other ideas shot down in the very first thread. We couldn't even get a paint scheme agreed upon until thread two.

If you would look at my organization it looks like there is a large amount of tanks given that there's two armored regiments, but a good three quarters of those units are going to be logistical, mechanical, intelligence, and infantry/cavalry support. Tanks are the scariest things out there, but they need a lot of support in an urban environment.
>>
>>52969623
I certainly dig >>52966731
in terms of the regiment structure. It seems pretty spot on for making the regiment flexible and strong.

Fuck those are great nicknames for the companies.
>>
>>52969814
Im pretty sure I just saw an article asking how effective tanks will be in modern warfare in the coming years, just throwing that out there.

Plus what the fuck do you call hell hounds and bane wolfs? not to mention wyverns and manticores.

The Argos is designed to be anti-armor/ its the other half of their specialties plus a whole artillery division of basalisks and mortars ONTOP of 4 light tanks plus air support and melta.

This is not an armor core, you can go jerk off to your baneblade somewhere else
>>
>>52969675
Huh. Well while I don't see it in a normal unit, a Special Task Force could be loaded to gills with special bionics and weapons, being the creme la creme.
>>52969828
Thanks. A few of those are actual names I've seen, including my own unit.

>>52968878
Drawlad, what do you think of these? >>52969085 also I forgot to add

>Cav Scouts and Special Task Force soldiers also make great use of improvised and issued ghillie suits as well as other camo cloaks meant to blend in with un-urban environments or daytime operations

And since we're lumping Air Support in with Cavalry units

>Argive Pilots wear jumpsuits in a similar camo pattern to the fatigues worn by Peacekeepers, with their flight helmets the same Brigadier Blue.
>>
>>52969814
It was just a summary what we had discussed in the previous thread. Everything is still changeable in what way we want to. And Ive never said that we dont need tanks, im aware that play critical role in the army. And Im fine at adding more tanks into a mix, probably makes it more realistic anyway (like youve stated).

Should all the tanks be under same companies or all in their own individual companies?

Also I like the more detailed regiment structure youve done. Goob job on that!
>>
>>52969913
*corps unless you meant the game, in which we don't have titans so I don't know what you mean by that.

And that article is full of shit, because unless drones start getting beefier, tanks get automated (they won't for the same reason jets aren't), or railguns become portable or HE rifle rounds become a thing, tanks and light armoured vehicles will always be a thing.

And since you seem to be the only one offering any voiced resistance on having a SINGLE Baneblade, the premier Guard status symbol, http://www.strawpoll.me/12859273
>>
>>52970024
Tanks would fall exclusively under the Armoured Regiment, as well as many other tracked and wheeled vehicles that aren't Mobile Artillery, Mobile Mortar, Transport, or used as a Cavalry Scout vehicle.

The two ARMREGs would house the armor as well as the means to repair, sustain, and support them, including infantry, mounted recon, and air support.
>>
Been lurking, I'm not happy with all the fighting, everybody chill I'm whipping up some cool artworks

>>52970033
I've stated multiple times I'm against heavy armor and can link all the conversations from all 3 threads I've had. There are what 5 of us here? The poll wont be representative, I'd say you should take your real life tank fetish and "muh realism" and set it aside because A. most aspects of 40k are not "super real" anyways. You already said you literally forced a bane blade into another Guard, stop trying now.

>>52969936
I have said I'm not a fan of camo but I've been working on a whole set of designs
>>
>>52970112
>You already said you literally forced a bane blade into another Guard, stop trying now
Ah but I didn't.

In fact I said the opposite. Unless I wrote that I did, in which that's a typo and I meant the opposite.

I am by no means a "muh realism" guy, I worked on Hua Yuan for christs sake. Nor do I have a Tank fetish. I hate tanks, I've been in them, and I've trained opposite of them.

But you can't have a COIN force without a strong intelligence apparatus and a varied toolkit.

The enemy might have armor, so you need armor. The enemy might have air, so you need air.
>>52970123
Fucking this.

And it seems that everyone forgets that Argo is meant to be super lavish before the brigade made it go from 1970's Baghdad to 1993 Baghdad
>>
So I'm the only one that's voted no?
>>
>>52962986
Alert to Argo Bros: Hold off on building your armies, easily accessible gasmask heads coming in the upcoming plastic steel legion kit
>>
>>52970261
>upcoming plastic steel legion
Fuckin WHAT
>>
>>52970193
Yes you did say you did, but I guess you meant you just tried really hard. The purpose of the guard and the color scheme are the only surviving aspects. People were still arguing about it but ultimately it got accepted.

You keep avoiding when asked about the other 3 tanks and 2 heavy artillery plus mortars do. There are a shit ton of acceptable armys that dont run tanks and on the table whats been agreed upon...Bane wolf (all 3 varients) plus though not a tank you seem to be forgetting the taurox, armored transport.

>>52970238
No I voted no but it still only shows 1 vote on my screen as well
>>
So my phone is acting up and for some reason deleted my last two posts. No idea what going on.
>>52970112
Yea things are getting tense...

Also camo is only for the scout and recon units right?

>>52970033
I said something about Baneblade right? Yea it could be poasible to have just one baneblade as a showoff of power or something.

But like I stated before tanks are not out ruled from the brigade. Just not their most favored weapons of choice.
>>
>>52970323
And by tanks I mean Leman Russes. Obviously we have shit ton of Hellhpunds and its variants.
>>
>>52970313
There was a lot of fighting in Hua Yuan to include several Baneblades. I was on the dissenting side, because I felt that it was against the mobile and light nature of the Exterminators.

>You keep avoiding when asked about the other 3 tanks and 2 heavy artillery plus mortars do.
Pretty sure I covered that here >>52966731
>>
File: OCP Uniform.jpg (56KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
OCP Uniform.jpg
56KB, 534x712px
>>52970323
When I saw Camo I mean this. A uniform with a camo patter.

Because it triggers my autism for it not to be present.

When you say Camo do you mean what I mean or do you mean how it's meant here >>52969936 in terms of ghillie suits and extra measures to break up a silhouet
>>
Have we gone over any sort of bomb disposal tech or techniques the Brigade might employ?
>>
>>52970361
Yea but you also keep saying "But we need tanks because what if they have armor" But rapid anti armor response is literally their job.

Plus it makes lore sense, you dont use super heavy tanks in urban environments when you want to preserve infrastructure and save civilians.... plus not to mention the focus on COIN ops...do SAS, Navy Seals, 777 or spetsnaz use tanks during night raids? No
>>
>>52970462
Yep
>>52966731
>>52966743
>>52967303
>>52969085

Although not in any great depth
>>
>>52970462
melting them
>>
>>52970425
I meant for the camo pattern but only reserved for the special units and recon/scout units. More specialized you are the better shit you get.
>>
>>52970478
>preserve infrastructure and save civilian
The Brigade literally does not care about this. They would park an Imperator Titan in an apartment complex if it meant breaking the enemy and they had the means to do so.

Also

>Comparing Special Forces units that focus on HVT Kill or Capture missions in a clandestine or covert environment too shock and awe conventional forces that apply war crimes en masse to affect enemy morale

That's a false equivalency and you should feel bad. Besides, if we're all in agreeance we already have SOF equivalents attached to MPs >>52969085
>>52969196
>>52969936
>>
>>52970532
>>52970478
I'm only designing one unit with camo, the ranger/scout
>>
>>52970478
I think this summarizes the idea pretty well what we have been going for.
>>
>>52963887
Argives is the actual historical demonym for people from Argos.
>>
>>52970532
Every cook, plumber, and paper pusher in the US Army has "camo" that they wear everyday (well cooks get this white uniform in garrison but that's not the point). Having a uniform with a camo pattern means you joined the service and didn't die before getting shipped to basic training.

Having a pattern doesn't mean anything and the fact that you think it does makes me feel special
>>
>>52970601
Nice! Cant wait to see some more of your awesome work! This thread needs a bit cheering up and your propaganda posters are just the thing.
>>
>>52970598
Dude...were you even in the first damn thread? I wish faggot was here...go read all his posts, its not just shock and awe...its at its heart a unit designed to but down rebellions

Also you cant say "The Argo Brigs would kill all the civilians and go full exterminatus because thats what I want" when you cant link a single post of discussed lore to say that.
>>
>>52970478
Also
>rapid anti armor response
In what, infantry with Meltas? Kek, okay. Pray they see the tanks before the tank sees them
>>
>>52970655
Okay but first link where I said this

>"The Argo Brigs would kill all the civilians and go full exterminatus because thats what I want"

I can wait. I have all day, really.
>>
>>52970645
Can you take your autism somewhere else?
go paint tanks with camo patterns and go "brrrrrr" as you smash all your little green infantry men
>>
>>52964183
>>52964189
>>52964197
>>52964208
This is me
Should I write more? What do you guys want?
>>
>>52970689

>>52970598
> They would park an Imperator Titan in an apartment complex if it meant breaking the enemy

Youre willing to literally shove aside and disregard whats been established, even if painfully so in order to shoe horn your ideas in.

>>52970660
Here you are again ignoring things, there's a lot more then infantry...
>>
>>52970645
This isn't the US army tho
>>
>>52970689
>>52970790

Beat me to it
>>
>>52970655
>faggot

I've been posting without a name because I'm not a shameless attention whore. I mean I am but that's not the point.

Listen lads, I haven't really said a lot because I don't have a lot to say at this point. The uniform has got to a place that doesn't make me cry, and I agree with Arbites' uniforms, at least on paper.

I think his pilot idea is a little plain, especially since a flight suit is very /fa/. I wouldn't put a camo patter on that, I'd make the back portion blue as well.

But other wise I'm really disapointed with all the fighting, m8s. I know I flung a lot of shit but that's because I knew I was right (still right about the tiger stripe, but I suppose they're soldiers, not anorexic gay models)

I already said I don't know anything about tanks in the first thread, and I've said everything I've said about them. But at this point I'm not going to take a side because everyone is arguing like a bunch of queers. And this is coming from a gay man.

Pick a side, make a strawpoll, roll a dice, but just shut up and move on.
>>
>>52970645
I know this, ive been to military aswell (not US).

I wrote before a piece of fluff about how they get the new upgraded stuff from studying xenotech and applying what they learn into new tech (new gasmasks, ability make handheld chem cannon etc.) With a lack of resources they cant push out that many things and only few people actually receive these new improved things. Also if someone finds out some certain people wouldn't like it.

And why hidden xenotech? Read beginning of first thread to see where we started this of.
>>
>>52970818
I'm still waiting. That doesn't say what you said it says, unless there's literacy problems at play which then I'll stop while I'm ahead.

>>52970790
One, that was a joke there bub, they are made on this here website. Shocking, I know. Secondly, how does taking drastic measures to break enemy resolve and inflict casualties go against established fluff? And what exact details am I ignoring?

>>52970863
For the love of god please no fucking heresy. Hidden or not. We did that with Hua Yuan and its still flimsy as all hell.

>>52970790
>there's a lot more then infantry...
Finish your sentence. Because if you're going to mention the vehicles we already have, then I will laugh. Those aren't tanks, nor are they are truly effective counter for them

>>52970708
Stop flanderizing the argument, it makes you look more like an idiot than you already are.
>>
>>52970284
the newest spoil is "Warzone: Armageddon" I think this will be a new supplement with updated models of a bunch of old models - Ghaz, Yarrik, maybe Helbrecht or Dante. Now that Cadia's gone they have the chance to create a new "standard" guard template, and the old IG infantry kits are pretty old too. It's not confirmed, but I'd be pretty surprised if IG and Orks, plus this Armageddon supplement, weren't some of the first releases post-8th.
>>
>>52970831
Straw pole is literally broken
>>
>>52970939
>Ghaz, Yarrik, maybe Helbrecht or Dante.
Praise the lord. I hate Ghazzy's model, nothing about it screams the Prophet of Gork N Mork. A new Dante would be nice, I've always wanted to play a fast, in your face, BAngels army. Would give me a legit excuse to try and paint Sanguine Guard
>>
>>52970934
Not even same anon but you're being a real autistic faggot
>>
>>52970934
Caves of xenotech have been lore discussed in all three threads, check em
>>
>>52971000
I'm the autistic faggot that wrote 80% of what's on the 1d4chan page
>>52971034
I know, and I hate the idea of the unit being a load of hypocrites. Too Hua Yuan.

Even if they use them as bargaining chips, its just really shitty to have them have a huge Lawboner then turn right back around and have them hoard grade A heresy

If everyone is dead set on having them, then whatever, but I'd contend that it diminishes the quality of work.
>>
>>52970831
On the side note I like the pilot suit idea.
>>
>>52971114
I do as well, maybe have the unit cross down the right sleeve with a pair of inverted wings coming from the upside down skull?

And is a fur collar too much? Like top gun style?
>>
File: Fluffy Neck.jpg (26KB, 285x327px) Image search: [Google]
Fluffy Neck.jpg
26KB, 285x327px
>>52971114
Glad you like it. Honestly I'm glad I just don't have to argue anymore.
>>52971189
The sleeve idea is neat, would look cool when they salute en masse. The fur collar is too tacky, especially if we're going for a more modern look. A thick collar may look nice, make it red or sage to transition from the grey/black of the flight suit to the blue of the helmet.

And I remember you from the Hua Yuan threads. I was the guy who came up with some of the ideas for the Forlorn Swan and some of the punk stuff, stop arguing dude. I know you're used to leading the pack, but you don't have to herd cats here, everyone is pretty goal oriented m8

But because no one else can be an adult here's my compromise; take this organization >>52966731 and simply replace the second Armoured Regiment with another Engineer Battalion, or a dedicated Cav Scout and Air Cav battalion for rapid insertion and quick response.

Or hell, make it a Black Ops battalion exclusively for those Special Task force lads.

Either way, taking a bit of tank away but leaving a scosh should stop all this bloody quibbling
>>
>>52971338
Works with me if it works with everyone else.

Sorry for getting riled up, suppose I should have left well enough alone.

I'm fine for trading more tank for more something else. Is the 'Blade still on the table?
>>
>>52971338
Good suggestion desu, thanks /fa/ggot. With this we still have option for Leman Russes. Maybe there is a big ass insurgent compound and need to bring some more firepower, thats when they roll out LRs.

>>52971507
Its all cool. No hard feelings.

Id say no to super heavy tanks because they dont fit into original idea of "light infantry tactics". Just my opinion.
>>
>>52971641
Its not so much super heavy tanks as it is super heavy tank.

Its not really a main part of the armament as it is a propaganda piece and a morale builder. If they need to roll out the Baneblade against an enemy things have gotten seriously fucked.

For the most part it just rolls around parades and there's a big fuss made about getting it to the planet of conflict, just to show off to the enemy that the Brigade has one, in case they want to try anything stupid.

I really hope everyone hasn't jumped ship
>>
>>52971507
I'd say no because all the times they were said no to before you even brought it up.
The bane wolf (the main vehicle) and its two other variants the hell hound and devil dog are all tanks that were in it the whole time and cover all 3 damage types needed. You literally kept over looking this, not to mention 2 missile delivery systems, one anti tank and one anti air plus heavy artillery, like it was literally all there. But if you can stop sperging then I can stop point out you're being an asshole
>>
>>52971740
You want to know stops people from being stupid? Seeing the 300 crucified bodies of the last people who got stupid...like when did you divest yourself from what's actually going on here
>>
>>52971768
We've had plenty of agreements on a Baneblade as a political tool and mark of pride more than something they use regularly, especially since they have literally one.
>>52971799
Oh joy, lets keep arguing, why not
>>
>>52971768
>>52971799
>>52971829
For the love of god shut the fuck up.

One battalion of tanks and a Baneblade. That's all there is. MOVE. ON.

I'm literally a gay tailor, I can't be the one with the thickest skin here
>>
>>52971829
No you brought up the bane blade after it was literally named as off the list and killteam was agreeable with you, that's not "plenty of agreements" if you didint litterally ask "so what about bane blade" after agreeing to stop being so autistic I wouldn't have to say anything.
>>
>>52971878
You're worse than he is at this point.

Let well enough alone m8.
>>
>>52971848
If this guy wasn't being a bigger faggot then a literal gay talor who wants tiger stripes then I wouldn't be telling him to stop acting like he's fucking lore keeper around here
>>
>>52971913
He just wants a bloody tank, m8.

Its not this huge deal. He's written a lot of good stuff, I think we can let him have his baneblade since he's conceded nearly all the tanks
>>
>>52971950
Conceded? It's JUST super heavy tanks that all of us agreed upon 3 fucking days ago. This was literally a peaceful well mannered discussion untill this literal self admitted artist with PTSD from training next to tanks started acting like he was the be all end all.

Drawfriend if you're still lurking can we get your input?
>>
>>52971950
>>52971913
Looks like we've already lost a drawfag, I'd prefer we not lose anybody else, autistic or no.

Fact, its the Autistic ones that keep these things alive long past their due. Look at Hua Yuan, 11 bloody threads, all on account of the very autist who says we need a fucking tank

He may be agrivatin in this thread, but he's a good sort when he's not bein stubborn. What I'm sayin is, lets not hold anything against anyone and get back to work
>>
>>52971991
Fucking auto correct, self admitted autist

Also no I won't let it alone because a child having a temper tantrum from being told no for valid fluff reasons shouldn't be coddled just to avoid argument
>>
>>52972012
I wouldn't say lost he was on for 8'+ hours and started this thread 13 hours ago
>>
>>52971991
>PTSD
Christ you're the absolute worst.

It's scary seeing a tank roll up on you, that's all I've said, that's all I've ever meant. Now you're blowing things out of proportion. Fuck you dude.
>>
>>52972040
He also drew literally all the artwork despite the tiger striped stuff
>>
>>52972055
Let it the fuck go

Honestly the two of you are horrible people and should feel ashamed that you've derailed the thread. Now promise neither of you will type the words tank or baneblade in these threads again.

If other anons want to discuss it, that's well an fine but you too mongloids just can't stop getting at eachother.

Fair?
>>
>>52972136
Alright, fair. Whatever gets us back on track.
>>
>>52972158
Don't act innocent either, you started this mess.
You want to make up? Go work on another Writefaggotry. It's all your good for.
>>
>>52972177
Agreed, no need to tell me off, I know I'm a asshole but salt is the fuel that runs /tg/ and I will not apologize, but thanks
>>
>>52972246
I'll too you off too ya wee cunt. Don't tell me how to live my life, now Jesus and his saints only knows what you're good for, but for the love the Brigade get back too it before Captain Autism over there sucks the life out of it
>>
>>52972284
You might be the queerest drill instructor ever (thinks about actual army...) nah not that, but you're effective either way
>>
>>52972324
This is very true...
>>
>>52971338
>The fur collar is too tacky, especially if we're going for a more modern look.
A mandarin collar is what you might be after.

Also what do you think of frog shirts in general?

>>52970772
Its good stuff. I remember someone was saying they were going to write up the heroic deed, so maybe wait for them to release their bit first since it might influence your work or give you material to work with if you want to write more.
>>
>>52972910
Combat shirts are fucking amazing. I don't really know if they would mesh well with the Brigade though
>>
>>52972346
>>52972346
Damn, you're still alive and kicking

Yuan and Sanguine Shields was over a year ago
>>
Aaaaand the thread's dead
>>
>>52974444
Nice fucking digits

I guess now's the time to fill out the wiki
>>
>>52974444
It's not dead but not everyone can be on at all times
>>
>>52974540
I have stuff I'm working on but quality stuff takes time
>>
>Go out for smoke to clear my head and get ready to pump out some writefaggotry
>Browse a degenerate /co/ thread about muscle chicks on my phone
>Open up a particularly degenerate picture
>A thousand fucking drunk ass soldiers swarm out of the barracks and flood the smoke pit
>One of them catches a peek at the pic before I close it
>My battle buddies procees to roast the ever loving shit out of me for about fifteen minutes until I'm able to successfully change the subject after several failed attempts which only make things worse

There it is boys. My just deserts.

>>52974433
So I am. Although if this particular thread is any indication, kicking and screaming is more apt.

About to crank out some fluff. What do you think of what we have so far?
>>
>>52974444
Checked.

Also I don't think it's dead. I think when Based Drawman comes back he'll be pleased with how things have resolved themselves.

At this point I don't even care about the fucking tank if it's going to cause such a massive rift amongst us.

Anybody else have any ideas about how we can flaunt the unit's wealth/status other than a Baneblade? We already have some pretty rare vehicles, but I'm looking for something with a little more wow factor. Something that even dirt farmers can notice and see right away that the Argives are a big deal
>>
File: 1493516010017.jpg (48KB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
1493516010017.jpg
48KB, 922x692px
I demand that the few Russes we have look like this
>>
>>52975312
Power Bayonets
>>
>>52975641
Relic Bayonets! Mother fucking master crafted
>>
>>52975641
>>52975668
Powered bayonets attached to relic bayonets
>>
File: Space Knight Colored.jpg (159KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
Space Knight Colored.jpg
159KB, 800x540px
Alright, fuckos, what needs to go on the wiki? Point me in the direction, and its done.

It says we need size, leader, allies, statblock, wargear, possibly more on the homeworld, and all that. So, which should we try to knock out
>>
>>52976178
Warhead, allies and size have all been detailed
>>
>>52976178
Well it seems like we are trying to fleshout some of the story and appearance before tackling the stats. But it might help to ground some of that in their supposed specialty which is mostly traitor guard and to a lesser extent Tau. I recommend going through the first one word story thread and the second where we started to flesh things out because some people said they were working on some things and would return later with them.
>>
>>52976307
Hmm can we discuss the lord-commissars who leads the argonites?
>>
>>52976487
Ment the singular
>>
Alright Im back, had to go get few hours of sleep before my kid wakes up. Glad to see things calmed down.

>>52976487
Sure! He could be their commander from the time when Argo Brigade had to go underground and promoted to lord commissar eventually?

Thoughts? Wont even try to come up names with sleep deprived mind.

>>52976221
>>52976178
Size has been determined to be roughly 7000 men strong.

And we are allied with AdMech right? Correct me if Im wrong.

Maybe lets try to create leadership fleshed out?
>>
You know, generally I don't give a fuck about these /tg/ created chapters/warbands/regiments/whatever. But this one is actually pretty cool. I wouldn't mind reading a story or something about these guys.

Keep at it folks.
>>
Also anyone got ideas how to do our "sidearm" nailgun in miniature scale?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

>Middle Lieutenant Bie Lao of the 5th Hua Yuan Exterminators tapped his fingers absentmindedly to the beat of the music blaring through the internal comms of the Taurox Prime on the wide dashboard, bobbing his head as the convoy raced past the ruined landscape, rolling fogs of gas concealing fields and fields of ruined city. The 5th Exterminators had been deployed to assist in the retaking of Calidad 8 from the Tau Empire, who had used humans insurrectionists to gain a foothold in the planet. Due to the sheer size of the manufactorum planet and the spreading rebellion, the Munitorum saw fit to deploy a second regiment to augment the mission of the unit already planetside. Apparently they had things well in hand enough that calling upon an Astartes chapter would have been unnecessary and frankly wasteful, but the 5th was already passing through the system returning to Hua Yuan after purging a planet riddled with a Genestealer cult.

>The unit in question was the 77th Argoan Peacekeeper Brigade, but everyone knew them simply as the Argo Brigade, because there wasn't any other in the known Imperium. Relentless, ruthless, and deadly, the small unit was already a quiet legend long before the Imperium had found Hua Yuan in all her festering glory. Small and well equipped, from what the young officer could tell the two units couldn't be any more different. While the Exterminators as a whole prefered to keep their operational tempo at a breakneck speed to deny the enemy time to react the Brigadiers had a patient and methodical approach to the enemy, rarely running missions back to back and almost always stopping to fortify claimed ground. Even in battle they seemed to have more in common with Necron than the Exterminators; the Exterminators sprint into enemy lines in a dazzling display of firepower and athletic coordination, disorienting and overwhelming the enemy.
>>
>>52978382
Nice! Cant wait to see more!
>>
>>52978382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXtujxT9rzA

>The Argives by contrast would prefer to take cover and pelt the enemy with return fire while another element executes a swift flank. Such measures often produced more enemy casualties than confirmed kills, but after seeing them after combat...Bie Lao was convinced this was by design. Nothing separated the two units more than how they saw other humans. Sure, Gardeners by and large have tremendous pride in their homeland and tend to be a little brusque towards foreigners, but if you have good music and better drink you can buy the friendship with relative ease. The Argives on the other hand only really seemed to relax around their own number, even the non-Argive Brigadiers. Towards others they seemed...almost predatory, as if constantly looking for some hidden heresy to crucify you for. In the case of the Exterminators and their Xenon, they were all lucky that it was as close a secret as it is...

>Perhaps that's what made the Lieutenant so uneasy around the Argives, not just because of their haughty attitudes or fine equipment, or even their excruciatingly boring approach to combat. It was the torture. It was almost like the Exterminator trophy hunting, Bie Lao thought as he stroked the gaunt skull fitted onto his shoulder, but it wasn't meant to show skill or status, it was to build fear. Fear and disgust. And it worked. The last thing Bie Lao wanted was to have to fight the Brigadiers and survive lest he end up upside down on a cross, or on his side with a spear lodged through his ribs. The convoy screeched to a halt as they neared a small traffic circle at the end of the dusty road. MLT Bie Lao, in the lead vehicle, hopped out of the garrish, trophy littered vehicle, hitting the ground with a hard thud. Awaiting him in the circle, where the Brigadiers.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-insurgency

Pretty good read and summary of COiN stuff.
>>
>>52978647
Wish I was half as good writer as you. Will there be more?
>>
>>52978647
>The Brigadiers sat in their Tauruses blocking the streets into the circle, the turrets of the light vehicles pointed down the roads leading to the circle, as the lieutenant jogged up to the halted brigadiers he saw that there were a few guns pointed his way, which made him none too comfortable. Only adding to his apprehension was their uniforms, which lacked any of the typical blue or red and instead were a uniform dark drab. As he neared the end of the street the vehicle at its mouth came to life with a purring engine. And a mounted weapon pointed straight at him. From the mounted turret came a single shout in Low Gothic, "Crimson!". The Lieutenant halted and shouted back, "Eagle!". He had been briefed the challenge and pass for the day over a secure vox channel in code briefed to him the day before, the verbal Vox cipher was meant to be changed weekly, if possible. Bie Lao pondered a unit such as large as any Hua Yuanese one utilizing so many security measures without something going wrong. He shuddered at the thought.

>The Tauros pulled into the traffic circle, and one of the brigadiers dismounted from the vehicle, waving the convoy into into the circle. As the convoy rolled along the brigadier approached the lieutenant, "Captain Keterov, Delta Company Cav, 277th. Seems like you lot didn't die out there." Bie Lao, "Sorry to disappoint, Sir. Middle Lieutenant Bie Lao, 1st Company 505th." The Gardener offered his hand to the captain. It did not reciprocate. The Brigadier turned his back and walked back to his vehicle. "Your men better be good to go Lieutenant, we've been here far too long. You lot took your sweet fucking time." "We ran into some resistance, sir." "Is that an excuse, soldier? I thought the Exterminators were fighters." Bie Lao, grimaced, "No, sir." The Cav Scout regarded him with a soulless eye from his gas mask, "No that's not an excuse? Or no, you Exterminators aren't worth your collective weight in shit?'
>>
Based of wikiarticle I read Id like suggest some tactics that Argo Brigade might use.

Starting with Cordon an Search tactic where insurgents and weapons are searched. Brigade tho has a way more aggresive manner to this using chemical weapons (and some cases flamers) to flush out potential target buildings. Flood the building with gas and move in to eliminate possible threat by either capturing unconcious/driven mad pain or blasting them away if need be. Better bring some nailguns and crosses.

Air strikes, or in our case surface missile strikes. Intelligence company gets a sniff on insurgent cache/hideout and not wanting to risk troops they just send missile to blow shit up.

Any thoughts on this? Ideas of you're own?
>>
>>52979913
Quite a few posts more. I want it to get pretty dark. I'm probably going to pick it back up later in the morning, its pretty late
>>
>>52980112
Surething, lets throw in some ideas and see what comes out of it. Also lets not forget our recon/intel specialization.
>>
>>52980206
>>52980206
Intel will play a bigger part than recon, but I'll get into both here in the morning. Expect some fairly dark stuff. Let's just say the Brigadiers have some pretty unique views on what is and isn't heresy when it comes to torturing xenos...
>>
>>52980215
I'll throw in some ideas when something pops in my mind. Btw really good writing there anon!
>>
Okay so intel/recon tactics/stuff.

Obviously their job is to gather information about the enemies and stuff like.
- Finding targets for missile strikes
- get a general view of the area where troops are going, how many enemy troops are there, what armament they have, do they have armour and if they do how many etc.
- what routes are the most safe for troops to move through cities/countryside where ever they currently deployed

They could also go for more aggressive recon mission that stuck to them from the time they were insurgents themselves.
- Sabotage missions (disrupting/destroying supply lines)
- assassinations
- ambushes
>>
So a little update on building the squad. I found this awesome little website called Megabitzshop that sell bunch of different GW stuff as bitz. Ordered for 30e worth of different stuff, cloaks, weapons, accessories...

Also found a perfect thing for nailguns! Flechete Blaster from Adeptus Mechanicus. Looks nailgunny enough to me! Only got 3 pieces of those unfortunatly, but it's a start!

Pic related.
>>
>>52981162
Too ornate for line troopers imo.
Give em a hammer and nails, those are officer weapons.
>>
>>52981525
I will smooth out ornate stuff away when I get those. We thought about hammer and nails but we came to conclusion that ot wasnt fast enough for these guys.
>>
>>52977592
A bolter with a hose like the masks have
>>
Hey everybody, I'm back at it! I'll be around for several hours posting art and my progress, need some time to digest what's been posted.
>>
>>52981525
The nail pistol is just the main side arm, heavys can Cary melta, flamers and Chem cannons, 2 man gunner squads will Cary heavy Chem cannons but the standard infantry will carry either harpoon rifles or....las rifles/bolter equip with>>52975641 or >>52975668
>>
>>52981162
This could be a cool nailer

>>52981525
Nah a high powered pistol that shoots what are basically railroad spikes has been discussed as the Brig's sidearm. If you have ideas by all means go ahead and share but I think a bit more then hammer and nails

For all the write friends I'll read your stuff shortly

>new idea
What does everybody think of bulgrins? On one had I imagine the Argo Guard as xenophobic as your average inquisitor but on the other hand as engineers they could probably erect posts for crucifixion pretty easy... Since everybody hated my truck with servo arm for planting the posts lol
>>
>>52982312
Glad to see you're back! Give us the goodies!
>>52982346
May I add that some teams carry flamers and melta guns.
>>
I'm apprehensive to suggest this since I'm aware of how adding too many Special Rules ruins the 'flavor' of the army when/if it get's to the playing field.

So when you tell me to fuck off with my tryhard edginess please at least tell me why it's a terrible idea.

>Nail'em to the Tanks!
>If a model is attached to the side of the model vehicle, as long as it is able to be removed in-play, any explosive attacks to said side will do half damage and remove the model.
>This tradition stems from a war where suitable materials to crucify prisoners captured after a battle were unavailable. After having to deny the suggestion of creating crucifixes out of some of the prisoners limbs and bones on the basis of labour and time-intensity during an unsecured area, the OIC noticed the pitted exterior of his vehicles. Thus she declared that the prisoners should help repair the armor they had defaced. And she had her men nail the prisoners to the side of the tanks, upside down of course.
>When the war was won she was censured for not being able to crucify the prisoners sideways or upside down properly. As well as censured for how close to heresy she skirted with the impaling of prisoners upon holy machines. The charges were lessened when the prisoners were found to be whorshippers of Chaos themselves.
>>
>>52975312
While that argument got kind of shitty I'm glad it ended.

I won't mislead you that I was strongly against *insert name of war vehicle here that shall not be named* but as a compromise the Argo Brigade can have emmased some wealth and prestige though that's not how I imagined them
>>
>>52982412
Hmmm... bulgrins could work. Would free valuable resource else where and like you said they probably would get the crusifixes erected in no time! Maybe some help from sentinels?
>>
>>52982426
I said that lol
>heavys carry melta, flamers and Chem cannons
>>52982346

I'm on my phone but when I get back home I'll post my work. I'm a graphic designer and animator so I work from home. That's how I can lurk so much
>>
>>52982450
Oh whoops, my bad. Thats what only 3 hours of sleep to you.

New idea. Relic nailguns.
>>
>>52982484
They have a ton whistle that goes off everytime you pull the trigger lol in all seriousness though yea, can you do that? I kind of like the idea of power bayonets because I imagine every Brig with a pointy thing in the end of their barrels
>>
>>52982559
Meant to say tin whistle
>>
>>52982559
Yea defo power baynoets. Just add some tubing and paint blades blue. Done.
>>
>>52982599
I like the idea of a hose anyway, I imagined for the compressed air

Like take that gun you posted and replace the magazine with an air hose
>>
All this talk of customizing models reminds me, has any tried to kitbash with Bionicle models?
>>
>>52982747
Get some kinex in there also and a rector set for those orcs
>>
>>52982747
No, have you?! Pics or it didn't happen lol
>>
>>52982761
>>52982855
I'm asking because I've got a box of Bionicle parts and I'm wondering what I can do with it other than make some POS and call it "orky".

Actually, forget it. I'll find my where I put my failures and make a new thread. Carry on.
>>
>>52983036
Ask in WIP thread, you might get lucky in there.
>>
>>52983192
I meannnn technically this is! So turns out I have some errands to do to keep my fiance happy so I'm gonna put up a piece that is not what everyone is waiting for just to hold everyone over.

But Don't worry everyone. I'm working on a bunch of stuff as far as game stats and lists as well as art. I will not let this project die
>>
>>52983384
Good to hear! Real life stuff is more important anyway. I will try to keep it alive aswell and try to do...something...
>>
>>52983409

What do you think of
>>52982670
about This
>>52981162
>>
>>52983517
Yea could work. Need to try it once I get all the parts and see how it looks like. Will post pictures
>>
>>52981162
Just chop off that barrel bit and its perfect
>>
File: 3xl.jpg (66KB, 750x620px) Image search: [Google]
3xl.jpg
66KB, 750x620px
>>52982429
Hey! Just like with bodies hanging from artillery barrels I was also thinking about them also on the side of tanks, like 2 on each side one in front and the other near the back. I was thinking about it as purely aesthetic but
> If a model is attached to the side of the model vehicle any explosive attacks to said side will do half damage and remove the model
is kind of cool. You're right to many new rules can really ruin it but I kind of like that. In the (I believe) first thread someone posted minis thatd be perfect for this kind of thing then just use twine as "rope" around their neck/feet/hands

So, to help infantry squads deal with anti-armor in a rapid response kind of way but also to hint at both the krieg/ww1-2 similarities but also to pay homage to the AdMech allys (we did go with this yes?) we could have our squads be able to take 1-2 large anti tank rifles like those used in the world wars.

Obviously it wouldnt be like the skitari have and it can just shoot a bolter/melta round or something but we can model the minis after them.

For inspiration its the bottom weapon >>52967427
And also pic related
>>
>>52982599
Come on...power bayonets? I thought that was a joke post...it seems pretty silly
>>
>>52985113
Just joking around mate no worries.

Or are we.. ?
>>
>>52985095
I actually like the idea of having antitank rifles and yea if you use them on the field say they are meltas or something. Maybe something bit more heavy duty looking? But defonetly a worthy contender/thing to look at.
>>
File: Nailer Pistol.jpg (49KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nailer Pistol.jpg
49KB, 500x400px
>>52985113
Well I mean they can already take power swords on squad leaders, but they're expensive, it would show wealth, plus you could outfit 5 rifles with the metal from a sword easy.

At the very least master crafted bayonets.

>>52983815
>>52985065

So see pic related, I took the gun killteam posted and moved the silencer (that would still look awesome as is) and moved it to creat a magazine similer to what nailguns have on the front and added a hose
>>
>>52985095
So I don't now how viable it is 40k wise, but one of the things I was thinking about was for infantry response to armor is protable rocket launchers, like an AT4 or Javelin in real life.

I don't know if the guard has access to that stuff
>>
>>52985519
I don't think the hose is necessary. The silencer bit can be the clip/magazine and the magazine part can be the compressed air
>>
>>52985519
That looks pretty damn cool desu. Will give it a go once i receive them. (7-30 days deliverytime...).

Also +1 for power swords, maybe throw in some hotshot lasguns or whaever they are called. With the AdMech as our ally we would get into some better equipment like the Cherub said earlier >>52968907
>>
>>52985608
do you even play 40k
>>
>>52985673
This would make me need to fewer modifications, which is nice. Both are good looking options but yea, definrtly silencer goes to bottom.

Also going to bed in 30 minute or so, need to catch some sleep tonight.
>>
>>52985727
>>52985608
Works for me. So we can utilize mortar and missile teams from heavy weapons teams. More antitank stuff the better.
>>
>>52985095
>>52985851

I really like the idea of large anti armor sniper rifles, it fills an interesting niche. Normally when armor 12+ stuff is getting hit from range its by swarms of missiles or other tanks/artillery

PLus thats an amazing mini I'd like to kit bash into guard
>>
>>52985608
>>52985981
>>52985851

Well they serve different roles, you could take the missle launcher in your heavy weapons roles but that competes with mortars and the chem cannon conversion that's essential to the theme.

The interesting thing about the heavy tank rifle is you could upgrade each squad to carry them
>>
>>52985981
Too bad stock of those rifles were out in mega bitz shop. Guess i'll have buy box of admech rangers...
>>
>>52986138
You could maybe green stuff the support pole and use the biggest rifles you got

Though the rangers are fucking cool...thats dedication
>>
>>52986138
>>52986186

No dont listen to anon get the rangers the use all the rifles for your argo brigade

so main squad gun is lasguns taken from their wars on some forge world.

I dont think this one guard unit should be responsible for recovering it, but participated in some grand campaign. Probably with the angry marines
>>
Adding the heavy antitank rifles into wiki. And going to bed. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>52982429
>whorshippers
I'm sorry, but I just had to point that out
>>
>>52985727
Yeah.

Tyranids
>>
>>52985981
Large antimateriel rifles can be used by the Cav Scouts and Special Task Force military police, who fulfill the needs of our Recon niche
>>
>>52986857
Military police, what the fuck are you even talking about, yea a squad of scouts would be good but now you're not even thinking about what kind of engadgments troops wielding these will even be encountering units with high armor.

It would clearly be extremely useful as a infantry squad upgrade the same way the skitari Rangers use them
>>
>>52987076
>Military police, what the fuck are you even talking about,
>>52966731
>>Three MP Platoons (Canine, Commissariat, AntiTerror task force)
>>52969085
>>52969196
>>52969936
>>52971338
>>
>>52987076
>not even thinking about what kind of engadgments troops wielding these will even be encountering units with high armor.

Well that's what tanks are for my frien :^)
>>
>>52987239
I'm not the same anon but are you seriously fucking bringing that up.
>>
>>52987201
You realize the three posts not by you dont use that word and it literally has zero translation to the relevance of IG units fielded on the table or to the fucking lore of 40k

That's what a commissar is for, especially if the Argo's leader is a lord commisar
>>
>>52986857
Earlier when I mentioned the tank rifles instead of even trying to discuss them you just brought up a completely different idea that again aligns with what seems to me to be an obsession with late-modern 20th century millitary because you're currently in it. Then you didn't join in the discussion of it until now when you're just trying to shove it aside.

You can't act like your ideas are canon and ignore other peoples ideas if you're not going to engage in discussion

>>52985727
>>52986837
Okay well killteam and I are actually trying to make a fieldable force that while having nice fluff also has relevance to actual use of Guard units on the damn table.

>>52987239
I swear to nurgle....are you really going to fucking start that again
>>
>because you're currently in it

Maybe he was at one point, can't know for sure he does seem to have a hard on for it but he is just roleplaying.

>>52975226
He acts like he is on base but supposedly can lurk 24/7 multiple days in a row, and since when did the military allow roving groups of drunks.
>>
>>52987612
This fag is a case study of /tg/ pure autism, salt and role playing
>>
>>52987373
Are you even speaking english?

>>52987307
It was a joke, holy fuck.

>>52987612
Confirmed never being within 500 miles of a military installation on a weekend.

>>52987537
Listen. Dear. Honey. Sweety.

I'm saying I like the idea. And that's where they could possibly go as standard equipment while they can be a squad upgrade for bog standard.

And like, it's really hard to argue with you because you'll say I have a hard on for 20th century warfare (I don't, by the way, pike and shot was the greatest age of warfare bar none) then berate me for even mentioning a class of vehicles by emphasizing that we only have three niches; Chemical warfare, COIN via PsyOps, and recon.

All of which, every single one, are 20th century concepts. And the baby blue UN Peacekeeper look? I mean come on dude, get it together the Brigade is 20th century esque, get the dick out of your ass
>>
>>52987809
>are you even speaking English

What part of that don't you understand
>>
>>52987373
Ah, I think I've deciphered your post now.

It's less internal MPs (If you could read you would note that in the organization the Commissariat is housed within the intelligence apparatus) and more how MPs are used down range, in that they operate security should the Brigade decide to dig in and hold ground, as well investigating the local populace.

Think of them less as the guys that bust cocaine rings in the barracks and more like the Waffen SS during the french occupation. On the table there wouldn't be a huge distinction between them and bog standard infantry save for paint scheme and perhaps equipment available to them, like attack dogs
>>
>>52987809
I've been very civil with you despite your extreme levels of autism. I've referenced lore discussion a lot but don't confuse me with other people who have been bitching at you because half the time you really deserve it.

Also no, chemical warfare goes back way father then the 1900. Treacherous that launched rotting cows into citys, small pox blankets killing half of all central Americans and poisoning wells is as old as time. Also putting down rebellions is not a new concept either. Only anti-armor is a 20th century concept because tanks had to exsist first.
>>
>>52987809
You cant drink while wearing uniform thats litearally not allowed and you said they came out of the barracks...can confirm role playing faggot autist
>>
>>52987983
I thought about acknowledging that biological warfare and and anti-insurgency are rather old concepts, but I decided not and use the terminology that you used in the contexts that they originate in.

And no, this hasn't been civil at all, in the slightest, so why even bother keeping that pretense.

>>52988052
Wew lad. I don't even know where to start you man, cause you sure are dumb.

Check a calender first, you may be surprised at what day yesterday was.
>>
>>52988128
I'm sorry you're being attacked but really don't confuse me with other people. Maybe if you acted differently people wouldn't swarm you.
>>
Dude, its against the military's rules to consume alcohol while wearing a military uniform

So you are saying either your base has so little disciple droves of drunken men can wander around inside barracks not in uniform but unappeaded or that a shit ton of "soldiers" are breaking the rules like that

...or youre a faggot who roleplays cuz its 4chan...

no wait...I should believe youre on base lurking /tg/ 24/7
>>
File: r600_25.pdf (99KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
r600_25.pdf
99KB, 1x1px
>>52988394
Since you seem incapable of basic logic or even infantile reading comprehension, I'll spell it out for you.

Today is sunday. Meaning yesterday was, bear with me, Saturday. Now this may shock you, but soldiers are not expected to ascetic monks and are allowed to wear, wait for it, civilian clothes when off duty. Now this may also rock your infinitely tiny world, but one of the greatest traditions of service of binge drinking and casual alcoholism.

So, yesterday was the weekend, right? Come on man, keep with me I believe in you. And on the weekend no one works right (well some people do, but that's not the point)? And that post was made pretty late at night, wasn't it little guy?

So, if it's late on a Saturday where no one has any responsibilities the next day, and drinking to forget the shitty unit is a thing, why WOULDN'T there be packs and packs of drunk dudes?

Come on man, use that little brain of yours. And go back to r*ddit while you're at it, you have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>52988585
Hmm...or you're just being a role playing autist who can't play nice with others

Go jack off to a muscle girl riding a camo tank or something
>>
>>52988713
Yeah yeah whatever kid.

Don't be mad at me because you forgot what a weekend was
>>
File: 9924978.jpg (374KB, 1919x1285px) Image search: [Google]
9924978.jpg
374KB, 1919x1285px
First off to address this discussion of man portable AT capabilities I should say that Melta and Plasma guns are probably the height of AT weapons. Pic related is a PTRS, an AT rifle, and just like it most AT weapons are vehicle mounted or unwieldy (not absolutely just way more than a rifle) for soldiers expected to stay mobile. Metla and Plasma guns on the other hand are just as agile as a rifle and have a versatility that allows them to replace a rifle in a way an AT4 or RPG can't... unless you want to be clumsy, not physically able to fire it in some situations, and kill friendlies including yourself with the back blast or shot itself in other situations.

>>52982412
>>52982441
Ogryns could work, but the important thing to remember is their size and claustrophobia which can mean trouble with APCs, clearing sectors of a cites, or entering tunnels. That said they would work well manning check points / road blocks not just mechanically but psychologically.

On the topic of mass crucifixion, when I wrote of the original idea of how they would work I didn't even consider Ogryns, but I should have. One could easily replace the 2 restrainers and 1-2 nailers / cross pullers with 2 Ogryns to restrain and pull pull crosses, and 1 human nailer. As far as digging the holes for the crucifixes is concerned I like the idea of doing them well before the parade.

I am mulling over the idea of calling the crucifixion day a "parade" not just as slang like garbage day, but for the purposes of psychological bait and switch and a bit of a honey pot. They could run advertisements encouraging citizens to come out for a day of fun and see a parade. OPFOR will no doubt plan to hit the parade which can make things easier for infiltration of their ranks, uncovering of their networks, and draw them out. Day of citizens will run through security screening which will confine them into the area the parade takes place. Any overt attack on the parade can be repelled by the screening stations.
>>
>>52988954
By all accounts it will start as fun day with clowns and cotton candy, until that is the real parade starts. People will be sick, some will try to run only to find they have been walled in, any one gets any ideas a sniper can take them down. Yet the music keeps playing and the clowns keep dancing till their fear turns to anguish. There would be also some personal anguish as people begin to recognize individuals in the cages being lead to their death. Overall the sound of it would be such that everyone not attending will also panic. By the end of the parade, when the river is flowing, the audience would be broken and in prime condition to be released so they can pass on the stories to those would could only hear it. It would be interesting to see if citizens avoid the parade streets afterward. If they do it could be used a method of cordoning off populations, or maybe the screening stations and parade route was planned as to create a fortified perimeter with check points that people don't want to cross anyway as they will see the horror of the parade.
>>
We need an archive and a new thread. Who ever does it be sure to link the 1d4 as well as the last thread, and a run down for new blood in the OP.
>>
>>52989631
err threads not thread
>>
>>52989631
I'm working on a new thread header right now if someone else could archive
>>
Fresh baked bread
>>52989751
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.