[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 18

File: warstriders.png (1MB, 1000x506px) Image search: [Google]
warstriders.png
1MB, 1000x506px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where pants are optional.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Question of the thread: What do you think is the commonest plot type that Storytellers actually run?
Reclamation / the Yozis are getting out?
Deathlord doom plots?
Kingdom DIY?

Previous thread >>53055916
>>
Looking for some feedback on Sidereal/Lunar homebrew:

The Mad Occultation (Moonsilver OR Starmetal knife artifact 2)

Allows the user to perform the Mad Occultation sorcerous ritual, as though they were a celestial sorcerer.
Stats are otherwise as the Knife in the core book.

The Mad Occultation (Celestial spell)

Cost: Ritual, Special
Keywords: None
Duration: 5 Months

Binds the Po Souls of a Lunar and a Sidereal together, so they each know the health of the other, can recognise the other in any form, and if one dies, the other follows in a month.

Both Luna and Saturn bless and oversee this agreement, and will contest the deathblow if necessary.

Special: To fulfill this agreement, both participants must know and understand the agreement in full, untainted by illusions.

Development Notes:
I wanted something to back sidereal and lunar mixed groups, while side stepping a lot of the mixed hatred. Mutually Assured Destruction seemed to fit this. Plus the image of Luna and Saturn showing up to tear your soul between them.

Full details + fluff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1diRcO_47m8YkL_I9X4LSvPpzoaGpITEiqlVXDhXKmaI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>53115256

Sorcerous Artefacts are typically four dots. Check out the Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes for an example. This is also quite similar to one of the examples given in the Core for an Ambition 1 Celestial Working, so why not just use that instead?
>>
>>53115586
I kept it 2 dots because the knives / the ritual themselves are just entry keys to the N/A artifact embodied in the Contract stele.

Both sides wanted specifically to avoid this being just being a sorceous working / spell any sorceror could whip up or follow since there would be too much potential for hidden clauses to screw the other party over. For the same reason the keys/spell are extremely cheap

The full composite artifact/contract has a bunch traps and clauses precisely to prevent anyone making a fake copy of it, and any attempts to do so get flagged under Fate and the Lunar Fate webs.

The only real way to get out of a contract and/or prevent any trustful, temporary, Lunar Sidereal alliances in the current climate would be to locate and shatter all of the steles.

Some of the enemies of creation, including Rakan Thulio are attempting to do this.
>>
>>53115175
My group's doing a combination deathlord/kingdom DIY in the South.
>>
File: StylishHunter.jpg (877KB, 1081x1500px) Image search: [Google]
StylishHunter.jpg
877KB, 1081x1500px
>>53115175
>Question of the thread: What do you think is the commonest plot type that Storytellers actually run?
>Reclamation / the Yozis are getting out?

If they had ever played Exalted, they'd know this is quite literally impossible by the canon, but no, never had anyone run this, thankfully. I'd hate this kind of plot too, personally. I really do think the editions need to better hammer it home the Yozi are a dead plot thread, period.

>Deathlord doom plots?

Few plots were centered around this, though they did feature some Deathlords, they weren't the main antagonist.

>Kingdom DIY?

My absolute favorite. Literally, what Exalted is not only about, but what it is made for. I definitely prefer plots based around what YOU do.
>>
Is it possible to have Dragon-Blooded (Houses) as antagonist for mortals?

Which houses are the biggest assholes?
>>
File: ArmoredMage.jpg (630KB, 848x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ArmoredMage.jpg
630KB, 848x1024px
>>53116905

Yes, and all of them. They're all huge assholes, in different ways. DB Houses are pretty much the antagonists for the vast majority of the entire setting honestly.
>>
So, what's the biggest single attack a Supernal Melee chargen Solar can launch using only Melee Charms?
>>
>>53116940
Thanks for your answer

Are there houses that are particularly good as antagonists for mortals?
>>
File: BustyErika.png (2MB, 1138x1582px) Image search: [Google]
BustyErika.png
2MB, 1138x1582px
>>53117220

For the average person, probably Cynis, since they love drug dealing and all the stuff that comes with it. Probably has ton of illicit slave/sex dens all over, drugs everywhere, always on the lookout for more debauchery opportunities.
>>
>>53116728
>If they had ever played Exalted, they'd know this is quite literally impossible by the canon, but no, never had anyone run this, thankfully.

I think the only way someone would run this without it being an Infernals game is they'd been introduced to Exalted by Keychain Of Creation, which does have the threat of the Yozis getting out.

To be fair to KoC however, it only matters that the characters believe it might be possible, not that the Keys / the God of Locks could actually unleash them.
>>
>>53116728
>>53117398
I guess also the ST could come fresh from DnD, and believe the biggest possible threat makes the most compelling reason ("Orcus invades the Material Plane")

I think the best thing is not to point out the canon impossibility, but the fact that it shuts so many other stories down in favor of the cliched immediate Race to Preserve Creation itself.

Same issues with 2E Deathlord plots really - no room to have local adventures, without it being ultimately meaningless.
>>
Are Holden and Morke still liars? (I've been out of the loop)
>>
>>53117756
They're no longer developers of the Exalted line.

Vance and Minton are now developers.

So "Vance and Milton are X", what will X be? non-4channers?
>>
>>53117840

I guess my question is:

Are you, the Exalted fanbase, overjoyed with 3E? Merely satisfied? Mildly disatisfied? Disgusted?
>>
>>53117873
It's an improvement over 2e, so I'm satisfied in that regard. Is it perfect? No, but it's probably the best wuxia-style-tabletop-fighting-game-turned-RPG around.
>>
>>53117840
Reminder that Vance and Minton are un4chanate people?
>>
>>53116728
>If they had ever played Exalted, they'd know this is quite literally impossible by the canon

false

(it is SUGGESTED that the storyteller decide if it is possible and inform the players, and there was an unofficial retcon attempt as some dev backpedaled on a forum post and declared it impossible after too many people bitched about the very idea of it stealing their spotlight)
>>
>>53118431
No, in the original GoD, it was impossible for the Yozis to breakout. There was no wiggle room for them; they can only ever watch it and send smaller bits of themselves out. They deign to occasionally let lesser beings out only because of this, as if their demons were as bound (by their own efforts, no less), the Yozis would feel insulted that they "enjoyed" the same "status".
>>
Is anyone running Exalted online? The only game I can find is a 2e adventure path over at Roll20.
>>
>>53118602
I am.
>>
>>53118622
Got room?
>>
>>53118651
Depends.
>>
>>53118662
Friendly forever ST who prefers more social and cunning characters to those that solve problems by blowing them up. Free Mondays-Thursdays, voice or text.
>>
>>53118602

Just about to finish up a two year game myself.
>>
>>53116940
meh, they're not so bad. mostly it's that they oppose solars who'd be doing the same exact thing only bigger and shinier :eyeroll:
>>
>>53118540
Oh shit dog, you still clinging to 1e fluff? How's each of your motes being a nuclear bomb working for you?
>>
File: Granblue.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Granblue.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
I am going to bring Granblue Fantasy to Exalted. Not the story or characters. Just the setting. Hundreds of Sky Islands floating incredibly high over the Great Western Ocean. All connected by Skyships that if they fly too low stop working and fall out of the sky like a brick. When the ships hit the waves they are destroyed along with pretty much everyone on board. And if anyone survives and is rescued from drowning the people of the West think they are crazy from dehydration. The people in the Sky Islands have legends of the land down below that was destroyed in a cataclysm and about the Great War between the Creators and the Elemental Lords.

Might as well keep the stupid sexy beastmen and potatoes as well as Solar created mutants. The Dorafs were canonically a slave race for the Astrals.
>>
What do you like better? Fond Rememberance of Adrián or Purity of Madness Defense?
>>
>>53119016
>implying that was 1E fluff
>implying not sticking the purest rendition of the fluff isn't a good thing after 2E "JUST BLING MY SHIT UP BRO" and 3E's "We're going back to 1E fluff, so heres a bunch of shit that never existed in 1E and also we're gonna mangle the setting even more"
>>
>>53120420

The locations added in 3e were good though.

Dreaming Sea actually made the Southeast of Creation interesting, as before it was "GRASSLANDS, GRASSLANDS AND SAVANNA'S AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!"
>>
>>53119016
I don't know how it's that difficult to keep editions and their poorly-thought out sidebars straight, anon. We only have three of them, not some affair with original, red box, first, second, third, 3.5, etc.
>>
>>53118540
And then your Lunar unexalted for being in cities too much, right?
>>
>>53118874
They're also not any worse than the average mortal dynast, but that still makes them pretty damn bad. Whether they're bad or not isn't really all that important, though, because it isn't what determines whether they'll make good antagonists or not. The Dragon-Blooded of the Realm are part of a system that puts themselves and their empire on top at the expense of the rest of the world, and this obviously makes them good antagonist material. Many of the individual Dragon-Blooded working to uphold this system are honorable, admirable people who genuinely believe that the Realm's dominance is needed for the safety and stability of the Creation. These people are hardly villains, but they are still make for good antagonists. There are, of course, also plenty of Dragon-Blooded who are assholes. The prevailing system lets them get away with being such assholes, and even more morally upright DBs contribute to their assholery in a way, because of their efforts at maintainig the system.
>>
>>53121197
>and even more morally upright DBs contribute to their assholery in a way, because of their efforts at maintainig the system.

Hell, a certain amount of assholery is part of being morally upright under the Immaculate system; Dragon-Blooded are expected to lord their station over mortals to a certain degree. If you don't, that's not showing enough respect for your own place in the scheme of things.
>>
>>53121278
This is true to a degree. Ont he other hand, the Immaculate Faith also requires the Dragon-Blooded to actually give a shit about their mortal underlings and to set a good example to them, which many DBs more or less ignore.
>>
File: 1490990554935.gif (1MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490990554935.gif
1MB, 500x376px
>>53116940
I'm guessing you're providing this answer based on the 2E depiction of dragon-blooded, and you really shouldn't because that depiction was asinine and a strong majority of dragon-blooded were at least half-decent people. Power tends to corrupt and they have a lot of power, so they end up rather like Tony Soprano:

>Yeah, I inherited a lot of power and didn't directly do anything to gain it, but I have to work my ass off to keep it. Everyone wants to take my wealth, my status, and my life, including other Terrestrials. I'm no slouch, I don't have that luxury. So if a mortal gets any ideas about taking my spot, I'm gonna make an example out of them. Know your fucking place. And if you do know your place, I'll protect you from fey and demons and anathema and all manner of other fucked up shit, so be grateful. I'm your best option. Pay your taxes, asshole.

>>53117292

House Cynis is the exception to what I just said, though. Can't be the good guys when you wield opium as a strategic weapon.
>>
>>53121401
>Can't be the good guys when you wield opium as a strategic weapon.

Lies.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc99YY
>>
>>53121401
>House Cynis is the exception to what I just said, though. Can't be the good guys when you wield opium as a strategic weapon.
On the other hand Cynis Denovah Avaku is a pretty good guy, so individual members of House Cynis can be as decent as anyone else.
>>
>>53121491
I was about to say this. Thanks anon for posting it before me.
>>
>>53121197
>puts themselves and their empire on top at the expense of the rest of the world

Only a tiny number of mortals know that "anathema" are absolutely necessary for saving Creation, and an even smaller proportion of dragon-blooded know it. Hardly anyone knows how the Usurpation doomed Creation. Is it reasonable to say that terrestrials make good antagonists for mortals when neither party realizes that the Scarlet Empire will kill the world if it isn't dismantled?
>>
>>53121197
>These people are hardly villains

No, they're pretty clearly villains. As much as White Wolf used to like to pretend "muh moral ambiguity" was a thing in their games, pretty much everyone was laughably evil to the point of cartoon villainy levels. The DB's were no different. An incredibly corrupt system on all levels wholly devoted to putting the top 1% of the 1% over everything else (literally) that also engages in outright extortion of multiple countries. Plus nearly all of the example NPC's were outright titanic assholes.

They might as well all come with free twirling moustaches and black capes, and a free set of railroad tracks to tie your Lunar waifu to.
>>
Has anyone got the antagonist PDF yet?
>>
File: IMG_1575.jpg (123KB, 736x1081px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1575.jpg
123KB, 736x1081px
>Thinking about making a new style
>Spear-wielding style that's focused on being a Big Damn Hero. By which I mean it has charms that make people idolize you and gives bonuses to people fighting for you (i.e. Battle Groups), and also for making your enemy respect you and your ideology
>Of course, objective morality doesn't exist in Exalted like it does in DnD and similar games, so you could potentially use that to be a more villainous type with a cult of personality built around them
>Final technique is something that gives you bonuses based on how many people are cheering for you (i.e. How many people with positive Intimacies towards you are nearby), possibly with something to either give those people permanent buffs if you die (essentially passing the torch to them), or to come back from death once per story (essentially getting up to keep fighting for those cheering for you).
>Thinking about calling it Phoenix Style

What do you think /exg/? Okay concept?
>>
>>53121764
Yet the Mortals in the Realm live better lives then 99% of Creation. It may not be good by our standards of living but its better then nearly everywhere else in Creation.
>>
>>53121792

Back from death may be a stretch, but the rest sound good.
>>
>>53121792
Why spear-wielding? I think a style that uses gladiator weapons would make more sense. People root for gladiators.
>>
>>53121764

I refer you to >>53121401
>>
>>53121817

Even that is exaggerated to a good degree. Ironically, the probable best people in the Realm are IO Monks that are actually trying to help people (VS guys like Peleps Necksnapper), and even then they're some of the most misguided motherfuckers in the game.

>>53121856
>>53121401

The problem with what he is saying is the DB's don't do what he's saying. And plenty of them are decadent assholes who don't have to work for shit. The most competition in a DB's life comes from schooling age, where they all try their damndest to be the good Exalt son/daughter (despite the fact they have no actual influence over that whatsoever in terms of whether they actually Exalt), and even then they're a bunch of horrible douchebags to each other, up to and including throwing each other off cliffs.

Like I said, they're all laughably cartoonishly bad for the most part. But for every 1 "sorta good guy maybe" they throw into the fluff you get 5 to 10 Mnemon's throwing their weight around.
>>
>>53121913

Oh, and what I'm saying also tends to apply to everyone else. Even Solars have cartoonishly bad motherfuckers rolling around like Havesh the Vanisher.
>>
>>53121913
>Even that is exaggerated to a good degree

Its not. The rest of Creation is just that bad. The only place I can think of that might be better and is horribly subjective is Paragon. Fucking. Paragon.
>>
>>53121950

Realm peasants get literacy and replace "God/fae/whatever killed/ate/raped me" with "DB's killed/ate/raped me". Which given some of the laws in the Realm shown in the books about what happens if a DB does bad things to the lessers, probably happens way more often than you'd think given they saw fit to mention such laws in the first place.
>>
>>53122023
Yet less then the rest of Creation.
>>
>>53121491
Can't be the good guys when you wield opium as a strategic weapon. :^)
>>
>>53122044

Realm peasants get longer lifespans in return for living under an oppressive regime that is literally about to go to war with itself any time now in the game. When that shoe drops it's going to get much worse really fast.
>>
>>53121820
Eh, I see where you're coming from, but then again there's two charms already that do that, also at once per story (the persona capstone charm and Doombots). But I'll admit, getting bonuses from supporters and then giving those bonuses to your supporters if you die may be more thematic.

>>53121831
I dunno, for some reason spears just kinda strike me as a "heroic" type of weapon, maybe because of their association with knights. Swords could also fall under that category, since they show up all the time in stories about fantasy heroes. What do you have in mind though? The only type of weapon I can think of that I'd call a gladiator weapon would be a net and trident, and catching someone in a net just to stab them while they're caught doesn't seem to fit the "awe-inspiring hero (or at least, his supporters think he's a hero)" theme.
>>
>>53121913
See, the problem with this argument is that I'd have to re-read a LOT of text to confirm or deny what you're saying. As far as I remember, terrestrials were okay people in 1E and weren't allowed to become lax. Join the army, join the bureaucracy, or join the Immaculate Order. If you join the army you're making war and may be tapped to hunt down anathema, behemoths, and other high profile targets. If you join the bureaucracy you have to deal with political back-stabbing and corruption, even if you're corrupt yourself. If you join the Order you have to serve the general populace in some spiritual faction. You might perform rites or hunt anathema or whatever, but you're still working.

They did grow up fucking with each other, they often are decadent, and they sometimes murder each other, but they still have to fight the fae, keep their client kingdoms relatively unmolested by external forces, keep the peace, hunt anathema, etc.

>>53121950
Lookshy treats its serfs decently and the citizens have to earn their citizenship. Whitewall is nice. An-Teng and the Varangian city states. Chiascuro. Halta. Come to think of it, what you just said is complete bullshit.
>>
>>53122101
Gladiators did use spears as well as short swords, daggers, shields, trident, nets, and cesti, but what really made a gladiator was how much skin he left exposed and how decorative his armor was. He was supposed to impress you with his courage. One arm and the shoulder would be armored, he'd wear a helmet and shin guards, and pick weapons that were interesting.

Fun fact: Cesti were banned from gladiatorial fights because of how fucking lethal they were to a man without armor.
>>
>>53122096
Lets just ignore the past 600 years of peace for the Realm peasants then for a crisis now.

>>53122117
You would really want to live in ANY of those over the Realm? Really? Fucking really? In the Realm you get amazing weather. Safety. And will always have something to eat. Realm food banks prevent you from starving to famine (which virtually never happens) and as long as you or your family do not commit any crimes or do anything outside of your basic farm life you can live a nice long life. It may be a boring existence but the chances of anything happening to you is virtually nil. And if you seek adventure of excitement you could always join the legions. Things may be different in the current time with the Realm Civil war gearing up but everywhere in Creation is fucked at the moment. The further out in the Threshold you are the quicker the chances of you being put into a Solar's Torture Garden.
>>
Sell me on 3e. I liked (not loved) 2e but I really do love 2.5, but from what I saw of early 3e material several of the game's problems are even worse. So, what's better? Why should I choose to learn 3e and try to pitch it to my group?
>>
>>53122241
II should have phrased my response differently, you misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to say that the Realm isn't a better place to live than the rest of Creation, I was just refuting:

>The rest of Creation is just that bad.

The rest of Creation is not universally a shithole. Some places are okay and a couple are pretty nice, like Whitewall.
>>
>>53122211
Hm. Alrighty then. Although I'll admit, I was considering allowing heavy armor just because I figured a heavily armor knight-type would fit in with the style (and also because styles with heavy armor are woefully rare).
>>
>>53122278

The rules are a fuckton better, which is the primary reason and the whole reason you should've swapped over already. It cannot be stated how bad 2E's rules were, they were steaming dog shit since day 1.

The fluff in 3E is about the same overall, better in some areas (more places! bigger world! less retardation overall! etc), worse in others (more Exalt types for no fucking reason! Who gives a fuck!).
>>
>>53122362
Rather than focusing on a gladiator theme, why not focus on a "Heroic" theme, as you indicated in the beginning. Or perhaps simply just a "showy" or "inspiring" one. A gladiator's barely-armored form inspires his men because he is a fearless hero, unafraid of their weaponry. Similarly, a full-plated warrior stands confidently at the forefront of his army, poised and invincible in his shining armor.

Of course, full disclosure, I also think there are too few heavy-armor-compatible martial arts and I would love to see people making more.
>>
>>53122278
3E is objectively better overall, though the core is all we have so far. The basic appeal of 3E is that it doesn't require piles and piles of errata to fix. The charms are generally well balanced and the way the sub-systems interact means that there are multiple valid ways to solve problems. Paranoia combat isn't a thing because combat is neither too lethal nor too defensive. Dexterity and wits are slightly more useful than the other attributes in their categories, but they definitely aren't god stats the way dexterity was in 2E. 3E is more mechanically sound in every way.
>>
>>53122362
Then make a knight style, that would certainly work. Just keep in mind that there aren't really any chivalrous feudal kingdoms in the setting, so you'd have to come up with a backstory for its genesis that took that into account. Maybe the character who created the style envisions a new way of life and a new nation to embody it?
>>
>>53122423
We had a lot of bad games with 2e and 2.5, getting them to try 3e has taken a long time.
>>
>>53122673

The sooner you jump into 3E the better then. It's not some perfect god system to rule them all or anything, but it is a marked, 100% improvement in terms of rules.

The only weak spots are it still using the fucking awful BP based char-gen (because hurr "sistem mastaree", thanks Holden and Morke, you fucks) that you all know and associate with every White Wolf (and former WW) product ever, and the Craft system, which is pretty shit but not because it's mechanically unsound, but because Craft is just never fun in any game system and this is basically the Skyrim method of crafting (ie: "Make 100 Iron Daggers and then shit out Killblazer, Sword of 1000 Fuckenings").
>>
>>53122724
Mmmm, there are more places where criticism can validly be given. The Wyld-Shaping Technique tree should've been pruned down and made part of craft, replacing some of its charms. The naval combat system sucks ass. Thaumaturgy shouldn't even exist anymore. The Bridge mechanic in Integrity is shit. And then there's just the fact that we have so little to work with when creating adversaries after four goddamn years.
>>
>>53122724
>which is pretty shit but not because it's mechanically unsound, but because Craft is just never fun in any game system and this is basically the Skyrim method of crafting (ie: "Make 100 Iron Daggers and then shit out Killblazer, Sword of 1000 Fuckenings").

It is mechanically unsound, you slimy, stinky peasant: the craft XP is lost upon crafting Killblazer, Sword of Fuckening. In skyrim, you craft 100 Iron Daggers to level up your corresponding abilities, in Exalted, the craft XP represents how 'hyped' you are for craft.

It's like sex. You craft painfully 100 Iron Daggers with a story and someone who needs one to get your dick going, and it feels good, it is extended, and then in one splurge you cum your sword of fuckening, and then you are flaccid again.

If that's not the very definition of mechanically unsound, you live in a very strange place.
>>
>>53122278

3e is worse than 2.0e in every way.

- Charm bloat out the fucking ass.
- Horrible subsystems (Craft, Leadership, social [takes forever just to ask someone to go down the street])
- More fucking resources to track in combat
- Rocket tag isn't fixed in the slightest (You can trivally kill someone in one hit or use one of your several dozen "lol i do decisive without it actually bring one!!!1" charms)

People here have drunk the kool-aid too deeply. Avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>53123028
>Charm bloat

OH YEAH 'CAUSE THAT ISN'T PRESENT IN 2.5 TO AN EVEN WORSE EXTENT

>Horrible subsystems

See above. Craft is worse in 2.5 because it can break the game with much less effort than in 3E and 2.5 just doesn't have a decent mass warfare system. Also, the social system is pretty good in 3E in my opinion.

>More fucking resources to track in combat

What resources would those be? Initiative is only one resource. Mote regeneration is simplified.

>Rocket tag

You can bust out a first turn decisive with certain charms, but you can't actually kill or incapacitate your opponent with one hit. Not even a heroic mortal.
>>
>>53123221
>You can bust out a first turn decisive with certain charms, but you can't actually kill or incapacitate your opponent with one hit. Not even a heroic mortal.

You *can*, you just need to spend most of your resources to do it. Even at essence 5, wiping a mortal off the face of the earth turn one requires a solid 1/5-1/3 of your mote pool depending on what you're packing.
>>
>>53123402
Which ignore the fact that said mortal might be a trivial opponent who you kill in 1 hit with no charms using your withering damage pool anyway.
>>
>>53123437
That other guy proooobably wasn't talking about that.
>>
>>53123221
Ya took the bait.
>>
File: IMG_1665.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1665.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>53123028
I'd argue with you, but I don't feel like waiting for you to run out of motes for perfect defense spam.
>>
>>53123221
>2.5 charm bloat
That edition had a shitton of charms, but at least most of them had a purpose. There were some that were bad, but it had this thing called essence expansion, where at a certain level new abilities were added onto an existing charm, rather than make a new one. Alchemicals (the best splat) had the same thing with submoules. No need to make new charms, just expand on older ones. What does 3e have? Here's an example.

Whispered Prayer of Judgement
After using an aim action, the Solar may use this to charge his shot with wrathful Essence, adding (Essence) damage to the attack.

THAT is the Archery capstone. A damage adder, that could have been an expansion to any other charm in the tree, a minor secondary ability to something actually worth taking. But no, in 3e, this is an Archery 5, Essence 5 charm that has to be it's own thing, for no reason I can see besides being an XP sink. 2.5 had it's problems, but to say 3e fixed charm bloat is just retarded.
>>
>>53123015
>Sex is mechanically unsound

Thanks, /tg/
>>
What Charms would each Exalt type use to dispose of a corpse, or any other similarly large body of evidence?
>>
>>53123221
>2e core, 18 Melee charms
>3e core, 38 MELEE CHARMS
Nigger what?
>>
>>53123956
To continue, we'll just cover the rest of Dawn Caste, because I don't have patience for all 5 castes, but not MA charms, then you're getting into what styles count and it's bullshit, keep it simple.

>2e Archery: 13 charms
>3e Archery: 28 charms

>2e Thrown: 8 charms
>3e Thrown: 24 charms

>2e War: 9 charms
>3e War: 17 charms

SO PLEASE, TELL ME HOW 3E FIXED CHARM BLOAT.
>>
>>53123956
How many Solar Melee charms are there across all of 2.Xe?
>>
>>53124027
I don't think that's a fair comparison. We are examining the core book, and there can always bee more melee charms that come out later in 3e. If we are only going to examine 3e's core, then we should only examine 2e's core as well.

I agree that 3e is miles ahead of 2e, but saying that it's better in terms of charm bloat is just retarded.
>>
>>53121696
>Hardly anyone knows how the Usurpation doomed Creation.
Gold Faction pls go.
>>
File: alveua gigantic penis.jpg (28KB, 315x800px) Image search: [Google]
alveua gigantic penis.jpg
28KB, 315x800px
>>53123903
Designing craft after sex triggers me far more than any rape ghost charm.

I don't want to cum weapons after a lengthy love making with iron daggers. It's filthy, it's stinky, there's mess everywhere, no one really knows how to do it correctly, except the one with STDs. At this cost you should summon demon to do it for you, Alveua is a cute pie who do it 24/24 and is far better at it than you.
>>
>>53124039
I wasn't looking to make a fair comparison, I was just wondering how many there were.
>>
>>53124065
Those shoulders trigger the fuck out of me despite knowing that Alveua is supposed to be partially a bug girl with weird joints.
>>
keep in mind that the kind of retard who likes 2e and hates 3e is almost invariably in love with infernals (particularly devil tigers) or magitech and thinks exalted should be about piloting the sun, which is a giant spaceship, so you and your essence 10 circle can drop kick the ebon dragon back into malfeas when he breaks out again this week
>>
>>53124027
>>53124077
Fuck, I don't even begin to pretend to know what charms are in all the books, but the Ink Monkey book added 19, Glories Unconquered Sun added 5, and Lords of Creation added only 3.
>>
>>53124140
Fuck you, I like 2.5 and dislike 3e, but Infernals are trash. Alchemicals and magitech are the shit though.
>>
>>53124149
>I like 2.5
Translation: "MMMH! I SURE DO LOVE THE TASTE OF SHIT! WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS EATING ALL THIS SHIT WITH ME? IT'S GREAT! I LOVE ALL THIS SHIT! SHIT IS SO GREAT, I JUST WANNA SHOVEL IT ALL IN MY MOUTH!"

Alchemicals and magitech are pretty cool, tho
>>
>>53124173
Hey, when 3e adds enough material to have even half the variety 2.5 did, I'll be all in. But when I can get magic, sci fi, power armor, airships, lightsabers, wuxia, and Power Rangers: Avatar Edition in 2.5, why would I quit playing it? No system is flawless, but I can accept that to get all this cool stuff. What can you play as in 3e? Solars. 2.5?

Solars
Lunars
Infernals (bleh)
Abyssals
Terrestrials
Alchemicals
Heroic mortals
Gods
Dragon Kings
Jadeborn

There's just more to it, what's so wrong with liking that?
>>
>>53124244
You forgot to list the Fae and Ghost/Godblooded.
>>
>>53124253
Thank you. Plus half-castes, which are very similar to godbloods but have completely different story opportunities. When 3e lets me play a half-caste Solar who puts on a suit of celestial battle armor and pretends to be a full Exalt to lead the Wyld Hunt away from the village their Medicine specialist mother is trying to cure of a soul-eating virus that mutates every 5 minutes to avoid being cured, let me know. Let me know when 3e lets me play teenage impostor Iron Man.
>>
>>53124289
>Wanting to play a half-caste
>Liking half-caste
You just really enjoy showing off how much you like shit, don't you?
>>
>>53124612
It's not about which you prefer, it's about having the choice.
>>
File: Coffee.png (85KB, 261x262px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.png
85KB, 261x262px
>>53124620
>Likes having choice
>Complains about how many charms there are in 3e
>>
>>53124629
I said that saying 3e fixed charm bloat was wrong.
>>
File: You triggered me.jpg (386KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
You triggered me.jpg
386KB, 640x960px
>>53124289
>Half-castes
Pic related. With RAW you conceive one every time you have a child with a mortal, assuming you're Essence 4+ and a celestial exalt. Half-castes can reach Essence 3, which means they're capable of terrestrial sorcery, Wyld-Shaping Technique, Harmonious Academic Methodology, and Tiger Warrior Training Technique. They can use celestial martial arts without penalty and can reach Shockwave Technique in Solar Hero Form, for instance.

Half-castes obviate the need for terrestrials, because they can run magical empires so much better.
>>
File: 1416281717629.jpg (154KB, 1412x850px) Image search: [Google]
1416281717629.jpg
154KB, 1412x850px
>>53124289
>When 3e lets me play a half-caste Solar who puts on a suit of celestial battle armor
>...
>Let me know when 3e lets me play teenage impostor Iron Man.

It's not like there are special rules for it in the core EX3 book, but there's nothing really stopping you from doing this now. Not that Anon, not even an Anon who cares what edition you're playing, but citing you can't rollplay something - not because the mechanics don't allow it, not because it's no longer possible in the fluff, but because your specific case doesn't have a unique set of mechanics to uniquely represent your specific circumstance (am I right? I don't know?) seems odd to me?
>>
File: carmelina (granblue fantasy).jpg (130KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
carmelina (granblue fantasy).jpg
130KB, 600x847px
>>53119155
Dorafs are 2looooooood.
>>
Am I reading this wrong or is the 2e prodigy merit actually worse than not having it until you've already got 5 in the ability, and then only to not quite break the cap by adding 1 more dice?
That it's only worth the xp at essence 6 with 6 dots in the ability?
>>
>>53121696
>the Usurpation doomed Creation

if you're talking about that time we kicked the primordials in the dick so the sun could do crack then yes.

if you're talking about the solars getting kicked in the dick then lol. the only problems that caused were FIRST caused by solars(mostly deathlords...who were solars who sold their souls to the neverborn for revenge...the neverborn solars themselves woke up) so the only real problem with the usurpation is that it didn't happen sooner. if only the solars had gotten dickpunched before the black nadar concordant and/or before they became big enough assholes for conky to crall ALL the way into his crackpipe. trouble is the gold stars stalled too long.
>>
>>53125214
Your image is misleading, it's 2lood because it was drawn by Asanagi, not because it has Doraf
>>
>>53121780
why would i pay $1 for a single character(which is almost certainly poorly made just like 2e's scroll of exalts) when I can get a hundred pregen solars by starting a forum thread called "hey, share your character concept with us, post charsheets"

>>53121913
>they're some of the most misguided motherfuckers in the game.

I've seen what solar PCs get up to. don't lie annon
>>
>>53124289
halfcastes are retarded. you want a dynasty, play dragonblooded

>>53123903
it...kindof is when you think about it
I demand somebody rewrite the sex rules to make it less pointlessly weird and grindy
>>
>>53125573
>you want a dynasty, fuck dragonblooded

FTFY
>>
File: Narmaya Summer.png (208KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
Narmaya Summer.png
208KB, 960x800px
>>53125419

>implying Dorafs are not 2lewd on their own merits

OFFICIAL ART.
>>
>>53121696
>Usurpation doomed Creation

No it didn't. I hate 3rd edition trying to go with "Sidereals and DragonBlooded wanted power for themselves". Why I hate it and why it is funny is there is still a Great Curse mechanic in the game.

I still prefer old editions' basic lore. Primordials made a great Curse (and good luck removing something made by most potent beings in existence). Solar became more batshit crazy with each century they were alive. There were 3 possible futures with these fuckers in charge. Two fucking horrible and one bearable. Guess what Sidereals chose? It wasn't for power, it wasn't for greed. It was so existence could continue to exist.

Also I see how sidereals are enjoying the new power. 100 fuckers trying day and night to keep creation from fucking itself up. It was so worth it.

In my mind there was also another option. Order 66 every hundred or so years. But it doesn't make a good setting to play in.
>>
>>53125760
>I hate 3rd edition trying to go with "Sidereals and DragonBlooded wanted power for themselves"
What? Where is this from?
>>
>>53125806

it is just general feeling I got from reading the corebook.
>>
>>53125953
>The Solars had labored for millennia under a great curse lain upon them by the vanquished enemies of the gods. In time the Solars grew wicked, deceitful and mad; their magnanimity turned to spite, their justice to tyranny. They
began to turn against their subjects and each other, and the world was soon threatened by the very sorceries and machinations the Solars had used to protect it. As civil war loomed, the other Exalted saw no choice but to remove their masters. The Dragon-Blooded rose up against the Solars and slew them as they feasted the
turning of the year.

That's the impression you got from "The Solars grew wicked"?
>>
>>53125953

It's still the Great Curse, man. Without the Great Curse, everything would have been fine forever. Unfortunately, the Solars went batshit.
>>
>>53125970

mostly it is about the writing and how in differs from edition to edition. If I didn't have previous knowledge I would say setting history in 3rd edition corebook is poorly written compared to previous editions. It lacks the details. Previous corebooks give clearer picture.

For example Great Curse.
1st edition = detailed definition what would happen in two shitty scenarios (one is trying to reform the Solars and failing).
2nd edition = still two shitty scenarios (one is trying to reform Solars and having small success. This wasn't a part before)
3rd edition = doesn't give you examples of shitty futures and goes straight for "when we seen all future we think killing them is the best option"
>>
>>53126104
I don't have previous knowledge, I've come in at 3rd and it was very apparent to me. I mean, it just says it in black and white right there.
>>
How many of these new antagonist pdfs are out and where can I find them?
>>
>>53126197

One. You can buy it here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210741/Adversaries-of-the-Righteous-Harrowing-Silence?cPath=8329_24225

It hasn't been posted here in full but someone dumped the text: https://pastebin.com/nWSGkM8D
>>
>>53125716
that's good too
>>
>>53121764
So, you never read 1E's Aspect Books, then? You should, they're some of the best material written for Exalted.
>>
>>53125760
I really fcuking hate the Great Curse. It's just so completely unnecessary. History of the setting without the Great Curse would look exactly like history if the setting with Great Curse.
>>
>>53126018
>forever

except theres a pretty strong argument to be made that looking at the solars, they'd have done most of those horrible things anyway. that's why the curse is so hard to recognize in setting
>>
>>53121153
Never a rule, only a rumor on the order of THIS IS WHAT HARDCORE POLITICAL BARBARIANS REALLY BELIEVE. It was from the storytelling chapter, too, the same place where it advises STs to differentiate players by weapon choice and that they would all be blowing any money they found on ale and whores.

>>53121817
The mortals just change having to deal with Fair Folk or gods for living under a giant culture of megalomaniacs aggrandized by a religion, and their miniscule scraps of additional well-being come at the expense of everyone in every satrapy in the Threshold.

>>53122241
600 years of peace? Did you not read about the revolts and uprisings that happened over the Realm's history? Ragara had to pay a fortune to import food when peasants refused to work the fields at one point. And the food certainly wasn't for everybody.

>>53123780
Underrated post.
>>
>>53127645

why do you hate it? It gives a perfect explanation and reason why things went the way they did. Hell, even with Great Curse some people are defending Solars and feel there was no reason for them to be betrayed.

I prefer exalted were everyone has logical standpoint for their actions. Realm being evil for evil's sake is just silly.

Removing the Great Curse leads to "Help. Help. I'm being oppressed." While if you have it you can actually see why people are trying to constantly kill you. Yes you can usher new hope but you are also a ticking atom-bomb with broken timer that goes off on random occasions.
>>
>>53127803
>The mortals just change having to deal with Fair Folk or gods for living under a giant culture of megalomaniacs aggrandized by a religion
This is pretty much objectivly a good trade.

> and their miniscule scraps of additional well-being come at the expense of everyone in every satrapy in the Threshold
Aside from the laughably misguided use of the word 'miniscule', this is a fair point. It is, in fact, THE point abiut the Realm. It's pretty cool for the people living in it, but it's pretty terrible as far as people outside of it are concerned. This is also why Dynasts make for good antagonists without most of them being all that villainous. They obviously get to see the best of the Realm, not the worst of it, and it is entirely reasonable for someone who grew up as a member of the Dynasty to honestly see the Realm as a force of good, an embodiment of civilization and stability, something worth fighting for. The Realm is evil, but it isn't evil because its nobility wakes up every day all eager to commit some atrocities and oppress some peasants.
>>
>>53127645
Whilst I agree you could probably get the history done without it, it's good for lending that "anime" to the characters. You get to be oppressed and have a reason to cover up what you are.
>>
>>53127805
>why do you hate it? It gives a perfect explanation and reason why things went the way they did.
It is a completely unnecessary explanation. It's just not necessarily the best idea ever ot give a bunch of oppressed barbarians phenomenal cosmic power, throw them in the middle of the most terrible and traumatic war ever to take place, and after the war give them the world to rule with no oversight and plenty of subjects singing their praise. That is enough to lead to everything that went wrong with the First Age. No Curse is required.
>>
>>53127803
>The mortals just change having to deal with Fair Folk or gods for living under a giant culture of megalomaniacs aggrandized by a religion

That is base everywhere. Everyone is under supernatural protection of some capricious asshole. In the Realm though you hardly ever see the fuckers unless you live near an estate. Most of the time you are dealing with bureaucratic mortals. Whereas your local god or spirit anywhere else is a very local being and may ask for specific sacrifices.

>and their miniscule scraps of additional well-being come at the expense of everyone in every satrapy in the Threshold

And that is bad for Realm Citizens why? Hell it sounds like the West in the real world. Just replace the Realm with America and Threshold with Africa/Asia.

>600 years of peace? Did you not read about the revolts and uprisings that happened over the Realm's history?

Uprisings by the local citizens is not the same as a war. Not all peasants uprise. You would barely notice unless you were either in the government or one of the people uprising.

>Ragara had to pay a fortune to import food when peasants refused to work the fields at one point. And the food certainly wasn't for everybody

Well the Peasants should fucking farm then. You are blaming a food shortage that happened because the people who create the food refused to create the food and so starved because they refused to make the food. This sounds again like first world problems where as elsewhere in Creation you are lucky to get good harvests and just survive another year.
>>
>>53127999
>No Curse is required.

Yes. No Curse is required. But without a Curse you go into debate was removing them really necessary. "Victors write the history. We were actually glorious lords, righteous rulers. Cunts wanted power so they overthrown us."
>>
>>53128019
>Uprisings by the local citizens is not the same as a war. Not all peasants uprise.
Peasant uprisings in the Realm also haven't been protrayed as a particularly common occurence. The Empress ruled for 763 years, some local uprisings in that time just mean that she isn't a complete Mary Sue.
>>
>>53128058
Nobody who took part in the Usurpation knows about the Curse. None of the returned Solars know about the Curse. Debate about whether removing the Solars is also not a bad thing.
>>
>>53128058

Also Great Curse serves three purposes.

1. Explanation why they were imprisoned
2. You can't fight extremely powerful beings and not suffer some sort of wound or malady.
3. We are talking about White Wolf. Every setting gives players some flaws. All interesting characters in entertainment are flawed in some way and they succeed despite those flaws or they try to rise above it.
>>
>>53128121
>Debate about whether removing the Solars is also not a bad thing.
No. It has been answered a looong time ago and any attempt to claim difderently is just stupid Solar fanbow wank.
>>
>>53126273
They seriously want money for this? The fucking Charms even still have stupid flavortext and there's nothing you couldn't do with just the corebook.
Did they change their name to WhiteJew?
>>
>>53128121

They don't know about Great CurseTM. They know that Solars started going crazy in many different ways. You have Exalted that can see into Future and Destinity and they have ability to shape the future. What they seen was "We don't know what the reason for them going batshit crazy is. We can't fix it. If we continue this course, creation is doomed. If we kill them, Creation will continue the exist. Dilemma, dilemma."
>>
>>53128164
Considering that the Vision of Gold was a possbile outcome, no it hasn't. Even if it was, the point would be that there is no particular reason why there shouldn't be any debate about the Usupration. Its necessity if not a question that needs a definitive answer.
>>
>>53127483

Seconded.

I thought I'd hate them as I dislike the DB political family BS, but the books were so well done I could easily look paste that.
>>
>>53128192

There will be non Solar antagonists in the future. When all of them are published, a single anthology contain all of them will be released.
>>
>>53128194
Solars mad with power and hubris are no different from Solars mad with the Great Curse, not from an in-setting perspective. The potential courses of action to deal with them are the same, the potential outcomes - which include the Vision of Gold, don't forget about that. Nothing changes form an in-setting perspective. A coupe of things change from an out-of-setting persoective: First Age Solars only have themselves to blame for their atrocities, and it's up to the new Solars themselves whether they'll learn from the past or just repeat it.
>>
>>53125760
>Two fucking horrible and one bearable. Guess what Sidereals chose?

The wrong one. The actual correct choice was to try to fix everything, because it was the (and this is important) the Exalted choice.

They chose the easiest way out, the worst possible thing you can do in Exalted.
>>
>>53128203
>Considering that the Vision of Gold was a possbile outcome, no it hasn't.
That doesn't change anything. There can be a Vision of gold even if it has only a 1% chance of happening. Are you telling me gambling on a 1 to 100 chance is the right move? Don't be absurd.
>>
>>53127483
>So, you never read 1E's Aspect Books, then?

Yeah, the same Aspect Books showing just how much of a cunt Mnemon is and stuff like the guy banging his mother. Yeah, that really paints them in a great light.
>>
>>53128270
>Victors write the history. We were actually glorious lords, righteous rulers. Cunts wanted power so they overthrown us."
>Help. Help. I'm being oppressed.

All that talk about us being tyrants is just propaganda to smear our reputation.

This is what will happen if you remove Great Curse. Players never see themselves as villains. Even with the Great Curse some people will go with "Solars did nothing wrong. World is in the wrong."

>53128140 also this
>>
>>53128372
Don't shift the goalposts. The question was about the necessity of the Usurpation. The fact that there was another option, even if it was unlikely to succeed, means there is room for debate about its necessity, both in and out of the setting. Aside from that, do note the rest of my post. Even if the Usupration was currently unambiguosly necessary, this would not imply that leaving that debate open instead would be a bad thing.
>>
>>53128359
Option one: We do nothing. World is fucked.
Option two: We try to fix them. Doesn't work. World is fucked.
Option three: Kill the Solars. No more 1st Age but Creation continues to exist.
>>
>>53128140
>3. We are talking about White Wolf. Every setting gives players some flaws.

Never have I hated anything more than White Wolf's "WE'RE GONNA FORCE YOU TO ROLEPLAY, BUT ONLY IN THE WAYS WE WANT" mechanics. Christ, that shit was possibly the least roleplaying centric stuff ever, because all it encourages is absolutely fucking nothing at it's best because it forces actions upon you, and at it's worst it's an enabler for players to be assholes to each other under the guise of "hurr durr but it SEZ I do dis lol". It's bad mechanics, plain and simple. White Wolf as a company was a fucking blight upon it's players with shit like this. Next you'll say BP character gen was a good idea,

>All interesting characters in entertainment are flawed in some way

This is also completely untrue.
>>
>>53128457
>1

Correct.

>2 and 3

Incorrect. You read wrong. They went for the option with the best odds, that didn't mean 2 would fail, it just meant 3 had a better chance of working. Like I said, they chose the wrong path, and ate shit for it.
>>
>>53128389
Yes, anon, the Aspect Books where every NPC aside from Mnemon was someone other than Mnemon. The Aspect Books where most characters were actual human beings, relatable, some of the sympathetic, some of them admirable. Aspect Books where several Dragon-Blooded of each Aspect gave their opinions about mortals, most of these opinions being something other that "lol peasants best be grateful I considered your daughter good enough to rape". Aspect Books where Tepet Arada talked about respect between Exalted and mortals being a two-way street, where plenty of Dragon-Blooded gave their own non-selfish reasosn for finding the Realm something great and worthy. Those are the Aspect Books I'm talking about. How about giving them an actual read, this time with some thought?
>>
>>53128501
1st edition: In another future, the sidereals attempted to reform the Solar Exalted but failed, and the Realm was thorn by vast civil war, until the world was little more the a splintered ruin over which the tide of Fair Folk swept like a great river.

2nd edition: In another, they tried to guide the Solar Exalted back onto the path of righteousness and had a small chance of success, though the world would become a place of darkness and misery if they failed.

So as I said they tried to fix it and that didn't work. Second edition is "We can waste time by trying to fix it. Small chance it will work. And if it doesn't work we basically doomed Creation."

So in their way they didn't went with "you know what. Just murder the fuckers". They tried to find a future where they can cure them. But do you want to risk everything to save a few?
>>
>>53127645
The Great Curse is one of the only in game reasons that you can't just say the new Solars are the "good guys", what's wrong with that?
>>
>>53128591
>But do you want to risk everything

Thats Exalted, risking it all and winning.
>>
>>53128503
>>53127483

Sesus Nagezzer for vice-president (because he doesn't want to be the president)
>>
>>53128614
Or losing. I mean, an actual possibility of failure is a part of what 'risk' means, and being an Exalt doesn't change this
>>
>>53128599

people don't like shown in negative light.
>>
>>53128664
People are capable of coming up with flawed characters themselves. If they aren't, they will either do their best to ignore the Curse, not enjoy the thins it brings to table, or consider Limit Breaks something separate from their character.
>>
>>53128359
>The wrong one. The actual correct choice was to try to fix everything, because it was the (and this is important) the Exalted choice.

The issue there is that they were playing with much greater stakes than most exalts will ever do.

That and 'Taking the long shot' isn't inherently the exalted option. Their option was no less exalted than any other, especially when the 'less exalted option' as you put it involved needing to kill every single solar, which is a pretty epic task.
>>
>>53128702
>not enjoy the thins it brings to table

All it's brought to the table for 2 editions now was literally RNG-based Full Retard Moments. It's possibly the one thing I've ever seen that is near universally disliked in Exalted because of how poorly it was done, which is a surprise given how poorly a lot of mechanics in Exalted were done.
>>
I think the great curse would work better if it was more nuance than 'You reach a point where all you wanna do is kick puppies for a few days to calm down and go back to a perfect paragon of virtue'.

Something a bit more like the Infernal system, where letting it build up to 10 is a lot worse but there are ways to vent it by acting in your worse nature.
>>
>>53128710
>Their option was no less exalted than any other, especially when the 'less exalted option' as you put it involved needing to kill every single solar, which is a pretty epic task

A running theme in Exalted is that sure, you can always murder your problems, but things will probably only get worse by doing so.
>>
>>53128786

>A running theme in Exalted is that sure, you can always murder your problems, but things will probably only get worse by doing so.

That's not always true. I mean, we have at least 1 caste per book that is 'Murdering my problems is my best option'.

In exalted it's about risk and the possibility of things getting worse based on your actions. Not murdering your problems can be just as bad an idea as murdering them.
>>
>>53128779
I've been wanting to rework Limit as a building up to the eventual explosion so that you don't go from Limit 9, perfectly nice guy, to Limit 10, murder babies because they looked at you wrong. It seems to sudden of a change to not be noticed.

I'm not really sure how I'd want to do it. Levying penalties to various things seems like it would lead weird interactions. It can't affect anything outside the Solar like Resonance can, it's gotta be all internal.
>>
>>53125341
I'd think it was intended for people who sunk all their ability dots into the subject from the start, except then the xp discount still doesn't help until after your first century.
>>
>>53128058
except people are idiots and do that anyway
>>
>>53128710
>which is an epic task

don't forget also "build container to imprison un-imprisonable shards" and "actually catch all the shards to stuff into our impossible prison after we've killed the solar out from under it"

I mean it'd probably have been easier to somehow force the newly exalted solars into the bottle and push it outside time than to kill the solars and catch the exaltations and bottle those directly
>>
>>53128779
you're thinking of abyssals. infernals have solar limit breaks, but they break so hard the rest of the circle does it with them and so does their pet npc and also their army and/or slaves and maybe also some other guys who just happened to be standing nearby (but the limit is also really easy to manage by intentionally being a supervillain so you almost never need to let it get that bad)
>>
>>53128779
which is why I really don't get why people hated resonance and felt the need to replace it with death flavored a solar clone (shards rules iirc) that removed that venting mechanic
>>
>>53129031
that's why I liked how alchemicals did it
>>
>>53129667
Alchemicals did literally everything better.
>>
>>53129621

Nah, I was thinking of the Acts of Villainy from Infernals. With Solars it would be less 'Comically Evil' and more 'In your own worse nature', so a prideful solar ignoring an ally due to said pride of a wrathful solar smashing up something he shouldn't have.
>>
>>53128591
>had a small chance of success
I was under the impression it was like 50%, but Siddies are dicks so they chose the easy way.
>>
>>53130710
No, it was explicitly a small chance.
>>
>>53128591
See the thing is, you're forgetting the Curse also affects Sidereals, it fucks up their decision making. Meaning choosing to kill the Solars was objectively wrong.
>>
>>53130816

It doesn't make all decisions they make automatically wrong. Sids are still capable of good decisions even with the curse affecting them. Much like how all Solars don't just run around slaves to their base urges.
>>
>>53130960
>Sids are still capable of good decisions even with the curse affecting them

Except they specifically get worse at it the more of them that are around. Like when they all gathered up to decide what to do?

1 Sid might be capable of making good decisions. 10 might screw up pretty badly. All 100 of them? In the same place at once?
>>
>>53131586

It gets harder to make the right decision, yes.

It doesn't, however, inherently make any decision wrong. You could make the argument that their curse might have fucked it up but you can't say it's objectively wrong.
>>
>>53123917
Zeniths can destroy bodies as part of their anima.
>>
I don't like the Great Curse because it makes the game too noblebright to the point of being divorced from reality.

IRL, humans without godlike power, without god literally coming down and giving them the mandate of heaven, commit atrocities all the time. Thats human nature.

Exalted Humans must not be like real humans. Theyre so noble and good that they require a Great Curse to commit atrocities, because they're completely immune to the corruptive influence of personal power.

If the Great Curse matters even a little tiny bit, the setting is puppies and rainbows, and we're all playing fucking gummy bears who need a magic excuse to sometimes act human.
>>
>>53127805
>Realm being evil for evil's sake is just silly.

Except it isn't. Its evil because that is what every Empire in history has looked like.
>>
>>53123917

Throat Slitting Shadow Atemi. For not-corpses, check out the Larceny tree.
>>
>>53132050
Have you ever considered that exalted can be bad people even without the great curse and that the great curse just makes them way way worse?
>>
>>53132050
Think of the great curse instead like a sudden and abrupt case of magic heroin withdrawal at the exact worse time.
You want to help this village, but they are so stupid, and Sol damn why does the space behind your eyes burn so bad right now, you should do something to relieve it. And then it's been a three day long orgy, ending in the villagers sacrificing themselves to the Unconquered Sun.
>>
>>53132050
This is fucking retarded. There is no hint that humanity is in any real way different than from our world. The Great Curse is an additional corrupting influence that made Solars even more batshit bonkers than what would normally happen.

Mechanically, its purpose is to push players into roleplaying people who can be monsters despite their best of intentions. So even if someone plays a noblebright person, they're still gonna be a dick in some ways. This doesn't mean that everyone is a noblebright person because not every character is gonna be a noblebright person, some players are gonna wanna make asshole characters that totally buy into the power corrupts story but since players have control over their characters they can make it so that even if logically their characters would give into the allure of power, they don't. The Great Curse as a mechanic guarantees that they're still dickwads every so often.
>>
>>53130816
lol what?

no, it just means they spent far longer than they should have with their thumb up their ass playing office politics instead of acting, which is why you STILL have sids broken up into bronze vs gold thousands of years later
>>
Does anyone have the Anathema files that add the proper Anima powers to the generated character sheets?
>>
>>53133318
NO
>>
>>53124039
The devs have actually explicitly stated they won't be adding new charms to any splat outside of their own books, to avoid people having to use 20 different books to have all of their charmtext.
>>
>>53133597
:(
>>
>>53133827
Wait, what about Miracles of the Solar Exalted then?
>>
>>53133950

A one off to allow backers to create charms and reinsert a number of charms that were left on the cutting room floor. There might be Kickstarters for other splats, so that might happen again. Just don't expect another installment of Dreams of the First Age.
>>
>>53117873

3E a shit.
>>
>>53117873
no. it's empty. been out for years and unplayable without AT LEAST dragonbloods, and the best exalt types seem to be scheduled to release dead last so maybe my children will be able to play 3e?
>>
>>53133131
That is absolutely not what it means.
>>
Questions regarding 3e.

Are Virtues not a thing anymore?
Are the magical material bonuses gone?
Should I care about evocations, or is this going to be like 2e social combat and sorcery, something not worth learning?
>>
>>53133988
>>53133827

I will never believe that phrase because one of the most consistent sellers in ANY game system is always "Heres NEW SHIT for your existing characters", and Solars, being the "race" the game is built around, always have gotten new Charms in other books, in the same way D&D Fighters/Wizards/Rogues/Clerics/etc (ie: Core book stuff) ALWAYS gets new material in new books.
>>
>>53134524
>Are Virtues not a thing anymore?
>Are the magical material bonuses gone?
>Should I care about evocations, or is this going to be like 2e social combat and sorcery, something not worth learning?

Yes, I forget, and how much they matter is dependent upon how much you can make them matter, since they're all so different from item to item.
>>
>>53128203

You have to remember the Great curse of the Sidereals. They're severely retarded, especially when they work together.
>>
>>53134536

We'll get Artefacts, Martial Arts, and Sorcery at the very least.
>>
>>53134524
Virtues - Gone
Magical Material Bonuses - Gone
Evocations - Neat powers that can get really powerful depending on the Artifact that let you do things outside of your splat's thematic space. Summoning an apocalyptic volcano explosion isn't quite inside the Solar's wheelhouse, but with Volcano Cutter it is.
>>
>>53134612

Oh I know, I was specifically referring to there is definitely going to be new Solar Charms at some point. It is completely unavoidable. People will ask for it, and if they want money, they will provide it. Saying shit like "dev's said no more Solar charms ever!" is complete horse shit. It'll happen, because there is no reason for it not to, from a purely financial standpoint.
>>
>>53134673
I don't think they said no Solar Charms ever. But they did specifically load up the Core with a lot of Solar Charms so that most of their bases are covered and they don't have to add Solar Charms to every book which means you need to reference 20 books to build a Solar. Having to reference 3 or 4 is not nearly as bad.
>>
>>53134660
So, they're sort of like DnD legacy weapons?
>>
>>53132736
>Mechanically, its purpose is to push players into roleplaying people who can be monsters despite their best of intentions

It's not even really "monsters" necessarily, just ensuring that they occasionally express particualrly grandiose character flaws like old heroes of myth. These often cause serious problems, but "wow, you're a dick" isn't the *only* kind of reflection they can have on the character.
>>
Would it be reasonable to have everyone, in addition to the normal staring Intimacies, for everyone to start with a Defining Intimacy that functions similar to a Motivation from editions past?
I miss having a concrete "This is what I/you want to do, so now I/the ST has a thing we can work to."
>>
>>53134858
You could, but to me that always felt like a way to force players to get along and not be dicks by treating the game like GTA, when in reality they should be able to simple NOT play their characters like that.
>>
>>53134858

Thats basically what a defining intimacy is, though.
>>
File: prototype.02.lg.jpg (146KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
prototype.02.lg.jpg
146KB, 800x450px
Anybody here wanna help me get an idea of a strong celestial working to basically Alex mercer shit. The idea I had was a sort of when you decide to incorporate something you can after some fighting make a gambit like heart eating fist with the same style of gambit. If the creature or thing incorporated is sufficiently "better" then you you can have a stat growth of sorts that you agree on with the ST.
>>
>>53135148
So, a Lunar.
>>
>>53115256
>>53115922

Any more feedback on this sifereal-lunar homebrew?
>>
>>53134727

Kinda. They're there to help make each weapon/armor unique
>>
>>53135148
glow silver and wipe your ass with pinecones. we're going back to 1e fluff so better stay out of cities just in case
>>
>>53134536
I'd be more likely to actually PAY for the new books if solars DON"T to be honest.
>>
>>53136098

Then you're obviously playing the wrong game.
>>
>>53135332
I guess? I have the essence of a primordial beast of hunger and I wanted to bind it in a way that can allow my character to keep striving towards being a horrifying weapon.
>>
>>53124289
>>53124253
>>53124244

>mfw everyone forgot about the Sids

Absolutely typical.
>>
Am I the only one who love to flesh out societies, cultures and religions which exist beyond the Realm's influence, often with very different cosmology and worldviews as well as interactions with the terrestrial gods (such as societies were minor God-Blooded may compose a good chunk of a social class)? Creation is such a big place that I can't help but want to imagine new locales and show that as much as the Realm and the DB may be at the center of the world, whole dynasties, kingdoms, cultures and whatnot live and thrive (and exist for solar and the others to fuck over if they wish to) with their own drama, heroes ans villains.
>>
>>53136486

It's their own fault. They broke the Mask.
>>
>>53136554
>often with very different cosmology and worldviews
Mind you, those mythologies are more than likely utterly fucking false but the people don't KNOW that!
>>
File: Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg (5MB, 2890x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg
5MB, 2890x1870px
How big is the south-west coastline?
>>
>>53118749
What if you use cunning to blow shit up? That said, as unlikely as this seem I'd love to play some more Exalted.
>>
>>53136650
In 3E? Pretty big, as if everything else. In Creation, things are always big like the UCS golden shlong.
>>
>>53136650
There's a distance marker on the compass rose - about 3000-3300 miles long. So about the length from Maine to Texas coastline
>>
Has anyone had experience in simultaneous games where you ST in one and play as another?

Thinking about doing an alternating weekly one and wondering if it's plausible.
>>
>>53136129
books for other splats shouldn't piss away wordcount adding bloat to one that's already completed. they do that I'll decide it's part of core and steal it here ;)
>>
>>53136908
My main group does that a whole lot. There's a main ST who started a campaign and along the way one of his players started another campaign in the same world (with different players mind you, because we know too much ttrpg players, so games end up conflicting).

The premise is that the main game is about a group of solar building an empire and saving Creation from abominations, while the side game is about the dbs working under them to keep things going smoothly while the solar are away in Malfeas or something and the neighbouring nation is trying to invade.

It's pretty fun, but it does create some arbitrary barriers in the game. Say the dbs arc is about the kingdom of Watavyu, then to avoid contradictions the solars are barred from interacting with it directly while the place is being fluffes and stuff. Sometimes we do crossovers though, and it's fun to see pcs as npcs for the night. The twilight became especially important to the dbs since none of them had occult for a while, as an example.
>>
>>53136486
Don't be silly, Sidereals don't exist.
>>
Movement spotted on Arms of the Chosen again in the Monday Meeting notes; it's gone up to Development.
>>
>>53138779

When's it due out again?
>>
>>53139180
Like another month or two I think.
>>
>>53134580
>You have to remember the Great curse of the Sidereals. They're severely retarded, especially when they work together.
Oh, right. Yeah, I should really remember *all* the reasons I have for hating the Great Curse. The Sidereal Curse is also dumb and unnecessary. Just like with the Solar Curse, it could be removed without changing anything about the setting's history. >>53132050 may be exaggerating, but his basic idea is right. It takes some spectacular naivete completely divorced from reality to consider the Great Curse in any way necessary for things going like they did in the First Age. This isn't even some edgy "humans are evil" kind of thing. Humans don't inevitably fuck up, but they are fully capable of fucking up in alla kinds of ways, and that's all that's needed for the setting to make sense.
>>
>>53132050
Yeah, honestly you don't need the great curse to explain every douchery which happen after the Primordial War. Paradoxically, it can also open the potential for a player to play a genuinely good character if he manage to not let hubris and dickery get to him. Which would be hard, but great.
>>
>>53123402
Which, if said Heroic Mortal is important to your story, makes sense; otherwise, why wouldn't they be considered a Trivial Opponent?
>>
>>53127803
>The mortals just change having to deal with Fair Folk or gods for living under a giant culture of megalomaniacs aggrandized by a religion, and their miniscule scraps of additional well-being come at the expense of everyone in every satrapy in the Threshold.

Fair Folks are a giant culture of sociopaths, and the very definition of a god is a megalomaniac aggrandized by a religion.

The Realm just works (-ed before the Empress disappearance). When you are a Satrapy, you exchange freedom for protection, economical well-being, and the assurance a god won't try to eat your children and fuck your wife, and that the Fair Folk won't try to eat your soul, and the dead and ghost shit will be promptly managed. It is no surprise most mortals in Creation find it totally fair.

Hell, if I were some random mortal, I would definitely prefer to be secure in the Realm rather than in some muck hole when I'm twenty meters from being ass raped by every single magical psychopath of the book.

Independent nations only exist because they are too far to be controlled by the Realm, too small to be even seen by the Realm, or too powerful to be assimilated. Everyone else want/is under Realm's rules.
>>
Okay, been reading through the 3e books, and something I kinda got was that they made a small change to how exaltations work, and it's got -really- massive consequences.

Basically, exaltations are now a little widget that Lytek keeps around, they can be handed out to various gods to shove a fuckton of power into and that's how you get exigents, or they can be stolen, and that's how you get other sorts of exaltations like the spooky fate-breaker not-sidereal cyborgs.

Given there were 5 extra exalted, and the book ends were an alchemical and an infernal, does that mean there'll be a new kind of yozi exalted? (the gal behind the alchemical looked a lot like a 2e infernal exalt) Not a corrupted solar exaltation like the infernals but a spare empty exaltation cribbed then had a yozi shove their power into it?

Liminals are pretty obviously a primordial exaltation but still working on the same basic premise of shoving the power of the divine into a mortal form, so I'm curious if the other exalted have to be various kinds of primordial exalted, or cribbed-celestial exalted shells.
>>
>>53122101

Spears are associated with knights? I tend to associate them with peasant infantry. Or do you mean lances?

I made an armour artifact that did a similar thing for a gladiator-esque character of mine. I make no assertions about its quality: http://howsfamily.net/Exalted/wiki/index.php?title=Perfected_Form
>>
>>53141257

>Basically, exaltations are now a little widget that Lytek keeps around

Nowhere is this stated. What is true is that the Exigency is a discrete thing that can be stolen and fiddled with to a degree, but this doesn't mean its true for the other Exalts.

>or they can be stolen, and that's how you get other sorts of exaltations like the spooky fate-breaker not-sidereal cyborgs.

The Getimians are not Exigents, so no. Stolen exigencies are used to make black market exigents, you don't randomly get any kind of exalt from one.

>Liminals are pretty obviously a primordial exaltation but still working on the same basic premise of shoving the power of the divine into a mortal form, so I'm curious if the other exalted have to be various kinds of primordial exalted, or cribbed-celestial exalted shells.

I don't even know what this is trying to say. Liminals are made when someone driven enough tries really hard to resurrect someone, and the Dark Mother hijacks the process to create a Liminal. I don't see where you're getting the 'obviously primordial' from, because she is kept intentional mysterious but there doesn't seem to be anything primordial like about her.
>>
>>53123221
>>53123402
>use Awakening Eye with Wits 5 + Awareness 5 + Join Battle specialty
>21 dice, about 2 dice rerolled on average, about 12 successes, so 15 Initiative
>this is enough to do an average of 6 damage boxes to an enemy, for 5 motes: a 38% chance of killing an Heroic Mortal outright, and likely a significant wound for him even if you don't.
>but hold on to your hats, we're just getting started
>activate Single Point Form for 10m, then activate Awakening Eye again
>potential to make two Initiative 15 attacks
>10 motes committed, 10 spent
>activate Fatal Stroke Flash on the attacks to add the difference in Initiative to the damage rolls; they'll probably have 5-7 Initiative, so that's about +8-10 damage
>22m, 2wp
>use Thunderbolt Attack Prana to double your damage
>30m, 4wp
>you're doing two attacks with 23-25 dice of Decisive damage, which is then doubled
That's an average of a total of 40 boxes of damage. That's enough to one-shot two Size 5 Battle Groups, or severely damage things like Behemoths or combat-focused Celestial Gods and Second Circle Demons like Ahlat or Octavian.
>>
>>53141925
>Nowhere is this stated

Shit, I don't think Lytek even fucking EXISTS in 3e.
>>
>>53142256
30m, 4wp.

Seems about right.
>>
So what was the purpose of this edition's dice cap, exactly?
>>
>>53141257
iirc the preview talked about how 2e infernals were still around, but they were the second wave and what you'd get to play was just the green solars ;)
>>
>>53136554
You should upload your writings somewhere. I'm sure people can use a bunch of fleshed out locales for their threshold campains!
>>
The Primordal War was a mistake, lessened the world, fucked everything up by making the underworld and by causing every single antagonistic splat to exist.

The gods and Exalts too the easy way out rather than the Exalted way of socialing the Primordals and reforming them. The Solars are just spiteful, greedy usurpers that wished nothing but to rule, fucking the world over in the process by taking the objectively worse option.

[Spoiler]this is what Usurpation-haters actually sound like[/Spoiler]
>>
>>53143228
It always felt a bit funky that reclamation=badwrongfun when the entire game is about "Solars are back to reclaim what they ruled"
>>
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but what's the reasoning for the Materialize charm costing half the spirit's total motes?
>>
>>53143258
it distracted from sucking off the solars who are the designated stars of exalted with other splats serving as accessories
>>
>>53119164
>What do you like better? Fond Rememberance of Adrián or Purity of Madness Defense?
The former. Bitchslapping some filthy Raksha for trying to fuck with you is immensely satisfying.
>>
>>53139355

The curse does seem a bit unnecessary, but i'm not too buttjacked about it.

>>53142339

Fucking retcons. The only thing i can justify it for is the infernal womb because fuck was that horrible, edgy for the sake of being edgy bullshit.

Oh yeah, and expanding creation.
>>
>>53119155
>Might as well keep the stupid sexy beastmen and potatoes as well as Solar created mutants. The Dorafs were canonically a slave race for the Astrals.

It's cool if you like the idea and want to run with it, but I hope you mean 'slave race' as in they were just enslaved and you didn't fall for that random bullshit that the Dorafs as a race were engineered during the known Astral occupation because people decided to interpret one english translated line exactly the way they want to when it was unambiguous in the original language. The game's setting made it clear that the four main races existed in the Skydoms long before the Astral occupation, only mostly divided among their own islands and skydoms.

(They and the other races could all still be possibly engineered, but it'd have to happen much earlier. The Astrals seems to definitely had a hand on the world before the Skydoms even came into existence.)

Enough about that rant though. Where do the various Exalted fit into your idea ?
>>
>>53143756
Infernal womb?
>>
>>53143836
>slaves

Its easier to explain them as a created slave race in Exalted terms.

>Where do the various Exalted fit into your idea ?

They don't. No Terrestrial lines exist and none of the other Exalt types ever Exalted up there. Primal Beasts were primarily sorcerously altered elementals or demons.
>>
>>53117292
"Come for the drugs, stay for the orgies"
-House Cynis, a Family Company.
>>
>>53135332
>So, a Lunar.
Don't be silly, anon. Lunars are only good for turning into barnyard animals and sucking Glorious Solar Cock.
>>
>>53143936

Lillun, the Phylactery Womb.
>>
>>53142256

>Hey guys, we fixed lethality!!1

Fuck this game.
>>
>>53144693
Yeah, a combat-focused character practicing a specific martial art and spending half his resources being able to perform one-hit kills sure is the same as a mortal with a fuckhuge hammer being able to do the same.
>>
i hope the lunar book comes out as soon as it can, maybe we'll get an end to the retarded idea that they can only ever be the way 1e/2e botched them or the pile of shit that is TAW
>>
>>53145273
>the pile of shit that is TAW
Mind giving a reasoning as to why you think TAW is shit, besides "it's different so it must be bad"?
>>
>>53145382

The only thing I like about TAW is that it makes Lunars feel useful outside of RIP AND TEAR! The Excellency they have is actually pretty cool with how it gives bonus dice rather than "DBT or bust" and I like how their animal forms can let you be pokemon with ease.

Yea it suffers from Silver Solars, but as someone who is very critical of EarthScorpian I still consider it way better than what we got for current Lunars in 2.Xe as at least TAW actually fucking works.
>>
>>53145382

its not a good vision for lunars overall, and exists just to be as different as possible to 1e/2e. some parts i do like and agree with: the general attitude of moving them away from solars to stand on their own merit is great. the problem is that it fails to fix the biggest problem: lunars lacking variety. instead of being stuck as a barbarian, now youre stuck as a deranged abomination.

it found popularity because older edition lunars sucked so much that people wanted anything different, but now we have 3e where lunar problems are actually being addressed without just making them chimeras. the lunar-solar bond is now a totally optional thing that some did and most didnt, the caul shows how they've actually been out there doing things, achieving greatness and changing the world even in a fallen age, etc. still a big slant towards barbarianism but not losing your exaltation for wiping your ass, so w/e.
>>
>>53143228
>>53143258
>>53143258
The thing with the Reclamation is, if you use it, that EVERYTHING become about the Reclamation as it become this big arc/metaplot about the big nasty villains demon primordial breaking from their prison. Everything else become rather meaningless next to it short of full Deathlord or Fair Folk invasion.

What this mean is that everything become meaningless in term of scale and story. It become the Yozi's show. Now if this is what you want your game to be about, by all mean do so but understand the Infernal were nothing but the new golden...erm...sickly green boy and shiny new 'toy' of the developers who completely overtook the line by the end.
>>
>>53143258
That might have something to do with the fact Solars are chosen from righteous people whole demons are evil as shit.
>>
>>53145654

yeah, just look at return of the scarlet empress. the dragonblooded, the realm? useless and stupid, who cares. heaven? nah, chejop dies off-screen and the sidereals are wiped out by infernals. in fact, infernals run around defeating everyone, really. lunars? infernals beat them up, because theyre the best. the unconquered sun? infernals kill him. only solars can dare to stop the most powerful of all exalts: the infernals.

thats without even mentioning that shitheap that is devil tigers.
>>
>>53145703
>guaranteed replies dot jpg
>>
>>53145760
I'm not going to lie, I was about to write a lengthy reply until your post reminded me not to feed trolls.
>>
>>53143258

this is pretty stupid, since the reclamation is a group of world-gods sealed inside themselves trying to break free, and if even one of them did it would be the end of the world as we know it. it doesnt create interesting stories, it gets rid of them. who cares about the political machinations going on in Whitewall, or the mounting gang wars in the towering cityblocks of Wu Jian? the motherfucking ebon dragon just broke out and stepped on both those cities and only you and your e8 circle can stop him. solars, on the other hand, are not a collective or world-ending power. theyre individuals, scattered and hunted, and while they cause a lot of trouble, its localised. most of them are wiped out by the wyld hunt. a solar can show up while you are playing as a different exalt and not automatically invalidate everything you're doing, despite what 2e insisted.
>>
Was Five Days Darkness literally UCS' shadow as in he no longer cast one?
>>
>>53145875

There's too many solars and the realm is collapsing. Wyld hunt just ain't the threat it used to be
>>
>>53145875
>it doesnt create interesting stories, it gets rid of them.
This. Entirely this.
>>
>>53145989
He's the first shadow cast by the Unconquered Sun
>>
>>53136047
>going back to 1e fluff

With "civiliation" crossed out and replaced with the Realm. So, really, we aren't going back to 1e fluff, but a fixed form of it that we should have gotten in the past edition instead of MoeP: Lunars, the book full of BAWWWWW WE'RE SO BETTER THAN THE SOLARS!

tl;dr the only place that pinecone is going is up a Dynast's ass.

>>53141126
>empire fetishizing.txt
People only want to live there so that they can be the ones doing the screwing. It's not a very good state for the world.
>>
>>53145989
>>53146177

You both apparently don't know what a good story is.

Or maybe, just maybe, it just so happens that people are allowed to disagree with you and think that the Reclamation is interesting.

But of course, other people aren't allowed to have fun. we wouldn't fucking want them to get any ideas, like thinking that this is a game they own and can play however they like.

Because that would ruin your games or something.

Really, if you don't like Infernals and have no interest in using them why the fuck do you care what their narrative is?

People who disagree with you are allowed to have nice things Anon. Get over yourselves.
>>
>>53147690

even if you say the reclamation is impossible, people like you still run it as if it is. the problem is that when you say it is possible - as 2e did - the entire game becomes about it - again, as 2e did. does this help, you fucking retard.
>>
>>53147690
It's not about whether it's an interesting story, it is, very much so. Infernals were well made, their narrative entertaining and their charms tons of fun. Personally I dislike Infernal but that's because of the fanwank over them that made me want to dig out my brains with a power drill. The problem are morons who insist that demons are the good guys, that the Yozis were innocent, Solars are evil for defeating the Primordials in the first place, and the Reclamation is an ideal goal that will benefit Creation.

What WOULD benefit Creation is moving a many people and animals a you can some place safe, then releasing the Kukla to fix all the geomancy, cure the Shadowlands, basically fix mot of the world-ending scenarios implied in the setting. Plus it'll take care of some nagging problems like Lintha, behemoths, that Lunar loli who eats babies, etc.
>>
Since we're at the "Endless debates we've had a hundred times already" stage, I'll bring back another oldie.

Autochton: hero of the little guy, or glorified school shooter by proxy?
>>
>>53148045
>The problem are morons who insist that demons are the good guys, that the Yozis were innocent, Solars are evil for defeating the Primordials in the first place, and the Reclamation is an ideal goal that will benefit Creation.
People who say that are edgelord. The gods at least offered some semblance of order and a life that won't end at random when some all-powerful being decide to swat you as-

...goddamn it.
>>
>>53147102
> People only want to live there so that they can be the ones doing the screwing. It's not a very good state for the world.

I mean, it's not any worse than any other godawful empire that's cropped up in this setting, and in a lot of ways it's substantially better.
>>
>>53148045
>>53148608
You know, come to think of it: the Yozi have the Ebon Dragon in their rank. The embodiment of douchebaggery and dickery. Pretty sure anything or anywhere the Ebon Dragon isn't allowed to do what he please is an improvement over a place where he is.
>>
>>53148045

While I don't agree with them look at the situation from the Primordial's point of view.

You are tired of gibberish that surrounds you decide to create a code that actually has a purpose. You meet with your friends and you start coding. One day you realize some parts of the code started to do things out of their designated function. You all decide to scrap the project and start a new. Then you realize your program decided to turn against you.
>>
>>53148805
>Ebon Dragon
>The embodiment of douchebaggery and dickery.
2e pls go
>>
Noob question - do committed motes of Essence count for purposes of Anima Banner appearing?
>>
>>53149163
Only during the instant you spend them
>>
>>53149102
And you created programs that were weak and helpless on purpose, made them sapient, and made them capable of love, fear, despair and hope, so they would pray to you and your friends to deliver them from this hellish world you had created. And if the prayers get a little light, you pay them a visit as a living natural disaster to crank up the suffering so they pray more. Then you create a being of perfect virtue and near limitless power, and in his home you put a room where your atrocities and genocides play 24/7, for no reason than to be a dick. So yeah, BIG SHOCKER when that turns against you. The Yozis got what they asked for.
>>
>>53149118
Well it's better than....um...what even WAS his 1st edition fluff beyond being mysterious?
>>
>>53149202
Thank you.
>>
>>53149237
You're a faggot dipshit cocksucker if that's all you took from it.
>>
>>53149163

If you use peripheral essence it will only make your anima banner appear for a scene. If you use your personal essence then it doesn't show at all when you use it.
>>
>>53149265
I honestly can't recall much of the 1st edition Ebon Dragon, who was just being all shadowy (the shadow of all things and all that) and trying to 'test his prison'.

But by all mean, enlightened my dipshit cocksucking self.
>>
>>53149210
Yeah, but...they're not really people. Their souls (they only have two of them!) don't even have souls! I mean, you can barely call them living.
>>
>>53149210
>About as complex to them as video game AIs are complex to us

So you're saying you've never been a dick in a video game just because you can? Do you deserve to be tortured forever just because of that? Also, Primordial's are Hyper Autists who can't really understand things outside their purview.

Also, life in pre-primordial era wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Yeah, you're probably gonna get sacrificed by a Dragon King if you're really good at what you do, but your reincarnation is garunteed, and from your point of view it's a great honor.

The Dragon Kings did most of the praying, actually. The Primordial's didn't do much beyond play the games of divinity and screw around in Yu-Shan. They also created the Unconquered Sun to watch over creation, too, not just to be a dick.
>>
>>53149769
So, you fail at reading comprehension.
>>
>>53148350
Auto doesn't actually fit the profile of the shootings in question, since it isn't the abused who do that, but abusers who are out for a bigger thrill.

>>53149290
Extremely into the pursuit of forbidden and terrifying knowledge, particularly of death. Also, you know how a lot of immortals are portrayed as being sadder and sadder every time a "mayfly" mortal consort dies? Ebby lives for that shit and seeks out those who are going to die soon, and go out in a way that changes the world in some fashion, and it's his thing, he loves it. No amount of past passed lovers is going to make him quit, ever, which is why the fact that his bride might live started to create such a stir in Erembour's song.

Generally, the other Yozis already had the "I'm a dick!" thing down, anyway. Malfeas, in his original description, in fact; he was no cutter of himself. Just Creation. He wants continually to hurt the gods and the Exalted as deeply as he can, and that is what gives his existence meaning. As such, he probably won't be singing or dancing for the mortal world, since that's the one common place where Yozis relent in their maliciousness. Kimbery also has the toxic relationships thing, while Szoreny is Mr. Mirror Match Nemesis.
>>
>>53147767

So, the Yozi police come to your home and make you run games about the Yozi.

Of course how couldn't I see it earlier.

The Reclamation cannot be an interesting story because useless idiots like you may feel obligated to run games about it or the Yozi.

And I or anyone should certainly pay our utmost attention and respect for these peoples so incapable of making their own decisions about their games.

Totally.

Because doing what I and anyone who wanted to run a Yozi scape story before the Infernal's book came out and ignoring some shit you don't like is beyond the capacity of your withered and damaged brains.

Fuck you Anon.
>>
>>53150266
I dunno man, call me cliche but I really dig Ebon Dragon-is-Aku on steroid interpretations.
>>
>>53144723
what went wrong?
>>
>>53147767
The problem wasn't that BECAUSE IT WAS POSSIBLE that 2e became all about it. 1e too had a problem with super-villains becoming the main star of the end of the gameline.

The problem with 2e's reclamation (and 1e's Oblivion and Deathlords) was simply put the nature of story heavy gamelines and natural escalation.

2e became all about the reclamation because everything else that the game offered (to solars) was just... too small. The game was about mythic heroes with magnificient powers and most of the threats of the game just... fall flat to the powers these heroes bring.

Solars started too powerful too early and most of their threats just couldn't bring bearing to the game without becoming boring. In addition, outside of the good old "CONSEQUENCES" piece of advice, the EASY stories for exalted are kind of lacking. This leads players and GMs to look for ANYTHING to run as an adventure past "beat up Dragonblooded who suck so bad you're instantly immune to any mechanics they can bring to you," (hint, this is one of the reasons the Realm wasn't worth fighting, the game would just be boring,) "diplomance with Lunars who really don't even matter," "fight against siderials who are just busted mechanically," or "fight against Abyssals who are pretty much just the same thing as you but painted black."

The Reclamation itself was a symptom of three problems. One being Solars just were too powerful for most of the stories the game wanted to tell once they started getting XP. Any game line that goes on too long starts to suffer from escalation disease, and in a game where you start at 11, that leads to even bigger problems. In addition, Infernals were the new hotness and honestly, were probably the first splat in the game line to actually have good mechanics since arguably the Solars.

Everything became about Yozis because 2e sucked. The 2e version of the reclamation sucked, don't get me wrong, but it was a fresh type of shit. Reclamation sucks because 2e sucks.
>>
>>53150298
Let Aku be Aku and the Ebon Dragon be EXTRA THICK!

I mean, not a combination of several other Yozis trying to one-up them. It ruins the purpose of having multiple Yozis if one is going to be the end-all, be-all of assholes. You have to distribute the asshole flavors around. Consider how Cytherea started getting written as another "evil mother" stereotype in parts of 2e, even though Kimbery has a firm grip on the NO WIRE HANGERS EVER! corner. You don't need more than one of those sorts of cosmic beings.
>>
File: lunars not even once.png (308KB, 702x996px) Image search: [Google]
lunars not even once.png
308KB, 702x996px
Daily reminder that Lunars will NEVER be good.
>>
>>53150814
That's what happen when you base a whole splat off the worst fucking splat in the Old World of Darkness.
>>
So, why no artifact shields?
>>
>>53150889
But everyone loves the Sidereals.
>>
>>53151075
The...who?
>>
File: filet of nightmare.jpg (43KB, 600x812px) Image search: [Google]
filet of nightmare.jpg
43KB, 600x812px
>>53151215
Does someone need to be unplugged?
>>
>>53150814

What is it about Lunars that every time they come up, they tend to stop all discussion about everything else and make all of the discussions about them? Admittedly, this seems to be a bit more common on the forums.
>>
>>53151304
A decade of mistakes, still drowning everything years after the edition ended.
>>
>>53151379
>>53151304

New guy to exalted and I don't know what you guys are referring to. What is wrong with Lunars?
>>
>>53151434
They're furries, for one. Second is that they don't really have much to do beyond being barbarian who hate society because of bad leftovers from Werewolf the Apocalypse.
>>
Any advice for fluff rewries so the entire setting isnt just dedicated to sucking Solars cock.

Also as a new comer to Exalted is anyone else really turned off by the idea of Solars? Like they just feel way to "good guys" for the setting they are trying to make. Plus the UC picking then reeks of whole "chosen one" bullshit
>>
>>53151434
They're a splat of "amazing warriors" when every other splat has at least one caste for that who usually does it better.
>>
>>53151514
>Plus the UC picking then reeks of whole "chosen one" bullshit

This is bait, right? There's a reason one of the epithets of the Exalted Host in general is "The Chosen".
>>
>>53151514
Abyssals and Infernals already do that, there's only 150 Solars left rather than 300, and both those Exalt types can do everything Solars can. But yeah, Solars can get old. That's why we need a 3e update for a good splat, like Alchemicals.
>>
>>53151434

They've no real place in the setting. Neither do Solars, but that's okay, they were absent for 1500 years and are just discovering themselves. Abyssals and Infernals server the Deathlords and Yozi, respectively. DB rule Creation through the Realm, and Sidereals operate from Heaven as Fates caretakers.

Lunars have no place in the setting, and it shows.

>>53151514

Every Exalt has a patron who "chose" them, save maybe the DBs.
>>
>>53151514
>Plus the UC picking then reeks of whole "chosen one" bullshit
Being an Exalted explicitly makes you the 'chosen one' (well, one in 100 to 300 depending on the type) of some major cosmic being. This might just be the wrong fucking setting for you, bro.

>Like they just feel way to "good guys" for the setting they are trying to make
The heroism of the Solar is a complicated matter. They're not 'good' in the sense a classical D&D paladin is 'good'. Solar are picked because they are talented and driven people, who excel at things beyond their peer, not because they are paragon of morality. Sure, trying to play a Solar as a knight in golden shining armor is a valid concept but so is Herakles and Gilgamesh or even Sun Wukong, who are quite capable of being dicks. You need to think 'hero' in the classic mythological sense.

If anything, the writers did the opposite and hammered how much the solar sucked during 2e due to making everything grimdark, since solar are cursed to become total assholes.
>>
>>53151635
To be fair, everything went grimdark because the siddie curse made them make a shit decision to kill the Solars off, rather than try to reform them. But BIG SURPRISE, they chose the option that would put THEM in charge of the world, not the Solars.
>>
>>53151732

It was also the choice that would guarantee Creations long term survival. If they chose otherwise, there would have been no guarantee that the Solars would destroy Creation in a bit to save it from themselves.
>>
>>53151732
True, but my point is that people thinking the writers pushed the Solar as a 'moralfag' type of Exaltation have it wrong. Solars are not tied to our concept of what is good/moral. They're not fucking Superman, Captain America, Paragon!Shepard, Kenshiro or Kamen Rider. At least not inherently. The potential is there but, arguably, such a concept is totally playable with other Exalt, even the Dragon-Blooded (even if such a 'nice guy' reformist would probably end up dead and chopped in croutons).

Solar are creation's hope because they are powerful and able to accomplish miracles which (supposedly) cannot be achieved by others. It begin and end at the fact they were just that powerful, a fact muddled in the Age of Sorrow by the corrupted Solar shards.

I think the problem is that many people see said corrupted Solar and other bad guys of the setting and immediately assume "well if those are the clear villains, then the shiny golden demigod must be the heroes!". Which is so, so far from the truth. You know that example where I said a character like Kenshiro is totally playable as a solar?

Well, so is Raoh...
>>
>>53142256
so, yeah. "You can do it, you just need to blow most of your resources to do it"
>>
>>53142256
Can't use Awakening Eye or really most of the Awareness Join Battle boosters to supplement your sword's Join Battle rule since it's a Wits+Martial Arts roll now Wits+Awareness.

Can't use Thunderbolt Attack Prana twice in the same turn unless you had some way to get back to Short Range since it can't be used when in Close Range with someone.
>>
So was there a typo or mistake somewhere, or were reaper daiklaves intended to be identical to standard ones? Because there is literally no difference.
>>
>>53152261

No difference by design, I think. You can't use Waifuklave with Shining Point.
>>
>>53152308
Yeah, this. Martial arts still, for whatever reason, care about the *type* of weapon you have rather than its class and tags. So it doesn't matter if they're mechanically identical, you can't use Shining Point with a standard daiklave or straight sword because herp a derp we make gud gaems gaiz lol
>>
>>53152308
That style must be something special then.
>>
>>53152418
You'd think they could add or change a tag at least.
>>
>>53152453
That would require intelligence the 3e team doesn't have.
>>
>>53152418
Probably because the limitation on Single Point is a stylistic one, not a mechanical one? Like you could make an MA that allows all swords as form weapons. The fact that SP can't be used with daiklaives is because...daiklaives are not katanas. There doesn't need to be another reason, although it may be possible that some artifact evocations will be written on the assumption that X style can't use 'em.
>>
>>53151607
>No place in the setting

The worry of prior editions.

>>53152453
Which did you have in mind? They're all there in the book. Nothing's really hidden.
>>
>>53154172
>Which did you have in mind?
Flexible instead of Balanced, for either sword.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.